Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of I'm not sleep Trend, I'm meditate trend.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You're sleeping part neither man. Oh wow, we'll get working. Bro, you're audibly farting.
Speaker 1: Dude, you yourself up with a fart and then ran out of the room because I'm doing ventriloquism.
Speaker 2: I'm practicing my ventriloquism. All right, man, nobody talks out their butt like this. That's what you're mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I am Jack.
Speaker 1: That is Miles and he imagined and he's back and he's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back from the East coast sojourn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back back in the saddle. And here's some things that are trending dating apps. There is this I don't know was it like a Ted talk. It was like a panel of some sort where a bump where the Bumble founder was like, you thought just AI companies were full of shit, Well, yeah, we can be full of shit about AI.
Speaker 3: Also, it was.
Speaker 2: At a Bloomberg Tech coach.
Speaker 3: Okay, never mind.
Speaker 1: Everything that happens at a place like that, it's gotta Bloomberg Tech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Bloomberg Tech.
Speaker 2: That's where the fucking that's where the greatest minds come together. But this one, uh specifically, people were talking about Bumble founder Whitney Wolf heard UH and her really interesting take and like, actually, AI is like going to be sick for dating apps spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to be.
Speaker 1: But anyway, let's let her tell it. You mean a pack, Wolf heard, They're not called a herd.
Speaker 2: I know, I was gonna. I was thinking of a joke about that, and I was like, hmmm, I don't know where to go with it, but that was better.
Speaker 4: Our focus with AI is to help create more healthy and equitable relationships, and that also starts with yourself. How can we actually teach you how to date? How can we help you show.
Speaker 3: Up in about how give me an example?
Speaker 4: Okay, so, for example, you could in the near future be talking to your AI dating cossier and you could share your insecurities. I just came out of a breakup, I've commitment issues, and it could help you train yourself into a better way of thinking about yourself, and then it could give you productive tips for communicating with other people.
Speaker 2: I'm just to pause that there. I believe you're describing therapy right, just the AI is the feed care like this is some new shit.
Speaker 5: You'll share with your AI concierge your insecurities, and then the concierge will share with you better fucking strategies and tools to communicate.
Speaker 2: I finished. I'm sorry, Whitney, Please finish your idea.
Speaker 4: If you want to get really out there, there is a world where your dating concierge could go and date for you with other dating concierge No, no, truly talk to six hundred people, no else, and all San Francisco for you, say these are the three people you really ought to meet.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, it will scan all of sam That sounds so funny, fucking cool. Actually dating concierge scan all of this gigantic city, and I guess there's of those you're saying, whatever, Look all that decay are.
Speaker 1: Going to be three people that fit my needs and bumble is going to know what my needs are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's already plenty of debate acknowledgment of how algorithms are not infallible and in most cases perpetuate some kind of bias, whether it's like racial or socioeconomic bias, like they're not there's they're far from fucking perfect, and we already live in a world where most people don't look past their own biases, and the idea that AI will stream things is just fucking goofy as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, based on my understanding of like how algorithms generally like sort things by preference, there's going to be like five people who are like overwhelmed by one thousand incoming requests right right, Like the all Internet like attention gets sorted to like these massive like super powered uh you know people who get like algorithmic attention and yeah, so then they'll just counteract that by arbitrarily spreading it out in a way that is in no way better than just using your eyes and brain to see if someone is interesting to you. But it's just it's so interesting that these people just anybody with like founder in their name or you know, like anybody.
Speaker 2: Say something about AI and it can't be. I think this shit is fucking for the birds. It's got to be like it'll actually help. And look, I get that, like an intelligent quote assistant that like gets you that will be able to comb through a bunch of profiles like that. Maybe there's an appeal to something like that, but that's sort of like again, it's only going to narrow the kind of people that you're shown. Yeah, and it's just going to increase, like some form of discrimination based on data like income. And I look, I'm I've never used a dating app, like I know, a lot of the shits came out in twenty twelve. I was still doing IRL shit, so I met her majesty. So I'm not going to act like I know how to use them. But as someone that has plenty of experience i r L dating, I can tell you that the best relationships have been the ones where you aren't just fucking your mirror image and you get someone that like challenges you and makes you look at the world in new ways, like we're e've been like you know, honestly, on paper, I would maybe not be dating this person. And there's it's because they some people inspire growth in us.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how that does that, but yeah, tell tell tell the people that bumble AI what your deepest insecurities are, so then they can use that for more marketing.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: Probably I actually see a future where we don't even bother dating. We're just like doing arranged marriages based on arrangements made by our algorithmic AI dating concierges, and they just set up the wedding. We don't have to do anything. We're just like wheeled in by our algorithmic wheelchair buddies who take us.
Speaker 3: Around Intrix battery pods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we just like wake up and we're like, oh, I'm married, I'm at my wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it says a lot too, Just like when do you see ideas like this be thrown around seriously because clearly they're they're looking at data. I mean, like I think people would like love it if we took all this work out of it for them, or maybe, like I mean I know people who are crushing the apps constantly and have had not great results. I know people who have been married based off of someone they met like on an app.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough, but yeah, it's not any doubt, a lot of work, no doubt, Like there are probably ways that programming can be used to you know, cut down or like do a better job of sorting through it for you. But there's like a part of the world that are just like so intrigued by this idea of like and AI is going to come and be like people, but they're not people, so we can just make them do all the work for us, right, and that work includes fucking me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kevin Ruth, the New York Times reporter, one of our favorites. He wrote that thing where like the bing like not even like one of the good chat buddies, like one of you know, chat Yeah. I don't think it was like a chat GPT level. I think it was a less advanced version. But he was like, oh my god, this thing wants me to leave my wife.
Speaker 3: Like it's like.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, So that guy wrote a thing. New York Times was like immediately like, well, we got to get his take on the new her chat GPT like update where they just gave chat GPT Scarlett Johansson's voice and like had it start using filler words, so chat GPT will now be to say things.
Speaker 3: Like like yeah, well that's an interesting question actually, like and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, god, like I'm going to her hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he wrote this review of the announcement where he was like, it's really wild to me, like the people at chat GPT talk to chat GPT like it's a person in this promotional video, just complete gullibility. It's everybody's every exactly, everybody's approaching it like the Okay, I guess we're I guess this is the future.
Speaker 2: Now you're watching an ad. Dude, are you for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: He was unable to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like in this ad, the people behave the way that they want us to believe that we're going to behave with this product.
Speaker 2: I got another spoiler for you, ruse, don't go to Subway because the sandwiches don't look like how they do on the ads outside the store.
Speaker 1: Or they had this thing that was kind of amazing to me. They were like so excited about the deal that they were like singing this five five Like it was almost like their spirit was taken over by the you know, value of this deal.
Speaker 2: God, I'm just gonna pivot to doing like these like really ignorant like reviews of tech stuff to be like, oh my gosh, dude, like I can't believe, like it's like a person, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean exactly, just it's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I replaced my wife with this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying that like Samsung dunked on Apple with like a response to the Crush commercial, like Apple crushed all the paint and stuff and then like the iPad was left.
Speaker 2: Tools of the artist Jack.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so uh, Samsung came back and like just had a artists like walk through the rubble the remains following the Crush commercial and pick up a broken guitar and start playing it. And it's like very creative and cool and like you can just like feel how creative it is.
Speaker 2: Creative it is just strumming a couple chords. I mean, it's like we're in the era of like just uh like clapping back to on this scale. Like used to it used to be like a Twitter account would be like, oh can you believe this thing? But now we're like doing full on like send ups with just fully produced commercials. I mean I'm sure like with Samsung too, like they're obviously competing with Apple to get more market share, so this probably felt like the thing and I'm like, uh yeah, okay, sure, I mean I gat I guess though too. Since Apple like actually apologized for that earlier, they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, we really got to go definitely well for sure. And don't get me wrong, I mean I used to write some pretty violent slash raunchy slash fic about the Mac versus PC commercials starting. But yeah, so I mean I have a rooting interest here and that they just like get it over with and fuck each other already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The ad ended with like the Samsung logo and just said creativity cannot be crushed.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a calculation of the outrage that people were directing at the ad. It's not like everyone was like, and now I'm open to another brand. It's like, no, people who are into Apple shit are not going to be turned off by the fucking the shittiness of the ad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think, hey, here we are really try Hey Samsung, let me see let me try it into marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me try it out. Maybe maybe you can. I don't even have an iPad, but I'll be in the market for a Samsung tablet.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And meditation, meditation, and meditation is on everyone's mind for the first time in Mega circles.
Speaker 3: Is the first they've heard of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for real, Jesse, waters still, waters run deep, is my nickname for him because he we we do we are in a meditation circle together. Oh wow, he's just like a really deep spirit, a really old soul.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just about being still really when you really think about it, that's that's how you do this. But yeah, look they're the hush money trial is still going on, and I'm like, wake me up when there's Josh money.
Speaker 1: Yeah if there ain't trying to make that young money thing work and I've tried it on like three different things to no avail. Yeah yeah, well look keep trying, man, We're going to keep going push it beyond the edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the latest from the hush my trial again, Michael Cohen is on the stand. Whatever that there's nothing really new to add to this. But the one part that is interesting is how the like the reports of how Donald Trump is falling asleep at the trial is like the right is constantly trying to maneuver around that and be like, no, you're fucking lying, or now we have our latest defense and this is from Jesse Waters. Dude, he's fucking meditating, although he says it with his shit eating grin, but then it sounds like it gets more seriously as he keeps talking about it.
Speaker 6: And the other woman I forget who it was, No, the guy that said the guy's sleeping, he's meditating, Greg, Yes, he's in a meditative state. And when you're when you're defensive about something, you avoid something. Trump's not defensive of being old and tired.
Speaker 2: He can shut his eyes.
Speaker 6: And not feel bad about it, like sleepy Joe.
Speaker 3: What he and not feel bad about it.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's just like an alpha male who like is not a shade afraid of falling asleep. Right, yeah, oh right, because he's so fucking tough that he doesn't have to worry about allegations of being a sleepy boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, he's so full of vitality and all that he doesn't have to even worry about that.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The idea of Trump, like Trump thinks exercise is like, you know, weak, He's like, would you do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Genetically perfect because in his yeah, in his world his mind, if you don't have to do anything to improve yourself, it's because you're perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or the idea that he has even like ever tried to meditate or thought about meditating is amazing to me. I love that they're going to to those links to justify right his behavior.
Speaker 2: The debates are probably going to be Biden and Trump arguing about who's more sleepy. I feel like, is what this Like I done? Jack, Like, okay, sure, and he's like, I'm meditating. That's what I've actually been doing. And he's so sleepy over there. Look at him.
Speaker 3: Look at him.
Speaker 1: He just fell asleep and he did fall. Then you cut back to Trump and he's asleep.
Speaker 2: No I'm not, You're asleep, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyways, I think this is a good strategy. I think it will will work well with the mega folks. Uh, he's in a deep meditative state.
Speaker 2: Well, they've already even like taken the power back from the diapers thing, you know what I mean, where everyone's like real men wear diapers. That's like the new right wing thing. And like there's like people now wearing diapers outside like the courthouse or rallies and like, yeah, man, real men.
Speaker 1: It's like, sure, fascists, it is pretty we're pretty close to that one, like just and fully emblazoned on shore there. I think real manner fascist is essentially the Republican.
Speaker 2: We're gonna but like they're gonna just do it like the quiet Apart on a T shirt and flax soon.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, it is kind of weird, Brian the editors pointing out it's weird that it seems like the argument is coming down to who's more woke at this point between Trump and I'm more awake.
Speaker 2: I know, He's like, I'm actually the wokesst a woke. So hm hm take that.
Speaker 3: Think about that, bitch, Benifer.
Speaker 2: No, no, my benefit, not my dude, not my benefit, Yes, your benefit.
Speaker 1: Jen Affleck and Jen Lopez are uh might be sleeping in separate rooms at the separate homes.
Speaker 2: No I said, I said, Seprom home, separate home, Seprom home, Seprom homes, Joel Seprom homes. There's separate homes. Apparently he's in some house in Brentwood that the paths have been catching him leaving and going to at night. And yeah, this is just adding to the speculation where people have been saying like, yeah, it sounds like they are done. I don't know. I mean, it seemed like just from like that right up in that Vanity Fair article about her art film, when like a lot of the it sounded like a lot of the time Ben Affleck was telling her or giving her advice was basically him saying like, don't do it. Yeah, and I'm sure it's much more than that, but yeah, he's just yeah, they've apparently the last time they were seen together was in March.
Speaker 3: Damn cut a long time.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you know, like sometimes my wife makes me sleep in the yard's yeah, that's normal, like marriage stuff, exactly a big deal. But since March, I mean the that's longer than my long the longest time that she's put the don't look at me ban in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know. God, I was really rooting for them, I really was, And now all of this it's just it's I mean, I don't know if I can deal with with more.
Speaker 3: Can we believe in anything anymore?
Speaker 2: No? And that's why maybe maybe Ben and Jen should have just trusted the algorithms and saying you the AI would have put them with and then you would know that Ben Affleck and I would be together eating dunkin smoking.
Speaker 1: I do uh, I do think that a sign of a confident, healthy marriage is that you don't have to see each other for months at a time or stay living home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how solid we are due I don't even, dude, I don't even know her fucking phone number anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just a meditative state as a relationship. The relationship is not dead, it is in a prolonged, deep, deep meditative state.
Speaker 2: Is there, I don't even.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: The other thing, too, is when I see these things about like, oh, this couple's like breaking up, I think we're just we're really fully moving into that error, like we don't get a shit.
Speaker 3: Man, who me? It's for yourself? Like, I don't me, I care, couldn't be me, Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Just my man, Look, I love was dead the second I heard Harlan Crow and Clarence Thomas weren't actually an I or not or not homies.
Speaker 1: It is wild, though, I mean, this is something that we talked about in the very early days of the podcast and have it for a while. But like when we started doing the podcast in twenty seventeen, we had a segment called Bloyd Watch Lloyd Watch, where we looked at the cover of like newspaper tabloids under the theory that like these are still things that people are put like that is going into people's brains every day just through the headlines, Like I I.
Speaker 3: Can't walk past those without reading that shit.
Speaker 1: But at that time, there was still headlines about like Ben or no bad Pits as my dad calls them, Pitt and Jennifer Aniston like being secretly back together, like right years after they had broken up divorced, like had other marriages. Those marriages are broken up, still not back together, but like there's just such a deep desire to fucking believe in love and like specific famous relationships. Yeah, I kind of I almost admire you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look I get it. It's I'm shipping athletes with teams every day, so look to each we're all living in some version of our fantasy world onway.
Speaker 1: These are the only relationships that I do believe would be affected by Like, you know, I'm sure they're agents who are trying to use AI and to like figure out who the best publicists or like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they're being like, look, I've been talking to so and so as publicists. We crunch some numbers. If you guys kiss in public, you're going to get like the movies. Yeah, so think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, speaking of segments from early in the podcast me Ghazi is Back because David Copperfield is there. There's a number of women bringing allegations against him from spanning from the late eighties to twenty fourteen. In some cases sexual misconduct, inappropriate behavior, and underage women or underage Yeah, like people under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 2: I call those children.
Speaker 3: I think children. Two of them were fifteen at the time.
Speaker 7: What the fuck wasn't it didn't he wasn't this didn't this kind of come out like earlier seen he was like one of the people who was on those like flightlight I think, or like in the documents there there was like a lot of shit that was like, oh weird, Like there's there's a lot of smoke coming off of that man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it seems like there's more detailed allegations coming in.
Speaker 2: What's even at stake for him? Is he even like performing? Like does David Copperfield have like a Vegas show? I feel like that was such a fucking eighties and nineties thing of like David Copperfield magic, and now it's like David Copperfield accused sex pervert. Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was a like do you remember the thing where he went through the Great Wall of China like it was a giant TV event. I don't know if it just it was probably because I think it was based on where I was living when I watched it. I think you would have been two at the time that it happened, okay. I think it happened to like eighty eight or so I would have been four four okay, And I.
Speaker 2: Do remember actually he like set up.
Speaker 1: This like there's like a big curtain. I remember being so underwhelmed. It was like a you know, it was on one of the net works, I think, and but it was treated like this massive event walks through the Great walk through the Great Wall of China. But I was like, oh shit, they're gonna like you're gonna get to see a man walk through a wall and then he like goes behind a curtain and you just like see his shadow kind of like go. It makes it look like it was one of the worst magic tricks that I've ever like seen televised. You know, just like, well, there's a thousand ways you could have done.
Speaker 3: That full like what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: There's also like move the Statue of Liberty. At one point they're gonna say move the Statute of limitations. He moves this Christ the Statute of Limitation walking.
Speaker 2: Through the Great Wall. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, anyways, a lot of allegations happening here, all of this alleged, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like magicians just you're like, yeah, maybe don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see all magicians Miles this guy, but his like look is so greasy, you know, like from the beginning that he's like the kind.
Speaker 2: Of personally, yo, don't don't talk to that dude. He has like piece of shit hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has like uh, if you had him come into a room and tell me he was Richard Mark, that would be like, yep, yeah, that makes sense, and that would be maybe his greatest magic trick of all, convincing the world that he's Richard Marx.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well yeah, I mean he looks like a lot of other people to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess this was like he was doing some kind of like like pageant judging too. That's always like, yeah, I think the biggest fucking red flag and like Trump was also involved, and like Epstein flight logs.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's enough there, enough there, enough there to say that we're keeping an eye on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the A Show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,