Speaker 1: Jesus, What's good?
Speaker 2: Command of Sammy Bride Cole with JUNI here and this is the Next Man Up Podcast, who we sit with your favorite Commanders players and don't talk so much extra noes.
Speaker 1: We talk about the man behind the help man.
Speaker 2: Our next man Up is no other than our running back, our rookie Chris Rodriguez. Chris talks about having peached State Pride, how where it is to make it, from where he's from, looking up to now teammate Antonio Gibson as a kid, and how losing his mother impacted his life. Very very great thoughtful conversation with this young man. And it all starts right now. What's good Commander Sammy? I and Bride Cole with Jun and this is the Next Man Up Podcast where we sit with your favorite Commanders players and don't talk so much extra notes. We talk about the player behind the mask. And this next man Up is no other than our sixth round fick Chris Rodriguez, all running back out of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Brother, how you doing, I'm doing good?
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm blessed. Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, like always tell the rookies man, I know like these first seasons are crazy for you guys, very regimented, so I appreciate you taking the time to kick it with it, Yes, sir man. So you know, we're gonna talk a little more about football later, but we like to start at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Talk about a little b where you're from. Man out in Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was originally born in Clayton County. Yeah, and then you know, when I was in fifth grade, I think I moved or I did move to McDonald, Georgia, where I went to Ola High School.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: When I got to seventh grade, that's when you can start playing like, you know, real organized school sports. That when I started playing. And uh, at first, I grew up playing center, so I wasn't really you know, running back or whatever. But my godfather, you know, I still I was younger, so I could still play like reg league football. So my godfather put me at fullback because he was like, you're not a blog you know, we're just gonna put you at full And then my my older brother he played center. So then when I got to seventh grade, when I started playing, uh, they were like, you know, we're gonna put you at fullback.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: So then I started playing fullback a little bit. Pretty much did that throughout middle school, got to high school. I didn't take I didn't know like the ins and out of footballs, Like, I didn't know you had to go to summer workouts to make varsity, right, right, So I didn't go to summer workouts my freshman year, and then I ended up qualifying for varsity, but they didn't put me on varsity. My head coach is like, nah, we're not doing that. So and then I was on JV pretty much that whole year, and then one game they bumped me up because when the running backs got hurt and the first play I got in, I took it like seventy yards to coach took me out. I was like, you're not playing anymore. I didn't play the rest of the season on varsity, played JV, and then uh, and then yeah, that's pretty much you know, McDonalds for me. I mean, you know, when I was growing up, it was me, Mo, sister, grandma, grandparents, It was a lot of us in the house. You know, we kind of grew up as a tight family. And then when we got older, like some people moved out, but pretty much it was it was all of us in the.
Speaker 2: House, did the coach explain why he took you out like that? He didn't want you to take anybody else's job, So.
Speaker 3: He told me after after the season, he was just pretty much like, yo, like you didn't come to summer workouts. You know, you're in the doghouse. So that next year, you know, he sat down, he had a talk with me. It was like, you know, you can you can do big things, but I'm not gonna take it easy on you.
Speaker 1: Just because you're a good player. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So since ever since that conversation, like I was showing up the summer workouts, we had like early morning workouts, h spring workouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 3: Lot, but I mean, you know, it got me to where I am now, and I'm grateful for him.
Speaker 2: When you're that age, those kind of moments, especially with like figures like a coach, right, it was very impactful. Now that you look back on that moment right there, you missed the workouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how happy.
Speaker 3: Are you that he did that and taught you that lesson so early? I mean I'm extremely happy. Yeah, I'm extremely less for not only him, but my running backs coach coach McCrary He's one of the coaches that I keep, you know, really dear to me because when I was you know, when you get to high school, you know, some people just they don't take school as serious as they need to. Uh, And I was one of those people who was like, man, I got I'm good at football, like I'm gonna make it. Don't need school. And he took me and he was like, yo, nah, it ain't gonna work like that. And his wife worked at the school. She was a cheerleadings coach actually, and uh, you know when I needed help with something, he was like, you know, I got a she can tutor you, she can help you. And uh. She pretty much helped me throughout high school. You know, if there was something that I, you know, didn't understand, she would you know, sit me down and they would explain it to me, and not like it was just it wasn't like really I would say school stuff. Even if it was like outside stuff you know, about about family, about home, you know, they would they would bring me in like I would go over there sometimes have dinner or whatever. But yeah, I'm extremely blessed for both of them and grateful that they helped me get to where I am today too.
Speaker 2: That's so cool to hear because it clearly sounds like you had people that really believed in you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: When did you believe like, oh man, I'm gonna I'm gonna make it to the next level. I'm at least gonna go play college football. When did you like realize that. I would say my sophomore year. Actually after my sophomore year, uh, going into my junior or high school, I was actually on the way to New York, uh, and.
Speaker 3: I got a coach.
Speaker 1: I got a call for my head coach, and.
Speaker 3: He was like, yo, Georgia State's gonna offer you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was like to the state, like yeah, So it's like, you know, I just I was extremely grateful for that opportunity that they would even you know, considered consider me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But you know when I kept working, and you know, it was I'll never forget the running back that we had when I was as freshman. He told me he was like, you never break my records.
Speaker 1: And I was like, dang, wow.
Speaker 3: So I took that to heart. Yeah, I'm saying so so that my sophomore year I ended up breaking his record. The year he left, I end up breaking it, and then the year after that, I ended up breaking my own record again.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So after that I was, you know, just you just think to yourself, like, I really can't do this if I apply myself to not only on the field but off the field in the classroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I say that was the moment probably like after my sophomore year, I was like thinking, I can do this.
Speaker 2: Did you get to see that running back again after you broke his record and let him know, like, hey, bro, I got you, got you twice?
Speaker 3: So I did. I did see him, pretty cool dude talking. You know, he was just I guess he was in a bad mood that day. I got mad respect for him. He did show me the ropes as a freshman, but yeah, I seen him. It was no hard feelings, but you know I did do it three.
Speaker 1: Let him know wrong with that.
Speaker 2: And it's funny every time I talk to y'all Georgia boys, man, I hear this Peach State pride phrase?
Speaker 1: Right, y'all got this Peach State pride? What does that mean to you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So when I got to Kentucky, I felt like, well, even when I was on my official visit to Kentucky, it was me and a bunch of Florida boys, or me and a bunch of Ohio boys. You know, I really didn't really know any any Georgia boys. I was on the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: And when I got there, I met Jamn and Yusuf and they're both Yusuf was from around my area. I knew him growing up, just like I knew Antonio. And Uh, they had this saying it was like Peach State Pride. I was like, what I'm talking about, like Peace State Prize. You know it's not a lot of Georgia boys is here, and you know we we got to keep the brotherhood together. Yeah prize what I guess Jamin and Yusuf came up with. And uh, every time I see jam And I always telling you know, peace State baby.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned Ag. Let's go back to that real quick. He's from your area. Yes, he's a guy that played in high school not too far from your high school. And we talked talked about a little earlier before the show started that you know you really he was it to you when you watched him play, you were like, yo, he's that guy. Talk about AG and how you viewed him before even becoming his teammate.
Speaker 3: Yep, So I believe I was in middle school still and it was a home game at our high school, and it was it was like two people on Eagles Land and which is where AG went. It was Antonio and then another cold running back receiver something I don't even I can't remember what he was. But when I was at the game, like you know, usually when when the kids go to high school games, they usually play football, like by the bleachers or something. But for some reason, I was really locked into that game and I saw AG playing, I was like, man, he's cold. You know this before he was a running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a receiver.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, this dude is cold. And uh, you know when he did end up going, I think he went to a Juco first. I kind of kept in contact. I looked him up on Twitter, kept in contact with him. I don't think he knew of me, but uh, watching him play, I'm like, man, I just I want to be like that because I was more of the bruiser, you know what I'm saying. But Ag, he had a little finesse to him. So when I was watching him, I was like I want to be like that, you know. So He's from the the same area, so kind of kept up with him. And ironically enough, my marketing guy is the same marketing guy he had, so when I did get drafted, we got to the same team. Antonio he I can't remember if he text or called me, but at that moment, I was like, man, like I finally met Antonio. Wow, full circle, full circle.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: It was a It was a pretty cool moment. Honestly, you know, from watching him on TV and uh, honestly being around him and still you know, it's like I would a starstruck because you know, I've seen him when he was we was young.
Speaker 1: It was a really cool moment.
Speaker 2: Have you guys had that conversation where you told them all these things like, yo, man, I watched you with the middle school like does he remember you hitting him up? And do you have them all these things like do you all have those conversations.
Speaker 3: That we've had them? But you know, at the same time, it's like we we What can I say, Like we had those conversations, but you know, I don't think he knows how much it meant to me. Wow what I'm saying, Like he takes it as man like that's cool.
Speaker 1: And stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Dag, like I wanted to be like you at one point.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: And he wore number twenty four, which was not what I used to rock YEP. So I'm like, yeah, this is this is cool. It's pretty cool moment. But uh yeah, I don't think he understands how cool it was for me to actually get to meet him.
Speaker 2: How cool was it for you to have somebody like that when you're that age, when you're still trying to figure things out, trying to figure out your own path, see somebody kind of almost lay the pathway for you and say, yo, this is what you can do when you're from here, when you work hard.
Speaker 1: How important was that for you?
Speaker 3: Man? Extremely important? Because from our area, like there's some kids that like, you know, they like make it out, but from my school it's very very few. Like I think we had one person that one player that went undrafted like a long time ago, but other than that, it was like pretty much nobody.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So when I see in ag you know he made it out and you know a couple other people from our from our city, I was just like, you know, I can I can do this. You know what I'm saying and.
Speaker 1: They give you that little boost that you need.
Speaker 3: To make it to the next level. And uh, again, I'm extremely.
Speaker 1: Grateful for that.
Speaker 2: And Chris, I'm sure you're doing the same thing for a lot of the youth from where you're from. Man, So shout out to you. And then you go on and you decide to go to Kentucky. Sounds like you really love where you're from. Man, sounds like you really love home. You had a strong support system.
Speaker 1: How hard was it making that decision to go all the way up to Kentucky?
Speaker 3: Man? So, so Kentucky wasn't my first choice?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I really really really wanted to go to Old Miss. Wow, that was the school I wanted to be at, and it was only because of hel Like, Man, yeah, I grew up a New York Giants fan, which I hate it now, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I grew up a New York fan. My dad's from there, so that was you know, when I watched sports, I was watching it with him. So when I seen Eli, I'm like, Eli was at Old Miss. That's where I want to go. So I went up to Old Miss. It was an unofficial visit and you know, I fell in love with it. I was like, man, I want to come here. But at the time, Old Miss had was going through some I guess some violations or whatever where they couldn't go to a bowl game. And when I was talking to my head coach at the time for my high school, he was like, you know, you don't want to miss out on those bowl games, like those are like fun times that you wish you could get back. And uh, you know, listening to him, he did take me up to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, before I even left Old Miss. I told him. I was like, yeah, like, I got one more school that we're going to go to. Uh take an unofficial and uh it was Kentucky and never like, don't go to Kentucky and fall in love. I was like no, man' never like I want to come to Old right right right? Sure enough, Man got to Kentucky, fell in love, never left, never left. So you know I got home. Uh, I was in the room with my brother. I think we had just woke up that morning, and I was like, yo, think about to commit to Kentucky. He was like for real, Yeah, so called up coach house and I was like, yo, like I think I'm gonna commit to you.
Speaker 1: He's like, good, yeah, you sure. Yeah, yeah, he was even surprised.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I think I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't say it was a hard choice. You know. It was one of those things that kind of felt right at the time. It's like a gut feeling you had, like this is where I need to be at. Yeah, it was just it was just like, you know, you need to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, So.
Speaker 3: I end up going, and you know, I'm extremely grateful for what they what they've helped me accomplish. You know what I'm saying, I'm here now.
Speaker 2: So and clearly you said you're here now, So clearly you made the right decision. Man went to Kentucky. Now, I want to fast forward a little bit to the senior ball. Right, you go on Kentucky ball out, you're the man, and you're playing against some really high level talent.
Speaker 1: Senior ball comes and this is your chance, right, this is your chance. Not a lot of.
Speaker 2: Running backs coming out of Kentucky. Right, let's be honest. Right, So, I'm sure you know that pressure you have that on you. You come out a day that everybody's watching you right, you can make a break yourself right here, and you decide to wear a purple face mask. Yes, can you talk to us about why you decided to do that and use that moment to wear a purple face mass to stand out in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for people that don't know, my mom passed away January eleventh, and you know, it was really hard on me. Yeah, I didn't even want to play in this Senior Bowl game. Wow, Like it was. It was just one of those things where I was like, you know, like I'm kind of hurting. I didn't want to say hurting, but like I was just you know, like I had did something to my need that wee cant practice.
Speaker 1: I just was feeling out of it. Wow.
Speaker 3: All the goals that I've had were for my mom, like to do with her. Like my goal to make it to the NFL was what we sat down and we talked about. You know what I'm saying, like she helped me create these goals and uh.
Speaker 1: Like for people to ask, like, my why it's her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying like even even though she's not with me, it's like she's still my why, you know. And that day at the Singer Bowl that the night before and I was like, you know, I don't want to play or whatever. I talked of my agent. He was like, you know, it's just it's up to you. I don't think you if you don't want to, then I don't think you should. And like it was just another feeling that I had, Like when I laid my head down, it was like my mom would not want me to sit out of this game.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know.
Speaker 3: So when I woke up that next morning, I told Jim Naggy, I was like, you know, this is I'm gonna play. I got the purple face mask like my family. I got family coming, and I don't think my mom would want me to sit out. So I ended up playing, and I had a pretty decent game. But yeah, that's that's pretty much the purple face mask for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you talk about, you know, going through what you went through losing a mother, Yeah, very quickly, very fast. And this is during the time where, man, you're about to accomplish maybe every dream you've ever had. Right, talk about how sad you were, you having a hard time I'd even want to play?
Speaker 1: How did you power through that? How do you get through something so traumatic and so tragic and you're like.
Speaker 3: I mean family for me, family and friends. You know, when I did get that call, I was at Exos in Dallas and a huge shout out to them. You know, they had everybody there was showing me love when I was on that sidewalk crying, and I never forget that moment, you know. And then when I did get home, I had, you know, my family who was there for me, and my my friends that I don't even call friends. You know what I'm saying. They were all there for me. Uh they made it easy, you know what I'm saying. And uh, that's why I'm extremely blessed for football. Football brings you around so many people that that love you and care about you. And uh, playing football at a young age, as I say, my godfather, my mom, uh, she my my foot, my head coach. When I was in reg football. Uh, you know, my mom was getting sick at some point. I didn't even notice, but she told my coach was like, hey, can Chris come live with you? And uh, you know, just keep take care of him, like I'm getting sick or whatever. And I didn't know that until I think my second year in college, and she told me she was like I asked him to, you know, take care of you, and I call him my godfather. But man's it runs deep, you know what I'm saying. Like I've been to family reunions with the family. Every time I go back home, I stay with them.
Speaker 1: Like it's family. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They introduced me to a lot of people that I don't even call friends anymore. His family, Like I said, it runs deep.
Speaker 1: Blood.
Speaker 2: Couldn't make us closer. Wow, man, that's so cool. And your mom's clearly was a very swart woman. Man, clearly you loved her a lot. What are some of the things that she taught you that you carry every single day? Like, I know me, the older I get, the more I think about my parents and things, and I'm just like Dag, they were right about this, man.
Speaker 1: I remember they used to.
Speaker 2: Always say this, to do this, and I never understood, But now that I'm older, I get it.
Speaker 1: What are some of those things you carry with you that you got for your mom?
Speaker 3: Man, My mom she was one of those people who I always say, was like, she was like one of my best friends. You know what I'm saying, Like I could tell her anything, anything that I ever did anything. When I got in trouble, I would tell her she wouldn't be mad, you know what I'm saying. But she she always told me, like, you know, being say it like outside of football, being in the in the streets and like partying and having fun, it ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't for everybody.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, I thought, you know, going to the club, you know, when I was in college, going to the club with friends and having fun partying, I thought it was, you know what I'm saying, a part of lifestyle. But sure enough I did. I did end up getting in trouble and she came up to me and she she helped me. She was like I told you. She's like, I'm glad you found out now rather than later. She's like, I still love you. I'm not mad at you, but you had to learn. And uh for that. Extremely grateful for that, for that, for that moment, Like that's one of those mom that I wish I can, you know what I'm saying, get back, you know, crying in my mom's hands and she's holding me, kissing me on my forehead and stuff. But extreme, extremely sad moment. But again blessed that I even had the opportunity to go through that with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really interesting to hear, you know.
Speaker 2: You like, we have a lot of people on I mean you guys all men that come on this show right next man Up, and a lot of them are black men, and talk about how hard it is to have these moments of vulnerability, have these moments where you feel, have these moments where you can cry and things like that. What you're going through is pretty fresh. It hasn't been a long time at all. We're going through the holidays and all that. Are you finding time to have your moments where you grieve and feel and let these things out while you're in the midst of a rookie season and trying to do all of these things and you have those moments.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So for me, like I've been living with my fiance for like four years now, So whenever I do feel like I need those moments, moments, you know, it's just me and her, you know what I'm saying. We sit down and we might not talk about it long, but we talk about it, you know what I'm saying. And I got a picture in a picture from my mom's funeral and I keep it, you know, I'm saying in my living room, and whenever I feel like I just need to talk to her, I just go up to her and I just I just talk to her.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those things where it makes me, it makes me feel better, you know what I'm saying, makes it feel like she's listening. And before every game, you know, I sit down and I talk to her. I don't know if anybody's ever realized, but before the game, I'm always at the end of the bench on the knee and I'm praying and talking to her, just asking her to just keep keep your eyes out for me and keep her arms on me, no injuries and stuff like that, and just asking her how she's doing. And sometimes, you know, I feel like she actually is talking back. But you know what I'm saying, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Well, Chris, she definitely has her arms wrapped around you. Man.
Speaker 2: You know, you get through all of that, You go through the Pro Bowl, go through the Combine. I believe you even did like a thing where you raised money for LUPUS people with like your reps on the bench press. So still very much locked into what you're going on with her, but you're also getting a job done. Now draft night comes, get drafted in sixth round. You get that call.
Speaker 1: Now believe you were at home in Georgia with family, right, were you in Georgia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Bring us back.
Speaker 2: There, man, take us back to that moment when you got that call, where you was at, who you was around you and embraced you.
Speaker 1: Talk about that little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So at the draft party, it was basically a bunch of people that helped me get to where I was, and a bunch of my family. Some of my friends stopped stopped by, really most of them. But yeah, so I remember there were some coaches I won't name who to go to. Some coaches were calling me and telling me like he man, we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: You free agent.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, coach, like the draft is still going on, like that what you called me after?
Speaker 1: And then I remember getting.
Speaker 3: A car from Coach Rivera And at the time I was just I was so so struck, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was just like, this is really happening.
Speaker 3: And uh, for people that see the video, like I'm sitting on the couch, it was my fiance on my right and my little sister on my left, and I felt like it was one of those moments where it's like, man, I'm supposed to be sharing this moment with my mom. You know what I'm saying. I hate to go you know, backtrack or whateverbody was. It's just one of those moments where I'm like, dang, we talked about this moment for a long time. Yeah, you know, and uh, people like, man, you don't look at he don't look excited to be drafted, And I'm like, man, it's a lot of emotionary and a lot Yeah, it's like a lot of emotions going through me right now. Like one my dream I just accomplished it. You know what I'm saying. It was one of my dreams, one of my goals, but it was one of me and my mom's go was at the same time. So going through that, like he was just like, man, I cannot believe this is happening. And then after that, like you know that moment where I hung up the phone and hear my name on the TV. It's like, man, this is this is this is real life. And also mad that day, like my hats were late coming in, so Washington had was the only one that I didn't have.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I was mad at that, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: I can't even put the hat on.
Speaker 2: That's a big moment to put the I want to put the hat on, Like that's the that's the big that's the.
Speaker 3: Big moment, right. But I'm extremely grateful that that Washington was able to you know, draft me in. You know what I'm saying here, we are hopefully creating some memories here. I know I am sir, so hopefully there's many more to come.
Speaker 2: And like you said, here we are week thirteen, five weeks left, I mean five games left in your rookie season. What do you think your mom would say to you today? You say you talk to her, You say you feel like you can hear from her. What do you think she say to Chris Rodriguelds said to see where her little boys are after you know, the tears, the hard times, the practices.
Speaker 1: What do you think she say to you today?
Speaker 3: You know, I think for her it would be like, like, I'm so proud of you. You know, I won't expose my nickname. My mom used to call me stink a pot, think a pot. Yeah, she said, I used to. It used to be bad when I used to go number two when I was a baby.
Speaker 1: So that's where it came from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So she used to call me stink apart. So she'd be like, I'm so proud of your stink apart, like I knew you would do it. I'm so glad that you're staying the course. I know it's not easy, but I'm proud of you and I love you so much. You know, my mom was one of those people who when she came up to stay with me when I was in Kentucky, she was not leaving. She didn't want to leave, she didn't want to go home, but you know when she did, she was like, I don't want to leave, just s we come back. But uh, you know, I think if my mom was to her, she'd be living with me by now, and where there I was in an apartment house, she'd be living with me right now.
Speaker 1: So that's so cool. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, man, I have no doubt that your mom's with you. Man, She with you right now, She with you every time you step on that field, and you've been able to get on this field, man, able to show what you're capable of. That's rare or sixth round pick, not every sixth round pick, ce minutes stay rookie year? How many six round picks make the team. How good is it to be where you are at right now at this point in time, being on this team, living out your dream?
Speaker 1: Man? How good are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Man? Honestly, I feel good. You know what I'm saying, especially like you said, the position that I'm in, like, not a lot of six round picks see the field. Yeah, I'm blessed to even you know, have some carries at this point. You know what I'm saying. First game of the season, first third down, I got in. I was shocked. I'm like you calling me, But yeah, man, I'm I'm extremely blessed. You know. It's it's tough right now. Uh you know they say you hit your rookie wall. I won't lie, man.
Speaker 1: You're there, You're there.
Speaker 3: It's real. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's tough, but you know, you know you stayed. Of course, you got vets that you talked to, like I talked to you know, DG who's been doing it for a minute, j will Antonio And you know I know this b rob second year, but you know I talked to that when when I feel like, man like it's hard and they're like, like, it's only your one. You just getting started, and uh, you know, they give me tips on how to take care of my body and stuff. Still getting into the midst of that, but they say it's an investment, but it's a great one.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It should be the first one that you you know what I'm saying, really investing. So yeah, it's been tough, but man, it's going.
Speaker 1: I can see the way on you still like that. I know the season's ended there.
Speaker 2: If we appreciate your time so much, I just have one more thing for you, man, that's your isual cam right there, sir. But those are all familiar with who Chris Rodriguez is. Looking at Camra right there and let the command is family know who Chris Rodriguez is.
Speaker 3: Chris Rodriguez man really outgoing, funny, kind guy. You get to meet him. Love country music. I'm in the you know what I'm saying. Used to I'm starting to get back into it. But really a quiet dude. If you ever see me out, you can save what's up to me. I ain't one of the scary dudes. I ain't gonna gonna blow you off. I love everybody. I'm normal just like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, well you're definitely normal, but you're all so special in that. Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sharing what you shared today, because I know that's not easy, man, especially when it's talking about your parents and it's something that's so fresh and so new.
Speaker 1: Man. So you know, I hope you and your family are doing well. Man.
Speaker 2: Prayers to all of them and your other Man. She raised the great young man, and I have no doubt she's proud of.
Speaker 1: You, just like the rest of us, proud of your cig you think, man. Command is family.
Speaker 2: This is the next Man Up Podcast with no other than all running back Chris Rodricus Chris Thank You, Brothers, Will Thank.
Speaker 1: You Love podcast.
Speaker 2: We have a lot more for you on the Commander's Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We have the Command Center Podcast with Logan Paulson and Fred Smooth and Santanta mass It's like hanging out with your best friends, but you're talking all Commander's football. Then we have the Players Club with Legends London Plusher and Santana Mars and they sit with your favorite Commanders players and they talk football in the way that only.
Speaker 1: Those who played the game could.
Speaker 2: Then, of course we have to get Loud podcast with Mike Jenkins and Fred Smooth doing what they do best. Didn't Loud That show is a lot of fun. And then of course you have the Next Man Up Podcast. We'll be back next Tuesday with another one of your favorite Commander's players. All that and more than be found on The Commander's Podcast Network, streaming wherever you get your podcasts, or you can watch us on The Commander's YouTube page.