Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe Piazapi And as you can see from the opening of the video, we had boots on the ground at the NFL Combine. Now, it's a little shame that we didn't see Derek Brown run the forty in his underwear, but there's always next year, and there's always dreaming. Andrew Ericsson, Debro Derek Brown. We're at the NFL Combine and they're here to talk with me about the risers and the fathers after everything that went down, all the forties, all the vertical jumps, all the routes, all the throws. The boys saw them all and they got to speak to some of the guys as well. So we've got some footage year from some of those interviews. We've got all the takeaways. But before we get to the next guys in the NFL, some current stuff's going on the NFL. It's been a jam packed week. Let's start with the big trade that went down Saturday night. A fifth round pick goes from the Washington Commanders to the San Francisco forty nine ers in exchange Deebo Samuel goes to the commanders, Deebro start with you on this one. You know I was fading Deebo last year, but this is kind of intriguing now. If Deebo shows up in better shape to camp this year, and that is key for me at least to buy back in. This could be a really good situation in fantasy for Deebo. Samuel as the number two and a lot of volume with Jayden Daniels in Washington.
Speaker 2: Big agree, Joey, And you look what the commanders did. They picked up the pace, threw more down the stretch as well as this fit makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 3: Man. They were sixth in screen.
Speaker 2: Passes last year, and outside of McLaurin and Luke McCaffrey, every single other wide receiver on this roster was slated to hit free agency or is slated to hit free agency after this year. So I love this, and i'll before Ericson gives his take here, we were both sitting in the stands at the combine when this trade goes down, and we have two commander's staffers sitting behind us, and we're like We.
Speaker 3: Turn around to them, We're like, did you know this is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You've been buttoned up like we were chatting with him the entire time, so it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Had all unfolded, Well did they know or no? Was that surprise?
Speaker 3: Then they just kind of like shrugged their shoulders.
Speaker 4: Like who.
Speaker 1: Then they didn't. Then they were just trying to be cool. Andrew Erickson, You're never trying to be cool. You just are cool. That's how you roll. Nice haircut by the way, too looking sharp. So question for you, Deebo Samuel Commanders. He made the comment which was throwing shade on the way out, very high class. Now I get to play with a real quarterback. Yikes, col Deebo throwing stones? What do you think of debo in Washington?
Speaker 4: Deebo Samuel really said that.
Speaker 1: Or he really said that because he's got a podcast, because they give anybody a podcast.
Speaker 4: I will say when we were talking to those some of those Commander staffers after that trade went down, they did also mad let's hope he's in shape, because I think that is a big key here with Deebo Samuel. So last year was really bad for him to get outside the top forty receivers even after brand Now you got hurt so you expected, Hey, he's got all this expectation. Ricky Piersoll was a non factor after suffering the gun wounded in the offseason, so Deebo had all the opportunities in the world. He went over twenty two receiving yards one time in his last seven games. Now I know the other issue was he was dealing with pneumonia and his lungs. Was he one hundred percent? We don't know. But it's the hot and cold thing with Deebo Samuel every single year where it's like, well, which guy are we going to get? Yes, maybe he's more motivated now he got traded for a fifth round pick, but he's still making a decent amount of money still because the Commanders are paying the contract that the fort Nineers sent over with him. So I'm not gonna be as high on yo as Anuel, to be honest, Cliff Kingsbury, I've seen him put a wide receiver at left wide receiver and not move him at all. Deebo Samuel, you have to scheme up manufacture touches for him. He's a guy that can constantly banged up. He's a mobile quarterback. So yes, the offense had a lot of screens last year, But how much of that was because oh, we're running backs and Zach Ertz are the rest of our offense behind Terry McLaurin. So I think if he's going schemed up or steamed up into the top twenty four wide receivers, I think I'm out.
Speaker 1: So that's okay, Well, that's fair. I don't want to overrate him, And that's what happens to you. Guy goes to a team, people overrate him. Just look at everybody who got traded last year in season and now everybody thought it would be good and basically none of them worked out as a complete disaster. Now one guy who's staying put it. Wide receiver T Higgins franchised. He ain't going nowhere. Look, it's good for Joe Burrow, it's good for Jamar Chase. I think it's good for T Higgins in a way because he gets another year to pad some stats. And if the Bengals have the kind of season ahead of them that I think they might, then I think he's going to get a huge paiday next year. So I don't know if there's anything else to add on that, except we know what T Higgins looks like. In the Bengals and it's good. And I think that twenty twenty five is going to be a good year for the Cincinnati Bengals. Maybe you were a year early on the Bengals bandwagon ericson on the betting side, just saying, just throwing that out there. But let's get to the NFL combine stuff here. Let's start with the winners and losers here, Debro, let's start with you give me the winner at the running back position.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We're talking rbs right now that you think really popped for you.
Speaker 2: What my guy, my RB five in this class coming into the combine, My RB five exiting the combine, that's r J Harvey.
Speaker 3: Baby, he crushed it.
Speaker 2: Eight point nine RAZ ninety first percentau or higher in both the vertical and broad jumps. And you marry that with a ninety six percentile four point four forty.
Speaker 3: RJ.
Speaker 2: Harvey, welcome to Day two of the NFL Draft. He's gonna get drafted. I'm not saying in round two, but probably in round three. And he deserves to be man For a player that over the last two years has been top twenty in both breakaway rate and elusive rating. RJ Harvey is really stinking good at football and people are going to put more respect on his name, and teams had to love what they seen at the combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I certainly would agree with that. Rahem Sanders was an interesting one for me too. He kind of stood out for me, very smooth, good forty time, was good in the drills. I really liked what I saw. It wasn't es from didn't watch it a lot of Arkansas this year, so I didn't catch them a lot. So that was one that just really popped for me. Watching ericson You Were There Live though, I was just some numbskull watching on TV dvring going back and forth million times. Who stood out to you at the running back position that you think did themselves a service this past weekend.
Speaker 4: It's my guy, Mishelle Tuton, Virginia Tech. But we did the comp show. That was my guy. At the end of the show, talked about sleepers in this class, people not put enough respect on his name. There was a reason why he was being slept on, you know when I got a chance to talk to him at the podium because nobody else was there, because they weren't They weren't excited about this Virginia Tech guy, but I was, and he blew every expectation out of the water, posting ninety eighth percent of forty yard dash, ninety six percent of vertical jump, ninety six percentile broad jump. When he ran his four thte eight, I was already to like tweet out victory laps and then he read a four three two and then Debro put a clip up on x and social media of us just like screaming in the States. So it was it was a Joey, we missed you at that point because you would have been screaming right along with us.
Speaker 1: I missed there. I'm not gonna lull, but that for.
Speaker 4: Me was the biggest He was the big swinner, you know, again a player that has explsiveness on tape and you could see that translate to the drills. He weighs over two hundred pounds, So this is in the case of like devon a chan where he was one hundred and eight pounds. He ran the same speed as him on a Chan did, but he did it at over two hundred pounds. So yeah, this is a guy that's going from maybe he was in that round five consideration and now it's like, well, this guy's going to go in round three or round four, potentially even at the end of round two because of how explosive he is. He's underrated as a pass catcher. So as someone that I was really excited to watch, I was really happy to see have a big day and the person too, right cause I got to talk to him in real life. Canna. Remember, these guys are just you know, names on a page or in my spreadsheet, but they are real people, and I was happy for him.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there are a lot of people want to talk to him after the forty times that they ran, but Andrew Erickson did get to speak with him beforehand. So here's a clip of Andrew Erickson at the podium with Tutin before he was dropping giant forty times. Excellent stuff there from Andrew Erickson. All right, so there's winners and there's losers. Andrew Erickson, give me somebody that you thought maybe disappointed you at the running back position at the combine.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's Caleb Johnson, the running back from Iowa. And if anything, when Derek and I went to brunch the day of the testing for the running backs, we saw a group of Iowa fans, and I went up to that and be like, hey, you guys excited Caleb Johnson. They're like, we're actually here for the big ten track meet. Who's Caleb Johnson? And I was like, oh no, from this is a bad side in mouth. So Caleb Johnson ended up running one of the slowest forties four five seven. The ten yard split was particularly glaring one point six y five, which is seventh percentile. So I think that this is going to potentially negatively affect his draft stock in terms of what round he goes in, especially when you look at the guys like Henderson and Judkins and Amaron Hampton, the other running backs that were kind of viewed in that next tier alongside Ashton Genty. Those guys all had amazing workouts. It all looked really good, and that has Cale Johnson as the only two drills he did he didn't necessarily perform well. Now he is a larger running back. When he talked to NFL teams, they said you're a big, physical back, not oh we want to your speed running back. That's not his game. So I kind of like the idea of buying the discount on him and certain if he's going to fall in rookie ADP. But I want to also acknowledge that the bad performance could Nickel impact his real life draft capital, which does have a very high correlation. Because if these other guys are all going ahead in the rounds one and two and he ends up going at the end of round three, well, that does hurt his odds of hitting at the next level. So even though I still like Caleb Johnson, I'm not overly concerned about it. I am concerned that it'll hurt his draft stock move We've seen guys like Kyrien Williams, Bucky Irving didn't run the fastest forties. It ended up not making a difference with the.
Speaker 1: Oddous unibraate Man Irving. But because yeah, that's the whole problem is like Bogman and I just have this conversation on Ata Bounds go watch Out of Bounds on the YouTube channel, because we literally just talked about this. Bogmin said, I'm not gonna let the combine over influence me because last year he was the Bucky Irving guy. Although he all September, October, November at Bucky every Bucky ring. Then the combine happened and He's like, oh, he's got to a little shaky there, and then what happened Bucky Ring was really good and he was pissed for the entire NFL season. Scott Bogman was pissed about it. And I just want to remind everybody too. You know, you talked about him being a bigger running back. Caleb Johnson and Derrick Henry's forty time at the combine was four point five to four. It wasn't exactly like stunning necessarily. I think the game film speaks enough to Caleb. I love Caleb. If he falls a little bit, maybe it's better because maybe ends up in a better organization with a better offensive line and a better situation for him to actually be more impactful. So I'll try to like this little sonny here. I get it. Maybe it wasn't quite up to expectations. Maybe expectations were too high. I still believe in Caleb like Erickson does. But Deebro, give me a potential loser at the running back position that you thought might have just fallen short of expectations.
Speaker 2: Man, I wasn't high on him entering the combine, and I'm not definitely not higher on him.
Speaker 3: Exiting the combine at.
Speaker 2: Looking for a guy that there's this kind of tier in this draft class, a bigger volume running backs, and Oli Gordon didn't do himself any favors to get to the top of that tier in Indy considering he ran a four six one forty, which that's such slow enough for you to bury anybody, especially a bigger running back. But like we still got to mention it fifty second percentile. But looking at all the rest of his jumps and stuff like that, sixty first percentile, vert his his ten yard split, which gives you a little bit more hope for bigger running backs that might not have impressive forty times fifty second percentile. So Ali Gordon, especially coming off of Also if you add in he's coming off of a down year. I'm not trying to like make the lazy comparison, but very similar to Chewba Hubbard when he came out of Oklahoma State having a monster year, then goes back and then comes out after having a quite a.
Speaker 3: Much much quieter year.
Speaker 2: I think Ally Gordon is a guy that was maybe if he'd made some noise in Indy, would have been looking at a very solid Day three selection. Probably fourth round that might look like he's in the fifth round, maybe the back end of the fifth round now in the infol draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really does make a huge impact some of these things, and sometimes they are overblown a little bit, you know. Sometimes I think we look at these and we you know, sometimes put too much stock in what's going on with the combine. But certainly there were some underwhelming performances I think, but overall, still a really good running back class. So you'd be very excited, all you folks in Dynasty. And look the worm is turning in the NFL a little bit. We are seeing a lot more use of the running back last time I checked in the twenty twenty four NFL version. So stay tuned because this class, I think is going to really help pop that even further. Before we get to the wide receivers, because I know everybody wants to talk about those, I do too. I want to talk about DraftKings Sportsbook. Why because they've got some really fun stuff going on right now for NBA season and you're not going to want to miss out on this because there's plenty of new ways to get in on the action. Draftking Sportsbook and Official Sports betting partner of the NBA, from Monster Slams to dish in the Rock to clearing the glass. To get behind your favorite NBA players, the best way to do it is with prop bets that you can make those over on DraftKings right now, the home of NBA player props. Take it to the rock with DraftKings Sportsbook and every point counts this season. DraftKings sports Book download the app right now and use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's code Fantasy Pros and new customers get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only at DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue wins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the wide receivers, Andrew Erickson. I want to start with you on this one because there's a guy that I've been annoying Derek Brown with for months, months now, and his name is Matthew Golden. And this was a player that I loved going into the season transfer from Houston, right, a player that uh when I was sitting home alone the only day that I was alone by myself during the holiday season, it was a glorious time watching the Arizona game against the uh Texas Longhorns. What an incredible game, skataboo being amazing, Matthew Golden catching touchdowns. I had Texan Dee bro like, I know you're not into this stuff yet, but I'm telling you, Matthew Golden is my guy. This kid is going to be a star in the NFL. Andrew Erickson, why did he stand out to you at the combine?
Speaker 4: Well, he ran a four two nine forty yard dash, which was that'll do so that broke a type So this is from a next gen stat so that broke a tie for the second fastest forty yard dash time by receiver wearing it weighing at least one hundred and ninety pounds since two thousand and three. So when you sort by his four yard dash time with all the other guys that have run it, they're all, this guy has nothing else to his game except speed. The Taekwon Thorntons, the Brashad Perryman's guys that you can say, oh, this guy's gonna be a future New England Patriot bust basically like that, those are the players that that's just the speed. Because even before he ran this, like he could have ran a four four four, And I don't think I would have changed my perspective on Matthew Golden because he already had already good tape, He has good numbers. And the thing that Texas that impressed me the most is kind of, like you said, show up in the biggest moments, right when quin Ewers needed a guy to step up and be his reliable target, it was not Isaiah Bond, No, no, no, it was Matthew Golden that stepped up. And that was something that Golden mentioned in his podium interview. First thing he did the first guy he went out to eat with once he got to Texas was ken Yours. He's like, I'm going to be your guy. So I don't know what Isaiah Bond was doing at that time, probably talking about how he's going to lead Texas and receiving yards and receiving touchdowns, which he did neither of because it was Matthew Golden. That was the Golden child that was promised. So well, let's.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some tape from the Golden childhood the combine right here Andrew Erickson, uh talking to Matthew Golden right here on Fantasy Pros. Very cool. They got talked to my guy. I gotta say, I'm a little jealous there, uh Debro, I know he took Golden. I don't know if that was your winner and you had to go there, but you gotta admit, Joey p pretty decent scout going all year for it. I give you to go.
Speaker 3: I'll I got I got text messages from the way back.
Speaker 1: Please tell me both of you. I know college football. You guys are so overwhelmed during the NFL season, but please promise you're going to go back and watch at least the second half of the overtime of that game. Best football game. But there period end of the story. It's so good, Uh, Debro Who is your big winner of the wide receiver position?
Speaker 2: The guy that I have not shut up about since before the Senior Bowl. I have been out here talking about him. I talked about him on the Comps Show, and it's Jalen Ole, baby, and he absolutely eviscerated the combine. He crushed it in Indianapolis, did everything and more. I mean, we're looking at a player that finished with a nine point five raz He had a ninety ninth percentile vertical jump, ninety ninth percentile broad jump, ran a four three nine people eighty eightieth percent out or higher even in the short area agility. I freaking love Jalenole and Jalenol. Welcome to the second round of the NFL Draft. These Iowa State boys. We're gonna get to another one here in a second. But dude, the people need to put respect on their names. And I've been saying it, I will continue to say it. This wide receiver class is better than people are giving it credit. All you hear about in the echo chamber, in the narrative streets is that's dan.
Speaker 6: Wide receiver year. We don't want to sit here in draft wide receivers. I'm so worried about the wide receivers. And then these guys are crushing the combine and Jalenole capan up baby saving the wide receiver class.
Speaker 1: Here's Derek Brown asking Noel about his favorite routes to run in the tree. Great stuff, de Bro. All right, let's get to another winner here, Andrew Erickson, who was on your list at wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Elick, I am an or trying to make sure I pronounce his name right. So this is the wide receiver from Stanford six foot two, two hundred and six pounds, ran really well for a bigger wide receiver, seventh of the percent of forty yard dash four point four four eighty second percent or better in both jumps, and that's kind of what stood out to me was he's a bigger wide receiver with a extremely dominant production profile. So I know that he missed his first year at STAB because of an injury, but these last two seasons all he's done is put up numbers. So a couple of years ago, we saw a receiver from Stanford, Michael Wilson get drafted pretty highly in the NFL draft. I think this guy could go even higher than Michael Wilson and he was a second round pick. The thing that stood out to me as well with him massive hands, ten inch hands, eighty seven percentile. I think that you're going to see this guy vacuum up targets at the NFL level, and you're already seeing some mock drafts with him as a potential end of the first round type of pick. So this is a guy that you need to keep monitoring because his style, his stock is moving up high.
Speaker 1: The guy that really stood out to me who I wasn't necessarily you know, having all my radar was Jayden Higgins and Debro I know that's the guy that you're teasing about Iowa State. So we know the teases. Okay, we're can put him away. Now we know the answer, and he did. He had a really nice combine, ran well executed drill as well, looked really just smooth. Looked like a guy who should be playing in the NFL. So let's talk about Higgins here and what you know popped off to you as you were watching him and interacting with him as well.
Speaker 2: Super nice, Kay, got a chance to talk to him, not only at the Combine but Senior Bowl, and he's he's incredibly impressive.
Speaker 3: And he was my wide receiver seven or eight going into the.
Speaker 2: Combine walks out of the combine. Is my wide receiver six in this class, ahead of Luther Burden. I don't care. I people can get mad about that.
Speaker 3: He's better than losing.
Speaker 1: I think that's a hot tank. I don't think it shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: It really shouldn't be, dude, because I mean, look at what Jaden Higgins did. Not only if we turn on the film, we look at the analytics. Nine point eight raz he had a four point four to seven ninety second percentile forty yard dash, jumped out the freaking gym with the vert in the broad and if you even turn to the analytics, he led all FBS wide receivers with the fifty targets or more last year in receiving grade in the last two years, top twenty seven yards per route run. Jane Higgins again talking about Nolan where he goes.
Speaker 3: In the NFL draft.
Speaker 2: I will not be shocked at all if Jane Higgins is a second round pick in the NFL draft, because he deserves to be.
Speaker 1: I like it, and he's a versatile wide receiver too. Deebro got to talk to him about his versatility and also how some of those visits with the teams went as well. All right, So there's winners and then there's losers, and sometimes people get caught on the wrong side. So let's talk about somebody who might be a loser for you, guys, Debro, Let's start with you. It's funny because again just did out of bounds, and the guys on your list are the same guys that are on Bogman's list. I gave he said, give me three losers, and two of the guys that we're gonna talk about now were on his list, two of the three. So dee Bro, let's start with you here. Who really just kind of disappointed you that maybe you had higher expectations for and didn't live up to the hype.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't have high expectations for him inner in the combine, but he really needed a great combine to debunk a lot of facts about him. This isn't even rumors, this is facts. Because Tedes Johnson measuring in at five nine one fifty four. You need to fly, sir, you need to be too too out well, you need to just absolutely blaze. And while he tested good in the vert in the short area stuff, his forty yard dash was four point five to one. I'm sorry, at that size, that speed, if you were out there comping him, anybody's out there comping him to Tank.
Speaker 3: Dell, you are wrong.
Speaker 2: You are incredibly wrong. I'm sorry, but it is not right at all. He's not Tank Dell. He's not going to be Tank Dell. He's a slot player. And looking at this size and lack of speed, combo, you're seeing his draftock. His draft stock is probably going into tumble man. He probably still goes somewhere on Day three, but maybe he was a fourth round pick. I won't be shocked if he tumbles into the fifth or sixth round in the NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Now ericson the guy on your list is Isaiah Bond. I feel like Isaiah Bond set himself up for failure. Though. When you're talking trash that you're gonna break every record, all this stuff, and then you run an amazing four four forty, it seems underwhelming and it shouldn't be. I mean, I mean, is he a victim of being Isaiah Bond at this point and just is that a problem.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that this is just the Isaiah Bond experience where he's teed up for every opportunity to smash, and what does he do. He just continues to underwhelm. So you're right, running a fourth three nine forty yard dash is really good, but it doesn't look as good when you talk about, well, I'm gonna run four two, So that's why it seems slow. So for me, this stems from the player Isaiah Bond and what type of rookie receiver you could potentially be drafting on your fantasy team as someone that's super frustrating and Oh, he's got the opportunity, he's gonna see targets, because that was either there thing at Texas he didn't see enough targets. Wonder why why wasn't Ken you Weers gettinghim targets? Oh, because maybe he wanted to throw a Mathew Golden instead. So that's my issue with Isaiah Bond. And for me, I don't really care where he goes. I think that some teams might not really see this has affect him because it was still a guy with four four speed. He played big programs. He was an Alabama guy, but he transferred Alabama, was underwhelming there, went to Texas, underwhelmed again, and he did the exact same thing in the scouting combine. So I'm not going to be fooled by the big plays and potential that he has because he's had this potentially the entire time, and sometimes that's not enough. So for me, Isaiah Bond is a big loser.
Speaker 1: I don't want to make too many excuses for Isaiah Bond, but quin Yours is a guy that when you watch to play quarterback in games, there's moments where you go, you know, maybe he's better than I think he is, and then he immediately reminds you he's not. It's true, and I think that is the Quinn Yours experience, at least that I had whenever I watched any Texas games this past year. And when you do bounce around like Bond too, you know, sometimes you think you're getting a better situation at quarterback and you're not always getting a better situation at quarterback. I feel like if Bond he's got good hands, he's got all the partotypical things you're looking at. You said four to three nine speed it's pretty good last time I check. If he gets in the right environment, you can take a quarterback, you can. I mean, I'm just saying like I'm not ready to write him off yet, but I get it and I understand. You know, maybe Isaiah Bond is a little bit too much Isaiah Bond. Sometimes we'll see, we'll see what I mean, a wide receiver or the huge ego. God, I don't know how the NFL will ever handle.
Speaker 4: When needs drafted.
Speaker 2: The Patriots don't and then he doesn't play at all in his rookie season.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I mean. My dream is that Matthew Golden goes in the beginning of Round two to the New Engle Patriots to last that long. And that is that was my dream in January.
Speaker 4: Jane Higgins, that'd still be good, baby, that's the play.
Speaker 1: It's a consolation prize. But Golden's the guy that I want. I know we're gonna talk about the quarterbacks, and I want to talk about the quarterbacks, but real quick, let's just touch on tight ends for a moment if we can, which is again phrasing, I should reconsider some of the things that come out of my mouth sometimes let's talk about the tight end position. What you saw at the combined debro for better or worse. Here, I know we've got a star at the top of this class. What's the rest of it looked like?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, Ericson and I talked about this on the micro cast like it's it's you saw a widening of the top three tight ends versus everybody else, considering most of these guys didn't test well. Terrence Ferguson, Uh, definitely jumped out because he he tested extremely well. Guy at Oregon, So what you know, can he make some noise and be in that tier two compared to you know, Harold Fannin and some of these other guys, Aronda gadst and and I just think that this is what my big takeaway for the tight ends, not so much like winners and losers, because I honestly think there weren't any winners from the tight end position at the combine.
Speaker 3: None of these guys like really helped them.
Speaker 2: So where they're gonna jump up multiple rounds in the NFL draft, if anything you can talk about there was some losers, but we even got the news after a fact, and they didn't help you know, Ericson and I is prop betting at all, But gunner Helm twisting his ankle and that explaining his four eight forty and his lackluster combine experience, Like I mean really wanted.
Speaker 1: To prove that he's a tough guy. I mean that's what football scouts care about too, right that you're like, hey, you're gonna play.
Speaker 3: Somewhere else, not with your bad times. I get it, but still, but you can't win.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't win, Like if you're these kids, you're like you're you're a prima donna. If you have pro days and you don't do anything of the combine, and if you if something that's so well at the combine, then you're an utter failure as a prospect. I mean it's Ericson. I know, there's Tyler Warren and everybody else. Is there anybody else?
Speaker 4: See I don't think it's I think it's Tyler Warren and Colson Loveland. I think he's right up there with Tyler Warren. He's also significantly younger than Tyler Warren is. Yeah, that's not there for multiple seasons than Tyler Warren has been. So that's all I'm saying. I mean, if Colson Lovelin gets drafted by his old head coach in Michigan goes to the Chargers, well we're gonna be really excited about playing him in fantasy football. So that's really my only take on times. I just think that there's a clear top tier, which I think that Loveland deserves to be right there with Tyler Warren. I can expect some people to disagree, but that's my take. But yeah, I think Terrence Ferguson was the other guy that really stood out among the drills and really put his draft stock in Gunner Holm. I just hope that healed out, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. We're gonna talk about the QBS in just a moment, and welcome to this week's Chasing Challenges, brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where they are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe secure AI solutions. Players and teams are facing their own challenges, and in this segment, we're going to spot like athletes and teams that are currently undergoing a challenge and what this might mean for a fancy we're betting standpoint and examine how what we think they might be able to overcome them. And whatever challenge you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. Now. This week, we're going to discuss the challenge faced by teams evaluating Shador Sanders because he was not at the combine. He's going to be at the pro Day and not throwing at the combine is a decision that a lot of big time prospects make. But sometimes, you know, prospects find themselves in interesting situations where they are the default top prospects. And that seems to be what a lot of people think about this quarterback class in twenty twenty five. Looks like it took a lot of sacks in college. He's never had a big run game to really support him either, so that's something to keep in mind and evaluating his performance. And now he finds himself near the top of this quarterback class. And a lot of people will tell you that this class does not stuck up to the previous ones. And if these guys were in last year's class, well maybe they would be second day picks at the very best. Now, should he sit for a year and get drafted by team, maybe is he going to have that luxury if he goes in the top five picks. Probably not. It might be good for Shad Door Sanders to sit under a veteran, but we all know Shador Sanders is as a prime time kind of prospect and that might not sit well with Shador. So as teams continue to find the challenge of evaluating shad Or Sanders, it's something we're all going to have to pay attention to. And we'll see how he looks at his pro day as that is looming in the weeks ahead, and QB needy teams are certainly going to be swooning at pro day. What it means the challenge of evaluating him, is he ready to play Week one in the NFL. That is a different story than something we're going to have to figure out. But that's this week's chasing Challengers. Remember Microsoft's AI solutions and power you to take bold steps and make informed decisions, sparking new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more. Let's talk about quarterbacks that we feel really excited about here for second. And I know there's one that we're all pretty excited about. I think it's Jackson Dart, guy that we've been talking about on the show. Oh miss getting excited here. Love the Jackson Dart. He had a good combine what stood up to me. And I don't think you guys could see this unless you were watching it back, but when Jackson Dart would line up there with his wide receivers in the drills, he would look over and smile at the guy before he ran the route. Just swagger, man. I want that in my quarterback. He puts everything he's got, I feel like into every throw, every bit of his body, every bit of his heart, is mind, his soul. I like that. I like the way Jackson Dart plays football and debro it seems like you like him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, I love Jackson Dart and doing his podium session. I know we're gonna show a few clips here in a second, but doing his podium session with a backwards hat on just said, like man, you're my guy. And that was the case before we got to the combine. Though he's my QB two in this class. And I said this while we were at the Combine, and You're gonna see it happen. I'm telling you, you're gonna see it happen. All the big talking heads in the NFL draft media circle have not had Jackson Dart in the first round of their mock drafts. That is changing after the NFL Combine. It's gonna happen. He's going top fifteen in the NFL Draft. I'm saying it right now. I'm saying it with my chest. It's not the fact of oh he's rising. He's always been there, because what did he do last year in college after even throwing good at the Combine. It should have been he should have been ranked before there, before even the Combine. So I'm saying he's a winner because people are gonna now start putting respect on his name. But come on, guys, like top twelve last year in passing grade, adjust a completion rate yards per attempt. I could go on and on with about four or five other categories with this man finished top twelve, But I don't need to all you need to take away from this is Jackson Dart is really stinking good at football, and he's gonna be locked in top fifteen.
Speaker 1: Pick the people will say, well, are we doing the same thing that we did with say Kenny Pickett, right a couple of years ago, where default can he Pickett rose up the charts? Right, Malik Willis rose up the charts because everybody was bored and you know, well, he throws a good deep ball and it's very exciting and all that stuff. Right. Do you think that's what people are fighting against right now? I think people all the way Jackson Dart.
Speaker 2: I think people get stuck in their narratives. I think they talk about Jackson Dart and they're like, oh, in big games, he didn't do this and blah blah blah, and it's the Lane Kiffin offense. I heard all of this same garbage last year when people trying to shade jayde and Daniels and saying he's two, can't fly, he can't throw deep, he's a one year wonder. I mean, pick your crappy narrative, and Jane Daniels put all of them in a freaking coffin.
Speaker 3: Dart's gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean usc Ole, miss you know, I mean every kid plays the two schools now at least nowadays. And Jackson Dart, we did the comp show. If you missed that, go back and watch the comp show was really fun. I called him Jeff Garcia and you know what, I watched more Jeff Garcia and I watched more Jackson Dart after that show, and I am completely convinced now that he is that reincarnation and that's not a bad thing. Of course, it was a pretty good quarterback in the NFL. Speaking about transitions of the NFL, Derek was asking him about that and the prospect of possibly playing for a team like the Raiders should the draft stock continue to rise. So here's some clips from the combine with Jackson Dart. All Right, Andrew Erickson, give me a QB that stood out to you. I know, it's not the greatest QB class. And cam Ward wasn't there, shan Or Sanders wasn't there. Heck, a lot of guys not there. So who was there that you maybe have a better opinion of after the combine?
Speaker 4: Well, it's another guy that Deebro really likes, not as high as Jackson Dart, but someone that he's like ericson, you gotta like check out this guy, Tyler Shuck, And I'm like, Tyler Shell, you mean shows out? No, No, Tyler Shuck. That's how you pronounce his name. And you were talking him about how many you know kids are playing at two schools. Now, well, he played at three different schools, so he has a lot of experience. He's actually going to be twenty six years old later this year, so that could be looked at as a negative, especially in the long term. But what we've seen with some of these other quarterbacks that have come out that have been very productive, Bonecks, Jade Daniels, these guys have experience, like they have played in so many different programs and so many different offenses. So I think that helps Tyler Shuck. Hey, if this kid needs to start a couple of games, I think that he has the arm talent to get it done. He tested really well for six three to forty yard dash was eighty fifth percentile, so he's someone that can add a little bit of value with his legs. He threw well in the passing drills, so again, not a lot of huge winners getting with the top guys not really not really participating. Tyler Shuck again, if someone else, someone else has to be the QB four in this class, like someone's got to step up. And Jayalen Milrom, I don't know if it's him, just based on how shaky he is a passer, even though his hands have magically grown since the Senior Bowl. I'm not really sure how that happened. But Tyler Schuck for me, is someone that you know, maybe we hear his name called and maybe he gets called into duty at some point during the season, gets drafted as a backup.
Speaker 1: All right, I will say quarterbacks were a little underwhelming. Gabriel was underwhelming, how Staate QB was underwhelming everybody. It's just it's it's not a great quarterback class. And again, I think what you're looking for some of this intangibles. So I'm gonna ask you, if you look back and you watch it, did you see the Jackson's dart stuff I was talking about when he was like winking at the wide receivers and like joking around with them and smiling at them before they run around. That to me is just a cute, confident and you need that going to the NFL those intangibles really do make a huge difference. So we're gonna have a ton of mock draft shows here on the channel. Make sure you subscribe. Make sure you drop your comments below too, because I love to hear from the people. So tell me who is your favorite guy at the combine and maybe your least favorite. I know people, people don't love to be negative on the internet. I know it's hard. But if you have a loser or something you didn't like, you could share that with us too. In the comments section below, drop the comments. We love to hear from you, your winners and losers from the NFL combat because I know you are watching. We all watch it for hours and hours and hours until eventually you have to go outside and see sunlight again. But gentlemen, I'm so happy for you. The only other thing I can ask you is what was the biggest winning experience of the comment mine? For you? Andrew Erickson? Was there a moment? Was it Andrew?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 1: Was it Debro getting recognized in public as Derek Brown from Fantasy Pros? Is that the highlight for you?
Speaker 4: That? I mean, that should be Deebros. I mean that should be his moment. But basically anytime Jalen Nole was brought up was basically Deebro's. I mean everything that was beshal tune. You know, it's it's it's I think it's a it's a special feeling. And I think Deebro had the same experience with Noel where you just go in, you're you're high on this sleeper prospect, and then he goes out and just now everybody knows his name, right, Oh sheell tune right, Oh, I remember him. And this is something I'm always going to remember going back to my first combine and I really hope that Beal Tutone has a great NFL career, but we'll always have twenty five twenty twenty five scouting combine where he blew it up. And if this is the highlight, so be it. We'll roll with it. But we were here before the party started, so that's my highlight.
Speaker 1: Debro. I heard the person recognize you was also wearing a pookin the coupa jersey. That you can't possibly be coincidence, right, Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 2: We were going to breakfast and we got stopped by this lovely couple and they were like, hey, we were both waiting for tables and just kind of standing out there trying not to freeze, and they were like, Hey, who.
Speaker 1: Are y'all with?
Speaker 2: And we're like, oh, where you're with the sports media company. We're here with Fantasy Pros. They're like and they were like, we just listened to the shows driving in today and we're like, oh, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: And chatted with them.
Speaker 2: Amazing people getting a chance to talk to people, you know, listeners of the show.
Speaker 1: I would say my.
Speaker 2: The highlight for me was probably the shrimp cocktail at Saint Emo's. I'm still trying to recover from that. It burned the inside of my soul and my mouth.
Speaker 1: I heard, that's the thing you gotta do when you go there, you gotta do this same.
Speaker 4: Are we not going to share our murderous row of people that we saw.
Speaker 3: At Oh go ahead, go ahead, Dame drop Ericson. It was a lot, dude.
Speaker 4: So we saw Wink Martindale, we saw Matt n Aggie, we saw Jonathan Ganna, we saw Arthur Smith. These other people are like all like group together and we're like trying to like, wait, how do they note? Like why Kelly was so.
Speaker 1: Hard to see? Arthur Smith and not one to yell at him.
Speaker 2: Well, we did want to yell in the direction of Jonathan Gannon, who he was having dinner with, because you know, Gannon's.
Speaker 3: On the good list.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the list. And then what was that another place we went to where we saw any.
Speaker 2: Eddie George walking out of the bar and he looked like, dude, he looked like the Red hule like. He looked like he could still saddle up on path late today is a great insane I didn't remember.
Speaker 1: That he's been doing over the last couple of years too. I don't know if you know that Eddie George took on a secondary career. He started acting, He did a fellow, He's done a lot of things. I mean, God blessed life.
Speaker 4: If you put him in the Rock in the same room, I might not be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The Rock was busy in Toronto this weekend, and uh yeah, a lot of stuff went down. It was a busy weekend for wrestling, for NFL, for sports and entertainment, and sports entertainment, the Oscars, the whole thing. It was a busy weekend. But again, I'm very happy, excited. You guys got to have that experience. I hope. I'm gonna ask Santa Claus if I could go next year. We'll see if it works out. Fingers crossed, but I am so thrilled you guys got that experience and obviously incredible footage you brought back here for the shows, and hopefully we'll all be there next year together. And I'm gonna pass on the shrimp cocktail. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Debro and Ericson. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: That horse radish is life changing.
Speaker 3: It is cleanse your soul.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best free way to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify. Follow us on x Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros