Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please ams the Rick Butchers with speeding, Greg Butchers, Edie van Adla and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: And are you ready?
Speaker 3: America?
Speaker 2: The text Nation speaks. The Gulf of America says We're ready. Mississippi says we're ready.
Speaker 4: Robbinsville, North Carolina is ready. Titusville, Pennsylvania here and ready all five hours, Mountville, Alabama, the New Pope is ready?
Speaker 2: Is he home there?
Speaker 5: Laurel, Mississippi is ready. Speedy's wallet is ready and hiding Detroit, Rock City is back. Weaver Alabama, Mississippi.
Speaker 4: State University, and then you drawer in Waste Management is ready.
Speaker 6: All five hours.
Speaker 5: Hard Soul, Alabama is ready ready, Ozark is in the hand, The Rocket City is ready, Michigan is ready.
Speaker 6: And who's ready?
Speaker 2: The list just pours in. Good to see that. Lane Kippin's yoga mat is also ready.
Speaker 4: Loving it so as we're moving through another hour, on another day, on an the week, Uh, the gang is all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler, And thanks to all of you letting us know you're already here. A shocking number of all five hour people. Look, thank you. That's a that's a lot of content. And we thank you for that. To say that this is an active week for this team and for this show would be an enormous understatement. Guys, I mean, look at Speedy. I can see it. I can just see the pressure look his face. Sorry, buddy, We're gonna get through it. Look, why do you eat an elephant? Just one bite at a time.
Speaker 2: That's it. Don't get out ahead of you said.
Speaker 4: If you can't think about Wednesday right now, you got things worry about today.
Speaker 6: Oh I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm going in order. So we're going to let's go with today. Okay, let's just let's just go with to the sure Today we are going to announce the winner of Make Mama Smile Again.
Speaker 2: Dudney will come in. We have a winner, we haven't we do, and the audience has spoken.
Speaker 4: Thousands of votes, thousands, thousands, and it's down. We now have a winner, Yes we do. It was a tight race, it was. We have we have a winner. Also, today we will have Gene Halman come in. Gene Halban will attempt to explain to all of you who will be participating and can actually get to the event coming up in Birmingham, Alabama, Historic Graystone. This Wednesday, we'll all broadcast live first time on location for the Rick Burgess Show. Yep, okay, we'll be on location the Coca Cola What is it called the Coca Cola Patio. If you're coming, if you're coming to the program, you can just come by and see us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be there. We'll be gripping and grinning, hanging out. Gary will be here. I still ain't got my shirt.
Speaker 4: I'm taking Gary's shirt to him today, taking his shirt to him today. Hey, you gonna bring that shirt? Yes, I'm bringing it today. Okay, So I'll get Gary in his polo, which should be interesting. He claimed he wanted an extra large and that's what I'm taking.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 4: So, and he's my baggage. So I got geared. Okay, you got gear. You don't have to worry about Geary, got it. You're gonna make me at your studio. I mean I don't want to have any I'll meet you Gary.
Speaker 2: That means he's there for the long time.
Speaker 4: What about when we've done, it'll be I'll carry you back to your trouble. Hey, once he's in, he can't leave till the So that's just locked in, that'll be and so but Hallman will announce today you're gonna get an opportunity that he has hand picked a group that if you donate the most money, you get to walk inside the ropes with him.
Speaker 2: You're not playing, but you get to hang out.
Speaker 4: With the group, speedyes group because of us having a smaller team now is going to tee off after the show. Yes, but we'll tell you when he's will be a lot less stressful to be.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: I think that's why that's why we need you, buddy, We.
Speaker 4: Need you, We need you so so now that we're announcing all that today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and and for those of you that like, man, I can't walk, when Rick says you can walk and have inside the rope access, you're actually gonna have your own car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had the highest or so you can kind of good point.
Speaker 8: You can kind of creep along and follow the group and sometimes just hang out in the car. To other times get to the green, walk out, you know, and and stand there by the green with them and hang out.
Speaker 2: And you'll get to know them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's always fun.
Speaker 8: We always hear from from past highest bidders that that they say, man, that was a really cool day, you know, just to be out there in it. And you know, again, no attempt to mojo here. I'm just going off of what the forecast says. The heat comes in on Wednesday, but it looks looks to be a beautiful day. I mean, like that's just what the forecast says. It's not me saying I'm looking at the daily. I'm looking at the daily.
Speaker 2: Looks good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we're gonna we have the uh, the celebrity proram list, and I won't steal it from Gene, but there's some big names, those that you know have played there before and and others that I think, uh it's the first time for them. So it's it's pretty good. And you know, this is a major Uh, this is a major tournament on the Champions Tour. I mean, this isn't just you know, if you actually get to to when the pros come out. This is when the legends return. And these are all the names. If you're a little older, you know, they they're the names that you remember that that are now playing in the Champions Tour.
Speaker 2: And so it's it's gonna be a great weekend. Adler.
Speaker 4: This is when the tubers get upset with you. I already see it on text nation. Will the celebrity pro m be on YouTube? And the answer is live No, But but you always gather quite a bit of footage and then you'll put out kind of a here were the best of moments of it and a few days after.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that accurate? Yes?
Speaker 9: I've never been able to have a reliable live stream out there.
Speaker 4: It's not possible. We need we need something that is super steady. I mean, this is five hours. We can't have something that you know, it works for a little while and then it starts spinning, then we come back. You can't do what we do unless you've got I mean, it's got to be solid and it's got to be fast, and we just don't have that.
Speaker 9: I've spent many morenings just reconnecting all morning and then you end up missing the morning. I'm like, wow, so that was a great morning.
Speaker 8: Well that's a good point, because it became so frustrating for everybody. For you trying to get the feed up because you hear the feeds down, and then for those trying to watch, they were getting frustrated because the feed kept going down.
Speaker 2: So it's just nobody's winning on that.
Speaker 4: It's a no win to try to do that, and so we'll grab it. And now let me say this, follow us on social media because we'll be shooting videos, short videos from there all day long.
Speaker 2: Space Speedy does a good.
Speaker 6: Job of that.
Speaker 2: Admir will do a good job of that. I do it.
Speaker 4: Greg won't participate. All right, all right, So somebody says, and I say, yes, on board, we know where we are. If you're the highest bidder, can you hang out on the patio up until your group leaves? And yes, of course, yes, of course.
Speaker 8: And your group, if that's who you choose, it's they're going to go off at eight thirty am Central time. I'll just say that, so you could get there early.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, the buses that run people in and out of there, I don't think they start running until like six, But as soon as that happens or whatever, I don't know. Normally we just get the winter information, hand that over to the region and then however they plan that out with you.
Speaker 2: You can get there.
Speaker 4: But yes, you will get time on the patio. Yeah, so hanging out with us and you'll be kind of vi I P chilling. Yeah, you chill. You'll be chilling. You can sit over with Gregg and whole court drink some coffee.
Speaker 8: Right and to announcement, I'm announced to the two of you. You're saying to Gregg and me singling not the brothers, right right, that breakfast won't start running until we've started, I know, and saying that messes me up.
Speaker 2: I know. We just normally I just go eat breakfast.
Speaker 8: What we do is during the break running there, grab your plate and eat during the breaks or something like that.
Speaker 2: You'll be fine. You know what that means? Really good?
Speaker 4: You know what that means, Greg, I have to start to day with the gay breakfast. Oh no, that's all I have access, Yeah, just to hold Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so we'll do that. So that's that's today, and recapping the week end. Another thing today the first episode. Wow, massive feedback already the first episode of Strange Encounters, the brand new podcast with Blaze TV, launched this weekend. Massive response already Episode two we will do this weekend.
Speaker 2: It'll be out this weekend.
Speaker 4: So thank you for all your feedback on that, and so that was exciting to see that kind of feedback so quick. Also, episode seventeen this past weekend of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. The podcast also dropped. So all those things, if you were caught up and celebrating mom over the weekend and you didn't see any of that, you haven't gone access to any of that yet. That's available to you today as well. And then tomorrow will be the launch of Men Don't Run in the Rain? Can I tell you all of you men speedy did it over the weekend. I'm getting a lot of those that keep sending me pictures of you not running in the rain. That's really funny, Dad, You've had plenty of opportunities, you have. We So that book, uh, the hard the hardcover, the kindle, the e book, all that will be tomorrow. The audio version will it be there tomorrow, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see. It's hard to get all that to land on the same.
Speaker 4: Day, but hopefully it will be there but you and also tomorrow will be the opportunity to get a signed copy for Father's Day, so that that window will open tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: So we we've got we got a lot to do, man. Yeah, a lot happening here too. O.
Speaker 4: RBS Big Week, Big Week, Big time big week. By the way, some people saying, Rick, can we meet you at the studio and ride with you and Gary well until the truck's full of fine and if it's a pretty morning, some of you riding them back, just come on here, let's jump off in it.
Speaker 2: You got the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: What an honor I had to talk to one of the great American farmers that is with Moinc. Moinc Is just an incredible company, and I love what they're doing. They're fighting for the American farmer. Now here's a little education moment for you. Did you know that four companies control over eighty percent of the US meat industry. China now controls the largest portion of US pork. And these companies are using some not so wonderful tactics to crush American family farms. With the additives they're putting into the food. Americans are stuck with sketchy meat. And now during the make America Healthy end, this is the time for the American farmer.
Speaker 2: This company Moinc.
Speaker 4: They are bringing meat to the market on behalf of American family farms and your family's foods security too. The business simple Moink Meat comes from animals raised outdoors.
Speaker 2: Where a pig is free to be a pig.
Speaker 4: The farmers are given an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. They deliver the meat straight to your doorstep at prices you can actually afford. Born, raised and harvested right here in the United States of America. Now remember when you see on the packaging and these big grocery stores you know, USA, that only means it was packaged here, does not mean it was raised here. Okay, So if you want to support American family farms, why don't you join the moink movement today.
Speaker 2: We have it at our house and we love it.
Speaker 4: Moinkbox dot com slash big vox. Right now you're gonna get free wings for life, and their wings are fabulous.
Speaker 2: You'll love them the best wings you ever taste.
Speaker 4: Go to m i n kbox dot com slash big vox. That's moointbox dot com slash big vox and get wings for life when you order this delicious meat that comes from American family farms.
Speaker 1: God fearing and America Loving The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being with us today. I have so much to do. From the text Nation out of Georgia. What's the best way in place to order and buy the book tomorrow? Most places I'm checking are showing them is sold out, are not available. The reason why you're seeing that text Nation is because it's not live yet. Those same links you're seeing right now that say that will be active tomorrow. But the best links you asked the question, we'll have on Rickburgers Show dot It'll be at the bottom of the page, Themanchurch dot com, it'll be on the homepage, Burgessministries dot com, it'll be on the page. So really, if you go to the link that we provide tomorrow, that's gonna be the best link. And that's the only one that's going to offer the option to get a sign copy. Now, will it be on Amazon and all that?
Speaker 2: It will?
Speaker 4: Uh, But and you can certainly go do that if that's what you'd rather do. But if you're saying the best link that'll be the least confusing, will probably be the links we provide on all of our social media and our own websites. So and like I say, as far as the audio version of that, there's so many different platforms out there it could stagger you know which ones it's on which one it's not so, and I'll find out more about that before tomorrow. All right, So we do want to point you to an opportunity. Anybody out there in the audience right now, get your hands up. You have a home in your family that you need to sell.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it may be something like you inherited it from your parents, your grandparents parents, maybe your famili's had, you know, some land that has a house on it, and whatever the case may be. And you're just saying, we don't really know what to do with this house. Can I introduce you to our new friends that sell my house fast? Twenty five years now, this team's been successfully selling new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses. And they do that at a fair price and they close fast. Now there's no real estate agent involved. That means no added real estate commissions. They'll do all the repairs that may need to be done. Maybe the house needs to be cleaned, they'll do that. They'll clean out anything needs to be cleaned out of the house. If you'll go to Google, you'll see five star reviews galore. Okay, these are good people to deal with their fare. They take all the hassle out. The process is transparent. You can trust these folks. So all the informations at Rick burgessshow dot com under sponsors. But I'll give you the number real quick. One eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four One eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four.
Speaker 6: What about the dome? Hell them all ball?
Speaker 4: So we've had, you know, Mother's Day this past weekend. I hope everybody mama. So I hope all of y'all had a great Mother's Day. I hope all of you out there got a chance to at least talk to you mom or reach out to your mom if you still have Mama took care of those of you that are married, if your wife and you y'all have children, hopefully that your your wife who's the mother of your children, had a big weekend.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: But are ours where we live, you know, we're in the middle of that springtime. Here comes a thunderstorm, here comes from rain, here comes this and we're dodging in and out of it all weekend.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And if you have dogs that don't like storms, man, you try to do the prep work. And for those of you that have them, you know what I mean, If you know, you know and we tried that. One of our dogs, his name is Jack, and I know we have a human name for a dog. You know that is confusing, Like if I said, hey, Jack's over, you would think has a dude.
Speaker 2: That's weirds say your dog was named Dawhite.
Speaker 8: Okay, Kevin Ken, I don't know why Jack gets a past our Franklin, which Jack is the oldest of our two dogs, and for some reason over the last few years he started freaking out when when thunderstorms come in. If he hears thunder or he sees lightning outside, he'll or even if the wind's blowing real strong, he'll start looking at the window. And there's times that we like turn the volume up or turn music on to drownd out anything going on outside, but he still sees through it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: Last night where we live, probably around nine to thirty local time last night, a system came through and it was full of under and lightning, and he started, you can hear him. He starts He's pacing around, bumping into walls, you know, acting crazy, and and then you know, so so Terry. So we were like, well, we have to get sleep. I mean, he can't just pace around all night.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 8: We have we have a garage with one of those big, huge orange white fans in there. It's like a jet engine and blowing out there. And so at times we'll put him out there and he'll lay in front of the fan and and just kind of get through it.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: It kind of kind of drowns out all the noise, but also allows us to sleep if it's at night, and that's a big thing. It is it is, I mean, we have to get sleep.
Speaker 2: Uh. And so it is uh.
Speaker 8: And so the storms kind of rolled through the first wave, and I think there's there's there's more. But the first wave that came through was like from nine thirty to midnight.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: And so when I woke up at three, uh, I did my normal routine. I realized, wait, Jack, Jack's out in the garage. So I went out to get him, and I couldn't find him at first, and I'm like, where the heck is Jack, And it's like, I know we put him out here. And then I start freaking out because you know, he did escape that one time, and so I start looking around. I'm like Jack and off in the back. I don't even know how he got there, Like behind one of our shelves and behind like a treadmill and some other stuff.
Speaker 2: I have a trailer out there with a full wheeler on it.
Speaker 8: All of a sudden, I start hearing things getting knocked over, and he just comes out of there like he's coming out of the woods or coming out of the weeds, but it's out of I don't know how he got out.
Speaker 2: He's knocking stuff over like he's drunk. He wanted out of the house to yeat. He buries hisself in the corner of the ground.
Speaker 8: Right, And now, if it was up to him, we would have put him out in the storm. He's the only dog I know that's scared of the storms but wants to go out into it.
Speaker 2: Where he wants to run is out in the street.
Speaker 8: He wants to run out, but to protect him from himself, He's like, no, we're not. It's lightning and thunder and you don't need to be out here. That's where the bat is, Joe, right, that's where the bat is. And so we put him in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I bring it.
Speaker 8: I get him out and bring him into the house and he's like if he could talk, it's like, wow, man, that was a night, you know, Uh, he's behind the labor he is. He's stumbling around and he finally comes out of it. You could tell he was just a little bit, hey, what's up. We had the light on out there, so it's not like he was in the pitch darkness. But y'all, he came out like he was in like weeds and you see something coming out of and he was hiding behind all kinds of stuff, knocking things over on the shelf.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he got back there.
Speaker 7: At first.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think he was in there. It was like rescue had arrived.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Just comes out of the cave. He's like, here, I am.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, looted with caffeine and ready for another hour. This is the Week Works show.
Speaker 4: That's right, baby, we're here, brand new hour, brand new week, brand new day, Active Active Active Active. Before this show is done, we will know who won make mama smile again? Doesn't you be popping by? We'll announce the winner seventeen thousand dollars dental makeover for somebody's mama.
Speaker 2: Oh monk, you love you mama.
Speaker 4: And then coming up, we'll have Gene Holman in mover or Shaker promoter Speedy will be playing in the Celebrity program. We're live on location at the Coca Cola Patio coming up this Wednesday. If you're coming to the program, you're going to be in and around the Birmingham area, the home of the legendary one four to seven w ZZK. Pop on by and say hello and meet the gang. We'll all four be there, so will Gary. Hey, I mean, you know I ain't gonna be here. I really don't. I mean I can people, but everywhere I go people saying gay, you gonna be at the tournament. So Gary will be there looking good in his polo. So you can come by and say hello to everyone. If you donate the most money today, you'll be our guest there on the Coca Cola patio and you'll get to walk inside the ropes and actually have your own cart.
Speaker 2: With a special group that will.
Speaker 4: Announce our Halbane announced coming up a little bit later on. So that's today, uh, and then we'll get all that done and then tomorrow the book release and then we're on location on Wednesday, and then the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Just keeps on rolling.
Speaker 4: So Mother's Day over the weekend, do all of us feel like Adler.
Speaker 2: How was everything in Adler home?
Speaker 7: It's fantastic, great crushed it.
Speaker 2: You crushed it.
Speaker 7: So absolutely crushed Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: So you your kids are so small, you have to make sure their mama is taking care of why at the same time paying enough attention to the other moms, including your own, probably your mother in law.
Speaker 9: I even covered mother in law this weekend. Really got it all done? Yes, grandjob, grandma.
Speaker 4: Did you spread it over the days or did you try it all? You know, only only those that are truly current have it, that are courageous. We'll try to do all that in one day. Did you spread it?
Speaker 9: I got everything on Saturday, went out with my kids into the wild on a Saturday.
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful weather for that, And where we live it literally poured rain all day all night.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, and uh boy, I had to elbow a lady that was in like a pickleball outfit. I had to elbow her out of the way with my children. Most fine. Everything else beside that was fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's good to box out and.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, it was great.
Speaker 9: I took some flowers to the mother in law with the kiddos, and so we went.
Speaker 7: And visited the mother in law.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 9: We had a big Mother's Day lunch with my mom on Saturday. This is now, this is on Sunday, moving it, yes, now, this is on Sunday. It was at a place where I actually got the text, no jeans.
Speaker 7: Don't wear jeans.
Speaker 2: You You tried to go to a restaurant on Mother's Day.
Speaker 7: We went to a lunch.
Speaker 2: No jeans.
Speaker 7: We went to a restaurant and I was told, Hey, see at this time, which do you have anything but jeans? Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 12: Jeans.
Speaker 7: I just recycled my y'all want to know what I did?
Speaker 9: Aaron bought me some slacks for Easter, just warm again, slacks whatever they are called pants.
Speaker 14: Khakis?
Speaker 7: But they're gray? Are they still?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: You realize that for a lot of people, since it was Sunday, the Lord's Day, no one wearing that norma, no one would have to need it. You get a text said, no jeans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a jeans church guys.
Speaker 8: I know you are you hit your jean at the Greystone Golf tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Are you all wearing? Do I do you have to wear slacks on Wednesdays?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, jeans. Probably aren't that I've.
Speaker 7: Been wearing jeans.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'll see it. Everything else. You make us undcomfortable jeans. If you're the only person in jeans, does that not say I noticed, I'm not looking at your pants.
Speaker 9: I'm not looking at your legs. I'm not looking at anybody's legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean you cut off jeans, Yeah, just wearing George Bones always came with those jeans.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 9: Yes, compared to Bones, I'm looking good business casual.
Speaker 2: You really are. So you did have some slacks and you went to mama's lunch.
Speaker 9: Yes, went to lunch with my mom, and I was texted ahead of time, don't wear jeans.
Speaker 7: I was like, wow, I guess I'll change clothes.
Speaker 8: So if they have to send you that, they know that that's what you would have.
Speaker 2: On before we go. Let's go and give him a.
Speaker 8: Heady till Chris not to wear jeans good night and not have anything else but jeans.
Speaker 4: By the way, I laughed his hair, I laughed pretty hard. Have y'all seen the Instagram thing where there's a guy in there. He's a black guy, and he's saying, what's happened to all the white pastors, they've all turned into this guy and he's holding up one of those wig heads and it's got a long beard and a cap on backward.
Speaker 2: He goes. They're all named Josh. He goes there, he goes, and they keep coming up to me, and they said they want me to come smoke cigars and drink bourbon and talk about c s. Lewis showed me how free they are in Christ.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so you're not that free to upset other people. But uh but anyway, so how did that go? Lunch went smooth?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, the kids were so good. It was It was amazing.
Speaker 9: And I did the the It was a buffet, it was a buffet style. So Aaron dressed my son, which is great because then I didn't you know, I can barely dress myself, So that's that's good. Yeah, she dressed him like a Florida retiree.
Speaker 7: That gene. He looks like he's about to hang out.
Speaker 9: At Del Boca Vista, like the dude is about to head to Bingo night.
Speaker 7: So that's hilarious.
Speaker 9: He is a funny little man. But they were so good. I did the This was masterful, y'all. I had and we we mentioned this last week, and that is sometimes you take care of your mom while your wife does something, does something else because it's her Mother's Day too, so maybe there's something she wants to do.
Speaker 14: Whatever.
Speaker 9: So I was actually solo at this nice restaurant with my two young kids.
Speaker 7: I got a two year old, two year old boy, five year old girl.
Speaker 4: That is a Mother's Day gift to your wife and to your mother because she wants to a grand kids.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, totally, totally. Everybody wins except me, but that's fine. Can handle this, right, We don't win on this day, yeah, right, right right?
Speaker 7: And so I did it. The buffet triple stack is what I call it.
Speaker 9: Is when I have when I have my kids, I get three plates and they just follow me like duckling kind of scenario, you know, like they're just like they don't know what's going on. So I've noticed that if I just walk away from my children, they will follow me because they're like, is.
Speaker 7: He just is he leaving?
Speaker 2: Is he about to leave?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 2: Should we go with him?
Speaker 7: We should follow him?
Speaker 9: He's I don't even know if he's paying attention, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 8: So I do the duck crossing the road, like you're saying there was a buffet that wouldn't let you wear jeans.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 8: It was a nice one, and it is Mother's day, so look decent.
Speaker 2: Sure there we go. Sure, sure, not that jeans aren't decent, you know what I mean. But Mom would like to see one time that this particular son looked like he'd had a shower.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, I look homeless, guys, And here I am at the at the place, and it's the view is really nice.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, you know what I mean. It's that play.
Speaker 2: You and little as are dressed like both of you are going to retirement. So yeah, yeah those race cars. There's that jeep on your shirt. That's cool. Yeah, there you go. Look at you looking all springy.
Speaker 7: I'm a retiree.
Speaker 9: Also, yes, yes, and sod the guys.
Speaker 7: I can't recommend the buffet triple stack enough. I have to. I'm so happy with my technique. It works so well.
Speaker 9: You get three plates because I got the two kids, and I just have three plates just stacked up. And then I load up the top plate with everybody's food. I make a pile of food, so big top plate.
Speaker 2: And then the other two places just there when you sit down and you divide.
Speaker 9: It on and then I just sit down, spread out the plate. I'm in the middle and I'm just feeding people from the middle. Plate worked out great. And as soon as we sat down, as soon as we get our food, I say to everybody, Hey, guys, I don't know when I'm gonna have to leave. I might have to leave in ten minutes. Just so you know, I love you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Smart who knows that window can close and it's closed.
Speaker 7: My kids hung out for like, I think an hour, almost an hour. It's a miracle. It was crazy.
Speaker 9: It was great. So yeah, were they were good. It was great, great Mother's day. I took care of took care of my wife in so many ways, just watching the kids, watching the kids, or you know, cleaning the house or changing every She did not change a single diaper yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh what's not changing single diaper today? Her chocolate and.
Speaker 9: The end at the end of the list of things.
Speaker 15: Okay, thank you, thank you, hey out you're really watching.
Speaker 2: Took care of every way. So I'm gonna keep talking like you're welcome. Don't give don't even give them a chance.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna i got another thing. So I was actually up all night with my dog last night too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Franklin, Yes, what about you had a storm at nine thirty.
Speaker 7: I had a storm starting at twelve thirty. Where was this not?
Speaker 2: Multiple? Multiple shit?
Speaker 8: The nastiest of the bunch was and the most active it was showing out was in the nine o'clock hour our time into the ten o'clock hour, and he just continued where I.
Speaker 2: Was my experience, and my experience is more like yours.
Speaker 4: When I got the real like thunder where there's nobody can sleep through it, it was around midnight.
Speaker 9: Mine was from twelve thirty to three, and I was up with Franklin every hour, y'all.
Speaker 7: I'm moved Frankling.
Speaker 9: Around to several different places, and he wasn't happy in any of them. And you go get back in bed and you think everything's cool, and you're like maybe this new setup of work and the fan like you're talking of something, and you're like, almost about paul A sleeping in.
Speaker 2: Here, just oh my god, I shouldn't believe it.
Speaker 9: And then you're like, I'm back awake, okay, so this is my life here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of you can't have that to small kids.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Okay, So where we are right now feels pretty good if you're a conservative, feels pretty good. You think, all right, all right, we've taken over the the White House. Okay, all right, we were doing well. But the fight's not over. It's not even close, not even close. And this is why Blaze TV exists because in a world full of noise, we need strong hold for bold voices and freethinkers and fearless commentary. And Blaze TV's the platform where that all takes place, and it's on demand. Any device you have, you can access the content. Would you like to see investigative journalism, return Blaze TV, Blaze TV. You'll see the content there. Documentary shedding light on the deep state. Blaze TV do all that, and right now it starts at eight dollars a month. Okay, So if you go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and subscribe today, that's BlazeTV dot com slash rick. The promo code there's Rick Orick. You're going to save twenty bucks right now off the annual plan. Blaze TV now, more than ever, continue the fight, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand, the.
Speaker 1: Man who was hold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as shoes.
Speaker 4: Yep, got a lot of sleepy team members today who all have dogs that don't like storms. Y'all look in a little peak at today boys.
Speaker 2: Busy week. That's where he gets started with sleep deprivations.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, that's the first thing I thought of, And I said, you know, the week that we have, you don't want to start in the negative, can't.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: And we're getting a lot of the dogs that don't like storms, the pets that don't like storms. We'll getting about the dog getting a lot of texts of hey man, there's these pills whatever.
Speaker 2: Please understand, we went that, We went to the vet.
Speaker 8: They actually prescribed Jack some something to give him about forty five minutes before the storms come in. He walks through it like so he's super dog. It's like it doesn't even phasing, Like, yeah, have you ever.
Speaker 4: Whatever, have you ever thought about put a son of Granddaddy's cough syrup in his water?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Gracious, try that. See they can't smooth them out a little bit a little old fashioned for the dog. Wow, what about the dog.
Speaker 7: You should recommend that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just show that. I forget. You can't. People don't know when people tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the weekend, Greg, everything goes well with Leelee? Oh yeah, we uh Saturday, came to see mom, just hung out and had a good time.
Speaker 2: Saying that to you.
Speaker 4: No, I took her out to eat on Friday. I got a question for you, Okay, go home.
Speaker 2: Saw a picture. I saw a picture, Greg, I don't wear that shirt to work on purpose. I was impressed. I know you flew Mom to Hawaii, great dinner. It fruit free. No, it was it's just over the dog, over the top for you. Yeah, well, here's what would you dress yourself?
Speaker 4: Sherry got that from me. By the way, it's a it's a Travis Matthews Is. I used the right word. Yeah, what's that gonna do with Well? It helps me with speedy.
Speaker 8: But oh, I know which one he was at gray with flower toy on it. It was black with black Okay, I know exactly which one.
Speaker 4: Well, but anyone. Sherry wanted me. She said, I think there should be a good for you to wear on the date. It's a good date shirt. So we took Mama to a restaurant she likes. It was one two adamer that you probably you could wear jeans, which you probably shouldn't. And we had a nice dinner with Mama. She had a blast. And I wore that shirt for Mama and for Sherry.
Speaker 2: It was my mother's day. I didn't wear it for you.
Speaker 4: Well, I just noticed it and sell that's look, I didn't wear that for you. But anyway, after I got over that was biz. Didn't had a good time. And then yesterday all the kids were at the house, the grandkids. I was telling Speedy, we got this little channel of them bring it and it folds out and it's a little like a picnic table miniature. Yeah, and they all four fit in it perfect. And just to sit back and watch them and listen to them, Oh, great conversation.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: I mean it's funny because even the youngest one now can participate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what's funny about her participating?
Speaker 4: She's so tiny and her to talk so well, to be so tiny, Yeah, I know, it's so funny. Yeah. Now I've been marrying. It was her birthday this weekend. Yeah, she's four. There's a part there's a party coming up this Saturday, that's a party coming birthday. Man, So we got two four year olds and now her in pace.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're so cute. Yeah, so I'm coming to the birthday party. So good. Oh though, they'll love it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm speaking in Prattville and then I'm gonna come from there straight to the party and I'm coming wide open to that's gonna be Yeah, so I can't wait. So also, well, I ain't gonna throw yourself from the bus.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 4: You got songs that that, you know for holidays and stuff. Oh, I got, but this one, I mean like Christmas hutten? Do you get not in your throat? Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say myself up. You can make fun of me. But I found one of those about mothers.
Speaker 2: What did you do for you mom? Well? Yeah, I mean, I know, I'm throwing myself on the bus, but I'm sorry, I can't believe what I'm hearing. This is anyway, maybe we'll play it.
Speaker 8: Did you listen to it in the truck on the way to see your mom? Yeah, to kind of get you in the spirit.
Speaker 2: What what do you talk? You gotta know what Christmas shoes does? Yeah, I know I'm putting myself out here for you.
Speaker 4: Listen to a song that made you kind of get emotional about mama's Yeah.
Speaker 2: You want to hear it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he sent me a link.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you said, is it coming from you adler?
Speaker 8: Yeah, You're not gonna believe it.
Speaker 6: Mother.
Speaker 2: There's no other from the always right mister. Mama's breaks down up and.
Speaker 17: Where she's doing making sure my hand take something to somebody, jeus that time, and she stayed up nights and.
Speaker 2: When I wait right and just for the hard.
Speaker 17: Money, she's fakes to keep pose on my thing, taking pain. Don't Rick, he is every reg'm going.
Speaker 7: You know he's doing. The word of the course is about the head.
Speaker 2: Are just made you crying away? Sho, mother?
Speaker 14: That guess no other.
Speaker 6: Mother?
Speaker 2: So treat all right, mother?
Speaker 7: Mister had a treat a right treat all right?
Speaker 11: Is that really?
Speaker 6: Rick?
Speaker 2: Like I said, some songs this you know?
Speaker 6: He right?
Speaker 2: Can they just did it?
Speaker 14: Mama? I take that.
Speaker 4: MS for the moant why she's given birth?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did he say image for the moment?
Speaker 4: Yes, for the moon the first for the moan when she was birthing, Hm, exactly how.
Speaker 2: You worded it. Treat her right, Can I hear image for the moan? Yes, okay, right, right? Said you were standing there food ain't your mama. And here's what's funny. Listen, I got here it See he was just.
Speaker 7: Mom two times around.
Speaker 6: A lot.
Speaker 2: More's no other.
Speaker 17: To treat her right, short, short voice, love her, to treat her right, treat her right.
Speaker 2: The mood mis that you feel.
Speaker 6: I was bone.
Speaker 18: When I was born. When I was bone when I was born, I pitted the food. Don't treat mama right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I understand, I understand. He thinks this is serious. That's in the parody. No, that's the whole kids. Simmons cameo shorts on eighties. The eighties. Yeah, man, I'm not sure where he got his background singers.
Speaker 4: I didn't know him was from Loan when I was born. Unbelievable, Greg, how did you find this pearl?
Speaker 2: Somebody send it to Lasa me and he got the laugh. Goodness, Lisa goes, let me send this to your phone. You need this? Yes, oh my goodness, Well that we may dropped that in through aut mother. There is no other. And then he tried to rhyme, my love him, his mother so much.
Speaker 7: I love him, but it goes from the bone.
Speaker 4: And the deep, the groan she had with you a bowl, I'm like you he so he want you chose those chemo short A real short.
Speaker 2: That's it, real, real serious, singing to you mother, mother, there is no other. Oh, nineteen eighty four a year so the year.
Speaker 4: So t was singing that Greg when nineteen eighty four by Van Halen came out and they coexisted them both on the jar.
Speaker 9: Tow Classics Timeless Classics, Your mother, there is no other.
Speaker 4: Right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 19: You better listen up. You know, like we say, Assim, you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world, The Rick Burchard Show.
Speaker 2: So we're back. Thanks for being with us. The gang all here today, Speedy Greg Adler. As we said earlier, Active Active Week.
Speaker 4: Next segment, Team Dudney is here. Uh make mama smile again.
Speaker 13: Who's mama?
Speaker 4: Won you America voted they have the winner. Well, we'll be talking about that next segment, so.
Speaker 7: Be sure you're at.
Speaker 4: And as soon as they came in, they said that this is the next thing they can do for mother because she's like no other.
Speaker 2: H So that's a boy that's gonna stick.
Speaker 4: Guys, that may be our I may have to go on an instant replay for future Mother's Days. There is no other I didn't see that coming. So that was a perfect setup. So, uh, we do have a lot to cover. We've been recapping Mother's Day. We've been recapping uh, people who have dogs that struggling storms. We had a lot of storms come through. Speedy didn't get any sleep at or didn't get any sleep, and Christie just came in from Team Dudney. Her dog went nuts as well. Yeah, yeah, so I mean, no one's sleep, nobody's sleep. No, we're no one asleep. We're all zombies around here.
Speaker 2: And I had a can I tell you why? I'll tell you why?
Speaker 6: What about the doll? Hell? Them all.
Speaker 9: Sho in a coffee tag or digging up a ball, can't chase nine country dreams lines, stuck in a dial.
Speaker 2: All everybody say your's every road?
Speaker 7: I take the loop to what about the doll?
Speaker 4: So uh that that's we'll we'll work through it though, we'llver And it's good to start us such a busy week.
Speaker 8: I guess yeah, yeah, no, sometimes it's not as bad, but yeah, last night was bad that the storm that came through was cutting up a little bit. It had what I call everything, you know, luckily not the severe side where we were, but it just it was acting.
Speaker 2: Some people had tornadoes stuff. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But so I kind of found myself. You guys have recapped yours. Greg, thanks for that emotional song.
Speaker 11: I thought.
Speaker 2: I had to work on my That was good to bring a teary a glass.
Speaker 7: So I next week is listening to mother by dancing mother songs.
Speaker 2: Mother, I guess we can do Aussie Mama, I'm coming.
Speaker 14: That was good.
Speaker 2: So after I did.
Speaker 4: Email you, uh, the the shirting question that Greg was talking about. So, okay, I've seen this shirt. I know which one you're talking. When I see it, I would I would never work. I would never Yeah, I would never to work. Yeah, I would never wear it to work. Flowers, look at him, Look at all flowerty Hey, no, but you.
Speaker 2: Know what he's real coming car We.
Speaker 4: Mama loved it. Sherry loved it. That's the two mamas I was celebrating. I wish you had some matching pants with the same pattern.
Speaker 2: Maybe I did. You can't see them, great, you can't see them. Maybe I did. Maybe I do. So that went great. Took Mama out to eat. She loved it. We had a great time spend time with Mama. That was this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Saturday was really just you know, pouring rain and prepping for Sunday because we had two sons that got home. One of the Dowden Laws got home and they we were all doing something special. The Dalden Law made a delicious kind of peanut butter pie that was really good and we the other was kind of So there was a moment though, when Sherry got up on Mother's Day, and you ever, do you ever get in a moment where it seems it worked out for you better than you thought, and there and then they asked you a follow up question that's probably gonna take the air out of the situation, and you just wish they hadn't asked. So, you know how we're always looking for cards, and sometimes you'll find cards for some reason that just work on things that might even be things they like, or phrases you even use, and you're like, wow, this is almost like this car card was written. So Sherry gets up and I had two cards out on Mother's Day, you know, before I went to church, and she goes, oh, you got me not one, but two cards.
Speaker 2: Yep, got a couple of cards.
Speaker 4: And so one of them had to do with there was some phrases and some stuff in there that was so her. And then the other one, you know, I always sing always in forever for but and so the card actual had always and.
Speaker 2: Forever about you know, how good a wife and mamma you are. She goes, these these cards are just they're perfect. I can't believe that you put in the effort to find cards that were so uniquely me. And and where did you get these cards? And I thought, wow, I wish you hadn't asked that. And then I freeze for just a minute. She goes, well, so where did you get these cards? And I just kind of froze. Publics and it just didn't know for some reason they got good cards, say Hallmark, Well, yeah, something.
Speaker 4: Like Hallmark, or I went to maybe you know, something something like that, and dolls got some good prices, right, and but something about it.
Speaker 2: And then she just kind of looked at me like, little they're a little vague, They're not you know, you know.
Speaker 11: And then.
Speaker 4: So for some reason, Mama listen, For some reason, for some reason, and the card did say, mother, there is no way but no listen. What was odd is I kind of I don't know why I said this, and it came off so so stupid. It's for some reason I thought if it wasn't the public's near our house, it was more sacrificial.
Speaker 2: But then I didn't realize. I just went to the one by the office, you know, and I.
Speaker 4: Said, I said, no, I didn't get it to publish standard bottle the hill, did you stress?
Speaker 2: And she goes, what published? I said was don't won over by the office publics special public and you stressed. I wasn't in there shopping for regular stuff. I went in there just for for that. Yeah, okay, just for that. So you got the special stopt six six roll papers. I don't think all that. I actually got stuff for us over here. Okay, but but even better but while I'm here, But but but I walked up and there was some you know, poor sap like me standing in front of them, and I said, how we look at you go slim pickings buddy. Oh yeah, But but I was able to find some unique cards that were just so hurt.
Speaker 4: I stand in that loser line on Valentine's Day and everybody, all of them are empty for a few they are trying to be funny, right, Yeah, so it.
Speaker 2: Was, but it was great.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, you know how, you know how you have your card and then you want to write a little note in the card. I got into my note and I went, wow, this don't make a lot of sense. I know, I try to you caran't to raise it.
Speaker 2: Grateful, let me break down grateful, you.
Speaker 10: Know, and.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, and then I'm off in it And you said gee stands for great. Yeah, I've done the same thing.
Speaker 4: And you realize because you're writing in a pen, you run about three words in and you don't have you don't know where you're going.
Speaker 2: You don't want to scribble out. And of course you know with us you note. I don't know about y'all. I sometimes I'll you ever, just like you just can't make your hand do it. Oh yeah?
Speaker 8: And I had an and in there a n D that didn't need to be in there, and I didn't realized it until I was done.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't make that. I had to scribble through on my on my note. Man, I hated that I had to scribble through an an.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start using a pencil, all right, the worst one. Because of the line of work we're in and what we do. There's been times I've signed my first and last name.
Speaker 2: You need so much to meet rick Burg Acts twenty four. You know, my mom used to have a lot of fun on me on that.
Speaker 8: She said, when I was little, I would sign all the little cards, I say, little that growing up, the Calvin Wilburn, She said, you put last name on there like there was another son named Calvin.
Speaker 4: And then of course when the when the boys, when the boys came in, I said, let me, guys, let's get started.
Speaker 2: It's for a moment.
Speaker 4: On the day I was phoning, all right, So who was it? Who's mama is gonna smile again?
Speaker 7: Who Rick's mother?
Speaker 4: I see, there's there's the winner. There's the winner right there, and doesn'ey's hands shit? So here it comes. I will announce the winner. You America had decided. Have you got a few questions for Dudney?
Speaker 2: You can text those two eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine will give.
Speaker 1: This is the rick Burgers show. The people who don't like this show you wouldn't like anyway. The Rick Burger's Show, and here we go.
Speaker 4: The gang's all here today. And boy, we told you active active week. It is action packed and we're just going to try to take it one at a time. And the contest has been going for about what about a month now something like that. Everybody's been voting. Yeah, and so team Dudney is here, Doctor Dudney and Christie missus.
Speaker 2: Excitement is here, ready to go.
Speaker 4: She's a little tired because her dog doesn't like storms either, Christie. And there's some nap today, y'all got y'all got appointments ready to go? Yeah, no nap, No nap today.
Speaker 2: What about the dog? Christy?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: The dog is yours? Works and speedies?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so really all night long. M poor Christy. She was like, where are you going this morning? I'm like, I don't need I gave her medication.
Speaker 6: To baby and I think it makes her worse.
Speaker 2: It just intensifies everything I think of it.
Speaker 6: Just you know, they're out there to get that money right.
Speaker 4: It's it's kind of like a lot of other things. Yeah, let me tell you, once it starts, the checks start flying, don't Yeah. I think about we always talk about our parents, do you think they would have written checks like that for dogs could not know. Like I say, if if you're a hunting dog, you might get dipped, but if you were a yard dog, you were on your own.
Speaker 2: You had to suck it up and go what's crazy about her?
Speaker 6: She wants to go outside? And I'm like, what in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's That's what Speedy said to you. They want to run to the storm that staring. I'm like, okay, I think so put you out there girlfriend and see you see how much you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh so big day to day Uh for the for Team Dudney. You guys have been making dreams come true, make mama smile again.
Speaker 2: And here we go.
Speaker 4: We had three finalists. Thousands of votes came in. There was a clear winner. Uh, and Dudney, would you like to announce you one?
Speaker 20: Sure, Rick, I'd be happy to. And you know the thing is, it's you know, it was close second and they were really close, but first was clear clearly the winner.
Speaker 2: And her name is Are you ready drum roll drummer?
Speaker 21: I got drummer.
Speaker 2: Everybody here we are, all right?
Speaker 20: The winner is contested Number two, Christie Ward.
Speaker 4: Christie Ward Will be our winner and that's uh, that's a big And every time that we get to see these moms afterwards, it's uh. And when we won't read her whost story now when she comes in, we will sure that was sent in. But you see this, It seems every single year, back during the Rick and Bubba days that we did this and it's continuing now with this is the word selfless seems to be in there every time selfless momsy They put everybody's needs before their own, something that they were always needing to address but never did. This particular mom has gone through some health issues and it's I hope that today when they hear this, that your team again is going to be bringing some joy to it. Sounds like a mom who could really use.
Speaker 20: Some sure, and as they all were. And we say this every year, and however long we keep doing it, we'll keep saying it. There are so many worthy contestants and you like them all to win, you know, it's just that. But the letters are inspiring reading them, which I do every year and kind of gets you a good feeling, you know, because there's a lot going on, you know, in our country, around the world, that is, it doesn't warm, fuzzy feelings. But what we're reading these letters sure is and the things that people say about their mothers is is really nice. And so there's a lot of people out there that aren't winners of the contest today, but your winners in the impact you made on the lives of your families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys read all the letters.
Speaker 4: So, like you said, even if you didn't win this, if they could just maybe hope they got a chance to read these letters that their kids wrote about them.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah there, it's amazing.
Speaker 20: And it's not, like you said, it's not unusual to see this because that's kind of what we think of when we think of our mothers, people that are selfless and they're always given to others, they're always put themselves last, and you know, they're they're the reason that you know, we have a day just for them. They should have a week, shouldn't they.
Speaker 2: It's almost like you both want to say, mother, there is no other You definitely want to So what what happens now?
Speaker 4: So those that maybe this is their first time to so the winner, by the way, again is Christie Ward. For somebody that were voting that was contestant too, So what happens next?
Speaker 20: So we'll we'll contact her, We'll contact her, we'll set up an appointment, she'll come in. And a lot of times what we like to do, if they're close by, we'll go ahead and do an initial you know, like consult X rays and check everything out. Sometimes if they're coming pretty far, which they have lately they've been you know, Georgia, Mississippi, you know, coming from out of state, we'll maybe try to coordinate that first visit and start if we can that day, just a just a streamline a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and to recap it's going to be upper veneers, uh huh. And then what else is going on.
Speaker 20: We'll do, well, we're going to do check everything out, We'll take a complete X rays, we'll check everything out well certainly if we see something else, we'll let him know about it, and we'll do a bleaching tray for the lower teeth and uh, you know, nightguard if they need it.
Speaker 2: All that kind of stuff. So Greg wanted me to ask, Yeah, I noticed she also brought some breakfast. Yeah yeah, yeah, and and what what exactly did you bring? So it's called Jimmy Dean bread bowl. Well you had greg at the word Jimmy Dean.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's got sausage and cheese and sour cream and uh two different kinds of cheeses and oh and green green chili's so good night. Yeah, yeah, it's it's pretty good. So this my wife makes this, and she we had family over for Mother's Day last night and was making his orador. So kind of timing was good, just kind of doubled it up and uh, you know, you cut out the bread bowl, you eat the bread.
Speaker 2: With the dip, you can eat the bowl.
Speaker 20: So literally, so the bowls.
Speaker 4: So, Chris, did you have a good Mother's Day before the dog ruined it? I mean, so all of it went smooth up.
Speaker 20: At that point, up until the store.
Speaker 2: Well you know what that was.
Speaker 4: Thankfully that was after Mother's Day was over. But of course it would have been nice to start the week with some rest. But uh so also as far as uh, you know, anytime you're here, people always have questions do you have do you have time for that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I figure, if you're.
Speaker 20: Here, we usually pretty good question. Now they can't see some of the questions are kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Well there's one, there's one already that said that, I didn't realize this is too late. My mother and I love this one. I didn't know that Speedy was a dentist.
Speaker 4: You know, for some reason, anybody now that comes on the show that that may be bald every day all start.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a thing that's that Speedy looks like.
Speaker 11: Gary.
Speaker 2: Now there's the thing that you look like, doesn't it. You know if you look at doesn't even Speedy.
Speaker 20: I mean they from another money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, so so we'll do that.
Speaker 4: So congratulations to uh uh to Christie Ward contest number two and uh look, yeah, how long is it? I know it it varies on how far away they are and all that, but we usually get them in here for the big reveal.
Speaker 20: Well, you know, depending on when we can get the patent in and we get it done July, usually July, because we're we've got to it's usually three weeks in betime the first and the second visit, and then we'd like to give them two or three weeks to let everything settle in before we do the final pictures and then the big show. So yeah, it it'll be probably two months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right when we come back we'll start out. If you have questions for Dudney, you can text those two US eight eight eight uh six two four four eight six nine or eight eight eight six big box. What we'll do right out of the gate is we'll let We'll let Adler and Dudney fight over floride.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 9: Question, I'm sorry I ask at about floride.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I asked about Flora.
Speaker 20: I just let Flora go this time.
Speaker 9: My goodness, if you ask a dentist about flora and everybody calls you, RFK, Junior, Junior.
Speaker 2: We come back, RFK the third will speak Flora.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry for asking everybody.
Speaker 20: There's a Texas says speedy shrunk in age. I don't mind the shrinking part.
Speaker 2: The congratulations Christie Ward, Christie Ward.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll be in touch tooth talk your questions for Disney.
Speaker 1: Next, this is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God's America? This is the Rick Budgers Show.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: So we announced the winner and make Mama smile again.
Speaker 4: Christy Ward text Nation, already weighing in, saying I work with Christie's husband. Great Christian man and telling us they do live in the state of Alabama, so not that far away, so that that may work out to get in here in a little quicker so that that's great. So congratulations, Dudney. Questions are coming in. You got questions for Dudney. We brought We have declared today Dudney's visitor. No fluoride zone, no fluoride zone. Adler is standing in anything. Look, Adler just went and got that Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl that you brought in that your wife made, and so he's he's settling down.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying a word.
Speaker 4: Let's go to nicotine pouches. Yes, what effect does nicotine pouches have on your gums? And are they safer? Like an alternative to tobacco?
Speaker 20: Straight up, I would say anything is a little safer than obviously tobacco, smokeless tobacco. You know, we see this and it's really tough. I mean, because you want to tell people don't do it at all, but don't put it. If you are doing it and you're struggling to get breaking the habit, at least, don't put it in the same spot every time.
Speaker 2: And that's what most people do even yeah, and so you know, move it around.
Speaker 20: But the best thing you do listen. It is pretty evident that is a precursor to oral cancer. And so and if you if you drink and this, listen. I'm not no problem drinking, but alcohol and tobacco is a combination increases your risk of oral cancer too.
Speaker 14: And there it is.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so you know, just I put that out there as a public service announcement. I'm not trying to preach to anybody or tell anybody what to do, but there are some pretty significant studies that have been done that show that, uh, smokes tobacco, any kind of 'bacco, but especially smokeless tobacco is a precursor for all cancer.
Speaker 4: So Speedy's text in I shouldn't smoke, but occasionally I do like to burn one. No, somebody put but somebody's gitting around with Speedy here. But on the on the smoking, same thing. I mean, if you're smoking, and what it does to your teeth, what it does to your gums, what it does to your breath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 20: That's it's just everything is bad. Yeah, it's all bad. But you know, and again, a combination of alcohol and smoking does increase risks. I'm not saying you'll get or kids. What I'm saying is it increases your risk.
Speaker 4: Right, do you think cleaning cordly or bi annually? I mean, is this like everything else? By annually it is great, so cordally would be even better.
Speaker 20: Well, there's there's there is something that said that. The reason it started twice a year. It goes back to a toothpaste commercial from I don't know, sixty seventy eighty years ago. There was a commercial that started out, brush your teeth and see your dinners twice or something that was a little jingle. Well, actually, twice a year for most people is probably adequate. Anybody that has any kind of gum disease or you know, there's some people that have softer teeth. They just get cavities easier, and listen, I know that, I've I've seen evidence of that. There are people whose teeth are softer. We know when we we you know you're doing a restoration on a tooth. You know, some teeth are harder to drill and some teeth are softer. So if you get cavities easier, then I would recommend quarterly. Uh, if you have any form of gum disease and that's being treated. I'd probably recommend quarterly. So yeah, but I think for most people, if you're if you're having good checkups twice a year. Listen, getting people in twice a year is not easy.
Speaker 2: We're thrilled. Stop looking at me.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I have to because you're you're in line with the screen.
Speaker 2: I'm on the once a year program to get back to the Yeah, and we're we're more than happy. I had a good run there, but this last time it was a year before I got back. Life gets in the way.
Speaker 4: Here's another one, somebody see if you can encourage this. My son just completed first year at uabas planning on being a dentist when he completes his BS degree, only.
Speaker 2: Seven more years to go.
Speaker 4: Do you have any advice or some words of encouragement, because it's along road and it's a lot of work.
Speaker 20: So I'm gonna tell you a couple of things, all right, So first off, it is a lot of work, but I think it's worth The dentistry is all in my mind, has always been a great profession. But I will tell you that with technology and all the advances and changes and the fact that people don't hate the dentists as much, and they don't they don't have as many bad experiences. I think the future is really bright. I think a lot of young dentists are coming out. The only the biggest disadvantage is how expensive everything has gotten. You know, kids, kids, I mean, I'm these young people coming out of dental school now A lot of times have a lot of student loans and things like that that you know, and so it's kind of tough starting out, But I think it's a great future. I'll try to maybe shadow a dentist. Uh while you're an undergrad school, try to that.
Speaker 4: Did that kind of encourage you to go ahead and get some hands on you start seeing Okay, yeah, this is what I'm working for.
Speaker 6: Letus I'm in here.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I remember when I started doing right, you know, help when I if I just got around a radio station, it helped me to go, yeah, this is what I want to see it.
Speaker 20: Because you want to know what it's all about. I think dental schools want you to want to know that you've seen what you're getting yourself into. Uh, talk to your dentist. You're when you're going for your regular appointments. Talk to your dentists there. Most of us are willing to take the time and talk to you about talk to you about the you know, prepare you for what you're getting yourself into. But get involved. Obviously, grades are important. Here's an interesting stat It used to be, uh, you know, people, there was when I was coming along, which was lucky. It was a lot easier to get into dental school back then. Medical schools were so tough to get into. Now it's harder to get into dental school than is getting Oh yeah, your grades have to be really good. So the best advice I think I could give someone is you've got to have good grades and and you know, other extracurricular stuff things like that are going to be important. But your grades are are going to play play heavily because they use it as a you know, a separator. I mean, so yeah, And it's because there's a lot more medical school seats available than their dental school seats. But the number of applicants per seat available is greater in dentistry.
Speaker 2: Now that isn't the elite. You can't go in be average.
Speaker 4: No, no, all right, So the other one to come down a little bit speedy about the yellowing. So what causes the yellowing brown pelts near the gum? I'm brushing twice a day, but I still have them.
Speaker 2: Is that what that be? Pellets? What they mean by pelts yellowing brown?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: I so you the gum.
Speaker 20: They're probably talking on the teeth obviously what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: You know how your teeth go in it has that very bottom where the root is. Yeah, they're saying it still keeps saying yellow right there even though they're brushing. Yeah, you have your teeth and it looks like a part of its wide and rise going into the gum.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it could be like Christy said, toothbrushure raising. It also could be some stains you just can't remove with toothbrushing. You know, some stains are are just tougher to get off, And that would be something that Denis could definitely help you with.
Speaker 4: And that moves into the next one. Every time you are here whitening. There's a lot of whitening confusion out there. You know, toothpaste claiming they can do it.
Speaker 20: Do you see, Christy, I'm skeptical of toothpaste. Okay, So here's here's the deal with toothpaste. Most of them have some type of abrasive in them. If they say whitening, it's usually gonna have an abrasive in it. The idea of the abrasive is is that we can remove surface stains just like you do when you go get your teeth with Approphy paste. Yeah exactly, but if you don't, if it's a color of the tooth, super excuse me, surface stains, Removing that is marginally improvement. It's the bleaching that actually makes teeth whiter where you're actually lighting making the color of the tooth lighter, and toothpaste won't do that.
Speaker 4: I found that because I use that you guys helped me with that. Is that, just like everything else, these whitenings that the dentist gives you have moved forward. There's so much.
Speaker 1: Easier to do.
Speaker 4: They to me, maybe I'm next imagining this. My teeth are not as as sensitive as they were on the early ones that first came out. Like I remember the first ones came out. I guess they were so strong.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: I felt like my teeth were sensitive while I was using it. The last time I did it, I really didn't feel that that much, it didn't make them that sensitive.
Speaker 20: Well, one thing you have to bleaching works tooth bleaching. Professional bleaching works on young people the best ride because they have the thickest.
Speaker 2: Enamel on their tent. Everything.
Speaker 20: You have to have enamel. Only enamel will bleach. Okay, so you have to have enamel. It won't have any effect on it any type of restoration, filling, crown veneer or anything like that. So really and truthfully, if you do have pretty thick enamel, when you have the trays and you put the bleach in there, it will work well.
Speaker 4: About dry mouth. People saying, how what would you suggest about dry mouse?
Speaker 20: Dry mouth is a double whammy. Okay, One is dry mouth means so saliva. People really don't appreciate how important salive is. Saliva not only neutralizes acids. And we know that all the toothwar all the issues going on because of acidity, whether it's ingested or regurgitated from the stomach. So acid is bad and saliva neutralized acid. The other thing slive does it fights decay. It's it's antibacterial, so and it bays your teeth and really helps prevent cavities. So people are very susceptible to toothwar and decay if they have no SALIVI I know.
Speaker 4: The thoroughbreath lognges. I use those some of it, you know, and they don't have any kind of sugar or anything in them, so you're not. Yeah, so those help me a lot.
Speaker 20: Anything with zlidalls, alotols and natural sugar that will that it's beneficial. Again, it helps fight decay and helps keep the mouth. But saliva substitutes. There's a lot of things you can buy over the counter, but you know, talk to your dentist about it because they help you with that and our highen.
Speaker 2: Our high.
Speaker 20: Just look for signs of dry mouth. People of dry mouth can have really bad, you know, affects in their mouth.
Speaker 2: Final question, electric toothbrushes. I know you love them people.
Speaker 4: People are like, look, some of them are one hundred dollars. They're looking for affordable. But if you go too cheap it that can be bad too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well some guidance on that.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 20: The benefit of electric toothbrush is simply you can't scrub with an electric toothbrush. You know a lot of things we see tooth where CHRISTI mentioned a minute to go toothbrushure brasion. That means that you're taking your toothbrush. If you scrub with horizontal brushstrokes really hard, you can wear teeth away. And so you don't want to wear your teeth by scrubbing too hard. The great thing about electric toothbrush is it's efficient. It cleans and you can't you don't scrub with it. You just hold it and let it do the work.
Speaker 2: Would that hard brush away? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, heart of.
Speaker 2: An electric toothbrush, But you don't have to get a crazy expensive one, do you.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you're saying any of them do the job if you was soft and just let the two reush do the work.
Speaker 2: Yep. And Alabama will have a great season. I wanted to answer one of those questions Christie wang In on Alabama football.
Speaker 20: How do you think alavil fall?
Speaker 2: That's funny, Christie is spoken. They we'll have a great season.
Speaker 9: You got it.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Christie Ward the winner and make Mama smile again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Team Doudgy. We'll be going to be in touch.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America greet again. The Rick Burchis Show.
Speaker 4: Hello, America. Thank you for being with us today. All right, So there's the first thing that we had going this week. We got to find out who one make Mama smile again when we know Christie Chris Ward is the winner.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Helixsleep dot Com slash Big Box. Happy Monday, folks. Do you realize there's a Memorial Day cell going on right now? A Memorial Day cell going on right now at heliksleep dot com slash Big Box twenty seven percent off and a free bed bundle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get a gift with that as well.
Speaker 4: It's a great mattress and it can make a world of difference in your life because these mattresses are customized to you. They're shipped to your door. You have one hundred nights to sleep on them to be sure that you love them, and you will. If you don't, I don't see that happening. But if you don't, they will take it back and they'll refund the money.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Some things that you also need to take into account. You know, how you sleep on your back, your side, your stomach. They want that info.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 4: They got big and Tall is just free kid. What kind of do you like soft medium firm. All that's going to be involved doesn't take very long. So the Memorial Day sales event gets you twenty seven percent off, and then you're going to get that free sleep bundle. It's a little bed bundle that comes with it some goodies and you're finally going to start getting the sleep that you your body's craving because it's gonna have something that has been customized for your body. So get yours now at twenty seven percent off by using helic Sleep dot com, slash big Box, or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com and just look right there under the sponsors button.
Speaker 2: Time for a little hay bird.
Speaker 6: Say bird vers all right.
Speaker 4: Emails from you the audience coming in at Rick Burgessshow dot com and you can go there where it says contact, or you can just look on the team.
Speaker 2: All of our email is there.
Speaker 4: It's pretty simple, and if you want it to be considered for the broadcast, just put hey burg hey Burge there in the subject line. Here's a quick one from Robin listening to episode one of the new podcast Strange Encounter's got a lot of this over the weekend. Thanks to you and ad Adler for doing this Rick, I thought it was well done. I put it on my list of podcasts, and I'm recommending it to all my friends. Well, Robin, thank you. Episode one did come out this weekend. If you haven't caught it, we've got a ton of feedback already. Go look for it wherever you get podcasts, or go to the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel or our podcast channel and you'll see it there.
Speaker 2: Hey bird, Hey Birge. Eric is checking in. Rick.
Speaker 4: I have a problem, everybody, He says. He wants the men all ready for this one. We'll all become a panel now, okay, he said, My dad and I want to bring this up because of tomorrow. I know that men Don't Walk in the Rain is being released. And my dad, like your dad and Greg's dad, one of the toughest me that I've ever known. He grew up farming, spent thirty years at a steel mill, and retiring two years ago. He didn't even shed a tear at either his parents funeral, didn't cry when Old Yeller died in the movie, doesn't cry when he's cutting onions.
Speaker 2: He's a deep man of God. He's a great witness.
Speaker 4: While out celebrating Mother's Day, this past weekend, I witnessed my dad eating ribs with a knife and fork in public. Oh no, It immediately took me back to the James Gregory bit. Has he reached tenure with a man card that it can't be taken from him? He's such a tough guy, He's done so many things that man card is there for the lifetime, can't be pulled.
Speaker 2: And he says, do I even bring it up? I need it vice? He's sixty seven years old. Do I say anything? Do I dress this? Do I let it go?
Speaker 8: You're saying that a man can get to a certain age, Well, he's asking where he's paid his dues his life and he really can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're saying is legit? I think he gets a pass. Yeah, And it sounds like.
Speaker 2: It is toughest man he's ever known thirty years at the steel mill.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also, he did not cry at either parent's funeral. Well, I don't know. I don't know if he didn't cry with funeral. I think if we cry at your parents funeral, that doesn't mean you're not a funeral. Yes, how about this, Well, let's look at the other way. My parents funeral candy, you're not a man, you cried your mom is. But what about the fact that he can cut onions and not cry. That's now, that's impressed.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 2: But does a man reach a point is the bigger question? And does this guy address it?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to picture greg our dad still being alive and we saw him eating ribs with a knife and for it would but I'd be terrified to say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I'm an I don't know that I would be bold enough. Just I'll give you because I'm gonna tell you about you would do that. I will tell you what our dad would have said. He would have said that he's about to take the ribs that he's eating with a fork and a knife and do something that would be anatomically impossible.
Speaker 8: That's right, but but yeah, it would be I'll tell you this. It's not something that you're probably proud of when you see it. But you don't say anything. To your point, you just let it happen. We don't say anything, And do we give this tough dad? Is his man card irrevocable? Do you reach a point?
Speaker 2: I think so? I think so, well, It depends on how far you go. I mean, if it would be I think so Adler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mind to take somebody's man car. Really, you know, especially with all that stuff he's done.
Speaker 2: You're scared of this guy, just hear in the email.
Speaker 7: Well, I wouldn't say anything to him. I would judge him secretly in my brain, but that's it. I wouldn't do anything else.
Speaker 2: Do we agree, though, that a grown man can't eat ribs with a knife and fork.
Speaker 7: I don't think he should.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not gonna say he can't, but I will say he shouldn't, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was concerned about his teeth coming out.
Speaker 9: Hey, ribs are tough in public, let's call it ribs in private. I'm getting disgusting, disgusting on him.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no way to eat ribs and everybody not just get to know you a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, and kind of like eating them by myself.
Speaker 2: That's kind of my fan by the way. I was that you just have to go in and go here I am. I'll raise my hand on this one. I'm that guy.
Speaker 4: If I'm eating something that's bone in at a at a state restaurant. No matter how nice it is, I'm getting that last little bit. I'm picking that bone up.
Speaker 7: Yeah you got.
Speaker 2: Does not go over and goes over?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well have you because have you seen it?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 21: Animal?
Speaker 2: Basically great? Of course it was DAT night because I had that shirt on. Yeah, so you did that with a shirt? Oh yeah, I think I overdid it just to kind of safe.
Speaker 4: You see if I can all set the shirt, you know some serious So I don't think you bring this up to your dad.
Speaker 2: No, Now, you just did to millions, but I mean not to your dad. No, so adder the others. What did us later? But there's another one, an incident at the gym that was wild. I'm not a come up. Later, we'll hit that one. Like all on top of the hour, you got the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: America Marges Show.
Speaker 4: Here we go, America, brand new hour. Thanks for being with us. Speedy Greg Adler all here.
Speaker 2: Ready casting from the real world. We've covered a lot already.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show, go back and catch it on our YouTube channel, our podcast archives. We announced the winner and make Mama smile again. Christie Ward is our winner. So thank you America for voting on that. We updated you on that last hour. We got an active week coming up. We moved to phase two. Phase two is preparing for the live broadcast coming up from the Coca Cola Patio this Wednesday. Gene Hallman. It's always interesting to watch Gene come into our studio.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we we've always been kind of an oddity, you know, back during the years of the Rick and Bubba Show. And now I think in some ways we can be even more dangerous now than ever that ever, because we're like we've been doing it a long time. What we're going to do to us now and so and you know, we've been a little rowdy, you know with the with the new show, and and we're looking forward to being out there and making something happen. We'll be broadcasting live from uh the Drumming Company Celebrity he program as part of the region's tradition. So Jeane, thank you for inviting us back, and we are looking forward to Wednesday.
Speaker 21: First of all, I feel like I'm sitting in the child's chair.
Speaker 4: Let's wonder where you were going, do you remember, like, uh, let's lift it up all the way back to It's a wonderful life, mister Potter. You know, there used to be these people that that have a little bit of problem with ther you know, they they've got a little bit of a problem and they overcompensate, and they would bring you into their office and they'd always make your seat be lower than them so that you would feel kind of inferior.
Speaker 23: Well, this person didn't have an inferiority complex, but he did it. Bear Bryant, oh really had a platform behind his desk where he towered over people that came into.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so he just did it for intimidation.
Speaker 21: Oh intimidation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how about that? Well, do you feel you want to be lifted up some do you feel better.
Speaker 21: Maybe at the break? Yeah, that'd be good.
Speaker 2: To look at Rick.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 4: You know what I think happened there was that when we did What's Eating Scott Giroski, he accidentally hit the thing that lowered it and I'll think we ever picked it back up show us there.
Speaker 2: Plus, if you sit on the back side of the seat, there you go. You feel better with the big boys.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: A couple of things, and Jane talked about this too. We're getting pushedback on a man card being irrevocable, and somebody used the example Bruce Jenner.
Speaker 21: That's perfect goods. I mean his man card was burned.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and buddy, did he have one?
Speaker 6: Didn't have one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 12: I mean Wis Box drove a race car. Yeah, he did it all, jar, he did it all, Jane, So do you think and you did it all? You brought up the example not gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, not going to happen.
Speaker 21: Coach Saban and the dress on Wednesday?
Speaker 23: His man card's gone, but that's not gonna happen, right, yeah, if he showed up, So I guess there. I think Greg said that there are limits and if you pass that limit, I don't care who you are. Your man card's gone.
Speaker 2: So they're not ecsting. Really is awake up? That's a test.
Speaker 4: You were here, you listened to the email. Do you think that guy by using a fork and a nine for a brew.
Speaker 21: You know he's still a lifelong number. Okay, that wasn't enough now.
Speaker 2: That the fort All right?
Speaker 4: So Jeane, let's talk about this week active, active, active lot going on. People love the Drumming Company celebrity program. I remember you telling this, and you've been updating us when this first started, and there still is a lot. Don't misunderstand me. The focus was actually on the actual pros who would be playing on the tour. And what is it called now the legacy is a champion champion, championship tour.
Speaker 2: I like that better than seniors.
Speaker 4: And we used to call it sings. Yeah, so the champions. At one point that the program was kind of, yeah, that'll be fine for people. And but now the pro am and in some people's eyes, is as big and in some bigger than the actual tournament.
Speaker 23: Well, Wednesday is bigger than Thursday or Friday, which is the actual first two rounds of the tournament. Nowhere else on tours that's the case. And I stumbled into it. You can do Charles better than I can. But the second year, nineteen ninety three, August, the NBA wasn't playing I see Charles, Hey, Gene.
Speaker 2: I'd love to play.
Speaker 6: Let me play the gene.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 21: I paired him with chee chee.
Speaker 1: It was huge.
Speaker 23: And then next that very next year, in nineteen ninety four, Michael Jordan and Charles explained with the Barons right yep, and then it took off and then it became who's coming to the pro am right more so than anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So and it was great to do that in the Rick and Bubby years.
Speaker 4: And of course we put you in a lot of the rest there yes, lots that should continue this Wednesday, frankly, so we'll be.
Speaker 2: There broadcasting live.
Speaker 4: But what we also started doing was, you know, there's the charity is again Children's of Alabama. Children of Alabama, great charity, wonderful work that these people do, and so they're going to benefit, you know, from all the money that can be raised. In One of the ways that we raise money is for someone to bid the most money to Children's of Alabama and then that person is going to get to be in their own cart and go with a group. And this year we have already selected the group for people to bid on. So do you want to break that down?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 23: At eight thirty off the first team with Tom Lahman, who's won this tournament twice, he's the pro. You've got Greg Nickilroy, AJ mccaren and Taylor Head.
Speaker 2: Oh what a fun, great fun.
Speaker 23: Group, two BAMA quarterbacks that won the Nattie. Yeah, and the American Idol.
Speaker 4: There you go if you want to, and we're not gonna play games with the bidding. Okay, you can just email Speedy Speedy at rickburgesshow dot com, Speedy at rickburgesshow dot com your bid and then we're not going to go away to the end of the show for the next hour and forty five minutes or so, We're going to let people bid and then once we're done, we're done, and then that person will be VIP with us on the Coca Cola patio. You get to hang out with the whole show, and then when the team's ready to go out, you'll be putting a car. They do a fantastic job of taking care of you, and then you will be able to go with this group Greg McElroy, AJ mccerron, Taylor Hicks, and your pro Tom Leman, who's won.
Speaker 2: It twice twice. That's big. So that's big.
Speaker 4: So you can start that bidding now by just emailing Speedy. So let's talk about the rest of the program. There's there's more going on. Speedy is going to be teeing off after the show. We decided that was the right thing, right, got.
Speaker 21: Too stressful on speed. Yeah, I don't blame yeah, but let's.
Speaker 2: Start at the beginning.
Speaker 4: So right out of the gate, run down some of the things that people might want to know that are coming Wednesday.
Speaker 23: Well seven ten, Trent Dilfer is playing with Kenny Perry, the former Super Bowl winning quarterback. Coach Natoks is playing with Steve Stricker. At seven point fifty, Bo Jackson is playing with Darren Clark. Coach Hugh Freese is playing with Tom David Toms, Kirby Smart and Commissioner Grex Sank. You are playing with Davis Love the third the first time that he has come to the terms about. And then you've got the group we talked about. Then you've got coach Kaitlin de Boor playing with Ernie Els, Nick Saban and Charles Barkley.
Speaker 6: What that is a group?
Speaker 2: You want to put me out there with that? Bammacle?
Speaker 21: Yeah, they're pretty good friend me and Nick Saban.
Speaker 2: You know, we both we believe in doing things well. Nick Saban, Yeah, we need to learn the word no.
Speaker 23: So last year Charles went and got him in a plane. He wasn't there, remember that. Yeah, knocked on his door, he wouldn't answer. I'm calling on his cell phone. I start to actually get worried. Finally we get ahold of him late night, late night. Not gonna make it. So I texted him about three days ago and said, cote h, Charles, you're playing with.
Speaker 21: Coach and I knew what that would do.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 21: Oh, that locks him in.
Speaker 23: Smart, I can guarantee with one bart when Stuart sinks the pro andart.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hate to bring up the negative because what you've done is brilliant. But the problem is this.
Speaker 4: You've got a very focused, not so sometimes cheery even though he's retired, so he's more cheery, that's true.
Speaker 2: And Charles, who will stop and talk to everybody.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be quite the dynamic between those two personalities.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but but I think Coach is a lot more laid back. Now it's not even close.
Speaker 21: I mean, I can't begin to tell you how much retirement suits that man.
Speaker 2: It's a different, big difference. Yeah. Now, I'm not sure he'll be the level of Charles. No, no, no one can can. I would just go over and talk to somebody.
Speaker 21: Charles is in a class of his own good way.
Speaker 8: Whenever Bo and Charles would play together, and I was in that group. It was fun because they were there. They're polar opposite bows rated. He's all business, let's go, who's on the tea box? And Charles is, you know, one hundred yards back, still signing things, and they get to argue and let's go.
Speaker 23: You know, Charles was on this quest to improve his golf game. He actually did a Golf Channel special with him. Couldn't do it, couldn't do it. Finally found this rather obscure former tour pro named Stan Uttlely, and he fixed his wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thought that nobody else could do it. He didn't pause anymore.
Speaker 21: He doesn't saw it.
Speaker 4: We saw it live trained, staying out every Yeah. Oh that, yep was the strangest ship I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Did y'all? Everybody was heard?
Speaker 8: Do you remember the year or two y'all played at Shoal Creek they hosted, and you remember when y'all we went to the tea box and he got locked up and he's like, oh man, and then he just swung with one arm and went right down the middle.
Speaker 2: He just and that's when he was so frustrated with his first tea that day and he broke his driver and the head club went further than the ball.
Speaker 23: He goes onto the night show, auctions it all for charity, signs it and I think he got like fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great about that. That's good too. All right, So and I'll show at nine o'clock, big group that's this is a good up.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, Roley Green, Yeah, Jamie Johnson, Senator coach, Tommy Tubberman.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, two country singers.
Speaker 21: Yeah, okay, why wouldn't he But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just there's a lot going on.
Speaker 21: He's trying to He says this is important now if.
Speaker 2: He's working this out, and I don't know if we'll get there in time for the ship. I would love for him to get there because I know he wants to announce he's running for go on the show.
Speaker 21: That would be great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and guys, we're forgetting John Daily pro John Daly's with the group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the brother. Don't forget John Daly is.
Speaker 6: The for this group.
Speaker 21: Can you imagine him and James John Jamie Johnson, John Daly in the sitting US senator and then two.
Speaker 4: Country music guys thrown in there who probably are gonna drift more towards John and the way he wants.
Speaker 2: To do the right It's a party. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: I love him.
Speaker 2: More of the Rick Burgers Show right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Showing. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor, So like No Francis and enjoy the Rick.
Speaker 2: Big Week, Big Week, Big Week.
Speaker 4: So today we've already announced the winner and make Mama smile again. We now have announced your opportunity to go inside the ropes and be with one of the groups for the celebrity pro am the drumming company sponsoring that for the Regent's Tradition coming up this Wednesday, the Rick Burgess Show Live from the Coca Cola Patio, and the group that you have an opportunity to be with Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks and Tom Layman. If you would like to bid the most to Children's of Alabama, the highest bid right now eight hundred and fifty dollars and that that'll get smoked.
Speaker 2: That won't stand.
Speaker 4: So if you all you said, don't sandbag on us, you better get it in right. So speed him at rickburgesshow dot com. If you have the highest bid, and then you'll also be with us on the patio as our VIP guest up until your group goes out. So we've got Gene Hallman, he's announced. Everyone looking at some very interesting pairings from the text line Gene. Someone says, uh, do you think that Greg sank uh realizes what he'll be dealing with? You've put in with Kirby smart And he said, do you think Kirby will address his schedule?
Speaker 2: Last year?
Speaker 23: H with the commissioner, we talked about this, Uh, you know, Kirby had some some things to say on the stage and we we I'm sure they've mended their way since that point, uh, but that that's gonna be interesting as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then you we talked about the Saban Barkley dynamic. A lot of the audience also asking did Caitlin de Boor say anything to you about his interview with me last year?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 21: He did not, Okay, good?
Speaker 2: What was it, Gene? What happened? I don't know what?
Speaker 8: Everybody was upseting? They don't let him explain it because he worked on on Coach to Boar's role Tide. It was on how he's saying it very good and It.
Speaker 2: Was just extremely awkward.
Speaker 8: It was awkward, and I think coached the board it how to take him because he had just gotten here, and who's this guy?
Speaker 2: You know, I think he's more settled in now. I'd say it road Tide and I just went coach, no, I said.
Speaker 4: And I thought I was being a friend, you know, like if I came over, let's let's say, for instance, because you know I'm not you had to help me with golf etiquette.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it, so you had to kind of sponsor me and say, Rick, we don't do this. You want to do that, you want to dress this way? And I had to learn, well, he'd never been in our culture. And so when he's now about to be the head coach for the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then he gave me a roll tide and I was like, I was like, no, no, no, And I was teaching him how to say it right. And some reason I met her by uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's just the way I thought his face. I thought I was. I thought I was being helpful.
Speaker 21: What a nice man, though, yeah, very nice.
Speaker 2: He was fine. He I thought he and I hit it off. I really did. Everybody hit it off. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 21: I have to ask him before he goes on the show, just.
Speaker 2: Tell him he was trying to be saying roll tide.
Speaker 4: And I talked him the different ones like if you see something roll tide, yeah, yeah, you know you see each other greeting row tide, road tide, Yeah, a road tide.
Speaker 2: I told him to do the one with the d a road tid. You get that dude in there. Yeah, he didn't know all that you somebody would have gone over it.
Speaker 4: And then uh, then there was the uncomfortable when I asked Sabing what Cherry and I should bring to the lake House for Memorial Day and kind of was like he looked.
Speaker 2: At me like and I said, I get the sense I'm in jeans, and what he said, I had to jump off of the boat of the boat boat house. Yeah, that's the way that Gene.
Speaker 8: This is when we see folks for like ten minutes a year and we think they're where that they're like where they're Yeah, what's your sale?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Let's text So if I'm out there Jane and I want to go, Let's say I'm out there and I don't know the process.
Speaker 2: I've never done it. Before. What you need to do if you want to do Wednesday and the rest of the weekend, I do what.
Speaker 21: Go to regentstradition dot com. Find out the best place to park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's important. All parking is pay.
Speaker 21: As a matter of fact, it's this parking lots one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, sure is free.
Speaker 22: Shuttles to the front of the clubhouse, no walking, drop you off right there. And what I would do to follow these groups is I would follow them the front nine. Front nine is very flat, easy to walk. Follow them through number ten because that's an iconic hole. Now peel back to the clubhouse and wait till they come toward you down seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 8: Ah those gallery yeah, yeah, okay, it's it's a it's a it's a running joke with the groups is hey, we got a gallery hole coming.
Speaker 2: Everybody to be ready, gallery hole coming.
Speaker 4: Are you a little concerned that, you know, new show gotta make it happen in the shadow of the old show that Speedy may be willing.
Speaker 23: To I wasn't concerned until I came to speech on my what you know that would make you a great before and after photo?
Speaker 21: You can compare here was younger begingah.
Speaker 2: I remember the tree. I always pointed the tree every year. That's the tree. I took my clothes off behind right there when.
Speaker 21: I heard where I dropped underwear.
Speaker 2: Jane's voice speedy can't speedy? What what speedy? Couldn't do anything to get in trouble?
Speaker 23: What you said when Placer show and I said, I don't know what you're talking about, because I came in the middle.
Speaker 2: You could do it.
Speaker 21: And I said go because I'm thinking what you didn't think that?
Speaker 2: Good? Gosh, No, Rigs was.
Speaker 1: On the driving and.
Speaker 21: Was never the same. I mean they did win for next year, have asked.
Speaker 8: I've teen off at twelve forty with Moose, Daryl Moose, Johnston and the pro Corey Pavin and others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, no Gene as well. So we're gonna have a good time. Thank you, Gene. We'll be right back to stay closer.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table the Rick Burgess Show, banging.
Speaker 4: Out, having a blast, loving it. Relief fact you're teaming up with the Rick Burgess Show. I've been taking this product for years now and I love it. Just already had the first pack of the day. You know, if you're you know, world class athletes, our Weekend Warrior are just aging. You know, like we said, you get injured, sleeping, maybe you might want to try a natural approach. If inflammation is the problem, relief Factor will get the job done. Now, this is not masking pain. That's not some overnight thing. That's the reason why we're talking about a three week supply. But if inflammation is your problem, these are four botanicals. They do it naturally, They get to the root of the problem and they will get rid of it for good. So if you're hurting backneck joints, muscles, start feeling good again and again naturally. You know, over the counter stuff they even tell you don't take this stuff like it's a supplement. But relief Factor is. It's all natural, so you can. So go to relief Factor dot com now get your three week supply for nineteen ninety five, or call them one eight hundred and four Relief or just go to Rickburgessshow dot com under the sponsors and take the product that we love, relief Factor. All right, Hallman's staying one more segment, and we keep because we keep reminiscing in time and talking about this Wednesday's broadcast, which is you know, he's been through a lot, and so we've talked about the differentferent groups. We've talked about the one that you can bid on Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, Tom Layman. Highest bid to Children's of Alabama gets to spend time with them and be our VIP guest on the Coca Cola patio. After the show's over, Speedy will tee off at twelve forty with Gerald the Moose, Johnston and Corey Pavin. So that's that's big, So you'll enjoy that as well if you want to see Speedy tea off and Hallman's giving you a summit by some kind of how to handle the course to get the best experience parking and everything. So we were talking about every time Speedy comes back, and Halmond even mentioned how old were you Speedy when you went streaking at the Celebrity prom I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what year did the Rick and Bubba Show had only been on the air. Yeah, months, Yeah, it in Birmingham, late nineties. That was what I was thinking. So if in nineteen ninety eight you would have been I know, it's tough man. Yeah, I don't know, probably uh maybe twenty eight or something like that. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you're saying, Hollman and don't watch watch yourself. What about you know you've got twenty eight speedy and you've got fifty eight, fifty six fifty six.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry you brothers fifty eight. Look, can everybody stop? I'm not streaking again. No one said, okay, wait a minute. No one said just I mean, clearly that's Alane job. No one said that are you putting on to God?
Speaker 7: Now I'm a dad.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: I think just for old time sake, Greg, if Adler runs across their people, just report some sort of woodland creature.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a low weird ca there's a honey batcher in the woods.
Speaker 2: Strangest dog ever saw.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some things in life that maybe you do just once. And I think streaking I.
Speaker 7: Agree, because what y'all you're doing it again?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, this is me, this is me, here, it is this is Jeane. I was right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and this I believe Mark Prater with the ABC affiliate at the time, he was a meteorologist. Please they they unfortunately, zoomed on in. This got him in a meeting. And I know, Gene, you've gotten a meeting too about this, so you've told us it was So that's me naked right there. You just showing me naked.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going full scream.
Speaker 7: I'm not going full scream because I love you, because I'm your brother.
Speaker 2: You love that brother.
Speaker 4: I asked you, I said, so you you took some heat for that with a hat on his shoes. Did you see Jean's eyes when I said you took some heat over that. He looked at me like, do you not know how much heat up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've never told us this.
Speaker 23: Well, so this man who was head of the Senior PGA Tour as it was called at the time, is of your dad's generation.
Speaker 21: So imagine your dad calling you into the trailer.
Speaker 23: You're new to the tour. I'm thirty five. I'm like if I've been called to the principal's.
Speaker 21: Office and I had.
Speaker 7: He shut his door and said that radio show.
Speaker 21: Is never coming back here again.
Speaker 2: Oh, never again, never again.
Speaker 21: And I said, but they're number one.
Speaker 23: He said, I don't care if they're number fifty. They're not coming back again. And I chose to ignore it.
Speaker 2: You just want to wait a minute. You didn't You just hoped they wouldn't notice.
Speaker 23: Well, and they noticed, and they gave me a hard time. But then I guess just over time, it became part of the fabric of the tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fact. And Speedy quit running naked.
Speaker 21: If he'd kept doing it, that's a good point.
Speaker 7: He's gonna show it one time only, Yeah.
Speaker 14: One time.
Speaker 8: So please look at all the golf trailers and this is the driving range here and here.
Speaker 2: You butt cheek on out. Do you have any watching that?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 23: I do, because on the range, I'll never forget what we're no idea. We're on that hillside on the back of the clubhouse and look down on the range. I went, God, what you knew it.
Speaker 2: Was gonna be bad, didn't you? Oh yeah? Oh yeah, yeah. I had pretty good speed going because I was truck. It's the same speed if something changing you because you're running, you're like.
Speaker 21: The best part is he dropped his underwear and went back and got yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately for the lady that was drinking coffee on the other side of the woodline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'say. And you had to stop and go back all you're exposed. At that point I said that that lady for the next five years got up early and said in that same spoty.
Speaker 6: I want to.
Speaker 2: He's gonna show back up put a feeder out there. So so you got major troubles.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things to do, not know that we're always have been known to do back in the Rick and Bubba days and again this coming Wednesday, we just pack up our stuff and go and then we leave you with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was scared to death. I mean it.
Speaker 21: This guy was a towering presence. He ran that tour.
Speaker 23: The iron fild Man called me in Deshowing whipper Snapper at thirty five and shut the door on me and said, uh uh, this is never going to happen again.
Speaker 8: Right now, let me different. It was a different time to see. Back then you could streak, get trouble and go home. Now you streak, you're going to jail.
Speaker 23: And he didn't have phones with cameras, so you didn't have social media, so you didn't see stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, so true, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: But but this I realized that, yeah, we have footage showing the level of promoter that Gene Hallman is he took getting in trouble over canceling something that was bringing a lot of people out.
Speaker 2: To the event.
Speaker 21: Absolutely every day the show must go on. Yes, there's no sense good thing.
Speaker 2: It's bad publicity, right and what we got plenty of it and that one and y'all have done a little better with golf etiquette. We're still screaming a little bit.
Speaker 8: And we're right of where the Coca Cola patio is is on the back of the clubhouse, and so it's overseeing the practice budding green and stuff. We're a little bit away from the first tea box, which is helpful, I think. And there's a lot happening, uh, but weis we can still get loud.
Speaker 4: Well, I really realized that I've never been there. This is my first year to be there when the show starts, dark picture. We've had to kick off our you know, in the last what decade or more along time of the Rick and Bubba show, So I've never been there. Like, let's get started, so dark think about how loud it's going to be early because we'll be in.
Speaker 21: Full force right a little bit.
Speaker 23: I think about this morning, which is my busiest morning of the year. Right, you know how sounds bring back memories.
Speaker 21: Rick's deep voice laugh is.
Speaker 20: Something that resonates all morning long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and I'm gonna come out laughing early. That's a fa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's theres Well, it's just fun. So you can be with us and we Speedy says he's not gonna do that again.
Speaker 2: Rick, somehoe on the text line said, let's get Gary to do it this year. Hey, please picture that. Hey, let me tell you something now. If I need to do something for the show, I'm gonna keep my polo on, but I could run through without my bridges.
Speaker 21: I have never met Gary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you will, not way you will. Hey, you introduce me to Gene. Yeah, that's that's what's gonna happen. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: Twelve hundred dollars the high spid right now. And so let me just for those of you that are out there that you're entertaining this, don't hold back.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and give a ship.
Speaker 8: Give us your ceiling right now, because if you wait, it could it could be snatched.
Speaker 16: Ow.
Speaker 23: Let me say real quickly to Regent's Bank, sponsors this tournament, because well, for many reasons, but the primary reason is the proceeds go back to Children's of Alabama, one of the finest pediatric hospitals in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, just added they tee off at one pm. Gary the bulldozer Man in Lane Kivin. I mean, you know, I played golf, you know, donn like I sure got a pretty good swain.
Speaker 2: So can you imagine? So, Jane, thanks for everything you wish to tell you. Jean, We're at our most dangerous, so I'm sorry ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you think we were dangerous in the early years, now we got what we got to prove. So uh so we'll be there live from Greystone for the region's tradition and Wednesday the Drumming Company Celebrity Proom.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is where Logic Beats left the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: All right, so thanks for being with us again today America. All right, so we're checking our list speeding. So we have announced the winner of Make Mama Smile Again. Got that done?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have the number two one for those of you. Yeah, Christy Ward, so that happened earlier.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: We just wrapped up with Halman, so we know who you're playing with when you're team off. And we've also got the group that people are donating money to Children's of Alabama to be with Greg Michael Roy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, Tom Layman and then Speedy T's off at twelve forty local time Darryl Johnston the Moose with Corey Pavin.
Speaker 8: So and I would tell you I'm really gonna enjoy that that nineteen after in the show and having that little break.
Speaker 2: We need you there.
Speaker 8: We not only that, it's not like I'm it's just we're down. You know, you want the numbers and if somebody's pinned behind the counter and they're on the air, but here comes coach Satan, who's who's talking, And we're gonna have lots of help there. But it's gonna be it's lots personally. It's just a lot of stress, a lot there's a lot of stress to just dropping the mic running to the tea box.
Speaker 4: If you look so so when we get there, when we get there, we will attempt to interview Trent Dilford, Nate Oates, Bo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Greg Micaelroy, a. J. McCarey and Taylor Hicks, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Roddy Green, Jamie Johnson, Tommy Turberville, Darryl Johnston. But we but it all just it's almost like these people are just coming at you and little when they're available, when they're available, and it just turns into total chaos and you get as many as you can. Yeah, and we had the only reason why we won't interview them as if they just refused.
Speaker 8: It, that's right. There's just a conflict where they're late or something like that. And it does have happened like last year with Barkley not being there. Everybody was, even his own staff was looking for him, all right, So Gene just didn't show.
Speaker 2: Jeene was finally transparent about that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, last year he was sick. This year, it's yeah, how about that?
Speaker 8: So twelve hundred is the highest bid to be with AJ mccerron and Greg mcroy's group.
Speaker 2: Twelve hundred, is it? All right? So Taylor Hicks, a couple of things that have happened that we need to run down.
Speaker 4: Staying kind of with sports right now, Derek Carr has announced his retirement from the NFL. Yeah, after eleven seasons. He just says, I've been dealing with a shoulder injury. It's put the It put the twenty twenty five season in doubt. He missed seven games with a concussion fractured hand. He set, upon reflection of prayer and discussion with Heather, his wife, I've decided to retire from the National Football League at thirty four.
Speaker 2: Thirty four. Can't believe eleven years in the league.
Speaker 4: And if I read this correct, he gave up if he stays, even though he was going to be out with surgery and all that, they were obligated to pay him thirty million, and he worked it with him.
Speaker 2: He took ten million, and so it helps against their cap and all that.
Speaker 4: But so he could have stuck around and went through the rehab and all this and be signed from if I read it correctly, he basically they owned him thirty and he said give me ten and I'm done. Okay, Okay, So they saved twenty million, but he still got ten. Yeah, but he had a big contract from when he was with the Raiders. They've got plenty of money. Sure, Yeah, yeah, I'm sure the networks will call to get him on. Yeah, he's a game. So Derek Carr has announced his retirement. If you're a Rockies fan, they fired their coach.
Speaker 8: They got beat twenty one to nothing, Rick, and they fired their coach. It was so bad that the fans were chanting sell the team and anyone you talking about a fan base that's just begging for the team to be good. They were getting destroyed. I think at one time it was nineteen to nothing. I think it was Saturday's game if I have it right, and they were doing the wave, and you know, just saying, look how many people are there. Their team is getting destroyed and we're showing, We're showing the crowd.
Speaker 2: Now, this is them doing the wave. I think they're losing nineteen to nothing at this point. By the way, I'm shocked they have that many people still coming toes.
Speaker 7: Twenty to nothing.
Speaker 8: Yeah it was that twenty nothing's okay, says yeah, that's at that point.
Speaker 2: That's when they were doing the wave. But it is it is a bad situation.
Speaker 8: They were playing the pirates and they just got destroyed and so got fired.
Speaker 2: We saw Billy Joel fall down. Do you remember that uncomfortable moment? Billy.
Speaker 4: Joel's wife says the singer's health has taken priority after he's now postponed his tour due to medical condition.
Speaker 2: So to get hurt from the fall. Seventy five years old, has been struggling, struggling with debilitating symptoms misdiagnosis, failed surgeries for years and starting to watch again showing it while you're talking. Look, somebody shot him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my goodness. He throws the mic stand. I forgot how bad this was. He throws the mic stand and just it's like shut.
Speaker 2: It does it looks like in retaliation of him throwing the stands what it looks like?
Speaker 24: You know what?
Speaker 4: It also looks like you you're not that far moved from it. A toddler that's just now learning to walk. Yeah, I try to do more than the visible throw the ball and they can't quite do that without falling. They're not solid enough.
Speaker 2: Guys. He went down, so bless his heart.
Speaker 8: So uh piano man, mother Rick quick update the bit Thy highest bid is three thousand, Okay, now we're ready, three thousand dollars to walk with the group.
Speaker 4: Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, Tom Layman. So three thousand dollars is the highest bid. About an hour left to bid. Send your bid to Speedy at Rick burgesshow dot com. Menendez Brothers update.
Speaker 8: I got to text them hobyby the Weekend.
Speaker 2: Investigator now that he went on his Hollywood tour and stopped at their house. He's up on an expert.
Speaker 14: He went on.
Speaker 2: He said that they might have a shot at freedom. So what they're saying, and then this story backs it up? Sure does. Hoby's right again. It looks like time served and they want to be released on pro So what it says.
Speaker 4: The fate of Eric, who's fifty four now Lyle fifty seven will be determined. Court dates are scheduled for May thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 2: So here we go. All right, that's that's coming up there. We're off and running. I want if they'll get the book Rick before they get released. The book's released tomorrow, I know, but just don't don't pull them in.
Speaker 14: They have to do.
Speaker 2: They need to tell you one thing.
Speaker 4: If the book first, if they've been raised by our dead, he would have killed them. I'm talking about if they tried to kill him, right, Yeah, they wouldn't have won that one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Uh So anyway, so that this is it, I mean tomorrow and Wednesday, Greg, where are you on Meninda's brothers being set first?
Speaker 2: I got a problem with it. That was such a brutal act. I'm sorry. I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they deserve to be out. But and here's the deal, something weird, John, You might want to research us if I'm right again? I saw the other day is that Rosie o'donald that has a like his major pin pal with one of them, and like what says she loves him and.
Speaker 2: Not rosd like Rosie o'donn loves him?
Speaker 11: And how.
Speaker 9: Kind of way here's an article writing an article why Rosie o'donald has been defending the Menandez brothers for thirty years?
Speaker 2: Okay, holy Matt.
Speaker 4: And she had made a statement like she loves him more than not like obviously romantic love.
Speaker 2: They're like brothers. What did I say?
Speaker 4: There's no romantic though there or else we can get some really bad information. But I'm saying, but she's just uh tore up about it.
Speaker 9: She feels like the Menandees brothers big sisters.
Speaker 2: The people who blew the parents out. How do you even know this information?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: An article.
Speaker 6: I meant to bring it right again.
Speaker 2: I ever doubted it.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I apologize se g you said, the only time you come close to being wrong is when you doubt that you're right.
Speaker 2: That's right. So I'll never do that again. But isn't that weird? That is that's really weird.
Speaker 4: The Menendez and but you're saying because you know, the district attorney that was gonna let him go, he got out, he's no longer.
Speaker 2: He got rise the election and the new guy was pushing back and now they back got him talked into it. Yeah. Wow, we'll see. How about by the end of this week, we'll know. Yeah, what a crime You're a No, I'm a note. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Ship.
Speaker 19: You better listen up.
Speaker 6: You know, like we say, all.
Speaker 19: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world the Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us America. Well we've we've done a lot today. I you missed it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The beautiful thing is the daily archives.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: It fills in the gaps that maybe you couldn't catch on your schedule.
Speaker 4: It live uh and you can grab those every day on The Rick Burgess Show podcast channel or on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that way you never have to miss a moment of the show on your own time.
Speaker 4: The live options are the boldest radio stations in America that said, you know what, I'll go with this Rick Burgess Show thing. We thank them all across America. Also, our tune in app is a live stream for you, and our YouTube channel is a live stream as well, so we thank you for joining us however you're joining us, whether that be live or archive. And also you notice on the Rick Burgess Show podcast channel, episode one of a brand new podcast that came out over the weekend, Strange Encounters Episode one is there. Thank you for the feedback that we've already got. Also, episode seventeen is there from called Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. All those years of the Rick and Bubba Show, some of those best moments now in a podcast. Seventeen episodes now available, and Adler will continue to add.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple things to hit. So we've got these are two things.
Speaker 4: One of them I think would just be you know somehow I don't think that I can look over video six uh, audio and video, but but five will start first, Remember we talked about red lobster.
Speaker 2: You know, if you if you grew up where.
Speaker 4: We grew up, you know, red lobster was considered swinky, swanky and we and we even.
Speaker 2: Established the term. You know, are you.
Speaker 4: As a lady out there, do men find you to be red lobster worthy? Because if you take somebody's where I took share for I mean, if you want to, if you want to fall in love, you took them to Red Loss. Absolutely that meant you weren't afraid to spend a little money, uh and uh and go to a little something, a little nice Adam feast.
Speaker 2: That's you know, that is a that's a great one. That's a good one. You know that one, that is a good one. Basket me, Yeah, so you were what are you doing getting shrimp basket? A little popcorn shrimp basket? Takes me back to my childhood. I knew my dad had had a good week when there after church? Yeah, that's a big corners remp. But I do feel like I'm a child, but yeah, just when I was younger. It takes me back.
Speaker 4: You weren't, of course, knowing you you probably took a date there and still made her get pop more shrimp. Yeah, but nothing wrong with it. But I'm not sure that's exactly And they claim endless shrimp is one of the reasons. That's on them.
Speaker 2: You know, they're having financial you know, like the ship. Yeah, but get the endless rimp. The people were eating too much cover that's it. I'm going on date nights Red Lobster. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so anyway, so you know how, you know how sometimes you need to be able to compare things side by side. So we were taking girls and eventually our wives to Red Lobster in the eighties, you know, but but probably you're still doing it on dates and stuff in the nineties and so manly she's going like the afternoon, oh yeah, wait, scharyon and I every nine and we'll still go back, just you know, just she can remember those that wonderful night that she fell in love right there in the wed Bobster, right there, and she realized at that time, well, I'll tell you one thing about this fella.
Speaker 2: He'll go ahead and get the ultimate fash.
Speaker 4: So as an adult, I can't order the popcorn you two over that. If it's endless shrimp, you can make it one of you two. That river habit, you're good. What about double shrimp? You want chicken fingers?
Speaker 2: Did you think Cherry looked at said wow, he'll go after those biscuits. Good.
Speaker 7: You need some crayon?
Speaker 2: Sure, So here we go.
Speaker 4: This is a video that's going to show us how high process have gotten just compared to the nineties. Here is a commercial about Red Lobster in the nineties, and then we'll compare it to and.
Speaker 7: Keep in mind, this is lunch now.
Speaker 2: It is lunch.
Speaker 16: Okay, it's Red Lobster's new lunch special shrimping Chicken just three ninety nine wide shrimp and grilled chicken breast with salad and baked potato.
Speaker 20: A limited time and Red Lobster for lunch.
Speaker 2: Kidding the shrimp and chicken and a baked potato for three ninety nine shrimp and chicken crazy three ninety all right, so i'll see we got specials beverages. See if you can find the cheap lunch. I'm just gonna go lunch favorite. Oh there's popcorn shrimp. Look at that, and it's for adults. How much? Let me go here if you order, uh wow, give me the price for adults.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I remember that lemon squeezing commercial commercial so much when I was a kid.
Speaker 7: That was a huge part of my childhood.
Speaker 2: For some reason. Three nin can you get anything? Get red lost run now for three? You can't even get a hamburger for You can get a dach for that. Maybe a basket of fries maybe, yeah, maybe, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 7: And I bet it for the dinner. It was like six ninety nine, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, punch so that the popcorn shrimp basket. Uh, let's see here is eleven dollars good night, just for popcorn shrimp.
Speaker 8: You gotta add the beverage at that cost about four three seventy good night. How your own crab legs?
Speaker 2: I love them. They're they're not worth the fight. Well, that's what it is. When I eat, I don't want to work. Yeah, they're they're there are a lot of work, a lot of words.
Speaker 7: Shrimp sometimes canna be a lot of work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you get bold, yeah you get what I get? What Bold? What is the great? Come again bold?
Speaker 14: Bold?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm trying to find anything boiled.
Speaker 14: You get.
Speaker 6: You have to work for.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now. Your hands sink, your hands steak bold. It's like your mounted will make the.
Speaker 1: Bold bowld uh my.
Speaker 4: Mother again fors up mozzarella cheese stick that was eight ninety nine nine bucks from we when when Will and Lisa go to Red Loster and I said, let's go ahead north cheese sticks. I was really throwing that money around. Oh yeah, look we got go ahead throw little cheese sticks. All right, all right, Greg, you came miss this one video six this The headline has had Mexican rapper.
Speaker 14: O T.
Speaker 2: With Mexican rapper was hit by bull at the p b R rodeo. Why rapping?
Speaker 6: Is it a bowl?
Speaker 2: Trimp or bowl? Okay, he's rapping when it happened.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know what he's doing. He's out In't it like he's a clown?
Speaker 6: Like he's.
Speaker 2: Mexican rapper OT.
Speaker 7: His actual rap name is that Mexican O T. What's his rap name? That Mexican O T. That is this guy's name. He's a he's big, he's big in Texas. This is in Fort Worth And I.
Speaker 2: Don't know everything. Ko and one Yes, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know if he's like me. He grew up and seeing the rodeos, so you think you know how to be a rodeo clown or something. But y'all he's into amongst he is amongst them, and he did go good. He's trying to run away. He's a big guy to.
Speaker 6: Do.
Speaker 8: He lost his you know what that last one he said, Look he comes again. They put a vest on him what is obviously to protect his enterds.
Speaker 2: But good night. I mean Beaty went through this.
Speaker 4: Remember and we were there were the bullfighters, and we've both ridden the bull but then we also got going over the bullfighters, which they call the clowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 4: Remember when that one looked and did this, He told me, you need to get out of there because if it comes, actually you can't.
Speaker 2: That's when you listen to the professional.
Speaker 9: This guy's big too. He's like big on Spotify. I think he's been. He's been a guest on like some of the biggest podcasts in the world like this. He's not just some like Street Corner Wrapper. This dude has like big hits.
Speaker 7: On like the world.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but why would he do this? Why would do He's not like agile. You might have got bold and this spin move probably saved was like I thought, right here he took a horn to the buttocks. Ye right here, split I don't understand why why he's doing that.
Speaker 2: I kind of wish that when we did at that time, that would happen to one of us.
Speaker 8: Had Yeah, a story that way, that on a loop every commercial for Remember they gave us the like what the clowns?
Speaker 2: That what they wore? Remember the Dicky's long slate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he said, walking around walking around here with that on, they think, hey from one of them.
Speaker 7: Great got in trouble for a second. Greg got brave any trouble and the bull died like the hoopscraping thing. Looking at Greg.
Speaker 2: That was that was not good. He said, you won't any bull tramp.
Speaker 6: I take it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Bye, Men Don't lun in the Rain. The new book by Rick Burch's available everywhere May thirteen.
Speaker 4: That's tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the day Men Don't Run in the Rain available in hard copies. You can get a signed copy, of course for your dad. We'll have those links, all those links will be there on our websites, Rick burgesshow dot com, Themanchurch dot com, Burgessministries dot com. That it'll all be there now. It should be available on other platforms as well. When it comes to like right now. I know on Kendall you can pre order it right now and it'll be available to you if that, if that's your preference. Also, it will be available on audio platforms. Some audio platforms I think already have it, but it'll all just kind of roll out across all the different audio platforms your particular preference. It may may not be there tomorrow, but it should be there soon. If it's not, so, tomorrow is the day. So right now we go phones. We open up the phones to you eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox unscreenphone calls. We're now launching the lines. There's ten of those. If you hear ringing, that simply means that we see you. And we'll start working through those as quick as possible to find out what is on your mind. We've already covered a lot today, and if you would like to comment on that, or bring up your own topic or ask a question, you can and we'll run through those rapid fire.
Speaker 2: Now we only have.
Speaker 4: About less less than forty minutes left on your ability to walk inside the ropes. Actually you'll have a cart inside the ropes coming up. Wednesday on our live broadcast. You'll get to walk inside, ride inside, Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, and or Hicks Group. Their pro is Tom Lahman. The highest bid right now three thousand dollars. If you want to bid more to Children's of Alabama. Emails speedy at rickburgesshow dot com. Before this hour ends to the phones, we go Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls go right ahead.
Speaker 26: Hey, good morning, Rick Hay. So I just got a problem with my local affiliate listening to you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I tried to call. This stage is.
Speaker 26: WCJM one hundred point nine the Bull Okay in West Point, West Point, Georgia. For whatever reason, the last couple of months, I know there's I know there's somebody in that studio list of this. Right now, you guys are cutting off the show mid sentence. It'll just be mid sentence. And it happens every day for the last several months, just mid sentence. They'll just cut off and go straight to a commercial. Well, and it is so aggravating.
Speaker 4: Well maybe they hurt. Yeah today, A lot of this, I don't know this their problem. A lot of this is tied to attempts to automate the show, you know, without a human being there, and sometimes these automation services they get the timing off and it's it's likely something like that. So I hope they heard that, and I hope they get it corrected. And I'm sorry that's been your experience.
Speaker 3: So I had a great day, you.
Speaker 4: Too, man, I know that that can be very frustrating. Uh, they didn't cut off the sentence. Well I heard, they may not hear it. Right now, we continue Rick Burder's show. Unscreen phone calls your own go ahead. Hey, Larry, Larry, been a little better after you've got a little PALTI on Friday.
Speaker 2: That's not.
Speaker 27: I feel a lot better after VIDI and I talked.
Speaker 14: Good.
Speaker 2: Good Larry.
Speaker 8: I hope y'all had a great weekend. You and Carolyn have a good weekend together.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, Uh, there's a guy called k Dog and boried antenna's a box of patches.
Speaker 14: Hat.
Speaker 2: How did you say, Larry?
Speaker 7: Forty two?
Speaker 2: Good? One more time?
Speaker 7: You know how many forty two?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: We have international boone.
Speaker 2: Calls, international phone calls about.
Speaker 7: We got a patch friday from Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: Whoa what the show's everywhere. Every one on his way the worst. And you did you get the one we sent?
Speaker 14: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, be looking for it. It's got a coin in there to Lair. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna be frank.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was trying to do some weak eating. But it's starting the rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're sending you all the rain we had, Larry. Yeah, yeah it was rained a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's rained a lot, Lair, it's gonna be. It's gonna be wet for a while. Looking, I'm so glad you called back. Everywhere I go I have people say, oh, I just love Larry and I love Speedy's impression.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you like my impression of you, Larry. You think it's pretty dead on? Or what do you think Carolyn does?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She laughs.
Speaker 14: But between you and me, I like it.
Speaker 2: Don't let people come in and ruin our fun. Yeah you're having a blast. Yeah, come on, man, come on.
Speaker 13: I've been getting the credit to you. People on Facebook to disapprove of it, but I don't see nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 4: That's your decision, not these people that are trying to I don't like when people try to be offended on my behalf or somebody else's behalf right. That's your decision, that's Carolyn's decision. That ain't their decision.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'll tell you who does. I'll tell you who loves you, and that's Kate. The all got to Florida loves you. Somebody in Hong Kong loves you. Apparently I love him.
Speaker 11: Call Carolyn, good morning.
Speaker 2: So what do you say to all these facebookers that are trying to ruin the fun?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 13: I don't agree with that at all.
Speaker 27: I mean, they just need to stay out of it.
Speaker 4: You know, ain't none of their business. Yeah, we're all having fun here, Come along for the rider.
Speaker 2: Get off the train. Yeah, yeah, I do have to ask you, But yeah, good? Are y'all still pulling the ship the sled? I should say to the grocery store.
Speaker 13: No, Carolyn's got it in the living room as a copy table.
Speaker 7: I should.
Speaker 2: It's nice. Hey.
Speaker 4: Look, everybody keeps saying, Larry, do you want us to do a birders show Patchoul?
Speaker 2: That just make your day? We would love it. Yeah, okay, I got to look into that. I like to know, Carolyn, do you love patches?
Speaker 13: I do?
Speaker 28: I enjoy it with Larry?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's one what a great She loved Patches so much she married him.
Speaker 11: Yes the thing.
Speaker 13: Yes, you'll hear a story and a town on the radio and she'll say.
Speaker 7: Carl Yet they have a police department.
Speaker 4: So Carolyn's all in now, she's part all right. Yeah, well we love you both, Thanks for calling, and glad you're getting Patches.
Speaker 2: From all over including so that's awesome. That's good. Yeah, I'm glad. You know they only called a few times.
Speaker 4: Some of you killed Joyce. Y'all, don't mess art, don't don't come in here, and Messa up. I don't know why people hate like that. We continue a K dog step up. Thank you, k Dogs. Welcome to the Rick Burger Show on screenphone calls and go.
Speaker 24: I just wanted to call and give out kind of a shameless plug to a young man that's going to get golf balls in the pro am on number thirteen for all the pro am participants, and he did it last year. His name is Zach Holton, The Long he lives, Yeah, World Long Drive. He's World Long Drive number five right now. And uh he uh grew up here. He went to Oak Mountain High School, Birmingham Southern College. Cool and he works and lives here in Birmingham.
Speaker 2: So okay, great, that's cool. You'll see him. Know what's he doing.
Speaker 8: You've seen these longer guys and he's kind of like the guest te r t, you know, to help to help the Mecan donation or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he that'll be cool to see him, all right. We got to have me doing that on a couple home. No, I can grip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's good buddy, Now.
Speaker 4: Good, great, go be the guest tier. It's gonna be Long Island tea. Unfortunately, we'll come back. You got a half hour to get in a bit bigger than three thousand dollars to go inside the ropes Wednesday Speedy at Rick Burgess show dot com.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. They are the uncles your parents one about. We're back.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with US America.
Speaker 4: We have worked out a lot already. So anything you miss catch on the daily Archives, you know, this has been a product. I've never seen Greg like al like the first time he heard me say the term fatty fifteen. Fatty fifteen was once my nickname when I was fifteen years old. But anyway, I'm funny fatty fatty fifteen dot com slash big vox, Rick, What in the world are you talking about fatty fifteen. There's really never been anything like this, And this is like, I mean, we're talking about pioneering health at a cellular level. Okay, the US Navy worked with this doctor to develop fatty fifteen. You know, we know about essential fatty acids, and you know how critical nutrients for our bodies. And you know a lot of people got out there and said we got to get rid of all fat No, not so fast. Well there's good fats fatty like fatty fifteen. And people are like, well, how do I know the good from the bad? Well, that's what we've solved that with fatty fifteen. Eighty fourteen, the one, the one that you're gonna love, and I'm talking about that really vastly improves your longevity, slow's biological aging. At a segular level, we're speaking of C fifteen. That's got a big, long name, but we call it CE fifteen.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that's what you have with fatty fifteen dot com slash big vox. So taking the guest work out of what foods have CE fifteen the well, that's one way to go, or you could just take this supplement. You know you got it, so we're gonna get you fifteen percent off their ninety day subscription starter kit as a fan of the show Fatty fifteen dot com, slash big Vox, or go to Rick Burgess show dot com under the sponsors Hey and let us know.
Speaker 2: I want to hear how it's working for you. Okay, a couple of gruesome stories. That's good. Well is this a gruesome story segment?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I think so. And the whole tack story too.
Speaker 4: I know what they can can't do. There is no other like no other. Yeah, we got hour a little more half, we're paying. We're gonna play it again. We may play it at the end of this segment, just to get me out of this nightmare.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, y'all know this.
Speaker 4: If you, if you, if you, if you've listened to me for any any amount of time, you know that my number one terror, number one terror, is that I will be eaten by an animal.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't like the thought of it. I think it's got to be one of the most horrible ways.
Speaker 4: To die, because you know you're being eaten. What it's happened. They don't take you out quick. They don't take you out quick. I'm in an explosion. I'm here one minute. I'm going I'm in a plane crash. Please, I don't know how long. I know I've got seconds. It's gonna be pretty bad, but I'm going pretty quick. An animal, I mean, the animal could have me down. I could be bleeding out and it's just getting through my thigh. Can't play with the mouth. Yeah, and I'm up here, still alive. And this animal is like, I tell you one thing that's a CAF word eating and I'm like, somebody take me out. Slash might do something.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: We have two stories today and one of them, one of them is going to be a thing we've been telling you forever. This one though, Florida Man eighty nine want you, I want you to think about this man.
Speaker 2: You've made it to.
Speaker 4: Eighty nine years old, still card I mean, you're still living independently.
Speaker 2: Of course you got a dog. Is all independent old people tend to have. They need a companion, not necessarily well what else they can needs a hassle? Okay, he might he might love it, but he loved his dog. Of course, his dog bete the price.
Speaker 17: So uh.
Speaker 4: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Big long name, they have confirmed a man and his dog were mauled to death by a black bear, making this the first fatal black bear attack in Florida state history. Well, the black bear attacking is I don't. I don't think they're extreme legress, not in Florida from what I hear.
Speaker 2: No, no black bear. You watch it.
Speaker 9: Well, if it's black, fight back, if it's brown, laid down, and if it's white, good night.
Speaker 2: Thank you Adler for somehow that was racist. No, I can't figure.
Speaker 6: Bear.
Speaker 7: If it's a polar bear, if it's white, good night.
Speaker 4: Eighty nine year old Robert Markle God rest his soul missing from his home.
Speaker 7: Oh he's eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Did you not hear that part? He made it all the way to eighty nine? The bear drugging away by the leg. I got it by the leg. I don't know, it's That's what I'm picturing. And he's like I got him by the arm.
Speaker 6: Shoot all right.
Speaker 4: So I saw including the story because Speedy gave it to me. According to Hoby, Okay, the the bear. The remains were found about one hundred yards from the home, along with the evidence of a physical encounter between a bear and a person near the house. They noted the dog was recently killed by a bear that was near the person. There were signs that a bear had entered the home itself. I don't know the exact sequence of events. So he came on in, came on in. They believed that it was a male bear weighing somewhere. They said, with a black bear, you can be as low as two o seven, you can be as high as over four hundred. They've taken the carcasses. Wow, see the laboratories there in Gainesville.
Speaker 2: It is not good. So the bear went in and then drug them out. Correct, you say, what kind of dog? For some reason, I want to know the dogs. I think it was a jack Russell. They did find three bears in the area. They killed them. All Oh wow, good night. And they're testing you by association. Yeah right, they're also learned a lesson be careful you hang out with and yeah, so you know, there were a couple going Heck, it wasn't me, so yeah, they saying that the bear.
Speaker 8: I mean, I wonder how good nine got around if it was. If he was he got around. Okay, if the.
Speaker 2: Dog went after him and he was like, get back here. Yeah, was he trying to save Yeah, trying to save him? That's which one?
Speaker 18: Was it?
Speaker 2: Which one? We don't know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I could have been dog first, go out to save the dog. We seen were happening with alligators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you think maybe he came in, got the dog, took it out, he came out dog. How do you sound? I don't know. I'm just about like eighty nine. You also had like a cane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I pictured him with the cane. You make it to eighty nine. You're living independently, You and your dog, man and a bear get you.
Speaker 2: That's sad, that's tough.
Speaker 4: That's the one you don't count. You didn't never think that was going to happen. Headline number two. Violating an old rule that I've been talking about out for years. Never have pets that can take you. Please, people, stop with the pets that can take you. It's a bad idea. Don't have a pet. They can take you. One latch not shut. We're all dead, Okay. Don't don't live with that kind of pressure with a pet. Don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. Headline. Man mauled to death and eaten by a pet lion days after buying the beast to keep in his back garden. What this is in southern Iraq a guy went and bought a lion, and days after having it at home, the lion attacked him. And if I read some of the tales in the story, some of you wouldn't sleep tonight.
Speaker 2: Give me a little I will use this line that is in the story l I n E not l i O N. The lion.
Speaker 4: A large portion of the man's body. What and was also not giving it up? Was he would not give up the remains to be buried, and they had to kill the lion. I don't know why we didn't just kill it to begin with. Yeah, I sick of me to ask this, But what part of the body was.
Speaker 7: He holding his arm or something?
Speaker 11: Y'all?
Speaker 1: This is mother?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he was it lower? Was it rick? You know, they'll go they'll go for that mid area.
Speaker 4: Let's say Iraq is known for the trade with exotic animals exported and plus some of their native species.
Speaker 2: But trying to get a hold of it and get this.
Speaker 4: This tragic incident in Iraq comes after a zoo keeper was fatally attacked and eating alive by lines after going to get going into their cage to impress his girlfriend. That happened back in December, which means he died trying to be sharp straight up to seven.
Speaker 2: Took seven shots to take the line up seven mm hmm. Was it wild? Was it was the d done or was he in the middle of it? Well he had it, He had what was left with him. He was guarding it, so it was done. I hope he was done.
Speaker 4: Not They try to help us by saying that that the it was the line attacked him and and and he died immediately.
Speaker 2: No one knows that. Yeah, that's that's something you just say, meaning that's maybe that's an impression I don't think to do. When you say, when you hear the term large portion, you're not talking anymore. Well, it depends, that's what I'm saying. I mane your legs pretty large. Yeah, you lose a leg.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, if you lose a leg, you're done quick.
Speaker 2: Not quick, pretty quick. Yeah he bled out pretty quick. Yeah, bleed out pretty fast.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't have been trying to own one, but that's better than getting one. Trying to show off in front of your girlfriend. And he was a zoot keeper, so he thought he was don't got this.
Speaker 2: What's it? She said?
Speaker 4: She said, you know, that really helped me a lot, a lot because I was kind of attracted to the fact that he was brave, and I realized he was just dumb.
Speaker 2: The so what's up with the pet line? Will you would you go with I always wanted to listen if it could, if you could get away with it and it not kill you. Let's let's just take the rule off the table. It's gonna work out. Would you take the bear of the line as a pet?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I want to line? Yeah? I've always do you want to be? I always wanted to bear Grizzly Adams and Ben, the big giant Grizzly wanted one of them just spinach point though. I walk up.
Speaker 4: You know, we're hanging out. We decided to come over. Let's play some cards. We've got, you know, the peanuts and the chips, and we got to dip out and everything, and some of some of us are smoking cigars. And I walk up with the male line in there versus here, I come on, my kind of awkward bear can I ride it. I like to ride the bears set up on their butt.
Speaker 2: Like a person. That's true, that's true, coming in well the bottom, I wanted one like Ben. I mean, there was nothing coder than him having a bet bear and it was huge, right, But.
Speaker 4: You have to get in that world to get a guarantee because if it just goes remotely south. Remember that time the guy that had the beat bear and the bear just killed him just because one move went bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't mean to it. He hit his reaction. Yeah, do you remember that? Yeah, I didn't just showed him. Remember we started to put any fellow you know over that back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Butcher's show.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a cow boy, the.
Speaker 1: Man who pointed out that there is no such thing as both. This week Rick Butcher's.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so we we're on tacking today.
Speaker 4: We've already gone through I mean a lot, a lot on the program today if you missed it catching on the Daily Archives. We've already announced the winner and Mama smile again. So Doesney in the gang or contacting her and those of you that voted on that it was Christie Ward contested at number two. She won it seventeen thousand dollars dental makeover coming for her, and we are now in the final moments of the other thing that we've already done today. We've got a lot to do this week, lots lots, lots lots is we are about to close the ability for you to donate the most money to Children's of Alabama for this Wednesday's Drumming Company Celebrity pro am, part of the Regent's tradition. We'll be on the Coca Cola patio broadcasting live, so you get to come hang with us, you know, get there as soon as you can, and then you go out and walk with or actually ride in your own cart with Greg McIlroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, and pro Tom Layman. The highest bid right now three thousand dollars to Children's of Alabama. If you want to beat that bid, you have seven minutes to do so.
Speaker 2: Seven seven minutes.
Speaker 4: Speedy at Rickburgessshow dot Com, Adler the email I sent you from Hayburg.
Speaker 25: Okay, hey, Birch emails roll and then but we ain't turning back big Fox in the house.
Speaker 7: We're turning it loud. The Rick Burgess Show was rocking the Cloud.
Speaker 4: Okay, so these are emails from you, and you can just go to where you know, rickburgesshow dot com where it says the team you'll see all of our pictures and all the emails and how to follow us on Instagram and on X and all that x X and all that. So uh and then we get, you know, emails from you. And if you want to send me an email and it says hey bird in the subject, Hey Burdie burg that means you're like, yeah, put this on the air if you want to. If it's not, if it's something af fair, then don't put that in the subject.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 4: I have to say this one thing in an email chain that I'm in concerning the launch of the book tomorrow. Have you ever heard this analogy before? So I was asking everybody ready for the launch tomorrow? Is all the websites ready? Is the is the publisher ready? Are we all ready ready? And this came back Ironhill Press is as ready as a middle schooler with a NERF gun and a mountain dew.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that analogy before. That's ready?
Speaker 4: I mean is that you can tell that somebody that does a lot of middle school ministry there. Yeah, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: It was all right.
Speaker 4: So hey bird, Hey bird, this is from Josiah and there's a picture to go. I had a weird experience at the gym Saturday. I was hoping to, you know, get all of your commentary on it. I was exercising the gym when all of a sudden I heard a loud crash and glass shattering.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I didn't think too much of it since I had a pretty It's a pretty large gem and people drop heavyweights frequently. However, the other people around me started running toward the noise.
Speaker 2: I decided.
Speaker 4: I decided to check it, and to my surprise, an old red Ford truck crashed backward into the front lobby. Here comes the rest. The truck did not have a driver, and it was in reverse. What A staff member at the gym put the truck in park and called the police. The police arrived, and thankfully, no one was hurt. They eventually told the truck, but never found the owner. I still, well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure they have.
Speaker 4: Now I have a picture, which we're looking at right now. I've attached to the email. Loved the show. So it's an older Ford and it was two door in gear, said it was in reverse and plowed into the gym, breaking the front window of the lobby.
Speaker 8: Did somebody jump out of it? Or I mean you couldn't get out if it's still in reverse. Now neutral it could roll back the old truck while Yeah.
Speaker 9: My brother stick ship rolled one time and cracked to somebody else's car in the parking lot.
Speaker 7: But it wasn't in reverse. It was the engine running or was it just in reverse?
Speaker 4: Because the truck it says it was in reverse, crashed backward into the front lobby.
Speaker 2: It's in reverse. It's probably running.
Speaker 7: I mean, it doesn't look like a very hilly parking lot, and that looks like a serious smash.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you that they need to be looking for. It's a fat person, you think, right, scon tire of that gym, that's true. The second tire of that gym me no longer, right, you'll shame you'll never shame me again.
Speaker 2: And what they did.
Speaker 4: This is a pickup truck that probably somebody's gen daddy died left and left it to everybody. They don't drive it much. And somebody says, I'll tell you what I'm gonna use. Probably even had a friend bringing bring another vehicle, which they got in with him. I'm gonna run Granddaddy's old red forward right into this gym and tell them how I feel about how it's been in there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Somebody was angry with the gym. Well there wasn't There wasn't a dog in there, was it? Because you know Gary's dog.
Speaker 2: Gary's dog didn't know there's no there's no dog. Yeah, knocked it out of gear that time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so what do y'all think? I mean, what do you think is happening here? Well, I want there's got to be a follow up. Who's whose durn truck?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean don't wouldn't the tag be the end of They go to the tag trug u and once they see I need more info?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to. I'd like to know how we got here. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if if anybody has has if anybody has like found out since, then there's an update.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: It would be really cool if you guys could pass that along to us.
Speaker 8: Speaking of the gym, I went early Saturday morning to try to get something in before the day and it was raining so hard, and I didn't run and I kept thinking of your dad.
Speaker 2: Don't run, don't run, don't run.
Speaker 8: And I saw other men running, one even over the towel over his head, and they were just scampering in there.
Speaker 2: Not me though, but you know, it's always walking. It's interesting because of.
Speaker 16: Me.
Speaker 4: Sherry, one out was making runs in that rain too. On Saturdays, we were getting ready for the next day, you know, having lunch at the house with some of the kids for mama. And she said the same thing. She goes, I really do understand your dad, you know, she said, so much better after reading the book and everything.
Speaker 2: She goes, and this this thing.
Speaker 4: I watched men not run, which I think have all heard you guys talk about this, or maybe they were played for your dad. And I had a chance as a woman to watch the difference in men running versus the ones not running. And she said, it really is a it's not a good look for men running. It makes it makes them look a little yes, I said, it makes them look a little frantic and little.
Speaker 2: I don't know, she said. She said.
Speaker 4: I was able to look at men not running and men running, and she goes, and I get, I get the reason.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you a question in the parking lot. As I was walking in, there were a couple of puddles. Can you not run but kind of jump over the puddle? Do you have to drag your foot?
Speaker 7: Can you skip over?
Speaker 4: You're having that cause the little boys jumping puddles. A man would walking around it.
Speaker 9: I was actually after the fancy Mother's Day lunch going to get my van to go get them free. To get the kids, I actually ran on a sidewalk that was covered, and then once I got to the section of the parking lot that was not covered, I stopped running.
Speaker 7: And just walked in the rain to get my van, just because you know there, you can't be running in the rain.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Top of the hours. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 25: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world with Speedy Gregg Handler and Rick Birch.
Speaker 6: Just book up America's time pull the show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the Big Birch.
Speaker 4: Everybody, go ahead, you come out casting from the reel Speedy Grady Bred.
Speaker 29: Handler, Rick Burgerca's time.
Speaker 6: Let me go America.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a brand new hour? If you have missed any of the show, today, you missed a lot a lot of updates come to the Rick Burgess Show, so just.
Speaker 4: Go to the archive options and grab that. Later today we've got our winner and make Mama smile again. And we now have the winner of the person that will be Wednesday travel winner traveling along all eighteen holes with with the folks at the region's tradition the Drumming Company's pro am coming up this Wednesday, Greg Mceaelroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, and Tom Layman. And we have the highest bid. It was three thousand dollars to Children's of Alabama. And so we'll get with the winnery and so the bidding has stopped three thousand and also gets an opportunity to be on the Coco Cola Patio, a speedy special guest.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll have a good time's back. That's right. So it's there there we go. All right.
Speaker 4: So, a couple of things that we need to talk about starting this hour. A lot happening with the with the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: So we'll give it. We have we have it done.
Speaker 4: A Trump update today there's practically one available every day.
Speaker 2: Does try to help you in the breaks. Trump uh so a lot going.
Speaker 4: Uh, you want to just kind of do a rundown of everything that happened this weekend, So tell me if I have all this right, little p uh. You want me to run the list first, Adler, and then we can do all right. So here's the list, quite the list. He announced a trade deal with China, oh boy broker and in person meeting with Ukraine and Russia. Helped stop a potential war between India and Pakistan. I saw that, announced an end to big pharma US profiteering, got the final American hostage release by Hamas.
Speaker 2: That was all. This was the weekend Junior, the Heimlich maneuver. Greg got choken, but he wasn't, but he thought he was. Wow by the.
Speaker 4: Way, Yeah, the one of those that was the listed of everything that happened this weekend. Executive order. Uh, he says, we'll see if it turns into reality, will slash drug prices, but up to eighty percent.
Speaker 2: Would make you happy, Greg, That's what he said. So uh, very expensive, Adler.
Speaker 4: I know we don't want to hit every single video that goes with this, but we do have the US China deal for a ninety days tariff cut right on goods from both nations. So we we can play that one one a if you want to hit that. This is actually Treasury Secretary is it?
Speaker 2: Scott? Set the set?
Speaker 16: This is?
Speaker 2: This is set Bason. It's like croissant. Yeah, bashon. Greg says, but we've played this guy before.
Speaker 7: We see we've seen a couple of clips. He's always on.
Speaker 6: He's one on.
Speaker 2: All right, you made out of cream cheese. Yeah, So here he is saying that we have we've got something carved him out of it, Greg. So we've reached the deal with China for a ninety day tariff cut to kind of see how it goes. All right, So here we get we have.
Speaker 10: Reached an agreement on a ninety day pause God and extantially moved down the tariff levels. Both sides on the reciprocal tariffs will move their terriffs down one and fifteen percent.
Speaker 7: It's amazing, Greg, it's a good, big deal.
Speaker 10: We had very robust discussions. Uh, both sides showed a great respect. It was the chance for me to meet the Chinese delegation, the Vice Premiere. I had previously had only a video call with Ambassador Jamison.
Speaker 2: Was that made me the most boring guy? Well, I think he had to. He was very careful in choosing every word or somebody was talking in his ear ridiculous ours ours.
Speaker 4: We call him the bizarro Trump because he's completely the opposite of Trump, who just fires out with no.
Speaker 2: It's like he didn't want it to like he had a secret and he didn't want to really tell it.
Speaker 4: By the way, Also, I know I'm catching you off guard here, but if we could pull up the person who was the mayor uh in the Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox series Spins City, that's exactly who he is.
Speaker 8: He's the mayor and his back and forth. So he looks just like with max and Water last week was price.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was like that again? Was that what you know? He was calling Maxine Waters out about how this is a big announcement. Oh wow, looks exactly like.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: When I looked up, I said, there's that guy. I ever saw that city.
Speaker 7: He's the Spen City mayor. My goodness, you're right.
Speaker 2: Looks a lot about this. That was a funny show. Yeah, I don't even remember that, Michael J. Fox.
Speaker 4: You don't remember spend looking never spend it at allte Michael J.
Speaker 14: Fox.
Speaker 2: Just tell us nothing is I like Back to the Future. I went there the first one, I don't like the second to.
Speaker 7: The first one is almost a perfect movie.
Speaker 2: It really is. It's really good. Don't get much better.
Speaker 4: You ever seen the guy kind of like Peter Best that got kicked out of the Beatles? Have you ever seen the guy that was the original Marty mcfla. Yes, And they got tired of him on the set and fired him.
Speaker 2: Is that somebody we would know? Or yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 4: But you he said, it turned his life around. It was the best thing for his life, he said, But I really it really was a big miss on. He They just said, hey, we can't get you to do what we need you.
Speaker 2: To do, and you're out.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it was Eric Stoltz.
Speaker 2: Oh he ended up being uh uh, thank I'm the mask, the mask, so was he?
Speaker 8: Yes, Eric Stoltz, that's right, Okay, you just did somebody when you went like that, I picked up mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mask. Oh yeah, he's been in a bunch of not Jim Carrey. He was the original Martin mc fly at that and they had to reshoot. Uh, it's like me as a kid, Rocky Dennis. Yeah, he was Rocky Dennis. Well you we weren't going to be able to leave the office day till you said, uh, it's one of his favorite references is Rocky. Oh yeah, what's the perfect name for him.
Speaker 4: But if he sees anybody that looks a little odd, you're going about when he was trying to go out with the rich girl and he had his little best friend and she always liked him.
Speaker 2: You know how them nineteen eighty shows, look the one there's Rocky Dennis.
Speaker 4: Wow, they really had him look like I'm kind of wonderful when he in that. He's been in a bunch of stuff. I'm not with you on this one. I'm not tracking on some kind of like old eighties movies. You like him old eighties movies? Okay, sixteen Candles, that's a good one. Okay, now now now that's funny. How we got on that, it's funny. Yeah, this all started me saying that the sect the Treasury guy looked like the mayor from Spencer and we found out Eric Stoves showed his rump got kicked out of back in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can say that's the best thing that ever happened to him. But that had to have hurt yo. Yeah, thing blow up like it did. So how's that good for you? I know it ain't.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite things is to hear from people who either passed on a saw yeah, are they passed on a roll? Or they didn't get a role and you didn't you can't believe they could have been, Like, did y'all know that Tom Selleck was almost Indiana Jones?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? Well I love stuff like this.
Speaker 9: Will Smith passed on being Neo in the Matrix. He said, that's that's the biggest regret.
Speaker 7: Of his career.
Speaker 2: Didn't know about that one.
Speaker 9: Really probably not his life. It's a weird that comic did come before he slapped Chris Rock. Slapping Chris Rock might be now his newest biggest rep.
Speaker 4: You know who audition for Hans and Skywalker Kurt Russell, Well, okay, I can say that, and now you just make no I saw the read you know who was trying to be Luke Skywalker and cash in on his moment of fame.
Speaker 2: Was the greatest American hero guy? What was his name?
Speaker 4: I can't remember, but anyway, I don't I don't care to remember. But anyway, that's good right there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we want this one minute.
Speaker 4: John did y'all know that mister T had a rap, So we're playing it next way. That was so long ago, we're playing it next.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, y'all want this clip of Howard Lutnick real quick before the break Sure, okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: We've got to save it.
Speaker 2: From don't y'all think we have to play Greg standing up dancing?
Speaker 11: Greg?
Speaker 2: Enough, Greg b asking? Where are you in the breakfast club?
Speaker 7: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was my least favorite eighties. Be careful all the eighties. That's your least favorite of those that were considered popular some kind of wonderful? You were right, Greg, I knew it, Dragon, I'm going it.
Speaker 12: What Greg?
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. We talked to the public every day. I trust us and you should be grief. We can save the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us again today America. As if there couldn't be more going on.
Speaker 4: You can also go to Rickburgessshow dot com our Alabama Roadtrips dot com and registered to win a great hunting trip next deer season in.
Speaker 2: The beautiful North Alabama.
Speaker 14: Oh huh.
Speaker 4: We're teaming up with our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association right now, you go to Alabama roadtrips dot com, Alabama roadtrips dot com or rickburgesshow dot com under contest for the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge. Oh yes, so it's worth fifteen hundred dollars. You're gonna be you know, your lodging's gonna be handled, your meals are gonna be handled. It's a two day free range hunt at beautiful Willow Oak Lodge, located atop Spruce Pine Mountain in gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous North Alabama. You're gonna love it, so don't forget too that you will be responsible if you win. You gotta get your life. It's gotta get all that done. And you got to follow the Alabama game laws obviously, because you're gonna be hunting in Alabama. Okay, So if you want to find out more, and you must also use it within one calendar year and you can't transfer to somebody else.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, if you want somebody to come stay with you, like just to go with you, and then they can certainly book at the lodge and stay, but they'll have to pay for that themselves. So if you want to register for that. Go to Alabama roadtrips dot org, Alabama roadtrips dot org or Rick Burgess Show dot com. Under the contest button. There's one at the top and the bottom of the page. Okay, we found this little pearl and Greg, you found it?
Speaker 2: Right? Who found this? Lisa?
Speaker 4: Someone sent it to Lisa and she showed it with me and she said, I got to send that to your phone because that'll be good on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was correct, still doing this to a degree.
Speaker 4: But in the eighties, if you establish any sort of celebrity, that meant you were gonna be put on TV shows. They've been attempted a movie and of course got an album. I make a barbecue saw. Anything they could get out of you, they would get out of you. I had no idea, no idea that mister T did a Mother's Day song. I did not had no idea.
Speaker 2: And here here it is.
Speaker 4: And the first verse that that T goes on because he's gonna he's gonna take my mother or mom or whatever, and he's gonna walk through I think he does mother. They starts saying letter stands for each letter stands for something, and you're not gonna believe what but him stands for.
Speaker 2: You got to listen in this is a real song, to grab it. This was real.
Speaker 23: That's right.
Speaker 17: To treat her right. I don't always love her. To treat her right. It's for the moon, the miserable groans from the pain that you fell with I was born. Was for the hove and with his burn and eat where she stood making sure I had something to eat. TEUs for the time that she stayed up at night and told my temperature when I wasn't building right, And just for the hard earned money suspects to get close on my back.
Speaker 7: And trying to pay.
Speaker 2: Don't that is every regal time put on her face. And if it worried that I called when I stayed.
Speaker 17: Out late, the last man of parts, that you taught me respect and for the room of it happened that.
Speaker 2: I know shoes get mother, that it's no honor to y'all black mama. So treat her right, mother. I always love her, my mother, So treat her right.
Speaker 1: Treat her right.
Speaker 30: There, that's right, that's right, unbelievable, that's so great mother, mother, that is no other.
Speaker 2: I love him for the moan and the grown when I was bone night.
Speaker 7: Did your mother blake?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 14: Mother?
Speaker 2: There is no no other you know what?
Speaker 7: Love me when I don't.
Speaker 2: You don't know, mother, I can't. I can't even do with me. You don't like your mother. I can't even I just don't know what to say this. This, this was dropped on me and I didn't even expect there. For years, I had no idea. You should have seen him coming up to me prior to the show. I got by the way he set it up early on the show. Go back and catch on the archives. He set it up beautiful, beautiful, all right, So I guess you have You had mister T in the eighties. Today we have Pat McAfee.
Speaker 8: Okay, I got a I got a text. Pat Hackavee is now its just showing up everywhere. Huby texted me and I said.
Speaker 2: Can you do anything without hope? He said, so you just don't care. Pat McAfee's wrestling And I said, to what are you talking about? He said, he's wrestling. He's getting his butt. Well, but he's wrestling, guys. Is that what he said?
Speaker 6: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: He said it's it wasn't pretty, but he's going from being an announcer. Yeah, he stepped in. Now he's in the ring with his tights on and ready to go. So Pat McAfee, who's who's gunther? I don't know. They didn't treat him right, But doctor, go back to treat your mother right. But you can't let this go. I got this is you have grabbed this early to this with a troublehook. We can't get it off of you.
Speaker 7: There's an intro to this song, Oh Boy, that we didn't play yet.
Speaker 2: I didn't nobody. I didn't know about it.
Speaker 6: I didn't either.
Speaker 9: It wasn't then, guys, it's like an intro skit to this mister t treats your mother right song from nineteen eighty four, and the interest skit features a short boy and a taller white girl and they're gonna fight what and then mister's gonna step in.
Speaker 2: Is one of them the mother and the other the kids?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, there's just kid.
Speaker 2: We're abandoning here. We have to I guess, Yeah, we didn't know this was in here.
Speaker 7: And the boys gonna be kind of me into the girl to the mom. Maybe that's not the mom.
Speaker 6: It's well, you couldn't be more than five, you're so fat. Daft to jack.
Speaker 7: You have to take off your shoes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well you're so skinny, your eyes are in single file.
Speaker 6: Well you're so ugly your ears stick out to get away from your face.
Speaker 17: Well your mom is wait a minute, wait a minute, don't bring anyone.
Speaker 14: Mother to this.
Speaker 2: Y'all in here.
Speaker 17: It wasn't for your mother, you wouldn't be here. So you remember when you put down one mother, you're putting our mothers all over the world.
Speaker 2: He pulls the mic out of at the back of his pocket. Look, the mic is fatten short.
Speaker 7: It's a short.
Speaker 29: Oh my goodness, Oh that's what we didn't. Wait a minute, don't be nobody's mother, and it is. Look, let me pull my mic out back my crack. You're going after brother over the world, and you this mike.
Speaker 2: Don't touch my face.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: So we had two kids dogging each other on the playground and Tea walks in when your mama starts.
Speaker 2: And then singer show up and the ware we go by the.
Speaker 4: Way we've got We didn't have as much sensitivity. Then the kind of chunky girl took a fat joke right out.
Speaker 7: Of the I mean, my goodness, so fat.
Speaker 2: I love you so ugly, get away from your face, right, Yeah, the fat joke wasn't bad. No, it wasn't. Who cares about Pat mcavy Pat McAfee.
Speaker 7: I found him and he's I don't know if he's in wrestling ship.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 7: You gotta be real real, uh yeah, real good shape to be. I mean he's close here, you're not quite there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the rest.
Speaker 27: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I guess that's gun th I don't know anything about records.
Speaker 2: He just got on a pair of dress band he stood up from with a white melete. Right, we'll come back. We'll get some phone calls.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One eight eight eight six, big.
Speaker 2: Fuck Yep, that's the number, and we're going phone calls, unscreen phone calls. Ready for America to have their say doll us up and we'll roll through you one by one. If it's ringing, that means that we see you on the board and we'll get to you as quick as we can. Little programming note for those of you in the Bien Louisiana Lafayette, Louisiana Men's Breakfast Tomorrow morning, Andy Blank's coming. They're at First Baptist Church in Lafayette.
Speaker 4: They're about to kick off the men's discipleship strategy from Themanchurch dot com and you can see Andy Blanks tomorrow morning for the men's breakfast there in Lafayette. This Saturday, I've got the opportunity to speak at Prattville First Methodist Church.
Speaker 2: Find those details as well.
Speaker 4: I'll be speaking I think around eleven thirty Saturday morning as part of their men's gathering this weekend.
Speaker 2: And they're doing the strategy as well.
Speaker 4: Find the tales on tomorrow and Saturday at the manchurch dot com under events.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, it's the Rick Burgess Show. Your own go right ahead.
Speaker 24: Hey, y'all talk about that line story earlier. Yep, But did you hear about the kangaroo and wallabies in South Carolina?
Speaker 2: Kangaroos and wallabies in South Carolina? I missed that. Yeah, you're you're, you're whole.
Speaker 14: They don't they don't kill the guy in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kangaroo and a wallaby.
Speaker 4: Kangaroo's of disembalue way is just a little kangaroo, right, A little tiny show. One time man on farm found dead inside and closure containing wallabies and kangaroos.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna guess the car. I think that was crazy. That's Greg what Greg Adler? You are stuck on that? Sorry, there's a whole there's a whole album. Yes, mister T.
Speaker 4: Commandments, Yes, mister T commandments. By the way, a man's dead. In case you wanted on the kangaroo wallaby, I'm sorry, Okay, we continue. Hello, you're on the Rick Burger Show. Unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 14: Ahead, Hey, I will see what I thought about the movie The Wrestler was work. I recently watched it again over the weekend, and I found out that it's loosely based on the life of Jact the Steak Roberts.
Speaker 2: That is that true? Right again? Is there something? I don't know that, but.
Speaker 14: It may be.
Speaker 2: I know, I tell you this, it's one of the most depressing movies. So depressing, depressing. I've seen bits and pieces of it about Randy the ram or something again yeah, and he's like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how this has happened because I know it's not possible. I don't know if it's the phone system, but it's raising every color by an octave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to hear the next one.
Speaker 4: No, The Wrestler is one of the most depressing movies ever, but his career goes downhill and he's like wrestling it like the Armory again. Yeah, already stripper giving him a lap dance, right, Yeah, I wasn't going to mention that.
Speaker 2: I think had it. Okay, I paid when they went in, when what they were set up and this happens. Stop talking them where they're sitting up at their table and they're signing stuff. Yes, not a lot of people.
Speaker 7: Come on, you've been seen one of those?
Speaker 2: Not just one?
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, we continue lines are available eight eight eight six Big Vox.
Speaker 2: You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead. Hey, I want to hear what y'all gotta say about coach boards upcoming season for Alabama. Well, you know, I just had You've just asked me to predict something.
Speaker 4: I just don't have enough information. I've never seen the team. Ask him on Wednesday, I'll say, nice, Nice, we don't know what team they're gonna have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't predict teams because, like Greg said, by the time they kick it off, it'll be half of them gone.
Speaker 2: They go ahead to do something. They're running it.
Speaker 4: Uh we continue, Hello, Rick Burgis Show, you're on unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you have morn today. Since we're talking about classic eighty hits, let's don't forget that classic from Don Dunston's Heartbeatbatten for her.
Speaker 2: Like we said he was, he played it and acting, so we're gonna let him.
Speaker 4: And we've all admitted one time on the show prior to Patrick Swayzey, she's like the winds not bad what I wanted to be, but it's not and he liked it almost as much. Tell you something for the right Continue lines are available if you want to join us unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 2: You're on the Rick Birders Show. Go ahead.
Speaker 11: If y'all keep playing that, mister t Skid is gonna get me fired from my job.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 11: I am crying and hollering at the same time. You both, please don't please anymore?
Speaker 1: Is for the moan.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get?
Speaker 16: It was?
Speaker 6: It was eight?
Speaker 2: Which I h what was which one? Was that for the heat? For the heat when you're making me breakfast?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, the h was for the hard earned money. I know, respect. I'm looking at nine cuts on this on this album, wonder what do you think about treat right?
Speaker 4: Because she's like the win. We continue. You're on unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 28: Hey, y'all, this is Roman from Georgia. I just wanted to Hey. My husband has listened for twenty something years and I started listening with him regularly when I retired. And y'all are well. I'm telling you. We talk about y'all like y'all are our real life friends.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I hope it does feel that way. Absolutely when people say you feel like you know us, that's the way it should be. That's why radio is the best medium going.
Speaker 2: We try hard to What do you think of mister t Did you like it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: What it brought me back?
Speaker 28: I'll tell you that it't Those shorts were something.
Speaker 6: Microphones.
Speaker 28: I may have something for y'all that might rival mister Tay. My son showed me this video yesterday of the I guess it's the beginning of war with Pakistan and India. Have y'all got Have y'all seen them.
Speaker 2: Earlier dance? It was so crazy they didn't have a dance off they.
Speaker 28: Did And the higher you can kick the better. It was evidently like they were tougher the higher they kicked. It was so funny. We watched it and watched it and watched it day.
Speaker 2: With this before they started shooting at each other. This is what they did.
Speaker 9: I think at the India Pakistan border. They've had these elaborate dances and demonstrations for a long time because tensions are kind of always there, okay, and so they do these demonstrations and and but it's y'all, it's it's very funny, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Yeah, yeah, we can just describe is this a skit or a play?
Speaker 7: That this is actually at the border.
Speaker 9: But I do think this is a little bit like professional wrestling, and that all these guys are using the same.
Speaker 7: Bathrooms, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like this is this is actually the border, the India Pakistan border, Like this line in the middle of this colisseum, and it's just funny.
Speaker 7: They're doing these rooster steps and demonstrations.
Speaker 2: And which ones which which uniform?
Speaker 9: I think the close side is Pakistan, okay, and then they got the far side is Indian.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is a show.
Speaker 7: It's a show. It's a show, but it's oh I thought.
Speaker 2: It's a dance off and then start shooting each other. You got, you got, and you buy and everything. By the way, it's pretty funny for.
Speaker 4: Every pain that I call. We continue, Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I didn't really have a whole lot to say. I just wanted to tell Adler, Hey, a little person.
Speaker 2: There is no other We continue, Hey, little mama, Welcome to the Rick Birders Show. Unscreenphone calls go.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, also from South Florida.
Speaker 14: Just appreciate the content.
Speaker 24: I want to thank you, guys for all your efforts in the morning.
Speaker 7: A phone call guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate, appreciate you. A little encouragement thrown in there, just for the mom. We continue.
Speaker 4: Welcome and I was welcome to the Rick Birders Show. Unscreen phone calls, go hey.
Speaker 14: Rick Calton asked your question. Whenever you're driving to these man conferences and stuff like that.
Speaker 27: You got your you know you got the radio music the way you like it. I've always picked wondered, like when you get like when someone pulls out or does something stupid, you start getting hot. Have you ever just shot a you know you birds out? You know you know just I know Greg probably shoot some five times a day, back and forth. But I just wondered, like, how many have you thrown out?
Speaker 14: You know, be like, God be with you, And here's one of those.
Speaker 4: No, no, normally, and I will pray. I will pray for God to deal with them, you know, so you won't have to do that. I just keep screaming out because I'm in the spirit of vengeance. Is mine, saith the Lord, you know. And and then I try not to deny, deny grace, you know, to people that he didn't deny to me, things like that.
Speaker 7: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 8: I saw the most defiant left that driver, left left lane driver I've seen in a long time. There was an ambulance coming and people were good, and this guy would not get over, probably looking at his phone, didn't even know one was behind him.
Speaker 2: And finally he gets over. This is okay, we're.
Speaker 14: Dancing.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry speaking, but the guy wouldn't get out of the way of the ambulance.
Speaker 7: Sorry about that, So I need an ambulance.
Speaker 8: I was really kind of dying, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the rearview miror please that.
Speaker 2: Person wanting to get over life behind you better hope ad or can't combine mother with this kick.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Men Don't Run in the Rain, the new book by Rick burchas available everywhere May thirteen.
Speaker 4: So tomorrow is the day if you've been waiting on to get your copy for Men Don't Run in the Rain. It will be available tomorrow just about everywhere that you get books, and you can go grab you a copy.
Speaker 2: We'll have links on all of our websites.
Speaker 4: It'll be at Rick Burgess Show dot com, It'll be at the Manchurch dot com, Burgessministries dot com. And if you use that link it it'll get an option of just buying the books straight up. Or if you want to get a signed copy for a Father's Day gift or just for yourself, that option will be available as well. That'll be more of a limited time thing, and it should be available. Some of you are saying I see links that say sold out or not available. That's because it's not May thirteenth yet. So as soon as that happens, those will all go live. I know that you can pre order, you know, on Kindle right now. Some of the audio platforms audible. Not one of them yet, but some of the others already have it, so you'll sell that kind of come together.
Speaker 2: But tomorrow is.
Speaker 4: The big day, so we'll be telling you more about that on tomorrow's program. We did announce the winner and make Mam a smile again. That's already been done today. And we also have the person who donated the most money to be walking with a special group. Coming up this Wednesday, we'll be broadcasting Live Lord Willing from Beautiful Graystone. And trust me, uh, this show on location very very unpredictable. Even in the studio, it's quite unpredictable on location. Who knows what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: And are you okay?
Speaker 7: Mother?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: By the way, this has kind of inspired me a little bit. I'm thinking about writing a song called Brother Brother Brother.
Speaker 2: There is no other about grad.
Speaker 1: B is for baby, brother.
Speaker 2: Is for rude. He can be sometimes then you need the background singers with something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did treat your baby brother right, treat him. But no, I was asking you because I know you dreamed of being Steve Irwin. Yeah, except the part of being killed by sting Ray. Take that part out, leave that off. But you you love the Irwins. Have you seen that Bendy Bendy had to undergo emergency surgery?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 2: Did you see this story?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: No, no no?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: Bendy was forced to miss the annual Steve Irwin Gala due to a medical surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: On Saturday, her brother Robert Irwin revealed that Bendy underwent immediate surgery due to a ruptured appendix.
Speaker 2: Ben with us, what was that attempt him announcing it? That's not that's an Australian accent. That's your shot at that. That's what they said. So Ada, just know that.
Speaker 7: Know that she hasn't posted anything about it on our social media.
Speaker 2: She's too much pay.
Speaker 7: But look y'all, she's she's doing the whole thing, the whole Irwin thing.
Speaker 11: As she is.
Speaker 2: That's Bendy when her appendice was still working.
Speaker 7: Ben and her brother both just feeding gators.
Speaker 4: But it looks like she's gonna be okay feeding crocs. That's a big It did rupture. It did rupture though, which is not good. But it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The US shut southern border to live stock imports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotta have can't have these flies in here. We got deadly flies coming in them.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so we're not going to have any more live stock coming through the southern border. Too many they're bringing deadly flies. We're gonna shutting that down. Bill Maher continuing to try to help the Democrats. We hope he's not successful. Bill Maher no lover of conservatism and certainly not a big fan of the One and only Living God. Bill Maher says if Democrats do not change something, they are doomed.
Speaker 2: They're not going to make it.
Speaker 4: If they will not stand up to radical anti Israel propaganda from the young folk on the college campuses. He said, this is terrible pr for the Democrats, and it's pretty bit it's bad. Yeah, and it really breaks your heart because you know we we we use the term here young and dumb uh. And you know, just because you got a lot of vinegar and you got a lot of something else, and you got a lot of passion and you do a lot of crying and.
Speaker 2: Jumping up and down and signs you do need to have some idea what you're talking about. Yeah, you're going to commit.
Speaker 4: You say that still does require that you know, you can be like I said, crazy passionately wrong. Yeah, and you've really got to get a handle and get get some balance on the stopping.
Speaker 9: My goodness, I'm looking at this livestock ban on the Southern border to deadly fo Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Secretary of Brook Collins suspends livetalk livestock imports through the Southern border.
Speaker 6: All cattle.
Speaker 9: Is through the Southern border because of the escalating threat of the New World screw worm. Oh boy, it's a flesh eating parasite fly. Recent cases they've had in southern Mexico prompted fears of US reintroduction. The last New World screw worm outbreak in the seventies infested over one point four million cattle and took thirty years to eradicate.
Speaker 2: But they screw it up. They did say.
Speaker 4: Nobody panic faut you said, just put a surgical mask on the cows.
Speaker 2: They'll be fine, will be Yeah, this give him six six feet apart.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I wonder how a got his name. I'm trying to figure out how he got his name. You probably don't want to know that. It probably bores itself in. Yeah, yeah, like a drill bit speedy.
Speaker 4: I know you you were worried about this the way Adams was worried about Bendy Shallow Sanders, the other Sanders is he mine?
Speaker 2: He belongs to you. Graves got your door, You've got Shot, I've got Bendy, and I've got and I've got Gary to get him to a live broadcast on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Mother, Yes, right, Shallow Sanders is impressing the Buccaneers. They did a rookie mini camp. Now, this is one of those things that he went undrafted, right, he did. He's an unrestricted free agent. Probably what you're working out with him, probably what you do should pick. But anyway, Shallow is is impressing the Buccaneers. Now this is just a rookie mini camp, saying he seems to be very very intelligent. Do they expect him not to be smart?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I said that, I mean, but it says he's very intelli Leigen uh he And he is impressing the new coaches at the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: And you see who he's crediting.
Speaker 4: His mother, Well, he said she's like no other that now does every does all Sanders kids have the same mother.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's just a you don't you I'm not sure how many I don't you don't you don't see mom a. I'm not sure how many kids he has. Yeah, so I think I know there's a brother that didn't play ball because he was like the social media. And then there's the daughters. I've seen them, that's true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got Dan Sanders has five kids.
Speaker 4: Three boys, three boys, two daughters. As far as now, I know he had a woman that was like his first.
Speaker 7: Wife and then second wife, So I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I know this is going to sound I know this is gonna say. And then there's a current woman that's not his wife, correct, that usually is with him.
Speaker 8: I know this is going to sound crazy me complimenting someone like Jason Dart, But I mean I am with the old miss Ole miss from Ole miss He the the Giants they put they put out this piece where he did a pre draft. I mean I'm talking about I mean they came in there and they they told him the offense and and checked out he would check out of things, gave him scenarios on the defense and walking up and it is really cool on Instagram. He put it out and the Giants did as well.
Speaker 2: That is it is. Really it was an intense grilling and he did extremely.
Speaker 6: Well we did.
Speaker 2: Jason Dart, Jackson Jackson Dart.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry Jackson Dart for the ole Miss, and I think that's one of the reasons why they went after him, because he was so impressive in the pre draft meeting that he had with them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, didn't he meet like with them a bunch of times before the draft even happened.
Speaker 7: They met with him, He met with him.
Speaker 2: A bunch of times. This was This was a pretty pretty cool to see. It has almost three million views on Instagram. Did you just compliment an old miss quarterback? Yeah, I mean, I think he's gonna be pretty good. What just happened much of because you were raised right by your mother.
Speaker 1: There's no other This is the Rick Burgess Show.