Speaker 1: All right, news round up, Information overload hour. Here's a toll free telephone number you want to be a part of the program at eight hundred ninety four one Sean if you want to join us. I love when the President you know, walked out of Meet the Press this weekend. It was appropriate, it was time, It's it. And this is the most pertinent thing I played earlier in the program is when the President said, if you guys had any influence, I would not have won. And you could add Hollywood to the mix and all the leftist voices because they've done everything possible the deep state, add them to the mix to destroy any shot, any hope, any prayer that Donald Trump ever would have won this last election. And if they had influence, they probably would have been successful. Now I know that that I'm hearing from people. There is a level of frustration. They don't like the fact that the iranium war has gone on as long as it has.
Speaker 2: I hear your complaint.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I am telling you this will not be a forever war my view. And the President you know, is cautiously optimistic.
Speaker 2: That he might be able to get a deal. Here's what he said on Meet the Press.
Speaker 4: How close are you to making a deal? Are we talking about days, weeks, months?
Speaker 5: Mister President, think we're very close. We have a couple of points. They don't even seem like big points. They've conceded the fact that they will not have nuclear weapons. We had any clause in there that we will not develop nuclear weapons, and everybody was very happy with it except me, and I said, well, what happens if they not developed, but they go out and purchase, they acquire. I want to put the word if they buy or purchase or acquire, you know, got to have that in there too, because that's not developing, so they don't have the right to develop or purchase, acquire or buy.
Speaker 4: Have they pushed back against that? Is that one of the.
Speaker 6: Sticking a little bit?
Speaker 7: And then they didn't.
Speaker 1: We're waiting, We're watching, and hopefully this will come to an end sooner than later. James Robin Robinson is back with those four. We're a special assistant to Defense Secretary of Rumsfeld and the Institute of Oral Politics.
Speaker 2: Dean.
Speaker 1: Look, there is a lot of news on this front. Some of it is fake news, and I know because I have better sources than most of the people that open their big fat mouths, and one was that the President told Israel not to hit back.
Speaker 2: That's not what was said.
Speaker 1: In fact, after they were attacked, and Israel did have a strike on Sunday that very little people in the news media seem to pay attention to or want to pay attention to. And now, according to reports, the talks are back on track and Iran and Israel stopped attacking each other after the President told both sides, hey, can we knock it off and see if we can finish this? And that part he said, but he didn't tell Israel not to defend itself anyway. James Robbins, what do you think about the president's comments? And I know he's coming under fire for going the extra mile for peace. I'm not willing to go there with riticism because I think there might be a deal. For this reason is their economy is bleeding out. Literally, they are getting no money from their oil. There's reports now that they're about to cap if they haven't already capped, and they're running into problem with their wells and they'll never get it back to the former capacity. We know that unemployment now is well over at fifty percent of their workforce. Inflation now headed to forty percent. The value of their currency is near zero, so financially they are on the brink and it's either make a deal or they'll never get out of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Sean, that's absolutely right. I think it's really getting to an inflection point with Iran on their economy for all the reasons that you mentioned. I mean, this is the effect of the blockade, this is our sure of hor moves and how much it's hurting Iran. Plus the Treasury Secretary mentioned recently that we've been going after the hidden crypt accounts of some of their top leaders and just taking them, just taking the wallets, seizing millions of dollars from them, and you know, the leadership, if you really want to get their attention, go after they're hidden private wealth. I think that that is also making a difference. Also, we've heard reports of demonstrations breaking out in various towns and provinces around the country anti regime demonstrations, So I think the Iranians are getting a little worried about this.
Speaker 1: If there is one thing I would have liked to have seen more of is a greater effort attempt to arm the Iranian people. I know there have been attempts. I don't know how successful they've been. But if you're telling me your sources inside of Iran are telling you that the people are now rising up again, are you also hearing that they have weaponry to fight back.
Speaker 8: I haven't heard about any recent reports of weapons being used. It's more like just demonstrations and rooftop demonstration shouting, which is a tradition in that country, saying you know that's dictator and so forth. It could be that there are weapons being smugg within. We don't know. Maybe it would come to that, but I think between the economic problems and this restlessness amongst the people, and also Israel doing one of their strikes was on card Island, which I think was sending a message to Iran that hey, if you continue to mess with us, We're is going to take out all your oil infrastructure and then you're going to have nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what's amazing about that?
Speaker 1: How easy that strike would be, and that would wipe out ninety percent of their economy. Now some would argue, well, the President said, I don't know how people got to this interpretation of the Trump doctrine that he would never use military mind, when you look at his first term.
Speaker 2: What did we see?
Speaker 1: He took out the entire Isis Caliphate. That is not isolationism. He took out Solamani, the world's worst terrorist, from Iran on a tarmac. He took out Bagdaddy all his associates, dropped the mother of all bombs on Afghanistan. And yes, he said, no forever wars. I don't see midnight Hammer, epic fury as a forever war. I see it as as the President defined this weekend. He goes, well, not saying no forever wars doesn't mean that I'm not going to take preemptive strikes when it's in our national security interest, America's first interest.
Speaker 2: He said those words.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, one hundred and one days is not forever. It's not twenty years in Afghanistan on a nation building project. He has very specific aims and he is using all of the instruments of national power to get it, whether it's military, whether it's whether it's lamacy, and they all work together. You can't just use one and not use the others. So we have the pressure from the blockade, we have our diplomats doing their thing. We have the economic part of this piece. And then there's always the threat of the renewed use of force. So that's how Trump does things. It's extremely sophisticated and it may take time to do things that way, but I think it's starting to tell on the regime.
Speaker 1: Well, when when Scott Besson first started talking about and the President started talking about the blockade, that seemed brilliant to me. And basically, they are choking off their entire economy. It is an energy, oil based economy, and now there are reports that the IRGC can't get paid. If the IRGC doesn't start getting paid, I would imagine their loyalty or their former loyalties to the old regime go away pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 8: Oh, you're absolutely right, and they'll understand that we're the ones who actually control the Horror moves straight, you know, iron saying oh they've closed it. Okay, fine, we closed it. We closed it to everything that they need. They can't import things, they can't export things, So how are they going to survive? You know, it's a temporary inconvenience for us with higher oil prices, and you know, whatever other disruptions are.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're not even that bad. They've been coming down quite consistently.
Speaker 8: I know people keep but now.
Speaker 1: Listen when I say that, I don't want people to think that I'm being callous and cold and insensitive to people that are struggling.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: However, I do want to point out that the predictions of that oil would go up two hundred and fifty percent have never come true.
Speaker 8: Right, Iran said they were going to raise oil to two hundred dollars a barrel. Well, it's under one hundred right now, and it doesn't look like it's going to.
Speaker 2: It's been at like ninety all day exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you probably track it like I do. And the Iranians they did have an impact, but it wasn't the impact they wanted. But we are having the impact on them that we wanted, and it's just asymmetric. They cannot sustain their economy much longer. And once the ERGC can't get paid, once they're private accounts Danish, once the people are rising up in the streets, we may not need a deal.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Donald Trump, assuming that we are able to win this and get out of this successfully, and we had a potential of a nuclear armed Duran, we learned in this conflict we didn't know this before Midnight Hammer epicury, that their ballistic missile range was far greater than we knew, and they could literally send out ballistic missiles that could hit Europe and they were getting and they're expanding their range every day and the rest of the world without any moral clarity.
Speaker 2: Is stunning to me.
Speaker 8: Your thoughts well true, you would think that the Europeans would be a little more upset with this and the fact that the Iranians, I mean, they just basically lied about all this stuff for years, which also goes to show that even if we have a deal with them, we can't trust that deal. We'd have to have some pretty robust verification and enforcement. But Iran will always be a threat to us in the current regime. I mean, if they're going to keep conchanting death to America, can't.
Speaker 1: We say current regime? Aren't we really talking about the fourth tier now?
Speaker 8: Well? Yeah, but their ideology is the same, the Islamism is still the same, and their revolutionary attempt to reshape the region is still the same, and they're going to keep doing that. I mean, one argument against lifting sanctions or unfreezing money is they're just going to pump that back to their terrace, says ball and Hamas. That's another thing that has to be taken care of. But if the revolutionary regime goes away and they have a democracy or something under someone like the crown Prince, something like that, then we won't have to worry about it so much. I mean, imagine like it used to be, with Iran being our ally and an ally of Israel like they used to be. I mean, that would be a whole different Middle.
Speaker 2: East, it really would.
Speaker 1: How do you see this playing out and how quickly do you see it playing out?
Speaker 8: Well? I think that the Iranians are kind of at an inflection point. I think this latest round of missiles kind of scared them a little bit because they understood that Israel could take independent action. They understood the vulnerability of their oil supply. They are suffering all the economic things we already talked about. I think they're ready to deal, but again, we got to make sure it's the right deal, that we're not giving them a bunch of cash in advance, that they can then re energize their terror network, and that we get what we want out.
Speaker 1: But the President addressed that The President in that interview addressed that he said, they don't get a penny until they do things.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, that is the way to do it, and really hold them responsible, really verify that they're doing exactly what we want and that they're not reconstituting their missiles or their nuclear program. They're not just sending money to ter us. I mean, they're going to start behaving or we have to retain the option to smack them down again.
Speaker 2: And that option is always on the table, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It is, But the Iranians what they're asking for is they want to guarantee that we will never do that again. But of course we can't give that guarantee because we don't know what they're going to do well.
Speaker 1: I mean, they never really made an agreement that they've kepped, have they, So we really can't trust.
Speaker 8: Them, absolutely not. If we can have verification and enforcement, but heavy on the enforcement. We have to reserve the right to do what we need to do if they're not going to be forthcoming with what they have to do.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree. We really appreciate you being with us.
Speaker 1: James Robbins, former Special Assistant Defense Secretary to Defense Secretary Don rom So.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you being with us.
Speaker 8: Oh, thanks, Sean, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: You know, I always say this one way or the other. Every single person has a boss. I'm Linda's boss. What do you call me boss?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Call you the talent?
Speaker 2: No, you often call me boss.
Speaker 4: Your nickname is boss, and you're listed in my phone is boss.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So but I am the boss. Now, Linda is in charge of the crew. I think everybody gets along in there, which is great. We have a very good team. I'm very proud of everybody that works on the show. And at the end of the day, unless you are your own boss, own your own company and make your own decisions, and nobody gets any say.
Speaker 2: Most people have to respond to our boss. Period.
Speaker 1: Now I'm lucky and fortunate in my broadcast career is I've had great partners.
Speaker 2: I don't even look at it as a.
Speaker 1: Boss relationship with an employee because I never really designed it that way. The people that I'm partners with can call me any time, any hour of any day, and I'm like, they're important to me, and whatever they're interested in becomes important to me, just the way it is. So CBS sold to Paramount, and you know, so Scott Pelley, they have Barry Weiss has been running it. I don't really know Barry Weiss that well, don't really know a lot about Barry Weis.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter to me about Barry Weis.
Speaker 1: I don't care about CBS, and I don't care if they get time Waterer, and I don't care if they run CNN. I don't think you can fix CNN, just like I don't think you can fix CBS either, because of institutionalized bias. Now there's been a lot of chatter in the media about.
Speaker 2: All of this.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So Scott Pelley does an interview with some New York Times reporter.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I was interested, and he gets very emotional, choking up describing the meeting. Now, this is the first time Barry Weiss picked a new executive producer of sixty Minutes, and she had a previous meeting, had asked why does the country feel.
Speaker 2: This show is biased? And they do.
Speaker 1: So Pelly gets choked up describing the meeting. And in this meeting, he just decimates and says that Barry Weiss ostensibly wants to wipe out and destroy sixty Minutes. Okay, I don't think that's true at all, and then goes after this guy. It's his first day on the job. He's trying to introduce himself to the staff, and without any bit of grace at all, says, you will never be welcome here. Now, ask yourself, if you do that to your boss, what do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Here's Pelly describing the meeting that led to him being fired, which he should have easily predicted, considering he thinks he's so smart.
Speaker 6: Listen, when I saw Nick Bilton's email and then saw him reading to my broken hearted people off his phone, I felt that somebody had to stand up for the broadcast, not just the broadcast, but the people. There are people in that room who go to war zones when they are pregnant. Newsrooms are sort of like the military or the police, or the beautiful people at the FD and Y down the street. It is a life threatening job in many instances, and very strong bonds, very emotional bonds, are found are developed in that kind of setting. To have people running CBS News who don't know that, have never felt that, and don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to pay, how do you not know the risk of stupidity and doing that it's crazy. Then Scott Pelly's asked if he didn't think his comments would have repercussions that could lead to the firing, says, in the old days, you can have those conversations. Well, in light of the fact that these are nowhere near the old days, want to ask the wonder how smart this guy really is.
Speaker 3: But Scott, in a meeting, you accused Bary Wise, the head of the network, of wanting to murder the show, of coming into sixty minutes with the agenda to dismantle the institution, and you did not think that that was going to have repercussions that could lead to your firing.
Speaker 2: We used to be.
Speaker 6: Able to have conversations like that CBS News. The difference today is that the people running CBS News will not be questioned.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, Linda, what do you think would happen if you came in and asked me or you said to me that I'm destroying the show and that you said I'll never be welcome as the host of my own show.
Speaker 2: What happens to that?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 4: It's bizarre, I mean, it's honestly just there's a lot going on here. That's weird. He's such a jerk. I have to assume that it's probably like this new guy came in and he was probably really nasty.
Speaker 1: No the new guy, But he doesn't even claim the guy was nasty. He got upset that the guy started reading a note.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm saying that Scott Pelly was nasty, not the new guy. I think the new guy probably came in and was like, hey, let's try this, let's try that, let's get readings up, let's try to be more even handed instead of totally in the tank for the left. You know, I'm sure there was some of that going on all.
Speaker 1: Right, So then everybody was speculating Leslie Stall would leave and Bill Whittaker would leave. And I don't even know who this John Berdeheim is. Do you know who that guy is? I don't really know.
Speaker 4: I do not watch.
Speaker 1: I know Steve Croft, I knew the old morally safe, Bill Bradley, Mike Wallace, Harry Reisner.
Speaker 2: I mean, they really were.
Speaker 1: They were great at what they did, but I do still think they had some bias anyway, So there was a lot of speculation that all these other correspondents would quit.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: Leslie Stall, Bill Wedeker the other guy are remaining. Now I could give you my theory on it. I think they're staying because where are they going next? And then Scott Pelly bursting into tears while complaining about the firing, which is predictable as anything I can ever think of it. It really shocked me his reaction to it. Well, I'm not sure what he was expecting out of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you think it would take a lot for me to fire anybody on our crew?
Speaker 2: What do I always say?
Speaker 4: You fire yourself?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: You watched me over the years. Do I fire people?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: You make me do it. That's not true at all.
Speaker 1: I don't make Everyone knows that's such fake news, now that we're talking about fake news again.
Speaker 4: No, you don't like to have those types of things. But if there is, if there is drama, you come to me, and then I come to the team and I say, listen, you can't do this is no good. It's not a thing. But there have been moments where people have done things. You know, previous people that were employed here that were so egregious that you just had they had gotta go it just people.
Speaker 1: In your life, and whether they're whether you work with them, or whether you're together with them. I would argue, in almost every case, fire themselves.
Speaker 2: You think I'm wrong?
Speaker 4: Agreed, No, I agree with you every day.
Speaker 2: That's fake news too. You don't agree with me every day.
Speaker 4: I do agree with you. I think that people who come in and do the same dumb stuff every day one person specif comes to mind who used to work here and did the same dumb thing every single day. After several occurrences of being spoken to, it was absurd to the point that I was like, you gotta be kidding me. Even on the day that they were fired, they did the thing that got them fired, And when that was brought up in the meeting, it was like, hey, listen, the reason you're going is hey, point in blank, look at today, look at this morning. And they were like, oh yeah, how about that. I'm like, yeah, it's been going on for a year.
Speaker 1: It's enough, haven't I And how many how many admonitions, warnings, corrections?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, way too manifty, way too many.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to fire anybody I really care about people. I don't like to ever all right, let's get to our phones. Jerry and my free state of Florida. What's up, Jerry? How are you glad you called Sir.
Speaker 7: Hik Sean first and utmost and two year grandparents were from Kindie Dyed.
Speaker 2: Two of my grandparents from County Down two from County Cork.
Speaker 7: That's where I was born in Risent, Kindy dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, well, what is it like. I've never been there.
Speaker 1: I have relatives there that are angry at me that I have never been to Ireland.
Speaker 7: Oh you should take a trip. It's well worth it now.
Speaker 2: My sisters have all gone. I have just not. I don't have a lot of time to do anything, to be blunt.
Speaker 7: Kindly down beautiful look at the mountains of More and they got it's absolutely beautiful. But I was calling my son Liam. I have a son called him as well. Except the difference between my limb and Linda's lamb. My my my son Liam always got McDonald's when he was younger.
Speaker 2: That means you're more normal.
Speaker 7: So he want my son wanted a birth certificate. No, he wanted his passport from Ireland. So he needed my my birth certificate and my our marriage license. But what they needed that for I don't know, but so we mailed it to him. When he got it, it looked like it was put through a shredder. So really, I yeah, I got online, got into the Northern Ireland website and within two weeks I had my birth certificate.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 7: We here, and and I ordered two of them, cost me like twenty five bucks. So anyone over here complains about not getting a birth certificate is full of it, because if I can get one within two weeks three thousand miles away, there's no excuse for anyone over here.
Speaker 1: Look, they can't count votes in California, let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: I mean all it does. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have any evidence that fraud is in play, although anybody that is suspicious deserves that suspicion because of how they how poorly antiquated. This is stone age stuff, and you know we live in the era of AI. Anyway, Jerry, appreciate you, man, God bless you. God bless my friends in Ireland too. Real quick Brian and Florida. Also, Hey Brian, we got about a minute. It's all yours, sir, Hey Sean, I'm good to talk to you a pleasure of mine and calling in regards.
Speaker 9: To fraud for at home care. You know you brought up about the Somolians before in Minnesota, about all that, the rampant. You know, everybody has autism. My daughter is twenty three. She has LGS, a rare seizure disorder, and when she turned eighteen, we had to fight and fight to get benefits, get anything for her. It was amazing, like what you had to go through. And you know, part of it is as you're lumped into the pool with all these other people, you know, and there should definitely be more of a classification for home bound people that are like that, that can't take care of themselves. They can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, our veterans that are abroad, the sick, the infirmed, Yeah, we got to make accommodations.
Speaker 2: So then we've got to help them vote.
Speaker 1: But proof of citizenship, voter IDs, signature of verification, all the other stuff we talk about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, it would be so simple. You could come to my house in ten minutes. You see the situation going on. There's no just like what you're talking about, the voter fraud stuff, it's not very complicated to come up with the easy system to verify these things. But a lot of the fraud is the government's own fault for making the systems like that. They make the system so difficult for everybody, it makes it difficult for themselves to determine, you know, who who really needs the help and who doesn't. I mean, it's like it's just insane some of the stuff we've gone through to try and.
Speaker 2: Get I mean, we're covering it exhaustively.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Nick Shirley and Memo Oz and you know all of these states that are being investigated. I mean, we're getting people that you know are in the know on all of it, and we're just going to keep exposing it as we as we get more information.
Speaker 9: The main thing I'm worried about, though, is I just the one RFJ Junior, you know, just to cut the benefits hard across the board, like it's a you know, there's a lot of there is a it's desperate. A lot of people, especially single moms and single parents that need that need that since you know, it's not just running to the grocery store like something. You know, there's a lot of things involved with it more than that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, listen to Americans. They will promised this. They deserve it, just like Social Security, Medicare, our veterans, veterans, hospitals. We got to keep those promises. Donald Trump's committed to all of that. All right, my friend got a role. Appreciate it. Happy Monday, man. These weeks fly by, all right, that's gonna wrap things up to today. We got a great Hannity tonight, nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel. We've got the meltdown, the Platinum meltdown, and Democratic silence is deafening.
Speaker 2: We'll deal with all of that.
Speaker 1: The madness out in California that they consider what Stone age voting systems. We'll check in with Ted Cruz, Tim Scott, Mark Way Mullen, Joe Concha on the Corrupt Media, Charlie Hurt, James Comer, and Adam Corolla. Say you DVR tonight Hannity on Fox. We'll see you then back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.