Speaker 1: On this episode of this League, the homiet was pressed press pass. That is, yes, you're right, your girl got a press credential for the Warriors Lakers game. So we are going to be breaking that down. We also go over the number eight playing games. We also go over some potential Cavaliers drama involving Chubb Boy Colin Sexton, and we also have a very very important public service message about Kwame Brown. All right, Marty, let's drop the beat.
Speaker 2: And you'll be waiting.
Speaker 3: Plan of the play.
Speaker 2: I go, let me go the game.
Speaker 1: And we got to talk about this Warriors Lakers game. First. The main thing that I thought that was interesting is the refs. The refs fucked the Warriors in this game. Let's just be very clear. I I have a list of things. I have a list of things. Let's just start off here. Golden State was coming into the game yesterday, one in fourteen in their last fifteen games officiated by John Goebel or Trey Maddox, including four playoff losses with Goebel. They were both reffing that game last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I saw that for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, with my vested interest, I was definitely aware of how they do that. I think I said something in one of the other pods. I said, they're going to bring Dick Bavett out of retirement to ref that game, and they kind of it.
Speaker 1: That is exactly what happened. So first up, there was a blocking foul on Lebron James that was initially called the charge, right, and that the challenge that they challenged and lost their challenge because they had to use it on that that was overturned, but the challenge was gone. Then there was a blocking foul very quickly later on Wesley Matthews that was actually called the charge on Andrew Wiggins. Now that would have been overturned in my opinion if they had that challenge to use, which they did not. A few minutes later, Jordan Poole nearly threw down what would have been one of the most delicious dunks, but no, he wasn't able to finish it because Lebron James just fucking hammered him and there was just no call whatsoever at all, just like no whistle, no nothing. I couldn't believe it. I was in the arena, could not believe it. Multiple illegal screens called against Draymond Green, that tech against Draymond Green didn't make no goddamn sense yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't understand what was going on there at all. He seemed to not really be a part of what was going on.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: The tech on Jordan Poole didn't make any sense. Yeah, there was one on Cavan Looney that was an illegal screen. These were clearly like flops. The Laker flop was in full effect last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of fact, we won't.
Speaker 1: We will get to the flop, James. We will get to that. We will get to.
Speaker 3: That good good ad was holding.
Speaker 1: And yes, the the poke in the eye by Draymond Green could have been called a flagrant. It could have been called a bunch of different things. So were there bad calls against the Lakers that should have gone their way? There were a couple, but like they were sort of more questionable in my opinion than the others.
Speaker 3: No, Uh, yeah, I would say, I would say, so.
Speaker 4: I was really surprised that they didn't give a flagrant, Yeah, because it's yeah, it just seems like that's what they do these days. And I had already accepted it. I was like, that's the point where I had given up that the Lakers weren't that the Warriors weren't going to win the game, but then they came back.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know. Yeah, no, it was a weird.
Speaker 4: That whole thing was weird, and I guess that kind of kept me from like tweeting about the refs or really thinking like, oh, the ref stole it, because they like really could have stolen it there but chose not to.
Speaker 3: So it is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: And then eight seconds left after the la dagger as we're calling it, the one second left on the clock, la dagger deep thirty foot three. Just apparently he was seeing that was right after the ipoke. He was seeing three rims. Yeah, and he chose the middle one. Okay, so just stop it. But the dagger with one second left, and there's eight eight seconds and change left when they called their time out. When they tried to call their time out, the Warriors couldn't get the time out called until there was only two seconds left. Then Anthony Davis is grabbing Steph Curry, grabbing his arm. No call, which would have been two shots and the.
Speaker 3: Ball, Yeah go loose ball, Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Loose ball. You're grabbing him. He can't get in two shots and the ball. They lose by three.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah I did. I'll tell you the truth. I didn't go back and rewatch the last play. I got to go back and see that it did seem very close.
Speaker 1: Though it did seem very close. Okay. Now, outside of the reps, a couple of things. One, I was at the arena. The energy for the first half was very weird. I'm talking about like, you know, you're somewhere you're really not supposed to be, you know, like we're in a pandemic, and then there's sports going on. So it's my first time back into an arena since before the pandemic began, and the protocols are through the roof, like, yeah, you're showing your vaccination card or your PCR two negative PCR tests. You're going through the protocol, et cetera, et cetera. Everybody's you know, socially distanced or whatever. But so you're in the arena and you realize like this is sort of a special place to be. You know, you're one of six thousand people that are there when it would have been rock and at like twenty two, twenty thousand in Staples plus media whatever that would be plus staff.
Speaker 4: Did the playoff intensity kind of negate, the fact that there were a lot of empty seats, like in terms of atmosphere.
Speaker 1: No, the atmosphere was so bad for like the first half. I mean like you could hear a pin drop ooh, you could hear it was so quiet. It was eerily quiet. It was not intense, and it was like everybody was kind of stunned. The Laker delusion was through the roof, like everyone just expected the Lakers to come out and destroy the Warriors, and when the Warriors punched first, everyone just looked shook. They even Staples even put a section together on the far end on like on one side where it was vaccinated, only to try to keep all of those fans condensed so that the sound sounded more I guess boisterous and like at first that didn't even work, like it was quiet quiet, like it was weird energy, like eerie, spooky ghost energy. And then when the Warriors started giving up the ball, which you know, Steph Curry's very loosey goosey with the rock. We'll talk about that in a second, Okay, but the energy gets brought up a couple of notches from Braun and Ad they hit some crucial shots and then all of a sudden that wakes the crowd up, which then wakes Braun and Ad up more, and then it has almost like this momentum effect. Huh So, if the fans would have started and continued their intensity, which LA fans are trash, they are. LA fans are some of the worst fans in sports. They will not cheer for you when you're not performing well. Like Boston Red Sox fans, if they're not playing well, they're still up on their feet. They're like trying to create energy for the players. Lakers fans they're not doing that. They're not doing that in the best of circumstances, so they're certainly not doing that in a pandemic. Sure, so, once Braun and Ady got going, that then motivated fans, which then motivated the players. You can really how important fan like good fans are. So that was really interesting. They had all of the cool media brands in like the worst possible spot. It was like the Slam magazine, the Like Nice Kicks, the Undefeated, the barstools like we were in the nose bleats of the of the arena. Sure, and then like the Washington Posts and the Athletics and the USA to days, they're like on one hundred level, like basically court side. So I used to be in the court side area, like that's where my media seat used to be, and I realized, like, they don't give a fuck about you, they care about your outlet. So that was very interesting. I actually thought there was a possibility I wouldn't even get credentialed at all because I was barstool. I was just waiting, waiting for the last minute of to get denied. Lots of people think I'm a Curry fan. I am a Curry fan. I'm not a stand I don't like I'm not a Curry apologist. I love Steph Curry. We've talked about him a million times, but one of the biggest knocks I've always had about him is that he, for some reason doesn't understand the moment that he's in, Like he's so good, he's such a great shooter in my opinion, that he just thinks he can and no obstacle is insurmountable. So he just like plays like it's like Game fifteen, It's like January fifteenth. According to Steph Curry, with the Rock, he was like Draymond Green. Is he walked across. He does this shuffle too when he's running. He's just like no urgency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what you're talking about for sure. Yeah. No, he does not alter his game one bit depending on the situation.
Speaker 4: That is funny. It is bizarre. Uh, that's like never talked about ever. Yeah, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's like there is no time where it's like I need to play Chris, I need to play with poise and precision. Steph Curry precision, that's not a thing. It's Steph Curry chaos all fucking time. Those five turnovers that lost them the game too, Like if he doesn't turn the ball over, if he doesn't dribble the ball against his fucking shoe when Alex Crusoe the MVP of the game, in my opinion, the MVP, the goat of the game. He had some crucial play in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, he got to the basket easy too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And hit a couple of very timely threes. Was locking Steph dout caused Steph to turn over the ball there, Like, you're not dribbling against fucking Kentavious Calwell, Pope, Steph Curry, Like this is the janitor, this is what the janitor does, and Steph Curry was just like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, while we're on the subject of Steph Curry turnovers, I mean that's why they lost the game. We can point it at a bunch of things. Wait, if you turn the ball over twenty times and the other team has Lebron James, it's not going to end well. And like the fact that honestly they did turn the ball over twenty times. Uh, and we're still like, right there is kind of I don't know, telling a little damning.
Speaker 1: It's damning, everyone says. I'm like looking into my comments, I'm looking at my dms and people are like, but Trista, the Lakers are healthy. Now you say they're overrated. By the way, that video got like five hundred thousand views. People just furious at me calling the Lakers and the Jazz overrated. Okay, they're like, no, the Lakers are fully healthy. Now Ad is back and Braun is back. Let me just acquaint you with the facts. Just because you're playing in a basketball game does not mean that you're healthy. You are playing through pain. The definition of health is not having pain when you do all of your activities. As normal, jumping, running, cutting, planting, exploding. It's very cool. The Lakers, Braun and ad are not healthy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, I mean, I mean you definitely saw it. In the first half. They were not clicking even a little bit.
Speaker 1: It was like, we're just trying to stay in it so that we can play through enormous pain for the last like ten minutes of the game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, And there were lineups when the Warriors like went small where I was thinking like, Okay, this should be a real problem for them. I'm talking first half, This should be a real problem for them. Lebron should be able to go in and cook, and he just wasn't. He looked slow, He.
Speaker 1: Just looked tentative. There were times where he drove the ball, he drove into the lane, had the ability to draw contact and go up and he kicked out instead. That happened ten times. I remember, like eight to ten times. I'm like, what is going on, Anthony Davis is giving up three looks, three point three looks, just giving it this casey p when he can be shooting open for three. They were just like let him shoot, let him shoot, and he wouldn't shoot. It was bad. I knew the things were bad for ad because I watched him warm up and everything was off right by like some of them went in because they just hit the right side of the you know what I mean, They just go into the right side of the hoop, but everything in the corner was hitting off the right side of the rim. Like, this is gonna be a tough night for Anthony Davis and give it to the Warriors. I would say that their game plan for him was was to perfection, take take a d out of the game, get him out of the rhythm, and make all the others, as they call it, make all the others do everything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ended up playing Drummond off the floor too, just because they kept getting switches onto staff and like they just couldn't do it, which makes me feel a little better.
Speaker 3: That's one of the.
Speaker 4: Things that makes me feel positive about the Sons having to play the Lakers now is that I think we can play those bigs off the floor for patches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's an interesting question, is that if eighty plays the five, which I think he's gonna play a lot of five in this series two, he's gonna have to He's gonna have to otherwise, Devin and CP three and mchal Bridges are gonna cook, just like the Warriors cooked. I think this this game actually was a perfect blueprint for you as to how to beat them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, No, I saw a lot of things that I liked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did I.
Speaker 3: So let's just talk.
Speaker 4: About I was still hoping with every inch of myself to not have to play them, but I, of course, being the crazy optimistic fan, I've already convinced myself we're gonna win.
Speaker 1: So and also, I would say if you're gonna play the Lakers, because you're gonna have to probably play them unless someone else bounces them, You're gonna have to play them at some point. And I'd say right now is the best time to play them, because because Lebron will be healthy in two to three weeks and then it's then it's night night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely come around to that.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's talk about the ipop for a second, just circling back. Is there anyone who puts extras on shit more than Lebron?
Speaker 4: No, It's honestly insane, And we talked about it. There was a social clip too about their rocky complex. There's always just got there's gotta be a little extra adversity like sprinkled on it. Like no, like you hit a thirty four foot shot to clinch the playoffs, Like that's that's a big enough moment, you know, Like you didn't need a sprinkle.
Speaker 1: You'll also need to say you couldn't see why did you also say I was basically blind when I hit that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's such bullshit, like like you were doing that, you wouldn't got, you wouldn't got the like eye drops and all that.
Speaker 3: You were doing that to sell the fouls of FLAKR.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, And I think the thing that's interesting to me is like Lebron obviously through all of his pressers, understands the idea of the narrative around the greatest of all time and how much narratives like shape things, and so he throughout time and the history of his career just keep sprinkling how much he's had to deal with, Like he might say he had coronavirus like two months from now, Like I was also playing through coronavirus, you know what I mean? Like I know I was vaccinated, but I also played through coronavirus and liked, did Michael Jordan have to play through coronavirus, like it's always gonna be that, which I think is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that is the funny thing.
Speaker 4: So say they come in, they beat Phoenix, they beat Denver, Portland, whoever that is, then they beat Clippers Utah whoever that is, and then they go and beat Brooklyn Like that would be one of the I mean, it probably wouldn't top twenty sixteen, but that would be his second biggest accomplishment by a wide margin. And he would still Yeah, I could easily see him saying like, oh yeah, and like my ankle by the way, like I was on like forty percent. After that, he would still have to he would still have to come up with a reason why it was more impressive totally.
Speaker 1: Because constantly always going up against Jordan, which I think is tremendous. It's just trendous. That shot was one of the biggest shots of his life.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's one of those uh somewhere, that one that he hit against Orlando and n O nine like that long three. So yeah, yeah, it's up, it's up there, and that's gonna be on his all time highlight reel, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, this is already I said it already, no matter Winterday.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's talk about the final play in games. Thursday night, the Pacers play the Wizards.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So Pacers blew out Hornets as I suspected. Wizards lost to the Celtics, which I did not suspect. I also did not suspect Russell Westbrook would be heavily injured in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that definitely threw a wrench in that plan. I was on the Wizards and the Hornets, so I.
Speaker 3: Had a bet.
Speaker 4: I had a bad I had a bad Tuesday.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need to take that PACER's money line. It's a plus one forty five right now Pacers, and they're they're counting that the Wizards will win by I think the line is three and a half right now, Marty, I'm just going to tell you right now, don't bet on the Wizards. They're not healthy. I don't care that it's in DC. The Pacers are, like I told you, I think two episodes ago, the Pacers might be one of the best, if not the best, passing team in the NBA right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's weird that LeVert being out actually makes them a little bit better. And that because LeVert, I don't want to call him a ball stopper per se, He just he takes over and tries to do to a lot of stuff himself, whereas no one else on the Pacers really does that. So the ball just moved a lot better against Charlotte. And I mean they made a shit ton of threes, especially McDermott. But yeah, no, I thought Lavert being out actually improved their flow a little bit.
Speaker 1: Everyone can score. They've got a ten to twelve man rotation and they're not even fully healthy. TJ. Warren and Miles Turner aren't even playing. And this team looks nasty right now. If they can do what they did against the Hornets and what they've done actually the last like four or five games, where they've been very gritty, gone through adversity, like shoot the ball very well, move without the ball very well, past the guys who aren't even there yet in the lane, I think that they could make things really fun, make things very interesting. I mean, Jason Tatum went off for fifty against the Wizards, which that's tough. Look, that's tough to beat. I think Bill said, I am going to be as good as I'm going to get. He is not healthy going into this mismatchup tonight against the Pacers. He said, call me one leg bandit if you want. For me, it's just going out and showing my team that I'm here with them. I'm going to be trying to be as impactful as I can. Honestly, I've had four compression sleeves on at a time. It's just a matter of doing well. That's a lot of compression sleeves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too many compressions sleaves.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's kind of like guys who say they use multiple condoms or I'm like, I think this is less effective. I think this is actually less effective than he wanted to be. And then for Russell Westbrook, he says that this is just Nixon bruises for him. I think he's really hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked.
Speaker 4: He looked impacted for sure, and they were making him work on defense too a lot.
Speaker 3: He looked exhausted.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I uh, he did seem like he did seem like he was out of it, completely completely out of.
Speaker 3: It, and he couldn't shoot at all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that the Pacers are going to blow the Wizards out. I just don't see it being close. I think it's they barely beat the Hornets. The Wizards barely beat the Hornets in the final game of the season, and the Pacers ran them out of the fucking gym. So I think the Wizards are going to get molly wopped tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I like that. I like that. I probably will go place that as soon as we're done here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I placed a mats on Pacers money line. That's how confident I am. That's how confident I am. Yeah. So, I mean they just can't defend anyone. The Wizards can't defend anyone anymore. Like I said, Pacers have a ten man rotation, and everyone can hit threes, like everyone got Justin Holliday, who can hit nine threes in a quarter? Like, just stop it, just stop it. If the Wizards were healthy, I think it would be different. But as they say, if some butts were candies and nuts, every day would be Christmas morning, and they are it is not so. Miles Turner also said, shout out to the casuals for betting against us tonight. This time of the year is different.
Speaker 3: I love I.
Speaker 1: Love players who are like just finding ways to be more fueled by the moment, Like we create fake hate. I do that. I like go and read the comic, your casual. You don't know basketball, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: I was just laughing because I was a Hornets better so that kind of felt that kind of felt personal.
Speaker 3: But I think, Okay, you didn't play in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You weren't even around. You weren't even around. Friday night, grizz faced up against the Warriors. Let's let's preview that we're gonna also, well, I can say this in the intro if I redo the intro again, but we're coming that Saturday to preview the playoffs because there's so many things that are yet to come, so special episode. Saturday, Grizzlies played Golden State again. I think this game is going to be fucking fun. As an aside, I don't know how Laker fans actually exist right now, Like, is that fun basketball to watch?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: To me? That was growth?
Speaker 4: I mean, winning's fun, I guess, but yeah, it wasn't particularly any tainy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd rather have a basketball team that was fun to watch and got bounced out of the second round than NBA champions that look like that, like one hundred points in twenty twenty one. Yeah, that's a hot take. Twenty one is just gross. So I think this is going to be a much funner basketball game than Golden State Lakers was. Warriors Lakers was trash. I think Warriors Grizzlies is gonna be fucking fun. Like Steph Curry versus Jaw, like two most chaotic point cards in the league, just reckless out there.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you're you're calling last night's game boring.
Speaker 1: What I would say is the first three quarters were a slog like. The first half for sure, was like what the fuck is going on? All that? It was just yeah, like it did get intense at the end, but like, you can't tell me what you saw in that first half was any fun to watch.
Speaker 4: On the line, So I guess I'm I'm I'm biased. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, Grizzlies got super lucky. The Spurs couldn't couldn't buy a basket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday, it's weird.
Speaker 4: And even when they were coming back, I kept thinking, like, how are they still in this game? And then you go and look at the box score and you still don't really understand how they get into skalate like DeRozan and Murray did nothing. I think they shot a combined like I'd be shocked if it was more than thirty three.
Speaker 1: Per seven for forty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were bad shooting, like.
Speaker 1: And they still only beat them by four.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: They built the twenty point first half lead and then and then the Spurs doing the Spurs things just like blotted out over it, like a slow burn, doing the things that San Antonio is so known to do. I mean, gotta be a stress situation if you're a Memphis Grizzlies fan. I mean, it's very similar actually to what happened to the Warriors. You build a lead and then all of a sudden you look up and you're like, how the fuck are they in? It? Still just just weird, you know, just really weird. Grizzlies were sloppy once again. I think that's going to be the determination against the Warriors. The Grizzlies are just, in my opinion, too young, not experienced enough. Jaw is even more reckless with the basketball than Steph Curry is, and not as good of a shooter, not as good of a player. So Valentunis is going to need to really take control and be a as Draymond gree would say, a fucking dog in order for them to have any shot. I think valentn has had.
Speaker 3: He had twenty three points, twenty three rebound Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty three points, twenty three rebounds, and plus twenty six as the Spurs just had zero answer for him.
Speaker 4: He had, he had twenty twenty three three quarters. He was awesome. Like, if he can do that again, I think they have a chance. I mean, I'm not predicting that. I'm not predicting them to beat the Warriors by any stretch. But if we get that Valentnis, I think it's gonna be a close game at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think that's right. I think that's right. I already talked about the Warriors. I think Warriors will win this game. I think it'll be close. I think it'll be like a five to six point game, just because I think the Grizzlies have a little bit more fire in their belly than they did in the final game of the season. But uh, let's just hope that the reps that officiated the Lakers Warriors game won't be at Chase Center, because that was that that was really bad.
Speaker 2: I'm overcoming the hospital.
Speaker 3: I'm ny impossible, said, I was being a lot to bool, But.
Speaker 2: I have become me astoppable and why would stop got a lot to do trying to tast topical. Don't call me.
Speaker 3: I ain't calling you except I'm not rocking to you. You just I don't want to watch my.
Speaker 1: Movies, I can tell you, all right, final, final thing to discuss. I know that things have been crazy lately with this Qualiti Brown stuff. All the smoke is catching lots of smoke, right, so much smoke. So I really do want to make this extremely clear. This this league is a pro Quame Brown podcast. Yes, we have nothing negative to say about Kwame Brown, who has fucking turned into Voldemort like he had he had the no shape or form. Do I want Quame Brown to create a nickname about me?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, that sounds like a nightmare. He's and be very mean and very accurate, mean and accurate.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he would say. He'd probably called me like cerebral palsy because I speak out one side of my mouth. He'd be like, oh, cerebral palsy with the brown hair or something. Like, that's so fucking crazy. So, mister Brown, Voldemort, Sir Brown, as I'd like to also call him, let's give him a knighthood. He is now taking it to the media streets, which is why I want to implant my flag into the Kuwame Brown territory. He just came after stephen A. Smith, after Gilbert Aerinas, Matt Barnes, stephen A Jackson. Now he's coming after ste A Smith, who he challenged to a fistfight in Seattle. Then he came after Charlemagne the God, and then he went after Jamel Hill. Women are not exempt from the Kwame Brown. She said. Kwame Brown got me checking the tape to make sure I am never said shit about him. If I did, I'm sorry. Please don't talk about my mama. And then she also said to Kwame Brown, I said you chose violence. I didn't say you were violent. It's an expression from Game of Thrones. Apparently he questioned her blackness. He questioned her ability to do things for the community. Basically, Kwame Brown doesn't want people to bring down the community. I get that, but like we do have to talk about sports, We're just not talking about Quame anymore. It's been twenty years. We're just not gonna do it anymore, Like he's exempt from from the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It's played out now like hard, Like it's at the point, I mean it's funny, like he was very funny on Monday, but now we're at the point where it's like, Okay, I I don't I mean, I'm not try to admit this. I'm not a Matt Barnes Stephen Jackson fan by any stretch. So now it's just like, Okay, you're just making me see them more often.
Speaker 3: Then I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think he's gonna go on all the smoke now, which I definitely will want. And I think Kwame Brown is electric, speaking off the top of the head like he has a lot of great insults, he has a lot of fire, He has a lot of things to say, and for some reason knows everyone's business, like he knew the details of Matt Barnes's business in a way where I was like he jumped the fence to his own house. Matt Barnes jumped the fence like that's bad, Like he was he knew everything. Uh so he's gonna be in Atlanta in a month and he's finally invited on the pods. We're gonna see what happens. The off season is off to a hot start. Let's just say that I can't wait for more of this. I love talking basketball, but I also really really like this, and I think we're gonna be busier than ever in the summertime. Moving on, off season already started for the scrub teams. Uh, there are problems in Cleveland, as you might expect, and no, it does not have to do with Kevin Love if you can believe it turns out, according to Plain Dealer Cleveland Clean Plain Dealer beat writer Garry Pluto, what a name, the Cavs are strongly considering signing Jared Allen to one hundred million dollar extension. Alan you remember is why Andre Drummond had to get shipped out. So yeah, they like Jared Allen. He's thirteen ten to two is a building block for Cleveland. But the problem is you can't extend Jared Allen and also extend Colin Sexton for the money that Colin Sexton is asking for. Colin Sexton has tolled the world he wants darn Fox money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul for that, Wait, so I mean Sexton, he's gonna have.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to give him the max.
Speaker 1: I guess, uh, they are going to move him, you.
Speaker 4: Think, I don't know, it is a weird situation. I'm just thinking about it for the first time. Like, I don't necessarily think that extending Jared Allen's a bad call. I kind of liked what he was doing early on when he got there. Uh yeah, Kevin Love kind of puts him in a stranglehold, so they don't have they don't have the room to also says.
Speaker 1: That Sexton is looking for one hundred and sixty three million over five years, the same amount that Dear and Fox got, which combined with Allen's deal and Kevin Loves deal, which will be very difficult to get out of, makes it hard for the Calves to have anyone else on the roster, Like you just have a three man roster and a bunch of G League two way guys. I guess. So this GM says that the Calves are going to build around Allen, Darius Garland, and Isaacacorro, which means that Sexton's out in the dough. Gotta get out, gotta get the fuck out, and I think Darius Garland is probably better demeanor than Colin Sexton. Don't know who Colin Sexton will become. This is no Colin Sexton slander, but boy, we talk about out of control point guards. His nickname is the bull bull in China Shop. Colin Sexton definitely not a MAX player in my opinion. It is my opinion he's not a MAX player. And I think that there's a lot of teams that could use him, but not for the MAX. It's a tough tough pill to swallow, especially given that Jalen Suggs could be there. Who knows. We know how much the Cavs like signing so many people at the same position, So maybe they'll go after Jalen Suggs and they'll move Collin sex and I don't know. All I do know is that this is now. We are now more on Cleveland Cavaliers watchwork, which for some reason moves the needle from a social media perspective. So controversy, more controversy.
Speaker 3: The leftovers.
Speaker 1: I think that's right, more controversy for a team that cannot afford any more controversy. So that's all the time that we have in this league podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review on Apple Spotify. Please follow us on TikTok. We just hit Marty fifty thousand followers on TikTok and two million likes. That is a fucking monster seven and a half million views in the last twenty eight days, So we are fucked. I mean, that's just an unfathomable number for our little like Thomas the tank Engine type of podcast. So please buy our merch in the Barspool store. We have fire Julius Randall, King of New York merch. We've got a Lucas shirt, We've got a Miami Vice, Jimmy Butler bam At a bio shirt, and we have a Scary Hours Brooklyn Net shirt. More merch is coming. Thank you for listening. Tune in Saturday. We will be up bright and early for a special full on playoff preview on the next edition of This League.
Speaker 5: Fall.
Speaker 2: It's sound of risk it all. Say hello to a big dog, say goodbye to all the falls. Keep it up, honey, and keep it up, honey, and keep it a down and certain people so that we don't alive. No no no bow pole, no no no pole pole, you a slow pole all black. It would stay whoa.
Speaker 3: I'm the best.
Speaker 2: I'm the best case closed rock camp rock.
Speaker 3: I ain't no joke. Give me that, give me that, give me he give me that, give me that, give me that.
Speaker 2: I want this? And now what you mean? I can't have a stand your lane. Lois Lana starts stirred on him. Stay your lane.
Speaker 3: Penny Leaner starts skirred on him.
Speaker 2: Big big, big, big doll, big doll, big dog, walk in, big dog, walk in with the dog. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. A lie big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog walk ahead. Oh okay with the dog. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. Ooh you got a risk it just to get a biscuit?
Speaker 4: Biscuit?
Speaker 2: How many licks does it take?
Speaker 3: The linquord She want to.
Speaker 2: Elect a trapper, but she already to elect a rapper.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh my, so fly fly.
Speaker 2: Up, I stay fly, I stay fly quality just to get by. I want it all out a piece of the pie. Everybody eats everybody, and we keep all of the receipts. Weing good and we live in good. We'd have made it up about the hood. Give me that, give me that, give me, give me that, give me that, give me that. I want this, and Dan, what you mean I can't have that? Stand your lane, Lois Lana skirt stirred on him, Say you lane, Penny Lena skirt skirred on him. Big big, big dog, big doll, big dog, walky, big dog, walk in with the dog. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 4: Big big, big.
Speaker 2: Big doll, bag doll, big dog walk in, big dog, walk in with the dog. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 3: I'm a risk it all.