Speaker 1: Brooke, you like it when a guy knows exactly what he wants?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But that's.
Speaker 1: An attractive quality.
Speaker 3: Oh sure?
Speaker 1: Do you like it when a guy knows exactly what he doesn't want?
Speaker 4: I mean, if he's not I don't need to hear about that.
Speaker 3: I think it's good for him as a person.
Speaker 4: But I think usually that means that he doesn't want me. So I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Know you know, right, just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 1: I was bringing up because one of our listeners says he likes one thing, and that's curvy women.
Speaker 3: Okay, but not a unique thing.
Speaker 1: He says he believes women on dating apps are abusing that term, and I'm curious to know what he means by that. So Glenn, Glenn, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me on today.
Speaker 3: It's a heart open Glen Brook.
Speaker 1: Isn't happen?
Speaker 3: I shouldn't be describing themselves that way?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what he means. Can you tell us what you mean?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you why do you think people are abusing the term curvy?
Speaker 2: Well, everyone tries to make themselves sounds as attractive as possible on these things, but kirvy is you know the old cartoons, the classic you get your hands and you make the hourglass shape you want, like you mean.
Speaker 4: The unobtainable measurements of Barbie. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: No, not even that, like, no, no, I like a real woman with curves. If I wanted a twelve year old boy, I date a twelve year old boy. But no, not talk.
Speaker 1: It's not yeah, I open our mouths anymore.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm just trying to understand what you're saying here, Glenn. What you're saying, do we want more conication? I'm just trying to, you know, see his perspective. He thinks women of all shapes use the term curvy too liberally.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because you have to have a curve up top, a curve down bottom, but in the middle it's got to taper in a little bit, so you have a clear, definitive waste area.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that.
Speaker 4: Like your date showed up and didn't match her description. Is that what you're trying to get to?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I just took me a long time to find the kind of girl that I was looking for on the dating apps.
Speaker 4: Okay, Glenn, what did you like about her outside of her physical appearance.
Speaker 1: Well, what was her name? Is good?
Speaker 2: Or does?
Speaker 1: It doesn't even matter, you know what. You don't need a name. Tell us more about her.
Speaker 2: Her name's Megan. And one of the things, one of the things that I said when I was looking for the date was I'm looking for a nature girl, like a nature nerd. I love going hiking. Okay, I know there's over nine hundred different types of fig trees. I know there's one breedom loss that pollinates them. Like I know these things. It's a it's a big hobby of.
Speaker 1: Mine, and you need a girl that's Kirby Ann knows that stuff.
Speaker 2: Too well, at least can pretend to be interested, if not to learn.
Speaker 3: I think it's attractive.
Speaker 4: I don't know about Alexis, but I think it's attractive when people have like like a nerd.
Speaker 3: Out on something, you know that like have a true passion. That's a good sign.
Speaker 1: I think it like if they're actually not nerds them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know my focus is kind of narrow, but again, that's why I'm on the dating site, so that I can find someone sort of will match.
Speaker 3: That is that what you did for your date? You guys? Went outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I found a site where you can print out these lists of nature scavenger hunts. Said, well, it would be really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do that for my kids. What do you mean, like find a heart shaped rock?
Speaker 3: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff like that. Yeah, so we can go out for a walk and talk and kind of get to know each other and just explore nature.
Speaker 1: And that sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Well it was okay, oh, just okay. Yeah, the checklist that I had, I didn't think it would be a big deal. But there's things like find a wild mushroom, find some feathers, find a butterfly.
Speaker 1: I think I know what the problem is here. The butterflies weren't proportionate enough. Is that what it is? Yeah, they're too round?
Speaker 3: You want those monarchs with an hour glass shape.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: We're just messing around.
Speaker 2: With you, Glenn.
Speaker 3: Did Megan seem to have any fun?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it got a little less friendly as the day wore on because we couldn't find a damn thing. Like I was getting a little frustrated.
Speaker 4: You're getting frustrated over your your list, Yes, over.
Speaker 2: The lack of being able to find anything on this damn list they had ants and an ant hill on the list, and we couldn't find ants, We couldn't find anything.
Speaker 3: Is this? How is this?
Speaker 4: Was this your mood as the list became more unobtainable.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you show your frustration to Megan?
Speaker 2: I think it kind of leaked through because I'm going I finally got a date with a girl that I am attracted to, and we're doing something that she's she's willing to be interested in, and we could have a good time and get to know each other, and now nothing else is working out, and I'm just looking like a jacket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, I keep I don't think she really probably cared about completing your savager hunt.
Speaker 1: Well, tell us how it ended, because we got around soon.
Speaker 2: So at the edge of the park there's the food truck. So we went over to the food truck and we got corn dogs and fun. Oh yeah, no, it's a terrific We're sitting on a step, we're eating them, we're finishing up, and she just goes really nice meeting you, and then I have to go I have to meet up with my roommate for a work thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a question. Why are we calling her?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 3: Because this is.
Speaker 4: The only woman that has ever matched with you and I you know, like you have very very high standards and specific requests here.
Speaker 2: It just started off with so much potential and.
Speaker 1: Then the ants had to ruin it for you.
Speaker 2: So we're going, Yeah, the lack of the ants would have saved it for me, The lack of man's ruined it for me.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the ants wouldn't step up for you. We will right now. We're gonna call Megan and we're gonna ask her why she isn't wanting another date. Why. Well, I'm gonna try and convince her to give you another We're gonna give her a reason why to go out with him one more time? How about that, Brooke? You think of that during the break, We'll come back call Meghan, get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Hold on, man. You know what's funny is when you think of your social circle, and this is true a lot of the times, it's the people you didn't get along with at first who later go on to become your closest friends and even lovers. So I think Brooke might be coming after you so hard right now because she actually has a little bit of a crush on you.
Speaker 3: Have you figured that man would read it that way?
Speaker 1: Have you seen a picture of her online? Because Brook, would you describe yourself as Kirvy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: How would you take?
Speaker 4: I have the flattest booty ever, I would describe myself as Kirby.
Speaker 1: You're like a little flat back.
Speaker 2: No? No? Uh? Like I said, I know, it's a unicorn that I'm looking for here, but a Kirby girl who was into nature and just a great conversation.
Speaker 1: You checked at least two of them.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about me anymore about me?
Speaker 1: I'm shipped like a potato. But do you hate nature?
Speaker 3: What do you offering? You know, like you're asking for such like? Hi, I'd like to hear this too. Yeah, what what you bringing to the table for this unicorn?
Speaker 1: It sounds like someone's interest. Yeah, I just wants more about you.
Speaker 4: I doubt want to take here.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm I'm reasonably smart, I'm educated, take an interest in a wide variety of I try not to be cliche, which is why I try to find stupid things like nature scavenger hunch.
Speaker 1: He knows a lot about nature, we know that. And he's also humble. You only called himself reasonably smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what I like, but I respect women. I love women, and I just want to find the right one, that's all.
Speaker 1: He's particular. He feels like the right one was Megan, who he met online and they went on a scavenger hunt. Unfortunately, he did get a little bit frustrated when he couldn't find some of the things on their list, like ants. So he's hoping that didn't blow it for him. And we're going to find out if we can get you another chance here.
Speaker 4: All right, And no matter what, Glenn, I'll have a little offline conversation with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I told you boot, he does not do it for me. About that, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: He's real to Meghan. So let's call her and see what she has to say. Here we go, I'm a dial number right now.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello? Is this Meghan?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey Meghan?
Speaker 3: Can we apologize now?
Speaker 1: Why we want to talk to you a little bit?
Speaker 2: Megan?
Speaker 1: You're on the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, what is this?
Speaker 3: Well, just no, I'm on your side. What we're talking about it was important to start out the game.
Speaker 1: We're a morning show, Megan, and we do a segment on our show called a second Date Update. That's what this is. We're trying to help one of our listeners who went on a date with you recently. His name is Glenn.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Glenn? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah I do. I don't know why you're calling me about him, though.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that he had this big idea to do a nature scavenger haunt and it was going okay, but then he got a little bit frustrated when certain things in nature weren't making themselves appear to you, guys.
Speaker 4: I think what it was is that he had the idea of a perfect date for you and it wasn't panning out, and so he let his frustrations get the better of him.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with that.
Speaker 5: Well, he seems to have a temper and it wasn't it wasn't necessarily, it wasn't focused on me per se. But he would go from zero to just letting loose a string of curses because he couldn't find the ants on this checklist and he was so into it. He had this laser focus on completing his task, and he was getting red faced and really mad about it.
Speaker 1: Weird that is such a we spoke to him, we didn't get that impression at all.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 4: This guy, I mean, did you tell him to calm down?
Speaker 2: Well, I was.
Speaker 5: I was trying to redirect, was trying to ask about himself. I was trying to find out his other interests, and instead he would start giving me this litany of facts like the Latin name for dandelion and what who are the pollinators for it? And I was like, I'd rather know about you, So my understanding.
Speaker 1: You're like, that's the reason that you're not calling him back because you felt maybe had a little bit of a temper.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's one of them.
Speaker 3: Oh there's more red flags.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: The other one was that the man that I met that day didn't match up with the man that was described in his profile.
Speaker 3: Really, I am very interested.
Speaker 5: In the way he described himself at based on the photos I saw, he described as bold as athletic, and that really appealed to me because I go rafting. I love that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great, But you said he said he looked athletic, and when you showed up, what did he look like to you?
Speaker 5: Well, he looked he looked soft.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a.
Speaker 5: I don't know about all that. He just didn't look as sturdy as in his photos, and and he was getting winded while we were just walking around that park. I know he was getting mad, but I was paying attention to the fact that he was getting out of breath.
Speaker 1: Brook, Why aren't you getting outraged at her? For the honesty of it all?
Speaker 3: Is so amazing.
Speaker 1: The hypocrisy of you right now, because the athletic body style is unattainable magazine.
Speaker 6: We started a conversation and he was moaning about how women mislabeled themselves and how horrible they are for calling themselves curby, and then he has the audacity to mislabel himself.
Speaker 1: I think we're we're finding out a little bit too much information at this point. It's a little oversharing, and I need to let you know at this point that Glenn is on the other line and has been hearing all of this.
Speaker 2: Oy oh hi oh hi.
Speaker 3: Legs on that one.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't know if I was out of breath so much, but I was. I was a little breathless in your presence.
Speaker 1: I guess, Glenn, what do you think of that? She doesn't think that you're athletic looking.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, everyone goes through cycles. Everyone has uh, you know, good good weeks, bad weeks.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: So you're asking for a little bit of empathy, maybe a little bit of of.
Speaker 2: Course, of course, you know everyone's work in progress everyone.
Speaker 1: That's a really smart thing to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe if you actually gave that to other people then you would receive it back, the empathy.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just speechless there because No, I think she's perfect the way she is. I just I'm just I'm just so frustrated, aggravated with myself.
Speaker 1: For aggravated, Bro Megan, we haven't heard from you. I mean, what now you can talk to Glenn and tell him, tell him about his soft body and how disappoint.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: So, I don't think I need to repeat myself. I didn't mean any offense.
Speaker 2: If no, I know, I can. I can definitely work on the softness. I guess there's not much I can do about the butterflies and migration.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're still worried about the Glenn.
Speaker 3: I mean, why are you using old photos again?
Speaker 2: Another fault of mine. I put up a couple of old photos. I haven't updated my photos and yeah, put on a few pounds and then that's my fault too. Everything.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't have to beat yourself up over it. Don't be mad. You may beat himself, yeah, cushion. But Glenn, we want to help you here, man, We want to get you another day.
Speaker 4: Maybe if we could just end with you saying one nice thing about Glenn, that would help Glenn, because I think what Glenn should work on is maybe himself for a while.
Speaker 5: I yeah, I'm kind to agree with that, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's think of one nice thing to say.
Speaker 5: I would say the nicest thing that I noticed you head going for yourself were your manners and how you treated me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a real positive Glenn.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that? Glenn?
Speaker 2: I certainly appreciate that, and like I said, I try to be as respectful as as possible. Uh maybe maybe the frustration that I point to myself, I should probably have a few more manners towards myself too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's a moment of growth.
Speaker 2: Be nice to yourself, buddy. Okay, maybe, But the dating thing is this jungle of dating thing, it's it's horrible. So I probably just got over excited that that I thought I actually found someone I could connect with.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's get out of the jungle and let's just go back to the park. And we want to send you on a date that we will pay for, like a little bit of a redo. What do you think of that, Glenn.
Speaker 5: If we can do something where you can be a little more curious about me and less about the greenery the environment, I would say yes to another.
Speaker 1: Wow, nice Glenn.
Speaker 2: I would love another chance. And I am very curious about you. I'm super curious about you, and I promise I will try as hard as I can to not get in my own way and screw things up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, look at that. It's a successful second date update, even though Brooke tried to sabotage it the entire time with her flat behind.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of red flats.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, Book, there's someone out there for you too.
Speaker 1: Looking Jeffrey in the morning,