Speaker 1: Welcome in What Driving the Great Episode three seventy. This episode, as always, is brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. Another reminder for everybody, the week four Gambling Show comes out Friday morning with our five picks that could. We almost had. I text Demanse midway through Sunday football and I was like, I'm staring oho and five in the face and oh and five is tough to recover from. Luckily, the Chargers rallied and then the Lions were never a doubter or getting four and a half, and so two and three we can deal with. So you know what I mean, the you treading water in that regard. So that the gambling and Pick show comes out tomorrow. Also a little note that is relevant probably more to the Blue Duck and Volume crew than it is. And I'm trying to hold back a sneeze than it is to Demanse, but to not tomorrow Friday bucket list might be strong but close to bucket list event for me as and maybe I said this on Tuesday, and I'll remember going to the Writer Cup, the Rider Cup held every two years, every only every four years? Is it in the US. It's the US against great Britain or the US against Europe. Pardon me, it's either in Great Britain or the US Golf tournament being held at Bethpage Black and Me, Danny and Hubbs whole. First things, First, crew going out there, so I can't that'll be that'll be all time see Rory se Scheffler and in what will be a really raucous crowd. Now here's a thing before we get to the show, which is a little tricky, okay, Tomansey. So first of all, it's on Long Island. The Ryder Cup is very patriotic typically you know when it's in it When it's in Europe, the crowd is rooting for the Europeans when it's here, like people are wearing flags and stuff. That the Long Island golf patriotic crowd is not the patriotic part about it, But the Long Island golf crowd, it's not really my crowd to begin with. You then add to it, I might have with our friends at hard Rock Bet made a few wagers on Europe and so so so I might I might be out there. I think I'm gonna have to at least be appearing to root for the home side. But I'm gonna have a financial interest in Europe potentially winning. It could create some awkward spots for me out there, but I'm very very excited to go. So I'm doing that. And the other thing. Saturday. Saturday one of the best college football slates in years, and so we'll touch on that at some point a bit today. But you have obviously Georgia Bama, you have Penn State, Oregon. You have just great games all over the place. Let's get, however, to straight the voicemail brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile, Zion looking great, saying he hasn't felt this great since college. He looked awesome. Man. I hope he can stay healthy. I still I have not sold all my Zion stock. I like when he came into the league, I said he had MVP potential, and to me, he kind of immediately showed it those first couple of years when he played. He just obviously couldn't stay healthy. As when he'll stay in shape. Jason Tatum, he hasn't ruled out playing this season. I will be rooting for him to do it. I think that would be a very tough putt, but I thought he did a really good job talking about yesterday about how vulnerable he felt, how sad he was, and you know, being open about that. So I was happy he'd be ready for that, right, I don't know. I mean, he the Achilles is typically not a nine month injury. It's a true twelve month injury. And twelve months obviously would be like round two of the playoffs. And would you want his first action to be in the playoff cauldron? I don't know. Listen, I am. I'm rooting for all these guys to get back early, but I so I'm not going to put a ceiling on what he can do. And I know that he has been rehabbing his ass off. It seems it seems ambitious. But yeah, but listen, I'll root for him. And then tonight Arizona Seattle in a Thursday night game that I listen. I know both these teams have good records, both these teams are two and one. I'm excited to actually have this be the only game on because it will give me an opportunity to probably watch these teams closer than I've watched them up to this point. I know that I said a few weeks ago that that Thursday night game could be you know, a date night Thursday night. I've decided I'm gonna because they're both at this point, relevant teams get an opportunity to watch them. So like rate subscriber review to the pod on YouTube, on iTunes, on Spotify, wherever you do it. And now we get to the early season game of the year this Baltimore has been involved. There have been three games of the year so far, Bill's Ravens to open the season, Chiefs Eagles in week two, and now Bill's Ravens week four. I'm sorry, Chiefs Ravens week four. So the Chiefs or the Ravens have been involved in all three of the biggest games of the year. Let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so your Chiefs of my Ravens face off this weekend. Yeah, they're both looking at one and three starts between the two. Who do you think has more on the line?
Speaker 1: I listen, I saw Orlovsky this morning, say it's clearly the Chiefs. I know that the Chiefs are the team that people have been far more panicked about than Baltimore. I think people have this flatly wrong. It is to me, unquestionably Baltimore that has more on the line, and it is for two very distinct reasons that apply to Baltimore in a way they don't apply to Kansas City. The first one is this, if we believe these even though one of these teams is going to be one in three, that both of these teams still bill have Super Bowl aspirations, and that Baltimore certainly still has Super Bowl aspirations, they have to win this game for two reasons that are related to each other. One is, maybe by winning this game, you won't have to go through Kansas City in the playoffs. And by winning this game, if you do have to play Kansas City in the playoffs, you have some reason to believe you can beat them. Lamar and the Ravens have lost five of the six games they've played against Patrick and the Chiefs. They have lost four in a row. They have lost in Baltimore, they have lost in Kansas City. Lamar, who has the highest passer rating in the history of the NFL, has an eighty passer rating against the Chiefs. Lamar has not played a singularly great game against Kansas City except for one time. The one time they won, and I think that was thirty six thirty five after Clyde Edwards Hilaire fumble and then Baltimore went for a fourth down smartly late nice the game. There is a massive psychological edge the Chiefs have over the Ravens, and even if the Ravens win this game, they are not going to have a psychological edge on Kansas City. And so like if the Ravens win, the Chiefs are not going to if they were to play in the playoffs, go into that game thinking we can't beat this team. But if the Chiefs win, how can Baltimore credibly think that the Chiefs don't simply have their number? And so I also think that the Ravens upcoming if they fall to one in three, a team that oddly to me, and we talked about it a lot Tuesday, felt tight and anxious in their game against Detroit. Their next two games home for the Texans with a great defense but a terrible offense, and then home for the Rams. That's concerning the Chiefs. Meanwhile, the game after this is Jacksonville. Now you can say Jacksonville is better than Houston, and I know they're two and one, Houston's zero and three, and Jacksonville just beat Houston. It still feels to me like Houston has a higher upside potentially than Jacksonville. So I, yeah, that's what I was about to saying, right, correct, Then no, then they have the Lions. But I also think because after the Lions, the Chiefs get Rashi Rice back, that there is a level of okay, Like let's say they lose to Baltimore and lose the Alliance and they're and they beat Jacksonville and they're two and four. Getting Rashi Rice back, I still feel like the team psychologically will feel like, all right, yeah, now we're finally whole. Yeah, let's just we're not gonna have home field, We're probably not gonna win the division. Let's just see if we can get in and be scary. I and that is that's one of the reasons that I just listen, I'm not gonna panic about either of it for a few weeks. Yeah, well, correct, Like I just unless you are going to go as far as to say Kansas City, I fear is going to miss the postseason. I don't think anybody actually believes they're not a terrifying team once the postseason begins. Even if they get there by going ten and seven, they got there by going eleven and six two years ago and won the Super Bowl, going to Buffalo, going to Baltimore, And so I just I also think there is a level of in the commentariat offensive bias that is showing up in the way we talk about Buffalo. I'm sorry Baltimore. In Kansas City, Kansas City's offense has been its biggest concern. Kansas City's offense kind of across the board is mid their average, they're thirteenth in this seventeenth and that fourteenth and this fifteenth and that they're just average, and that has caused massive concern. Baltimore's defense has been its problem, and they're awful in everything and that so the side of the ball Kansas City is struggling on. They're struggling to the tune of being average. The side of the ball Baltimore is struggling on. They're struggling to the tune of being horrible. And there is go ahead.
Speaker 2: With that said about Baltimore's defense, If Kansas City still if the offense still struggles.
Speaker 1: Then what Yeah, that even with well Worthy's coming back too, so the so that's a good question. If they win a low scoring game, I do, then that is great. You know what, I like if they win, if they win the score the way they beat Baltimore in the AFC Title Game seventeen to ten, then I and the offense doesn't cook, but they win, I don't care. I do not care if they don't, you know so, because I also but now if they let me eat, I'm gonna say a bunch here if they lose. If Baltimore scores a ton and the Chiefs just can't keep up and they lose twenty eight thirteen something like that, that'll be concerning about what the Chiefs offense actually is and how much just getting Rashi Rice back will fix it. I also have and I don't know if statistically this has been proven or even it can be backed up or anything, but it feels to me like very often games take on a personality, and like one of the reasons Cowboys Giants was high flying the way it was was the off one team's offense, but get another team's offense. Does that make sense? Like it was that that game led to the personality. Almost of that game was quick drives, deep bombs, You score, I score, you score, I score. The very next week, that same Giants offense played a Chiefs team that was stuck in the mud, long drives, no explosives, and they didn't have any. So I so that's the same Giants offense right now. The Chiefs defense is obviously better than the Cowboys defense, but not thirty five points better, you wouldn't think. And yet that's you know, that's what we got in that game. And so my point is this, I think the Ravens offense, I don't think this is going to be a thirty one to twenty eight game. I think this is far more likely to be a because we the Eagles can be high flying and high scoring, the Chargers can be high scoring. Both teams have played the Chiefs and the game has kind of taken on the personality of the current Chiefs, which is these long drives, fight for yards. And I don't think that's just because of the Chiefs defense. I think that. Again, I can't prove it, and maybe what I'm saying right now sounds weird, but I just think sometimes games take on, like I said, a personality almost and there is somehow a butterfly effect of one team's offense hitting deep shots leading to another team's offense hitting deep shots. It's just from my exp because here's the other thing that's really weird about kind of consuming football and how we feel watching it. So you would agree Tomanse that that Chiefs Giants game, the Chiefs offense looked hard to watch and stagnant. Yeah, right, that it was a bad offensive game and they finished with twenty It would have been twenty three, but twenty two points because they missed the extra point. You would agree, So the Chiefs in that game scored twenty two. You would agree that Ravens Lions. The Ravens offense was moving the ball seemingly at will, and the problem in that game wasn't the offense. Yeah, And you would have felt that way even if they didn't get that garbage time touchdown. You know, when they were down fourteen. The Ravens going into garbage time of that game had twenty four points, and it felt like the offense was doing whatever it wanted. The Chiefs fought and clawed an ugly football, scored twenty two points, and it felt like the offense could do nothing. So again, I'm not what I'm kind of almost talking about like ideas here Giants. No, I agree, but the Giants defense is supposed to be decent and the and we don't look at the Lions as a great defense. And so the point I'm making is sometimes you can score twenty four points and it can look it can feel like your offense was humming, and you can score twenty three points and it can feel like your offense couldn't do anything. And so I just feel like we are going to get a slugfest in Kansas City where every yard is going to be, you know, hard to get. Because and here's the other reason. I don't think Baltimore's past defense is as bad as the numbers suggest. I think their run defense is horrible, truly horrible. And I just don't know if the Chiefs have the personnel to take full advantage of a horrible run defense like that. That was the story of Ravens Lions was the run defense. And so I if there was ever gonna be a time for Pacheco to look like Pacheco from a couple of years ago, this would be this game. I just don't know if they had it, I don't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Would you say, I do go ahead, Who do you think on your team needs to step up the most in this game?
Speaker 1: I think this is what have I said about Travis. They's got five or six great games left in it. Yeah, this would be a good time for one of them. Yeah, he's he's had a rough start to the season. He has owned this matchup. Getting Worthy back should open things up in the middle of the field a little bit more. And Tae Kwan Thornton all of a sudden you have to take him seriously, at least as a deep threat. And so I this would be a nice Travis Kelsey game. I am I believe. Listen, I think Kansas.
Speaker 2: City is that's a crazy question, but.
Speaker 1: Badly. Yes, absolutely, And now listen, I'm gonna be holding my breath on the Worthy stuff because we're only a few weeks removed from that shoulder dislocation, and he's gonna the further down the road we get, the stronger that shoulder gets. So I don't think Worthy is gonna be like super featured in the game plan, but I think just having him out there should help quite a bit. Uh no surprise here. One of my picks on the gambling show is gonna be the Chiefs plus the points because I think they're gonna win. Uh Demons and I will make We're gonna figure out some type of wager to make on this game. It won't be financial, but some type of woyager to make on this game. Uh tomorrow during the gambling show. I have some ideas. I think a few have some ideas that it feels like it can be financial on my end, But I the I won't, I I listen, I won't. I won't accept the request or the or the transfer if it's from you. I'm not taking money from you. So it's gotta be more. It's gotta be you are gonna have to do something and I'm gonna have to give something. Is I think the way to make this bet feel something. We'll figure something out, all right, we'll get to Sunday Night Football on the moment. But first, today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. If you love betting on sports, or you just love sports and want to try betting, the hard Rock Bet sportsbook app makes it simple plus packed with great insights, NonStop promos every day of the week. Week four kicks off tonight Seattle and Arizona. I'm looking at to Sunday hard Rock Bets stats hub right there in the app showing me that Kansas City has won ten in a row at home against the AFC. I didn't even I didn't realize that. I guess I should have known that, but I didn't realize that they've won ten in a row at home against the AFC. You can get some juicy odds if you want to tail Kansas City against Baltimore on the hard Rock Bet app. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you not only get your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. Plus Tonight, on a hard rock Bet you can get a Thursday Night profit boost for the game boost your same Game Parlay or same Game Parlay Max, so your bet plays pays extra winnings, new promos every day. So if you're listening to this later, open the app check out what they've got going any day of the week. Download the hard bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal Hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, Call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred. Gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, to Montay, Let's go to Sunday night football. All right, MICHAEH.
Speaker 2: Parsons is returning to Dallas to face to face Dallas. I'm sorry. He said it's gonna be very difficult to sack that Dak Prescott Greenway.
Speaker 1: Hold on, He didn't say it was gonna be difficult, like hard to do people like emotionally difficult. Hard.
Speaker 2: Green Bay's offense get it, gets a chance to rebound on that crummy Dallas defense. Jesus Christ, who has a bigger statement to make. Jordan Love in the offense or Micah Parsons in the defense, I would say.
Speaker 1: Yes, no question about it. I listen, Jordan Love. Brew picked Jordan Love and he wasn't the only one to win League MVP this year. I think Jordan Love having that mindset would be terrible for the Packers. He does not have to be great, He has to be steady in a weird way, even though they're incredibly different players and it's for incredibly different reasons. Jordan Loved to me is in the same boat as Jared Goff. Now, Golf is in the boat as far as responsibility to the team, and the responsibility is make the plays that are there, don't make big mistakes. And for Golf, they are an offensive first team and that's his responsibility. But it's because they have so many dynamic weapons, right, So he just don't be the reason you lose. Green Bay doesn't have nearly the weapons Detroit has. What they have though, is a dominant defense and an opportunistic defense. And what Love simply can't do is what he did last week that that interception to the the best offensive play of the year thus far, was Justin Herbert's touchdown pass last weekend, shaking off the rusher, stepping up in the pockets, slinging it almost side armed on a dime. The worst offensive play of the year this season was Jordan Love's interception to the Facto. Lose that Browns game, and if the Packers end up in a shootout, then then we can take the training wheels off a bit. But they're not in a They thus far have not been in shootouts. Now. Our producer Daniel, who is a Packer fan, says two has had fifty worst plays. I disagree. I'm talking about the day. It was the only way for Green Bay to lose that game, So I'm not listen. Cam Ward's had some brutal plays, obviously, there have been some in a vacuum plays that looked worse or you know, than the Jordan Love play. What I'm saying is snatching a victory out of the jaw, No, snatching a defeat out of the jaws of victory for a team that had no business losing that game. That Jordan Love play is my first draft pick of it, and I think against the Cowboys defense, you're gonna have plenty of layups that can be big plays. And I do think Micah is gonna have his damn hair on fire. And I think the Cowboys with no CD lamb and I think with Tyler Booker or their first round pick out, this game could be ugly. Now, the Cowboys have enough offensive firepower that I don't think I'm gonna lay the seven points on the road with Green Bay. But I do think that it is far more likely the Packers blow out the Cowboys than it is the Cowboys win again. I demon's I don't give you teaser coaching, but I'm telling you right now, if I were doing a teaser this weekend, teasing green Bay down to a pick them is like a must have leg. I just think there is what you have the other way on it.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no, no, I've got something on it.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that au.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's just going against all your rules. It shocks me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what's my rules? What do you mean? Zero? Well, I I also would do you like eight? But you like eight point teasers. I'm just saying the old traditional six point teaser the getting Yes, I mean, I don't the I think of teasers in six point denominations. Uh, So what if if I were doing a six point teaser this weekend, having green Bay down to either minus a half point or minus one would be a must have because I just do not see a path for Dallas to win this game. And I think this is here's my Jerry Jones take. I think the reason Micah is not getting a tribute video is because Jerry Jones is embarrassed. And I think Jerry Jerry loves a spectacle. Jerry loves a show. Jerry loves more, you know, an event, and I think that under normal circumstances, he would announce We're gonna do something special for Micah Parsons. I think Jerry does not want to see the Cowboys fans in Jerry World stand and applaud Micah Parsons, and that's why he's not getting it. And so standing ovations. Oh yeah, absolutely they do. But this is and so listen. I love the Packers this week, and I think it's a get right spot and I think they will get right. Uh. And I think Michael will have a big game. Uh, the Cowboys might. Now Micah might have a big game by virtue of creating pressure for other people to clean up on the sacks or getting double teamed. The Cowboys might be like, Mike is just not going to be the one who beats us, So be it buying Micah's impact will be felt heavily on this game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data, good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home. How about that or a home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone Pro and get you set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle, so that you get the new iPhone. It comes right to you and a tech comes in, get all your stuff transferred, get you set up on the network. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boost mobile dot Com. Terms of course do apply. All right, demanse, Let's get to another huge game this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your guy Baker takes on Philly this weekend and the last couple that well, the Bucks are very banged up. By the way, the last couple of times they've faced Philly, they have they've beaten them. And what version of the Philly offense do you think they we're gonna get well.
Speaker 1: So this is interesting. The Eagles are on this seventeen game winning streak when Jalen starts and finishes games that game started. The last time they lost, I should say, was against Tampa. Tampa did beat them in the playoffs soundly. I think Jalen's like one in four in his career against Tampa and an unbelievable record against everybody else. I am worried about Tampa this weekend because the injuries are crazy, and it is cluster offensive line injuries, which is the cluster injuries are one thing. Cluster offensive line injuries are disastrous. So Tristan Wurf's still you know, they're still trying to get him back. They've got two other offensive linemen on the ir so you're potentially down three offensive linemen. Mike Evans is not going to play. You worry Levonte David. It popped up on the injury report it and by the way, Baker was limited in practice this week. Now the Eagles are dealing with injuries of their own. But it's not on the offensive line. I know Lane Johnson suffered the stinger on everyone's favorite play, the Early Bird, but the Bucks might be too banged up in this spot, and it is to me a really concerning injury spot for Tampa. Because of that Demonse, I think that the Eagles should open it up offensively. I just don't think now the injuries for Tampa, to be clearer, are Tampa's offensive side of the ball. It's not that I'm saying the injuries are going to make the Tampa defense susceptible. What I'm saying is I think Philly has a bit of a margin of error here to play with. And I also think with Saquon not playing great and he just hasn't yet, maybe he will, but he is a lot of carries. Last year, with aj Brown clearly wanting you to open it up, with the game play in last week being so disastrous that you found yourself in that massive hole, and with jail and taking care of the football, there just isn't a big argument in my opinion, to not have an aggressive downfield passing game plan to just see how it works, because if they show that early in games, I believe it will lead to Saquon popping again. I think right now, teams early in games are so convinced that Philly is just gonna run, run, run, that they are able to stack the box against Saquon, and that's one of the reasons he's not having the success that he has had previously. And so I think that there is a real opportunity for Philadelphia here to put really scary stuff on tape for upcoming opponents of a pass heavy early game script that could pay real dividend down the year, down the road, even if they want to lean more on Saquon, you know, in higher leverage spots. I understand this is a huge game because both these teams are undefeated. They're both, in my opinion, legitimate Super Bowl contenders. But Philly cannot go into this game with the game plan they had last week. You just can't. You have not been since Becton's gone, you haven't been as dominant of a run blocking team. Lane Johnson's a little banged up, Your receivers are a little frustrated. Your quarterbacks seemed, you know, frustrated during the game about the game plan, like open it up. And I don't think Jalen's going to turn the ball over a bunch. Now. Maybe listen, maybe it doesn't work and you go back to you know, you're in a rough spot early in the game, but you were in a rough spot last week against a really good RAM team and came all the way back. Like I just I think Philly has to lean on jail in a little bit more this week and see how it plays out, like.
Speaker 2: All the margin for air and stuff. If Baker were to go out and win the game, would you make him your MVP favorite?
Speaker 1: Listen, I think he's got a legitimate MVP case right now. The media is focused far more heavily on Herbert and Josh, and that's fine, but the three last second victories by Baker have put him in the mix. And if you remember, you know my prediction that the Bucks get the one seed. Winning this game would put them in such a great spot to potentially be the one seed if they can steal this victory against Philly, because as I said when I picked them to be the one seed, I just want to remind everyone this is how Tampa ends the year. Final What is this? Five games? Cardinals, Saints Falcons? No, I'm sorry, Final six games Cardinals, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, Panthers. So if they get to four and oh, right, and then they can just go four and three in the tough part of their schedule, which you know starts here. But I'm saying if they get to it, because they then at Seahawks home for the Niners, at the Lions, at the Saints, home for the Patriots, at the Bills, at the Rams. If they get to four and oh, they have a very real chance of being eight and three, or call it even seven and four through those eleven games, and then you rip off six straight to end the year. You're a thirteen to fourteen win team. If you win this game, and you have the tiebreaker with Philly, you probably don't even need. If you win this game, you might be able to be the one seed with twelve wins, because if Philly ends with twelve, you get the one seed. So this would be an unbelievable stolen win for Tampa given how injured they are. But I think this is gonna be. This is a really really rough spot for them, and I think Philly is the right side in this game. When you think game day, you might not think Wayfair, but you should because Wayfair is the best kep seed for incredible and affordable game day finds. Wayfair is the ideal place to get your game day essentials with their larger selection of products, unique finds that reflect your style, options for every budget, and free shipping. And there's no better time than now to get your home ready. Demanse just ordered something off Wayfair that should be getting there in the next day or two. His sister getting set up in her apartment at college. I ordered her addresser from Wayfair that she just got yesterday. Wayfair is the ideal place to get your game day essentials, larger selection of products, unique finds, reflect your style, options for every budget, and free shipping. There's no better time than now to get your home ready. With football back football season back in full swing, Wayfair has me set up perfectly with a new recliner to watch all the games. But they offer so much more. Like I was talking about that, we've hooked Demanse and Diora up with. There's something for every style and every home no no matter your space or budget, Wayfair makes it easy to tackle your home goals, endless inspiration for every space and budget, free and easy delivery even on the big stuff. No more huge delivery fees for furniture. Get big stuff like sofa's, dining room, tables, beds and more shipped free. Wayfair is your trusted destination for all things game day, from coolers and grills to recliners and slow cookers. Shop, save and score today at wayfair dot com. That's way fai r dot com. Wayfair, Every style, every home, all right demanse.
Speaker 2: So they are not letting russcook anymore. In New York, it's Jackson Dart time. They put him in a kind of a weird time. This could be a blessing or a curse. They are playing the Chargers and they have a top ranked defense. How do you see things going for Jackson Dart in the Chiants.
Speaker 1: I think they might get a temporary shot in the arm. I'm not right. Listen, They're in New York. I think that defense is good. I am I'm getting having the Giants maybe a bigger chance than I should at making this a real game and then seeing what Jackson Dart can do. When Daniel Jones took over, you know, not a few years ago, but half decade ago. His first game, I think it was against Tampa. He comes in, plays, well, they steal a win. They're feeling good now. That team didn't end up being very good, but like in that moment, because I do think they were out on Russ. I I am not as big on the Jackson dart aura as other people are, but people seem to really like him. I guess we'll, you know, we'll see. Guy strikes me is a little bit of like a frat bro. But whatever with the I am open. I liked him evidently that that chain isn't a chain, it's his sister's necklace that he yeah, yeah, so like he borrowed it from her, wore it now he wears it for good luck. I don't have that full story. I think it's been reported out elsewhere, but they seem very excited about him. To me, the bigger story is about Russ. Is his career over? And is he a Hall of Famer? And my answer to those questions are yes, his career is over, and no, he's not a Hall of Famer. And it is stunning how quickly this ended for him. It doesn't feel stunning because it feels like he's been bad for years now, which he has been, but Russell Wilson forced his way out of Seattle. The Broncos gave up a king's ransom for him and then paid him early a huge deal, and he immediately was terrible. And it was it was not that long ago that people thought the Broncos were going to be a real threat because they got Russell Wilson. It was September of twenty twenty two that they gave up multiple first round picks, gave him a huge deal, and then he and Nat Hackett lost that opening game to Geno and the Seahawks, and it's just been a disaster for him ever since. And I understand he has a good career winning percentage, and I understand that he has you know, nine Pro Bowls ten no, ten Pro Bowls because he oddly made the Pro Bowl last year. And listen, he was a really really good player in Seattle. But in during his career, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Big Ben Patrick, Josh Lamar, we're all Hall of Fame quarterbacks. During his career, Philip Rivers was in my opinion, better than Russ. I don't know that Rivers is getting in Eli. I don't know that. I think Eli was better than Russ, but Eli has the two Super Bowls versus one, and Eli I don't think is getting in, at least not anytime soon. He didn't have as high of a peak as Cam Newton or Matt Ryan, who are not getting in. And the longevity part is not there for him. He had nine good to excellent years and that's it. And for a quarterback you need more. There was. It's hard to find more than one year where he was a consensus top five quarterback. It's impossible to find one year where he was a consensus top three quarterback. And so I just don't think he's a Hall of Famer. He was on a Hall of Fame trajectory. And if Malcolm Butler doesn't pick that ball off, and he has the greatest start to a career in the history of the league. A Year one takes team to Divisional round of the playoffs. Year two wins the Super Bowl over Peyton Manning. Year three wins the Super Bowl over Tom Brady. But Malcolm Butler did pick that ball off. And the fact of the matter is the best teams he was on good teams that he was the centerpiece of. He was on great teams that he was the caretaker of. And I just don't think he's a Hall of famer. And I don't know at this point, Demons, I don't know, Like, are the Bengals gonna call and try to get him? I don't think so, Like, I don't know where he goes, and.
Speaker 2: As a starter is just a backup right we're talking back.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about the Bengals as a starter right now, Okay, like with Burrow out like, but the Broncos traded for him, they were done with him after a year and a half. The Steelers signed him, they were done with him after a half year starting. The Giants signed him, they were done with him after three games starting. I just think it's over and it's a pretty crummy ending. And so I don't but like, to me, he's not a Hall of Fame player. He's a really good player with a really good career, but not a Hall of Fame player. And it sure seemed like the Giants could not wait to move on from him as far as the Giants' thought process here, I Danny's been making this point, and I think he's right. If Jackson Dart's ready now. He was probably ready in week one, and if he wasn't ready in week one, he's probably not ready now. But I think that Brian Dable doesn't want to be deal with empty met life seats and booze if he wants to have a chance of keeping that job, and so putting Dart out there is getting at least the New York fans excited about this weekend's game and the rest of this season. What's one money lesson you wish you learned earlier and how are you trying to pass that down to your kids? For all of the parents out there with teenagers, we know you're already trying to keep a million different things under control. Cash App is here to help make sure your teen's money and their spending isn't adding to that craziness. Available through sponsorship by an eligible parent or guardian, teens gain access to a personalized cash App card that comes in different colors and patterns to fit their style, and the ability to instantly access money from family and friends. The platform also has tools that can help teens develop real world financial habits in a space that's safe and easy to navigate, all with your oversight and approval. There are no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements, and no hidden charges when sending or receiving money. Demand say having you get one of these for your systems. She's I mean, she's twenty, but might as well be a teenager at college. This seems like a great a great product for her. I'm gonna get one of these right when we get on with the show. Cash App card, you and your teen's balances receive twenty four to seven fraud monitoring, and if something ever feels off, you have the ability to lock their card right from your phone, just in one tap. Skip the stress and give your team a way to learn financial responsibility with no hidden fees. Download cash App and get started today. For a limited time only, new cash App customers can use our exclusive code to earn some additional cash for real. Just download cash App. Use our exclusive referral code Family ten. That is code Family one zero, Family ten year profile, Send five dollars to a friend within fourteen days and you'll get ten dollars dropped right into your account. Terms apply, that's money, that's cash app. Cash app is a financial services platform, not a bank banking serve. This is provided by cash Apps Bank partners prepaid debit cards issued by Sutton Bank member fd I see direct deposit roundups, overdraft coverage and discounts provided by cash App A Block Incorporated up, sorry, a block incorporated Bland brand. Visit cash app dot com Slash Legal Slash podcast for full disclosures. All right, demons, let's go to Colts Texans quickly, and also if there are some questions in the chat, we can do those as well. Here in a minute, my.
Speaker 2: Guy Daniel Jones and the Colts are going to face off the Rams. They are three and ohero but people will probably call this the real first test for them, and the Rams are coming off the double block field goals. How will we be talking how will we be talking about these teams differently come Monday?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I think the Rams will be three and one and the Colts will be three and one. I listen, I've got to give Remember how during our preseason gambling show, I U I said that every year there's been a team that I tie in a bunch of stuff and it ruins my profitability. That two years ago it was Jacksonville. I believed in them when they ruined me. Last year it was Pittsburgh. I didn't believe in them, and it ruined me. I am staring down the barrel of needing to like sweep the board in everything non cult related because I made a bunch of bets that they were going I didn't remember you were going to be I thought they I said they had a chance to be the worst team in the league. They're three and up. This is my biggest up to this point, this is my biggest width of the of the preseason. There's still time and to your point, they have beaten two of the worst teams in football and a last second field goal to beat the Broncos. But still they've now got a bit of a cushion. And the rest of the AFC South, with the Texans being a mess, the Jags being not as good as their two and one record is, and the Titans having one of the worst coaches I've seen in recent memory. I'm officially nervous before we get to college football, before we get to some of the listener questions, shout out see it in the top right corner to our new sponsor Zen. This is one we've been working on. This is the old What was that? Uh? It was like a gosh darn it. There was a hair a men's hair either coloring or regrowth thing that the no no, no, this is from when I was a kid. We're in the commercials. The guy was like, I'm not only the owner, I'm a client or something. People will know what I'm talking about. Zen Us. Having zen as a sponsor for the show is just perfect And can't can't use it during the show because you just can't but shout out to Zen the the only, the only, like real true to life sponsorship we're missing at the moment's coffee I'm drinking thirty coffees a day, like, oh it was the hair club for men, Thank you, Daniel. We just need some good coffee sponsorship. Maybe a Big Cat's coffee company wants to buy some ads here, a little FS one cross promotion. What's it Stella blue? That's your only free ad, big Cat, buy some ad time on here? All right? College football this week in Demon's for just massive games US see Illinois Big Noon on Fox USC in a weird spot. They play and eleven pm kickoff last week and now they're playing East Coast time, and now they're playing a noon kickoff East Coast time. This week. But I like USC. I don't mind laying the points there LSU plus one and a half at Ole Miss. I don't have a feeling on I love Oregon getting three and a half at Penn State. I love it. I love it so much. Penn State does not beat top ten teams. Talk with Joel clad about it yesterday. And I also like Georgia laying two and a half at home against Alabama. I talked with Joel Clatt about a little Oregon Georgia Chiefs three way money line parlay. Maybe. So there's my college. It's huge college football weekend. I'll be sweating those bets from the Ryder Cup. Also, if you're wondering, hey, when's the gambling show? Uh don't that is coming out Friday morning with our five picks. All right, the demonse, let's ask some of these listener questions.
Speaker 2: Uh, platonic zombie, ask, if Dallas wins, will we be having a real discussion about how bad Love actually is?
Speaker 1: Dallas, No, listen, I don't think Jordan Love's bad. And if Dallas wins, the discussion the only way for Dallas. I mean, I guess if Jordan Love can't move the ball, against the Cowboys defense. Then there are some real concerns. But I don't think he's bad. All right. Let's in fact, I know he's not bad. The question is can he be great? And does he think he has to be great. I don't think he has to be great. I think he has to be solid. All right, Let's go to Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Mitchell says, hey, Nick, Seattle fan here, you think cal will win the MVP for the Mariners.
Speaker 1: Can you guys throw in the al MVP odds into the doc. I've said that. I think, even though Judge had been a huge favorite that I thought if the Mariners made the playoffs, cal Raley with his sixty home runs, was gonna get it. I think he's gonna get it, and he has a chance of beating Aaron Judge's AL home run record. The Mariners are going to make the playoffs, well, not going to make the playoffs. They have made the playoffs already. Pardon me, they clinched. I think cal Raley can win it. I know Judge has been unbelievable and was a huge favorite as of a few weeks ago. I right now with our friends at hard Rock, Oh Cow's the favorite now minus two hundred. Shout out brew who saw this train? Bruce should gamble, He doesn't bet. He loved cal Raley's chances when he was plus three point fifty. He's now minus two hundred. Pretty good. Mark is asks if I have any bets on the Ryder Cup if people miss the top of the show, because it does start tomorrow. I'm going Saturday, and I bet on Europe. So let me be in America, the very pro America crowd, and I'm as pro America as the next guy, maybe not as maybe not as much as quite as some of these long Island golf ins are gonna be. But in general I root for America and things in international competitions. But you know who's American me, and you know who's got money on Europe me, So I'm kind of rooting for America by rooting for myself. Reminder like rate subscribe review to the pod Pick Show coming out early morning Friday. Bring it to you there, what's right? Thank you by the way, the volume hard rock boost zen. Who am I leaving out? Cash app wayfair? All our great sponsors appreciate you all. See you guys for the gambling show tomorrow.