Speaker 1: Look out. It's only films to be buried with. Hello, and welcome to Films to be buried with. My name is Brett Golstein. I'm a comedian, an actor, a writer and director of Sitting Duck, and I love films. As Melissa Broder once said, Desire is a beautiful disaster, which is why The Towering Inferno is also a good date movie. Apparently every week I'm invite a special guest iver. I tell them they've died, then I get them to discuss their life through the films that men the most of them. Previous guests include Barry Jenkins, Kevin Smith, Sharon Stone, and even Dead Bambles. But this week we have Part two with mister Tim Key. Head over to the patron at patreon dot com forwards slash Brett Goldsting, where you get an extra twenty minutes of chat with Tim, We talk secrets, you get the beginnings and endings, his favorites, You get the whole episode, uncut, adfree, and does a video all that Patreon dot com forwards slash Brett Goldstein. So hopefully you heard part one. If you haven't, go back and listen to it because you'll need it for all the stuff we talk about in part two, you're really going to like this one. So that is it for now. I very much hope you enjoy episode three hundred and forty five of Films to be Buried with? What about crying? Then, what's the film that made you cry the most? If not The Flying Man Need Tea?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm straight in here with full monthy Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really twice maybe three times. There's a bit where his son I think, goes to emptier savings account to give to his dad. I mean, that's that's insane, the sun I'm giving his father money. Wow, I'm off. I'm done. And then there's another bit with insight, but no, I don't need it. I'm happy to just lean into it. And there's another one I don't know his name is an amazing actor. They all are in that they are class. There's one guy who's like a little overweight. His character is overweight and he wants to lose weight. And I think he does stuff like wrap himself and cling film and stuff like that. But he does some very very good acting with his wife on screen, and it's just he's fantastic. Cried then probably cried at the end, you know, when it all sort of works out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good movie. Great.
Speaker 2: I would say a quick shout out to Robert Carlisle, thank you. Yeah, not at all. I think he's one of the greats. That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: He absolutely is one of the greats. Amazing to do Begbie horrible, scary, terrifying, and also be such a sympathetic, empathetic screen presence in his other stuff that you're like, I love this guy, just love him.
Speaker 2: In four months you just love him. That's my opinion as well. Yeah, I think it's like a magic trick. I think they are for me. Those two parts are the two parts of movies where my brain won't let me believe that's the same actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty, they're two good and you're right, they're doing something totally different. One is like probably just I'm guessing, just using his own accent, his own vibe, just playing that guy, being incredibly likable, sympathetic, it's amazing his performance and full monty, and the other one is like just completely inhabiting a mad monster. It's crazy that he can do both of those things, really good stuff. It's ten points to Robbie Carlisle. Isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pop gifts Pop ten down for Robbie.
Speaker 1: It's the first time in the podcast someone else that's got points, is it really? It puts you at minus ten, it's the problem.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I'll happily give away points to him, by the way we'll at it. I'll give I'll give a few points away to g Horn.
Speaker 1: Ge Horn. Goldie's getting how much? What's twenty points?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think twenty eight. She entertained me royally in the nineteen eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: Right, so you're in minus thirty, so a lot to catch up. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't care because there are two of my absolute flaves about Carlisle and Goldiehorn.
Speaker 1: Why haven't they done a Buddy Coup film?
Speaker 2: Would have been good, I mean, could still be good. I don't know exactly what Goldie Horn is doing at the moment with you know, I don't know what Goldie's most recent project was.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see them in the car together. Yeah, of course, you see crying in the full month. You do crying in the human world, just only in films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good. I did cry actually a month ago. But I don't really want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for answering.
Speaker 2: Real, real, real waterworks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is better than we've ever been and I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Well, well we'll go back to Luton and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: What is the film that you love? People don't like it certainly the critics stain, you don't give a shit, you love it unconditioningly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is bad. I mean we've watched this a lot. This film is. You might not know this film, but this, in fact, I think this. I think we got a little obsessed with it and then googled some stuff about it. I think it like it didn't. I think it might be like in some record books. Actually, the film's called P two, P two, P two Why is it?
Speaker 1: Tell me?
Speaker 2: Here's the plot? Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a guy fancies the girl It works in the car park, and I think he maybe she is not interested in his advances. Anyway, long story short, he kidnaps her and takes the hostage. In P two, P. Two is the level car park is? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Parking level two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole thing takes place in one level of a multi story car park. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long ago is this film?
Speaker 2: By the looks of things. I'd say maybe twenty years. I actually don't think, hand on heart, you definitely could make this film now. Yeah, I mean it's pretty crazy. It's not on the stuff. This guy's doing an American film. This film American film. But I mean there's been so many American films, so there's some great examples examples of American films over the years.
Speaker 1: There have been a few, for sure, but P two stands up to you as one of the I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what happened was I don't know how this happened. Oh I think I think this is what happened. Me and my friend were on holiday and it was hotel room shared, hotel room time, Telly on and maybe thirty minutes into this film, and we're just watching this film, and you just gradually become aware that there's this mad film happening. And then obviously it's come back from holiday and buying the film, and then obviously it's New Year's Eve. Watched the film before we go out, and then obviously you're in too deep there where the following New Year's Eve, it's you know, drinks, and suddenly someone puts Peter on and so petero has sort of been floating around for a while.
Speaker 1: P two.
Speaker 2: You googled Oh, now we're talking.
Speaker 1: It's two thousand and seven. The log line is business business Woman. A business woman is pursued by a psychopath after being locked in a parking garage on Christmas Eve. It's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: I guess it really is. And people love that, don't they when they say, yeah, this could be the new Diehard.
Speaker 1: P two is your Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: Actually, it's not my Christmas movie because I've got a Christmas movie down. And answer to your next question, I think, weirdly.
Speaker 1: What is the film that you used to love but you've watched it recently and you don't like it anymore?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, point break, point break?
Speaker 1: Ah, what's wrong with point break?
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with it. Sometimes you need to understand when you're doing your podcast that there are some answers where people will think, ah, that's the film for that one, and there's others where you just think, I'll tell you what I'll put point break.
Speaker 1: What's a shame, though, is if you play like that, that's minus ten. I've got to give ten to point break because because it still holds out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think, well, do you know what, I just remember loving the It's the ex Presidents, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just remember I think in my.
Speaker 2: Mind that was bigger than it was a bigger element of the film than when I rewatched it. Also, you have to please try and remember the circumstances under which I rewatched it, And that would be your friend of mine. Lockdown, Yeah, twenty twenty. And you know when you're sort of you make a arrangement, you're just finding your way through lockow.
Speaker 1: Were you alone in Lockdown leaving alone in your house? Were you? Yes?
Speaker 2: I was Yeah? Were you?
Speaker 1: I was not alone? Luckily, I think I'd have gone completely absolutely insane? Did you?
Speaker 2: I went completely absolutely insane? That was the final twist. This was one of the you know oases where you're just like you hit upon a plan where you're going to all watch a movie, you know, and you're all going to hit play at the same time. Yes, right, so there's like probably three other cup palls and.
Speaker 1: Me, right, okay, it's already bleak.
Speaker 2: Let's hit play.
Speaker 1: Are you all on the phone or you just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well yeah, we're gonna be on WhatsApp. You know, We're not We're not like zooming and we're watching.
Speaker 1: You're not an audio WhatsApp. You're just like going to text each other. You haven't I got a group cool game exactly. It's just it's just a visual what'sapp? Three two one message from me? One second. I'm just literally serving up my food.
Speaker 2: Zero play. They hit playing. I'm like, hang on one second, one second, I'm like charging back into my lund space, pouring down my track suits, off lunch for the receiver, after remote control, press play, and now I'm like thirty five seconds for the whole movie. Absolute chaos. Everyone saying, wow, interesting fork not at the fork.
Speaker 1: Bit, stop spoiling for.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely carmage. I'm saying, I don't know where Bristol was in it.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not in the bar yet. Do you know what I'm going to give you? The ten points back? Good?
Speaker 2: Great, a couple of I'll have a couple of Robbie Carlos at this point, actually lock him down to if you ever had the pleasure have you ever met Robbie Carlo?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I bet bet he's incredibly normal, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he's really nice and sort of I bet he's really gentle.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably incredibly unaffected, don't you think.
Speaker 1: I imagine some people, particularly around the time of train Spotting. Here's my imagination of his life. He might be in a bar at point and someone goes yeah, and that's something sort of scary to him because they think he's begged, and he's like quite upset.
Speaker 2: Right he is, I suppose to The real worry would be we meet him at some point. And I'll tell you what. It's not one of the questions, but favorite sequel. I don't mind Trainspotting too, I must say me too. I think it's great. Yep, really good.
Speaker 1: I really liked it, and he again, he's wonderful in it. I'll tell you in a similar area if I may, because I think what I like, what I liked about Tea Too Trainspotting two is that it didn't it sort of went Listen, the burden of being the greatest film of all time, important film, we're putting that aside. Let's just make a good film about this. And that's what they did. And there is a film called Doctor Sleep, which is a sequel to The Shining, which you can, of course, you can't make a sequel to The Shining And if you take a side, forget it being the greatest film ever made. This is just a film. It's a really good film. Yeah that's good.
Speaker 2: Well, nice to see someone's finally taking the trouble to adapt on Stephen King's books.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: We don't want them just sitting there gathering dust, do it.
Speaker 1: What is the film that means the most to you? Not necessarily the film itself is any good, but the experience you had around seeing it will always make it important to you. Timothy Keys, I had a very interesting and good experience for the movie very recently. This is I think we're in nice world here nieces and nephews in France. No, they still call you about nice world. Look, I love spending Christmas with my nieces and nephews. How many you got?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Two of each? Yeah? All from the brother gotta be just cranking him out, bang bang bang bang.
Speaker 2: It's not the way he phrases it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what at the age? What are we talking here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, decent spread. I would say probably if if we were a betting man eighteen eighteen sixteen fourteen to well, why not lovely right, wouldn't like work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pops went out, Pops went out, gives it a year back in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, back in. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: So were we talking nephew, niece, nephew, niece or two.
Speaker 2: T yep no, no, no, also no nephew, niece, niece, nephew.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, yeah, by nephews the nieces.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think so. I think that was the thinking nephew, niece, niece, and then then thinking, right, we'll just close this off with a nephew and we're done. I don't think there's a there's not a couple in the world. We'll go nephew, niece, niece, nephew niece. That'd be crazy, that's insane. Nephew niece, niece, nephew. Yeah, sounds perfect, And it is. They're all very nice.
Speaker 1: Which one? Which one is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Tim Eliza, So Christmas there's always a choosing the films to watch, and so I'm like, interesting, try and like steer it to home alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rapped.
Speaker 2: I've absolutely rattled myself by saying that my favorite is I never I never thought. I never thought it was this much of a pussy that I go back and say no, no, I like them all but anyway, but it is actually.
Speaker 1: Anyway. The point being is that top knees or button, but but not in my eyes though, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, he should have had first beat the bracket. Beats the bracket. So then you're sort of waiting to we're working out watching movie to watch on Christmas Day or whatever, and there's always these swirling ideas of like what to watch home alone? I like try and steer it towards more the home alone sort of area of things. Nativity is flowing around. I'm like, I don't want to watch Nativity. That's like such a babyish waste of my time. And then but I always like watching these films with these people. And then this Christmas I'm just like, I'm watching this discussion go out of control. I'm thinking, if we're not carefully, we're watching Nativity. There's a lot of love for Nativity, and eventually I just succumb and we're watching Nativity. That is a very good film. Ah well, lovely is have you seen it? No, I've not seen Nativity. Watch Nativity. But you know, in terms of answering your question, that would be like, it's nice, isn't it to watch a film with family, and I really do like these these kids, you really like, yeah, exactly, wading through the other three, but yeah, forget to oh god, so yeah to just sort of, you know, riplet on a Christmas Day, just be sort of kicking back and watching and watching Nativity. That was That was a nice moment. It's very good. Honestly, there's some decent performances in that. Don't worry about that. That's Watkins, Jason Watkins and Wooton.
Speaker 1: Wood On firing those films out here, brilliant Freeman. I mean, honestly, it's good. It's really good. That's nice. That's nice. What is the film that you most relate to? Timothy Keys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fargo?
Speaker 1: Which character? Which? Which?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even remember the other characters? Oh bashimi's floating about, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Who are you? McDorman? No?
Speaker 2: No, oh, that's it. William H. Mason again again very good. He's a very good actor. He's a very I just like I think that is obviously it's It's in the pantheon, isn't it. It's a really good film and some decent mystery and some decent detective work. She is off the scale, off the charts and her relationship with her husband, and it's also sweet and beautiful. There's an amazing scene where she meets which I'm always thinking about, where she meets an old school friend for lunch in a cafe and it's crazy anyway. The point being William H. Macy the descent of his character in that film, where he just gets in a pickle and he just keeps on digging and makes it worse and worse and worse, and keeps lying and covering up and just really hoping for the best. I just think I find it incredibly relatable that I feel I could accidentally find myself.
Speaker 1: Like you and a night out in the Brooks b that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I just feel like there's a way that you could just get in a pickle with your finances or something, or you know, offend someone or do something where I just think that film is just about a man's life just spiraling out of control and after a bit there's a momentum that you just can't stop. And he's so kind of I guess you could say, maybe weak, but in the same way as like people are, people are where you kind of go. I don't know what I would have done. I'm not watching that film going, oh, come on, mate, pull this off together. You can sort this out. I'm watching it thinking, oh god.
Speaker 1: It's just really it's a great answer.
Speaker 2: It's not a great answer because it's just it means you should back yourself.
Speaker 1: It is a great answer. It feels very feel, very honest, but.
Speaker 2: You should feel like you should. I think the idea of watching Fargo should be thinking I've got more about me than this, than letting this happen to me. But I think I'm a big fan of the dissent film, where you're just at the start someone's fine, and eighty minutes in you're thinking, this person isn't going to turn this round. There's another good one like that, which is called Reccoem for a Dream, where it's all fine, then after a bit it's just there's no way of turning with that trainspotting. I suppose as well, like you know that, just I mean, I suppose this kind of descent, yeah, exactly, a descent into the pit of despair where you just see as you're watching it, there's one or two moments where they could have clung onto something and escaped, or you know, accepted help or latched onto someone who they could have somehow managed their way through it, and you realize that all those points have gone now and this person.
Speaker 1: Is done for really good answer. You know what, Tim, I'm giving you ten points, and you know what, I'm going to give you twelve points, but I'm going to take two of you and give them back to Robert to Monty because I feel better.
Speaker 2: I've been saying, I think pretty consistently throughout this podcast. I'm a massive fan of Robert color in his work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't mind giving him the two points back? Oh god, no, no, okay, Oh, here we go to it. It's the bit we've all been waiting for. It's the sexiest film ever made. Tim Keys basic instinct move on. I mean, like, you know, you rack your brains and stuff. I couldn't really think correct, it's basic instinct move on. It's the perfect coming together of you know, age and yeah, you know, I mean, I'm sure that's not the answer that someone who was like seventy when it came out, they'd probably they'd probably picked something from the fifties. But really, basic instinct comes out when I'm about seventeen, doesn't it. I respect that, and you're absolutely right. It is the answer. But then the next question is the sub category traveling boneer is worrying? Why ones the film? We found a rousing that you weren't sure you should tip key. Let's see old traveling boner.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of.
Speaker 1: One not troubled by any boners all clean, All your boneers are clean.
Speaker 2: I don't think my answers flit the purpose.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hear it. We'll discuss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you can talk me through this one a bit. Yeah, I've written down the secret of my success the Michael Day Fox film. Yeah, what part of it is the traveling by watched it so long ago, I can't remember. I think there's a sexy bit in that film. I think there is. I think because he's like so successful and he's juggling those two jobs so well, I think there's like a really powerful like business lady. I think it might be in the era where it's off come the glasses and it's shake the hair out. I think it's like it might be peak that sort of.
Speaker 1: Stuff, peak, like oh my god, I had no idea she was so fit.
Speaker 2: I think you get a bit of an idea. But I think even so, let's glasses off, shake the hair out. It was a different era. I suppose it's directing.
Speaker 1: So you're traveled by that because you're like, hey, she was beautiful and along. What are we talking about here? What glasses don't make a woman beautiful?
Speaker 2: I've got to say, I don't think I was. I don't think it's a troubling boner.
Speaker 1: But what is?
Speaker 2: What are the sort of films where which might can you give this? I've never thought i'd ask you this, But can you give me a multiple choice for my troubling boner?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I can give you. Like, here's the thing. Some people get scared of this question and give bullshit answers. A fair answer that's in a really safe territory is like, oh, I don't know an animated character. Yeah, yeah, of course that's the sort of way out of it. Is a good way out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think if I thought of that, I would have I would have gone to.
Speaker 1: That Nish who does this, who does End of the Year with me, has consistently been very, very honest with his troubling bonus in a way that I cannot tell you how much I respect a lot. I respect it a lot. Yeah, yeah, And he picked once in the film Sorry to Bother You, when Tessa Thompson's on stage having ship thrown at her. He was like, that was his troubling bone. That's a good, honest answer. So there are there's your scales. You can go, oh bell, or you can go you know, I think I've got down.
Speaker 2: I've gone down the middle slightly with my success.
Speaker 1: You've sort of just gone with attractive women shaken out. Her hair must nowhere near the middle. Is it?
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's not far animated.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, like what I what I what I get about it is like, you know, it's kind of making you like a righteous like you're a good man because you're like, hey, she was beautiful, but so what if she wears glasses? You know's troubling you about it? You're like, what you're saying, what you're saying to the listener is hey, women can still wear glasses and be attractive.
Speaker 2: You know what what I'm saying to the listener is, I'm saying I'll try. I'll give it some more thought over the weekend, and I'll text you and we can put it in the show.
Speaker 1: Notes, will you send me a voice note with the yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll send you a voice notes with my troubling bonus.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So, what is objectively projectively the greatest film of all time? Not your favorite the pinnacle of cinema?
Speaker 2: Well, that's very interesting. You see. The thing is the film I would like to nominate as my answer to this question, and it is a classic, and it is iconic, but it won't necessarily have come up before in your podcast. Is it a movie called Safety Last?
Speaker 1: Do you know it? The Harold Lloyd film where he hangs off the cluck he does? That is an excellent answer. It has not come up because you are a quality guest.
Speaker 2: And what I would say, let me tell you about this film is that is primarily a poster, you know, in a student's flat. That's its main sort of m O these days. It is very iconic. I'd say it's maybe one of the ten most iconic frames taken from a film. I suppose, ever, don't know what the other nineer. We could do that another time, but the when your next thing is a clip of him doing that. And when we were little, well certainly when I was they had like a show where it was like all different clips of like those silent movie people hosted by Mark Curry. So you get a bit of Charlie Chaplin, a bit of Laura and Hardy. Then you'd get a bit of you know, Buster Keaton or something, and some Harold Lloyd. And so you've seen I've seen that clip lots of times. I saw the movie about ten years ago. That movie is insane. It is fantastic. It's a love story, it's beautiful. He goes to effectively he's in a village with his fiance is broke. So he goes to town and works in John Lewis, their equivalent, and he pretends he gets a job as like a low down person in John Lewis, but then pretends that he's the CEO. And so he lives this double life, and there's plenty, thank God, of possibilities for physical.
Speaker 3: Comedy, amazing bits where people are like coming into his office and he has to show people around the whole department store where they think he's the CEO and actually he just works there in the haberdashery or whatever.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, him and his friend, I think he's called the Spider, noticed that there's a as a competition, a climbing competition to climb that tower, and he thinks he needs he needs to win that to impress his lady, and so he's sending notes back saying how amazing his job is as the CEO, and she eventually, I think, finds out that he's not, and then she comes down. But that's the final sequence, is him climbing to the top of that tower, and the movie is, yeah, it's beautiful. I mean a lot of those silent movies, I think I've got the wrong end of the stick. I think I'm just watching those little clips. Yeah, and it's not until he watched that I thought I actually thought that Charlie Chaplin was a pretty creepy little fellow. And then you watch a whole Charlie Chaplin movie and you're like, oh, right, okay, this is guy. This guy is one of the main geniuses of you know the last Yeah, well probably ever I suppose pretty good and yeah, so these feature films really do stand up if you actually watch a silent movie. And I think that's my favorite of the lot of safety. Last.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you twenty points for that answer, which gets you back to your You're on minus ten and that's just the ten you go to Goldie.
Speaker 2: You know what I'd have settled for that coming into this podcast, Minus ten is good. That sounds good.
Speaker 1: Monthy's and his own back, so he's faining. Monthy's still in the lead lead with twenty. But Goldie on minus ten, you are minus t You're currently he's on ten.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I can get up to zero. I think I'd be happy to leave this podcast on zero.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is the film you could or have watched the most over and over again in May? Interesting?
Speaker 2: Mm hm, I don't know why. I just I love that film. I also think there's something about I mean, I like a lot of those, a lot of.
Speaker 1: His films Mike Lee. For the listener who may not know that, sim we're talking about Mike Lee films, Mike Lee a lot. I love a lot of those films, and this one, I don't know. It's just so simple.
Speaker 2: I think there's something about it as well, which I didn't really realize watching it the first time, but I think maybe I did think this when we made our film. It's kind of inspirational, and that it's so small and it kind of feels like it's possible to shoot it. You kind of think that hasn't cost millions and millions. That is just a really interesting, compelling relationship, a very simple tale, and amazing, amazing writing and acting. And you just think if you watch Star Wars, you're not thinking, oh, I wonder how I can make Star Wars one day, but with and there's other films like it where like I remember watching with Naan I and thinking like rewatching it and thinking, yeah, that's not like Beyond the witter Man. That's like I mean, I mean, I think I'm thinking in terms of money, and in terms of technicality and st and in terms of like not it's not gandhy. You know, you don't really need three hundred thousand extras to make with you just got these two three characters who you just can't take your eyes off. It's really interesting and some locations and you know, some time. I don't know how much time, but probably I'm guessing those things didn't take months to shoot. I'm guessing they were like you could shoot them in two or three weeks. Probably.
Speaker 1: Have you seen his new film Hard Truths? No, I have not, have you I love it and I've had if I'm honest sort of mixed feelings about his stuff. I don't love all of his stuff, but I really loved How Truths. I liked it so much. And I think it's really funny and really sad, but genuinely funny. And I don't know it really Sometimes there's things in his film that I don't know. I guess it's just taste, isn't it. Sometimes I'm not into not into his all this stuff. But H's really felt like a proper banger. Wow, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I probably like some more than others, but I pretty much like most of them, I think. I mean, I really like Secrets in Lives. Yes, that was really good, and I did like mister Turner.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I like all this stuff? Who am I kidding? I think, yeah, he's so Who am I kidding? I think I like Abi Girls Party. Yeah, I think you do too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I must do. I think I think that could have been my answer to this one as well. Yeah, it is funny those those films where you like, you just turn the telly on and they're like forty minutes in and you're like, okay, away we go. Guess I'm watching Abba Girl's Party for now. I'm not minding it.
Speaker 1: What's the worst fit You've ever seen? Timothy Keys and Rouge?
Speaker 2: But you know it's just a taste thing, isn't it. A lot of people like that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah? God, I'm so sorry, Tim that's actually got you minus thirty. Fine you're back, absolutely fine. You only seen it once? Yeah, see it again? Come back to me. I cannot wait. I hated it?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sat again? I thought this is one of the best ways ever.
Speaker 2: Oh, I might watch it on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch it on Tuesdays and figure out your traveling boner. Send me a voice. If you still hate it, I might give you ten points back.
Speaker 2: I could get the troubling boner in the film.
Speaker 1: I think that would be just a straight up boner. Depending on if you were turned on by this sort of consumption, then maybe that would be traveling.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll let you know of them turned on by the consumption?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? But what but will but but while you're in your current not Likingry's face? What is it about it? Musicals? Is it the whole thing? What's the thing?
Speaker 2: I got to tell you? I wasn't in there for tons of time? I think I was also. I was there with my friend and we you know, you just look at each other, don't you, and you go you give you give each other the we'll give it five more minutes. Look, and then you give each other the Let's go home and watch Annie Hall. Look, that's what we did. Remember as the first time I've seen and it's beautiful. It was one of the great, you know, solid quick decisive decisions. Let's get out and let's try a different thing.
Speaker 1: How long have you made it into mulas? Probably twenty minutes. It's an intense beginning. It's a lot going on in that beginning. It's it's it's tough to get into that film. I'm gonna watch it again. I already said, yeah, I don't know. It's very good.
Speaker 2: I'll give it another go. What else is That's a famous director, isn't it? What else has he made?
Speaker 1: Most recently made Elvis, he made Romeo plus Juliet, He made Australia, Yeah he did. He made Strictly Ballroom. Yeah, he'll be a busy Tuesday. I think that's all of it. Yeah, it might be a missing one.
Speaker 2: I think you are. There's one more absolute whacker.
Speaker 1: I think, what's there. Let's see there's one more in there isn't.
Speaker 2: There there's a whacker. I think it's in the last ten years.
Speaker 1: The Great Gats. Of course it is the Great Gats. You're in comedy, you're very funny, you're in fact technically the purest Edinburgh Comedy Award winner of all time.
Speaker 2: I'll go with you on that.
Speaker 1: What film made you laugh the most?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what film made you laugh. How easy is it?
Speaker 1: It's not easy.
Speaker 2: I've got an answer. I don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: I mean the things that made me laugh are things that are a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pre boom, pre thinking about booms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, But I really really remember laughing at the jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd go with two brains, right.
Speaker 2: So I don't know whether those things necessarily would stand up now, no idea. I think if I'm being like really, I mean it must be. I would say it must be. Your most common answer airplane is like, that's like such a yeah, but you know it's probably films where you're like the ones where it's not necessarily a flat out comedy. There's a film called Man Bites Dog. Do you know that one. I do know that Belgium. Yeah, very distinct. Yeah, yeah, but it's kind of like very very dark humor. Kind of mad, isn't it. It's a documentary serial filmmaker. Yeah, yeah exactly, so you get sort of kind of interesting scenes with very matter of fact dialogue about just a guy as if he's like, as if his job is a normal, mundane job, but he's just chatting about his job whilst simultaneously weighing down a body with rocks in a canal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was funny, but you know, I don't know how much how kind of hard wired I am. I think probably it's more palatable to watch a movie which is like a really serious movie and then it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, well I think that. I think about like The Sopranos, and you go, Sopranos is drama. It's so funny. It's fifty percent funny, yeah, if not more. Yeah, Timothy Keys, what an absolute delight? This has been?
Speaker 2: How great?
Speaker 1: Bra?
Speaker 2: Oh no, what do I have to do?
Speaker 1: When you were eighty years old and you finally you've done everything you wanted to do, you'd already done it. To be fair, you made it, you won the lottery again, and with that money you made another film and it was also good. And then you were like, there's one thing left I want to do in this lifetime, and that is meet Gehorn. And you find out where she lives, somewhere in la and You've brought me along as an assassin, and I say, why am I doing this? And you say, I just wanted to think that I sort of did something for her. And I was like, why don't you just sort of shake her hand? You go, no, I don't. I just said she gets that from a lot of people, like I want to sort of stand out. And I said, well, she might know your work, remember what happened with Cary Mulligan. She might actually be a fan of yours. And you're like, I just don't think Gehorn cares enough. And there's only one way to really sort of get her attention. Okay, okay, and we stick to a plan. You say, just stick to a plan. I go, okay, So I take my gun and hide in the bushes and you walk towards g Horn and you wait, gee Horn, and she looks terrified because she's not expecting you. You didn't actually call ahead, and as you're walking. You think, I don't know if this was the best plan. Actually this is kind of worse than me just kind of sending a letter or something. And you look back at me like I was thinking. Because she looks scared, Kurt Russell comes out with a shotgun and you're like, who wha, whoa, whoa whoa, And you put your hands up and I shoot you bang in the back of the head. Oh yeah, your head explodes, splashes all over poor g Horn. She screams. Kurt Russell's like looking at his gun, like what I didn't think I pressed it? What the fuck happened? You fall down, I stand up with a coffin. You know, I'm like, I guy, sorry, that was actually me. He wanted to just impress your g Horn. Kurt Russell comes behind me as I'm trying to explain to you Horn, he shoots me in the back of I'm dead. Geehorn goes, what the fuck just happened? And Kurt Russell goes, I don't know. These English guys are fucking crazy anyway. They put you in the coffin that I had on me, and they put you in there. But you're a bigger man at eighty than I was planning. There's no room in this coffin. They have to chop you up. They're getting accents, they're outdoorsy, they're chopping you out, putting you in the coffin. It's absolutely round. There's only enough room in this coffin for one of them to slip a DVD into the side for you to take across to the other side. And on the other side, it's movie night every night. What film are you taking to show? The scary Egghead in Heaven? When it is your movie night, mister Tim Keys the apartment? Thank you, pleasure, tim Key. Is there anything you'd like to tell people to look out for or listen to? When's your film coming out?
Speaker 2: For example, film is coming out on the twenty eighth of March in the US, film is coming out in May, I believe in the UK.
Speaker 1: And what's it called for? The listener? Oh, the film is the Ballad of Wallace Island.
Speaker 2: The Ballad of Wallace Island. Very good, yep, I'm gonna put it better myself, The Ballad of Wallace Island.
Speaker 1: And you're on you're going on tour? Are you doing so? Just say so?
Speaker 2: Doing so? Theater in May, Tim Stakes up somewhere and then we've written a book and Emily Juniper Lovely and that's coming into the world.
Speaker 1: I think in also May, Big Month.
Speaker 2: Actually not May, I think that would be more June. What'd youly?
Speaker 1: Okay? Thank you? What's that we're going to like? Oh? That's gonna be called La Baby Tim k. This has been a delight, a double episode. Delight. God bless you for your time. I'm glad that we did this. I'm gonna book a train to Luton so you can tell me how are you a great?
Speaker 2: Oh? I would love to do that. Thanks very much for having me in your intergalactic cinema. Thank you, Love to you, Love to you, you see, good day to you.
Speaker 1: Good Hi. So that was episode three hundred and forty five. At the end of part two, head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com forwards that aspect Gold's team for the extra twenty minutes of chat, secrets and video with Tim Key. Go to Apple Podcasts, give us a five star rating and write about the film that means the best to you and why it's a lovely thing to read. It helps numbers and we really appreciate it. Thank you. So much, Sir Tim for giving me so much of his time. We did so much together. Oh it was fun. Thank you to Scroup's pipping the distraction pieces of Network. Thanks you Buddy Peace for producing it. Thanks to iHeartMedia and Milfare with big money players Network posting it. Thanks to Adam Misston for the graphics, Lea's Laden for photography. Don't forget to go and see the Ballad of Wallis Island in the cinema. Come and join me next week for another incredible episode with an amazing Oscar winner. That is it for now. I hope you're all well, have a lovely week, and in the meantime, please now more than ever, be excellent to each other. Fast back back back as a sick
Speaker 2: Basta by backs, outcasts, back back backs, outcast back back back