Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB.
Speaker 2: This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. It's me Joey p back from WrestleMania and of course the Welsh. Shout out to Scott Bogman who filled in for me yesterday so I could still hit the breakfast buffet and sleep in after two very long nights of incredible sports entertainment and pro wrestling. It was a glorious two evenings, especially Night two Cody Rhodes American Nightmare gets his championship. I'm very excited, Welsh waving the flag, very excited and it was just great about to go with my daughters and my cousin. We had a great time. And thank you for holding down the fort for me yesterday, Welsh. And apparently everybody needs Tommy John. So I just want to check on you. How's the elbow today, because I know you're in the show, and I've seen some of your angles when you work your mouse, and I got a say, they're a little suspect.
Speaker 1: It's a little.
Speaker 3: Sore, not gonna not gonna lie, gonna have to stretch it out. Been putting a lot of max effort on the clicks, you know, and so we go. We go fast clicks over here, as fast as possible. We want to make sure that we are utilizing every element of it. And I don't know, there might be some UCL damage, So we're gonna go get a checked out.
Speaker 1: After the show, we'll get you an MRI. We'll get that all set up for you.
Speaker 2: Make sure that whether you're getting MRIs today or not, make sure you're doing so. Over at Bet three sixty five and place your bets there too, get an MRI, place a bet. Lots of versatility, but in whatever you do, leave that promo code leading off. When you do bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets every time you do or first bet safety net one thousand dollars in bonus bets, but again promo code leading off.
Speaker 1: And of course we're giving away free stuff today. We have the winner of the trophy, s Maac Trophy. We've got a.
Speaker 2: New giveaway, lots of fun things, but let's start at the top. It's great to see my peanuts and cracker Jacks again. I missed you all, Love you, and shout out to the guy who's in the top of the chat who sat.
Speaker 1: Nemo this week, So good on you. Well done with that four for four.
Speaker 2: Let's start with some fun, my boy, Ellie Dela Cruz Homer twice one and inside the Parker three for four, four run scored, a stolen base, A fun day for Ellie Dela Cruz. The fun to watch factor for Ellie de la Cruz is off the shart squash.
Speaker 1: We know this. We know we have to take the good with the bad.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the bad's gonna be those strikeouts in the swing and miss, and that's just part of the show.
Speaker 1: But when the show turns.
Speaker 2: Like this, like it did yesterday, oh baby, Ellie Dela Cruz is a special special talent. Which you think of the Ellie performance from yesterday, because I know the Fantasy managers out there certainly loved it.
Speaker 3: This is exactly what Ellie is built around. He's built around these explosive games, these explosive weeks, and it's all gonna be about consistency. But this, I think is rubber meets the road at the end of the day with Ellie Ellie right here by the way I pictured in my background. This is what you've got to figure out if you're an Ellie owner. I'm gonna mostly assume that you know what ride you're in for. You know that you're in for probably lots of strikeouts, bad batting average, bad swings, but you're gonna just at the end of the day, you're gonna have a guy that's probably gonna steal fifty five to sixty bases this year, is probably gonna hit twenty homers, but might hit two thirty and have big swings. The reason I'm saying this, though, is people see this experience and they're like, let mean, look at the chat in all this Ellie loving all the Elli, but everybody also is talking about how ridiculously bad Ellie's swing and miss game still is, which it still is. Talking about the expected batting average, which is not even two twenty, it's two sixteen. He's a forty one percent K percentage, his walk percentage is down, his hard hit percentage is down. So I say all this to say, just understand what version of Ellie exists, and if you can stomach the swings, he's great to have. But this is also the opportunity if you've wanted out of that business, to get out off of these big, massive swings because the bad stuff is still there. The strikeouts are there, the batting average is not there. But he is still the fastest player in baseball. Two homers, six stolen bases so far, and he has doubled his barrel percentage. I just make sure people have that perspective of Ellie because I really don't think this tells us anything that we should like be like, eh, should we buy an Ellie? Should we sell it now? It's just like you should know exactly what you're getting into. He's fun. He's the most fun fantasy player out there, and yesterday was a prime example of him flying around inside the park homers, big monster crush bombs. This is Ellie.
Speaker 1: Trent has an interesting point of view. Ellie's fun. Not a great fantasy player, but a lot of fun. Nonethe last, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I was just a great fantasty player.
Speaker 2: I think he's a great fantasy player. I think that he's just sometimes not a great fantasy player. And that's just part of the ride with Ellie.
Speaker 1: And he's so young. He's also a you know, he's also a taller player too.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you know a little bit, you know, it takes some guys a little longer who are the bigger side to learn the strikes on the major league level, it's a little bit different up there, I feel like, so I.
Speaker 1: Would just be patient with this trend.
Speaker 2: By the way, your hair is so high today, it's barely in the frame, like when you get very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get up there and Haros just out of the frame.
Speaker 3: It's like cropped out. Yeah, you know, like at the getting back to Ellie and not my hair. I think there are improvements that are happening. If that's the other thing that people are wondering, like, hey, you know, is this changing? I think some things are changing. He's barely in the ball even more. He's really crushing fastballs so far this year. He's hitting breaking pitches a little bit better. So those are like the good signs. And I think Ellie is an awesome head to head player. I think he's a pretty good roto player in what he does big in roto is going to be great. But you got to make up for him. You probably need to have like Luisa Rise and Joung Hoolee and stuff like that to make up. But at least a great fantasy player, and he's a better.
Speaker 2: Roto player to be honest with you, like the batting average is going to hurt sometimes, but it's more of these strikeouts where like in the points leagues.
Speaker 3: For me point he's stinky, he is.
Speaker 2: It's a different common I don't want to say stinky. I think that's too far, but kind of stinky different.
Speaker 1: You can keep things thinking. Let's talk about Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: Lasted three innings, allowed three runs against the Giants, so guess exactly what we thought.
Speaker 1: The velo was in the same range.
Speaker 2: But again he looked like a guy who I would say from the highlights I saw yesterday working his way back, so encouraging that he was out there.
Speaker 1: In the month of April.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: It's only the ninth I assume the Blake Snell that we're used to seeing we'll see somewhere towards the end of the month. You think that's being a little bit too you know, bearish, or you think that's actually maybe sooner.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's about right. I mean, this was one of the bets yesterday. If you guys listened to the show, it was the under six and a half. They dropped six and a half on us, like right away, and this had to do with workload of like what they would let Blake Snell do in the first game versus one of the lowest walk teams in baseball in Washington, and it worked out. It worked out well, But I'd say this seventy two pitches, this is a team that doesn't like strike out a ton and walk more. In Washington, he had a forty four percent swing and whiff rate on seventy two pitches. He had double digit whiffs on every single pitch he threw. So the guy the stuff is still there. There weren't. The slider was like a little bit less, but everything was still about on target. Fifty percent with rate on the fastball, the changeup, which has been so good, fifty percent with rate. He threw that around eighteen percent of the time. I think it's just getting into a groove, allowing him to go ninety five one hundred innings or of pitches so he can get into like the fifth inning. That's about what Blake Snell's about. I thought it was great. I thought it was fine. That's what I expected. That's why I went on an under against him in the first game. I think he'll get right pretty quick and we'll still see the snell that's like two or three walks a game and like eight to nine strikeouts a game. That's who he's going to be all year long.
Speaker 2: It's a great question from Tim Sawyer. Who do you see as the better long term option and fantasy Gunner or Ellie?
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I think Gunner's probably the safer high floor guy, but Ellie has that best in baseball potential like that. That's the thing about Ellie, and I don't think Gunner has that. I think Gunner is a very good player. So Gunner to me is like the safer long term fantasy investment. But it's only one guy has a chance to be like cream of the crop, top three pick. And I don't think it's Gunner that's me personally as good as Gunner is, Ellie has that possibility as he gets older and matures as a player. I don't know what your take is.
Speaker 1: That's mine. I'd like both of them.
Speaker 3: But that's kind of a cop out, crappy answer is that, like, are you talking like dynasty?
Speaker 2: He just says better long term option. I mean better long term option, like Gunner is the safer high floor guy. Yeah, then I don't think like investment wise I don't think you're ever going to be upset about whereas there is potential to be upset about Ellie's other crews. Maybe he doesn't make the advancements we hope over time. Maybe he is always going to be this guy who is, you know, brilliant some weeks another week's struggle bust. I don't know, he is only April, but I mean, I always want the upside guy.
Speaker 3: I agree the upside is Ellie. But in my Dynasty ranks, I had Ellie really really high. I moved him down under gunner and really it's just about like it doesn't look even though he is barreling the ball better, forty plus percent k percentage is really bad and like, how long is this going to maintain? Is this going to hold? I'm a little bit. I'm just worried the swing and miss. Plus this team is making no commitment to hitting him high in the order. It doesn't matter if he just hit two homers. I don't know, Like these these games are awesome, and this is what's so tough about Ellie. The game we just had, that's a game where we sit here and we talk and we're like, by the way Ellie could be the best player in baseball. Then we forget, you know, the previous like five games where he's striking out fifty percent of the time and he's hitting six or seven in the orders. So I think Gunner is the safer bet long term, big hard hit numbers. He does steal, he's gonna hit thirty homers, MVP like player. I just think if Ellie hits over two fifty one year, he's gonna be like the best player in baseball. I still know if that's ever gonna happen, and he's not really showing the signs yet, but I do still think he can lead baseball in stolen bases, and I think he can lead in just wow moments.
Speaker 2: Overall in baseball. He's a forty to forty potential player. And I don't think that's hyperbole, like that's and again the emphasize, you know, with the capitol p here. But it's a great question that tim ask I like the good questions. Peenos a cracker Jack's bringing good questions today. Otani three for five with a solo homer yesterday. Also Bailey ober Nice bounce back seven K's one run five, So everybody can calm down, Uh, tailor too. Zach's Zach Gallon didn't get the decision, but three runs in five innings struck out ten Rockies. But again it's the Rockies, so this is your I went out of Zach Gallen moment. This is your opportunity. God, just I think I Rockies may well look.
Speaker 1: Charlie the Rockies. Zach Eflin, on the other hands, runner five runs, so now we're back to the other version.
Speaker 2: So very jecculin hide season for Zach Efflin. Again it was lost to the Angels too. The Angels not exactly the greatest lineup. I saw a stat that Mike Trout has his last ten homers, he has ten RBIs off of God, that's depressing.
Speaker 3: I think he's got five homers on the year with five RBI.
Speaker 2: You go back to last year it was the same thing. So it's kind of codified baseball knocking it out of the Both of.
Speaker 3: These guys, I want to say, are frustrating. Gallon screwed my under four and a half first five. For that, I'm sorry, not gall On. E Flyn Eflin giving out. He had two outs in the fourth and then gave up a stupid bloopy hit. Pitching to a lot of contact, and Gallen is I'm legit. I think I'm like, I kind of want to move on. Like I've been kind of defensive about Gallen. It's is three straight starts. The stuff doesn't look I don't care that he had the fifteen strikeouts. I tweeted this to the first three innings, he threw twenty four curveballs. He just decided I'm throwing curveballs this game. In the second inning, he threw eleven of them. So check this out. His fastball stunk. It was down again over a mile. Prior year, on average had a nine percent with rate, but he had a fifty two percent with rate on his curveball because he just decided I'm now going to throw this forty percent of the time. It was a weird start. Guy started to catch up a little bit later, think I think Gallen is reeling. I'm I'm very frustrated through three starts, and if I could get even value, I just don't know if I want to be in that business. He could write it, and this was the start of maybe him writing it with this weird curveball thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man as someone that watches him every single start. He just doesn't look right and you don't feel like you can get a six inning, no no run game out of him.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: He's given up three a game easy Spencer Turnbull six shout out of innings Monday a good star for him. Thirteen to one k walk rate so far. Ratio there, Luis Castillo, that's one we got to talk about now. A lot of people have already talked about in the chat. Nine hits, four runs, five innings lost of the Blue Jays. So the last time we talked about CASTEO said, I'm not really worried because the strikeouts were there, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm not panicking yet, but I am worried. Welsh, where are you when it comes to Castillo here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean the wiffs are, They're just not there. At twenty two percent wift rate, he had eleven on the game. Brios was a lot more effective. Everything was down again, it was down like a mile per hour on the fastball. He has not righted so far this year. I don't know. I mean, I want to see him throw more secondaries. He was forty percent fastball in this kind of I don't know if you can blame it, but like Herby's kind of been down, Castillo's kind of been down. I wonder if there's something in.
Speaker 2: Having an injury, like what's going on with the Seattle pitchers, like something's.
Speaker 3: Could it be the catching too, I don't know, could like Kyle rally be I don't know where it is right now to be very.
Speaker 1: Interesting there last year.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, that's a great point you saw, you know, even last year, like Saint louis right that that downgrade from Yadi or Molina to anyone.
Speaker 1: Else affected that pitching staff. But there's a big change there.
Speaker 3: I'm less worried about Castille than I am Gallon right now.
Speaker 1: I really.
Speaker 2: If we can break that guarantee, you could get Castillo for Gallon straight up in the trade right now after the ten King, I would do it.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 3: I would usually do yeah, I know, and bolt of people after. Like I kind of like about Gallon. Everyone's like ten K's it's the Rockies. That's equivalent to five strikeouts on other teams. And imagine if there were good hitters, he would have give up more runs. Like watch Gallon, he doesn't look right. He was. I appreciate him completely knowing what he didn't have and being like, I'm gonna throw a bunch of curve balls and stuff. I don't know how long that's gonna last. I think someone pointed out, like Castillo kind of a slow starter. That definitely might be intact. Watch the stuff if it ticks back up. But I still think the stuff is good. He had a thirty two percent wfright on the fastball.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The change up maybe just needs to be a little bit more part of it. I'd like to see him playing around Luis Castillo a little bit, but there is something with the Mariner's pitching staff. Watch Kirby tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll keep an eye on all those guys because that certainly does make a bit of a difference. I want to give away some free stuff too. I want to do listeners here, So here we go.
Speaker 3: Trophy Smacky six little I can't do a thing.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good though. There is Trophy Smack Championship Trophy.
Speaker 2: It is being given away today and the winner is Alexander Torres.
Speaker 1: Alexander, congrats. Get in touch with us at Customer Support mail bag at Fantasypros dot com. Again mail bag at Fantasypros dot com with your mailing address, proof of your.
Speaker 2: Subscription to the Fantasy Bros MW YouTube channel. We'll get that shipped out to you right away. Again, alex Torres, you're the big winner. Congratulations and do you like free stuff Welsh? Because I like freestyle.
Speaker 1: I love to new giveaway.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Am I eligible?
Speaker 1: Boom? No, you can't.
Speaker 3: I look at that thing.
Speaker 2: Look at this Jose Ramirez autograph Jersey. All you gotta do is drop your comments below in a video and be a subscriber to the Fantasy Pros m.
Speaker 1: L B Yeah YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: That's all you gotta do, and you could win this Jose Ramirez autograph Jersey. Two easy steps, that's it. Jose Ramirez can be yours. I mean, that's some good free stuff. I remember some moron in one of the YouTube comments they.
Speaker 1: Never give away the things, they never give away, Yes, we do. We always give away the things. I know because I see the email that goes for the mail bag thing, so we always give away the stuff.
Speaker 2: So Alexander Torres, congratulations, and you want to be like Alexander, go subscribe. Let's get the twenty k this season. That's our goal. Here at Fantasy Pros MLB. Let's get it going. Let's talk about some up and down from yesterday. Lane Thomas continues to get red hot. I know it's hot. Who's on this list? Actually yesterday but again three for five for the homer three ribies love that mister Alvarez in Houston three for five, two homers and Brandon Neimo.
Speaker 1: Full of a full with not one but two homers.
Speaker 3: That first bomb, by the way, I mean, does he just absolutely turned on it every time he starts getting going. By the way, I'm kind of like, dangn why don't I have like more Brandon Nemo share Nimo?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I feel like we talked about him, like, I mean, how many mocks did we do where I took him? Because he's this guy that gonna floats around there and he gets on base, he's got some pop.
Speaker 1: No, he's not gonna steal.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll still ten bases on the year, maybe if you get lucky, like, but he's just a good baseball player. And it's funny because the boring good baseball players that are gonna, you know, score eighty five ninety runs and you know, give you, you know, decent stats across the board, they kind of fall through the cracks sometimes in ADP because everyone get so excited about the what if guys and they get really sour about, you know, some of the guys who have injuries or older players, and the guys like Brandon Nimo just kind of fall through the cracks. And he was a perfect example on the outfield of a great late value pick, and not because of yesterday, just because, but yesterday is certainly a good reminder.
Speaker 3: Well, that offense is really suffered early on, and they're starting to pick it back up. Lindor's starting to pick it back up. Nemo, I think is a really important piece to it. So Met's starting to kind of roll back into it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue on here with the downs, because when there's up, there's downs. You Darvish, three innings, four runs against the Cubby's boo, don't care for that. Maybe it's just something about that cub uniform that just you. Darvish just was never a fan of Hayz with Lozardo talk about Jekyl and Hyde seven runs, four and two thirds lost to the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Not a good audition.
Speaker 2: If the Yankees are the ones who might be uh, vying for your services at one point sooner than later. But again not the best start there for Lozardo, and then Andrew Heeney was shelled for six runs three and two third yesterday against the Astros.
Speaker 1: Any of these downs stand out to you.
Speaker 3: I mean as far as like the Lozardo one is interesting, I'm gonna probably start the clock at some point here of like when is the last start for Lizardo gonna happen? Or when do they just get out of this because that team is gonna they have to sell it off. They're embarrassing. The Marlins are I think one in eleven, one in ten right now. I mean, it's a disaster pile, and there are teams that should probably be a little bit more aggressive in trying to get try to get starting pitching and what's really available.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, Bieber was probably one of the prime mid year guys that would have been traded. It's Lizardo, So I wonder if some team kind of moves in quicker. But you're gonna want better performances from this. All these guys on this down, by the way, I mean, I guess me outside of Heine, but you know, the pitching side being down. It's getting rough as we're getting into like second and third starts for this to continue to be down. Because I was not a lizardo guy. I was kind of fading, but I was a Darvish guy and the Darvish sty I was.
Speaker 2: An axed, a darbish guy, like I'm still good about darbish.
Speaker 1: So bad start, that's fine, you know, like it's April.
Speaker 2: I just want to think it is just relaxed Angelo. By the way, how about Tom Brady signed expos jersey I love your heads at. I just actually got an EXPOS T shirt. I forgot where I bought it from, but I was like, oh, I got it. I saw it online because it's cool. Because I saw baseball in Montreal in Olympic Stadium and it was one of the most amazing weekends of my life.
Speaker 1: Went to not one but two games.
Speaker 2: We drove up there and they stopped us, you know, at the border, and they said, you know, they asked you all the questions, are you carrying any firearms or drugs, and of course we were.
Speaker 1: Carrying all them. We said no.
Speaker 2: But then they asked, go, why it's your reason for visiting Canada And we said, we're here to see the expos and.
Speaker 1: The guy Border patrol laughed out loud at us.
Speaker 3: He's like, pull over, we're gonna check the guitar.
Speaker 1: The guy was like, oh really, I said no, we're here to see the expos. He went okay. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: And then we did bring some Cuban cigars back, so we did smuggle sometimes Border control it don't.
Speaker 1: Come for me, all right. So those are the ups and downs. Let's talk about injuries.
Speaker 2: Justin Foscue ten day with the oblique strain, Trevor's story bone structure in his dislocated shoulder seems to be concerning to Alex kra so it's concerning to Coor.
Speaker 3: He's going to be out for the majority of the season. At this point, it's total.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, yeah, I think we have to ask ourselves his story just done?
Speaker 3: I think is the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Cody Rhodes finished his story, but is trevor story also done?
Speaker 3: That might be. He seems pretty bullish and that's never gonna happen to keep going. But I legit think they were talking like they're hopeful he was in tears, I guess, and hopeful of coming back this season, but he's a cut in fantasy. You move on, you can iel it. I legitimate at the point too, where I feel like I suggest going to the I l less because we're all just just filling it up with pitching at this point, so like put him on the IL. If your roster gets too full and you your iel gets too full, you can dump him. I don't know if he'll be back at all this season, and it'll be really interesting to see if Rafaela ends up filling some of that middle infield spot and you know, maybe Will you're a Bray, you is going to get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you, is rafael of a big winner here? I feel like he is because I feel like now it's like he's got all the rope in the world, Like yeah, there's nothing to me that like, no matter if he struggles, if he doesn't, whatever happens the rest of the month, like it's yours kid, Like.
Speaker 3: I think Rafaela is locked. It'll be interesting to see, like von Grissom, you know, him coming up a Bray, We're just gonna have to see. I think they might just put a bunch of different pieces in there. But Rafaela probably the biggest winner if there were any questions if he was going to stick around because middle and outfield.
Speaker 1: I got nothing for von Grissom. Watch them play. I just I don't see it. I don't I don't see it. I don't know why. Maybe you know. And and it's funny because.
Speaker 2: I remember when it was Drew Waters and it was Pasche and it was a couple of the other Braves guys. The Braves has done a really good job of you know, nobody's better than the Braves, like in terms of the Albey's and then ronic coony Is and all they like.
Speaker 1: They they they have the evaluation of talent.
Speaker 2: But whenever the Braves, you know, because that system is so good, other prospects in that system tend to get overrated. And whenever the Braves dump somebody, that should be like check please, like you should be out on them because the Braves town evaluation is always good. Like when they made that pivot away from Freeman and signed Matt Olstal, It's like, what a genius move that way, I mean it just because you know, in three years from now that will be a better move.
Speaker 1: Like that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like Freddy Freeman, older player, Like now he's still great. Not knocking Freddy Freeman. Love Freddy Freeman, but like, that was a very savvy business move by the Braves. So you got to hand it to them, all right, more injuries, more concern Now. I wasn't around the weekend to talk about the whole Tommy john stuff going on. Frambra Valdez, scratch from his start, Monday, Swordus and the elbow. Nick Pavetta on the il with the flex train. That one is new, and I know you've got shares of Paveda.
Speaker 1: Now. I have some thoughts and feelings, as I am one to do.
Speaker 2: My thoughts and feelings really stem from facts which are a few years ago. And he was on MLB network. I saw him on MO network and I said, hey, would you come on with me and do a show? And he said yes, Tommy john Junior, Tommy john Son, who was a picture at one point as well, who is a youth sports medicine doctor now And it was a fascinating interview and he basically told me, he say, look the way of youth, the culture of youth baseball and travel baseball and international baseball, where these kids are just doing the one thing over and over and over again at twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: He said, this is critical.
Speaker 2: Moments for these kids, where you know, because the body is not meant to do that at that age. They're not growing properly. They're elbow ligaments and things like that. They're getting taxed at a much higher rate than they should be because it's Johnny's got to throw a million innings over and whatever. And it's not just in the domestic here, it's it's obviously in the international leagues too, and it's obviously going on where in these academies where you have these young kids trying to do everything they can to make it major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: And it's the Max Vlo. It's all these things.
Speaker 2: And he kept saying, I've got kids coming to my office on a daily basis who have the elbows of forty and fifty year old men and the knees of forty and fifty year old men because they are doing travel ball three sixty five. They're playing the same sports over and over again. And he's like, and this is the epidemic. So I understand the people talking about the pitch clock, which I think is complete nonsense personally, because if you watch a game from the seventies and eighties, God, these guys work so fast.
Speaker 1: They got the gall they go right back to pitch.
Speaker 3: Ye they still like like eighty one though too.
Speaker 1: They do. But it was the art of pitching. It was about location, it was about changing.
Speaker 3: But that's not what it is now. I don't need to be argumented if in lenin no.
Speaker 1: I like being Yeah, I'm Italian. I live to argue.
Speaker 2: But the spider tax stuff and the better grip on the ball, especially the newer baseball's welsh. I do think the newer baseballs have hurt pitchers. There was an epidemic. I want to say it was thirteen or fourteen to start the season. I remember I was on Sirius with Dan Strafford, friend of ours, and they were we couldn't believe it. Every time we were on the air for like the first couple weeks, it was these five guys having Tommy John. I remember we had like especially come on and talk to us.
Speaker 1: At that point.
Speaker 2: This is not new, it's not changing. But what is different is, like you said, the max velocity. The guys were throwing eighty five. You know, ninety was a big deal back then. But they knew how to pitch. They knew how to get movement, the location, the art of pitching was different. And also like the max Velo stuff that you go over and over again, and the fact that these guys are these kids at the ages they're doing it, by the time they get to twenty two, twenty three, twenty five years old, they are not built for this. They're going to explode into the elbow. And that is what's going on here, and that's what's been going on for quite some time. So that's again, it's not my take on it. These are facts from a sports medicine youth doctor. Now, I don't know what you said about Strider or Uri Perez or all this stuff yesterday, but I want to hear what you said yesterday because I'm curious about what you think about those facts and what you think might be other things that are moving things in such a negative place when it comes to pitching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm not people know this about me at this point. I'm not kind of a like black and white guy likes this and it's this, so it's probably not too much of a surprise. I don't think it is one. Everybody made the issue that pitch clock, and then I think it is a set of ingredients that have been put together to create an explosive Tommy John epidemic. So I think it is all those things. I think the spider tack might be one of the biggest. I think max effort in every element, the celebration of it. I haven't been thinking about this. There might be a point where we look back on the fire flaming one hundred mile an hour thrower at pitch eighty five, like we do about that ESPN segment of like here got you know, jacked up like big hits in the NFL. We'll look at like that because of the injuries. I just think it is the combo of all the things. So anytime if we get if we get pushed into a focus on this, is this one thing is the only reason. I just don't think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I think you put all those things together and CUBLUI and that's where it's at right now. And I think that is I think the biggest problem. I think the biggest problem with that is it's also because there are multiple different factors, it's going to create a never ending solution. Because people will never focus on multiple factors. They'll only focus on one thing. The big topic of discussion will be the pitchclock. It won't be the training centers that share videos and MLB sharing videos of guys throwing one h two or running max effort stuff. So I don't know how we'll find the answer when I think all of them are contributing to it. The best solution would probably be spider tack and fixing that because then you have less pressure being put on the ball, better grip, so that strains the muscles less. But guess what the least likely of all of them, because then Baseball would have to admit it made a mistake, and that will never happen. They will never backtrack on something that they took out. There is zero.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't change the ball so much over the years, and I mean it's a slicker ball there. Everybody knows this, who pitch it like, they'll all tell you that. But the combination of the slickerball and the spider tack, forget the pitch.
Speaker 1: This whole pitchclock thing is that. I'm telling you, it's a red hairing. Its nonsense. It is the biggest nonsense out there.
Speaker 2: It is also more the again, the culture of it, the max vlo. You don't get noticed if you're not throwing ninety something, no matter how good your stats are in high school. All that nonsense, all that noise is gonna get to a point where I feel like Welsh that you know what running backs are you know now like suppressed in the NFL financially because like, well, we're gonna burn him in, churn them like that could be we're starting pitching oh an of percent.
Speaker 3: The six man rotation is gonna be a lot bigger into the future. And you know, one of the funny things too, I was thinking about, is is it I don't think it's in the KBO. I think it's like one of the Japanese baseball leagues, but I think they pre spider tack the ball. That's probably gonna be the solution that baseball goes through. But then again, it's gonna be like a ridiculous process where they're gonna keep sending out these stupid balls that these players are like, what the hell is this? And it's an unperfect science. It's pretty bad. It's gonna take pictures unfortunately, probably established pitchers, you know, taking their turn to it and not focus on Max Vlo and focus on you know, other pitch types and command and stuff like that. It's just something we're gonna be dealing with for years and years now, and I think it bodes to a bigger question, which we don't have time for, which we talked a little bit about yesterday, is what do you do and how do you pivot in fantasy? Do you either hold on do you what? Do you hold on as time as you can to what you have or do you just freely just whatever?
Speaker 2: Why do you think I didn't take a picture for the first three rounds of any mock we ever did this year? Yeah, Like, I mean, this is this is what I've started to do. And this just continues to drive it home. And it's not that Strider isn't theoretically valuable enough to be a first round pick. He absolutely is, because he's so much better than everybody else. But again it's like, what does that investment cost you if it goes wrong? And the chances of it going wrong are so much higher than the position player.
Speaker 3: But does that mean you're gonna sell off your pictures now? Is that?
Speaker 1: What? Like? You're off?
Speaker 2: But I'm going to buy them at a value. And I'm gonna continue to look for the guys at a value. And you know what else I'm gonna do too, I'm gonna continue to look for something that I again, I keep coming back to it certain builds and certain players too, Like you know the pitchers who have the bigger lower halves that are more of the drop and drive, old school Tom sever looking kind of brid Well. Strider's that to me, does not that guy Skeens is more of that guy. You'll get him physically schemes, his lower half much different than Spencer.
Speaker 3: Strider is like Quadzilla.
Speaker 2: He might be Quadzilla, but in terms of like the size of like he's also not the He's not like a tyler glassnow's eyes.
Speaker 3: Pitchers, I feel like you're doing that. What was the former He was just on the Chicago White White Sox TV. The former man Oigan Ozzie Gan was like, you know what doesn't strain fat and you just need a bunch of fat pictures, get rid of pitch clocking, Let the fatties be out throwing.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't know, man, Like he ain't wrong and I'm not saying you gotta go that far either, But there's definitely you can't have the best science, you can't have the best training methods, you can't have the best analysis and have the worst rate of health. Something is off here, and it's been off for a long time, and it's time for them.
Speaker 1: To figure it out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just, you know, it's the art of pitchers doesn't exist anymore, and that's something we got to get to you. But you know what else is here, luckily the art of wagering. And why should I have that for you? With?
Speaker 1: Of course today Tuesday, the best bets of the day.
Speaker 2: Thanks for waking up Welsh. That's right, well should I are taking through the best bets of the day. I hope that went better yesterday with Boggin. I don't know if you guys really or you.
Speaker 3: I did I set him up for it. I kind of zoned out there for a second. I was thinking about Wow, fat guys and the burgers and the pitching and.
Speaker 1: That don't strain there you go? All right? So let's talk about favorite one of the board.
Speaker 2: Five and a half k's over plus one oh four did the social video about it today for Cole Reagan's Look Struck out seven guys, shrug out nine guys.
Speaker 1: Five and a half is absurd.
Speaker 2: Here's how I do it. I look, I figure out what in my head what it should be. It should have been somewhere around seven and a half. It was five and a half. So bet this one. Bet at hard If you want to bet it up to six and a half, you can altline it. But I'll just take the easy money. At the plus money, I just pourt more units on it and be safer. So I'm not gonna be greedy today. Cincinnati Frankie Montas on the mound today, he's been terrific so far for the Reds. Give me Cincinnati and the Elie de la Cruz bat that's been so hot minus one and a half plus one thirty six against Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: They are at Holt in Sincy. I like this one.
Speaker 2: New York Yankees Carls were down on the mound. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. But aj Puck on the other side and the Marlins due. So give me the Yankees minus one and a half at plus one twelve if you want to have some fun with that. Cole Reagan's number today with the over on the CA's the parlay of the day for Joey p is this Dodgers money line Phillies money line. Cole Reagan's over five and a half at plus one o four. You can get that up two plus four six two. You got Wheeler on the mound for the Phillies today.
Speaker 1: I love that one. So those are my best bets of the day for Tuesday in Major League Baseball. Welsh, what do you have of the people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm down with some of that stuff. By the way, our bet of the day just got absolutely trounced by the Diamondbacks. They screwed it. We hit the one and a half's on everything else and dimebash are just brutal yesterday. But my bets of the day you mentioned Philly. You like Philly. I want to love the Cole Reagans one. I want to be with you on it. It's just the Astros strikeout like bottom three or four in the league, so I just couldn't pull the trigger. But I really wanted to hit a strikeout prop today. My favorite Zach Wheeler six and a half minus one, twenty five. I think it's a great matchup. Cardinals are striking out literally every like top five six in the league. Every single game, it's nine ten a game. We've seen Wheeler rattle off some big strikeout numbers already. I think it was ten in Cincinnati. I really really like this number. I like him to be able to move through the lineup. I will also tell you, as a tiny little aside, I was also looking at his underwalk and it's minus one twenty and a lot of minus one twenty five in a lot of spots at one and a half. Don't hate that one on Zach Wheeler as well. I might hit that personally. You mentioned the Dodgers. You have the Dodgers money line. I can get down with that. I'm gonna actually just take the spread at one and a half for the Dodgers. That's minus one fifteen over on bet three six five. I like the Dodgers to keep this going. Louis Varlin giving up a decent amount of Homer's obviously can pull this back. But the Dodgers' offense has just been going nuts, and I think they're gonna get to Varlin a little bit today. So I like the one and a half. And I haven't done this. I don't know if I've done this all season long, but I just really fell in love with this. This one's going down relatively soon. Adley Riuchmand total bases one and a half even money plus one hundred. I found that, and I like this matchup against bo. He's gonna be able to switch over hitting lefty. Beyo gives up like a two to seventy average against lefties right now, half decent ops. So I like Adlie Richmond, who I believe in all but one of his games where he's had a hit has reached this too, total base marker. I like the total base for some plus money. Those are my bets, my best bets of the day. My friends there.
Speaker 1: You have it everybody, and don't forget when you make those bets.
Speaker 2: Do it with bet three six five, bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use that promo code leading off. It's time to look at the home runs everybody, and somebody is at the top of the board.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say who, but it is me, that's right with seven. I love people like you.
Speaker 2: Don't get your so to home run yesterday just because you were as you mean, it was a weekend call. That's fine, that's fine, whatever you want to do. But I am the heel. I am the final boss. So if you want that Blad Guerrero sign bat, you gotta go through me Joey P to get it. And of course the way you do that is to join our Discord Fantasy Bros. Dot Com slash chat. I don't want to see Christian Yellwich's face today. I want to see it there we go? Who's that good looking guy?
Speaker 1: Welsh? Who's that stud? Right there? For the fair enough?
Speaker 2: But again, join our Discord Fantasybros dot Com slash chat again. Tomorrow We'll be doing cleaning up live after the show on Discord, so the perfect time to join again, Welsh. In terms of the home run calls for today, I'm gonna stay with Wan so no because I'm a heel and I'm a jerk. So I'm picking one Soto again today against the Marlins. I'm expecting some middle relief sooner than later for that game. But your thoughts on your home run call the day, Welsh?
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 3: Who cares? What the hell? I have to say? Worse home run call of all time? I am gonna get to the point where here's what I'm gonna start doing if I don't get a home run the rest of this week. I'm telling you this is what I'm doing next week. I'm gonna make a wheel and I'm just gonna like accept names, and I'm gonna spin the wheel every single show and we'll just start guessing. Because I am bad at this. I wanted to take, by the way, your Yankee game. I kind of wanted to take a Judge in this one because it's a arriety versus a lefty. But Judge hasn't really been good against lefties, so I don't like the Soda one as much.
Speaker 1: But he'll probably hit two.
Speaker 3: So I have for the last couple of days just been trying to go to chalk plays and I keep going in the wrong space. My chalk play of the day, I thought about Freddy Freeman. I thought about show Hey, o, Tani, I'm going to Mookie Bets, give me one extra at bat. Louis Viarland averaging over two homers giving up per game. Right now, I'm hoping Mookie Bets gets to him, and I'm telling you right now, Otani probably will because I talk myself off of it because he's hitting too many homers. Right now, Mookie Bets is my home run call of the day. Please let me get on the port. I gotta get you. I want to pull your taker. I want you to be standing there and I'll just Oh.
Speaker 2: Then I turn around and there's Welsh just staring at me and wants.
Speaker 1: To know Joe doesn't get the bat though if he wins. Right, Oh, we've.
Speaker 3: Already discussed this. Joe gets the bat and he's going to break it live on camera and make you all mad.
Speaker 1: I did this and a bunch of fun codes. Just oh wow, that's right. That's right, everybody. No, I am not eligible to win, but would.
Speaker 3: You give it to somebody?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. Maybe I would, honestly, knowing what I would do, probably I would probably do like a charity bid thing with the peanuts and cracker jacks and whoever bid the most for like Saint Jude's.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do. See now, everybody wants to root for me because I'm doing something nice.
Speaker 3: I would keep it and put it in my back area and not do any of that.
Speaker 1: I know you're worse than see. Everyone thinks I'm the heel, but deep down.
Speaker 2: I'm the nice house, just the real heel around these parts, and we'll both be back tomorrow to do this all again. If you haven't already, made sure you scride to Fantasy Bros MLB so you can win the newest giveaway again. It's a Jose Ramirez autographed Guardians jersey courtesy of us. That's right, drop your comments below, subscribe to the channel. That's all you gotta do, and don't forget. The other good thing to do is get my playbook MLB right now, download that bad boy or go to Fansboros dot com slash MLB my playbook, sink your league, scot free all of them and help us help you win more championships and Fantasy Baseball Welsh fun time today?
Speaker 1: What is it? You have one thing before you go?
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to remind everybody coming up on Wednesday, if you guys want more leading off action, it's Joey and myself for cleaning up. So make sure you guys are in the discord. Go over to Fantasypros dot com slash cleaning up and you can RSVP, I believe right now. To make sure you're in the room, be live with us, ask us questions in the chat or talk with us. Just make sure you're part of it. Maniana on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: By the way, I already subscribe and I comment, so technically I guess I could win this belt.
Speaker 3: So what if you just won all of the stuff and I want to wear.
Speaker 2: The Ramires jersey and break the belt at the same time, and then like the jersey on five, just complete chaos.
Speaker 3: That's when I put barbed wire around the hose.
Speaker 2: There you go, everybody, fun, Time's good to be back, good to see you all. And of course the Welsh that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey Pee. We'll see you next time kids. But fe