Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Wednesday, Dan and The dan ET's Dan Patrick Show. I got a lot to talk about. Who I was exhausting last night? Full night of playoff basketball, highlighted or low lighted by the Nicks collapse, seventy six ers winning overtime Tyrese Maxi goes for forty six calves up three to two on the Magic the Bucks somehow win. They don't have Dame, they don't have Giannis Pacers up three to two in that series. Tonight, the heat at the Celtics and the Mavericks at the Clippers eight seven, seven to three. DP Show operator Tyler sitting vee. You'd like to dial us up, We'll settle on a pull question. We got our play of the day and a few stats of the day, brought to you by Pennini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. By the way, tire rack dot Com is in the building. Seaton needed new Seaton needed new tires. Yeah, he said, can we get the mobile tire you installation done? I said, sure so. Tire rack dot Com is putting new tires on Seaton's car. Don't have to miss work, don't have to miss the weekend. You're right here. Super convenience, yes, because you can still work while they're working. Tire ract dot Com. Go to ti ract dot com, enter your vehicle, your model and the year in tire. IRAQ will give you an easy to use tired Decision guide that will give you an opinion on the best tires for how and what and where you drive. The Ultimate inconvenience tirect dot com. The way tire buying should.
Speaker 3: Be the ultimate inconvenience, the ultimate inconvenience, right in space.
Speaker 2: Convenience, the ultimate in convenient. Maybe it should be the ultimate convenience. There you go, there we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, inconvenience and inconvenience.
Speaker 2: You're right. You got me on that line. Yeah, you got me on that. It's the ultimate inconvenience. The point is it's extremely convenient. Yeah, comments are important to have it come here. Yeah, imagine you can stay working. They worked for you and they put in new tires and that's an in convenience.
Speaker 3: The ultimate in space convenience.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, got to play the day coming up stat of the Day poll question. Seaton has the honors before we dive into what the heck happened last night at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 3: Well, we might as well start at Madison Square Garden. If you are a Knicks fan. The most frustrating part of last night's ending was not that did okay h fouling on the three, not fouling on the other three or missing free throw.
Speaker 2: Well, if you make your free throws, the other stuff won't matter. If you're going to foul on a three, then really foul on a three, and don't let him get the shout out. Then the other three foul before he takes the three. I'm watching and I go, no, no, no, no, no, there's no reason to be crowding MAXI when he's shooting the three. No, no reason. Three doesn't kill you. And then Maxie comes and he gets to half court. Embiid sets a moving screen. MAXI then pull up logo bang, I can't let him shoot the three. I foul him as soon as he gets even remotely close to half court. Before the playoffs, there had been only three games in the last twenty five years that had seen a team recover from a deficit of at least five points inside the final thirty seconds and win the game. We've had two in the same series in the last ten days.
Speaker 3: Stead of a day, stant of a day, Statuta day, stand outa day.
Speaker 2: This is the stat of the Day stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. So for forty seven minutes and thirty seconds, it seemed like the Knicks had done more than enough to win the series and advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals. Too much, Tyrese Maxi in a good way for Philly, too much Jalen Brunson in a bad way for the Knicks in that final two minutes or so. But Tyrese Maxey it's his team now because Joe l ENBII. He was a detriment to the seventy six ers, certainly in the fourth quarter. But I have to give him credit though. He was least out there and nearly had a quadruple double and that includes turnovers. But he's not effective. They pulled him out. He's trying at least, and I think Nick Nurse did the right thing that as great as he can be, he's battling an awful lot to be out there and Tyrese Maxey was like, I got this, I'll take over here. But the back and forth between Maxie and Brunson certainly a whole lot to watch. And now you got Thursday night back in Philly nine o'clock, who you got? Can you just wash this away? If you're Philadelphia, do you say, hey, Okay, that game is over, let's focus on this game right now. And if you're the Knicks, you definitely go. I don't know, we've moved past that. We're not even talking about it. Here's the Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeaux. Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Tough way to lose because you know, you get up, you know, six eight, and then you know, we had a couple of turnovers and we got to just you know, be better, play tougher with the lead, use good judgment, fourth quarters, different understand what you know, the difference, so we can do better and we will.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why Mitchell Robinson was close to tyre SPAXI, you're I mean, he wants you in the air, he wants to get found a four point play or at least he's going to be shooting three free throws. And then the worst case scenario gets you in the air and then he bumps you, draws contact and you make three. Either just be there and contested.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: You're six nine, six ' ten. It's okay. It doesn't kill you. A four to four point play now, all of a sudden, we got a game. And then as he dribbling up and I thought, okay, they're going to fail him. So you're down three, they're down three just fouling two free throws, you get the ball, best case scenario for you. Okay, he still made two free throws, we got the ball. We're still leading by one. You can't let him have and I know when he took the shot, I was like, well, he's got like six seconds left. But it was an open look for him because if he got any closer than maybe they were going to foul or he's going to get a more contested three. But you're going to take a thirty three foot jumper or heave whatever it was. And this was a play. Here's the seventy six ers head coach Nick Nurse.
Speaker 6: Well, you know we had to get up the floor quick and get a three ball up right. I'm glad that we didn't mess around and try to keep working for something or whatever. We had a little little play called that has a counter to it, and one of the options is him just pulling up. Now, I know that was a deep one, but he raced it up there and took his chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a play, and Embiid sets the pick at half court. He knew that he was going that. Maxi had made up his mind. You set the pick, I'm shooting it. And the Knicks were slow to respond to that with the pick and Maxi pulled up and hit it. And the way he was out of his mind in the last fourth court, in the fourth quarter, I mean, you can't let him have the ball. That's the only guy I worry about on the floor. That was it. I didn't worry about Embiid, no one else. And you can't let him have the ball. And if you do, you must foul him. Make him make two free throws. But man, the pressure got to the Knicks. Josh Art free throw. O, Man, it got tight. You short that's nerves, Yes, sure, yes, when you short it, that's nerves. And I was like, whoa, It got real in the garden. But give credit to the sixers. I thought they were dead but then go back to Game two where I thought that the Knicks were dead and then they had the miraculous comeback. But last night, back and forth. You got celebrities in the garden. Patrick Ewings there, John Starks is there, you had all the stars there, Ben Stiller's there, and then all of a sudden, Wait, what what happened? Wait, we're going into overtime? No, no, we got this, we got Wait were the Knicks fans remember me? Yeah? But man, oh man, oh man, you got a lot of guys. I think four sixers played over forty seven minutes here, and what can you expect out of Joe Ellenbiid as the series goes back to Philadelphia? Yes, Mark, I like.
Speaker 7: The Knicks and Game six they got another home game. I think they'll get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Are they going to have another home game in Philadelphia? Oh?
Speaker 5: Easily?
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't think the Sixers are Now the fans are like, you know what, maybe we don't sell those tickets to.
Speaker 7: The Knicks, but if the Knicks fans are willing to pay double, then I'm selling O's And I'm gonna watch in the Bessie in the house and that's on my living.
Speaker 2: Room and then the Oh, by the way, the other two games it went great finish with the Cabs and the Magic, great finish. So now Cabs up three to two in the Magic and the Bucks without their stars beating the Pacers. Huh. But here's the thing, and we've seen this before. Star player goes down or star players go down, the other guys go, hey, I get to shoot. Bobby Portis is like, yeah, hey, I used to be a good scorer. You know, they all used to be something. And then all of a sudden you realize they're guys who will played better than you. And now all of a sudden you're going, hey, I might get fifteen twenty shots here. And the Pacers are like, they don't have Dame, they don't have Giannis, No need to worry. Until you got to worry and give credit to Milwaukee. I did not see that when coming. All right, what other poll questions do we have their seaton?
Speaker 3: Well, if you were Lebron James, which would.
Speaker 2: Be more important to you.
Speaker 3: Playing on a winner or playing with your son?
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna save this for a little bit later on, but Lebron did put out a tweet last night that he's heard the reports about his future, and he said it last night. He'll say it again that he doesn't know what he's going to do. He's just going to spend time with his family and friends. When I know after speaking with family, my counsel as well my representation. I'll let you guys know. The only thing I thought of was WOJE put out that Lebron says playing with his son not as important, Okay, And the only thing I thought with that is who leaked that? Because I would think Lebron pretty tight quarters there. How many people know that information? And did Lebron want that information out? Is That's what I thought. Hey, I think you know, whatever I do or stay with the Lakers or it's not dependent on playing with my son. How did that get out? Unless Lebron wanted it out?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Phone calls, we'll get to those coming up. Any other poll questions, We'll get to the Lebron topic a little bit later on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, we got a few others. I think we're going to jump right off with the Knicks though, and so and everybody's hot on.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way, Ryan Reynolds and Rob mclahaney, the actor hot Yes, welcome to Wrexham. That's a new season for them, So we'll talk to those two coming out a little bit later on show. Yeah it is. I've done a really good job with that and the fact that the team is winning. You know, it was a novelty and the locals wanted to know if those guys really cared about their soccer club. And then all of a sudden they do care, and we'll ask them about that that they didn't know anything, they didn't know what they were doing, and all of a sudden, you buy a soccer club. Well, okay, you're buying something, but that's that means everything to that community. They want to know, do you really care about this soccer club?
Speaker 3: And it's crazy too because they're just about they're like on the brink of going out of business, and here come these dudes that are like, we're gonna pump all this money into it, and they're still like, I don't know if we trust you though.
Speaker 2: NBA tonight, the Heat are getting fourteen against the some I don't remember. Maybe we could find out when's the last time a team was you know, double digit underdogs in just about every game. It feels like because I think it's been like ten and a half, ten and a half now fourteen against the Celtics, who are without Christops Porzingis. It says for a couple of games the MAVs they are giving three to the Clippers tonight. In case you're wondering over under for Luca is thirty two and a half. I don't know if I guess Kawhi's not playing again. They should just let us know when he's playing, because then I'm like, oh, Kawhi's playing, I just assume he's not playing. Man. They're saddled with that contract. Didn't they just extend him. Did he get one of those five for two hundred and fifty million? Oh? I know, yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 8: Think he got three years, one hundred and fifty million dollars. Oh so, and every penny is guarant it's.
Speaker 2: Still fifty million dollars a year.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So he's under contract for the next three seasons at fifty million dollars and there's no way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, Marv.
Speaker 7: They needed to start a kind to be there when they open up their new arena in Englewood.
Speaker 5: Hey, he's kind of here.
Speaker 2: He'll be there for the game all Yeah, he's going to be there. He'll be on the cover of the Media Guide, ribbon cutting. Yeah, it's going to be in street clothes, smiling. Yeah. Yeah, that k me. It ain't getting better unless you get a new one. If you get a new one, you're not playing basketball anymore. All Right, we'll take a break. Tim Bontemps, he covers the NBA for the Mothership. He was there at the garden last night. How does the how do the New York Knicks recover from this? Going back to Philly? What can we expect out of Joe lmb And He covers the NBA so we can talk to him about a couple other topics here, including Lebron who says I haven't made a decision yet on if he's going to stay opt out, wants his son to play? Is he going to go where his son's drafted? So a lot of that is kind of in a state of flux. Here, take a break here, just getting started hour one on this Wednesday Dan and the Dan EDG. Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation yet. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is Tom Berducci from Fox Sports, MLB Network and Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 10: And I'm Joe Madden.
Speaker 6: We're going to be around to talk a little bit about managerial decisions and what may have accredit to the dugout maybe in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 9: It's the Book of Joe podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for this, Joe.
Speaker 9: We're going to dive into what goes on in the dugout and behind the scenes in Major League.
Speaker 3: Baseball, cars, wind, whatever else we want to talk about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well there are no boundaries, right. Listen to the Book of Joe podcast on the iHeartRadio app, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Tyrese Maxi scored seven points in the final twenty five seconds of regulation, finished with forty six as the seventy six ers surprise the New York Knicks in overtime. Tim Bontemps, ESPNNBA reporter covering the series late night at the Garden early morning on The Dan Patrick Show. Tim, thanks for joining us. How would you described the atmosphere pre game or right before tipoff?
Speaker 10: I mean, Dan, I would say from then up until the time out twenty eight point nine seconds ago, there was a NonStop party at the garden. It was the first time in twenty five years, if they had won the game, that the Dicks had closed out a team at home in the playoffs since Game six of the conference finals in nineteen ninety nine when the last went to the finals. Everybody there felt like it was going to happen last night. And when deucemit Bride hit that jumper to go up six with twenty eight point nine seconds ago, Nick Nurse called timeout, and the entire time out, everybody in the building was on their feet. The press box was shaking, People are going crazy. Seemed like the whole thing was in the bag. And then when the game ended and Tyres had hit those shots and it went to overtime, the only noise in the building was the PA system through the entire three minute time out until overtime started, because everybody wasn't even doing They just all look like John Stewart in that picture he tweeted out of him with Tyre's Maxy going by him, of everyone just standing there with their mouths open, going how did we just see this happen again? In reverse from what happened in game two ten days earlier.
Speaker 2: How do you explain this loss?
Speaker 10: I don't know how I explained the series, Dan, Honestly, the two teams are separated by two points. Over five games, the Sixers have outscored the Knicks by two. Every game has been close, every game has had something crazy happen in it. When Tyre's hit the first shot, I actually tweeted, is there a world where this could happen again? Because we had literally just seen the Knicks come back from down five with twenty eight seconds to go. And to put this into context for people, there's been there had been three times in the last twenty five years that a team had come back from down five and the final thirty seconds and won a playoff game. And then it's happened twice in the same building in the same series in ten days. Sums up how absurd the series has been. And as a Neutron, is glad that it's still going on because it's been incredibly fun to cover, and I'm excited for Game six and Philly tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking at the Knicks and we can all agree they're will coached. But I would think you would say, you know, can test the three. Don't try to block the three, right, Like, that's all, that's just common sense. There can test, but don't don't, you know, encroach on him, don't get close to him, don't let him draw contact and then foul him. You know, when he's coming up and he can take a three, he makes two, we get the ball. We're still going to win this game. So, like which coaching decision, I don't know if it was a coaching decision. I'm assuming these things are said in the timeout. Yeah, of course.
Speaker 10: I mean, look, if you're going to have a game and like this, a lot of things have to go wrong. So Mitchell Robinson should have just let tyres Ma actually shoot a three. Basically, right, you're up seven with twenty eight seconds go. Who cares if you even makes a three. He's got they have to score three times in theory to come back and get in the game. So Tyre, you know, he hit, they're up six, he fouls them, he makes the foul shot. Then they come down, they trap Josh Hart, they foul him. Josh Hart's just got to make two free throws. He splits the free throws, just like last week Kyle Lowry split the free throws to forty five seconds ago set up all the other craziness. Then Timms was yelling for the Knicks to foul. But I give them some sympathy on that because Tyrese is super fast, is coming flying up the court and frankly he pulled up from forty feet and hit an insane shot. But and even then, the Knicks had the ball with eight seconds left, chance to win the game. And the underrated thing and everything that went on is Janaln Bruntsey gets isolated on Nick Batoomb and Batum makes a fantastic play and blocks his shot clean, doesn't foul him, doesn't come close, and make sure that the Knicks don't get the game winner. Baron sends the game to overtime. And actually like the fact that Tips did call time out there, because with all the craziness that was going on, they had a lot better chance of getting a clean look just letting Jalen take the ball and go. So yeah, look, the Nick's had a lot of things they would like to take back in that stretch, but they even came out in overtime and hit Jalen brunsonhead five or six points in the first minute and they were up five or six, it looked like they were going to recover and win the game, and the Sixers just found a way to fight back again and somehow extend the series.
Speaker 2: Joe ellenbi It's tough to even say this with a guy who had a triple double, but I give it was kind of a hollow triple double, nearly a quadruple double with turnovers there. It felt like he was a detriment to this team late in the game. But I have to be respectful of what he's playing through to even get to this point. So what do you expect out of Joe Ellenbiid as the series goes back to Philly.
Speaker 10: I expect the bay Fell is going to be quite tired because he's only got one day between these games. He was very tired after the game last night. I mean, he played forty eight and it's and look, he had a horrible stretch in the fourth quarter where Nick Nurse again left him in to start the fourth quarter. Think that's a mistake. When Embiid gets tired, he starts to make a lot of careless decisions with the ball. He was flinging the ball over the place. To your point, almost had I think he had nine turnovers in the game, But look, the guy's playing through he's coming back from this knee injury. He's dealing with Bell's palsy, which people don't know means that basically half your face is frozen. Not a permanent thing, but it's obviously not ideal for somebody trying to play basketball that their eye doesn't close all the time. And you know, he's also he had a migraine yesterday, and he's just a huge guy that's not used to playing forty eight minutes in games. So look, he thought he played terribly yesterday, he was the first person to say that, but he was able to summon it and make three fantastic defensive plays in the final ninety seconds of overtime that helped clinch the game for Philly. And I think the biggest thing after the game when I talked to him was for years, Joel has sort of jokingly lamented he hasn't had a Jamal Murray next to him, right, it's always been jokichen Embiid who's the better player. And he's always said, look, I don't have a guy that's going for fifty in playoff games. And there's also been a lot of debate about what his future is going to be over the years. Where is he going to play? Is he going to be in Phillies. He's got to go somewhere else. I would say after this series, and especially after Game five, I think all that stuff could be put to bed. And Joel Embiid, who has loved play with Tyres MAXI has been his biggest supporter for years now, is very happy to have a young, precocious superstar next to him who's putting up forty six at the Garden in Game five, reprising the role of Reggie Miller, and you looking like a guy that should be able to play with him for a long time to come and be, frankly, a pretty perfect partnership for the Sixers.
Speaker 2: Tim Bontemps covers the NBA ESPN NBA Reporter covering the seventy six Ers and the Knicks. Can either of these teams go to the NBA Finals?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think they can, Dan, but that's more because I think there's some chance that the Celtics could falter, rather than I would say they're going to be favored to get there. Whoever wins this series should win the next round. I mean, obviously the Bucks are if they're able to come back and beat the Pacers after the Pacers somehow let them get back in the series last night, We'll see where their health status is at. But the Knicks or Sixers, I think would be favored pretty clearly to beat the Bucks or Pacers in the next round. Then you're in the conference finals and you're one your four wins away from the finals. And as we saw in Miami the other night, Christas Porzingis messes up his calf, that's a tricky injury. He could be out for a while and he's a critical part of what Boston does Without him on the court. They get back to the team they've been the last few playoffs, which is very isolation heavy, taking a lot of threes, not a lot of other options on offense. And while that certainly should be good enough for Boston to win, it's not a guarantee, as we saw last year with Miami's, we've seen in the past with Celtics, and especially if they play one of either a Philly team that's gone through the fire a couple rounds and maybe exercise and Demons, or this nixt team that is just big and physical and super tough mentally and plays really hard. Both of them I think could give Boston a lot of trouble inside and potentially make that a very competitive series.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, everybody seems to have an opinion on Lebron. Lebron says he doesn't have an opinion yet, but somehow that information got leaked, which I'm thinking it got leaked by Lebron that it doesn't matter playing with his son. Your thoughts on Lebron's future what makes the most sense?
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't think there's really much the debate whether it makes sense or not. I think he's clearly going to be with the Lakers. I'd be very surprised if he's elsewhere. And look, the Lakers have spent the past few years, you know, not putting all that good of a team around Lebron. They've let a lot of talent out the door. They lost to cacp two years in a row. They could have had Coatavious Cabo Pope's stay on their team. They traded him in the Russell Westbrook trade, which is one of the worst trades in recent memory. They could have kept Alix Caruso and did it You know they've made a lot of personnel mistakes. They could have got Mike Conley in the trade they got the ends of the Russell Mike Conley would have been a huge difference maker for the Lakers. So I think what makes the most sense for Lebron is probably to stay with the Lakers and for the Lakers to make some smart personnel decisions this summer and upgrade the roster around him, because if you have him and Anthony Davis, that should be good enough to be a contender in the West. And instead, as we've seen over the last couple of years, the Lakers are still a clear level below Denver. And as you look at Minnesota in Oklahoma City and these other younger teams in the West, they're only going up and the Lakers are either flat lining or going the other way.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Save travels to Philly. Thank you, Tim, Thanks Dan. That's Tim bond Temps covering the NBA for the Mothership and he'll be going to Philly Thursday night, game five. Give me an idea of what it's going to cost to get into the seventy six ers next game in Philly.
Speaker 8: Okay, this is vividseats dot Com. You you can. The get in price is a one hundred and fifty eight dollars. That's the best price. Those are nosebleed seats. But right now there's I'm looking at least a couple thousand tickets are available for sale. Right now, over two thousand fans are shopping for tickets. Those are likely Knicks fans now Game seven if it goes back to the Knicks at MSG the get in price, the lowest get in price is four hundred and fifty two dollars. How much for court side seats? Game six seventy six ers Nicks?
Speaker 2: Well, are those for sale? Because it feels like those are celebrities.
Speaker 8: I've got Yeah, they mostly are saved for celebrities, but there are some floor seats in the baseline behind the basket. Two baseline seats cost one five grand. Pretty close, it's forty four hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay two. I was wondering about this as I'm looking at the celebrities there the Knicks game. At what point can you tell all a celebrity they're not as big of a celebrity as they once were. Therefore, somebody else might be taking their seat where you don't get front row because somebody. That's somebody's job. When somebody's now you don't have John Stewart doesn't call, you know, his assistant calls or his agent manager calls. But at what point can you say that in a delicate way of somebody court side or used to sit court side. You know, we can't have you know what, all the seats are taken up. Hey, we have some seats up in the loge area. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like we have tickets for you and then when you get there you find out where they are.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, you know, I don't know if we have any court side left because that's where you now. They have a special green room for the court side people. You get to go back and have drinks and you know, it's a it's a little fraternity back there if you go, oh now I go back in the green excuse me? Wait wait, wait, no, no, I'm always in here.
Speaker 5: M not tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Paul right.
Speaker 8: And you could get court side for the Hornets game, but you can't get court side versus the Celtics. Like it's like a sliding scale of a tougher opponent, harder to get court side. We had David Spade the comedian on a couple of years ago, and you asked him about this, and he said, it's like a litmus test of where your career is, because if you call and you don't get a callback, you might be between series. Then you get a new hit series and now they're calling you to appear at Lakers games, or you breeze right into front row seats.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember when we were going to get tickets to the knixt game, and then I wasn't going to go, and then all of a sudden we suddenly didn't have tickets to the Knicks game. PAULI has the email correspondence there.
Speaker 8: Very nice gentlemen said he had five seats for us too. It was a regular season good next game. It was during the Carmelo Anthony era, okay, and I said, oh great, great, and he was going back and forth and the last email was just want to assure you that Dan is with you, guys, correct like he's doing his best. He'll likely be there, and then they went radio silent, He's gonna be there in spirit.
Speaker 3: Which it wasn't like we asked for five court sides seats. It was just like any five seats in the building. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's not like I went from you were going to be in the lows, then we were kicked up to the upper reserves.
Speaker 5: There's no seats at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's odd.
Speaker 3: Oh so Dan, well Dan needs to pick them up personally.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, and then I go, Okay, I'll give you guys my driver's license. You can pick up the tickets there, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: For court side seats, So save you're Tracy Morgan and Timothy Shallomey who's on fire right now, says hey, can I get a court side seat? Do you go to Tracy Morgan or do you just go to one of those other celebrities that have him like he's a staple at the garden. Yes, Do you go to somebody else and say no, not Tracy, not Spike, not Ben's, not Chris Rock.
Speaker 5: You just got some of the sometimes guys.
Speaker 2: Well, Timothy Chaloma is going to get tickets. He'll be courtside last minute. Even Yes, he could walk in, you know and just say hey, uh sorry, uh got a seat for me? Yes, we do, Yes, we do. Uh you get up, yes, Paul, that seems.
Speaker 8: Like a fascinating job. The person who is the last line of defense for Nicks or Lakers tickets.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it would be an interesting job because you get to talk to the person who talks to the celebrity.
Speaker 8: You have a ton of power. Yeah, but the sliding scale of uh, you know, it's an hour before game time. All my I have to save two tickets in case blank blank calls.
Speaker 2: I had asked Sandman. I said, hey, you know, I'd love to go to a Laker game. And then he said, I, Danny, you tell me. And then I said all right, you pick one. And then Sandman out of nowhere goes, uh, Danny, Tomorrow night Lakers, and I go, wait, you got to give me more of a heads up here not in LA. He goes, all right, I'll get somebody else as sam Man was courtside, and I was like, all right, that guy's in my seat there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did love the idea that like, not in LA. And it's like, so, yeah, get here, So just get here, go to the game, go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's like getting invited to Tom Brady's roast. And then I said, well, I'm not going to be in LA. And then I realized I'm just going to be in the audience there which is fine, don't I didn't want to roast Tom Brady, but I was trying to find out if they wanted me to roast, therefore they would want me in New York and it was this Sunday night. Then I would go, but I don't want to be on the dais. I saw who's going to be up there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I got information two weeks ago with a person who's involved in this, and she reached out and I've known her a long time from the days of the Spies, and she just said, Hey, Tom's getting roasted. It's going to be live. Do you want to go? And I'm like, wow, that'd be awesome, but I won't be in LA. She goes, Okay, no worries, just wanted to reach out, thought of you. And then I realized who's going. You're going to have Gronk there, and Edelman's going to be there. Belichick, I believe, is going to be there, so the right people are going to be roasting him. And so I'll watch it like I'm curious what Belichick says in a roast about Tom Brady because is he going to have his own material? Like I don't know. And then if somebody's going to have a joke and Beuncheck's delivering it. It just seems really odd. Edelman is going to crush Brady. I already know that Edelman will. Of all of those guys, Edelman's the one, he's the sniper.
Speaker 3: That's a fellow too, who knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he will be great. Gronk will be Gronk. It's just I think Drew Bledsoe is going to be there as well. So I think you know that kind of the grouping there. Yeah, poem.
Speaker 8: What's awkward though at these roasts are maybe not awkward but great is they make fun of each other too as they Yes, they go up there, they roast the roasters before they get to the main target. Yes, that's where Belichexi might have a hard time.
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine Bill going. And I remember the time that Tom deflated the football and the guy was named the deflator.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you see that picture at the combine too?
Speaker 2: Look at that?
Speaker 3: Who would draft that chubby loser?
Speaker 2: Look at that? And you call that eye candy?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, they give him fake laps like the Patriots media would out.
Speaker 2: Of a of course, of course, yes, yes, marm Does Nick Foles get an invite? Oh no, Eli Manning, he's in I heard is if sources they have to have Eli bring both those Super Bowl trophies out. Just put them on the days su Yeah, have maybe a cape, you know, and he walks out. He's got both those Super Bowl trophies. Just put him right there on the day.
Speaker 8: Is t shirt that says two and oh on it nothing else.
Speaker 2: Well, he had pants on too. Well, doesn't have to let me take a break. Got our play of the day up next right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: WAP oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. God, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 12: Here's Heart's free throw up and Remy good Sixer's inbound down three ninety seven, ninety four season on the line, Max, he's got the bomb, looking to go to overtime.
Speaker 1: Maxie for a three straight away. It's good, eight seconds to go. You made it. Six is tied at ninety seven.
Speaker 2: That's your play of the day. Six Ers Radio Network, MAXI and EMBIID are the first teammates in NBA history with forty five or more points in a playoff series, the same playoff series. That is your play of the day. Play of the day brought to you by simply Save Home Security. I strongly recommend simply Safe Home Security twenty percent off any new simply Safe system when you sign up for fast per tech monitoring. Visit simply Safe dan dot com. Looking at some numbers here, So in each of the last three games in this series, it's featured at least one forty point score EMBIID at fifty in Game three, Bruns in forty seven in Game four, Maxian Bruns and forty in Game five. The last time there was a series that featured three different players scoring forty or more in consecutive games, it wasn't that long ago. It was the twenty twenty one NBA Finals Chris Middleton, Devin Booker, Booker again, Jannis in Game six. But stats, oh, that best dat of the day's stat of the.
Speaker 8: Day here it comes that what stat.
Speaker 3: Of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Doug in North Carolina. Good morning, Doug. What's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Well, Dan, I have to tell you how you inspired me. Yesterday afternoon here in the office, I put on the Best of Billy Joel. I streamed the best of Billy Joel, and maybe the third or fourth song was Alentown, which I haven't heard in thirty or forty years, and I wanted to ask, and forgive me, I'm going to answer ask an answer. I know that's a pet peeve of you, but just so I can hang up and listen, I wanted to ask, what do you think is the best song with a city or state in the title. I'm going to nominate walking in Memphis.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mark Cohne, pretty good, got my feet ten feet off a bill? Well, it's on short notice here. The best city or state like Sweet Home, Alabama, would be one that you'd put in there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could keep it with Billy Joel and do New York State of Mind. That's a great song, New York. That's a good song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paul Detroit Rock City by Kiss. I know it's niche, but that that song is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Viva Las Vegas, Elvis, of course, that's a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know we're missing a ton of that California love. Yeah, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 5: If you want to play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band. That was a good country song. I think that's Alabama. All my exes live in Texas.
Speaker 8: Okay, sweet Home Alabama, huge song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mo Town Philly back again?
Speaker 2: Mmm? Okay.
Speaker 8: London Calling by the Class Okay, straight out of Compton.
Speaker 5: All right, now we're getting there.
Speaker 3: Crazy mother gram from the gang called.
Speaker 5: People with Attitude.
Speaker 8: Here's one for you, Dan that I know you like, which to Lineman by Glenn Campbell. Oh that's one of your old schools.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's good. How about OHI oh, Crosby Steels, Nash and Young.
Speaker 5: Huge Town Blues. That's a good one that.
Speaker 2: Sounds Come on, does exists, DoD You're better than that. It's called h Town. I don't know about that Houston. And Todd's like, yeah, hey, huge town. I go it's it's not.
Speaker 5: A huge I did it to the crowd. You're like, this is cool.
Speaker 2: Look we're there at the super Bowl. Hey, huge Town. I go, shut up, it's h any other. We're going to get a flood of.
Speaker 8: These Philadelphia freedom, very popular song Elton John.
Speaker 2: Yes, California Girls, California dreaming.
Speaker 5: There's all kinds of California.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yes, Paul one of my personal favorites. Streets of Bakersfield, Dwight yoakam okay great so yeah.
Speaker 5: Bruce Springsteen, Streets of Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Street he recognizing usself? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that for the Philadelphia soundtrack?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, yeah, all right? Uh, Luciano in Brooklyn, Luciana.
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, coup. But they took the copy how are you today?
Speaker 2: Good? Good good?
Speaker 11: All right, and look at that handsome everything came taste care what I said? And of course to the good fellaw's Todd Seeking and the street muscle behind the damn Patrick Show, Pauli Pats aka Pauli the Paddle. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Baby? All right?
Speaker 11: Listen now, first of all, Todd, I'm very disappointed. No sleep to Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Oh boys, dang.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that's been that's been no energy all season long. I'm not gonna lie about all right, So all right, cap so listen, I got a doozy for you today. This weekend, we had it got very heated in the barbershop, so much so that we almost had to give this poor young man a terrific beating because he got so emotional that he was getting out of line about it. Right, So, you, being the arbiter of the black barbershop debates, I figured I'll call you so you can de escalate the situation expeditiously.
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go, Here we Goore you do that.
Speaker 11: Before you do that, I need to make it the Jerry trow and I need to have a private members only conversation with Marvin and all the brothers and sisters. Listening really quick? All right, and just in case you're one Ding James from Virginia, you're my plus work.
Speaker 2: You're running out of time, Lyciano.
Speaker 11: All right, listen up here is Cappo and the best of ten? Who wins on two and two? Steph Curry and Tim Duncan versus John Stalking and the Joker.
Speaker 2: That old question, all of that for that I don't even have time to answer it stocked in the joker.
Speaker 8: They just passed to each other.
Speaker 2: No you take it, no, no you take it? No, no no you you hour two on the way, Ryan Reynolds Hill join us and Rob McElhinney