Speaker 1: Welcome to the Tutor Dixon Podcast on this Good Friday, and on Good Friday, we are blessed to have Jeff Cans with us. He is a biblical scholar and the creator of the Bible in a year plan also the host of Daily Reflections with Jeff Cans, one of the most popular sessions on the Hollow app. And you've got something new coming out that we can download right now and kind of follow this Holy Week through the Hollow app. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That's right. It's good to be with you, Tutor, And yeah, it's going to be a powerful week. Jonathan Roumi, who most people know plays Jesus on The Chosen is going to be shooting the crucifixion scenes in the Passion week coming up in just a little while from now. With that given, he's never been to the Holy Land before, and we do the Daily on Hello together and he wanted to go to the Holy Land and he wanted to have me teach him to go through the actual walk with Jesus from Palm Sunday all the way to the Resurrection and beyond, and so we did. We went over there and it was magnificent and there was nobody there there's not many pilgrims there, so we really had complete access to places like the Garden Agassemine, the Holy Sepulcher, the Tomb of Jesus, the Last Supper, everything. It was just really, really amazing, and so we put that together with Hallow and we launched it Monday, this the day after Palm Sunday, and now we're going every day through it and the response has been incredible, and I think people are very interested because, I mean, this is the guy playing Jesus, the biggest role right now on the big screen, and I think they want to see his response to being there for the first time as a prep for the filming.
Speaker 1: Well, and for a lot of us, you know, I haven't been there, and I want to see it. I want my children to be a to see that. The goal obviously is to get there one day myself. But what I was reading about your trip and from your own experiences being over there is so much deeper than you can even imagine. You know. It's like when you go to these places that are so monumental in your life or in the history of your nation, you can kind of feel it in your bones and I can't even imagine what it's like to be in the Holy Land to something so consequential for not only your life, but your eternal life.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, you know. It's like I guess I would equate it to years ago. I liked listening to Phantom of the Opera the CD, back when they had CDs, and then I listened to it in the car all the time. And then I got to go to the Broadway production and I was sitting there and all of a sudden it happened right in front of me, the chandelier and everything. I'm like, oh my gosh, this is so much different than just listening to the CD, which is fine, a lot of enjoyment out of it. But that's the way it is. When you go over there. You've heard all your life, perhaps these stories about Jesus. There's stories about Paul and Peter, Mary, the rest of the prophets, and then suddenly you're walking there. Like in one scene with Jonathan, we were right outside of Caiaphas's house, the high Priest, where Jesus was he was betrayed by Judas in the garden of Cassemone. They brought him back up to Caiaphas's house and this was the road that was Jesus' last walk from the Last Supper down to the garden of Gassemone. And he and I sat down and I sprung it on him. I said, you're sitting on the stones that he walked on, and it hit him like wow. And that's what happens. You know, of course, when you go over there, and we do realize that a lot of people they can't make it over there. One of the reasons right now is because of the war. I was finishing a project and actually landed on October seventh and that morning and had to turn around three days later come back. But a lot of people are not going to make it over there. So what we wanted to do is try to bring it to you in a way that it's not just the pictures, but we wanted to create the atmosphere for you to enter into that particular story.
Speaker 1: And at a time when there has been kind of this resurgence of faith and you see it, you see it in these articles. All suddenly we're seeing that the amount of people that are dropping off is not happening anymore. It's kind of steady, and it seems like there's a push toward growing people in the faith in Christianity. And as I was preparing for this, I was thinking, you know, all these years I've reflected on this weekend and what this means, and I don't think I think every year it changes for me. It's kind of especially as a parent now, because I was thinking about this this morning, and I'm like, do I talk about this as like, you know, hey, happy Good Friday? Or are you sad on Good Friday? But I was thinking about it, and I said to myself, you know, what a hero what a hero's day? Because he knew. He didn't question it, he didn't say, you know, there's a way of getting out of this. He knew he had to do this, and he knew it was going to be extremely painful. He knew it would be humiliating all of the things that we avoid in life, right, everything to a degree that we could never possibly handle. And yet he walked into it in a glad way because he's our parent, you know. And I thought, as a parent, I see it differently because I'm like, so many years I've said to myself, what was it like for him to see his mother, to know that he was leaving her, to know that he would be separated. And it's just like us when we are losing someone to death, we go, we're separated for a time, and for him it was a separation for a time, but there was no hesitation because he would do anything for us. It's just so incredible for me as a parent to think I would do this for my kids, but how much more he will do for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like what you said. You would do it for your kids, But the question is would you do it for the rest of the kids out there? The answer is probably hmm, I don't know about that. Or would you offer your kid for the sins of the world. Now you really get into that position of Mary having to walk through that. And you know when Jonathan and I were sitting on those steps and we were looking out at the ancient temple mount and the garden of Goitsemone and the path that we were going to walk down, which after we spoke, he said, I got to take my shoes off. I have to walk this. And he took his shoes off in his socks, and he walked all the way down, came and came back and I said to him, and this is on the heels of what you said, and that is he left the Last Supper. He went by Kai house on this ancient Roman road, and he was going to go down to the garden of Casemite. He knew very well that one of the twelve was betraying, yet he kept walking. He knew very well that he'd be arrested and brought back to Caiaphas's house and put into that dungeon, and he kept walking. And the big challenge for us on this particular series was will we keep walking? Because you probably are going to be betrayed at some point in your life, and you're probably going to be denied at some point in your life, or you know, disrespected in some way. Would you still walk? Would you still take those steps of faith? And so the only way that you can really do it is if you have Him in you, if you are walking in Christ and Christ is in you and empowered by the love of the Holy Spirit. And that's really what Easter is about. It's the victory over death, hell and the grave, and it's allowing us to experience that same spirit that raised Christ from the dead, and that same spirit that raised Christ from the dead now fuels us in our daily jobs. And our family and our extended family and politics. You know, every single area there's something different about you and there's something different about me. And that differences is the love of Christ in our life, and this week celebrates it in spades.
Speaker 1: It's funny because from the perspective of politics, because politics has sort of gotten like seeped into every aspect of our lives and even our children's lives in ways that I had never seen when I was a kid. I think of that this story in terms of what were the disciples thinking, because I think they were still still in a political mindset, even though their faith was very strong. They were still like, Okay, this guy's going to be the leader. You know, this is the king. He's going to take over all of these lands, and we're with him. We're with the king, not fully understanding what being with the king was, right. So I think so from their perspective on this weekend watching him be betrayed, what the emotions were. And I'm sure you walk through this in this journey. What are the emotions of being at your highest high? You know, you're having this dinner with the king of kings, and the feeling had to have been different than any other feeling. I can't even imagine it. Sitting with Jesus himself, you know, and learning from him and knowing that there is something so special, and then he gets betrayed. And Peter obviously is shocked because he's like, yeah, no, I don't know the guy, you know, but you can see all this from today's perspective and say, my goodness, yes, you would be so afraid because the law of the land, you know, thinking Okay, he's going to be the next king, he's going to take over, and then you're kind of like, whoa in the on in the natural we got burned, you know, and the earthly sense this didn't go the way we thought it was the way Jesus was expecting, but they were kind of figuring it out as they went. The joy of Sunday had to have been incredible, but still there had to have been unease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, you put it perfectly. We should have brought you. You could have given commentary here, because what you are saying, Tutor, is exactly what we followed, and that we went down into the Garden of Gasemone, we experienced the betrayal, we were brought back up to Caiaphas's house and the place where Jesus was downstairs there in that dungeon. You can hear outside right there. And if Peter says, man, I tell you I don't know the man, well, Jesus heard this and chills, Yeah, you said so well, And that is that Peter was on a high. They all were, And yet there was confusion. What's going on? And we've come in for the passover. Things are looking a little uncertain. All of a sudden, Judas leaves the last up or early. They go down to the garden. The Romans come in and Judas kisses him and betrays him. At that point, it's like, okay, what's going on? They're taking them away. Certainly there's got to be a way out of this. I mean, he's going to do some kind of miracle like we haven't ever seen before. And all their plans come crashing down as they take him, and of course they whip him, they beat him and they crucify him, and they put him in the tomb. And this attitude that people had, who was reflected in Luke twenty four and the Amais Road afterwards, these two individuals are doing what they're walking away from Jerusalem. Their heads are low, they're disappointed, their dreams are crushed. And as one preacher once said one time, you know, it's Friday, but Sunday's coming. You know, in your life it's Friday. Things don't look good. It's gloomy, cloudy. You're not sure about the future anymore. But Sunday's coming. And after the resurrection, you see what you were talking about. You still see this, this remnant of the disappointment. Because Peter was the leader, he had the keys to the kingdom, and he denied the lord three times. And afterwards there must have been that sheepish look of man, I wish I would have stuck in there. I'm so sorry, you know. And we see his heart reflected in that he says, I'm going to go back fishing. He goes back up north to Galilee to fish. Now, if you understand how you become a disciple. The rabbis would invite someone to become a disciple by saying in Hebrew, lech ACHRAI come follow me, And that's what he said to Peter. But now Peter's like saying, you know, I'm not the right guy. I think there's probably better choice. He goes back up to Galilee, and so Jonathan and I went back up to Galilee on the Sea of Galilee, and we went right to that place where Jesus shows up. And Peter is with some of the other disciples fishing because they're kind of going back, you know, and Jesus all of a sudden appears and it's around a charcoal fire, just like at Caiaphas's house, denied him around a charcoal fire. And then Jesus pulls Peter out and says, do you love me more than these? He says, Lord, yeah, I love you. Feed my sheep again, you love me? Feed my sheep a third time? You love me? He gets upset, Lord, you know everything about me. You know I love you. Then feed my sheep, tend my lambs, and then he ends that conversation with Peter. I can just in the series. I put my hand on Jonathan's shoulder and tell him this. As I looked at me, I said, ah, come fall, Yeah you fell, but the calling is still on your life. And I think that's good news for how many people who have failed in marriage, they failed in raising their children. At least they feel that way. They feel like I'm left over and in Jesus eyes, No, it's always a new beginning, and that's what Easter is. It's a new beginning. It's a new start in your marriage, in your relationship with people, in your hope for the future. So it's yeah, when you go there, it kind of comes alive. And when I brought Jonathan up there on the shores of the Sea of Gali, you could see in his eyes it.
Speaker 1: Was like, We've got more coming up with Jeff Cavens, But first I want to talk to you about my partners at IFCJ so so critical right now, especially and as we're listening to this podcast, we need to understand that Israel is still under attack. Missile fire has resumed from the houthis Husbillah and hamas enemies who are seeking Israel's destruction. Here in America, we cannot imagine living under the constant threat of terrorism and rocket attacks, but this is the reality in Israel. Parents are taking their kids to school and then falling on the ground to lay on top of small children, trying to comfort them as sirens. Blair can't even imagine. And the next attack against Israel's happening right now with little to no time to prepare, so we must act now. And that's why I'm partnering with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews to provide life saving aid and security essentials. Your urgently needed gift today will help provide security essentials like bomb shelters, black jackets, and bulletproofests for first responders, armored security vehicles, ambulances, and more. Join me in standing with Israel. Call to make your gift at eight eight eight four eight eight I f c J. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five, or you can go online. It's support IFCJ dot org. Again, that's support IFCJ dot org. It's one word support I f CJ dot org. Now stay tuned. We've got more coming up after this. I think about all of those things that you just said, when you talk about how Peter felt and how he shied away from this, and how much that's like us. You know what, when we read the Bible, it's it is stories of earthly people who are people of faith. But we can continually fail, right, We continually fall back on what we know here because it's hard and I think that the message and maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like the messages. Look, this is a journey, and it's a hard journey, and you only you can keep bringing pulling yourself back. But Jesus is there. You've got to keep seeking him. He's never going to stop seeking you. He will never stop seeking you. But it is it's hard because I think about all of the different factors, all of the different outside worldly pressures. Because they followed this man when people were going, oh my goodness, he's not talking about the law. He's going against what we learned. He's not following the Old Testament, he's not following what Moses said. You know, this is all of this stuff is different, and we can't. We've got to get away from this guy. And then the disciples were like, no, there's something here. We're going to follow him. And then you go through the crucifixion and you've got to be like all of the worldly pressures that the people on the outside going told you, yep, told you it wasn't the Messiah, and then you it now falls on you alone when Jesus comes back and says, keep feeding my people, Well, that's on you. You have to tell the story. Now it is worldly people going out with faith and with the Holy Spirit and changing hearts and minds, and that to me is so powerful because that's you and me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. You know. There's a text in the Bible says hope deferred makes the heart sick and in our lives. You know, you think back at all the times we had great hope about something and then something happened and hope was deferred. It didn't happen, and you feel sick about it, you know. And I think that the disciples probably felt that way when Jesus was put into the grave and what was that walk home like? What was that like? That day of oh my gosh, what is the last three years meant? You know, I'm going to get that backed And they must have felt that way. But the resurrection from the dead overcomes all of this. And if people are living with this idea of a sickness in their heart and their soul because hope has been deferred, whether in a relationship or their children or work or whatever it might be, I think that the resurrection renews all of this hope, because you know, our hope is not in man, you know, and our hope is not as Asalma says, not in chariots, and it's not in gold and silver or bitcoin or anything else. Our hope is in God. And I love this because you know, the Hebrew word, which is also the anthem for Israel, the national anthem, hot teak va tik va is hope, the hope. How tikva is that the hope that we have, we've been given in our heart. Hope is not a hope, so you know, and it's not a projection of the future based on my limited power, my limited perspective, my limited insight and wisdom. But it's a look at the future based on His unlimited power and his unlimited vision in wisdom given to me because I'm in Christ. And so when I look at a problem in my life and I and I think, oh man, I'm just such a loser, you know, And is this happening again? And you can change that attitude, and you can say, Lord, I'm going to hope in you. My hope is in you. My hope isn't in the market, you know. My hope, my hope certainly is not in politics necessarily, you know. And I think that's where a lot of people in our country are at right now, is that we have lived for a long time with hope in people and the the the the market, in our life, whether it be politics or Hollywood, or whether it be you know, the news, these things. People really relied on it. In the last five to ten years, everything has been scrambled a bit and people are like, wow, what do you know? What do we do? You know? I'll give you an example of that, Tutor. What was a few years ago, Father Mike Schmidts and I put together the Bible in a Year podcast And we did that. We did that. See, it was in twenty twenty and we were done by around October January first of twenty one. We got a call from our producer and said, are you sitting down, and yeah, it's your number one So number one?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: And they said it's number one podcast in America. What. We went on there to app and looked at it and we had to determine real quickly why why And we came to the conclusion it's not us. Had we been given that task of trying to do that, we wouldn't have done that. We would have tried to be funny or something, you know. But here's what the deal is. We believe the Holy Spirit did this. Why because everyone during the beginning of COVID, they were lonely, they were without work. Many of them they couldn't get out there. It was an awful time for a lot of people. And in the midst of it, it was like the Lord was saying, Okay, I'm going to come to you and I'm going to renew your life and I'm going to give you a plan for living. And that's the only, uh, that's the only conclusion we can really come to. And I think we're still in that to a degree. And so we have this, you know, we put out something like we did with Jonathan there, and my word, the response was incredible, just really incredible.
Speaker 1: An access in a way that young people understand better than sitting down and doing the job on your own of reading the Bible. You know, it's like there's there's a new new way of reaching people and that that was given to you, like this is how you're meant to do it. And I just I think about what you said about hope and the need for hope, and I think that's what we've seen in this country for years, and that's why that the environ the political environment, has become so toxic because there's a blame of who, you know, whose fault is it? And where do we put place our hope? And there has been a decline in the past ten years of people in the church. We now, like I said, we're seeing that steady off and that maybe even increasing a bit. And I believe that's because you know, they went around and they talked to young people in this new generation and they said, you know, what do you need? And years ago I was in a group where this woman said, we find that our students who are joining these different groups keep telling us that they're I want to be a part of something bigger. So I become an activist and I go out then I fight for a cause. And it's not a cause they believe in necessarily, it's something that they feel like they're a part of something bigger than themselves. And they said, you know, we're pushing them back to the church. There is a way to be a part of something bigger than yourself. They push them back to the church. And these young people have come in back to the church and even sometimes sought out Latin masses because they've said, you know, I want to really, really feel that closeness to God and that feeling of the Scripture and feeling of God's word on me and how that changes my life. And you're talking about this pilgrimage being life changing, and I just think it's so neat to watch how one app has brought so many people. Even if you were a church person, it's brought unchurched, it's brought church to people. But bringing you to that closer relationship with God is just so critical to getting through all these things. And then I think, honestly, we wouldn't have this fear of oh, my candidate's not here, my politicians not the one and what's going to happen. God's got this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you nailed it. I think you really nailed it. And when you talk about where young people are at today, because my wife and I we've watched the evening news, we see these protests for whatever reason. I mean, there's people that are sincere, and there always is, but we looked at it over and over and over and I said to my wife, I said, they don't believe in this, they're not even aware of really what the subject is, but they want to become a part of something that rises up and there's change, and there's purpose and so forth. And I get that. And what I would say to them is there is a purpose, and there is change, and there is someone to follow and to fight for, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ, who is some people say, a revolution, you know, and he's the one that stood up against the norm, and he's the one that said to love your enemies, and and so the I think that the more difficult you make Christianity in some ways, young people are like, that's for me. I'm going to do that, you know, And and they want to follow this radical guy, and I'm going to lay down my life even if i have to die. I'll die for you, kind of like Peter, you know, Lord, I'll die for you. And Jesus, hmmm, No, you're gonna You're gonna deny me before the cock crows three times, you know, deny me three times. So I think I think that, uh, you're You're exactly right when you look at the young people out there, and you can see I think I know you. That's what you and I are saying, kind of, you know, tutor, looking at them, I think I know you. I think I know what you're searching for Come here, I've got something for you. It's gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 1: It's been kind of neat to see celebrities get involved in this because I think that that is another group that young people tend to go. I'll put my hope in you all follow you. I think that something you're doing is impressive. And to see them kind of step out and be like, it's not about me. Yeah, And that's gotten some pushback too. I think it was Gwen Stefani who came out over Christmas and was talking about the Hollow app and she got a lot of pushback on us, like whoa what is this? And I think, you know, when you're in that position, all the pushback is fine if you save one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know the purpose of the app is not to gather together a bunch of speakers and singers who have their life completely one hundred percent totally put together. That is not the purpose. The purpose is to glorify Jesus, to proclaim the Gospel in a way that people can understand. And we do realize that along the way, there are a lot of people who are at different places on this journey, and there is nothing wrong with me walking with one or two and saying how are you doing, you know, and how are you relating to God in your life, all the while keeping what we call that orthodoxy, you know, their center stage. And so yeah, there are people who join us, you know, Lauren Daggel and Chris Pratt and Mark Wahlberg, and these are people who are actively you know, growing and trying to pursue their relationship with the Lord. You know, Tutor, the one thing we don't want to do is we don't want to project this idea that if you're going to hang with me or us, you got to have it together, you know. And we're not putting people on there like they're doctors of the Church, your great saints from the old These are people like you and me, you know. And the truth is that if people knew all about any of us, we probably would not be invited to the party.
Speaker 1: You know. Let's take a quick commercial break. We'll continue next on the Tutor Dixon Podcast. I saw a post on social media today and I don't know if it was true, but it was a good a good example of what we tend to do. It was this story of a bishop who had a woman and her young child come into the church, and she wasn't dressed the way the people expected her to be dressed. So people that worked at the church ushered her out, and the bishop said to them, you'll pray for her every day for the rest of your life, because there's a chance that she will never walk into a church again. And I want to make sure that we don't chase people off, that everybody is welcome. Yes, And I just think so often that is the case. It's like, oh, you don't really fit here, You're not really right, and we have to remember we don't really fit here. Yeah, yeah, we're never good enough. And yet he always welcomes us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's always saying, you know, come with me. I don't see Jesus at any point saying you you and you please stay.
Speaker 1: Back a little bit right right right.
Speaker 2: I've got reputation, i have a social media platform, I've got a book deal. It's about to be please please. He'd say, bring the children to me. Bring them and what do the what do disciples do? They tried to push them back, who wha, whoa? Give the superstars some rome here. No, he said, bring them to me, bring them to me. And I think that that's that's I believe the heart of Jesus, and that's the way I want to be, you know, And anybody that I can bring to the walk with the Lord, I'm going to do it because I know that here's the here's the interesting thing. I'll share this with you. You get you'll get a kick out of this. I think when uhhen Zachias down in Jericho, he's he's chief tax collector. That means he's he's hated by all the Jews. He's got he's the chief. He has underlings that are tax collectors. He has a fine home and everything. He has ripped people off. He has cheated people, you know. And when they see him coming to Jericho to do what he wants to see Jesus, he's you know, he gets up in the sycamore tree and he looks down he sees Jesus, and and Jesus looks up at him and says, you come on now, I'm going to have dinner at your house.
Speaker 1: They go crazy nuts.
Speaker 2: If he knew who that was, yeah, he wouldn't have them over for dinner. Does you know what that says? Something about his discernment. You know, he is so if he knew who that was. He'd never he would invite us, the Pharisees, you know, the scribes, we would be going to dinner. But here's the deal. They got ripped off of a lot of money. The only way that they're ever going to get back that money. And they're probably saying, you know you owe me, you ripped me off, you owe me. I wish I could take you to court, you know. But the only way they're going to get that money back is if Zechias has dinner with Jesus. And when Zechiez gets together with Jesus, his whole heart melts and he says, I'm going to give I'm going to give everything back to them in fourfold. And that's what happens when we invite the tax collectors and the chief priests to come into this intimate dinner with Jesus, and Jesus changes their heart and then that that that high priest turns around says, you know all of you that I know, I know I've done you wrong, and I know you've hated me all this time. I know it. I'm giving four fold back this guy, Jesus, that you allowed me to come into the city and view he's changed my life. Yeah, earlier about the lady with the dressing, you know, addressing what would happen if they had taken Jesus and just thrown them out of the city Zechias.
Speaker 1: And it's such so interesting at a time when we see people like looking at at somebody in their political party and saying, you talked to this person. You can't be a part of this group anymore. You can't, you can't be here. We've got to push you out. You're not acceptable. You crossed the line. This is an exclusive group. And yet Jesus didn't have an exclusive group. It wasn't an exclusive club with Jesus. It was open to all. And you think that you you think so many people look at Christianity as an exclusive group, but it's not. And that was why we have That's why Jesus came, That's why he sent, God, sent his only son. It was to say it's not exclusive. It's here for all of you. I'm coming to you to show you that it's here for all of you. And I just I think that's so amazing. And this weekend is always that weekend where you feel like he did it for me and I didn't deserve it. I don't know why he did it for me, and I think there is guilt in this weekend, and probably a good guilt, because that's that convicting guilt that on Sunday means we all get to say, at Sunday came, Sunday is here, he has risen and we get to rejoice in that. But before I let you go, I know I'm keeping you a little long, but let me ask you to just one more time. Tell people where they can get this, because I know I want my girls to walk that walk, and so people understand they actually get to see you walk this walk?
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes? With Jonathan? Yeah, I mean Jonathan's really the I think the folk of this is his experience because he's going to be filming in the weeks ahead now those scenes for the Chosen. And you know, people can go to you can download the Hello app and you can register that way. They do have a seven seven days free which is perfect for this, and if you want to get I think it's three months to check, but I think it's three months. You can go to Hello dot com forward slash Jeff Caven's my my name and they'll give you three months free on that. But you can get it. You can download it and you can begin watching right now, and you can pick up the whole week. You can go back and watch him as well, and it's really a great tool. You mentioned it. You're spot on for children because when children say that's the Garden of that's the Garden of gossemone and a boy that looks like Jesus, well that's Jonathan, but he plays Jesus.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I always say. I'm a very I'm a visual person and I know my kids are visual people. And I think we all sit down and we read those stories and we read those stories together as a family. But to put the visual with it, to see that, that's so much more powerful. And that's why I think it's so important people go to Hollow download the app you just heard. You can get three months free, So why would you not do it? Go there? And really, I think that you have to understand that the reason people like you are out there doing this for the folks listening is because we want you to have that hope. The hope that you talked about. It's just it's having gone through cancer, losing my dad to cancer, just all the things that you go through as a parent, all the struggles you go through. I don't know how I would have done it without Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that tutor. I just October. Last October my dad died, and then March first to this year, my mom died. And I know what you're saying is that is that there's something different about you and there's something different about me morning because we have this relationship with Jesus, there's even our mourning is different, and our hope is even in.
Speaker 1: That because it's we're separated for a time. I mean, it's just like when I think about him at that dinner, looking at all of them and the difference between what they were going through at that dinner and the knowledge that he had at that dinner. I leave them tomorrow. I am separated for a time. That is the same feeling I had when I lost my dad. We're separated for a time. I'm so blessed that I get to see you again. And I think that's the if that doesn't sell you, I mean, that's the hope that you have in Jesus, is that you get to have eternal life in him because he has given his life for us.
Speaker 2: Amanda that I totally agree with you, totally agree.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, and happy Easter coming up. Thank you so much. Jeff Cavens, like you said, go to the Hallow app for sure. Thanks for being on today. Thank you, Thank you all for joining us on the Tutor Dixon Podcast. For this podcast and others, go to Tutor Dixon podcast dot com, the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts and join us next time. Have a blessed day.