Speaker 1: Total and utter disaster.
Speaker 2: Democrats now calling for replacing Joe Biden, calling an operation Replace Sleepy Joe. Dems are now scrambling with just one hundred and thirty days to go, and the White House is trying to spend the worst performance in president's debate history as quote, Joe has a cold. That's right, It's just a cold, folks, coming from NBC News Biden Trump twenty twenty four debate. Well, the President had a cold, but don't worry. Biden tested negative for COVID. Quote sources say. Two sources familiar with the situation confirming to see it in or NBC News that President Joe Biden has a cold. Biden was a minister of COVID tests, which was negative. Three sources confirm. Yeh, that's why Biden sounded horse throughout the debate. That is exactly how they're going to try to spend this. So really it was totally fine to see here, right, how bad was this debate? Democrats afterwards coming out and the first person you heard from on CNN, John King, put it this way.
Speaker 3: It's into the debate and it continues right now. It involves party strategists, it involves elected officials. It involves fundraisers, and they're having conversations about the president's performance, which they think was dismal, which they think will hurt other people down the party in the ticket, and they're having conversations about what they should do about it. Some of those conversations include should we go to the White House and ask the president's step aside or other of the conversations are about should prominent Democrats go public with that call because they feel this debate was so terrible.
Speaker 4: They do say in moments in the debate.
Speaker 3: Later the president got better and got his footing, but then at the end, even his closing statement was a little halting the contrast between the two candidates. Let me be clear, none of them and a lot of Republicans don't think Donald Trump had a great night.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump broke.
Speaker 3: The fact check machine more than I can count tonight. That will be on the record we go forward. He refused to answer some very specific and direct questions about his conduct about January.
Speaker 4: Sixth and what all, So that will be dealt with out there. And sometimes there's a parallel.
Speaker 3: Universe between the political elites and the American people. Be nice to see what the voters say, but I can.
Speaker 4: Tell you it started minutes in.
Speaker 3: It started with the first couple of answers, and it has continued throughout the night from oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, to what do we do about this? And it involves very senior people in the Democratic Party, including elected officials, saying we have a problem, and just.
Speaker 1: We have a problem.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden in one of those moments was this where it looked like he blew a fuse on national TV. And yes, Democrats have been lying to telling you, oh, Joe Biden's fine. The White House, Saggie's as sharp as ever, runs circles around his staff in an entire week to plan for this at Camp David. And this is the Joe Biden that showed up, and they want you to believe it was just because he had a cold. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Get sure that we continue to suppend in our healthcare system, making sure that we're able to make every single solitary person are eligible for what I've been able to do with the with the COVID, I excuse me, with dealing with everything we have to do with Look if we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 4: Thank you, President Bob Biden. President Trump, He's right.
Speaker 6: He did beat medicare, beat it to death. And he's destroying medicare because all of these people are coming in, they're putting them on Medicare, They're putting them on social Security. They're going to destroy social Security. This man is going to single handedly destroy social Security. These millions and millions of people coming in, they're trying to put them on Social Security. He will wipe out social Security. He will wipe out Medicare.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to debate, you know just how bad that moment was.
Speaker 2: You know that it looked like a man who completely lost his train of thought, didn't know where he was, didn't know what he was talking about, and then brought up Medicare. Now, Donald Trump there could have gone after him saying what are you doing? Do you even know where you are? He didn't. He went in on Medicare and used a smart line there. But there was also another part in the debate, and it was a moment when the slurring of the words and the cognitive decline of Joe Biden was very evident to everyone watching. This is the disaster that John King just mentioned, and listen to how the President responded to this.
Speaker 5: Across the border illegally. That's better than when he left office. And I'm going to continue to move until we get the total band on, the total initiative relative to what we're gonna do with more border patrol and more a cybum officers.
Speaker 6: I really don't know what he said at the end of this, and I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 2: It was a great way of handling it, and then immediately the president moved on to the border, which is exactly what he should have done, is to move on very quickly from that and just be like, I don't think he knows what he's saying, but he said it, and the fact that he didn't harp on it, I actually think was even more damning. See him in after the debate and they were the host, right, so they're losing their minds. Here is what Aaron Burnett had to say on Joe Biden's debate.
Speaker 7: He goes through six days of preparation a campaign, and they know the rules more than a week, okay, and so more than a week they know the rules. He practices with the mics. He knows every one of these questions is coming, and yet he couldn't fill the time. Now that I just want to, let's see what the White House is saying. Sourceus goes to the White House are saying he had a cold, wasn't feeling well. I mean, as you expect, that came out early on in the debate. But what accounts for someone with so much experience, doing so much preparation, and this.
Speaker 3: Thing the outcome honestly, the questor and answers itself, he wasn't capable of doing any better than he did.
Speaker 2: Aaron Burnett, former colleague of mine when I was at CNN. She's angry.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that?
Speaker 2: She's like, he goes through six days of preparation of Camp David. They know the rules, he practices with the mics. He knows every one of these questions is coming, which by the way, that screams like, well, will you guys give him the questions?
Speaker 1: And yet he couldn't fill the time.
Speaker 2: He couldn't fill the time on Social Security, they looked like you got another like eighty two seconds, man, eighty four seconds? Another question about African Americans, like you got another minute?
Speaker 1: You like you want to keep talking.
Speaker 2: Mister president, you can't fill two minutes of time about two extremely important issues. How is that even possible? How is it even possible that you can't fill the time. And yet here we are, and this is the conversation that wasn't all that was said on CNN about this as well? And again I'm playing CNN because they were the host of debate and CNN is carrying water for Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Listen some of them.
Speaker 8: He said, he's the only president in a while who didn't have any troops dying anywhere in the world.
Speaker 9: Troops have, of course, died on his watch.
Speaker 8: He said, He's put in a fifteen dollars per shot cap on insulin and Medicare.
Speaker 9: It's a thirty five dollars a month cap.
Speaker 8: He said, It's a two hundred dollars cap on overall drug spending in Medicare. It's two thousand dollars a year. He said the border now has fewer crossings than when Trump was in office. That's generally not true, he said, or at least strongly suggested. Unemployment was that fifteen percent when he took office, it was actually six point four. He said, Trump's want Trump wants to get rid of Social Security. Trump doesn't. He said, billionaires pay eight point two percent in taxes.
Speaker 9: It's much higher.
Speaker 8: He said Trump told Americans to inject bleach amid COVID. We know Trump made foolish comments about scientists studying disinfectant injection, but didn't frame it as advice to people.
Speaker 9: And Biden said the Border Patrol endorsed him.
Speaker 8: No, it's union supported the border bill he'd supported, never endorsed him himself.
Speaker 2: Again fact checking. This is CNN fact checking Joe Biden. I like rapture alert. Now it's not really a rapture alert. You need to understand why they're doing this. Okay, why why this conversation's happening. It's because they want to replace him, and so now they have to do this to replace him. CNN watching it. I said this when I was watching it right away with Cinder Cruz and and and one of the things that I was as I was watching it was like, this is like watching a funeral of someone who's still alive.
Speaker 1: A great example of it was.
Speaker 4: This there there is no two ways about it.
Speaker 1: That was not a good debate for Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Man. That was painful.
Speaker 10: I love Joe Biden. I worked for Joe Biden. He didn't do well at all. He did not do well at all, and he looked, Yeah, I'll give you the analysis. You kind of have the old man versus the con and I can walk you through how I'm supposed to see it and say it, but I'm just want to speak from our heart. I love that guy as a good man. He loves his country. He's doing the best that he can. But he had a test to meet tonight to restore confidence of the country and of the base, and.
Speaker 9: He failed to do that.
Speaker 10: And I think there's a lot of people who are going to want to see him.
Speaker 4: Consider taking a different course.
Speaker 10: Now we're still far from our convention, and there is time for this party to figure out a different way for it, if you will allow us to do that. But that was not what we needed from Joe Biden. And it's personally painful for a lot of people. It's not just panic, it's pain for what we saw at night.
Speaker 1: It's a funeral, y'all. Like this is a funeral.
Speaker 2: You're witnessing the Democratic Party saying we're going to throw you out now. By the way, if you want to, you know who's thrilled tonight. It's got to be Gavin Newsom. Gavin Newsom was asked because he thinks he could be the guy. Listen to Gavin Newsom quickly.
Speaker 11: Are you going to be the next Democratic nomineed?
Speaker 4: No, we are nominee as Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to voting for him in November.
Speaker 4: He's going to be our num because.
Speaker 12: You know that everyone we're talking about you as a possible nominia.
Speaker 1: Thanks, he said, Oh, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: That is below the CNN debate headquarters tonight, this reporter asking Gavin Newsom, are you going to be the next Democratic nominee? That's his answer while he was glowing and grinning from ear to ear. Let's also talk about America's reaction to all this. Forget CNN for a second. What did America say who won the debate? With debate watchers and a CNN poll that was conducted tonight right after the debate, their poll number says this, you ready, this is unbelievable. Who won the first debate? Donald Trump sixty seven percent, Joe Biden thirty three percent. Now there's thirty three percent of the country that are hardcore Democrats they talk to that we're not gonna admit that Donald Trump won. Right, they're partisan hacks. They're not going to ever admit that Donald Trump won. And that's the way that thirty three percent comes fromp the sixty seven percent of the public that says Donald Trump won. That is the number that everybody right now should in fact be talking about, because this number is truly incredible. Scott Jennings over at CNN also when he was asked about this, like how bad this is?
Speaker 13: Listen told for weeks weeks by Democrats who say, oh, in private meetings, I've seen Joe Biden do cartwheels and handstands while doing trigonometry while solving all the nation's problems. We now know that every single person who said that has been lying to the America people.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of Democrats who've been lying to each and every one of us. It's a point that I said during the debate with Center Cruz, and you're gonna hear that our conversation in a moment. But this is a everybody that went on stage, okay, everybody that went on TV, everybody that went out there defending Joe Biden until tonight when clearly the lights were out, nobody was home, and Joe Biden's head, they were all lying to you like, oh, he's in great and everything's wonderful, everything's amazing, and look, you can't like, you can't tell people that what they saw tonight was not what they saw tonight, like they saw a man that was completely lost. And that's the reason why in that moment, I think, I really do. I think the point of the night that was the biggest line of all that won Joe Biden a seat to the exit ramp of the Democratic Party and one Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: The entire night was this moment.
Speaker 5: Continue to move until we get the total ban on the total initiative relative to what we're gonna do with more border patrol and more a cybum officers.
Speaker 6: President Trump, I really don't know what he said at the end of this, and I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 2: I don't think he knows what he said either. And did you notice that he didn't fight back?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: Did you notice what was said? He didn't fight back. Quaeren mccaskell hardcore Lefty On with Rachel Maddout a night on MSNBC for their coverage. Listen to what she said.
Speaker 12: Well, first, the easy part, Donald Trump is a liar, a flawed character, mean, a jerk, very unlikable, and that was obvious tonight. Now the horn and heartbreaking part. I have been a surrogate for some presidential candidates in my time. I know what the job is after a debate of a surrogate. I've never wanted to be a surrogate more than I do right now, because when you're a surrogate you have to focus on the positives. But I have said very clearly and very plainly on this network, and my job now is to be really honest. Joe Biden had one thing he had to do tonight and he didn't do it. He had one thing he had to accomplish, and that was reassure America that he was up to the job at his age, and he failed at that tonight. Now does that mean that my phone blowing up with senators and campaign operatives and donors, big donors from all over the country. Does that mean that Joe Biden is not going to be the candidate? I don't know that. I think we'll know a lot more in a few weeks how this plays out, how the polling plays out. But I think a couple of things are going on right now. I think I'm not the only one whose heart is breaking right now. There's a lot of people who watch this tonight and felt terribly for Joe Biden. And you know, you have to ask, how did.
Speaker 9: We get here?
Speaker 12: How do we get to the point that we're spending a whole lot of time talking about the vice president tonight instead of talking about the president. And I don't know how the rest of this story is written. I don't know if things can be done to fix this. They might, and you know, Trump is so terrible that this might heal itself. But based on what I'm hearing from a lot of people, and some of them are people that are in high elective offices in this country, and you might guess where they serve, there is a lot of more than hand ringing tonight.
Speaker 1: I did more than hand ringing.
Speaker 2: She's either referring to Chuck Shimmer and Kama Harris are both folks. She's making it clear in the statement she just made.
Speaker 1: And again, who won the debate?
Speaker 2: Seeing it on TV, having to tell you, yes, Donald Trump beat the crap out of Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Who won the debate?
Speaker 15: We asked debate watchers in our instant poll and the answer is a resounding Donald Trump did. Sixty seven percent of debate watchers in our poll say Donald Trump won the debate tonight. Joe Biden thirty three percent say he won the debate tonight. Now, this group of debate watchers, they told us who they thought would win the debate going into it, before the debate, and take a look at how that changed over time. Fifty five percent thought before the debate that Donald Trump would win the debate. Forty five percent thought Joe Biden would win the debate.
Speaker 2: There is no way to get out of what everyone just witnessed tonight. There's no way to get around just how bad this is. Joe bat Biden. You can you can say all you want. Okay, you can. You can say all that you want that he had a cold. And by the way, the first lady looking at Joe Biden, this is what they said.
Speaker 1: They're after party. It's just listen to this.
Speaker 16: Joe, you did such a great job. You answered every question. Can you know, let me ask the crowd.
Speaker 14: What did Trump do?
Speaker 2: Maybe she's going to be the candidate now Joe Biden's out there at their party there after party in Atlanta, and you've got the first lady who's saying, you answered every question, you knew the facts, and what did what did Donald Trump do?
Speaker 1: He lied?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's there in a room not realizing they're at a funeral. They're at a funeral for him, Like that's it, Chuck. By the way, Chuck Todd at NBC News describing it this way, even though they're saying on stage right now, oh no, everything's fine.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 17: One of the things was, would either candidate look like the caricature that the other campaign has been trying to paint of him? And at the end of the day, Joe Biden looks like the caricature that conservative media has been painting. And there were no clips tonight, right this was you saw it before your eyes. Look, I don't want to just tell you what I think here, Tom. I've been talking to a lot of leaders in the Democratic Party, elected coalition leaders. There's a full on panic about this performance, not like, oh, this is recoverable. It is more of a okay, he's got a step aside. There's a lot of that chatter.
Speaker 4: This is about as bad.
Speaker 17: Of a performance in order to do that, Biden could have delivered.
Speaker 4: If his goal was.
Speaker 17: To try to sort of calm the waters among Democrats.
Speaker 4: I mean, look the.
Speaker 2: This is chick tod saying this at MSNBC Mark Levin, who's a dear friend of mine and a mentor. He said, think of all the public people who've intentionally lied to the American people. Think of all the public people, all the elected officials, everybody around the president who just straight up lied to you and told you that this guy was in great shape. Who's running the country. That's the other question, like who is running the country? Who's running the country. I want to bring in Senator Ted Cruz. We did an instant response to this, and I want you to hear our conversation.
Speaker 1: Center.
Speaker 2: I want to get to some of the highlights. But even before we get to the debate, I think the most shocking part is what happened directly after the debate. This was the first thing that America heard on CNN, the host of the debate.
Speaker 3: It's into the debate and it continues right now. It involves party strategists, it involves elected officials, it involves fundraisers, and they're having conversations about the president's performance, which they think was dismal, which they think will hurt other people down the party in the ticket, and they're having conversations about what they should do about it.
Speaker 4: Some of those conversations include.
Speaker 3: Should we go to the White House and ask the president's step aside? Or other of the conversations are about should prominent Democrats go public with that call because they feel this debate was so terrible.
Speaker 4: They do say in moments in the debate.
Speaker 3: Later the president got better and got his footing, but then at the end, even his closing statement was a little halting the contrast between the two candidates. Let me be clear, none of them and a lot of Republicans don't think Donald Trump had a great night. Trump broke the fact check machine more than I can count tonight. That will be on the record as we go forward. He refused to answer some very specific and direct questions about his conduct about January sixth and what all. So that will be dealt with out there. And sometimes there's a parallel universe between the political elites and the American people. Be nice to see what the voters say, but I can tell you it started minutes in. It started with the first couple of answers, and it has continued throughout the night from oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, to what do we do about this? And it involves very senior people in the Democratic Party, including elected officials, saying we have a problem.
Speaker 1: And just we have a problem.
Speaker 2: They're moving actively right now to replace Joe Biden, saying we've got time before the convention, which is exactly what you predicted on this show nine months ago.
Speaker 18: Well, let me say what you played just there. I agree with half of it, and I disagree with half of it. What I do agree with is that Joe Biden did unbelievably badly. That the degree of dementia he is facing right now now, it is escalated to a point that it is unrecognizable. And I think there are a great many Democrats who are looking at this saying we cannot nominate this man. He is not capable. He doesn't know what's going on. In a second, we're going to play a couple of clips that show that. But it was I will say, as badly as I thought Joe Biden was going to do, he did worse. It was stunning. I've never seen a debate performance this bad. But the part I disagree of what you just played is I think Donald Trump had hands down his best debate performance he has ever had in his life. Look, I've stood on that stage with Donald Trump about a dozen times, and I've seen him and sometimes he said good debates. Sometimes he's had less than good debates. Tonight he did exactly what earlier this morning, you and I did a special podcast preparing for this debate, and what you and I talked about that Trump needed to do is be calm, be measured, be under control, not interrupt Joe Biden, let him hang himself, give him the airtime to talk. And Trump did that spectacularly. He was restrained, even as Biden was saying ridiculous things. He was restrained, he was calmed, he was matter of fact. He prosecuted the case, and Biden couldn't handle it. Biden repeatedly, what was screaming, You're a liar, You're lying. You could I mean, he was there were moments. Look, it's clear we talked before about the meds. They had him on meds. They put him on different meds from the State of the Union. He was not nearly as amped up as he was at the State of the Union. But when Trump poked him and he got angry, Biden couldn't respond other than just screaming, liar, liar, liar. And he returned to the State of the Union, old man on his front porch screaming, get off my front port. She had moments like that, But that's not even the dominant takeaway. The dominant takeaway is this is a man who doesn't know what's going on here.
Speaker 14: I want to play the clip early in the day bait where he just.
Speaker 18: Completely loses his train of thought, and this is the answer at which I think people all over the country said, Uh, oh, this guy's just not there.
Speaker 14: Give a listen.
Speaker 5: I s could be with dealing with everything we have to do with Uh look, if we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 2: We finally beat medicare. I mean Donald Trump's response was quote, I don't I really don't know what he said at the end of that sentence. I don't think he knows what he said either, And Joe Biden dishes so.
Speaker 18: Ben he actually didn't say that in response to that comment. That was in response to a statement later that he said that was completely incoherent. This was the first one, and Biden gets lost and and Trump counters with what he counters to, that is and by the way, the question had nothing to do with medicare. Like the word medicare comes completely out of left field. It's the only thing he mentioned. He's just like, we finally beat medicare. And then Trump cames and said, well, he said at the end, he beat medicare, he beat it to death. Give a listen to Trump's response. Play the next clip.
Speaker 5: All those things we need to do, childcare, eldercare, making sure that we continue to suppend strength in our healthcare system, making sure that we're able to make every single solitary person eligible for what I've been able to do with the UH, with the COVID, I sculd be with dealing with everything we have to do with Look, if we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 4: Thank you, President Biden.
Speaker 6: President Trump, Well, he's right, he did beat medicare, beat it to death. And he's destroying Medicare because all of these people are coming in, they're putting them on Medicare, They're putting them on.
Speaker 2: I mean, you hear that. He just stopped. Didn't know what he was doing. And if you look at the look on his face. Senator Joe Biden actually looked lost and was looking around like what.
Speaker 1: Am I doing? Am I?
Speaker 18: His brain was frozen. It short circuited throughout the time. I'll tell you Joe Biden did badly when he wasn't talking. When he wasn't talking, the look on his face was a look of confusion. Listen, anyone who's ever dealt with with an elderly parent, an elderly grandparent who's dealing with the loss of their faculties knows that look. My grandmother Miabuela, whom I love, she had Alzheimer's. I've seen, I've seen what happens. It was clear he didn't know what was going on. He was just confused. And even his most passionate defenders, they can't defend them all right, Maria Shriver.
Speaker 1: I just saw this. Kene Kennedy, Yeah, I just saw this.
Speaker 18: Democrat Democrat Royalty. Let me read you what she just tweeted moments ago. Quote, I love Joe Biden. I know he's a good man. I know his heart is good. I know is dedicated to our country and is surrounded by good people. Tonight was heartbreaking in many ways. This is a big political moment. There's panic in the Democratic Party. It's going to be a long night. The Democrats have lost Maria Shriver, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, and listen to Abbi Phillips.
Speaker 2: Abby Phillips saying this on CNN as well in the moments afterwards. This is how she described how bad it was for Joe Biden.
Speaker 11: And just to co sign what John is saying. I mean, the panic that I am hearing from Democrats is not like anything that I have heard in this campaign so far, and a lot of it has to do with First of all, there was a deep frustration about Trump's lies.
Speaker 9: I mean, he lied a lot tonight.
Speaker 11: But the problem for Biden was that Trump was able to take sometimes incredible falsehoods and turn them into some kind of argument, whereas Biden's answers were in a lot of cases not coherent, deeply problematic, that he was not able to take pretty straightforward answers and answer them to.
Speaker 14: The that's CNN.
Speaker 18: That is CNN who's saying the Democrats are panicking, and Biden's answers where in a lot of cases not go here, all right, play Van Jones, Van Jones, this is the hard left here. He's on CNN. Listen, here's what Van Jones had to say.
Speaker 10: I was painful. I love Joe Biden. I worked for Joe Biden. He didn't do well at all. He did not do well at all.
Speaker 2: It's like a funeral. It's like you're watching a funeral in real time on CNN. And this is their instant reaction. These are the first voices that America heard after the debate. Drudge Report, for example, which used to be pretty conservative center, now they really hate Donald Trump. Their headline right now is operation Replace Biden, dim scramble with one hundred and thirty days to go debate catastrophe, Which brings me back to let's go back to nine months ago. Nine months ago, September the eighteenth, You and I had this conversation.
Speaker 1: And by the way, there were a lot in the media and there were a lot.
Speaker 2: Of other people in Washington that said you and I were crazy for having this conversation.
Speaker 1: So let's play the clip.
Speaker 18: So here's the scenario that I think is perhaps most likely and most dangerous. In August of twenty twenty four, the Democrat Kingmakers jettison Joe Biden and parachute in Michelle Obama, and.
Speaker 14: I want you to pause and reflect on it.
Speaker 2: So I'm pausing, and I'm reflecting, as we said, and so is everybody else listening.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 14: I view this as a very serious danger.
Speaker 1: I'm smiling right now because it terrifies me. And I also could totally see this happening.
Speaker 18: So, Michelle Obama, number one, you don't infuriate African American women, which is a critical part of the constituency that Democrats are relying on to win. But number two, you avoid the problem if you pick from any of the four. The other three are pissed because they're all, to some extent peers, they're rivals, they're all jabbin knives at each other. Michelle Obama, because she was first Lady, has the ability to kind of parachute in above all four and say, hey, we're not picking among any of you. You guys can all fight it out next time. You're all going to be on the same level. We're coming. This is the Obamas saving the day, and I think in terms of a solution that unifies Democrats, there ain't nothing like that. I also think Michelle is not all that eager to run for president, but to parachute in in August of twenty four, a couple of months before the presidency, and suddenly wake up and be president.
Speaker 1: Not a bad gig.
Speaker 14: It's not a bad gig at all. Now, would she do it? I don't know.
Speaker 18: I've met Miche, but I don't know her personally in any meaningful way. I don't know if she would do it. I do think Barack Obama is already running the Biden administration. I think he is already the puppet master behind this Biden White House. I don't think Joe Biden is the decision maker. And so when I see the media turning on Joe Biden right now, I think the odds of Michelle Obama parachuting in in August of twenty twenty four have risen dramatically, and that ought to scare the hell out anyone who who is unhappy about the direction this country is going and doesn't want us to go even crazier in an even worse direct.
Speaker 2: September eighteenth, center of twenty twenty three, we had this discussion, and even right now on MSN dot com, the headline is we beat Medicare Biden. Freese's mid answer before being bailed out by moderator and then they go on to talk about that was a total disaster by the sitting president and Democrats are running to replace Joe Biden, so they're not even having the conversation behind closed doors. They're having it out on national TV right now and in the news.
Speaker 18: Well, and Ben, what you've just played is I think as good a promo for this podcast as you possibly could have.
Speaker 14: What we are facing right now.
Speaker 18: We predicted on this podcast nine months ago in September of twenty twenty three. We were among the very first voices to do that. At the time, it made a bunch of headlines. And you're right, people thought we were batcrap crazy. Let's be clear, they thought I was bat crap crazy. I shouldn't say we had stick you into that. You were there while I was making that prediction, and they were like, cruise has lost as mind. And by the way, in terms of predictions, we also at the outset of COVID laid out all of the evidence that COVID originated in the Chinese lab in Wuhan. When CNN and ABC, CBSNBC were suppressing that news, when Facebook and Twitter were suppressing that news, we were laying out thevidence. Then and this morning before the debate, our analysis of the debate, I predicted, unequivocally, Donald Trump is going to kick Joe Biden's ass. That was my prediction. That is exactly what happened. It was the title of the show. And there were not a lot of people predicting that, But I number one thought Biden would do terribly. But number two, if Trump could remain controlled, and he did that, he did that in an excellent way. I'm going to call President Trump tomorrow and tell him it's the best debate he's ever done, and I've been there for a lot of them. He was measured, he was controlled, he was fact based, he laid out the case. Even his response on medicare, let's take the one we just played. It would be easy to be starky and say, okay, this guy is like that answer is incoherent. What Trump did was even better. There said, I mean, look, he said he actually did beat medicare, which was obviously a weird brain short circuit. And he said the reason he beat medicare is because he's let millions and millions of legal immigrants into this country. He's putting them all in Medicare, which is going to bankrupt Medicare. And that was a major message that Trump is hitting, is that the invasion on our southern border is also bankrupting Medicare and social Security. I think that was a smart decision to lean in on that. Joe Biden had no answer. He had no response all night long. As Trump laid out the case you caused the inflation, Joe Biden had no response to that. As Trump laid out the people who are being murdered all across this country from criminals and insane asylums. When Trump would say, look, Venezuela is emptying their jails and sending US murderers and rapists and child molesters and lunatics, you saw Joe Biden just looking confused. He had no response, He didn't dispute it. He had nothing to say in response. On foreign policy, and we talked about this again in this morning's podcast, Joe Biden just said, well, if Trump's president Putin will invade all of Ukraine and all of Europe, and Trump is like, what utter crap? When I was president, Russia didn't invade one square inch of territory anywhere on planet Earth. And by the way he did under Barack Obama and he did under Joe Biden. You are so weak that that's why Putin invaded and it. Trump did an excellent job of prosecuting the case, and Biden was utterly incapable of responding. And I think you are seeing seeing Democrats freaking out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 18: I believe there are two things. Well, let me say to a couple of things. Number one, let me tell you why I believe it'll be Michelle Obama because you're going to see today and tomorrow all sorts of discussion. You're gonna hear Gavin Newsome, You're gonna hear all sorts of other names.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this one. I think, if they do it, what's the pitch?
Speaker 2: Because it's gonna start with Barack Obama, who was just leading Joe Biden off stage, remember, and everybody saw it like he was an elderly old man at old folks home. And I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm just being honest about it. And clearly he witnessed how bad it was. Then does is he the guy that has to look at Michelle Night going I'd do it, but I can I've already been president for eight years.
Speaker 1: It has to be you, honey.
Speaker 18: Well, let me break it to two pieces. Let me tell you why it has to be Michelle. It has to be Michelle because of Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris is the VP. If you push Joe Biden aside, Kamala's.
Speaker 14: Next in line.
Speaker 18: The people who say we want Gavin Newsom. You know what if the Democrat Party pushes an African American woman aside and replaces her with a white guy, their party implodes. They cannot do it. They are bean counters and they are faced. It's actually what forced Joe Biden to pick Kamala in the first place. He backed himself into it. He doesn't like Kamala. And the problem Democrats are having that now is they're looking at Joe Biden. They're saying, oh my goodness, this guy cannot be our nominee. And they look at Kamala and they recognize she's a terrible nominee. And if she's the nominee, they know they'll lose. And so their problem is the only person on planet Earth who can push Kamala Harris aside is Michelle Obama, another African American woman who stands on a different footing as a former first Lady. Now, what are the impediments that stop it? The impediments are twofold number one, Michelle says no, number two. Joe Biden says no. On the Michelle says no. I think you're gonna have Barrock coming to her. I think you're gonna have a lot of Democrat kingmakers coming to her. And the pitch is gonna be Michelle, you need to save America. Michelle, We need you, Michelle. If you do not step forward, Donald Trump is going to be president. Michelle, you are the only person on planet Earth that can save the world from a Donald Trump presidency.
Speaker 14: And listen.
Speaker 18: People perceive Michelle Obama as somewhat nonpartisan because she was a first late in first Ladies kind of stay out of politics. I think she is more radical than Barack is. I think she is an ideologue. I think she is a leftist. You remember when when Barack Obama was running and she talked about his getting elected was the first most time in her life she was proud of her country. I think she embraces hardcore leftism, but a lot of people don't know that. And so the pitch to her is going to be Save America. And then the pitch to Joe Biden. She's got to say yes number one. And then too, Joe Biden has got to agree to step aside. And I think you're going to see in the coming days. You know, you played my prediction from September of twenty twenty three. The only thing I might have gotten wrong is I said that this would happen in August of twenty twenty four. It may be July of twenty twenty four. I may have been a month off in the timing. Because this debate I think changed the fundamental terrain.
Speaker 2: Let's also talk about there was two moments that I think really speak to the demise of the cognitive clin of Joe Biden. And it was subtle but significant, and I want to get your reaction to it. There was one moment when he was asked about social Security and he gave a very very short answer and then the moderators looked at him like what you doing? You still have I think they said eighty four seconds left or something like that. There was another time he was talking about African American voters, African American community, and African American issues. And they're like, sir, you still have like another minute and xmber of seconds, sixty four seconds left.
Speaker 1: He couldn't even.
Speaker 18: By the way, he spent eight days at Camp David preparing and he could not fill the two minutes with it a the.
Speaker 2: Two minutes on two vitally important issues like social Security. Any politician should be able to fill for two minutes. In fact, you should be able to fill.
Speaker 18: These were not subtle, These were not gotcha's, These were obvious questions. He had nothing to say. He was scared. He was a deer in the headlights.
Speaker 2: So you said, deer in headlights. Let's go to the next conversation that's being had right now. And I'm sure it's being had at the White House, at the EOB, at the campaign headquarters. Who goes to the president first and says step down? And then you're also dealing with every guy that's ever very stubborn though like he can just can't he just look at him say I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 18: He is absolutely stubborn. I think it is BARACKO Bob. I think it is Nancy Pelosi. I think it is Chuck Schumer. I think it is every leader in the Democrat Party. It's not Kamala Harris Kamo is not allowed in the room, but I think it is. And they go to him and they're pitch to him. They say, Joe, you were an historic president, you saved America from Donald Trump. You wanted to be the next FDR. I think they will they will appeal to his vanity and say you are the next to FDR. You are consequential right now. If you stay in the race, you risk undoing your entire legacy and giving that legacy going down in history as the man who made Donald Trump president. If you stay in this race, it will be your fault that Trump is president. I think they'll appeal to his vanity and look that that is. I think to Joe bideny really powerful pitch. Look you look at the debate tonight. He said things. At one point, he said, during Trump's presidency, we had a thousand trillionaire. By the way, there are no trillionaires on planet Earth. At another point, he said, during Donald Trump, we had fifty percent unemployment.
Speaker 14: No, that is wildly wrong.
Speaker 18: At another part, he said, he created Joe Biden created hundreds of millions of jobs. Mind you, there three hundred and thirty million Americans, and apparently he's created hundreds of millions of jobs, so more more jobs than there are working Americans. Like it is, every answer was a problem. At another point, he said, the Border Patrol endorsed me.
Speaker 14: Let's be clear.
Speaker 18: The Border Patrol Union immediately tweeted out to be clear, we have never and will never endorse Biden at every stage. And what's interesting, he was also trying to insult Trump. Yeah, and Trump didn't take the bait. Yeah, and he was smart. It was really at actually when Trump poked Biden, Biden freaked out. He couldn't not take the bait. And so the contrast, and I'll say something else. You mentioned African American votes. Trump's number are surging in the black community, and I think tonight he made a very hard pitch for black voters, and his most significant pitch. He had a lot of points about how bad Trump, how bad Biden has been for the African American community, talked about inflation, how it's hammering black families. But then he also tied it to illegal immigration, and he said, look that the millions and millions of ill immigrants that are coming into this country, they're taking jobs from black Americans. That is a powerful argument. That is an argument. And by the way, Biden had no response to that. It was silent. It was on the substance. Trump prosecuted the case and Biden crashed and burned. And in fact, the Wall Street Journal just sent out their key takeaway, their story that they wrote tonight, and it's now ten forty seven pm, and their headline is Biden crashed in first debate with Trump. That's not an editorial, that's the news headline in the Wall Street Journal because it is just a objectively if you watch the Hennenburg explode, you don't say Zeppelin landed tonight.
Speaker 2: Now, well, let's also talk about those that have been lying. The media center has been lying, congressmen have been lying, staff members have been lying. They've been going on TV telling you that Joe Biden can run circles around me. The White House Press Secretary saying over and over again saying there's no cognitive decline here, saying that he's in perfect health. This guy is is a beast. He's you know, he's jacked up aviator Joe. Now they're all actually having to admit they're wrong, But no one's gonna I think call them accountable for that. They're just gonna run out there and say, clearly, it's time for him to step aside, step aside, step aside, which is also weird because if you're not cognitive, you don't have the cognitibility to be president in the future. Right, and they're saying he can't be the president come January again, then when does the twenty fifth and does that even come up? Because you're admitting that he's basically incapacitated.
Speaker 18: Now, Yeah, listen, we have seen reporters and we've seen Democrats lying about Joe's mental capacity for a long time, and nobody fair and objective who watched tonight could conclude anything other than this is a man who is seriously mentally diminished.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 18: It's interesting Andrew Yang, who you remember, ran for president against Joe in twenty twenty, he tweeted out tonight quote, look, I debated Joe seven times in twenty twenty.
Speaker 14: He's a different guy.
Speaker 18: In twenty twenty four, hashtag swap Joe out that that's from one of the alternative one of the other candidates who ran against twenty twenty, from a prominent Democrat. Two of the top trends that were trending tonight right after the debate were dementia and Michelle Obama. Now that's bad news. I's if that's what's what is And all right, I want to wrap up tonight's pod with this. I'm going to do something I have rarely, if ever done. I may never have done this before. I'm going to praise CNN this morning's debate. You and I both thought Jake Tapper and Dana Bash would do a terrible job. They both hate Donald Trump, they both have become hard partisans. CNN did an excellent job tonight with this debate. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. That was the best debate moderation they have ever done. They ask good questions, they asked substantive questions. They didn't make the debate about them. One of the interesting things no one is debating about the moderators bad debate moderators. When Chris Wallace debated moderated, the whole debate was about him because he wanted to be right in the center of the show. When Candy Crowley from CNN was the moderator between Obama and Mitt Romney, she made it all about her. Jake and they ask good questions, they moved subjects along. They would press the candidates, but not in a jerky way. They just say, I asked you the following question. You have another sixty seconds to answer it. When they didn't get their questions answered, that's a perfectly reasonable thing for a debate moderator to do. I've been in multiple debates that each of them have moderated. I think they both were incredibly sensitive to everyone laying out the facts that they have shown wild bias, and tonight tonight they didn't, and they did an excellent job, and I think that was a service to the country.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you one other question, because everyone's asking it in their head right now, what is the hold on a second?
Speaker 10: Ben?
Speaker 18: You didn't respond to that, and since you're a former employee of CNN, I'm not gonna let you bet. Ben, you have sixty two seconds. The question is do you think Jake and Danna did a good job.
Speaker 2: I think they did a decent job. And here's why I'm not gonna get them as much cur as you did.
Speaker 1: You ready for this, all right, but I'm gonna make you answer it.
Speaker 14: I'm not gonna let you wiggle away.
Speaker 1: For Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: I think they were in as much shock as we were, going, Holy crap, I'm watching an incapacitated president of the United States of America. And they were caught so off guard. They said, just stick to the script, just stick the script, Just stick the script, like it was a default mode. Because it was such a glaring disaster with Biden that no one, no, none of the moderators were honestly paying attention to Donald Trump.
Speaker 14: Yes, but.
Speaker 18: Jake and Dana were more measured than I've ever seen them. They were deliberately controlled. They knew that half the country viewed them as wild eyed partisans. Look, we played this morning Jake analogizing Trump to Adolf Hitler. Yes, and I still believe that to I think he believes it. But tonight that didn't come out. And so if we're going to criticize him when when he's not doing a good job, I will say, I.
Speaker 1: Think think that they did their job.
Speaker 2: Think the biggest political train wreck in American history, and they were in it and it was like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: How do you triage this? And so they got rid of some of that.
Speaker 2: I think if Joe Biden would have showed up jacked up like you did at the say of the Union. I think it would have been a complete different debate from the moderator standpoint. But I think they saw what everybody else saw, which was we have a present that is incapacitated and the whole world is watching it now and no one can stop it. There was no one to step in and lead him off the stage like Barack Obama did two weeks ago, Which brings me back to that question that everyone's asking, how quickly will we find out if the conversations with Joe Biden are going to work to get him to step aside?
Speaker 1: Number one? Okay?
Speaker 2: And number two, how quickly do Democrats have to fall back in line and stick with this guy if he doesn't decide to step down? And those are the two most important questions.
Speaker 1: Maybe the entire.
Speaker 18: Night, three weeks, twenty one days, this happens or doesn't happen.
Speaker 14: In three weeks.
Speaker 18: I think you're gonna have massive chaos following this debate. You're gonna have massive panic. People are gonna go to Michelle Obama, people are going to go to Joe Biden. I don't think given the train wreck that happened tonight. I don't think they'll wait until after the Democrat Convention. I think they feel a panic right now. I think they're gonna want Michelle Obama to be the keynote speaker at the Democrat Convention, not Joe Biden. So I think we have twenty one days for this to play out. And look over the course of the last year, I've handicapped this. I initially laid it out as a possibility, then shifted as the Democrats and the media we're starting to get nervous about Joe Biden. I shifted to about fifty percent. As we sit here today, I put the odds at north of eighty percent that Michelle Obama is the Democrat nominee on the ballot in November of this year.
Speaker 2: Make sure you share this podcast with your family and your friends, and I'll see you back here tomorrow morning.