Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montree Moore, and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Here we are on a Tuesday, coming to you from the Star in Frisco's SWC podcast studio. This is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Ris Craig. Game got three players talking football with you. Got Anthony door Setting, Trade Moor's back, We got Barry Church. I am Newie Scrugs. The Cowboys were they off day here, so victory Monday yesterday off day here. Spoke with Brian Schottenheimer yesterday. Asked about my boy Mingo.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: What do you got to mean about wide receiving numbers? Said the three collective groan, We're talking about Dingo. I mean, I said, were talking about Mingo. Talk about.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Mingo? You j ming and Mingo who I went found him in the locker room. I had seen him since camp. I was like, like, that's Mingo right cart and where he did eighty one? I mean, so he's over there by my miles saying, it's like it's like a little group that we.
Speaker 5: Wow, they don't want You don't want to be.
Speaker 3: You know, can be over there with God. You don't want to be over there.
Speaker 4: You walking to the far the locker, A little little little click right there, that cold.
Speaker 3: We don't never go to him. You don't want to be asy, don't want to be in that group sitting there together.
Speaker 5: You know, there ain't no interviews come over.
Speaker 3: About the man.
Speaker 5: They don't want us.
Speaker 3: We were we were talking to Kenneth Murray and I saw us like, look like double check. You get a double check? Can go right? You would ask somebody, is this.
Speaker 5: Where's my bulletproof vest?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I went over there and I went and got it, and man was dressing getting ready to leave. I'm gonna go get his scouts because because it was confirmed, it was him, so affirmation, I mean, you want to at least be courteous. So I said, he think we talked to you real quick. So we talked to him. I did not realize he's never played a game with Dak Prescott, never because Dak was hurt last year when he when he got here by the time he was ready to go, he Dak was hurt, so he's never played with himself.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: He talked about that opportunity and then just remembering yesterday's players, lone and we guys were talking about him getting scout team work.
Speaker 3: He spent last week on the scout team.
Speaker 4: We talked about getting Scout team rep showing what you could do, so he did that last week. I asked about SPSSEL teams. We talked about that too.
Speaker 3: He said, oh, he said, you got to play special team.
Speaker 4: So he's already set. So he's already been, you know, working on that. I said, well, can you are you healthy enough to do it? Werena cause any issues at all? He said, I'm ready to go, got to play, so he was going to do so he was he I think maybe punt, but I'm punk but I wasn't sure so, but anyway, that'll work itself out this week. And that's what Schoenheimer said. He today, Look, you know windows here, he's going to be up. So he's gonna be on the fifty three. He wasn't ready to say he was going to activate him yet. Then he went down the list of the receivers and everything you guys were doing well, So he wasn't ready to commit, but he did have good things to say about Mingo possibly coming back. I haven't had an opportunity to talk with Dak Prescott about it, but the things we talked about yesterday on the show, I took it.
Speaker 3: Into the locker room to go ask him, and so he was there.
Speaker 4: And then when I talked to Shotenheimer about him, Shotenheimer had good things to say, so he'll see.
Speaker 7: It looks like he has the right mindset at least we talked about this yesterday. You know, if you want to get on that fifty three or you want to get on that active roster, you want to have some shoulder pads in your locker, you're gonna have to do some special teams. And it seems like he's he's ready to go as far as that's concerned. He doesn't have that rapport, you know with Dak Prescott. You know that to me because when you get to that point in a quarterback where I would assume at least Shot He's coming to him like, hey, you know we got these you know, receivers at the bottom.
Speaker 3: You know, do you prefer somebody here there?
Speaker 7: You know, who do you have rapport with if they need to get thrust into the lineup. And that's the only thing where it's like, you know, if you don't got that connection with Dak Prescott, you know, he's not one of those guys that can go to bat for you if it gets down to there. Now that's now, that's way on the line. You know, you got to coaches, special teams and all that before that. But if it does get to that point, you know, Dak can't go to the bat for you because he doesn't have rapport with you. Got rapport with Lenois, he got rapport with Toldbery, and we all know about the other cats out there. So at least Mingo has the right mindset as far as getting onto the field, which we know has got to be special teams and it's got to be showing you're worth via scout team against the number one defense.
Speaker 3: But you already said it, like when I watched it.
Speaker 6: Appreciate y'all missed the show because the boys, But hey, you're right, you're right, he get a sponsored to pay some bills. But anyways, like you said, you skipped a lot of steps, Like yeah, you do. It does help if Dak has a report with you so he can go stand on the table. But the things that got to happen before then, one you gotta have injuries. What you're not having right now. You have everybody that's firing on all cylinders. You have the number one offense going right now. And what it's like the good country saying what they used to always say, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it. But the thing that does look good though, is you have the head coach speaking about you like you said, he is playing the game within the game and playing chesses not checkers and saying, hey, my number is called, I am ready to do special teams. I'm doing scout team and showing that trying to build a report during practice. But with the coach speaking this highly of you, them haven't seen anything from you. You having a connection with you that lets you know that your job is kind of safe right now, and where it's like, hey, are we in a rush, like there's a window to put there even if he is ready, are they gonna sit there and say, hey, we're just going to throw you out to the wolves, or we're gonna save this right now and keep you for next year.
Speaker 4: So going back in, he did say he was ready to play last week, but they decided not to.
Speaker 8: So my whole thing with that is this and him being here since last year, not having a chance to play with DAK. I understand where you're coming from, you know, like, if it ain't broke, don't fix and if you don't need to rush it, don't rush it. But sometimes he got to prove his worth and his value here, you know, And so like I would, you don't want it to be in a situation where he has to be thrust into it. You actually want to be able to like maneuver him into it and in a more of a graceful manner than looking or waiting for an injury to pop up. And that that happened, so you know, like and that's just a trip that he's been here all this time and he hasn't had a chance to get on the field with that yet. So I'm sure that you know, I know he's biting at the bit at it, but I'm sure the organization and all the coaches want to see, you know, like what he can actually do if he gets an opportunity to get out there too.
Speaker 7: If I'm the organization if I'm you know, like like like Trade just said, it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like if I'm an organization, I'm like, man, we're going right now. Oh yeah without that turping you know on the slot you got for noy out there.
Speaker 3: You know what he tobera.
Speaker 8: Y'all know, like like y'all didn't play with dudes who never dressed on Sunday and their jobs are secure for some kind of reason, right, Okay, now that being said, like okay, yeah, he's sitting back and like you said, it sounds like, you know, with Shotty talking so highly of him that.
Speaker 3: He's secure, but you can't be comfortable.
Speaker 8: If you so for him exactly like what you said, like go out there on the on the scout team, go against those ones on defense and tear them up, you know, to show that you are actually in that realm of like yeah, yeah, I want to be back out there right now, and I'm going to show y'all and give y'all some type of reason and practice to eventually like give me an opportunity to go out there using other people.
Speaker 3: That's how we played with him for a little bit.
Speaker 7: Cole Beasley, So that was my teammate for the first couple when he came in, you know, scout team guy.
Speaker 3: Nobody he did. He return kicks here and there. But that's how he was able to get that slot.
Speaker 5: Roll was.
Speaker 7: He was on that scout team and we would go again, some who's this little kid out there? He was unguardable and we was like, man like, hold on if he if he's doing that to us, imagine what he get through to the rest of the league.
Speaker 3: And the rest is history. But that's the way he was able to get on.
Speaker 7: There was out there just on the scout team, doing us dirty at camp and and all that.
Speaker 5: Do you think Mingo has the talent? No to be Okay, there you go. I was just about to say Cole was a different team.
Speaker 4: Let me also throw this out here for Jonathan Mingo because it seems like eons ago. But he was having a good training camp before he got hurt. So is there something there?
Speaker 3: Practice?
Speaker 6: I think practice, it's enough, it's enough, it's enough, y'all better y'all been about seven weeks ago.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's had the most breakups in training care.
Speaker 6: If we're talking about normal players, yes, that would be the case. But we also got to realize the organization that we're dealing with. This is the Cowboys, Jerry's pick. So like, this is one of those organizations that if you show something, there's a lot of people that have been on this roster historically that you thought shouldn't have been here. And so he showed enough for them to say, hey, we still need you, you want you. There was question coming in about it, and then on top of that, after the questions came in, these other receivers are doing what they're doing. You still have done enough during your rehab process, going in there showing them that you're working out for them to speak about you.
Speaker 3: People don't speak about.
Speaker 6: Injured players in the media, if that makes sense, unless they're excited.
Speaker 4: Now, Dak talked a little bit about why why he's had this impressive stretch.
Speaker 3: He says, personally, a lot of all.
Speaker 4: Season work to the team, to getting together and in the spring and the training camp, and he goes on the name of the you know all the guys here, you know cd R, Tolbert Flow, you know what they've been doing here. Piggyback in a little bit of what you said Trey about let's go back and look at Jonathan Mingo. They gave up a fourth pick, a fourth round pick for him. He's under contract next year. Jalen Tobert does not, so at some point in time as they go through this season, it will be interesting just what do they do now.
Speaker 3: We've talked mentioned before.
Speaker 4: There's been several guys on a different podcasts who said, hey man, look move Jalen tober go find a linebacker someplace. Move Jayalen tober by the way speaking linebacker tomorrow and overshown twenty one day windows open, So there's another potential player that you could be getting back here to help.
Speaker 3: But the whole thing with Bingo is just he's.
Speaker 4: Not just his throwaway guy. He's gonna be here because they made a trade. They're not about to sit up here just say hey man, you boo boo and we we've made a mistake. They're gould do that. It's tred talked about. It's kind of how they work here. Sometimes Hey you know what I mean. You you are a guy. But ultimately, going into twenty six, he's gonna be here. George Pickens may not be here, Tobert may not be here, but Jonavan Mingo is under contract.
Speaker 5: Number one off.
Speaker 4: So when you start thinking about next year's receiving room, it will be ceedee lamb turping, mingo flo, Are we.
Speaker 7: Sure he gonna like Mingo going like it's guaranteed that that he's gonna be here next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got your insurance.
Speaker 7: You know what, I don't see if you don't that contract where it's like, hey, we can't.
Speaker 3: So that's cudible with my pigion, that's not cudable.
Speaker 6: I mean, you gotta have that insurance policy because you still got pictures that you gotta play. You got those are two big, like relatively big contracts you just pay everybody this off season, So going in there, you gotta keep something like you don't just let it go for nothing. And like you said, you gave up insurance cap in the organization and like this with these with the big guy up there, Randy Gregory kept him for a long time. Like the list goes on and on and have you can name people that where it was like, bro, you stayed here because there was a question that was uncertainy going in next year.
Speaker 3: But all those people actually did something on the.
Speaker 5: Randy didn't well, Randy, Randy.
Speaker 7: Greg Brady had his issues, but he was on the feel and he he performed like later bro early on, he performed and you can tell what that boy ceiling was looking.
Speaker 3: He had his issues, but he is a totally different thing. Yeah, Lingo, with all.
Speaker 7: Due respect, I mean, if that's your insurance policy, if you're coming back saying that we we gotta have.
Speaker 4: Ask you in trouble, I'm not like, so it's not insurance. Yeah, yeah, insurance is a bad word. I mean, just going back into just hot roster construction. You know, these guys have a whiteboard twenty six who's under who's under contract? He's under contract.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 4: And then when you look at two players who are not Jae and Tolbert George Pickens.
Speaker 3: So then you say, okay, who's under contract? You got CD LAMB turping. Okay.
Speaker 4: And so if Pickings is not back, Mingo is a bigger toy. He's a different So so you've got that. That's they're not going to just kick that to the curve. I don't give him a shot.
Speaker 5: And he and he's cheaper, like I mean, under the cap, under the camera right now, it.
Speaker 8: Don't hurt right now, talking about it all makes sense, Okay, but come off season, come come, come draft, come come.
Speaker 3: Free agency and everything else like that.
Speaker 8: If you have an opportunity to go out there and get something that that that fourth round pick is, it could be made up and that money is not that it ain't.
Speaker 6: It can in a normal organization, but in this organization where the family runs this, they're gonna make their picks work.
Speaker 5: And obvious.
Speaker 8: He actually wasn't a pick of the Cowboys. He was traded and they got it. They we saw. So I think it might be a little bit different when it comes to you know, like.
Speaker 4: But go back into this, go back into Tulp get you there was coming into this year, even though Tolbert let the team and touches, especially after year one when he didn't do anything at all. In year two he improved, but they were still those questions about him, and they stayed with him. They stayed with and so that's what I'm just saying with Jonathan Mingo, just the way of receiving room and contrasts work. Right now, this is somebody that you should write down for twenty six.
Speaker 3: Could things change? Yes? I mean jacque Tel always said sports is fluid. It is very fluid.
Speaker 4: You could decide many were about to pay Pickens. We're gonna do this and maybe we'll move Mingo. I mean, you could whatever, but with Tolbert leave it, you're going to still need to fill your room. And and Mingo's a guy that you could count in the room along with Flinoyd right now of what they're doing in terms of their own roster development.
Speaker 3: Because you still got other guys. You gotta pay Pickens the kicker to get the kick out.
Speaker 4: Neither one of those two will be coming with discount prices, so so you're going to start.
Speaker 3: To look to see as you fill the roster.
Speaker 4: And then I think this this is one thing where Mingo can help himself out a lot. What type of report do you develop with Dak Prescott, What type of report confidence do you get from the head coach of play caller Brian Shotteim, and what kind of work do you do with special teams. So it's in his hands right now, but it was something to think about.
Speaker 5: He's got to make plays.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break there, come back, Dak Prescott, bowling, you got a whole other level. So we want to make sure you get in on this. So we held it. We held it for you. I appreciate it. We held appreciate That was Barry Church Trademore Anthony Door set up new she was.
Speaker 4: This is the players level fought you buy Aristocrat game me on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Dot com till.
Speaker 9: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com. See where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 5: Off the reels.
Speaker 2: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler. That's one eight hundred gambl er for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com, and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 2: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com, slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loude support the troops with the official Salute to Service collection.
Speaker 3: Shop jerseys, hoodies, teas, and more.
Speaker 4: Visit a pro shop near you or log onto shop dot dallascowboys dot com for an experience. Somebody's gonna be wearing the salute the service gear if we cand willing be Jonathan Mingo with the town.
Speaker 3: Don't get the talent in there. They're gonna be annoying. Let's go. Somebody have on.
Speaker 6: Your shoulder pass completely, Jake Toya Mosi Smith.
Speaker 4: You know there's a lot of candidates who could be wearing a salute. If you're gonna have to sit this week, you wear, I mean this is a good week to wear because that's those some good gear.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You want them shoulder pay.
Speaker 6: A little bit on that check that looks want them shoulder pass.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that opportunity, man. But you know everybody gets the hoodie and they lockers.
Speaker 7: So if you gotta excel, yeah boy, you know I'm over here waiting for it.
Speaker 5: Limedia like an Excel.
Speaker 3: To play Excel. That's you.
Speaker 5: We know.
Speaker 6: We know New era run big, talking, talking, talking about some sixty five.
Speaker 5: You know that you talking about some I'm not sixty five? Ready to go?
Speaker 3: He talk about the excel, bro, don't don't hate to play. I hate the game.
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 3: Did I come? Did I cut the exam? But I come here my exals today?
Speaker 6: No, no, no no, there's a difference between adult excel and you.
Speaker 3: That's y'all wor you know that y'all wear the youth y'all.
Speaker 5: Hey, but can I answer what question?
Speaker 6: Though? You talk about rosters, opportunity of having your shoulders, you're talking about overshot coming back. You talk about Mingo coming back. That's two spots. Oh this roster?
Speaker 5: Who would you?
Speaker 3: So great question?
Speaker 5: Who would be? Though?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you already know we know if y'all, If y'all don't understand that the players lambs when they say put down. We always are decited to get one of our brothers back. But with getting one of our brothers back that's been going for a long time, we know that it's somebody there that we've established, we've grown relationships with, and they're actually kind of good. And then you're you be like, dang man, he shouldn't have got put down for this guy. It shouldn't have been that guy.
Speaker 4: So Brevian span Ford has played. Well, yes, that's another name there, and he's a team or too. When Brian Schotttheimer talked about too in terms of tackles and things like that. So it's going to be when Brian says, you got to compete every week and practices count here at least we now know unlike another coach was.
Speaker 3: Here at one time.
Speaker 5: Wow, put a name on it.
Speaker 4: We actually gonna mean what we say. You actually had to go play for shot. They just not giving it to you.
Speaker 3: Can't do that just saying you saying what I mean. Really, see, let's talk about Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: Sixteen touchdown passes right now, that is second in and that National Football League behind Matthew Stafford. Dak is definitely putting his name into the MVP conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm not ready to say that he's the leader.
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting here saying, hey, man, it's something to talk about, and he's doing his part. Because we have many fans who are apt to criticize Dak Prescott. Give the man his flowers. Playing some outstanding football right now, and with a horrible defense, he has to be perfect and while the defense did its job this week, you saw what happened if they did their job what Dak Prescott was able to do with a little bit of help from them, just a little bit. So he's playing next level. And asked about the connection between Pickens and Lamb, is this the best duo you played with? And he said, quotes up to y'all decide. Dez was just in here, so don't say that too loud. I was, and it's smart. Those dudes are unbelievable. They are and it's a credit to them. So he loves what he has there. I don't think it's a stretch to say it all just looking at the talent between Pickens and Lamb as he's been here, this is a better combination, which includes when Amari Cooper was here along with Ceede Lamb and they had the kid from Colorado State who ended up trying Michael Gallup.
Speaker 3: Those that good trio, but.
Speaker 4: No one can compare to you know, they don't compare to what Pickens can do. The defensive pe the defensive p I calls that that man draws is that it's that in itself is a heck of a skill.
Speaker 8: I mean, Cooper was one of the Mark Cooper was one of the best receivers for a while. I'm gonna say in the top five for a while while he was playing, you know what I mean. But it so I don't want to say he was inconsistent, but it was just you didn't see it all the time.
Speaker 3: He didn't show up all the time.
Speaker 8: You know, George with this opportunity he's got and now with CD even coming back. But George, like I keep saying, I saw that in Pittsburgh even when he didn't have that quarterback like that. So you know, it just goes to say and they I even saw it on somewhere else where. They were talking about this may be one of the top duos in in the league right now as far as receiving goes.
Speaker 3: So I think we're.
Speaker 5: Doing a disservice for Mark Cooper.
Speaker 6: Like, yes, he was the top five when he first came out, and I think when he got here to the Cowboys, you've.
Speaker 5: Seen a tail end of a Mark Cooper.
Speaker 6: It wasn't It wasn't the a Mark Cooper that we were accustomed to seeing, that top five of Mark Cooper.
Speaker 3: So with this whole.
Speaker 6: George and CD and it's not taking anything away from them, but like he's right here in his prime, Like George is fresh in this thing. He hasn't even really we didn't see nothing from him as with the stealers. And now that you have a serviceable quarterback, like I said, in my opinion, I said it. I said it before the season even start, when we was on the shot, I said, they this, if George come in here and does what he's supposed to, this might be a better combo than the receivers that they have over there at the Bengals. Like you're going to really be sitting here saying this man can really take over, and he's done that.
Speaker 3: And more so with that being.
Speaker 6: Said, honestly, and I don't want to change the subject, but I think.
Speaker 5: The DEAs and Cole Beasley.
Speaker 6: Combo was a little bit better in my opinion, my opinion than Amari Cooper is CD.
Speaker 5: That's just me.
Speaker 3: And Maari Cooper. He was straight made several Pro Bowls when he was here.
Speaker 4: This was a team was three and five when they made the trade from the Raiders, and he saved Jason Garris's job and made them a playoff team.
Speaker 3: So he was he was a good player.
Speaker 4: When I say that CD Land was still young as a rookie developed, right now CD is developed, he is, he's been an all pro.
Speaker 3: What we're seeing from Pickens in my opinion right.
Speaker 4: Now, Trump's where Pickens is at right now, Trump's where we saw CD with Mauri.
Speaker 3: I'll agree with that. That's why I.
Speaker 4: Look at those two like when I look at the two players in that fashion, and then there's not necessarily a third guy here, but there's that tight end that you've got With Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 6: I was just about to say when I'm not saying, like you don't think Ferguie is like that guy now?
Speaker 5: Like is this just the one and done or is this like.
Speaker 7: A like a couple of years ago he had ten tubs in the in the Redson.
Speaker 3: So Ferguson's a dude.
Speaker 7: These two guys on the outside or top three tight end in the in the league.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say all that currently even with what he's doing, I don't know I got or is that just that good?
Speaker 6: Because if that's the case, then that makes the MVP conversation even more for that because you're making a guy this number, he's topping the league right now, what he's doing like you're you're bringing, you're reviving, George's picking and pulling out that maximum start.
Speaker 3: It's just the quarterback, Like that's your quarterback. Ferguson't have a touchdown last year.
Speaker 6: Not one Javonte like you read, and I would even say the defense felt obligated enough to where it's like we gotta do something for them. If you just have a serviceable defense. We've seen what Dak do. So as far as that MVP conversation, I think that's where you got to give him more credit because you've got these guys looking like preential Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt.
Speaker 7: I mean, I understand you got pickings, you got CD LAMB, you got all these dude, Ain't none of that going down without Dak Pricecott. Yeah, I mean it's it just comes down to that, like this dude is playing unbelievable football right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if the record was better, he would he would be on top of the world.
Speaker 6: If you had better defense, I agree, if he had just at least even if he had a top twenty defense, I think it wouldn't even be a question about this MVP conversation for them to be.
Speaker 5: You number Packers.
Speaker 4: You know, we're talking something yeah here because the way the Packers are playing Ceede Lamb catches those footballs and you beat Philadelphia, then we're having a different conversation because you can say, hey, you beat the world champion, or you beat a team like in Green Bay who who a lot of people think has the potential to win win the NFC. So that's that's the issue right now, and it's always been something that's been used.
Speaker 3: Again, Dak Prescott, who are you beating? That's been out there.
Speaker 4: So right now you've beaten two New York teams that are in dead last place, and you've beaten Washington Club right now that's been injured. So that's where the people say, will show me who you can beat? And so that's been not just him the last few years.
Speaker 3: It's been an issue with the team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And he's got an opportunity to really turn that around. I mean we talked about it last week and throughout the weeks. When you look at the remaining schedule, they got the hardest schedule remaining in the National Football League. Dude, He's got some big time matchups coming up. So I got a chance to overturn that.
Speaker 8: I gotta give Shoddy some accountability on this too as well. Okay, I mean Dak is playing his brains out, but the way the games are being called and to balance this out there too as well, is also just playing into the fact that, like it's helping Dak look that much better. He doesn't have to throw the ball forty sixty times a game try to win, you know, and that balance is also helping him out, like as just as a player, he doesn't have to do so much, he doesn't have to worry about so much. So I think Shoty did get some of the credit for what Dak is doing.
Speaker 4: Which is what he said you want to do, said he wanted to be a running a running team. We saw darn Near's symmetry last week in the game against Washington. But I go back to when Tony Romo, in my opinion, had his best year with the Cowboys, is when DeMarco Murray was the NFL offensive player.
Speaker 3: Because it was a balance.
Speaker 4: Once these dudes and you got dbis, once these dudes started throwing forty to fifty balls a game.
Speaker 3: Man, it Oh, you can't wait, he gonna throw me one. He gonna throw me one, I give it an opportunity.
Speaker 7: But when you got that run balance, I mean you're starting to read different keys.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It's just it's hard to pick up on when when they got your defense kind of off balance a little bit, when they can run it as strong as they can, as strong as they can, and then pass the ball as well.
Speaker 4: So you remember we talked last week about CD coming back and what choice Joe Whitt was gonna have to make in terms of, man, you know, what do you do it? Because the Panthers didn't have have ceed lamp, so they brought the safety down. They they couldn't do it, and then and then we saw Javonte being able to take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: So a lot of it's working.
Speaker 4: But I think your door say, you're hitting on something that a lot of other people have also been talking about.
Speaker 3: Tours. Brian Schottenheimer is doing a really good job.
Speaker 4: And I'll you know, I don't want to beat up on Mike McCarthy, but I'll just I'll wonder this, would the man still have a job if he let Brian Schttenheimer call the plays and do this last year possibility question that's possible running I didn't like running the football, still on running football. But if you do some of this, if they're doing some of this last year, they probably have a few more wins because there were many times they were just chucking it too much.
Speaker 3: Plus I mean that was hurt. That was hurt.
Speaker 4: But still just something a little bit different here. That's something a little bit different. We would come back here, Uh, where we go? Jerry Jones had something to say on his radio show today. Somebody Gerald Wayne Jones. Next right here on Dallascowboys dot com. This is the player slatch.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 11: Over Life is a workout that smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of pro Team, zero grams of Adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients The Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla.
Speaker 3: Only that smoothie.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's game day and raising cans.
Speaker 7: If you want to order like a child.
Speaker 5: It's action off the field.
Speaker 3: You need to focus on.
Speaker 12: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order, chicken fingers and cane Sauce and jugs are freshly made. Tea and lemonade, all available to order online are on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here forming Cowboys safety Davis. You know what separates Champtons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment the blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's never been easy.
Speaker 13: The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bowl when it mattered most. Now it's your team. Invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to to get started.
Speaker 5: And learn more.
Speaker 13: That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loune Cowboy Nation had the Miller Lighthouse at and T Stadium for a free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Watch the Dallas Cowboys face off against the Broncos in Denver on Sunday, October twenty sixth. Doors is going to open a two pm kickoff three twenty five. Enjoy a performance by the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. You've got Slurby samples five dollars mill of lights and or claim your free ticket at Dallascwboys dot Com Slash Watch Party. Jerry Jones on one oh five, the Official Home of the Dallas Cowboys, on the trade deadline quote, if there was a trade.
Speaker 3: It will be because it fits us, and.
Speaker 4: To fit there's got to be a reason why the player would lead that we're interested in going forward with, and it would have to fit us in terms of our plans on our roster, the financial and everything that goes with that. Just because we played well, all of a sudden, everybody thinks bored.
Speaker 3: You're in the hunt.
Speaker 4: So now it's time to go out and gather up all of this talent that's waiting around here on the trees and to add to it now that we feel good and that we can be more competitive.
Speaker 3: It's not he says, that's not realistic.
Speaker 4: What's realistic is that if we see an opportunity and we are in as good as shape as we've been in years with draft picks, with financial and our salary cap, we're in as good as shape as we've ever been. If we see a way to improve our team with a player that makes sense today, this year, next year to entertain it, we can look at it.
Speaker 7: I'm still not on the train of making a trade, man, I'm not on thatatural because I still don't think this defense is one piece of way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: I know we can't talk about guys on of the squads and everything, but unless you're getting a big time player that can go out there and wreck havoc similar to a you know, Micah Parson is one of those top three pass rushers in the league.
Speaker 3: Okay, But other than that, I just I don't.
Speaker 7: I just think it would be a waste to throw one of these first rounders away when you're more than just one piece of way.
Speaker 3: That's just just just me.
Speaker 6: No, I agree with you too, and I think Jerry agrees with you that whole statement, to be honest with just not being messy. But I look, you feel like he was taking a shot at.
Speaker 5: The Eagles because that's what they do. That's been their model.
Speaker 6: Like they've been getting talent as much as they can and thinking, oh, it's one player away, one plug away, and it hasn't. It hasn't been their model. And for you to go in there and do that, you're not one player away. And with everything going the way that it is right now, I'd be a little nervous of bringing somebody in that you don't know about that. Like you, there's a lot of things that come with taking the trade, and when you trade for these people, you're not only trading for the talent, you're trading for the person now and what's going on and the personality. We know this is already a big personality locker room you got a lot of things going on, you're still trying to fix it, and so with the wrong personality, you could potentially mess up everything that you just did. So I'm like him, I'm not gonna just because everything looking good right now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, let's go get this one player and do that, because that's when.
Speaker 3: You make them. And what he said, what would make that player want to leave?
Speaker 8: So we already know that he's talking about a player that's probably a face of an organization somewhere else, And what would make that player actually want to leave? Now I could see and just hear me out. You got an opportunity and and and this is.
Speaker 3: What Jerry is talking about. So you get a opportunity to go out there and get a certain.
Speaker 8: Bad say, you get an opportunity to go get former defensive player.
Speaker 3: Of the year, all right, something like that.
Speaker 8: Okay, And then with that, even though that's so far from being one player away, that one player can take away one side of the field, and we know what that can do with the secondary that's hurting now barring that, that ain't the situation. Why, like we're talking about, why, why go out there and do it if you don't have to do it right now, say those draft picks do something good, because like eventually you have you have picks to go out there and change the face of the franchise going forward, you do.
Speaker 6: And you can do that with picking in the draft. And like you said, he basically just said, Hey, I like what we do here the way that we've been picking up. I'm gonna hit on one of these big picks. But I think we're failing to realize, like you said, the personality thing, like when you bring in those guys, you got to account for the personality that's there, and you got to account for the personality that's.
Speaker 5: Here from coaches to players alone.
Speaker 6: And like you said, he basically just told you if it don't, if it ain't something that just we really need, like that's gonna mesh.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not going to force it to mesh.
Speaker 3: How about I don't believe a whole lot of what doming to it. I don't believe it. So you think this like you're expecting the trade.
Speaker 5: Here longer than us.
Speaker 4: If somebody comes to him with something that he can take to his son and Shoddy, they say, hey, what about this, like Amari Cooper, then they made the move but how many times does that really happen where there's a player in the knee and it actually fits.
Speaker 3: It's rare. It's rare.
Speaker 4: So Jerry being Jerry, if it's something that fits me, Charles Haley like he did one time, Hey, I'll look into it, but I don't see it personally. I don't see it coming. And for what they could need, I don't see any team right now saying hey, man, go give us this. That's just me because by the way, let's say you do want to get a one for the Cowboys, which I would not be giving up.
Speaker 3: You're not getting theirs.
Speaker 4: You're going to get the Green Bay pick, which means you're going to get something looks likely at the end of the first round. And with some of these names, I hear people will throw out there when you considered some of the money that's there, I'm darn Su're not giving up a one. You may get a two, but I'm not giving you a dog on one. One's come with five years of control and costs. So those things are going to be worth more than what some of these folks around here thinking, because there is no quick fix here, all right. I just checked and look at the standings here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, see B, you got them standards. I went seventy three last week.
Speaker 5: Apparently seventy three.
Speaker 3: No, where'd you go last night? He went won and you went one and one last night?
Speaker 4: I took Detroit thirty one, twenty nine at Seattle seventy ten. Yeah, so he and Trey and I we wote were perfect. Last night you went over.
Speaker 3: I was over. So you dropped the green drop. So you went to six and four this week?
Speaker 6: Oh oh you ain't. No, no, no, no, I mean I know. I told you what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: You slow creeping it up? See B, you got them overall standards for us back there. Yeah, Church, you're in the lead. Thirty one and twenty three, thirty one, that's that's the day. Take me to bake.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine and twenty five would be NEWI I'm up too on New twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Twenty six would be you forgot man Anthony sing around? I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh you you, And then twenty three and thirty one would be your boy Demonta.
Speaker 3: Hey, what was new? Twenty nine, twenty nine and twenty five.
Speaker 7: Y'all boys got yeah about.
Speaker 3: I was from catching I went from sixteen to jumping up now.
Speaker 5: So, like I said, just a little slow.
Speaker 3: Who were going?
Speaker 5: What you want on your head?
Speaker 3: What would you?
Speaker 5: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: I was twenty three and twenty thirty one. From twenty three and thirty one, You're not on my head.
Speaker 5: I'm like six games.
Speaker 6: Sorry, you know you know I'm good on Thursdays now Thursday Monday.
Speaker 8: So then I'm on everybody head then, because he only thirty one twenty nine, I'm.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm out the gate, try line, I'm over there. Come on, y'all, y'all got this.
Speaker 7: We got this fall apart, fall apart.
Speaker 5: Don't let me catch one person.
Speaker 4: Last place New So from here on out, you picking first all the game since you in last.
Speaker 5: We let's do that. Because that's why I be messing up.
Speaker 6: I'll be listening to y'all sometimes and trying to opposite.
Speaker 3: Listen to your boy, because when you.
Speaker 4: Get into the deep last night, this man was right there about to go with the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: I can't believe. I can't believe you went for that.
Speaker 8: I was like, no, that's like when I wanted to trade and and and and what's his name?
Speaker 3: Give is one of my favorite running backs in the league. Yesterday told you shout out to the fantasy on that one. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: By the way, Clinton claims he'll tweeted out that Tank Lawrence is having some fun and he's finally playing with some dogs.
Speaker 6: Bro, what you the pot is this? I'm starting to think this is an old maga thing.
Speaker 3: That said that.
Speaker 6: Right, it's his old mega frat brother and they always started to stand.
Speaker 3: He staring the pot.
Speaker 6: Why did you even have to do that. Let him get his money, get paid and go over there.
Speaker 5: And have fun.
Speaker 3: Say he finally playing with some dog.
Speaker 6: So my dog, Todd Crawford, one of his best friends with the dog man, I might not play with you that loan, but hey, I was here. I'm a dog, so I take offense with whatever you say. Bro, No, you ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna see cross like with some dogs.
Speaker 6: What you're talking about, Alfred Mores was a dog man. Get out of here, bro, dogs on your team. Bro, don't disrespect your people like that.
Speaker 8: Said buckle up man Rico talked about Rico talked about the organization without talking about the organization.
Speaker 3: Up he was, he was, and they didn't. He was saying.
Speaker 5: You're saying the law was the only dog on that team.
Speaker 3: He said wasn't He wasn't the dog either, So.
Speaker 5: I mean that go for everybody there.
Speaker 6: I feel like, Bro, it's just it's like my mom said back in the day, if you ain't got nothing good to say that, don't said why are you still talking about your ex?
Speaker 5: And you over here in a whole nother situation. You didnet got you some money? You over there?
Speaker 6: They yeah, play all you're fighting for something over there with Sammy d like you, why are you? It gives by his remorse, it gives a little bit better, like stop taking the cheese, brother.
Speaker 3: But it's just, man, he only got one. You only got one place to compare it.
Speaker 6: So y'all, So y'all saying he didn't have no dogs on this team, y'all think his statement was correct my last year.
Speaker 3: So actually, let me get it. I want to.
Speaker 4: D law is loving playing on this Seattle defense. He got a bunch of dogs playing alongside of him for the first time.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: But see whenever didn't say that though, don't got something, Clarence something said to the Omega, You're.
Speaker 6: Right, heroes, I'm not going none of that. But I'm gonna say I'm gonna say it in this sense. Did y'all see the interview with the the dB from Texas. They asked them. They said, hey, man, you're doing good. Shark Kendricks said, hey, the special teams in the decens who.
Speaker 3: Hear about you? Man? It is?
Speaker 5: It is? And so what and so the task was that? Man said, hey, it takes all three phases. Bro.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 5: Let nobody get slammed it, like, why are you doing that? Like I'm not stay on task.
Speaker 3: Over here.
Speaker 5: Let it's Texas, It's.
Speaker 6: Texas, it's football players, okay, whatever.
Speaker 3: So he had.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. It's crazy. How y'all y'all want to.
Speaker 3: Lark making all these apologies? Were all doing some stuff I forgot. He had y'all y'all.
Speaker 6: Over there, make a miss manside trade.
Speaker 4: Thank we were done. Thank you, Trey. We appreciate you coming back. Glad you recovered. Anthony dor said.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Barry Church, thank you, Chris being my producer, Josh, this is been.
Speaker 3: Layouts Plays Lounge.
Speaker 5: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.