Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page. Yeah. Sorry, Yes, all the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better. I'm so glad you found them. Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen.
Speaker 2: The second Date up Date. Our word of the day for this segment is forgiveness. That word. Can you forgive a guy for making a mistake in the middle of a date?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: For sure, I'm sure you can. But should you forgive him?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Forgiveness is a dangerous slope towards other feelings, like understanding and compassion. None of those things so fun or sexy in the world, though in the dating party sexy. But one of our listeners has decided to exercise forgiveness today, even though she says he totally let her down. Kelsey, are you sure about doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So wait, he let you down and he's the one not calling you back? I know? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first of all, I apologize on behalf of this guy and for all men in general.
Speaker 1: But tell us apologizing for all men?
Speaker 2: We are sorry, what is the name of this particular man who wronged you? His name is Stephen Stephen who everybody that I know named Stephen is terrible anything about me and one of my best friends' names are our producer is named Stephen.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like you brought this on yourself. But what did Stephen do?
Speaker 4: So Stephen and I went on a date, and you know, it was a good day, Like we went to the plane that I suggested, which was nice. It was like a little upscale.
Speaker 1: Was it, Like you're out to do ners that you guys are doing are just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was dinner. It was dinner, okay, And there was just a couple of things that kind of irked me. I'm not gonna lie, Like, so we saw each other for the first time, and like he waited to me, I wait to him, but before he came over to me, he like turned away for a second and like hold the door open for this other lady, which fine, whatever, but I'm like, dude, we're literally just meeting.
Speaker 1: He was just.
Speaker 2: And you're saying that upset you because you were just in the middle of like introducing yourself.
Speaker 4: Yes, totally, Okay.
Speaker 1: The door on someone.
Speaker 2: Well, he should be focused on her.
Speaker 4: That's why I let us slide, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're more forgiving than any of us would be at that point.
Speaker 1: It's strange that it was even a flag at all for you. But yes, okay, maybe you let it go.
Speaker 2: Seems like it was more of a moment for her that she was like, excuse me, Yeah, are you on a date with me or on a date with this old lady trying to get into the door. Probably I could see where she's coming from. Okay, Kelsey, everyone else is against you, but I'm on your side.
Speaker 4: I think that's a total valid Should I even tell what the big problem problem? Okay? So then, like the game, I'm fine whatever. I was looking at his stupid haircut anyways, stupid haircut the photos.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like you're looking past it when then you call it a stupid haircut.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm on the phone with you guys talking about it, So yeah, I'm looking past it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very big. She wants to see him again, remember that.
Speaker 1: So he's got a dumb haircuts.
Speaker 2: And paying attention to other people. So did he make more mistakes?
Speaker 3: She did?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: God? What did he do next?
Speaker 4: At the end of the date, I was like, this was I can get me my uber home and he was like, no, you can get it.
Speaker 1: Wait what you want to have to order you an uber? Is that a Is that like a normal thing?
Speaker 5: And Dad, you never asked somebody to buy I've never asked.
Speaker 2: She just takes his phone and orders it through off.
Speaker 4: I have never I've never had a guy tell me no to getting me an uber.
Speaker 1: That's a thing I had no idea. I also don't think I've just not gone home with him. You know.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I think so you're mad at him? Is that you're big because you said there was one huge that was my big thing.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I could be murdered and you wouldn't know. And then on top of it, he didn't even text me to check him and see if I got back, and I haven't heard from him for all he knows I could be murdered.
Speaker 2: I think all of these complaints are very, very valid from you, But it is starting to seem like you don't like this guy at all.
Speaker 1: Why are we getting a hold of him? Is it just because he's not calling you?
Speaker 4: Like I said before, I got it of the fact that he didn't pay so much attention to me. He had a stupid haircut whatever, but I did like other things, like he was really funny, so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, I mean were you can I ask were you critical of any of these things? While on the day, I'm just.
Speaker 2: You know, because that's what Brooke would do on a first.
Speaker 5: Say that after you literally just railed on this dude.
Speaker 1: You're the one that I agree.
Speaker 2: Personally, I think he's a schmuck. He sounds like a terrible person, but she's the one who wants to call him Jim would never look past haircut, no, Like that's definite deal breaker.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not gonna lie, like I have a hard time hiding the look on my face. But I didn't verbally say anything to him, but like, I don't know how my face looked, Okay.
Speaker 5: I know that you guys always get haircuts and they think it's good the day of, it's good, like three days later a lesson too.
Speaker 2: We don't know when he got his haircut whatever.
Speaker 1: It was bit of a doubt.
Speaker 2: So I know, you can't control what was on your face, but you can control what was in your heart and we need to figure out what's inside Stephen's heart when we call him and then also mess with his face and his hair a little bit too.
Speaker 1: To get but we're not going to bring that up.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Oh, jeh, I want to know why he's not asking me out again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to find out. We're going to call this schmuck coming up your second date update right after this second date update. We've had a lot of strong, brave women on this segment before, because Brooks in every.
Speaker 1: One of them. Hey, that's actually Hey, I'm in the room too. I'm yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Kelsey may be the bravest of them all.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: She boldly has chosen to forgive Stephen for his list of mistakes on their first date, paying attention to the old lady when they were introducing most consultory.
Speaker 1: Was old that he holds the door for Jeff.
Speaker 2: Why would he hold it for an able doesn't make any sense. All the women Jeff were gentlemen. Anybody, they can open the door themselves if they were able body. She also chose to forgive his stupid dumb haircut. I'm very proud of her for that.
Speaker 1: And she asked him to put on a hat.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, she chose to forgive him for not paying for her Uber ride home after the dates after she asked. After she asked him to, he said no.
Speaker 1: Such an awkward moment.
Speaker 2: But despite all of those mistakes that Stephen made, she has chosen to look past them and give him one more chance with this call today. Wow, you are so strong, so brave for what you did.
Speaker 1: I know you know, I'm excited. Toe. Can I ask one question? After he said no? On that Uber? Did you just stand there awkwardly on at the corner while he laughed? Or did you both wait awkwardly for an Uber ride?
Speaker 4: No? I walk away?
Speaker 1: Okay that's how the day ended.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hopefully after this call, you never have to pay for your own Uber ever.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: That's our goal for you today. So here we go. I'm gonna dial Steven. Let's see if he even answers. Probably won't you, Steve. I don't trust the guy, don't like him. So here we go. Hello, Hey is this Stephen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, Steven, Jeffrey heard a lot about you, Stephen.
Speaker 1: We've heard a lot of good things about you, Steven.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that man.
Speaker 1: Listen to his language.
Speaker 2: To Jeffrey, listen the slandering us. We're a radio show, a very popular one called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like a prank call.
Speaker 2: We do do those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd probably be happier if it was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is called a second date update, and we are trying to help one of our listeners figure out what happened on the date that you went.
Speaker 3: Out with her. Well, who are you talking about?
Speaker 2: It's a girl named Kelsey?
Speaker 3: Oh of course, my god?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 3: I was probably the nuttiest girl met here.
Speaker 1: Really, sometimes that can be good? Is that a positive?
Speaker 2: She's really eccentric.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd want to be called.
Speaker 2: I mean, we know a little bit about what happened on the date. We're just trying to figure out, like, how did you experience that night?
Speaker 6: Well, look, so it started okay, we were having a good time, and then towards the end of the day is where it.
Speaker 3: Got a little weird.
Speaker 1: Is this like after dinner?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so after dinner I offer her a ride home. Oh and so we're going there, but halfway through she says, can you stop at the store for me.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, wait wait wait you offered to drive her home?
Speaker 1: She no, she got an uber.
Speaker 2: She told us that she wanted an uber home.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, just wait, just wait, we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Wait. So she takes the ride, and you guys are in the car together, in the car together.
Speaker 3: Halfway to her place, she says, stop at the store for me, Okay, go in there, and she's getting.
Speaker 6: All this like skincare, hair product, beauty stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: And after all this, we get to the counter and her car declines.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not cheap. Yeah how much?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Eighty four and thirty six cents that I say.
Speaker 1: Not that you remember or anything.
Speaker 2: Did you say? So you paid it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I paid it because the car declined.
Speaker 6: She was throwing back, dinner was two hundred bucks already, and I'm paying.
Speaker 3: For this this stupid skincare stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it was a mistake, like an honest mistake, And like, that's so humiliating when you get your car declined.
Speaker 2: I think anybody would have picked it up.
Speaker 1: Like, are you mad about it? Though?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: What I'm annoyed with is a mixed part too, because all of it together it just makes it feel like, I'm just getting taken advantage of it. Oh, so I tell her, all right, let's get back of a car.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take you home, and she's like, no, I don't feel comfortable with that. I want to get an uber. What a chance to pay for the freaking uber. I'm like, what are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: After you had just paid for her dinner and for her skincare products.
Speaker 1: Well, she ver she's in the car. Yeah, why did she suddenly feel uncomfortable?
Speaker 6: I don't know, Like, I was just out three hundred bucks and now she wants me to uber her home.
Speaker 3: So it was just really weird to me, Like, I really don't get that.
Speaker 2: So you're like, no, because they could.
Speaker 1: Drive you home. That is so weird that she did not tell us that she was outside a store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we missed that part of the story, and we should probably ask her about it because she's on the other line listening to this conversation right now. Stephen.
Speaker 3: Oh whatever it?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, what he wouldn't pay for it?
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, Telsey, you didn't tell us any of the stuff about going to the store and him buying you your beauty products. Well, that part of the story does matter, because we're just trying to like understand what happened that night. You didn't tell us any of that part of the story. Yeah, hello up? Oh god, what did we do?
Speaker 1: We outed her?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, we didn't out her? Stephen did. He's the jerk. I told you you can't trust this guy.
Speaker 1: The guy got taken on a date.
Speaker 2: Answering our questions, Steven, do you feel bad for making her look like such a terrible person in your recap?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I feel so terrible for her.
Speaker 2: Wow, why would you speak? I can't believe you didn't offer to pay for her uber home after she already got halfway there, and you pay for all of her stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't even get, like why she called you in a first place. Did she want to go out with me again or something?
Speaker 1: That's what she told us. She kept saying like you had red flags, but she was willing to look past us.
Speaker 2: That's right. She's a kind soul who's willing to forgive you for all the mess ups.
Speaker 3: What are the messages that she even mentioned.
Speaker 1: You did some horrible things?
Speaker 2: List is long? My friend? Do you really want to dive into this?
Speaker 1: Okay? I don't know if you realize this, but you opened a door for another woman.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: In the middle of greeting Kelsey? So she felt belittled.
Speaker 1: You do know that Jeffrey's being sarcastic right now, right Stephen, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know you guys, so I have no idea, but I really do.
Speaker 2: That was rude. We've been talking for the last like five minutes, and now you're going to pretend like you don't even know us. You see what I'm saying. Kelsey had a point.
Speaker 1: How far into the date did you realize that you're gonna not be calling her back again?
Speaker 6: Well, once we get to the store and she gets all the skincare products, I thought it was weird a car gets declined. I mean, I just thought she was taking advantage of me, to be honest, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's game care products to look beautiful for you. I'm not that That's what you don't get, Steven. That purchase was not for her. It was for you.
Speaker 1: You know you don't when she's not on the phone anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody needs to stand up for brave Kelsey, who bravely hung up in the middle of the segment.
Speaker 3: You're gonna die on that hill.
Speaker 1: Huh, he will die on that hill. It's gonna be a very lonely hill that he's on.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've never done this before, Steven, and honestly I'm not a big fan of you, but I'm still going to offer to give you a gift certificate to pay for a new haircut.
Speaker 3: Oh Jack, my hair, well me.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kelsey said that she liked it a lot, but Brooke and Studio when she saw your photo, was like, we gotta make a change.
Speaker 1: The Steve, that's not true. I've never seen your picture.
Speaker 6: I mean I could send you a few different pictures.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just got done sending Brooks contact in Stevens. So Brooke, there should be some photos arriving in your box and a couple.
Speaker 1: Of I don't want any photos.
Speaker 2: You can sort them like you normally do, and all your color coded hot guy folders, which is very bold of you to do on your work computer, but more power to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just of employees.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's allowed. That's fair.
Speaker 1: They're all not hot, is the problem.
Speaker 2: With what you're giving. So as far as Kelsey goes from that call, I gotta say I appreciate a woman who knows exactly what.
Speaker 1: She wants, and what she.
Speaker 2: Wanted was to rudely hang up on us in the middle of the call and doing that to guts. I respect her for that. Did she know what she wanted?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's hard to make up products. Yes, you got and the.
Speaker 2: Guy to pay for everything, which is fair.
Speaker 1: I guess I still feel bad that a card was declined, or she just has a fate.
Speaker 2: He knew he was going to be declined.
Speaker 5: How she's a scammer. You just shut your card off on the app. It takes two seconds, yeah, Or you just.
Speaker 2: Know you're in the negative already.
Speaker 1: Got to buy her face cream.
Speaker 2: She's scamming her way right into all of our hearts. And you can do if you email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out all of our second Date podcasts, all of our many many success stories online at Brooke and Jeffrey
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,