Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 2: H.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 1: I'm Erica and I'm Nila, and it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It's hump Day, bitches.
Speaker 1: Another Wednesday. Remember when we used to put our show out on Mondays?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that never was a thing.
Speaker 1: Yes it was.
Speaker 3: No, we moved our show date. No, the very first post we have it says hump Day.
Speaker 1: It was Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm going to scroll all the way back to the beginning just to prove to you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that we moved it because we realized that it was not a good podcast day.
Speaker 3: I remember, I did not recall that. I remember always being hump Day.
Speaker 1: Do you remember. No, we actually then started calling it hump day because we're like, oh, this makes more sense.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we were Parental Advisory Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 1: That was dumb. It was that was a lot of words. And we only did that because we the Thick Podcast had like remember Tabria's podcast, she had a like she had like a like a line before the Thick Podcast. So we were like, this must have us see how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: And then we made that long ass email called Parental Advisory.
Speaker 1: G NBC at gmail dot com. Please don't email that email, please, it's not gonna get checked anyway. How are you, darling, I'm good. It's rainy in La. It's been raining and raining and raining, and I love it. Everyone's like freaking out. I mean, granted, my roof isn't leaking, so you know, that's that's the blessing. I think a lot of people are freaking out because there's a lot of shit going on in their backyards and things. But I really like the rain. I feel like it's a like a renewal, renewal and God knows, La needs to.
Speaker 3: Be washed washed if it sins, I know, just green, Yeah, we know, dry as how I like it too. I've made every cold season recipe that I know so far. I've made chili, I made mansa ball soup what Jewish woman. Sometimes I like luck because too, okay after I've made mashed potatoes on maltcas.
Speaker 1: This is some Valley girl shit for sure, but no.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed. I enjoy it watching movies, making hot chocolate. My immediate like thing is like go to the supermarket. So I've gone to the supermarket like three times in the storm. But the lightsman out at the end of the day, it's like this is new for lah.
Speaker 1: So that's very Costa Rica.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking. I was like, I left the jungle to come back to the city jungle.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been enjoying. I'm good though, I'm good, I'm feeling I'm did meditation today and I was really focusing on being like bringing in the joy today because there's things in my life that are a little stressing me out a little bit. And I was like, no, bitch, not today, and not tomorrow and not anymore.
Speaker 3: I like that bringing in the joy. I feel like that's necessary because as an adult can wake up and immediately be with distress.
Speaker 1: No, it was so I check my email and I was like.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of things to worry about, but there's so much not to worry about. Yeah, I let's introduce our guests. I was going to go on a deep dive, but let's not keep our wonderful guest waiting. Welcome to the show again, our favorite wealth witch in the world, Loose Warrior, the financial educator, author, and I friend.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Loose, Thank you all so much for having me back. It's truly an honor to be here with you all.
Speaker 1: We love having you on our show. You are a fan favorite for sure, and I'm just so excited to have you. You know, this month, we're in March, we typically focus on finances, so what better way to focus on finances than with loose And you have this new book out, a Wealth Warrior, Eight Steps for Communities of Color to Conquer the stock market, which you know can be really intimidating. I think people hear the word stock market and they're like, not for me, I'll figure it out later, I know.
Speaker 3: And I love that it's like eight steps to heal your money, your money wounds, and claim your abundance. Those are things we don't hear a lot, but I think it's like so necessary to even acknowlogy you have money wounds to begin with, to even like start to claim your abundance. It's a whole like relearning and process. So I love that your book addresses all of the things.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, It's been definitely a labor of love. I think that my intention with this book is to make the stock market a lot less intimidating, something that's really important and that I think we should really pay attention to is that the top ten percent, like the top wealthiest people, own eighty nine percent of the shares in publicly traded companies, and a lot of the reason for that is because we don't have accessibility to resources that make sense to us that we can process like. It is very intimidating. It's like speaking an entirely different language. And I've been studying it for such a long time. I've done my absolute best to simplify it, and I've seen so much money grow so effortlessly and easily via the stock market. And we are in such an important moment in time right now because we are in a down market and shares are much more accessible right now because they are cheaper. And I think it's for those that are interested in the stock market. I think these types of resources are so important and we just don't have enough of them.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to know. I already know, But for those of you who are just kind of listening and tuning in and maybe have never been introduced to Loose Loose, I would love for you to share, really like your journey into stock market, because I feel like people think that you know, you have to come in and you have to be like super knowledgeable and like maybe you come from finance or like these are things that you know, you like grew up knowing, or you.
Speaker 3: Took a college course and then you understood suddenly, Yeah, well you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm going to start with this because I know we love witchy things and just like finding connecting all the dots and destiny and all of that space. So I was I want to say, I was seventeen years old and one of my high school teachers was taking a group of students myself included, to New York and I couldn't even afford the trip. My teacher fronted for me to go to New York. On this trip, I had twenty dollars and we were going to be there for approximately seven days, So twenty dollars was supposed to like purchase food for me. Granted, there were some meals included, so from my perspective, I was like, all, just wait until the next free meal comes throughout the trip and I went, and I was so excited to be there. They were taking us on all of these incredible tours, and one of the tours was to see Sally Jesse Rafael or to go to the New York Stock Exchange, and I was like, I really want to go see Sally Jesse Rafael, like I want to know what its studio would look like like that entire TV experience. And I got chosen to go to the New York Stock Exchange, and I remember being so upset, and I'm walking into this enormous building that is extremely intimidating, and I remember walking in and just feeling the energy.
Speaker 4: It's extremely masculine heavy.
Speaker 2: I remember not seeing any women around other than the students and the teachers, and we went to ring the bell in the morning, and I also remember very vivid understanding that something really important was taking place in this building that was impacting not only the United States, but whatever was happening was also rippling out into the entire world. Mind you, at the time, I was not living with my parents.
Speaker 4: I was a teen mom. I had a.
Speaker 2: Three year old baby, maybe almost four at the time. I mean I was It was a moment for me to just be in the space coming from where I came from, and so I really feel like that moment almost gave me a glimpse or maybe foresight or planted a seed into what would eventually come in the future.
Speaker 4: I ended up.
Speaker 2: Later landing, you know, a really big position at Netflix. Big from my perspective, like coming from the hood, being a teen mom, all the things.
Speaker 4: And I was only.
Speaker 2: The second Latina to be higher in the entire company. Mind you, we had already launched in all of Latin America and they didn't feel the need for like Spanish speakers or anyone that understood that territory. So it was just like a big deal for me to be there, just like as a person of color. And I was so nervous about the amount of money that I was making because it was the first time that I was making real money. I was working at a tech job in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: It was a big deal.
Speaker 2: And I remember just like praying for guidance on this money that was coming in. And simultaneously, I had this white colleague who would come to my desk and pester me about buying Netflix stock, and I was like, what the fuck would this guy like? You know, I was so intimidated by him, and he would just like throw this stock market jargon and I think he could tell like how I would shrink, like I can't have this conversation like and we don't talk about the stock market. That's that's your world, bro, not mine, you know, And he was just so persistent, and looking back, I realized like that he was what I was praying for. Really, like that's what I was praying for. And he was so patient, showed me his portfolio, which I'd never seen, like a million dollar portfolio like that another human owned, you know, and very transparent, and started to explain, like, you're in tech, so you understand you have this unique perspective. You need to be taking advantage of this and investing into Netflix stock. So it took him about, I want to say, a solid six months to convince me. I finally started investing. I invested two hundred dollars a month, and after a year, I saw that money pretty much double itself in just one year. So I saw, you know, I mean, it grew exponentially, and I thought to myself, this is wild. I'm going to double my money. Instead of taking two hundred a month, I'm going to take four hundred a month, which was a pretty big expense for me at the time because the way I was calculating it in my head was like, this is like a car payment that I'm making into the stock But I started to really become a student of our get. I wasn't tapping him for resources. I just read books and really to understand what it is that was taking place, because the way money was growing so effortly and easy was something that I'd never experienced. I mean, I come from you know, immigrant parents that had three four jobs.
Speaker 4: Just to sustain the household.
Speaker 2: So I computed, you know, you have to work really hard to make a lot of money. And what I understood, and what the stock market taught me, is that you really need to understand how to let go of money and invest it in order to make a lot of money. Working more does not equate making more money. So that's kind of how this journey started. I invested in and around a total of nine thousand dollars, and I watched those nine thousand dollars turn into half a million, and I felt like I needed to share what I had learned, not be a gatekeeper, and provide like digestible resources.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of I mean, oh I got here.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's so incredible that that a you start like to go to New York. First of all and and A have twenty dollars in your pocket. God say yeah, no sorry not Jesse, sorry, Sally, Jesse Rafael, it's not going to be this, but kind of give you a preview, like a foreshadow, yeah, like into your future, and like obviously you didn't even have a concept of what was to come. And then the prayer and it's showing up differently, and then we always talk about that too, and like your prayers and your manifestations showing up not exactly how you think they're going to show up, but if you like really listen and if you really have your eyes open, you'll I'll be able to catch them. And a lot of people don't like their prayers are answered, and they don't even they didn't even catch it. But you said something about like letting go of money, like not having fear around letting go of money, And I think that that's really like I think what for many people investing in the stock market and crypto and all these different things, that's the fear is like it's like gambling. I mean for me, even like when I Vegas is like not my thing, It's never been my thing. The idea of like giving my money away in hopes that I'm going to get it back. I mean, obviously Vegas is a different type of gambling, but even the stock market feels like a gamble. I think for a lot of people where you feel like this is this really does this really work? How do I know like what to invest in? Or you know, if I give it a thousand dollars, like is it just going to disappear? And you know, feeling like does my whole life have to now be the stock market once I started? And I have to check every every day all day, Like how does that even work? Do I have to like be super invested in order to see my my wealth grow?
Speaker 3: And like when can I take it out? Can I take it out? Can I like not take it out for two years? Maybe I'll never get it? Or like it's this like this idea of this like fantasy, untangible world, because like literally I feel the same way about gambling, Like I'm not a Vegas bitch. I'm not going to go put some money down and hope like no not, I'm not putting my heart o money and then like hoping it triples. But like I think the difference is it's like that's a real gamble when this is an actual investment, but that they're both feel intangible in ways like you may you may feel it, you may not, and so it feels like super scary and like not even that, like, you know, Black History Month just passed. But I took my daughter to she she was she's in a dance a dance school shut out to Heart dance School, and they asked her to be in this Black history lessons in Black History like performance while we were in Costa Rica. And I guess the portion of the part of this is a long story, just a portion of it is they they cover the Birmingham bombings and you know, little girls die, like a lot of people died. So she calls me, she's like, I don't want to be in it because it's scary. And I'm like, yeah, word, it is scary and I remember learning about it. And you know, she's eight, and it's just like such because they're on the same age, the girls in the church, and it's just like this this such dark history and that like at some point you have to learn it, and you're going to learn it. So we watched this entire like two hour dance you know, performance, and there's acting and they're singing and they cover like all the great like all the great Black inventors, and they cover like how we were stolen from Africa, And you know, midway through, I'm just realizing, like I mean, not realizing, but it's just a reminder the amount of like complexities that it takes for us, for a lot of us to be here. And like when you're when you're removed from your culture and your language and these your safety and money is not even something that you can earn and you have no knowledge of it and there's none given to you, and like that your power is taken away. There are so many there's so much energetic complexities that come with embracing finances, even in this time, even in the freedom. So like a lot of the freedom and the ability to get to that place is your mindset and the energy around it, you know. And it's just like historically when you're an immigrant or when you've had like generations and generations of just negative energy with finances and security, it is a very difficult concept to grasp and to understand. And you do say, like someone comes to your desk and you're like, yeah, bro, that's all you you know, like that's what that's your thing, like your dad, your daddy did that for you. But it's like just understanding that this is also my right and this is also something I can I can understand and grasp the knowledge of instead of completely writing it off. You know. It's just like historically it's been something that we've been and not included in, so it's easy to not include ourselves and just say fuck it, you know, like this is the money that I put in the bank and not even go down the route. But like, luckily you had the insight and that pestering guy was like you're blessing, Like hey, bitch, hey, how about now you know? And then you actually taking the advice and investing the money and like ending up with half a million dollars. That's a huge discovery.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It is, And I think that I want to be clear that I do think that the reason it's so easy to compare gambling to the stock market is because the lack of education that we have. So if you're just investing without really having a full understanding of the stock market, it is like a gamble. And it's two part because you may not fully understand the company that you're investing in, which makes it really scary, but also you do not know how you are going to react.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Types of investments, or the reason why the stock market is my favorite type of investment, is because I feel like it is a window into my money wounds. The market itself if we look at the way it moves erratically, like up and down, that is just collective energy of the most wealthiest people in the world, where the energy is generating more money, losing money, generating money, losing money. It's almost it's not almost. It is a direct reflection of our emotions. So I find it really interesting for me when I was really exploring my money wounds and my personal money relationship. The reason I loved the stock market so much is because it felt like a control center where I was able to control my emotions, my money story, and my narrative in real time versus some elusive abundant experience where I could see abundant if I saw a lot of food on the table, I could see abundance, if I had a happy day.
Speaker 4: I could see.
Speaker 2: Abundance in so many different ways, but I was never really getting to the root of abundance when it comes to money like physical money and generating actual money in the form of abundance, and the stock market really allowed for me to do that, and so it's almost like I use it as a let's say, you're trying to get spiritually healthy in all facets of your life. It's almost like the stock market for me is like my gym. That is where I go and work out my emotional money stories in my relationship in real time, and it has helped me tremendously. And I think to go back into the topic of being scared to let go of money, we constantly talk about wealthy people being very greedy, and I think what we fail to admit is that greed isn't something that just exists with wealthy people. Greed is something that affects every single person. It's like jealousy. You can't escape it, you know, just because like they're just because you don't have money, it doesn't mean you can't feel freed. We one thousand percent can feel greed, And so I think that's a really big misconception and I think that to flip that not being able to let go of money is a form of greed, even if that is to invest in yourself. You still feel like the money is better held in your hands, and you're afraid to invest it in a summit. You're afraid to invest in a course, You're afraid to invest in a vacation. You're afraid to invest in whatever it is it's going to improve you in the future. It's still a form of greed per se if you can't let it go.
Speaker 4: So it's such a laird topic, right.
Speaker 1: Well, when you said you think, when I think about greed and I think about investing in yourself, I can't help but think about our even our retreats that we do, and how how you know a lot of women are interested in coming to these retreats. We just did one in Costa Rica. We have one in Mexico in July. And one of the biggest things that we hear is like, oh, I can't afford it, or I'll go on the next one, or like I just I just can't, I just can't, or it's too expensive. And granted, these are all real, real things, right Like I'm not one to tell someone, you know, what their bank account looks like and what their capacity is for a trip like that. But what I do know is like when when people do you do invest in yourself, like, it comes back tenfold. And I've seen it. I've seen it with these women that come and they say, you know what, I said, fuck it, and I spent the money. And now I'm back home and I feel so much more valuable. I have so much more to offer. I got the raise that I've been waiting for. Now I'm ready and activated to do this or that, and that that idea really manifest in all ways, whether it's investing in a tree, whether it's investing in the stock market, whether it's investing in yourself. For that course, like in order to evolve, in order to grow, in order to expand, in order to make more money, you have to be open to letting go.
Speaker 3: Well, there's this perception of like, like you said, like rich people are greedy or like I like, if you've grown up and you don't have like an abundance of you're like you have a perception of what rich people are like. But the truth of the matter is is like I even noticed, like even growing up with like rich ass friends, it's like it's actually the energy of not worrying about if it's coming. You're going, Like girls spend it like all you're tripping, like I'll leave that food there, you know, whereas like I'm like I'm taking it home knowing damn well, I'm not going to eat it, you know, like like I feel guilty leaving it because like someone can eat this food or but like it's actually the understanding that you let it go and that it easily flows back to you. It's like a constant flow. But are a lot of times we've we've labeled it or perceived it as this like negative thing that it almost feels for me. It's not almost I almost feel guilty, like when I'm okay, you know, like oh my god, like somebody else is not okay, but I'm okay now. But you know what I mean, like working all this time to get to that point, and then you're like you're even you feel even weird being in the point of which you work to be in because you've perceived it a certain way. The other day, I was watching a movie and I had this like brief thought and it was crazy, like I don't know, they're supposed to be in a rich place and like a rich home, and I was like, oh, yeah, they're rich. They have wallpaper that's my thought. I was like, oh, well, like, yeah, they're rich wallpaper. But then I was like, I was like, you can have wallpaper too, you do.
Speaker 1: You do have wallpaper.
Speaker 3: But I was just thinking for that brief moment, I'm like, what are you thinking about? Why are you thinking this way? And I was like you, I told myself, like, you two can have wall of paper. But in my mind I had written it off as this like very wealthy thing.
Speaker 2: Something that I recently started practicing that you just reminded me of is when I have those types of thoughts, when I'm like airing, for example, let's just take the wallpaper thing. Then I will be intent on like where is it that I want wallpaper?
Speaker 4: What is it that I want to wallpaper?
Speaker 2: Where am I admiring abundance somewhere else that I can bring into my life to make me feel like rich, like that, you know when I walk into a room. So for my abundance board, my vision board, it's a compilation of little feelings that I've felt throughout the weeks that make me feel richer, that make me feel elevated, that I might not be thinking about had I not just experienced them, noted them down and I'm making sure that I'm bringing those experiences into my space.
Speaker 4: I find it to be really helpful.
Speaker 1: Where do you want wallpaper in your home?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was taking like the bathroom, okay, like the powder room. But it's so crazy how like subliminal and subconscious those little thoughts are you like take a moment to like dissect them, like what the fuck are you thinking about? But I feel like I've those moments have come up a lot recently, just because I think you can tell me if you can relate to this too loose. Is like our book is about to come out, you know, and it's like a major accomplishment to be able to like be a published author, and you know, like it's a tangible source of something you can see, it's black and white. It's like it's yours. There's an expectation, there's possibly critics, you know, and like just to be you know, like see my dream come to a full manifestation and being a new world, like a new literary world. It's like, oh shit, Like I'm also I'm proud, but I'm also like there's also a part of me that has that imposter syndrome, you know, like do I belong here? And it's like, yeah, bitch, you do because you're here. And it's also like just knowing like there has to be such a special and specific combination of people two for each of us to exist, you know, like two people abound, two people around, two people amongst two people had to come perfectly together to make you. You know, like every every story, like the fact like how your mom got here and how your grandparents got here, and like the particular like combinations and like worlds and energies that had to exist for us to be created for just for these like these, like I'm always really obsessed with stories, like the behind the scenes stories of how things come to be, because a lot of times it is so magical and like you have a foreshadowing when you have twenty dollars for a week and you're the stock market only for you to be here and literally publishing and writing this full you know, this your baby to the world about financial literacy. It's just like they're so like you had to really come into who you are and believe that you're that person in order to deliver this to the world. And you're just going to affect and change so many people's lives. And it's like the sooner that we understand that our voice and our gifts and our purpose is so particular and special and like there's no other combination of people that could produce these things. It's like we would have spent so much less time worrying about, you know, for where we're supposed to be and if we're like worthy, and you know, it's a lot of like unlearning those things to be present and to be like, you know, come be in the moment and really like walk in the door and like I'm that bitch. But it's just like a lot of programming and reprogramming that comes around accepting that you can have these things. You can have wallpaper, you can write a book, you know. So I think it's it's such powerful work that you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I have to parent myself constantly, you know, Like sometimes I wake up freaking out in the middle of the night, Like I wrote a book about the stock market, Like what if I'm wrong somewhere in there? What if some white man comes and reads my book and caris it apart?
Speaker 1: Like I get I.
Speaker 2: Constantly have to remind myself like this is my process it is okay, like you know, but I feel like that part of it, I don't know if that well. I honestly, I hope that never ends because it means that I am striving towards achieving things that are so big that I perhaps never saw myself doing that. I'm constantly having to remind myself you belong, you're here, this is a new level of expansion, a new place you're reaching for. So, but yeah, a lot of parenting goes into it, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's definitely moments for sure. I mean, I today the joy like I had to like take myself down and be like, it's okay, everything's going to work out for me. With and we've talked about this on other episodes with you about like you know where your money wounds begin, and generally they begin in childhood and feeling like, oh my god, like at some point something happened where you began to fear money, began to fear like feel like this idea of like that it's it's it's it's not it's always gonna leave your hands or it's out of your control. And you know, me and Mila, we've we've had a lot of big accomplishments this year between you know, putting out this book, you know, doing our fifth and sixth retreat in Costa Rica, opening up our podcast studio that we're sitting in right now, buying we actually just bought land in Costa Rica. And these are all like really big investments, like the biggest investments. Taking out a loan that we like fucked up, Like we took out a really bad loan, and like now we're really having to like learn hard lessons about money. And you know, some of these things have like triggered my money wounds of feeling like, oh my god, like did I fuck myself? Or like, am are we gonna be okay?
Speaker 3: Go bankrupt? Podcast We're gonna go back to the living room. Oh my that.
Speaker 1: And so you know, I've had to talk myself off bridges and ledges and and and also there's also this thing that I have also so knowing that even though I'm still working on my money wounds, I know too in my life and I think it is a testament to my mom and her acquiring a lot of wealth later on in my life, and also me going to school with wealthy people that watching them spend their money like and seeing that like there was no fear there, and for some reason with me in my life, like whenever I'm at my last dollar, something always comes through, something always comes through that it's like we're gonna be okay, okay, And and I just had to remember that even this morning when I was like, bitch, are you got me stressed out today? No, you're not. We're just gonna we're just gonna talk through some things and just like make sure you know, me and Meela on the same page about what we have to do and like figure it out from there. And also like money's on the way at like literally it's on the way, so just chill the fuck out, but like not spiraling out of control and just being like, girl, you're doing amazing, Like look at all these things you've accomplished. You accomplished them because you've you've acquired the thing that you've been so afraid of from the beginning, and you've been able to like do make these purchases, invest and you know, and people believe in your and your dreams and your ideas and you have to like really be stand ten toes down in that and you the fear will pop up and you know, what. You might make a bad investment in the stock market and it might fuck up, and that's okay, because that's how you learn not to do it again. Just like this really terrible loan that me and Mila took out. Like I'm like, okay, well I've learned my lesson. Like I really need to ask a lot more questions. I really need to send a lot more emails. I really need to like have a lawyer look through the contract before I fucking sign it, and not just trust the invisible white man on the other end, and he is.
Speaker 3: Going to lie to you blatantly, great face, he is going to lie to you, like, straight up. I don't think that that nice man on the other line the side of the phone is not going to straight up fucking light to you, because they do and they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think this goes back to what you were saying earlier in terms of investing into going to Costa Rica and having a powerful experience and making the.
Speaker 4: Space for it.
Speaker 2: I think what we really need to understand and lean into practice is when we let go of money, we're also making space for more money to come in. The tighter we hold on to the money that we have. It's like, imagine your arms are full holding the money that you have, instead of letting go, opening your arms and releasing money to flow out and making the space for money to come in. I can't tell you how many times I've stepped out and just faith that something is going to happen with no money, with no backup, And every single time I do that, I am always rewarded with multiple so much more money, like it multiplies for me, and it's always incredible to witness. And also that the concept of you know, you can you have all of the experience where money has flowed in and it has saved you. And I think it's important for us to move into the space of it overflowing and not like meeting the end of the wire, like instead knowing that the wire is continuous and it goes on forever and ever, so no matter how much is spent, is always going to return. Literally, the belief that money is you know, is like it's like in a pizza pie versus its infinite. Is such a disservice to ourselves because I think, especially I know you all as entrepreneurs, you understand that you you are the creators of money. You picking up the microphone being the creators of money investing into land in Costa Rica, and you know what that's going to return to you tenfold as you take more communities out there. What that's going to bring, how you're going to show up for community and like you get to say, yeah, I have investments in Costa Rica, Like how fucking dope is that? How many of us get to say that? And then we get to hear you all say that. You know, it gives it makes it easier for us to be able to make those same type of moves. So, yeah, that's awesome. Congratulations, that's such a big that's such a big step. Thank you, It's inspiring.
Speaker 1: It felt really good. Thank It feels really good. Yeah. I was looking through your book and I do I love how how easy it is to really understand, you know. I think that there's a lot of books around money that feel really overwhelming, and there's a lot of words that you feel like you have to google and then like can I remember them? Do I know what they mean? And your book really breaks things down. And I don't want to say it's like stock Market for Dummies, because I know that book exists and even that when I think it's a little confusing, but it's like a it's like a real person's guide to understanding, like from the beginning, and you have this chapter where you talk about like it's setting money intentions. Can you talk Can you talk to us about what that means?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's for us. Setting money intentions. For me is to simply set a goal with money, an intention with money on what you want to invest in. So what's really important about the stock market is that it's time in the market. That's what's really going to make you wealthy. So like that's what has made Warren Buffett wealthy. It's not the selling of the securities, it's not the selling of the actual shares of.
Speaker 4: The stock itself.
Speaker 2: It's spending time in the market. And so I've always found for me, when I'm making an investment, I set an intention for that investment. So for example, with the Netflix stock, I told myself that that investment was one day going to buy me a house, which is crazy because you think seven thousand dollars, when has that ever been able to.
Speaker 4: Buy anybody a house?
Speaker 2: But I said this intention for myself, and I had to see it through and in the midst of it, I got laid off.
Speaker 4: In the midst of it.
Speaker 2: Two weeks after I got laid off, my partner got laid off. Two weeks after that, we find out we're pregnant. We're moving into my sister's house. We're making all of these changes into our life. And the one thing I never did was sell the stock because the intention for that stock wasn't to save my ass in case, you know, we were trying for a child. What we didn't expect was to get laid off and to have the child happen at the same time.
Speaker 4: I didn't use that money to like save my ass there.
Speaker 2: I really kept the intention for it, and I was truly rewarded like I was at the time because I was an entrepreneur and I was bringing in, you know, not a significt amount of revenue in my business.
Speaker 4: I only qualified for a.
Speaker 2: Loan that was like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, which limited me to where I could buy a home. You know, I moved out here to Texas for that reason. But also I was able to pull one hundred and twenty thousand from the stock market to add to that loan and not limit myself to a certain area or constrict me in any way.
Speaker 4: I completed the intention for that money.
Speaker 2: So it's really important for me as you move through the eight steps in the book that it's very relatable, it's very intentional. And also my story is interwoven throughout the entire books, so it doesn't feel heavy in that you're learning eight steps. Like you said, it is relatable, but my own personal story is just mixed in there, which helps you take a brain break understand my perspective where I'm coming from in terms of money wounds, what I've had to overcome to get to this place, to hopefully inspire others that they can also do the same and make these types of investments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that's I think it's really important. It's like, is it not? Is like the victimhood part and you have this part. I love it. It says put a lid on the Bobcitallo and step out of victimhood and like basically put a lid on like poor me and step out of like you know that everything bad always happens to me, or I'm not good with money, or money is the root of all evil. And like you've said this before, and I remember you talking about them. A lot of people think that money is the root of all evil because you know, we see how capitalism, you know, it is just you know, to see how it works here in America. But it's really it's a tool. And if you know how to use the tool, then it doesn't have to be evil. It actually work in your favor. It can work for you, it can work for your family. It's just you have to get out of this victimhood mentality and really address your money wounds to really be able to start reprogramming and rewiring your mind around this concept of money.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and.
Speaker 4: A lot of the time, sorry no goep no go ahead.
Speaker 2: A lot of the times it's really hard for us to see our own victimhood, right, Like it's really hard for us to realize like, oh shit, I'm really behaving like a victim in this moment in time, especially when it comes to money.
Speaker 4: It's so challenging, which is why it's.
Speaker 2: Important to always have I think, like a safe community, a partner friendships where you're able to call those things out with one another, like, hey, you're behaving like a victim when it comes to this to this specific issue. Here because I was doing that. I was really good at owning my shit everywhere else. But for whatever reason, when it came to money, I really believed poor me, Like I really really believed that I was at a strong disadvantage. It wasn't until I unders stood that today, in this day and age, our thoughts are currency. You know, when back in not that long ago, seashells were currency. But today, in this day and age, our thoughts are what is currency. And I can tap into those thoughts and I can capitalize on those thoughts and at the same time improve and make better for my community. It's not just all about me. It's also about what I'm doing for my community, what I'm reflecting.
Speaker 1: Speaking about your community, I'm so I'm interested in I mean, I know you're an educator and you teach a lot of people. Do you have any success stories that you can share with us that maybe like we're just really you know, surprising or just really just really impactful or really left a mark on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know. One of the biggest things for me early on tying this back to victimhood is that I felt that every buddy else had the same money story as me. So like I felt sorry for myself in certain areas or I don't have money for this. I don't have money for that, and I would im pole outside of me, like, they probably don't have money for that, they probably don't have money for this, not even I was basically just assuming that because I'm broke from my perspective of this space, that so is everyone else in my community. And I've really had to work through that because that's what has stopped that's what stopped me early on on adequate pricing on any experiences that I was providing, whether it was live events or whether it was courses, Like I had to understand that it's not me I'm selling too, that yes, there is a lot of me that's coming out in this work, but I can't assume that everyone's in my financial situation. And so I think what has been the most eye opening is when I get to have one on one in which I do from time to time with our students, and I get to see their portfolios and I'm looking at like one hundred thousand dollars portfolios, two hundred thousand dollars portfolios, or even just thirty thousand, forty thousand, fifty thousand and they started investing with me in twenty twenty and I'm like, dang, like you're really out here doing like you've taken everything I've said and you really are out here applying it.
Speaker 4: And it's that to me blows my mind.
Speaker 2: When they were like before you, I didn't even have a portfolio, and just getting to look at Commas and.
Speaker 4: Zeros is like this is real.
Speaker 2: Like I know it's real, but I think, like, I know it's real because I see it in my life.
Speaker 4: But to get to see it reflected and to get to.
Speaker 2: See our students have some incredible portfolios and then do boss shit like sell a portion of the stock and go purchase a house for an Airbnb and I'm like, yes, like this is what I'm talking about. It's not just about investing in the stock. It's about understanding that the stock market is accessible to us. I don't give a fuck what they say, like it is accessible to us. There's a book here, eight steps on how to do it.
Speaker 4: That's one small component.
Speaker 2: It's important for us to diversify, also have real estate, you know, invest in other things as well, but make sure that we understand that we can play in this space and that it's it may feel hard, but it's really not as hard as we make it out to be. We don't We're not scared to drop a thousand dollars on an iPhone, you know, We're not scared as content creators. We're not scared to drop a thousand dollars on a microphone, you know what I mean. And it's that same thing. We're investing into these companies that are making so much money off of us already. It's just securing a part of their bag. That's all it is. It's not necessarily that you have to do anything that's risky. It's paying attention to what it is that you're consuming and what your business is dependent on. You know, if you take a payment plan, payments through Square app, if you use Square space, if you use an iPhone, it's just really taking a look at all of the things that not just you are dependent on, but that you are very dependent on, and so is your community. It's just tapping into that company and taking.
Speaker 4: A piece of their bag.
Speaker 2: It's so important for us to understand that space, and they've been dominating it for way too long. The amount of people that buy direct stock in the United States that isn't tied to their four oh one k's is only fifteen percent. So out of all of the Americans in the United States, only fifteen percent own stock directly, and out of those fifteen percent ten percent the top ten percent own all eighty nine percent of shares. So it's only the elite that are tapping into this, and it's not that they they just understand Yo, everyone is dependent on Apple. It would make sense that if the United States is depending on Apple, then perhaps this might be a company I should take a look at investing into.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people think, like, oh, it's too late for that. Oh I'm too late to invest in Apple. I'm too late to invest in Netflix, like I don't even know, Like I think that that's also been my mindset too around it, like, oh, I didn't get in early, so it doesn't you know, I missed that that ship is sailed, you know. And and what I'm hearing is it's not true. And I know, like even from our previous conversations, and what I think you're also saying here too, is that you need to invest in what you know, like, don't invest in shit you don't know shit about, Like if you have an if you're an iPhone user, hello, Like, if you use this, what is it that adds value to your life? And invest in that? Don't invest in like random? I mean, I know cryptocurrency is a whole other, you know, ballgame. And I even invested in crypto early and I didn't know what the fuck I was doing at all. Literally, my friend did it for me. She took my phone and did it. I was like, what is a theoreum? I have no idea what the fuck this is? But I'm investing. And you know, I watched it grow and I still didn't know shit about it. And I also watched it totally leave because I didn't know anything about it. I invested in something I know absolutely nothing about and I didn't educate myself. And I just said, I always want I want to get on the bandwagon before it's too late, and you know that was That's my mistake, and I think that's the mistake of a lot of people. And then they get defeated. They're like, Okay, well this isn't for me. I'm not going to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think I also like to take it back to missing the boat on something. I think it's important for us to understand a couple of things. The first is that Netflix is still a really young company. Like let's look at big time companies in the stock market. We're talking Johnson and Johnson, We're talking Coca Cola, were talking McDonald's. How old are those companies? People are still continuously buying shares into those companies because they feel that we will still be addicted to coke. Come ten fifteen years from now, We'll still be eating cheeseburgers at McDonald's, like you know, So compare the weight of that company to companies that are newer, like an Apple, like a Netflix. I mean, imagine if at ten years of Walt Disney being a company, people were like, I can't invest in this anymore because I missed the boat. We're looking at a really old company that is still extremely valuable and is promising into the future with their streaming service. They're always there's always going to be innovations. I'm not saying to invest in any of those companies. I'm just using them, as you know, as just to show you how they're actually really young companies. Netflix didn't even become profitable until twenty twenty one. That's how new it is, it's still reinvesting into itself, it's still figuring things out. So yeah, I think there's a real opportunity here. And you know, I think also blockchain technology is incredible. It's still really early, though. We're looking at a new asset class. So what we're looking at is a new type of currency that is being built in our lifetime. The dollar bill existed long before us, so imagine this new currency we're going We should expect for it to come up and come down, and come up and come down. We also had a really unique experience in twenty twenty with a pandemic where everything just kind of ran up really high, and now it's just giving back all of those gains, which is what took place with ethereum and bitcoin. But I think in the long run, we're going to see these types of investments like real winners, not all of blockchain, not all of Like I'm just talking about bitcoin and ethereum specifically. I don't know about the other coins or anything like that.
Speaker 4: But I do think.
Speaker 2: That that asset class is still really brand new, young, and it's still has a lot of potential for the future.
Speaker 1: Are there any companies that you would recommend investing in now.
Speaker 2: So I can't, like legally, like by law, I wouldn't be able to give any tips on what to invest in. But I think what's really important for us to understand that is really hot right now, and it has been for a while. I've been into this for a while, is it's AI, it's artificial intelligence. Understanding where artificial intelligence is going.
Speaker 4: To take us.
Speaker 2: That was why I began investing in Tesla, you know before, because I didn't feel people saw Tesla as an electric company. I didn't see it as an electric company. I actually saw it as a artificial intelligence car. That's the way I looked at it. This way I continue to look at it. They still have the most data that they're retrieving from their AI, but I do think that's the future and a lot of these companies are implementing AI technology, and so I kind of feel like AI is like going to be the new gold Rush of our lifetime.
Speaker 4: That's going to be the next big thing.
Speaker 2: So I would say that if you're going to invest in anything, investigate whether that company is dabbling in artificial intelligence and what their plans are for that. Artificial intelligence so scary, so scary.
Speaker 3: That's the part that it scares me. And that's what I stay away from it too.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, and it's true. It's like I think people hear AI, or at least I do, and I almost like want to reject it immediately.
Speaker 3: I think of like Will Smith and Rob I Roba, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think of like I think of the root of all evils, and I think, okay, well, okay, if I can look at money as a as a tool, then I could look at AI as also a tool and not look at it as this like super scary thing that's going to like rue society.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing about perspectives to like even what Luce was just saying about, you know, like having like assuming that like people are in the same financial situation as you too. It's like like having a trouble pricing your your merch or you're you're you know, the things that you have in business, or like having this fear like or even if you've like scrolled through Instagram and you see like rich bitches and you're like, oh, fuck them, like they have this or they have that, Like you make an assumption about them and the same way you're like, oh, well, you know, my friend was struggling three years ago, she's probably still struggling. I don't want to talk too much about this, or I don't want to make my candle super expensive, or like, am I worth this price? But it's it's like you have to change the shift that that mentality and know that you're at like every people, there's more than enough for everyone, and it's worth what you're selling. It's worth what you're pricing it as, and you're worth what you're doing, and you're worth like, you know, deserving of this amount, this price point. You know, Like it's so interesting how our minds shape the way that we like perceive things and accept them in our you know, in our personal lives.
Speaker 1: True true, true, oh loose. Before we leave, we have two things we have to address. A. I would love if you shared an affirmation with our audience.
Speaker 2: So this affirmation is tried and true for me. It is an affirmation that parents me. I'm I'm sure I've said it in the podcast before, but it is still the affirmation that holds me solid day in and day out, and it is I am unlimited supply it just I can't let go of it. It's my daily affirmation. And it really just reminds me that I'm not dependent on money outside of me. I'm not dependent on what money is.
Speaker 4: Doing outside of me.
Speaker 2: I am solely dependent on my my intelligence in my head and how that sustains me, and it sustains my family and it sustains my community.
Speaker 1: I am unlimited supply.
Speaker 3: I am unlimited supply.
Speaker 1: I love that. And we also pulled a card at the top of the show, actually well before the show, and Lucy pulled the Chariot card m the Chariot.
Speaker 3: It usually means control, willpower, success, action, determination. The chariot is a card of will powered, termination, and strength. You have discovered how to make decisions in alignment with your values with the Lover's card, and now you're taking action on those decisions. When the chariot appears in a TIRA reading, take it as a sign of encouragement. You have set your objectives and now channeling your inner power with a fierce dedication to bring them to fruition. When you apply discipline, commitment, and willpower to achieve your goals, you will succeed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Now isn't the time to be passive in the hope that things will work out In your favor, take focused action, and stick to the course no matter what challenges may come your way, because believe me, there will be challenges. You may be pulled in opposite directions and find your strength and conviction tested. Others may try to block you, distract you, or drag you down to pursue drag you down the pursuit of your goal. But the chariot is an invitation to draw upon your willpower and home in on what's essential to you so you can push past the obstacles in your way. Hmm, willpower and focus, Oh yeah, got you to be the wealth warriors. So it seems on point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for those listening like yes, focus and willpower is what it takes, really, I think to be successful in all ways and to go down this road of you know, feeling confident in the stock market or whatever it is that you know, whatever avenue you're using in order to invite more abundance and cash flow into your life. So thank you, yes, thank you for that, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you for having me. The book comes out April eleventh. I wanted to make sure I share that, and it's pre order right now. You can get it at Target, Walmart, Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 4: Amazon. Yeah, so definitely.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we'll make sure to put If you click the link in this episode description, you can pre order Loose's book today, Wealth Warrior, eight Steps for Communities of Color to Conquer the stock Market. And where else can our people find you?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can find me on Instagram at Lou's Warrior and our business Instagram where we give all the stock market news at in Loose we trust.
Speaker 1: In this we trust and also has amazing courses. Make sure you check out her courses and tap into her community so that you can feel supported and know you're not alone in your journey into abundance and wealth. So thank you so much, Thank you louse joining.
Speaker 4: Us, thank you for having me, and.
Speaker 1: You guys know where to find us at Good Mom's Underscore Bad Choices on Instagram. Make sure you also click the link in this episode description to check out our next retreat. We're going to Mexico, Sayulita, Mexico. It's about an hour from Puerto Vaarta and we're taking a group two groups of amazing women out there. So if you want to invest in yourself, also make sure you check out at the Good Vibe Retreat on Instagram as well. Make sure you check out our merch we're wearing it. If you're on YouTube right now, you can see I'm wearing our black as Fuck, Fine as Fuck, mom as Fuck new long sleeve shirt and Mila is actually wearing our jersey. We have a really cool little tribe jersey, So check us out. Support black and brown women, and we love you and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye.