Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with David Gore. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Bailey Lipsheltz in the house. There's a lot of interesting stories today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of interesting stories today. Want to start with a couple of companies that reported after the Belltowner moving live. Starting with core Weave ticker CRWV, one of the hottest IPOs this year. Had been up and through the close more than two hundred and seventy percent. Right now down about six percent, steeper than expected losses. They're looking through the initial Wall Street analyst reaction. Not bad in terms of growth. We're keeping an eye on a backlog. This is a company that is a key contributor to the AI story cloud Compute. Microsoft's a big customer. But the big story with this results and with the company going forward is the earnings print now means that the lock up will happen on Friday meeting. Long term investors can start selling shares as as soon as Friday, when the stock's up more than two hundred and seventy percent. Could be something that we're keeping an eye on.
Speaker 4: Kind of a no brainer, right, Yeah, interestinating to you from Ono Agrana just about that level of demand which you see put it is not subsiding by anyway. So if you look at the picture of this company and others like it, they are working hard to slake that demand. I mean, there's so much interest here in expanding the I infrastructure, and they play companies like where We've played such a critical role.
Speaker 1: In though it means I've got to spend money too, right to kind of meet all that demand. All right, where shall we go next?
Speaker 5: Kava the Mediterranean, Let's get dinner rough going, COVID starting under the ticker Cava, its name down more than twenty percent post market, so joining the likes of Sweet Green in terms of missing expectations, talking down and lowering their comp sales expectations for the year, this is a company that really is talking about when you look through the the CEO's commentary and even its comments in a Bloomberg News interview saying tailwins aren't there that were there?
Speaker 3: Last year. This is a company that is trimming its annual sales. Outlook again one of the better performing IPOs from a few years back. Price at twenty two bucks traded north of one hundred and fifty, but right now in postmarket trading sixty five dollars. I don't know about you, guys, but maybe if you're trying to make more lunches at home, you're not paying up for cava on the road.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to make sense of this because I always feel like speakreen. I know, it's maybe a twenty dollars sale is expensive sixteen, but it's our sixteen.
Speaker 4: But who's checking?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Who's Jackie?
Speaker 1: Who's jack But it seems like this isn't crazy expensive.
Speaker 4: I guess it's a level of relativism. But I am at. We were talking earlier in the show just about kind of the unseen effects of trade policy, what's going on with the economy, and here we have something manifest that I think might be an indication of just sort of where things are headed that again isn't showing up in the headline data that we look at. But I do feel like when you look at kind of data points like this, from the corporate side of things, it's telling you something just about are are kind of consumer appetites in the US today.
Speaker 3: I will say one thing on the stocks front, if you run the EQRV function on the terminal, blending forward price to earnings like one hundred and twenty seven times, so you compare that to some of the competitors well above and quite expensive. This is really pitched as a growth story, a company that'll continue to open storefront. So just want to keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: Fundamentally a hummus company, right, I mean, it is what it is which rains a little bit more than that is. I feel like that's what I That was my introduction to calling a right, Sorry, I'll take it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number three E Toro.
Speaker 3: So this is a brokerage platform catering to stocks and crypto. Another newly public company that really was hoping to ride this retail trading craze. Ticker eto r. IPO was actually pretty well received. Was up about thirty percent when it went public back in MAYBA right now closing below that issue price falling more than eight percent today, closing in a record low first time it broke below that IPO price is coming after second quarter results were pretty shoppy, Cowen calling them on even The big thing is been how can the company continue to draw users, especially with such a heavy presence in the UK. It's not the Robinhood, it's not catering to the memestock traders quite as much, so certainly want to keep an eye on, but definitely a smaller company all things considered, just over four billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Does this have anything to do just sort of with the kind of mainstreamification of crypto. We look at the way that it's kind of encroached on portfolios, the way the kind of regulatory landscape has changed. Is that hurting a company like this when it becomes a less specialized thing. You don't have to go to etro to kind of trade crypto or get some exposure to crypto in the way that you used to in the past.
Speaker 3: I think that's been a big debate and a big issue for a number of these companies that cater to retail traders. Robinhood very much has leaned into that, trying to offer as many tokens as possible. But to your point, if your sales pitches that you're going to bring in more people trading these mean coins or bitcoin outright. You have Coinbase, you can do that on, you have Robinhood. You have so many brokers in exchanges trying to cater and offer that you should be hunting out feet presumably if you're doing that.
Speaker 1: And went till the big guys come in, they finally decide. I mean, I feel like right, JP Morgan and Jamie Diamond has gotten a little bit more interested in this because I think their clients are interested in it, and so you wonder if they start to get in what it means for some of these smaller players.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.