Speaker 1: So I've been getting a lot of friendly pressure from a number of different avenues to rejoin social media. And I'm coming to both of you because both of you know me better than anybody but my wife probably, And I'll wake up one day and be like, I want to do it. I think it'll be fun. You know, I can put out some comedy stuff, which is what I want to do, and it'd be a good outlet to have that. And then I'll wake up the next day and be like, not a chance in hell am I ever getting back on social media. And I honestly don't know which way I'm leaning.
Speaker 2: And I'm curious for friendly pressuring you.
Speaker 1: I have some friendly pressure from your husband, Okay, I have some friendly pressure from my nephews, who are not only thinking about it from there, like hey, you know they're younger, they're in their twenties. They're like, hey, it's this is what you do as as somebody in the in the celebrity world quote unquote, although I don't consider myself a celebrity, this is what people do social media. We if we want jobs or anything. Nowadays, people will say, what's your following? There's a financial aspect to being on social media. I mean, there's a number of reasons to do it, and then I think of like my my mental health and anxiety and things like that, and I know that it can and also just be a nasty cesspool, and I'm like, eh, well, I want.
Speaker 3: To do it. But that the part of the mental health thing, because I know that you've always said that again in all social media was like really good for your mental health. But it seems to me like for me, the dangerous, like the bad part of my mental health is just scrolling and reading it and being which I do anyway, which you do anyway. That's the part, because that's what I thought you meant when you would say like, oh I tell it's peak of Oh see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that I think you.
Speaker 3: Just would actually be good for you to face because I think as long as you're doing something that you believe in and you have an authentic presentation of yourself, like you know, you know, there was if you end up going back on social media in order to try and be something that you're kind.
Speaker 4: Of not, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But if you going on and we're like here's a series of funny videos I want to make or talking head things I want to talk about or my you know, nerd dumb stuff that I'm obsessed with. It can be a really fun community, you know, like and I, but you still feel pressure, Like I never feel like I do enough, Like when I found substack and I was like, oh, I could just start writing essays and publishing poems and stuff.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: I loved it for the three months that I was doing it, but now I'm like, every time I think about it, I'm like, oh, I haven't written anything.
Speaker 4: I haven't published it.
Speaker 6: It's a good job.
Speaker 3: It's becomes a job because it's a you know, so you want to make sure that it's something you want to wake up and have time and and get like energy to put into it and enjoy. And if making videos is fun for you and like making you should.
Speaker 1: Just I'd love to do like the add stuff again that we started, like the minute long comedy skits.
Speaker 6: To me, that stuff would be super fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think if you could find a way to incorporate that into your schedule, Like if I was involved, I would be like, let's do once a month we come over to your house and shoot like five.
Speaker 4: Skits in a row, right, and when you release them slow. Yeah, let's do it, dude.
Speaker 6: I think that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Danielle, you're big in the social media world, then you know me would you would you be a yay or in nay for me joining social media again?
Speaker 2: I would probably be an a which originally you know, I told you like the Finsta, and you do have a Finsta, which is how you're able to scroll everything. And I think, like, you love sending funny memes and videos, and I love sending them to you, And I think like the maximum amount of joy you're gonna get out of it is because I do think at first the idea of having I'm gonna record these skits, I'm gonna have this stuff that I'm gonna do sounds more fun than it is than when you actually make the commitment to like once a week, I'm gonna put out the thing yea, And especially if you want it to be topical at all, which is how it's gonna actually help make get relevant in the algorithm, like something being on some sort of trend. You can't, like, you can't do a bunch of evergreen ones and bank them. You could, but you're probably going to have to have like a consistent shooting schedule, which is going to mean people coming over to your house. You're going to want to like make sure you look good because you definitely don't want to pump videos out into the world where you're like unhappy with sure you know the way your hair looks or what you're wearing. So now you're going to be like focused on do I have what did I wear last time? There is? It becomes, you know, a job. It becomes a job, and although it can be fun, it is a job. And in order to do it well, considering we are too old for us to truly know TikTok and Instagram, how to use like to teach yourself really how to be very good at it is nearly impossible. So now you're going to want to hire a young a young cool who does know what they're doing. They know how how much those jobs can be worth, so they're not cheap. Now you have like a kind of a massive expense that you're putting out, And in order to actually make really good money using your social media, you have to have a pretty significant following, which will probably take a significant amount of time to get to.
Speaker 3: So I see, I would encourage you to only do it in the vein of like what is your authentic Like if you start chasing algorithms, if you started just doing like what you're doing to be more topical, to get more clicks. I just feel like that would it would work maybe, like you would get more followers and have more engagement.
Speaker 4: But I just don't know if.
Speaker 3: That would make you feel good like that. You know, that is its own sort of strategy and its own thing. But I just knowing you, I would recommend, like, man, just just kiss that you think are funny whenever you can. Ye, Yes, it'll be work, but hopefully that's work you want to be doing.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean that's how I looked at it too. It's like I get to start shooting this stuff again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would worry about, you know, because if you're still if you still have like feelings of like, oh people aren't going to like me, or.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna have a doubt always feelings I know, but like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, like I've gotten over that as I've gotten older, Like I feel like I used to care a lot.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm better, I'm definitely better.
Speaker 3: But It's podcast has really helped me, you know, because in terms of the fact that like there's a huge segment of our listeners, like you know, and I've read the reviews on Apple podcasts, they will just always hate me. And at first that made me feel really bad, and then I was like, actually, I think they they're accurately.
Speaker 4: Seeing me and hearing me from who I am. They just don't like me.
Speaker 3: I can't control that, you know, Like it would be so I would be so inauthentic to try and adjust to be likable to everybody. I'm like, no, the whole point of this podcast is that I am to be You're free to be myself. Yeah, and I'm having a great conversation with you guys, and like, as long as that's respectful, Like you can hate me, I guess all you want. But like, okay, you know, I'm comfortable with the idea that I'm not going to be loved by everybody, which I still feel like, will you you still want to be loved by everybody.
Speaker 6: I don't like when people don't like me. I don't get it. I don't like that. Yeah, It's like it's one of those things that I just want to knock on people's doors and be.
Speaker 7: Like, why did you write something negative?
Speaker 6: Let's talk about it. I'm that guy, right, and so that's right.
Speaker 1: And so I don't Yeah, yeah, and again I will. I'll wake up one morning and be like, yes, I want to do this. I want to put out skits. It's going to be so funny. And the next day I'll be wake up and be like, no, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 6: There's no way. So yeah, I was curious.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 6: This helped me not at all. I think I think I.
Speaker 3: Think you should do it because I think you have time to do the things if you do kids, if you had kids in like a hugely busy schedule, I'd be like, what.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Actually, like for you, this work, Like if you were literally doing one day a month where you would shoot a d D style sketches that made you feel good.
Speaker 6: Yes, dude, yeah you should be doing that.
Speaker 4: Creative that would be so great. It would be work, but it'd be great work. Okay, I'd help.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll have you.
Speaker 2: I know people also that you know if you are looking for someone to help you with shooting it or coming up with concepts or pitching you ideas, even if you say, you know, no, I don't want to do any of those. Here's some things I do want to do, or if you want to send them other people's social medias that you enjoy and be like, I like this voice. This is ties like reminds me of my voice. I would like to start doing stuff like this, like I can.
Speaker 6: I know peeps, Okay, so my favorite peeps are Marshmallow, always.
Speaker 2: Will be, always will be Jensen's too. Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishel.
Speaker 6: I'm rather strong, and I'm at Wilfredell.
Speaker 1: Ready to an out, which I think somebody already has.
Speaker 6: I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Think we can get it back for you. If we're going to revisit season seven, we're not doing it alone. We're just not that brave. So our goal for the next few months is to not only keep up our long standing requirements for interview episodes, but also bring others down with us. I mean, invite back some good pals and favorite contributors to rewatch and give us their opinions on the last episodes of the show.
Speaker 6: I'm fine with that as long as it's not Matt Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Before it's all over, what do they remember from the beginning of the end, What did they take away from those final few weeks and do they have any ideas for how we can extend the podcast and fulfill our now hefty contractual obligation of that heart. This week, we're kicking it off with someone as synonymous with the final two seasons of the show as a stuffed lobster. He played Jack Hunter.
Speaker 6: Oh god, it is Lawrence, Jess. I got to read who's coming on before I get on these.
Speaker 2: Days joining the cast without an audition or a warning to the cast after his own show, Brotherly Love, a comedy alongside his brothers Andy and Joey, was canceled, he would quickly become a fan favorite and an trickral part of our crew. It was almost like he had been there from the start, reptiles and all. And now next year he's hosting a brand new reality show on the Lifetime Network alongside his legendary girlfriend and R and b icon Chili called Second Chance Love and I can't wait to hear all about it. This week to kick off season seven, Welcome back to pod Meets World our buddy Matt Lawrence. Yes, Hey, everybody you doing It's.
Speaker 7: Good to see you all.
Speaker 2: Good decorated for Chris. I was going to say, we're talking to you during the Christmas season. You've got it in spades, a fire going.
Speaker 6: You misspelled love? What you misspelled?
Speaker 7: Love?
Speaker 6: Behind you?
Speaker 7: Is it really where it looks?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming back on the podcast. We of course have just started season seven, the final hurrah for Boy Meet's World, so gracious. It was your second season on the show. Do you remember third third season on the show. Do you remember anything about going into these last few episodes in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 7: You know, I do, I do.
Speaker 5: I I think I was just kind of like, you know, getting my getting into stride, getting my sea leg.
Speaker 7: Then it was like done, and I was so bombed, you know, it was like.
Speaker 5: We were finally really I was just finally really smoothly you know, on the show.
Speaker 7: And I yeah, I was. I was bummed that it was coming to an end.
Speaker 5: I just didn't believe it, honestly, I think that that was going to be that was going to be it.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that's I remember the most.
Speaker 6: You know, we also had just come off we also just finished Achy Double hockey Sticks, right, so we had just done a movie together, and Matt was there, although I don't think I'm sure I didn't talk to you about my anxiety when it had hit me, like during the movie, so that like you were there for all that stuff, and you were there and I met Kila and you were that like you were there for all of that. And then we started season seven.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you and I by that point had worked together non stop for like three years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think it was ever gonna end, honest, Yeah, I really didn't.
Speaker 7: I thought we were working together for the next twenty years.
Speaker 1: I thought they were going to spin a song. We we both thought we were going to spin off and everything else. Yeah, So it was it was strange, yeaheah, well.
Speaker 3: No, it definitely already like Jack finally feels like just a part of the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because like even.
Speaker 3: Even season six, it was like, oh right, right, he's Sean's brother, Chet died, you know, it was like which part of the show is he in? And I feel like season seven, like do we even probably we probably don't even talk to each other, Like I don't think Sean much. They just let that go and they were like, he's just Eric's other guy in the other in the apartment.
Speaker 4: Just the go, just have them do their stuff and it works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, your brothers, I forgot. I don't see Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yet Chet just died last season. I mean, but we're never going to reference it again.
Speaker 4: I bet.
Speaker 2: Did you guys ever hang out together offset like, no, Will and Will and Matt.
Speaker 6: I mean we did in Canada, but in Canada not really. Again, I didn't hang out with Will do anything. I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm very with, very much a homebody and like I just especially at that point now, at this point, I was, you know, barely functioning.
Speaker 6: But even before that, no, I would I would come home and watch TV and go to bed like that was Matt.
Speaker 2: Were you aware of Will's the start of Will's anxiety during h Double Hockey Sticks and then into the season seven?
Speaker 5: You know, I was aware, but I didn't know the extent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't realize quite what was going on.
Speaker 5: I knew.
Speaker 7: I was just like, oh, you know, it's crazy Will.
Speaker 5: I didn't really, I didn't, you know, I didn't really think that much into it. I had also never really outside of just being kind of an introvert, I never really experienced it. But I've I have more compassion for it now because I've had now periods in my life will I've experienced that sort of anxiety and gone through it. So now I have a lot more compassion. Sorry, I didn't have more than back then.
Speaker 6: No, nobody, no, I didn't. Nobody knew about it, you know. One of the things I remember.
Speaker 1: So it was like two days after the first attack, two or three days after I had my first attack, I was like just gonna try to muscle through it and be normal. And you and me, Gabrielle Union and the blonde girl who played your girlfriend in the movie whose name I Escapes Me. We I at a bar and we were trying to I was like trying to just like I'm I'm normal, and like trying to drink a beer. And I remember nothing had any flavor, nothing had any color. It was really a strange moment of like, no, I can muscle through it. And I just have this image of the four of us sitting at this bar and me just then going like I gotta go home, and that was it. It was I so strange that that image is in my head.
Speaker 6: Wow. But it was just always kind of hanging out there. Yeah, I don't remember remember that. Yeah, it's like not me. Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 2: We're only two episodes into season seven and we have already seen Will turn the comedy up and be his hilarious self. Did he always make it hard not to break?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 2: Did you ever feel like it was easy to act opposite Will without feeling like you just had to hold it together all the time?
Speaker 5: I mean, no, it wasn't easy not to break, But that was the beauty of it.
Speaker 7: I thought it was. There was always every.
Speaker 5: Time I went to work, I knew I was gonna laugh, So, you know, thank you Will.
Speaker 7: It was. It was always such a wonderful No, It's true.
Speaker 6: It was always told of us though, because you did.
Speaker 1: You and I were just, especially by season seven, because we've seen some of the bloopers and all stuff, you and I were actively trying to crack each other up, and a lot of times did and a lot of times did you know the episode we just it's one of my favorite deliveries of yours of all time. One of the episodes we just saw was the wrestling match with Vader in the in the apartment, and it's it's Danielle first crushes the can on her head and then I do it and knock myself out, and you just go, it's.
Speaker 6: Supposed to be an empty can eric, and your delivery is just so perfect.
Speaker 1: So it was Yeah, we were we were both I think actively trying to make each other laugh at that point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was. It was a blast.
Speaker 5: I mean it was one of the most enjoyable times I've ever had.
Speaker 7: To me sure, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Are there any Season seven episodes or scenes that that really stick out for you in your memory?
Speaker 5: Gosh, man, I mean there's there's death.
Speaker 7: Definitely a bunch.
Speaker 5: It's just they're all kind of like grouped into this into like the season itself.
Speaker 7: It's weird.
Speaker 5: It's like there was there was definitely some some incredible moments. I you know, I always loved I took the perspective of, you know, kind of watching you guys because you guys were such a tight knit family and I always got such a kick and it just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside watching you guys interact and seeing.
Speaker 7: You know, like I would kind of stand back.
Speaker 5: And it's funny because I had this one moment where I wasn't I didn't get you know, to work with mister Daniels very often. Yeah, like not at all, Like pretty much like anytime I was in a scene with him, actually got nervous because it was so few and far between.
Speaker 7: And I remember that the one time.
Speaker 5: We actually got close was was right up at the end when you guys were kind of having an emotional moment and I'm just standing there kind of taking my my position again where I'm just kind of looking at you guys and going, oh man, what a what a special thing. And I turned into my right there there he was standing and he was doing the same thing, and we both like caught each other, and that was like the one time we bonded. Was how amazing your guys relationship really was?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: That was like that was the moment that we we bonded. That was like the one and only, so that was.
Speaker 2: An only moment. That's cute.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: What's funny for me to realize, like looking back, is how much more experience you had coming onto our.
Speaker 4: Show than any of us.
Speaker 3: You know, like you were you'd already done how many sitcoms at this point, like actually been a regular on like three right or four. You've been in so many movies you've been around the industry so much more. I mean, with the exception of Ben, I feel like Ben grew up. You know, you started at like seven, but even that was he was seven, you were two or whatever, so like he was already old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because when we interviewed you last time, I think we talked about you felt the little uncomfortable. You felt like you were an outsider coming into an established thing, which was the case, but you also were coming in with way more experience. I'm so curious how, like now even and you've gone to do a bunch more too, but like, how what was the Boy meets World set versus other sitcom sets?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, what was the vibe?
Speaker 3: I mean we've heard the Michael Jacobs, you know, giving you notes story, which we know, yeah, yeah, not great, But like in terms of I don't know, I'm just curious, like how our set because I don't really I didn't, especially then, didn't have anything else to compare it.
Speaker 7: Well. I mean, look, you guys had a great set. I mean it was it was. It was an incredible environment.
Speaker 5: It was definitely you know, each has its own unique thing, and I think that's that's the tone that's set by you know, the people in charge and also the cast and you guys had such a great tone. Definitely by far, one of the best you guys set. It was just so wonderful to be a part of it. And yeah, so difference, I'd say it felt more I don't know, it felt more like my age group, if that makes any Like, it felt like it felt like more of like the my high school slash college experience in a way.
Speaker 7: That's what the difference was.
Speaker 5: That if it almost felt more like I in the end, like I belonged because of all you guys and because we were all very similar ages and then getting along.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it felt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was definitely one of the you know, the benchmark sitcoms by far that I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we've heard that from other people too, that on other shows that had young people on them or kids, that the parents were the main characters or that, you know, whereas like in our show completely inverted like.
Speaker 7: The yeah we were the show exactly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly what the feeling was. It was, and it was it was super cool.
Speaker 5: I mean, when I look back on like sitcoms I'm been a part of I mean what means world is by far the standout.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's nice, that's cool. Take that, Andy and Joey take that.
Speaker 5: That was a different Yeah, it was so different. That was like family, so there was.
Speaker 7: A lot more stuff wound up in that.
Speaker 5: You know, there was a It was an incredible experience, and I was working, but it was like the family business, so there was all the family stuff that came into it.
Speaker 7: I was also going through a really awkward phase. It was like that thirteen to sixteen year old where.
Speaker 5: Honestly I didn't really even want to be on camera at times because I just felt uncomfortable. And so that was just a whole different experience, lovely and wonderful, but this.
Speaker 7: Was more like, oh, this is this is this is my thing.
Speaker 2: Is you're a young young adult.
Speaker 7: I get to kind of be on my own two feet. And then how did.
Speaker 4: So Brotherly Love lasted?
Speaker 5: How long?
Speaker 4: Two seasons or three?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 4: Three? Okay? And how did how did that come together?
Speaker 3: Because you guys were like, I mean I remember hearing about like your family as like this, you know, sort of industry onto itself.
Speaker 4: So did you guys put that show together or did ABC come up with the show and around you guys, what was what was the story behind its development?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so Joe was coming off of Blossom, so they were like, let's we wanted to do another show with you, and they they didn't know which way to go, whether it was going to be like a more adult skewed show or more family oriented show. And I know my brother, you know, he always sees like mister family and mister you know talk about the holidays is like mister Christmas.
Speaker 7: He was like, let's do the family.
Speaker 5: Let's get you know, the whole family, brothers and and then yeah, and then we developed it a lot of those stories, especially the pilot episode, where all of our kind of home stories like those were you know, Andy's all of Andy's character stuff was was what he was doing at home at the time. And I was kind of the angsy teenager, which we just wrote right in. All the stuff about like how I was very uncomfortable with the way I would dress all the time, and I didn't really want to go out in public a lot like that was all very that was all very you know, consistent to what was happening at home. So yeah, most of that was, like you know, we'd go into the writer's room, we'd tell the family stories, and then they were kind of woven, you know, by the workers, but into a you know, a sitcom format. But yeah, they were all authentic family stories.
Speaker 7: They really were.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Boy Meets World also took a lot of things from all of our personal lives. I mean it's funny because on the one hand, you think, like, well, that's easy, you're just taking things from But it's also the things that make the characters feel so real and and that make them feel so authentic and well developed, is that they were actual character traits we all had. Yeah, I want to point out because you know, Writer and Will called themselves the Dnettes and did a show while I was on Dancing with the Stars called Podmeats Twirld. No Woman in the World. I'm gonna just go on record and say, no woman in the World has three better friends than you three, because you two were die hard on Pod Meets Tworld and just My Rider Diyes and Matt never missed a single week of texting me the night of the show and like the next morning when he would be watching. Never once I was like, how how did I get so lucky. I have no truly, I would say it to everyone. Everyone would be like, oh, it's you know, it's Will and Ryder. It's so sweet to hear them on Pod Meets World. I'm like, oh, and you don't even know the half of it. I've also got Matt Lawrence over here, who never misses an episode, who's texting me. Oh, I just it was truly, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So the three of you, he could learn the steps, which I doubt he could, but he could definitely be a dan Yette if he could stay with me.
Speaker 2: I know, because you of the three of you, you two are the talented dance.
Speaker 1: If you can learn the steps, he could probably be a dani Yete as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, first off, I have to say yes, Danielle, so proud of you. I know, I look, I I've touched my foot in some of these competitions.
Speaker 2: Singer incredible. Yeah, good, thank you good.
Speaker 3: But it was also you never got to see you. That was just a weird thing. It was like to watch it and I kept and he wanted to watch it, and so I was like, yeah, Matt's going to be on it. And then I was like but we can't tell anybody and we don't ever get to see them.
Speaker 6: We just have.
Speaker 4: It's such a that was a weird dynamic to like wow.
Speaker 5: But either way, my gosh, is it stressful the amount of energy and time and there's there's no way you try And I tried myself. Okay, I can't get caught up in this, you know, and it's impossible not to.
Speaker 7: They may possible not to get caught up, but.
Speaker 4: I want to win so bad, right, you want?
Speaker 7: You want it to go.
Speaker 5: You're like, literally it consumes your entire life.
Speaker 6: Well, I remember seeing you at a convention. At one point in the it was like in the middle, I'm like, how you doing. You're like, it's killing me.
Speaker 8: My own body was shutting down from the nerves, like it was so intense.
Speaker 7: So if it was I knew what you know.
Speaker 5: I didn't know exactly, but I kind of figured what you were probably going through. And obviously I care about you, Danielle. You're part of my family no matter what. You don't see each other, So that was just a natural reaction of going like, oh my gosh, I've sort of been through a similar It is so darn crazy that I just wanted you to know that if in any way you know, the support was that was there, you know, because it's a it's a it's a crazy experience, and you did so incredibly and got the silver lining too for me was you two gentlemen's podcast talking about the show and going and Rider, I know, I know, how like it just was so out of fish, out of walk and it was so great to see you and relate to you in that way. And then will oh my god, guys, that was freaking hilarious see you guys like sort of get also wrapped up into way totally hilarious.
Speaker 7: It was the best. I actually loved it, love it was.
Speaker 2: It was really great. It was really great.
Speaker 7: It was super cool.
Speaker 2: Matt, we asked you to watch season seven, episode one, Show Me the Love. What were your thoughts on this first episode of season seven?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's interesting.
Speaker 5: I felt like, especially you Danielle, everyone was very grounded. It was it was you know, I was and how like it was like this really grounded you know about love and breakups.
Speaker 7: And and Eric was very ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Eric is a very grounded character.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, for anybody who doesn't remember, we are about to get plays with squirrels wearing amish outfits, the prank, warr you sneezing, the lottery numbers. That's what we have to look forward to for Eric Italian character.
Speaker 4: He does at one point. Yeah, oh that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm Italian at some point too.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's but it was a serious subject matter, and I thought everybody did very, very well with it. I thought it was I thought it was well written, and I thought it was well performed, and yeah, and then obviously and then there's you will.
Speaker 6: Do you do you remember was there was there any discussion at all about because they never mentioned why Jack and Rachel break up. They're just like, yeah, we broke up. Yeah, do you remember any of that? Do you remember like, hey, we're not going to keep you guys together anymore, or what any of it had to do with anything.
Speaker 7: I have no idea what happened. There, no idea, no clue. In fact, it was so strange.
Speaker 5: But we're just sitting at the table and like, yeah, we broke up, and there's like that was it?
Speaker 3: Well, dude, we probably haven't talked about this because it was last season when you guys hooked up. It was one of those things that when I saw it coming, I was like rolling my eyes, but then I was actually kind of rooting for you. Yes, probably the best kiss on Boy Meets World History. We've had to watch a lot of kissing and like, but you guys actually had like.
Speaker 4: Real chemistry, and it was like, oh, these characters, this is cool.
Speaker 3: They're like they don't want it, but they do, and then they fall in love and then to have it just get like completely tossed a lot, but they had real chemistry, like it was actually fine, it was a good dynamic, and they just completely forgot it.
Speaker 1: Actually, writer, that's a good point because Matt, you haven't been on I don't think since we did all that stuff. And one of the things we were talking about over and over again was especially during the whole chest stuff and then Jack and Rachel getting together.
Speaker 6: You were so good, so good.
Speaker 1: You were so good in those storylines because you were the guy like trying to hold it together. And then I don't know if you remember, but you have that breakdown on the couch when you guys finally do kiss where it kind of looks like she's taking advantage of you at your most vulnerable point.
Speaker 6: It was, but the acting, dude, it was so really great.
Speaker 1: I mean, we a lot of us spent with the three of us spent the episode going like, man, Matt's good, that's good.
Speaker 6: So you were great last season. I just wanted because I we've.
Speaker 1: Seen you in person a bunch, but we haven't had you on the show in so long that we just yeah, I wanted to tell you that that we were just really really impressed with your performance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And they basically, no.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 3: They never knew what to do with your character, you know, And I think it goes back to that first the idea of like, oh, let's introduce Shawn's brother, and it's like, but we don't need that, you know, And so then they were like obviously had more chemistry with Will, so then they had to keep ignoring They was like they kind of went both directions, and it's like, so they weren't.
Speaker 4: Really right to you.
Speaker 3: And what was so great about last season is that you got to have a series of moments where and they almost acknowledge it. They're like, oh, right, this guy lost his dad too, let's you know.
Speaker 4: And it was it was nice. It was good to see.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we raved about you. You can go back and listen to all those episodes. You have a whole season six. Send you We'll send you a bullet point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you've got a levy.
Speaker 2: Are you Matt when you watch the episodes? Are you comfortable watching yourself? Or do you pick every little thing apart? We have all I think grown way more comfortable watching ourselves, although maybe not for Will this season. This season is the most uncomfortable for him because of the anxiety stuff. But I think Writer and I have I've stopped feeling weird about it for the most part, Writer, do you still feel weird about it?
Speaker 3: I still feel weird about it, but in different ways, Like I'm no longer like I can't watch myself because I'm insecure. It's more like this is a weird experience. Like it's still weird. Don't I remember that moment? I remember the way it's felt to say those lines and yet to see yourself objectively and be like, you know, it's I can never feel like quite settled. I guess I'm always is for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm always a little unsettled too, But I have stopped being insecure at least, and like really super nitpicky. How do you feel watching the showback.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's a good way of putting it. You know, that's a great way of putting it.
Speaker 5: The insecurities are not as as a parent, but yeah, I still want to be like, you know, you still want to go back.
Speaker 7: You're like, wow, if I only knew then when I know now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I but I try to take myself out of it and just enjoy it because it's so much time has passed that it's you know, it's.
Speaker 7: I just try to I just try to enjoy it the best that I can.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 5: There's a lot that I would pick apart and want to do differently, and you know, but yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: And that's actually a really interesting question.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you have a specific answer, like what would you do differently besides acting, like besides moment to moment like oh I could have hit that moment, like because I look back and I'm wondering what how would I be on the set of Boy Meets World knowing what I know and now easy? Yeah, like I I you know, like I now I would be like, please can we stop with the drama? Communally and like I think I would have advocated more for myself as as like a creative and been like I can get because like at the time, of course you're just the writers of gods. They do everything, you know, and like I would much more. I would be in the like, oh give me this, give me more of this to do, or I would have you know, at the time, I sort of checked out and just did what they told me to. But do you guys, all three of you, do you know what you would do differently or how you'd appreciate.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I you know, it's tough to say, right because hindsight's twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: How do you go back and say I would do?
Speaker 5: But and looking back on it now, yeah, I mean there's there's stuff I would have done. I think there are times I noticed when I was playing the joke versus living the joke, and now looking back, I would have been like, oh, man, I all I needed to do is just kind of lean into the living it more, don't play it.
Speaker 7: It would have been funnier. You know.
Speaker 5: That's kind of my biggest critique is that, you know, but I mean, also that was the era that we were in, so again it's to say, like you did need to go for the joke, like you know, so it's tough to say, but but yeah, now watching it also to can they please put it in the normal format?
Speaker 1: Why is it four to three and super grainy?
Speaker 7: What? Why is that a little digital up?
Speaker 3: I was on the step by Step podcast with Stacy and they were filming on film on step by Step like they were still doing film.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Why I think so much matters. I think the only ones that didn't wear us.
Speaker 4: I think we were the ones that were so compared to other shows. It's such a bummer it is.
Speaker 5: I was like, what they got to be able to readjust this frame and give it a little something?
Speaker 6: That's horrible? I I don't you know.
Speaker 1: The trite answer is I wouldn't change anything because it's made me who I am today.
Speaker 6: It's a stupid answer, but I know.
Speaker 1: But no, I think I would have if I had to fight back, it would have been let's have some consistency with the character from where I started to where I ended is not I've went through thirty seven different iterations of Eric, so I probably would have had some so and again that is as an actor, as much my fault, if not more my fault than it is the writer's fault, because I was pushing everything, I was ad libbing. I was making it more Jim Carrey. So I mean, that's on me. So I think I would. I would probably You know what's funny is I most people would probably expect me to say I would tone down my performance later. No, I would have upped my performance earlier. That's what I would done. Early Eric would have shown more signs of later Eric as opposed to later Eric showing more signs of earl Eric.
Speaker 6: It just makes sense. So that's where I would have That's what I would have changed for me.
Speaker 2: It's funny writer hearing you talk about like pushing back on some of the drama, because so far in season seven only two episodes in. But you are way lighter. You're now comedic relief. And to Penga is the drama peg and Corey, Yeah, I mean, and not even Corey.
Speaker 6: Corey is just like he's Corey.
Speaker 2: He's just Corey. And to Pega is the one who's every every week has the same problem. We're not loving Topega this season, Matt. We're not a fan.
Speaker 4: Penga.
Speaker 2: The season of.
Speaker 6: Penga. That's the best. The merchant look like it's just it's it's like deputy Dog, but it's the Panga.
Speaker 2: Pega shirt to read Matt.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 2: One thing we all definitely agreed on is that we are in peak Matt Lawrence in his physical form.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you see you.
Speaker 2: You are standing next to you. You are like a specimen of a man on this show, like chiseled from stone.
Speaker 1: I look like the way before picture.
Speaker 2: What was your what was your Were you like really into working out and fitness and I mean you still are like.
Speaker 6: Pizza in front of me. He'd need an entire working every day, I know, but still wuld I would look at a turkey sandwich put on five pounds. He'd be like, I just ate three pizzas and I look a new ab.
Speaker 7: It was like what.
Speaker 5: Annoying? Yeah, I mean I don't you know, I it's funny right again the era I think I was, you know, I think it was I just considered a part of my job, like right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I didn't you know.
Speaker 5: Sadly too, I was like, this is my appeal, I have.
Speaker 4: No No, that's part of being an actor, man, That's part of being an actor. That, like I resisted. I was always like, no too, I don't cure what I look like. Nobody should care. It's like we're watching you.
Speaker 6: Do you want people to look the job?
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, that's part of it, and so just take care of yourself. Man, No, no, that's not you know.
Speaker 1: One of the other reasons I know that you were working out so hard and that you were you the way you looked was one of the ways you looked because you and I would talk about this all the time.
Speaker 6: You, especially at the time, were a huge Tom Cruise fan. Oh yeah, and you wanted to you you were hoping that like that's your career trajectory, was like, you know, like kind of the actionly cool kind of guy. So I remember that too, as you were like, no, that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Is there's a reason Tom Cruise is one hundred and thirty seven years old right now and still starring in all these movies is because he took takes care of himself. Yeah, And so I know that was a big thing with you as well. Was you were just a big Tom Cruise fan.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I I you know, looked up to those guys, and I the one thing that kind of always, you know, rang in my head was you should always be prepared, be prepared for it, trying to catch up. Like even Kobe Bryant when he used to say, you know, I was going to the gym at four am, and then at noon and then at you know, five in the afternoon, and so years of.
Speaker 7: That, you know, packed up.
Speaker 5: Even the guys that are coming up behind you, there's no way they can catch up.
Speaker 7: If they're only gone or they're only.
Speaker 5: Doing it every time, and then so it's like you get just so far ahead. So I really looked up to the those guys, and so I you know, put that and applied that to my life, where I, you know, no matter what that it was a lifestyle choice, no matter what was going on, whether I was sick, whether I didn't have the time, that was it.
Speaker 7: Had to be a priority.
Speaker 5: And it gave me the ability to eat whatever I wanted, because you're right, I did eat whatever I wanted.
Speaker 7: But I was also young, you know.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, young metabolism, Yeah exactly, Yeah, young metabolism working out that hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can eat whatever the heck you want.
Speaker 2: Well, we will, and I especially, we all have some fears coming up in the In some of the season seven episodes, most notably, both Will and I are kind of dreading the episode coming up where we are both fat, and also.
Speaker 6: The episode when they pointed out anyway right to the whole.
Speaker 2: Season, the whole season, the whole season, but the episode where everyone has to talk about how happen, We're not moving forward to that either.
Speaker 4: That's what's so crazy is Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 7: Looking at it now, I'm like, well.
Speaker 2: You're like slightly overweight.
Speaker 4: I know, definitely for you.
Speaker 6: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Definitely I've put on That's the thing that amazed me. And we didn't talk about this our first episode, but I came on screen and I probably had put on thirty thirty five pounds from the time from there.
Speaker 6: No, it might not look like it, but I was. But Danielle, you put on six seven pounds.
Speaker 1: Maybe is that I cannot believe.
Speaker 3: That they looked at this Danielle and were like, we need to comment on it with an episode.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought is crazy.
Speaker 3: And it's like right because the writers and you know, adults, maybe in general, we're comparing you to your eleven year old body. Think about how messed up that is, but that's what happens with child actors, right, Like it's like your preteen self.
Speaker 4: Everything else is like hitted against that. Yeah, it's so unfair. It's like it's to happen.
Speaker 3: We're going to get older, that happens, We're going to change, our bodies are going to change.
Speaker 4: But like they don't want to hear it.
Speaker 6: People, Do you see that with that with actresses that we grew up with that now hit a red carpet or something like that, and people are like, they don't look exactly like they did when they were nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: They look amazing for how they are now. That's the point. And so yeah, it's it's weird that it was a big nineties thing, totally, it is.
Speaker 5: And I and you know it Actually it's it troubles me because I I, you know, I have nieces.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I you know, have a.
Speaker 5: Little bit of a touch with this kind of generation now that's in their later teens, and man, it's it's again it's so focused on like what can I change about my body and my fate surgeries and I'm just like, oh my gosh, this is it's getting pan I.
Speaker 7: Mean, it's is like, you know, I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to try to you got to try to embrace the aging and age as gracefully as you can.
Speaker 7: I don't understand trying to lock yourself.
Speaker 5: But that why, right, you just said it is because everybody is the pressure of comparing you to your younger self is yeah, which is now game, right, that's there's no way to win that one.
Speaker 2: No dea exactly.
Speaker 6: And I think it's probably a lot harder for women than it is for men.
Speaker 7: And that's the other thing, Yeah, a lot harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem with social media is that it's just extended this to.
Speaker 3: Everybody, right, yeah, like it's no longer just it's like everybody who's been posting since they were eleven has put themselves out in this.
Speaker 4: Light and it's now compared.
Speaker 6: To whatever they're like reading about people in their twenties and thirties getting plastic surgery, like are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Teenagers?
Speaker 5: Bro oh, oh, it's so wild, it's so it's wild. It's yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And there's no doubt also that some of the nineties Waft Super Super Super Thinness being very in Yeah, is back full force. Yes, and so a lot of that pressure, like Matt hearing you talk about your nieces, you know, it's like, yes, when everything you're taking in online is about everyone being so skinny and so thin, and that is just it's an obsession. It's a very it's very It makes me feel I'm back. I'm like, oh my gosh, I remember this feeling. And it's so interesting that we're watching season seven at kind of a peak. What for what feels like during this time where it feels like it's so back.
Speaker 6: But it's also now, especially for women, you're gonna get shamed whether you're overweight or too thin. Correct now now it doesn't matter what you do. Now it's eat a sandwich or you shouldn't eat a sandwich.
Speaker 5: It's like, okay, well, how do I what's the exact weight.
Speaker 6: I need to be for you to shut up? It's like, I'm just curious what that is?
Speaker 2: Does that give me the number point?
Speaker 6: Because apparently you're not happy no matter what I do. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But so when we think about like that episode or the episode, the honeymoon episode, we feel a little like, oh, we're a little scared are there any episodes that the thought of them you're like a where you're like, oh, yeah, I remember that one, giving like I have PTSD thinking about that one. Or do you overall just have an overall positive feeling of the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I I have an overall it's just positive for me. I don't have like one episode that I'm dreading or.
Speaker 6: Aren't we with a monkey? The aren't we with a monkey? At one point? Don't you and I have a storyline with a monkey?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, wait what is that? What is the money?
Speaker 6: If memory serves, there's you give me money to deposit in the bank and instead I give it to a monkey.
Speaker 2: My gosh, that's all right.
Speaker 1: So that so those are the things I'm dreading is the thing, because again I don't I think this is where you and I would have conversations a lot about how Danielle Ryder and Ben would have these and usually Trina would have these storylines like we saw in the first couple episodes where they're acting and they're doing it, and then you and I were like sneezing the lottery numbers and dealing with monkeys, and so that's why I, while I don't remember exact storylines except for the monkey one. I fear that it's going to be you and I this season, like, oh and this is we're doing this again, like for this episode.
Speaker 2: That's now that I've seen the mopey A storyline as well as I have, I am loving your sneezing the litter.
Speaker 6: Maybe we save it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, thank god you, thank god you do it. Because what are your memories of that final tape night? Do you remember? I remember just sobbing all all all night. Do you remember were you crying as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 5: I was definitely emotional, you know, especially just because you guys were. It was so emotional for you guys, and I understood why, and I got caught up into it, you know, and it hit me. I think maybe like that next we would have been coming back, you know. That's what really hit me, as to like dark and I don't know, who knows if that will ever happen again, And it never did.
Speaker 7: Never, that feeling never.
Speaker 5: Happened again, So it was truly a one off, you know, and it was that special. So I definitely felt the weight of it, the gravity of the situation for sure.
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember this?
Speaker 3: Danielle you were not a part of this, But during season seven, we started like a really fancy dinner club.
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember this, yes, of course, three of.
Speaker 4: Us, the three of us in Ben.
Speaker 7: You don't remember this, Matt.
Speaker 6: We just remember we go like we were.
Speaker 3: At some point we realized that none of us had been because we were, you know, kids, we had never been to like any of the fancy restaurants in LA and so we said, once a month, we're gonna pick the fanciest like so we went to I do you remember that we have Like you were just like, let's go have like a fancy night out, and we would, and I remember one of them was really expecsive. I remember the three of us being or the four of us being like, oh god, what did we do? But it was a fun thing that we started in the Seven Keys, and I totally had forgotten about that until I don't know, relatively recently. I was like, we did, and we even kept it going after the show. I did a little bit in the summer before I moved to New York. I remember we did it a few more times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fun, that's so cute. Thanks for the invitation. I would love to do that with you.
Speaker 6: You were out partying and having your own life that we were.
Speaker 4: You were in Manhattan Beach with so far away.
Speaker 1: You were falling off of buildings and stuff like falling off of.
Speaker 2: Six foot brick walls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh gosh, oh my good.
Speaker 2: You and your brothers have been doing quite a few live shows for your own podcast, Brotherly Love. Are you surprised by the fact that all of us have still been able to have such thriving, albeit different careers thirty years after some of our you know, most famous shows or experiences were going live or is that surprised you.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not surprised by it. I always you.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, you guys are infinitely talented. There's no reason as to why. I mean, look, we all come up come up again. Well, every any actor when you're when you start young and you have a lot of success, or you have a big hit show or something that's a tough hurdle, it's.
Speaker 7: A huge, huge and you know, mainly because.
Speaker 5: I'm even realizing it, which is wild now being on the other side and watching a show like Stranger Things. Yeah, seeing the kids all grow up and being like I.
Speaker 7: Want them to grow up like they were in the first season.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's like exactly what people would do or other you know, actors that started as kids, you know, you're like, because I think it's just it's sort of a reflection on how much time has passed, and I don't think people want to see that time passing and going wow, if they're.
Speaker 7: Getting if they're growing up, what's happening to me? And wha I got?
Speaker 5: You know, it causes stress, So I totally understand it. So with those hurdles, you know, I'm just what I'm really proud of is that the people that you have been able to become because as you know, a lot of our peers, you know, have.
Speaker 7: You know, it's it's been, it's been rough, and.
Speaker 5: They've they've fallen into, you know, lives that aren't conducive to health and wellness. And so I'm just super proud that you guys have been able to get over these hurdles and still let your abilities and your talent shine.
Speaker 7: So I'm not surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm just super proud that you know, all of us are still here.
Speaker 7: We're living good lives. Yeah, we're healthy, you know.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm proud of all you guys. That that's what really gets me.
Speaker 2: Well, in typical Matt fashion, I wanted to talk about you, your family, your podcast, your live shows, and you ended up making it. You turned around and said, but it's you guys. You guys, you guys. So I'm just going to be even more direct. Can we please talk about your wonderful podcast and your live shows that I was fortunate enough to be a guest on there, and I told the guy.
Speaker 5: Fortunate you to bail this out, so I was like, please please.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, it was just the most random thing.
Speaker 3: When when I found out she had done your live show, I was like, Oh my god, they're doing a live show.
Speaker 4: That makes so much sense because you guys actually have talent. You actually.
Speaker 3: I was like, Oh, the Lauren's brother's doing a live show, and that's like a man.
Speaker 2: Dat ask me. They were like, how was their live show? And I was like, it was so much better than.
Speaker 4: A costume that's our live show.
Speaker 5: Okay. When you do these musical numbers and you want to put on this fantastical show, you.
Speaker 6: Need a band overheads.
Speaker 7: Guys, it's don't believe me. It was. It was a lot lot.
Speaker 2: I bet, but it paid off, because I don't know if it paid off for you guys, but it paid off the audience. The audience still paying it off.
Speaker 5: But we entertained the audience for sure, which was the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone was very entertained, including my mom and I and uh and no, actually my mom wasn't there. Jensen was there with me. But I did just just get to spend some time with my mom and your brother Joe in New York. We were in New York together. Yeah, Joe and I got to take a picture. We sent it to Matt. It was really fun. Yeah. So and tell me about tell me a little bit about your podcast. How do you guys break up your quote unquote seasons of the podcast? What season of the podcast are you in? Or do you not do it that way since you're not recapping anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't. We don't really do it that way.
Speaker 5: Work like by numbers, just number of shows I think we're in that we breached, Like I think we're somewhere around like one forty, rounding out fifty episodes something like that. So that's how we look at it because we're trying to get to five hundred. Okay, that's what I get to that's what like, are goal would be to get a package of five hundred amazing.
Speaker 2: Is there a particular reason five hundred? Is the goal just something you guys set ahead of time or something you plan on doing when you reach five hundred.
Speaker 5: No, it's kind of like it's just like a benchmark that we kind of set ourselves. I think also in the in the you know, the podcast world, it's it's interesting you have to have this certain amount of episodes that really, you know.
Speaker 1: Are.
Speaker 7: No, that's the right word. I guess they're kind of when you when you get like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you have a catalog like that, it just makes it more appealing for people to host that. So I think we're just like, if we're going to make this, you know all kind of payoff in the end of the day we each that five hundred benchmark.
Speaker 7: I think it'd be something to be proud of.
Speaker 2: Great. Yeah, well, now you are hosting the reality show Second Chance Love for the Hallmark Channel.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you're about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so exciting. What a great gig. I mean, I'm going to assume it's a great gig. I want you to tell us. But alongside your girlfriend, the effortlessly cool chili. And I know it is set in Sardinia, Italy. Does that mean you guys were there too, Yeah, oh sick tell us about.
Speaker 7: It, like yeah, like you would normally do.
Speaker 5: We went out there for about three and a half four weeks and shot all out and man, Sardinia, I can't go.
Speaker 7: I can't say enough about that place.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why it's a blue zone, you know, where people really have this extended life expectancy. And it really comes down to those those hallmarks that they've come across when they study blue zones, and it's the community is one and people are good to their neighbors. They take time for their friends and family, like it's like Spain.
Speaker 7: In the same way that in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of the day one to three pm ghost Town, there is nothing, no rest. Everybody is having lunch with their friends, taking time for themselves, doing what they need to do in the middle of the day.
Speaker 7: That's just consistent. And the food, guys, Wow, the food on another level, I'd put it.
Speaker 5: I don't know when it comes to that type of food, that mix of Italian and Mediterranean, there's it's at the top of the list I've ever been it's incredible, and you can eat pizza and pasta and you don't feel bloated and you don't have the problems because.
Speaker 1: It's not there's no chemical there's no chemicals and crap in it. It's just natural food. There's like if you get pasta there, it's two ingredients. It's like flower and water pasta exactly.
Speaker 5: And the flower they've they've milled and ground us. Yeah, literally from the fields below the restaurant. Yeah, you can't get more natural, and you can feel it like I honestly I have trouble with the gluten here in the States, and and I don't there.
Speaker 7: I can eat whatever I want it and you don't feel it. Like and you're walking. That's the other thing.
Speaker 5: You walk to dinner, you know, the dinner's three hours and then you walk home and it's it's it's it's an amazing experience. We got chili, and I got close with this one restaurant, this restaurant owner and his wife to the point where we were hanging out with them on the weekends, going on boat rides different islands. Like it's very you know, everybody is very warm and welcoming, and it's it's spectacular. It was an spectacular experience. The show was great, the production team was amazing. Yeah, what did you give a key?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, can you give us a breakdown? Like what is the actual show?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The show is basically they they take five couples that you know, knew each other or dated when they were younger, and they want to see if it's a second chance. It's like that one you always think about type of thing.
Speaker 6: I had that with my wife.
Speaker 1: I mean so when I dated twenty five years ago and then and then weren't together for like nine nine, ten years and then got back together.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that's cool. You had that exactly with my wife.
Speaker 5: So yeah, the whole premise of the show to see if these if you know, if if you had any regrets, if it's something that can go forward, or if it's something that should be left in the past.
Speaker 4: Because so what are they doing? What are they doing? Are there games, competitions?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's yeah, there's there's it's more of like I would say, just more, Yeah, there's not it's.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like, yeah, there's just like things to do.
Speaker 5: Like we went, I took the guys, we went all like go karting or we had a lesson in pasta making and then they you know, go out on dates and they have time together, whether it's relaxing by a pool or going on an adventure.
Speaker 7: It's just it's.
Speaker 6: Just but are they all together? I mean, is there a chance that like one couple and another couple.
Speaker 2: And this is how you're going to get willed whopping.
Speaker 6: Over where it's like all of a sudden, like yeah, what if? No, I mean like what if like one guy falls in love with a girl who's dating another guy. Has that ever happened? Or no? Okay, no, no, this is not that type of dating show.
Speaker 2: Well no there Hallmark, no good, there's no salacious.
Speaker 6: We all stay stay together, right, I mean there has to be. We're just going to be friends, right right?
Speaker 5: No, No, definitely, it's it's the the outcome is is very authentic.
Speaker 7: I can just say that authentic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we are very excited to watch the show and to see more of you in season seven of Boy Meets World. So thank you for coming back on with us, Matt. We always love seeing you. If we ever have we if we have more questions throughout season seven, we're going to force you to come back on.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely, guys, are you kidding? I want to hang out with you guys anyway, So.
Speaker 1: Well, ryder and I'll talk to you just off chain without Danielle about fancy restaurant plan.
Speaker 6: It'll be awesome again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Spark, shut up, just leave me out. No girls allowed, men, gentlemen tonight, it's not invite her. She won't eat what salad? Are you going to.
Speaker 4: Order your chain restaurant whoever you want?
Speaker 1: It's also where men, Danielle, we can order for ourselves. You can't take the time to order for you as well?
Speaker 7: What you have to do?
Speaker 6: No, you're not having steak tonight.
Speaker 3: That's a direct reference this season or episode two of season seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, episode two, Corey says to Tapanga's dad, look at you. Your clothes are not ironed and you've been eating takeout. You won't have his wife, no one to cook for him, and no one to iron his shirt. O. God is so funny. Well, Matt, thank you for being here with us. As always, we will see you. Let's let's get together though for real. All right? Great, thank you, bye.
Speaker 7: Bye, good.
Speaker 2: Bye. Always so good to see him. He's just a ray of sunshine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's annoying. I was just I was just with him and his two brothers.
Speaker 1: We were at a small convention and I want to say, Iowa, No, Where's Where's Ben's white?
Speaker 2: I was the Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indian So we were in Indy doing a convention in Indiana together and it was just myself next to the three guys for the weekend, and we had so much fun.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's what I said. When I got stuck on this flight situation with three of them, I was like, I laughed the entire time.
Speaker 6: There's so much fun. They really are. Their dynamic is great.
Speaker 4: It is, and like, you know, I wasn't kidding one.
Speaker 3: I was like it never occurred to me back then how much experience they already had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I still appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Like talking to them now, I'm like, wow, you guys are old, like pros, Like he's been in this industry and like he's so gracious and like respectful and you know, like's the conversations I've had with Matt over the years about like how he's approached his career and how he has a private life and like boundaries.
Speaker 2: He's so good at that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a way that I've always been a complete mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think from ninety nine to two thousand and one I had worked with the Savages, the Lawrences, and the Culkins. Wow, it was like the three kid Master families, royalty of all this stuff. So it was just to see the dynamics of a family where everybody's kind of in the industry and you grow up in the industry. It's really it's really interesting to see what some people do right, what some people do wrong. And I mean the Lawrence is they're all good guys with good heads on their shoulders. Not to say the other families aren't. I'm just I know them the best and they're Yeah, they're all great guys.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 6: Don't forget your mopanga merch. It won't be sold out though, because nobody likes me. Love is dead.
Speaker 2: Merch Pod meets Worldshow dot com. We love you all. Pod dismissed pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Writer Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com