Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break? Yes? Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought us, Patrick Walker, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It is Friday, November seventeenth, twenty twenty three, Season nineteen, episode number seventy three.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the latest edition of The Break.
Speaker 5: We are live from the SWBC Mortgage studios at the Star. I got Brian and Amber here with me. Patrick out again today, but we've got we'll get you guys ready for Cowboys Versus Panthers throughout this show. It is turning into a freaky Friday here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. You got my guy Nick Harris this morning eating hot stuff, and I walk into the studio now and Amber's got shots over there. I'm not really sure what's gonna happen with that. I'm not really sure what's gonna happen with that, but it should be fun, so it makes you stick around for the entire show. Amber does have a game here in the Do you need to get that in the second segment?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, And Chris we'll be coming in here too, and he's gonna be participated.
Speaker 2: I have to get I have to drive to my next job. I hope everything will be okay.
Speaker 5: And I'm not supposed to be drinking on the job, so we hopefully that's not liquor. But we'll see, we'll see how it goes. I just know it. It doesn't look at.
Speaker 7: What it looks like, honey mustard. Over there, we're drinking honey mustard.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 8: We'll see, we'll see. We'll get to it in the second segment.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I got limitations. I got standards. Yeah, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: We all know about that. Yeah, hi guy, you are?
Speaker 4: I am, Yes, I am, And I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: All Right's okay.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Cowboys versus Panthers. Let's get right to it. Tell me, what do you think I think is the offensive player for the Panthers that Dallas should be most concerned about that could possibly give him problems this weekend.
Speaker 2: I feel like that.
Speaker 7: Is old man Adam Thielen, and I worry about old Man Adam Thlen because he seems to be if you look at metrics and you watch the tape. He's a guy that Bryce Young tends to find during the game when he needs to play. And there hasn't been many plays where you know that they've been able to make some explosives and stuff like that. But Adam Thielen is one of those guys that in these types of games where he could be really clutch. He could be a third down and nine he catches it.
Speaker 2: For eleven. It could be a.
Speaker 7: Running along the back of the in line in the end zone and somehow Young finds him in the back of the end zone and you know.
Speaker 2: You got really good coverage.
Speaker 7: But he's made a career over out of handling bad ball situations. He's been made a career out of handling.
Speaker 2: Uh, being contested catches.
Speaker 7: He's the one guy that would worry me as far as them trying to get the ball down the field offensively and maybe try and keep the sticks moving.
Speaker 6: Uh for me, worry worry nobody but Tuba Cuba.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 8: Hubert Hubbard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the running back and one of the running backs, and you know the running game is always something that you want to keep an eye on.
Speaker 8: With this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 6: And he's uh from everything you describe Brian doing your scouting report, I mean he sounds and looks like a very physical player. He has the opera and lower body power and kept pushed through. So maybe that's a guy that they can keep a guy.
Speaker 2: You've been watching a Carolina Panthers me. Yeah, it's a it's a good scouting report there.
Speaker 5: Let's flip that over defensive side of the ball. Who's the player you're most concerned about.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got to be Brian Burns.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean when you look at because he's the one guy that can he can wreck shop. And they used to say, I compare it very similar to what Philadelphia has with Hassan Reddick, except that Hassan Reddick stays on the side of the field where Terrence Steele is going to deal with Tyron Smith playing at such a high level, I'm not wasting any reps with Burns against Smith. I think that is an absolute that they're not getting anything out of that. Terrence Steele seems to be the one, and he played very well last week. The past protection stuff was spot on technique spot on. This would be another different challenge for him this week. And so if I'm the Panthers, I'm thinking how many rushes can I have against Terrence Steele with burns and see if I could take advantage of that.
Speaker 8: That's the main guy. I mean, that's.
Speaker 7: Derek Brown at the defensive tackle. Would be something too. We've seen with what with last week and you know we talked about Dexter Lawrence was a guy, similar type of body, big, bulky, mean guy inside with burns.
Speaker 8: This reminds me a lot.
Speaker 6: Obviously, no one's like Micah Parsons some of that role where you have to keep moving around with being a linebacker and then also pressuring the quarterback. So that's the main guy that stood out to me with everything, and the one that when I did watch a couple of plays, didn't watch many, sorry, but when I did. Uh, He's the one guy that kind of always stands out out of the whole group.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one thing I'll say is if you remember back, if J. C.
Speaker 5: Horn is healthy, healthy, active this week, he is a guy that many people believed that when the Cowboys drafted Michael Parsons it was because Horn and Sartaine were gone that any people believe the Cowboys won it one of those two cornerbacks there at the early part of that draft. And so that being said, it will be interesting whether you think he's a game changing type player or not for this particular game. I still would like to see him and maybe see him against some of these receivers and see what he can do, because it'll just be an interesting little you know. Another note, guy that was that was potentially could have been draft ahead of Michael if he would have been available.
Speaker 7: He's been out for so long and you know, you think, like, okay, he's able to practice, it's been limited on you know, are they really going to throw him out there? How much rust does he have as a player. You know he is when healthy. He would be the one guy that you could say, okay, CD and Horn And to your point, absolutely, I think the coaching staff back in that time, the coaching staff was really interested in J. C. Horn and the scouts were really interested in Sir Tan. And it's kind of a funny dimension law I was, I was certain and then Horn, but it literally the old saying tax touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah you could one of them.
Speaker 7: Was with Sir Tan He looks so smooth the way he played, and there's a smoothness to Horn's game, but Sir Tan is not as grabby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The one thing Horn is he'll get right up on you, jam jam grab jam jam. You know, He'll that kind of Certan's a little bit more fluid in the way he plays. I think there was really a physical style Horn was. I can see why coaches like Horn because he's willing to play physical.
Speaker 2: He's willing to tackle, you know.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of really the way he plays the ball, the ball skills and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Really both those guys lead in that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I have a question for you guys from from a fan hoodie Uba on Twitter. He says, what is the Cowboys plan to play better in their road games?
Speaker 4: Cowboys go back on the road.
Speaker 5: I have a personal belief on this and I'd love to get from you guys what you think of this. But I think a lot of the home road stuff is about who the Cowboys have played. If you think about it, their road opponents, the Giants, the Cardinals, the forty nine Ers, the Rogers Philadelphia, and then you think about the home games you got the Jets, the Patriots, the Rams, the Giants. Again, I think they've played. But what do you guys think we.
Speaker 7: Might have thought differently about the Jets if Aaron Rodgers played that game, maybe we might have thought differently about that one.
Speaker 2: I think you're absolutely right about that.
Speaker 7: I think there's there's things about the Cowboys offensively playing at home that is magical. With the way that the route combinations, the protection, getting the ball out, finding the right guy, Dak making like big time plays, moving the pocket, him, running around him, running defense. They create turnovers at home. They find a way to turn people over. Philadelphia had a chance to get three fumbles, got none of them. You know, they need to they need to get back to if they to me, it's a couple of different things. Just the way that the offense plays indoors, no weather conditions on that turf is special. And their defense in the way that they smother you at home, they do a great job of that, and you know they need to try to find a little bit of that to carry with them on. There was a time when we were all working here where under the Jason Garrett administration where they were winning home games, road games.
Speaker 2: All the time. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Eight on the road much better on the road than they were at home, and that that narrative now is flipped.
Speaker 6: See that's something the concept that I haven't fully got a understanding of because to me, uh, it's not a crowd thing necessarily because most time you see so many Cowboys fans everywhere with the exception of a couple of places in general. But other than that, I don't get it. I don't get the whole playing out like I've never played a football game. I've never but I've played soccer before and when I travel, I mean obviously different, very different than this, but.
Speaker 8: We still played and we would win.
Speaker 6: So I just don't really get why it's much and a big importance and how it's always like, well, they're not playing at home and thus why they lost that game type of mentality.
Speaker 2: We might have a different feeling about too.
Speaker 7: We talk about the Jets and the quarterback situation that being at home, you win that game in Philadelphia, you know, you find a way, you find a way, you're down, you kind of rally back, you get to the six yard line, you know you have a chance to win the game. We might think a little bit differently about Dallas playing on the road, but it's it's something that is definitely there.
Speaker 5: Well, the other outlier is Arizona, right, you say, that's a really really bad team that the Cowboys uncharacteristically lost to, which they don't do that often.
Speaker 6: The team Is it really really about when you're playing away from home?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know that anybody has them, but I will tell you this, there are there are differences. Obviously, your your schedule is different because you're having the travel versus your being in your own play.
Speaker 4: You get to the stadium, it's a.
Speaker 5: Different environment, the locker room's different, there are layouts different, And you're talking about guys who are creatures of habit. They do the same thing consistently over time, and that's how they build whatever they build, right, And so who knows what of that could affect a different player in a different way. I think the one thing everybody can point to is crowd noise. And like you said, I don't know that there are a ton of stadiums where crowd noise is a huge factor. Now there are some, like we talked about the other day, Seattle is wonder. You go there, you know you're gonna have to deal with with the environment. There's gonna be noise. Yeah, when you go to Philadelphia, there's gonna be something that the conditions become another thing. If you're a team that's used to being inside and now you're going to play outdoors, there's.
Speaker 4: A whole nother factor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: If you're a team that's used to playing on turf and now you're going to play on grass?
Speaker 4: Is that how does that affect you? And it changes how you play?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: So I think I think there's all those kinds of little things. I agree with you. I don't know it at the end.
Speaker 5: Of the day that any of them necessarily make a big difference, but they do create these questions when you see a pattern of on.
Speaker 2: The home you're winning.
Speaker 4: On the road, you even.
Speaker 5: Lose the game teams that you're not supposed to lose, and if they lose this weekend or play that close and he's just gonna narrow that, this narrative even blows up even more because it's another bad team.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 7: I kind of initially thought the Arizona loss was a bad loss until now I'm watching Josh Dobbs play in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Maybe as Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Josh h.
Speaker 7: I don't think Arizona at that time was a bad team. I think right now, well they got Kyler Murray, but they won, so maybe it's but with Arizona, they they were they were in several close games where they they lost the Giants. That was a bad loss for them. You know, they had him on the roads, couldn't finish the game. So I don't look at the Arizona. Dallas traditionally does not play well at Arizona. It just doesn't happen. But now watching Josh Dobbs play in Minnesota, I'm thinking, like I can understand why Dallas lost that game to a quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's playing pretty damn well right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's tick our first rek leads come back. Amber has a game for us. We'll see how this goes. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot Com right here.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 11: Cowboys fans, after that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 12: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking app.
Speaker 11: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 12: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stick banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com Slash Can't Stop Banking every Time.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the Elis language. You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on SELEC mobile devices. Message dat rags applied.
Speaker 3: Remember f the icy Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer Life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper, Sheila, let's hear from our next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you dear doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 13: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier to cry on?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dee equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 7: Back to the break, The Salvation Army's twenty seventh annual Red Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly Parton rock the stage during the halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head ahead with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three point thirty on CBS Welcome Back.
Speaker 5: It is the second segment of The Break live from the SWBC Mortgage studios at the Star. This segment, as as Hard as it may Be, is brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: All right, Amber, you have a game for us. Explain what we're doing.
Speaker 8: Yes, so we're playing never have I ever?
Speaker 6: And you guys don't really know how that works. For those who don't know, you would say something, for example, never have I ever gotten a tattoo? And maybe Derek has a tattoo. I don't know, but then he would drink if he does have a tattoo. And these are not they don't have alcohol because Derek is boring.
Speaker 2: Work there this proof. But anyways, do have a beer sponsor.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you guys what these are.
Speaker 6: They're nothing, too crazy because again Derek is like, I'm too sensitive.
Speaker 8: I have it.
Speaker 6: Let's get the trash, geta bring that over here. Because Derek because it's too sensitive. But we have here a ginger.
Speaker 2: Ginger, ginger, Okay, ginger, I'll take a day, have the honey muster. It's honeymus we can take.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have a cold brew coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh I've never had cough. I'll take that. Is that right?
Speaker 8: You'll have today?
Speaker 2: Which one is it? Right?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 6: Then we have beat juice, I'll try really healthy, good for you.
Speaker 7: And then well it's like Thanksgiving already, and then we have.
Speaker 8: It's a shot of what is that?
Speaker 2: What is it's gonna go?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's the time. It's taste. Okay, you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: I've never had coffee running down the hall started, all right? Getting started?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: So we're all gonna playing myself, I don't Yeah, you're definitely playing because you got to take shots too. Yeah, I'm not exactly I gotta come, but okay, you got to bat first.
Speaker 2: Ladies first first.
Speaker 6: Okay, this one's easy. Never have I ever worn anything purple to work?
Speaker 4: Really? Is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Which one we start with? And we can pick whatever we want.
Speaker 6: I know, I get to choose, no person, well, you get to choose.
Speaker 8: We're all starting all right, where are you going to die? All right? Just go ahead and pick whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Thank you, ginger, ginger, ginger with you. That's a smell. That's a smeller.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I heard about the ginger shot.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's strong.
Speaker 2: What does that do for you?
Speaker 8: It's healthy? Okay, ur immune system?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Yes, those germs around this season, they're gonna be away for it.
Speaker 2: I like, well, I like what I'm doing, like sushi.
Speaker 8: But I was gonna get all of y'all in that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, that's why I laughed when I saw you this morning, Derek exactly.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the brothers whatever.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go up, Yes, all right.
Speaker 5: Never have I ever had a whole conversation with a man who was wearing nothing but a towel.
Speaker 4: Come on, Brian, Come on, Amber, do you want to tell the story?
Speaker 5: Brian, tell the story, because otherwise it seems a little weird.
Speaker 2: But he didn't even have a towel.
Speaker 5: He didn't even know whoa Let me make it better. Never have I ever had a had a whole conversation with a naked man?
Speaker 4: That's even better?
Speaker 2: Okay, great now, now wouldn't we drink the coffee?
Speaker 14: Here.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 8: Coffee?
Speaker 2: Coffee, cheers?
Speaker 7: You want to tell the story, Brian, Bill Parcells, Bill Parcells, Bill Parcells, coffee. I've never had coffee my life. By the way, this is the first coffee I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 4: Right, so Brian, Brian walks up to Wow, it's not good. Bill walks up to Brian in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I was in the I was in the weight room. I was cutting through Old Valley Ranch. Wait so he was in the way he was the weight room. No, no, real quick, Wait, god, that's all.
Speaker 6: By the way, this is all stuff that I got from the players. So this is stuff like athletes dream.
Speaker 2: Oh good for them.
Speaker 4: That's why the athletes one of those those jim shots. It wasn't horrible.
Speaker 2: Shot to the system. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: Uh We're got cut through Wh're at Old Valley Ranch. You know how you could cut through the weight room to get back to the front. So I'm cutting through the weight room. Parcels is on the treadmill. He goes, Hey, I need to talk to you. Meet me in the locker room. I'm like, I wanted to talk right then and there kind of get it. Done, meet me in my locker room. Afterwards, boot meet him in the locker room. He starts taking off his clothes. By the end of the conversation, he's completely naked and doing the Captain Morgan post.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's the funniest part of the whole story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's standing and I mean I'm not even making eye contact. I'm just like, I'm like looking at it, like hell, you know, guys are spelling their names on their name tags and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But that was yeah, Bill tracking me on that. Okay, nice, Okay, my turn, now, yes, you turn.
Speaker 7: Never have I ever held a boom mic in a locker room after a game?
Speaker 4: Why do y'all keep coming from me?
Speaker 2: Chris, which I like a couple of them.
Speaker 4: Yea, you've had to do that before.
Speaker 2: Get your alright.
Speaker 5: The beat I love Cobra Colebrew was awful, was good.
Speaker 2: I know. Whatever.
Speaker 15: Have I ever don't lost a forty yard dash to Nick Heatman?
Speaker 4: Yeah that was that didn't even count. I'm just saying I have never lost.
Speaker 2: I've never run one against him forty yard dash.
Speaker 8: I have not done that.
Speaker 2: Lost a race to Nick Eatman.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's go back in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back, he's probably listening.
Speaker 8: And I bet he gave you that. I bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the way, let me just clarify, Yeah, let me clarify. In the moment, we were all training camp and I was stealing with bronchitis.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I couldn't breathe.
Speaker 6: Basically, that's what happens when you remember, Yeah, I got really sick and then at the same time my bladder was full. I needed to pee pretty bad. So that takes away from it, no, because then it.
Speaker 2: Will come out.
Speaker 8: No, you know, the bouncing makes.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 6: That's why you're in a car and it's a bumpy row and you gotta be You're like, oh my god. But anyways, so he barely beat me, and he's so proud of it, of someone that had to be and had bronchitis. So anyways, it's dumb, but that you you needed to come up with your own.
Speaker 2: I got another one you got for me.
Speaker 6: I guess you know what I'm gonna tack you. Never have I ever try to wipe balance on a cloud.
Speaker 2: Never got you.
Speaker 8: For those who don't know, For those who don't know.
Speaker 6: Why balance smart, Yeah, that's smart white balancing.
Speaker 8: It's with the camera.
Speaker 6: You just to get this color, the colors right, And there was nothing around, and Chris was trying to wipe balance from the camera.
Speaker 8: This was a training camp too, and.
Speaker 6: He's like, let me use that cloud.
Speaker 2: I can understand that perfect white balance on the cloud.
Speaker 4: All right, I got one. All right, I think I'm gonna get everybody on that.
Speaker 2: I only got one left. You can have my.
Speaker 5: Never have I ever had dinner with Will McLay or any scout?
Speaker 4: Oh damn, you're I don't even think twice you got anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna like it was made for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have Okay.
Speaker 6: I want to go again so I can attack you next.
Speaker 2: Think what do I drink it?
Speaker 8: Which was that?
Speaker 2: It's that's a wrestler, right, K like vinegar? Oh wow, I actually like that? Oh yeah, that is that was that was? What is that good for? Is that green? Is green for you?
Speaker 8: Lemongrass?
Speaker 2: Somebody get me, get me? I want to taste No, seriously, you're gonna like that?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: Never have I ever flown in the owner's private jet? Okay?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Never have I ever flown in the owner's private jet. All right, well, right too, I don't know what this is.
Speaker 4: Where are you going in the jet?
Speaker 2: He's gone a lot of places all the times. Yeah, I went to uh.
Speaker 15: I was with Jerry when we went up for Michael Irvans Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of them. How about his Hall of Fame? Did you travel with the family from that one too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you had to get And then we came in late because we had a a high school thing to shoot, and we came to I think Denver late one time.
Speaker 2: So it was rock Still, myself and Scott and Jerry. Is it that bad Denver game? That real bad Denver game? A week?
Speaker 7: The weather, the weather delay for an hour, and we like had nine yards rushing.
Speaker 4: Have you been on have you been on the helicopter ever?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, I was going to say you could have gotten if you said helicopter or playing.
Speaker 7: I've I've done neither one another neither one? Yeah, all right here I was thinking a dreamer on that one. I didn't know I was going to get you on that one. I'm playing you probably going to New York for meeting I've been on playing a few times for meetings, springs We've had some different situations.
Speaker 5: I went on one early in my career with Jerry Junior and Bill Priactics.
Speaker 4: It was an interesting trip.
Speaker 7: Those are the It's a great way to travel, man, Yeah, its a great way to travel.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm down to beat juice me too.
Speaker 15: Oh uh, let's get him, let me get let me get broad est. Never I have ever asked a question at a press conference. I know you have, yeah, Garrett all the time.
Speaker 8: I actually have.
Speaker 2: Actually that's because I didn't know if you ever have the Garrett Garrett to cross from Garrett. Yeah, yeah, I got Garrett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you too. You've had to.
Speaker 8: Never ever been a cheater because you're cheating.
Speaker 2: I got that one. Did you come up? I got that one. The only ones he came up with, the ones on the back. I could see we're playing with alcohol. How this game could be really intense? Honest, look, I'm kind of.
Speaker 8: Drunk all right, this one. I hate I ginger shot.
Speaker 2: I hate I love the beat. I'll tell you what. That thing burn That ginger shot burns. I like it kind of helped me. I like stuff. I'm still all right. I'm gonna drink that too.
Speaker 4: Is this the end of the game. Many more rounds were doing.
Speaker 7: Now people are walking by and they're going to see us like drinking stuff here, Hell children, Hi, I don't drink don't.
Speaker 2: Dry see.
Speaker 6: Okay this one. Never have I ever drank a soda on the charter. You've never drink a soda.
Speaker 2: I watched this man drink plenty of Doctor Peppers.
Speaker 4: No, no diet doctor.
Speaker 7: But it was I sat I sat next to him for a lot of years on a plane.
Speaker 4: Look, and you know, think about it.
Speaker 5: I never I don't don't drink soda. I don't drink soda. But that's my one cheat. I allow myself to diet doctor Pepper on.
Speaker 4: Every road trip.
Speaker 2: And two chocolate chip cookies and.
Speaker 5: One chocolate chip cookie. Listen, this is one too, this one, but that's my is actually.
Speaker 7: Good to sit next to because he he will have the latest and greatest technology, and he will have some type of.
Speaker 5: And watched the whole sea. He's enough sounds of anarchy one year with me.
Speaker 2: Without even the sound.
Speaker 8: But I just watched it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I can get it, not always.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I pass out those Wi Fi to everyone on.
Speaker 4: The planet because I need some people not to be on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, here we.
Speaker 4: Go beat you.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not bad O. The coffee has been the worst for me, all right, I still feel.
Speaker 8: It have some extra energy, I guess, all right.
Speaker 3: Is that it?
Speaker 4: That's a wrap.
Speaker 2: Someone, I'm gonna finish these. What do you got? Give me two more? Real quick?
Speaker 4: I got one for Brian.
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone, oh that one.
Speaker 5: Never have I ever gotten into a heated shouting match with one of my teammates.
Speaker 4: And I knew both of you guys jump on that one quickly.
Speaker 2: I told the other day. I told the story about me and Nicky that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that was about to say you got one, that's right.
Speaker 2: That's why I looked at Rob Phillips and the up rob. I told Rob, Rob the old ropp pulls the rowing cabin of the yell.
Speaker 15: Okay, I told Micky meet him halfway, because you know the.
Speaker 2: Other bill he was Nate had. Mickey jumped up and Nate went saved his life. That's what what he got, h real quickly. I have never been to an NFC Championship game.
Speaker 4: It would only be one person at this table has been to an NFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: I was in one with the Green Bay Pack. That's what I'm saying. You've been to one right so that you take a trink.
Speaker 4: You the only one.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one. I forgot the rules of the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had never been to an I have been the beat The Beatos is not bad, but the KOI is the best.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was really good. And the burning my stomach.
Speaker 4: Shot your none of them were bad.
Speaker 2: I am okay, that's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because Derek limited me. Yeah, Derek limited but alcohol. Chris would be drunk right now with.
Speaker 7: As much Chris, like the older guys, the are the ones that are going to suffer in this game because there's more things.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, Well the funny thing is like neither you or you Derek. We couldn't think of stuff for Chris. We were talking about it before the show. We couldn't think of anything I could think.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of never I could. I was like, there's I've done that.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take our final break when to come back, and I've been promising all week We're finally gonna get to it. We got some fan questions. We're going to roll through those here in the final second. Will be Backdallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog and the cheat of Savannah God believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g's it is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Faster, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 14: Don't put off getting your oil change, Dallas. Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment.
Speaker 2: Needed and no waiting room. Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 14: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember, at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 2: Off the field.
Speaker 13: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 7: Just the season for youth football and dance camps presented by a Visa Ligne. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders and former NFL players at AT and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Camps Welcome Back.
Speaker 5: It is the final segment of The Break Life in the SWBC Mortgage studios at the Star. We can get some fan questions. We got some questions that have been rolling in from Twitter all week. Let's shit, I'm let's start with Champ. He asked, wish He's wishing Lve the best, but he said, do you think that the defense has looked better faster with Bell at linebacker?
Speaker 2: Do you have a thought there? Ag on that one.
Speaker 7: I do like Bell, but I don't I missed fifty five out there too.
Speaker 6: He's been good, but I don't think think, which is crazy because we came from a period where you loved Layton. Then you were like, well, he's not doing anything he's not playing well to then Okay, he's starting to play well again, and then you give him that extract, that wine year contract, right, and then you don't have him. So it's kind of been a little roller coaster with him. But lately, I mean, he does make an impact on the field, and I think it does provide different things that Bell doesn't, but not.
Speaker 8: Even a bad way. They're just different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like they both provide stuff, but they're just they played differently.
Speaker 7: The instincts I think you missed the instincts of fifty five. I think that that Bell has the awareness and I think he understands that at his weight that he has to be on the move.
Speaker 2: He can't stay still.
Speaker 7: But man, the thing you miss is with Van der Esh, there's going to be that one game where it's and we saw it with with short Lee, that one game where he knife's through the hole. You know, he's running in knife suo and it's a negative play and now the other team has to punt or it knocks him out a field goal range. I think maybe Bell very capable of that, but just the instincts I think you miss Evander Esh right now with how he plays the coverage and the finish on Bell has been really, really, really good.
Speaker 2: But Vanderish is just I think he's at a different level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the hardest things for me to really evaluate. I don't think the defense is as good as it was at the beginning of the season, But I also don't know if that's because of opponents. I also don't know if it's because Trayvon Diggs. It's like, yeah, there are differences, but it's hard to know which difference made the biggest difference. But again, I think the defense is good. I just don't know if they're as great as I thought they were going to be going at the season. I thought this might be one of these defenses that you get a name for and you're like, oh my gosh, every week they're just shutting teams down. But again, that also was driven by they played some bad teams to start the season, and so it got us kind of.
Speaker 4: Thinking this is a transcendent defense.
Speaker 5: And I just don't know if that's also a part of this, that they weren't playing better offenses at that time.
Speaker 7: You were that elite defense. You talk about playing bad teams, play who's on your schedule?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But but but the combination of Digs and Bland and Gilmore playing in the secondary.
Speaker 7: Man, give me that right now, especially lining up and again San Francisco's and the Philadelphia's and the people like that. Seattle is gonna have a challenge for you to give me those guys if you can.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to the next question. This one comes from Keto Hubby one. He says, you foresee running by committee.
Speaker 8: From now on, running by comedian.
Speaker 5: And what I mean, I guess what he's getting, really getting, but really just kind of splitting carries almost Brian you mentioned the other day like you would kind of it wouldn't be a series type thing. It would just be like kind of using them at as you need to, switching them in and out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Mike McCarthy to his word what he said yesterday when asked about this question about giving Doubtle more opportunities.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's a game decision, game flow. That's okay. I'll buy that.
Speaker 7: I'll take two for Dowdle, one for Pollard, two for Pollard, three for Dowdell. You know, just give me, give me like it doesn't have to be serious. It has to be in and out. You know, it's like, Okay, we got something going here. We found something that they can't handle with Rico Dowdell running inside. Oh, we found something that they can't handle with Pollard going to the edge. Okay, let's do that. You know I would I would search both backs during game to try and find.
Speaker 2: What plays work running wise.
Speaker 7: If ones get stuffed, I would say, Okay, cross that one off, let's go to the next play.
Speaker 2: But you know, to me, I kind of feel.
Speaker 7: Like though teams probably are like, and we said this yesterday, teams probably feel like when Dallas runs the ball, it's a wasted play for them. Right now, you're not making them pay by your ability to run the football, and they need to kind of find a way to kind of make teams pay.
Speaker 2: For, you know, playing more coverage than worrying about the run.
Speaker 6: I would like for them to create some more of a replica of what they had going on last year between Pauler and Ezekiel Elliott, kind of a good split where you're basically taking the best of what they both can do in their own way. And also the incorporation more of lip Ke like ye there you go. See, and he was a bright spot at the beginning of the season. Some of the things that they were doing with him. It was very effective, and he was showing a lot of great traits in the running game, and all of a sudden that kind of has disappear and you've forgotten about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would definitely if you get inside, this team is one of the worst in the league when it comes to goal to go.
Speaker 2: When they get down inside that five yard line, Paula.
Speaker 7: Doesn't need to be on the field and they don't need to be running shotgun when they get inside the five. To me, it's dabble and it's an it's hunter lipkey and it's one back. You know, both of them offset whatever you want to do. I'm going with just complete power at that point in time, I'm taking Pollard off the field because I felt like that I don't get what I need out of that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: They don't block all the time, but that there's some times where Pollard just hasn't been able to find ways to get in the end zone, especially when they hand the ball off inside.
Speaker 5: All right, real quick, we'll get one more question, then we'll get to our picks. Brandon Lourie asked, he says, one position group we haven't talked a ton about this year is the safety group. The three headed monster was a force in twenty twenty two. How would you assess their place so far this year?
Speaker 7: I got in trouble because you know they if you believe the metrics of Pro Football Focus, they talked about how the Cowboy safeties were the highest rated group every week, and Hooker was an eighty and now he's in the seventies and the low seventies with his play. I challenge anybody to watch the watch the games, and just watch the safeties, and you tell me if you're playing at a.
Speaker 2: Really, really high level.
Speaker 7: I think Curse had one of his better games last week. But overall, Wilson, Curse, Hooker, they've played probably below expectations of what of what we had, you know, and I just I knew that they needed to wait to find a way to get an upgrade there if they could. I think wan Yer Thomas is an upgrade. I love his toughness, I love his ability to see the field. I love how he finishes as a tackler. I think you could put him on the field and you're not going to lose anything. I think you're actually gonna get better. You've got to figure out where to play him. But I would I would play him this safety group. Yeah, we talked about it as potentially a strength. In my heart of hearts, I never believed that with Hooker at free safety. I just never did, and I took a lot of crap for it. But if you watch the games, I think you are struggling there at free safety a little bit.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: Biggest disappointment for me would be Donovan Wilson because he's a guy that I've loved since the moment he stepped in and the way he played so aggressive, not afraid to tackle, he doesn't care, he's gonna take you down. And then all of a sudden, he's another one of those who kind of has disappear. And I was thinking while you were talking, Brian, I'm like, Okay, how much can like everyone really shine at the same time, Because you know, sometimes you're gonna have somebody that's playing better, having a good day and versus the other. But we have seen those games where everyone just plays well. It doesn't happen all the time. But then those three guys like in the safety group. It hasn't been something that we're even thinking about or like constantly talking about at all. They're kind of, I would say, stayed flat. I wouldn't say they've been terrible, but they've just been at times flat in my opinion from what I watched.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that the interesting part is we've been used to, at least over the last year or two, we've been used to seeing them mix splash plays right, and this year I can't say that I think they're playing poorly, Like, I don't think their plays. You looking at him and like, oh, that was their fault, but that was their fault. But I also don't see the splash plays. I don't see Wilson, as you said, very aggressive, breaking up passes, hitting guys, breaking them loose from the ball, Like those are the kinds of things I expect from Wilson based on how he's played to this point and this season, that those things just aren't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing about it is when if you just a real example of a play, when you talk about Hooker and sometimes the eyes that deceive him a little bit, the interception that dron Bland had when Jalen Hyatt for the Giants runs through the middle and then all of a sudden, now Hooker has to turn and adjust. You know that play, you know, Gilmore, it's he's beat and Hooker's kind of in a bad spot. And it took Bland coming from the other side of the field playing with the awareness to keep Jalen Hyatt from catching that ball, and.
Speaker 2: You get a turnover right there.
Speaker 7: See, that's the kind of thing sometimes you're like, ah, maybe the safeties aren't playing bad, but then you watch a play like that, all of a sudden, if Bland doesn't come from the other side of the field, that's a big chunk play for the Giants who hadn't had any chunk plays all game.
Speaker 2: You know, those are the kinds of things you worry about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's get to some picks.
Speaker 5: Let's see what you guys think is gonna happen this Sunday noon. Cowboys take on the Panthers. Let's start with the Amber.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Ah, well, they better win.
Speaker 2: That's it's an early game for you're traveling home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be home by eight. That's great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but that there goes your whole day.
Speaker 4: Basically, I'll take that.
Speaker 6: I mean, we gotta wake up. We gotta wake up really early to get on the bus. That's really early.
Speaker 4: We'll get on and get a run and still be back.
Speaker 6: Guys will still be puffy by the time. So yeah, there goes your whole day. But no, hopefully when I hope that this is a game where I can finally see some little light shine from the running game, I really want them to take advantage of this game to try to establish somewhat of a running game. Not that it's gonna be incredibly different than what they've done, but so thing that's trending upwards heading into December. But I expect to win against the Panthers. Otherwise you won't see me.
Speaker 8: You won't see me again.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I would imagine something like thirty five, maybe six, all right.
Speaker 7: I went to I went twenty six thirteen Dallas. In this game, I think there's going to be some times where it's not going to look pretty, you know, but they should be able to get after Young pretty well with this their offensive line. I don't really worry about the Panthers running game.
Speaker 2: All that much.
Speaker 7: I'd like to see what Amber's talking about. Maybe you get a little bit more balanced I'd love to see a Dak Prescott one of those days where he's twenty two or twenty six for two hundred and sixty two yards and three touchdowns kind of a day and they got another buck forty on the ground and we felt better about it. So give me Cowboys twenty six Panthers thirteen.
Speaker 5: All right, and I think the Cowboys win. I think they win thirty eight to six. I don't think it's really a close game, but you know that we'll see how it goes. That's the nature of football. But I do think it it kind of starts to it will start to crystallize. This conversation about road versus home.
Speaker 4: I think it's really more about good excuse me, good good teams versus bad teams.
Speaker 2: I know the feeling, but I and I really.
Speaker 5: Do think that that in this instance, this is a good team, a good Cowboys team against a bad Panther Seaman.
Speaker 4: I think the Cowboys go take care of business.
Speaker 5: All ir appreciate you guys, join us. We'll be back on Monday. We'll tell you what went right and wrong. We'll start getting you guys are ready for Thanksgiving. Well, a quick turnaround. We'll talk about that game on Monday, and then literally Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll be doing games, game previews, getting ready for Commanders on Thanksgiving Day. So to then O'Brien brought us Amber Garcia. I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 8: Hey,