Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Past podcast. It is Thursday, November two, and the Ravens are gearing up for a matchup coming up on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. As we get ready for that matchup, we had a chance to talk with the coordinators today, so let's kick things off with Special teams coordinator Chris Horton.
Speaker 2: Good to see everyone today. I thank for our guys, man, It's just been a it's been a really good two days of work. Outside. We're doing a good job, just really trying to execute so we can go out and really just play, continue to put together some some good football. We're doing a lot of good things. Every now and then, you know, there's like might be a little hiccup here or there, but for the most part, man, I'm really encouraged by what our guys are doing on Sundays.
Speaker 3: Questions, Chris, you go through the first one side kick and kind of what you guys were thinking was gonna happen, and when l wasn't executed, probably what you wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just just from that standpoint, you know, we got we got the guys out there. Uh, if you noticed before we took the time out, so we have a pretty good idea of probably what's about to happen. And then uh, and then from there, you know, it's just like anything else. You got to go out and you got to execute the play you saw. There's there was no different kick from the first one to the second one. We just uh are our end that's in that position. You just got to go attack the football. Other than that, Uh, there's there's nothing else behind that play.
Speaker 4: On Tucker's upright kick, which it feels like anytime in indoor is fifty yard.
Speaker 5: That feels like a chip shot on it. But to see play had a.
Speaker 4: Little a little draw on a little white to let, which is atypical for.
Speaker 5: The hamming straight or a little fade.
Speaker 4: Is that a plant field or just every once in a while gonna.
Speaker 5: Happen, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of those things when you look at when you look at the play, and I think, uh, Tuck could probably answer it's better than better than I can. But uh, for him to miss a ball to his left, uh, maybe you got to maybe a little bit too tight to the ball something like that. But other than that, you know, the kicking part of the game, it's such a technical thing that if you if you plant one way or the other, or you you you may be overswing. Uh, those things won't happen. So that's why that's why the details of kicking, you know, are are very important. That's why they try to be as consistent as they can through each kick.
Speaker 6: Chris, what do you feel like is the biggest adjustment for Jordanstown?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm probably the best game of his career.
Speaker 6: What do you attribute just you know, his him to lately and the form he's shown him?
Speaker 2: You know, Jeff, that's a good question, you know. I think what it comes down to is Jordan's one of those guys. Uh, when we watched him, we we understood what kind of talent he had coming out of coming into the draft and coming out of college. And I think it's just one of those things where he spending all this time with with Randy and with Sam and just being able to be that punter that he was in college. And I think what you guys are seeing is you're seeing the player that we saw.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's gained, he's got he's.
Speaker 2: Gaining a lot of confidence, right and last week, Man, he had a he had a really good game, you know, penning four punts inside the ten, which really flipped the field, had the offense backed up for us. You know, those things are huge, and I think just for him, it's just it's a lot of confidence. He's starting to he's starting to feel it. And then it's just understanding that every rep is going to be different, and because every rep is going to be different, you have to approach him that way, right, each kick is not going to be the same. So you execute, go through your fundamentals, you'll get the results you want. And I think that's what he's doing.
Speaker 1: That was special teams coordinator Chris Horton. We also had a chance to talk with offensive coordinator Todd Munkin. He discussed where the offense is kind of at the midpoint of the season as the Ravens are sitting at six and two right now, what he likes and what he thinks needs to improve over the course of the second half of the season.
Speaker 8: With Odell Packham, you know you've had him in Cleveland, you had him here. How close do you feel like, because he's obviously not hitting the expectation what he wants, how close do you think you guys are to trying to you know, get everything.
Speaker 9: And think with him in the mark, it's always going to be a work in progress, just because he's been in and out of practice, been out of the lineup. You know, you have a limited off season together, so you're constantly trying to work that chemistry. So it doesn't matter who it is. It's you know, Bates beIN out for a little bit and then working back. Say he's a rookie, so you know, the player that's got the most banked reps together, that's continue to practice. You can see because that's that's Mark. You can see that consistently.
Speaker 7: You guys are more on the first down.
Speaker 10: You guys are studying that I've been work compared to what gofense is in the past.
Speaker 7: How do you think that's.
Speaker 10: Allowed Lamar to showcase elements of his game that maybe even get the show to pass most.
Speaker 9: Well, that's more fun when it works, I can tell you that. Other than being second and ten, you know, I don't I don't know that. I don't know in the past what they did per se, I mean and outside of just looking at it, you know, Lamar has been diligent and working in terms of you know, his drop where his eyes are, you know, in terms of the past game, and it shows, you know, it's credit to him and Tea and Carry the guys that work with him, and and our guys, and it's still still got to be more consistent there. There's there's moments where you you really like what we're doing, and there's moments we certainly need to be better.
Speaker 11: When you have a gifted young player like Bateman as a coordinator, what can you do to help him get from a great play every once in a while to sort of pull on breakdown.
Speaker 5: I think with him it's more being healthy, you know.
Speaker 9: I think that's the biggest thing any player, the development well, I shouldn't say it's a player. It's all of us improve with the amount of time we're able to spend on our craft. That's just the way it is. It doesn't matter. The more he's able to get out there and practice and then get in the games, he's able to sustain that, he's only going to continue to get better. That's he's no different than a coach. You know, any job that you've got is just consistently staying healthy. And when he does, you can see that. You can see that on the field.
Speaker 11: Do you have a game plan to get it specifically get a guy more opportunities or is.
Speaker 5: That not really the way you look at it sometimes?
Speaker 9: I mean, sometimes you have in your call sheet like where you think there's opportunities for a player, but sometimes a defense takes that away, you know, other than a screen, you know, other than when you know the ball is going to a specific player. A number of times coverage could dictate that, you know, and then you've got to go somewhere else with the football, and then you know, being able to move players around can help that when you're expecting certain coverages. So that's why it's certainly more advantageous the more weapons that you have, because when the ball finds them, you have more playmakers.
Speaker 5: That's just the way it is.
Speaker 9: It's harder to take certain guys away or at least scheme up where they might be, so you're constantly trying to move guys around when when that's possible, it's not always possible because you've got to practice, got to be able to rep things, to be able to carry it over to games.
Speaker 6: Here, they've more embraced the running back by committee approach.
Speaker 8: Are you partial to that approach as well, or do you like the.
Speaker 7: Idea of kind of one guy getting twenty plus carries or so in that range.
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes I don't even know. I mean, I'll be real honest, Like you, you're subbing guys in and out. You have certain packages that you like guys in the game. Like most teams, certainly, I think with the way the game has gone, I think it's I don't think any team I should not say that.
Speaker 5: I don't know that specifically, but I think if you.
Speaker 9: Look across the league over the last few years, it's it's been more with a lot of teams running back by committee because it's a position of extreme contact, you know, in terms of.
Speaker 5: The volatility of the position.
Speaker 9: So I think you're it's in your best interest to consistently develop and have a number of running backs that can touch the ball and take the load off of just one player.
Speaker 5: Specifically.
Speaker 8: Have you seen because Lamar is kind of he has a unique solid play when you play teams, maybe it's like not outside maybe outside of the divisions that it's there is some of adjustment period for those opposing defenses because.
Speaker 7: They're not used to.
Speaker 8: Kind of, you know, a quarterback kind of like him at.
Speaker 9: All some, But you know, I think over the years there's they're not Lamar, but there's quarterbacks that skill set wise that you know might might resemble that. Like you play the Giants and you're playing Daniel Jones, there's going to be some aspect of his game that they would have to prepare for with his ability with his legs. I think any quarterback when you go against that, it's still how they're gonna play Lamar and the type of plays that you may run can vary.
Speaker 5: But and then he's played for a number of years. You can go.
Speaker 9: Back and see how they thought they would play, or you know, try to scheme up against style of play that you're at and we're a little bit different than they've been in the past, so you know, you try to dissect a little bit early on what you're getting.
Speaker 6: I think Lamar is a more drop eid on Sunday than he probably had an any game this year. And are you grateful without the opportunities and maybe some of ups and down the bad experience and came in to win and Kana loat and.
Speaker 5: Would he kind of take away from sure, No, it's no.
Speaker 9: You certainly what saved us on Sunday was we were outstanding in the red zone. I mean, that's what saved us is that when we got down there, we scored touchdowns. I mean, so with the we had other opportunities, we just we didn't take advantage of them. But when we did get down there, I mean, that's certainly saved us. And certainly we saw a little bit more drop eight than when when what we have seen when we went five man pro that's when it came up you released a back or we went five man protection, So it came up, you know, a couple of handfuls of time, so when we were throwing it. So again, I think any time you're able to see something and still come out of it with a wind, still have some things that you felt like you did well and a lot of things that you certainly can continue to build on.
Speaker 5: The consistency and execution when you.
Speaker 4: Look at you want you want to build kind of each week on something, but felt like a little bit execution wise, a little step back is that part of last week is that relative to you know, four out of five on the road, just that particular scheme or what do you what do you attribute.
Speaker 9: That most of the time it's, uh, there's a combination of that, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know four and a five on the road and the travel and all of that. I don't.
Speaker 9: Did that have anything to do with certain aspects of us not getting lined up, you know, not functioning at a high level at times? No, no, no, but heck no, you know. I mean we went to London and we stayed over there a week. I mean to me, that's that's not the issue. The issue is the consistency, you know. It's the reverse of that is, did you expect against the Lions that everything would go so well at the beginning? Well, of course not, you know, and you're playing against the best players in the world and the best coaches in the world, and they've played better at home. I mean, obviously the Dallas Cowboys are a good team and they beat them at home. So it's those things are a part of it. Certain opportunities that you had that you didn't take advantage of that you certainly could have coached better, certainly could have played better. But luckily, like I said, when we did get down the red zone, we did score touchdowns, which again, when you do that, you really was I wouldn't say it was. There were some similarities to that game in the in the Cincinnati game in some ways where the opportunities that we get we did get we score touchdowns.
Speaker 5: That gives you a chance.
Speaker 9: Then you're in the twenties, twenty eight, you're close to thirty. You know you're you're at least gonna put don't score touchdowns. It doesn't nearly fear feel as well. So that's that's the biggest part of it. Is when you are a little bit choppy and you're not taking advantage of some opportunities that that you had, then you better score touchdowns.
Speaker 7: I think there's a.
Speaker 6: Lot of excitement over what this offense would look like, this rushing offense would look like.
Speaker 7: When you guys spread teams out.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, when the love of personnel, you guys are much more passing client than running client. I know some of that's probably situational, but I guess what kind of has gone into the decision making.
Speaker 5: Process of you know, that's what personnel does that you know some of it is you know who you have in the game.
Speaker 9: You know, whether it's utilizing pat ricard, utilizing your tight ends, the run game that you can have when you're in you know, spread out personnel, how much you want to run lamar. I mean that that becomes part of that. As you continue to build and try to scheme other defenses, certain teams give you different fronts that might not be you know, as much of an advantage to be in the spread set. So we certainly are trying to be, you know, as best as we can be, as balanced as we can per personal set. But it doesn't always work out that way. But that's a good point, I mean, in terms of being spread and being able to still be able to run it for sure in your.
Speaker 10: Experience, does being a first year play color? Is that different from maybe if you're at a place where they're a fourth year, where maybe you're adding layers in the offense rather than figuring out what you're good at holding on that.
Speaker 9: Say last team, Oh, I think for sure, And I wouldn't I wouldn't say, I wouldn't even say play color as much as our first year together. And you don't want that to be an excuse, because there are none. Right, We're already into playing eight games, and I do think we're starting to play better. There's a lot of things we can improve on. But over the last few weeks we've moved the ballmork consistently. I like where we're headed again, We're not there yet. We need to get there. That's part of what you do. But as a new staff players system, you're always, even two or three years from now, will be still right striving to be lead and everything we do right, how we meet, how we teach, the notes we take, how we practice, how we take care of our bodies right, how we carry that over to the field, how we get lined up right, how we execute a high level. All those things are a big part of that that falls under that umbrella. And no one really, to be honest, I mean they really don't, and we shouldn't.
Speaker 5: We don't care.
Speaker 9: I mean, ultimately, it's what you show on Sunday that matters. That's what we're paid to do, and that's what we're always striving to do, is to have a high level of high level of execution, and it starts with how we gain planet prepared during the week and then execute against the best in the world because they're paid to do everything to stop us. That's the one thing that I think we forget at times is that we've got good players and coaches too, and then how are we going to do it better? Text you to the high level, especially the most critical situations in the game.
Speaker 12: Overall the way games are you pretty pleased with how you guys have run the ball overall? And you know sometimes the running game late the season takes all more me and a just do you feel as another level to get to or I.
Speaker 5: Just will I was pleased.
Speaker 9: I have been relatively pleased in terms of how we've run the football. Certain times we could be better. We certainly Sunday felt better. We ran the ball better in the second half, called it better in.
Speaker 5: The second half.
Speaker 9: We had a few more RPOs early in the game that got thrown when we had opportunities to run it, and that really you know when it the drive that got it to twenty four and the drive that got it to thirty one. Really, if you said throughout the game outside of the first time we scored, made you feel good about we wanted to end the game on our terms and we didn't end it then. But the last time we got in the field and we're able to run the football, and I like the way we scheme it. I like our guys. I think we are certainly capable of that and we need to continue that. I mean, you can't control the game if you can't run the football. I mean if you just can't, you can't control the game. Your play action games, not not at speed, your short yardage, your goal line. We've been good in the red zone because we've been able to run it. I mean that's a fact. I mean when we've been able to run it, well, we've scored running the football and that adds to a lot of areas short yardage, converting third downs, if you get into four minute.
Speaker 5: Right goal line, red zone.
Speaker 9: Those are all things that lead into situational football that helps you win and it gives your defense a blow. You're able to take time off the clock. And like I said, everything starts with that, and Lamar is a part of that. Whether it's schemed up or he takes off and runs that ends up on rushing yards.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: So he is certainly even though we haven't used him as much.
Speaker 9: Maybe in the quarterback driven stuff, his ability to get outside the pocket and run or even on short gartage has added to that.
Speaker 1: That was oc Todd walkin. We also talk with defensive coordinator Mike McDonald, who discussed the upcoming matchup against the Seattle offense that features some big time wide receivers.
Speaker 13: All right, good to see everybody. I thought we'd be outside today, but.
Speaker 7: Here we are. What do you got?
Speaker 14: You guys are going to playing the Lions offense, the Cardinals offense, which is a little more spread out RPO's college style, almost back to playing Seattle, which then they're more like zone running, not necessarily like Detroit. Is that why you tend to have a defense?
Speaker 7: I can kind of shape shift every week and you guys, you guys play a bunch of different coveries, a bunch of different fronts.
Speaker 6: Is that the idea behind that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I definitely think that goes goes into you know, how we set up a game plan for sure, as you're always watching it through the lens of what you feel like their offense does really well, and then what puts you in a.
Speaker 13: Position to stop those types of plays.
Speaker 15: So I think that, you know, just goes back to how you how you build it from the get going, how you practiced it in the off season. So when you you know, when you do some different offenses throughout the year, you feel feel like you're well equipped to do things that the guys know how to do, and h can tailor it to that team.
Speaker 11: Like I know, Uh, Michael Pierce deservedly got a lot of attention on Sunday. But Travis Jones, do you lee You're seeing him put his imprint on games much more consistently than he did as a rookie.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Travis has improved a lot.
Speaker 15: It's always been a You've always seen it on tape, and it's become more consistent, you know, as we go, and the challenge is just keep on putting together in consistency.
Speaker 13: But uh, he's he's doing a great job.
Speaker 15: He's doing a great job with him and uh, like you said, i mean, Pierce just had it a really really great i mean just dominated the game. And uh, but Trav's right there right behind him, and and he's on his way Like.
Speaker 16: Not many players go from running back to cornerback like Brandon Stevens has over his career. You know, just how high level is he playing at right now? And what do you think he's done that's enabled him to make that transition.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm I'm really excited for be Steve.
Speaker 15: I mean, he's, uh, he's putting in a lot of work, and he's been moved around a lot, and it's been it's great to find him a home of where he can feel like he can dedicate, you know, his craft and his skills.
Speaker 13: Got an awesome skill set. We've always done that about him.
Speaker 15: But it's not easy moving around, especially I mean just going from the beginning of his football career, you know, and then all of a sudden you're you know, in the NFL and you're asked to play defensive back. Then there's a lot of stuff going on back there, and he's handled it and tremendously, So definitely shout out to him, Shout out to the coaches for getting him ready to roll, but putting a ton of work, does it every day. I mean, it seems like everyone you ask me about every week the common denominator is their daily approach. And he's right there with the rest of those guys. So, you know, excited for him obviously. You know we're halfway through the years, so there's a lot of work to be done, but he's on his way for sure.
Speaker 16: In your opinion, is cornerback is forever whom at this point is he's kind of proving it.
Speaker 15: I get I mean it's hard for you know, me, it's hard for me to you know, go jumping headfirst on that one.
Speaker 13: But there's probably a pretty good chance that he's going to stay there.
Speaker 7: Do you like players that have that?
Speaker 6: You've mentioned the challenges of it, but then you kind of think about global understanding of the game that helps players in a big picture since.
Speaker 15: When yeah, I moved around, Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, I mean you think about guys that used to play quarterback and how they see the field and things like that. Absolutely, I'm sure you understanding you know, distributions and stems and things like that from a safety perspective. Absolutely, I'm sure.
Speaker 13: I'm sure he'd tell you that that would be helpful.
Speaker 6: I think when Wink was here, you mean, he would talk about how, in a lot of ways, basketball kind of informed the way you thought about interchangeability on defense. I mean, did any of that kind of wrap off on YouTube? Was like wanting guys to be able to kind of guard one through five and basketball parlance.
Speaker 15: I don't remember him saying anything about basketball. I understand the spirit of the question. I'm just I'm messing with you, But yeah, I think, you know, we talk about interchangeable parts a lot.
Speaker 13: I think those are things that.
Speaker 15: Go great when you're in the off season and you can start moving things around. Obviously as you get into the season, you know, I think having consistency and you know, from a week to week basis, so guys are used to playing next to one another is important, so you don't want to move it too much. But having the ability to do that, especially when guys go down or different matchups and things like that.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, I think that's really important.
Speaker 15: And you know how you know, Eric and Harves have built the roster to you know, to generate those different types of skill sets. Definitely gives us flexibility on a week to week basis, Like you think.
Speaker 16: That Marcus returning to the practice field. A question that everybody's asking this week is goat the interceptions leader in genostone. You have Marcus returning. Does your use of three safeties last year and even this year, does that make it a lot easier? Say, hey, we've got a lot of good players here that.
Speaker 13: We can get in their snaps for Yeah.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, it's a great problem to have to find you know, where to put great players.
Speaker 13: So I think we mentioned it last week.
Speaker 15: You know, you'll start to see some guys moving around probably and you know, again alluding to the to the matchups and things like that. You know, those are definitely things we're considering for sure.
Speaker 6: How much does not a Deka's emergence as a pass prushuer just make make it more stressful for the offense defensive line, so to worry about what you guys do before U snap. Just now there's something to worry about inside outside slot wherever.
Speaker 15: It's great, I mean, it's awesome, he's you know, when the closer I think Gadaf said it last last year, just happens faster, you know, and you can make the you can get you know, affect the quarterback quicker in there. So definitely there's a time element for sure. And you know, I just it's a it's a tef you if the guys outside of where beaks of lines can't do the things that they're doing, it doesn't allow him to give have those opportunities and vice versa.
Speaker 13: If Justin's not playing at the level he is.
Speaker 15: Then that doesn't free up the single blocks you know, on how we scheme up the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 13: So it all works hand to hand.
Speaker 15: But having an asset like that and a guy playing at that level is especially inside where it gets to the quarterback quicker definitely makes it is a big, big difference make for us.
Speaker 11: You guys have traditionally rotated like a lot on the interior, less so.
Speaker 5: With the starters in the secondary.
Speaker 11: With the secondary guys, is there are a worry that you lose something in communication if you're rotating guys in constantly or kind of what's what's the reason for you do it a lot with one group and not with another.
Speaker 15: Well, I think with the guys up front, to your point, I don't think that having the the consistency from week to week and from play to play necessarily is important as a little les communication Going back there obviously a lot less space, and we have a lot of guys that we want to keep going and you want us to keep them fresh throughout the game as well. So there's some things going on with that and the back end. You know, we're definitely open to playing multiple eyes. I think the ways that are who's been available and when has definitely factored into how we've played the guys back there, And you know, I think it's a tribute to Brandon and when and when Marlin's coming back. You know, they playing at a level where you really don't want to take them off the field. So you know, multiple things to that To answer your question, like, I know he's still.
Speaker 6: Dealing with the ankle a little bit, has been on and off those field, But what.
Speaker 10: Do you see it from Olway since coming back from you know, missing about a month.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, I know's he's battled, he's battled back to get back there, but you know, you don't see a drop off from when he came back. I mean, you're seeing the explosiveness, you know, having the sack the one game and really just I say it every time, but you know, if he gets a great get off and he gets his feet in the ground, he's a hard tut and he's a hard guy of block man and skill sets there and it's just about doing it over and over again. And I think, you know, as he gets the more opportunities, I think you'll see those, you know, his productions continue to spike.
Speaker 1: That was defensive coordinator Mike McDonald, And in the locker room we also talk with some of the players, including veteran wide receiver Odell Beckham Junior. Now the start of the season has been a little slow out of the.
Speaker 13: Gate for Odell.
Speaker 1: He talked about that, how he's handled that mentally, and also what he expects over the course of the rest of this season.
Speaker 6: Eight weeks in the season, How would you just describe your season?
Speaker 7: So fart at this point obviously don't not where I wanna be.
Speaker 17: But when I signed the hair shit, I wanna come here, win the Super Bowl and win and we're six and two and on the way to that.
Speaker 7: So you gotta keep going long season.
Speaker 15: But you say you're not real What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know how.
Speaker 7: To explain it. Just I got higher expectations, high standards.
Speaker 17: But ultimately there's a team game, and you know, a receiver is as much as a bad rappers. Receivers get the actually the most self list.
Speaker 7: People on the field.
Speaker 17: You know, you gotta wait for the offensive line, the block. You gotta wait for a pass play to be called. You gotta wait for blitzes to be picked up. You gotta wait for, uh, you know, a good ball to be thrown off of just one opportunity in the game. So uh, you know, I think a lot of receivers get a bad rap for wanting the ball. But you know, sixty players out of a game.
Speaker 7: And you're running around all sixty you know it it it's it's not the easiest a position.
Speaker 18: So if it don't look like you were a little frustrated all after that second PI, is that just the product that you're just talking about.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, we're six and two. We keep it pushing and keep it rolling.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 17: I didn't come here with the expectations that I'd be going for two thousand yards.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 17: You know, we're trying to win the Super Bowl. So it is what it is at this point. Uh, just walking that fine line of being grateful to be back on the field, but m definitely not being content with uh you know where I'm at or or how I feel internally about what's going on.
Speaker 7: So she gotta keep pushing.
Speaker 12: How do you know?
Speaker 1: That's a job on a number of those guys this year, including UH on Sunday. I mean, I obviously, who's do you take pride in those? Do you not?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 17: I wish it the numbers went to the to the stats, but they don't. So yeah, I mean it's good for us. We keep it moving, keep the chains going and get a new set of downs and then.
Speaker 7: Uh go from earth.
Speaker 16: Why do you think you're getting held so much?
Speaker 1: And what do you do about it?
Speaker 7: Love it?
Speaker 17: Man, Just get over and catch the ball. That's all I can do, and just do a better job at that.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like you're getting close though, to coming having that breakout?
Speaker 7: We are? So.
Speaker 17: Uh, it was very hard early in the season with you know, what I had going on, just kind of unexpectedly, and it just was very hard to have that initial burst, you know. And this is a national football league. Everybody's good, everybody's skilled, everybody's there's.
Speaker 7: A reason they're here.
Speaker 17: And when you go out there and you don't feel like you're you know, a hundred, it's very hard, you know, with with the things that are going on, Uh, just to be who I know I am.
Speaker 7: So it feels good to just be able to consistently, you know, over time it gets better and better and better. And again it's a long season, you know, it's what nine games left?
Speaker 17: Uh god willing you know ten uh at least, so, uh, you just gotta prepare for that.
Speaker 7: How do you feel healthwise to that pass? How do you feel like your body is held out.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 17: I mean, like like I said, early in the season, it was tough. Uh with what I had going on. You just kind of gotta push through and uh, you know, find ways for us to all work together.
Speaker 7: And you know, you need a day here, you need a day there. Then that's what it is. You know, we're we're here to play on Sundays. You just gotta do your best reward for that.
Speaker 17: So definitely feeling better, definitely, you know, I I think people tend to forget, you know, a new coordinator comes in, the new offense, new players, everything is you know, all new teams usually around this time of the year, start to really know exactly.
Speaker 7: Who they are. They find their groove, they find the players that.
Speaker 17: Work for them, they find out what they're gonna use going forward into the big games. What is it that you know, it's kind of like trialing error early on in the season, and it's been a great trialing error for us, you know, And I still think that, I still think that there's only been a few games for we really put it all together. Other than that, just just been finding ways to win, being a resilient team, next man stepping up, and uh, I it's just a big testament to this team that.
Speaker 16: Up you think that all is it a difficult considering you know, you had the year away, you came, you had a great training camp, everything was really great, and then for it to not you know, get the the initial results a n great away that that's another been another hurdle, that's been tough.
Speaker 17: Uh. I mean yea, if you want me to answer honestly, of course, like you you you wanna come here and jump off the bat. You know, you feel like you've worked hard, you said out a long time. But again, I don't think many of us are sitting around in our lives and expected to be exactly where we're at and things to go exactly how they went. And you know, it's just it's a matter of understanding life is life, and it's gonna continue to do that. It doesn't stop, it's gonna keep rolling. It's like surfing. You know, some waves you crash, some waves you ride all the way in. You just gotta get back up on the board. Continue to do that, stay resilient, and and that's really that. You know, Other than that, you can only control you know, your emotion's energy. You know, you can't control what what God has played for you. He's he's bigger than all of us. So just gotta stay in the light six and two, like you know, at the top of the league. And this is a team in here that's like I said earlier, I feel like we haven't put it all together and lost two games that we feel like we shouldn't have lost and it would be eight and oh. And I still don't know if everyone in here would be content with what we have going on. So that's a great characteristic of this team that we have. You know, nobody's content or happy with you know, where we're at, like we're always searching for more. And that's you know, that's a big quality.
Speaker 18: Get at what ye'll just in terms of the the process of communication and chemistry with Lamar, where do you feel like you're at with that? Is that still one of those work in progress things or is it you know, where where do you kind of feel like you're at?
Speaker 17: I guess I mean again, it's just if I mean, I can count on two hands how many people in this locker room you need to get the ball.
Speaker 7: One of them needs to get to his locker right now.
Speaker 17: There's there's a lot of guys like, you know, there's only one football.
Speaker 7: There's seven eight.
Speaker 17: Guys that are that are looking to get it, and we're all hungry and we're all you know, happy.
Speaker 7: For each other when the next man gives it.
Speaker 17: So it's just all the processes again, like I said, you're trying to figure out exactly what stuff's gonna work for you going forward. You know, like I said, I didn't sign your thinking that I was gonna be a you know it clips in two thousand yards and or having a thousand yards in week eight.
Speaker 7: I think there's only one that you will to receive what you do. So it's just it's just.
Speaker 17: About finding ways to win at this point, honestly, you know, trying to get rings on your finger like that's that's that's a lot of fun, I can tell you that much.
Speaker 7: So that's the goal.
Speaker 1: That was wide receiver Odell Beckham Junior. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Also make sure you're head over to the Lounge podcast feed. We sat down with tight end Mark Andrews. Really interesting interview with him talking about his success and his mindset, his approach, how he looks at the game. Just really interesting stuff from Mark so go ahead over to the Lounge podcast feed and check that out. You can also watch that video interview as well on our YouTube channel. Make sure you leave a rating in a review here on this feed and the Lounge feed as well, and hit that subscribe button if you haven't done so already. Thanks for listening. We'll talk with you again tomorrow