Speaker 1: Welcome to the Best of the Week for What's Right with Nick Wright, the best takes and moments from this week on the show. Enjoy Chador.
Speaker 2: He looked pretty good. I mean, he looked fantastic, but he looked pretty good for a quarterback who went there and did his thing. Head coach Steven Kevin Stefanski still hasn't committed to Shador. So do you think that he showed everything he needed to do to get the starting job?
Speaker 1: What do you well? He's definitely not going to be their Week one starter. That is gonna be Joe Flacco. I don't even think. By the way, if I were Shadoor, I know he can't say this. I wouldn't even want to be the Week one starter. Like I would rather the Browns open with the Ravens and then they play I'm sorry, the Brown's open with the Bengals, so I wouldn't actually hate that because of the Bengals defense, but then they go Ravens, Packers, Lions, Vikings, Steelers, like those are not defenses. I'm interested in playing it right, all exactly right. And I understand that the Browns just released their latest depth chart and Shador is still number four. They did not move him up at all, I don't believe it. I think that Shadoor has now if we are being fair, he has taken it is now Dylan Gabriel who is chasing Shador in the quarterback competition instead of vice versa. Like the you know, the old adage you don't lose your job due to injury is total bs. Happens in sports all the time. People lose their job because of injury and because the guy who fills in for you shows something he didn't have the opportunity to show before. And so if Flacco is just entrenched at one, which I think he is, Kenny Pickett was two and is two on the late step chart. He's been hurt the last couple weeks of camp. Doesn't look like he's gonna play at all, and he didn't play in their first preseason game. Doesn't look like he's been playing their second. Dylan Gabriel is three. Gabriel, according to all reports on the ground, has been bad in practice and was injured for the first preseason game. Shadores four. He's practiced well and I thought made four very high level throws in that game and really only made a couple bad mistakes. Yeah, and so I think that is enough to where he should have taken the lead on Gabriel, and the goal for either of these rookies flatly needed to be beat out the other rookie. So when at when Flacco inevitably gets benched, I'm the guy they go to. Now, maybe they'll go to pick it, but I think that would be asinine. And so now I also think this Demanse. I think Gabriel will and should start preseason game number two, and then you know he can if he plays well in the store.
Speaker 2: Both of them have. I think that's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: I could even see him go, Demanse, quarter quarter quarter, you know what they're thereabouts, Like, I could see Gabriel playing then shoudor then Gabriel back in then should or that way, you know what I mean. You get more time with starting caliber players or you know, guys that are actually going to make the team, or they each get it. But I now think Gabriel, I think Shador is now amongst the rookies in pole position. And I also think that, and this is why so I thought after the game him saying something to Tony Grosy was totally fine and I think people don't recognize how common that is that guys sang after games in locker rooms are in the tunnel to reporters like, hey, what was up with that? That has happened forever? That used to happen to me. I remember Matt Cassel saying to a different media member, we're both standing there. When he realized that media member, you know what. I think it was to Mark Carmon, our friend whose birthday was actually yesterday. I think it was to karm that he said to him, this is your buddy about me? He's like, yeah, He's like, he sure talks a lot of shit, doesn't He like, did not like some of the things I had said about him. That's super common. So I have no problem at all with Shador having that moment with Tony.
Speaker 2: Grosy time, though, what you need to be worried about?
Speaker 1: So here is the thing on that. I think the smile and the laugh at the end made it okay. And I think that like charisma and charm and a great smile can really carry Yeah, and so like that to me was fine. I thought the walk in was a misstep. I didn't think it was a grievous error, but I thought, I'm not asking you to be someone you're not, but turned down the volume on literally on the boombox, I guess, and also figuratively. Now I understand those were his teammates, not his entourage, but still you're the quarterback, the guy carrying the giant walking stick staff in the boombox. I might have been like, can we not do that? And if you really want to walk in like that, maybe I'll go in, you know, a little bit after you. Because it's.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: If the Browns won't elevate him on their real depth chart, then he also wants another team to trade for him, you know, And so I just don't think that helps. But I don't think it's a huge deal. You'd certainly rather him play well and have an awkward pre and postgame then be perfect pre and post game and playport.
Speaker 2: Right, go ahead, No, I mean with that take, you were saying that maybe he should show out for the Rams, or maybe the Rams look at him, because words like a mortal chamber are being thrown around very serious. I don't know, do you think that's more of a possibility now, like it's more serious.
Speaker 1: I think that right now he's probably worth he was drafted with a fifth. I think he's worth at least a fourth, you know what I mean? And so, but I don't I think the Browns want to keep him. I think Stefanski might be coming around if he wasn't already there. And I think you had to be impressed by how he handled himself and how he played this Sunday. Was it Sunday? Saturday? Friday?
Speaker 2: It was Friday, it was Thursday, Friday?
Speaker 1: All right, Demanda, let's go to the listener questions.
Speaker 2: T asked, where do you think Alan Lamar rank all time right this moment just his quarterback talents? I'd say both Top fifteen side question, are the smelling salts going to ruin your life?
Speaker 1: Smelling salts are not going to ruin my life? But you know, strong recommend if people haven't tried him yet, especially if you're like maybe trying to kick caffeine or something like. I haven't right into the put in downsides of houff pneumonia occasionally, but it sure woke me up. Where do Lamar and Allen rank just as quarterback talents? What an interesting question? Top fifteen sounds right like if I were ranking just quarter just raw talent, quarterbacks. Ever, that's what Yeah, that's what they're saying, saying all time. Mahomes Rogers are to me the top two.
Speaker 2: Lamar's got to be like top ten at least any same thing. But I feel like both those guys, those are electric dudes as far as this talent, like no, maybe not one, Yeah, those are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think safely so raw talent, Mahomes raw Farv has to be up there. Manning has to be up there. It's a compliment to Brady that we're not even like saying him with all of his success, because you know, he maximized everything about his physical ability. Marino's got to be up there. I always have had a soft spot for Steve Young. John Elway's up there. And now we can start talking Lamar and Josh you know what I mean. Like, so, yeah, the in that bottom part of the top tens firmly in the top fifteen. I think that's right. All right, let's go to Ethan.
Speaker 2: Ethan asked, as a poker expert who understands the principle of the plus ev. I'm curious if you take the same approach into sports gambling, or if you trust your own personal bias over sharp books.
Speaker 1: I don't look at I don't look at sports spending the way I look at poker. Just for the record, like I don't, I don't, while I do try every year to give out winners and to you know, make you guys money. I I am.
Speaker 2: A little bit more conservative with poker.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know a bit. No, I just look at it like poker, I am trying to make the best decision at every point. Sports I have a very hard time betting against my takes, you know what I mean. I won't always bet on my takes, but like I it's why I'll I'll never, even if I'm getting points, bet against the chiefs, you know what I mean. So like, there are just certain things that so that's but I also I and this is how I would recommend it for other people look at sports betting as a recreational endeavor, not like, hey, this is how I'm gonna make extra money. Poker's different in that regard for me. All right, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Michael ass is Jackson better than Prime Vig?
Speaker 1: Yes, love Mike, but yes, Lamar is a far already a far better passer than Mike ever was just you know what, I mean, he just is and I love Mike, but that's I think Mike would tell you that next.
Speaker 2: Indy, Nick, do you think that everyone is just so skewed by fantasy football? Josh Lamar have been excellent fantasy quarterbacks, so people assume that they are the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that absolutely is something to do with it. I absolutely think that the crazy fantasy numbers impact this one. Hum noah, yeah, no, no, ass When is the Future show going to happen?
Speaker 2: It's like soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we have a show Thursday, then we're off for a week, and then the Our Futures in our Gambling show will probably be a two part thing Tuesday and Thursday next week to get us ready for football season, right in line with predictions week on First Things First, and Diego says has snakes enthusiast Kevin Wild's weight in on Demonse's reptiles. That's good. That's a good First Things First joke, and I appreciate it. UFC three to nineteen is blowing back to the Windy City. I bet Colin's going to be there. Check out the Fight Guard and get in on all the action at DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of UFC, Dracus du Plessi puts his middleweight title up against kam Zat Chamaiev who's a perfect fourteen. And oh, who are you taking? First time betting on UFC at DraftKings. Pick something simple like a fighter to win and make your pick. It's that easy. And if you're new to DraftKings, check this out. New customers who bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Don't mess out on all the UFC three to nineteen action. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app now and use code right. That's code right for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight open wire text ope and wy at four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothillki Cinamin Resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent Eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward minimum minus five hundred odds required. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid down played all the naysayers, saying that the Kansas City's window is closing for the dynasty. Colin was also one of those naysayers, saying that the winning is over. Do you think that the win Do you think that the dynasty is continuable if they win the Super Bowl this year?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, I don't even think that's obviously. If they win the super Bowl this year, the dynasty is in progress. I want to focus more on Listen. I think it's well established how much I adore and love Colin Cowherd. His Chiefs takes Now, I mostly blame Jmack. I think that, like the proximity to Jmax's historically bad Chiefs takes have somehow there's been an osmosis of take that has impacted Colin. But they've been to three straight Super Bowls. They they had the best record in the NFL last year. They got it to.
Speaker 2: The last one, right, they got it. They made it to the last super Bowl. Like I think they have to at least not make a super Bowl for the dynasty to be over.
Speaker 1: Well I would think so, right yeah. And by the way, like when we talk about dynasties in the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers is probably the most famous one. They won two super Bowls. They then went two years without making the Super forget without winning it, without making the super Bowl, and then they won two more. We look at that as one dynasty. The Patriots is an interesting one. I don't consider the Pants one continuous dynasty, but if you do, it went like this, won a super Bowl, missed the playoffs, then won two super Bowls, then gosh, I'm gonna have to do this off the top of my head. Six going for the three pat lost their first playoff game. I'm sorry, wait, five going for the three pat It's gonna be hard to off top my head, but I'm gonna try. Lost their first playoff game. Six lost in Round two. Oh seven lost the Super Bowl. OH eight missed the playoffs. Nine and twenty ten lost before the Super Bowl. Twenty eleven lost in the super Bowl twenty twelve, twenty thirteen lost before the Super Bowl, fourteen won the Super Bowl, fifteen lost in Conference title game, sixteen won the Super Bowl, seventeen lost the Super Bowl, eighteen won the Super Bowl, nineteen lost in Round one. So if we want to do that as one long dynasty, then it's going to be impossible to say the Chiefs dynasty is over. If you consider the Patriots one long dynasty. The Patri's went a decade without winning a Super Bowl. The Chiefs have gone sixteen months, and so that part's just ridiculous. It's just fundamentally ridiculous to say I'm declaring it dead when the Chiefs are in the midst of or just completed I guess you would say the greatest three year stretch in the history of the league. And they have been to three consecutive Super Bowls and seven straight AFC Championship Games. It's now if your take is they're just not good enough anymore, it's a bold take, maybe like there's no evidence for it, But if it's just your gut feeling, then so be it. Here is here is what I find the most demands a ridiculous about this Chief's fatalism stuff, and then we can move on every team in the AFC that is chasing them. If this year they have the exact season Kansas City had last year, best last undefeated team, best record in the NFL, beat the Chiefs in the AFC playoffs, make the Super Bowl, lose the super Bowl, it will be considered evidence that that team is getting closer, and the best season any of those teams have had in this era, the Chiefs having that year is considered evidence of implosion. But I am here to tell you if the Baltimore Ravens are the final one, or the Buffalo Bills, or the Cincinnati Bengals, or the Los Angeles Chargers or god forbid, the Denver Broncos or any of those teams, if they are the last undefeated team, if they are fifteen to one with the one seed locked up, they then beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and then run into I don't care who call it Philly or no, because Philly then would go back to back that complicates things, call it the Lions and get blown out in the Super Bowl. If that were to happen, and then I were to go on TV and be like, that's this year was the end of that team. They're done. Now there is a time for a new chapter. People would say that, dude, you're just a hater. And this is also an element of a lot of my Mahomes frustration in and I'm going to talk about this on the TV show today in how he's discussed. Do you agree to Monsday that all Lamar, josh Ann Burrow the year they had last year elevated them, even if not in their actual ranking, but people elevated them their standing, and that people felt their seasons combined with the year Mahomes had narrowed the gap for best quarterback, and some people flipped it. You agree with that, right, That's like conventional wisdom, Okay. And this is where the point that I make that Mahomes is not judged against his peers, I think is crystallized. Let's pretend Patrick this year had any of their seasons last year. Okay, Let's start with Joe. Patrick puts up insane numbers and the Chiefs miss the playoffs. Does that help or does anyone be like, Okay, that helped Patrick's.
Speaker 2: Back dynasty is definitely over.
Speaker 1: Okay, So all right, let's do Lamar's year. Patrick puts up insane numbers. The Chiefs are the you know, a good but not great seed. They're the three, and for the first time in his career, he does not make a conference championship game because he loses in round two to one of the other rival quarterbacks. Does that help or hurt Patrick's standing?
Speaker 2: Who had hurt him?
Speaker 1: It would hurt him all right, STU. Josh Patrick wins league, MVP team has a really good record, they get the two seed, and then to go back to the super Bowl, doesn't come through at the end and Josh beats him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is anybody then being like, Okay, Patrick has reclaimed or they're like, oh mvpb damn Josh beat him? Now do the flip side for any of those guys, all three of them demons? Give them Patrick's year last year. They have mediocre stats but lead the league in game winning drives and comebacks, and he beats two of those guys en route. I'm sorry, any of the those guys are the one seed and beat Patrick to get to the super Bowl. Imagine if I then went on TV and was like, yeah, but his touch there, you know, Lamar's touchdown interception ratio wasn't that impressive. I'm actually dinging him. It's just insane. And so I know I'm the Kansas City guy. I know I have the tattoo that I still don't know how to show on camera. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do here. It's just a disaster. There we go, I see, I don't even know what I'm there we go. Well, it's just here's the thing. It's just boring. It's just boring. And I I also like just one other thing, because what has become very in vogue and Bruce says it a lot, and he and I talked about this, not like d I'd like to talk about it, but discussed it on the air the other the other day, which is because it's become very in vogue to say something along the lines of like, oh, Mahomes is doing Brady's career in reverse, where Brady in the beginning won but didn't have the stats, and Mahomes and then later in his career had the crazy numbers. Mahomes are but it's just inaccurate. And here's what I mean. Mahomes early and every year of his career except the last two first five years one and had MVP caliber stats and the last two years he's won, but he hasn't had the crazy numbers until the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But this idea that Tom Brady post two thousand and seven was just year in, year out, this statistical monster, it's just not true. So Tom Brady two thousand and seven had what at that point the greatest quarterback season ever. He then misses two thousand and eight due to injury. Two thousand and nine, tom Brady's team was ten and six and he had twenty eight touchdowns thirteen interceptions, and they lost their first playoff game. Then twenty ten, he had one of the greatest statistical seasons ever thirty six touchdowns, four picks, and twenty eleven he was in line with it thirty nine touchdowns, twelve picks, and then twenty twelve it's down to a ninety eight passer rating and twenty thirteen twenty five touchdowns, eleven picks and in eighty seven rating. That's in twenty thirteen, and then obviously twenty fourteen, they win the Super Bowl. Twenty fifteen, he has an all time twenty fifteen sixteen to seventeen all time stats years where he has a combined doing the math on the fly, ninety six touchdowns, fifteen picks, a one toh eight rating over the course of three years. But then the very next year twenty eighteen, they go eleven to five. He is twenty nine touchdowns eleven picks, but they win the Super Bowl twenty nineteen twenty four touchdowns, eight picks in eighty eight rating and leaves the Patriots and then goes on the sick run in Tampa. The point I'm making is this, even Pete Brady had these season like the season where it's like, oh, twenty nine touchdowns, eleven picks, twenty four touchdowns, eight picks, twenty five touch downs eleven picks, it was not every single year statistical excellence. It was every single year when the division make the playoffs, and it is at the tail end of his Patriots tenure, every single year make a conference championship game. But it's just it's we've got to be honest about what real expectations are, and we've got to be honest about what the guys who are allegedly in Patrick's league. If Patrick had the season they just had, and they just had the season Patrick just had, how would we view it that's all I'm saying. Hey, guys, talking about my friends at boost Mobile. Ever sign up for a phone plan, thinking wow, great price, and then a few months later it's like surprise, Bill's even higher. Boost Mobile. You've paid twenty five dollars a month forever. That's unlimited talk, text and data starting at just one d five dollars a month, No price hikes, no contract forever. Plus, boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boost store today and get unlimited talk, text, and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speeds not available in all areas. After thirty gigabytes, customers may experience slower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited plan. YEA.
Speaker 2: So, a couple QB polls came out, quarterback rankings, whatever you want to call them. So Bill Simmons debuted his quarterback pyramid and he had Josh Allen at the top. Dan Orlofsky came out with a bunch of traits that quarterback sho have is about six and had Patrick mahomes number one and about the same amount of categories as Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: So which one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero? So which one of these is? And raging you more? Which one do you want to ask?
Speaker 1: Oh, It's definitely Simmons's. And we're gonna deep dive on it because it is not lost on me that my pal and I like Bill. Bill and I have a good relationship. But it is not lost to me that Bill Simmons kind of kicks off his full NFL coverage with a podcast that debuts a quarterback pyramid and whose main guest is Kevin Wilds. I'm not saying that Bill that this was a direct shot at me and you know, trying to pull apart. First things first, but I'm not saying it wasn't. So I'll get to Bill in a second. But on Orlofsky's thing, listen, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna argue with Dan. Dan obviously knows the quarterback position better than me. I what I am gonna say is this arm strength. He is Josh Allen one, Patrick two, no problem. I actually agree with that, and I actually think you could be tricky with that one. There might be you might be able to say Herbert could be ahead of Patrick Hell. I don't know if Joe Milton's availed eligible, like he could be like that just the raw arm strength, Josh Allen one is totally fine, no beef whatsoever. Then it gets dumb ball placement. Patrick Mahomes five behind Joe Burrow again fine, Jaden, Lamar and Josh. You know, I think that's a good take. I think a lot of people watch Lamar, Josh and Jaden and they're like, they can just put it where they want better than Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, like, how much of Burrows is the fact that he has those crazy you are receivers.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna well, No, I think Burrow is like dumb accurate because he has to be because he's not very fast and he doesn't have the strongest arm. So the only way he can be as successful as he is is like I think Burrow would maybe win the contest of that net drill that Caleb failed the other day if they did that, but like made it harder and harder and harder. I think Burrow might be my number one pick. But call me crazy in that drill, I wouldn't take Lamar over Patrick. Again, maybe I'm a hater. Next one, we get to mechanics where you list ten quarterbacks and Patrick's not one of them. And let me tell you again, he has Lamar four. Yeah, I watch Lamar play quarterback, and I'm like, man, if only Patrick had as clean of mechanics as Lamar does, I do like, I feel that way. I think it's a good take the other ones. And again again like the if Geno, Dak and Golf have better mechanics than Patrick, then maybe mechanics are overrated. But mechanics didn't. Again, Patrick didn't make the top ten decision making with the football. Patrick came in fifth. Again I and then this is the this is the one that really I couldn't. I couldn't get over pocket presence Burrow one, Lamar two, Patrick three. Okay, like whatever, I'm not gonna I don't even I don't even know what we're doing here. But fine, that's Orlowsky's list. He has a more fine tuned I for quarterback than me. I suppose I think it is. I disagree with some of those, but that's not my real beef. My real beef is with Bill, because Bill debuts his quarterback pyramid and has Josh Allen at the top. And the problem with that is, and here's the problem with having as long and as successful a career as Bill Simmons has had, and a career that so many folks, myself included obviously, literally grew up reading every single one of your sports takes because Bill's column was must read for every sports fan of my generation for more than a decade. The problem with having that level of influence and being having that long of a career is ear muffs, kids, We remember what you fucking wrote. And for fifty f teen years, Bill fought tooth and nail against the idea that anyone would ever, under any circumstances consider Peyton Manning better than Tom Brady, even though for the entirety of those fifteen years, Peyton had a strong, a far stronger case to be considered better than Peyton Manning. I'm sorry that. Let me back that up. Peyton had a far stronger case to be considered better than Brady then Josh would have right now to be considered better than Patrick. And this is where all of these quarterback rankings are going. To be self defeating. But let me just quick off the top of my damn head, give you the Peyton versus Tom first decade history. Win again a reminder, my pal Bill built part of his massive empire on the take that Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning. If we go two thousand to two thousand and five, Peyton has peeled MVPs, but Peyton is zero to two in the playoffs against Tom. Tom has three championships, Peyton has none. Peyton has never been to a Super Bowl. So even though Peyton Manning statistically speaking, was the far superior quarterback with MVPs, he had never beaten Tom in a big spot. The championships were three to nothing. Then in two thousand and six, Peyton not only wins another I'm sorry, he's already won two MVPs at that point, plays Tom in the AFC Championship game. Tom's up I think twenty one to three at halftime. Peyton comes all the way back and wins the Super Bowl, wins, it beats Tom, and the playoffs are now two to one. Peyton wins the Super Bowl, and Bill, I think justifiably is still even though in that moment all pros. Peyton has multiple tom As zero. MVPs Peyton has multiple tom As zero. The playoff win loss record is two to one. The rings are three to one. Bill is still strident, steadfast correct Tom's better, seemingly vindicated by the fact that the next year Tom finally wins his first MVP team goes undefeated. They look like one of the greatest teams ever until as double digit favorites, they get beat in the Super Bowl. In that moment, even though the rings were three to one, the MVPs were two to one, the all pros were two to one or three to one, I'm not sure, and the playoff win loss record was two to one in Tom's direction in that moment, if anyone had debuted the take, Peyton has passed Tom because Tom didn't win the Super Bowl last year, Bill's head would have exploded. And then, by the way, over the next decade, Tom never beat Peyton in the playoffs again. There was a brief time in Denver where it looked like maybe Peyton had kind of overtaken the argument, and then Tom went on that unbelievable twenty fourteen through twenty twenty run to cemended himself as the goat. But every single football take we have heard for twenty years from Bill Simmons has valued playoff performance, doing it in the biggest spots. And if you've got the belt, someone's got to come take it from you. So when I saw the clip yesterday, where the rationale for elevating Josh Allen, who is again unlike Peyton Brady, where Peyton had the stats and Brady had the wins, Maholmes has moral pros, more MVPs, better career numbers, five trips to the Super Bowl to zero, three rings to zero, and is four and zero in the playoffs against him. When I hear the argument that Mahomes played so poorly in the Super Bowl, he falls down a peg without the obvious follow up being why wasn't Josh in the Super Bowl? Bill? Because he couldn't beat Patrick again? And that is where and again, I think Josh is the second best quarterback in the league. Now that Josh has a league MVP, I'm comfortable calling him a future Hall of Famer. I think Josh eventually is going to break through. I think Josh's ability last year to cut down on the turnovers and still care a team that wasn't all that talented at the skill position, certainly on the outside was wildly impressive. But we have to stop acting like these have been unfair fights, or Josh hasn't had his chance in back to back years in the playoffs. Once in Josh's building, once in Patrick's building, Josh has gotten the ball late fourth quarter, down three points the first time. He can only get them to not the edge of field goal range, but not a gimme field goal forty four yard or if I remember, and that would have only gotten them the tie. With a couple of minutes left. There's a chance, finish the game, ball in your hands. Don't let Patrick come back and get it. They come away with zero points. Then last year down three Conference championship game, plenty of time, can't get to midfield, So do not do you cannot. And this is why the quarterback ranking stuff right now can be so frustrating for people. Has Patrick played in the regular season his best ball in the last couple of years? No, but who are again? And I've said it before, I will say it again if you want to argue, you know what, Jalen Hurts is the best quarterback in the league. I don't think anyone actually believes that, except for maybe Jalen's lovely mother, who dressed me down a bit the night before the Super Bowl. I don't even think Jalen believes that. But if you want to argue that, at least there is a case you can make. But for the other three guys, as I sat a moment ago, the argument becomes instantly self defeating. Burrows' claim to fame is what he did in the first two the first postseason and a half of his career, going into Arrowhead, beating Patrick, getting to the Super Bowl, then getting back to the AFC Championship Game, and then he had a pretty miserable second half with a chance to go to a second straight Super Bowl, got the ball, tie game, go get a field goal, got negative yards, loses, and has not been back to the postseason since. There is no time in the history of Pro football when there have been multiple first ballot Hall of Famers active in their prime where we would say a guy elevated himself to best quarterback in the league in a two year stretch where he plays zero playoff games not eligible. Lamar, who's in the midst of arguably as good of a two year regular season stretch as any player at his position ever when that player to varying degrees, and this past year was the most positive sign has come up against the other two guys who he is in the debate with for who's the best and both games gotten out played by and lost to in the postseason Patrick two years ago and Josh last year. He's not gonna have it. And across all of sports except for maybe there were some people arguing Jerry West was better than Bill Russell. But with respect, as great as the Mahomes Reid Chiefs are, they are not the institutionally top to bottom more talented team like the Russell Celtics. We have never made an argument that win every single year for a half decade, one guy beats an out plays another guy in the postseason that the other guy's better. It's a again for the entirety of Peyton versus Brady, when Peyton was a cult that whole decade plus. They only played in the postseason three times and it was two to one Tom, and it was still framed correctly as if Tom held over him in the postseason. Imagine if they played four times and it was four to zero and So again, this is what I would ask my pal Bill if Tom had beaten Peyton in six and then gone on to lose that Super Bowl, and he was up three to zero in the playoffs and the ring count was three zero and the super Bowl count was for zero, and someone made the argument that Peyton Manning was better based on Tom playing poorly in this make believe two thousand and six super Bowl, what would your reaction have been? And the answer as we know, so, can we please please have a level of consistency on this, that's all. Honestly, that didn't go quite as long as I thought. And again I'm not trying to act like I invented the pyramid style ranking of quarterbacks. What I will say is, if you're going to really do it, each level has to be one player bigger than the previous. You can't go one, two, three, four five, five, five five five. That's not the idea that that's not how a pyramid looks either at the and I mean it's just not. I mean I don't either. That's a crayon. That's how a crayon looks, not how a pyramid looks. That's first of all. Second of all, my Buddy Kate W could have given you pointers on that when he was on the pod with you.