Speaker 1: I just gotta seven first down to twenty seven han sec. That's Ben the Frokeana Wisconsin, the Steelers second round.
Speaker 2: Take me through what you want to accomplish in this final preseason game personally.
Speaker 1: Personally, I just kind of wanna get ready for seasons, you know, just getting to learn offenses. This is our first like mock week where we get to uh kind of strategize against a different offense. So just getting the offensive side of the ball mentally and then just going out there and showing my pass rush.
Speaker 2: You slim down this offseason, Uh, how has your weight? Has it stayed the same or fluctuated, and how has it helped you?
Speaker 1: It helped me big time in camp. You know, we out there long days, just a lot more running and just standing more conditions. I feel like just shedding those couple pounds or whatever really helped me to go out there and play more snaps and I feel the difference this preseason for sure.
Speaker 2: How did you go about deciding to do that?
Speaker 1: It was just a personal decision. I was a little lighter for combine and then kind of put the weight back on last season thinking I needed to be bigger to be stronger. But realized that's not how my body works. And even with the weight loss, I was still strong and I was a lot faster.
Speaker 2: When a hot lotrope day kind of gets to you, right, Yeah, for sure. The sack that you combined with Nick herbeg, what did that mean to you guys? I know it's just the preseason, but you guys go so far back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's that's my brother from another mother. I wouldn't trade that for anything else, and I'm glad that I was able to share with him. And it just kind of we had another cool picture and it kind of reminded us of like the pictures we used to get at Wisconsin and just collabing those and just thinking of how far we came. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: What would you describe your rookie class as you guys have so many people who did step up last year and are expected to step up again this year.
Speaker 1: Uh. I would say our rookie class is full of competitors, and we go out there and compete, uh and a lot of learners. I feel like everybody has their own flaws, but I think a lot of guys in our class are able to learn from each other and just asks questions for the older people and stuff like that. So I feel like that's gonna take us a long way.
Speaker 2: Who's the most vocal among your class?
Speaker 1: It would probably be me and Nick for sure, not Joey.
Speaker 2: Not Joey.
Speaker 1: He he he can be, but he he don't really talk that much. He just go out there and work.
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh. Speaking of a rookie from this year's class, Zach Frazer, what have you seen from him in practice?
Speaker 1: You know, he's a You could tell he got wrestling in his background. He got good feet, uh, good leverage, good hands. I think it's a great guy. He's he's learning his role for sure, and just getting more comfortable with the league.
Speaker 2: Arthur Smith said that he came ready and he's proved that he's ready and mature and has all that experience. How have you seen him grow though?
Speaker 1: Just just his comfort, like getting more comfortable with the game and not not making the game a more complicated than what it actually is. I feel like as a rookie, you can come in and your head can just be spending by learning all the new techniques or new plays, whatever the case may be. But I feel like he towards the middle of camp. He got a grasp on that and he was able to communicate. He was more confident.
Speaker 2: You can just tell you told me in the off season during OTAs that you would beat any of the wrestlers if you guys want. Do you still agree with that? Yes, even after what you said about Frasier. Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Just like he can get his hands on somebody, I can get my hands on somebody.
Speaker 2: Alright. Thanks for your time. We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.