Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hell on, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to a very special Black Friday edition of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite own Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: He is eighty five, Liberty City's own being, the Ring of Fame honoree, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro. Yes, that is all. That's o cho, guys. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that like button. Hopefully you had a very good Festive Thanksgiving. You around family, friends and loved ones. You're still celebrating. Nobody's left town yet. I don't think you're probably gonna start leaving trickling out Saturday or Sunday but while you're around having them, pull up a chair and listen to Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Make sure you hit that like button and go subscribe to the night Cap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And we want to personally thank you again for sharing the better part of twenty four, twenty three and twenty four with us. We've been able to grow so much and it's all because of you. It's all because of your eyes and your ears, and we want to thank you again. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have an abundance in the stock and if you can't find it in a city or a state near you, just ordered from the site. We want to make sure you have a very festive and joyous holidays. What better way to do that than with a bot of Shave by Lapotier. And do me another favor, please drink responsibly. Make sure you go to my media company page on all of its platforms that shade Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had our our newest release. It dropped today and due to the high demand, you crash the site. But the glitch has been fixed and the thing is up and good to go now, so please make sure you take advantage of that. Items are up to fifty percent off. Shirts are twenty dollars off. Hoodies are forty dollars off. All cheese and hoodies are back in stock. Nightcap Club, shave shade eighty four and everything is in stock again.
Speaker 2: Everything is in stock now.
Speaker 1: We also have some stocking stuff with beanies and you know what, we got mugs too or the and we got muggs O Joe, and we got sleeves that you can put your beverage in. We're keep it nicely cool, right, go ahead of.
Speaker 4: But litten, listen that little set that little sweats who said, I don't know if that's white or cream? And you know we got the black set with the sweats and the hoodie. Yeah you noticed I didn't have them the same outfit the past four shows. You don't even notice. I ain't even change yet because I'm waiting on my package to get here. I'm waiting on my package. The funny thing I saw today, I retweeted. I'm like, oh, shoot, you know it was. It surprised me. That's how Roy looks. So I'm not changing clothes. So chat when y'all see me on the show and I still have on the same gray hoodie saying grey. Just no, I'm not changing clothes until my package get here.
Speaker 1: Well, just so you know, O Joe, I don't know if you thought that maybe I have some inside knowledge that you don't. I don't. This was the first time that I saw when it popped up on my.
Speaker 4: Like, oh okay oka O care I thought I don't.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. I asked told me last night stuff was dropping. I didn't know what was actually dropping. But like you, I like, I like what I'm seeing. A who you telling? So I desired that Austin is doing an unbelievable job. Hey, shout out to you, Austin. Appreciate that bro qualities are limited, O yo, so make sure you grab your wild supplies last. We do have beanies, coozies and mugs. Wow COOZI great? O Yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Talk to me now, talk to me, take your time.
Speaker 1: They must be there must be like a million cats in Kansas City. Ain't no way a team can be this lucky. Oh no, O Joe, Ain't no way a team could be this luck O Yo, Hey, look, I played fourteen years, O Joe, I ain't never had this. Look this much luck in fourteen years set along one season. So the Chiefs escaped Black another Black Friday game with the win over the Raiders nineteen seventeen. The misstime snapped by Las Vegas rookie center Jackson Power Johnson with just seconds left denied the Raiders an opportunity to kick a field goal, a potential game winning field goal, Ojo. He clapped his hand. But what he did he paused because he saw the receivers weren't set. But that's not what the left. The guard, the right guard that's looking back at he claps his hand. The guard, Hey, the guard flash.
Speaker 2: The center don't know.
Speaker 1: That you fall. You don't know anything about that. He's trusting you, and he's trusting his guard. The guard wipes his hand down. That lets the certain know. The quarterback is ready for the ball. Yeah, he snapped it. Connelly's looking outside like, damn, they're not sick. Ball hits him in the chest, gets kicked, and uh, the chief pounce on it and they win the game. You know, a couple of weeks ago against the Broncos, potential kick, blocked the kick.
Speaker 2: They blocked the kick. Oh ahead, I don't you know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it is, and when you say you don't know if it's luck, this is something that's been going on for the Chiefs like the past three years. If you understand now, if you pay attention, I don't know. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I don't want to sit there and say the rest is on it on their side, but if luck has anything to do with anything, they are the team that are being blessed by the football guys to be on the receiving end of it, game after game, at the game, at the game, at the game, every time, for some reason, everything seems to go in their favor. Now I'm not saying Peyton, I'm not saying the rest on their side, but somebody has favor for the Chiefs in some of these very very close games. And they always listen the game again, once again boring from quarter one to quarter three, but long behold, the fourth quarter gets here and everything gets exciting.
Speaker 2: It does, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that if Patrick Mahomes was doing this, it's like defensively they block a kid, the center snapped the ball and the quarterback isn't ready to hits him in the chest. And because we've seen guys, we saw Lamar Jackson get one. He bobbled, he reached down with one hand, pick it up, scramble and touchdown. This ball hits him in the chest and cams one way and the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs jump on it.
Speaker 4: In the game, everything seems to go their way. I'm not sure what it is. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: And you look at it an o'conmons twenty three or thirty five, three forty two touchdown. They ran the ball twenty five times one hundred and sixteen yards, so they run. They ran the ball for four and a half yards of carry. They did they made they weighed one mistake and when they made the mistake. That's why we always say, oh Joe, mistakes, turnovers aren't all equal. If you make that mistake in the first quarter, you still have three and a half quarters to overcome that. You make that mistake. At that point in the game, it's over. It's over. There is no coming back. You have no timeouts. There's only twenty seconds on the clock. So even if you do have I don't you have to have all three of your time out and to hope that you know, you can force a punt and get the ball back with what fifteen seconds on the clock, maybe ten seconds. You can't do none of that. You're not gonna be able to do anything with that. But the Chiefs. And I thought again, I say, man a ap about to hey, about to get make sure he get another Caizon, because similarly he can only beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: And he was about to pull it off again.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe be about to reach it to the bag pull out another A damn Black Friday shopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going I'm going chief shop.
Speaker 4: Right, It's something about not only I don't want to say Black Friday. Anytime you play at divisional opponent and you know them well, you know you have to play the Chiefs. You know they know each other well, you know your Tennessee's, you know what you like to do on down in distance. Obviously you're gonna have some some I call it salad dressing or some different plays. You know, a twinkle here, a twist there. But most of the time everything is really the same, and you know it's used to it. I mean, the latest defense is used to it. The Coasters are used to it, and that's why these games are so close when it comes to the vision, you know, the playing division opponents. But that's about the Rams. The damn Chiefs this year really haven't been the Chiefs of Oh anyway. They're not blowing people out. They're not up thirty five forty a game like that. Offense used to do.
Speaker 2: That we're used to seeing.
Speaker 1: And even in the years, even when they lost Tyreek, they were still more consistent. This is what they've been over the last couple of years now. They did have some costly drops. They had a key third down drop on third down by the hot Travis is still trying to like he's cressing if that's what that is, though, Joe, when you don't get the ball where you're not putting up the numbers that you want to you want to make every player he wants to Hey, he wants to turn and go go. Yeah, you're taking your eyes off the ball and it's a drop. And that's really hurting them because now instead of being maybe second and five or third and five, now it's second and chance, it's.
Speaker 2: Third and team.
Speaker 4: And but the biggest thing is the offensive line on Joe. They can't protect it hold on left tackle and right tackle. I'm not sure who they are or where they're from. There needs to play in that area. If you're serious about going further, you know, and the competing for that chip, you gotta think the team you're gonna play coming up, especially in the playoffs, it's a bunch of It's a bunch of MATC. Crosby's not literally Mac Crobby. I'm just saying those type of players that that caliber defensive end. Maybe not him, but just as good. And that's across the board. Once he gets the playoffs, we ain't nothing a bunch of animals.
Speaker 1: But the quarterbacks. Every quarterback that's gonna potenially place better than Aid and O'Connell. Most of these guys, with the exception of Rock Bowls that Brock Bibles. We're gonna talk about him Ojo He I'm not so sure he not he a top five tight end and I'm not so sure he two three four five either. I'm just saying, I mean, hey, he beating he beaten all pro corners. Oh yeah, he ain't just beating up on linebackers. He ain't just beating up on safety send me your best, let me show you, and I'm gonna put him to the test. But we're talking about him in a minute, Ojo. What concerns me about the Chiefs is that still their red zone offense and their inability to consistently protect Patice Mahomes. M h. Because here's the thing. When you keep playing these one possession games. Now that one possession game, come playoff time and it goes the other way.
Speaker 2: What happens, Ojoe? You going home?
Speaker 1: Going home?
Speaker 2: You're going home.
Speaker 1: You playing with fire because you keep leaving these teams in there. You had them sixteen to three, you didn't score a touchdown. You've got to put teams away. You got to put separation between you and these teams, or you're asking for trouble late in the ball game and they don't have. Oh it's like worrybi bro. That's cover zero. Once you release inside, get starting to get back. Why so, Patrick Mahome, he throwing the ball to the middle. He's not throwing you to the corner. But that's cover zero. That's something that you know, hey, Patrick, you and Andy Y're gonna have to have a conversation with it so that they let you inside wind it up because I'm gonna throw you up the field because there's a chance. Hey, what if we had to go on the other side. Oh, Joe, now you're running. You y'all gonna intersect at the point. No, if there's nobody in the middle of the field, trav once you once you guild out, so once you get around the guy, you can't go to bend it to the middle. They up the fielding zero, there's no one there. Why would you run back? Yeah, it's it's your simple John and I have a simple philosophy, he said. He said, t if they come with the bomb, wherever you release, stay there. If I release, why don't Joe I stayed there there? Once I got outside, I'm going straight in the field. I'm not bending it. I'm gonna let him bend me with the bomb because once he released it, O Joe, it ain't knowing he could like, okay, I'm gonna steer it over here. Once he released it, it's gone. Yeah, people, I can move. You can be don't Joe? You release outside? You see the ball over there like a baseball, Thank you, thank you. But I'm I'm surprised that at this juncture with the relationship that trave and and and Mahon boy have that got away from them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I really don't know why. Why would why would Trav try to bend it like that? I would have just kept it straight up the field. I mean, that's what I would have done.
Speaker 4: I think between trap and in this, in this quarterback and my homes, they've been off script for so long all year yo, that for so long that this is one of the few times that we've seen them off, you know, And I don't know, just for some something is off for the Chiefs, and it's been off for them all season long, something off of them all season alone, but for some reason and the most opportune times, past home does always come through. But as you get as you get to play better teams, especially once you get to the playoffs, you're not going to be able to get away with most of this. And if you do get away with most of this, you know what, the people and the people in Stripe are gonna have to help you. Yeah, and I at listen, I hate to say that, but people and stripes are going they're going to have to help you, and they you know what, I would like to think they bailed them out of some games.
Speaker 1: Many of times I look at it like, but see, here's the thing. It's like people say, well, they got built out against Philly Bradford the fourth told you he held a guy. So you you the guy told you, yeah, I held him. I was beat because what happened, Juju, was about the option away from him. He grabbed it. So you don't want him to throw a flag in that situation, even though it will warrant it a penalty. We saw against Kansas City the guy ran up his back. That was a penalty. So you don't want to call it, because man, how can you call a file in that situation?
Speaker 4: Easy passed the affair of the bangles pasting the affairce yef I, oh, Joe, your guy ran up in his back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so that's what I got confused at basketball. Well, you know, you know you gotta swallow your whistle there. Why, So let me ask your question. If he had done that in the first quarter, is it a flag. Yeah, but so we ain't gonna call it because your teeth. So let me ask your question. If we flipped it and the Kansas City guy had tugged the Eagles guy, and they were down. Are you okay with them swallowing the whistle there? No? You know, if that's Kansas City, have an excuse me. If that's Cincinnati and one of the Bengals players and one of the Chiefs players run up the Bengals players.
Speaker 2: Back, you're okay with them? Now?
Speaker 1: Oh, of course not. All I'm saying is ojo as I get it at the time of the game.
Speaker 2: But a penalty is a penalty.
Speaker 1: If you look at the rule book, it doesn't say, well, if it's laid the ball game, don't throw a flag. If if you jump off sides, ojoe, if you jump off sides with a minute to go in the game, they're gonna throw a flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It is the funny thing about it is when you watch the game of football as much as you know, you know, you can throw a flag on every single play, yes, especially you know, especially an interior with them boys battling, battling, going, going out with it. And that's the funny thing when it comes to when throwing flags, don't allow the referee. I don't want the referee to determine the outcome of a game.
Speaker 1: Between you yep, begging the fourteen point lead. Would a minute to go there? You go, yeah, because if it's a field if it's a one point game or field goal game, or you need to touch the team either touch down the beacher. Now you open your subject to yourself. Because here's the thing, O Joe. Think about what Bradford did to peel me. If he wide open, all the guy see is juju jersey tug the back judge. Look you they got a side judge and look it how they miss it? The same thing when when the Bengals got ran up in the back. There's the back judge, there's the side judge. If yeah, you and hold it and and uh and the interior lined. But it's a lot more confined, O joe. Now, sometimes you have the referee that's looking. He's looking at the quarterback. Then you have the umpire and he's watching. Okay, did anybody hold anybody, chop block anybody? Ill? Illegal use of the hand. But you have to be scanning. I mean you gotta be like, okay, ball snapped. Okay, let me make sure make sure that nobody jump off sudden. Ain't nobody illegal procedure or anything like that. So I gotta watch for a lot of stuff. But when you in the open field, O Joe. It's like, that's why a lot of times people can commit robberies at night. It's dark, it's easy to get away, it's hard to be seen, don't Joe. So now I ain't really trying to rob the wrong daylight, right, I'm not trying to rob anything anyway. But I'm just saying, when you in the open field, it's just you and the receiver. Yeah, they can see that a little bit more, and so you have to be careful of that. But I'm not one of these guys, Oh swallow your whistle, No, you pass it. So if that's the case, won't yo, I'll just go wait till late in the ball game, and I'm gonna hold it.
Speaker 2: Is shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a file is shot of you, because hey, I know you're gonna hold you. You're not gonna call it or it don't operate like that, you know you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't be belligerent with the goddamn hole and call or passing aperience, whether it be offensive or defensive. I just think to me, in certain situations, referees, referees need to hold their whistle, so they don't determine the outcome of a game. Mistakes will happen. Now if it's if it's blatant, a blatant hole where you disrupt the timing of a player, you impede a receiver trying to you know, get to a.
Speaker 1: Ball like Bradford did. Juju? Yeah, like like that. That's blazant blazing your guy. I don't know who your guy was that right up the back that ran up the back of Kansas City. Now that's that was a little ify. That was a little isfu. Would you stop that? Listen to got he jumped over the top of it, the guy trying to catch the ball like this, Yeah, he listened.
Speaker 4: And just the fact that the Bengals player in that instance has it right for the ball as well.
Speaker 1: He has a right for you as it right for the ball as well. So but you can't go through the guy to get the ball. You have it right like let's get say, for the sake of argument, if I'm coming like you coming like this here, and I'm coming from the side and I do like this here and our bodies make contact, yes, but I can't go through you to have to try to to try to have an opportunity that the same ability to get to the ball as you. I can't go through you, yeah, I mean, and so that's what we always say, Hey son, get big, yeah, boxing ass, Hey make it. If you're gonna make a play, come through me. That's what you do. You see the ball underthrown, the DV just running. What you do stop let him run up your back? Yeah yeah? Well hey, ruep, I gotta write to the ball too. Yeah, but you can't run over back to get it. That's the tricks of the trade. But look, the Raiders had him dead to right. The Raiders had him dead to right. O'Connell had gotten hot. I was surprised that the Chiefs didn't go for it on fourth down, considering the defense had given up two touchdowns quick. I'm talking about boom boom boom. I mean, the Raiders were methodically going down the field. O'Connell had gotten the rhythm. Rock Biles was lighting people up, Jacoby Miles was playing really well. Tucker had just got the fifty eight yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: I was surprised.
Speaker 1: And if you're seeing OJO teams, now we saw last week what Carolina do we saw the week before when the Buffalo do and I said this, what happens when that defense is a lights out? Now you're gonna mess around Baltimore. D offense is better than the Raiders. Buffalo's offense is better than the Raiders. There are a lot of teams the offense is better than the Raiders. If this defense doesn't play like it played from Week five of twenty twenty two all the way through and then the first part of this season, right then, what happens considering we've seen this offense really having gotten it together this entire season on Joe.
Speaker 2: You know what you're asking for trouble?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's funny the fact that you just said that. Think about this. The offense hasn't gotten it together all this season, right, Patrick Mhill, Patrick Mahomes, hasn't played as well as we'd like them to accept in actual specific times when they need it.
Speaker 1: Yes, what happens when they do?
Speaker 4: What if they do get it together the playoff time? What if they get it together, if they find it decide all of a sudden, you know what, it's playoff time. We're finna played these last four games and take it to the chip in New Orleans and take it on home. What if they playing possum?
Speaker 1: You know what's happening because the pressure is getting Mahomes. He doesn't feel comfortable setting his feet, and he's missing throws that he would normally make.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see how he got up and stay on the ball and say, hey, what y'all gonna do? Y'all would just let the left tackle just get beat the whole game? Are y'all gonna give me any opportunity to throw this football? Because you got Crosby on one side and they put the guy on the other side, and it's like his interior Humphrey Tuning and Smith. They've got to be sensational because every time the d n are forcing him to step up, and if you notice once he doing every time he steps up, he'd having to jump to throw the ball because he's got to get it over the play in the middle his face every time, Yes, every time he's under That's what concerns me the most is that if the defense doesn't get back to what they were because the offensive line the tackles and not the offensive like the mainly being ted being dire lined. Is the tackles are so poorous boy, oh show you boy, you ask it, You asking for it, bro, And I just hate because I understand, we understand the finality of a one game of of a one game, one game. It ain't no best two out of three. It ain't no four out of seven like like basket, like basketball and baseball. The difference here, say, there's nothing like a game seven. Everybody said, there's nothing like a game seven in hockey, Game seven in basketball, game seven in baseball. Every game in the playoffs in the NFL is a game seven. That's all we play our game seven. There is no oh oh, we got them figured out, we know what to do. We'll make a few adjustments. Well, you better make it next year in O t A. That's the only time that is gonna matter. Every game it's a game seven. Got to be your best that day.
Speaker 4: If you do know if and is a busted body, because if you're not, we'll see you in Cancun.
Speaker 1: Oh, y'all, are the Chiefs the worst eleven and one team that you've seen?
Speaker 4: Oh man, are the Chiefs the worst of the eleven one team that we've seen. I say yes, I say yes. But it's one thing about reaching the super Bowl. It's one thing about reaching the playoffs. You know what, it's fifty percent skill coaching and having the players, and it's fifty percent luck. And luck has been on that side. Luck has been on that side. On the opposing side of that fifty is also having Patrick Mahomes with the ham Whereas some situations he's been the reason why you're winning those games because well, for sure, because it's his decision making in the most important times in the games. You know, you put another quarterback back there.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think outside of the games ennying with block field goals or field goals attempt to win a game, I don't think their record is still the same and there's a different quarterback back there.
Speaker 1: No, I think, And also to echo what you just said, O Joe, is that he's great when he has to be great. You look at that Philly game in the second half, they're down, they go touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, field goal. If he at any point in time he doesn't score, they're not beating Philly. If you look at San Francisco, san Francisco kicks the field goal. Now that was done on San Francisco. I don't know why they would take the ball in a situation why they took the ball. But it's like, oh, we just figured no, bro, it doesn't work like that. So now you let the opposing team see what you what they need? They going for it on fourth down. You just gave them an extra down everything every once, every possession. So now it ain't no third down. There's no such thing if a third down, because everything is fourth down because I'm going for it. I'm going for because I know I need to. There's no choice. Ain't got no choice, but you let me see what I needed. But when he has to be great, he's great every time. But oh yo, another five sacks from the Raiders. They got five last week against against Carolina. And look, Carolina is playing better, but Carolina ain't gonna be nowhere near the playoffs. O yo, And think about it. And they got a big drop. They got to call a break. They got a big drop from x.
Speaker 2: Oh yo. I hate saying the worst leven than one team.
Speaker 1: That's like saying, man, that jover there the broken billionare I ever see? I mean that sound that really does sound oxy muronic. I mean, another dude of a billionaire? How is somebody a broke billionaire. I mean, how is somebody bad at eleven and one. I mean, you might be you know, you'll get you five hundred or you're slightly above. But they've only lost one game and they're trying to do something that's unpressed did it? So? I hate to say that, but boy ahead, man, I'm just watching them. I'm like, and I I watched very I'm like, how do y'all winning these games?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The math, math, math, and so especially. Look, the defense still just held him tonight till seventeen points.
Speaker 2: But if you look at Buffalo, they gave up thirty to Buffalo.
Speaker 1: That was the first time they had given up that many points in almost a year and a half. They gave up thirty. Then they give up thirty plus to Carolina, And that's what's concerned. If the defense was continually holding people down. I was like, okay, but what happened happens when the levee bust, when all the water comes fewing out. Can those tackles hold up and give packing Maholes the tide that he needs. That's what they're gonna end up having. Like I said, if Trent Williams becomes available, they should make Trent Williams the highest paid left tackle again. And now you might not get three in a row, but your damn sure be favorite to go get get back to my holes, number five, number four, because you got a left tackle. Now. Hey, I ain't even worried about t doub. Hey, I'm gonna slide the protection to the right. Hey, Dub, you got it. Don't give damn old dub.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: And not only can he pass block, he hey he masked on the run, a hell of a run block.
Speaker 4: I don't want no part of that. I don't want no part of that.
Speaker 1: I'm not even in trenches.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, Carolina had twenty seven, so one said, so there won't thirty twenty seven on phield walk off field goal. Yeah. I'm just looking at the I'm just looking at the offensive line plate. I'm like, damn, I don't know how much longer. It's gonna be interesting. They still got the Broncos. The Broncos are like second, maybe they second the third in sacks, right, it might be one, but they are very high up in sacks.
Speaker 2: Where the Broncos in sacks, I think.
Speaker 1: The the the the Ravens are up there also in sacks. Okay, Broncos are won in sacks. And they got the Broncos again this time in Denver. And you know, the Broncos always play them tough, even when they had great, great team team that was winning the Super Bowl. I mean, the Broncos played them tough. The Broncos play them tough. And so it's gonna be very very interesting to see how this thing play out moving forward. Like I said, they're gonna play some defense that can pressure the quarterback. If you get Pittsburgh, they can pressure the quarterback. The Broncos, you play them again, you might get them in the playoffs. If they get in, they can pressure the quarterback. The Ravens number three in sacks, they can get after the quarterback. But I don't, deep down, I don't think that. I don't think the Chiefs still the Ravens. As great as Lamar Jackson is that he's been sensational since his second year started, I mean his first year full time started when you won the MVP, he's been sensational. But I don't think. I don't think the Chiefs here of them.
Speaker 4: No, Listen, I don't think the Chiefs for anybody, especially not two times Super Bowl, Super Bowl championship him three times winning Chiefs. I don't think they're free anybody at all. As long as they got fifteen out there, now, oh we're good. We're gonna be all right, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: When it happened, it took a lot a little bit. When didn't take its long. I mean, we didn't think it would take this long, but the Bears did it. Matt Deeberflus was fired after six straight loss, and Tayler Williams said he changed the final play call at the end of the game. I ended up changing the play because we had thirteen seconds. Any play that you have with thirteen seconds with no time, well we had a time out. But with that situation, thirteen seconds to make a call and try to get a snap and try to take a shot. That's why you call time out. With thirty three seconds, well you don't have thirteen second.
Speaker 2: Guess how much time you got naw o yo, you got thirty three three.
Speaker 1: So now all I need if I can get ten yards, all I want to do is get ten yards.
Speaker 2: They gonna look.
Speaker 1: I think they're not gonna They're not gonna let me out of bounds. I know that they're gonna play the boundaries because you don't have any time outs. But even if they played the boundaries, Oh Joe, I don't care. I don't care. I can get my field goal unit owned, I can get the guys that's not on the field goal unit off, and I can get a kick up, get a kick, snap down, kick in eighteen seconds a list, eighteen seconds.
Speaker 2: That's the cutoff we used.
Speaker 1: Now some people say they can stretch it and maybe get into sixteen, but our mato was we always wanted eighteen seconds, and we practiced it religiously. Go hey, yeah, but he was let go Brady safe, Baard Safety Jacquette. Jacquan Brisker didn't hold back when the news of his head coach was fired. He said, God, don't make mistakes. You know what that means. We saw we saw last last night. We saw Keenan Allen said the players played well enough to win the game.
Speaker 4: That's there's two times. The underlying tone tells you all you need to know. The frustration was already built up. It was continuing to view. The players were frustrated, keep making the same mistake. It's like it's like a it's like a player. Teams will tolerate the player.
Speaker 1: If he makes a mistake, but you keep making the same mistake, They're gonna say either if the way we teaching it or the way you learning it, or you just don't give up. Yeah, now if they if maybe you're a visual I'm a visual learner. You just couldn't tell it. I need to see it on the board. Let me see it on the board, or let me see it on or let me see it on the page. Let me see it on the paper. Okay, you want to go here? Okay, now, I got you, I got you, right, Roe, Chad. They will get your ass up out of there. You keep making the same mistake.
Speaker 4: Quick quick, unless you eleap, you eleap.
Speaker 2: Keep making that same mistake. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right, You're right. But the betty the betty you are at your position, the more value you hold to a team.
Speaker 1: The more grace you get. Yeah, true, absolutely, Uh, But you just couldn't have him keep making that mistake. Think about all the games that they lost, the last six that's come down to one possession. Now, I don't put that blame on him for the hell, Mary right, because he called the time out, he had him and want to call him and and and and and and twenty nine was horse jacking around. I mean you know he was. He was bull driving on Joe. He's bull driving. And then they called they they they had Green Bay Dad the rite and then that kid get blocked and they say, my thig, it is O Joe. If they blocked, then they were gonna block it. You guys got you guys gotta what you call him? You gotta hold up. Yeah, just cause you light up the kicker field goal, that doesn't mean they're gonna let you. If you it used to be when you lied up kicking p a T Yo Joe, they would let your guys.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't even rush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now because they backed it up, Say what ten fifteen yards? Guys rush, they actually try to block the PA. They feel like that they have a better chance of being Now. So who is the best coach to fix the Bears? Hey?
Speaker 4: I said it, I said it yesterday and I'm gonna say it again.
Speaker 1: I like Belichick. I like Belichick.
Speaker 4: Will he actually take the job, I'm not sure, but I know where he goes. He has to have a quarterback at the him and he has he has a quarterback and CA does he has a He's a quarterback in Cali william you know. And if there's anybody that Caleb Williams can benefit from as a head coach, it would be the court. I mean, the coach that has six seven Super Bowl rings, you know. I mean that's just me. I could be wrong. Some people might not like it, but I like it. New England, Chicago, same weather, you know, Windy City, snowy City, you know. I mean Bill is used to that type of atmosphere. He's talk about giving if he had the opportunity to coach man, the organization will give the keys over the Bill, allow him. We're gonna let you do what you need to do to put us in position to be a winning team year in, the year out and compete for a championship.
Speaker 1: I know that. I think the thing that's concerning to me is that coach Belichick only knows one way to coach, and he wants to coach everybody, all the quarterbacks like he coached Tom. Tom could take that type of coaching. Everybody can't take that type of coaching o jo. But as a coach, the really great coaches know how to get through to a player using different techniques and tactics to get the.
Speaker 2: Same point across.
Speaker 1: You can't dog cuss, you can't be condescending, you can't be flippant or dismiss it.
Speaker 2: Just because when I was that way with Tom.
Speaker 1: Okay, you might be one way in a relationship with one young lady, but you try that with another young lady and she gonna slap five. The same thing. You might be one way with one boyfriend or in a relationship with someone and you talk to them that way. They're not gonna tolerate that. But the objective is to understand what is the best way, Oh Joe, that I can get through this player that he understands what I'm trying to say. Some people you can coach like Tom Brady. Clearly Tom, But see the thing with Tom, Tom, and I saw this very early on Tom Moore to Coach Belichick's approval. Just one time he wanted to say Tom, he did a great job.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: He never did that. He said the team played well. It wasn't just Tom. A lot of other coaches were Alway. Ad Peyton played unbelievable, Aaron Rodgers played great, John Elway, Dan Marino, YadA, YadA, YadA. Coaches. That's not what coach Belichick did, we had a lot of guys to play well. Tom, Well, he didn't have open heart surgery when he got stitches in his palm. That's what Tom wanted because he looked at coach Belichick like a second father.
Speaker 2: Tom wants a proof.
Speaker 1: We all wants to be see when people say a validation, yes we do, because we want validations. We plub a great season. Send me to the Pro Bowl, give me my All Pro honors, give me MVP, give me Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year. That is validation. And people say, well, I don't care up, Yes you do. You want that Oscar, you want that Emmy, you want that Grammy. You want to be number one on the billboard? You do?
Speaker 2: You want it?
Speaker 1: You want that promotion on your job. That's validation. Oh so you work at the same job and you don't want to get promoted. I'm cool. I said I worked thirty years that it's no you want to get promoted. That's validation. Tom wanted that from Coach Belichick and but Coach Belichick was unwilling to give that to him. But that didn't stop Tom from trying win after win, super Bowl after Super Bowl Coach Belichick looks at it like this. Coach Belichick didn't have that type of relationship with the players because he never wanted to get close because he knew at some point in time, Oh, Jo, he's gonna have to cut those players. He's gonna have to trade those players. It's kind of like in the military. That's why they don't let let hire up have relationship with subordinates.
Speaker 2: It clouds your judgment.
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick says, I'm not gonna let any of these players cloud my judgment. So I'm gonna keep him at a distance. As my grandfather used to say, boy, I'm gonna feed you with a long handle spoon, which means I'm not gonna let you get too close to me. Coach Belichick to understand, everybody doesn't have the skin excuse me that Tom had, so you can't coach him like that. Yeah, how do I coach this guy? But the same results that I got out of coaching another guy another way?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean he don't been around the game long enough. Now, you know, he got to think about how long he's been around the game. Yes, he he's dealt with different players, and I'm sure he can adjust especially do you know to the time.
Speaker 1: That well, why don't you judge with Mac Jones? Oh Mac Jones was horrible coach? Oh Joe, Well, hell, will you give me somebody? Hey, I tell you what o't Joe. I'm gonna have a defensive alignment to be your receiver coach. I'm gonna have him trying to tell you how to run rocks. How that's gonna work for yo, Joe? And you know I'm not talking about no see now you looking at your year six, year seven, I'm talking about a year two. You hear what I said.
Speaker 4: I even if you have someone that's coaching at a position that's not his original position, you still would have to be able to play said position.
Speaker 1: And if you can't, Joe, the guy went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, so he just forgot how to play. Mac Jones led him to the playoffs. It went took it went to the Pro Bowl, so he just got how forgot how to play.
Speaker 4: I know, we we we can't, we can't. You know how You know how hard it is to be consistent year in the year out. Now we yeah, we cannot. We can't just put that on. You know, some people have some people have what's we call it right artists come out and be a one hit wonder. You know, it's about it's about stacking those that stacking that consistency up year in the year out.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time.
Speaker 4: You've seen somebody go to a Pro Bowl one year, then the next few years, well, what the hell happened to them? Now we can't blame it them the coaches.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Mac.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying Mac Jones was going to be the fifteenth or the twentieth greatest quarterback of all time. But that guy had potential. Oh yeah, he took a team to the playoffs. If it easy to go to the playoffs? Oh absolutely not exactly, and he did that. But see that's the areace of coach Belichick because he believed it doesn't matter who, you gonna have a special teams coach that's never called a play and a defensive coordinator that's never called an offensive play. That's what you're gonna give your young quarterback, oachjo There's no denying that Coach Belichick knows the game of football. But the objective is is to put the right people in place to not only coach the game. But in order to play the game, it's gonna be very interesting. And plus o, Joe, people look at coach Belichick. Okay, then look at Cleveland no quarterback, very very very average. They look at no quarterback very very to below average. And they look at this big sample size Tom Brady. Many believe the gold quarterback tremendous success. So what Coach Belichick? Are we gidding?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Dang?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a good question. I know one thing.
Speaker 4: I know. You can't deny his resume. You can't resume and Chicago needs something with the.
Speaker 1: Residue like that. But you got to understand, look at Caleb, he's a young guy. You think you can talk to young guys like he talked to Tom. Yeah no, but I'm sure he got Here's the difference, Joe, here's the difference. Tom was a sixth round draft pick. Try Caleb Williams the number one overall draft pick. He ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see you're going with it. You see how guys guys that get high draft pick, they don't they don't be listening to you, like guys, I mean something, not all, but guys that fill six seventh undred have to preage up what you need from the coach.
Speaker 2: You right, coach? Okay, first round? Or said, man, please, but.
Speaker 4: You know, but he wouldn't act like that, especially at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: You know, ain't gonna be like that. You just said all the time, how he read Tom Brady for a throw when they lost to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: What you mean he thought, Hey, listen, no, I'm talking to tell about Kyla. I said, Cayler wouldn't be like that. But also he was setting the president for those coming in.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I remember that was the first first meeting. First time, I was like, what the fuck going on here? What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Baby? Who called? What do you call?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: French fry?
Speaker 4: You can't you can't hear her singing mm hm baby, come say hello tongue. Come on, she's just waking up.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So we have a we have, but we haven't decided on the coach yet.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, Cam Newton calls out to us arm strength to his armstrang is exposed in cold weather, the verdicts out when scouting Miami Dolphins because tour doesn't have it armed in cold weather.
Speaker 2: Oh yoall yeah.
Speaker 1: Are the are the dolphins woes tours arm Mike McDaniel coaching.
Speaker 2: What is the blade for the.
Speaker 1: Inability to get wins consistently when the temperature drops below thirty you.
Speaker 4: Know what, that's a that's a great question. I'm not sure sure what it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We can't blame Mike mcdane's we can't blame tour. You know, the armstrings always been the thing that people have complained about many of times, and he always has shown the doubters that that doesn't matter. I'm not sure it's the inclement weather, you know, especially with it being cold, that doesn't affect you know, you being able to throw the ball, you know, through the wind. It wasn't even windy.
Speaker 1: It was just cold. The other night. Now, when it started started, it started, the snow started. Company started like a cross where and I saw some player from the Packers. So them boys didn't want to be out there. It was cold, it was shivery. Obviously they were cold.
Speaker 4: But you think about the history of the Dolphins playing in cold weather, it's they've always they've always been, you know, abysmal in cold weather for some reason, and obviously being in Miami that might have some type of affecting you when you're always in eighty degree weather and then it's time to go play somewhere cold.
Speaker 1: What the problem is?
Speaker 4: I actually do not know. I don't know mentally, especially as a Dolphins player. When you going to those games where you're playing thirty thirty and below twenty degrees, whether it may be you have to lock in. You got to lock in and not even really care about the weather around you. But the task at hand, it's only four quarters. How well can I play for four quarters so I can go out here and get my ass back on a plane and back to Miami with a W.
Speaker 1: I don't know, how can you here? It's all it's all here, no, no, no any here.
Speaker 2: It's cold.
Speaker 4: I know, even if it's cold, but you only blocked you only blocked the cold out up here.
Speaker 1: That's the only way to do it. And that cold different. So you when you go to when you when you're from a warm climate and you go to like the that Midwest cold, that's that bone crunching cold, that thing get in your bone?
Speaker 2: Whoa I mean? Because think about it when they stepped off that play.
Speaker 1: Damn in win't in Miami, no more win on South beach on Nope, the ground, the ground cold, right, you don't be wanting to drink I don't be wanting to drink no water because the water get on your this cold ah man mm hmmm. And we knew we get certain teams that came more like the Dolphins we played them in the playoffs. Yeah, they want none of that on John mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: And it's so it's so funny. I'm from Miami. I'm from Miami, born and raised every bit of Day County and Liberty City. But I love playing the cold weather. I could not wait until we got November in December and Cincinnati. Regards to what our record may have been from on cold, please hurry up. But my wanting to enjoy the cold playing in New England, planning and in Boston, I'm so I'm saying the same playing in Green Bay. If off the opportunity to present itself planning again, Champ Baby and John Lynch in Denver when it was cold later on this season. You know what, at halftime, I don't got to get no goddamn ivy. I ain't got to get no ivy because I would cramp. I would cramp in mycalf and mycalfs. Almost every game made in the little calves, I don't out, no, not little man. I don't gotta understand. I play I play out was six six four two twenty, you know, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what the Dolphins could do, man, because this has been going on so long historically for the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You know, it is to his arm, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: It's always it's always, it's always something, and it damn sure ain't Mike McDaniels.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to find.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, unless they get home field throughout the playoffs, they're gonna end up having to go to Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, Buffalo isn't going anywhere. Mahomes isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Josh McDaniel, Josh Allen, excuse me, isn't going anywhere. And Josh Allen is in your division. So unless you get home, fifth snatched that away from him and you force people to come to Miami when the weather might be nice, will probably be nice. You might get some some you might get some rain, but that's it. You're not gonna like Litta. You're getting snow twenty degrees, ten degrees you not don't get no weather like you got in Kansas City when y'all took y'all lass out there last year.
Speaker 2: So that's what you got to hope for, Ojo.
Speaker 1: You've got to put yourself in a situation where I don't have I don't have to go there because you gotta go there, because you're probably gonna have to go to Baltimore. You have to go to Kansas City, You'll have to go to Buffalo, you might probably do have to go to Pittsburgh, all those places. It could easily be below thirty, but it might be below twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's let's do it below. Baltimore manageable. You know, Kansas City is manageable. Now you talk about going to Green Bay. Now that's now, that's a different ball game.
Speaker 1: Now, No, Cam's City ain't managed. You saw I didn't look back there last year. You saw the lugerious sneed jam Tyreek because Tyreek was cold. You saw that Tyreek had done got used to Tyrek had done, got used to Miami. Yeah, man, it's different. We gotta function differently. You gotta get your mind and you look, you really have to get your mind right to play in cold weather. It ain't no, man, I'm good. Oh you not good? Not, No, you're not. It started that week, man, And it's hard, oh joe, because there's nothing they can use to simulate it. You see, in Denver, we're going to play in cold. It's we outside, it's cold. We go to Kansas City, we go to Pittsburgh, we go to Green Bay, whatever the case may beach you Cleveland, it's cold. We used yeah, and a lot of times, how do you simulate that if you're the warm weather, you just can't open the door because a lot of times, even if we're going inside, they opened the door to let.
Speaker 2: The cold come in, right.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes it was snowing so bad and we couldn't they couldn't throw the snow off the field. We did have heating coils on the field that was closest to the closest to the building.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: They got they upgraded, They about to upgrade again. Look it got unbelieving facilities. But you got to prepare your You got to start preparing yourself that week before, O Joe.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, definitely. But it's hard because it's hard. It is, it's hard to emulate. I just got I got it. Man, here, I'm weird. I got appreciation for that cold twenty degrees, thirty degrees, forty fifty man, bring it on.
Speaker 1: I ain't lying, I either. Oh, I'm practicing sleep, I'm giving. I'm putting on everything they gave you. You know you can't you can't. You can't feel the ball. Uh you heard me? No, no, no, not in the game, not the game. But happen to say, yeah, I don't like that. We ain't got no heating benches. We ain't got no crowd to give me, no booze, and I ain't got no drenaline going kiss my kiss my tail. I'm not going out here. Hold on, y'all. Ain't had a heated bitches back then. No, we had not for practice. Oh you talk about practice. I thought that, I mean the game. Yeah, we gotta put a game. Okay, okay, Mike, you ain't getting no heated bitches for no practice. So not hell no, you don't need That's what I'm saying. So I put on everything. You absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not gonna be so cumbersome, but I can't move because all of a sudden, you look at sluggish.
Speaker 2: That might be like, what the hell going on?
Speaker 1: So, but you know the lineman, the lineman, lineman come out there, no matter how cold it was, the linman are coming out there with shorts and be coming out there with no snake sleeves always always, and all of them was like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just like one.
Speaker 1: Every lineman, no matter how cold thing was out there with shorts, their pads on, in short sleeves.
Speaker 2: Kiss my tail. I ain't.
Speaker 1: I'm not going out there like that, Absolutely not. I got on a turtleneck. Uh you had a turn neck. But sure, and practice yeah yeah, man, I'm not fit to boy, I'm not fit to go out there, oh joe, you know, and and and and practice. Once you get caught, once you start shivering, it is a rap if over unless they have y'all had. You know, we had the heater, the blower what do you call the big heater thing? Yeah, yeah, the blow No, we ain't got that, you see, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So if if you get caught, when you get in that position where you cold and you start shivering, we did have the heaters on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm about we had I'm about in practice now, I'm I'm talking about mikey have that, oh wow. And that's why I was like, I already know me, because hey, hey, I don't you don't know? Oh ya, I got Mike, I gotta go in. I got you know, I got hand on some miness like going into eighty four. I'm up there in front of the heaters. Oh yo, I'm looking at the wind out of practice. Y'all lied to be please everybody. I'm sorry, bad it got cold out there. Bad, But hey, ain't nothing like that, man, Your TV th ain't nothing even do.
Speaker 4: Hey want some toes and the fingertificatet cold? Bad boy, it's boy, you can got nothing but hell to deal.
Speaker 1: With after that. Hey, hey there, Hey, I'll go today. Hey, Mike, I think somethingbody something didn't agree with me today. Man, I need to go on there and the yeah, yeah, baby, bad man, bad damn.
Speaker 2: I sure hold. Don't nobody come in here and see me standing in front of this heat, oh Joe. In the last home game at.
Speaker 1: Folsom Field, in front of the home crowd, Travis Hunter and Shador Sanders.
Speaker 2: And put on a show.
Speaker 1: As they did, Colorado demolished Oklahoma State fifty two to nothing to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. Prime told Colorado going into respond after the thirty seven to twenty one los. The Buffalos didn't just respond, they obliterated the opposition. It was Colorado's longest largest margin of victory since beating the Gophers the Minnesota Gophers fifty eight to nothing in nineteen ninety one. Shador Sanders was thirty four of forty one four point thirty eight, five touchdowns and an interception.
Speaker 2: Shador, excuse me?
Speaker 1: Travis Hunter ten catches a buck, sixteen three touchdowns, a pick, two plass breakups they had, Yeah, Travis.
Speaker 2: Was you know you're doing?
Speaker 1: Was thirty one or forty one four thirty eight five touchdowns, one an exception.
Speaker 2: Webster Wester excuse me?
Speaker 1: Had eleven catches a buck seventy five two touchdowns. Travis Hunter ten catches one to sixteen three touchdowns. I think his name is Will Shepherd had six catches for sixty seven yards. I like this because this is what Prime knew. Prime knew that the boys in State was going to try to give gent as many carriages as he can handle and let him try to get as many yard as he can.
Speaker 2: And he says, I'm not gonna let you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna just get up the big and take my dog, call my dogs off traves, stay out there because I want them to. I want them to let him know just how great you are? Can I interest you in ten four bucks, sixteen and three touchdowns? Can I interest you on a pick? Can I interest you in two pass? Breakup? Can I interest y'all?
Speaker 2: In that?
Speaker 1: He left no doubt, no doubt that he's going to win the Heisman Trophy in December? What is that the first week in December? So this next Saturday, isn't it? It's normally the first Saturday. It's normally the first Saturday in December, December fourteenth. They backed it up, Okay, he said, oh yeah, because you know they got they got conference play now?
Speaker 2: Oh yo, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, conference or conference play would be nothing like next weekend. Yeah, there's no question in my mind he's the best college player. Look and there's nothing Look asking gent has had an unbelievable season two thousand, What is he at two thousand? And is he at two thousand and twenty? Was it two thousand and eighty six? Well, we know Barry rushed for twenty six, twenty five and eleven games, and he had another two hundred and twenty five yards and five touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl that they didn't count that, So he would have been over twenty eight hundred yards and over forty touchdowns in twelve games, which I mean, think about how much how many yards you would literally you would literally have to rush like two hundred and fifty yards a game, oh joe to beat that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two eight eight.
Speaker 1: So we has he has twenty two hundred and eighty eight yards, and he has the conference championship next week, right, Okay, So Barry's twenty six, twenty five, twenty six, twenty eight, so he's about what three hundred and fifty three hundred and forty something yards three thirty four three. But I love what I saw from Colora three uh mad, oh joe, if they could have just got Casas. Now they're going to the Big twelve championship game with a chance to get no question, they're going to the what you call them that be going to the college football playoffs.
Speaker 4: So now they have to they have to rely on two or three teams to lose. Iowa, if I'm not mistaken, is it Iowa Iowa State?
Speaker 2: I think it's Alowa State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so hopefully, hopefully everything goes in their favor and they make it, make it to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think they can. They can.
Speaker 4: They can call some hell. Now, they can call some hell and cast some hav it depending on who they matched up with. So you know it's here, here's the hope, and they do make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could, he could easily, But how many games? If he played twelve thirteen? He played twelve games. He's played twelve games. Uh, so he's already played one more game. I don't think he's getting three forty. Who did they play? Who did they play it? Okay? Yeah, and he's gonna play in the college They gotta go play a game in the college football playoffs, and they're gonna give you as many carre as he need because I can see that. I can see that. So he needs one hundred because if they what if what if they lose this game? You think they make the college football payer? Who did?
Speaker 2: But who could it possibly be?
Speaker 1: How did Colorado State? And what's beat the brakes up there? Yeah? Yeah, so they're guaranteed at least two more games. But Joe and so he's probably gonna need he's gonna need three hundred and forty yards in two games, and they haven't been very many games this year that he's gotten held under one hundred and seventy yards. And I think this is why. I think this is why Prime left left his guys in right that he's like, look, no, no, no, no, no, no, I know it's thirty five nothing, So we're gonna finish this. We're gonna finish this thing outright. And Travis his last game in folsom Field, Nobody in Colorado is gonna gonna not for not remember him.
Speaker 2: They're gonna remember him from ever.
Speaker 1: You can make the case he's the greatest Colleague Colorado player ever. I mean Cordell Rushaan Salam Brian Byron Rizzle White, he was a chief, he was a Supreme Court justice. He went there. But it's hard. They had west Brook, They've had some great defending. You know, they had Alfred Williams, and they have Hudson, and they had a lot of different Eric b Enemy, J. J. Flanagan, They've had some guys, but it's gonna be hard to say that they're better, better player than Travis Hunter. No, George is losing what seventeen nothing Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: I mean I might remote that, No, because if I turn that on, I'm and be looking to my left.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it, but you do it through the ball exception. Well, today thirty four forty eight said he broke his own record.
Speaker 2: He had the most touchdown passes in a single season. Up that. Now, what's he at now? Like thirty four?
Speaker 1: Uh? He most passing yards in a single season. I think he broke Coy Deptmer's record back in the mid nineties when he's playing for Rick Neuheiseel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 1: An all time single season passing record and previous record with thirty five hundred and twenty seven yards set by Coorey Detmer with another game to play, so he has an opportunity to move that.
Speaker 2: Even for the O Joe Travis Hunter he had already had.
Speaker 1: He was the Heisman front runner and today was his most impressive game of his career, a three touchdown performance, a won, an exception, a couple of pans breakup. Hunter had ten catches for one hundred and sixteen yards three touchdowns, his fourth interception on the caason with the regular season in the stat book Offensively, he had ninety two receptions eleven hundred and fifty two yards, fourteen receiving touchdowns, one rushing touchdown. On defense, he had for an exception, with a lot of quarterbacks not even thrown in his direction. He is the best collegiate player in football. We've never seen a guy that could do what he did on both sides of the ball. Maybe you can find a guy that was better, and he was on one side of the other, but when you combine the two, nobody, not in the history of the game, it's been better than this kid what he did this year.
Speaker 2: Nobody not even close.
Speaker 1: Huh. Sudor has thirty five touchdowns this season with a chat with another game, with another game, they're gonna get a bowl game, so he has an opportunity to add to that. I mean, he's probably close to four thousand yards, isn't he.
Speaker 2: He threw for four thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Three four eight eight, that's where he's at now, Okay, no added, So you add three four eight eight plus four thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Sixteen twenty six through.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, uh, Chador is uh seventy four yards away from four thousand. So what broth I mean for a guy that says. The only reason he was throwing good because he was at Jackson State. He proved everybody wrong. Travis Hunter wasn't gonna be able to do that either. Jackson State coach frib was good, but he was coaching at Jackson State.
Speaker 4: You're always gonna have your doubt us, you know that. Yeah, for sure, always gonna have your dollars good motivation. Not that you need it because half us us we already self motivated anyway, but it's a little nice little fuel for the fire proof. Yeah, a few prove a few people wrong. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: But they'll moved the gold post and then say something else.
Speaker 4: You didn't know who it is. Oh, you know, you know, you know that game they played, but it was.
Speaker 2: A very impressive performance.
Speaker 1: That scored twenty one in the first quarter, none in the second, seventeen in the third, fourteen in the in the fourth, and they won by the score of fifty two to Nothings your door. Sanders thirty four forty one four thirty eight five touchdowns and Travis hunterd ten for bucks sixteen three touchdowns, another pick past, break up, couple of tackles. Western had eleven catches for Bucks seventy five and two touchdowns, and they completely this is what you do to a team that's three and eight coming in Let them know that early.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all will quit.
Speaker 1: Now let your hang around.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope.
Speaker 1: The Buffaloes kept their slim hopes allied for the Big Twelve. Apparents, Oh joe, they need at least two other things. Two of the three teams sitting at sixty two in the Big Twelve Arizona State and I will stay and BYU to lose Arizona State plays rival Arizona Arizona's terrible, while I will stay host Kansas State? Uh?
Speaker 2: B WHYU host Houston?
Speaker 1: Eyah? So they just need any two of these to lose, right, or they need all three of them?
Speaker 2: Two or the three? Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh what's the what's the chances? Arizona State is on the road in Arizona, but Arizona.
Speaker 2: Real ain't too good?
Speaker 1: Bad? Yeah, Kansas State, it's okay, but they're on the road. They're they're in aames, they're in ocle at Oowa State, and B why you host Houston?
Speaker 2: Mhmm And the words of Florida Evans.
Speaker 1: Oh joe, damn damn damn a candad y'all them the volume