Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 3: Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Tag Burgers, let's dot Tixity paint touchdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's so wonderful Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, Live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 2: In the s W Beat Sea Studios.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah's stand back Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeoman, so glad you're with us. We have some.
Speaker 2: Show news for you.
Speaker 3: We do right off at the jump of the episode.
Speaker 2: We don't need your vote.
Speaker 5: I was actually going to open it up for a vote yesterday, but we just ran out of time, so we took a vote on.
Speaker 6: The kyleaving the show. Really sorry to hear that, bro.
Speaker 2: Government right now.
Speaker 7: Oh the Lebron decision, second decision, He's headed to mix shots.
Speaker 3: Wow, Mickey would hate that, I think anybody.
Speaker 5: Mickey's like, bye, yeah, thanks man, it's been so good like an MJ and is pron Yeah, like I'm sure is that's what That's what the sound would be.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not leaving the show.
Speaker 5: What we are doing, though, is we are flipping our previews.
Speaker 2: So normally we pret up.
Speaker 5: The Dallas defense, the Dallas defense vers is their upcoming or upcoming opponent on offense on Wednesdays. We're not doing that anymore. We're gonna flip. We're gonna flip it care you. We want Patrick's lab code to get a little bit more shine on Thursdays, and it also coincides with his science lab that's released every week on Thursday on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Yeah, so we're just gonna push the defensive preview to Thursday, and now the offensive previews.
Speaker 2: We got QB Vision Wednesday, cool, Thursday.
Speaker 6: Ready on Friday?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: So he's on Friday.
Speaker 3: Today, we have some QB vision coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's all the show news is.
Speaker 5: We're so from now on, we will preview the Dallas offense on Wednesday and we were preview the Dallas defense on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Sorry you used to that hoping take that what you did?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: The hell what the court say?
Speaker 6: But you did.
Speaker 2: People are the courts, but the people stop it. I do we do it for you?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: We're going into those and noes. Patrick, not a ton of news and notes.
Speaker 2: No, we do have one though. We do have one little bit of a reunion. Cowboys reunited. I can't talk to me. They reunited with Julius Wood. Okay, so, former undrafted safety from last year twenty twenty four. He's a hitter. He is a hitter and he made he made some waves in training camp last year. He was a roster casualty and final cutdowns, they waved him. He went over to the Titans, who claimed him successfully from waivers. But he's back. He's back on the Cowboys practice squad. Cowboys obviously need some safe safety depth and insurance with Malie Hooker on ir SO, welcome back into the fold. Julius Wood, hard hitting safety out of East Carolina, former former collegiate teammate of one sivone revel Just for a little bit, you just it was like one year that they overlap one year works. He's had some good showings here in training camp of preseason so or the last last year or so preseason for sure, Yeah, for sure. Yeah, he's we played well for Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's the one big news. And note Cowboys were off yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back at practice today. So we're waiting to see the injury update on several guys, Taylor Booker, Tyler Geydon, Uh, Tyler Smith obviously, Cede Lamb, Cavante's harping, so forth and so on. So we don't have Tyler Biadas you'd really been confusing.
Speaker 6: For more than one reason.
Speaker 3: So many Tyler's.
Speaker 2: Right there, Yeah, you guys. So, yeah, we'll see today first injury report comes out. This is going to be the first real look at who has a good chance of playing and taking the field against the Carolina Panthers and who's trending in the wrong direction as far as not taking the flight to Charlotte. So yeah, keep an eye on that. That'll drop around three ish this afternoon Central time. Keep an eye on the twitters.
Speaker 5: Do you do you feel like the signing of Julius Wood maybe coincides with the Donovan Wilson thought process. Do they maybe is that something we can read the tea leaves, I would say yeah, yeah, because you're already missing Booker. He's on IR yep, he's got three games left to be on IR minimum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and we still don't know. We'd have no further insight on the Donovan Wilson situation, which is what we will hopefully get today. If Donald was a d n P this afternoon or today's practice, your answer is yes. But even before then, I'm going to say there's a lean toward that. I mean, you got some you got banged up safety. So as far as who you would throw out there, initially, obviously it's going to be Marquise Bell, but you need depth behind one yea and Marquise Bell. You have Elijah Clark who was signed to the active roster last weekend. So that's good stuff, but you need more than that if you're going to be down to starting safe. So Julius would hard hitting guy, and we talked about Donald. What does Donald do well? Downhill hard hitter? Julius wood hard hill, down hit her.
Speaker 3: Hard hill, down hit her? How did you hard hit her?
Speaker 6: Downhill, downhill, hard hitter?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know what's really crazy, impressed myself saying, and it sounded good work. That's right, I did it.
Speaker 3: It's like I said that on purpose.
Speaker 7: I will tell though, we really need that injury report stats.
Speaker 3: Because you were you were typing up that.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 3: It's because last night you were typing up fl like Morio.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was fun to watch.
Speaker 6: Picked up a little bit last night.
Speaker 3: I think Patrick might be under investigation very soon.
Speaker 2: That escalated quickly. Yeah, you know, I think you I think you killed a guy with a trident. You should probably lay low for a few maybe just chill out. But no, you know, you know, yeah, clowns are going to clown so anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyway, So Julius would the person that Taylor Swift wrote a song about recently, that is who's on the ros.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Julius would exactly would.
Speaker 3: All right, it is an offensive, shameless t Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: That was That was appreciate. That was smooth.
Speaker 5: It's not It's not super smooth. If you think if you actually listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Of that, just type it up and look at it's wild.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just arena for yep.
Speaker 6: That's Kyle about.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it was. Thank you all right.
Speaker 5: Switching offensive preview to Wednesday, I want to talk about this offense because right now, statistically in the NFL, Isaiah standback, the Dallas Cowboys have the number one total offense.
Speaker 2: You don't want to say another part of that.
Speaker 5: They have the number one most allowed yards on defense, but they have the number one total offense. We'll talk about that defense tomorrow. We'll talk about what's happening against the Panthers this week. But when you look at the success that has happened on offense and the number of guys that have stepped up on that side of the football, where do you feel like it starts?
Speaker 2: Starts with the offensive line. Really, yep. Offensive line allows for your quarterback to pass. Offensive line allows for your ground game. We get going. It's officsive line. I mean, we could talk about all the skill position players, all the guys who make contributions there, but ultimately, the big fellows who never get subbed out are the ones that are taking care of business and allowing for your entire offense to be collaborative. Allowed for your officeive coordinator to feel comfortable and confident to call plays they control the line of scrimmage, so whether they're pass blocking, whether they're moving mountains up front, they're doing a heck of a job. Dak has the confidence to sit back in the pocket. He's obviously had to work in the pocket to create some passing lanes at times, but that's every quarterback. So I think he's done a heck of a job. The offensive line has allowed for him to do that. Obviously, Jontay Williams is having one heck of a year. It's not like he's getting hit in the backfield and having to create he's getting to the line of screams through the line of scrimmage to the second level. Then he's getting hit, then he's running through its.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of times yards after contact, because that's a big statu in the NFL. Even with yards after contact, you have to be favorable position in order to appreciate contact.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that then continue through that initial contact is not happening behind the line of scrimmage. So if it's not happening behind the line of scrimmage and it's happening at the second level of the defense, and now you're three to four yards across the line of scrimmage. By the time you get hit, that's where the contact is happening. That's where it's expected to happen based upon your blocking scheme. And that's all happening because of the old line.
Speaker 7: So shout out to them, good thing that they're all healthy too. Yeah, big facetious, because yeah they're not. But I think a large part and doe to that. And it's a team sport. You're talking about. All these phases of the offense clicking together.
Speaker 6: Is one.
Speaker 7: You don't have the number one offense in the NFL without Dak Prescott, right, thanks, we're talking about him yesterday. He's on a different level than he's ever been in his entire career. It's unfortunate that you have the defense not playing up to that same standard there. Like Kyle just said, they're number one in yards allowed. If you don't have Dak Prescott, this is not the number one offense in the NFL. And I don't think people realize that enough or give him enough credit because you just see it across the board. I mean for people that don't know ball, people that don't follow the Cowboys, people are just making means of Dak Prescott. I mean they're talking about Arch Manning, you know, with the Dak Prescott's face in a ut uniform.
Speaker 2: It's same people who were saying Tank for.
Speaker 6: Arch exactly exactly. So really, credit where credit is due.
Speaker 7: Dak Prescott is playing the best football of his career and the offense is clicking on all of sudden cylinders because of what Dak Prescott is doing in conjunction with what shot he's helping him. Do we and it goes back to the original question that you asked. Someone posted it yesterday and I forgot to send it to you. I'm sure you saw it. Someone posted your question to Shoddy from the first press conference.
Speaker 2: Yes that was Boss Cowboys Boarts Boss boards.
Speaker 6: Shouts to him.
Speaker 7: And it's indicative of what we're seeing now with how the offense is running and what Shody was how he answered your question about how you can modernize the Cowboys offense for Dak Prescott and for the guys that we have here. CD Lamb included it is coming to fruition. Finally, you're seeing it now. I mean it started from you know, Week one, they drove down the field three times in our own score that to me is all you need to know, and that's.
Speaker 2: What you're saying.
Speaker 5: Can you take us through that, just because it was so long ago, can you remind us what the question was?
Speaker 6: It feels like years ago?
Speaker 3: It does?
Speaker 2: It feels like forever ago?
Speaker 3: And then what his response was That led to.
Speaker 2: Where we would I do one better? Oh, let's see if let's see if this might pick up. Oh we're going to play it fresh looking for hold on, Oh you got to you gotta mute us on the YouTube side. On the offense, generally speaking, how do you look to move forward as far as modernizing the offense? Talk about solving for the quarterback? What does that look like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, again, I go back to my days with Pete.
Speaker 9: I think if you go back and you look at some of the things we did in Seattle, obviously the starting point for me would be things that our players do well.
Speaker 2: You're always going to start with that.
Speaker 9: If your system's not flexible enough to do what your players do well, then your probably in the wrong business. But I'm a big believer in cut splits. I'm a big believer in shifts and motions to distort things. We're gonna do a great job of marrying our runs and our passes and make those look the same. I'm proud to say that two different times in my career as a coordinator, we led the league in rushing and they go hand in hand. A running game in the action passing game go hand in hand. But I would say there's a there's a tempo element that we're excited to mix in that our players have.
Speaker 3: All shown.
Speaker 9: An affinity for. And let me expand on that.
Speaker 2: A little bit. We we'll just yeah, We'll just stop you right there and just say that every single thing he said in that in that particular portion, he has brought to fruition.
Speaker 7: And if you're looking at how the offense has looked for the past three seasons or four seasons under Mike McCarthy and listening to what he said here, I mean, he's proving his point.
Speaker 6: And we talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 7: We're talking about competing every day being the mantra of the season, and you're seeing guys step up that are depth players, step in into the starting roles due to injury or due to whatever it is and succeed because they're.
Speaker 6: Competing every single day.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's granted, you know, it's where what's the record now we're five hundred right? Uh technically and technically technically you know technicality, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That tie, that tie, but it's still a tie.
Speaker 6: With all those expectations in mind, have more.
Speaker 5: Wins than you have losses, Isaiah, tie throws that whole announcement out the window.
Speaker 2: It definitely does. It throws it out the window. We hate ties.
Speaker 6: The tie.
Speaker 2: Tie can eliminate you from playoffs, can it? Okay, just like lost can also get But you got two potential negatives. That's what we against. You hate ties. But I mean going back to a couple of points that you guys make because those points mary so well. The play of the offensive line, both the starters and the backups when the backups were tasked to come in and due to injury with the play of Dak Prescott. I don't think enough people understand how important it is for one hand to watch the other. What I mean by that is the offensive line has to protect his quarterback. That much. Everybody knows. That's just easy math for even the casual football mind. Okay, but for the high iq football mind, you also understand that the quarterback has to protect his offensive line, and by doing that or in doing that with pocket presence and you know, bailing when you need to bail, taking checkdowns. We need to take checkdowns because or just speeding up your clock because you recognize that this pressure is about to get here sooner than than you would normally have intended. Dak Prescott is doing all of those things, all of those things. Go back and look at some of these games where you know, as we're rightfully giving credit to some to these backups as they're playing, there were a few times where the pressure got here or he got there, and that he steps up and he moves, and he moves and he buys himself time and he either buys enough time to get the check down or get the ball out deep left or right, or he bails and he gets you that first down and moves the chain with his legs. So as much as the offensive line deserves credit, both the starters and the backups for doing what Connor Riley and Clayton Adams and Brian Schottenheimer has coached him up to do, which I can't stress enough this coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, Derek Foster, they are oh my god, genius level highers at this point in Shottenheimer's career. It goes back to what both Isaiah and Josh are saying. This trench warfare that the Cowboys are winning on the offensive side of the ball, allows for the skilled players to take off, allows for you to have those chunk plays in a number one offense. So credit to everybody because it takes it. It's gonna sound cliche, but it takes a team. I want to throw something out there, or really kind of just give people some insight. Throw it out. Oftentimes people think of backups as lesser than of course, there's not a lot of spots in this NFL, this NFL professional league that we're in. With that being said, backups are usually backups for a number of reasons. Usually it's related to the talent level at that point in time, At this point in time, you're better than that guy, okay. Other times it's we have more invested in that individual than we have invested in you. The other thing that people need to take in consideration is everybody that is on the NFL roster is capable. Okay, so though I might be down on the depth, I am very much so capable now what is the disparity between myself and that starter? And why is there a disparity? Are they better because God just blessed them with more abilities? Are they better because they've had more reps against people of their caliber at that point in time and I just haven't. So when you start talking about backups and everybody's so amazed that the backups are doing so well, how about the fact that they might just not have had the opportunities to go against that level of competition to prove that they can play at the same level as starters. And I really want that, I really want people to take that that perspective because I hate referring to guys as okay, just backups, Like now, these are NFL players that are being granted with an opportunity. And how many times have we seen superstars now Hall of famers because they were buried on the depth chart and somebody may have gotten injured and they represented an opportunity and wohila magic right now? Were they lacking ability or were they lacking opportunity? So as we talk about this, we have to be very careful about how we title right and how we kind of what's the word I'm looking for label how do we how do we label these players that are stepping into the fold because some of these guys just needed an opportunity. We can't label them as back as we have to label them as guys that are down on the depth chart that majors have got their big freaking opportunity, and all of a sudden, they might see themselves as a starter to either hear if not here as a contract inspires agains, they could be starting somewhere else. So you're saying you can't just broad stroke the label like that. No, Yeah, okay, well Don Need doesn't understand that, because apparently Don thinks all Hispanics come from one country. Continue the big thing here, Don, you're talking about the way You're.
Speaker 5: Talking about the way that players are utilized and how they are utilizing their specific roles. That's exactly what Shoty was talking about in that opening press conference. I'm going to keep this conversation going in the third segment, I'm want to come back circle back to it because I've got an opportunity here uh to look at some of the motion tendencies, and he talked about that a lot too, Didn' I'm want to talk about that in the third segment, But before then, it's time for a little QB vision which to have that right on the other side of the break, more talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 3: That was creepy.
Speaker 10: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 10: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where were you?
Speaker 6: Where are you noted?
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 8: How's it going you see that Cowboys game. Oh, I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis, Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 2: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 8: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 2: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys Corpywright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 6: I'm home.
Speaker 2: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading. Nice.
Speaker 1: Hey can you Hey?
Speaker 8: Hon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 2: Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow. Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 2: We think so.
Speaker 4: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixt minutes and more caused by a single incident Pact ten of more towers. STRIS exclusions apply att dot Com Slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on, Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you.
Speaker 5: By invisile line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. That was the sound of Isaiah Standback's pearly whites blan black freshly aligned within visile line.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, no that s mile. That's a Dodgeball. What was the girl's name from Dodgeball?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: What a classic canon?
Speaker 3: You know what else is classic?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: A little bit of some.
Speaker 6: White eddie?
Speaker 3: Why lady cut on?
Speaker 1: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's Standsback.
Speaker 2: They guy, here we go.
Speaker 8: We think.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Man, listen, I don't I don't. I don't I respect everybody in this NFL. Oftentimes those in the chatting on the on the web, they tend to get after me because Isaiah shows every team too much respect everybody the threat. Yeah, they are the professionals, so definitely are so you might want to respect them. Even though you might be better than some teams, you have to still prove it week in and week out.
Speaker 3: I can tell you the other side.
Speaker 5: The other guys across the hallway that are preparing for next week aren't aren't saying anything less.
Speaker 3: If anything, it's probably more.
Speaker 2: It's football. It's a physical games happen so Chicago, Yeah, yeah, yeah. So let's talk about these Panthers. Okay, the Panthers. Where they two and three doesn't really matter. These guys can play competitive if you allow them to. Their scheme that they run defensively is a three four typically is what they run, right. They run three down linemen, big nose tackle too. Defensively, I have two overhangs with linebackers and two linebackers at the second level, so oftentimes it will look like a five man front. How does that potentially help you and how can that be a disadvantage for you? Well, help wise, you can run the ball versus three five for the first of three four if you can hold the point of the tip of the spear, which is the nose guard, right, that's where things start for them. Their nose guard is number ninety four A. Shawn Robinson played it for the Jet play for the Giants previously. He's not I'm not amazed by him. He's a he's a big fella. I almost made a comparison that would not have been good for us. But he's a he's a big fella that I'm not threatened by. He's literally like an anchor, Like you're in the middle of the ocean, you throw an anchor in there. He just wants to hold that spot right and not get moved off the point. I believe that their most dominant defensive lineman is Derek Brown. Tell them ninety five ninety five, he's a he's a gay, right. I believe that they have three game wreckers at the first and second level, number ninety five and Derek Brown number eleven, and Nick Scorton he plays outside linebacker aka stand up defensive end, and then also number ninety one Patrick Jones, who is also an outside linebacker aka stand up defensive end. Right, So when you think about the three four outside linebackers, think about old school New England dali As Thomas. You know, they're just the big dudes that just stand up and making their big guys. They're not full on pass rushers, but they're not great cover guys either of the kind of tweeters you don't want their hand in the ground. So that's pretty much what they are. But you can run the ball vers of three four. I think you can get their big fellow of ninety four Ashan Robinson, you can get him moved off the point. That's gonna be a lot of responsibility on mister brock Off. So yeah, typically you have the nose guard covering up your center. You'll have the Usually there are three techniques. Sometimes they'll get out to five techniques, which means that they're on the outside shade of your guards. If you can kick those quote unquote defensive ends out, which are really your you know, two of your d linemen. It's weird to start talking about names of titles of their position. Their d ns are d tackles. Really, we just end titles. If you can kick them out with your guards and you can hold the point, all of a sudden, now your guards can get up to the second level on their linebackers. And if you could do that, then I foresee Javonte Williams having one heck of a day. He's already had one heck of a year. I think that he'll have one heck of a day if they choose to remain in this three four defense. But you better find ninety five. He will, he will, he will mess up your day. That's on the front. Okay, eleven and ninety one. These are athletic outside linebackers slash d ns that they play and coverage a lot of times because in their three four they often play cover four, Cover two, they'll drop them out and cover three sometimes, so a lot of times these guys are kind of fish out of water in space. Imagine Micah Parsons trying to play coverage. It's not what you want, right, You much rather him get after the quarterback. You played them at linebacker. There's a reason why he changed back to a d N. He just didn't do well at that level. That's how I see these guys.
Speaker 5: Just for Floyd in the chat, can you explain what a Cover two versus a Cover three looks like?
Speaker 3: Just because he doesn't?
Speaker 2: Got you? Yeah? So cover two two, high safeties two corner.
Speaker 6: Football, there's a cylindrical ball.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding you keep you going, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So these guys can they get out in that space and coverage when that's their responsibility and they don't do well. What eleven and ninety one do well is they they are high effort guys and they're very athletic. These are guys that not necessarily the most skilled with their hands or even necessarily a bunch of moves in their bag. But they don't stop. They just they just stay after the quarterback. Think Max, Think Max Crosby. Right, Max Crosby is skilled in all those things, but he just continues to get after you or another gentleman. Van Ginkel, that's the person that I think about. That's just a high effort guy, just a bull right in a freaking coffee shopping You've always liked I love his game.
Speaker 5: You've liked it from when he was in Minnesota. That was the first time you really were honing in on it. And he's still a beast, and he's still sidelined.
Speaker 2: He's still a beast. I love players who just are relentless. Right that there's you can't scheme against. You can't scheme against that, right because your initial plan, okay, stops them, but then what then then there then their will to win takes over. That's what eleven and ninety one are. Outside of that, they have obviously a great corner that I think is being just wasted away in JC Horn and that's number eight. On the outside, they don't there's not a lot to talk about in terms of their corners because they're not playing a lot of man. They're playing so much zone. They're playing quarters, they're playing two, they're playing three. Occasionally, every so often they'll sprinkle in a little bit of man. They don't blitz a lot. Everything that they do coverage wise is so easily identifiable. Like Dak should have a day as long as they get it blocked up upfront, which I don't foresee that being a problem. But Dak should have a day. He's gonna have a lot of he should have a great pocket because a lot of their rushes come from their outside linebackers pressing from the outside, which are they're usually a nine techniques or eleven techniques, however you want to look at it, so they're pushing up the field. The pocket is usually nice. He could step up, he could delivered the ball. There's no physicality at the line of scrimmage by their corners. They're linebackers that are out in coverage, are not jamming your inside receivers, so there's no contact there to stop Ferguson from getting to the middle. If you guys have any questions in regards to that, go look at Darren Waller what he did last week. He was running routes like he was routes on air, so I'm not there's nothing defensively that there was like, oh my gosh, you better be aware of this, and I don't like that going into a game. But I'm just telling you what I see on the film. Handful of guys ninety five get him figured out up front. He could he could push your your office a lineman back into the lap of Dak Prescott and then eleven to ninety one. Ohs, you're a high effort guys, and if you decide to throw the ball jac Horn's way, he's not being forced to do a lot of quote unquote coverage, but he don't. Don't play with him, right, so some respect on his name. I tell you what gives me confidence, And again this is please don't take it as as me saying that the Cowboys are definitely going to win this game. They should, but we'll get to that when we do predictions on fat. Having seen what Brockoffin and TJ. Bass could do against Quinn Williams gives me a lot of confidence that they can handle that interior against whomever, right, because if you can stop Quinn Williams, everybody else more or less is kind of downhill from there as far as talent goes, with the exception of like a Cavon Thibodeaux or a Dexter Lawrence, I should say, so, yeah, there's that. So I feel like the comp I feel like they'll get him blocked up real well. I agree with Isaiah on that. And then from there you're asking a lot of a very capable j. C. Horn. But in that secondary that's it's him and who and who. Yeah, so Mike.
Speaker 6: Jackson is bad. Yeah, they he needs to look at the man in the mirror.
Speaker 2: He's no thriller. He's no thriller. I'll tell you that. He is, like actually, yeah, Billy genis not listen. Just but seriously, I mean, I expect that they'll probably travel j C. Horn with George Pickens, because if they don't, they don't make it makes it that much worse. Thing, is that much worse?
Speaker 7: Derrick Brown for all in tons of pursses, that's their monstar. Like I was saying before, I mean, he's he's like Kenny Clark with an extra gear for past rush.
Speaker 5: He's a top ten pick out of Auburn whenever he was drafted and still a young.
Speaker 7: Guy speculated that we may have traded for him for the whole Mica situation. That may have been a possibility, But I'm saying Derek Brown is their dude. If you're able to stop him at the at the front of attack, at the line, and you're not able to have the pocket collapse in front of Dak Prescott, that's what I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about that interior rush, and I'm concerned about those running lanes not being open that they can be Number eleven, Nick Scarton, I like him.
Speaker 6: He's very athletic.
Speaker 7: He's very physical, but he's like a like you said, a bowl in a china shop where he sees red.
Speaker 6: But he can be he's a little.
Speaker 2: Too fast, he's aggressive.
Speaker 7: He's very aggressive and he'll bite. So if you're able to sort of get around him, I mean he's he's going to play straight ahead B line and there's no finesse to it. Really, he's just running a gunning. Ashan Robinson is cleaning up because of what Derek Brown is able to do.
Speaker 2: In Patrick Jones ninety one, he's six four, two sixty four and he moves like a linebacker, like a true linebacker. Yeah, he's freaking athletic. Now, I mean you get him going one direction, he's high effort. You put a move on him, he puts his foot in the ground. He's going with you.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I only saw him really in the Dolphins game Christian rose Boom. I thought he was like a really solid tackler, so you're not going to get past him a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's nice.
Speaker 6: And then the same for Trayvon Morigg is a number seven.
Speaker 5: Yeahg Morigg, mo heck mo Rig former TCU, excellent run defender, yes, excellent, But he gets a in the box.
Speaker 2: He's there.
Speaker 5: Don Way Wilson, Yeah, yes, plays downhill, he's yeah, shoots the gap.
Speaker 3: He's quick, and.
Speaker 2: They like they like to run a dime, which is really weird.
Speaker 6: They like to run.
Speaker 2: But like they'll they'll play three safeties, often three safeties with two high safeties. So like you talk about more Rig, he wants to be they want him in a box, so he'll be he's a strong safety. They still have the strong safety behind him, but they want him in the box.
Speaker 7: And if we're talking about and Kyle preface this in our rundown where it's like if you're in a posing offense. How do you defend the Cowboys offense? For me, right now, it's if you're able to collapse the middle of the pocket and take away all of the middle of the field that Dak loves. He loves using Jake Ferguson in that scenario, If you're using guys like mow Rig and Christian rose Boom to clear the middle up for them, not give it available up to Dak Prescott at all, and collapse the pocket in front of Dak, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's funny because when you look at the performances so far by Carolina, four of the five games have been pretty much the same right mid twenties. They've given up twenty four, twenty six, twenty seven points, and then they had just this one breakout game against Atlanta where they shut out the Falcons. I mean it was thirty to nothing and just shut them down. I was looking at the box score. B Jhon Robinson is pretty good. Hunh Bjehon's great, and they've got weapons.
Speaker 6: Ry held him to seventy four yards on the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventy four yards.
Speaker 5: Then you look at Michael Pennix Junior eighteen for thirty six passing, and he had two picks thrown in that game. There was like a weird special teams like muffed punk situation in that game, but for the most part, Atlanta just couldn't get anything going in that game.
Speaker 3: When it all comes together, How does it come together for Carolina?
Speaker 2: The team trying to go lateral. You can't outrun their low side linebackers. Okay, like I said, well, that's what Bjon Robinson's best. No, he gets outside tackle box, don't try it. Eleven and ninety one, don't do it.
Speaker 6: So it's literally about being the most physical upfront.
Speaker 2: Absolute go downhill, go down to get ninety get ninety five. Moved off the point, go downhill, get on their linebackers. Like that's where you can you can out physical them. Going straight ahead very much. So like last week, don't go sideways. I was gonna say, go sideways.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have two sixty five to sixty five running you down. You know the beauty of Javonte Williams. Oh, he's gonna he can run down here. He can get in those A and B gaps. Hell, he accidentally ran over Nate Thomas yeah, friendly fire on that big when your left tackle is in the way, on the way too to get that sixty six yards. So yeah, Javonte Williams, he's I mean, he has the ability to to play sideline the sideline, but he's a downhill. Hand me the ball and let me get let me get into these trenches typework. So going against like you said, you can't outrun those guys, uh, sideline of sideline, Javonte Williams isn't gonna try. He's gonna come.
Speaker 8: Right at you.
Speaker 6: And if they're playing zone defense, yes please Yeah, Like, if.
Speaker 2: There is ever a day for Fergie to have one hundred yards, this is it. This would be the day. This is it because there's gaps in their defense based upon their skins, and they don't jam the number two or number three offensive player coming out. So for Ferguson, if he's attached coming off the line of scrimmage, there's nobody there to jam them. The outside linebacker is outside of him because they want to contain everything, and the inside linebacker is on the inside in the box, so he literally has a free release to the second level, so there's nobody to stop him. There's nobody there that's putting their hands on him. He's free. And again, if you have questions about that, go watch Waller. Waller is running around Button Neckett and they're just like, oh, I'm free, thank you all day long.
Speaker 7: You know what that means? Right Tostedos Championship Plaza.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's another opportunity for one Ryan Flinoy to have a big game.
Speaker 3: If he has one hundred yards this week.
Speaker 5: We may not be able to let you.
Speaker 3: They have to like accurate deactivate your.
Speaker 2: Right line line line all right?
Speaker 5: When we come back, I want to continue that conversation from the first segment, the play calling, the motion, utilizing.
Speaker 3: Your players in the right place, right time.
Speaker 5: How much credit to Brian Schottenheimer deserve for how this thing is rolling on offense?
Speaker 3: When we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 6: I'm home.
Speaker 10: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers onloading.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 8: Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 2: Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 4: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of Service guarantee credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions in exclusions applies att dot com Slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up.
Speaker 3: A bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 11: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you, Dear Doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 2: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to.
Speaker 11: Cry out, Okay, this one's easy. I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 5: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot or slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys Background.
Speaker 5: Talking Cowboys with Patrick no Cy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Stanback, Chris Beam in the Back. I'm Kyle Yeoman, So glad you're with us?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: There is oh yeah, there it is now. Whenever we talk about Brian Schottenheimer. You talk about what is going on with this offense, the number one total offense.
Speaker 3: In the NFL.
Speaker 5: How much credit does he deserve when it comes to this offense because of the motion that he talked about with Patrick and the utilization of.
Speaker 3: Players in specific roles. There's a lot of good things he's doing. And it continues going into.
Speaker 5: Week five, week six, and we're past September football. You kind of know what you are? What do you think it is? From the shot shot?
Speaker 7: He deserves so much credit, obviously, and he's standing by what he said, and he was talking about how he had to bite his lip under Mike McCarthy, and you know, there were situations where he sort of wanted to do something different than Mike McCarthy wanted to do as a play caller. So now he's getting to do he has that opportunity and the fact that he was here with Dak with most of the offense being able to diagnose like, all right in this situation is not what I do, buddy, And you're seeing that more often and johnsy Williams is a big part of that.
Speaker 6: But I think, and we talked about it a lot after the the.
Speaker 7: What was this last game, the Jets game, where it's the staff around him, the staff that he chose around him. It's not just a bunch of guys. It's not the thing. Oh my buddies are going to come out. No, like Connor Riley Clayton Adams. I mean, it is really really good, Junior. It is impressive. It is impressive. And we talked about it after we started signing all these coaches. All of the shows that we had were like, guys, this staff is pretty good.
Speaker 6: Who said that, all of us here on this show talking talking.
Speaker 7: Cowboys, research on the best Dallas Cowboys, that.
Speaker 2: We should all just go ahead and say again, yeah.
Speaker 6: I told you so.
Speaker 3: Now you're not. You don't have your sign up for today.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have my sign because, yeah, somebody stole me. Stole Let us see that on another show. Let us see that in another the sign will make a return.
Speaker 7: I just need to But literally, we've been telling you guys since they we started this whole coaching hiring.
Speaker 5: Process, and the coaching has been good. This team is still to two and one. It's not implying that the Cowboys are gonna win the Super Bowl because they're coaching is facts, but you can all build on top of things like this just and that's what we've.
Speaker 2: Seen so far. Yeah, and to answer your question, I believe that Brian Schottenheimer deserves a ton of credit for what this offense has become. And that being said, he doesn't deserve one hundred percent of the cry that's just sign. This take does not imply the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl. I need my sign back. It has been retrieved. I love you protected it. That's what it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: To make sure nobody came in here and did take it for their show.
Speaker 7: Best show to frame that, No, absolutely definitely in front of the screen.
Speaker 2: George Protector beam as the protector of the sign.
Speaker 6: A sign Steeler if you will. All right, Belichick, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Fight it out. Huh. But yeah, So Shoty deserves a ton of the credit, but not one hundred credit. And he readily he threw me out everyone who would listen that most certainly when you look at Clayton Adams, Clayton Adams has a pretty sizable fingerprint on this offensive scheme every single week and coordinating and you know the script it plays the first fifteen against teams and so again, as much as we are praising Shoddy, and that's rightful and it's justifiable, and we've said it before. This is not the first time you've heard talking Cowboys mentioned Clayton Adams and Connor Radley. But Clayton Adams just just he does two things so exceptionally well with assisting with the offensive line teachings with Connor Riley because he's a former offensive line coach himself, but then also the ability to coordinate an entire offense by himself. You get the best of both worlds with him. So going back to what what you coordinate, you got the mushrooms or in the mushrooms like you did that, you got to go back to what Josh said. Really when it comes to on the offensive side of the ball, there was not a buddy system there was There was no Mike Nolan esk higher offensive side of the ball there was, Yeah, there was none of that. There was flat out who's available that's at the top of their position anywhere in the NFL or in the collegiate.
Speaker 7: Ranks, and from shot and perspective, who are the guys out there that deserve that shot, that have not gotten.
Speaker 6: That shot yet?
Speaker 2: He's a guy like Connor right.
Speaker 7: And just to derail us completely. Liam Cohen sounds like the Little Martians from toy Story.
Speaker 6: Tony says that a stranger from the outside.
Speaker 2: I don't never on here that things that is pretty.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 8: Great.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: Going back to the motion conversation, we've seen significant increases in motion from the Brian Schottenheimer scheme and play calling side of things.
Speaker 3: You talk about last year.
Speaker 5: Fifty eight point eight percent from Dallas motion pre snap or any type of motion for that matter. When it comes to the league trends, it continues to go up.
Speaker 2: Year after year.
Speaker 5: Every year there's been more and more. This year, the league trend in the league average is sixty three percent of motion. Dallas is running sixty eight percent motion.
Speaker 3: Oh, which is a ten percent increase from last year.
Speaker 6: That seems good.
Speaker 3: Ten percent increase.
Speaker 5: It's above the league average, and they are top ten in the league when it comes to running motion pre snap. We've been calling for it as a fan base. I feel like it's not even just talking counsel now, but it's the whole fan base or found if the whole league is seeing more motion, why is there no more emotion or not any any more. E motion fifty eight percent was even up I believe from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I'll look up that number two.
Speaker 5: But the fact that there has been more creativity, there has been more motion, more eyewash, and he talked about how it is more for a defense to pick up that shows that it's had some success already this year.
Speaker 10: For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean it's important. It's important in all of our fan fam that understood exactly what we're putting down, all those all your back in training camp. You understand that it helps the offense, it helps DAK, it helps the offensive line, it helps the receivers, and it's tied and it helps absolutely everybody. It is a coverage indicator. You're looking for as much of an advantage every single snap as you can get. So when I run motion, my receivers are able to decipher exactly what are the safety is doing as I come across. Is the reason why when you see guys motion, they're not just looking where they're going, They're looking across the line of screamage and see, Okay, it's a safety moving and somebody following me. Okay, I thought it was a B or C now it's going to be A or B. Right, it's a process of elimination. The quarterback is able to start deciphering what's going on. Right, the checks up front as a center is sitting there with his hand on ball and he's looking around. Obviously, the line moves, and now the linebackers move. Now, whatever you had on your piece of paper before that, this is how you blocked this particular front. Now that's changed to another piece of paper because now these guys just moved a half inch over and that changes absolutely everything for my blocking scheme. It helps. It's indicator or why are you hard counting up front, because it's just letting them know what is letting your officeive linemen know. Hey, let's take a look at these guys that these guys jump up. You see that indicator right there? Yes, blitz, Okay, let's go ahead. What we get called blocking wise is affirmed or we need to change it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: If I'm sitting up there and I'm brock Kaufman, all right, but maybe we had a slide to the left. Boom check check check check. You know what I'm saying right right right, boom, that's it. That's all we need now, everybody just changed their blocking assignments. So much of that happens that you don't see from TV, And as Kyle's laying it out, sixty eight percent is very important because the defense not only has to figure out what the heck you're doing, but while they're trying to figure you out, figure figure it out, they're telling you what they're doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, in the amount of teams above you in the motion department, you could probably say these are pretty solid offenses.
Speaker 3: Would you like me to run through? By all means, how about the forty nine Ers?
Speaker 2: Oh? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: You know, Kyle Shanahan, Joe Brady and the Buffalo Bills. They're pretty solid. They didn't play well this past week, but they're solid.
Speaker 5: Jacksonville, who's the Rams? Yeah, the Lions, Yeah, the Saints, yeah, Kellen Moorea killing Yeah, yeah, I see Kellen. And then some of the other teams that haven't had as much success but are still traditionally good offenses. The Ravens, the Dolphins, the Falcons.
Speaker 3: And the Packers.
Speaker 5: Those are the teams above Dallas in terms of running motion. Yes, pretty solid offenses across.
Speaker 2: The good good company.
Speaker 3: It's a good group. It helps it definitely helps, certainly does.
Speaker 5: All right, that's gonna do. No Kyle Talking Cowboys. You don't want to you want to stay for another.
Speaker 2: Hour more QB Vision fanfams, the fan fams, fan.
Speaker 5: Moly, I can't say that fandom fan fanly phanomly. We got something different, family I figure Talking Cowboys Nation fan fam.
Speaker 12: All right for Patrick nose Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans'll see you tomorrow, Cowboys Defensive Preview, and some lab code from Patrick Nosey Walker.
Speaker 3: We'll see you then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.