Speaker 1: You're listening to Joja Sua Now with me Jojo Siwa and iHeartRadio Podcast. Hew might welcome back to Jojo Seawell. Now we're apparently in Australia today. Just kidding. I'm still American. One day I'll be Australian and that'd be sick. Anyways, Hi, welcome back. This is Jojasua Now hosted by me Jojo Sewall where we talk about the past, talk about the President, we talk about the future. You will only know what I mean if you watched episode one two. I don't know which episode I started. Past, President, Future, it doesn't matter. Anyways. Today we are doing a blast from the past. I am so excited about my guest today. This person has been my best friend since I was nine years old is when we met, so for the last eleven years, which is actually insane. This person has been with me pretty much through it all. We've survived a lot together. So I'm so excited to welcome Klannie Hilliker to Jojasua. Now. Klana, Hi, jud Jo, I'm so excited to be here. You're so excited to be you. I love coming to your house. That's my favorite because I never know what it's gonna look like I was gonna say, my house loves coming to you, but then I was like, that doesn't really, Yeah, that doesn't really it makes sense. No, not at all. It's fine, And.
Speaker 2: I'm just really sad because you won't take me in a ride in the Lambo.
Speaker 1: I will, I will. If I didn't have a solo podcast after this, you know, I would be you would be in the Lambo obviously, naturally we'll take it after all right, all right, there we go, there we go. Oh, Klawnie, how are you. I'm doing good. We've had a wild dude. We for the last three days have been none stop.
Speaker 2: I slept from eight pm to ten am today and it is now now I'm here.
Speaker 1: LACKI I know you probably didn't no from like I slept from like two to eight. I'm on like a cute six hours ac Ever, since I did Special Forces, my sleeping is very messed up. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: I've been watching and I remember when you told me you were going to do that, and I was like, Jojo, you're the most insane person. I would never do that in my life, But watching it has been really awesome, and that was like, I feel like one of my favorite things you've ever done.
Speaker 1: You know, it's for sure one of my favorite projects I've ever done. It's the hardest by far, but favorite for sure also that far. Anyways, for the last three days, Klanie and I have been filming. We're doing a Dance Mom's Reunion. Lifetime is doing a Dance Mom's Reunion. Over All original producers and the cast is me, Kilanie Page Brook, Chloe Kindle, and then a few of our moms. Christy wasn't able to make it, but she really wanted to be a part of it. She facetimed a lot and then Kelly, Jill, Kira, Klanie's mom, and my mom Jess are all a part of the reunion. I mean, I'll be I'll be straight up and honesty. They asked us to not talk about which cast is doing it or which cast isn't doing it, but I feel like it's just been so obvious on social media.
Speaker 2: We posted a photo yah the day that we were there, of all the people that were there, so it's like, you.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, So I think that is just kind of like, you know what, like it's all right, we'll put out there who was there, but we in the last three days have gone down so many memory lanes with this Dance Salms reunion, I think the world is going to be very interested. I as a dance MS fan, I mean was interested in what it was like. It was not what I expected it to be, but I know, like we.
Speaker 2: Talked about a lot of things and we got really deep with a lot of things.
Speaker 1: It felt super deep. Everything felt super super deep. It was a big therapy session, literally, and I really didn't think it was going to be like that. No, no, no no. I thought it was gonna be like lighthearted, but it was like but it felt good, Like it didn't feel negative. It didn't feel like anyone was like having to like relive the past. It was more like we were getting to clarified things that may have not clarified when we were kids.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you especially don't really know that many other people.
Speaker 1: That was then going into it. I only knew Colonie and Kendall. I'd never met Page Brook and Chloe, and so it was like, what am I getting into.
Speaker 2: Everybody's on social media's always like I can't believe that it's like.
Speaker 1: Jojo and Page whenever.
Speaker 2: But we were all big on the like we all had like such a big we just don't know each other personally. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I saw comments that were like, Jojo, how does it feel being in the same room as Chloe after you shaded her online? I was like, first of all, I've never shateed Chloe. I shaded her mom Christy Christy, and like, I will stand by what I said to Christy. Did I say it into body of a tone? One hundred percent? But I was standing up for Gia and like, I will stand by that statement.
Speaker 2: But and we talked about some of those We taught a lot of things that you will be shocked to hear on the show. It got really deep, but I think a lot to it. We've never as like the kids. We didn't speak that much on the show or get to kind of talk to each other.
Speaker 1: Her moment to talk, she got her moment. Now, I was I was talking.
Speaker 2: I never really talk and I you know me, I I just like am a very like anxious person. I don't like to make anybody upset. Yeah, and so I never really get to talk. But I feel like I.
Speaker 1: Really you really got to go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like to say how I felt for the first it was good. Yeah, it was really good. And Jojo really stood by my side through a lot of it, sat by each We sat by each other the whole time.
Speaker 1: Thank god. CLONIEA and I sat by each other. At first, we weren't, and I was like, absolutely not. Put the chairs by each other, like, put the chairs out. They're like, you're together. Yeah, okay, we're gonna be a lot. And we started feeling each other's heart beats. It was more so for.
Speaker 2: Colawging for me because I'm such an anxious person at my what's my heart rate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we were tracking her heart rate and it was fun and then I made her feel mine and then she followed mine, and that we we we were good. We were good at each other.
Speaker 2: That's like the most anxious girl thing that could ever be. I'm constantly like this.
Speaker 1: Like just like feeling it to make sure it's still there.
Speaker 2: It's a little high right now, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine. You have no reason to be anxious. You are in a safe Oh no, I'm not anxious. We're just having fun. Yeah, we are having a lot of fun. Oh my god, Okay, let's go, let's go back. So au DC I feel like we never talk about that. We never talk about it, but like we always talk about it, like we never actually get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually know each other from au DC. I don't know if a ton of people know that. We were on au DC First, which is Appy's Ultimate Dance Competition, and we basically lived together. Our rooms were like connecting, like.
Speaker 1: And we always just had the door open, like we.
Speaker 2: Never shut the door, even when we were going to sleep, we never shut shut the door.
Speaker 1: We're just all chill.
Speaker 2: Whenever Jojo walked I think I was in first, right, Yeah, I was in first and Jojo walked in and I told her that we're best friends, so our moms have to be best friends. And we told our moms that we're like.
Speaker 1: We're gonna best friend so you guys have to be best friend from the first day. And it was just like okay. And then I think that actually probably too helped our parents because they now being an adult, like, yeah, what would you do in that situation? So if to a picture of like we were both moms and then our two kids came up, Jo just like you do have to be friends, we'd be like, well, okay, I want your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also too, you didn't know a single person like when you oh, well you did, I knew one.
Speaker 1: I knew Kaylee mckaylee. But we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't know anybody. So like walking in, our parents also have no friends either. It's a very kind of lonely experience when you walk in, like that's so and it's so cutthroat.
Speaker 1: Everyone's there for one thing, and so it's even lonelier because you know, even if you become a family like with Special Forces, you know, we were all able to become a family because it was everyone leaves at their own will. But this is like someone's going home if you're not the best, and so it was super cutthroat, like you think someone's your friend and they're not, you know what I mean. But I think that was what was different about us, is like we truly were each other's friends. Yeah, Firse, nobody liked us. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Show we were the youngest and we were definitely like the most like crazy going.
Speaker 1: We were there for a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were having like a good time always and we.
Speaker 1: Were the age under tweenagers like you know what I mean, Like we were annoying once you hit thirteen and fourteen you want to be cool, And I think you were maybe eleven or twelve and I was nine, and so it was like, look a nine and twelve year old or nine and eleven year old are gonna be there for a good time. Yeah, we're just gonna laugh, they're gonna have fun, they're gonna play games, they're gonna be into toys. Still like yeah, but then the twelve and thirteen year old and the fourteen year old are too cool, you know. So I think we were able to really have each other and that was that was cool. Yeah, it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: I will never forget Whenever we walked in with our fake Levtons, we thought they.
Speaker 1: Were so cool. We bought fake Levetons and we walked in and we thought we were the shit.
Speaker 2: We were like, we had matching Leutonts and they were quite obviously fake.
Speaker 1: They did not look like a for sure. Oh, but everyone thought they were real. At least we thought they thought they were.
Speaker 2: Real at least so we thought we were like, yeah, we just got our new Louis, Like, we're so cool.
Speaker 1: I remember when we were like, we're gonna be insta famous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kept saying when we because that's when Instagram first became.
Speaker 1: It was when Instagram first started, and like the goal was to be insta famous and make it to the pop page. Yeah, I remember when you could get to the pop page and then like you when you were on the pop page and that people would screen shot if you're on their pop page. Like, remember was that?
Speaker 2: Remember when you told me that I was annoying?
Speaker 1: I would tell you that still today, Like I love you to death, but like, well you're annoying too. Yeah, that's why you're my sister.
Speaker 2: Literally, but that clip is just so funny because I forget what did you say?
Speaker 1: So there's this So what happened was Colonia got eliminated and then she got brought back the next day, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Which is the most traumatic, one of the most traumatic things of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't imagine. That was cannot imagine. They didn't what's the story. They didn't tell you that you were coming back, right, They were like, you're gonna come to your soul.
Speaker 2: So what it was is that Brian, our producer, Yeah, did not like my mom because my mom shocker shocker. He he loves my mom now, but she just didn't cause any drama.
Speaker 1: She wasn't very dramatic.
Speaker 2: And he loved me because I was a good dancer and Abby and Abby loved me god DC like I was Abby's everything you. Yeah, no, for sure, but just like especially then, so it didn't really cause me drama. It was like, Okay, Abby loves me, and my mom doesn't yell, so it was like, yeah, there's no story. I had no story. So Brian wanted to kick me off, and you could tell Abby was crying because she knew she had to kick me off, but.
Speaker 1: She obviously didn't want to.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to kick me off, and they wouldn't let her use I think this is what it was. They wouldn't let her use the callback card that night. That night she needed like she literally after the show, she was bawling to Brian, like bring her back?
Speaker 1: What can I do to bring her back?
Speaker 2: Like Colonie needs to be on the show, Like I remember hugging her, and she's like, I'm gonna see you again, like I'm gonna fight for you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went home.
Speaker 2: I wish she yeah, like she I mean, I always say that, I've said it a thousand times over. She is the reason that I have my career because she loved me so much and she fought for me because nobody else wanted me. There no producers, nobody behind the scenes, which those are the people.
Speaker 1: That control it, control their show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she really fought for me to be there. But they sent me to a hotel. So we fully packed up, went to a hotel, stayed at our hotel.
Speaker 1: Mind you, with au DC, they did not tell you how long you were going to be there for. It could be I think up to like ten weeks. Yeah, but it was like you could go home after they went. So it was packed clothes and dance wearing. You can't rewear anything, yeah, for twelve weeks or ten weeks. And so like you had, I mean we had suitcases, so much soul and then you bought shit too, and then like for our apartment, you had by cleaning supplies and you had to take all that, like I mean, it was a wreck.
Speaker 2: It was pretty crazy. But with a food truck, oh, we always had that food truck.
Speaker 1: It was really good. There was this breakfast food truck was so good tomatoes. Every day your mom would get a blt no like b no l like you're doing a tomatoes sandwich or something. So the French toast, my mom would always get French TOAs good, so good. I don't remember what I got back in the day, but I just like remember that being so it was so fun. It was so fun. Back to you.
Speaker 2: But we stay in a hotel and I remember bawling my eyeballs out all night because we think we're getting on a flight the next day. And you know how whenever you get kicked off, you do your interview right after you go to the hotel, you.
Speaker 1: Go home right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and my mom was like, I want to go home right now. So my mom was like, I'm gonna rent a car and we're going to go home. And they were like, no, you can't go home. You can't go home. They were like, we need you for interview in the morning, and we were like, oh, nobody does interviews in the morning.
Speaker 1: That's not a thing.
Speaker 2: So then we kind of were just like, what's going on, and this is really weird.
Speaker 1: This is really weird.
Speaker 2: And we did our interviews in the morning and they were like, we need you on stage and we were like what and why that's and you know, every time there was a callback card. It was used that night that night, Yeah, it wasn't used the next day. So then I came in and then I got the callback card the next day. But I'm pretty sure that's because Abby literally had a fight for me all night long.
Speaker 1: To the network. Actually, she probably had to go above Brian and go to the network. So long a story short, like the the production pyramid is like the cast, then the production, then the producers, then the network. So network always has final say yeah, but there's also such thing called the credential card. And I didn't learn about the credential card until I was on tour.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, And I was gonna say, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so my my tour manager actually taught me about it, and he was like, Jojo, your face is the one on the credential. You have the credential card. Whatever you say can go because we can do the show without anyone else, but we cannot do it without you. And so I think Abby kind of had to pull her credential card. It is her show. Is Abby's also Deal's conversation. Yeah, it's her name. If she says I am not showing up unless Colonie is back. They have to give her what she wants.
Speaker 2: It's called the credentials, which I wouldn't be shocked if, like that's literally what she did because she loved me so much and she wanted me there. Yeah, so then that's how I ended up coming back. But then now say the quote, so anyways, I'm back.
Speaker 1: So Colonie's back. She comes back in, and I was like so excited to let Colonie's back. I love her now, don't get me wrong. Honestly, she can kind of get really annoying, but I'm still cheesier something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, because we were like sisters, I would go in her room every single day, every single morning, every single.
Speaker 1: Morning, and I would sit on her feet, stood on my feet. She would steal my blanket, yeah, and like try to wake her up. She would try to wake me up. She would talk to my mom and I would just like no, I was not never having it. But she was like a sister to me, and you still are like a sister for me. We were feeling the dance Mom's reunion and this was the funniest moment to me. Kendall sat in my chair because we were taking a break and I think Jill came in and sat in Kendle's chairs, and Kendle sat in my chair, and I sat in Colonnie's chair because Colonie was using the mushroom. Colonnie comes back and how she's walking back. She gets about ten steps away. I get up out of her chair and I turn around someway she can sit in her chair. She just walks in.
Speaker 2: And said I didn't even like I wasn't even like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: She just like got up and I just like.
Speaker 2: Sat down and got my phone.
Speaker 1: She'd get you a thing twice and I just was like, oh my hell, like I am the little sister. It's like my little sister, because I know if I was sitting there, You're like get out of my chair. Yeah, So I just got up immediately.
Speaker 2: I like looked at you and just gave you like the death there, and you would.
Speaker 1: Have just like gotten up. Yeah, So she got up.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we didn't have to deal with the all that thank you.
Speaker 1: I was talking to my gro group Kalani's gonna do my gro group XOMG Pops podcast later today. I'm not sure. I'm sure it's gonna be actually released by the time this is released, so go listen to that. My gro group Xomji Pop. They have their own podcast. It is adorable. Anyways, Kalani is gonna be You're gonna be their first guest. Actually, oh my god. Sure. So they were chatting yesterday about, you know, how they're gonna rearrange a set for you to be in there, like they're they're so excited to have you. But I told them, I was like, you're gonna be able to have a fun talk with her because how I'm your guys's older sister. I'm her younger sister. Yeah, but I was like, we're gonna have y'all will be able to have like a fun dynamic because we really do have that for sure, sister like bond.
Speaker 2: No, I'm excited to meet them because I teach dance now and all my little girls, they were like Xomegi Pop for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Stop. They're like obsessed. Stop.
Speaker 2: So they're all gonna love that I'm doing this. They all love you, but they love Xomegi Pop too. You know, you know you're not older, so that's like the six seven year olds are obsessed with that.
Speaker 1: I freaking love it. So my gratitude alarmful. For right now. I'm grateful for you right now.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful for you right now because we don't get to spend this much time together.
Speaker 1: So I need to come.
Speaker 2: I need to start coming to La more and just like stay with you.
Speaker 1: Just just like once, so we usually been here, We got the jojo beds, perfect, can't wait. This is exactly my vibe. Yeah, there's nothing to like about Colonia and I is. We were polar opposites, couldn't be any more opposite, but it just works. And like I even noticed, like I noticed, I noticed this when the reunion, right, I noticed that, like you, this is I think this will really put into perspective our relationship for people. And then we'll get into more of your life and dance moms in your life now and care about Lauia. We'll get into all the things. But I really want people to understand our dynamic. We're doing the Dance Momster union and I feel like you are friends with everybody, right, Like if everyone's hanging out and I'm over somewhere, like you will hang out with everybody, right, and like that's your vibe. You'll be chill with everybody, You'll hang out, You'll be you'll be fun friends whatever, but then when it comes time for you to like need someone, I'm your need someone personally, you know what I mean, even like on the show, like you would always hang out with Maddie with Kindle and like, but then I remember, like when you would need someone, they were never your I need someone, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't does that make sense? Like I think it's just our personalities. You're fine with like being by yourself. I don't know how to explain it. And I'm just like everybody person. I feel like I talk to everybody. I like to be friends with everybody. But when it comes down to the end of it, I'm like Jojo, I got you. We just have like some sort of connection, even with your mom too. I know your mom, like you know how like.
Speaker 1: You like don't hang out with your mom, but then when you need someone, you go to your mom, and you know your mom has you. Yeah, That's how our relationship is. It's like, no, we don't need to hang out. We don't even but like if I need someone, you are my phone.
Speaker 2: Especially even just in life, Like I feel like we could not talk for two years, but it's like as soon as we see each other, it's like, okay, nothing nothing changes.
Speaker 1: It's like back to normal, back to normal. Were the same humans we always were, like we know each other, we got each other. Oh, Kilani, I just love you, I really do. I just apore to you. We're on Dance Moms. You're living your life when you're on Dance Moms. When I just say, dance Moms, what's your like? Where does your mind go? But what's what's give me? Like? Give me Kilane.
Speaker 2: In Dance Moms, I would say I definitely was a favorite. Yeah, so I will. I would say I was a favorite. Obviously drama, but ultimately just a ton of fun in my childhood. That's how I like to explain it. I think that we don't give it enough credit of being so much fun, and I wish sometimes I would have appreciated it it's had been more when I was in it, because I just don't think that I even at the moment, which also I think makes it what it is. But even at the moment, I just didn't understand, like how massive it was, Yeah, how massive it was.
Speaker 1: Sometimes projects are better when you don't know, because then you don't put the pressure on yourself to make it big, Like I'm I'm in the start of this massive project right now. I kind of told you all about it the other day. Yeah, and like truthfully, like I don't really know much about it. I've never seen the movie that it's based on. Yeah, Like, but maybe that's better because then I'm going into it. About that pressure, I'm like it has to live up to this.
Speaker 2: I think that that's what Dance Pumps was is we didn't give ourselves the pressure to be this big show. It's almost like low key most of us didn't care.
Speaker 1: No quite actually, like we were just like actually there competing every single week and cameras were following us like it wasn't all it was. It was never like we were doing that for the show. It was like even if the cameras were to cut, like I feel like we still would have been doing that. Like no, literally crazy, we were just so much. We are so ourselves I feel as the girl, and it was so real it was it couldn't. I don't know why people always are like it's scripted. I'm like, it's not. You have literally how you can't even write the stuff back empty chair to a solo, no one.
Speaker 2: Want to thought about that's literally the things that people say are real.
Speaker 1: Get your figure out of my face, girls out the room. Girl that never a writer is not that smart to think of that just can.
Speaker 2: Mean people need to know that every show has somewhat of a production, because sure you can't just throw people in a room and be like, okay make TV. Yeah, no, there have to be you know, or if somebody hears something, be like, okay, bring that back up again.
Speaker 1: And the things dance Forms too, is that yes, not scripted. They would they would have their week lined up. You know, every every reality show has their week lined up. But it will say, Dance Worms is really good at just going with it. If we started like the week that I had to do it with Kindle is a perfect example. All the sudden, Kindle doesn't want to do the jojo do the duo with jojo.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical. Why did she want to do the doing with you?
Speaker 1: Because she wanted to do with Maddie. Oh it was like she she was very pissed and Maddie was just doing I think it was when she was doing Austin and Alley or something. She was gone. Whenever she was she was going to be back for the competition. She was just gonna have to learn it on Friday, which Maddie could have done easily, of course, but I was just filling in for her. And then Kendall was like, but I don't even want to learn it with Jojo, Like the part of the fun of a duo was like learning.
Speaker 2: I'm actually so sad we never had a duo on dance moment.
Speaker 1: It's a rip off. We at least got our do.
Speaker 2: On a Yeah, we we only had one duo. It was so funny. They just never put us together. No, but we were best friends.
Speaker 1: We were best but they would never put us together. But maybe it's because they knew that, Like it would have caused nothing and.
Speaker 2: Would have caused nothing. There was nothing between us, like our moms loved each other. Yeah, they only occasionally ever fought, and it wasn't really it was just more like we're they would let something bug them that they would normally not even give a shit about it.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it wasn't our parents.
Speaker 2: Fights weren't meaning yeahful fights. But we had one one duo on au DC and it was the Vampire One and it was so iconic.
Speaker 1: It's so iconic, and I feel like people.
Speaker 2: Don't even know about it, and it makes me really sad because that's our only jo together.
Speaker 1: Ana's iconic. It was so good and it was choreographed by such an iconic choreographer. Is amazing. I mean, she's done everything in the world. She's she's a billion of the dances on so you think you can dance? She should a bunch of for Bieber just on his last tour. I mean, Cassandra is a legendary chographer. Incredible, Like thinking about the fact that we got to work with her when we were nine.
Speaker 2: And like what, no, seriously why And her being on aa DC is also just like the most insane thing when she is just a.
Speaker 1: Massive, massive massgrifer. Do you know who else did choreography? He did the Cowboy group dance. Victor Rojas is his name, and he's like a top dog Gaga dancer. He's been her dancer for like, oh yeah, I love Victor yea yeah. Like the fact that he did the group dance. No, it's crazy, Like do you remember too when he used to run the dance and then he'd be like, all right, let me watch it, and he'd like close his eyes. He wouldn't watch Richie does that really? So when Richie he raps for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we worked with so many iconic people on the show, and I don't even think that at the time we realized it. That's going back to just like being a kid, and we were so real It's like now you look back at it and it's like, what, how did we even get the opportunities to work with the people that we worked with.
Speaker 1: It's and we didn't even know. No, we had no clue. We didn't even know how big of a deal to sign it was. We had no clue. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I worked with her a lot though, with like when as I got older in the dance world, and I would assist her all the time. She did a bunch of dances when we did the Irreplaceable tour, she did some of our dances for that. Me and Kendall had a really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Duo that she did. She's so good. I love her. Yeah, she's so good. Okay, we got to go back because we jumped right ahead to dance homes. But pov I at this point am like six years old and I'm one my favorite TV show and it's like, look, you can be on our TV show, Oh You Gotta to Do is submitted dance video. I submitted dance video. I'm Jonah exactly what I am in Nebraska. I am six years old and I am a star. I do a dance and it is so bad. All of a sudden, I see there was a winner already of this TV show. This TV show is Shake it Up. And guess who the freaking winner of Disney's Shake it Up Make Your Mark competition was the very first year. You me, no, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know that I fully had like a dance career crazy before I did dance.
Speaker 1: Mom, because you did bun Heads.
Speaker 2: I did bun Heads.
Speaker 1: I did Shake it Up.
Speaker 2: I did some other things I can't even remember off the top of my head. But that was like an ABC Family show, big show. I worked with Marguerite Derek's huge choreographer. Yeah, someone like amazing. This was no that was a Bunheads. But on Make Your Mark, like my judges were Sean Kingston, Selena Gomez. I was with every Disney star possible when I did Shake it Up, and that's insane. I was nine then, But do you know how big of a deal Making Mark was like it was huge and it's just funny because we didn't know each other at the point, and I won that crazy.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. A lot of people don't know that either. They'll go back and they'll be like, wait, that's and then the next year another little girl group duo from your studio.
Speaker 2: Once again, and like everybody thought I was rigged and it really was.
Speaker 1: It really wasn't. They were just cute and they were good and they had it together.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are my real dance studio that I grew up at?
Speaker 1: Really? Oh my god, so good. I feel like y'all were like, how Utah is now? That was the original club dance Like crazy, so good.
Speaker 2: We won so many things. We did so many things, like we had another group to America's got talent like we did. We were very much so little fresh they were so cute.
Speaker 1: It was so hard. When Brnn first came to Dance Moms, me did not fan grow over her because I loved fresh faces. I really loved fresh faces, and a lot of people know like Brin was from my studio. We were on the show.
Speaker 2: Like there's a lot that's like cross connecting things that happened throughout d Smith.
Speaker 1: You know you know, and if you don't know, it's not even worth catching you up because.
Speaker 2: There's just you just have and you're just such a big fan of everything, literally everything that you knew, everything I knew.
Speaker 1: Think about me is I'm not ashamed of my like fan girl status, Like no shame in hiding it. Literally watched dance Woms every single day. I'm getting ready to do the David o Brick Dancewoms or what's up moms? Like that's all I watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan girl too. I think in different things of Tyler Cameron. We know Tyler just like really trying here, you got.
Speaker 1: No, You're really trying. I know.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't really been trying because you're like come up, You'll be like get here right now, and I'll be like I tell her.
Speaker 1: I'm like Tyler's coming over tonight. We're having to watch party. I'm just always messing with her, like I love you. But my best two friends could never no, no, I would never allow it. I would lose my mind. What happens if something was to happening, what happened? I'm chill, but like what would happen?
Speaker 2: Like me I'm like already, like going into it, nothing would happened.
Speaker 1: I'm chill. You're you're not only planning your relationship, you're planning your breakup.
Speaker 2: Now we haven't even got to the relationship part, but I'm planning the breakup after.
Speaker 1: Like I everything will be fine. Y'all are both my family now? Like I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, that's amazing, and then we can all actually be family.
Speaker 1: It'd be great. Okay. Then can I marry you? Yes? I want the La Klan's gonna marry me so you can have a labor. Okay. This actually this leads me into my next topic. So obviously we need to clarify this before we get into this subject because I know people are gonna take clips of this and they are gonna shimmey it and sham it and twist it and turn it and make it whatever it is. But we're about to get controversial here. The world thinks I have the biggest crush on you, Glani. I love you with my whole heart. You're my sister, who are one of the hottest women in the world. I see your pictures and I'm like, yes, bitch, you better work. You could not be further from my type. I know what, I'm kind of sad about feminine. You're short, Yeah, I I that's honestly, that's it, like your personalities to the nines. But like I think you, I don't. I don't. Feminine is just not my vibe. And I really like someone that's taller than me. I am a firm believer and like your personal be your person, Like you're not my person. I've known you my person. Yeah, you're not my type either. Dang it.
Speaker 2: Those but those clips make me laugh so hard. Also just because people trying to think that, like you see your say, have a crush on me, you don't. Literally, I kind of hang out with you the way we hang out if you actually crash.
Speaker 1: Actually did, but it is funny. I will say, Okay, take us out of the situation. Okay, we don't know each other. We don't know ourselves like we are. We've never met each other. Watching the clips from Dance Moms, watching the I actually have a video edit that we're going to react to for a TikTok later if you're down, because it's just hilarious seeing the picture from the team or I'm staring at you like you actually like, I understand why the rumor started, like it so looks like it and it's so many funny.
Speaker 2: So May and my friends sent it to me and were like, does she really have a crush And You'm like, no, she's literally my sister. I don't know how to explain it. We could never be in that sort of a relationship. We're just not, like absolutely not like I would lick the ground you walked on if you told me to, but I would.
Speaker 1: No, no, I can't. I can't even talk about it anyway. It's getting so far where I'm like, Okay, we gotta we gotta wrap up this conversation. But it is just so funny. So I just want to know when the rumor, Like when you first saw the TikTok? What did? What did you think? I'm talking like the iconic, iconic one where you're like, oh, look at myself with this when I'm just giving you all the stares. I'm literally watching you do your dance, but people think I'm checking you out, but always You're like, I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, it's funny. I didn't really think you liked me because I'm so close with you and I just never have thought of you like that. So I just thought it was funny and we kind of played and do it, and I think that that's all I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's so weird, Like I don't know, I don't like get like that either, though I'd be flattered if you.
Speaker 1: Did like me, because I want your lambeau.
Speaker 2: Okay, actually, one time you told me you'd buy me a car, and I think you forgot about that.
Speaker 1: I think it'll make you yourself. I literally don't remember that, and I remember almost everything I know you did. Did I I mean it sounds like something I would say, Okay, maybe one day. Did you ever say the thing that my brother commented on my April Fool's post, I made like an edit of me with like a secret girlfriend. It was literally it was my brother's girlfriend that I made me in the video okay, holding my hand. Obviously, I'm I'm as single as can be. I wish I wasn't as single as can be. I'm very single right now, single as can be. But my brother was like, can I comment on it? So happy for you and Klaunie, and I was like, fucking, it's April Fools. That is so funny, so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I should have been like, I love you baby, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: It's just like this happened to me and my gay best friend. People thought we were hooking up, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, no, it would actually be really funny though if we did, like end up dating like from the show, we're not going.
Speaker 1: To do I know, but like that would have been hysterically imagine if it was real. No, Like that would have been really fun I imagine if you would have gotten the text for me or the call for me. I was like, hey, so there's this room going around and I just really need to be I need to confess. I need to confess. I gotta I gotta just be honest. I had.
Speaker 2: I had a boyfriend at the time too. My boyfriend was like, that's actually really funny. He was like, because like I'm with you, but like it was really funny.
Speaker 1: So obvious if you know us, But if you don't, and you just see those clips like I do, I do see where the world's coming from, and it's it's honestly on the.
Speaker 2: Show, we weren't super close, like during Dance Moms, I'm so older.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying like you would hang out with the cool kids. I was not a good when I came to dance, and I was just like the oldest too. You're the oldest. You were the vibeest. But then like again, if you needed somebody, oh it's it's Jojo, I know where you were going. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like our like age gap at that point.
Speaker 1: Was just the awkwarding. It was like the awkward fifteen or ten to fourteen or eleven fourteen whatever, you.
Speaker 2: Are still really young, and I was like the oldest one and I was hanging out like I feel like I was like closest with like Maddie and like we're cool.
Speaker 1: You were Yeah you were wearing Brandy Mailville and yeah, I literally and I was like I want to go to justice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just were in like different People forget that. It was like actually our childhood too. That I think a lot of people forget that that.
Speaker 1: It's like, imagine what.
Speaker 2: You went through in your childhood. We were just kids and it was just put on TV.
Speaker 1: The public for the Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think it's so funny when people like pen us against each other, like so and so is so mean. You have to like you have to remember we were.
Speaker 1: We were children, literally twelve like babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, think about what your childhood was like, that's what ours was, just just so public.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, So now, I mean I feel like we've gotten a lot of dance Mom's chat, and we got the reunion coming up where people are going to get even more dance Moms chat. You've done so many incredible things post Dance Moms. I've loved watching you. I've loved watching everyone's journey post Dance Moms. But I've just I love seeing you go on all your brand deal trips and I'm just like you better work, Colone like you you got it. You're doing the dang thing. You become an older sister, which again, I mean you have two little brothers and now you have a little sister, which is I mean, I just I love following along with you, like personally because I love and adore you so much, but to see to see you like doing what you've always wanted to be doing is just so cool. But something that is new for you and that I am so proud of you forre because stuff like this takes so much work. Is care by Colonie. Yeah, give me the rundown, Give Me how it started, Give me it All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So my brand, it's only maybe six seven months old right now.
Speaker 1: That bag.
Speaker 2: It is a care by Klawonnie, and it is a I'm a very big mental health advocate.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, from being on the show to even now, the things that I've gone through personally that I try to open up with, but I don't share too much, just because there's obviously a lot of things that are personal to me. But that was the whole point of why I wanted to start Care by Claudiates a self care brand, and I think that that's something that I really got into post show. On the show, I feel like I was very emotionless. If you go back and watch episodes, and I've gone and like watched episodes, I was just the oldest. I really feel like I took care of everybody and you were just you were there to dance. You weren't there to express feeling, express emotion. You were just there to dance. And at the time that was good. But now looking back in hindsight, you're like, oh, no, maybe I did need to feel things.
Speaker 2: No for sure, and I let so much bottle up that after the show, I went through one of the hardest parts of my life where I was just having panic attacks every day, anxious every day, and I didn't know why. And it was more or less just because I bottled everything up from when I was a kid and I never expressed it. And you know my mom too, she's not really like a very emotionally person.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know, she's not an emotional animal. She's like a fun puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's not someone that I felt like, not in a bad way.
Speaker 1: But I can, especially with you. Your mom was a very young mom, and she's been open about that, and so I think now with her kids, she might have a bit different of a relationship her younger kids. But you and your mom are close in age, and so we are.
Speaker 2: Basically just growing up together exactly, going through Yeah. And I feel like also, all a lot of the other kids on the show, their moms were older or had like older siblings, so when they had gone through things before, I was my mom's first, like, so we were just going through everything together so fresh and new, which every single person was. But I don't know, I just didn't express my emotion at time. So once I got off the show. I just was going through anxiety and panic attacks, and I was living by myself, and I was living in La alone, and COVID was happening, and there were so many new things that I really wanted to be a mental health advocate to people, and that was the whole point of starting my brand. So she's new and she's self care. Actually, I was just thinking this. You left yesterday on set, but I gave everybody packages back. Everybody stall the stuff. But I have your address, now, you have where I live.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to be sent it to you. I'm also all buy it. You don't have to send it. I want to support Please do will I will one hundred percent. I will write after this, you know I I'll send you. Has it been fun? Has it been fun to do? Because I think one of the coolest things you can do is take one of your struggles and make it something that you are proud of. And I feel like that's kind of care by Colonnie kind of gave you the outlet of you have recently, I mean literally, as of three days ago, started to be open about some of your very very serious struggles. But I think for the longest time you've been open about just your struggles in general. H And I think this now care bout Keloonie gives you a place to take those struggles and do good with them and help others. So does it? Does it feel good? Is it tough? I mean, do you? I don't know? Would you?
Speaker 2: I always say that I wanted whenever I started a brand or whenever I started something, I wanted it to be meaningful to me and to be able to help others. I didn't want to just start something to make money. I wanted because I feel like that's something that a lot of people just do it this which I totally understand too.
Speaker 1: And the success financially will only come if it's something that has the longevity, and it has a longevity if it's something that you truly are passionate exactly. And so that was the whole reason of starting the brand.
Speaker 2: And I feel like having a genuine outlook and like being genuine about what I'm creating, you know, makes it makes it better. You know, I'm not just in it for the money. I like genuinely want to help people, Like that's what I try to do. I genuinely try to help people and help people understand what's going on. I do think that it's hard sometimes just because people look at you and think there's no way you have anxiety. You have this perfect life, and I'm like, absolutely not. You know what we were talking about on the reunion, And it's just I really wanted to start something that was meaningful to me. But in my brand, I'm going to start just like I wanted it to be very also vague, because I self care can mean anything. Like a form of self care for me is dance. I love to dance. I love to teach dance. And during those times where I was really really bad and really anxious, I took dance out of my life because I think I was so just over it.
Speaker 1: And I think you may have thought too, that was the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I did. And I just recently, maybe in the past two years, have started teaching and dancing more and it's something that I find such a Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love to dance. I'm like, you dance a lot now too. Anytime I'm going through something hard now I reach for dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like if I'm just like chilling, like I reach right now. I'm into the drums like that it's like what I reach for. But when I am like, I need to like get emotion out dance yeah instantly. So I've been teaching dance now too, and I want to create so many different things for my brand. I want to go into like skincare, I want to go into like dance where maybe like things. So if you can make something that can relate into that somehow, yeah, I have to think about that. Socks. If you do socks, I can wear the socks for in pilate sometimes. I love, I love I do make pilate socks. Let's do it. Yeah, yeah, I'm there's just with my brand.
Speaker 2: I just want to help outlets and I want to create so many things beyond what I even have started. So that was just the point of the brand, and I love it. I think it's a fun venture to have to just outside of everything that I've done. It's something that I'm passionate about and it means a lot to me. So that's why I started care and then I teach chance and those I feel like are my two major things that I work.
Speaker 1: On the most. I love it. They keep you, they keep you saying, yeah, keep you sane. Yep. Where can people where can people buy care by Flani? You can buy it at care dot shop care, dot shop care with a K, Care with a KK a r E. Yeah, care, dot shop care with the K, Care with the K. She's care with the K.
Speaker 2: So many play on words here, but yes, you.
Speaker 1: Said something too about like how people I don't want to wrap it up soon, but you said something about how people you know look at you and think like, oh, you have this perfect life. Oh you're beautiful, Oh you you're a great dancer, you're talented. But sometimes some of the happiest people that you see are the people that are struggling the most. And so I think that's just something to keep an eye out for for everyone in the world. Keep an eye on your friends.
Speaker 2: And and especially the people that don't talk about it the most. Yep, because I'm not on.
Speaker 1: Those people that are there for everyone else. Yeah, sometimes they need someone to be there for them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that, you know, depression, anxiety, all these mental health problems that people have come in so many different shapes and sizes, and then it all goes back for me at least, like be nice on social media, because I feel like a lot of times that has been something that has hurt me, and I'm sure that you've gone through you have thick skin now, but it's so hard. Yeah, and I think it could happen to anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's so tough. Social media is so tough, and no one's gonna straight up be like, hey, I'm struggling with my mental health right now, because.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest thing to do. I've done it before. Ask you don't even you don't even know how much it took me to do it.
Speaker 1: So I think that that's why I'm also such a big advocate, because I've been able to get over that hump.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I always try to tell people just to be kind to others because it's you never know what somebody's.
Speaker 1: Going through, and if you're struggling, getting over that hump is the hardest thing, but it is worth it to get over that. Yeah, It's okay to ask for help. It is better to ask for help than it is to not. I agreed. Ninety nine point nine percent of problems can be worked through, but one percent of problems can get worked through with no help. A lot of problems need help, whether that's from a family, whether that's from a friend or whether that's from a professional. Don't be scared of help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be scared of help. And I think you know, I have a good support system. Find the people that love you and care about you, and just try to keep your life positive. And I feel like that that's helped me so much.
Speaker 1: I mean for me.
Speaker 2: You know that I moved back. I moved back to Scottsdale.
Speaker 1: I was in LA. You're the best. Sorry, this is such a sun note. You have the best coffee shop in Scottsdale. What's it called? Something? Elephant? Black something something blackrock? Blackrock?
Speaker 2: Where did elephant come from?
Speaker 1: Because here we have black elephant. Oh, okay, blackrock. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I get that almost every day before I get teach chance. So the banana chocolate one from there, I'll have to give that a try.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a it's a like a protein shaker, isn't it.
Speaker 1: No, it's a coffee, but it's coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna have to un I'm gonna have to give.
Speaker 1: That a try. Ala, it's my favorite. Do love Alfreds. I love Priscilla's too. Here and find out the holiday drinks are out like, I know what Christmas drinks are out right now, Merry freaking Christmas the season. What's on your holiday list? Like? I want a boyfriend, saying a girlfriend and care bye, Coloni.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get you care by Colonie. I'll give you everything in every color because you make a favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go order it, don't send it. I'm gonna order very kind of you, y'all. Thank you for joining this Jojosa Now. I hope you guys enjoyed poor usual. If you like to give a good review. Clonie, I love you. Thank you for being here. Everyone follow Colonia? Where can everyone follow you? Just Colonie Hillocker, Klonia Hillocker. Follow her around, y'all and I'll see you soon. Peace bye. Thank you so much for listening, everybody. Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Jojosua Now podcast. Be sure to write us a review and maybe, if you're feeling to leave us five stars. I'll see you next week.