Speaker 1: Word with me here, you know, b T.
Speaker 2: She was so low.
Speaker 3: Shout out O, c T.
Speaker 4: No call what we see whole game?
Speaker 5: Ready about the bio something.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't stand on their own, Susie. I already know you can't bold with me because up with the squad of me, they get another They called me.
Speaker 3: He love by love.
Speaker 2: Hell Loove ball Alert Welcome to The Baller Show podcast, available everywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Please continue to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page.
Speaker 2: At baller alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmits.
Speaker 5: I go by the name you know, big T see T with that Cody Shane in the building.
Speaker 1: I go by the name of Cody Shane.
Speaker 6: Let up.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you blessing our you know, blessing our show with your presence.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate you, guys. I've been so excited to do this.
Speaker 6: That's all about all right, y'all. Today we got a segment on.
Speaker 7: This episode of It's Not Your Color, Kashan gave birth to her baby, Kashan. She went on live and had this baby, and I'm talking about she hit like three hundred k like over that named the baby after her did not give the baby last name. Matter of fact, Blue was not even there. He was posting up in uh in Miami. You know, Kashawan Get is discharged from the hospital or whatever like that, so she posts at her home gym.
Speaker 6: Her family was holding the baby.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Blue Face sees that and says, hey, I need you to.
Speaker 2: Stop all that, and you need to quit let everybody hold my baby.
Speaker 5: And if you don't stop it, in thirty days, I'm going to the man cussy.
Speaker 1: Nobody taking my baby from me.
Speaker 4: Y'all, this is all planned for content.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's fake.
Speaker 8: I think people in general, so in general, are so infatuated with toxic things.
Speaker 6: And not only him, his mama too, because now she says that they're kissing.
Speaker 4: Cousins his cousin.
Speaker 3: Wait, she can.
Speaker 1: Come to find out. Mama is a dorsy me to my people.
Speaker 7: And now you know, not that she's calling to dad, you know, just to give him an update on their baby or whatever like that.
Speaker 6: And he's going off about little Baby.
Speaker 7: He mad about a little baby because Krishawn did a review on Little Baby's restaurant.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, this man is this man is so emotional. Listen, this is the most emotional man on the plant.
Speaker 1: It he need to drop his nuts. I'm sorry if I can't.
Speaker 8: Say that, but it's like too much female stuff that you got going on. If these girls be as crazy over you as they do, why you gotta be the girl?
Speaker 1: Got to be the girl too? Like why are you? Yeah, you acting like a baby mamas.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So it's like, why are you why you take why you gotta get on the internet with everything?
Speaker 1: Or why are you so mad about it? Be the insecurities like.
Speaker 2: Tighten up growth please please?
Speaker 1: I mean, but if not, hey, y'all.
Speaker 4: Do y'all thing.
Speaker 5: They gonna keep getting that money man.
Speaker 6: And we're gonna keep watching.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Krishan is a cute boy name to me?
Speaker 6: So you did your thing and she called him Junior Solf?
Speaker 8: Is she the baby daddy anyway?
Speaker 1: Nigga acting like a baby woma?
Speaker 5: Look, bro, every time you go on the internet, Chris, Shawn, Rock and blue Face.
Speaker 1: Because the black excellence at this point, Like, bro.
Speaker 5: If so does our open Instagram baba steak.
Speaker 3: Running it up? Okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: They taking whatever small things that's happening and running it up to a million?
Speaker 6: Did he's giving his publishing back to his artists?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 5: Is there any publishers?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Is there any money left to collect?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not an artist, so I wouldn't knowing us he was getting though.
Speaker 8: My only question would be, okay, so what are you doing with the artists that you work with?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: How are you doing that?
Speaker 2: I would like to say a lot of newer artists now are smarter and they're doing partnerships with labels of who they signed to. So but then again, you never know.
Speaker 1: Man, you's got still a lot of naive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because somebody, you know, if you've broken, somebody say you'll gonna give you half a million dollar check, but on my own, your music, the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take that half a million fucked up And they might not.
Speaker 1: Even say it like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's forever.
Speaker 4: Here, here's five hundred K.
Speaker 1: They're gonna put it in cash right in your face too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm a briefcase, and I'm pretty sure the type of artist.
Speaker 4: Take it and change, can't forget the change.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll taking all of it.
Speaker 4: I can't forget the bust that.
Speaker 1: And you're not the only one.
Speaker 5: I'll take it, all of it. So I don't blame some of these artists that be in these messed up contracts because people make decisions based on their circumstances.
Speaker 2: Business is very but you tend to forget your circumstances when you're smarten up later when you're making money and you say, wait, damn, that five hundred K that I would received is now worth two point five million. And I would have waited and not took this and not signed this.
Speaker 4: But you never know. It's a catch twenty two. What do you do? I sit on the artist side and the label side. How do you navigate through that?
Speaker 8: I think it also comes back to like what's really important to you? Why are you doing it? What really matters? Put it in a different perspective for you.
Speaker 7: What his former artist of Mark Curry is saying that, you know, it's kind of worthless now to have the the publishers.
Speaker 1: He already ran it up. He probably was like, ain't even making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be forty soon, so those their fans are older thirty years.
Speaker 5: It just sounds like, you know, Puff is a great business man, that's what I say. That's what it sounds like. It just sounds like it's a great I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, no, no I talk about for the specific topic is that is that not snappable.
Speaker 6: But it's snappable?
Speaker 7: Is Deon Sanders Hey?
Speaker 2: So Deon sand News is now ranked the twenty two twenty two in the country for Colorado. They beat TCU, who was just in the National Championship against Uga.
Speaker 4: It was a good game. It was like forty something to forty something went all the way to the wire.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: They played Nebraska this week. I will definitely be tuned in. Shout out to Don Man for wie of those kids in them young man, and you're not gonna talk about some stats football. His son Shardor he had five hundred and ten passing yards, four touchdowns. That running back though, Man Edwards, boy, that's a bad boy.
Speaker 3: That got a squad.
Speaker 1: That's his son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's coaching his son and looking at a lot of his sons. One play defense and one's the quarterback. That running back though he scored three times.
Speaker 3: But listen, you.
Speaker 5: Fail to forget that a lot of people thought his son was only the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Because of his son. Yeah, but he actually I've seen the game.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, he's throwing that thing and zero interceptions, zero turnovers, no fumbles, no nothing.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. You can tell ten yards.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, either you google it.
Speaker 2: Or I watched that and started finished. I was like, damn, they really gonna pull this shit off, man, Because.
Speaker 5: TCU was like ranked Deon is getting a lot of love, but I feel like he's about to start getting a lot of hate just because.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen more. But I believe, so this is the plan. I think Deon Sanders went to Florida State. His jersey's retired there. He's arguably one of the greatest athletes of all time. Only athlete that played in the World Series and the Super Bowl. And I know my Deon stats because he's one of my favorite football players him Michael Vick. Anyway, if he does a successful season with Colorado, he's going to.
Speaker 4: Florida State as the head coach, telling y'all now bookt and.
Speaker 3: Don't forget it.
Speaker 5: They also was talking about how they was gonna get that twenty eight million dollars if they offered to pay him.
Speaker 4: They already received the money to pay him.
Speaker 2: And Cody Shane tickets for the Colorado Colorado.
Speaker 4: Who fucking goes to Colorado to watch football?
Speaker 3: They coming down?
Speaker 2: There are four hundred dollars. That's more than an NFL game. The resale the reseller, the resale value for that is four hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: You guys are filling me up with a lot of knowledge. I'm not the big biggest football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm understanding.
Speaker 4: Why what's up?
Speaker 9: It's love versus money on the ball or alert show and now it's time.
Speaker 6: For love versus money. I'm gonna give a couple and you let me know if they're there for the business or is it really love?
Speaker 7: All right, today we have Druid and Ralph Pittman business.
Speaker 8: I'm not familiar with him, so I'll just go with what he's saying because he seems trustworthy.
Speaker 3: So trustworthy guy.
Speaker 2: Ralph accuses X of proposing he adopts her son for financial gain.
Speaker 4: This is business. Sounds like a business transaction to me. They ended their eight year marriage of atlantais of Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, I think everything on there is strictly business.
Speaker 2: I feel kids are off limits, but I do know a mother knows her child and anything around her child. So if she feels that her husband or spouse adopted her son for financial gain, I'm more likely to say, damn, that might be right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the context all the way through, but yeah, man.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking business.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking business too.
Speaker 1: This is business.
Speaker 9: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 8: What's up is Cody Shane and you are now tuned in to the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: Let's go back with the ball Alert Show. Cody Shane is in the building. We appreciate you pulling up on us for the people who don't know Cody Shane all the way through. Where's Cody Shane from?
Speaker 1: Cody Shane was born in Atlanta and raised in Chicago, and I feel like I have a great mix of both both cities. I love both dearly.
Speaker 6: Where did Cody Shane come from? Is that your real name?
Speaker 1: My name is Cody Shantio.
Speaker 8: So Cody Shane, you just took off the end super real name, no game, no gimmick, real game, no scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've know Coachy Shane for a very long time. I like to say we're friends. Yes, energy is crazy. Cody Shane to me was one of the biggest stars new stars. I remember what twenty six, sixteen, twenty.
Speaker 1: Seventeen, really like seventeen.
Speaker 2: Seventeen and man, I just saw I saw you in Sprike commercials.
Speaker 4: I just seen Cody Shane doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Spike commercial. I was like, I was clapping.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, and what was the song?
Speaker 8: It was that A couple of Actually for the Sprike commercial. I auditioned for the commercial.
Speaker 3: Oh you auditioned.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just gave it to you.
Speaker 8: I put up to a random audition. I didn't really know what was it, what it was for. Yeah, I got I was actually on the mood board for the commercial, like my pictures.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: And then I auditioned and they was like, man, we love her. Got the part called it sprighte.
Speaker 4: People did that come with?
Speaker 3: Like free?
Speaker 4: Did you get like free sprite?
Speaker 5: For a while, I got.
Speaker 1: A lot of Sprite, always drinking Sprite. I only like Sprite, So is that still.
Speaker 3: Market?
Speaker 8: I wanted to always be a thing. Okay, yeah no, but it was a really dope experience too. It just happened so crazy and it really just all fell together and it was one of the greatest, really really dope like set, like Sprite, The whole crew was really dope and shooting that was fire.
Speaker 7: Now, for those who don't know are unfamiliar with who you are, like, what was your claim to fame? Like what was the song or the hit that record that people know you from.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: For me in my career, like when I first came out, Sad and and like Dripping My Walk were two really great songs that I think people really loved. But I still think for me, I'm still I'm still that record away from everything, you know what I mean. I think one of the biggest things for me and in my career and what really had me going so crazy is like all the doors I opened for other female artists just like me and in that sound and like the girls being able to run with the guys, Like for like three years, I was the only girl on Rolling Loud three four years, you know, so before that was a thing, and before that I was even thought about, I was doing it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I think that was my claim to fame. That is my claim to fame is the doors I open and how I inspire people and all the girls you can listen to right now that say and you say, man, that sounds like Cody a little to me.
Speaker 6: How that's my okay? How did you get there? What was that journey like to drip on my walk?
Speaker 1: Around that time, everything was just more fun.
Speaker 8: Like now everything is really like you gotta do this, you gotta do that, you gotta be on Instagram, you gotta be on TikTok. Back then, it was new and it was fun, so it wasn't necessarily a method to the madness. It was just like we're having fun, we're being ourselves. Oh and we can post it now and we can show what you're as many people as we want to. Like, really, twenty sixteen I think is when, and then the SoundCloud era was just like really heavy and it was like way more.
Speaker 1: In our poems, like oh my god, we can just drop this.
Speaker 2: Is I feel like they're just like you that came in that SoundCloud era that got real fans still have those fans now, whereas now it's a little bit harder to get a fan base because people I feel like people have so many options. I feel like the people who kind of came up in the sound correct me, I'm wrong. In the SoundCloud era like you, Lil YACHTI and those are little it was a y'all fan base, and you were one of the first mail artists that I saw that had like die hard fans, like people showed up for you. But my question to you is around this time, and like I was saying, this is all going good, are you signed at this particular moment at that at that particular moment where you signed.
Speaker 1: This was right when I dropped.
Speaker 8: I dropped my first ep like right after that, like I dropped, sad. It depends on what time you're really talking about, because right after that I got signed.
Speaker 1: So I got signed to signed to Epic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you would signed when she came to the radio station, right, yes.
Speaker 8: But the deal I had was so it was such a great deal. In my favorite shout out to Epic, I love you guys forever. It was just such a great deal on my on my part.
Speaker 1: And if you're.
Speaker 8: If you're a young artist and you don't have like a hit hit like you can have a hit in the city, you can have a hit in your community, but if you don't have a hit hit you can sign to wherever. You're still moving independent, so it's not it's not like so different, but you didn't.
Speaker 1: I ask your question. It's not a fully private what was the deal.
Speaker 8: Ninety ten sinty for me, No, no, no merch like it was just like love of course, And I'm just open to talk about this now because it's been so long ago. But of course I had an advance and I was sixteen, like fifteen, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like I forgot to say this was like what sixteen at the time too.
Speaker 4: I forgot to say that exactly.
Speaker 8: So if you're not giving too much, if you're not getting too much, then you won't be giving too much.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 8: I could give you one hundred thousand, but I'm only making ten percent back, you know what I'm saying, Or I could give you, So it's like it still was a very run my own race type of situation, which I was still very grateful for and amazing experience and have relationships with people now that con change it that has changed my life.
Speaker 5: Sounds like those advances, how them labels get these.
Speaker 8: Not even really not even really because it's like if I if yeah, advances is.
Speaker 1: How they get them.
Speaker 8: But when you get in advance and you only given ten percent to a to a major, but.
Speaker 4: I don't think most people's did are that great. That's good.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, so a big advance with you know, a lower you know, with a lower ownership percentage is probably be a lot more old on them.
Speaker 8: Yetist much different. Okay, and yeah, shout out to l a read. I think I think he just really really loved me, And.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. That was so you were one of the first of your kind.
Speaker 2: Was that hard at first though, because I know you said it was fun, but people were looking at you like, wow, she's different. She's not usually what I would listen to. She's dope. Were there any like issues that you came around that came up around this timeframe.
Speaker 8: Or what definitely dealt with a lot of people that didn't really understand me or how to market me. Like I've had people say like, yeah, but I don't know how to market this. So that's understandable because when it's new, I guess.
Speaker 1: You should know how.
Speaker 8: It's something that's a learning process and definitely a lot of very competitive.
Speaker 1: In the male world because I am a girl.
Speaker 8: But I like girls so and I like the guys, and I dress really nice, so the girls like me too, and I'm cute, you know, and I'm p like, so they don't like it.
Speaker 1: They don't like me. I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not bisexual, so I'm not. I'm just saying, like the men, they feel away.
Speaker 1: God, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So it's like makes it a little bit that much more competitive for me. Well it did in the past and it still does today.
Speaker 1: But I just we rally, we progress, you know what I.
Speaker 8: Mean, bitch right, So now I want you. I mean, you know, I've been around, but they've stolen mind too, So how can I I can't be pissed.
Speaker 1: I can only be real.
Speaker 8: But it's definitely been a lot of challenges in that and being, you know, the first to do something. I know we've all experienced that. Like being the first to do something, not a lot of people don't see it or see the vision or understand it because it's like the first time is happening. So you have to create your own lane for something Like I feel like when Drake first came out, we didn't understand it fully. It was like, man, this is different. This is and he just created his own lanes. I feel like that's just what it takes. I do think like linking with YACHTI in the beginning of my career was something that helped me be a little more digestible to show like me fit in.
Speaker 3: How's our relationship now? You and yay.
Speaker 1: To the whay y'all. He's a cool guy. I think.
Speaker 8: As you get older, you outgrow and you understand things differently and perspectives change and you learn how to swim.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, not friends, no more, that's.
Speaker 8: I mean not It's just like you got to really like feel away about something to have an opinion on it.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't, no ways, Okay, So when your deal is up with Epic, what happens then?
Speaker 8: Man, that was the craziest time in my life, not only because me and Epic.
Speaker 1: When I separate and we cut.
Speaker 8: With amazingly it was great, Like they sylvia'r own, I love you, La, I still love you, Epic, the whole Epic family.
Speaker 7: That's probably why you got a good deal too, because Sylvia, you're wrong. She look out for people.
Speaker 8: Actually La signed me, okay, but when I got signed, La left, so he had to leave, So then I because then I was more he did hit right, then I'm more so built a relationship with Sylvia, which I always still loved her even when LA signed me. She was great, but I build more of a relationship with her when LA left, which I love her.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah for sure.
Speaker 7: Now I say that because you know she looked out for Missy Bust like all those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a girl's girl. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you when you deals up with Epic, what does Cody Shane Shane do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: It's such a crazy time in life, not only because of Epic, but Mattie p that I created most of my sound with and grew with and learned so much from.
Speaker 1: He passed away around that same time.
Speaker 4: What year is this?
Speaker 8: This is twenty twenty, This is like twenty twenty into twenty.
Speaker 4: One, and this person is who to you?
Speaker 1: This is everything to me. This is my brother and my producer.
Speaker 8: He put me on my first beat, he recorded my first real song that I put out.
Speaker 1: We recorded everything together.
Speaker 8: This is my heart and he passed they around that same time, and my grandfather passed away around that same time, So it was like a very and plus I'm going through the most crazy public breakup of my.
Speaker 1: Life all at the same time. So it was just a very.
Speaker 8: Like in very very intense year for me, intense couple of months honestly, and so I really just like took some time to just go home and reset.
Speaker 1: I didn't make any music for almost a year.
Speaker 8: I just got heavy on my on my family and had to like really reset because it was too much happening at once. I had to take a step back. I'm glad you did that, Atlanta US swallow you up if you let it.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you shared that too. That's a thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm big on mental health, so I'm glad that you took that time because some people would have crashed out.
Speaker 8: No, it's important. I went through a lot, so I had to just no phone, no nothing. It was intense, but I'm happy to be here and yes time.
Speaker 7: So it's twenty twenty when you got out of your deal into twenty one, so that's kind of recent.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, pretty recent.
Speaker 6: Okay, pretty recent.
Speaker 1: Like the end of quarantine really when Quarantine was like ending.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is a new start for you, like being independent again, or you would you sign with another label?
Speaker 8: I really want to. I want to be like Chance the rapper and tailor Bennett. I want to be like I want that bag. I want to figure that out. I want to be.
Speaker 1: Just able to cause, like I said, when.
Speaker 8: You don't have that record or those records, you can signed to whatever label you want, you're still gonna be running your ship independent into your like truly a priority. So I don't want to go nowhere until I got real leverage, until I'm like, na, this is what I want and beyond that. And when I get to that point, I still might not even want to do that because it's like when you really got your business together and you got great people around you that love you and want to see you win, Like, there's no.
Speaker 1: Why give yoursel Why give yourself away?
Speaker 3: It's rappers and independent.
Speaker 8: If there's a way to keep you know what I'm saying, You your your intellectual property. If there's a way to keep it and to maintain it and to take care of your family in that way, why would you do anything different if there's a way. Yeah, Chance is like I think he has a partnership with Apple.
Speaker 1: I might be wrong.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be wrong, but there're out of here.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 8: I want to be like, you should reach out to him. Oh, I shout out to Taylor Bennett. I really really, I really really rock with his brother. That's for homies. So I'm trying to soak up all the game I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: What's some mistakes that you made early on in your career?
Speaker 1: I have one question though, is Russ who's rust signed to?
Speaker 2: I want to be like Russ and Russ used to be signed to r c A.
Speaker 1: That's that's the lane you see that, Like, no, you.
Speaker 5: Don't have a lot of free games, so you.
Speaker 8: Don't have to hear about this man for six months. And in those six months he was in Egypt and all around the world, you know what I mean? Like, that's what I care about. Like, but that's what I said earlier. It comes back around to how much does it matter to you? Do you care about the popularity? Do you care about? What do you care about? What are you doing it for?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And that's when Oh, I'm gonna take the five hundred thousand and the chain in the car. That's when that perspective comes in. It's like, how much do you care? But yeah, I love us mistakes that I made.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: Not being present was present in like every moment when I was young, Like I said, a lot of things were fun. So I was just floating and moving and being where they told me to be and showing up and being great at being there so people would invite me back. But I wasn't necessarily like totally being present and like nurturing my relationships and the people that I was meeting, because when you're so young, you're not really You're just not thinking about it. Yeah, I'm just like and I'm just having fun and oh my god, they love this. I'm just gonna keep doing I'm just gonna keep doing that instead of being like man like really like soaking it up and being in these moments and like checking on people, you know, like nurturing your relationships.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of the biggest things.
Speaker 8: But other than that, I'm a firm believer and everything happens as it should. I wouldn't be the person I am today if I didn't go through all the all the bullshit.
Speaker 9: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: What is Cody Shane and you are now tuned into the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: One thing I liked about you is you had a mean merch game. Yeah, so are we gonna Are we still doing that? We're going to do that?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited. Hold on, look at my shirt, he says, young and vulnerable.
Speaker 6: This is me.
Speaker 2: I will wear your shirt all the time. I think it was I'm Gonna get you. Yeah, I will wear it. Was the one with you with you checked with the glass.
Speaker 1: The Cody Shane, that was the that was the uzy to our shirt that was fire. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I want to tap back in. Like I said, I took that time to for me. So now I'm just getting back into things and assembling the people that I really need, and also getting comfortable and understanding being in the driver's seat.
Speaker 1: Of my my shit, Like okay, this is me.
Speaker 8: Like I'm you know, really really present, really paying attention. Really I'm doing it for me.
Speaker 2: So so does party Shane still make good money? Like with stream and I.
Speaker 8: Feel like I stream very well. It's just all about marketing. I think marketing is the biggest thing ever. If people don't see it, they won't know about it.
Speaker 6: Is your loyal fan base still with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to shangang.
Speaker 8: Ist like that's the thing, and that's I'll bring up Russ again like he started in those three hundred rooms, went up to five, went up to fifteen. And those people are like people that no matter what, if he drives, they're gonna buy it.
Speaker 1: Rather it's closed tickets, a book, it doesn't.
Speaker 8: Matter what it is, they're gonna buy it because he's been loyal to those people.
Speaker 2: And you know, and question when you took your mental break and you were, you know, getting your things together mentally, did you update your fans about that or what happened like because people were probably saying, hey, where's the music?
Speaker 4: What we're doing?
Speaker 8: I think that time was so detrimental to me and so like so important and so everything that it couldn't it just had to be about that. It couldn't be about oh I have to make because really in all reality and like actuality, like ten years ago, twenty years ago, you wouldn't really have to update people, right, you know what I'm saying, because this is life, like this is the internet and then this is life. And when it gets so serious to a point. It's like I shouldn't have to, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We were just Jamie Fox had to update his fan base, dude, because he took that he was sick but he was feeling better, and he didn't say.
Speaker 3: Anybody that I told him.
Speaker 5: His fan base is getting mad because this is like the new thing on the internet. It's like you have to publicize everything that's going on in your.
Speaker 8: Life, and I think people have to take a step back and realize, like you can't expect people to do things that you don't even do, as in, like you're not updating me, You're not updating your twelve followers about the fact that you had a stroke or or whatever, had a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Why why should I have to do it? Because it's a million of you guys.
Speaker 8: I understand your your your love for me, but it's like the entitlement, Like it's like, why are you publicly apologizing that you cheated on your wife?
Speaker 1: Who is that for?
Speaker 8: I understand women aren't get embarrassed, but it's like there's life and then their social media. It's like some peoples are like totally intertwined and attached.
Speaker 5: I think the fans of just who invested with talent now, because I believe you know, obviously, you know I was an adult back in the time of like Michael Jackson and saying what that was. But I feel like if somebody of like those artists back in the day, I feel like they can go through things and they fans will understand, like this person is human.
Speaker 3: They go through things a.
Speaker 1: Press release at the most, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: But like, also, don't get me wrong, like I don't have the best communication when it comes to my fans because again, like I am, I'm an artist, so I like to just flow.
Speaker 1: So it's I'm.
Speaker 8: Not the best at it, but I thing, yeah, okay, But I do think my fans are really firing that way to where it's like they understand that I'm a real person.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the people that love me and the new people. I am a real person.
Speaker 6: So now what are you working on? You have new music?
Speaker 8: Yes, I just dropped the Epece four thirty two. It's your Last Chance to dance. I'm really really excited about it. It's like a in the summer house vibe. It's really fire. I've been really passionate about it. Wanting to people, wanting to make people dance and have a good time. So I'm really really excited about that. And then I'm working on a more of an R and B type of thank you. Yeah, I got some really really fire stuff. So I'm working on like an R and B project from for the top of the year.
Speaker 6: I like, it's the Last Chance to Dance.
Speaker 1: Your last chance to dance? Yeah, excite? Where'd that come from?
Speaker 8: We actually I was making a bunch of music and then I kind of just looked up. Me and my homie Evans, we kind of just looked up, like, man, let's make an house project, Like let's make something a little more experimental, but that's still me. And then later after the music was done, I ended up doing a party, Me and my DJ. We ended up throwing a party and we named it Last Chance to Dance, like at District. So we so after just doing the party and how that branded so nicely, like that was like such a cool little thing, we were like, let's just make the project sounds like like sounds for thirty two is a frequency which music is tuned into tuned in and it it's kind of like a just a relaxing frequency. So we kind of made last chance to dance and installment of that and it kind of just worked like it just aligned.
Speaker 1: Let it happen.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fire, super fire, go listen to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you pulling up on this for real. Had to have you pull up on this. We not done yet. We got baller mail.
Speaker 1: I need the ball and mail message.
Speaker 2: Dear ball alert. I'm feeling a way about my most recent date. Great man, handsome and attentive. It's just on our date, he picked me up and its top was off in his car because AC is not working. I'm sweating bullets when we arrived for dinner. Now I have an attitude the entire night because I was hot and my eyelashes were shocked. Should I hold this against him?
Speaker 1: He expectations?
Speaker 8: Man, They always they lead lead you down a dark hole.
Speaker 1: Bro, Stop expecting things is my thing.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, like, this could be your future husband, and you worried about this man AC being broke in the car.
Speaker 3: I don't understand that.
Speaker 8: It's like, at least he could drop the top right, What you mean, what big doll?
Speaker 2: You should have at least got an uber, bro, Okay, if she got you know, she probably had the curls. The curls probably flew out the window. When she had a wig on, she probably flew off. She said her eyelasses were shot. Well if she didn't even have any eyelashes. Some people look crazy with the eyelashes.
Speaker 1: Okay, he could have warned her, He could have let her know.
Speaker 5: He said her eyelass was a shot. I mean, the motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: God damn, looking like Nikki natchroll with that ball? Or do we have something?
Speaker 3: Do we have to clip.
Speaker 4: My boy? If you take your lady?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man should just gave her a choice.
Speaker 3: You think got y'all?
Speaker 4: Y'all finna go jog Storm Mountain or something?
Speaker 6: Bro, No, put me in the a C.
Speaker 4: We're going out to e.
Speaker 3: Did you say Jogstone Mountain?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: You got the top drive, isn't it? And don't let don't let it have been in Florida, Georgia, Texas.
Speaker 1: He said she should have came in a workout clothes Josh workout. He was supposed to hit her up.
Speaker 5: I agree with Cody. She said that he should have at least gave her a note.
Speaker 8: Like, yo, I'm getting my ac fixed. This day, but I got the top down. If not, I'll call the car. Let me know what you're gonna do. He didn't give her no choice. Girls have a problem.
Speaker 1: She probably would have said, all right, that's.
Speaker 5: Cool to think about it. She probably got choice.
Speaker 4: No, but she probably got you know, dressed up.
Speaker 6: She could have put some why do you keep?
Speaker 5: Why why you gotta you know she put the whole ship on. It's the hand transformed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't put that on and it was just regular and she was.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, fact, you know, you just never know coming to dinner, sweating, expectations, invitations.
Speaker 6: They expected.
Speaker 5: And communication communications. Should you should have told that woman that your a C was not working?
Speaker 2: I would just say bring it up to him and say, hey man, you know you could at least told me he ain't had no a C. I would have for the occasion, she could have, you know, hit the the order in a little bit more, put on T shirt instead of probably addressed.
Speaker 3: I think she was more so mad that she was in their sweating.
Speaker 2: Let you're here thinking it's a it's gonna be a wild night because you got your top drop and goddamn her curls gonna fall all.
Speaker 5: He probably he probably like he probably was like this, Oh yeah, that a c don't work.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: He probably ain't telling nothing. He probably just like dropping that top.
Speaker 2: Sometimes guys we don't even think about ship. So I'm pretty sure he probably don't even think about that.
Speaker 3: No, he definitely thought about it.
Speaker 5: If you're taking somebody's date, you're thinking about every date.
Speaker 4: It was a date, a date, she said, on my on my most recent date.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it sounds like a first date, she said.
Speaker 8: She said, hold him, hold it against him. It's only fucked up because he ain't say nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's my girl.
Speaker 5: But she feel away because they don't know each other and this is his first impression. She's send all these great don't hold rands last you know, just did you bring it up in conversation?
Speaker 1: That better bring a rag.
Speaker 5: Moist?
Speaker 1: Well, she make up anyway.
Speaker 6: Before we get out of here, we got a pep talk with Cody Shang.
Speaker 1: What's up.
Speaker 8: It is Cody Shane, and I'm only here to tell you to keep going no matter what, no matter who says anything, Trust in yourself, trust your gut, say your prayers, and keep going. Lace your boots up and keep going. I love you if nobody does.
Speaker 9: I can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platform at baller Alert, log on the ball or alert dot com