Speaker 1: Nowhere wolves in London this week, but there are jaguars and bears, including Caleb Williams, who last week looked like a dog. I was told I only get one animal pun per show, so I will leave the rest of Cole Comet, who caught up with our Stacy Dales.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson finally off the injury.
Speaker 1: Report, so what will it take for him to get on the field, maybe even Sunday against the Raiders. We go inside the Steelers evolving QB conundrum.
Speaker 2: No words for steamrolling people on this show.
Speaker 1: We were told that was taken, but we do have one of Kyle Brandt's favorite angry runners, Lions running back David Montgomery will be here to tell us how he plans to stiff arm that Cowboys. D We would never stiff arm you in real life. That could be a felony. Welcome inside with the Insiders alongside Ian Rapaport, I am Tom Pelisero. Week six guys off to a wild start last night in Seattle. We've got some injury fallout from that in just a little bit, but first let's look ahead at some pretty significant injuries impacting the rest of this Week six slate. End quite possibly a bunch of your fantasy teams. Jon Robinson he's off the injury report, good to go. Nick Chubb still working his way back from the knee. This would be early. He's been ruled out. So it is Jonathan Taylor that's two to row with a high ankle sprain. Brian Robinson Junior listed is questionable again, once again listed as a game time decision. Though Robinson played last week what seemed to bode well. Also, the Bills running back James Cook not practicing Thursday or Friday because of a toe issue. Let's see if he gets out there on Saturday. If not, that would be a big loss as they get set to face the Jeff Oldrick led Jeds Jets rather on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I mentioned it the Steelers are gonna.
Speaker 1: Have Russell Wilson in uniform and technically active this time as the number two quarterback this week. Mike Tomlin said that is the likely scenario, which means once again, Justin Fields is QB one for Pittsburgh Ian. We continue to take these kind of baby steps toward Russell Wilson actually playing in a football game. There's a plausible scenario here if Justin Fields gets banged up during the course of the game, whatever it might be, that Wilson would be the next man up. But what does it say to you that, here we are week six, the calf is fully healed, He's a full participant in practice. It still Fields for now getting a nod against Vegas.
Speaker 3: Justin Fields is the starter and he's earned it. That's what this says to me. Now, Mike Tomlin has never come right out and said it, and if you notice, he has specifically avoided saying this guy, Justin Fields is my starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think that honestly.
Speaker 3: Makes sense considering the conversation they have with Russell Wilson before he signed. Considering Russell Wilson had pole position to be the starter before the spring and again into training camp. Russell Wilson, in his mind clearly believes that he is going to be the starter at some point. He has been positive, I would say optimistic, believing that would.
Speaker 4: Be the case. It's just you can't take Justin Fields off the field yet.
Speaker 3: I know the last couple of games have been a little bumpier, but certainly has done more than enough to solidify his job as the starting quarterback for this game.
Speaker 4: If he struggles again this game.
Speaker 3: If he's struggling, it'd have to Mike Toomin's going to face all of those questions that no coach really wants to face when Field goes out and wins. If he goes out and plays well, then it'll simply continue like this, with Russell Wilson being healthy and not the starting quarterback but ready if needed.
Speaker 1: Or perhaps at some point Russell Wilson saying maybe I'd rather go someplace else that I could actually play. I don't think the Steelers would be interested in that, after all the quarterbacks they went through last year. But there's a lot of interconnected parts here as we talk about how this evolves here in the coming weeks. The Colts also have a quarterback situation and it revolves around Anthony Richardson's oblique injury that he suffered a couple of weeks ago. Now he didn't play last week. Joe Flacco got the nod. The Colts lost that game, but Flacco played at a really high level. Richardson was a full participant in practice on Thursday, limited on the injury report on Friday, they're listing him as questionable Shane steiken is indicated that that is going to be a game time decision. Ian, It's gonna be interesting to see at a time that Shane Steikeen has made abundantly clear Anthony richards is the starter if healthy. Is he one hundred percent healthy and ready to go this week?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, it seems like he is not one hundred percent healthy to go this week.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he's not going to play.
Speaker 3: The indications have been, especially because he was a full participant on Thursday, the indications have been that he will probably play, is going to be they said, game time decision. There is always a chance that they check him out tomorrow and they end up changing his status member. They did that last week, downgraded him to doubtful. I believe it was downgraded him to doubtful giving us an indication that Joe.
Speaker 4: Flacco would start. So his status could always change.
Speaker 3: But they've been very specific too, saying that Anthony Richardson is the starter when fully healthy, but if he was limited in practice on Friday, if he still lists with that oblique injury that some including me, have called a hip injury, it's all interconnected. Speaking of interconnected it's all basically the same. Does that open a window for Joe Flacco to start if Richardson isn't feeling one hundred hundred percent That's what it seems like to me. That Richardson goes out and warms up and if he's not somehow himself maybe then Flacco ends up going.
Speaker 1: And then by the way, I want to get Will They've made clear right, they've said Will Levis is the starter.
Speaker 2: If he is healthy, he's off the report and he is going to go right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this is where the team thought it would be, uh, you know, to start the weekend, and really thought it would be to start last week as well.
Speaker 4: They had to buy he had an ac injury.
Speaker 3: Remember landed hard doing that kind of superman dive uh early on in the in their.
Speaker 4: Game two weeks ago, right before the bye.
Speaker 3: All indications oar Levis has had a really good week of practice, and now it starts where you know, what they want and we've talked to this before. What they want is for him to go out and play mistake free football and really limit some of the gaps that he's at earlier. He's healthy enough to play. He is healthy enough to limit some of those issues. We saw a little bit of Mason Rudolph. The hope is that you don't see more of them, but Levis certainly needs to play in a way that he does not always or hasn't always this season.
Speaker 1: Well saw another forty nine Ers running back get banged up last night. It was Jordan Mason who was sidelined because of a shoulder injury. I made the mistake of tweeting when he came back in to start the second half. Fantasy teams exhaled that he played one snap and we didn't see him again.
Speaker 2: What's the latest?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 4: Notice that? Yep?
Speaker 3: That was one of your all time jinxes. I would say not as bad as when Mike texted a group that about how great Jayden Daniels was. Then he threw an interception one play later. But anyway, Jordan Mason has an ac joint sprain, not considered to be made, considered to be day to day, which is good. They have extra days. They played last night. That was Thursday, today's Friday. There's games on Sunday and also Monday, and then the next week is when the forty nine Ers play. My understanding is he should be good to go, then this is an injury that he can manage. And the fact that the forty nine ers have come out and said Kyle Shannan had said it today, No Christian McCaffrey playing next week against the Chiefs makes you makes it all the more important that Jordan Mason be out there with the first team. Well though, as we saw from Isaac Garrendo, basically you could put anyone out there and they could run for eighty yards.
Speaker 1: There is no better Ian than the ian who is explaining how calendars work. Meanwhile, it's been a couple of weeks since we saw Giants wide receiver Molik Neighbors on the field, since he suffered a concussion in that Thursday night game. Once again ruled out for Sunday night's game against the Bengals. A significant losses, they come up on a pretty big game, an opportunity against the Bengals team that has been slumping but has a lot of talent. Brian Dable said that he is certainly progressing through the protocol, but not ready to roll just yet. That is just one of the other injuries to non running backs that we're monitoring here. There's even more running backs, including Devin Singletary, the Giants running back who was listed as questionable, he said at last week's game because of a groin injury. Joe Mix has missed three straight games because that high ankle spring listed is questionable, so this is the closest he's been to returning. Michael Pittman Junior dealing with a back issue. He is also listed as questionable. Devonte Adams, no surprise there, he is out with a hamstring. In general, unhappiness and some good news, Eagles wide receivers AJ Brown and Devonte Smith both off the injury report and expected to play for a Philadelphia team that needs them badly as they get the set to take on the Browns. A former Eagle who we only have highlights of wearing an Eagles uniform because he's not even practice with the Jets, Hassan Reddick remains a holdout. He's approaching ten million dollars deep in fines and lost salary.
Speaker 2: He needs a new agent as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, his agents at CAIA have parted ways with Hassan Reddick, and it rarely happens the way this happened. Almost never, the agency deciding that they would not represent the player anymore. And you know, my understanding of this situation is, Hassan Reddick has received all sorts of advice. There has been work on his behalf, from his agents at CAAA, to people close to him, to his family. There's been advice on trying to get him to show up and stop getting fined and take what is there and just show up and play. And if he don't get the multi year deal that he wants, and obviously that is no longer happening, then go out kill it and cash it next year. Hassan Redick, if my understanding, has basically stopped responding, stopped talking to anyone. And at that point, if the agent's not getting the callback, if the agent is not if the advice is being given and not followed, then what are we doing. Hassan Reddick fired by CIA and now his meeting set up with new agents.
Speaker 2: And this is how things happen when you're throwing good money after bad, which he continues to do. We got games this weekend.
Speaker 1: It all kicks off very very early in London right here on NFL Network. It is the Jaguars and the Bears. Who's tight end. Cole commit caught up with our Stacey Dale's in London.
Speaker 6: What an absolute delight to be joined by tight end Cole Commett of the Chicago Bears here in London.
Speaker 7: Welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is great. Yeah, this is awesome, crazy cool set up here in London has been awesome. And the setup here at Hansbury has been great so far.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the setup with your offense has been pretty damn good too. It has been a couple of games to be clicking two in a row's what's been clicking well.
Speaker 8: I think it's hard not to mention the quarterback Caleb has been outstanding, I think the past two weeks, and you know, obviously seeing that the solvit numbers climb up last week and the week before against the Rams, were super efficient, making really good decisions all the type of things, and really just operating the.
Speaker 7: Offense at a really high level.
Speaker 8: And I think us around him, you know, we've been doing a better job of communicating and being more detailed in our stuff, and I think that's led to get success in the offense.
Speaker 6: He told us in meetings this week, call that you guys are are locker meets. You get guys have been really close. Actually invited him to your engagement party.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He also told us that you were the first one in the huddle to say you're wrong. Yeah yeah, tell us what that was those moments were like earlier.
Speaker 8: Well, I think for me it comes from respective of helping him out, and you know, you want him to let him figure out in the huddle all those things. But I feel like I know the playbook and I know our offense pretty well, and I know if I hear those first three words, I know that I know if he's on the right track or not.
Speaker 7: So try and get him on the right track as much as I can.
Speaker 8: And that was happening early on in OTAs, but that's been much less, you know now, and he's become a master of himself of the offense, and it's been really cool to see it and make it his own as well.
Speaker 6: Master of the offense tell me more like from week one to now, the pastor and just keeps jumping.
Speaker 4: But what specifically is.
Speaker 2: He figured out.
Speaker 8: I think he's just gaining more confidence himself in terms of telling coach what he likes and what he feels comfortable with and obviously recognizing defensive coverages and all those things, and those are things that as a rookie that it's really hard to pick up early on, and he's done a good job week to week getting better and better at those things. And you know, I know, the guys around him, including myself and the long the receivers in the offensive line, we've been helping him as much as we can. But he's just done a great job of learning and becoming a true pro and you know, just really proud of how far has come so far.
Speaker 6: Two things that I've loved with this offense that has changed in my just vantage point is they're using you a lot. You've been outstanding, and there's a significant difference in the run game. Give us an explanation on your involvement in this thing, and then just how much that ground game will starting with Swift.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, well I think with myself, I know, we have a lot of pieces here, and it's cool to be in a room, in an offensive group when you got Deandro Swift in the backfield, obviously myself at tight end, you got Keenan Allen and DJ Moore to the top receivers in the league, and then Ron Maduonzay, who's just been absolutely fantastic, And you know, I know his production has been crazy outstanding.
Speaker 7: But if you watch him.
Speaker 8: Turn on the film, he's doing some really really good stuff and I've been really proud.
Speaker 7: Of him and what he's been doing so far. Just a true pro.
Speaker 8: So we got a lot of good talent on our offense, and trying to figure out how how bad outfits in the puzzle you know, might have been was a little bit difficult, I think in the first couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: But I think we found a good little formula here so far.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I know, but you know, being more involved in the run game has been big, I think, and you know, helping Swift out with some of that stuff, and then you know Rochean coming in and being able the guy that could be on the goal line and just get that tough yard and doing all those things. So I think we're playing in the guy's strengths more often now the past couple weeks, and I think that's benefited everybody.
Speaker 6: Is there anything that surprised you about the rookie quarterback in just an astounding way?
Speaker 7: Well, the first when.
Speaker 8: I first met him, it was you hear all the all the stuff about all the rumors about who he is and his personality and how he's like some locker room diva and it just couldn't be more of the opposite. So he is, he's the man, he's the best, and he's uh. He just brings a great presence to the locker room and a great energy and you know, we love.
Speaker 6: Having him around, enjoyed taking him.
Speaker 7: I will, I will, I'll join Tottenham. I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 6: A lot of Bears fans traveled.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looks like they do. I haven't seen round London, so that's been.
Speaker 6: Good, right bear down Cole comment, thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: Forty nine Ers have a stud young quarterback as well, and brock Purty delivered over and over last night in a win over the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: What else do we take away from a big night.
Speaker 1: In the NFC West Our Brian Baldinger will be here to break it all down next on The Insiders. Gino Smith and the Seahawks trying to snap a two game losing streak against the forty nine Ers, and brock Purty, who entered at four to know in his career against Seattle.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert, he did not take a loss.
Speaker 1: That ball seemed to hang up in the air forever but it found Deebo Samuel. One of those nights where everything brock Party butt in the air turned into gold. That one right there made it ten to nothing in favor of the forty nine Ers. Fourth quarter, now Seahawks actually within twenty three seventeen. This got interesting, and then, as Mike McDonald said today, Geno Smith threw it into a team picture. That's a big interception for Ronardo Green DK Metcalf very frustrated Gino Smith trying to put those childhood karate lessons to use and break the Microsoft surface tablet. You're not going to be able to do that, sir one. More of the forty nine Ers ensuing drive Purty George Kittle, the ribs are just fine his second touchdown of the night. Go celebrate with the wife. Forty nine Ers win thirty six to twenty four. Welcome back to the Insiders, Tom Pelicero, now joined by our Brian Baldinger.
Speaker 2: Baldi, break it down.
Speaker 1: What's your biggest takeaway off that NFC West thriller The quarterback?
Speaker 9: The quarterback was a difference. Brock Party was very good for the second time this season so far in six games. He threw three touchdowns and interceptions, they put up a season high thirty six points. The touchdowns to George Kittle were absolute dimes. I mean the throw over the middle, well, I mean one throw after another that we could just go through them right here. But from the pocket, you know, finding a Kittle right there. He had a big, big Knight and you know it could be anybody.
Speaker 10: In any given night.
Speaker 9: But when you make a throw like that to be Julian Love, like he's throwing that to a postage stamp right in front of the pyelone, that's perfect. This throw second read split the safeties right there. Jenkins in Love can't throw it any better than that one right there.
Speaker 10: So I thought rock Perty was actually know.
Speaker 9: The other thing he does, though, Tom is he escapes, he stands, and then he creates.
Speaker 10: He's excellent with his legs. He's amongst the league elites.
Speaker 9: And then the run game, I mean this guy, Isaac Corndo, I mean, look, Jordan Mason starts the game off with this thirty eight yarder right now presently going into this weekend, he leads the league in rushing.
Speaker 10: He's been outstanding.
Speaker 9: But he goes out with that shoulder injury and in comes the rookie, and the rookie was fantastic.
Speaker 10: I mean he has his you know, ten carries.
Speaker 9: He has ninety nine yards, including the longest run and the longest play from scrimmage this year, this seventy six yard run.
Speaker 10: He's got top flight speed.
Speaker 9: That's why they drafted him at two hundred and twenty pounds and give him the carries like I don't know, like just maybe everybody can get a hundred yards. In San Francisco, they ran the ball very, very well, and it's always been how they want to get these games started and how they want to.
Speaker 10: Execute their offense.
Speaker 9: It's always going to come back to the run game, and Grendo stepped up when Jordan Mason went down forty.
Speaker 1: Nine ers in Seahawks now tie atop the NFC West, though Ian the Cardinals have a chance to pull on that picture as well this weekend.
Speaker 3: From the forty nine ers to the team that beat them last week. That was kind of a great game the Arizona Cardinals. The resurgent Arizona Cardinals and one of the stunners of this NFL season. We saw Kyler Murray wave goodbye to everyone just a little bit early and there was a lot to like from the Cardinals, and I think something that really made us look at them in a little bit of a different way. I want to bring in our good friend Omar Ruiz, who, of course has seen plenty of well Packers. You saw last week live, You've seen plenty of the Arizona Cardinals. Been there all week at practice, Omar, thank you for joining us on the insiders.
Speaker 4: Cardo's offense a lot to like.
Speaker 3: Can they find consistency this week against a Packers defense that has had plenty of takeaways?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they're looking for.
Speaker 11: Ian Cardinals offense so far this season has been perfect in a couple of big categories. They are seven for seven, scoring touchdowns every time they've been in a goal to go situation, and every game so far this season they're opening possession five for five they've scored touchdowns. Now, I ask Kyler Murray, is that just giving an unscripted look on that first opening series? And he said it could be some of that, but against the forty nine ers it was a two play series, he said. More importantly, it's the attitude that they come out with that they want to hit their opponents in the mouth. They want to play fast, they want to play physical, they want to play aggressively, and that's what they've done and that's what they hope to continue to do in lambeau Field. And they know they're going against that Packer defense that leads the league in takeaways, highlighted by Xavier McKinny and those five interceptions Kyler Murray saying they're not going to play scared against mcginney. But Jonathan Gannon told me they'll be aware where McKinny is, and more importantly, they'll know why McKinny has been so successful so far this season and look to avoid those situations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just make sure you know where he is and just try to throw the ball somewhere where he's not.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably good advice. Let's flip this around.
Speaker 3: You get a really young, talented, young Cardinals secondary going against a really prolific Green Bay Packers passing him.
Speaker 4: How does that break down for you?
Speaker 3: And then you know there's another kind of cool family story tell on.
Speaker 4: Don't you tell us about the mountains too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 11: Ian, But I asked Jonathan Gannon their wins so far this season, have been against Kyle Shanahan of the forty nine ers, Sean McVay and the Rams, and now they face Matt Lafleur and the Packers. And you were recalling several years ago when you would face one of those guys, you'd have a pretty good idea later in the season when you would face one of the others. And I asked Gann and if that's still a pl now that they've been head coaches for so long independent of one another, and he says, certainly, when they're watching the Packers tape, they see some things that they recognize that the forty nine ers like to do. They recognize some things at the Rams like to do. Matt Lafleur has emerged as such a great play caller in his own right, such a great head coach that Josh Jacobs and this prolific offense is something that they have to have a healthy respect for independently. But what jumps out to them is how they frequently like to go deep, how Jordan Love likes to push the ball downfield. And so Cardinals defenders and talking to them this week, they'll.
Speaker 2: Be very aware of that. They've noticed some tendencies about Jordan Love.
Speaker 11: They'll look to capitalize on Jordan Love's five interceptions in his three games, Cardinals looking to add to that. And perhaps nobody more excited about this matchup than Max Melton about to go against his brother Bo Melton. They grew up in the backyard playing against one another. They faced each other for two years at Rutgers in practice and now for the first time they'll go against each other in the NFL. To have several family and friends making the trip from New Jersey, so they couldn't be more thrilled to go against this which really, like you mentioned, I a young secondary for the Cardinals against a young Packers receiving course, so that should be a great matchup within the matchup to watch on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm not watching this game unless I see a lot of shots of the half Melton jersey, you know, one green and one red or whatever the colors end up being like, that's I'm not watching and guaranteed to see that. There you go, Omar, Thank you very much as always for joining us. Looking forward to having you back very very soon. Did we mention that there's a game in London this week? Did we mention that there were two big time, big name quarterbacks. Both of them, by the way, were former number one overall picks. We got Trevor versus Caleb and man, there is a lot to like.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it. Coming up next on The Insiders.
Speaker 1: Finally, some good news on the injury front for the Eagles. Davante Smith, who missed lest game with the concussion, he is back.
Speaker 7: So is A J.
Speaker 1: Brown, who has missed a significant amount of time with his hamstring injury. Right tackle Lane Johnson also back in the mix for a Philadelphia team that sure needs to get a little spark going coming out of the Buy. Welcome back to the Insiders, joined once again by our friend Brian Baldinger. Baldi, you got the game on Sunday. It is Eagles, Browns.
Speaker 2: What are you looking for?
Speaker 10: I'm looking for an improved Eagles defense.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 9: You know, they're coming off the Buy, coming off the worst game before that against Tampa in Tampa where they really didn't play well at all in any phase of the game, and so I'm looking for them to rebound. It really kind of starts up front, I believe with jay Leen Carter when he played his best game of the year in New Orleans. The Saints scored twelve points. He affected this game. He sets the tempo up front. He's their best defensive player and he has to emerge because when he's the force, everybody around who plays better. And so you know we're going to see a chance here for you know, some of these young guys. Dejine probably gets to start at the nickel. You probably see Quinnon Mitchell at corner. You want to see Darius Slay. I mean they have two interceptions, two takeaways all year, both by Reid Blanket Ship. You'd like to see other guys get involved in either forcing fumbles or taking the ball away. That starts with pressure upfront from their defensive line led by jay Lencarter. I'm looking for that group to kind of lead to charge at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Baldy, you're the best. Thank you as always.
Speaker 1: That is a one game Eastern kickoff on Sunday, which means we're to be three and a half hours into football because live from London, Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars take on Caleb Williams and the Bears right here on NFL Network. So rise, shine and watch Sunday October thirteenth. That's two days away, nine thirty am Eastern only on NFL Network and NFL Plus subscription required for NFL Plus. Already in London, our Stacy Dibbs.
Speaker 6: As the Jags and Bears get set to face off on Sunday here in London, Jacksonville is certainly hoping it can build upon its first victory of the year. Head coach Doug Peterson talking this week though and reminding us they had a couple of games in London last year. They won both of them could serve as an opportunity to really start a hot streak for this group as they see the Patriots next week. But they've got to get through the Bears, who have won two in a row. And we know the defense is good, but the offense has certainly evolved. One of the messages from head coach Matt Eberfluss to his young rookie quarterback Caleb Williams to get things underway this season is you've got to know this offense inside and out. It's going to take some time. You got to know it to get your teammates to respect you, and then you have got to go to them. You are the orchestrator of this thing, and that is exactly what has happened. The dialogue has gone up between Williams and his playmakers and you are seeing it manifest on the field. He has, in his words, told us this week, he's more disciplined at the quarterback position. The offensive line has held a firmer pocket, and the run game has been much better DeAndre Swift since Week four two hundred and eighty five yards from scrimmage, and they're hoping some of that complimentary football can show up here in London as the Bears look for win number four this season.
Speaker 1: Thank you Stacey, as we welcome back Ian Rapport and welcome in our buddy Adam Rank inside with NFL Fantasy Live. All Right, you got Bears Jaguars on Sunday in London. Who's somebody ranked?
Speaker 2: You get it? Do you want to crown in this game from that Bears team?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Keenan Allen. As we've seen.
Speaker 12: We've seen a lot of people talking about Roma Dunesay this week, but as the Bears continue to progress offensively, I think it's important to get Keenan Allen involved. I know that he dropped what would potentially have been Caleb Williams first touchdown pass of his career, and it's never been right since he's obviously battling some injuries and things like that. But he's got a great opportunity this week against the Jags, who have allowed the most fantasy points per game to wide receivers this season.
Speaker 4: They've given up the most receiving.
Speaker 12: Yards, and as this offense continues to grow, I think it's important to get Keenan Allen involved, and I think we're going to see a concerted effort right.
Speaker 4: There by on.
Speaker 3: Aren't the Jaguars the royal team? I mean, they're the ones who are in London all the time?
Speaker 4: Can you give me? Can you crown someone of the Jaguars for me? Please?
Speaker 12: You know I'm going to crown Travis Etn. And I think a lot of fantasy managers were freaking out last week because Tank Bigsby had a huge game and everybody was going nuts and they're like, what's happening with Travis Etn? But I honestly believe like it's a one game blip. These things happened during the course.
Speaker 2: Of his season.
Speaker 12: The Jags need to go back to him, need him to be well in order to be successful. And when you look at this, it might be a little bit of a fifty to fifty split, but I think that ETN has a good opportunity because one of the things that we've noticed about the Bears, they've not allowed a lot of points over the last what thirteen games, They've not allowed somebody to go over twenty one points. The thing is they give up a lot of yards, especially on the ground. We've seen Kyen Williams and Chuba Hubbard both get after them with some injuries. Defensively, I think they're going to try to establish a run, and I think this is a huge bounce back game for Travis ATM rank.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you as always, Thank you for joining us. Looking forward to seeing you in I don't know, just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, go a way.
Speaker 3: We got better things to talk about, including that guy right there, David Montgomery, the star running back to the Detroit lines.
Speaker 4: Is he on my fantasy team and has been killing it this whole year. I don't know. Maybe we're not gonna ask him because that's just kind.
Speaker 3: Of rude, but we will celebrate him, and we will celebrate his angry runs coming up next on The Insiders.
Speaker 8: This isn't supposed to happen, dump it down and collision time.
Speaker 10: Boume, Come on, how am I not supposed to hype about.
Speaker 2: Dave because he's still going.
Speaker 12: He's still he's running through my heart and my segment and.
Speaker 8: Everybody with Seattle unbelievable bound.
Speaker 10: Oh, that's what I get out of bed for.
Speaker 2: That is football.
Speaker 10: That is physical, guys.
Speaker 12: It's going back to Detroit for the second time in one month.
Speaker 8: Day is taking over the segments I.
Speaker 10: Love you, I'm afraid of you.
Speaker 1: It is all coming up Hanna Lulu Blue. That's the bottom line because David bleeping.
Speaker 3: Montgomery set so, I mean, does it get any better than that? Seriously, the Detroit Lions have a stud on their hands in David Montgomery, and the fact that they have two of them and Jamier Gibbs makes this offense all better. Let me welcome in my good friend David Montgomery from the Detroit Lions, now the two time recipient of the GMFB stepter from Kyle Brant.
Speaker 4: David, let me ask you a question. When you see.
Speaker 3: Kyle do that and you're reliving those runs where you just put people in the dirt.
Speaker 4: What goes through your head?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm a pretty self spoken person and I don't really talk much, but I think it's cool to see. But to see how much energy Kyle has and how contagious it is, I think it's super super cool to know that I'm a part of it.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: How much when you have runs like that? How much like how much recall do you have it? I'm like, you're do you just go dark? And it's like you you see the highlight and you're like, wow, did I just do that? Or are you like every second like I remember how his face when I hit him here? Like how much recall do you have when you have those kinds of runs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have more recall on like what I feel like I could have done better, you know, like I could have done so much more better in that play and I didn't, like I didn't, you know, use the best food that I had, or I didn't do everything as I.
Speaker 10: Could in that one run or that one play.
Speaker 5: So I think I'm always just trying to get better, trying to improve every chance I get.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: So we came into showing the the duo of lines. Running backs, you got you, you got Jamiir Gibbs really one of the NFL, maybe the best NFL running back duo. I know you guys are always competitive. I know you push each other. What's it like in that running back room and you have two guys who have been as unbelievably productive as both of you guys have been.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's been great.
Speaker 5: I think it's rare that you are able to find two like humans who hold each other to a certain standard for one another, because we know we're capable of But if you're able to get a group of guys like everybody like only they always talk about like me and Jeer right, and that's important, but like no one really talks about like our room in told tavern right, Like we got.
Speaker 4: Some special dudes in that room.
Speaker 5: And Craig Reynolds, you know, Jamar JEFFERSONIONI Rocky, Like all of those guys got different kind of personalities, but they so well, like it said, a big, large amount. It makes you want to play for those guys, and it makes you want to, you know, hold each up to a high standard to where like when we had practicing, don't feel like practice. It feel like We're just trying to make each other better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see that that all comes out on the field, just just the high standard that that everyone is held to. And you know the clips we were showing there of the Seattle game, your quarterback Jared Goff was I mean perfect?
Speaker 4: Was he was literally perfect?
Speaker 3: I don't does he surprise you anymore? Because I think a lot of people are watching were like GoF was perfect. But like you see it every day in practice, does that kind of performance surprise you?
Speaker 7: Not at all?
Speaker 5: By no means at all. I like to say, like Detroit is like the land of misfit toys, right, Like you get to a place like you got a group of guys who aren't working always the best, or you get a group of guys, you know, save Brown, like he didn't go first round.
Speaker 4: You know I didn't go first round.
Speaker 5: Everyone talks about Jared like come from La to here, Like it's just a lot of guys who just want to win, and they want to do it for one another and with one another, which makes us all play at a different kind of level to where we can hold each other account. So when you talk about Jared Golf, you ask me, like if my surprise no, not at all. Like I'm so excited for what I know he's going to do next and what he's capable of doing because he showcases it and he leads to us in a way to where it's contagious and infectious.
Speaker 3: Well, he also caught a pass, which a touchdown pass I believe.
Speaker 4: And look, he's a good athlete.
Speaker 3: I think that's not a surprise that that was a very cool looking play a couple of weeks ago, sort of a Philly special type thing. But here's my question, So you were I believe the fake on that play, but you played quarterback if I'm not mistaken, So why didn't you throw it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: That's kind of someone's that's messed up there? Right? No, na scared.
Speaker 5: We had the conversation, me and me and me and coach just had the conversation. We laughed about it a little bit, got a right from now you've seen it there he putting it on that so look, if it's working, it's sat down up like that shoe I blocked for him, very chance I get.
Speaker 3: Well, I will be rooting for you to throw a pass at some point before the season, Okay, I that is the one thing I will be rooting for I want to get to uh, I'm going to get to your head, Coach Dan Campbell.
Speaker 4: I mean we we've heard when the Lions win.
Speaker 3: What we do is we show his speech in the locker room because that's just a very very cool thing and we all enjoy it. When you go out and you get a hard, funck win, you guys work your butts off and then you get to hear Dan Campbell in the locker room. And is that something I know you've heard a lot of im for a lot of different coaches, but is that something that's still you know, you laugh about or it like kind of moves you. Like, what's it like in the room hearing Campbell speak like that after.
Speaker 5: A wins, you can hear a pin drop in there when Coach Campbell went talk like he in search the entire room from players to coach, to training staff to ownership everybody, and he's a passionate person and everything that come out of his mouth he means.
Speaker 7: So we all want to listen and make you.
Speaker 5: Want to go out there, like when people say, like you want to run through wall for Coach Campbell, I promise you when I thter I.
Speaker 4: Hear him, talk to how you curiousself and how he.
Speaker 2: Is every day.
Speaker 5: I want to run through whatever it got to be, a wall, anything, train, whatever's got to be. But Coach Campbell, he bring that out.
Speaker 4: You love that.
Speaker 3: So you have had a lot of experience in a life. Scouting America is one of them, boy Scouts of America. I know you were an ego Scout. I believe why don't you take me through why this is so special to you and detail for the people watching what you're involvement is.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Scouting for me was a catalyst and a foundation for who I'm able to be to this day. You know, you learn things of great morality that allow you to know that you know, you've got to do something that everybody in the world is not familiar with or they don't know a lot about, but if you just jump into it and you embrace it, it makes you better as a person, as a human. And you know, I'm just blessed to be able to have an experience and have a partnership with Scout in America to where I could or I can continue to showcase what it looks like to be, you know, an egle Scout and a person who has high beliefs and what you know Scotty can do for an individual.
Speaker 10: And if you know, if there's people.
Speaker 5: Out there who don't know, you can visit be a Scout dot org and.
Speaker 7: You can learn everything else you need to know, all the informations on there.
Speaker 5: But I encourage all kids, all parents to try to get you know their children involved and to embrace that organization who will love you.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 3: I will never forget my father. We finished like sixth in the Pinewood Derby. Very frustrating experience in my life. David, thank you very much for joining us as always. Really appreciate you everything you do off the field, and I think it's safe to say us at the network and of course Lions fans appreciate what you do on the field as well.
Speaker 10: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we will have you back soon, of course, thank you. I appreciate you great stuff from David Montgomery.
Speaker 3: Really enjoyed hanging out with him, and I think it's time to go hang out with Do we want more Adam Rank?
Speaker 4: Can we get his six pack for week six? I don't think we have another choice.
Speaker 1: Well, Adam Rank might have needed a six pack to forget about the way that he lost his fantasy game last week.
Speaker 2: If you can't see it, that is Adam.
Speaker 1: Rank losing by one tenth of one point the old one twenty six point one four to one to twenty six point zero four loss on which Rank said, you're kidding me. No, we're not Rank, We're all that's not kidding that. Adam Rank is back with us. Tom Pelli Sera, Ian Rappaport here on the Insiders as we go inside the other guy with NFL Fantasy Live.
Speaker 2: For what I'm told is the Adam Rank six.
Speaker 1: Pack, not the one that they might have enjoyed last Monday night. Is that thing all right?
Speaker 2: Rake?
Speaker 1: I want you to start us off here. We got six players in total. Give me the first three and your six pack for week six.
Speaker 12: You know, by the way, I'm glad you found the edited version of that tweet and not the one that Todd Sperry called me on and is like Rank, you might want to lose one of the one of the words that you.
Speaker 10: Put in there.
Speaker 4: I'll let your imaginations run wild. I don't tell us, don't tell us, I want to tell you. I'll leave it very vague like that.
Speaker 2: But I will say I've got done with a few extra letters.
Speaker 12: But let's start with a quarterback that I absolutely love this week, and it's Daniel Jones. Now, I had an opportunity to fade the public at our NFL dot compix. I didn't do it because I'm a coward. But I do love Daniel Jones this week. Over the last couple of games, he's really shown a lot of production fantasy wise. He's had at least eighteen fantasy points in two out of his last three.
Speaker 4: As you see right there.
Speaker 12: The most important thing to me he is not turning the ball over three games with at least two touchdowns no interceptions. If Daniel Jones can protect the football because he gives you such a nice floor by running, he could be a really effective fantasy quarterback. So for anybody who might have Patrick Mahomes, who you probably should be starting anyways in fantasy, Daniel Jones is a pretty good option. Another good run running back I should say that I've been playing at great length is Chuba Hubbard. And I can't believe that there is anything left in Carolina after Ryan Poles fleees this team. I didn't know there was anything left to play in Carolina. We gave him Andy Dalton and Bryce Young and all we got was Caleb Williams and Djmore. But Chuba Hubbard has been excellent. Actually had a pretty nice game against the Bears. I think that this trend continues this week against the Cincinnati Bengals, a defense that has not been the same ever since they lost some key person in a why oh you know, I'm gonna give you another running back, Bucky Irving. I was on board with Bucky Irving a couple of months ago this summer, and people were all over me, all the kids on the internet ian like you don't know anything, and I'm like, listen, watch It'll be like Bucky Irving is going to get himself some playing time with his ability. Now, obviously he's been in a split with Rashad White. Rashad White is now on the injury report. He's doubtful for this coming weekend. Still, regardless of that, Bucky Irving had already shown that he was going to be a huge part of this offense. He's better than the early downs, but if he can mix in some of that passing production, the sky's the limit for him.
Speaker 3: A big week for Bucky Irving big week for me. I managed to count to three. I was wondering when you were going to do a little break. Now you've done three little break.
Speaker 4: Give me the rest of them.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you so much. Ian.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go like that game that I lost.
Speaker 12: If you were paying close attention, I lost because Chris Olave.
Speaker 2: Gave me three points.
Speaker 4: But I'm going back to him this week.
Speaker 12: I actually believe Spencer Rattler can be okay for Chris Alave because Spencer has already said, like, yeah, I'm just gonna throw the ball to Chris a Lave. It reminds me of last season when Aid and O'Connell first came in for the Las Vegas Raiders and he gave DeVante Adams like sixty targets, like right off the bat. I expect Chris a Lave to get a lot of targets. I think what it hurts is guys like Rashid Shahed who have been playing really well this season.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately. I think that this is a big uptick for Chris.
Speaker 12: It's not unfortunate for me because I'm playing him, but Chris Alave this week another wide receiver who might get a lot more opportunities is Tank Dell.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: Obviously, Nico Collins has established himself as one of the best receivers in the game. He's now on IR and Tank Dell has an opportunity. Now, if you've watched Tank Dell this season, he's really not looked like the Tank Dell of old. We've not really seen him get up to full speed after battling through some injuries during the offseason. But I do believe that given the opportunity in a pretty good matchup against the defense that has been struggling against wide receivers, I'm gonna go with him. And then finally listen, Dalton Kincaid's got it. We gotta get this going. Like I was convinced this entire offseason that Dalton Kincaid was going to come in and absolutely feast. Last year, he was the second most targeted player in this offense. Stefan Diggs is gone, Gave Davis is gone. We thought it was going to be all him even last year. At the end of last season, even when the Dawson was healthy and still playing, Dalton Kincaid was outscoring him.
Speaker 4: We just haven't seen it so far this season.
Speaker 1: Great great stuff as always before you go, can you bump us to break in your best Michael Kaine accent to promote the London game.
Speaker 2: Please go, sir, We're going to London this week?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: That's right?
Speaker 12: The Chicago Bears against the Jacksonville Jaguars in a most thrilling contest.
Speaker 4: The fix year is this Sunday on NFL Network.
Speaker 1: I told you off the top they were Bears in London. Here's two actual Bears having tea plausibly in London. They're also some Bears football players who had their social team telling them to try to pour tea without looking rapaport.
Speaker 4: Could you do better than this?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like I could. These guys are terrible. These are professional athletes. They can't even poor tea. I could do way better.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: We slept roma, dudes? They do it without a blindfold? Is that what just happened there? The rookie got the cheat code? I mean DeAndre Swift. I feel like anybody's got the steady hand. I'd trust Swift in that scenario.
Speaker 7: What do you think, hen?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if I trust anybody in that scenario. I feel like I'd be fine, though you get the key is you have to be the t That's how you enjoy.
Speaker 2: The games this weekend. We're back next week.
Speaker 6: See it