Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done, Yay, that's messed up.
Speaker 3: In SVU podcast, I'm Liza Trigger.
Speaker 1: And I'm Kara Klank and you guys get it. It's SVU recaps, it's true crime, deep dives, sometimes chats interviews with celebs, to be honest, but not today, not today, not today, not a chat episode. And we haven't recorded live in a minute because I've been I've been on the road, but not as a comedian, as a mom and and uh yeah, it's like where are you right now? Right now, I'm in West Virginia. I'm at my in laws. So the bulk of this cross I'm looking.
Speaker 2: At this wallpaper and I'm trying to understand what's happening.
Speaker 3: Basically, I know it's it's just the.
Speaker 2: Ceiling and having a hard time. I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
Speaker 3: It's got it, yeah, yeah, yeah about an elliptical.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm in a funhouse in West Virginia. Helped me out, get me out of here. No, so we just have been driving for like two and a half weeks, and we wanted it here for five days. I was just telling Casey before you got on, like, it actually has been super fun not. I mean, I've obviously snapped at my children a handful of times, but it's not been as I thought I was going to be, like, oh, like but but I honestly was like I could go a few more places.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of sad it's over.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're in West Virginia for a few days, and then we stop off in New Jersey for the fourth of July, and then uh, we'll be in you know, on our in our East Coast destinations for the rest of the summer where we're kind of like able to move, like really unpack. I mean, like obviously getting in and out of hotels with like three couple or two or three massive suitcases and all the kids crap is a little bit annoying. But I guess it's been my only exercise, my only working out of lifting. It's like these suitcases. But I mean, we've seen it's been awesome. Like we've seen a lot of cool shit. We went to Vegas, we went to the Grand Canyon Arches. We stayed at one of those under canvas which are like these, you know, I think I've talked about them before on the Pod, like glamping locations where like you stay intense, but then you have like a nice bed, like a nice king sized bed with like all the nice comfort and pillows like a hotel, but you're still kind of sleeping outside under the stars a little bit, but you have walls of canvas.
Speaker 3: The Grand Canyon cool. I had been before.
Speaker 1: Jared loved it and had never been and was like but it was also like the first stop after Vegas. And the kids were like, it's so hot because it was like, you know, one hundred something degrees. It's so hot, and they don't understand what they're looking at.
Speaker 3: They're like, it's a hole in the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, they got on board, but at the beginning they were being fucked little shits.
Speaker 3: But it was awesome.
Speaker 1: The Green Canyon was great, but I would say Arches for they loved even more because there's so much you can climb on. You can go down into the Green Canyon and everything. But obviously I'm like not going to do that with little kids, so I was more Arches.
Speaker 3: They loved. They loved Mount Rushmore, like it was Mount Rushmore was cool. People were telling me.
Speaker 1: They're like, you know, you can kind of skip Mount Rushmore. It's like not that great. I thought it was cool. I really liked it. We went to Crazy Horse. Thank you to the listeners. We got a lot. I got a lot of amazing suggestions from listeners. We stopped in the Black Hills and went to Crazy Horse thanks to some of the Tommies telling me that.
Speaker 3: We should do that. I mean, did you know that there's another fucking.
Speaker 1: Mountain sculpture happening to honor Crazy Horse, who was Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think people don't like love you know the other faces?
Speaker 3: Yes, right, well the concept of their face.
Speaker 1: I didn't know anything about the Crazy Horse and I went and I watched the whole movie in the little movie theater, and like, this man that decided to do it was basically like, I'm gonna be like the only good white man that has ever worked with the Native American population.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: And he was like, I am going to not involve government money. I'm not like and that's kind of why it's not done yet, I would say, because he doesn't take government money. But there's a beautiful like American Indian Museum there. There's like an American Indian University, and I don't know. I was like learning a lot. It's like really interesting. And his whole face is already in the mountain and part of his hand. It's just that the sculpture itself is going to be massive, with like the head of his horse his whole arm reaching out like it's a big ass sculpture. So I don't know when will be done, but it's very impressive. And the guy who started it, he obviously died. His sons are like taking it up for him. And in the video, one of the sons is like, I could just finish this for my dad, and I was like crying.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was like really really moving.
Speaker 1: And in Lacrosse, I got so many suggestions of what to do in Lacrosse, Wisconsin from the Tommies.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the recks.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to do everything, but we went to like the Pearl ice cream place that everybody recommended, Like ten people told me about this ice cream cush Yeah, Lacrosse is super cute. It's like this little college town has all these cute restaurants, all these cute college town dude. So I was telling my kids Oscar at one point was like holding a sausage in his hand or being gross, and I was like, okay, abe Frohman, the Sausage King of Chicago, like, and my kids were like, what are you talking about? And so I explained the whole plot of Ferris Bueller to them and Rosie was like, I gotta watch this. And then and then when we were in Lacrosse, we found this like eighties restaurant called like the Breakfast Club, and it had a t shirt of ape from and the Sausage King of Chicago. And I was like, Oscar, look there it is. And so I got a picture of him with it. And then when we got to Chicago, we stay with my friend who you know, and we she Rosie watched it with her kids and she loved it.
Speaker 2: One of the best. Yeah, it's the best Chicago that in the Fugitive. But they're different.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they carried number one again a second for I didn't kill my wife for my child, but yeah, like did they love it?
Speaker 3: Yes, she loved it.
Speaker 1: We were like quoting it like I can't believe how much I know of.
Speaker 3: Ferris Bueller, like quotes of it.
Speaker 1: Like I kept being like, remember when the lady goes geeks Let's motorheads. They all love him. They think he's a righteous dude. Like I love that lady. She was on Valor Hogan Family. I was like, I'm a bear. It's warm and scrushy. It's been in my pocket all day. Like I was just pumping out Ferris Bueller lines. I'm looking at the menu at the Pearl ice Cream place. The Pearl was lying out the door. It was it was it's the place to go in town. And my kids.
Speaker 3: I got a milkshake.
Speaker 1: My kids got delicious ice cream monster cookie. It was a flavor they both got.
Speaker 2: Anyway, everybody was like, wading kid wants more than like a fake flavor and an off color. Yes, Like the way I was rabbid for bubblegum ice cream is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just frozen something weird.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know why the blue in the pink is just so many.
Speaker 1: They love the blue because they love to go is my tongue. Glue is my tonguelue, and like stick it out constantly. But Lacrosse. Everybody was like why lacrosse. It's so cute. It's on the Mississippi River. It was like it was a sweet little town. Then I had to go do laundry and lacrosse. It was amazing. I five, I got a moment by myself. I went to the bowling I was like so happy. I was like, sorry, Jared, put the kids to bed. I gotta go do laundry. Drove forever to find I went to three differ laundry mats. Finally found one that was like taking change and working and uh. I went to the bowling alley next door while it was well things were drying to get a beer two seventy five for a bud light. I was like, am I moving to lacrosse?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was amazing. I was like, wait, I want a beer right now. I say that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I was watching World Cup yesterday and I saw Madello commercial and I was like, gimme that.
Speaker 3: Honey, the way I have World Cup fever.
Speaker 1: I mean it, Well, first of all, we're so late, sorry about my travels. How could I have ever predicted that my travels were going to coincide with one of New York and Marishka's biggest moments in their lives.
Speaker 3: Get into every episode. Look at that every episode, going oh my god.
Speaker 1: The background of Liza's phone is Taylor Swift like cradling Marishka, but the one with the smile, not the William Lewis one that I made. The memes memes were incredible. That's not memes. I can't But was that part of your laundry excursion? No?
Speaker 3: I did that? Where did I do that?
Speaker 1: I think I did a before I left, or I did it in the car. I don't know where I did it, but I was.
Speaker 2: I'm getting ahead of myself. But I am seeing Marishka on Broadway this week July second, so I will report next week about everything with the Broadway show. But like I got when Taylor and Marishka were at that game together, the mount of dms I got and texts and messages and everyone. Melissa Rich was like, is that what the insight of your brain looks like? At all times? I go, yeah, I go one hundred percent. Yes, I was just imagining and streaming. She is sixty two years old. This bitch did a matinee. Did her seven o'clock show, shaved off four minutes off the show. I would have been pissed and sprinted ten blocks to make it.
Speaker 3: Are you fucking kidding me, dude?
Speaker 1: And listen one of our listeners, I'm so sorry. I don't have your name, and I also didn't ask you if I could say it. But one of our listeners made her friendship bracelets, brought them to her at the stage door at every brilliant thing, and she was wearing them at the next game.
Speaker 2: She's incredible. Taylor brought her a I mean, I love that so much. I mean, and then when Jalen like leaving after they won, They're like, what are you doing next? He goes getting on SVU. Yes, there's no way he's not. He's gonna be in an SVU. Also, me and Jalen have the same birthday. Thank you very much. So Game four, Game three? Yeah, Game four, I was in skokee so or was that Game three? Everything is so hard?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Game four.
Speaker 2: Game four I was in scoche and I was in group chats. I was trying to do it all, but my dad was like bitching about esp I was like, I'm buying ESPN and he was like, don't spend the money. I'm like, I'm buying ESPN, you dumb piece of shit. So obviously afterwards they're like, thank you so much, those incredible sport like they loved it. We figured out Jalen Brunson went to the high school where my dad was a school bus driver, And so we're creating a reality in our family.
Speaker 3: That my dad wrote that he rode my dad's school bus.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the years co inside, the year's co inside, Like, I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, dude.
Speaker 1: I also was thinking about your dad because I saw this like video on Instagram of this girl that made like her mom's a cerremicist and she her daughter loves her bus driver so much. And I'm talking like a middle school er. This isn't like a little kid. This is like a eighth grader that's like moving on and it's gonna have a different bus driver, and like made her her bus driver the sweetest fucking like mug pand painted the bus like everything, and then they gave it to him.
Speaker 3: I was like crying watching the video. It was so sweet.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, Marishka and like, I you know, we were talking about Jalen Brunson because my mom after the interview, she just kept going, why aren't they more excited? Why aren't they more excited? I go, Mom, they're fucking tired. I go, they're fucking tired. And not only that, the job's not done, the job's not fucking don Yeah. And then I watched an interview with Marishka talking about Jalen Brunson, and it was very much like, it's not about the highs, it's not about the lows. It's about the work for him. And I'm like, yes, that's why he's a fucking hero. So being in New York City obviously electric. I mean, I can't believe that you've got the nicks.
Speaker 1: You've got mom done swimming in his clothes. And when it's ever end.
Speaker 3: There's no end, there's no end, you know. I'm you know, go Mexico.
Speaker 2: And then I was performing in Houston, which is another World Cup host city.
Speaker 3: Oh my uber drivers going to the game.
Speaker 2: Someone came to my show whose son is a goalie, was turning ten that weekend. She's surprised him with tickets. He had no idea, Who's gonna go to that game with Cape verdet Like it's just been New York is so fucking fun. Like I had a bunch of spots last night, and me and Alex English were just walking in between spots and people outside the weed store had a TV. We just stood with a bunch of strangers. A guy left his log cart. We saw him sprinting a catch Morocco tiet ran back to his car.
Speaker 3: Like the city is alive.
Speaker 2: When I was walking into the train, there was all these people outside the bar watching and I ran into two people I knew, like people are just in the fucking.
Speaker 3: Yeah New York. At World Cup when I was there for like a.
Speaker 1: Few World Cups to go, I was up at like eight in the morning drinking at a bar with people I don't watch soccer. I was just like, I'm I'm down. I'm at an event today. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I might have to be like a bad uncle and her husband and like leave leave the event.
Speaker 3: Check my check my phone.
Speaker 2: Well So anyway, so July second, Game five so I'm Survival of the Thickest had a screening at Tribecca Film Festival and just so you guys know the last season, it's already on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Watch it. So yeah, no July second, that yeah, wait.
Speaker 2: What's July second, that's when Survival comes out. Okay, yes, so a few weeks ago whenever, Game five was like that day we had a screening for the final season at at Tribeca, so it was cool. It was like really low key, We're not having a huge premiere this year, but it was like fun. I got to see a bunch of people that I enjoy. We had drinks, and then they had a private room dinner for us at Bad Roman, which is in that funny Columbus Circle mall.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I went to college with a guy who has something to do with that restaurant.
Speaker 3: It was delicious.
Speaker 2: I hadn't had a granada before, like a crunchy ice tick Heila drink the cheese cakes cigaret. I mean, I was getting lit though, I'll be honest, I'm getting lit. We're doing speeches. It's like it's just really really fun. But so the peppermint's there. So then when the dinner's over, it's like, fuck, we gotta watch the game. Where are we gonna go? We go upstairs to some weird bar. So I end up watching the nixt game at this like luxurious giant lounge in this mall. But we're getting so drunk, and then me and three actors from the show and my bestie Julia, we're getting lit. The Knicks win. We hit the streets. We're in Times Square, we walked all the way to Times Square.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of all of it.
Speaker 2: Just all the world, cut people, all the Knicks people, vibes electric. And then the next day though, I'm talking to Julia and I go, oh my god, I feel like the vibes were so good. I was even nice to the cops, and she goes, you taunted them and you were threatened with a baton.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't remember that. Oh wow, oh wow.
Speaker 2: She said there was a guy with a baton, and I kept going, you really need that, you really need your baton. And then I guess I was threatened, but I didn't remember at all.
Speaker 1: The revisionist history of the next day it is hilarious.
Speaker 3: But I was just good willing it with the cops. Hardcore. No, my voice was.
Speaker 2: But I was also in my my like my not evening wear because it was daytime event. But I was like in a baby blue I did do Nicks color, so I had a baby blue dress with like orange flowers, not fully planned, but I leaned in. But I was in formal wear. Like I wasn't formal wear new sneaker. I had to be in just sucks for a while. Julie ended up projectile vomiting outside my apartment. Everyone was at I mean, I just I it was so fucking fun.
Speaker 3: Wait who projectile momented?
Speaker 1: Julia?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean it was wine tequila mixing. It's mixing, it's the mixing. But so that was like insane. The next day, I body her. I didn't get out of bed till like five pm, and then I think I went to like I did something crazy the next day too, like I had something.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to look at my calendar.
Speaker 2: I don't know what what is when or how like I don't even I don't own nixt parade.
Speaker 3: What did I have? The next day? It felt crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh I went to Masquerade, an interactive Phantom of the opera show. So I had to like put on a lace mask and go like through a hall of Broadway, like, oh my god. But I had some beers at Brooklyn Diner. The guy didn't charge me. I mean, the vibes were just like so fucking good. I saw I'm a tale lane make his Broadway day. Bah my god, I see the clips. They look amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean I had high expectations, but they exceeded exceeded.
Speaker 1: So I want to see if I can try to get tickets when I'm there.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's that's a four week run. I'm gonna go again, just because like opening nights so different. But there was like thirty of us on stage afterwards, like we were like it was pandemonium.
Speaker 1: We all wanted Yeah it was. He killed it. He killed it, he killed it, he killed it.
Speaker 2: But parade day, listen, I grew up in a city of champions, Like, I know what this is like. So I just once I saw people were up at like two three in the morning starting to try to get into the parade, I go, there's no fucking way they can enjoy it. I don't need to be in the parade. But of course, Julia put on an orange tube top, was like, I'm gonna make it to the parade.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: She said it felt like being third class at the Titanic. Like every place you tried to go, they'd be like over there, and then everyone rushing and they'd be like, not here. So she called me at eight in the morning and she goes, I'll be at your house in under an hour.
Speaker 3: I'm walking.
Speaker 2: All the trains are closed. I go, great, Oh my god. She messages me. She goes, I'm downstairs. I start drinking at nine in the morning. You know, I'm starting. I'm having mimosas.
Speaker 3: Then we go. Was the parade like Roote? Was it like on Fifth Avenue? What was it doing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: No, it's I went to the ticker tape parade when the women's soccer team in the World Cup, which had less people. But it's not a long route. It's just like from Battery Park up Broadway to City Hall. Oh okay, it's not long at all.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's such a short route to squeeze that many fucking spectators in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, I'm proud of everyone that got in there. We met some of the people after that got in listen. So then we go to mcswarley's, which, if people don't know, is the oldest bar in New York City. It is very strict. It's communal seating. They sit you and you're sitting with whoever, and they move you around. It's light Ale and dark Ale. That's it, and you get two cups per order. It's cash and everyone from Long Island was there, so like everyone that didn't get into the parade was at mcswarthy's. So we got there at opening around eleven. We're with these guys. I'm getting bites of liverwear sandwich. I'm tasting the homemade mustard like I'm getting lit. And then we go to Swift. Julie has to go to work, so she gave all her employees the day off. This bitch is drinking with me since nine am. Goes to work at two thirty pm. Oh my god, I of course by.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm Donnie Candle. I'm drunk as fuck.
Speaker 2: I end up going to my coffee shop having beers. I can't stop drinking. And then I go to a three hour play called Birthright and you can imagine what it's about. And then I had a spot that night.
Speaker 1: Also, I was trying to get you to record an ad that day and you're like, I'm drunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm drunk, like I need the ad. Yeah. If you guys hear a quinn sad, that's a little off kill.
Speaker 1: You should have chexted me Casey, I think me doing it from the car with my kids in the background would have probably worked out.
Speaker 2: No, I did it, but I couldn't stop laughing, Like I was pretty ammord. But yeah, I went to a three hour play after drinking from nine am to about six thirty pm. And then yeah, I did my comedy and then I went home. But like being in the streets, everyone dressed up, everyone in good spirits, chat it. I mean, it's like what I live for, and everyone keeps riding it. Right, So now everyone's just like, let's do World Cup. We got the fourth coming on. I mean, I don't see an end in sight. Also, I don't know if I share the news with everyone or it was maybe just with you guys, or it wasn't confirmed. But I am playing in the Backgammon World Championships in Monte Carlo at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: In Monte Carlo. Yes, okay, you mentioned the Championships. First of all, I thought you said you were going, but I didn't think you were playing. They waved my fees.
Speaker 3: I'm playing in the women's in the intermediate divisions.
Speaker 1: I have a book. I have to be training, but I'm trying. Fuck is happening. Wait, Monte Carlo. I'm going to Monica. I'm going to Monte Carlo is in Monaco and is like glam glamb. I'm literally reading this out loud to tell myself what it is, because I overly heard about Monte Carlo in like movies. Yeah, you're going there, how and you're gonna be there for a few days.
Speaker 3: I think it's five days, five six days, and then I mean the pictures are out of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's like because it's like rich, people know you're not rich, so you shouldn't try to look rich. But it's like, I just don't want to look like a peasant, Like I don't know what I'm supposed to wear in Monaco to like look kind of Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, I think before you go, you should watch.
Speaker 1: The twenty eleven movie Monte Carlo, starring Selena Gomez and Layton Measter and Katie Cassidy.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it before.
Speaker 1: But the three girls going to Monte Carlo.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I will be playing the train.
Speaker 2: My Russian teacher is like, you need to be doing your homework. I'm still reading books. I'm trying to podca. I'm sending in auditions. I'm trying to do work. I don't know how I'm supposed to function.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you understand how this competition works in the sense that like.
Speaker 2: No, and everyone I keep telling they're like, are you good? I go not for the World Championships.
Speaker 3: But they're there. They want to shoot it.
Speaker 2: We're going to do a doc and then maybe make it into a year long journey for next year or something.
Speaker 1: We'll see like yeah, but like is it knockout? Like if you go the way over there and you lose once, are you out? Or you get to play a few times.
Speaker 2: If I lose right away, I mean, I'll be fine watching and enjoying and get okay rank. So I'm not like I think I'll be maybe sad, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know how I'll feel.
Speaker 1: I again again, this is one of those moments I cannot believe. Twenty minutes into the episode, is when you decide to tell me that you're going to the backgam in World Championships to compete in Monte Carlo. That's some classic. I mean, like it's like so crazy, wow ly shit. Yeah, So my summer's just kind of insane. And I just feel more grateful than ever to be in New York City. Yeah, I've it's really been electric.
Speaker 2: Also, I did finally finish Giovanni's Room James Baldwin, and I've been reading I'll Be Gone in the Dark, Michelle McNamara's book I'm about I've read in. I mean, what a fucking writer. I mean, yeah, very impressed with her. And then I've been reading Song of Achilles, which people love my girl Gail, my other heated rivalry fanatics. She sent it to me as a gift with a bookmark that is a close up of Shane and Ilia's eyes in Glinner form. But I'm reading Song of Achilles and everywhere I read it, I get stopped by two to five people. How many times have you read it? I've read it five times. It made me cry, it destroyed me. I read it in high school. It changed my world, like people are obsessed with and I get it. I'm like very into it right now, but I am worried what's going to happen. But so I'm still trying to do an enrichment as well. But I have to train. I don't know how, I don't know what I'm going, where are you your training? You're training with the guy. I'm training with the guy. I have a meeting to I have like a three hour session tomorrow. And he sent me the book he wrote, How not to Suck Up backcam In. But it's like I want to read Song of Achilles, like I don't know what I don't know, and you know I'm getting the hack.
Speaker 1: Backam and it's not like you're like a person's not me. It's like, so you're not they're not taking somebody who's never played before.
Speaker 2: And then I felt really good because when I was home for my mom's birthday, I I beat my dad eleven zero, so it felt awesome. But then I lost to my mom the next day by a lot, so I was like, okay, like it's you know, there are things I should be learning. So no, people have been horny, people have been out people.
Speaker 3: It's been I yeah, like I've been sort of following.
Speaker 1: I mean when I was staying with my friend in Chicago, her husband is from Mexico, so like we were I.
Speaker 3: Did a book. No, that's okay. I want to let people know what I'm reading. I want people. Yeah, I haven't I haven't given up yet. Did you watch Paraguay Germany? Yesterday? In the streets on my way to my set, I just stopped at a bar.
Speaker 1: Is crazy, Like one of my good friends is from Paraguay, so I was like texting her like She's like, I've died three times this game.
Speaker 3: Like it was.
Speaker 1: Rosie was like do I have to go to bed? It was like during the shootout, I was like, Jared, I gotta let her stay up. This is crazy, Like it's so good. I mean, I love watching World Cup Morocco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait for Kate Verde. You know, David Riskalayat. That's what I'm talking about. I'm in the Cape Verde. I do want Mexico to win it all because that'll be the best party.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fact that I'm not in La for the World Cup is a little bit of a bummer.
Speaker 3: Like everywhere I.
Speaker 1: Look, everybody's at watch parties because I like, and I live in such a Mexican neighborhood.
Speaker 3: It's like sad that I'm not there.
Speaker 2: Everyone the happy Meal toys are squashed mollows wearing soccer jerseys.
Speaker 1: So I have them. Oh I got I have the shark and the cat. I have Gordon and Cam wrote the kids. Okay, so Rosie is anemic because she doesn't eat meat, so I start.
Speaker 3: I had to tell her you have to either start.
Speaker 1: Eating meat or you have to take these iron drops in OJ and she's like try the iron drops. It was like fuck these. So now she's trying to eat a little bit of meat. So we've been easing into a couple of like nuggets and things like that on the road. So they got a happy meal and she ate the nuggets and they got the beta fish that says Balisa or it's an Italian player. It's a hot pink with a green jersey Balia, Oh my god, what's his name? But my kids have been obsessed like looking at the squashmallows at every time we stopped to use McDonald's bathrooms and they're like, look at the squashmallows, like they are loving the squashmllo World Cup. Yeah, I have the American and the Mexican.
Speaker 2: I really wanted the Mexican jersey because the guys who work at the coffee shop downstairs, like I want to party with them because when I get home late at night and there's been fun games, they they drink after work.
Speaker 3: So I run into them and I and I like.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I but I but della, butrella is what we have. It's got it's got a green jersey. On is that the Italian jersey?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The thing is hot pink and it's a bait of fish. I guess, oh, okay, you're excited for some others. They they I need to get a Avery Avery's que. What's the US one?
Speaker 3: Gordon?
Speaker 2: I think it's Gordon right the park because it looks like the American jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hard to say. That's been huge.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you know, I don't think I'm ever going to get into sports. But then I get the up oportunity to write one of those little poems about the Nicks, and here we are.
Speaker 3: You know, I was.
Speaker 1: I was proud of my poem. In case anybody didn't read my poem. No, the memes were incredible, but my poem was my captain is Kragan Munch is Jewish cab.
Speaker 3: It's actually alive.
Speaker 1: Nixon five and I'm glad that they actually won in five because that's the one.
Speaker 3: That's the one.
Speaker 2: No, it feels awesome, and like you know, FIFA, this the brackets that like corruption, this, the NBA, the trap, blah blah blah. The end of the day. There's just something so pure about sports. There's something so electric with down to the wire and just fucking camaraderie, like seeing the Brazil team, like supporting the Japanese players and fans that were sad, just like seeing everyone connect and be together. And it's just been awesome yesterday. And at the Cellar, it's a bunch of people here for the World Cup, so like they'll watch the game at the Olive Tree, go to the show.
Speaker 3: People are in Jersey. Oh sorry.
Speaker 2: The Houston Art Museum one of the most incredible places I've ever been in my life.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: I probably was crying fully from art, like probably seven to eight times. Wow, there's a mission Stars in Houston. It's three separate buildings, all connected by tunnels. And I obviously loved like more modern art, and so I was in that modern building for every one of my favorite artists. Every time I turned a corner, I go, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 3: Like it was. It was glorious.
Speaker 2: And then of course I'm sitting alone at this Michelin Star restaurant and they're like, are you celebrating something. I go no, I'm wearing an athletics skirt.
Speaker 3: Like, just bring me my octopus.
Speaker 1: I took my kids to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. I didn't cry, but it was also very fun. But my kids did go swim in that They they kicked around in that water. That installation in Chicago that's near the bean in your Millennium Park, spitting the water.
Speaker 3: They love that. The bean is awesome.
Speaker 2: You know what when people are like, I don't want to be like a tourist, tourist, shit's cool.
Speaker 3: Sorry. They came.
Speaker 1: My friends that live in Chicago came with us. Their kids were like taking pictures of us that we're being so cute. All right, let's get started as always, that's I do. Has the links to our merch which you can buy are Louise Lewis.
Speaker 2: Lewis Louis Slowest. People are wearing them to my shows. Oh the reason I'm off the can Amzer Museum. Besides loving it so much, they had custom FIFA Art Museum soccer jerseys in the gift shop.
Speaker 3: Oh, like, everyone's on board. It's just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: We can also love World Cup and love soccer ball, also saying that FIFA is a shitty company by the way, just f y.
Speaker 2: And America is treating the Iranian team like there's obviously always going to be fucked up stuff.
Speaker 3: But like, I've never heard of the World Cup in my life. Let me live. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm loving it. I'm loving it. I'm collecting the cups.
Speaker 3: It's four years. Where were we four years? Was it four years ago? It wasn't in America. We're just so selfish.
Speaker 1: I was in cutter maybe the one that was Waka Waka with the shakira.
Speaker 3: I remember being invested in that one. I loved in.
Speaker 2: You guess what my song was that I came out to in Houston every night, walka Walka is a monomena. And then the manager was like, oh, is there a time stamp of when you want the song to play? I go, I've never heard of my life. I'm like, World Cup fever. Play the shakira.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just play it. Oh the new World Cup. Yeah, she's she's the World Cup girl. Okay, So that's my sublive dot Com for the merch promo codes.
Speaker 2: Also are people we didn't even mention, Pride, do you understand I'm not surviving this summer?
Speaker 3: I told my mom. I go, mom, I'm not surviving.
Speaker 2: And she goes, well, as long as you're only tired from partying and nothing like harder than that, and I go all right.
Speaker 3: Pride was really uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to do anything cool because I was driving across the country with my kids. But it was cool to see Pride stuff out in like Sioux Falls and like towns like in more red states.
Speaker 3: Like Pride was poppin'.
Speaker 1: But also so was the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of America, which I care less about, although we just celebrated it.
Speaker 3: I hope everybody had a nice Fourth of July today.
Speaker 1: Also, July seventh is the day Alison Leiby's book comes out.
Speaker 3: It's called I'm a Lot.
Speaker 1: Please go buy it, and if you want to listen to our interview with her, it's on our Patreon, Patreon dot com slash that's messed up. We have interview with her and it's a fun chat also about just like life and SVU and all different other things. And then we have more interviews and fun shit coming up, So get on over there. And join the Patreon. But let's get going. Today's episode a classic.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing savant everybody fun word fun app we I feel like we referenced this episode all the time all the.
Speaker 1: Time, because I think I always talk about it's the girl with perfect pitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait the season nine, episode four, two thousand and seven, everybody, And we start with Aiden Quinn in the back of the cab. I know him best from Practical Magic. You might know him from season twenty three SVU, where he's a guy that like, what is it? Did he statutory rape Olivia Benson? But she still loves him and they have a weird thing like I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like she has sex with him again in like her current form and and then I think she realized. Then she hears some bad stuff about him and is like, oh, you've been like dishonest with me, And come to think of it, I think our relationship was kind of weird too when we were younger, Like I think he was a professor of hers or something. I should look into it more deeply, But that's not the character he's playing in this.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I did the episode and I still didn't. But also I just thought he was so famous. But I think practical Magic is just so important to me because I look through as IMDb and I go, I mean, he's a series regular and elementary and he's in Legends of the Fall.
Speaker 1: To me, he's so famous, Lisa, like he was on the wall, Like I thought he was so hot when all he was like Legends of the Fall was so we were all so obsessed with him.
Speaker 3: He was in Benny and June. I always thought he was so handsome.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's quite a bit older than me, but when I was like twelve and he was like in his thirties, I thought he was like so hot, and yeah, he's Beny and June, I thought was.
Speaker 3: A big one. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was like always following who he was dating, like I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Always had always been into Aid and Quinn outspoken critic of Donald Trump. I'm seeing in in his Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, you know what now that I'm looking at it too, it's just like a few of these other ones.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I just always thought he was so handsome and like he really hasn't done that many movies that I've specifically seen, but a few that I have, and like a few that were that imprinted, I would say from an early time.
Speaker 2: And this is a gud McCreary episode. So Judy shout out to Judy.
Speaker 3: She gave us.
Speaker 2: I think some like anyone that talks shit on our pod and names names will for Anthony Rapp, Judy McCreary is that it might be a no.
Speaker 3: I think people said people name names off off Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I like the people being like, well yeah, and then I had to do it with a fucking limited budget and I'm like, yeah, bitch, that does suck.
Speaker 3: You know. I liked it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it's a classic, it's a favorite. We're lucky, we're excited. Aiden Quinn is not on the podcast. Okay, so if you just if you're wondering, oh yeah, sorry, what's.
Speaker 1: Happening on the hell quickly looking into the other character they met when she was sixteen and he was twenty one, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so not great, o great, but yeah we're here. This episode's even worse.
Speaker 2: Okay, so not with him, just in general, well, we don't know if he did it or not okay, chatty Kathy driver. He's in a cab and the cab driver is bitching. He's like, oh, me and my old lady and we had some real blowouts, nothing too physical, but I do wish she would just die. So I just I don't get culture like why. I guess men got a lot out of it. It's just like, why was the foundation of so much of life, like marry this person and no matter how miserable and awful it is, stay Like why would that be the theory that most people build their lives around.
Speaker 1: And it was also like it also felt like back in the day, that's like what men talked about because it wasn't like they were all watching sports on cable, like the same sports always, so I think it would just be like Archie Bunker type shit where you'd be like, oh, my old lady, you know, like that's kind of how men would maybe relate to each other, like, you know, because it wasn't like if you lived outside of New York, you probably weren't watching the Yankees back at a certain time, and it just became this cultural thing to be like, you know what I can I can talk shit on is my old lady.
Speaker 3: But why is but like that's what I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right, you know, it's like religion or like people needed protection or something about working the fields. Like I don't know, but I'm just saying it's such a weird thing to build so much of life upon, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: When I was growing up.
Speaker 2: One of my best friends, like her parents wouldn't acknowledge each other fully lived on different floors. Like oh and they could, and that's that and they're still together.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I mean they would they would drive to church separately. I would not acknowledge it. Like we've talked about this before, like sometimes divorce is expensive. Sometimes women were set up to a point where they couldn't get credit cards to the seventies. If you were to get divorced and your parents were dead, where the hell were you even gonna go?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I know, but that's my question, Like why was it set up this world?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For what I mean, like why didn't everyone get around and be like, wait, maybe we could just like have a good time, Like we're the first generation that's like, maybe we can have a good time. Like I don't think any generation before ours fully like countercultures, subcultures did, but this is the first time I think culturally people are like, oh, I don't want to be miserable forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is a national hierarchy of needs.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I knew my partner was talking to a stranger going, I didn't I've never hit her, but I'd be glad she's dead.
Speaker 3: I know I was saving.
Speaker 1: Like, like, have you seen that that clip that I'm sure you have that's been going around that's from Search Party of John Early going his character being like I don't want to work. I don't like the way it feels, I don't want to do it. I just never want to do it again. And I'm just saying that right now, Like it's funny, like it's a generation. It's it's definitely an exaggeration, but it's like talking about the youth more our generation, millennials and the generations behind us are like more like, yeah, I don't really very very Kim Katrol. I don't want to spend one second of a day doing something when I'm not enjoying myself, right, Yeah, but that acts like that, I go, you know, what things you do actually matter?
Speaker 3: And you're you know, you're affecting people. So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy hates his wife and as, but so does aid and Quinn because no, Aidan says, I know the feeling.
Speaker 2: And but then he tells the driver to shut up. He goes, shut up.
Speaker 1: That kind of res I feel like he was speaking.
Speaker 3: For a lot of people. He goes, will you just shut up?
Speaker 1: Like so many people sometimes feel that way when they have like a cab driver, an uber driver. That's just like life storying it a little bit, you know. Yeah, he's just like me too, stop it.
Speaker 2: And then but then the cab driver goes, I'm sick of circling your block, so we get and then he throws two hundred more dollars cash at him and goes keep driving. So obviously something is afoot. And then a young girl covered in blood in a white nightgown jumps in front of the car. He almost hits her. Everyone's screaming, but then aid and Quinn in the back of the cab goes Katie, and he runs out to Hugger and asks if she's okay and calls her sweet her, but the driver is calling her a moron, So you might just hate all women of all ages married to him or not. Yeah, because it's like, I know it's annoying, but like this girl is covered in blood in the middle of the night, Like I don't know if she's more Yeah, this guy, it's crazy, you know, But I miss cab drivers like this. The last two cabs I've been in, they're like, what's your address and they're putting it in a phone, and it's like, I don't. You can't do that in a yellow to me. You should know, like I would rather someone want to kill their wife and nowhere to go without me having to type in an address.
Speaker 1: Oh, I never give them my address. I would say the corner and then I'd be like keep going and keep going. Yeah, of course, but that's a that's a long gone time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've had two cabs this last week where both of them gave me their phone and were like, put in the address, and it's like, no, I'm wanting a different experience. And then one I was going from second and twenty fourth to fourth and second, which is a straight shot, and he goes put it in.
Speaker 3: I go go straight twenty blocks? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Like, like, I don't know, I don't know damn.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe they do it for traffic because like Google Maps tells you traffic in a way that cab drivers can't like know what's happening with the traffic. No.
Speaker 2: I had a driver in like twenty fifteen that I still think about where I started being like I was like Bushwick and Ainsli.
Speaker 3: It's he goes.
Speaker 2: I know where that is, and I should have gotten his number and been hiring him this whole time.
Speaker 3: I think about him all the time. I think about him all the time.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, So we're at the nine one one operator there's talking, she's hold and then like through the phone because this girl Katie's holding a cordless phone, and you know the dad I had in Quinn's screaming, and then the call the nine one one operators like crank calls are against the law, and I mean all of.
Speaker 3: This sounds really real to me.
Speaker 2: And then Aiden goes into the phone and he's like, my daughter is covered in blood and he's gonna and so they're gonna send someone over now, Aiden, I should I call him his character name?
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: So Quinn boy walks in also, well, Aden, and I didn't realize was a real name tell sex in the city.
Speaker 3: But this guy's older, so yeah, predates.
Speaker 2: So walks in asking for Karen, and then the blood girl calls him dad, so now we know that's his daughter. She stands in the doorway, he hushes her and then he sees the mom bleeding out from her head on the floor, and immediately we have Judith Ciper and Fin Tutuola and he's like, damn heard the vic got her head bashed in. But there's no fourth century. It's not a home invasion, like nothing's missing. So it's like, what's going on? Like Finn is annoyed he's here, and and Judith is like, no, no, no, there's a rape.
Speaker 3: There's a rape.
Speaker 2: So they do the lights and they black light. There's semen everywhere. So then Benson and Stable is that merch. There's semen everywhere everywhere. Benson and Stable are in the hospital while Karen is in surgery, and they ask what I think is Karen? Yeah, for sure, and it's Parana. I was like, who's Karen? You know it's spelt that way for sure?
Speaker 3: For sure. So then we hear a Katie go, what's a rape kit? Dad?
Speaker 2: So that's like a lesson. Katie runs up and she has big glasses and is super friendly. She's like so fucking cute, and she's like, Hi, what's your name? Oh hi, Elliott, you look upset. You need a hug, and she hugs Elliott and there's dramatic music and then Aiden Quinn's like, get come over here, and Stabler's suspicious.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: There's a smirk like because I get it, Like if you're it's like Hayden Penitare in that season two episode. It's like something's going on if you're looking for so much affection from strangers, I guess. So we're off to the credits and then we're at the precinct and it's it's a lake episode. So it's lake Finn and Munch and they're trying to work, and Katie walks up to Munch and goes some people think I'm an elf, but I'm not. And then she only has one point ear not to and she wants a hug from Munch too, and he goes, no, I'm a stranger, and she says okay bye and walks away, and then she goes and runs her fingers through Finn's ponytail and I am just upset because it's like, you're not supposed to such black people's hair in general, but like also Fintutuola especially so you shouldn't touch white people, say like, you shouldn't touch anyone's here, but it just happens to black people too much. Guys like I love this kid to just grab Finn's ponytail and start twirtling with it. It's just like one of my favorite things I've never noticed in the show until this rewatch. And he doesn't like it, and so she's like, are you mad at me? And Munch's like, babe, like we're all strangers. Okay, we're all strangers, Like you gotta stop. But then you know, everyone smiles at her and they have a sweet moment and everyone loves her. So Craigan is spying in the dark through the blinds and he Benson and Stable are with him, and he just goes, what's wrong with her? And what's wrong with her is she has something called Williams syndrome, which I'm sure, Kara, are you doing later or.
Speaker 1: No, no, because they kind of talk about it in the episode, but I did look up some of it.
Speaker 3: If you want me to talk about it here.
Speaker 1: But what I think is interesting is that this little girl actress does not have it. She's wearing fake teeth, and she's been in another episode, Wait which episode she was in Serendipity The Honey the Honey Rape. Was she one of the victims, Yes, she's one of the little girls WHOA Yeah, So she's been in two episodes of SVU and two episodes one of Criminal Intent and one of Original Recipe.
Speaker 3: And she's super cute. But she's wearing like.
Speaker 1: Prosthetic, like a teeth implant thing here too, because what I read about Williams syndrome is it causes a few facial differences like in the chin and round her cheeks and protruding teeth a little bit. And then I think sometimes various genetic disorders you can see the differences in ears, and william syndrome is literally like the result of just missing a few genes on one like arm of a chromosome.
Speaker 3: So it's it's really rare. Wow.
Speaker 2: And I bet that she like kind of crushed it in Serendipity, so they're like, we got to bring this girl back.
Speaker 1: Let's get this going. But I don't think she acts much very much anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean for her.
Speaker 1: IMDb says, she does that show what would you do? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: But that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does kill it. I mean, this is one of the classic episodes. But I also love that, like Craigan becomes a full boomer. If anyone has special needs, if there's any disability, it's like, is any slow and stupid?
Speaker 3: What do we do on trial?
Speaker 2: Like he's just never okay with any differences totally. So the dad told them, like, be patient with her, she is special and Craigan thinks if the two of them are there together, they'll get more stuff done. So the dad's being super nice and encouraging Katie to talk, and they're in the kid toy room and Benson his short hair don't care vibes with a swoop bang. You forget that she has short hair again, you know what I mean? You forget or iet at least. Oh, and obviously with William syndrome, it's like, clearly this is a Neil Bear episode, like whenever, it's so specific, it's like this, this is our guy. So she's scared, but she is going to talk and she says that they were yelling and she covers her ears. She's like too loud, so she hid under her bed and then she said, she you know, is quiet, and then shared foot and went and found her mom, and the mom was bleeding out, so she took the phone even though she's not allowed to, but it was an emergency.
Speaker 3: And then the dad came home and he.
Speaker 2: Was gone a long time, and then she goes the end, and then so we find out about him. He's a project manager for a biotech company and he does travel a lot, and the family always drives him to the airport. It's her, it's his turn to talk, so he sends her to explore and basically they're like, why were you driving around the block, Like what's going on? He says, I'm buying time for the inevitable fight that was going to happen about my long trips and how she feels like a single parent, and so then they're like okay, so then who did this?
Speaker 3: Like who has a grudge?
Speaker 2: And he goes, we don't really hang out with anybody except for other parents in a support group that like deal with you know, like that have kids with special needs. And then Katie also she had like a giant cardiac surgery six months ago, so like they're just they're not really going out. But there has been tension in the therapy group because they are filing a wrongful suit. I wrote wrongful birthday suit. It's wrongful birth suit against doctor Gerald Morgan. And he's like a very popular doctor in the community, so everyone's mad because if he wins, he'll lose his insurance and then closes practice and other parents don't like that. So Benson and Stable are now dilly dallying at the Center precinct and Craigan asks like, do you think it's the husband, and they're like, well, he's obviously a suspect, but he was out of town. So let's like check flights and the group's therapy couples and see what's up. Like, I'm sure someone will talk shit about them. So we're at the Center and it's the fucking woman I saw at the bar that I couldn't place, the brown, curly haired girl where I'm like, I was at Swift and I was looking and I was looking up like all like, lawyer, is she a judge?
Speaker 3: It's fucking her, Geraldine Hughes.
Speaker 2: She was born in Belfast, so of course she's at the fucking Irish pub having a nice skinness with her friends and it's fucking her.
Speaker 3: How did you clock this woman?
Speaker 1: She's only in this episode and one other call reason that I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I wrote, I mean for me to remember her from these two tiny parts, because she's in a another episodes of nineteen no good reason, which I don't even remember. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, And then I wrote, no wonder I couldn't find her online. I assumed it was a recurring role, and no, this is the woman that I saw that. I was like, that's an s Tobu woman and I need to and I clocked her and it's her. That's actually so crazy. Well, I'm just lucky we finally got like we did this.
Speaker 3: You. I wish there was a camera on me when I saw her walk onto the screen and you were texting us, and I'm like, in a million years, I couldn't have guessed this person.
Speaker 1: She's in two rare like Savanta Paintic episode but I don't even like really remember her part that well. And like you know that just a mom and a grief group. Yeah, this is her though you people have SVU face. Yeah, and I'm sure she's like a theater woman, you know, but like the fact that I knew immediately to the point where I assumed she must have been a defense attorney.
Speaker 3: Nope, so crazy.
Speaker 2: So she's being a bitch to a blonde man who was just in the campus rape episode. Remember I said, one of the rapists in what is a devastating story, I said, is in this episode. So it's him and they're having like a teen mom fights classic, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was just like the blonde one in the Raye Poppin House. So he just has longer hair here. And I didn't write his name. I was obviously still really like floating from seeing the woman from the bar, so you know, it's just like a normal teen attitude, and the mom's like, shut up. So then we cut to a different couple and they're talking about their child with Down syndrome, and the dad's a surgeon, so he's like, oh god, everyone's so fucking litigious, and he's taking the doctor's side. And then it cuts back to my best friend and her husband is an sv repeat guest as well. Robert Clawhassey. He's in four episodes. He's seasoned one, Bad Blood Season three, Prodigy and season fourteen Girl Dishonored. I of course remember him from thirty eight episodes of OZ. So they talk about how but his face is like you know that face, Like he is classic SVU face.
Speaker 3: Too, totally, he's so SVU face. They talk about how.
Speaker 2: It fucks up marriages and it's like really hard to deal with, like it puts strains on couples, Like I don't think that's like obvious to me. I feel like just having a kid without like special needs put strain on couple. Yeah, I can't imagine then having to deal with like a whole new system, whole new issues, unrelatability, like your expectations, I mean.
Speaker 1: Having to like navigate like the school system and advocate for It's like that sounds like a so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how your kid is treated and yeah yeah. So so then they talk to another woman and there she's explaining that Aiden Quinn and Krinne separated but then got back together a few months ago, and Stabler asks how she feels about the lawsuit and she's like, listen, I fucking get it. I asked them to check for everything, and my kid's disease wasn't on the panel. It is now though, but like now my kid has this like terrible disease that wasn't checked for.
Speaker 1: So Benson and s Taylor are you can't, like I mean a lot of times like you can't. Some genetic disorders are so rare, like fifty people in the world have them, like their Denovo Janes, like is what it's called. And you can't just even the panel that tests for two hundred things, like you can't test for those, you know, So it does just things just do happen, So you can't always like suit sue a hospital or a doctor, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Benson and Taylor are trying to figure it out in a street walk and talk like wait, so if they just got back together, why was he like trying to avoid a fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Saylor steps walking and just starts staring off and basically Kathy is pregnant right now, so he's like, fuck, she's over forty having a baby and getting kind of freaked out with this case and what's gonna happen? And Benson asked why they won't see a doctor, and obviously it's because he's Catholic, so they're not. They're they're like, I guess.
Speaker 3: What Catholics don't go to in the year two thousand something, nobody wouldn't. He wouldn't abort. So oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh. He says, we're Catholic. That's right. I remember this part.
Speaker 1: He goes, we're Catholic, so what does it matter, like even if we find something out, Yeah, so you know, but which is so crazy to be Like if a doctor told you, actually, this kid will know nothing but pain, he will he or she will live for twenty four hours, Like the best case scenario would be for you to abord the pregnancy.
Speaker 3: He's like, sorry, Catholic, you know they'll love to suffer.
Speaker 2: That's my theory why Ireland doesn't have more hot tubs, because that's like something I'm really passionate about because it's perfect hot tub weather. It's the only thing that can make that country better. And I think it's the Catholicism.
Speaker 3: Is the hot tubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like they don't like their bodies or pleasure like being in warm But to me, I'm like, it's like perfect hot tub weather, like to be in the green mouinlair, warm water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like my dream. It's we got to talk to ashling about this.
Speaker 1: We got to find out why there's not more hot You don't think I don't bring this up to every Irish person I meet, Kara, It's like, are they like, no, we just don't fuck with hot tubs or do they have any reasons?
Speaker 3: And you know they agree with me, but it's not even a thought there.
Speaker 2: One time I was in Ireland and it was during a heat wave, and so everyone every story I went into too, you know, I was walking around Dublin. Everyone's like, make sure you're drinking water. Oh so hot out there. I was in a denim. It was sixty degrees. That's a heat wave for them, like they were suffering boiling boiling, So hi, I don't really know because I've stayed at really cool hotels and like traveled all over and driven all over.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite places to be and I'm just like, God, if I could just come this place up, God, But no, they don't even think about it.
Speaker 2: So it's not even like they were They're like, oh what, because that's not even something they're thinking about. Yeah, it's just what I think about all the time. But but if I end up, hopefully one day owning home there, I will build a hot tub and I will start the trend. Anyways, back to here, we're going to doctor Morgan's office. So Finn and Lake are together and a woman asks them about their birth journey, like in the waiting room, and she's like, it's so hard for gay couples to adopt, you know, surrogacy, it must be the best option. And she's like, I can't believe they would rather kids be in orphanages than a good gay home. And you guys seem like a really nice couple to me. And she's like so smiley and sweet, and then Lake grabs like Finn's thigh really lovingly, and I don't know, maybe some fanfic can be written, but he does. And then Finn, obviously homophobic, throws Lake's hand off, and so he does not want to pretend to be gay, and so then they go talk to the doc, who obviously wants his lawyer and like, is not going to start talking about this couple, and they're like, no, relax, we're not here about the lawsuit. Someone attacked and raped carin Nicholson last night, and that's what we care about. He is really hot, this doctor, but he's just like evil Stern and doesn't give a fuck. He goes, I go from work home, That's all I do. He's super defensive. He's like, there's no grounds for the fucking lawsuit because she did the amnio pass the abortion cut off. So it's like, what do you want and they're like, yeah, we don't care again. We just like give us your DNA and then we'll be out of your hair. And he agrees to it like he has he's mad and has an attitude.
Speaker 3: He's like the.
Speaker 2: Nurse will come to a boockle, swab or buckle or whatever you say it. But I like that he's immediately giving up the DNA. So then Olivia and Chester, I guess, are in trial preps. So Finn and Stabler are gonna work together. Finn is on the phone with the lab and doctor Morgan is not a match, so they're like, okay, let's probably the dad, maybe a life insurance money. There's a big policy on carin half a million dollars. And the Munch is also like, well, we have no flight records either for him at all, so it's motive and opportunity, and we see footage of him going to the airport. He says bye to his wife and Katie, and then he leaves the terminal and gets in a cab immediately, so in and out, no flight. So now he's back in cemtroom bars. He doesn't want to answer any questions. He will not speak. Stabler and Finn are trying to get him to talk, and then bam, Dean porter FBI former guests of the podcast comes in, goes homeland security issue. You're not talking to him, go fuck yourself, FBI forever. So then basically the Patriot Act is more important than rape and murder to these people. So I also don't know any terrorists are being stopped all the time. But I also I think rape and murder is bad, Like I don't know, Yeah, I don't know anything. So so Finn Stabler exchange annoid slow motion looks and then so now they have to figure shit out without him. Munch does a report on the guy, and Aidan Quinn has a master's from Penn and then a PhD in biocam engineering from Berkeley and aerosols are his specialty. So then Munch of course conspiracy theorying about anthrax, warfare, money, think tanks, gas masks, panic, you know, just all the buzzwords, and Sailor goes, okay, but why do the FEDS need him so badly? Munch goes, well, I'll keep digging, and Finn and Staylor go to meet Novak. She has bounce volume blowout in her red hair era and she does have a warrant for his DNA, which is awesome, but they have to take the DNA in public and.
Speaker 3: They can't ask any questions.
Speaker 2: Stabler wants to know when they can sit down with him, and she's like, babe, I'm working on it. In the meantime, she's like, go talk to every other single person in his life, like get to work, she says, treat him like a purp and maybe he'll come to you. And so now we're at Mercy General Hospital. The couple from the Center is there and the husband's like, bitch, we're intruding, Like we shouldn't be here. This is weird. And the woman is so nice. She's like, I just want to visit Carin. So Stabler and Finn ask what's up, and Ben, the husband aidan Quinn, I haven't said his name at all once.
Speaker 3: His name is Ben.
Speaker 2: So Ben is with her right now, and he's like, just talk to Ben at least, and the man says no and leaves his wife there. So the FBI is there as well, and they're like get out of here, and they go, well, we have a warrant for the DNA. So Stabler says, let's take this outside because they have to do it in public. So now there's a walk and talk through the hospit at all halls and Dean Porter goes, listen, this isn't your guy, and Stabler goes, okay, yeah, yeah, but like you wouldn't like lie to save your own investigation. Yeah, right, So then the brunette curls and Aiden Quinn make eye contact and she says, why are you treating him this way when his wife was attacked? And Finn's like, well, it might be him that did it, but she doesn't believe it, and also can't believe that they like are just taking his DNA right there, like she's really protective of him. And then the doctor comes out and goes, listen, this is serious. Pieces of her sculler embedded deep in her left timp poral lobe swelling, and she's in a coma. We were not able to save the fetus either, dun dun. She was three months a long. He did not know she was pregnant, so he's struggling to grasp this information and deal with it in front of everyone. So he like walks off in a shock, and then Brown curls looks really really guilty and like, if that's her best friend, she might have known. So Finn is like, want to tell us something. She goes no, nothing, and they're like you have to say something if you know something thing, but she says sorry and runs off, and then the FBI says leave Ben alone or else. So Stabler is bitching at the office, and Novak did some sort of filing of emotion and the hearing is going to be tomorrow.
Speaker 3: They're getting nowhere.
Speaker 2: Nailing this guy so much, is like, just hit him where it hurts and let's go harass his young daughter. So Stabler goes, well, it didn't really work last time, and he says you weren't asking the right questions and Stabler swings his head around all offended, and Munch goes, well, I did research and talk to experts on her condition, and Craigan is the one normal person here and is like, I kind of feel uncomfortable. Going after a special needs child trying to screw over her father, and Novak's like, well, what other choice do we have? And I'm thinking look for another suspect. So anyway, so they're like, okay, Munch, what did you learn? So they're very empathetic kids like with Turner syndrome, and they study faces for emotional expressions. They're very sensitive, eager to please, affectionate, and savant skills like superhering and perf pitch and Stabler goes, yep, she covered her ears because of all the yelling, so she heard every word. Munch bets, but they confuse time and who said what? They just remember all the details, but like time eludes them. So Novak's like, well, well, like what we'll have to deal with on the stand and Munch goes, you know, anxiety add it's trouble taking criticism.
Speaker 3: And then Finn goes, well that sounds like you.
Speaker 2: And Finn says she can't lie to protect her dad and Munch says nope, Like they don't. They don't have any guile, is what Marsh says. Like, they're not gonna lie. They don't know what deception is. So they got to get her in here knock on his door. He says, get the hell away from my door. You have been thinking I tried to kill my wife. I'll kill you. He doesn't want them speaking to his daughter, and Novak threatens him while holding the door open. He's annoyed, but size and lets them in. Novak looks at Stabler like, aren't you glad it came with you?
Speaker 3: Loser?
Speaker 2: Katie remembers Fin and Elliott's names and happy to see them, and then hugs Casey Novak and then they all sit down for a chat. And what did you hear that night? And she heard you're ripping our family apart, and Aidan Quinn looks like really stress listening to this, And then I guess the mom screamed I hate you. And then she heard a slap and she claps her hands, and then she heard come here, baby, you smell good, and Aiden Quinn starts panicking and tearing up a little bit.
Speaker 3: And that wasn't her dad.
Speaker 2: He was at home at this portion of the listening, so the man wouldn't have been there. But she has heard this man's voice before, so that's something. And she always hears everything. And then she's heard come here, baby, you smell good, she repeats, and again she has perfect pitch, and she hears everything. And then she admits to her father about the man, and he said not to worry and everything will be fine. We're a family and we're going to stay together no matter what. The end was that clear whatever, This is everything she hears. She doesn't know who it is, but it's not Aiden Quinn. So then Aidan Quinn's head is in his own hands, and she runs to hug him, and then they hug, and so now they're all outside. So basically he knew about the cheating.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 1: Confused about this when I was watching too. When she hears the slap and you're ripping our family apart, and she says, that's my dad's voice. And then she hears the mom say I hate you. That is all a fight with her dad, right, But then the other voice, I come your baby, you smell good.
Speaker 3: That's a different voice. So do you think Aiden Quinn came home from the like his fake trip.
Speaker 1: They got into a fight and then he was circling the block and that's when this other person came in or or I thought maybe she was just oh the timelines, maybe it's different, yellings, Yeah, she's hearing a bunch of she's just telling you a bunch of different stuff she has heard, but she doesn't like know really when yeah, that's that's really what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what it is. But he knew about the cheating, but they need to find evidence. Novak's like, can you just fucking find some evidence? Like circling the block is obviously shady as hell? Like what is up? So Casey goes to the courthouse and she's meeting with an assistant US attorney, Marian Springer, and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, I have nothing to talk to you about. What do you want.
Speaker 2: Casey goes, he tried to kill his wife and I can't figure out why you're shielding him. And she goes, if you had enough evidence, you would have arrested him. So he was with us, and she goes really the whole time, and she goes, yep, need to know.
Speaker 3: Novac goes, yeah, I need to know.
Speaker 2: There's a woman in a coma and she just hands over a paper with the Patriot Act and Casey walks off fuming, and the other woman goes save it for the judge. So now it's chaos at the priestinct. Everyone's confused, that's as to what's going on, including US. Feds won't budge and they have nothing else. So then Tina Parvin from the group has come to make a statement and this is my friend from the bar. Yes, and Lake and Benson sit with her, and she didn't know what to do. She couldn't believe that Ben would hurt Karen. But karenn was cheating. She was pregnant, and Ben didn't want more kids because he didn't want to take attention away from Katie. This is confusing too, so she did a DNC and then she was pissed when he got a a sexy me without telling her, so like she couldn't lie about it. But doesn't a DNC mean like terminating the hospital?
Speaker 3: So how it does? She said to be he is like a surgical abortion.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if she lied to her friend about having a DNC and then didn't do it. But yeah, why would she have a DNC if she wanted more kids but he didn't, Well, because maybe she had to get it because he had a sexymy so he would know it wasn't his. But she kept it and her best friend thinks she had a DNC, so I am confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she says, she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know who she was sleeping with, but they're best friends and maybe like she thought that, like her friend wouldn't approve. Munch comes in and goes Krinn is conscious, so they go to talk to her and she is flipping out. She has all the way around head bandage, but it's like the top of the head too. It's like very upsetting to look at, to be honest, multiple medical professionals are holding her down and she's begging for them to please let her go, and then Benson and Lake arrive and straight up they're like, babe, you were attacked, give us scoop. And she keeps talking about Katie's surgery and how Katie is in surgery and she has to get to her daughter Katie, and she's like confused, that's what's happening. And Lake looks really scared looking at this. So the doctor drugs her to calm her down, and she explains how her head injuries are unpredictable and she might have retrograde amnesia, so depending on the damage to the frontal lobe, she might never get her memory back, and so she thinks it's six months.
Speaker 3: Ago and that's why she's so confused.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna do tests and figure it out, and the tests very fast. She's back and Carina knows who she is and like where she is, but not what day it is, and she thinks it's April two thousand and seven and there's no cure and there's no way what she will recall or not. She says, the husband won't return her calls, but like she needs friends and family around her.
Speaker 3: She's not going to be able to recover, so what are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: So now Casey's suddenly and is there as well, and now we want rushed to court. So then it's a judge his name's judge trying and the attorney General and Casey are arguing in front of the judge and she's like, I'm on the attorney general side though, like you need to find evidence, like I hate what they want, like all this stuff.
Speaker 3: When it's like, but you do need evidence, like.
Speaker 1: You have you guys know how the law works, Like if this is all circumstantial, you need evidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the appeal is denied. The judge is like, you got to get more evidence, and then I'll reconsider, but you guys are not doing a good job. When they walk outside, Casey says, I hope this bastard is worth it to the attorney general. And they're like, Ben Nicholson is a biochemical engineering specialist, and Casey's like, okay, in what like is that secret too? And she explains he's bait and he works for an international corporation, and Casey suddenly is like, oh, I get it. So it's a sting operation and diminishing what she says. And she responds that if buyers from roganations try to buy trade secrets, I've done my job. So, like she goes, there's a terror on every corner, you just don't know about it, and they're using him as bait in an international corporation to steal secret I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think if you also do biochemical engineering, they get worried about terrorists approaching you to get possibly like biochemical weapons, you know, like and those are so scary of like you know, saren in a subway that kills hundreds of people in want like when they're trapped or something like that. You know, so, and there have been attacks like that, So I think maybe that's what she's talking about, like why he would be like why he would be like a desirable person for a terrorist organization to approach.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, So so he's the bait. Okay, yeah, I got it. Can't the terrorists get their own biomedical people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Casey's at a center, the Center precinct, and she's explaining what seems obvious, like they need physical evidence to link him to the crime or he is off limits, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: So then Munch comes in.
Speaker 2: With a middlea folder and the DNA is back and Nicholson did not rape her. And it's actually the best friend's husband, so the OZ guy so and he's Marine reserved Joel Parvin, So Tina's husband. So she is fucking her best friend's husband. Ooh, and he's in cement room bars so fucking fast and he goes nothing happened, and they say, well, Karen Nicholson might disagree with you on that one. He's like, I was with her that night and she told him about the baby and they got into a fight because she was going to keep it. But like again the DNC, I'm so confused. So then it's like, oh, so then you bashed her head in. Stabler leans into his face and he goes, you guys have it all wrong. Yeah, I was angry. My wife and me started to work things out again, and he says, you don't know what it's like, and Benson goes, please don't use your son as an excuse. You slept with your wife's friend and you got her pregnant. And he says when they started, they were both separated, but they just couldn't stop. He went there to make a clean break, but then they fucked and he did not hit her. She was fine when he left around eleven PM and he went home and he says, arrest me because you can't keep me. Like he goes, arrest me or not, but like, I know you can't keep me here. So what are they gonna do? They suggest a voice lineup to do with Katie. Casey goes, well, she's disabled, it won't hold up in court. But Stable goes, well, she's not stupid, and Craigan says she's an emotional rollercoaster, like is she going to break in the cross And Benson's like, listen, let's just see if she makes the id. So they put her through that. It's a voice lineup and she clocks him immediately with his dumb accent. He's like, it's not a dumb accent. He's just like very East Coast, I would say. So Chauncey is the lawyer, and he gives attitude immediately like oh or with a slow girl. It's like, okay, well she idd your client, so figure it out. He's like she's not credible, and he calls it a waste of time, and she can't say what happened, and she keeps going with what she heard and the so she's now explaining everything she heard. I want to baby that can grow up, be normal. That's what I want too. Damn bad, you're breaking up my home, you selfish bitch. Then she heard ow, let.
Speaker 3: Go, you're hurting me.
Speaker 2: Then bam, mom was crying bam, bam bam, then breathing bitch in a low voice, and then he went away. But like then she goes, but that's the wrong word, Like that's not what it means, right, is it, dad?
Speaker 3: And then she goes the end.
Speaker 2: So then Stabler's eyes are really big and he leans down and is like, Katie is the man in the other room who said all that She goes, no, that's not him, and they're like, so you're sure the voices are different. She's like, yep, the pitch is too low. So now Chauncey is smug and everyone's confused. And then you know, Aiden Quinn hugs and kisses her daughter his daughter, and then the son is there to meet his dad and Katie gives him a dirty look, goes right up to the sun and goes, you use the wrong word.
Speaker 3: Bitch is a female dog. And it's dramatic music.
Speaker 2: Everyone mouth is open and shock, and Stabler says, are you sure, and Katie goes, my mother is not a bitch, and dad is like, what the hell did you do?
Speaker 3: And so this is the blonde son.
Speaker 2: A stating story, so like he has the long blonde hair, he's the Parvin's son. So Stabler takes the blonde son who has a full bob and Dad says, don't say anything, and I'll get you out as soon as I can. So then Aidan Quinn looks so pissed, and he comes back late at night to talk to Stabler alone, who's late night avoiding his family. Of course, like you could do paperwork on the couch. How teachers grade papers. So then Stabler's like, is everything all right? And it's like, I know, there's the saying that there aren't stupid questions, but like asking Aid and Quinn if everything's all right is like kind of psychotic. No, he's going through a lot. He's going through a lotta Why did he attack Karen? And he has a lawyer, so he's not talking, And then Aiden Quinn sighs and falls. He was hoping there was a confession so Katie didn't have to testify. So the Parvins have separated a bunch of times before, and the son followed his dad and went into the apartment after his father left from like I guess fucking and fighting this woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But Katie is the only witness to all of this, and not even really it's just like a hearing an auditory witness. But like he just people just don't want her in the stand. Everyone just does not want her on the stand. Basically, they just know Chauncey is gonna like fucking go after her, so tough. So then Stabler says he promises that he's gonna shield the daughter from as much as possible, and he says thank you when he leaves. Stabler is so stressed by all of this. And now we're at the swear ability hearing and it's Judge Petrovsky. Hell yeah, and they're gonna see if Katie can be a reliable witness in court. And Shauncey says, it's a waste of time. She's severely disabled, and Casey's like, okay, disabled or not, she clearly heard everything that happened and I did the defendant. And the judge goes, well, that seems reasonable, and so let's get this girl here and see what's up. But she's not here, and Chauncey goes, well, we gave her the date and time, and it's like it's a kid, Like it's her parents.
Speaker 3: You can't blame the kid for not showing up to court.
Speaker 2: She's not driving there, she can't like take the sixth train, like it's so crazy. But where is the dad and daughter? Either way, it's an issue no one knows. The judge gives them twenty four hours to find them, so like, is it deaf? Yeah, So Stabler is now talking to Dean Porter and he calls Stabler a bastard and also says we don't have him either.
Speaker 3: He's off the grid, so I'm pretty worried about where he is.
Speaker 2: There's work he needs to be doing and people he needs to meet, and instead he's protecting his daughter from you. And he's like, you think I like this, and Dean goes, I mean, what would you do in his place? And obviously Elliott can put himself in the shoes of this man and goes, yes, I would hide her in the last place anybody would look. And Dean says, if you find him, let me know, and Stable goes, uh, yeah, he'll be my first call. So we find Tina Parvin and she used her bank card and so that's how Stabler found her. She denies knowing where anyone is, and Stabler goes like, I know what's up. I know you're protecting his daughter and he's protecting your son, and that's what you guys are doing. So and she calls him crazy and tries to talk like, walk it off, talk it off. Sabor's you know she's doing court to testify against your son Alex. If you refuse, then you're an accessory and you're guilty of obstruction. She stops walking and Ben went to meet someone, and Katy is with Andrew and her sister. So back in court, Katie's on the stand. She knows what what truth means. She understands the concept of punishment. She's so cute, and Casey's like, have you ever told a lie? And she said that, like she ate a girl cheese that she hated but said she liked it, so she's like honest, and then Judge Petrovski gavels, but it's so loud that Katie screams and Casey's like, hey, hello her hearing and Judge is so cute and she's like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: She goes, that's okay, can I get a hug?
Speaker 1: And Judge brut He's like no, really confused, and then.
Speaker 3: Like such a funny reaction. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's so cute because then she goes, well maybe later, you know, I really I love Judge Petrovsky and I love this moment. So Casey is like, did you hear the man in the bedroom say anything else? She goes yeah, and then she's like, oh yeah, well, you know, like people are fucking and Katie heard it, and the judge goes, that's enough. Katie, So Alex argued and hit her mother, and she asks her how she knew the difference between their voices, and she goes, the father is an even tempo, large pitch and deep timber. Alex is fast tempo, high pitch and medium timber. And she goes, I know what I heard the end, and then Casey says thank you. Sabler's in the hall and Aiden finally comes and they have a back and forth, and then Sablor says, well, Katie isn't as weak as you think she is, which is psycho to say to a parent. And he goes, oh, because you're an expert now, like it's crazy, and he goes, no, I just know a liar when I see one, and he goes, what like he gets so defensive, and Saber's like, I don't think you're worried about your daughter. I think you're worried about yourself. And he screams the defense attorney is going to rip her to shreds. And mister Parvin has a kid with William syndrome two. He knows exactly how to push the buttons of my daughter. And he says, you left your daughter with the parven not to protect your daughter. He responds, you don't know what you're talking about, and Stable goes, well, I know that the FEDS are looking for you, and you fell off the grid and you took a meeting without them knowing about it, and he's so smug, and Aiden goes, not everything I do is their business. And there's a twinkle in Stabler's eye and he's like, yeah, so you got all this cash for the Cabby even though you're bankrupt. So what's going on? Like what are you doing? Where are you getting this money? Who are you meeting for? And it made Stabler wonder, and he said, you can wonder all you want, but don't question the love I have for my daughter. And he says everyone has an excuse, but if I were you, I would think of a better one for the FBI. He gets up to leave as Dean Porter enterers and Dean goes, thanks for the heads up, So, like, I guess he did help the FBI, which is crazy. So then Chauncey's gonna again rip this girl apart, and he's trying to trick her, asking like what she did two days ago and three days ago? Casey of Jack's badgering, he says, these are simple questions. If she can't answer these, what she going to do in trial? And it is overruled. And then the next question is what time was your mother attacked? And she says bedtime. She was in her nightgown, and he goes, no, its way later than that. Did you see his face? She was, of course not, she was under the bed. Have you seen Alex before? Yes, so why didn't you tell anyone he hurt your mother? And she starts to cry and goes, you're upsetting me, Go away, and he asks that the cops ask you over and over again who did it? And the camera pans to Elliott, who takes a deep breath of annoyance, and then Chauncey's continues like, you're just saying whatever to please miss Novak, right, that's why you said he did it, and he is like people with William syndrome are willing to do and say whatever people want to hear, and Casey says she has not changed her story, not once, and then despite counsel attempt to badger and confuse her, he goes, you want us to believe she heard all that under a bed, like through walls and closed doors, and Casey's like and I could prove she did it and heard every single word, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, then, why did you do it?
Speaker 2: Like obviously it's because it's a TV show, but like, do it before the cross? Why does this girl have to suffer? So Casey gives Chauncey and jose Petrovsky a piece of paper with three questions and sees if she can hear them correctly. So well, basically she so, Casey holds her hand in front of her face and whispers super super softly the questions that are on the sheet of paper. Did Alex hurt your mother? Why did he hurt her? And did anyone tell you what to say in court? And the plan is working and Shauncey and Petrovsky look at Casey at the same time as like you know, she answered, like the girl is answering. She goes, yes, Alex hurt my mother. She was hurting his family because she was having a baby. Yes, my dad said don't tell anybody about getting money from mister Kim so we can go away. And Casey goes, who's mister Kim And then Stabler leans in and she says, he brings my dad money. In a briefcase, the end, she revealed some secrets about her father. So then Stabler walks to Aidan Quinn, who's at the hospital while his wife's in her room behind glass and full bandage is still Alex Parvin made a deal to avoid trial. Katie won't have to testify, and he says, that's a relief. He goes, yeah, I'm sure she won't have to reveal any more secrets in court. He goes, I don't fucking care. The FBI owns me now matter.
Speaker 1: It is pretty funny to have a guy being your informant for the FBI who has a daughter with perfect pitch who can hear everything you're saying from like another room, you know, Like you'd have to bring on a sound proof room.
Speaker 3: Like that's a liability, I think.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, Like if you need perfect vision to be a pilot, you can't have a girl with like Turner syndrome in your family if you want to have like world secrets.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, duh. They cut you a deal like any common thief. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You testify and you don't have to go to prison, and he goes, I turned him in already. I just took the money and I didn't, you know, tell the feds. It's a big woop. But like I turned mister kim in, Sablor gets in really close to him, looks around and says, must have been an awful lot of cash free to take a chance like that. What did you sell? And he says it's a prototype for a new dispersion system, Like Stabler would even fucking understand what that is. So they're gonna find out soon enough it doesn't work. Stabler furrows his brow. You took a lot of risk for nothing, and he goes, well, it wouldn't have been a problem if Katie didn't repeat everything she heard. And so then Stabler asks, how's your wife and he says, soon to be ex wife, and you know, but she is doing well enough to be discharged. Katie is with her mom right now and they're talking to a nurse behind him, and he says, where is she gonna go? And he goes, I don't know, I don't care, I don't give a fuck, and he says, you know, she doesn't remember the affair, losing the baby, any of it, and he laughs and goes, isn't that convenient?
Speaker 3: Like what a villain turn? I really didn't see it's coming.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, all right, Katie, let's go, and Katie says, okay, Mommy, let's go and starts pushing the wheelchair and he says, no, Katie, we talked about this. She's not going anywhere with us, and Katie is fighting him as he grabs and drags her away, and she's screaming like dad, dad, and the mom's confused. She has no idea what's going on and gets up, going why won't you talk to me?
Speaker 3: Why can't I come home?
Speaker 2: Please, don't walk away like everyone's crying, Ben.
Speaker 3: Why can't I come home? She screams.
Speaker 2: And he's dragging Katie as she keeps screaming, stop daddy, And it's like, can you at least tell her, like, listen, you cheated on me, you were pregnant with another's baby, Like I don't really want to be with you, Like why won't he talk to her so to tell her nothing? Grab her daughter as she's getting out of a traumatic brain injury is so fucked up. Karina is sobbing, Katie is screaming. Stabler is pissed, and that's dick Wolf baby Creary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a messy ending. I mean, like she's gonna get custody of Katie. Like you don't lose child custody for having an affair, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the one that like broke the law and is in the FBI and has to try Yeah, and is.
Speaker 3: An FBI informant. It's not exactly a safe environment for a child.
Speaker 1: Okay, But why I get that she cheated, but like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a hard ending. Okay.
Speaker 1: So this is a case that I don't think I've ever heard of before.
Speaker 3: And it's a wild one.
Speaker 1: It has some elements of what we see and this has for you, but not not.
Speaker 3: It's not a apples to apples at all. Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this case happened two years before this episode came out, so there are some, you know, influences, but I wouldn't say it's like exactly same storyline like we sometimes see. So in January of two thousand and four, Michelle Nice, who is aged thirty four, is found dead in her still running SUV a mile from her home in central New Jersey. It's a snowy night, it seems to everybody like her car skid it off the road. On ice or snow, and it went down this embankment into a creek at the bottom. Okay, there's a suitcase in the car filled with clothes, so she was on her way to stay somewhere.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: But one weird thing that the police find our footprints in the snow going from the passenger side of the car up to the road. So and Michelle also had this super gnarly head injury, more serious it seems, than one that would be sustained in a car accident. So to this detective named Dan mchown, he said, it didn't look like a car accident.
Speaker 3: It looked like murder. So that's like what he thought.
Speaker 1: So Michelle's background is she is She's Filipina. She's a Filipina immigrant, the wife of a local pharmaceutical executive and entrepreneur named doctor Jonathan Nice. They had three children together and lived in a gated community in Hopewell Township, New Jersey. So this is like a central part of New Jersey that I actually don't really know a lot about. But detective McEwan when he saw this woman in the car, he knew exactly who she was right away because the previous summer doctor Nice had filed her husband, doctor Knics, had filed a complaint. And by the way, he's a PhD. Just less anyone think he's like a medical doctor. He's a PhD, which is still hard to get. But and he had found a complaint with the police about a man stalking his wife, Michelle. So when he found the wife, he immediately calls doctor Nice and he tells the detective that he hasn't seen his wife since four PM the day of the accident, and that when he left her, she was getting ready for her job selling Chanelle at Macy's. So a little backstory about this couple, and I don't love it.
Speaker 3: Nice is like this dorky loser.
Speaker 1: He's working as a college professor in like North Carolina.
Speaker 3: He's thirty nine. The article I read on NBC.
Speaker 1: News said, quote an acquaintance steered him toward a friend, Comma, a teenager living in the Philippines who'd been advertising in a newspaper for a pen pal.
Speaker 3: So who the.
Speaker 1: Acquaintance is friends with the Philippine teenager? Like, I don't understand that, but it sounds very sketchy, much like our don't trust a man who goes on vacation alone, Like you're trying to pen pal some random teen in the Philippines, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: So they start a pen pal. I can't think of a more shady sentence, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think she's eighteen when they start pen paling, or nineteen. She's eighteen at least, though still like we always s just because you're a hair over legal doesn't really make it less creepy to me. So they start pen paling. He goes to the Philippines to meet her, and within a few weeks they've gotten married. In the Philippines, she is okay, sorry, they're nineteen when they first start corresponding. When they get married, he's forty and she's twenty. Okay, But he also lied to her about his age by nine years, so she thinks she's twenty marrying a thirty one year old. She's marrying a foty year old okay. She doesn't find out until years later that he's been lying about his age. So back in the US, he becomes pretty successful, like developing drugs and treatments, and he has a job at a pharmaceutical company, which I'm assuming that's kind of where the biotech pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 3: Some of this comes into play, and.
Speaker 1: You know, they have a nice they have like a house that's over a million dollars. She's wearing really nice clothes. Her friends are like, she's living her dream. She's got a great life. And they have three kids together. But then she starts having an affair with a gardener at their house named Enyo.
Speaker 3: That's his nickname.
Speaker 1: His real name is Miguel de Jess, who's aged thirty five. So when the business success started to cool off, like a bunch of the treatments for like asthma and stuff he was working on actually failed once they people were all excited about them and he was raising millions of dollars to get and then these treatments like failed in their trials. So he like loses a bunch of his success at work. He gets fired from his company, and then he becomes a stay at home dad. He writes a book of poems for children. Famously, children love poetry. I mean, there's Shelle Silverstein. I feel like there's Shelle Silverstein, and like that's it, Like I don't really think we there's like a lot of others, but.
Speaker 3: Then they never got published.
Speaker 1: His book of poems, and so now he's like, wants to be a stay at home dad. He's home all the time. And Michelle's annoyed. She's like got to move her rendezvous with her lover to motels. And the article I was reading calls the motels hot sheet motels. I've never heard that hot sheets motels, which obviously got me at hour. So I'll just go to fucking leave, which I just don't like hot sheets. I don't like the sound of hot sheets. But doctor Nice has no idea that this affair is going on until he says one day he got a call and the guy on the line says, I have something you need to listen to, and then plays a tape of Michelle having sex with someone, and he could tell it was her by her distinctive voice, and he said that the guy.
Speaker 3: On the tape said her name as well.
Speaker 1: So then the caller hangs up, calls right back and asks for five hundred thousand dollars or he'll release the footage, audio and video. So Nice goes to the cops and the FBI about this extortion attempt, and that's how he becomes aware of Detective Dan McEwan who has now later found the wife's body, and he investigated this blackmail situation, and Michelle eventually admitted to her affair, but she said she'd broken it off when En you know, started like demanding money and stalking her. This sounds to me like it could be what she was just telling the authorities. And her husband be like, oh no, I broke it off. I broke it up, but it was still happening. So he ends up getting a restraining order against his wife's lover. I don't know how because I think you have to prove that they've been doing something wrong and.
Speaker 3: Fucking your wife.
Speaker 1: I don't think entitles you to a restraining order, but you know, it's not great, but it's not like a legal behavior. So doctor Knight, after his wife's body is found, Doctor NICs tells the investigator mcewn like, this is like things have been going so well between us, and then he goes, we were barely ever fighting, you know, except for when she talked about walking out or like leaving me, And they go, okay, when was that last fight? And he goes, last night and so doune done, Like that's the night Michelle died. And it's like dude, you said you saw her at four o'clock when she was going to work. But now you're like admitting that you fought that night, So like it's confusing. So they interrogated him again and he finally spills. Doctor Knics claims that Michelle tried to kill him in the garage, that she came home that night from one of her trysts with Enyo.
Speaker 3: In a rage, she called her husband age, I do like that name, Enyo. M hmm, it's cute.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I known't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, can't you imagine me with a little kind of furry little dog named Enyo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. Actually you're Enyo. I gotta take Nyo to the vat. Yeah, I I can see it. So he alleges that his wife called him a fucking freak quote unquote, and then lunged at him using a stiletto for a knife, Like I know stiletto's are sharp, but they're not actually razor sharp, like you, I don't know. You can only do so much damage. I mean, I know you could, like I guess you could like impale someone in the.
Speaker 3: Head with one. I've seen that in a movie, like a white female. Well, yeah, but you can like pop an eyeball.
Speaker 1: I think, oh yeah, yeah, but like that she was like lunging at him with a stiletto. I mean, she's a much smaller woman than him. She's very tiny, he's very big. Like, I don't know, I don't know that I'm buying the story from the job.
Speaker 2: I think there was a did that Atlantic crime have a heel or there was evidence remember that dude who was like.
Speaker 1: A oh, there was one that somebody got stabbed multiple times out the weapon was a siletto. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I think that's once they're incapacitated with the Yeah, I don't know. But he also reported that she fell out of the car and hit her head on the concrete floor of the garage, but continue to thrash around, at which point he pounded her head into the floor to you know, get control of her, as you do when someone's thrashing, you just slam their head into a concrete floor of a garage, And that's when he realized she was dead. Then he decides that to make it look like an accident, he wanted to make it look like she was driving the car, so he puts her in the driver's seat, of the car and drives a mile down the road, controlling the gas and breaks of the car with an ice scraper, like the thing that scrapes the eye off your car. He's like, she's in the car and I don't know how he's steering the wheel and using this ice scraper to use to press on the gas and press on the brake. Like truly weakened at Bernie's hilarity. Almost if it wasn't like a wilandife becomes her. I mean, when does that happen and death becomes her?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't see it, but that was like the plan, as they have like a little act out. So the plan was to like send her off a cliff just being another drunk driver.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, boy, I love that movie. So, like, I don't know, I'm not buying any of this shit. Doctor Nice was charged with murder. He pled not guilty, and his he pled not guilty on the grounds that it was an accident. Okay, So he was also charged with the lesser charge of tampering with evidence, which is moving her dead body and sending it off of a fucking embankment. Nice's lawyer, Robin Lord, argues that he did not murder his wife, and that they can't prove that he did. And she paints this picture of Michelle as a slut who is ignoring her kids so she can go and have all these affairs. And she also claimed that Michelle and Enyo had worked together to extort doctor Knice, that she was like behind the extortion attempt with the call, the phone call and everything. She said Michelle wanted out of the marriage, she wanted to make some money on her way out. But if Michelle's injuries were the results of an accident, people are wondering, like, why didn't he call for help, Like, instead, you hatch this insane plan to like make it look like a car crash.
Speaker 3: And his lawyer, his lawyer goes, oh, well he panicked. He's not proud of it.
Speaker 1: And his lawyer tried to argue, don't forget he's a successful pharma guy, Like if he wanted her dead, he would have concocted a drug to kill her, like if that was his plan, and he probably could have found a drug that would be like untraceable, like undetectable in her system. So if that's like, but that doesn't that only argues against a premeditated murder. He could have easily killed her in rage, right. Prosecutor Doris Galucci tried to.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this, but you know my guy, David Wilson. I watched some new more criminology videos from him, and he said, like this is in the UK. He's English, but that most murders are just like two guys fighting at a bar and killing one another.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: He says, that's majority, Like we focus on the serial killers and all these things, but he goes, most murders are like ten seconds of.
Speaker 1: Rage and domestic I would say domestic violence like men walking in on their wives cheating and then murdering them immediately.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just saying it's like he made he said it so well, but it's like proving your manhood and like, yeah, that are versions of like what we think of manhood is so stupid where it's like and it's same with serial killers and all these killers. You know, it's a loss of power. It's losers trying to gain power in this world. And so it's the same kind of concept, like it's two guys fighting at a bar and it's one of them being like I need to earn my manhood back, and he just says, so many people get murdered because of just drunk.
Speaker 1: And so much and more important than your freedom too, which is wild, Like you know, you're if you're like in a bar fight or you're in any of the like a lot of the times, it's like you know you're gonna get caught. It's like you're not even thinking about how your your manhood is more important than your freedom, your life, kids, you have at home, any anything you have else going on.
Speaker 3: It's like gotta prove my manhood.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, and I don't know how waste you are the angry yeah, he says, it's like low like just I mean, what I love about him is how much he talks about just like.
Speaker 3: Men like toxic masculinity and grime.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but like because at least with premeditated, with a plan, you know what's you know, like right, but can you just say or maybe you just want to punch someone but they fall.
Speaker 3: And they're dead and now that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I've never been in a physical fight, knock on wood, I hope I never am.
Speaker 3: But like, but it's linked the.
Speaker 1: Same question we always have too, which is like okay, your wife's gonna leave, just get divorced, Like why are you gonna kill her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, but it's manhood, right, Like it's like you don't need to do that, or you and you're you're egotistical enough that you think you're gonna get away with it, and you're probably not, although I'm sure many have. Uh and wait until we get to the end of this story, because it's not great, so uh. Prosecutor Doris Galucci love her name, tried to steer the jury away from Michelle's affair and more towards doctor Knight's brutally murdering murdering her like her affairs are not on trial here, Like what's on trial is how she was killed, and she made the case that Nice was jealous and controlling. Michelle's best friend testified that doctor and I needed to know where Michelle was at all times, wanted to make sure that wherever she was there were no men.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 1: Michelle couldn't fulfill her dream of modeling. She had been offered a role in a friend's commercial and he said no. She could even join a gym because she knew there would be like too many men there, and that her husband wouldn't be into it, and Glucy went on to argue that the forensic evidence supports that he threw her on the garage floor and bashed her head against the floor, killing her, which I think also the head bashing is what this also is.
Speaker 3: In common with as You episode.
Speaker 1: But another piece of evidence is that the crime scene investigators found cut up size fourteen boot in soles all over the garage in little pieces, and they jigsaw those babies back together and they match the footprints in the snow, So it's like he does admit to being there. So that's not like a smoking gun or anything, but it's kind of like you had the presence of mind to slice up your shoe in soles to try to get not get caught, like you knew that you were doing something wrong and committing a crime. So no, apparently also no tapes of Michelle and Enyo having sex wherever found, so one could question if he made up the entire extortion thing up as well, you know, as like a way to file a restraining order against this man, as a way to you know, let her know I'm going to call the FBI, like I'm gonna get people involved.
Speaker 3: If you are if you're gonna be unfaithful to me or whatever. Who knows. So he goes to trial for her murder.
Speaker 1: The trial lasts five weeks, the jury deliberated for three days, but they do not find him guilty of murder. They find him guilty of passion provocated manslaughter, which I had never heard of.
Speaker 2: They'll make it, they'll make any excuse to murder, right, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I just had not heard of.
Speaker 1: It's also known as heat of passion manslaughter or voluntary manslaughter.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: A severe like flash of rage or or reaction causes it to happen, the crime of passion or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I just had not heard that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like usually like we find you guilty of manslaughter, but not passion provocation manslaughter.
Speaker 3: So that's what he has found.
Speaker 1: Guilty of, and he is sentenced to, you know, a whopping five to ten years for ending a woman's life, a mother of three, a person with family and friends, like a woman whose only problem was not wanting to fuck her boring husband.
Speaker 3: Well, even this.
Speaker 2: Passion, it's like excusing this behavior because it reminds me of like gay panic and stuff like that yeah, none.
Speaker 3: Of this is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like I freaked out that yeah exactly. That's what a crime of passion would almost be considered as well, Like, oh, I found out that a gig guy hit on me and I freaked out. I found out he was gay, and I went crazy, right, I saw red blah blah blah. So they they thought Nice had acted in the heat of passion when he confronted Michelle in the garage. He was sentenced to five to ten years for killing his wife and tampering with evidence, which is so fucked that's such a short sentence. Nice told Dateline quote unquote, I do not expect to be in jail for that period of time. I expect to win my appeal, and actually I expect to put other people in jail who lied to put me here.
Speaker 3: You can mark my words on that end quote.
Speaker 1: So he did appeal, he did not get win his appeal, but he did serve five years and was released in twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he only.
Speaker 1: Served five years for murdering his wife, which in my opinion, he murdered her.
Speaker 3: That's opinion. But I mean, I just don't think anybody.
Speaker 1: Ever falls onto a floor getting out of a car in the with the force to kill them. Of course it can happen. Things can happen like one hit, punch rules and stuff like that, but it just doesn't.
Speaker 3: This doesn't muster. This is a muster the smell test for me.
Speaker 1: He ended up writing a book when he got out of jail, and by book I mean an ebook, and it is called under Color of Law colon the Deliberate Conviction of an innocent Man and the Destruction of a Family, which when you google it it says it it's a true account. And he has completely changed a lot of the details of what happened in this ebook. I mean, no one's like reading the fucking ebook. But it's like he was saying ebook things that.
Speaker 2: Were live of like I just think of the TV show Girls, and like how funny the storyline was about like ebook not being a real book and stuff, and it's like, yes.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I already hate this guy, but it's like, shut up with her ebook.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard about ebooks was our friend Allison, who wrote an ebook but now has a real book coming out. That's not like I don't mean to say real or not real, but a physical book, a physical book. But yeah, ebooks. I guess anybody can just publish an ebook like and say it's a true story because no one's really there's no editor putting their name behind it. There's no you know, you can put anything out there and say this is a true story. But it's his account, and he fully changed shit. Shit that was not just like, oh I didn't murder her like stuff that just wasn't true about the day that it happened.
Speaker 3: So don't worry. This gets worse after he gets out of prison.
Speaker 1: He starts, he gets back to work doing biopharma or whatever, not bio, but yeah, pharmaceutical stuff.
Speaker 3: He starts developing a treatment.
Speaker 1: For dog cancer, which is completely fraudulent, has zero proof of working. He has started all these accounts, all these companies that sell this this dog stuff, and people are paying huge money thinking, oh, this is going to help my dog that's dying of cancer. So the prosecutors allege that he used various websites to promote and ship fake drugs such as Temesol and natural Zone, claiming they cured a quote wide variety of canine cancers, but literally zero proof that they worked. Nice was charged in twenty twenty with wirefraud and the interstate shipment of misbranded animal drugs. He faced up to thirty two years behind bars and a fine of up to one point two five million dollars. He was convicted in December of twenty twenty two. I found an article that said he was sentenced in twenty twenty four. I don't know why the sentencing would have taken two years, but the sentence he was for ninety seven months, which is more than eight years, which is more than he served for murdering a woman for selling fake dog medication.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's like the criminal justice system and new mothers just cannot stop counting years as months, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I know, ninety seven months? Why are we over ninety seven months?
Speaker 1: I know it's like eight point eight months or something like that when I did it in my calculator, But it's just wild that he got five years for killing a human being and then eight months for basically stealing money from people and giving them false hope.
Speaker 3: Like eight years. Excuse me? Did I say months? I meant years?
Speaker 1: So I searched for him in He was sentenced in February of twenty twenty four, and then I searched for him in the federal inmate prison system and he's listed as deceased as of July thirteenth, of twenty twenty four. So I'm wondering if he died in prison or he took his own life or something, and there was and I couldn't find it.
Speaker 2: So this isn't surprising. Like we're in America. People care about money. You don't fuck with money. You don't fuck with the government's money. I mean, my friend's brother spent what like five years in prison for taking the government's money.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, they like their money. They don't care about women, yep.
Speaker 1: I mean he was stealing money from innocent customers too, you know, like people, but like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he So I can't find anything.
Speaker 1: I can't find an obituary about Oh my god, I can't find Remember.
Speaker 3: I was like telling a story about how someone.
Speaker 2: That I find annoying was dating this Republican girl who was actually the Elizabeth Holmes of rape Kits and all that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I guess she's dating Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Totally tracks, Yeah, that totally fucking tracks.
Speaker 3: I mean, like that girl is or Martin Scurrelli or something like.
Speaker 2: One of these freaks, one of these he dated Martin Screlly. I think, yeah, yeah, so I think it's Elon now yeah, yeah, she's got no morals at all, this woman and this one kind of okay comedia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's also really really deeply fucked to be like, it's like a little bit what's fucked about Elizabeth Holmes. It's one thing if you're like, oh, I invented this like software and it actually doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It's different to be like, I'm gonna help women get justice for their sexual assaults when you know that the thing you're selling cannot work, like will not work that way. You know, Like it's just she's a grifter and we're in the golden age of the grift. So I don't really know why I'm surprised, but have fun with Elon Musk. I hope you managed to poke a hole in the condom and have one of his kids so that you're set for life or I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know if you have to poke a hole.
Speaker 1: He's like a full reproductive abuser if you ask me, Like, he is totally a guy that's like I want to spread my seed.
Speaker 3: I want to get everybody out there, you know. Oh my god. Anyway, if anybody knows.
Speaker 1: What happened to doctor Jonathan Nice, I cannot find out how he died, what happened to him. He was supposed to be in jail for this dog medication thing, but the Federal inmate look up and it has his age correctly.
Speaker 3: So I was thinking it could be a different doctor.
Speaker 1: It could be a different Johnt than Nice, but the age that he would have been in twenty twenty four is correct. So I want to know if he died in prison before he had to report to prison. I don't know what the deal was, but I could also see this guy being like taking his own life and.
Speaker 3: Being like I'm not going to go to prison or something. So who knows, But that's the story. The story really has everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the connection, as you is like the affairs obviously, and like the head injuries.
Speaker 3: I mean, there wasn't like the amnesia and the.
Speaker 1: Specific disability and the families all this like inter family cheating when you met in a support group is like so wild.
Speaker 2: Anyway, No people be fucking within their family. They betrayal is everywhere. Yeah, it's all around us.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't have a guest, so we can dive right into that post mortem.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm thrilled we got to do that episode, like we've been waiting for years.
Speaker 3: That's as for you is insane.
Speaker 2: The fact that we continuously just are excited to do episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally was like, I have perfect pitch. I can't wait to do this episode. I like always think about this girl. Wait before we get into the post mortem. This is so random, but have you seen this interview where Sharon Stone is talking about how her marriage ended because she got a double mastectomy, And that's literally the plot of her SVU character as well.
Speaker 3: Like in the episode.
Speaker 1: Where she is the Ada or whatever Joe Malone, Yes, Joe Malone talks to maybe it's uh Isabelle Huper, but she talks to somebody being like, my marriage ended because I got it up mistectomy for breast cancer and he just couldn't look at me the same again or whatever. And I was like, she must have brought that in from a real life crazy Yah.
Speaker 2: It's really dangerous, Uh trusting a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, But to the post mortem of this episode.
Speaker 2: It's like for rich Or and it's like also through double mis ectomies. What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes, why get married? Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's the way people get married and are like, but not if your body changes sickness and in health, but if your body changes at all.
Speaker 3: I'm out.
Speaker 1: I this episode is so wild because he's so mean at the end. I like, I know that she cheated, but I'm like, she doesn't remember it, and you guys have.
Speaker 2: This and I know you're pissed, but there's got to be a nicer way. Your daughter is screaming like what are you doing? Also, you've done some bad shit, which is why you're.
Speaker 3: Being used as like a.
Speaker 1: Pawned by the government, right, Like, isn't he kind of an informant because he's making up for something illegal he did?
Speaker 3: Well, then we can't wait. Hold on. Also, sorry, I haven't brought a peed in bribery.
Speaker 2: So did you hear about the Club Shalomey thing in Paris? Do you know Club Shallomey? No, So she's like a middle aged black woman in America and she like loved Timothy Shallomey and.
Speaker 3: Club Shalla May.
Speaker 2: Then she stopped and turned all her attention on connor story. But like, I'm not that into the internet in that way, like I am, I don't know, I'm lying. So anyways, Connor was in Paris for the Ysel Menswear fashion show. You probably saw photos of him with Madonna and like.
Speaker 3: Charlie Sex and fans.
Speaker 2: Go outside the hotels, which I think is like whatever. So I guess someone someone recognized that Club Shallow May was outside of the hotel and the moment Connor came up, beat the shit out of Club Shallow May two in quotes protect Connor. And so now there's all this discourse because it's like the Club Shallow May is like I was just in Paris randomly, like I'm just a fan. I just wanted to be there. And then the woman who attacked her was like, you're a stalker. You're a freak, and I had to protect him. I could see you lunging at him, and then everyone else is like, you're just as crazy as her. You're both stalking him at his fucking hotel, like you know what I mean. And then I was like, listen, I'm obviously obsessed as fuck, like I you know, I'm so into it, and I talk about it all the time and think about them all the time. I would never camp out outside of any hotel, even if I saw them at dinner.
Speaker 3: I think I'd be cat like. I just can't imagine.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, I guess I was at the iced Tea ceremony and waited for Michael C.
Speaker 3: Hall outside stage door. But even those two are professional.
Speaker 2: But Club Shallow May was wearing like a full hat, full sun mask and like, and the girls still recognized her. I'm gonna I'm gonna read you this tweet, So here's the photo. Okay, imagine being so online you recognize Club Shallow Ma wearing a mask, hat and sunglasses while you're both waiting outside Connor Stories Hotel and probably deciding to beat her up.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's Jared did.
Speaker 1: Jared did clop Zoey Deschanel at Discanco in a sunglasses, hat and mask during the pandemic. But I don't know he somehow did that, but I maybe he recognized the property brother.
Speaker 3: I heard about Club Shallome.
Speaker 1: I knew about Club Schalome actually from who Weekly. They keep me up to date on all that internet type bullshit. But I didn't hear about the beat down in Paris, so thank you for that.
Speaker 2: I talk about how I have a crush on the kool Aid Man and would fuck him, and someone sent me that there is a book called Cold Sweat and it's it's a fancfic. It's it's a it's a book about falling in love with the kool Aid cool aid Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can truly find I think any kink out there.
Speaker 3: I really think you can.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, your kink is like a guy that smashes through a wall and is like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, don't you feel like it'd be fun to jump in that picture?
Speaker 3: Yeah, swim around a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then someone gifted me FIFA collector cards. I mean, it's just like a it's fun, all right, But honestly it was a it was a sad ending for sure.
Speaker 3: The episode. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The post mortem of this episode is like, I don't know, don't commit crimes and become an informant and then don't cheat on your husband, and like if you're, if you're, if your daughter has perfect pitch, you gotta find another place.
Speaker 3: You can't do it. She's gonna rat you out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know your kid has good hearing and you're still fucking like superhering. Yeah, that's wild. Yeah, I can't say she yeah, you're like you're having your affairs.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But then the the kid killed, I mean that was it was a real it's a real twisty episode, this one. But anyway, we don't have to get we don't have to get too philosophical about what happened. We all watch the episode, should we Do you have any other last minute tidbits before I get into what would Sister Peg Do?
Speaker 3: No, everything else is as usual soul cycle.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's get into our what would Sister Peg do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we normally direct you towards something that attaches to this episode, and I couldn't really think of anything because it's a very specific episode with like people, there's like, there's not an organization about what to do when a kid kills his the woman that he thinks his dad's having an affair with. But what I really wanted to do is use this week to point you to a GoFundMe for Nelson Contreras Galvez, who is the husband of Kurt Browneller's niece and Kurt Brunneler is the host of the Bananas podcast here on the Exactly Right Network. He's a friend his niece. Ariel is married to Nelson, and this past weekend he was taken by Ice. Nelson is a Venezuelan asylum seeker with no criminal record, married to Ariel. Recently, he was detained by Ice during his routine immigration appointment and after attending a regularly dualle appointment in Philadelphia, he was told to return the next day because the quote unquote the kiosk was broken, although the office is not typically open on Saturdays. He followed the instructions and when he returned, he was taken into ICE custody. I just think that this is such an example of the of the overreach by Ice, and I think we all got a little bit off of the Ice topic because it felt like a lot of the random kidnappings were dying down. But this one, like really hits close to home because this is a friend of ours. So if you can donate to the GoFundMe, the link will be posted in our show notes and in our stories the day this episode comes out, and the what would sister peg dos are always saved in our WWSPD highlights on our Instagram page. That's messed Up pod and go give that a follow for memes and maybe I'll get more into memes. You know, it's terrible. Yes, yes, this is like absolutely bullshit. So they're they're getting him help. I mean the GoFundMe has raised some money already, but it's going to be a big legal battle. So yeah, And like the reason he's an asylum seeker is because in Venezuela he was part of their military I believe or their national guard or something where they were demanding that he hurt civilians and protesters and he didn't want to do that, so he fled Venezuela. So this is a person who is and literally volunteers at a local like soup kitchen and like is a good person. So everybody can just you know, change the narrative they have, not that anybody who listens to this podcast has that narrative, but that like we're rounding up all these criminals. These are like innocent people that contribute to society. So please give if you can.
Speaker 2: And next week we'll be doing Starstruck Victims Season seventeen, episode sixteen, And you know who is fucking up the numbers, but we will see you next week. Please give if you can to Kurt's Family and thanks for always listening. We we're back. We're going to be Yeah, you'll be more up to date on our lives. Yes, for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, we might have to do some front loading when somebody go to Monte Carlo. But we'll see, we'll see. Stay tuned for more Monte Carlo up.
Speaker 2: And I'm performing in Peetown, so come see me between Splash and Family Week.
Speaker 3: So what a dream? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Go to That's Messed Up Live dot com for Lisa's link to her website too. Don't just google Lisa show dates or you might get scammed. Okay, see you next week.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Bye, That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Tina Chamberlain, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song, and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstart, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun Dun