Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Uh to Tour two on this Tuesday. Morale is high because we got food. It's Saint Patti's day. Dylan out there slaving over bangers and cold cannon, which I guess is cabbage and leaks and bacon. Maybe we have Guinness soda, bread and Irish cheeses. Who has it better than.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Alrighty, you can be in the Celebrity Bracket Challenge with us. You got to have your brackets in before noon on Thursday. You can sign up at Danpatrick dot com. On our social media platforms as well. We'll talk to Carlos Boozer, a former Dukie and now works for the ACC Network. His two sons, of course playing for Duke. He'll join us coming up a little bit. John Smoltz. He'll be on the call for tonight's the World Baseball Classic. It's Venuzuway against Team USA, and then Reggie Miller will stop by as well. The first four UNBC versus Howard and Texas versus NC State coming out today age seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show Good morning if you're watching on Peacock or NBC Sports Network, or are radio affiliates including iHeartRadio and Fox Sports Radio. Seat in the poll question results from hour one, what are we going to go with an hour two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got up there right now. The tournament starts tonight or a Thursday. Your result eighty percent say the tournament starts on Thursday. That feels like that is the most correct answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah. I think that the NCAA tournament did itself a disservice by calling it the play in Games initially. Now it's the opening round, but it feels like the damage is done. We look at these teams as not worthy of the tournament. They have to play their way into the tournament. I don't like the designation. You're either in or you're not. You know, and you're part of the sixty eight team field. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 5: One thing they did though, by this first four, it allows them to expand the tournament and keep sixty four in the bracket. So they'll expand the first four and it'll appear like it's the same tournament because it'll end up being sixty four one in sixteen seeds, and it'll allow them to expand without really offending people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're headed towards that, and I think we just bulk up the Tuesday and Wednesday night games and I think everybody will be okay with that. I mean, I would like for it to kind of top out. It's just like college football with the playoffs.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: We we were on with two forever and then we went to four and I thought, in my lifetime, I didn't know if we would see that. And once we went to four, and I said, once these guys realize how much money they're going to make, how much these conferences are going to make, how much money? You know, the TV partners are willing to spend. They're going to go They'll go to ten or twelve, they go to twelve. As soon as we get to twelve, oh we got to go to sixteen. Now they're talking about do we go to twenty four and like, slow down, slow down. But the problem is money is always at the bottom of every one of these decisions. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 7: The thing about the first four that always irritates me is that teams that win their conference championship should not be playing in the first four. Agree those should just be bubble teams, the teams that barely got in for the at large berths. You guys should be playing in Dayton, not Howard that won their conference championship game. They shouldn't have to play in Dayton on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. If you win your conference, I don't think you should be in the play in the opening round. Yeah, see, didn't.
Speaker 4: We just have a problem with that though with football, where people who won their conference got a better bid than people who are clearly better teams but didn't win their conference.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And if.
Speaker 4: People were pissed about that or upset about that season, shouldn't say that way, No.
Speaker 2: You should, yeah, but they quickly rectify that it should be the best team as far as the ranking goes with the college football. With basketball, I just can't give Boise State or Arizona State a buy because I don't think they were better teams than these other teams. But yeah, they play in in the opening round. If you win your conference, you shouldn't have to do a play in, yes, Todd.
Speaker 8: And if you're the fourth teams in the playing game that just barely got into this whole tournament, shouldn't they all be sixteens. I know there's other reasons for that, but two or sixteen, two or eleven seeds, And I'm sure they have their reasons for competitive bowns or things that are above my pay grade, but seems like they should all be sixteen teams.
Speaker 9: Whoever comes out of those four.
Speaker 2: For the first time ever, every top four seed is a double digit favorite in the round of sixty four. The smallest spread is Alabama by eleven and a half against Hofstra. And as I mentioned to start the show, used to be the twelve to five. That's where you usually got at least one twelve over a five. Now it's the eleven seed that it feels like that history shows if you're looking for a surprise, in eleven over a six might be the way to go, all right, eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by, and uh, it's not the official start of the tournament, but we're gonna treat it because Todd normally, you know, ends the tournament with one dining moment. It's a tribute to the food version of one shining moment. Todd did this a couple of years ago, and this was one of those one takes. You know, this is where people years and years from now will say I was there, he did it. It was just one take, and they'll be like, oh my god, only one take to sing this song. Yes, Tom, I think I was there.
Speaker 9: Pronounced that.
Speaker 2: Come on, you can sell it better than that.
Speaker 8: And I was there from that special moment. The Dan Patrick Show Studios where magic was created.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Here you go. You didn't ask for it, yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: Before we get there, I did look up great rock songs that were done in one take. Twist and Shout by the Beatles one take. You'll like this one. The House of the Rising Sun by the Animals one take, Yeah, great song. Papa's Got a brand new Bag by James Brown, the one taker.
Speaker 2: Okay, and this it's the moment these sandwiches have always dreamed about. Eight sandwiches will enter and one will live on forever. Hello friends, and welcome to the Elite eight.
Speaker 10: The food is served neat saw Cobb.
Speaker 11: You're drooling with their tessipation because you're so starved.
Speaker 2: The shrip pulled sand jeeves.
Speaker 10: They don't see your taste, buds glow.
Speaker 12: All that hard work, Well now it shows in one dining momument.
Speaker 10: It's all tasty vine. One dining moment, stuff your face, but no wine.
Speaker 2: The chicken par rolls on or.
Speaker 10: The scales nod off?
Speaker 11: Yes, the pounds pack on, you sail, have just one more until the plates are gone.
Speaker 10: Now your jeans won't close. What's a man to do? Your storm mixed pool and your.
Speaker 12: Bowls aren't too That one dining moment, how did you get so wide?
Speaker 10: One dining moment? Be it grilled, baked, or fried?
Speaker 12: Yes, one dining moment, bone app of teeth. One dining moments.
Speaker 10: Feel that grill heats?
Speaker 2: Just another reason?
Speaker 10: Yeah that pod in your heart?
Speaker 11: Double chin on your face? In eight, way too fast? You load down your pace.
Speaker 12: You've satisfied your hunger, but pood on some weight. Well that's how it goes when you're in l eight.
Speaker 10: That one dining moment, no fox, moon or knife.
Speaker 12: One dining moment in time of your life. One dining moment from eight downs. One one dining moment. Can't you taste all the fun? That one shining moment? Who's got it better than us? Our one shining moment. Nobody does.
Speaker 9: It's mattering.
Speaker 2: You kept singing, there's no music left.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was about seven verses too long, and then I went to shining moment at the end.
Speaker 9: I don't know why didn't stay with dining moment at the end.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 4: And believe it or not, that was one take one, take one, take only one. Okay, which one is better? One dining moment or the Olivia Newton John tribute?
Speaker 2: Well, what do you mean better better?
Speaker 4: I mean I mean better better or better better better, whichever you want to say, better content.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna beloved. I'm gonna go Olivia Newton John because that was question data.
Speaker 10: Know your luck.
Speaker 8: It mixed good sports radio conversation.
Speaker 1: You gotta answer rich just right.
Speaker 12: You know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Don't google.
Speaker 12: Let's just try to think it out.
Speaker 10: Challenge yourself.
Speaker 12: Nothing to leave, make sure you know what you're talking about, or get embarrassed on radio and TV.
Speaker 10: Let's get quizical. Whuis ital I wanna get quis.
Speaker 2: Alrighty see, Olivia Newton John just passed away and Todd was paying tribute to her. Lucky for her, Yes, she didn't have to hear that listening back.
Speaker 9: That was much more disrespectful than honoring Oliviera.
Speaker 8: Oh I love and while I was performing that in writing again, I thought I had a nice, fun idea there. But listening to that makes me feel like I just did her some terrible postumous disservice.
Speaker 2: But you never ever listen when I say, but I will say to you, are you sure you want to do this? And you'll go yes. I'll go, okay, are you sure you want to do this?
Speaker 3: In my stupidity, I'm like, I'm all in.
Speaker 9: I already wrote it.
Speaker 8: We're gonna do what I'm going to the back and we're gonna record it too late now.
Speaker 4: Posthumous Disservice was an old New York hardcore band.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, ladies and gentlemen, Posthumous Disservice.
Speaker 4: I feel like they toured early days of Metallica, maybe Double Bill.
Speaker 2: They might have been with the Ramones. When you went on stage with Dary Rucker, I said, one song, Todd, one song, my hands in my pocket. I kept telling you one song, kept telling you one song, and you blew right through the stop song.
Speaker 8: But I heard at the end of singing the first song, we want They weren't saying that in my head.
Speaker 9: They were like, please one more. Now.
Speaker 2: They were saying, I call you all the time.
Speaker 13: I don't build the nature dance time secrets away.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, okay, I'm just so there's there's six thousand people in the audience. That is they paid to be They did a lot of money to be there. Oh they paid all right.
Speaker 8: They didn't sign up for that. They're like, dadis ruckers what I paid my ticket for?
Speaker 2: Oh? My goodness. Yes.
Speaker 7: Marvin and Darius. After Frizzy performed the first song, he looks over at you. You know, I always I know, I know he's going to do another song.
Speaker 2: Darius lost a bet Todd Todd got this in two songs. And I'm backstage with Todd and his wife, and I said, hey, one song, right, No, no, no, no, I think I'm gonna do too. I said, do one.
Speaker 9: I was so nervous. Yet why would I don't know understand why I would do a second son.
Speaker 8: I'm standing there with my hands in my pocket, I'm looking down at the screen to make sure I got the words right while I'm singing.
Speaker 9: Yet I wanted to do it a second time? Was weird?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, but if Todd had basic human awareness, none of this content would be here.
Speaker 2: That is true, right, that is that's that that is true. So I would rather have this, you know, the train wreck that it usually is. But uh, I will say, got up there with his hands in his pocket and just he sang as if he was Daryl Hall, you did.
Speaker 10: I took it very seriously, but that Paul putting that.
Speaker 2: Very well that way.
Speaker 8: But but I am in my own world, and I guess if that creates some contact being in my own world in denial about how things sound versus how I think I want them to sound, then that's all good.
Speaker 2: Michael and fort Wayne. Good morning, Michael. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: This whole segment dedicated to Todd bombing. I just wanted to talk about Jim Beheim. He was on your show last Friday. I used to think that his take on expanding the college tournament was crazy. Now I know it's crazy. That's got to be one of the worst takes heard. To open up the tournament and everybody wins, The coaches win because more coaches get in.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that that I had a problem with that. You want to expand it? To ninety six and thank you, Michael. We had bad connection there. But you know, these coaches, their jobs hinge on making the tournament or advancing in the tournament or getting incentives in their contracts. But at some point it's just too many. But if I'm TNT or whoever's you know, CBS, any of the true TV, like, I want content and if I get content, and you know, we'll pay extra money. And you, as a you know, a you were probably, hey, I'm fine with it, right, but I you know, I guess I go, let's draw a line and make sure we're getting the best teams in. And Jim Bayheim's argument was, Hey, there's a lot of really good teams that don't make it, but they should that yes, you're going to put in the automatic qualifiers, but you still some of these teams are in tough conferences, and uh, why not just expand you know the Tuesday and Wednesday? And I'm like, I get it, but I don't want ninety six teams in? Uh?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 2: And Indiana? Hi Dan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan? Uh? You know the guy that called in want to know what holiday is the best? Want to have your birthday on I say Valentine's Day. You know, I mean, if if you're not going to get any for Valentine's Day, you'll certainly get some for your birthday, so you may you can get it twice that day.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, he's talking about chocolate. I think he's talking about chocolate. Cameron in Indiana, I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So, hey, guys, so I got a couple of things for you. So I know in the end of the NFL season you'll hear about a player that needs one catch for you know whatever it is, five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: Well, so they just got.
Speaker 16: Me thinking that the only way to fix the NBA and their load management issue is to have GM just operate solely on incentive based contracts. If I'm a GM, I'm not giving any any guaranteed money because that takes away the takes away the incentive the playing career money.
Speaker 2: So if you got paid by wins, you got paid by making an All Star team, All Defensive team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, but ownership is going to task the GM with the tanking. The GM is not going to do it blind. If you're one of these teams like Utah, the owner goes to and says do whatever you can to get us a top five pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Mark Cuban said that a couple of years ago on the show cost him six hundred thousand dollars, but he said, hey, we were tanking and then its front off is tanking. Well, we'll talk some college basketball and uh, we'll talk about Prince as well. Carlos Boozer involved in both of those acc Network analyst, former dukie and of course his two sons playing for the Blue Devils. He'll join us coming up next. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 17: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every day. Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports head lines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sportsbook, and all the best guests. Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. On the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Carlos Boozer acc network basketball analyst and he joins us on behalf of DraftKings, one of the most exciting places for March Madness. DraftKings has products available for fans nationwide. DraftKings, Sports Book, Predictions, Daily Fantasy Sports. How often does the story about Prince renting your home come up?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 10: How you doing man?
Speaker 3: Good morning? It comes up. It comes up often for those that know the story. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one thing that stands out because when you told us the story that you rented your house in LA to Prince and then you came back. How long did he rent that house for?
Speaker 3: He rented it for a year, Okay, he read it for a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you come back after a year, you know.
Speaker 3: So he rented it for me for a year. I had tore my hamstring in Utah when I was playing for the Jazz came to LA to get physical therapy and I popped in on I called him a couple of times, hadn't heard from him, popped up at the house and this is my first big purchase. By the way, I'm a young twenty one year old guy bought this huge house in bel Air, trying to show off. You know, what do you go for it, and then rented out the Prince because I'm not going to be there for eight months, going to be in Utah anyway. And I get there and everything is purple. You know. My wife at the time had decorated the house beautifully, Italian rugs and all this fancy stuff that I have no idea what it is. And then I come in and he basically turned all the rugs purple and black. He had his picture everywhere in the house. One of the cool things that he did that my kids actually liked is he turned my weight room into like a nightclub. He had a DJ booth and like a disco ball. My kids can I thought that was kind of cool, but other than that, I was I was livid. But he ended up changing it all back before he moved out.
Speaker 2: He doesn't ask for any He's not saying if he can have permission to do any.
Speaker 3: Of this stuff. I mean, he was basically playing ninety five random months and he's prince, so you know, he gets he gets grace when he's prince. When most of the most of us was born to his music, and then he was on tour doing his three one two one album, so he was kind of hard to reach but did not ask for permission. But he did change it back and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: But did he leave you anything? You got a memorabilia from Prince?
Speaker 3: I did get a sign photo that him and I took when he signed the Least agreement when we met.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you need a guitar or something like that.
Speaker 3: That's what I should have got, right, he.
Speaker 2: Read, absolutely, Well, thank you for sharing again, because it feels like whenever that story kind of surfaces once a year and like poor Carlos, he got to tell that story again and again and again. You were there with so Lebron's rookie year in Cleveland, that was your second year, So that that's the only year you played with Lebron, right correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, we also shared some Olympics and All Star Games together.
Speaker 2: Okay. But he that he makes his debut in Sacramento, right yeah, yeah, yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you remember right against the Kings who were voted.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about that night? The hype around Lebron making his debut?
Speaker 3: That was nuts, man, Because I was there in Cleveland the year before we got Lebron and they weren't that excited to habits and said there was probably probably it seemed like there was three hundred Hammerman at the baseline if you go back to that film and watched the warm ups, like, we had a hard time warming up because that arena, the Arc Arena was kind of tight on the baselines, and so we had so much media trying to get every move that he made. Every one up dunk and he was doing tween the legs and all these wind meals and different things, and it was difficult just to warm up. But I'll tell you during the game, he was outstanding man. He played terrific. Obviously, we lost to a much better team, older veteran group with Chris Weber and Soyakovic and Vivak and those guys Mike Bibbie. They were loaded, but he put on the show man. He had a hell of a game for his first game in the NBA as a true eighteen year old, and obviously, you guys know the rest is history. Became one of the best players we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But if I would have told you that night, that guy is still going to be playing and might be playing when your sons go into the NBA.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's no way I would have believed that.
Speaker 3: The fact that he's still playing and I retired in twenty seventeen and started my career before him is remarkable. Like his genes and his work ethic and how taste care of his body is a testament to his greatness. It's impressive that literally, if he decides to come back next year, he'll be playing with one of my sons. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: When did your sons get their first recruiting letters?
Speaker 3: I would say about eighth grade, seventh, eighth grade. They were like thirteen, twelve, thirteen, fourteen years old and started getting some some notoriety nationwide.
Speaker 2: And how did you and their mom deal with that getting recruited that early?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were excited. Obviously. You get excited when you you realize your kids following their passion and they're and they're getting recognized by some of the best coaches in the country. Very excited for the possibility of what their future might look like.
Speaker 2: But the recruiting of you as opposed to your sons.
Speaker 3: No, I stay out of it. I told I told the boys, and I told their mom I was like, I don't want colleges recruiting. Dad. I'm not going to be the one that's going to be there at six am for workouts. I'm not going to be there at two in the morning and get ready for you know, crashing for an exam. They have to recruit the boys, and the boys have to make that decision for themselves to see if they want to go to that school, if they like that coach, they like the team, and how they make their makeup is do they have a chance to win a championship, all those kind of things. So I didn't go to any of the recruiting visits. I just I got all the notes from from from the boys when they got back, got the notes from Mom when they got back, and literally let the boys make their own decision. And they also, you know, to be quite frank, they could have chose a path of going their individual ways if they wanted to, you know, if it was best for Kaden to go somewhere else, if it was best for Can to go to a different place, we would have welcomed that as well. But they made the choice together to stay together because it was going to be the last time that they got to choose to play together. Obviously the NBA, you never know what's going to happen down the road. You know, God willing they get to play together in the NBA, but you know, thinking that this year could be the last year that they actually play together, or something that we all had in mind.
Speaker 2: When did Cameron get better than you?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. I would probably say right around like sixteen seventeen. I stopped playing playing the kids one on one. I wanted to retire undefeated. I got that goal in mind. But you know, as a dad, think about this though. As a dad, your dad is the only person that wants their sons to be better than them. Every other man wants to be better than the next man. So I'm proud of my kids for being better than me and having more skills and being able to do more with that basketball than I could.
Speaker 2: He's Carlos Boozer, ACC Network basketball analyst joining us on behalf of DraftKings. How are you as an analyst with the ACC Games? How are you as an analyst with Duke Games?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Very different. It's It's difficult for me because I'm such a dad and I'm obviously always coaching and trying to figure out ways to get my kids better and get them prepared for what lies ahead. So but you know, as an analyst you try to be you know, unbiased, and come on, man, you know I got Duke blood running through my body. I'm rooting for Duke like crazy. This is my this is my most exciting time of the year. Also, want to tell the listeners out there, go to Draft Kings. They're putting together their super apps. You can go to one location and have all your fun there and be responsible out there. Don't go crazy, but enjoy responsible with DraftKings. For me, I would say it's harder being a dad watching than being a player because you have all this anxiety. You want to get out there and jump in and play with your kids and have them do what you see from the sideline. As a player, you actually get to go get a rebound and go shut the screen and go make a basket. But I'm proud of my kids no matter what though.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite Mike Skryzhevsky story.
Speaker 3: Man, There's so many. I mean, I remember we lost the game and he felt like we didn't attack that game, that we were too passive and on our heels and we had a game coming up. In the next game, we go in the locker room and there's a white piece of paper that's covered the locker room, all over the place, white pieces of paper everywhere. We can't even sit down at our lockers. On the paper, in small black letters is the word attack. And then they have we have a big you know TV in the room. They're playing that Braveheart scene. I think it's Mel Gibson. It's like riding on the horse and he's getting the guys ready to go into battle. And then Coach K comes somersaulting in and is like less attack, like screaming it like that, now, mind you, let me set the stage. This is Coach K. He's won championships, he's been Coach of the Year, he's one of the most decorated coaches of all time. He's got two hip replacement surgeries, and he treated every day like he had something to prove. So our group, I'm seventeen, eighteen years old, I'm a teenager, and seeing the legend that he is do that for us to get us motivated, was like, Man, if we don't attack this game, then what the hell are we doing?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 9: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Coach K did a summersault in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Summer summer assault with two hip replacements. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Is there a video of this?
Speaker 3: I don't Maybe, I don't know. I didn't have a big you know, I was, I was in the moment, but maybe, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I remember when I went to a game. Latner and Hurley were there, and I went to a game and then somebody said, hey, if you get a chance, go to practice because you're going to change your opinion of Coach K. And I go, what do you mean? I go, if you see him in practice and he is a different like he was, I don't want to say maniacal, but man was he on fire and he demanded he demanded greatness. And it was one of those where you go, Wow, they they're they're not lying like he is. And he's going after Latner, he's going after Hurley. He didn't it didn't matter. He's gonna He's gonna take you to task there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Coach K. One of the one of his brilliant abilities is to be able to get the most out of his players, right, Like he's able to get guys like I was from Junero, Alaska. Shane Battier's from the Michigan Jay Willis from Jersey, down Abuse from Oregon. You know, just just talk about us for all of us are the player of the year in our state or Gatorway player of the Year. Where McDonald's all Americans. He's able to bring us together and strip us of our individual ego to build us up to have one collective ego where we need the guy next to us. And that's a rare talent to have, especially going from an era where there's guys that are staying in college for three or four years like lat Nor Grant and like we did, and then moving into the one and done era that happened for so long and still having the success that he had. It's an incredible ability. And it takes a guy who's had star players like he's coaching us the same way he coached that group and they went back to back championships and went to four final fours, and he's coaching every player that's come through. Duke has left a better player after playing for coach guy.
Speaker 2: You grew up on a military base in Alaska.
Speaker 3: My dad was in the military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, what do you think of the cold weather.
Speaker 3: I'm used to it. I loved you know, man, I open my eye. It's a different way of life. I snowboard, I go fishing, I go camping and hiking.
Speaker 2: And but what about finding competition in Juno, Alaska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean early on it was a lot of competition when I was young, but as I got older it was tough. And so travel ball, you know, playing on the on the circuit, you know, down and down in California and New York and you know, says for they had more competition for me. Ended up being the right route for me. I played for Ebo Darren matzaboras travel team and I got a chance to play guess the best player in the country.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck with the ACC network and of course joining us on behalf of DraftKings, one of the most exciting places to experience March madness. You get the Draft Kings sportsbook. A proud sponsor of this program, Predictions Daily Fantasy Sports. Thanks again, Carlos, we appreciate it. Great to see you.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you Dan, great to see you too.
Speaker 2: That's Carlos Boozer having to retell the Prince's story again. It's just such a great story.
Speaker 5: You got to meet Prince signing the lease.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but you rented to Prince and what is he twenty one years of age buys this mansion he's living, he's in Utah playing for the jazz. You're just checking in periodically and Prince isn't calling you back. The next thing you know, you're like, what'd you do to the house? It's all purple guest huh.
Speaker 8: And then on top of that story, he tells us a story where coach Kate does a summersaude.
Speaker 2: I ever heard that story to hip Price Paul like we gotta find out on it. Yeah, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: And I love the fact that he bought this big mansion in bel Air. He was a second round draft pick, so the Utah money was his first real money that he saw, Like, you know what, I'm gonna spend all this money ninety five thousand dollars a month to rent that house out.
Speaker 3: Well, that Prince did.
Speaker 2: But then Prince would have been the fresh Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 10: All right, nice, like you go on, you got it.
Speaker 2: Took a couple of seconds.
Speaker 9: Nice, Okay, I was on delay there for a second.
Speaker 4: Yes, see Carlos Boozer underappreciated storyteller. Yes, see, every time he comes on, he's got a million stories with incredible detail.
Speaker 2: Great storyteller. Imagine that they've got all of these pieces of paper all over the floor. They're playing Braveheart, and then Coach K does his summersault.
Speaker 5: Yes, I can find no other record of this story except for Carlos Boozer telling it here, and I think he told it on a podcast. But I can't find any other former Duke player or Showski talking about the summersault.
Speaker 2: Todd, would you reach out to Duke just maybe the sports information director or Coach K. Maybe Coach K just tell him we want him to come on and just tell the Summerson story. That'll be it. We don't need to talk about anything else. By the way, just got this sent to our Twitter account. I would like to thank Fritzie. My dad has been paralyzed for ten years. But when Todd started singing one dining moment, he got up and walked across the room and shut off the radio.
Speaker 5: Glad I could help make a miracles.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 9: Wow, what a wonderful fare.
Speaker 2: That's that's from Ross van Houghton. Thank you Ross, and we'll take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Seaton, would you update the poll results?
Speaker 4: I would be happy to. We got a few of them working right now. The NCAA tournament starts tonight or Thursday. Eighty two percent have that as Thursday. Here's one from Todd. You more excited to watch the NCAA first four World Baseball Championship Game or neither?
Speaker 2: Actually right now.
Speaker 4: Baseball is winning that with about fifty seven percent of the vote, and a better song from Todd one dining Moment or Quizzical. Right now, Quizzical has got fifty six percent of that vote.
Speaker 2: Wait, and I think I agree with it. You didn't give neither as an option? Hey, I did not.
Speaker 9: I was killing negative.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to John Smoltz will be on the call tonight for the World Baseball Classic Championship Game. Reggie Miller will join us as well. The latest odds from DraftKings Duke is your favorite slight favored against Michigan in second place, followed by my Arizona Wildcats, then Florida, so the top four. It's certainly top heavy with those four schools. Houston is plus thirteen hundred. They were plus one thousand yesterday, Iowa State plus eighteen hundred. They were plus fifteen hundred yesterday. What's going on here? Illinois plus twenty two hundred. They were plus nineteen hundred yesterday, Yukon plus three thousand, they were plus twenty five hundred yesterday. It's a top heavy final or I shouldn't say final four, but it looks like that with Duke Michigan, Arizona in Florida, Fritzy, it's like you're going to have three number ones making it to the final four and a number two.
Speaker 8: Seed definitely looking looking like he's going in that bullepark. Okay, I've been very successful with the three ones in the two.
Speaker 2: All Right, you'll I'm not going to guess how you're going to fill this out, but I have an idea how you're going to fill this out. So anybody filled out their brackets yet, Todd has I have? Okay, you want to give me your final four, my finale, Well, let me see if I can guess Duke Michigan Florida, Connecticut.
Speaker 9: You got two of them, right, we could play like prices right.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's true. No, just tell me.
Speaker 8: I've got Duke in Houston, I've got Purdue in Michigan and Duke beating Michigan.
Speaker 9: I scored up eighty four to seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Oh so you don't have three numbers.
Speaker 9: Mix up a little bit.
Speaker 8: Duke Houston perdue Michigan, and according to that graphic, we put up purduees like in the eighth spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to go all the way?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 9: Have him in the final four.
Speaker 2: And you can join us our Celebrity Bracket Challenge. You can sign up now Dan Patrick dot com or on our social media platforms. Trip in Vegas, Welcome back, Trip, what's on your mind?
Speaker 19: Good morning DP. Always a pleasure to speak with y'all. Last week when you were talking about Will Chamberlain, I had a few things I was curious about with him boasting over twenty thousand women in his life, isn't he the true scoring leader? And wouldn't he also be the originator of load management?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Trip. Let's see Curtis in Indiana. Hi, Curtis, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Good morning Dan? Thanks for taking my call. Hey, I have an idea to improve the NCAA tournament. There's thirty one Division one automatic conference seats, and my idea is relegation where you would take the bottom sixteen based on their RPI rankings and they would have to play each other off. And that would allow the NCAA to have eight more games and also allow eight more at large teams to get into the tournament to still keep it at the perfect number.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what the perfect number is. I thought we had the perfect number a couple of times prior to finding a new perfect number. I don't know what that perfect number is, but I do think they're going to beef up the Tuesday and Wednesday games. Nobody's going to be bothered by that, and then we'll start the tournament on Thursday. Jeff and Tampa. I, Jeff, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Hey, dere, good morning.
Speaker 20: I'm just calling you know, because the WBC has blown me away, paid zero attentions.
Speaker 6: He has EAA tournament so far. It's definitely become the premier. You know, every couple of year events to me.
Speaker 20: But I was just trying to take the ways if you can help me out of how they can take it to the next level, like attend to how the ninety two Dream Team very globalized basketball, because right now you're not like the Italian team. I know in real time the other one's seems no real people from the Netherlands. So maybe any idea, the only one I could pick up was maybe to have it on those key in those countries because having it their lives might inspire the population. And uh mean, rumor has it that letting the ninety two Dream Team loose on the Night Lives in Barcelona creatly approved gepool there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you, John. I don't know if you can make it much bigger because it's spring training. I do think that there was a sense of there was tension with it, like there was anticipation, there was excitement, there was passion, and certain players playing for their country, it will just bring out the best in them. It'll bring out passion. And we'll talk to John Smoltz about this. I don't know if you can make it that Olympic feel a World Cup feel, but you got to get everybody who's willing to play. But I think what they've done they got a lot of eyeballs on this and I think it's it's been very exciting. I mean, you would obviously love to have show Hay against the United States. You'd love to have that. But I think it's been pretty exciting. Uh. Joe in Connecticut, Hi, Joe, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan, I don't have you Saint Patrick's Day five pounds. I just like to weigh in on the poll question. My son's birthday was New Year's Eve. I think that's a great birthday because the whole world's party and and just for you, I also got the tax right off. I think that's a great birthday. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Joe. Yeah, you know it's New Year's Eve. Everybody's going to be excited. I don't know if you're going to be able to celebrate your birthday at the house and if you're getting getting gifts if you're younger, I mean once you get to be you know, in your twenties. Yeah, you're right, everybody's celebrated. I don't Oh, it seems like Christmas is the one you don't want because then you're like, wait a minute, is this a birthday gift? Is this a Christmas gift? You get less? Tim in Arizona. Hi, Tim, Hey, good morning Dan So.
Speaker 21: I live in Arizona and I went to all of the spring training ballparks this year in Arizona and then I drove all the way out to Florida and I have one more ballpark to go to after today. But I'm also a big fan of the minor league ballparks. And I'm wondering if the Dan Patrick guys, the Dennetz you guys have a favorite minor league ballpark that I should go check out, or maybe you a favorite logo team or whatever. And lastly, today's my daughter's birthday, Saint Patty's Day. Girl would love for you guys.
Speaker 2: What's your happy birthday? And her name is what Tim?
Speaker 21: Her name is Jamie Rose. She's named after Pete Rose. She even has forty two fifty six tattooed on her legs.
Speaker 19: She's all in.
Speaker 2: Named after Jamie Moyer and Pete Rose. Apparently heavy birth Peter Jamie Moyer. Okay, I always wanted to go to the Isotopes. Is that albert Querque Isotopes. I don't know if there's a like. I like Scottsdeeal Stadium for spring training. I think that's that's just fun. But I I mean, I did all of those in Florida and all of those in Arizona, but there's not one where I go. Boy, this is Scottsdale Stadium is great because then you can walk into Old Scottsdale, you can stay there, restaurants there, It's very convenient. Yeah, Pauline, there's another one.
Speaker 5: We went to a bunch of years ago. I think it used to be The A's and now is the Angels Tempei Diabolos with those red Papago peaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very cool. Coming up. John Smoltz will join us and Reggie Miller more of your phone calls as well. Make sure you fill out a bracket at danpatrick dot com the Celebrity Bracket Challenge. Fritzy's still corralling celebrities to be in the Celebrity Bracket Challenge. Two hours in the books on this Saint Patrick's Day, Final hour right around the corner.