Speaker 1: If you are voting in November coming up, I have a question for you. Is there a chance that you would not vote for Donald Trump and you would not vote for Joe Biden. Is there a chance you would vote for a third party candidate? Is there a chance that you would vote for RFK Junior? Rfk Jor went on CNN, and it has now gotten a lot more traction. People are like, Wow, maybe I like RFK even more because of the way he fought back on CNN. Now, there was an article in The New York Times and it said that rfk Jor could be a spoiler for Democrats if too many Democrats defect from Joe Biden and they go and vote for rfk Jor. Rfk Jor was asked a question in CNN. I'm sure thought they knew what he was going to say in response, is that Donald Trump is obviously a massive threat to our democracy. And he didn't take the bait, and then he fought back with CNN, and CNN couldn't believe that he fought back. He actually said, no, I don't think that Donald Trump is a bigger threat to democracy. In fact, I think President Joe Biden is the biggest threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: Now, this made a lot of people's eyes.
Speaker 1: Open to him. The question is was it more Republicans or Democrats. I hope that it's not Republicans. I hope it's democrats. But I want you to hear what he just said, and I think there's a lot of truth to what he said. And CNN couldn't believe that he fought back this way and said what he actually did say, which brings me back to the question, is there a chance that you are going to vote for a third party candidate.
Speaker 2: Or do you say no? I understand to two man race, take a listen.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 4: While I admire his high minded ideals, his suggestion that there is no difference between mister Warre and mister Bush is irresponsible. A moment ago, you said, you essentially see Trump and Biden is saying different different issues. But do you really believe that when people talk about the threat to democracy that Trump poses, do you really think that that is an equal Yeah.
Speaker 1: But by the way, I love how they just said that, like, well, I mean, let's they Aaron Burnett CNN Prime Time says that is like it's just everybody agrees, given fact that Donald Trump is a threat to democracy. Like you notice that te up there. That isn't a real journalistic question. That is a what we call a loaded question. It is a straight up loaded question.
Speaker 2: Keep listening, listen.
Speaker 5: I can make the argument President Biden is a much worse threat to democracy. And the reason for that is President Biden is the first candidate in history, the first president in the history, that has used the federal agencies to sensor political speech. So the sensor's opponent, I you know, I can say that because I just want a case in the Federal Court of Appeals now before the Supreme Court. It shows that he started censoring not just me for thirty seven hours after he took the other office, he was censoring me. No president in the country has ever done that. The greatest threat democracy is not somebody who questions election returns, but a president of the United States who used the power of his office to force the social media company's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to open a portal and give the access to that portal to the FBI. The CIA is the irs, Desia, the NIH to censor his political critics. As in Biden, for the first first president of history used the secret his power over the secret Service to deny secret Service protection to one of his political opponents for political reasons. He's weaponizing a federal agencies. Those are really critical threats.
Speaker 4: Tried to overturn a free and fair election. He tried to overturn one. Right, is he still finding court? How is that not a threat to democracy?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that is a threat to democracy. Him of its we're trying to overthrow the election. Clearly is the threat democracy. But the question was who is the worse threat to democracy? And what I would say is, you know, I'm not going to answer that question, but I can argue that President Biden is because the First Amendment, Aaron, is the most important. But Adams and Hamilton and Madison said, we put the guarantee of freedom expression in the First Amendment because all of our other constitutional.
Speaker 3: Rights depend on it.
Speaker 5: If you have a government that can silence its opponent, it has license for any atrocity.
Speaker 4: So, just to be clear, you're saying you could make an argument that President Biden is a worse threat to democracy.
Speaker 1: Then you hear what he's saying there and CNN can't believe it that they're in shock that he didn't take their bait the way that they thought he was supposed to. And if you go through the list, by the way of what he just said, it's a pretty compactit argument that Joe Biden, even for the liberals watching, is a bigger threat to democracy than anybody else, and including Donald Trump right now. I also think it's hilariouspiele say that Donald Trump is a threat to democracy right if, and they keep saying if he wins, if he wins, if he wins, he is the biggest threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: I fundamentally disagree with that.
Speaker 1: And the reason why is because he's already been president of the United States of America and he was the furthest thing from a threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: He was the furthest.
Speaker 1: Thing, furthest threat from democracy, a threat to democracy. In fact, he was one that was holding on to democracy, keeping up democracy. The idea that he's like a threat is absurd. He's not a threat to democracy, and he proved it when he was Presidents of America for four years. Four years. He proved it four different years. He proved it not a threat to democracy. I'm a protector of democracy. I'm a defender of democracy. I am a champion of democracy, not a threat to democracy. Democrats are now afraid that Kennedy is going to take away votes, too many votes from them, too many votes away from Joe Biden because of some of the things he's said, including what I.
Speaker 2: Just played for you.
Speaker 1: They didn't like what he had to say about Joe Biden. He said that Joe Biden was a bigger threat to democracy by silencing and censoring his opponents. He won a case in federal court on this issue, and he says that's a bigger threat to democracy than Donald Trump ever was. They didn't like that, So what they do next? Immediately said, well, hold on a second. Your family members don't even like you. They're against you. Listen to this.
Speaker 4: The candidacy that you're running has cost you a lot personally. It has cost you. Siblings, family members have spoken against what you're doing. They are angry, they're upset, they're hurt. Your sister, Worri was on our show recently and she spoke about it. JFK's grandson also posted on social media overnight something I don't know if you saw it. I wanted to play both of them.
Speaker 6: I feel strongly that this is the most important election of our lifetime, and I do worry that Bobby just taking some percentage of votes from Biden could shift the election and lead to Trump's selection.
Speaker 3: He's training in on camelot, celebrity, conspiracy theories, and conflict for personal gain and fame. I've listened to him, I know him. I have no idea why anyone thinks he should be president. What I do know is his candidacy is an embarrassment.
Speaker 4: That's your family. That's your family. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have a big family, about one hundred and five cousins on the last time, and I have siblings who are supporting me. I have I have. I have cousins and nephews and nieces who are working in my campaign. My campaign is being run by my daughter in law, you know by are. The political party that we started is shared by my cousin, Anthony Shriver. Listen, Oh, I have a big family. I don't know anybody in America who's got a family who agrees with them on everything. I don't know if that's your situation, Aaron, if you just have a family who believes everything you do is you know, like unicorns and rainbows. But uh, for you know, I would I come from a family from a milliu where we came home at night and ate dinner with my father, and he would orchestrate debates between us, and we were in the same way that his father did with him, and we could disagree on issues, and we could disagree with passion and information, but we still love each other. And I love Rory, I love my family. I feel loved by them. Listen, I understand why they don't like running. I understand. President Biden has been a forty year friend to me and my family. He is a bust of my father. Behind him on the Oval office. He talked about how my father inspired him to enter politics. There's five members of my family who work for the Biden administration, So you know, I understand why they're dismayed that I'm running against them. They're also worried that, you know what my sister said that you know my candidates, he may get Trump elected.
Speaker 4: What it does, what happens if you wake up the day after the election, we have results, and that is what happened, Well, will you regret it?
Speaker 5: What I what I said to you applies to that. I don't think either a President Trump or a president but are going to solve the death crisis in this country, which is existential. I don't think either of them are going to get us out of foreign wars.
Speaker 1: I love how scared they are right now. And again I will continue to remind you, okay, I will continue to remind you this guy is not a conservative, and they're going to try to turn him into some sort of conservative.
Speaker 2: And why is the media trying to do this?
Speaker 1: And you can tell in that interview like they're terrified that they're gonna he's gonna take more votes from Biden than he's going to take from Trump. And they've they've witnessed this, they saw how Ross Parrot Ross Parrot. A lot of people don't know the history. Ross Parrot hated George Bush forty one over a land deal. It was a land deal that went bad. A land deal, folks, a land deal, and he said, you know what I'm not I don't. I don't think Ross pro actually wanted to be president at all. I think he just wanted to cost and he could do it, and he had the money to do it. He wanted to cost George Bush forty one the presidency. That was the ultimate middle finger, the ultimate fu and he did it. He cost in the presidency by running as a third party candidate, and Bill Clinton would have never been president if it wasn't for Ross Parrot. And Ross Parrot knew exactly what he was doing. You noticed Ross pro didn't even like, you know, wasn't trying to be famous, didn't want to be famous, per se. Like when he got done running, did you ever notice what happened when he got done running? He was done, folks, Like when he got he wasn't out there pontificating on politics.
Speaker 2: After he was done.
Speaker 1: He had cost somebody he hated, personally George Bush forty one, the presidency and the Democratic Party remembers that spoilers can change who wins. And so they're like, all right, what do we do here? Okay, Like, like, what what do we do here? How does this work? Is he gonna cost Joe Biden the election? Is he going to take votes away from Joe Biden? That's the big question they're asking. RFK Junior now doing a big media tour pushing for his candidacy for the White House. And I I said this the other day on Fox News Channel when I was hosting out Numbered, that look, I want to make sure that Republicans aren't bamboozled by RFK.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure people know who he.
Speaker 1: Is, that he's a radical leftist who is actually, I think more extreme in his positions than Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: And that's saying something.
Speaker 1: Early on, there were people that I think thought that RFK was a conservative because of his stance on COVID vaccines and his stands on vaccines and mandates was one that we could agree on. But the rest of his policies are radical. How radical is RFK? I'll give you an example. He believes the government should subsidize all housing in this country, which would be the largest expansion in government history. So if your interest rate is over three percent, he believes that the government should pick up the rest of the percentage. So if you close on a house and the interest rates at eight percent or nine percent because you have bad credit, or ten percent or rates just keep going up, he believes that you should actually be subsidized by the federal government for thirty years on that loan and that you should pay no more than three percent. Now, this is a socialist's idea, it's communists mentality. He also wrote an article where he believes that you should go to jail if.
Speaker 2: You're a climate denier.
Speaker 1: The article talked about if you're a climate denier because he's a massive advocate, and a lot of people don't understand this about him. He is a massive advocate for the Green New Deal. He believes that there should be straight up mandates and hardcore mandates, mandates that make it impossible for this country to work without putting the climate first. It would decimate American jobs, a job market, it would it would decimate American manufacturing, and it's unrealistic for the fact that the rest of the world's not going to go along with this. But he doesn't care because it's a religion to him. But he actually wrote an article where he was advocating for arresting climate deniers. That is an extremist viewpoint. He's very much in favor of bail and prison reform. He thinks that we have too many Americans that are locked up, and he thinks that we should let people out of jail in mass numbers.
Speaker 2: That is who RFK is.
Speaker 1: Now, I remind you of that, just to kind of put it in perspective for you that RFK is not a conservative. Now, he again said some things during COVID that people agreed with, But that doesn't mean that you are a conservative. And I don't want any conservatives to get bamboozled over this. That's the point I want the takeaway here. Now, The question is what is he going to do as he's running. Is he going to go to the left or is he going to go the right? And where's he going to try to pick up votes? From what we're seeing so far, is he's actually going to the left now because I think he understands that the right has figured out he's not a conservative. And if you know he's not a conservative, then all right, well then be what you are, right, be a lefty.
Speaker 2: Well. RFK Junior has now come out in an interview with.
Speaker 1: CNN last night and said that Biden is a bigger threat to democracy than Donald Trump. But I want you to listen carefully to what he says because and then we'll we'll dissect this on the other side. But again RFK jor is responding to demon GOP attacks and he's a spoiler saying, well, hold on a second, Biden is a bigger threat to democracy than Trump.
Speaker 2: Does that sound like a conservative liberal position?
Speaker 5: Obviously conservative President Biden is much worse threat to democracy, and the reason for that is President Biden is the first candidate in history, the first president in history that has you use the federal agencies to censor political speech. So the censor's opponent, I, you know, I can say that because I just want a case in the Federal Court of Appeals and now before the Supreme Court. It shows that he started censoring not just me. For thirty seven hours after he took the office, he was censoring me. No president in the country has ever done that. The greatest threat democracy is not somebody who questions election returns, but a president of United States. He used the power of his office to force the social media companies Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to open a portal and give the access to that portal to the FBI, to the CIA, the IRS, Decisa, to NIH to censor his political critics. As in Biden for the first first president history to use the secret his power over the Secret Service to deny Secret Service protection to one of his political opponents for political reasons. He's weaponizing the federal agencies. Those are real critical threats.
Speaker 4: Theocrats tried to overturn a free and fair election. He tried to overturn one right, is he still finding how is that not a threat to democracy?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that is a threat to democracy. If him over trying to overthrow the election, clearly is the threat democracy. But the question was who is the worse threat to democracy? And what I would say is, you know, I'm not going to answer that question, but I can argue that President Biden is because the First Amendment, Aaron is the most important. But Adams and Hamilton and Madison said, we put the guarantee of freedom of expression in the First Amendment because all of our other constitutional rights depend on it. If you have a government that can silence its opponent, it has license for any atrocity.
Speaker 4: So, just to be clear, you're saying you could make an argument that President Biden is a worse threat to democracy than absolutely.
Speaker 5: But who else has ever tried to who else has ever tried to sent what president in history has ever tried to censor political opponents? What president has weaponized federal You know, when my father came into the Justice Department. The first week he was there, he got all of the branch and division attorneys together and he said, whatever we do, we are not going to use the power of the Justice Department for political reason you're having.
Speaker 2: He said, that ishension, and.
Speaker 4: He is the only president who's tried to overthrow the results of an election.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, let me let me say something about it. I'm not going to defend President Trump on that. That was appalling.
Speaker 1: Now you notice CNN they're frustrated because they don't know what to do with him, right, They don't, And so they went from that right because they didn't like his response to then this question, they said, well, hold on a second, your own family doesn't even like what you're doing. Your own family is not porting the way that you're running right now. So again they're worried about RFK and they don't know if they're worried about him because he's a Republican or he's a Democrat. Are trying to act like one or the other. I'm going to play for you next when they then go after him and say, well, look, your own family even says don't trust you. Your own family's not supporting your run. Here, what is extremism now to the left, it's apparently traditional family values.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: If you believe in not allowing people to turn boys into little girls and at young ages, right, like the extremism of that. If you believe in the ability to protect the lives of unborn children that shouldn't be butchered with partial births, abortion and things like that, apparently you're now an extremist. If you believe and parental rights and the state not having control of your kids to indoctrinate your children, apparently you're an extremist.
Speaker 2: That's right, you are an extremist. That's where we are.
Speaker 1: And she says that standing up for conservative ideals and values now makes you an extremist.
Speaker 2: I guess, like you're a Ghattis terrorist. I'm guessing. Okay, I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: I want you to hear what Simone Sanders said again a moment ago MSNBC this morning, saying, given the extremism we're seeing, there's a real path for Biden to actually win Florida.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Interesting, I'm going to go from gen to Simone, from Michigan to Florida, and then de Heilman about both those states. But Simone, what happened in Florida yesterday. It sort of feels like good news, bad news, but really big bad news first, because in the next few months it's going to be unimaginable what women in Florida will have to face, especially if a six week fan goes into effect as is expected. And are those stories then going to fuel I think the drive to turn the state blue in November.
Speaker 8: As you said. As you said, turning the state blue, Jonathan Lemire said, because yes, everyone feels that Florida is not a blue or a blue place. Really it used to be purple. Increasingly it has become red. But in the last couple of cycles, particularly, I'm thinking about the special election, the runoff election in Jacksonville, Florida for mayor, where for the first time in ever, a woman is the mayor of Jacksonville, Florida, Mayor Donna Degan, and she's only the second Democrat to lead that city in thirty years. Abortion was a part of that story. Democrats in Florida have been organizing, Mika, and because of that organizing, I think they are seeing gains.
Speaker 2: What the Florida.
Speaker 8: Supreme Court did yesterday they ruled in favor of the fifteen week abortion ban. And last year when the Republican legislators in Florida passed that six week abortion ban, and they passed it because people were coming to Florida to get a bortions because it was one of the only places left in the Southeast where you could get an abortion if that is what you needed, that was the care that you needed. Well, Ronda Santras didn't like that, and so he pressured the legislature to pass an even stricter abortion ban, and they wrote in that provision that win there if the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the fifteen week, the sixteenth, the sixth week would automatically go into effect. And that's where we had this thirty days. And so Democrats, and I just read this in punchbol News before I came on, are launching, particularly in Florida today their field hearings House Democrats. House Democratic Leader Hakim Jeffries is down there with a host of Democrats Florida Democrats like Debbie Washerman Sults, but also folks like Barbara Lee, who has been a reproductive rights champion for a long time. And this is the part of a six month campaign. House Democrats are saying to really make Florida ground zero for the reproductive rights right fight and reproductive freedom. And you couple that with the Biden ad. Democrats definitely think that Florida. There's a path of them in Florida. And I don't think they're wrong given the extremism that was seeing.
Speaker 1: Extremism protecting children being butchered is now extremism. Extremism, Okay, extremism that is that is extremism. I don't believe that Democrats are going to win on this.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I understand that get some women voters fired up doing the right thing can irritate people on the other side.
Speaker 2: That's the truth.
Speaker 1: They had another extremists Democrat on talking about this abortion issue saying this about what Florida is.
Speaker 8: Doing, stremism that was seeing, well.
Speaker 7: Thanks to Donald Trump, and he does take the credit for the overturning of Roe and all the different things that have happened as ripple effects to that momentous decision taking away fifty years of rights. And I just want to point out, as we turn to John Hammon on all of this, you know, the far right and Trump Republicans and abortion right to life activists, they've poisoned the word abortion. They make it sound like some sort of crime by some sort of lazy woman who is immoral. The hypocrisy is incredible, But I won't digress. You don't want me to do that. At the same time, I think that democrats need to be smart with their words. I would take the word life. I would take the word life, life of the mother. Especially with the cases of unviable pregnancies, we see mothers lives at risk, right to have life IVF, right to have a family. I would take their word, and I would tell them what to do with it. But it's abortion healthcare. It is this part of our normal health care that needs to get out there.
Speaker 2: But by the way, I love how they frame this.
Speaker 1: It's normal health care. You hear that, it's normal health care. Just so you know what the Forida law says. The Forida law says if the mother's life is in danger, you can have the abortion. Doesn't say you can't. So they're just straight up lying to you. And if they're willing to lie to you about that, what else are they going to lie to you about. They're willing to lie to you about that. My other question is are they lying to you about the actual issue of abortion? Like, are they lying to you about the actual issue of abortion? I would argue yes, they are. They are arguing they are lying to you about the actual issue of abortion.
Speaker 2: And they sit there.
Speaker 1: And they tell you, no, no, no, you don't understand. This is about the life of the mother. The life of the mother is already protected. This is propaganda. Bad news for women in Florida. Not if you're a female in the womb, it's good news for you. That's great news for future women of Florida. Keep listening.
Speaker 7: That message needs to be said to Democrats and Republicans who will vote on this issue because it affects their everyday life. So John Hellman Michigan and.
Speaker 9: Florida, go well, I Meanca, first of all, I think that the message that you're putting forward there as is that that's out there. I think there are a lot of Democrats who are hearing that message. And we've seen that obviously over the course of everything in that post the period of post ops politics. And you know, just to re emphasize in Florida, which I think is the more well Florida is our new is the news year. So I'll try to do that one first. Uh, you know, Florida is the emphasise the human cost of this and you said the good news bad news. Obviously, this decisions yesterday is bad news for women in Florida, bad news for everybody who loves women in Florida, bad news for women's healthcare in Florida, at least for the time being. As a political matter, I'm here, sitting here. I got Simone Sanders on one side. I got Lamiro over on the other side. Let's just let's put it this way. You know, Florida is a state that that Broughck Obama won twice. Hillary Clinton lost it by I think a point and a half or so in twenty sixteen, and Joe Biden lost it about double that amount, about three points something three and a half points or something into in twenty twenty, Trump increased his margin there.
Speaker 2: Why did that happen.
Speaker 9: It happened almost entirely for one reason, which was the Hispanic vote in Florida, where Donald Trump did overperformed anybody's expectations in Florida in twenty twenty. What's happened with Latino votes over the course of the last three years, Trump has, by all pulling that we have, has gotten stronger with Hispanics than he was three years ago. This is why people like John Lamir and a lot of people in the Biden campaign look at Florida, have looked at Florida and said, until this day, have looked at Florida and said, that's not a battleground state anymore. That's not in the six or seven states that are going to swing the election. The big caveat to that is this Dobbs, this post Dobbs era and an injecting abortion into the debate in Florida. It is going to change things in Florida. It is going to bring out new kind of democratic energy, at least if we judge it on the base of everything else we've seen post Dobbs. The question I think is where are we going to be when we get to September. And I don't think you can say right now that there's anybody who is telling the truth in the Biden campaign who says that they are convinced today that Florida is now state they're going to go spend money in, They're going to try to turn that into a battleground state. There's just too much data that suggests that it might be out of reach. But I do think that if we get to September and that race looks and things have tightened, there to the point where it does look winnable, you may see that become a reach state for the Biden campaign, and that would obviously alter the whole calculus the election. If Florida became a thing that was within reach for Joe Biden, it would change the whole trajectory, change the whole battle, the whole Battogrand matrix for the race, because you really would go from not just six or seven states, but you'd have this additional state with a giant number of electoral votes suddenly in play. I were right now sitting here today. I'm not going to bet on that, but I'm certain the Biden get paid is going to push at it over the course of the next few months to see if they can nudge it into that vicinity.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love this guy.
Speaker 1: He's like a hardcore lefty, but he's like, I'm not gonna look like an idiot on national TV. And he just basically said to them, like, Hey, what you're saying probably not gonna happen. Like, hey, what you're describing, probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: What you're telling.
Speaker 1: People is like that this is in play and that this is a real chance. Yeah, probably not right like probably not, probably not, probably not gonna happen. Yeah, because it's not gonna happen. It's Florida, and the women in Florida are I guess, smarter than the women at MSNBC, which it's not hard to do. It's not really even a compliment. But this we're gonna turn Florida and women are going to be angry in Florida. I don't believe it. I think the majority of women are actually in favor of choosing life. They're in favor of choosing life. As always, please please share our podcasts anywhere you are on social media.
Speaker 2: It helps other people find this show.
Speaker 1: Please write us a five star review that helps us as well, and we'll see you back here tomorrow