Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it's on to Atlanta. On this edition of mix Shots from the s WBC podcast studio at the Beautiful Star in Frisco. It's the return of Everson Walls than on Mixshots.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me to come back and resume my place here in this wonderful establishment.
Speaker 3: And uh, I can't wait to hear your take the day after the day after, the day after, had a chance, right right, Okay, Nathan Frisco filled in for you yesterday.
Speaker 2: I heard man always appreciate you, my brother. You still alive?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, that's exactly right. We got a Mike McCarthy press conference going on at this hour. We will have football players on a football field, very windy day once again to day. What's the deal with Texas?
Speaker 2: I love it man.
Speaker 3: All that winds, Yes, it woke me up.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, you just leave it. One does open, man, and let the let the breeze come through, man, and blow out all that stuff that you've been holding in since the air condition is on all summer. Let that stuff out, man. The fall, that's what the fall is about. Clean all that stuff out.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't don't leave your windows open tonight, though you might get a rail. It may you may hail in your bedroom because it's supposed to be some overnight storms. But the reason I brought up the wind, it doesn't seem to be a day that would be conducive to working out outside for a football team. That's true. No, wind is good, but it works like they're set up to go outside. You're throwing.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I'm not throwing, not kicking. But if you're running, yeah, wind is good. Sorry, I'm sorry you won't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah a release longest? Is that your back?
Speaker 2: That's good? Good point, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you're going downhill with the wind at your back, then things are going all right?
Speaker 2: Can I have subject?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why is that step still down there by you? I notice it every day i'm walking. Are you is that yours? You know? Because Bill's over six feet, Bill's about sixty three, I'm over six feet. Is that for you? And why is that it's right next to you? I mean, do you do it?
Speaker 3: Am I the only one that sits here all day?
Speaker 2: Well, you're the only one that's short enough to say, you.
Speaker 3: Know, how do you know who else comes in here?
Speaker 2: They won't be as short as you.
Speaker 3: There's at least six podcasts.
Speaker 2: And they're all over six feet and they are not. I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: What that's a weird thing to bring up.
Speaker 2: What I'm wondering why the step stool is in here? It's been in here.
Speaker 3: Christ's going to have an answer.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's a step stool. It can it looks like a crate.
Speaker 2: It can be used as one. Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: The reason why it's sitting there is some people like to bring stuff into the studio that are not sponsors of the Cowboys, like drinks, So I have them sit it down there so in the breaks they can take their drink and put it back down there.
Speaker 2: In the tray. So is used as a tray they.
Speaker 3: Just put They just stood on top of a night stand.
Speaker 4: It's like a night stand. That's why it's there, and it's looking We're pulling. We're pulling the curtains back on all the fantastic.
Speaker 2: In his studio. He is not going to like that in his studio that I would say that.
Speaker 3: I just don't know why here a box and here relates to me being.
Speaker 2: Short because you have to step on it to be seen.
Speaker 3: To what he well, he thinks you have to step on it to get up into your.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna step We're gonna fight somebody else step.
Speaker 3: To step stool for making get up to do his real funny his height.
Speaker 2: Chair back back to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kind of sit here and be a punching bag. Okay, so at this hour Mike McCarthy is being a punching bag down in the interview. What would be your first question? Well, did you interview him already? No, not until tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's well, you're the one that's going to come up with your first question. I want an injury report. Okay, what's Michael Parsons?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you play the role of and you tell.
Speaker 2: Us what you know.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've talked to Britt yet. I gotta get that injury report. But we're gonna see he's probably starting with the rehab group and then we'll see if he moves into practice.
Speaker 4: On Micah, Yeah, no, ramp up, Bill, you're not asking the questions correctly.
Speaker 3: You have to say your name and then.
Speaker 2: Were and then after thank.
Speaker 3: You, Chris, CBS Sports Texas. Could you give us an update on Micah Parson just did. How about Deron Bland.
Speaker 5: I think it's encouraging that he could actually move into practice on a limited basis, but we want to keep an eye on that because last time he practiced fully, he woke up on Friday with a sore foot, and we don't want that to happen again.
Speaker 3: How about Amani o ru Warrior.
Speaker 5: I'm a little worried about that one. We'll see how it pans out the rest of the week, which if Bland's not ready to go and Kaylin Carson's not ready to go and o'ari is not ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's just like just like just like it's spelled.
Speaker 6: Oh are you w a r I y e Warri?
Speaker 3: There you go? Okay, right now, watch his first name, Kevin, Come on it, Okay, I'm trying to think if there's anything else. Next question, Uh, Texas.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is Everson Walls, Hamilton Park, Bobcats Hall of Fame State. Uh, what's up with the ramp ups? Remember that was a big thing about rehaving you know, we are they gonna skip that? Are we passed that because we were such dire strait.
Speaker 5: So we'll see how he is able to go and practice, because sometimes when you've been out that long, you need a couple of practices more than one or two to be ready to play.
Speaker 3: So we'll kind of monitor that.
Speaker 2: So that's two of them are probably on the same same pace.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, like like anything, that's kind of the procedure we follow.
Speaker 3: So coach, what about the turnovers or the lack of turnovers on defense and the abundance of turnovers on offense.
Speaker 5: That's a very big concern of mine because I think that, uh, every possession we have, every possession we have needs to end with a kick.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it either needs to be an extra point.
Speaker 5: A field goal, field goals man, but I don't want turnovers.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 3: Now, that was the other thing. Back to the injury report. What's the status of your kicker this week?
Speaker 2: Guilty innocent?
Speaker 3: I'll have to get back to you on that.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's done working.
Speaker 5: I think the trial got you know what, I don't think they continued the trial on Monday.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't resume till Tuesday.
Speaker 5: He didn't resume till Tuesday. They might still be going. And he's got to come here and kick at night with no lights.
Speaker 2: Well, he can only let him inside tonight, tonight, Maybe tonight.
Speaker 3: He'd be fine. Last high school football on Thursday got in the way. Yeah, yeah, and Friday nights high school football too, as long as there's no event on Wednesday night. The only issue that he really had last week was on kickoffs.
Speaker 5: Well, they tried to get fancy on the kickoffs, right, I mean, you were trying to do something to create better field possessions. And well, he tried to hit a line drive and he was hoping to hit it, you know where it would land inside the twenty and then roll into the end zone before anybody touches it so they can't return it.
Speaker 3: And if that happens, the ball comes out to the twenty. Okay, we have some breaking news here, and it's not a surprise because it's had to happen. I think the Cowboys are activating All Pro cornerback Deron Bland off injured reserve, but this twenty one day window was basically up. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yes, yes, so if.
Speaker 5: They do, we can't read anything now there, right, because if you leave them on injured reserve after his twenty one days are up, then he's on there for the season.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you started your twenty one day window, which means that it's sort of a surprise that he's gone this long and he's as a questionable status even going into this week. You would have started the window earlier. We had that setback. All I know weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Is I didn't have surgery and they put me down for three months.
Speaker 3: So he's at there. Were but twenty one day yas ago, they were optimistic that he'd be playing in a game. Yes, within twenty one days practiced game. They thought he was going to until he woke up with a sore foot.
Speaker 2: So god, there's so many other guys, d law, what's going on with that.
Speaker 3: He's he's still rehappened.
Speaker 5: He's on the resistance chords, So that's a step in the right direction. So is Marshawn Neelank. So once you get on the resistance chords. That's kind of moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: What about Cooks the wide receiving.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's just got to wait till his four weeks are up, which is after this week.
Speaker 2: And he's looking good.
Speaker 3: I mean he's I think, I mean, he's walking good. The infection has four weeks are up after the Atlanta game, so he'll be back for Philadelphia. Yeah, providing he doesn't have.
Speaker 2: To ramp up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But about those turnovers.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys and I was just looking at this stuff here, they're minus eight.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, minus seven the last two games.
Speaker 5: Yes, there, you know what the two teams worse than minus eight, and that would be Las Vegas two and six and Tennessee one in six. They're minus thirteen.
Speaker 2: Some company you don't want to get.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this just is I'm sure this is just consequential because of turnovers, But the league average is zero.
Speaker 3: Does that have to be that way? I guess no, I don't think so. Okay, well, yes it would have to be because you have you have to have to get away for a take take away, right, zero? That's right, That's that's it. That's an easy one. To figure out.
Speaker 5: That just dawned on me because there's in the stats there's three hundred. There's three hundred takes aways and three.
Speaker 7: All right, so that means so what that means that what that means is our opponents are plus eight.
Speaker 3: Yes, if we're minus eight, our opponents are plus eight.
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at me like I have to be? I got thank you, I'm man, we're here.
Speaker 3: And by the way, all right now, since we're on this and I'm ready to offer something else on.
Speaker 5: That, there's only there's only four teams that have fewer takeaways than the Cowboys five Philadelphia, four, Jacksonville four, Vegas four and Tennessee three Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That gives you some kind of reprieve, I guess.
Speaker 3: Because they're five and two. Yes, they've overcome the fact they haven't turned it over.
Speaker 2: But there's not.
Speaker 5: Only two teams that have turned it over more than the Cowboys thirteen times.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Now, added perspective on that, what over the course of the last three years, what is the Cowboys plus minus on turnovers? They were plus fourteen plus ten, plus ten plus thirty four, Yeah, plus thirty four the last three years on turnovers, And I think they are now they were first, fifth, and second maybe over the last three years. Okay, here's another thing.
Speaker 5: But let's discuss where do takeaways? Where are takeaways generated?
Speaker 2: Where are you mean how where.
Speaker 3: They're generated in the pocket?
Speaker 5: Yes, because the majority of turnovers are caused by pressure on the quarterback, either fumbles or pressure that caused interceptions. And the Cowboys haven't been very good pressuring opposing quarterbacks with their top four.
Speaker 3: Defensive ends out no doubt so to me.
Speaker 5: And that's where turnovers occur, because the quarterbacks either pressured and he's thrown the ball under the ress, or he's losing the ball, or you get a bad handoff. So those are things that create takeaways turnovers however you want to look at it, and the Cowboys haven't been very good at creating that or protecting their quarterback.
Speaker 3: And again it's minus seven the last two weeks. Yes, because it was against one against two teams that made it to the conference championship game last year. And in fact, when you look at the cowboys last three losses, they have come against three teams Baltimore, Detroit, and San Francisco that went to conference championship games.
Speaker 5: And that accounts for the turnovers, right, but they're not getting the ball either. No takeaways more so than anything else. So now, what would you attribute no takeaways from no pressure on opposing No Micah Yes, no, DeMarcus Lawrence, No Sam Williams, who's now out four hundred and thirty thousand dollars because they suspended them for three games. Wow for past defenses personal conduct?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, because somebody that affects him. It doesn't affect the team if you if you're going to have a player who's suspended for three games, you want that player not to be playing in those games anyway. But it does affect his pocketbook, you know.
Speaker 2: So which comes first, the inability to get pressure and get turnovers or the inability to stop the running game? Coach, Oh, that's a good.
Speaker 5: Question, Probably both, because what does that depend on? Still defensive front, and you've got to play better upfront to help stop the run or at least keep guys off your linebackers, and to counter that. In this last game, they put the linebackers on the line of scrimmage quite a bit, so they had to play it. It was like they had to figure out who to block not get off a block and go get the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Right and and in Donovan Wilson's defense, that's why his alignment was always compromised when he was trying to cover the.
Speaker 3: Tight end and playing in a trail position from the get goun.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, we need the force as well. So you know that puts him in a bind. You know that puts him in the buyd. So what I say about him still stands because at once, at that point you still have that matchup has nothing to do with the scheme. This is a matchup between you and that guy. You've covered him enough all game to where you should anticipate what's going on with him. He didn't do that well. But he was from the beginning compromised on the line of scrimmage because of how they had the alignment and they had the basically eight men of the box.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was there to help stop the run.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 5: And you know, somebody asked me, we got a mailbag question and it was like, are the safeties getting old? And it's like, well, they're twenty eight and twenty nine, No, they're not old. Like they couldn't run with Kittle. Now, there's a lot of safeties that probably can't run with Kittle or linebackers.
Speaker 2: By the way, he kill Burns. Come on, he's a pro bowler, He's all pro. He does it all the time. This is nothing new.
Speaker 3: That's what I tried to explain to people.
Speaker 5: Same thing with Bosa. Wow you're having trouble blocking Bosa. Oh yeah, yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean you're bad.
Speaker 2: It means you need to scheme. You're just not the best, right, but you need to scheme right.
Speaker 3: Exactly and keep them tight ends.
Speaker 2: Right. That was interesting. So yeah, that part obviously, the trenches. That's funny. How we sit up here and we got all this money out here for wide receivers and quarterbacks, and when it all comes down to it, it's still old school NFL football. You still need to run the game. You still need to win the game in the trenches. The only exception I've seen to that is Patrick Mahomes, like the four years ago, three years ago. Other than that, now he's also depending on his boys in the trenches to keep this team successful. So it's always done to that. No matter who you pay, you still need an offensive and d defensive line that can control the pace of a game.
Speaker 3: And remember when.
Speaker 5: They lost was it the loss in the Super Bowl or AFC Title game when they had all the injuries on their offensive line, and he paid the price the Kansas City Yes Homes, Yes, yes, you know all this stuff about the quarterback doesn't matter who's missing. The quarterback got to put the team on your shoulders. Well not if your defensive guys are on your shoulders.
Speaker 2: And that was the only time I've seen Patrick Mahomes under dus. That's the only game.
Speaker 5: So it looks like Atlanta runs out of a two tight end set Kyle Pitts and Charlie Werner or they're listing as starters.
Speaker 3: Well, they got too many men on the field.
Speaker 5: What they got three wide receivers and two tight ends in a running back.
Speaker 3: They can win with that one, no wonder there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're running the ball awfully well, right, So the their second guy is it? Is it Williams or is it all Jear Tyler? Tyler all Jear, He's their second.
Speaker 3: Albe Jones are top guy. Let's get into them when we come back here on mix Shots in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You Winscott kitchen slides.
Speaker 8: With the first Down, invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great. Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less feeling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 10: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers little Lighters in fact, less feeling and taste great. I'm Vyshine Legal Guy, Celebrate Responsiblelyla Walkee Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands, three point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 3: To mixed shots.
Speaker 2: Hey, parents, get ready for spook Tacular Time at Little Stars presented by Nona on Wednesday, October tenth. I'm sorry to make that October thirtieth. This free Halloween themed event is perfect for your little pumpkins age five and under. Join us from ten am to twelve pm for fun activities, silly games, and lots of treats. Visit the Starsdistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 5: How many Football Hall of Fame candidates are out there reading about little right?
Speaker 2: Little the little pumpkins, Little cute little pumpkins. That's so cute.
Speaker 4: Well, there was a lot of pumpkins out there because that event ended twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: So oh damn, I don't know if you should have.
Speaker 3: Did that read Let me see, let me see the read.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding you read the read again, because it is October thirtieth, Yes.
Speaker 3: Thirtieth, Okay, I correct.
Speaker 2: Here it's in the.
Speaker 4: Plaza, which here's the plaza right now.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, it was gone. Yeah, it's done.
Speaker 3: Ry Orange, you just missed these sular See you next year. Little Stars presented by Noondare. It just completed this morning. It was a free Halloween themed event. It was perfect for your little pumpkins. Age five and under. Yes, you were able to join us from ten am to noon for fun activity, these silly games and lots of treats. H you know in the future though, in case you missed that, visit the Star District dot com.
Speaker 2: That was impressive because it was a review.
Speaker 5: It looks like that Mike McCarthy press conference is going on because he was up on the big screen there.
Speaker 3: Would you like to watch it on the big screen in the Tostitos Championship plaza if we could hear it? No, Well, why we need to hear it when you were the one that is giving us exactly what he's talking about. See how good I did? Well? I got a little bit of news on Micah. He's with the rehab group today. What did you say, Uh, that.
Speaker 5: He would start with the rehab group and see how it goes, see if we can get him into practice.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what he said. In fact, it says no practice today for Micah Parsons. He'll work in the rehab group. The quote from Mike McCarthy, he's making games each week, he's just not ready to get in the practice format.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 3: Doran Bland will be with the rehab group today. The plan is for Bland to rejoin practice tomorrow. Micah is just not ready to get into a practice format yet. High angle, high ankle springs.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: What about.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, didn't ask about him, Well, let me continue to yes, But he left the game with a back injury, and Mike said, well, here's your news. When Dorn Bland came off the IRMANNI went on and I was going to say they had to make room for back injury.
Speaker 2: So just tight.
Speaker 5: Gower the question on Monday, he said, it doesn't look good man, we get some of the weird.
Speaker 3: I think he got need in the back.
Speaker 2: Or it was on the tackle right in front of me on the goal line with.
Speaker 4: Number Debo and he got hit really hard and he was down hurting really bad when they went over there.
Speaker 2: So there's a lower back layer.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, and filled in admirably when the Cowboys needed him for a couple of games. So if he's true. Did they ask about Kaitlin Carson, Well, let me continue to search.
Speaker 5: Because they would need him to start if he's ready to go otherwise.
Speaker 2: A shoulder, yes, yes, And he was inactive.
Speaker 3: This last game, which meant when O'Ree went out.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: Actually they started the game with Jordan Lewis at corner back, and then Overy eight came in at corner he bet moved back to the slot, and then when he went out, they used mccuamu as one of the corners.
Speaker 2: It's not new to him. I mean, he did that last year, didn't.
Speaker 3: And now because Andrew Booth was inactive. So and it's just one thing after another, rash of injuries at defensive end and cornerback on right team. Yeah, but you've kept Trayvon Diggs and Jordan Lewis up. Thank Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, do we have any ideas if we're bringing anyone in? Do we need to bring some other players in?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do we need to think of making another Mary Cooper move like we did what four years ago?
Speaker 3: Aline? There's a trade deadline next Tuesday?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Okay, let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: If if there was a position on the team that you would like to get some to fortify, what position would it be the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: Since we need him to keep them off the linebackers, keep people off the linebackers. I gotta go with the defensive end, defensive tack Henry.
Speaker 3: They already brought him in.
Speaker 2: How's he doing?
Speaker 3: He had that boy, he had that pick six out. He was going to get that pick six. He was going to make a name for himself. And then brock perty turned it up field for nine years.
Speaker 2: And the reason Brock Turny did that, because brock Pery did that was because he had no pressure. He had time to make up his mind.
Speaker 3: He wasn't pretty Okay, I just called him turny, So.
Speaker 2: I can't say, but.
Speaker 3: Right, Atlanta man, I heard b Jean Robinson in an interview on Monday, and I could not be more impressed with that guy. Sharp guy, right, very sharp guy. Yeah, yeah, I mean very mature.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Longhorn here, that's right, Yeah, it must be pretty good, very mature.
Speaker 3: And so this is aside from his obvious talent on the field. You can see, that's the kind of stuff that when you decide to make a guy a first round draft pick, that's the kind of stuff you got to check out, make sure that he's going to be the right kind of guy. And and he's not only a first round draft pick, a top ten pick and It's rare these days to make a running back a top ten pick, but I think he and you've got Jamior Gibbs, and that's the war turning. Now everybody wants a running back.
Speaker 2: I was just saying earlier while you guys were doing your little studying. Man, the basics are still the basics. You can pay who you want to pay. You can talk about the important thing is to get the right guy. But you got to get the right guys around that right guy. You know that right guy. You can't do it by himself.
Speaker 3: You can't swing and miss on a first round pick. Yeah, and I don't care whether it's a because I think when you look at it for a first round pick, you're looking at the next five years because you've got a fifth year option on them, and anything beyond that, okay, you kind of look at it like college recruiting. Okay, you're not building because you can see how financially strapped a team can become when you have such a good first round pick that now you've got he's the best defensive player in the league and now, or the best wide receiver or one of the best, and now you're paying thirty five million a year whatever. You got to look at the here and now. Yeah, just like it, you know, And so okay, the running back shelf life is only five years, will get him at its best five years and not where you're having to go look for a running back at age twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine. Right, and now you're thirty first in the league, and.
Speaker 5: So you're subscribed, subscribing to the philosophy, get them for five years and let him go.
Speaker 3: Basically, and the other issue of here's here's where the value of the drafting a running back in the first round might be greater. Now if he is still playing at a high level after his fifth year. Running Backs aren't getting paid thirty five million dollars a year, you know, so the market value, the market value tells you, okay, yeah, take that running back in the first round. You're for sure getting five years.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: However, along he stays have thoughtever okay, and then if he's still going good there, you're not going to be strapping your team your salary cap. I don't know.
Speaker 5: After this year, the market's probably going may turn back around. They paid Derrick Henry, right, so the next guy that's available is going to like, well, I got to have more than that.
Speaker 3: I gotta have more. I got to ten to twelve?
Speaker 2: How many? How many running backs that they have injured on this team versus the other positions?
Speaker 3: When you think about just one with a high fever.
Speaker 2: That's it. Try everybody else, every other position as somewhere except for the running back.
Speaker 3: Because the running backs only carry the ball like each of them all they carry like six times, so they don't get hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, you're saving it. I think we've been getting injured on some players who don't even hardly play at all, and all of a sudden they go in the game and get hurt. So it didn't take long. I don't care what the position, it doesn't take long. That's right.
Speaker 3: Even it was the fourth player.
Speaker 2: Of the game. See what I'm saying, Come on, come on.
Speaker 3: But anyway, the Cowboys aren't even averaging twenty twenty runs a game. They've played seven seven games. Yes, so twenty twenty twenty two. You're just looking at running backs running the Cowboys run. No, just the running game. They have averaged twenty two carries a game, and some of those are turpin or Cede lamb Dak's not running much at all.
Speaker 5: No, Dak is trying to So Lamb had Lamb has eight, Dak has ten, that's eighteen, Turpin has five, twenty three.
Speaker 3: Cook has six, that's twenty nine. Oh no, yeah, no two? Okay six was Delvin Cook?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rush has two.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're not average. The running backs aren't averaging twenty runs a game. That's why they're only averaging.
Speaker 3: And you got Atlanta stats in front of you, I do what are they doing?
Speaker 2: Remember a little different, a little different?
Speaker 3: What are the total carries for Algier and Robinson? One eighty four and they've played eight games, one hundred and eighty four, so about twenty four, five, twenty three.
Speaker 2: And after that.
Speaker 3: Cousins has fourteen, But those certainly weren't called.
Speaker 2: So what what does it?
Speaker 5: What? What?
Speaker 2: What use is? What use is the RPO? If you have a quarterback that doesn't want to run.
Speaker 3: Well I don't. I don't even think they've run that very much anymore. Well, if you're talking about a zone read, yeah, the quarterback is not gonna run. But on RPO is there's a lot of okay fake to the running back, And basically it's the line movement and whether the linemen are going downfield or not, and so you pull it out and you throw it to tight end or whoever or it or yeah, or the quarterback can run it. But as far as the RPO, it's all about the whether the linemen are firing off downfield for a run or or and boy are they watching offensive lineman And that's why they're watching it because of the RPOs, because everybody was using it so much, right because right, well, I thought we should have because it's a trigger for the defense. If if the lineman, it's a key for the defense. If the linemen are firing up, they know it's a run play.
Speaker 2: I'm making my references towards the third and five. Well, clearly, Dak instead of handing it to Lipkey, he should have clearly taken it outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like on his r didn't like that third down run.
Speaker 2: I mean, Lipkey did his best, but that once again, well, I.
Speaker 3: Think and that was the communication I believe. Reading through the lines of what McCarthy's talking about and Schottenheimer about the communication on the offensive line, and McCarthy said plays four or five and six in that San Francisco game, they had communication issues on their offensive line, and those are when Lipkey gets hit when he basically has no place to run on that play, Well, someone's there, spent. There was a communication problem where no one blocked that linebacker. It was Warner too, of all people. And then when Zeke, when the same thing happens with Zeke's there's a communication issue, and then that's why that linebacker is there.
Speaker 2: So when that when Dak left it in, it's because he didn't see one of them coming.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't even know. I think it was a straight handoff.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, you had one of the linemen was pulling with Dak clearly clearly in front of him. It was third and five. He was clearly in front of him.
Speaker 3: Was the lineman that we would have blocked Waterer.
Speaker 2: So once again, the quarterback or somebody has to know that. Okay, it's also a communication.
Speaker 3: It's not just a communication issue with between but with the quarterback and the line too.
Speaker 2: But he's got to see it. The man's in front of you, so therefore he's not there to block him.
Speaker 3: He's with you, so go, I mean, come on, you got to be like an option quarterback's and he nothing like that before that's right, Ala Iran in college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on to death to death. So now that you know, just those little plays like that, to where they were clearly in control of that play and now we got to kick it away. That's right, just one of those things.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to kick it away right now and we'll be back on war mix shots and just thement.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right now to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tailgay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 3: Demitt Shuts.
Speaker 2: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium all the grad from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit AT and T. Visit A T T Stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets today. And this is an updated Rally Day announcement.
Speaker 3: And that is not that is when, and that is current. If that wasn't this morning, that was this morning.
Speaker 2: Father Dad, you.
Speaker 3: Got an appearance there.
Speaker 7: I do not know.
Speaker 2: I've always done my I did mine a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have more breaking news. Cornerback cornerback position. No practice today for Cowboys cornerback Trayvon Diggs. He's dealing with an undisclosed injury.
Speaker 2: Probably because he punts somebody. He was going right.
Speaker 3: All right, which you weren't here yesterday, and we discussed the much balllyhood play that was tweeted about on the George Kittle forty three yard run and what was Trayvon Diggs doing on that play? And I thought, I said yesterday, he was doing exactly what he needed to do on that play. So I need to hear from a Hall of Fame semi corner should be cornerback a Hamilton Park, Hall of Fame cornerback cornerback Hamilton Park, bobcat Okay, Hall of Fame cornerback Everson Walls. Tell me your read on Trayvon on that play.
Speaker 2: You know, as I looked at the play, I was disappointed as I talked about with Donovan Wilson's positioning. But as Donovan was was tracking uh, what's the guy good named Ken Kettle Kettle? As he was tracking him down, it looked as if he was about to make the tackle. Trayvon is doing just like the other I think it was a hooker was also involved with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was between Digs and Kittle.
Speaker 2: There you go. So Trayvon, first of all, you have to be careful that you don't overtrack. So you have to keep leverage just in case he comes tries to cut back inside, because Hooker would have made him do that. So therefore you keep your positioning behind Hooker right, make sure he doesn't cut back inside. But if he continues to proceed towards the end zone, that's what happened, and so Hooker knocked him out of bounds, along with Diggs, who kept his leverage properly. I thought that his pursuit. If you're gonna nitpick, hey, I wish he'd run faster to show some urgency. But if you're showing too much urgency, then you're still going to be out of position. That's right. So he was right where he needed to be. I'm sure he's pissed off watching a guy just run down the field like that, And when it was time to make a play, he made the play. If you're gonna point out Trayvon Diggs on that play, you might as well go point out some other linebacker or defensive lineman and say, hey, why don't you guys sprinting all the way down there for that? I thought it was very unfair. I like my man who made the post Man. Love him. He's a good guy. I want to work with him sometimes. But that was unnecessary and I think it shows that sometimes the media can get so frustrated with losing, just like the teams can.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting little take because.
Speaker 3: He was clearly instead of being objective, they get mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get mad because hey, look what's going on, and then you just stop pointing fingers when really there are no fingers to point in those directions, and only that the guy that didn't make the play.
Speaker 5: And the other thing Diggs got criticized for as as soon as he got in the locker room, he was on his phone right because he saw somebody posted it to him. Did anybody consider that he was checking to see an update on his brother, who tore.
Speaker 2: His ACL out for the season.
Speaker 5: Out for that and it happened in the It was the early game, right, Buffalo plays early game. Yes, it was so he probably for Houston, but grabbed his phone.
Speaker 2: Was against it was against?
Speaker 3: Was not sorry Indianapolis?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah I spoke, but yeah, I didn't see the injury. But all I know is he's walking around and then he.
Speaker 3: Just prior to the game, it was uncertain what the status was on Stefan Diggs. He had suffered a knee injury, but they didn't know how severe it was. In fact, it wasn't until the next day before it was announced he tore his a c L.
Speaker 2: Well did so. Wait he was he had problems before the game.
Speaker 3: No, But what I'm saying, that's the what Mickey's saying is the reason that tray Vaon was immediately going to his phone was to check on the status. Was an early game and I'm sure he had a text from a friend or whatever. Hey, this reporter said this about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you got two things you got to deal with.
Speaker 3: Having said that this, don't worry about the reporter, Yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you got something to say, if they want to talk to you, man, wait till I put him on the podium, you know, put him on out to coach McCarthy and then you can actually talk to him. But you know, there are times when you know, we start just what they say throughout the baby with the bathwater. You know, we're just blaming everyone for everything. And it's enough blame to go around. But if you're going to blame somebody be accurate in which you're in how you do.
Speaker 3: It, especially since he was in man coverage.
Speaker 2: He came off as man, he pursued the play, tracked him down save the touchdown. It's not his job to go over there and jump on the entire pile and just try to figure out which one is Kittle.
Speaker 3: And he was not going to get to that point on the sideline to be in on the tackle on Kittle until Kittle got to the four yard line, which is where he got there, and got there exactly when he needed to get He took the proper try and in the meantime to the untrained eye, it looks like he's loafing, but he's he's he's got it measured. He knows how much room he's got there to get to the to be able to get to Kittle to keep him from scoring on the sideline, but he has to guard against the.
Speaker 2: Cutback along with a fellow defender.
Speaker 3: He can't go through, he can't go through Chris Connelly and Malie Hooker to get to Kittle, and then he's totally out of position. Then Kittle scores because there's nobody to get him at the four yard line. That's great, but being first is better than being accurate.
Speaker 2: Yep, that that was something that you could tell. That was one of those gotcha moments. That was just you missed, you missed, and you cause a lot of unnecessary problems.
Speaker 3: And then you made yourself the story because now you can talk about it.
Speaker 2: That has never been his style. Yes, don't get started.
Speaker 3: We're out of time. Bick shots the two by the way, the two Yankee fans are not getting to go to the game tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, I heard about that Life.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that Life tried to take the glove off?
Speaker 2: And that was just the man he got his wrists.
Speaker 3: That was so New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's why I love it.
Speaker 3: At least at least in Chicago. The guy tried to catch the ball, right, unbelievable. I mean, the one guy's holding him there and the other one trying to get the ball.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the guy in Chicago, Yeah, for a while, because he was so meek looking and he had, you know, he was he was concerned and he felt bad, you know, for what he did. But these guys, they were laughing.
Speaker 3: I got them, I got his gloves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't catch it, did you?
Speaker 3: Now he made all the people in New York.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, the facts of the fact that was crazy man, Okay, the facts that was it wasn't. That wasn't all New Yorkers. But that guy right there, if it was going to happen, you say, yeah, that was probably in New York.
Speaker 3: That's right, Just like the the you the other day. This was New York. I asked Date yesterday about Tyreek Stevenson the same question. He's agreed, Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Knew from Florida. He probably knew already.
Speaker 3: All right, out a time again, Yes, shot clock ran out on us again there, all right, who's that remind you of the shot clock running out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Skip Bayley.
Speaker 2: Break up? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that does it to mixed shots and we will shot at you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.