Speaker 1: The boys. I'm sitting here with my co host, not tell the one. My man is in camp right now. We had an emergency kind of pod Michael Chandler. We had a separate podcast with him that'll drop later on, but Michael Chandler's my co host right now, and he he hooked it up with Brendan Shaub. Proud of you, man, you crushed the proud you crushed it too.
Speaker 2: No, you did a good job, man, you got a good freaking I was a good report with a freaking.
Speaker 1: Awesome dude. Yeah, with the fucking shop dude. We had him on the Fighter and the kid is in the fucking notebook as like somebody too that we want to match our podcasting about, like with.
Speaker 2: Him being on here for only three days and being willing to do that at the drop of the hat.
Speaker 1: And it was not a.
Speaker 2: Favor for his boy, Like I said, it's not like Brendan shaup owed me a favor or we're boys.
Speaker 1: He was just like, I'll do it. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, let's do it. Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know that guy, don't know the podcast, but I'll do it. Like that's that's really no. But I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying for him to to talk about him hitting his character and then meet you after thirty minutes and.
Speaker 1: Be like, you know, man, I'll help you out.
Speaker 2: This is this is That's what the world needs because he he understands how hard it is to make it and you you can only you're only as good as the connections that you can make and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's it's cool, man, It's a real it's a real dude right there. Yeah. When he dapped me up, it was like, Yo, seriously, get my number. That's cool. Whatever, men, you know, whatever you need whatever mentoring. He's like, I got you Like a lot of people helped me out and I will be more than willing to help you out. I was like, Yo, this that's fucking awesome, dude. You know he he has a background. He was in Ultimate Fighter season ten. He played college ball at Colorado, went had a short stand with the Buffalo Bills. He was just a training camp guy. He was like a camp body, as we say. He got cut there and realized football wasn't gonna be his calling. He got into slinging supplements door to door and fighting at nighttime, doing Brazilian jiu jitsu, and then realized his buddy got him into uh, got a into fighting, signed him up for fighting. He got in a UFC MMA, won the Golden Gloves, and then he realized like he was gonna get on the Ultimate Fighter Season ten, the one with Kimbo Slice and Ron not Ron Nelson, Roy Nelson uh and killed it that that lost in the finals, but anyway, signed his deal with UFC. Was fighting in the UFC for a little bit, helped me out if I missed anything. Was in UFC for I don't know how long. I think he went fifteen, ten and five. Yeah, was rated in what the top ten, top fifteen heavyweights in the fucking world, and then realized he wanted to walk away on his own terms, that he didn't need to fight, that he was he was doing better off off the ring, out of the ring, so to speaker for me, off the field, he's kind of a guy who I look up to and kind of resonate with because again, he was a pro athlete. He's one of those smarter you know, not that I'm called myself smarter, but I am smarter. He's one of those smarter athletes like we both are fucking Chandler over here. He's got a lot of shit going on, but a smarter athlete that likes to have things that go on off the field, out of the ring. And he kind of transitioned and have some pivotal moments in his life that he talks about where he goes from fighting to podcasting to entertaining and now he's a stand up comedian. He's got a special out call. What's a special called it is? You'd be surprised, You'd be surprised, you'd be surprised. On showtime you can check out a special. He's part of the Fighter and the Kid podcast, blow the Belt with Brendanshaw podcast and also King in the Sting with Theo Vaughn and these guys. These podcasts are written down in my notebook for Taylor and I on podcasts, we want our shit to mimic and his is one of them. So having him on is, you know, is unreal for me As we talked about his fucking life and all these transitional points. His transition when when his best friend and.
Speaker 2: Worldwide celebrity Joe Rogan literally tells him you're not good enough to keep fighting.
Speaker 1: A few days after he fought his last fight. He's on Joe Rogan's episode.
Speaker 2: Millions of people watching you get berated by the best analysts in mixed martial arts history, Joe Rogan, and he's a good friend of yours, and he talks about.
Speaker 1: Saying there's saying there's a there's a bridge between great and then there's you, and I never know if you'll cross the bridge. It's just that you can go watch that episode. You can just see well, and that's and that's also too.
Speaker 2: That's I feel like that was one of the pivotal moments of his of his life. Do you continue to move forward with the career or do you listen to your best friend. You're being publicly humiliated in front of hundreds of thousands of people and then millions and millions of downloads later.
Speaker 1: So it's a hold that don't even say that because we can talk about that, because you fucking you always have great fucking insight. Before we get into Brendonshaw, I need all all you pups to take your ass to Regal RG dot com. Regal Realty Group our sponsor, our one and only sponsor, and they're fucking awesome. Hunter Briley hit them up his number six one five four eight three zero eight five six his personal six one five six three zero nine seven three five. His name is Hunter Briley. Tell him the boys sent you. They do everything from residential to commercial to honestly, what I'm sitting down and getting them noticed with if your wallet is not as dentible as mine, and that's investment opportunities. They got sixty town homes going in around Mount Juliet, they got they got a shitload going on around Nashville. Guys, go to regal rg dot com, look up Hunter Briley, call his ass and let him know that comp nasty and the boys sent you and he will hook it up. Also, guys, our audience is fucking growing. The wolves are growing. It's awesome. It is fucking sick. What we need help with is you guys sharing. We need you, guys to tell your friends, post it on social If we're gonna build this following guys, my pups, females there, we're gonna some more female listeners now ever since the show and Booth episode, we need people to share and tell others about it. But hey, we love you, we appreciate you. Guys are gonna fucking love this episode.
Speaker 3: We have a nice little line, did you get because he's in Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he grew up in Nashville. And so I had one with our safety Kevin Bayern. He's a stud and they all work out together. And I know, like Taylor, Taylor's usually here. He's in camp right now. Yeah, the big, the big motherfucker how big?
Speaker 3: If he's a left us you know, yeah, he's white.
Speaker 1: What what is he? Matt? Matt six seven, he's three ten. He's lean man, he's leaning me lean six six. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, people think those old linemen are fat. There You ever seen Todd Stuucy Yeah, yeah, dude, he was fucking yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in camp right now, sweating his balls off, fucking grinding. Camps a different animal.
Speaker 3: Dude, camp a different animal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm waiting right now. But I'm actually I'm actually, I don't want to say glad, but it's nice to like have not have all that wear and tear on your body.
Speaker 3: Because you've been in how many camps?
Speaker 1: Uh? This one would be my seventh. So I've went six year straight with those, five with the Redskins, one with the Titans, and this is kind of the first time you're getting I'm getting close to thirty white undrafted, you know, undrafted white boy playing lineback. You know what I'm saying, dude, And UHG, you're kind of going through it to where I know what, I know what I am like, I know I can ball, I know I can play, and you're just waiting for somebody, a young guy to not work out, or a veteran to go down to where they need a savage or you know, a savvy mercenary vet to come in and plug and play.
Speaker 3: Right away and just have to worry about it.
Speaker 4: Right, People don't and I'm sure your listeners do, so I'm not saying anything they don't know. But a lot of people don't realize is you're this savvy VET, but you get a premium because you've been in the league so long. They can get someone who's younger for cheaper half the price the price and put them in. It's a such a vicious cycle.
Speaker 1: Right because if I if at the end of the day, I'm a depth player in their eyes, then they're gonna find a young, cheap, depth depth player that can play special teams for at the price. Because it's all about the bottle to him right right, unless they have a need. Then they'll be like, yo, you know, call.
Speaker 3: So so so did you get released or your contract?
Speaker 1: My contract was up, so I went. I went five with those Skins. I signed a one year deal with the Titans, and then now I'm a free agent and I've had about six six teams called for like the you know, they want to bring in a few guys to try out, and we're kind of just like, you know, thanks, but no thanks, Like we'll wait for really the opportunity to wait for the right instead of like instead of me needing to go be on a ninety man roster and grind it out and try to compete to get on the roster and go through all these you want to fucking hard days. You want a situation to work out for you to where it's like we all know what comps about, call and bring them in because I could come in. You know, those guys can come in on like August twenty fifth and be ready to go on September first, for sure. So that's kind of the game. That's kind of the game.
Speaker 4: I'm staying in shape and chilling podcasting and yeah thing, yeah, good for.
Speaker 1: You fucking uh man. I was talking about some of us wake up early to prepare for like this podcast. Yeah, say bro, fuck you. I was up at five forty five trying to work out so then I can prepare for the podcact.
Speaker 3: But and so you were undrafted. Have you been smart with your money? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I'm definitely more of a a frugal person. I like to I like to call myself the Walmart athlete of the Year. Oh interesting, So I'll get the wolf tea's going on buying from Walmart seven bucks of pop. Shout out Walmart and just shout to Walmart. Yeah, slinging ice latte and just live the dream.
Speaker 3: You're doing the podcast, which is smart. Have you thought what you want to do after?
Speaker 1: I'm dabbling in real estate the past couple of years, so I've really I had a list frank surgery, not surgery. I had a list frank injury two years ago when I was with the Skins. And so I was on IR for like the last ten weeks, and I can only play fucking video games for so long. And I'm like one of those guys when I'm listening to podcasts, I'm just fucking my mind starts going everywhere. So I started listening to Bigger Pockets podcasts, which is all real estate, and so I started buying books, listening to pods and getting inspired by that, and I'm like, yo, I'm gonna start doing this. So trying to make connections when you're you know, as an athlete and doing what you do now, your jokes are funnier, you're better looking. So while that's happening while I'm an athlete, I'm gonna try to shake the right hands and meet the right people. So smart I've been trying to do that, and then I've kind of just thought of you know, Taylor and I got into podcasting last year. When I got here, we were talking about this. He was asking me about all the recovery performance stuff that I weirdly do because I get from Ben Greenfield and I got I learned through him through Joe's podcast. Yeah, and then we were kind of gotten calming the Joe Rogan pot and he's like, have you listened to the Alex Lewis one? The first one? I'm like no, So he sends me that and we kind of start to get to know each other through the podcasting World and doing the recovery stuff, and then we were like, I wanted to do a podcast for a long time. You guys are fucking one of them fighting, the kid d'aliah, fucking joe Ben Greenfield, Yeah, that whole circle. And I was like, man, I'm gonna pull a trick on this podcast, and he was like, Yo, let's fucking do it. Like, let's go all in. So we waited all off season, found this beautiful bus.
Speaker 3: It's so cool.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, and we just been I don't know it from the outside looking in. We might have it together, but we've just been fucking grinding.
Speaker 3: That's not how podcast is, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how did it suffer for you? You?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: I know you did it while you were fighting. You started it while you're fighting. That's what I thought was unique for Taylor and I is nobody really does it while they're.
Speaker 4: Playing no No, But the only difference is, well, yeah, I did it when I was fighting because I linked up with Brian Callen, who he had his own podcasts and then it had like twenty listeners.
Speaker 3: Wasn't going good, but.
Speaker 4: Then he brought me in and then me and him had this weird chemistry and I was fighting at the time.
Speaker 3: He's like, dude, let's do this once a week. We'll call it Fighter and the Kid.
Speaker 4: We'll do it once a week. I'm like, I don't want to do that. I go just break down fighting. No, you can talk about whatever. I went, all right, I'm down if it's like a lifestyle podcast we're doing in his garage. Kept doing it, kept doing it. Then Fox was trying to acquire podcasts. They reached out to us, so we took the show over to Fox, even.
Speaker 3: Though I still owned everything.
Speaker 4: We would license it to Fox and then just started getting getting ground.
Speaker 3: And I remember I was fighting.
Speaker 4: I think he was andre or Lovsk, You're some big, big fight in Vancouver, and I'm I'm in the airport and the TSA guys like you're not waiting. You're my favorite podcast man. I'm like, oh, this is a podcaster. Now you ready for the fight. He's like, what are you talking about? But he had no idea about my fight. He knew about the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then yeah, the cross and then it started gaining a lot of legs.
Speaker 4: And then I remember, you know it is when especially back in the day before Reebok in the UFC, you could wear whatever you want. And I had all these offers to wear shirts for my walking Ferilofski and I I love making shirts for the podcast, and I made an Abbot Kenny Fight Club shirt.
Speaker 3: You made it, I made it, and so I wore that in my walkout.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh, no, I'm just gonna wear my ounting. And I remember my managers like, dude, you get like twenty g's. I'm like, no, no, it's gonna I'm gonna invest in this, man, I'm just gonna I'm gonna wear this. And we sold so many shirts from that, and then it just started gain ground.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's forward thinking man, instead of instead of just taking the low hanging fruit, instead of just being a a yes man, listening to your manager doing whatever, realizing that you can make an investment and your wealth.
Speaker 4: I was fortunate because you know, the goal is to be freaking Tony Gonzalz in the NFL. And then I get invited a training camp after playing college ball to the Buffalo Bills. I'm like, this is it, man, I'm Steve Tasker. You know, I didn't realize the game. And I get there, I'm like, oh, oh, they don't know my name. I got one rep.
Speaker 3: The dude who got drafted got thirty and like white boy, get in there, I got route. I dropped like the fuck out and then I get caught and I'm like, no, I didn't even get a chance.
Speaker 1: To People don't I want to talk about that for a scenting. People don't get like those guys who come in undrafted free agent and you and in our minds were like our coaches, they're gonna know us the way our coaches at Colorado at Nebraska know us. And it's gonna be they're gonna know them. You know, a little stud savvy, smart work, hard, high motor, all the white intangibles you get yep, smart ya firstad, last out, good, good motor. And we're thinking, all, yo, I'm fucking tired out there. But uh then you get in there and you realize, Yo, they don't they don't fucking give.
Speaker 3: A ship your body.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're all.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing forty six, Alfred Morris's number, who's a Pro Bowl running back, And it's just like the writings on the wall, like yo, will you're just here for to help London Fletcher not practice correct like you said they didn't even know your name. Oh they didn't know, don't They don't give a ship, dude. You messed up once.
Speaker 4: Oh I was out, Dude, it broke my heart. That was my first kind of because college was cutthroat, but it was a good time.
Speaker 3: We having fun. Know, at the NFL, it was like once you see it's like a meat factory. Dude.
Speaker 4: I became super jaded. Then when I got to the UFC, I'm like, oh, this is better. And then you learn like the underbellies of fighting, which is super dark.
Speaker 3: And then I was just like, what is happening man? Or even I'm too sensitive for this?
Speaker 1: Ye, no doubt, dude, Like you're just thinking broke my heart?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: The same well, the same mentality too, where you talk about, oh you don't want to do it. We we'll find the next seven guys that'll do it for cheaper.
Speaker 4: Oh, UFC man, you if you want to get I wish I would have recorded it if you want a good time. My managers negotiating my contract that for a big win, and I will let me hear it. Like the business side of things I wanted to learn, like the age and stuff. And he's talking to Joe Silvan and he goes, you sure you want to hear this?
Speaker 3: You don't want to hear it? And he put on speaker.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's because he was like, hey man, he's gonna need eighty and eighties, like eighty.
Speaker 3: Fuck that guy, he's ship.
Speaker 1: And he goes through your whole like career wins, all your wins were good enough, turn off, turn off, get the speaker button.
Speaker 3: I was so depressed after that.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, man, bro that the world of like sportsman. Like everybody's like, oh, it's the NFL what you thought it was in some in some cases yeah, some sense of the world, yes, But it's also like like you know, you know if when you get kind of done wrong or you feel jaded, yeah, you get a little salty about it. You just start to realize that, yo, this is not what the fuck I thought it probably would be.
Speaker 3: And I used to have kind of anger to not so much the NFL. I'm not I get it. I get it. I'm not fucking you know what buffalo bells when I got on the planet. I get it. I'll see guys later. Totally get it. Man. See on the other side.
Speaker 4: Uh with the UFC for the longest time at the biggest chip on my shoulder, and that's what fueled everything I was doing at the time. I would go on these rants on finding the kid and just all this great against Reeboch and it it kind of builded it whatever it is where they thought I was the anti UFC guy and which I'm not.
Speaker 3: But I was just coming from the heartman, and I was spitting venom. But it was building this fan base and people like the truth and how raw it was and no one was talking like that, and people are at the UFC employees love me. Everyone loved me there.
Speaker 4: And I'd get text from employees like you need to chill out, man, I'm telling you, and they're like you're gonna lose this, You're gonna and I'm like I don't give a fuck, Like really, I'm like, I don't cut me, man, cut me.
Speaker 3: See what happens.
Speaker 4: And I wanted that turmoil at the time is toxic, man, But it was tough for me to I was so stressed out.
Speaker 3: But it built the fan base. Man.
Speaker 1: Why did that go on? Though? Like? Why were you why would you get so salty? I would get I get or why would you? Why'd you feel so Jada to where you were like, wanted the bag? Now I'm gonna you know, i'mnna.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because the Rebok deal, I felt like we're being bullied into it, and I was making six figures off sponsors, and then the UFC went Nope, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna make ten thousand a fight, and I went, well, that's not fair, man. So I was super upset.
Speaker 4: And then there was some kind of behind the scenes things with Dana and other stuff where I was like, oh, this this isn't cool, man, and I just went and then I had a microphone and freaking you know, did the eight mile thing and just went fucking nuts on that. And then it was kind of how people were like, I like this, man. And then eventually I was just like, oh, this is this is good for me, this is this is what I.
Speaker 3: Want to do. Man.
Speaker 4: But that but now that I'm older and I guess I've had the success I've had, I looked back.
Speaker 3: I'm like Jesus Christ relaxed dude, like.
Speaker 4: Data when Dana was making Yeah, when Day was making the Rebok deal, he was like, how's this gonna affect Brendon Chop. It's like, fuck him? How Like they're not even thinking of you? Man, You're again, You're not that important. You made the deal that's best for the brand and for his business, not me. So now like I have no issues with him, I have zero issues with him. I zero issues with the UFC. I used to talk negative about either my football career or my fight career.
Speaker 3: I don't. It's all good, man, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah perspective, dude, do you go through any of that kind of stuff. Yeah, well, I mean talk about it. But he said eight mile course you only go Acapella there you go. No, I mean I have too. And it's and it's.
Speaker 2: Affected your fight career too, which is tough because you have a contract dispute, or you feel like you're not making the money that you should make, or they said this or they said that, or you want to you just you think you deserve a certain matchup and you don't or this, that and the other thing, and it can eat it you mentally.
Speaker 1: And you could sit there and just stew and stew and stew and you're so mad at them.
Speaker 2: You're mad at that face, that person that heartbeat that entity, and really it does nothing but self sabotage, you know, and you go out there and you fight horribly. You fight outside of your strengths, You fight out, you play into your weaknesses, you fight emotional, you lose a fight, and then you get done. You look back and think, man, all I did was drink the poison and expected the promoters to be the.
Speaker 1: Ones that were negatively affected.
Speaker 2: And it's and I've gone through that numerous times in my career, but for the most part, I've been happy.
Speaker 1: But it's it's hard, it's it's a tough.
Speaker 4: But what I think is funny in fighting is listen, in fighting, comparable the athletes to the NFL and college it's not even close. I mean that the athletes that are Nebraska, University, Colorado, Alabama, Ohio State compared to the athletes in the UFC, you're talking apples and avocados. I mean, it's alsosly a different, tangible, different skill set. But the level of competition at those big time division in schools in the NFL, it's the I mean you there's no room for ara men zero.
Speaker 3: We're in the UFC. I was, you know, I got done playing foot I was like, oh, that looks cool, I'll try. Three years later, I ranked top fifteen in the world. So in football, that's like that ain't gonna happen. Man, it's just the pool of talent, and football is so goddamn deep.
Speaker 4: Like do you watch The Last Chance You? I watched, Yeah, I can't get enough of it. Really the New season, the new season spoiler, they fucking suck now Coach Brown got fired.
Speaker 3: It's so great.
Speaker 1: It's I watched them on the on the head coach, and it's just like many Yeah, give the view that it's.
Speaker 3: A junior college where Jo called Independence Independence though Garden City, Fort Scott Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got some talent.
Speaker 3: So so basically they get all like the D one rejects, like these top top recruits who fucked up in big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then they go to Independence University Florida State, Florida State out the biggest in the world.
Speaker 3: They have the number one de tackled Juco. He's just a stud.
Speaker 4: He got a full ride to Georgia, so he gets all the guys that are fuck ups and he has to form chemistry in a year because they have one year and done. So he's trying to get it done, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Season three it does not and it's so entertaining. They lose every game.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 5: It's the backing the dominant.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, the super dominant. And it's working because he he walks in and talks to him like he's kind of one of them. He's like, fuck you you missed that tackle. Fuck you motherfucker. Like he's getting in their face.
Speaker 4: But they're winning, so the racist town of Independence is like this is cool.
Speaker 3: Because they're all racists, like this is cool.
Speaker 4: Then they start losing and dude, they flip on him so fast, dude and gets he gets this guy's hilarious. He's on THEO Von's podcast this weekend. This is this past weekend, by the way. But uh, he gets fired because there's a German kid on the team that's no business playing football, but.
Speaker 3: He's on the team. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Guy?
Speaker 4: But also play soccer, so he's from Germany's they're like being he's like on the scout team, just skinning lit up and uh, the coach texts him. He's like text them like instructions and goes, I'm your new hitler.
Speaker 1: Dang oh I did see.
Speaker 3: Ral dude and he got fired for that. It's hilarious all the ship. It's the best season ever. It's such toxic chaos. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you see it when you see it with the athletes too. They're kind of the same thing I was just talking about. I was in an awesome situation, yet I let my scenario play affect my play affect my fighting. Where you had all these kids who are like, forget this, man, there's Juco plays and like, yo, dude.
Speaker 1: You messed up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: This is your shot to get back to where you want.
Speaker 5: Those guys have so much, so much talent, and there's so much that even in comedy man, there's there's some guys who Dude, Derek and the work at the comedy store.
Speaker 4: They're my future and opener monsters. There's guys there's so much fucking more talent than any comment you ever heard, but they're just not make they're on discipline, making the right choices.
Speaker 3: They're just it's same with football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see all these NFL guys who ever played in the NFL, but they're walking the streets in college that you that you're around, that you were around in Colorado and you're just like, man, what a they wasted their.
Speaker 4: Man where if they were just went this way, they're making millions.
Speaker 1: Right because I'm like, yo, if I'm playing this long, you know, these guys could have fucking played forever.
Speaker 3: Dude, you, I mean, you are on the grind, but the white dude therin seven years in that's a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of Missouri, boy man, Missouri.
Speaker 3: That's how you guys know each other.
Speaker 1: No, we know after but I wrestled with his brother and in high school and stuff.
Speaker 3: So you Missouri, but then you went to University of Nebraska. Yes you're a corn Husker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're supposed to each other. But you were playing Memorial. You played Memorial. How fucking rock and amazing? Man, because Colorado and Nebraska kind of now but yeah, yeah we're gonna be better. So watch it a little bit and watch it a little bit.
Speaker 3: We've both kind of fallen off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we have. We have. It used to be a real rivalry, a true rivalry, like back in the nineties and ship tom Osborne. Yeah, all those boys with Houston snort and coke in the fucking locker room before talking about the good days, the fucking real good days of football. They don't ask questions, just fucking let the guys do their thing. You know. If you guys are throwing their women downstairs, like that's not good.
Speaker 3: But they were good players, they're good.
Speaker 1: Hey, But then the coaches are they gonna get caught? There's no video footage? Yeah no, but but yeah, dude, it's a it's been fucking a blast though. Yeah, you grind man, it's fun though. Man, It's like, and you don't have kids, no, no kids, no kids.
Speaker 4: Here's a question everyone always asked me for both of you. Would you let your you have kids? Would you your kids fight when you let your kids play football? Knowing the grind because you know the business, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, for sure I would. I think about some of the brain research coming out now and some of the CT stuff that goes on, and I am conscious of that stuff. But again, like I know what I'm signing up for, but I would let I would love. I would let my kid play football if he wanted to that bad Like, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell me he can't do.
Speaker 3: Here's my thing. Let's be real.
Speaker 4: Hey, So, uh, I have a three year old and I call him the Lebron James of three year olds.
Speaker 3: I post picture he's jacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My thing is is I've been around sports long enough. If he's like a standout, like in fifth grade, just like Barry Sanders kids like breaking ankles, I'm like, all right, let's let's write this thing out.
Speaker 3: Let's get you out of the ghetto. You know what I'm saying ghetto meeting is that he was washing not long ago. Yeah he would so.
Speaker 4: But if he has talent, I'm like, yeah, let's let's go this route. If he's just a guy, we ain't going down that path. Man, it's too it's too hard.
Speaker 1: What path though? Like, what do you mean? Like I'm saying I would let my kid play, but after your glory days of high school are over? Like I'm not gonna be front money and really really trying to like lift through you to be like, oh, you know these schools are looking at him.
Speaker 3: Well, but here's the thing. Let's say plays high school and but he's a stud and he gets seven offers college, then we're going we're doing it.
Speaker 4: But if he's like Dad, I want to walk on to Ohio, stay in my name for you, brother, Yeah, not for you. Let's focus on the books. Yeah, because you know this both.
Speaker 3: You know, especially in wrestling in Missouri and playing football Nebraska. Your major is that sportman. I didn't learn ship.
Speaker 1: From C student athlete. It's athlete student.
Speaker 3: I didn't learn anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's put him in communications or general studies. And for the love of God, if I get an email, teacher, you fix it, like make sure this motherfucker is eligible.
Speaker 4: Oh hold on, we used to. They would put me in this class. They the teacher would leave the room and leave me and ten other football players with one test. She's like, between all of you, just figure it out.
Speaker 3: So it's me. So it's me with the thing, right, smartest guy in the room. Me here. They were all around like all right, A, B or C. I'd read off the answers. I'd go around the room. I'm like, I don't think so, and I just fill it out and we gotta see.
Speaker 1: We collectively got to see.
Speaker 3: And one was like, damn, man, what the fun really? Fatteus? Really, what the fuck is? You don't know how to spell? Chair? Really enjoy your see? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I think I'd let my son fight would you, But I mean I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing I have no clue on the It's it's hard because yeah, I mean I'm big on the brain research and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But I just just three guys talking ce TM.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: We got all three of us have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 3: We should play a game who has it worse?
Speaker 1: And does something happens?
Speaker 3: Can we do some puzzles?
Speaker 1: Seriously, you took third.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I'll tell you who's gonna have it worse? Is the alignment they just banged the whole time.
Speaker 1: The whole the whole game. You got fucking guys like you gotta deal with Red me off, some outside.
Speaker 3: Backers, outside backers.
Speaker 1: Miles gay It, Khalil Mack. Fuck yeah, Christ could you imagine being there and being like a left tackle and being like, eh Ti hi to fucking go after this boy?
Speaker 3: Khalil Mack. Hey, your best friend too? No, are you fucking really his best friend? Childhood friend? He's coming here.
Speaker 1: We gotta take a selfie. D be's my boy like he's we were locker We were locker boys, and uh we always love doing the whole fucking were wolves sing and d B. D Be's my fucking boy. I should have been at his camp. I feel terribile.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Were you at his football camp that he had? Then you're not his best friend. We better have moved back to Memphis. No, but hey, d Be's my boy.
Speaker 4: I was telling Darry I go because I you were talking about how good his boys at football?
Speaker 3: Right, like freshman All American a CC. What do you playing? Auburn amazing school?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not a starter in the NFL. Think how much of a freak that dude? Is the level? Yeah, these fucking guys is insane. For you to be in the NFL for seven years, it's insane. I think all of you should suck rep.
Speaker 1: You know Delia's ruled. Hey, if they wear your jersey, man, I wear the jersey like they should be able to fuck you.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about wearing the jersey and I went, no, not today. I'm gonna pack someone come with your hype.
Speaker 1: You fucking know dB he really well, I'm gonna he's gonna be so fucking happy. I'm gonna hug the ship out of him. That's my boy, man him the shows. Yeah, might need you to need you to help the boy for a second. I've tried to buy a couple of times and it just it's this and does the loading thing for fucking every My car is not going, is it. I was wondering that because the stub Hub it says no seats are left, but on the Zany site it doesn't say it sold out, and so it just fucking sit there and load the whole time. And I'm like, yeah, I'm trying to buy these tickets.
Speaker 3: No, I got you guys, just dope.
Speaker 1: dB man, that's awesome. I'm hype. You gotta meet dB TV's got all the change, bro, fucking I love it.
Speaker 3: We were thinking about going to practice tomorrow, right, do a couple Nissan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice man, you're gonna get the hook up. I thought about going, but then I just feel kind of insulted sitting in the stand.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Like, I love the camaraderie, so I want to see my boys in Denbor, but don't do it.
Speaker 3: Sad dude. I'll never forget. I get cut from the Buffalo Bills. My best friend Joe Cloppenstein was the starting tight end from the Rams, so I get cut.
Speaker 4: He's killing it in uh Saint Louis. He makes the starting lineup, and then I go. We go to his first game, and I was in the stands crying, like.
Speaker 1: Dude, somebody was in on you on a picture and like, yeah, look.
Speaker 4: I felt like such a loser man, because you're you know, he's out there doing his thing.
Speaker 3: I'm in the stand of the foam finger with his family.
Speaker 1: They used to play. Yeah, well I just did.
Speaker 2: I just did the show a couple of weeks ago, and Taylor's over here, Pro Bowl, Pro Bowl lineman. And I didn't know that. I didn't know that your contact was up. I didn't know you were currently a free agent. So I figured, look, I'm next to two Titans, right, And he's like, oh yeah, and Taylor's yeah, dude, you can come to a game.
Speaker 1: We'll get your tickets. You can sit next to Will. And I was like, I was on camera and I don't even know, and I just immediately start sweating, and Yo. We had our head coach on Vrabel.
Speaker 3: I loved see the man.
Speaker 1: He's the fucking man he was. He was fucking here and he talked about cutting his deck. That went viral. He cut off about cutting his deck off for a Super Bowl and we had him on and those two were just fucking sure, dude. He's like, what were we talking about? What? What drug was out there? Fly flapping off or falling off that? He was like, will I sent the I sent the text out through the team? We did? I forget You're not on the team anymore. This is the head coach that can still hire me. So it's like, I can't back. Is there a chance to come back? There's a chance for it. Yeah, there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Do you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I want to play this year? You would you rather play? Stay here and play for the Titans so you can keep Yeah? I love to, So I could do I could do this kind of stuff. Like for us, we got a backlog every episode, Like Taylor and I are like grinding day in day out. If we can rattle off two or three a day, that's what we try to aim for. And it's fucking yeah. I mean, you know, it's just probably after you do like three stand ups in a row, you're probably just like exhaust because you only have so many jokes or stories you're thinking enough to do a pod, like so many stories that's happened on the weekend.
Speaker 4: I don't care either, like right, which probably helps by the time, I just don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm zoned out. I just don't have the energy.
Speaker 1: But us you're starting, we kind of we think about everything. We're kind of you know with the podcast, but anyway, we backlog every one. We try to get people in house.
Speaker 3: And what kind of guests do you guys aim for everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've had I mean who we had, you know in the NFL guys, you got Jalen what's up? Rich Frowning, We've had him on. Rich Throning, the goat at CrossFit.
Speaker 3: Don't know CrossFit, you know, come on, man, Yeah, the working.
Speaker 1: Type cross rich Thron's pictures there.
Speaker 3: He's the fucking was the best of exercise.
Speaker 1: But you know, our NFL can actually have guys sitting on the bus, you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's great, man.
Speaker 4: Everything out there not really like the Ringer does a bunch of NFL stuff. But there's not like a fun NFL podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not one where guys are especially with your connection and don't give a ship and just kind of sit here and they don't feel with their guard up talking because he came fucking throw he threw his feet up because Taylor, he's like, he calls himself the dad of Nashville, and fucking Rabel walks and throws his feet up. He's like, Hey, real, dad's here. Your daddy's here, Taylor, daddy's home, Daddy's here.
Speaker 3: He's such a beast. Yeah, I feel like he'd be great to play for. He's a players coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's he's a big he's a big alpha dog. He he's uh, he's the alpha. He's the Alpha.
Speaker 3: Mike Rabel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike Rabel. Like there's nothing He's won all the he's won three Super Bowls. He plays, he's played for like thirty seven years in the league.
Speaker 3: Stay like he's.
Speaker 1: Nothing but football. He like fucking just pumps football into his base.
Speaker 3: Here's my thing about CT If anyone's gonna have to be that guy.
Speaker 1: But he's throwing doesn't Yeah, he's sucking throwing, dude, his studies.
Speaker 3: I'm a super fan.
Speaker 1: I think he'll win. He'll win one. If not this year, I don't want to say they're not. You think they can be contenders and me, I can't. You know, I could be fucking playing for the boys. If I'm playing for the boys. We're gonna We're winning Super Bowl Boys.
Speaker 3: No, you guys can definitely do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definite contend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, you guys are stacked this year.
Speaker 1: No, for sure. They have a Oh but uh no, he's a stuff man, verbels and stuff. We've had him, We've had the OC on. I've had coaches texting me like, Yo, how the fuck do you get these guys on and saying some ship like that.
Speaker 3: That's how it should be.
Speaker 4: There's no where, there's nowhere where they can do it, Like, you can't do it on the ESPN, You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna do it on the like the sport pods.
Speaker 3: Where do you know? Pat mc?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was. I was reaching out to him. I got connected with him on Twitter and because Taylor went on his podcast and Taylor kind of talked about the idea talk about me. He was talking about me, and he followed me. I fall the back and we were kind of going back and forth, and I got his number because I'm like, Yo, aside from us going out there, are you coming on the bus, Like I want to just pick your brain for like mentoring on how to fucking do this because we just we this is a week or week and a half ago, right before you came.
Speaker 3: A week ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we we did like a little FaceTime meeting and he was kind of helping me out on like figuring out, you know, how to go about monetizing. How did just go about everything outside of just having fucking cameras having content.
Speaker 4: Me and him are cut from the same cloth. Him, I just did a show, but we've been trying to connect her almost two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a fucking stud, dude. I love watching what he does from afar. You guys too, like you kind of you got in the transitional stage, which we will talk about in a minute. But I was talking to him and he was he was just kind of mentoring me on how you stay consistent with it. Here's how you should go about it if you do one a week, you know, talking about your fan base, your audience, this, that, the others. Yeah, just talking about it right right, And so he that's how we got connected. So all rich and I saw he just got this big deal with Thursday Night the college football, man college football.
Speaker 3: Then you had the his own deal. He's crushing it.
Speaker 4: Man, and you went out there. How was his spot. It's dope. It's dope. It's one of the better ones for sure. All the guys like it's interesting to see like everyone has their the the guys who are doing well in that space. Everyone has like their own version of like their fantasy factory. Rob Deridic was kind of the first, right on Rob's My Boys. So Rob is kind of the first who owns everything.
Speaker 3: And then then Rogan went cool story and then he has the Ultimate bro Layer where it's like.
Speaker 1: Floating float, and then.
Speaker 4: He has archery range, and his cars are there, and the studios epic, and he has this video game center now, so he's kind of like the pinnacle of it. Even Kevin Hart got there and was like, God damned, I didn't step my game up. Everyone, anyone who goes to Rogan's like, oh, this is how he's supposed to do it. So I have my little thing in Santa Monica where I run my show with Theovonne King the Sting, I run my showtimes below the Belt and then fightings Kid all out of there. So everyone kind of has their own little thing. This is dope, though, man, this is unique.
Speaker 1: This is all we got, right, it's a lot of dude. We have no factory.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of dudes. Okay, that's my only.
Speaker 1: Just like our audiences, it could mix up.
Speaker 3: Maybe throw a hot female in there.
Speaker 1: You know, we're trying to get We're trying to get someone from some females on here to trying to build our base. We had a bachelorette winter on last week. Yeah, Shan Boos, So we kind of talked about all that stuff. You're getting there, getting there. We want to get this thing running. It doesn't even run.
Speaker 3: I mean, why oh just taking move Well, why here, I'll tell you why you go.
Speaker 1: You go to the Super Bowl media row, you go to the Pro Bowl, and us personally like me the way I kind of like I I like full circle ship. So having you on the bus is fucking awesome to me, right yeah, because I follow your stuff. And so if we have this bus mobile, we're talking like, I'm cool with h Earnhardt because he's a big Dale Earnhart, he's a Redskins fan. It's all over the bus.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Dale Heart.
Speaker 1: You're just kidding. Well, you already said you lost all the name drop bro, because I didn't know the crossfait guys. Yeah, you guys like what the but yeah, sports bro, get this thing mobile. You drive out the fucking him. Do you drive out to your guys spot if like, Yo, we want to go, if we want to cross if we want to go meet those guys, we'll fucking just drive to them. We'll fucking wait outside the goddamn complex and wait till those motherfuckers will come on the bus.
Speaker 3: I dig.
Speaker 1: So it's like we can just go everywhere. We'll go to Pat mccabee's thing. And so that's kind of what we're thinking about.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's different. I absolutely love it. In a million podcasts, it's cool man, one of your favorites. We'll see, we'll see. I'm still shook up with the CrossFit thing.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck dude, but yo, let's I want to talk about the transition you made from fighting. We did already a little bit of podcasting, but in particular I was watching the other day the where you had your loss to whoever.
Speaker 3: It was, Travis Brown.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know where you know where I'm going When you were on Joe Rogan's fucking deal and I'm watching that, I send it the Chandler and I'm like, Yo, could you fucking imagine sitting there and being on Joe Rogan because it seemed like you were it was caught like it wasn't playing.
Speaker 3: Nothing was just not playing.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to know what was inside your fucking head. Uh so on talking about that. I kind of listened to your fighter in the Kid episode where you responded, and I'm like, fuck, I don't really want to hear this because I want to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to listen to it. I forget even what I said.
Speaker 4: I remember, so I got done with the loss, and I remember even during that fight and that I'll get to that. But that's if my thing on this is not happening on Comedy Central. I talk about that fight. That's that's what got.
Speaker 3: Me starting comedy.
Speaker 4: So I'm getting ready to I'm in the back, get ready to fight trash Brown. You know how it is when you're in the back and I don't want to be there.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do it. I tell my coaches, I don't want to do this anymore. Go out there, get my ass.
Speaker 1: We really you told them that, Oh yeah yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, this is it, man.
Speaker 4: But I go out there and make the fucking walk and uh get beat up. Everyone's like they stopped at earlier. I'm like, yeah, that's crazy, thank god.
Speaker 1: And then so uh they got they call it early how boys.
Speaker 3: And then I have to pretend I was mad. I'm like, god, dang it, man, fuck.
Speaker 4: Fuck what am I gonna do? So yeah, so I get down that fight. Uh my my lips busted. I've a black guy.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: Callen goes, hey, man, you want to do a podcast my cot tell people how I'm feeling. And he goes, hey, Brogan called me and uh, he wants to do it with us.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, but don't be mean to me.
Speaker 4: Man, you guys gotta be cool, like I'm not doing well, and Brian's like, dude, you think that anything happened to you.
Speaker 1: And you're not doing cool because you're thinking about your train. You're you're just thinking everything like I don't want to more. Figure podcast doing well, but not that you lost. You're don't you don't really care as much about that.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed that I lost. I'm also embarrassed, like, like, especially podcast the time is doing well, but I wasn't like balling and so it was like, I don't know. I'm a little bit floating. So I'm trying to figure it out. And I'm like, all right, I'm down to do it, but be cool to me, and Brian's like, dude. I then we sit down and it's just like this this intervention, like I'm some druggie and he does not, and I'm looking at count counting the Count's defense. He he was kind of like, oh shit.
Speaker 4: So you know, Brogan based like, dude, the thing it looks harsher than when you watch, like, holy fuck, but Brogan, I A was so close, and Rogan had a friend pass away of I think from drug over there something. He didn't get to talk to him. So Rogan's very black and white like this. Because they knew I could do other stuff even before that fight anything. Brogan and Calen tell me do stand up for the long, like dude, your funniest fuck get an act and start torring.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I'm me doing stand up. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: So they knew I was one foot in, one foot out because I was doing I was making my own merch for firing the kid I was lining up guessed I.
Speaker 3: Was drawing all this stuff.
Speaker 4: I was coming up with ideas like I was doing all this creative stuff and like, there's no he can do that and be a world champion. So that comes out, and I was more embarrassing also. I was embarrassed, and then I was also I didn't say much because if I was said time, I would just start crying because I was so hurt at the time. I was really hurt, so I didn't want to say anything, so it seemed. And then the competitor in me got super upset because I felt like, oh, you guys don't think I can do it, no doubt. I'm gonna cut to two of five. Fuck you guys, no doubt. So then it re fired me up. And two weeks in to come to two of five. Three weeks in, like I woke up one morning and I'm like, what am I doing? Like what am I doing?
Speaker 3: I called Joe and I called Brian and I was like, yeah, I'm done, man, I'm done, and then just started fucking hitting the ground. Was like, we're gonna figure it out, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it really couldn't have worked out better. I mean, I think that's I.
Speaker 2: Think a lot of people are gonna watch that and and I mean I have a ton of respect for for you in that moment, especially me being a fighter, because I know I'm gonna have that conversation is.
Speaker 1: Gonna be had to me, you know most.
Speaker 3: Twelve million people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what my thought was. It's like you're private because you just said, like, okay, the fight ended. You were telling your trainers like, you know, I don't really want to do this much anymore.
Speaker 3: Police knew that, right, I was.
Speaker 1: You go to Rogan and your prize there and you're like I disagree with you, like and then you're fucking fired up again like you.
Speaker 4: Then the fighter gets into me, like if someone's like, dude, you can't come on, you can't play the linebacker, Like hold up, I'm saying I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I can do it. Don't get twisted. I can fucking do it.
Speaker 4: I'm still the top fifteen guy, Like no, no, no, you sucks, Like all right, motherfucker, I suck. All right, let's let's let's see how bad I Then the competitor got out of me, But that was all ego, man.
Speaker 1: And then what was out because you're the word great too, and d what do you mean like I'm top I'm top ten, top fifteen, Like what is the level of great? Because you're like, all great is here and you're here, It's like, what the fuck.
Speaker 4: And then it's also like, you know, Joe Rogan's Joe Rogan, he never fought in the FC, Brian Cowns, Brian Cown, he never fought in the c IF King Alaskaz and France Ghan who came up there like you're just not there, man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: You guys have walked through the fire, so as much as they know what they're talking about, they've also never been in there.
Speaker 2: I thought I saw that no total too, and obviously a ton of respect for Joe, but he said, you know, I've seen thousands of fights and I've called thousands of fights, and obviously.
Speaker 1: The fighter in me is like, but you had never fought in a fight.
Speaker 2: But still you respect the opinions or so than anymore than any there.
Speaker 3: I talked. I talked to probably four people every day besides my girl, my brother, Joe Rogan, Brian Cown, every single day every day, missed so hard every day here.
Speaker 4: So it was just like, yeah, it pissed me off. But then in hindsight, it was the best thing for me.
Speaker 1: The show, because you knew you were on like you know what the this is like a conversation at the at I mean, you know, at my house or something.
Speaker 4: But but but I didn't even think about that way because what happened is it did go live and whatever say like eighty thousand people, one hundred thousand peop watch your life. Rogan was like, man, that was tough. I don't know if we should release this. But because people that wasn't on JR. That was a fighter and the kid, because.
Speaker 3: Rogan wanted to come on fighting, the King goes, let's just do it for my studio. It's easy. It was like a Friday night or something like that. Yeah, so I'm like all right.
Speaker 4: So then they went live and the Rogans like, we don't need to release that, you know if you're embarrassed, And I thought about IM like, no, release it that that's real, that happened.
Speaker 2: Release it, man, And even like as and as I was watching it, because you can see because they didn't put the camera on you that much either, it was all on Joe, you know.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, because I was but it's close to well that's what that's what.
Speaker 1: That's what, that's what the people want to see.
Speaker 2: And hear like, that's why this is so cool And that's why I think this is such an awesome platform that millions of people that saw there was such an awesome platform because you're almost speechless because people can see that the human being inside has that heart and is about to cry and this is his career.
Speaker 1: He's like, yo, yeah, this is is I know stuff here Like yeah, that's the worst show I've ever know. But like Callum, what though, He's like, yeah, you know you said yeah.
Speaker 4: But the thing is is uh that I think that's why I have like this ride and die fan base. Now why it's so important because when you're fighting, people see the countdown shows or the behind the scenes shows and I mean you're getting ready for a fight in your underwear and a steel cage.
Speaker 3: It's intense. Man, So you're you're that guy, but that's not really. I mean, that's one aspect of your life that's not you.
Speaker 4: If they if they interview about the you know, the offensive scheme of the city of the Los Angeles rams, that's a small slizzer. People don't know you. So podcasts they get to know you, man. And then I think with that, people went, oh shit, he's like he's just like us. Man, oh man, he was just like us. Oh fuck, those are his best friends. Tell me he sucks dick. Oh man, he's just like us. And then people followed me through from from They're like, oh, we ride with him.
Speaker 1: Right, because tell me fucking and you don't, you don't just sop about it.
Speaker 2: And that, well, that and that leads me to what you were saying earlier, because I was I wanted to hear this from you, because because Joe was like, you know, you can't be doing you got one.
Speaker 1: Foot out the door.
Speaker 2: You can't be doing this, that and the other thing, and and but you said, but that's what the smart fighters do. And I'm in the camp where I think it's the smartest thing in the world for me to start doing other things outside of just fighting.
Speaker 1: So here's all that's true. Because you don't probably think of yourself because I'm sitting there, I'm kind of resignating because you're what thirty at that time, Yeah, And I'm sitting there. I'm watching because I'm like, yeo, I'm twenty nine going on thirty this year, and You're like, you're you're a one foot out the door guy. You're a you think about other things, you think about life outside of like football. Uh, all these things that account was resonated with me. Like the only difference was he talked about being a fighter, you got to kind of be all in and fighting. So that's where I was, like, fighting.
Speaker 3: It's a little different. Yeah, but how long did you play football for? Since you're a child?
Speaker 1: Since I was second grade?
Speaker 4: Me too, Me too, right, So it's a little different because you know that you're you're in shape, your body's right, there's a season. There's no season in fighting. And then also I didn't start finding I was twenty four, so I'm behind the eight ball already. The guy and the difference between you and me, like, uh, world champion, you're Hall of Famer, you know. So it's like you've had your career, man, whatever you decided to do. Now you're set, like there's no one can sit down, Like, I don't know, man, I don't know if this for you. You're not top of echelon. You're like, well, no, it's world champion, mother, what are you talking about? So it's a little different. You know what I'm saying, so now if you want to do it, you can do whatever fuck you want. Now you've you've checked those boxes. I didn't check those boxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean yeah, I just I look at what you have done, what what other people are doing, and I just think there's more, there's more to it.
Speaker 1: But it's hard though, because you do have to you have to be fully focused.
Speaker 2: But I think you can be fully focused in seasons for twelve weeks.
Speaker 4: It's tough because who's the who's the best one fifty five around the planet right now?
Speaker 3: Could be? Could be you think Kabebe's worried about podcasting or selling merch. No, he's wrestling Grizzly. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's there's certain like if you're in, if you're not hunt Man, to be the best I especially in fighting, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So so your so your answer was that's what smart fighters do. So was that was that more? You know the sad Brendan.
Speaker 3: I do think it's what smart fighters do.
Speaker 4: But the other thing is is that's the smartest thing for Kabeb to do because Kabibe can't do this. Kabib can't go tonight do two hours of standards and make people. He has no other options, so he better put all his fucking energy and folks on that because that's how he's gonna make it a Cojekka stand where the fuck he's at, right, So he has to do that, and he's the best in the world at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he but he's also gonna be compensated for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's the smartest move for it wasn't smart. I was making I don't know, forty g's get beating up these fucking heavyweights with titties.
Speaker 3: It's like awful, man too.
Speaker 2: It's almost having, you know, having having gifts outside of just athletics.
Speaker 1: You start to see and realize you can do other.
Speaker 2: Things and not to mention when you start thinking about the impact that you can make on the world and how big your platform can be and then it can increase your bank account all that.
Speaker 4: But also like I've never like I think guys and you know how, like especially guys in the locker room, like all they they just labeled themselves is football players.
Speaker 3: Like all they know is football, whether they want to admit it or not to, but that's that's their Like that's their ego. Where man, their whole identity is football. Dude, that is such a small percentage of your life. The average NFL christ three and a half years. Dude, three and a half years. I played baseball, went for four years. I don't associate myself as a baseball player. So these guys just they they're football or nothing. No, dude, that's such a all right, So you're play in the NFL for four years? Cool man, what else are you gonna do? It's like that's just a stop. Yeah, and that's not the end of the destination.
Speaker 1: That's a scary part too. Not scary, but like when you're thinking, Okay, I'm gonna start transitioning, what am I gonna think about me? Like when I'm getting them off seasons more, when I'm twenty eight, twenty nine, Like this pass off season and I'm thinking, you know, what are other things I need to get into? Because you think to yourself, yo, I've just fucking played ball since second grade. I was a five year player at Nebraska. So I was twenty three when I got in the league. I'm playing in the league right now, six years. I went twenty three years of my life to prepare for one dream and like one career that is gonna last six years. Its insane, and it seems like my whole life has been a long fucking time. But I'm not even thirty yet and we're gonna live. Yeah, so much living hopefully you know, however long.
Speaker 4: But you got so much living do. But also but also like kid, like especially these days, we got your degree, no one really gives a fuck. It's all about the networking. So if you go to see, you're hoping somewhere when you get a job, someone in the alumni USC hooked up the NFL.
Speaker 3: Dude, that network. No one has more power than a lot of those guys who're retired, and so that's all you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a small.
Speaker 4: Sliver of your identity. But guys get so caught up in it, like with the fighters, how they want to be tough on the streets, like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when it's over, it's fucking rough. It's it's rough.
Speaker 2: And it also what I will say too, is is it's an awesome opportunity to take a hold of because if you do it right, six years could be millions and millions of dollars. You're right that that would take somebody twenty years to do, for sure. And that's kind of the way I've I've looked at my opportunity with fighting, and I even now being in the sport for ten years, I look at some of these guys' careers and realize how truly blessed and lucky I am to be in this sport competing.
Speaker 1: You've been for this long and.
Speaker 2: Feel as good as I feel, And I think the best thing to do is start fighting at twenty two, twenty three, twenty four years.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 2: You know some of these guys who start young, it's you can only take so much damage, Aaron Pakoman, dude, you can only.
Speaker 1: Take some I mean, look at Eddie.
Speaker 2: You know Eddie started fighting he was yeah, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years old and had been getting dropped forever.
Speaker 1: And I mean you brought up our lobsky. I literally just watched the fuck Or Fight last weekend.
Speaker 3: Still doing the damn thing. Roth Well, I thought, both guys, Yeah, what what night was that? Was that? What night was that? Jay? I think I was? I was I was going on stage while those big boys were fighting. How funny is that?
Speaker 4: I thought both of them, they're fighting and I'm not even trying to toot my own.
Speaker 3: Horn or back here. I made more than they did off that was about to I was about to say that, but I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure. But I mean it's and it's true.
Speaker 2: I mean that's capture attention, get out, get out before everyone says you should.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing that you gotta skills like you got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, and not everybody has that. I think guys need to just dabble in stuff to know that they have interests in other areas because when it is over and say, like guys are retired right now and they don't even know it. Correct Like in our bio it's like will Count the friegent retired and doesn't know it. Just to be fucking funny. But I could be trained all year long and I picked up. I'm gonna get a call and get a call. I'm gonna get a call training in the next year, all get picked up, and those guys don't realize, like, yo, you're the b Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Picking over all good all right, cool man, Yeah you're gonna be fine, Like you're gonna be feah you know.
Speaker 1: I feel great, but you guys need to guys need to think about that ship. And that's that's what I hate.
Speaker 3: Well, not everyone has Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: One has Joe Rogan, Right, Oh are you you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Like like for for him to sit down with you, like, hey, it's over. Yeah, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, you gotta hang it up.
Speaker 3: You think there's no NFL Joe Rogan. I don't know. Well, I get it.
Speaker 4: They're kind of is the head coach goes, no, we don't watch you man. Yeah, but guys like I'll just bounce around the next team. It's like he made it pretty clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what a fucking the arena league? Didn't you try that?
Speaker 3: I did? It was miss dude.
Speaker 1: You know how, I had a couple buddies due.
Speaker 3: I drive to you Tah. My brother's actually with me.
Speaker 4: I drive to Utah and I was too sixty two at the time, and they're like, what can we do to get.
Speaker 3: You to three hundred pounds? And I was like, excuse me, Like what going to to keep still? The towns Like I don't know how much you're paying me, like twenty seven thousand dollars a year and You're probably gonna have to get a second job and you can play arena football and salt lean your utah a check plays. I'm out, I'm out. I drove.
Speaker 4: I was there for three days and it was like, this isn't this wasn't the dream I had as a child.
Speaker 3: I'll figure something else out and I don't want to be three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Guys do that though, and that was before you started training started fighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's heartbreaking, man. That Arena league is.
Speaker 1: Like I had a couple buddies and they just got they would get done. This was years ago. They got done playing their arena game and they're like coming out with us and it's one of them, like got injured, So yo, how are you gonna take do your injury? Like do you guys have like a medical team or other. They're like compto man, like they don't know nothing. Like I'm in bed with just ice on my.
Speaker 3: Fucking time to give up the dream? Fellas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you make more money at Starbucks. Yeah, those guys even in that was a aa fl those guys when that business tanked this past year, guys were getting cut. Let go. My boy was in the hotel. They were getting ready to go to a game or practice or something like, hey man, we lost all our money. Like it's over.
Speaker 3: It's time to move on though, you know. Yeah, like if you're not in the NFL, it's time to move on. Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Well that's well, and that's when it would be conventional wisdom would tell you have something ready and.
Speaker 3: Go whatever you want, just do it, Just do it.
Speaker 4: It's tough if like you, you're well, you have a family, but you're kind of set because you're you're fighting legacy.
Speaker 3: And then with you, you don't have kids or anything, so for you, it's even easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a different animal, Yeah you have I have a three year old.
Speaker 3: No, you got one dude in November?
Speaker 1: Another boy a boy? Yeah, nice boys, man, congrats.
Speaker 3: On that, thanks man. Lebron James, the Lebron James three, three year old. Yeah, that's kind of it tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's kind of how my son is right now.
Speaker 2: Every every time I post a picture, people are thinking, holy because he's adopted.
Speaker 3: Oh he's adopted, but yeah, much bigger.
Speaker 1: What kind of adoption you went with? The blind side adoption where you just you tied them in the forty hop in the bag. But yeah, did you go to the orphan?
Speaker 3: You're like, can can we just go up? Maybe play a pickup game real quick.
Speaker 4: Before I like, why, uh, don't worry about the Asian kids.
Speaker 3: No, let's just stop. Let's just get over here fellas. Yeah, I'll take Miguel. You'll take Miguel. No, he's fine. I'll take Steve get out here, Steve get out here.
Speaker 1: What's his name? I wanted to interview him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take Torell and Tyrone please bought them fill Lebron James a three year old?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, got that's how it goes. Lebron James, three year old. And my kid's a beast man. He's just he's just bigger than everyone.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, so you got to you gotta make sure.
Speaker 2: You got to make sure he's not, you know, doing stuff that he should pushing kids over and that kind of stuff, because he's gonna be bigger than everyone else.
Speaker 4: Now you got to make sure he's No, he's not that kid man exact. The teacher was like, man, I wish you'd.
Speaker 3: Be more like like, if a kid comes up and takes his toys, cool with it. I'm like no, I like that about him. Man like, well, he needs to make sure he fights for its IM, that'll be cool. And then I remember the he.
Speaker 4: Goes like this this kind of ritzy school where there's like celebrity kids there and they call me and they're like when you talk to you And this is when he was fucking two, and they're like, you know, his his he's a.
Speaker 3: Little behind on language, to be His English is a little behind him. Like oh, really, well have you spoke Spanish to him? She's like excuse me, I'm like he's bilingual, bitch. Yeah, so so he speaks two languages, so he might be a little behind an English. Try a Spanish, bitch.
Speaker 1: In his mind, he's thinking you're a little behind in the Spanish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he's thinking.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 3: Language speak one language. And yeah.
Speaker 4: The other thing is I go, let me guess. So you have a speech therapist you want me to put them with? She's like yes, Like get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Rolling in the podcast Celebrity Buddies.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you want you, But there's there's just different levels in LA. It's insane. Parents are crazy. The teachers are crazy. So it's like, you know, certain kids motor skills are here, and then certain kids cerebral skills are here.
Speaker 3: But they're fucking two and three and.
Speaker 1: They're probably like judging the ship out of all their skills.
Speaker 3: Oh hold up, well I have to go. This is in two weeks. I have to go on like a like a tour of schools already for elementary and middle schools. It's so competitive, man, crazy really Yeah, thank god he's half Mexican. We should be all.
Speaker 1: Righty there you go, yo. Comedy, Yes, how in the fuck do you prepare for comedy when you made your transition and you're like, how in the fuck am I going to be a comic? Boys, Like, obviously you have great mentors with Joe yeah and Brian Yeah, and they I'm sure they taught you a lot of stuff, but not really yeah, like come on, step no they you guys like this is all you got, here's the.
Speaker 4: Thing, and you like there's not really like the one can be like hey, dude, like there's no either you got it you don't. And I've been fortunate because through over ten thousand hours of podcasting keeping up with Brian Cown who's one of the best comics in the world. Then doing podcast THEO Vaughn, Like you got to be on your ship, man, So just being on the mic and come up with stories, and like I get a lot of practice from this of just verbally kind of going being funny and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So the podcast and helped me and then just just doing it. Like I again, I took my the work ethic I had in football fighting brought over to comedy. And you know, I work at work ninety percent of the community.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, do you like you take time sitting all right? You take time sitting down and prepping shit like that, right transitions? Like I saw something. I think it might have been like a behind the mic. Yeah with you guys. You guys are fucking all sitting down and then you go play horse or whatever. Yeah, you guys sit there and talk about like not necessarily strategy, but.
Speaker 4: Like like I'll have a store, like you guys come to show night, like I have a bit on my potty training my son. So it was such a beast and I'm like, there has to be something that people are going to relate to this.
Speaker 3: This is funny, man.
Speaker 4: So then I'll tell them like, hey, I'm thinking of doing this this, and then we'll just start punching it up and then I'll try it, you know in the belly room at the comedy store, at the improv I'll get some laughs and then it just becomes this rolling like it's like a little snowball then comes into this fucking monster.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's relatable too, that's what everybody wants to do.
Speaker 4: It's relatable, but you know, but it's it fits with the narrative on Matt right. Because my first Showtime special, I couldn't wait to get rid of that thing because a lot of it was fight heavy, like how I got there from fighting and the from you know you can watch on this not happening it coming to YouTube now, but that bulk of the story I went from fighting to stand up. That's that was the kind of the stone of the special. Well I got rid of that and now I have all new ship, which is fun and exciting for me.
Speaker 3: It's my life with my.
Speaker 4: Kid, my girl, being Mexican, my dad, you know, taking drugs like it's stuff that that I'm that I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So it's fun.
Speaker 1: So like behind like behind the scenes type stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's it's it's stuff like like comeding comedian ship, you know, like real life talking.
Speaker 3: I love it, man, I love it.
Speaker 1: That's dope. So all the stuff you're doing now, it's not this stuff from all.
Speaker 3: Completely completely new Hour. Yeah.
Speaker 4: As soon as I shot that hour in January, came out in May, but by see Jenny Free by March, I had at least thirty minutes of New Ship and is I I don't believe in comics are different. I don't believe in going and shooting a special and then doing the same bits.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I think once people have seen that, you need to come up, gets out there to go watch, especially me as a as a guy who's younger, like new to comedy, like you better be coming with it, man, like you better spend fire man.
Speaker 1: I agree with that too, because I was huge. I mean I still am, but not as much as I was in college. I was fucking love to Daniel Comedy and I went and saw him when he was in Omaha and he had a lot of the some of the recycled stuff that I had listened to, and I was fucking a little bummed.
Speaker 3: It bumps me out as because I was a fan of comedy for anything. And if I see a comic.
Speaker 4: And he's doing the same stuff, it's like, especially now as a comic, I'm like, oh, you're not working, dude.
Speaker 3: You know you're you're breaking up the old hits. Yeah, No, this isn't music. Like if I go see Ero Smith, give me the fucking hits.
Speaker 4: Don't give me your new ship. Give me the hits, Tommy Different. I don't want the hits. Man, I don't see that ship.
Speaker 1: Because you've seen it.
Speaker 3: I've already seen it. I know where I'm supposed to laugh. Give me the new ship, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'vehiped you up to all my friends. A fucking we got a crew of us here. Give me something new. Yeah, I mean, is there ah?
Speaker 2: And and with that is there is there new pressure to keep doing more and more and more and you're writing more.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The only pressure I feel is from and it's my own It's it's in my own head. The only pressure I feel is from really other comics. I'm just trying to to feel like I'm part of the squad, especially at the comedy store. I mean, you're talking about the best of the best in the Hall of Fame. You want to prove you belong there. The only way you do that is by writing really really good jokes.
Speaker 1: And then and then with their is their camaraderie, Is their competition?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there's I think there's there's competition, but it's not like football where it's like I'm gonna take your fucking spot.
Speaker 3: It's competition like, oh, he just crushed. I know, I gotta crush. It's cool.
Speaker 4: So, but the team aspect that I miss in fighting and in football, I get at the comedy store with the other comic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're there all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm there all the time. You're hanging out like everyone. We're all we're all going through the same race, like everyone's in the same same with the football team. That chemistry, everyone has that chemistry. Even though comedy's individual, you're all you all know exactly what you're going through exactly.
Speaker 3: Everyone they can relate to you.
Speaker 1: Man, it's great, it's stop dude. You do you have any like weird vibes around comics? Who because you got started faster than any again, is that ever weird when you're around like, uh, probably not anymore. But in the beginning you're sitting in those rooms or you're around I just think you have a guy like man, unless you were like with Joe or somebody that you knew that you know, you were kinda either follow or introduce. I don't know how all that stuff works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, especially when I first started. I think now, even if they're like, what the fuck? You got a special doing comedy in three years for Showtime, there's guys that have been doing for twenty years. Yeah, I expected that, and that's I deserve that, specially after three years.
Speaker 3: Is that's stupid.
Speaker 4: There's no one should ever give me that special worked out and it's great for Showtime and me, but it's silly, man. So I think people were just like, what the fuck? But they see the work I put in, so they can't hate on that. They're like, oh, no, he wants to be he's trying to be legit, he's one of us.
Speaker 3: I'm on the road more than.
Speaker 4: Damn near anyone. I'm doing sets in La NonStop. I did four sets the other night, Like I'm hustling, man, So they can they appreciate it because I'm not. I'm not trying to be Jeremy Piven or Charlie Sheen. I'm like, look, I'm from this show. Check it out, and then they don't have any material. No, I got material, man, this is what this is my passion, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: That's and you grew up wanting to be a comedian.
Speaker 3: Stateury Night Live. That was my ship.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to do the host right, you want to host it.
Speaker 3: I still think I can eventually, still think I can get there.
Speaker 1: Jimmy bow Right, it's wait. No, he's the Tonight show.
Speaker 3: But he was a SIEN Live alumni, one of the greats. He's hilarious, but that'd be sick. I know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many people are watching these days, but still it'd still be Yeah. That's when I know I'd be doing something right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, being a host for a why uh so in your opinion, because I I was a huge Saturday Night Live guy growing up.
Speaker 1: So you feel like that is falling off. Saturday Night Live is fining.
Speaker 3: People are just TV shows in general funk out. Yeah, they're streaming, and this is true.
Speaker 4: And what people are doing is like Jimmy Fallon and the best of James Cornet is no one's really tuning into those late night spots like before. You know, like there's Johnny Carson where if you're a stand up you got four minutes on Carson. You killed it, dude, you had a career, you were fucking your movie offers, TV stand up sold out shows.
Speaker 3: There's nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Now, no one's really watching. So now James Corn, Jimmy Fallon, and Jimmy Kimball, they're all doing stuff to go viral the next morning.
Speaker 3: So they shoot it.
Speaker 4: And maybe two hundred thousand people watch it, but the next morning they're going, you.
Speaker 3: Know, on YouTube, and that's where it goes viral. Yeah, so no one's really sitting down watching Senate Life. You might get bits on there, but.
Speaker 1: No one's really tuning it in social media. Still.
Speaker 3: To me, I don't give fuck it. Four people are watching, that would be a feather in my cap.
Speaker 1: Man being the host of SNL, Yeah, that's the play. That'd be sick, dude. Talk about your boy, Callen. How did you guys meet and how does that relationship, how did that relationship grow? And though like what it is because obviously you guys have great chemistry. Yeah, but again, like you didn't know him before you got I don't tell me about how you guys met.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was a coach on The Ultimate Fighter fourteen and Brian was a friend of Natemark Carts, who was also a fighter, and they brought Brian in to make.
Speaker 3: The kids laugh.
Speaker 4: And that was in Vegas, and it just so happened that following week I was gonna move to La. I knew no when I sold all my stuff moved to LA and Brian and I became friends.
Speaker 3: On the set. Just I had no idea who he was, no idea. He was just funny.
Speaker 4: And he gave me his number and I drove to La and he was the only number I had on my phone and I was super lonely. It was a came anywhere meet for coffee. Yeah, And he was like, yep, because he loves fighting. He's obsessed with like dudes and fighting somber.
Speaker 3: He's a fifty one year old day man and then he's obsessed with this big gay out. So yeah.
Speaker 4: So we met for off and then started doing the podcast Man, which had this weird chemistry.
Speaker 1: So when you did all your training for fighting, you trained in Vegas.
Speaker 3: No, I was just there for The Ultimate Fighter. I was literally just doing coaching.
Speaker 1: So where did you do all your training?
Speaker 3: In? LA?
Speaker 4: Well, Denver for most of my career, and then I moved to LA after I lost Ben Rothwall. I just was like, well, this ain't working for me in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Sold all my ship, moved LA, didn't know anyone, started training with Mark Munos and then that was the smartest move I ever did, not because of fighting, but because of entertainment. Yeah, dude, Yeah, Muna is the best.
Speaker 1: So was Callen? Like? Was he U? Was he crushing? Yet when you guys were what.
Speaker 4: He should be giving me ten percent royalty of telling tickets? Heself he was selling seventy tickets.
Speaker 3: I came along.
Speaker 4: I knew him as like the hangover guy. Everyone did, Yeah, everyone does. He's he's one of the best comedians in the world. He wasn't selling tickets. Then, you know, both of us, we're kind of you know and yang man, we're both we're perfect for each other, and we have that We had that vehicle, the podcast, and you know, him on his own isn't great, Me and my own isn't great. But together, man, we have this weird chemistry and that's kind of what.
Speaker 3: But he's a phenomenal actor.
Speaker 4: Right, so he's on the Goldbergs and he has a spin off of school, so he's doing that. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, we're both fortunate.
Speaker 3: For each other. I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say that. Are you guys ever all going to go on tour together?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 1: Are you fucking you? And all the fucking boys.
Speaker 4: Like Ceo, Roguan Diaz, Chryscher Segura be the best show I remember?
Speaker 1: Remember the one with Jeff Foxworthy and the Blue Collar Tour. Yeah, that was like something like that.
Speaker 3: Everyone blew up from that.
Speaker 1: Ron White dude, I saw him in Nashville when the spot is downtown and drink hilarious.
Speaker 3: Is great. The problem with all of us good, we did do a thing a theater in Phoenix is THEO. R. Shafir, Big Jay Callan and myself is five of us. Two shows. That was fun. You know what the problem is is because you just have to figure out the payment structure because if all those guys talking about headlining comics, so I think, I don't give a fuck about the money. I want it for the experience.
Speaker 2: But you know, when is the newer guy coming up to of course those guys think that well, of.
Speaker 4: Course, yeah, but signing that because I can I can sell, I can't sell, and they tickets Rogan or these other guys together, you know, I don't know the problem is the dynamics of figuring out who deserves one.
Speaker 1: The ticket price would have to go way up correct.
Speaker 4: Get people there, because but also you'd have to got to remember if we all, if we're on tour together, you'd have to stop doing what you're doing on your own.
Speaker 3: It's it's so tough to Brogan, is it? This weekend him and Chappelle are torn together? Oh? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be sick. That would be sick. If you guys can have that ship captured when you guys are like fucking fifty or sixty years, that's what I look like.
Speaker 4: Because everyone's set financially like everyone's rich. Yeah, so just do it so we can film it. Like let's say everyone did twenty minutes, like twenty epic mints and then film that and release that.
Speaker 3: That would be sick. And you got boys, anyone can burn twenty minutes, you'd be good man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you guys are looking back on it, like you look at the what the fuck we did?
Speaker 4: And made THEO wants to make a movie with all It's like a buddy really.
Speaker 1: Where you like, uh, like all of our crew with Chriss Rock and uh David's made and oh you're talking about grown ups, grown upbout.
Speaker 3: Like yeah like that but good yeah like that but yeah, just like that, but really good, good movie just like that. But not all of us are out of shape, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Dude? That was that would be awesome? Yeah? Would you be the uh what's his fucking name? Would you be? Uh? I don't know, Kevin? Would you be Kevin?
Speaker 3: Kevin Joe's guys?
Speaker 1: No? I mean you talk with you're just talking about your You're heavier now what it was? You talk, you talk, you texted the boys? But what are you at now? You did keto for probably what days now? Bro? Day?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: I'm down eight pounds. I'm sweating like him, up.
Speaker 1: A pound a day. We're all Fuck, that's what happened, dude.
Speaker 3: I gotta get down to two thirty five by October?
Speaker 1: Is there a bet? Well? Why do you gotta get down to a grand?
Speaker 3: Callum?
Speaker 4: Bet me a grand I couldn't do it. I'm like all right, I'm gonna do it. I need to lose weight anyways, but now I just have to do it.
Speaker 1: Two thirty five?
Speaker 3: What do you weigh?
Speaker 1: Two thirty How tall are you? Six six two? Matt six two? Oh't you fucking disrespect me? Back there?
Speaker 3: What's the heaviest? What's the heaviest you've ever been?
Speaker 1: Thirty seven? I've never been like the biggest.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not part of this thick life. You ain't on board.
Speaker 1: This is I could get it. And my dad he's got a nice little fucking table on his beer. He laid a kid fucking set of beer there. And that's yeah. I got the gene and me to be heavy from here because that's what I get. I get the muffin top and the bottom tire me.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, I'm having that either.
Speaker 1: It's rough, dude.
Speaker 4: I took my family to Hawaii and we were out in the ocean. I was looking at the dad's like, oh damn, I'm the fattest one here. I needn't step my game up, man. So there's that. And then I got a kid coming in November, and you know, you take the epic picture with your son. I don't be fucking Ralphie May holding my fucking kids.
Speaker 3: You're fat as ship. So I got trying to use your kid to like guard my stomach and my tits are in his face.
Speaker 4: And then my kid sees that when he's like twenty, My god, dad that I want to be like, Oh, dad was Superman.
Speaker 1: That's what you weren't fighting at this time? Were your dad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason why I'm doing it. That's really and my dad body shame me. We're my pool? Should I have a pool?
Speaker 1: And were pot say if it's ground?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're ground ground.
Speaker 1: No, not that bullshit, that's a Missouri poo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're my pool.
Speaker 4: And my dad hadn't seen me in a while, and our shirts are off, and my dad looks here and goes, I could.
Speaker 3: Feel his eyes on me and goes, you're still working out of what? He goes, you still work out about?
Speaker 4: And I go, yeah, every day, goes huh, wow, it works though I haven't had a carb since what's up?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 1: Fuck you fucking step brothers. You haven't had a carb since thirteen? You want to touch this ship?
Speaker 3: That's me now, dude, that's me. We just went and ate what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Barbecue? Place do we eat at.
Speaker 1: At least peg leg leg porker the highest one. Yelp, that's what you guys went with.
Speaker 3: It's kind of weak. I'm gonna be honest, fellas I've had all over.
Speaker 1: That place was weak. What did you get? What you get? So?
Speaker 4: I can't have barbecue, sauce or carbs, So I just had the dry rub ribs.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a dry rub rib guy.
Speaker 3: I need.
Speaker 1: I'm a sauce guy. I know you can't have sauce.
Speaker 3: I can have like the vinegar, like Carolina vinegar sauce because there's no sugar. Oh yeah, yeah, but that peg leg was kind of weak, man, it really was.
Speaker 1: I hate that we're doing this too, because it is known in Nashville. It's the number one spot rated Nashville.
Speaker 3: Get off peg Legs, nuts and get off Johnny Cash Nuts. Move on.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to get move on.
Speaker 3: There are so many billboards for him. Get over, Johnny Cash Museum, Johnny Cash Restaurant, Johnny Cash Merch.
Speaker 1: It's over now, the Johnny Cash museums. Like the size of this bus, dude, it's really nothing.
Speaker 3: Just get out of my face with Johnny Cash man. I know it's not this comes out. I'm gonna be gone, so I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh ship are you doing? Are you gonna try to do anything? Nashvillian, drink some whiskey.
Speaker 3: That's about it, man, I'm a whiskey guy, big guy.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Buffalo Trace by far Buffalo Trace, Blantons.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fuck's in there?
Speaker 3: Proof problems around. Where did we go last night?
Speaker 1: That was dope.
Speaker 3: I felt like a vampire. But it's cool.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a speakeasy Patterson House. Yeah really, But here's the thing. People can't talk to you.
Speaker 3: You know that. It's like a rule no funk either it's dope.
Speaker 1: You haven't been there. I have not. You guys come to the earlier late show seven. I want to be fresh, dude. I want your fucking best. I want when you want, when you're ready to go. You're not repeating nothing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Or is it better after after you've had am I saw the look on his face. They're both good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying we can know the Patterson House after and like not see each other in the dark.
Speaker 1: Just it's there.
Speaker 3: It's so fucking dark, and I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a cool spot.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a cool spot. You guys are going you guys are going on to night too, right, dB, Man, I can't wait to fucking see dB. Hey, where's wear a chain? This is all I got?
Speaker 4: Bigger's dude. There's also a lot of King Baby. I see billboards for king Baby the jewelry too.
Speaker 3: That feels a weird. Yeah, it's a weird john Johnny Cash, King Baby and barbecue. There's a lot of that's get off Dolly Pardons titties, that is, dude. Find other people that celebrate. Man, we did well. Now he's think. Do you think Johnny Cash get a record deal in twenty nineteen? No? You ever heard his chops? Not great? This guy looks pissed, are you Johnny Cash? Man? He's shruck.
Speaker 1: He's like like this mother, he's actually tearing up right now. Hey, I'm a Johnny fucking God's gonna cut you down. That song will get me hype fucking anywhere. They're not me, man, you don't like nothing, Johnny Cash.
Speaker 3: I like the movie Walking Tall with a Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good movie. I'm with that. But you're just like you're just like, yeah, I'm over there.
Speaker 3: He's all right, he's all right, he's chased that little june bug. Run what's up? Oh no, no, that movie's good walk.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he said walking. Yeah it was good man.
Speaker 3: Hey, but also doesn't matter. It's Johnny Cash.
Speaker 1: Oh funny dude. Yeah, we got anything else? Man, Yo, we got.
Speaker 3: Set natal on fire? You did? Yeah, We're We're over like you. Everyone's all I think we should get him out of here.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and cut out the last ten percentage of Nashville that listens to this pod. They need to know though, You know what I mean, It's not like I was born and raised here, like I'm just somebody fucking grew up in Missouri, went to Nebraska's other places.
Speaker 3: You got top golf here, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, I got a little hype. What do do you feel about top golf?
Speaker 3: It's all right, man, you know I was there in Cincinnati a little overrated.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm hating right now. Your barbecue fucked me up, man, and now I'm hating on things. It was all right, like after the first.
Speaker 1: You really you're really on your Deliya's ship right now, I know, just shipping on it.
Speaker 3: I know, no, I see. And but here's the thing. I love Nashville.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, get with you that nineteen Yeah, they get some drop the ship man.
Speaker 3: What's up with little nas X? Why didn't he have a museum? What's up?
Speaker 1: Billy Ray's probably trying to get.
Speaker 4: One horses in the front, horses in the bat that's all he's been. How pissed was Nashville that little Oh that's country? Let me try it out.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, I suck cock.
Speaker 1: I just took them by just on fire, took them by storm, dude, number one song for nobody. They didn't want to make them a country guy. They get to Billy Ray and like, okay, now it's country even then.
Speaker 4: But all the white people that's were like, that's not It's like very cool, Hey, Billy Ray, you want to jump on this thing? And then you best biggest country song of all time. And then we got there and went, yeah you guys like that right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gay as fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get fucked.
Speaker 3: How great is that?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, that's your celebrate that, celebrate it, you know, we do. They got a little priparade this week. Yeah, they got they got you know, they waved the stuff.
Speaker 3: They do this, not in not in Johnny Cashville. They did it. They know they did it.
Speaker 1: They probably got a lot of restaurants like, hey, you can't come on this block.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is opened your mind a little Nashville, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think it's get it's getting there on not a level of fucking Cali, But I'm the stance of what Nashville and people in the fucking Midwest and stuff kind of came from to where it's kind of going a little bit because I grew up in the fucking sticks of Missouri.
Speaker 3: Super racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of you know, the rebel flags getting waved. Not like I mean, I don't want to shoot on my hometown, but you know, when you go and play, you're in different locker rooms and you kind of see d C and ship like that. You see things coming along. You know, they're moving moving a little bit.
Speaker 3: I feel like La Man in l A.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's ship. There's like there's like ten genders out there in l A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a beast man.
Speaker 1: Yeahs you gotta navigate.
Speaker 3: You gotta navigate. I'm trying to navigate through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: It's just sick. Yeah, yeah, I'm hype.
Speaker 4: I feel like my entire career but whatever, only in Nashville, Only in Nashville, Only in Nashville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, naturally, you know Johnny Cash sucks. You know said.
Speaker 1: Career. Find another one, that's right, dude. So it's just a stepping stone.
Speaker 4: Try to ruin my career, bounce off something else. I'm like little nas acts of comedy.
Speaker 3: What's up? Not your gay?
Speaker 1: Not gay? You're gonna be the greeter at the at the Johnny Cash Museum.
Speaker 3: There's a good chance. Now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, got your community service this juice, you got anything talk about Charles Manson, Go ahead, juice. I know I took the mic from you early. I didn't mean to do that. Charles man that Once upon a Time in Hollywood, you're a big fan. You're a big fan of that.
Speaker 3: I'm a big Charlie fan.
Speaker 4: They're like, this guy's the worst, hates Johnny Cash but likes Charles Manson.
Speaker 3: Hear me out here. Uh yeah, I love Once upon a Time in Hollywood. I loved him.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that. Yeah, I saw his documentary. Though.
Speaker 4: I like the sixties, like Hollywood and the sixties. My ship, I just left the culture.
Speaker 3: I like the fashion, the cars, the girls, condoms, what are we talking about? Drugs?
Speaker 4: Think it was a good time. But I thought Quentin Tarantino. When I watched it, I was there a lot of people were bored.
Speaker 3: I was fascinated with like just the way it was shot and the wardrobe and everything, like I'm into that with Ship, and then I was I got done.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was all right, and then I woke them next onr I'm like, God, that movie is fucking dope. Then by the second day, I'm like, that might be the best movee I've ever seen. Like it's a slow simmer, but if you're going in thinking it's gonna be Charles Manson and the Manson family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost three hours long.
Speaker 3: See I wish it was six hours long.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I like, I can't wait to see it. I mean it's I'm bossed.
Speaker 3: Even the Charles Manson stuff. I like all that, like Laurel can and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: What was that? What was that a movie? What was that movie out about the Charles Manson where they follow those women who were in prison, they're trying to they're reflecting back on their times with Charles.
Speaker 3: But was it a movie or was it a document documentary? Documentary? Well, I forget those bitches are.
Speaker 1: Crazy, dude. That ship was fucking nuts, dude.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. Those girls that commit the Sharon tape, they were like seventeen and nineteen, like they were young man brainwashed.
Speaker 1: We can't I Hey, his mic isn't working. I can't hear his mike.
Speaker 3: One of them got green lighted for a parole like yesterday.
Speaker 6: Oh someone, Yeah, I know rights, Like I'm trying to get the herd to like switch it around and like not.
Speaker 1: One of those chicks that killed the lady that was pregnant.
Speaker 4: It was such a vicious mark. Here's the other thing about Charles Manson. They call him a serial killer.
Speaker 3: Never killed anyone. There's no documentation he ever killed it. He talked to people about killing.
Speaker 6: People's crazy, and he was trying to be a rock star, trying to get in with the Beach Boys, and some skills he has some You can listen to his music, like he had some tracks the Beach Boys like swore by him.
Speaker 4: He was in with Neil Young like that. He fucking was riding dying with the big big wigs and Laura Kenyon Hollywood at the time, and then it didn't end up working out, and then that's when he went all crazy.
Speaker 3: But dude, he had so many bitches.
Speaker 1: That's what's crazy to me is how he fucking cut them off from everything and they just thought he was the fucking next coming of whatever was. Here's the in prison saying, you know, I'm still I can't do that because that's gonna affect what I believe in the world's gonna end, because all that racial ship going. You know, we can't do that.
Speaker 3: Peep this Charles Manson was five to three. Did you know that? What I ty ty be?
Speaker 1: Keeping people in line? At five foot three?
Speaker 4: Dude, he would stand, he would stand on a chair. How stand on a chair? Yeah, hold, stand on a chair and yell at him. And even even when like when they when he was in prison, when you do interviews.
Speaker 3: He had to be on a stool higher than everybody in order to talk to crazy dude.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, I got my black belt in Charles Manson got there, you go, that's just stuff I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime hit me up, man, get my number, comic can help man let me know. I come to LA will get you guys on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get uh, we get this bus rolling, we'll fucking be out there be knocking on the doors. I actually I was trying to get on because I was seen if he was coming to Nashville. I saw you were and you're red by c A A. I don't know how fucking red by c A A you are, but I texted my agents.
Speaker 3: Yeah they sent an email.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah, so Taylor's agent, Yeah, set my comedy agent email. He's like, hey, man, I checked this out any interest. But then I was like baby, yeah, but your Twitter. That's when I saw everyone blasphemy the other night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then and then Chandler text me. It was like, yo, we're doing yeah video.
Speaker 1: He was like, you want to shoot him something? Fuck you let's go man. Because I tried DM and fucking THEO still hadn't seen it. THEO. If you're fucking you know, for the love of God, at least respond and laugh or make fun of me or something. You don't have tittiesna respond, but uh, but yeah, then he fucking hooked it up, dude, and look at us now, full fucking circle.
Speaker 3: Let's start our own bus.
Speaker 1: Man. Hey, come on, you're busting with the boys. I told him, like, I get like so into this. It's like, Yo, why does it? Why don't we get like a couple guys on every fucking NFL team. We get him a bus, we get him some production, and we fucking your bust of the boys on every team and.
Speaker 3: The because then he got thirty one podcast to listen to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have to listen to him. I just want to set it up. I just want to make the deal work. You want to be the Roger Goodell? Yeah, yeah, Yeah, I want to make it work.
Speaker 3: I feel you. It's not bad.
Speaker 1: You have to do a collective bargaining agreement. Yeah, you never know. I don't know. I'm fucking we're always trying to think of some ship.
Speaker 3: That I did get though. Man, however I can help let me know. Yeah, I appreciate you, brother, Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Drop the fucking hoop, Juicy,