Speaker 1: Second date up date.
Speaker 2: If you think about it, dating these days is a lot like the game Uno. You put one down, you draw two more skip, reverse to someone from your past, draw another four, skip again.
Speaker 3: Give me a wild card.
Speaker 2: All you want to do is narrow it down to one, but it never ends. You just can't get out what happens if you hit a yeah in a way, everybody loses. But one of our listeners says she feels like she may have met her UNO.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: Spanish for the one Alexis.
Speaker 2: But there was a wild card that was dealt to her early on in their meetup. So let's talk to her and find out about it. Carolyn, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm so excited to hear about UNO.
Speaker 2: Well, you said there is a wild card delta. What did you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Well, I feel bad because I completely went off yelling at the sky within like the first ten minutes.
Speaker 3: You were yelling at your date. What the heck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But there's like a reason, and I mean, but I feel bad about it and I shouldn't have popped off like that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I cannot wait to hear this whole story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, we went to this restaurant and I put in an order with like the waiter.
Speaker 3: Okay, wa wait, hold on, did you already meet him there? What's his name?
Speaker 4: His name is Jeremy okay, okay, and we had like a couple of conversations, you know, like text and whatever, but this is our first time meeting face to face.
Speaker 3: Okay. So you're at the table or you're at a walk up counter or something.
Speaker 4: We're at the table. We had just sat down and the server comes over, you know, pretty quickly and asked for our order. And I kind of looked at the menu before we went, and I knew what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Is that is so Jose's move.
Speaker 4: So I put in my order and like we didn't talk about it or anything. I just like gave the waiter my order and then he steps in. He goes, actually, no, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, wait wait, Jeremy, your date stepped in and was like, actually, no, don't order that exactly.
Speaker 3: Wait was he talking to you or is he talking to the waiter, because it's even more condescending if he was just talking for you to the waiter.
Speaker 4: No, yes, he was talking to the waiter. That's why I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: So sounds like he had a game plan of he was going to impress you with his menu and you kind of went willy nilly on.
Speaker 3: I would be upset too, Yeah, the boy, you should have done to go, oh, if you really want this.
Speaker 1: Let me just job.
Speaker 3: How do you know why did he do that? Well?
Speaker 4: I kind of went off with him and I was like, well, why are you controlling what I'm ordering? Like I look at the menu, I really want this, like this is what I want. And then he just said, like I've been here before, and like you don't want to get that. It's not very good and I'm trying to save you from it, and like I swear, like there's other our things on the menu.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and the waiters just standing there awkwardly. It's a tough start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it was so embarrassing because like I had never been to this restaurant, Like I didn't know that wasn't like their star dish.
Speaker 2: You know, how did he react to you yelling at him? Was he apologetic or was he like should be?
Speaker 4: That's where I like kind of feel bad because he was like super nice about it.
Speaker 5: We got back to the date.
Speaker 4: And like it went really great from there, but like I don't know, it was.
Speaker 3: Really did you end up getting that dish? Or did you get a different one like he said to do?
Speaker 4: I actually ended up getting a different dish.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well it does bring up a good question though, because I know how Jose feels about this. But I do want to ask the ladies, is it ever okay for a guy to order for you or cancel your order without talking to your first talking.
Speaker 3: No, she had every right to yell. I mean, how would you feel if it was to you? Like, it's the same thing, Like it's like any body canceling your order, Like it doesn't matter male or woman.
Speaker 2: Well, the last time I went off on my mom when we were at Red Robin, it just it kind of created a scene when she put in my cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: I don't want the California Bird again.
Speaker 1: I love I want the Whiskey River Barbecue. You know that you love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, why do they sell anything else? That is very by far?
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's different dynamic between that and a first date, Like that's your first interaction in the first ten minutes.
Speaker 4: I also and I'm fully admitting to you guys, like I popped off, like I looking back, Like my tone was like a one hundred yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Said that he was apologetic. You know it sounds like it didn't you know, you had the rest of the date to recover. Did you yell again?
Speaker 4: Ever? No, No, it went great, and like we even talked about like seeing each other again and like how much fun we were having. Why I'm like, WHOA, I don't know, is this why he's like not calling me back because I went too hard?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't blame you, and I don't think he would either. I Mean, the thing is is that if you guys had just had like thirty seconds to discuss the menu together beforehand, all of it would have been avoided.
Speaker 2: And during that conboy, if a guy's ever going to pull the chivalry move, it's hard.
Speaker 1: You have to be open and say, hey, would you like to order? Would you like me to give you a suggestion?
Speaker 5: Is it okay?
Speaker 1: Like you have to say you don't just do it?
Speaker 2: And plus the waiter was right there too. Yeah, it's witnessing all of it. It's just like a bad.
Speaker 3: Segn you that looked bad. He looked bad too.
Speaker 4: I have to say like it was my initial reaction because I've been in prior horrible controlling relationship.
Speaker 3: Look at you with that baggage. Don't we all got it?
Speaker 2: You're short tempered, right, But the good news is they did plan. At least they said they were going to meet up and go on another day. It's weird that he hasn't followed through on that though.
Speaker 3: You haven't left him any voicemails where you're yelling at him, or all.
Speaker 1: Caps text messages possibly.
Speaker 3: Anything.
Speaker 4: No I promise It was like none O.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, then let's come back call Jeremy for you and figure out what's going on and why he hasn't followed through on his promises. Maybe we'll be the ones to yell at him when we come back for your second date.
Speaker 1: Update right after second date update.
Speaker 2: Normally, when we hear about a woman screaming at a man five minutes into their date, it's usually Brooke telling us how her weekend went with her husband.
Speaker 1: See the issue, What do you mean you're tired and your back hurts?
Speaker 6: Honestly, come on, but this one happened on a first date with our listener Carolyn, because the waiter was at the table when Carolyn put in her order for a dish, and the guy immediately stepped in and said, actually, no, she's not gonna have that.
Speaker 3: Dude, God, that just rubs me the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Even me who loves to be chivalry. You don't do it like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Carolyn had a combination bad day going plus gut reaction to him saying that, and just went.
Speaker 1: Off on him.
Speaker 2: The thing is, there was a good reason for it, because he had actually tried that dish before when he visited the restaurant and knew it was not good, so he was attempting to step in and save her from eating something she probably didn't want to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I want to hear the waiter's point of view from this story, because that was the thing. The waiter was standing right there. I mean, honestly, it was bad reaction from both parties.
Speaker 2: But the good news is they did get past it and ended up having a pretty good time together, even planned out their next meetup at a different restaurant.
Speaker 1: And she said he was apologetic and actually nice about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The weird part, though, is that Jeremy's now being snaky snake and not coming through on his promise of another date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ball, Jeremy.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you think you're going to go off on him when we get him on the phone if he says something not nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't feel like doing it, Brooke will yell at him for you. She's really good at it off.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you can handle it.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 1: You girls can go on.
Speaker 3: He's going to be crying. But if he doesn't answer correctly.
Speaker 1: Every guy likes a tag team, just not that type. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: You never tried it, Jeff, all.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe I'll try it after week off so you always say no. Yeah, I don't know how I feel. I just want to call Jeremy see what he has to say. Hopefully he picks up, but here we go. Hello, Hey is this Jeremy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 1: What's up? Jeremy? My name is Jeff. Who's talking to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, excuse me as funny? Ask what's up? Like you were trying to be cool right there?
Speaker 1: So I was cool?
Speaker 5: So what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well we almost made it twenty seconds into a phone conversation without someone berating me.
Speaker 1: But it's fine.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: This is the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jeremy, Oh hello.
Speaker 2: We are doing a segment called a second Date Update, and I'm not sure if you know what that is, but we're attempting to help out one of our listeners get a hold of you after you went out on a date with.
Speaker 5: Her for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a girl named Carolyn.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, why.
Speaker 3: Did you react that way? I thought you guys ended the day by saying you wanted to see her again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yeah, that is just what you say, you know, when you're on a first date that isn't going well.
Speaker 1: We heard a lot, Jeremy.
Speaker 2: We do a lot of these calls where people ghost after a first date. That's pretty normal, but usually it doesn't happen after you make specific plans with that person and pick out a restaurant. And that's why it's so interesting to us, Like, why you're not following through with that promise?
Speaker 5: Gotcha to be honest, in my mind, I was never ever going to fall through with the second.
Speaker 3: What wait, wait, when did you decide that? When did you decide there was never going to be a second date.
Speaker 5: Within like the first four or five minutes of the first day.
Speaker 2: Okay, And she told us about some of the things that happened, and that there was a big argument early on after she put in an order.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 1: But you know, you messed up a little bit. We talked about it.
Speaker 2: Well, is it just are you turned off that she exploded and yelled at you because there was an argument, because to us it sounded more like it was a misunderstanding between the two.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, there's no misunderstanding. So she tried to order six hundred dollars worth of caviare.
Speaker 3: Wait what what did you say?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Yep? You heard me? Yeap. She tried to order the most expensive She flipped the man into the most expensive section and then ordered the most expensive thing.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, was it one of those restaurants where they don't list the price? You know what I mean? Maybe she didn't.
Speaker 5: Know she knew what she was doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, Well, hold on, if you were already turned off in the first five minutes, why did you say that you wanted to go out with her again and plan a whole date.
Speaker 5: Because when if somebody orders six hundred dollars worth of caviar and within five minutes of a first date, I don't know they're going to have They're going to react to any situation in life. So I'm just like, oh, hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're trying to just I mean, to come to her defense. Listen, like she ordered it, you said, no, she got upset because she thought you were controlling her, not because I mean, she didn't mention the price at all to us. Oh he's like a rich It sounded like she actually felt bad and she didn't end up ordering it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. When I when I jumped in and told her that we can go to another restaurant and get even better caviare that's the only time that she you know, then she started apologizing.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh she got those caviar dreams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and before that she was just calling me cheap. And then if I can't afford to go out with a woman, she just paid for it by herself. I mean, just really knacked.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if she could afford that, she could be your sugar moment.
Speaker 5: There's no way she would afford that. She was just saying that to make me feel bad.
Speaker 2: Well hold on, Well, we don't know if she could afford it or not unless we actually ask her.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jeremy. I have to tell you.
Speaker 2: Carolyn is on the other line right now, listening to this conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh way, Caro, are you there?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: What the hell, Carolyn? You didn't tell us you were trying to order six hundred dollars in caviart.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, please, that is cheap, Like, come on.
Speaker 1: Cheap.
Speaker 3: No one should order that ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have gone on plenty of dates where that is protocol, Like that is nothing for them. I mean you must be going on like sheeap dates with cheap people, and I mean hot, log's okay, Like that's not how I am.
Speaker 1: You got it right on the nose with.
Speaker 3: I'd argue it wasn't Carolyn.
Speaker 1: Clearly there was things that were not yeahs.
Speaker 3: Between and that was not about control at all. That was about his bank account.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought we had like a great conversation afterwards, and like, at no point did you say anything to me about money or like it was too extensive, like that was never brought up.
Speaker 5: Yeah to me. First date I'm not cheap. It's a first date. We're trying to get to know each other, and you're basically putting down a six hundred dollars retainer for your first date. You know, but it's it's ridiculous, like an invoice. You didn't even ask me if I even like caviar. You just went ahead and ordered it, and you, like what.
Speaker 4: I think that's just how it is, Like I didn't know I needed to ask the mission. Okay, do you want the hot dog? I mean who else met?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: I mean, were you going to eat the whole thing at Caviar by yourself?
Speaker 4: No, of course not. It was like, you know, serving per two. So I mean that's perfect, that's like romantic.
Speaker 3: It is cute because they give you the brand and like the I think it's interesting that you're not seeing his side of this.
Speaker 4: Not at all, like I.
Speaker 2: Carolyn, Are you more upset about the money thing or are you more upset about him making up a story about another date and not following through on that.
Speaker 4: I mean both, Let's be honest. Like, I mean, you lied about everything, Like I thought we had this great conversation. You said you wanted to go on a second date. Like, where is all that information? You're not really that like, so is that not a thing?
Speaker 5: No, I've had more engaging conversations with my house plans.
Speaker 4: Oh, one of your house plans, then I'm sure a snake plan is perfect for you.
Speaker 5: She got maybe I will.
Speaker 3: I will. Wow.
Speaker 2: What I'm hearing here is a lot of passion, and passion is the foundation of a strong relationship, right, Brooke.
Speaker 3: I hear a lot of house plans dying.
Speaker 2: Jess, Well, let's maybe we can help pour a little fertilizer on it and bring it back to life, because we would love to offer to send you to on another their date on us.
Speaker 3: Don't say that, would She orders six hundred dollars caviar.
Speaker 2: It's on Brook, twelve hundred dollars worth of caviar for everybody.
Speaker 1: If you too, will see each other again.
Speaker 5: I would rather go on the date myself than with her.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's not really the burn that you think. It is.
Speaker 1: Me too, which is just what you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's just out here trying to get free expensive meals. I would doubt.
Speaker 1: Oh, so she's a foodie. Call I like a call for her.
Speaker 3: She's a car nor.
Speaker 1: Carolyn, that's not the one. Being a foody call isn't the worst thing to be.
Speaker 5: I mean whatever, he's lame. I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, allay, Well, I'm sure that she'll be able to find a guy that can actually afford your dates.
Speaker 1: It probably just lives in like Dubai or thirty Falcons.
Speaker 3: My guess is he sixty five years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let us know if you find him. Okay, Carolyn, because we want to meet that dude.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: There comes a time in every man's life when he has to decide do I want to pay my rent or blow all that money on a six hundred dollars caviar dish to impress my date?
Speaker 3: And apparently, according to her, there's only one right answer.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In a shocking move, though, Jeremy chose to keep a roof over his head like a total cheap Oh yeah, so it didn't work out between the two. I do feel like, though, if you are on a date and you're ordering a shared appetizer and the dish costs more than one hundred bucks, maybe discuss it before you put in the order.
Speaker 3: I can't even believe that he took her to a I don't even know if I've been to a restaurant with this, I mean, maybe six hundred dollars caviar, and that she was still complaining, like guaranteed her plate, like her dinner already costs so much money settled. But of course with the crab on top.
Speaker 1: Jose, you and I should go to a nice seafood restaurant after you.
Speaker 3: I yeah, and we gotta get you know, jeff is in pay get some good sturgeon.
Speaker 1: Caviar, though it's pretty cheap.
Speaker 5: I'm in.
Speaker 2: Sorry, girls, you're not invited, but if you if you go out on a date recently, whether it's a normal date or a bro date, we can always help you get in touch with that person.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,