Speaker 1: Second date, up date date.
Speaker 2: Imagine you're a guy who finally gets a date with a really great girl who's.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit out of your league.
Speaker 2: That's exciting, but she tells you, yeah, sure, I'll slum it with you for just one night, and then one date night, you blow it for the dumbest reason ever. Oh no, that's what one of our listeners, Lou, says happened to him when he met a hotty online. So let's ask him about it. Lou, First of all, thanks for slumming it by calling a radio show. You're out of our league, so I really hope we don't blow it with you.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of tears to keep track of here. For me, you're always at the bottom.
Speaker 1: We always are. So tell us who is this lady that you met online?
Speaker 3: Her name is Kelly.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Kelly's a hawkirl name.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, that's what I always think anyway.
Speaker 6: So she works out like all the time, she's like really in shape and all that stuff you talk to.
Speaker 5: Her about, or you just assume because.
Speaker 6: We talked a little bit about that, you know, she never eats sugar and never eats bread, and she's always strict about her diet.
Speaker 3: I get that. I mean, I'm not quite as good.
Speaker 7: To look amazing, and those are the things that you have to sacrifice.
Speaker 5: That's why I've been willing to do it.
Speaker 6: So we hung out, went out to dinner and I even got the you know, the califlower appetizer.
Speaker 3: We had the sushi.
Speaker 5: You're trying to her lifestyle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was bowling, I mean, you know, and then we went over to we went bowling over at Cosmic Bowls, you know, and they got the neon lights and the loud music.
Speaker 3: You know. We were having like a good time.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 2: And that's where you can like order some mots of rellisticks for yourself on the side and eat them over like the bathroom the over on stall too.
Speaker 3: But the thing is the bowling.
Speaker 8: It ends like at eleven o'clock and I was like, I thought the date went well, and I was thinking we just called a night. But out of nowhere, she was like, hey, what are we going to do now?
Speaker 1: Like she wants to keep going.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that's a fastball belt tiede.
Speaker 9: So I just said the guys, I thought, I said belt, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's like the perfect place to hit a ball. It's a layup.
Speaker 5: Are you a little bit older than.
Speaker 3: No? Well I think I have a couple of years on her, but not that much. But girls say like, what are we doing now?
Speaker 6: After a date? After we're having a good time, You're like, I have a date? Well I just said, well, you know you want to come over?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, but you know, she needed to get coffee first. So we just went to one of little gas stations and got some coffee and gas station.
Speaker 5: Coffee for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: She suffered from hard It's not easy to get a coffee, Yes, at eleven.
Speaker 10: Thirty if you know the prices, Yeah, yeah, but not all.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe that's not even a thing. Like was it was? She fine with that.
Speaker 6: It's like when Miami in the eighties, you just got to figure out a place to get.
Speaker 11: Cald that's right, some pong, yeah, drugs.
Speaker 6: So we we went back to my place and it was like a great night hung out.
Speaker 3: She stayed the night.
Speaker 5: Did you use air quotes when you say hung out?
Speaker 3: Like this is yeah, this is a good clean fathers.
Speaker 5: They say, okay, what was it like? The next morning?
Speaker 6: Even the morning was fun and we decided we would hang out again that night.
Speaker 5: Oh wow wo yeah, that's a lot. She must really like you.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: In your email you said that you screwed up when you met her, like this sounds like the best day you've ever had.
Speaker 3: Well you got well, hang on, you gotta put game. Ain't over. So I told her, you know, just meet me back in my place here at six and we can go out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I did some stuff during the day, but I was so beat.
Speaker 6: I ended up like just sitting on a couch and boom, I fell asleep at like five thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, horrible. And I woke up at like nine thirty.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: It was like a bunch of mixed mistext and call.
Speaker 5: You stood her up accident.
Speaker 3: And I called her back and said, hey, you know, I fell asleep. I can't believe it. And I haven't heard anything since.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So she was just like standing outside of your place wondering where the hell you were for who knows how long.
Speaker 3: But yes, and I'm wrong, I admit it. But now when you if you fumble like that, you gotta at least come clean and say, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I was so sleep. Can we go out tonight tomorrow? Make it up to you? But I just got completely you know nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so how long how long has it been since she responded to your text or your calls?
Speaker 3: I spend five days?
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean like I would be angry after five days. I'd probably cool off by then, but she may also be feeling like God he was asleep, like he can he not like keep up?
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna do some work here. We're gonna try and give you another fastball bell time when we call her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just going off of what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, take this into overtime and get the two point conversion when we do your second All right, right.
Speaker 1: After this second date update.
Speaker 7: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how.
Speaker 5: The couple is doing right after you. Here part two if you.
Speaker 1: Missed it, We've been talking to a super youthful, fresh and hip bursting with energy mail named Lou.
Speaker 5: Is that why we're playing the baby music.
Speaker 2: Who fell asleep at five thirty right in the middle of people's didn't we get to see Judge Wapner's verdict before Lou conked out and ended up missing his date with Kelly.
Speaker 1: And what do we know about Lou so far? We know he's maybe a little older, he says, by a few years.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's not for Luke.
Speaker 5: He didn't say decades. No, no, my spidy sense.
Speaker 2: We're jumping into some assumptions here. But he is dating a younger girl who he says is out of his league. So, like I said, he fell asleep right before she was supposed to come over and they were going to hang out, and now hasn't talked to her in almost a week.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, Lou still awake, my man, I'm still here.
Speaker 5: All right, Lou? All right? Are you feeling optimistic about this?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: I am, because technically you could say I kind of blew the.
Speaker 3: Second date because we did hang out the night before.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, right, first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, in my mind, I won game one. It's a seven game series.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's not good when in game two the Yankees all asleep and don't show up to the.
Speaker 3: Zero. Yeah, but if you throw a tough lefty Game three, you're back in it.
Speaker 9: It's a game three, Jeffrey, all right, this is gonna be our rumble in the jungle boxing.
Speaker 5: All right, I need to google.
Speaker 2: We're going to reach out to Kelly and try and get you another date here.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be your tough lefty today.
Speaker 5: We're gonna Oh, he's got a screwball. I thought we were looking for a line drive. No, wanted fastball. Is that what we want?
Speaker 2: I think we should be done with the sports references for the rest of this segment, actually for the rest of the entire show.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's call Kelly and see what she has to say. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, is this Kelly?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 2: You don't have to sound so skeptical. We're a very kind morning radio show.
Speaker 1: We're nice people. Most of us. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 12: Okay, do you ever listen.
Speaker 1: Not really, not to us, or just not to radio in general, because it's such an outdated form of technology. We have a podcast. It's really popular.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I didn't really listen to radio.
Speaker 3: All that, but yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Not to keep giving you blast from the past, but we heard about a date that you went on about a week ago with a guy.
Speaker 5: Named Lou Oh god, oh, god, he said, wait what.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, okay, wait are you mad at him?
Speaker 5: Because I'd be kind of mad.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know what he told you about it, but I mean it was not I mean, a date was cool.
Speaker 3: But then like, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Heard a little bit from Lou about how your at least your first date night went, and that sounded really great.
Speaker 1: Dinner and bowling.
Speaker 7: Oh he is so so mad at himself that he screwed everything. Yeah, yeah, I mean honestly.
Speaker 2: Sounds like that second date is where everything kind of fell off the rails.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Really, He's not really my normal type that I normally go out with. He's definitely a little older, and I thought that would be fun, and he was a good time.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 7: We had fun, okay, we I mean like the next night when you were supposed to meet him at his apartment or something and you're just standing outside mm hm, oh my god.
Speaker 5: How long did you wait out there?
Speaker 12: Like about twenty five minutes?
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 12: I'm not really really mad. I just think if five thirty at night, like who falls asleep at five thirty, Well.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you wore him out the previous day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was exhausted, from the night before, from all the good.
Speaker 12: Times that could be tro that could be true. But you know, I was just thinking, well, maybe going out with an older guy wasn't going to be best for me because I need somebody who can keep up with me.
Speaker 9: Oh no, I mean you got to understand though, like he you know, he was busy all day. I don't know, I've fallen asleep even, you know, when I was younger in my twenties, like i'd be twenty two, and that's from like day drinking.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that. But I guess, you know, like if you're starting out, like with a new relationship and the possibilities, it's just I think that that requires like a little extra effort, and if it's not interesting enough to be able to stay awake, then I don't really have to.
Speaker 2: If you want some extra effort, then I think Lou might be your guy, because he went through the effort of reaching out to a radio show to get in touch with you super super early in the morning, which might not be the style of a young person, but it's his style. And he's on the other line right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 12: Oh no, he's not really, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, Hey, Hey, what's happening, Kelly? How are you?
Speaker 8: I I thought we were having a good time.
Speaker 3: I you know, listen, I I just simply dozed off on the couch. I had a great night the night before, you know.
Speaker 12: And yeah, I know, like you texted me all that, and I appreciate that, like you kind of owning it. That's cool. But I don't know, I'm just kind of rethinking maybe it's not the best fit.
Speaker 3: But you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't go by just a dozing off on us, you know, And you gotta, you gotta. You know, when I heard the song you Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker, you know that one, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That that's a that's an ancient.
Speaker 2: The Alfalfa and the Little Rascal thing that in the original one from the sixties.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful song and it just basically says that, you know, you're so beautiful.
Speaker 3: And you mean everything to me. And I just feel I feel horrible that you had to wait and.
Speaker 6: Uh, I was listening in listen it took you two hours to get ready, so you must have been excited to go out again. So just by one little fumble here, I wish you could give me another shot. You know, well, you are so beautiful be wait can't you see yah.
Speaker 3: Sing me so beautiful to me?
Speaker 6: I tell you the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have it? Do you have any CARDI B in your repertoire or something?
Speaker 2: Or Kelly doesn't do a lepa have a song about like lowering your standards for an older man.
Speaker 5: How did that feel to you that song?
Speaker 1: Did it help or did it hurt?
Speaker 12: I think you remember like hearing my grandpa singing that song.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's worth asking what was your reallyationship with your grandpa? Like you grandpa?
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, he's trying to be I think romantic and make up for his mistake situation.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm gonna throw this out there.
Speaker 10: But some younger girls like older guys because they tend to have more money, or they've been.
Speaker 5: In a career ability well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, wisdom, wisdom in the bay, and they like to do things first class because yeah, things like bad seats and airplane hurt their backs, so that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Older men tend to like younger women because they can recognize the signs of a stroke.
Speaker 1: Jump to action.
Speaker 5: So Kelly much more strength for CPR two.
Speaker 2: We would like you to be that that lady for Lou and would pay for another date if you would agree to what.
Speaker 3: Is she a caretaker?
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Why don't we go? We'll go after karaoke drinks. I even bought a new coffee machine just for you.
Speaker 5: New coffee machine, or it's for you, Lucy. You could stay up later.
Speaker 3: I assure you, I will fall asleep again.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good deal.
Speaker 2: All of that to consider, and we'll give you a date on us. Kelly, what do you think?
Speaker 12: Alright? Alright, I give it another try.
Speaker 5: Age is nothing but a number.
Speaker 2: Shot some wheat grass for everybody.
Speaker 5: You gotta do is insure milkshakes.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. Even we were skeptical that this would work out, but I.
Speaker 11: Can't believe they're back on the phone.
Speaker 1: Skeptics be damned.
Speaker 2: Months later, Lou and Kelly are back on to give us an update.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 1: So you guys are still together? Oh my god, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean it sounds like you're both happy.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it's been going great.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Tell you what what are you liking about dating an older man?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 12: My gosh, you guys, it's just it's so nice to be with somebody who's more mature and not like obsessed with x Mark.
Speaker 4: But it is a little topping out in public. That's probably the biggest issue. Is we go out and then we get like judgmental, weird looks from people, you know, like if we don't we don't write down that we're having a date on our dinner reservations, they think he's my dad.
Speaker 5: It's that big of a gap.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh man, And I bet you get a lot of you get a lot of judging.
Speaker 5: People are like, oh, she's a gold digger, right right, she.
Speaker 3: Knows that I don't have to have much money, and you know.
Speaker 9: You just need to walk around with the shirt that says I'm poor Lou And then I.
Speaker 3: Have enough money. I have enough money to blow it all on her.
Speaker 1: And he's older, wiser's got all. It's nice to hear that you two are doing well and you're happy together. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been so good, and we just I like, I just wanted to encourage the listeners, you know, like welcomes in all different forms and ages, So just still kind your person and don't be judged.
Speaker 3: You see some people who don't look like they pair together. We love it.
Speaker 1: Alexis hop onto silver singles right now. Hurry up.
Speaker 11: Down, I have an issue with the money, though it's not perfectly.
Speaker 1: We'll keep us updated on your relationship guys.
Speaker 11: Okay you good luck out there.
Speaker 1: Rookie Jeffrey in the morning.