Speaker 1: Good evenings, sweet world, and welcome to bubble Wrap recapping Thursday, August sixth from Disney World. Shout out to everyone joining us live right now on YouTube and all of you podcast listeners on the Athletic Network, Apple, Spotify wherever you get your no Dubs classics. Thank you so much for joining us. I'm Jag Skeiths and joining us as always, We've got.
Speaker 2: Tas Mellus happy midpoint of the seating games fellas.
Speaker 1: We also got the Bearded One, Trey Kirby, Hey out hey, the international man of mystery taking it.
Speaker 2: To the max, Lee Ellis Friends.
Speaker 1: And last but not least, making the magic happen.
Speaker 3: GD.
Speaker 1: Hello, there is and here we are. Thank you so much for joining us tonight here late on Thursday. Hopefully you guys already downloaded and listened to the Beach step In podcast. We had a blast on that one. Lee went for about fifteen minutes talking lace and for whatever reason, it was entertaining. So go check that one out. I haven't heard from Mattiol yet. I don't think Mattio has listened to the podcast yet, hen't you know.
Speaker 4: I can just imagine how much anxiety had when he heard that last week, And I want to say, Matt, you know, next time you travel on a plane, take your own little headdress, because apparently that's also a breeding ground for lots of they're a plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Off the top.
Speaker 4: That'll freak him out, won't it.
Speaker 1: He's never going to fly again.
Speaker 2: And I think he's going to point out he's going he's going to really focus in on the fact that you said little headrest. He's not well.
Speaker 1: He actually has less of a chance then to contract the lace. He has a smaller head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, like listen, Matt. The other thing is he goes to the barber every five minutes. They would have discovered the lies if he had them as well, because his hair is short enough, so they would have they would have said, what's that your heir, you know, but they never did, So he's clean. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say one thing after listening back to Beached Up and today you talked about Lee, like, I mean, the likelihood of me giving it to you, even if I did have it coming into the office, Like we're just sitting in our chairs. We're not like really shearing hats or anything like that. But but I remember specifically task tray ged he backed me up. Maddie all lying down on that weird couch we had in our office, and Leel is also lying down on that weird couch, So that's where it could have been. Transferently, Yeah, it certainly could have.
Speaker 4: It could have happened, no doubt, But I think I think in that sense though, really what you needed was like for me to have a big outbreak and to leave them on the cushion and then he would have had to lie there for a while to absorb them up there, and that wouldn't happened. It would have been more likely to you know, a close interaction when they jump from here to hair. Oh, if I ever had it, you.
Speaker 1: Don't think we did? Probably not. Oh okay, yeah, you definitely gave lice to Maddio. I'm going with that.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, tonight we're gonna play a game that we have not done in a long time. We're firing up an old segment called how Worried Are You? And for those that remember, it's pretty straightforward. We determine just how worried we all are about specific teams, players and games. Really, after tonight Thursday, down from the bubble and to make things easier, we actually have a brand new worried scale and lice is in the mix here, complete with five levels from little worry to extreme worry. Okay, guys, level one on the worry scale. JD pro tools doesn't work. The No Dunks podcast is going up late. That's level one. Not the biggest deal whatever.
Speaker 2: Who cares, right, sure? I mean it's a big worry for me.
Speaker 1: That's a level five.
Speaker 2: Level five.
Speaker 3: You went straight to the top with that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you're gonna make it worse.
Speaker 1: It gets worse. Level two. You see a fan signed immediately after stopping to walk up Heartbreak Hill during the Boston Marathon. Okay, that's a bit of a concern. That's a bit of a worry. Like you know, you think you're a bit of a champion. Look at me, I'm running the Boston Marathon. Oh god, I'm dying. I gotta stop and walk up this hill. Oh no, there's a starter spin or a no dug spin. That's not good. That's level two. Level three, you're sharing a hotel bed with a young and possibly leaky Trey Kirby.
Speaker 3: I'm a thirsty guy, like fuller and home alone easy on the PEPSI.
Speaker 1: It's getting a little more extreme here, Jasey. That's a lot worse than pro tools. Trey Kurby might make your bed a water bed. Okay. Level four, your coworker Lee Ellis he's got an itchy head on a Sunday and the nice ladies are closed. Level five it gets worse than that because I think task took us to the next level. You got a softball game to play. You've been drinking nothing but cocainey beers for five days straight at a bachelor party weekend week really, and there's a strong possibility you're gonna break your femur rounding third base. Yeah, your bones are brittle because of the cocine. That's level five because you're gonna break your leg and yeah, you know, be hung up all summer for six months in a cast or not walking. Okay, those are the levels, guys, and our first one is how worried are you if you're the Lakers who lose tonight to the Rockets of drawing the Blazers, who of course won in the first round. Task those levels tools going down? Uh oh, you stopped running in a marathon you saw a fan sign, you're sharing a hotel bed with Trey Lee has lice, or you're gonna break your femur playing softball. How worried are you if you're the Lakers right now? Of seeing the Lakers and the Blazers, excuse me, in the first round.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go number two. Never run a marathon. Don't know how this feels, but I think this is the right level, and I'm gonna combine it with the fact that just the current state I guess of the Los Angeles Lakers, because this is the worst it could have gone for the Lakers coming into the bubble, you know, without having actually had a big injury happen to them. Okay, without an injury occurring. I think this is this is basically as bad as it gets. Their best players thirty five years old, has a nagging groin injury that took him out of last season. It's been bothering him for a couple of years. And they're not shooting the ball all that well. And they've got the Blazers, the best of all those teams, the most established, the most experienced line to face them in the first round, and so they're not shooting the ball all though. Well, they're not feeling good, their best players not feeling good, and then they're gonna get this team who's got an incredible backcourt. Avery Bradley would be the guy who would be put on to Damian Lillard, but he's not in the bubble. So they're missing a point guard to a point guard stopper, the best guy that they have. And you know, those Blazers, they're not a nice light first round snack. Just they're not. But all that being said, it's only a two because they are the Lakers, and it is Anthony Davis and Lebron and none of those teams should be a problem down there. But it may come back to bite them in round two and three when they've had to scrap out against a Blazers team, and you see Lebron has a bit of an issue. I don't think they're making this up. I think that he is thirty five. I think we do have to remember that.
Speaker 1: And you don't think this was purely rest and they just threw on a groin injury. You don't think so at all.
Speaker 2: No, No, because he said something post game last game and he hasn't played all that well he said there's something off the court, and I guess he's referring to his groin and Anthony Davis, you know, banged a hip tonight. They're not hitting shots, and I yeah, I don't think Lebron is. I just I don't think he would he would lie about that number one, number two. It has been bothering him for a couple of years. This is this is fairly chronic. I guess chronic is too strong word, but it's around so right two two is still the right level. Though, you know, no one's got lice at this point.
Speaker 1: Lebron doesn't have lice in his beard. That's a good thing. But yeah, what do you think, Lee? I mean Lillard going for eleven three pointers tonight, forty five points in the big win over the Nuggets after struggling to shoot the ball a little bit in Disney World and Lakers, Yeah, I mean that was not an inspiring game. I would say again versus the Rockets, But are you with tasks like level two? You know, are you around that? Like? Okay, if they drawed Blazers in the first round, that'll be a bit of a fight, won't be easy, but you think they could still beat them, or is there cars for a concern.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no real cause for concern because it's it's Lebron. You know, he's probably just going to take his take his time now coming up to the playoffs. They've taken home the number one seat, they've locked that up, so Lebron right now knows he doesn't have to exert too much energy. And he took tonight off again, whether the rest of caution precautionary, probably a little bit of both. And the Lakers haven't been playing all that well right now, but again, it's Lebron. He doesn't need to be playing all that well right now. He'll kick it up a notch in that first round. And you can look at it one of two ways. You can say the Blazers are a great first up matchup for the Lakers because it's going to be tough. It's not going to be a sweep. You know, if if you've played the Grizzlies or you know, let's say the Pelicans or the Suns, I feel that's more of the Lakers are just gonna they're going to blow by them. But with Lilid and McCollum, that's a tough matchup and you look at Nurkic and Hassan Whiteside, Zach Collins. Now those guys aren't great, but they're big, long body, so at least they can sort of help, you know, contest with Anthony Davis, you know, and Dwight Howe. So they've got match up in terms of like size of bodies and things that are going to make the Lakers work. But ultimately, I think when Lebron decides to flip that switch and he's going to get now, you know, a week or ten days to get himself right, how many times we're going to see him in these in these final few games, probably not all that much, to be honest. I mean, I think we'll probably see maybe two more games, maybe not even that if he's not feeling one hundred percent. But playoff Lebron is something we've seen so many times over the years that it's crazy to doubt it now unless the injury is way more significant than they're letting on right now. But I don't think they are. I think it's more just he's probably get a little bit of conditioning because he's been away playing those first couple of games, it's maybe flared up and he's like, I'm just gonna sit this one out. But the Lakers, I don't think we'll sweep the Blazers at all, but.
Speaker 1: There's nowhere, no but there's any chance.
Speaker 4: But I also don't see the Blazers taking it to seven though either. I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: These Blazers are looking toughly for the first time. It feels like Demian Lillard does have to do every single thing, like him and CJ don't have to play exceedingly well every single night for them to have a chance to win. And then when Dame has an incredible game, the Blazers look even better. Their team is the most complete they've been. You know, Nurkic brings so much more to the table having Mellow there as you know, a third sometimes a fourth score and Gary Trent man another great game for Gary Trent twenty seven seven threes, and you know he's just playing with incredible confidence right now.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't take.
Speaker 3: The Blazers over the Lakers, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it go to seven games. I mean, if Lillard catches a hot streak, if CJ catches a hot streak, that team is going to be so tough to beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're not. They're not an eighth seed. It's only because of this weird situation that they're an eighth seed or a possible eight seed. I mean they're a ninth seed. I guess still technically, right, they they got four months off to get their whole team back, is my point? Like this is I mean, if they're fully healthy the whole yearly, yeah, I think you expect the Blazers to better than where they are. Yeah right, yeah, Well then that's that's a tough that's a tough drap off for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the only thing is how deep is their bench really? Because Trent has been playing well, no doubt about it, and then Anthony Simon's played a handful of minutes and whiteside, but that's really all the Terry starts use. Now in the playoffs, you know, coaches tend to go, you know, with a shorter rotation, but lil had played forty one minutes to night McCollum played forty.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, he'll do that every night in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. But it's that That's where I'm a little bit worried though, whether or not someone like Gary Trent can give them that same production in the playoffs, you know, maybe he can, maybe can't. I mean, he's definitely been shooting the ball really really well. But it's like it's a whole different story when it's playoffs, even though this environment is different. But the other question is how long does the starter's bump last for? Because Gary Trent Junior was I think the best player of that game we did in Vegas in sumer League. Remember he hit the four threes and interviewed him after the game, so I.
Speaker 1: After the game, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That yeah, Well yeah, call the ladies.
Speaker 2: Uh, the Blazer's got to get in first. Let's yeah, they do have some tough games come up. They got a back to back with the Clippers and Sixers this weekend. I do like the thing that Charles Barkley brought up on the broadcast. He said, the Clippers is gonna sick guys on Saturday, so the Lakers have a tougher matchup. Portland wins. Makes a lot of sense. The Clippers are already starting to sick guys. Denver sitting guys. You're going to see this back half of the seating games. A lot of teams sitting guys. But you know, I like the matchup for the Lakers is the guards are a problem, but the big I think it actually helps them because outside of Lebron and Ad, we've talked about Danny Green and Kyle Kuzman, who they're gonna play at least with Nurkic, you know that you're gonna have to play McGee or Dwight, and that's they've got those bodies, and now you don't have a questionable guy like Deon Waiters or j R. Smith coming off the bench and potentially screwing things up for you. So that's like a nice little weird thing. And even though their best lineup is going to be end of Game A D at the five, but it's freakin interesting. It's totally right. They're not this ninth seed. Undoubtedly they're a better team, and that they may have ended up the eight seed anyway because they're a slow starting team and there's a big gap between seven and eight right now. But yeah, Pump pumped that they have put this thing together. They are absolutely on a run at the exact right time. So yeah, this is this is a drama, This is this is scintillating stuff.
Speaker 1: Isn't it hilarious too? Aren't they the only team that voted against this whole idea?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Which is awesome. Yeah, I mean, I you were saying this, and I agree with you because I've said it multiple times. I actually, if I'm a Lakers fan, I love the idea of being challenged really on. I think a guy, a team excuse me that is like has title aspirations. I think it's generally better to be sort of punched in the face early on. It's a bit of a wake up call. Now. This whole bubble thing is completely different than of course years past. But I like, if you get test sitting in a couple of games early in the first round, maybe it goes to six, and maybe the Blazers put up what should be a great fight. I think they take a game or two, no problem with the way they're playing right now against Lakers. That's good though. I think that's actually good for your eventual run to maybe a championship. So maybe it's a blessing in disguise. But man, I think I don't know. If it started tomorrow, let's say, and it was the Blazers in the eight seed and the Lakers won. I think you would see a lot of people picking the Blazers. Is that far fetch tray? I know, I mean, of course there's a lot of Lakers fans, but I mean I feel like a lot of abundance could talk to themselves and taking picking them, picking them. Okay, you're saying seven, Okay, you would.
Speaker 3: See a whole bunch of Lakers in seven. Yes, Okay, ultimate hedge. It could go either way, but I'm ultimately going with the Lakers, no doubt. That's where I would be. Gotta look smart when it all comes down to the graphics.
Speaker 2: The ultimate hedge. It's a good way to put it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it be a hell of a series and they are playing well, and you're right, I mean, it's just a different beast when Gary Trent Junior is hitting all these threes. And I heard Brian Winhors say this on his podcast today, we could have which is pretty wild to think a Mellow versus Lebron series here and Mellow might be mashed up on Lebron decent amount of time in a potential series. I mean, they played once when it was the Knicks in the Heat. I think the Heat won that in five, right if I if I read, yeah, that was a pretty funny little little anecdote there that they could play again in the Western Conference.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I did forget I was going to bring up that point. Yeah, that's why the Lakers are going to smash I mean, that's said. That is a problem. Melo's going to try and cart. They don't really have anybody else. Yeah, it's a big problem.
Speaker 1: It could be. All right, let's keep it going here, Trey, you get a start. How worried are you on again our scale of one to five. I won't go through it again. But of the Grizzlies or the Pelicans losing their Megabowl spot to the undefeated Phoenix Sun. Yes, the Suns beat the Pacers day. It's only the Suns and the Raptors the only undefeated teams left in the bubble. How worried are you if you're the Grizzlies of the Pelicans of losing that ultimate spot.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of hair and it's really itchy, really itchy. I'm licening this one up for sure. But before oh, no doubt about it. The Suns are balling right now. Four and oh I saw on Twitter decided not to fact check it, but I'm gonna roll with it anyways. Is this the first time Devin Booker has won four straight games in his career?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, it seems so legit that it had that it had to be true.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they look I.
Speaker 2: Think they did a couple of years ago. I think since like twenty eighteen, or maybe not, maybe, who knows. They look incredible. Go on, I'll check the fact check exactly.
Speaker 3: They look so good, I would say, I mean, it almost seems perfunctory at this point. But like, sorry to the Grizzlies, it seems like they're done right now. They're playing so poorly. They've sustained this injury, and it just seems like it's gonna be very tough for them to get their own him back. Who knows what the Pelicans, they've been very up and down so far, But to me, it's all about how well the Sun's been playing. Booker looks like Lee has been saying, like a superstar, like a franchise leading kind of player. DeAndre Ayton seems to be growing by the game, contributing on both ends, running four, looking like an incredible big man, and Mikhale Bridges is a lockdown kind of defender. He actually put the clamps on TJ. Warren to the point where now people are saying, Devin Booker is the bubble boy, just taking it from TJ Warren like that. You know, you hit a game winner and then you beat him in the next game, people are putting you on top of those bubble rankings. I don't know, Lee, we might have to give him the sea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was another very impressive performance from the Suns today. Paces Well, that was a pretty ordinary performance. I gave up a seventeen I run and a twenty one I run, So if you're gonna do that, it's gonna be tough. But yeah, Devin Booker again because he was in foul trouble in that third quarter, he sat down and it was actually incredible. That bench for Phoenix was fantastic. Campaign was great. But again, Cameron, excuse me, Booker when he came out, it just did those things again that he's been doing so very very very very impressive. But they have got if actually is it them, I'm confused, but they have got a tough stretch I think still from here.
Speaker 2: Miami, Miami, Oka, see Philadelphia and Dallas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but then they're all battling sort of some sort of injuries as well, so maybe it's actually not quite as intimidating as it was a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: But you have to be confidence is sky high right now too, because they have their their the ultimate like they sort of have nothing to lose.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And you talk about that Devin Booker with the four games. I don't know if you mentioned not, but this is the first time he's won thirty games in a season, so you know, that's that's pretty remarkable. I think that was one of those things we talked about coming into the season where they win thirty games, and I was like, probably not, but they've done it in unlikely circumstances. So yeah, you're you're looking at that at a team. Cameron Johnson as well, was good today. They've they've got some things to be optimistic about, at least there with Phoenix. Certainly, you know they're not challenging anytime soon, but they've got some pieces that you think, Okay, you've got your franchise guy. You've got a big guy who can run the floor and contest shots. Now, if you can get those other pieces around them, then they're going in the right direction, which it feels like it's been forever for Phoenix, and it has. I mean, yeah, win was lost on the night of the playoffs with Nash in twenty ten. I guess it's.
Speaker 1: Been a while. Everybody right now for the Suns in the bubble is playing well. I mean Booker, I mean you had him on the old bubble team last night. Twenty eight points per game, seven assists per game, forty percent, three point shooting, eight and eighteen and nine shooting nearly sixty percent. Rubio seventeen and six, six assists, fifty percent from downtown Saich has been really good fifteen and eight shooting the lights of fifty three percent. Cam Johnson, you guys have talked about a lot. Thirteen and nine, nine rebounds per game. Cam Yeah, campaign remember him, the dancing campaign. Campaign Man twelve points per game. I this is the team. I don't see how like you can't be at least like wanting to get in right. I mean, the Blazers' best fight against Lakers. I think we'd all agree that we just got done talking about six seven games. Maybe they beat them, who knows, But the Suns are just fun to root for right now. Because as we talked about, no one really thought they did deserve to be there, and here they are, like winning all these games. They just beat a team that was already undefeated in the Pacers Lee. Let me throw this at you. When I watch DeAndre Eaton, I know I'm gonna go overboard here. I got a couple pops a me tonight. But I do see offensively, he has so much to work on. Defensively, he points out a lot of people on that end, but he's gotten better on that end too. But offensively, I see a little David Robinson, I swear to god, I do. I mean, he's built like a brick house. Yeah, guy, And he's still super young. He's only gonna get more muscular, I'm sure. But he's got, like I saw a couple time tonight confidence that little just like sixteen footer swish it no problem. Him and Booker are developing a little bit better chemistry. I think too. There's like a couple of nice dimes from him. I told you guys, I was gonna watch this one from a pool today, and I did, and I was splashing the water, was excited. I was splashing the water just like.
Speaker 3: Crazy, like I like that young Madison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm uh, look, I think I'm probably getting too excited therefore, and oh I get it, but uh, will they come up short? They're a game and a half still behind the Blazers from the ninety They will they even get in there to the mega ball?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 1: But this is this is fun. This is a fun little storyline development here.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Man, you gotta reel it in. You gotta reel it in with the Phoenix Suns. You got a bird box them. As soon as you start paying attention to the Suns, that's when things go poorly. Right. They started the season off hot. We were bigging up right and immediately it was like DeAndre eight and got suspended in as soon as we were praising, then things went south and they never turned it around until now. It feels great to be celebrating in their success. But are we going to ruin it just by bringing it up? I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 1: You just want to, like, just don't talk about them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be like, Hey, it's like the real Sun. It's like we all know it's there, Like we don't have to bring up how amazing it is that it gives life to everything on Earth. It's just sustaining us, and so are the Phoenix Suns. In a little bit of a way.
Speaker 4: I'll say one thing about DeAndre Ayton today because Myles Turner. It's funny. He's considered a good defender, but he didn't make the Old Defensive team last season when he thought he should. I think he led the league and block in pick and roll defense. He was awful today DeAndre Ayton just and Booker. You know, when they ran that pick and roll, he basically had a free lane to the paint every time, and that was a sort of smart play that the Suns ran. But that's the other thing about it. And he has got that little mid range jumper.
Speaker 1: He hit a couple baseline jumpers, Like yeah, fades too is like that. I was just like, maybe he holds it really high over his head when he shoots. Who it's a little Robinson Lake. It's like, you're not blocking that. I mean, if you're comfortable with that, go to that, my man, Like yeah, yeah, I'm getting obviously overally excited to task about the Suns. But what do you think of the Grizzlies and the Pelicans? You know, or the Blazers, I guess to some extent of like, you know, the Sons are right there, Like we kept seeing the Suns at the bottom of you know, the standings, and now they're in tenth, like they're up there. They've jumped a lot of teams, even despite the Kings getting a win tonight.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a very, very, very fun race. I didn't know it was going to be this fun, and I just didn't expect it to be all that entertaining. But all those teams are still in it from literally from eight through thirteen because the Pels are down there, but they've got an easy schedule. I don't know how it ends up. As we said, this is going to be a tough little run for the Suns. They're meeting a Miami team that's been playing really well, really well. They could be four and oh, but they've lost to the Bucks and the Raptors. So you know, if Kyle Lowry doesn't yank on Jimmy's arm, they're three and one and no one's talking about the Raptors as much. So I will say this fact check. They did win four in a row in twenty eighteen, tray, but but maybe this was the note Devin Booker didn't play in one of those games. So is he only won three in a row? Yes, thats up.
Speaker 3: It stands rigorous anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, this is this is this is a basketball fan nerd him at its peak right now, watching guys that haven't had success go on this run like Campaign who Yeah, was Russ's partner, then he went to Chicago. Then he was a raptor if he fell off big time. He's hitting Steph Curry shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They go on a twenty one oh run, starting in the late third, going to the fourth. He's on the floor with Javon Carter, who is you know, mister tough guy but a great, great defender exactly, Cam Johnson, he's a little sweetheart. Draft pick number first round draft pick this year. Dario Sarz who has been around, been a starter in this league now now scoring. And then Frank Kaminski who tank. Yeah, Frank the tank. He's a bit polarizing. They go on this run and basically win them the game, I think, and then it starts to come back and finish this job. That was. Yeah, it's a blast to watch them. It is a Cinderella story. The schedule. I just don't know how it lines up, and it could. You know, this is so exciting that it's got me looking at tiebreakers, which I hate looking at.
Speaker 1: But he can give you a headache.
Speaker 2: Man. Well, the Grizzlies beat them three to one in this their season series, so it wasn't all that complicated. That's as far as I go with tiebreakers really, and so yeah, they could line up. They could literally tie the Grizzlies, you know, for one of those spots in the Mega Bowl, whether it's eight or nine, and just be out, which is lame. I think you should redo the tiebreakers for this instance because the Sons are playing so well over the Memphis Grizzlies. They should at least I don't know, ree do the tiebreakers? Just get rid of it because the Sun's Yeah, this is the story, no doubt. Yeah that Ayton's line, Booker's line. Everybody is is balling. And maybe Michel Bridges fits a little better than Kelly, you break, because he doesn't have to shoot. He's just a scrapper. He just compliments Devin Booker a little bit more, and they've found something for now.
Speaker 1: Here's how quickly things change down here in the bubble with this race. I mean, I asked you, how worried are you about the Grizzlies and the Pelicans of losing the Mega Bowl. The Pelicans are in last place of all these teams. I mean, I really shouldn't have even have thrown the Pelicans in the mix. I mean it should have been the Blazers, of course. I mean, just trying to keep track of this. Pelicans are in last. Kings beat them, and uh, I think the Kings have the tiebreaker on them. I mean if that even matters, it doesn't because they're not going to be playing for anything but Pelicans in thirteenth spot.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, just like that. But they've got a super easy schedules.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. They're not that good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they're not better.
Speaker 1: They're better scheduled, they're not very good.
Speaker 2: Well, they've got the Whizzies on their schedules, so they's they're worst.
Speaker 1: That should be a win, you're right, I'll give you that one. Yeah, that should be a win for the Pelicans. Yeah, the King's got the win. We're not gonna talk about them in great detail, but nice to see. Bogie was Foeba Bogee thirty five points. Thirteen to twenty shooting six threes and fox Man Fox could have been I know, if if the Kings have been winning some games league, he would have been knocking on the door of your all bubble teams. I believe he's been solid down there. He really has. Oh you don't want to give me that?
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean, you know, maybe, yeah, thirty and ten again from him. He's been doing that good. Yeah, you know a bogey though. I've heard Chumes talk about Bogey. He thinks he's got the prettiest shot in the in the NBA, and it was looking very very nice this afternoon because he had a stinker in the last game one for fifteen I think I was yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Had not been playing very well.
Speaker 4: But him, Buddy Hill, actually he's got a nice little handle too. When he wants to get that shot off, it's he's yeah, he's good. You can see why they want to They want to hang on to Bogey because he's going to get paid. Someone's going to pay in big bucks. So the Kings are going to do it and then mess it up somehow.
Speaker 1: Let me slip this in. I know tom Zilla wrote about it. Trey, what do you think about this idea, like this race. We're talking about it every night here on bubble Wrap, like how fun it is, and teams, you know, jumping up and down, Here come the Suns. Oh my god, the Blazer's own Pelicans, blah blah blah blah. Do you think there should be something here with the NBA tries to add this element to a regular NBA season? Should we do the thing where there is like the play in tournament from the seventh seed, let's say, to the tenth seed. Or is this just like a one time thing. What's your take on that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't actually think it's the tournament that's doing it. We're watching a playoff race, and we love it. Playoff races are always exciting. The key to what has happened that has made every game feel like it means so much is that all the bad teams are gone.
Speaker 2: So that to me is the key.
Speaker 3: We gotta get a second bubble for them during a regular season. The bottom ten teams once it gets to like March, we say, see it. You guys are playing for another something or another. You guys are playing for as much smaller trophy while us good teams are going to go figure out what's happening in the big boy tournament. Then we can take home an actual trophy, the actual championship. It's like the NCAA Tournament and the NIT when all the teams are good, all the games are fun.
Speaker 2: Mister Skeetz says through.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, too many splashing of those beers this afternoon. I think he's fallen asleep out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is eyes closed.
Speaker 4: Yes, what do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Do you like this tournament? I like the tournament doing it?
Speaker 4: Or is it just yeah? That's yeah. I mean we're else.
Speaker 3: I'll start for basketball and law loven't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm certainly up for experimenting with things, doing it for a couple of years, and just seeing how it goes, because you know, we get a chance this year for it, because there's under the circumstances we're in we wouldn't have had it otherwise. And I think it's time for the NBA to try a few things out. People are hankering for some sort of experiment. Do it for three or four years. If it's no good, then just get rid of it. I don't think that you don't think you lose anything by trying this, but I don't think you just do it once and that's it. I think you need a little bit more of a sample size to just see if it's something that can work, because I think it would be important to keep those teams eleven and twelve in the race at least later in the season where they think they can still make the playoffs. And I think that's important for the NBA. So I hope they do go ahead with it for the next couple of years, just to try it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough. We're in the midst of it. It feels exciting now, but it's odd to feel like we need more basketball teams in the postseason, number one, or to extend it when we all know that when it comes down to it, the top eight teams are more than enough in the playoffs. The nine to ten to eleven teams aren't going to be knocking anybody off, and so it's just some extra revenue for teams, is what it feels like. And yeah, it's a little it's a little excitement in baseball, it happens, but also in baseball, they've got such a smaller playoff field before they extend it is now we're getting to literally get into two thirds of the teams that are going to be in the playoff mix. And so yeah, it's fun because it's a race, but it's kind of like the losers race in a way because you're just gonna get destroyed by the good teams.
Speaker 3: So that is very weird to think that, like it could all be over so fast, right like you get to the Mega Bowl of it, the eight seed wins of one in one game, and then they go into the first round of the playoffs and happen to get swept by the Lakers, and suddenly it feels like, you know, whoever that team is that actually got into the eighth seed, it feels a little bit like their season may have ended quickly, like their season ended in disappointment. For it to go from a high of getting into the playoffs and then just getting smashed, maybe that'll be feeling weird. But I mean, we got to get there first, so I don't know. I'm getting a little bit of a Summer League vibe of the bubble just in general. The first weekend was so hyped and now we're already getting to the second weekend and players are starting to rest and the games are starting to be a little bit more scouting out of the quality of what you actually want to be seeing.
Speaker 4: That the last two days for sure, you know when you just know that a couple of those teams are taking their foot off the gas a bit and players are sitting out for rest, and you're like, oh, man, yeah, maybe it would have been better. That's the thing, like just do maybe a four game schedule or something like that, just so that we didn't lose that momentum that we had in those first few days. But it'll probably pick up again in the next you know, maybe after the weekend, when there's a bit more of a scrambling for spots and then you know, you can really sort of see how the seeding will play out. But yeah, I think it's been so much basketball and is on all day as well, that everyone's feeling a little fatigued after eight days in Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, we've got to remember this is kind of like how it plays out in early April. Anyways. It's like there's a scramble, sure, but then it's going to die out. It's not going to be all that fun watching guys rest, And then there'll be a couple of days where all the teams play at the same time kind of thing on the last Wednesday, and then we're into the playoffs. But let's move on to the next topic. I'll set you up here leading. How worried are you if you're the Mavericks. You're in the seven hall right now, if you're if you're looking at the Clippers in that second spot, How worried are you if you're the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been drinking Cocone's with my boys. Man, I'm hungover. I am really worried if I'm the Mavericks because they just can't defend. And tonight they actually offensively, they put up a bit of a fight there in the third and fourth quarter against the Clippers. But you know when the Clippers Patrick Beverly wasn't playing as well. They've got another defender to come back, and you know, Rick Carlisle likes to play the style of like, let's just see if we can outscore the opponent. But they just can't seem to get a real foothold in defensively. And you know they're going to make some changes. Of course, they're not. They're not ready to win the title now. With Kristaps and Luka Doncic. But the defensive improvement still has to start with those two guys because they're their star players. They're the ones who are going to be on the court most of the time. They're the ones who are going to be the focus of the other team. If these guys are easy to low Bi and I. So yeah, I don't like that match up at all for Dallas because I just I look at them, and I look at the Clippers with Paul George, and I look them with Kawhi Leonard, you know, and and I just think, you know Christaps as well, he's not a five. They had Bowbarn starting today because they know they're in trouble. On Zubats look great. So yeah, I think the Mavericks would honestly struggle to even win a game off the Clippers right now after what we saw tonight, because the Clippers can lock you down and the Mavericks can't. And offensively, the Clippers have got enough weapons that they can just go out there and score and spread the floor out and Dallas can't really stop them. So yeah, I'd be I'd be very, very worried to find the Mavericks. They need them Nuggets at worst case scenario. I think in that first round, I'm bad Grey.
Speaker 2: What do you think clip MAVs any hope? It doesn't seem all that promising.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not, And I honestly felt bad for the Mavericks watching, especially that first half. You know, stan Van Gundy is raving about the job Kleiba is doing on Kawhi Leonard, and he's doing a pretty good job. He's defending him as well.
Speaker 2: As he can.
Speaker 3: He's got like nine points through with like I don't know, maybe two minutes left in the second quarter. You're like, Okay, he's doing a pretty good job for a guy who probably shouldn't be sticking Maxi in the first place. And then Kawhi scores eight on like three straight possessions and you're like, oh, yeah, that's a that's just how it's gonna happen. You know, Kawhi can pot pile up points so quickly and and suddenly he's having an incredible game and it feels like he hasn't even put an imprint on anything. But uh, the Mavericks don't really have a guy like that. They're still early in their development. They still got the first two pieces, they've got a couple of support pieces, but they don't have everything they need, so it's not going to be a fair fight. The Clippers are going to be even better in the playoffs when they really want to get stops, and the Mavericks they're gonna want to get stops. They probably just can't pull it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I find it worrying that they slow down, even Luca and the entire team just really slows down in the fourth quarter and clutch situations. I find they're a little puzzling, But I guess it really is just coming down to everything going through Luca. It is a bit of a James hard Harden scenario, and I think he just needs to find a little bit more of a ball handler, not just a score, not just a Christaps, but somebody else to take the ball out of his hands a little bit. I think this team is going to start well like they did here in the bubble and fade and just that's just who they are because they don't have enough firepower. And I do agree Kristaps porzingis is as a center. They know, they know deep down inside them that as a center for forty eight minutes or for all of his minutes, it's just it's going to gass him out. It's not going to work out. And speaking of fades, they are going to Kristaps and Luca are going to the same barber I write according to Joe Varden. So I don't know if they developed that bond in those barber's chairs or something, and maybe they turn it around.
Speaker 1: Well, how many barbers are down there?
Speaker 4: Three? I thought it was only three, bit that was many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm back by the way, Sorry, I totally lost. I don't know if you saw there on the zoom the lights flickered like crazy and then it went goodbye. So what what was the Can I get the uh for someone catching up? But just how worried were you about this, uh, you know, potential first round matchup for the Mavericks. What was the consensus?
Speaker 4: Been popping some cocainis with the boys on.
Speaker 3: A lot of shaky legs.
Speaker 1: Boy, well, hey stop at third base, don't try and go home?
Speaker 2: Am I right to base?
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that because I was watching this game. It was I think the I think the Clippers were up like ten or eleven three minutes to go in the third quarter, Reggie Jackson dribbled by Tim Hardaway Junior on the perimeter and there was no one there and it was like a layup. And I was like, okay, I'm turning this game off. I know it got closer. I know Zingis ended up hitting a couple of threes and suddenly it was a game. But I was like, you're not gonna beat them like that, like you like, I don't know if you don't give a show for this game or what it is, but you're not gonna beat these this team if you play like that. And I think what I when I could I pick up from jumping back on here is like you guys are right, Like the defense is just not gonna be able to stop teams and especially the Clippers enough, Like if Redgie Jackson is driving by you on the perimeter for a layup uncontented, you're not gonna beat them, you know, four times out of seven. I'm sorry, Like you're a feel good story, you got two stars, but yeah, I'm with you, guys. That's a cocony. That's a cocny. It's gonna be it's gonna end in five five cocinys. That'll be a five game series. I think they take one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I honestly, I don't even know if they can get one thing.
Speaker 1: When the Clippers are weird that way, I feel, yeah.
Speaker 4: But if they get Montrez back and they get Pat Beav back and their full strength, they've just got too many sort of bodies that like the Mavericks. If the Mavericks have one of those notts, way, everyone gets hot from three. Sure, but that's about the endly I can say them really sustaining it against the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Let me confirm six hairstylists in the Bubble and the fact of the day they were contracted by William Rondo, Rejon Rondo's brother. He facilitated all the barbers in the Bubble. Thanks Joe Varden for that fact. He interviewed the candidates, made sure that they're up for it. And yeah, one is cutting, I don't know his name, is cutting Porzingis's in Luca's hair. So be on the lookout for their hair.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, who's cutting Rachel nichols hair, Doris Burg's hair, Stephanie Reddy's hair?
Speaker 4: Is anybody I'm guessing. I'm guessing they can just book an appointment in there, too, can't they? Who the Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: They have the capabilities.
Speaker 4: Of course they do. They have multi talented. Come on, man, well yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, you have lice. You go to lice places.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying. I'm just saying I think the lighties would, would you know? Lighties like to have their head trimmed. Often they'll be like, oh, I can slip in there. I think guys can do it. Yeah fine, Oh wow.
Speaker 1: All right, maybe I'm wrong. I want to find out now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: No, I'm absolutely curious. All right, findal one here. Big news today actually Ben Simmons. He's out indefinitely with a partial dislocation of his left patella aka his kneecap. Now an MRI showed no ligament damage to the knee, but still he's out here. So task, How worried are you? On the on scale of one to five? There the levels there if you're the sixers after this Ben Simmons news, which we thought last night wasn't that big a deal, but turns out it might be a little bit bigger than we first thought. How worried are you tas?
Speaker 2: Oh, I am worried. What I'm trying to think of a level higher? I need to go higher than Cocony breaking a leg and being down for six months. We don't know how long he's going to be out, but I think if you just got to assume that if they're contemplating the therapy, is that it's that's bad and that it doesn't seem like he's going to come back anytime soon, and if he comes back, he will not be himself. And they're seems like they're thinking long term. I will find out tomorrow, but uh, it's it seems like at least you know, weeks. Uh So I don't know. I mean, that's that's a guess on my part, but it sounds like that's something that's going to take them into the playoffs. And I'm not picking them in a series. If Ben Simmons is out, really wow, these there these their lead ball handler when when things aren't going all that well right now, he's you know, just because he's playing the power forward position. He is the guy that makes plays happen on that team, and it's been totally totally discombobulated with him off the ball. Uh. You know, they're scoring because they've got a lot of talent, but not against good teams. And I think, uh, you know, once you just start doubling Joel Embiid, which I think is what would happen if it happens a lot, but it would happen a heck of a lot more. If you're in a series without Ben Simmons, you're counting on Toby, Josh Richardson, Shake Milton and a weekend bench to come through, and I just don't see it happening. They b would have to be a monster, and somebody would have come through on those guards, in those guards, and I just I'd find I find it hard to trust them, you know, night in and night out.
Speaker 1: Kevin Pelton, he did the research tasks. He said that most of these injuries this you know, this this injury to the patella that he had, relatively minor, and that most players return within two weeks, so they miss an average of like seven and a half days of action, seven to eight days. That kind of timetable. If that's the case, would put Simmons back on the Sixers round the start of the playoffs on August seventeenth. That'd be like, you know, eleven days from now. So that's maybe good news, maybe it's not too serious, but you're right, like Lee what do you do if you're the let let's just even say he's out for the first round. Who knows, Okay, let's just say that. What do you do? Does Horford come back into the starting lineup? Do you bump to bias up to the Ford? Do you go cork maz and maybe actually like test saying, like you know, maybe he goes in there and it's like more shooting than Ben Simmons and maybe that helps an embeed if you're gonna try and double him. What would you do if you're Brett Brown, you're Australian, what do you do? He doesn't remember you at all?
Speaker 4: But no, no, yeah, well I guess, yeah, I guess as your point guard. You're gonna keep Milton and Richardson in the back court there, so yeah, you're gonna need that front court help. I guess you'd go with Ault Hawford. I think he's probably the best choice there. I mean, he's clearly struggled. But what else are you gonna do? Who else he gonna put in there?
Speaker 2: Is not a bad idea.
Speaker 3: The Corkman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the cork Man. I mean your options are netto for more ball handling. What Burks, I guess right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that means that that means you don't Bias and Joel and the together. I think that's that's it's a bit of a small lineup for them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I gos, I just go, let's put a shooter out there, let's see if if he can help us. And again, maybe Simmons is back for the playoffs. It's maybe it's not that severe, you know, the MRI again good, but man, god damn. Like I think Michael Lee tweeted Embiid and Simmons in theory, if this is you know, somewhat serious, which it appears to be, they'll never have been injury free, the both of them going into a playoffs. That's crazy. Yeah, like never both at the same time. Like, yeah, one hundred percent, let's roll. It's always something Trey with one with one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is exactly right. And you know that's probably part of the reason why they're never able to get one hundred percent on the same page and keep it that way for a long time, because you know, they'll win thirteen straight when Embiid is out, and then he'll come back and they'll have to figure it all out again and it's just starting over time and time again. They were starting over coming into the bubble, deciding to play Ben Simmons a little bit more like a big guy, and now they don't have as much time to figure that out before they go into a playoffs where everybody's gonna be putting pressure on Brett Brown to make changes and to make the right calls, and if not, his job is gonna be on the line. Even if despite the fact that Ben Simmons is going to be coming into the postseason with an injury, you know that's gonna factor into it too. So it's definitely tough. But I also don't feel like it changes a whole lot for me with regards to the Sixers, because they're impossible to figure out in the first place. Maybe putting cork Mas in there, getting a whole bunch of shooting it around him be it'll be fine. Because the guy has been balling so far. He can be an entire offense and an entire defense to himself. Is he able to do it for an entire playoffs that's compressed, we shall see.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred percent on board with that reasoning tray. Whatever you think about the Sixers, like Task is saying, like this is a worry. This is even higher than Level five. Do the opposite, the opposite will happen. I mean, like you might think that way, but watch this. They're the dumbest team. They're stupid. This team suddenly cork mass whoever goes in there, whatever you bump to buy us up, whatever, even if Horford comes back, going to start your line up for whatever reason. Watch they'll just dominate down here the next couple they're un seriously like they're the weirdest team that suddenly the story will flip it like, oh classic Patrick Ewing moment here and now Ben Simmons gone. Now they're gonna ball out of them as little trade hill like it will. This will happen with them. This is what the Sixers do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's possible, it's possible. And then it'll be like, well it's clearly it's Inbates team. They're gonna move on from Simms. That'll be the way. Guys.
Speaker 1: Would you be shocked. You wouldn't be shocked.
Speaker 2: You know who would you pick them over them? Because the East is just because of where they are, right, No, you're right.
Speaker 1: You're right. Task, it's a tough first round matchup regardless if Simmons is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they get if they get the Pacers, it's not going to happen like that would be the only scenario that you could see them on a level with the team. Otherwise they're playing the Heat or the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Not good, Bob, you so okay, okay, task Who would you rather play? If you're a sixers thing? Of those two teams, who do you think, and let's say Simmons is at no like, who would you rather play? Who do you feel more confident beating the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Or the Heat? I guess I think the Heat are too tough. I think the Celtics are you know, they know, they know the Celtics, they know them in and out. But yeah, that'd probably be the matchup. But it's no way of my picking Philly that they have looked. They're just they give up to any inspiring and uh and Boston would love to play Philly because they struggle on offense at times and I think they would find it very fast if Firkhan is on the floor, no offense for can I love you, I love you, I love you a lot, I love you so much.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you. Take a cork mass in it. I love you. Man.
Speaker 1: All right, we got well boy, Still, we got tweeted a night. Still we got pick I'm still, but oh baby, we got a drink from a baseball bat.
Speaker 2: Tassy. My name is Tasmelis. I'm thirty eight years old, and like most adults who have moved a few times, I've had to make this decision over and over. Do I keep this? Should I throw this out? Well? One thing I regret tossing are my baseball bats, because I like swinging around a stick taking a few reps. I like it so much. I even missed my mini bats I used to have. Those were trophies or participation awards I collected over the years playing baseball. That's why I was happy to discover dugout mugs. They sell barrels of wood baseball bats which have been turned into twelve ounce mugs. Do you understand what I'm saying? Barrels of bats, barrels of bats have been hollowed out and turned into mugs. See, I'm not just buying a mini bat. It's also a beer mug. That's called adulting. Perfect for a thirty eight year old man, and they're license by the MLB. Can't wait to get my Blue Jay's mug with all the Jay's names engraved over the Toronto skyline. Now those are barrels. Those mugs are barrels, but Dugout Mugs also has these wine mugs that have a handle and barrel exactly like a mini bat. And they're just screaming to be caressed and wiggled like you're Tony Fernandez. They look primed to be taped and pine tarred too. That's just me, I don't know. They also have shot knobs. Yeah, yeah, so a knob of the bat hollowed out, like right at the base of the beat, the knob and part of the handle. They literally purchased these bats.
Speaker 1: Hey boys, we're doing shot knobs today. Yeah, you want some peach knobs and your shot knobs?
Speaker 2: Oh you don't. You don't want one? You're a knob, you nab?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Na, luck Chucky.
Speaker 2: Do you have any knobs by the bull their skates today?
Speaker 1: Or I have a knob name on my back man Skeets. Its spelling out for you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll spelling b oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lucas beauty watch knob name on the back. We're talking dugout mugs.
Speaker 2: Dug out mugs, barrels turned into mugs, barrel laughs, wine cups turned into mini bats and shot knobs. What more do you want? Go to dugout Mugs dot com, slash the Athletic and use promo code MLB thirty for thirty percent off your first purchase. It's dugout mugs dot com, Slash the Athletic and code MLB thirty. Baseball is back. Ghet your very own dugout mug today.
Speaker 1: Did Judge hit a homeroom?
Speaker 4: No? No, I want to ask Tatty about this because he must have been on the bench and he was p h Is that pinch hitting? Is that that? So he just came out for once one crack at one a B, one a B and he he and he lobbed. He had a lobby out there.
Speaker 3: From the nab to the lob to the love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Disappointed that they're they're you know, the load managing him, I guess.
Speaker 1: But yeah, games back to back to back to back to back to back to back.
Speaker 4: That's my thing I'm looking for each night though, just to see him socking a diinger and didn't he didn't do it tonight.
Speaker 2: So how many lobs did he have?
Speaker 4: Just one? Just one lobby? Yeah, not too bad. But he so, I'm guessing he was swinging. He was swinging for the fences.
Speaker 1: You don't think he went down looking, do you.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think judgy. I think, all right, don't they don't. The biggest hitters tend to have the most case as well.
Speaker 1: Because you want to talk Rob Deer for a second. Love Dear was the one that got in Chris Ball's garage and hit all the balling balls.
Speaker 4: I think the I think wo Man the poh Man used to have a lot of k's, didn't.
Speaker 1: He excuse me?
Speaker 4: Wo Man? Yeah, pooholes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 1: Swing on him. We gotta give us a baseball podcast, be the greatest podcast. We don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Strikeouts a few years ago.
Speaker 1: That he was right, he's swinging for the fences. Every time you can train and sock some dingers, you're gonna take some keys, mat.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, exactly, exactly. That's what you want, though, that's what you want. Go for it for every single blast you made. I mean they like, would he ever swing to not go for a home run.
Speaker 3: No, man, that's that's old thinking. That's old baseball. We're not playing small ball anymore. Loop Panella, Hey, Tony LaRussa.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they pull out a little small bull. I can't.
Speaker 4: It's like Alex Rodriguez and his promise, like why would he ever not just try to hit a home run? Like like's man, Yeah, like every single time he's just trying to Yeah, he's trying to send one to the cheap seats.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what your problem is on this podcast. Sometimes I think you're trying to hit singles and doubles. Sometimes I'm just swearing for the fences. But yeah, just trying to lay. But sometimes.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to hit. Again, I'm not your glory boy.
Speaker 2: There's actually there's actually one guy who hits with a mini bat.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: He hits with a dugout widen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's five inches long, that's all he hits with. He's a spray hitter. He just bunts it and hopes for singles because he has more control that way. Oh yeah, Javier Bias, No, I'm lying, of course not. That would be amazing. That would be amazing.
Speaker 4: Who was that obvious that I think that would be easy to pitch to him then, because you just bring the field in.
Speaker 1: Has your heart o Dusty Bucks?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Lee just drops two incredible pieces of advice. First, if a guy's use a five in.
Speaker 1: Number two a.
Speaker 3: Rod, why don't you try and it home run every time?
Speaker 1: On your beautiful ad read there, I noticed you said if you were a thirty eight year old man like yourself, you'd be buying one of these dugout muggs. We'll tasty not much longer, my man, You'll have got a couple of days to buy that doug out mugg.
Speaker 2: To get it, to get it for free, to get it for free. I'm not buying that thing. Well, please send me that dug out muggs. Yeah, I'm turning thirty nine.
Speaker 1: You're turning thirty nine and what like a week in a bit right?
Speaker 2: What you can call me? You can call me Dave Parker. Next Saturday, I'll be thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Wow, you've only got eight more years in the majors there left in tassy.
Speaker 1: You think task right now? If you dedicated himself, you can make the majors. I think Steff the bet he.
Speaker 4: Can dh No, wait, no doubt about it. That that's I mean, you can have a pinch runner in baseball, can't you? Like imagine that you're sitting in the dugout doing nothing and the guy says, all right, go out and see if you can run?
Speaker 2: Can you? Here? You go?
Speaker 3: Lee?
Speaker 1: Why don't they?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: This is like why don't you put the your kazuna in in hockey? But like, why don't you put you seen bolt, you know, on your best pass?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not? Can you be a pinch runner from anywhere other than first base?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Could you pinch from third to home? Oh?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 4: I thought it was only from first?
Speaker 1: No, tas, I'm not wrong, right, You can put a guy on second, Like he hits a double, you can take him out, put a speed screw out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be fun if you could, if you had a pinch runner line up beside a header, so you had a big, slow fat he hit the ball and then yeah, okay, just takes off and runs from him. That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: He's sort of cool, ghosty almost. Yeah. All right, Well that was a hell of an ad Reid. Let's go to boy. I love it lovely Fantasy Line of the Night Damian Lillard. I'm not even given honorable mentions tonight. I don't care. Forty five points for Lillard, thirteen to twenty one, shooting eight to ten from the line, eleven three pointers made. I think that tied a franchise record for the Blazers. His own four rebounds, oh yeah, twelve assists, three steals. Blazers. They're coming for the Lakers, and we're gonna have a nice first round series.
Speaker 5: All right, Lely Tweet of the night, Tweet out the night, Wow Twitter, once you got on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, rough one today, Rough one, I was scattering.
Speaker 1: As this man had one at bat and he left one man on basis GB.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's it. You saw the Slack message come out about five minutes before we're on air and just said, yeah, yeah, struggling a little bit today.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so Skeze you delivered here with this one here from Bloggsy Wells because I've thought about this myself. Gary Trent Junior definitely looks like Paddy Mills out there. If they were to play each other, it'd be an incredible matchup. And this one came in from from Bloggsy Wells, said Gary Trent Junior, like if Patty Mills was in an eighties metal band just shredding guitar solose, wearing leather pants and doing a lot of illicard drugs and pretty accurate. I thought, pretty.
Speaker 1: Accurate tweetsweet right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you follow that guy, Bloggsy Wells?
Speaker 3: No? I do not.
Speaker 4: Where did you see that?
Speaker 1: Someone just put classic art that comes through you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I.
Speaker 3: How did you see that? No?
Speaker 1: I do, But honestly I thought about it because, like, what a great Twitter hand on them, Blosi Wells not alone. I don't even know if this guy's a you know, tweeting gems every night. That's a great Twitter handle.
Speaker 2: So wow, I follow him. I follow him. His location is Pizza Caboose, Tike Guard, Oregon. Okay, yeah he must be a fan. Now we're we're obvious. Yeah, we're connected obviously. If he says the word caboose, we say, this is the word caboose every show. Yeah, yeah, I followed. Yeah, great name blocks you Wells? What a name? What a name? What is this Twitter handle of the night? Let's move on. I thought you were saying that I got Yeah, it sounded like I wasn't done.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have hit the point with these shows where we just want to keep talking to each other and we don't really want to wrap up the show. I mean, look, it's one o'clock in the morning, but I don't know what are we gonna do. Everybody's like, well, we do, We're going to bed. It's like sad in a way. We'll just keep talking to each other about baseball. No results, Pacers Suns. I watched it from a pool Trey and I. We had the Sons to cover. Pacers had to win by four.
Speaker 2: They did not. They lost.
Speaker 1: That's a money line win. We've felt a lot of money line wins. I've noticed here in the Pick them Trey and I get the dub. We're five and three, Lee and Tasks fall to four and four. So nice little battle here. We said we're gonna take this up to the end of the Bubble games, which were basically a little bit more than halfway through. So task, what's our Friday pick them game?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Here we go, guys, Day nine of the seeding games. It's another six game sked Utah Spurs. Okay, see Memphis, Sack Brooklyn, Orlando, Philadelphia, Washington, Pelicans. But the biggie Boston and Toronto at the end of the night nine o'clock Eastern on TNT, Toronto favored by three and a half. And give me the Raptors. Yeah, yep, oh.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a ain sweet. I can change it right now.
Speaker 1: Stretching it out here, Raptors are winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm actually gonna go.
Speaker 4: With the Raptors as well.
Speaker 2: So some I oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Everybody taking the Raps to win by four or more points. Raps look good right now, Like I said, one of only two teams that are still undefeated down there, the Raps and the Sun. So everybody taking the Raps to win.
Speaker 2: By four or more, all right, good luck to everybody.
Speaker 1: Never know what the Celtics. I will take some Raps that play some close games, but the last couple of years, I feel like, let's call it there. Email us your questions and comments to no Dunks at the Athletic dot Com. We dropped a fun beach step in podcast earlier today. If you haven't downloaded and listen to that bad boy, go and do it a lot of laughs. Guys, subscribe to no dunks on YouTube. Smash that subscribe button, Smash that like button. And I heard this on another podcast today. I didn't know this was the thing. I actually think I heard it on Rob has a podcast. Smash that little note of vcation bell. Oh yeah, yeah, so you know we're going live. Okay, we're learning the ins and outs of YouTube here, but you hit that little bell as soon as we go live, you're gonna get a little alert, and then you can come join us live hopefully like you are right now. And if you do listen to the podcasts a little bit later, especially on iTunes, keep dropping those five star ratings and reviews. We talked about doing a little five star Friday. Is that right, Trey? I don't know if we're gonna do that on Instagram Live. We're gonna do it on the podcast. We can figure it out.
Speaker 2: But figure it out.
Speaker 3: I guess it is technically Friday tomorrow. Neat very very nice to know, Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: Indeed all right Insta Well, yeah, speaking of Instagram Live, I will be popping packs again next week.
Speaker 1: Did you get who I thought you?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, still still get you didn't get hurt? Still it's still in talks, still in talks, so yeah, still working off. Got man, My next week's always look great. They always look great the next week. It's just when it becomes that next week then it's like the way it gets pushed back. So I've got I've got like four who are like they're in yeah. Yeah, but I've got one confirmed for next Thursday.
Speaker 1: So you want to give us a little hit right now?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, smack, can I heck my tears? This one? Former Dallas Maverick, former Nick No, no, no, Derek Harper, Derek, Yeah, the Harp.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, hopefully next week.
Speaker 4: No, well, yeah, that one. I'm pretty confident about it. Once I say their name, I'm pretty confident going ahead.
Speaker 1: The others, can I can I share the name that you are at least in contact with it?
Speaker 4: I prefer not to this. You can share it off the air, just not on the air because I just don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, let's jump on this bus and get out of here. Okays, you heard it here first, have a great time, turn up, Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us. And remember I don't want the Blazers fans coming after me. I said it was Tigger Oregon bands in YouTube channel here saying it's tig Guard Oregon and it's ten o'clock there. WHOA, I wish I was in Tigart.
Speaker 1: Or Embrace the Night. People embrased it.
Speaker 2: You could stay boo every day.
Speaker 4: And dad you happy every minute.
Speaker 2: It's been so long that your the funa waiting for.
Speaker 4: It's happened already. It's gonna be grevy