Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod. It's Teddy Mellencamp and cam Ridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome back another episode of Two Teas and a Pod with myself and Dolores. Today we are going to be recapping the Valley. Now we haven't recapped the Valley together.
Speaker 1: We haven't. No, Oh, let's get to it, Teddy. I think that this is the episode to do it too.
Speaker 2: I think it starts out with a girl's confront Nia, and as we were saying, like, Nia is just such a nice girl, she's upset that they are upset that Nia keeps glossing over everything with hyper positive attitude, which I wish I could have a hyper positive attitude, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's also the fact that she and we understand now she has an amazing coping mechanism. She's not falling apart, she's not running around crying because she's been through more shit in the first part of her life that trumps anything that she's going through.
Speaker 2: But does just prove like you can't judge a book by character.
Speaker 1: She oh being beautiful, beauty queen and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they claim she's covering up for Danny's alcoholism by claiming he's exhausted. She's saying it could be you know, it could be two things, drinking and being exhausted.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot of she she's covering up, maybe even to her own self.
Speaker 2: Well maybe she maybe she has taught herself or has been taught that you deal with marriage stuff at home, you don't need to talk about everything.
Speaker 1: Well, then don't go on a show.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. But Nia defends herself, explaining that two things can be true. At the same time, Danny wakes up from his nap and he wants to know what all the commotion is about, and Nia takes him in another room to talk to him. Janet shares with the rest of the girls that Danny followed her into the pantry, closed the door behind him, and took a swig of tequila.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we do find out later that the reason he went in there to have the tequila, because that's where it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me ask you a question. Did he close the door maybe because the tequila was behind the door.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you opened up the door. I mean, you know, it's all in presentation. Regardless. The guy's got a problem. I think from what everybody else is saying, I think they're convinced. They're convinced. They're conning that he's got a problem. They've addressed this problem at home.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Jackson is probably thrilled about this. He's like, Haha, no one's talking about my addiction problems. Now they're talking about Danny's drinking problems. Now they're calling him dark side Danny. Is he an alcoholic or was he just being a drunk fool?
Speaker 1: Well, we don't know. I see, I'm not really that familiar with alcoholism. I'm familiar with a nasty drunk and that's maybe why I can't drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have friends that can drink and never change and could drink, you know, every night and still be the same person. You know, when somebody has a drinking problem, when they don't have a drinking problem, if you spend enough time with them.
Speaker 1: Well they're convinced, and I'm not. I can't go against people that see him all the time, who know people with drinking problems. Yeah, because they all, you know, partied, they know.
Speaker 2: Nia kind of sounds like she's admitting there's truth to it, but she's dealing with it privately, privately.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not what you signed up for, right, I'm sorry to say. Now, I understand in real world that's how you deal with it, but not in this world. No Number one numbers.
Speaker 2: Well, she screaming, No, he's not he's not an alcoholic. She's not saying that.
Speaker 1: But the other thing is, Tamera, and I've been someone who handles things like this. I don't handle it. I don't talk about it. I get things done, I fix it, but I don't make a big deal. I'm not gonna cry over it, like Brittany's running around like she's crying over the thing with Jacks. They're screaming, they're falling apart, there's every like, there's all this like like hysteria amongst hysteria on top of more hysteria. You know, I don't handle things like that. I handle things like nia. I internalize it. I go in a hold to myself and you know, again, but that's not that's not what she signed up for. So it almost seems unfair to the cast that one person's putting their life out there and the other person is saying, go take a nap, Like you said it last It wasn't you. I can't believe we didn't go. I thought that you said or was it Teddy? She said, who said that we'd ever be allowed to take a nap during filming? Right? Good point?
Speaker 2: I mean unless you drinking a lot in your nap is what you call, you know, pass out?
Speaker 1: Passed out?
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, Michelle and Sheena go on a hike. Michelle recaps the fight between her and Jesse and Santa Barbara. Jesse lashes out at her for cheating and called her terrible names like a hooker and a lyon cheating whore, just.
Speaker 1: To name a few.
Speaker 2: I saw Sheena at the upfronts and she told me that Michelle is a very nice girl and Jesse has not been that nice to her. Her mom was sick during filming and she had a lot on her plate. And because we had said something like what's wrong, me and Teddy had said like what's wrong with Michelle? Like she seems ai, like she just doesn't have any right.
Speaker 1: I was sitting with you when when Sheena said cut her or braid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she I get it, Okay. I apologize Michelle for calling you ai. I just wanted to seem a little bit more reaction. I think we're getting it now. So Aaron told Michelle that he loved her, but he can't deal with her crazy X.
Speaker 1: So oh, really, would you dump a guy so much to say about that?
Speaker 2: Would you dump a guy who had a crazy X?
Speaker 1: So here comes the honey guy. All of a sudden, You're about to be totally free. You were she was good enough when she was married. You didn't care about that drama. And now all of a sudden, now that you got her to getting close and honey, bro bro this shit going on with her and Jesse is nothing that just started yesterday. This has been going on, but her divorce is getting closer. Do you not want her divorced? Do you not want her? On? And on and on and on. But don't they live together? These two? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they live together.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know. But is he worried that he's going to get this full time? Because you don't start a conversation with I wanted this to be a family and I could see you and so they're not living together. But so he he starts the conversation with I want a family with you and Isabella. But I'm not I'm not sure I want this trouble and he's always going to be around. Well guess what, Michelle, the honey guy isn't so sweet. Well, he knew what he was getting in too, you know what I mean? No, I don't. You don't say that, you know, no bick or thin, bro. She she put a lot on the line to be with you. Okay, Yeah, she's miles of shit to be with you. It was good enough for you, then with anybody take in the heat.
Speaker 2: Does anybody know if they're still together?
Speaker 1: I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: I like to know this.
Speaker 1: I don't like that he said that. I don't like it. I don't even like it. And if he meant it, he should have kept it to himself.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of a hard thing to say when they're all filming a show together.
Speaker 1: You know. Here's the thing. No, I know, but but like Tamra, if he said that, that should have been the last thing he said to her. Don't say that and stay with her, because then I would never trust him again. Yeah, it was okay. When she was putting her makeup on to go to Runyon Canyon, that was okay. I'm really mad about it. I'm really mad about it. Yeah, they recently.
Speaker 2: Okay, breaking news here we are hearing that Michelle and Aaron have recently moved in together.
Speaker 1: She wasn't gonna let him go, so she wasn't letting him go. She said, I can't let him go. He's stuck around Michelle. You can let him go, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Hopefully now all this Jesse and Michelle stuff is put to restue.
Speaker 1: I will say this in defense of the honey guy. None of this is easy. He walked into filming. Hey, you know to you know, the ex husband her. I don't really remember two people I've seen that hate each other as much as they do. I really don't. And that's a lot to say coming from We all know where I come from, right, I mean, that's like hate hate, And it.
Speaker 2: Must be hard filming a show together while you're going through divorce. You don't want to see this person.
Speaker 1: And then like, as a man, he has to sit back and watch this guy call his girlfriend a whore and not do anything about it. Like that can't be as a man. That can't be easy. Like I do see a part of his side. But in the midst of her going through all this, does she really need to hear and I'm not up for this. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Jesse is trying to do better, so he has his therapist over Scott, and Scott advises Jesse to blow off some steam and have him scream into a pillow to release his anger. Michelle admitted she'd cheated and suspects.
Speaker 1: Always got nothing on her.
Speaker 2: But she's like, are you telling me that all these times that you were out childing around that you never cheated.
Speaker 1: He didn't say no. He didn't say no. He didn't say no.
Speaker 2: So over at Luke and Kristen's they check out the latest updates.
Speaker 1: She said that I'm glad she told him she probably you want Michelle, get it girl.
Speaker 2: So Luke and Kristen check out the latest updates on their new rental home. Luke claims this is the first step in his plan to propose to Kristen.
Speaker 1: Jasmine drops by discuss him. I do too.
Speaker 2: I think I really like them together. I like the fact that you know he's planning this out. He want They didn't realize they were together for so long. They've been together for a few years now.
Speaker 1: Years they've been together, and they drove across country with the dogs and everything. He appreciates her for what she has listened. She wasn't easy in the past, like she left a string of broken hearts along and now you know, I think for her at the stage in her life, this is the type of man she needs. And he's like, you know, he's an outdoors man, he's like a manly guard. I think I think they're perfect together.
Speaker 2: So Jasmine drops by the house to discuss Santa Barbara. She doesn't understand why Nia can't just admit that Danny has a drinking problem.
Speaker 1: I don't know why she's so stuck on this.
Speaker 2: Luke and Kristen don't understand why Danny getting drunk was such an issue.
Speaker 1: So because it wasn't, I don't. I don't I think it was. I think it was a no, he wasn't belligerent. He wasn't there's still one of they want their pounds of flash for when he was like acting out, even though he already apologized for it.
Speaker 2: Well, according to Jasmine, Danny crossed the line with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, we know that he said he's sorry, that we're gonna drop it or are we going to use this five seasons?
Speaker 2: I mean, unless there's some underlying news or drinking problem that we don't see or no. I agree with with Luke, like who cares if someone drank too much and they went to sleep, Who the hell cares?
Speaker 1: Well? I think that for some reason they were looking at they were looking to come for Nia.
Speaker 2: We know, but who can ever go for Nia?
Speaker 1: Like she's there for everybody, you know. When Zach was sitting with the other one that wears the moon was all the time, damon busters. When Zach was sitting with Janet and they were coming together, Nia came running over and held his hand. When Jesse and Michelle were fighting, Nia came running over and goes, you don't need to talk to her, like, Nia is there for everybody. It's all you people fucking ganged up on her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she'd be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 1: Discuss that was disgusting, and she handled herself well And now we know why, because she's a very strong person. And maybe that's why she doesn't carry on and walk around feeling sorry for herself. Because her husband doesn't know how to handle his liquor, whether he's an alcoholic or he just is a fucking toolbag and can't handle his liquor. Whatever it is, she handles it, she didn't handle like an adult, you know.
Speaker 2: And even when Brittany hosted a reconciliation dinner.
Speaker 1: To clear the air between so Matri Nia.
Speaker 2: I know Brittany and Jasmine apologized to Nia over what happened in Santa Barbara, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Nia is stuck on the fact.
Speaker 2: That they didn't bring the issue up to her face and talk behind her back. Jasmine explains that she chose not to speak up because of her past experience with Danny over drinking. Nia opens up to the girls in a way she's never opened up before. She tells them she grew up very poor. Well she has homeless, I know.
Speaker 1: Had to tell them so they understand why she handles things the way she does. And you know what, if they were really close friends, they would have known that about her a long time ago.
Speaker 2: She even battled being homeless as a working adult, right literally sleeping in parking lots, having to get like a security guard say hey, you gotta move, you know, like I to me, that is absolutely heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: But tamorable. I'm gonna say this because I see like a little bit through I maybe I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she don't tell people her business. No, and in this world when everyone's being very transparent, that becomes offensive to the other people that you're with that are doing that. So I think a lot of them are pistol fatter for not being that way. And and that's also understandable to me. Do you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, I understand her side of it, and I understand where they're coming from. Two, Because nothing makes people more angry in this world than one who's not transparent. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No, You're not wrong. I like to be around people that are transparent.
Speaker 1: And you want to know where you talk too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know where I stand. I know that. You know, my friends know that they know where they stand with me because I'm very vocal on how I feel. I'm I don't want that person. I don't know what she's saying. She's talking to me, how I'm back, like, I don't. I don't want that at all.
Speaker 1: So I see through like what they're saying, like, oh, you act like your life is so perfect for her right now? It is. It's pretty fucking perfect. Yeah, compared to what she came from. I would like it she stead up having children until she strains things out with her husband, until they get more like I.
Speaker 2: Kind of went deeper and started thinking about it, and I'm like, this is why she wants to have so many kids. She had no home life. She at times lived in cars, like so now I want to have this perfect home life. And I think her just having kids and making it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an illusion sometimes because until until things are settled at your own response, Yeah, but that you know that you have to be careful about decisions you make for different reasons.
Speaker 2: For the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So whatever it is, I wish her all the luck. I think that she's definitely for everything she's been through. She handles things beautifully. She's got it figured out. She did it on her own. She's like, listen, well she's had This is how I'm going to process it. I'm not going to be a victim. I'm going to be grateful. And also, because of the way where she came from, she has a higher tolerance than a lot of other people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean she explains that her tendency to be positive and gloss over things is the direct result of her background. So you know, she is. I understand her vivor mode. She just does not play victim.
Speaker 1: She does not use this. She's never talked about it. Nobody knew about it.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad that she did tell everybody.
Speaker 1: No because but to be honest, other than Kristen, I didn't really see anybody else give two fucks.
Speaker 2: Janet offers herself as a resource to Nia because she's experienced being in a relationship with someone who had drug and alcohol issues, like read the fucking room, Janet, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 2: Nia gets defensive at this time, saying it's a huge accusation to claim Daniel has a drug and alcohol problem.
Speaker 1: That's for her, so him. I just think that's for Meia to say, and not them behind her back. This wasn't an apology lunch or would dinner. No, this wasn't a reaciliation. It was an intervene. Yeah, that's what it was. And I don't really think they like him that much. I don't think that Danny's a well liked guy among the bunch. I don't know why. I'm just getting that feeling.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, like I've never heard things about him like I don't know. I don't know what they're thinking. I'm sure we're gonna find out more. But now everyone is pretty much apologized, in to Sweetnia who's traumatized by all the backstabbing, and now Brittany, who's saying how honest Na was after she was Was she not saying how.
Speaker 1: She was not honest in Santa Barbara. Yeah, but all of a sudden, you hear a sad story, You're like, oh, she's so honest. Listen again, I'm going to go back to saying I can tell you that the first thing when I'm close to someone is I get to know about them, is where they come from and what they've been through in their life. That is the person I am, so that I understand them better As a friend. I'll probably know you're that's the second time I meet you.
Speaker 2: But that's what a good friend does, not everything.
Speaker 1: I'm really like, I don't know what the word is. Surprised that nobody knew this about her before this This is her life. This is a huge part of her life, and it's and it's you know, it's it's it molds you who you are. So why these good friends who she's been there for sticking up, for holding their hands while they're crying, going you know, going after their husband's, telling their husbands like treat your wife better and really standing for them, even getting mad at her own husband for opening his big mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, I sure hope he treats her well forever and he never does anything bad to this woman, because she is just such a sweet, kind person, gone through so much, and I hate to see her getting hurt.
Speaker 1: Ever on top of beautiful stunning, Well, you know what, you got to be careful from a girl like this, because she survived a lot. You push her wrong. One day, she wakes up and you're you're fuck, You're so screwed, Like, don't, don't think, don't because she's understanding and she's there for him and she's got his back. She's good mom, and he's better be scared. You better treat her right, straighten out, whatever the hell it is, because she's survived thereser than a lot of people could never and she'll make it without him. Yeah, he knows that.
Speaker 2: One thing that kind of warmed my heart is Luke and Danny go ring shopping for Kristin. She would chop his balls off if he bought a ring for more than ten thousand dollars. He ended up with a ring that was fourteen thousand. But Krista not wanting Luke to spend more than ten grand just shows that she is not a materialistic girl.
Speaker 1: She's not at all. I don't see that in any of them. No, no, they're not into the glamor of it all.
Speaker 2: Really No, No, you're right, none of them really are. But a lot of l a lot of people are in general, and not just LA people, Orange County whatever. But I thought that was like sweet, Like, don't I don't.
Speaker 1: Need they have a nice relationship. I really wish them all the best.
Speaker 2: They haven't gotten married, right, Kristen. No, she's still pregnant right now. So I wonder if we're going to see the wedding next season.
Speaker 1: Cares about a wedding, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like seeing weddings, birth and weddings.
Speaker 1: I would feel so shy if I had a wedding, Tamra, you would. I cannot take the attention. I wouldn't die if I hadn't. Oh my god, No, I get so embarrassed and shy. I can't shake it. First season, they had a birthday party for me they had a drag ma out in my room.
Speaker 2: Did you watch Tamra's OC wedding?
Speaker 1: I did it?
Speaker 2: Please don't, Oh my god. So the Nia goes home. She recaps a night with Danny, questioning what he was doing in the pantriaganet, but Danny doesn't seem to take her questions and concerns seriously. He brushes them off as being the roast of Danny.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, We've talked about these pantry issues before. This is not the first time a pant. Something happened in a pantry when I summer house. There was another thing I talked about in another episode. It's not the pantry again.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot goes on in a pantry, evidently on Bravo.
Speaker 1: Stay out of the pantry.
Speaker 2: But do you think that that maybe Danny has a drunk problem and not a drinking problem. Yes, yeah, that's what I think, because there is a difference. Like I'm not a good drunk. I can have a drink or two, but if I do anything more than that, like I just I lose it, Like I can't handle alcohol.
Speaker 1: There's a difference, you know, there is a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Janna and Jason are both leaning into Danny haven't a drinking problem, And that's kind of just how it ends.
Speaker 1: And isn't it up to Danny to say if he has a problem or not. Maybe he's not there yet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know, I've learned my lesson from last year, you know, calling my aunt cast members one like you, people are not ready to say.
Speaker 1: So you went through this last year, so you can speak on this. I can't tell me because most people on my cast don't drink, so they.
Speaker 2: Don't really not really, No, I just I just found out, like it's never good to accuse somebody of their drinking problems. It's just unless that person is willing to admit it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's not for you to say. It's not for you to tell. Yeah, exactly. So why aren't they getting the ship you got for saying it? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I was a little bit more vocal and true. But the pot call in the cattle.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: Talk about the world of double standard, right, Welcome to Most people that know me know that I'm not a big drinker. I just don't like the taste of it. I get nothing out of it. I'd rather eat, right, I don't want to get filled up on liquor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 1: Well that's it, that's how it ends.
Speaker 2: And thanks guys for tuning in to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod