Speaker 1: Advice.
Speaker 2: There is no advice, just run like, that's my advice. I'm your sister, She's blood.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. As my mom would always say, nothing goes right when you're underwear is too tight. And with that we welcome everyone into our pregame.
Speaker 1: Paula's praises are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: When you wonder where I get my stuff from, Gane. The fact that these and I mean I've known you for a million years, these phrases just come out every now and then.
Speaker 1: What a gal they're porereth over? Is that what they're saying?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: What's our top friend runneth over?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as our friend Derek Jeter would say, what's in that.
Speaker 1: Mug right there?
Speaker 2: Not what I wanted to be with the coffee from this morning, it's about to be banquet.
Speaker 1: Here's hold on.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast, pregame, now, pregame, pre game, pregame, post NFL season. I don't know, I mean, it kind of gets exciting because there's not like football centric questions. So this first one is a doozy off the rails. Why don't you go for it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Strangely enough, I have sort of a story for this. Okay, Anonymous, My boyfriend cheated on me with my sister. They are now together. Advice the f That is the show The Christmas Family Stone with Sarah Jessica Parker. But wait a minute, don't say you you said on the last time. An anonymous question was about this, like, oh, would you ever date your brothers whatever? X? And You're like, yeah, I don't see a problem with that. I'm like, if it was the hems worst, all of them, do you put a s on it? Proplural? All of them? Hem, Liam and Chris Hemsworth. Well, they're worth the rail. But this is not okay, absolutely not. I will not say how you break up with your sister immediately?
Speaker 1: This is bad.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do where sister and your boyfriend are together? The anonymous questions all no, No, I'm saying, like, what is she talking about? What is advice? There is no advice. Just run like, that's my advice from your sister. She's blood, absolutely, she's not that close to you. Then if she's willing to date your boyfriend, that's Can you imagine Kendra or my sister like dating my ex. Although my sister followed my ex on social for years after the fact, so I mean, maybe maybe they're dating.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would literally try to get on like Heraldo Jerry Springer Rip, like any of those shows, to like discuss doctor Phil. I don't know, how's that working out for you? Well again, Paula Andrews in mind one of our favorite lines from that show, how's that working out for you?
Speaker 1: Great? You know a doctor Phil Lyne. That's one it.
Speaker 2: Was like think when like somebody would say crazy thing like yeah, I cheated on my sister's boyfriend and now we're together.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, how's that working out for you?
Speaker 2: Roight? I that's incredible. I love that you know a doctor Phil phrase. I mean, I've thought we only had Lombardy up our slaves, but here we've got doctor Phil. Okay, Anonymous, just break up with your sister or tell your sister to your parents, Well your parents tell about what's going. I can't wait for that holiday. Keep us post it again. We've said this before, Anonymous. We need more information and we need follow ups. Because one time we got that follow up and we loved it. Next we need to know how Easter goes in your house. M h, Aaron, You're gonna love this one.
Speaker 1: Joy Renee.
Speaker 2: Worst gift from a significant other? How about no gift? How about I forgot and I called the flower shop.
Speaker 1: At nine am? How about that?
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking to the Kelsey's how the Kelseys are getting all these ads, you know Kylie and Jason, they are hilarious. She is.
Speaker 1: We need to have her on this show.
Speaker 2: I want to hear about you know what it is a plea social media plea, Kylie.
Speaker 1: We want you on this show so bad.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to her about her How she is so funny with her husband and her kids.
Speaker 1: All all of it.
Speaker 2: How she will not wear anything but eagles here like that is so loyal and so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so pleased.
Speaker 2: Not that you're not doing a million things right now and taking care of your million but like she's busy.
Speaker 1: But come on the podcast. We have questions.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the story here. Aaron can get into it on the big show if she wants to. But until then, ladies and gentlemen, the worst gift if ever gotten from a significant other?
Speaker 1: No gift?
Speaker 2: Well, normally it's me buying my own gifts in my past. You know, my bank account was used for my own gifts losers, So I think that would be the worst gift. And give me my tapaware back and the ring that I bought for myself. La la la to go to dinner tonight. Hey, I was driving today, inside joke, inside joke between you and I. I think this was you and I or I dreamt it you and I.
Speaker 1: Ty what that's a unit?
Speaker 2: I I A long way around. Came on by the Dixie Chicks, and I was remembering the one time we were like the earl song singing yeah yeah, right, yeah yeah, where was that was a stage coach.
Speaker 3: Those black eyed peas? They tasted it all right to me? And now he's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta I gotta remember how that goes, because that's a good song for me.
Speaker 1: Right now, home home singing in Montana. I'll sing it to myself while you're a busy skiing and I'm in the lodge, Roger Lodge. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get through this very easily, all right, Jill raz chuck and again we mess these all up all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Do you feel pressure as women in a male sport to always show that you know as much as them. Yeah, I think I still feel that way a little bit, but not in an assertive Listen to me, I'm going to ramble off all this information. I think that it's we've talked about it before, but I think it's just really important that we studied twice as hard and read those extra articles or watch those extra shows, or do certain things or talk to the extra guys to figure out if something comes up. Let's just say that isn't you know of For me, it's a rundown of things we're supposed to talk about, just that you're well versed in everything. So yeah, I always feel that a little bit, and I feel that way as a host, especially because it's my job to make sure that if the guys want to go a different direction, that I can follow them there and make sure that the conversation's cohesive. So yeah, I feel that I always want to know more information, but not that I like the guys are testing me, like, oh, let's see how much you know, like twenty years into this thing.
Speaker 1: Like I would hope that they know that I know something.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and our guys are our people, like, it's not like that for you or I in our current situations, but I'm not going to lie to you. After I do a sit down interview and I kind of get some insight of what may or may not be happening in a locker room, and then I come to the production meeting and I'm like, hmm, I think this team's going to lose, and everybody's like, Nah, you're crazy. And then fourth quarter, I'm oh, interesting, are we in break?
Speaker 1: We are great?
Speaker 2: Can everybody hear me? Hey, guess who predicted this one?
Speaker 1: Right? Right? Because you can take the temperature of the guys. I feel like that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that's definitely a great point where you don't know because it's not been written about or whatever. And you're like interesting, So yeah, yes and no is the answer to that question.
Speaker 1: You're up girl?
Speaker 2: Uh the yeah this has happened to me from s Rogie question for the Boss babes. Have you ever cried at work? And how do you keep it all together when you are just so overwhelmed and you want to jump into a hole and hide. Before I was I was an intern. Oh I wasn't an intern. I was working kind of freelance for an Orlando station, and they wanted sound from the Bucks locker room, and a particular player was so nasty to me he physically turned his back away from me in the middle of his scrum. He also told me to go back, rehearse my question, and come back when I was ready. I was mortified. I was nineteen twenty years old. I had practiced. I did slip up a little bit. I like stumbled. He knew it, he knew I was young. I instantly started having tears come down my face, and two players in particular, Derek Brooks and John Lynch, saw it, pulled me over and said, what do you need? Oh my god, Aaron then Royalty. That's incredible. I've never heard you tell that story. Wow, Karma is the guy on the Chiefs. Wow, that is really it's the GM of the forty nine ers helping me.
Speaker 1: That's really great. Wow. I love that story.
Speaker 2: Mine's usually I mean, I don't have a specific one like that, but I love that, and I love those guys for that.
Speaker 1: I'm really as tough as I try to act.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm very emotional if I feel like I've disappointed anybody.
Speaker 1: So bosses exactly.
Speaker 2: My tears come from feeling like I've ever disappointed anyone that I respect, So I try to keep it together so it's not in front of them, But admittingly, I have cried a couple times in front of bosses over the years, and it is always met with support and understanding. There are times where they give tough love, and I like that because that's how I grew up and I appreciate that. But I think that that idea where it's like you have to be so strong and don't show weakness, vulnerability, to me, has always been a strength I think in people that I like. I like people that show vulnerability. Now, look, we can't be crying all the time. Get it together. There's no clock in baseball, Like, there's a time and a place, and if it really if you're overcome with emotion, don't feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it's just sort of a balance of the two.
Speaker 2: Like I know people that are just always like crying and bitching and you're like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Lock it up?
Speaker 2: And I think to add to that, we feel this way about our bosses, which I've cried to them, like not like more than maybe twice. But it's because honestly, the environment that we have at Fox is very.
Speaker 1: Much a family.
Speaker 2: It's not bullshit when we say that, and when they have allowed us to feel that way. Christy and I have been literally at a group function in Vegas on the president of Fox Sports' cell phone doing Spotify because his phone could like it's so old. It was awesome, and then a big boss called. We're like, whoa, you may want to get this, but he like trusted us enough, like we had such a great weekend and stuff. So yeah, like when we kind of have to when he gets pull us to pull us as about something or you know, kind of talk to us about something. Yeah, you and I have called each other bawling because we don't want to let him down because we care for our bosses and our coworkers so so much. I got a miscall yesterday from one of my bosses since I have a few, and I was like, you know that feeling from Amazon, oh sweetheart. But I immediately started panicking and I was like, oh God, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Oh God, oh God?
Speaker 2: And then you lose feeling in your legs completely, and then I almost called you and I was like, oh my god, I misscall and then I called him back.
Speaker 1: He's like, what's up, just checking in? Everything going, and I'm like, go checking in?
Speaker 2: No, No, I was like I almost said to him, I was like, don't scare me like that. But he was awesome. I mean, but again, just we feel very lucky. This is a long winded answer, but it's to say this. I think depending on your relationship with your employer, they will allow you the runway to be vulnerable as long as they know that you care and you are hard working and you know, let's not keep making the same mistake seven hundred times. And honestly, one more point and I'm sorry we're going over to this. But if, like I know you and I feel the same way about this too, if it was something that involved a team or a player, you and I are so emotional and invested in our relationships with that we've talked about it. If there was ever a situation and we felt so bad, Like I had a situation where a certain player was coming up behind me and I didn't know he thought I was going to interview him and we had to get off air. It ruined my day for three straight days. I call him, Yeah, A week, and I was just like, literally, I need you to know you're like one of my favorite players. And I was doing that because we had to get off air, not because they didn't want to talk to you. But that's another time we would get emotional. But it's because we love our job and we love what we do so much. I could go on and on about this, which we probably should on the Big Show because again off season, but let's put let's put a way for it, put a pin in this. And I think it's a good conversation with the idea of just in general workplace sort of what am I trying to say here? Just navigating uncomfortable situations because we've got some questions before with people being like if there's a mean girl in the workplace, stuff like that. Yeah, so all right, last, but not least anonymous, how to tell an out of town friend they cannot stay at your house. You can't stay at my house. It's too crazy here. I got a leak, I got a kid, I got a dog, I got a husband who drives me nuts and sometimes I have to send him down to that guest room when he's coughing. Last night, you can't stay here for those that can't stay at Aaron's house, you can come over to mine. I'm happy to host you. No, I uh, let's take this to the Big Show, to the streets.
Speaker 1: Let's take this to the streets. I'm writing the show because I yeah, I got a lot of thoughts on this. Uh huh. In fact, you and.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation about this over frozen Bargs opening up.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: For those of you interested in the follow ups, join us on the Big Show and Kylie Kelsey please and think we want you.
Speaker 1: We would love to have you on the Calm Down podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, love you girl, Bye bye. Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.