Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Yeah, yeah, buddies.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you're having a Wemby type of day, not a cheuncy billups No type of day. It's World Series eve Ye World Series Steve, Steve Cavino, Rich Davis, Danny g Ryan, Dan Meyer spots on the videos Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 2: No, I wanna tell you forgot you started the World Series last year.
Speaker 3: I didn't forget.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting to see if they use anymore Fox Sports Radio soundbites. That was the only time I was ever jealous of you. And there was this one girl on Tome in Vegas and I was like, yeah, yeah, they used my voice as the opening montage the last year's World Series. I remember watching me like, is that the idiot I worked with?
Speaker 3: So funny? Maybe you'll be in the mage where people are saying Otani's in a slumpy's cold he stinks o hell any breaks out.
Speaker 1: It was like there's a new standard in town down though, and his name is show Hey otani Odan and then it was Colin Calaherd.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, they used my voice.
Speaker 1: So tomatas the anniversary of my voice opening the World Series. So hey, let's embrace this wonderful time in sports. We called it the sports Renaissance, the best basketball exciting. Despite the scandal, you got football, you got the World Series, and you got CNR sponsored by DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA.
Speaker 3: Right now, use.
Speaker 1: Promo code CR show cr Show to claim your special offerings at DraftKings again as promo code CR Show DraftKings. The Crown is yours and remember to stream us on the iHeartRadio app the new and improved iHeartRadio App twenty four to seven. Whenever you want to search Covino and Rich where you stream your podcasts, and be sure to make Fox Sports Radio to your number one pre Now, Rich, I do have a correction, a retraction of a Shepherd Smith. I'm not sure what happened there won't happen again. No, you're definitely not gonna be in the World Series montage when I said that, Back to the Future came out this week, came out this year at eighty five. This week we celebrated Back to the Future day. Yeah, we celebrated the future is right. And remember Doc comes back and he's like, Mario, we got to go to the future.
Speaker 2: What happened, Doc SNAr? Are you with your kids?
Speaker 1: They went to October twenty first, twenty fifteen, And it's wild to think far.
Speaker 2: Into the future. When we were kids is now ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Right? Is that a weird thought? Right? Flying cars? Remember the shoes that had inflated right on his feet?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So based on Back to the Future day, and we celebrated it this week and yesterday Christopher Lloyd turned eighty seven. Everyone's talking about Back to the Future and how great that movie was and still is classics, stay in the test of time, the perfect movie. We figured we'd get into that DeLorean and take it back to the last time the Blue Jays were in the World Series. The last time the Blue Jays were in the World Series was nineteen ninety three. So if someone got knocked in the head in ninety three woke up today, what would they be most shocked to find out. That's really what it comes down to. From ninety three till now, most shocking things you mentioned, you know, Caitlyn Jenner and I mentioned that meme of Rashad what's the name ama A Mad? Rashad's he's he's getting married. His groomsmen are OJ and Bill Cosby. And the OJ thing happened in ninety four. I remember because I was graduating in high school. That was June ninety four. So from ninety three till that, you'd be shocked. Here wait, OJ did what? And Bill Cosby TV's television dad did what? I'm sorry what happened? So those are two shocking things based on the pop culture stuff.
Speaker 2: What else comes to mind? We open it up to you at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 4: I'll throw this in there that the Patriots would become the standard to reach in the NFL.
Speaker 1: YO, because when we were kids, if you got their helmet out of the quarter machine at the supermarket.
Speaker 3: You're like Patriots. They stink.
Speaker 1: There was like one year when they got trounced by the Bill by the Bears in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Besides that, they were like irrelevant as could be Wow, that's a good one, dude, and then they started cheating. Cheez, here we go, Ryan, But no, the Patriots being like the all time.
Speaker 4: And yeah, not even just winning one, but then winning as many as they did and be the point where every franchise would like to read the standard.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like will to think that speaking of sports franchises again, you could tie this into sports, into life, into whatever. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, we get you involved. Every Thursday, elschooing fifty hits. So you're saying, if you're hanging out with John o Larud and his helmet, yeah, Paul Mollitor and Joe Carter.
Speaker 2: Joe Carter, what would they be shocked by?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How about this speaking of the Blue Jays, because that was the last time they were in the World Series. Speaking of Canada, I think a lot of people might be shocked to be like, wait, what happened to the expos they stopped in two thousand and four And there's a documentary about that I think coming soon on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, And speaking of Blue Jays, how about the ticket prices there? There was an article today from Toronto Oh that.
Speaker 1: Was wildly said that it would have been ninety two and ninety three when the World Series, when they had the back to back the ticket press were like fifty sixty bucks.
Speaker 3: Sixty bucks you could get one of the cheapest seats that was like a nosebleed seat there. Yeah, somebody said they snuck in for seventy bucks, I think. And then now it's one thousand dollars to sneak in there for the World Series.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the percentages when it doesn't the math don't add up. As I say, the math belt math, I got two ones that don't revolve around sports. I think if you went back to your nineteen ninety self or someone in the nineties and said, hey, in the twenty twenties, get this. You know how you're shy to dance in front of anyone or a school dance. You go to a wedding, you might be a little skeptical unless you have a couple of cocktails. Everyone is going to go on the internet. Oh, by the way, I'll tell you about the internet later. Everyone's gonna want to dance and then post the video of themselves dancing.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: The idea that what used to be a shy thing like, I don't know if you want to see me dance. Now people record themselves dancing and be like, come on, please, everyone watch me dance. That's the idea of a TikTok dance is crazy, so hard to wrap your brain around.
Speaker 3: Tell a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Kids in a middle school high school dance in the nineties. You know, you're really shy to go talk to a girl and dance right now. In thirty years from now, everyone's going to want to dance in public.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna steal from a Sebastian Maniscalco bit, but that you would hide when your doorbell rings, like back then, Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Somebody's over, somebody's here, Yes, somebody came to see us.
Speaker 2: Bust out the intimates hide and behind that thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so true, because it's at different times, a different world. You know, since ninety three, I got on nineteen ninety three. Hey everyone, you knew that, you know that new thing people are fiddling around with a little bit the internet.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what. Eighty percent of couples aren't going to meet in person. They're gonna meet through the computer. The computer, and by the way, yeah, ninety three, nobody had Internet at home. Nobody Al Gore hadn't invented it to that point yet right now.
Speaker 3: No first major carrier came out in ninety ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying like, we didn't have we didn't have.
Speaker 3: Ye, rich rich people had it. I do you know.
Speaker 1: I did the two thousand stuff on Sirius XM. There's a stat that I think in I think it was like two thousand to two thousand and one, four out of ten households had internet access. So we're talking into the two thousands. People weren't even really locked into the Internet. So to tell someone in the nineties that you're gonna be glued to the internet, and I mean you could tie together with the smart phone, I'd imagine right like, Hey, you're gonna have a phone in your hand. That's all you're gonna have. You're gonna live by it. Think of the phones we had in nineteen n I got I got the number one answer, and that's the challenge, the number one answer. I'm sorry, Danygy, I got so excited about this. I think everybody in ninety three sort of perverted, creepy fantasy would be something like this.
Speaker 2: Get this. You know that hot chick.
Speaker 1: You work with that person over there, Yeah, you probably fantasized about, you know, seeing what she does in her private time. Get this, in the future, a lot of these women have only fans and you could see. You could see your wife's best friend. You could see your girlfriend's friend, yeah, naked doing all sorts of weird things.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Get this your coworkers and colleagues. Yeah, your your buddy's girlfriend. She might have an only fans page. It's crazy, man, I'm telling you, because think about it. We all have the accessibility of smut in general, the access the things we didn't have access to before. Like that that hot girl that works at that story you go to, she didn't have an only fans back then, and she might. Now I'm not advocating for you're trying to subscribing to this stuff, but like, all right, for example, you try to tell my girlfriend, right, my girlfriend, Yeah, one of her best friends has an only fans Yeah. Imagine telling a guy back in the nineties, Hey, you know your girlfriend's friend that you think is kind of hot.
Speaker 3: You cant see your naked if you want, you ever look at it. No, never look me in the eyes and say that.
Speaker 1: How could I damn subscribing to that, I believe I definitely didn't. But the options there, right, or you had back in ninety two, and maybe some fake X ray glasses.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, one.
Speaker 1: Last smutty one to know why at this you don't have to go search into your dad's collect I was just gonna say the idea you tell someone from the nineties.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you don't have to like steal your dad's playboy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's not even about what we had or what we got in the future. It's also about what we didn't have, because the movie Back to the Future painted this picture, like Danny g said, of flying cars, of sneakers that strap on themselves, of hoverboards, and we.
Speaker 3: Didn't get any of that.
Speaker 1: Now, I would tell nineteen ninety three you, Danny J I'd be like, Danny, I'm sorry to tell you, we're not all wearing silver suits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, none of that.
Speaker 1: Remember the inflatable suit that Marty had. Yeah, he didn't get any of that stuff. So, yeah, none of that happened. Guy from ninety three. Just so you know, let's go to you guys, what is the biggest shock if you were to confront people in ninety three, hear the Blue Jays last one and told him about twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: What's up Baker in Illinois?
Speaker 7: Hey, in ninety three, if someone said by now you won't be able to live without your phone, I would have to say, so, I just can't leave the kitchen table.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How long does that court stretch down?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That would be hard to understand for sure. Like, wait a minute, what Dann Bayer. Everybody has personal little computers, but their phones. You're a golf guy, and I think one of the more telling sad images is I believe it was a US Open or a big.
Speaker 2: Golf tournament where they showed from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Everyone was so locked in and watching, and then they showed one like last year, and everyone's phone is up, and it's really a sad reflection.
Speaker 4: And there was actually a couple of years ago at the PGA Championship, this was in at Southern Hills in Tulsa, there was that scene of somebody hitting a shot and one guy was holding a beer.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys remember this.
Speaker 2: Sew what Everyone's like, I want to be that guy, yes, And.
Speaker 4: So that guy got you know, the beer company hit him up. I can't remember exactly what company it was, but he became a bit of a legend because he didn't have his phone up at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate that at concerts because in my mind, I'm like, you're at a concert, enjoy it, watch it, and if you really want to relive it, there's footage that's going to be better than your phone.
Speaker 4: Someone, well, I was going to say this, how about just recording something at a concert or show. Back then, if there was any sort of recording, it was thought of as taboo or copyright or why are you all that stuff is helping you to try to spread your music, spread your act.
Speaker 1: We watched rerun on What's Happening and get in a lot of trouble for that with the Doobie Brothers. Meanwhile, you go see Taylor Swift with your kid, you know it's on TikTok.
Speaker 3: And everyone's like, oh my god. So you do watch black shows.
Speaker 2: Let me tat Ryan my favorite show when I was a kid two two seven, Oh.
Speaker 3: Hey you guys give tcl Jack k was one of my first black crushes, at least in Turtle Too. Will you judge me? Rich tomorrow for your big TV game of the week, you're gonna give TCL props. Yeah, think of the big ass TVs that took three people to move read projection. Yeah yeah. If you saw a screen that looks like it should be inside a sporting venue and you and somebody told you no, you can have that in your house right now for a few hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: The one rich kid in town that you might have went to his house to watch the Tyson fight in and WrestleMania. Remember the kid that had like it was a It wasn't a funchy, just had a flat front. But the backpack, yes, it was like it took four men to carry and they had to be strung.
Speaker 3: So the shocking things.
Speaker 1: We're taking it back to ninety three, the last time the Jay's were in the World Series Game one tomorrow. What are the biggest changes from then till now? If you were to tell somebody back in ninety three, let's not take all the good answers. Let's go back to the phones eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox Brian and Kentucky, what's up, hey, Brian?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, I think the biggest shot from nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 9: Is that a beer and a brat at the ballpark cost thirty six dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would definitely be a very shocking moment. Like I'm sorry, what because when we hear how cheap things were back in the day, it's baffling, right, So yeah, that would be a major shock. That's a really great answer, Danny. Can you do me a favorite I just don't have a computer in front of it. Can you look up the price of coffee, like a Starbucks?
Speaker 3: It was Starbucks even around in ninety ninety three, maybe in Seattle.
Speaker 4: Well you didn't watch Sam's video he sent us yesterday, because that was the whole bit of the guy in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Starbucks. Yeah, but what year was it? Night it was two dollars and eighty eight cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's still it's gone up three times. But the idea of a six dollars coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm trying to think of the price point thing is interesting. You're right, because like, what would you be shocked by? Because remember our grandparents couldn't understand how you buy bottled water. It's water, Like, is there something that like in the nineties we'd be like, wait, what are you pay for now?
Speaker 3: I want to Yeah, the price of a house. Yeah that. And I was going to say the other day, Brenda's been wanting to go to Disneyland really bad to take CoA. And she was telling me how back in the day she bought season passes and it was like one hundred and ninety dollars for the whole year. It's over two hundred dollars right now to get in for one.
Speaker 1: Day, from just from ninety three till now. And you know not to well, I guess it ties things together.
Speaker 3: Music.
Speaker 1: We were talking music and computers. You know, the DJ became the rock star. It's not that rock bands don't exist anymore, but for the most part, the DJs were the rock star for a good ten years in the early two thousands till somewhat recently. If you had a computer, you're a DJ. You're doing anything. And the fact that we could all make music not at the studio but on a computer, that would be mind blasting to people. You don't need to go into a big time studio to make music. People are farting out music from their basement left and right. How about everybody turned into a DJ? Everyone turned into a host, meaning a podcaster.
Speaker 4: In the media world, but also with prices. How about that getting a dollar on the wheel of the prices, right, is still only one thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Like that has stayed the same thirty two years later.
Speaker 2: Like that makes you think about Arizona iced tea.
Speaker 1: Not the Arizona ice tea, but get this, Arizona iced t has stayed the same, still a dollar. It's really funny. I call I'm not saying a world daddy stacks here. Do you guys ever watch some game shows and how the money is just way low compared to others. Like to me, I need the prize on a game show to be like a million dollars for me to be intreated that, oh my god, this guy or this woman might win a million dollars. You watched Wheel of Fortune, It's like Jessica walks away with twenty one thousand dollars, Like she went through all that effort.
Speaker 2: To make twenty grand.
Speaker 1: It's like the first question a millionaire now like to be agreed, doesn't apps bike?
Speaker 3: By the way, guys, the average price of gas for a gallon of gas a dollar eleven in ninety three. Yep, Damn, that's crazy, dude. And it's the math math that means it should be two dollars and forty cents right now.
Speaker 1: Crap, you know, I'll give you one. You know, I was thinking of like my college girlfriend in the late eighties. I'm the late eighties, late nineties. I was in college in ninety eight and I remember my freshman year I did some long distance. I had to get calling cards, and I remember spending like buying twenty dollars calling cards and be like, yeah, I got you know, I have certain sixty minutes on a calling card. And then when you got yoursel phone free nights and weekends. The way we had to communicate with people to tell someone in the nineties, Now you could talk to anyone around the world on video for free. You just need to have the Internet somewhere and you could video call anyone around the world. Pewe Herman on Peewe's Playhouse, he invented it. True story Back to the Calls eight seventy seven, ninety nine on Fox. Yeah, the thought of FaceTime, that's honestly from a person of the nineties. Yeah, that's that is like some jets and stuff. For real, let's go to Brian and Kentucky. Brian, you're on the Cavino and Rich Show again. We're just getting you ready for the Blue Jays. They're back in it. But the last time they were there, this is what was going on. Who we got.
Speaker 3: We talked to Brian. Let's go to Bill Jail.
Speaker 1: Hey, Billy, Bill, We'll tell you Bill.
Speaker 9: I would say, one of the big shocks is that then America's team, the Dallas Cowboys, have become basically irrelevant and the Kansas City Chiefs are now basically America's team.
Speaker 2: That is a good one.
Speaker 1: Tell someone in ninety three, you know, we're in the middle of this crazy Cowboys dynasty. This is it because after this, you know, win one more in ninety six, but after.
Speaker 2: That it's over. For the next twenty five thirty years. You'd be like, really, the Cowboy they don't even get to the super Bowl for real?
Speaker 3: What you call the Chiefs America's team though, they.
Speaker 2: Do have Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift as their face piece.
Speaker 3: And they're getting there.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kevin in Ohio, you're on the CNR show Old School in fifty hits.
Speaker 2: We do this every Thursday, guys, I love your show.
Speaker 10: It's just awesome, especially because I think I'm around the same age as you guys.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: So it was all right, I got three three okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, man, shoot off.
Speaker 10: All right. The first one is the m and MTV means nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah that in fact, they're shutting down mtvs around the world and different markets and everything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, MTV came and went.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's so sad that Tom Cruise looks exactly the same.
Speaker 3: He's still doing it.
Speaker 10: And the big one. I don't know about you guys, but I played Sega Genesis Madden, right, and I was told multiple times you're never gonna get paid for prying video games.
Speaker 7: Uh excuse me.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, right, the fact that, yeah, you could make money gaming, and.
Speaker 2: You know what he made me think of.
Speaker 1: He made me think of you know what teachers would tell us back then, You're not going to have a calculator in your pocket, Like, yeah, guess what.
Speaker 2: We guess what, miss Slippy, We have to play in our pocket.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise looks the same, our buddy Kurt, always working hard for our affiliates. Oh yeah, he said, Uh, I don't know if I should say he said, uh, wasn't that around the time the Cee Allison.
Speaker 3: Viagra came out?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is is that around that time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let me look that up, like just that's a that's a game changer.
Speaker 3: In the world. Would be the expert on that.
Speaker 1: I Love You You came out in ninety eight. Yeah, it was approved by the FDA in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Viagra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when Rafael Palmerow was hitting all those home runs, didn't your brother?
Speaker 3: Yeah, My brother was little in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: He's like six six years old, right, And because you would see all these Rafael Palmarow vi Agric commercials, he thought they make you hit home runs, they helped you score, So in a way, he was right. But yeah, so palm Arrow was the one of the spokesman originally. So that was ninety eight. So Kurt's right, Let's say, how to Derek and Philly.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 8: Derek?
Speaker 6: Hey, gentlemen, how y'all going? Let y'all show?
Speaker 2: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: What do you think would blow your mind if you if someone told you what's going on today in the nineties.
Speaker 6: Well, I have a crazy story to tell you real quick. Yeah, in nineteen ninety three, I was in fair fast Canada, didn't on a plan to go to Monton, Canada, and Mitch Williams threw that pitch and I was teased the whole time I was there because I had a professional fight in Monton, Canada in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, and that's just too crazy.
Speaker 1: In you're Philly guy, Derek, I see from Philly. Not a good day for Mitch Williams. No, let's say I had a Jim and Charlotte.
Speaker 3: What's up? Jim? Hey Jim, Hey guys?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh hey Jim, how are you? Man?
Speaker 5: Hey? I got two quick ones, yes, sir, first and first mostly show hey TONI yeah. Then and then inspired by Danny G's T shirt. The prevalence of pro sports in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: That's a great one with Danny, thanks for watching the YouTube feed. Jim, Well, the Las Vegas ready to think that they'd be you know, Baseball coming to Vegas, Football's in Vegas, NBA's coming to Vegas, Hockey's in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yes, speaking of gambling and maybe scandals down the road, that's why we heard there would never be pro sports in that city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Vegas being Uh, you know what, Ryan, I know you're a wrestling fan like I am. Did you ever watch that wrestle Mania nine documentary about when Vegae when they had WrestleMania at Caesars not nothing to talk like an hour and a half minute where it's worth the watch, right, and they talk about how Vince took a big shot trying to do that. It was a cluster f until the very end. But that you forget that in the nineties, Vegas wasn't the go to it is today, Like, oh yeah, doing in Vegas like Vegas. We watch Vegas become what it is now. In the nineties, it was still iffy for any that was around the time where fights started to go to Vegas. Like before the eighties and nineties, Vegas was nothing like that. A lot of fights were in Atlantic City too, right, it was all over the place. Based on Jim Thanks for to call Jim, Thanks everybody eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, you know, shocked about the franchises and what happened. Back to the future too, predicted that the Cubs would win the twenty fifteen World Series against the who do you remember the it was like Miami or the Miami Gators. Yeah, so there is no Miami Gators. We were off by year with the Covees without That's pretty cool, right, But the Cubs did win, just not when you thought based on the movie. So if you could take it back to ninety three, what else would you be shocked? I go one more and then we'll take all your feedback on the other side, and then we'll talks of NFL. The simple fact that we could all be lazy bums, sit on our ass, go on our phone and order something and it'll be at your front door in less than twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 1: The idea of Amazon delivering something to your doorstep. It really is like you could be like, you know what I need colone? You know, notebooks from my kid and uh, you know, a new pillowcase and they'll be in the same box.
Speaker 3: What about Blockbuster Video? Is this still around? So when you said lazy sit on your ass, I thought you were going to say, oh, zempic.
Speaker 2: Oh you could do that too. How you can lose weight by just injecting yourself.
Speaker 3: Of this nineties. That was my mom doing weight Watchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, We'll take the rest of your feedback a lot of great answers.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for all the feedback.
Speaker 1: Love hanging with you every day here on Fox Sports Radio Cavino and Rich. Today's job search could be tough with endless online searches and applications, no phone call, no interviews, nothing but automated email responses. But wait, what if there's a different way to find the job us?
Speaker 3: What there is Express Employment Pros.
Speaker 1: It's a staffing agency that works alongside companies to hire candidates for any type of job. Express could help you get the job that matches your qualifications. The local Express team are your advocates in the job market, and the best part, well, Express never charges a fee. Learn more at Expresspros dot com.
Speaker 3: Stop waiting.
Speaker 1: Express will find out what you want from your job, keep you updated on job openings, and help you land your next role. Choose Express Employment Professionals for your one connection to dozens of local jobs. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's always an office in your area. The best part wants Express has your info. You'll be the first to hear about new opportunities at match your skills. Start by finding an Express office near you. Go to Expresspros dot com and contact your local office today.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 11: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes a pipe in hop baseball talk featuring the biggest name the newsmakers in the sport. Whether you believe in analytics or the I test, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, So do your sofa favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't know about Rich, but I got that glow. Who I'm all about that glow? You got that glow.
Speaker 1: Because I'm the last Dragon Covino Rich. I don't know what Rich is.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what I am.
Speaker 1: I'm a big football fan and I got deep thoughts about two different NFL quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to that a little bit. Plus stand by.
Speaker 1: Because all your feedback is right after Dan Buyer's update dB. Let us know what's going on, my friend.
Speaker 4: Guys, it's the story of the day. It happened early today that the FBI, we found out, arrested thirty four people, including Trailblazer's head coaching Hall of Fame player Chauncey Billups and Miami Heat guard Terry Rosier for their roles in sports gambling schemes and illegal poker games that were backed by the mafia. This is FBI Director Cash Ptel earlier today.
Speaker 12: The fraud is mind boggling. It's not hundreds of dollars. It's not thousands of dollars. It's not tens of thousands of dollars. It's not even millions of dollars. We're talking about tens of millions of dollars in fraud and theft and robbery across a multi year investigation.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Former NBA player and former assistant Damon Jones also one of the thirty four people that were busted by the FEDS. Today, the Trailblazers named assistant coach Tiago Splitter as their interim head coaches. The NBA placed Rosier and Billups on leave. The Toronto Blue Jays are going to start Treya Savage on the mound for tomorrow night's Game one of the World Series against the Dodgers. LA counters with Blake Snell. Week eight of the NFL season begins tonight with the Vikings and Chargers at eight fifteen Eastern time. Vikings running back Aaron Jones expected to play tonight. He comes back from a hamstring injury, as he was activated off of injured reserve. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson practiced on a limited basis for the second straight day. He's trying to come back from his hamstring strain. No practice for Panthers quarterback Bryce Young Baker Mayfield upgraded to a full participant in practice. No practice for Eagles wide receiver Aj Brown or Jets wide receiver Garrett Wilson. But the commander is getting good news. Is wide receiver Terry McLaurin and fellow wideout Deebo Samuel practice fully today. Leo Messi has sound an extension with Inner Miami through twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Guys, back to you, who.
Speaker 2: Do I start Terry McLaurin in our Guillotine League now.
Speaker 3: May be able to get the opportunity. Just gotta wait till Monday.
Speaker 1: Dam Byer again, thank you for doing the Fox Sports Radio Guillotine League. If anyone next year is like on the fence about what league to do with their buddies for fantasy, Dan Bayer and the Fox Sports Radio Guillotine League has been the most fun I've ever had doing Fantasy good Honestly, thank you so much, because usually I'm like zoned.
Speaker 3: Down, I'm like, oh, waiver wire.
Speaker 2: By mid mid season, I'm like this week, this week is awesome.
Speaker 3: So glad to have you.
Speaker 4: And I know Cavino wishes the season was a little bit longer than it was. He got screwed because the Bills were so good against the Jets right first.
Speaker 2: Three, I was like, no, second again, I was that second cut they killed the Jets.
Speaker 4: You had Josh Allen and maybe James Cookers out out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I just I just no one likes to hear about other people's fantasy teams. But let me tell you the fact that I have Christian McCaffrey and Derek Henry now is my two running backs.
Speaker 3: If I don't win, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's go to your phone calls going back to the nineties, and I remind you we are doing it live from the Fox Sports radio studio. For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack, dot com way tire buying should be again, it's World Series EVE. So we're taking you back to nineteen ninety three. It's back to the Future week. Yesterday was back to the Future day, right, They a couple of days ago. I was twenty first Christopher Lloyd's birthday, so that's also very special.
Speaker 3: So if you can get.
Speaker 1: Back in that delory and go back in time to ninety three, the last time the Jay's were in the World Series. What would someone in ninety three be shocked to find out today? Before we go to the phone calls and wrap this up eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, get this, I would say, back to ninety three. Yeah, get this dude from ninety three. There's been a booty explosion in our culture. No men care more about boobs and get this Nona on boobs, No no, no, everybody's got those now. But now even white girl's got booties. Wait what how? I don't know, squats, plastic surgery, everybody, there's booties Everyonedy, Moty Boy, Buddy Rocket everywhere. In fact, as a song by a guy named sparks.
Speaker 3: Well, remember ninety two was Sir Mix Alive but the white girls having the booties with surprise, the dude from night Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened, but you know, workouts change, diets changed, something happened and man and yeah, and get it is there's something called yoga pants. So that's something. And you know what I would say too, Hey, you remember Suzanne Summers. Yeah, I remember Suzanne Summers three's company, right, Yeah, I get this. Unfortunately she passed away in twenty twenty three, but she's still around via artificial intelligence.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's still around. She's a clone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Tony Hawk looks like Stanley Roper. What's up?
Speaker 4: I find it interesting that Cavino has brought up viagra, He's brought up butt implants, He's brought up only fans.
Speaker 2: One track here he says, I'm the guy on the show. It's all peppered, threw out.
Speaker 1: But well, you know what, when I go back to ninety three, I was a major pervert. So I'm just trying to tell that guy. Yeah, all the surprises of today.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: Besides what I would tell them, I would say, when you get a chance you might hear of something called bitcoin by like one hundred dollars worth when it when at first comes out, and you'd be a billionaire. All right, let's say hi to all you guys. Rapid Fire will start with Mike in Minnesota. What's up, Mike?
Speaker 9: Hey, are you guys doing a Thanks for taking a call. I really appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, pro man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You can't crack me up. If I could go back to ninety three, I would tell all my buddies that in twenty twenty five, the Biking still havn't won a Super Bowl, and I would stick around because you know why, I'm gonna want to watch them, watch them all crap their pants.
Speaker 2: All right, So funny Leon in Mississippi, what's up Leon?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, I'm.
Speaker 7: Going back to ninety three.
Speaker 6: I'm walking up to someone on tell he I guess what.
Speaker 9: Indiana and Vandy all ranked number two and number ten in the polls.
Speaker 6: They're gonna tell me, Hey, there's no big deal.
Speaker 9: They always been good in basketball, No, dude, in football?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: What is that rapping that's going? Kent in Maine, what's up Kent.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, if I had to go back to ninety three and uh talk to someone, I would say, hey, do you know that guy that was given directions to Kevin McAllister and home alone lost in New York? He becomes President of the United States?
Speaker 2: Wait, Donald Trump, the investor?
Speaker 1: You know what the would that be the most shocking?
Speaker 3: Besides he would be the number one in right, I.
Speaker 1: Think, Kaitlyn Jenner, I think I think that might be too and that funny And it's not trying to be like all funny truth. It's honestly that he was on the cover of a Wheaties box. He was known as like just a you know, Bruce Jenner was you know, a name.
Speaker 3: So that's right.
Speaker 2: We actually interviewed Bruce and he was like a hell of a dude. That's right.
Speaker 3: Like you said at the start of this, OJ would have to be right up there.
Speaker 1: OJ is a good one, not a good one, you know what I mean? Cosby and OJ that that a moderate shod as you said that meme, that's a true meme. By the way, he when he was married to of the Osby Show, his best men were OJ Simpson and Bill Cosby. Oopsie's all right, can't thank you. Let's go to Joe in Pennsylvania. What's up, Joe?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys love the show?
Speaker 3: Oh thanks.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna say, how about Michael Jordan quitting basketball and playing baseball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get this, He's then going to come back after that and win three more. Yeah, Michael Jordan. You know there's a this is by no means confirmed, but someone hit us up saying there's a maybe Lebron's sitting out because what if? What if somehow, someway he's got some shenanigans going on, like you know, that would be weird, right, that would tarnish Lebron big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was what Jordan played in ninety five, right, well baseball?
Speaker 3: What would make the difference, though, Rich if he was on the court or on the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's he got up to sleep? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no meaning meaning?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know how like Jordan dipped away from the NBA for a while, like Lebron's like sitting out right now. Someone said, what if, like somehow Lebron's tied to this gambling skill and he sitting it out for now?
Speaker 3: I got I think it's I think we draw more attention to maybe something sit off?
Speaker 2: All right, Andy in Mississip?
Speaker 3: What's up? Andy? What up? Buddy?
Speaker 13: Y'ah A bunch of knuckleheo.
Speaker 8: Anyway, when I was dating my now wife in ninety three, I drove a mile from my house to use a payphone because it was long distance from my house.
Speaker 1: Is that wild? Payphones? You're not gonna have to worry about these anymore? Uh, Derek and Penn, wrap it.
Speaker 9: Up, buddy, Love you guys, love your show categories.
Speaker 7: I got one. Here's gonna blow you.
Speaker 9: Out out of the park.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: You can go back to ninety three and go thirty years even before that, and say, in twenty twenty five, the Rolling Stones are still around.
Speaker 3: That's I'm while you're still doing it.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, no way, you mean thet No, yeah, yeah, they're still That is pretty wild when you think about it, because if you tell us one ninety three, you think they're yeah, no way, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: We can end on that.
Speaker 3: It's like a line for the movie Almost Famous. Remember he says, you think if Mick Jagger, you think Mick Jagger is going to be on stage dancing around at the age of seventy.
Speaker 2: What is he one hundred and seventy? Now it's amazing. I'm really thinking I think we nail them all, guys, I think we did. Hey, congratulations everyone did we dominated the what we would tell our nineteen ninety three self.
Speaker 1: So again back to the future week. In fact, Rich, we'll be talking more about it on Old School when fifty hits. If you want to, I'm sorry, I'm over promised. If you want to reminisce with us our bonus podcast, over Promised. We're going to talk about who will be the faces of sports in the future in the next ten years. So we're going to hop in that time machine in the DeLorean and go ten years into the future on over Promised and we'll break it down. Plus we'll talk Halloween, candy, who might be asked this week? And so of your football picks. Over Promised. It begins at about seventeen minutes on Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Well, don't overshadow the two huge football thoughts I had that we're getting at to next two NFL quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I have thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear. It's a lot of fun. Paul next right here, Covino and Rich FSR. All right, you could make the argument that of all the soundtracks of all the movies, this is I say, top three as far as the music makes the movie better, really compliments it. Oh, it's true. Back to the Future and Huey Lewis he's in the movie. I think everybody knows that. Ye, so it's Covino and Rich In ten minutes over Promised begins. Join us on our YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR. We'll be talking more about Back to the Future, but we're gonna jump into the future and figure out who the faces of the major sports is going to be. And then after over promised, I'm gonna head over to Twin Pines Mall. Rich Loan you mean Loan Pine Mall. No, No, Twin Pines Mall. And actually I'm going back into the past and I gotta go dress shopping for my daughter's homecoming week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So once one foot in dad life, one foot up your ass every afternoon. Hey, you know, we are doing a lot for the Fox Sports radio studio, and getting a job can be so much easier guys with Express Employment Pros. With Express, you'll have the local connection to the job market, gets started at expresspros dot com to find the location near you. That's www dot expresspros dot com. Now so much to fit in the next like five minutes before you get out of here, I want to say hello to our buddy Rob in Texas.
Speaker 1: Listening in San Antonio, he said, I missed the beginning of your nineteen ninety three discussion.
Speaker 2: But what would you be shocked by? Is one topic.
Speaker 1: He goes, I would love to go back and unfortunately tell people like Lane Staley and Kirk Cobain and Chris Cornell and Scott Wiland, like, please take care of yourself. You have so much more to give. Sorry, Rock legends right for sure. But he also he's down in San Antonio. He said, so much talk of the impact Hakim Olajuan has had on wemby training him this past summer. He spent a lot of time taught them the dream shake and all these other moves that made Hakim Olajuan great. So imagine if he absorbs even more from Hakim olajuw Oh my god, we're seeing greatness. And by the way, we had so many phone calls about our last discussion, but pun intended we were at a time.
Speaker 3: The lines were still loaded. And by the way, Rich, we talked about it during the scandal conversation. You were saying how you could walk into a dispensary. Now they're so upscale. You pushed a stroller into one one side. Never a Missouri friend called and he said that that's the biggest change in his mind was that he had to like be on the d L back in the day and find a dealer, and now he can just walk in what looks like an AT and T phone store.
Speaker 1: Chime in with your answers at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports. Ready, I want to thank you guys for participating. But dude, Thursday night foosball, I gotta give my quick quarterback thought and I'll give you a pick for tonight. But joe Flacco, maybe you know what, Maybe we talk about this more tomorrow. But Friday's world is jam packed. Flacco talking about dad life, and there was a funny clip floating around.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to Joey Flacco.
Speaker 14: I tell people all the time. I mean I used to see guys sitting at a bar by themselves or you know, just sitting by themselves, eating and grabbing a little meal and I'm like, man, I feel so bad.
Speaker 6: For that guy.
Speaker 14: You almost want to go join them. And now I realize, like that dude was in heaven, you know what, And not to say that's that's obviously not what I want. I'd rather be at home, sitting at the dinner table with my kids and hearing what the hell they were talking about all day. But if you have to do it, then you might as well take advantage of it, so, you know, just little things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I just thought it was super relatable. Joe Flacco. Listen, he's a guy like our age. He's a forty year old dude, right. And I saw meme once that it goes along with that. It said my two favorite places to be with my kids and not with my kids, because both things can be true. You could love being a dad and want to be around them all the time. But you know, it's also awesome that random one or.
Speaker 3: Two day business.
Speaker 2: That's why you have like five different softball teams you play on.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 3: Guess what I'm doing tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm coaching my daughter's softball from four point thirty right, I run there right after the show four thirty to six.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna grabb a dinner.
Speaker 2: With the kids, and then you know where I go. Dad goes to play softball. That why our dads went to the Nudi bar all the time. Yeah, but I'm a reform DA's a hall, so I don't go to the Nudi bar. I go to the softball field. So yeah, I just think all dads and moms need their time. So I think, as Joe Flacco said, both things can be true. You could want to spend all your time with your kids, but at the same time, be like, you know what else I love. I don't know, going on a business trip for one or two days and sitting at the bar at the hotel and having a burger by myself.
Speaker 3: Peace of mind.
Speaker 2: There's something to be said about going out. Hey, I love being a dad.
Speaker 1: I coach multiple days a week, But you know what, I also love golfing and being away from everyone for a few hours.
Speaker 2: It's allowed. It's normal, guys. You're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Feel that way.
Speaker 2: Minnesota at Los Angeles, who you got.
Speaker 1: As much as I want to kiss ask as the boss of the Vikings fan, I just think the Vikings they're gonna regroup next year and be a force again. But this year, just I know they're three and three and you could say, dude, it's way too early to count out a team, but eh, in La Chargers win, I don't know. If they cover the three and a half, it might be a field goal game, who knows. All Right, we'll see you guys next.
Speaker 2: Time, are Weba there you baby, to see you in the over promised land.
Speaker 3: Let's go