Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Massler Long with Tim Stanwick. Let's get to some of the stocks on the move on this Thursday Bloomberg News process. That reporter Isabell Ye. She is back in the house. Coinbase.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about coinbas tickers ci in. So it's barely hanging on to those gains just up by happen like so definitive and then.
Speaker 4: Combu gainers or decliners, so it kind of doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I like Coinbase. It's a sixty six billion dollar company and it was raised to a buy from Neutral and Bang of America. So the bank said it's optimistic on growth from new products and a lower valuation, and they see opportunity with a tokenization product, and they see the company as a likely partner for traditional finance firms or tradfi as people on Twitter say, So tokenization is the hot word these days. Just think but as you know, converting conventional assets like stocks, bonds and all of that into blockchain based tokens that you can trade on a fractional basis. It's a lot of people are trying it, from Janie Henderson to Robinhood. It's just really the next thing. I mean, Blackrock also is pushing into that.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't replace an exchange. It just means the transaction and moving like if an ownership or something right.
Speaker 3: Is that what it doesn't work place? I think, for example, when I talk to one as a manager, they launch a private credit tokenized fund, and what they want to tap is a different set of market entirely people who live on the blockchain. So it's not like they want to move people in the trade file world to this world post the crypto show. What are your thoughts, Tim.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, is that a believer the blockchain?
Speaker 3: You do know? I don't, but I kind of.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But I kind of get the import of the blockchain for a lot of things in terms of movement. But you would also though in the financial sector like potentially cut out layers. But it sounds like traditional trad FI wants to be a part of this, so then maybe the layers come back. Are you a believer, mister crypto?
Speaker 4: It's not my job to believe that, is true?
Speaker 3: Job to facts. Okay, now Coinbase is in the red.
Speaker 1: Okay, is Nike on the blockchain?
Speaker 3: Nike is not yet on the blockchain. It's on people's feet. That's a bad thing. The stock is higher by three and a half percent. Ticker is n k E. So lots of headlines. Actually, so the latest is Nike is saying that it won't have to face claims from a fired executive whose first language is Spanish and it's over the age of fifty that he was subjected to mocking comments about his age and his accent. The other news is Needum. Yes, actually that was loaded and I'm moving on to the next Needum downgrading the footwear maker to hold from by. Nike has struggled in the past year with the sales in China, and it's Converse brand, so I think people still wear Converse, so I see some in the office. So lots of headlines moving for Nike.
Speaker 4: You know one thing that happened yesterday with Nike that you may be referring to Carol when you asked about the blockchain, is the company sold its digital products subsidiary Artifact. Yes, it's it's pronounce Artifact, but it's all caps RT fkt uh. They were going into blockchain collectibles years ago. They shuttered the business a year ago. They finally sold it off this week. So there is a blockchain I don't get.
Speaker 1: I also don't get that party there.
Speaker 4: So imagine you're in the metaverse. This was the you know twenty twenty one. Well I remember this was the twenty one story. Right, You're in the metaverse and you're like, oh, I'm in the metaverse. I need a pair of Nikes. I'll pay for the No.
Speaker 1: I know, people, if we're going to do designer shopping, do you want to do a digital designer shopping or do you want the real thing?
Speaker 3: I mean, there were collectle we're making those. Their Twitter photos are what a time? What a time? Look at us?
Speaker 1: It ain't over.
Speaker 3: You moved on. So House, Okay, this one is deep, deep in the red. I'm not cool enough for sol House, but it's a member's only club to the uninitial and typically for the creative types.
Speaker 4: You're definitely cool.
Speaker 3: She is cool. We should just form our own club. So the stock is dall.
Speaker 1: At Bloomberg House.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's cute, over and over so nice.
Speaker 4: She's like, Okay, let me talk.
Speaker 3: It's cute, okay, so that's tickers sh CEO. It's down big time eleven percent. That's after the company is facing a funding gap tied to their pending sales. So MSR Hospitality and QP said they can't fund a two hundred million dollar equity commitment in full. So as brief background, we have a group of investors leading led by several boutique New York hotels, agreeing to take SOHO House private.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.