Speaker 1: To remove dalling deep speedways past Hell. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. He's gon my advands in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, it's preview day already. It feels like I just covered a football game and here we are talking about another. One short week Dolphins host the Raiders. Will break it down as we do by matchup, by key elements of this game and everything in between. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Drive Time Podcast. First order of business. It is Thursday night football and another good one we got here for you guys. The Commanders are.
Speaker 2: At the Eagles. I am conflicted on this one.
Speaker 1: Despite being oh, he's doing it again, he's pulling up his phone for a live reaction. One twelve and forty on the season. This is a tough week and we'll get to the rest of the picks on Friday. But I'm conflicted about like four or five of these games. I'm taking the Commanders. I think they're going to win the division. That was my prediction back in August. It's my claim to fame if it happens, sin, so we have to commit to it.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We'll take the Commanders after a tough loss last week to bounce back and get this win over the division rival, the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: JT.
Speaker 1: I know you won't hear the podcast, but if you do, I apologize picking against the Eagles on TNF. Let's talk about the Raiders, and let's be transparent here for a second. This is the worst football team I've seen on.
Speaker 2: Tape since.
Speaker 1: Watching the Panthers last year ahead of that Week six game. I don't got much to talk about. It's going to be a shorter podcast because they're just as much here for this team. It's not gonna be short cause I did my work, but let's break it down. I just had a hard time finding things to like, really key in on because to me, this should be an absolute washout game. It's a hard rock stadium, one o'clock kickoff, Week eleven against the Las Vegas Raiders, eighty one degrees, partly cloudy, no rain, ten mile proor breeze. Should be a beautiful day for football. Come on out and watch the boys lay it down. I am so excited for this game though, because you know, it's funny. I talked about this in the show last year, going into games where we were two touchdown favorites or more. I would opine if this is how it feels when you become a really good team, where it's like, oh, this is probably going to be a win.
Speaker 2: It's definitely going to be a win.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get up for those games, and of course you know the players can never have that mentality. But as someone that hasn't missed a Finn's game this millennia and experiencing a truly dominant outfit like that was, it made my mind wonder, like, do I have to have eight, nine, ten games a year where it's like this is a walk in the park. I don't gotta worry about it? Might be kind of nice now thinking about that. And you know what do I always say on the show, here the NFL can change in a blink, man, What you know about a team this week might be totally different next Wednesday or Thursday, whatever day it is. And here we are one year later, and I am so fired up to go back to the press box where I was thinking, like, they're gonna beat the Panthers, they're gonna beat the Giants, They're gonna roll the Patriots here at home. Now, I am so excited to get one of those teams at hard Rock Stadium with our guy under center, that we are supposed to beat. And again, it's not a guarantee, it's a guarantee, but I've seen this team dominate so many of these games, and I've seen them win just about all of them, sands the Titans game last year, which of course was a major blow simply put, just for the flow of the week after playing a bunch of gut wrenching games, three of those being tough to swallow, losses that easily could have been wins. And if they were your six and three right now, you're talking about the AFC East as a possibility. Even with the sweep against the Buffalo Bills, Digress well actually would have won one of those games, they'd be one game worse and you'd be a game back with a split in the division.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited to prep for a team that we are supposed to really really get after here.
Speaker 2: Does that track for you, guys?
Speaker 1: Because it's just been stress all year long, and now I just kind of want to sit back and like watch a twenty one point blow. That'd be nice, and let's get to know that team and it is there. He does remember doing this summer workup on these guys and loving their roster on offense and how it's grown developed, especially at the skill positions on that offense. Now, of course DeVante Adams is gone, but all of that said, like the one thing that it felt they never got to was the most important position, the quarterback. Like they didn't get a free agent signing outside of Gardner Minshew and go Koog's for sure, but it felt like they were kind of waiting in the draft and never got their guy in a class that saw five guys go with the top like eleven picks of this year's draft or thirteen pick whatever it was. But you know, is Gardner Minshew the long term solution. No, he's like a spot starter. He's like a twenty eight best quarterback in the league. Now he's not playing that good either, so maybe it's even lower than that. He's throwing six touchdowns and eight picks in eight games and seven starts. He's been benched three times, once for aid and O'Connell who's out for the year, and once for Desmond Ritter who arrived less than a month ago.
Speaker 2: And they might be.
Speaker 1: Getting a key target for Minshew back in Michael Mayer, who had his practice window open. But it's not for sure that he will be back, but he would fortify you know, the way this team was built through the idea of being a twelve personnel heavy package by using the thirteenth pick on brock Bowers this year and the thirty fifth pick last year on Mayor from Notre Dame. And on top of all that, they hired Tom to LESCo, who I mean he ran the Chargers into the ground.
Speaker 2: See let's bring him to the rival, I guess.
Speaker 1: And they also removed the interim tag off Antonio Pierce after a five and four finish and going eight to nine in total.
Speaker 2: But a lot of.
Speaker 1: Those wins were like foo gayzy man against like bad football teams. I think that Christmas Day went over the Chiefs what really solidified that. But it's not looking like it's the right move right now. And that includes you know, they they lost their quarterback in October last year, so I guess an impressive overachievement of sorts that way, but those type of overachievements just delay things like longer.
Speaker 2: They delayed the inevitable.
Speaker 1: But as they head towards another potential rebuild or it's gonna be a rebuild autter this year, and almost certainly if a quarterback in the top three or four picks, I think it's gonna be number one. The Raiders fans are ready for success right now, and they should be because last year, before the playoff, or before going eight to nine, last year six and eleven, and twenty twenty two. They did make the playoffs in twenty twenty one, but it was like it was one of those you know Dolphins Matt Moore teams, and they got like beat by the Bengals pretty handily. And on wild card weekend, I think they score a touchdown lates make it close, but like ten and seven wildcard round loss eight to eighth the year prior seven and nine and nineteen, four and twelve and eighteen, six and ten and seventeen, and their last great season was in twenty sixteen, a twelve and four campaign, but Derek Carr broke his leg in the penultimate game and they had to go into that playoff game, their first in fourteen years with a backup quarterback. So they're basically like they're you know, they look at Dolphins fans like you think you have it tough. Let's go ahead and get into this year's team in their offense specifically.
Speaker 2: And quite frankly, I don't really know, because.
Speaker 1: They promoted Scott Turner to the position after firing Luke Getsy. Which did you watch the Bears last I sorry, I just I'm having a hard time, like not laughing for thirty minutes and calling it a show. They hired Luke Getsy after the tire fire that was the Bears last year, and they fired him after the Bengals lost. They're coming off of bye week, so I assume they'll get something relatively new ish. Maybe I don't know, because they brought in Joe Philbin and North Turner two. I don't know, man, We'll probably stay brief and focus more on the personnel because I just don't know what's gonna look like. Well, I shouldn't say that totally because he was an OC for three years in Washington under Ron Rivera, who decided he wasn't good enough to coach there and he got fired off to twenty twenty two season, where he joined Josh McDaniel's staff in Vegas for twenty twenty three as a passing game coordinator, the role he stayed in this year. This is why these soft resets don't work. Man. You can't do like bits and piece and parts? What bits and pieces and parts? Because you wind up bringing back Norv Turner like he's an offensive consultant. Then I remember him for the two years with Ricky Williams here where it was like hey, run Ricky right, run Ricky left. But he also had various influences all over the league, across multiple systems. His original influence was the Don Corriel air Coriell attack, which you know, how funny is this The description of the air Coriell has forced the defenders to cover the length and width of the field entire league, which is basically the goal of every single offense in modern football, which is usually how it goes. You know, what was once innovative eventually becomes the norm. How do you attack this scheme? We don't know what it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm operating more blind this week than at any point this season, maybe in nearly a decade of doing this. From what I can tell, the offense is pretty uniform. It doesn't really want to adapt, but rather drills in core principles and sticks to them. What's the old saying from a coach Carter or Hoosiers or freaking semi pro or I don't know a basketball movie wasn't semi pro? Where something to the effect of, you know, as this coach is running the players through the point of like throwing up on the court when it's the fourth quarter, you're too tired to think. You know, I want you to know this play at the back of your whatever. I think it's coach Carter. You know there's too many mother f and snakes and this mother from playing Samuel L. Jackson Tangent's aside, like this is where his podcast is going to go today, Guys like I don't got much for you by way of substance. I do, but it's going to be a blowout Tangent aside. You know, that's that's sort of this approach. And I found some literature on a Commander's website where they interviewed Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he said that Scott Turner refused to adapt his system to his players. Either you fit in or you don't. That's not coaching. And it takes the quarterback, he said, two full years to learn that system. Fitz was the quarterback there for a year when he got hurt opening day. But you get the point. I don't think it's realistic for the Raiders to expect to implement some multi layered scheme that sequencesn't evolves as we go for this game, even with the long week off, the two weeks off, that is just not how it works. Like they don't go through OTAs for the hell of it. They're trying to bank reps to build into the summer program, So trying to implement a full sale change approach in season is not going to be easy. So if I had to project, I would say they implement some concepts like all right, we're gonna run freaking you know Sale, you know, go run Sale, go run dagger, you know, go run slant flat like, And that's to me, that's going to be their offense. And it probably limits the line of scrimmage autonomy that Gardner Minshew has to build off of this game. And quite frankly, I think the Dolphins have the exact type of scheme to not just slow them down, but to really take advantage of the newness. I mean, they confuse Matthew Stafford last week has been a lead for sixteen years and in his current system for four years. Gardner Minshew two weeks into a system is not exactly the same, and that takes us into the Raiders Big three. On offense, Number one is to make Minshew make complex reads and decisions on every drop back. Do not make it easy on this man. Make him make twenty five difficult reads in this game. And the loss of Kendall Fuller makes it a little bit tougher, But man, I think we have the depth now to combat that, especially with this competition. You know, we'll have Kendall back in time for Green Bay. I imagine I think he'll be good to go by that time. But that's all the matters to me is I don't care if he plays this week or next week. But hoping the same can be the case for Bradley Chubb, at least for that Houston San Francisco matchup, because I do think we'll win three of the next four and the one could be Green Bay. If you win all four of them, you kind of have some house money going into the final four games. But Houston San Francisco could be the deciding two week portion of the season and that's why I want the key players back for But in terms of the guys we do have, I think cater has probably been the most pleasant surprise for me this year, because I thought last year was tough and I thought he really struggled to start the year, but he's really bounced back, and I think it could be because how he's being used, and it speaks to his level of buy in and the job of Anthony and Weave are to recognize his versatility and put it to use. And that's really true of the entire defense. I touched on this in the All twenty two episode, how impressive it was how many different looks they were able to get to from the same pre snap presentation, and with Javon playing what I thought was his best game of the year and wasn't a high bar, but saying for Jordan Boyer then Ramsey doing what he does every single week, I think there's a really good opportunity to pile up some takeaways in this game because of a couple of reasons. First, Minshew's game at Washington State was playing with exceptional timing and rhythm in Mike Leach's air raid offense. But that mastery is like twelve plays deep on.
Speaker 2: A cocktail napkin.
Speaker 1: That was our entire playbook, Gokus, and we saw him have success early in the NFL doing large part to that. He played in really good rhythm and saw the field and let that thing rip man and were cut off jeorts. And then I think there was some more tape on him that not only exposed some of the limitations that made him a sixth round draft pick, I think it was, but sort of created this book that he's had a hard time readjusting to. And I think there's been a lack of comfort with what he's getting this year from this Raiders offense because he's bailing on clean pockets all the time. There's a clip against the Chiefs and a critical fourth down in the low red zone where he like just runs into a sack. It was one of the weird plays I've seen from a quarterback this whole year, or where he holds the ball and passes up available reads in the progression. That's why I think that like this offensive corner change is not going to be helpful, Like, Okay, it's going to get better with a new verbiage, a new system, And that's where I think, you know, it could be a collision course. I think his pocket management has been awful, and the Dolphins do as good of a job as anybody else of making the pocket muddy and confusing you with where the rush lanes are coming from, and then just playing through some of your guys with peer power with Zach Seeler and Kalaeis Campbell, while also flashing unexpected defenders into passing lanes that shouldn't be there.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Gardner.
Speaker 1: So this is basically an attack on Minshew's lack of comfort in terms of what's on tape this season, and his lack of experience in a system that's going to be brand new to him and probably not qualified for this league, and his teammates against the defense who strength is versatility and coverage, front and mixture. Like, it's all bad news for the Raiders offense, even if something is successful. I think you can make an argument that no two plays whatever makes sense to go back to back, make Minshew make these complex reads and decisions on every single drop back in this game. They have the most giveaways in the National Football League. You should continue that theme. It's nineteen get make it twenty three. Let's go ahead and take our first break rate there, come back and finish up the offense. We'll also do the Raiders defense and how tow it can attack those boys next Draft Time podcast. Your host Travis Wingfield right to you. I don't know. Big thing Number one for the Raiders offense was to make Minshew make complex reads every single drop back. Number two is Bowers and Mayor. It sounds like an injury settlement firm who advertises heavily on the five o'clock news it's my money and I want it now, or all the local ones down here in South Florida call Steiner and Ryner at eight five.
Speaker 2: One one one one one one one one.
Speaker 1: One, like all those catchy commercials that I can't stand, but they always say, like their phone number three times over again. Uh. You know these guys, they moonlight as Bowers and Mayor esquire, but their day job is playing the tight end position really really damn well. And this will make the work on Jordan Brooks, who I think is coming off of his best game, and Anthony Walker same regarding best game as well as the safety is really important in this game. Well, it's important as it can't be, and it kind of plays off the first key in terms of constantly changing the picture. I just can't get enough of how Javon Holland was used in accordance with Cater Kohu. I think you can create matchups that way, but you also have this is this the reverse card and Uno the queen on the chessboard. I'm talking about Jalen Ramsey and where I think that having Ramsey's shadow anybody serves as to sort of sort of diminish what makes him great. Think fangioll eat your heart out. I also think that there are teams where it makes sense to do more of that, like the Chiefs with Travis Kelsey when he was better than he is now. I think the Patriots make up a receiver with not having a receiver on the team with Hunter Henry making tons of sense, and here I think it does too, though I do think Jacoby Myers is one of the more underrated receivers in the NFL and has but he has the body profile that Ramsey typically matches up well with the bigger body receivers, but also I think cam Smith has the game to match up that way as well. So whether you're re routing trail technique and pass off what we saw from various alignments from Cup and Nakua on Monday night, I think this all coincides with point number one. But the point is the tight end position is the crux of the offense. Bowers has eighteen more catches than anybody else on the team. He has a buckfitty more yards than anybody else, and he's tied for a second on the team with touchdowns. It's two but him and Mayer, which mayor is not for sure going to play. He's coming off the IR this week and he was out with a personal reason. I don't know what that is. But hopefully he's okay, but he might play this week, he might not. They are thirty second and rushing twenty seventh and passing twenty ninth and off total offense and twenty fifth in points. And I mentioned the rushing there. That's thing number three. Just keep that ground game part, keep it in the garage, keep the cover on it. Don't give him the keys, don't even put in the ignition. Don't even look at it. Don't even look at me. I mentioned the thirty second ranked rushing attack, and watching this tape, it is not like an isolated issue where you can clearly point out one thinking back that that's real, that's causing all these issues here on this earth. Ted Wynn, who is on the show tomorrow, did a great breakdown on Coach Paint where he showed a bunch of reps where the assignments just either aren't properly communicated or coached or understood. I don't know if the issue is because they would consistently, you know, like they would have rules they would break. And by that I mean like you'll get a double team where you have a guard and a tackle attach with you know, the guards supposed to play off the outside shoulder and a climb to the second level and go attached to a linebacker. And then here comes the tight end who attaches to that same linebacker that the duo block or the combination block is supposed to get off an attack, and it leaves a linebacker on the other side of the formation, just like like you know, the did I just get drafted meme? Like he's doing that, Like, did I just get a free run to the BA gap with no one to block me but the running back? Like okay, cool, easy fill and tackle for a two yard game. Now we're second and eight and now Minshew has to go run around in the pocket again, and this is impaired because if they're in those third and long situations frequently, the takeaway ops are gonna you know, what do they say about adversity, It creates opportunities, Like there's gonna be plenty of adversity for this Raiders offense and plenty of opportunities for this Dolphins defense to present themselves over and over again. And my ideal game script that I would like to see, you know, complete performance in a true blowout that really gets the steam rolling here in the right direction. And I feel like that could really inspire confidence because again, it's just been such a grind the last like five or six weeks. You know that the two tight losses, the big win, the tight loss in Indye before two is return, the tight win before the bye, and then the two games without two of the like set football back thirty five years. Like it's been a lot of stressful football here in South Florida, and I think if you can beat them handily upfront on early downs, and the offense stays efficient and maybe creates a little more plays and plays a little bit cleaner than they did on Monday Night, the defense can turn this thing into a runaway by getting them into these obvious passing downs several times in this game. The Raiders run game success rate is thirty second in the NFL, in a full ten percent points lower than the thirty first ranked team, So keeping them down in that regard shouldn't be a problem, and it would go a long way towards making everything.
Speaker 2: Else I has talked about achievable.
Speaker 1: Now, all this said, I don't think it's a bad line in terms of the five individual parts. I love Jackson Powers Johnson. You guys know that he's been a good guard for them. Cody white Hair plays football, but he's keeping JPJ at guard where I think his futures at center. Colton Miller is probably their best guy at left tackle, but he's beatable. And then Thayer Munford has been in out of the lineup all year long, but when I watch him, he's got a ninety three point five pass block efficiency score and the reps where he gets beat, which is a lot.
Speaker 2: It's usually speed rushers.
Speaker 1: So hey, Chop, keep going, baby, keep proving those folks wrong. So I think Chops another in line for another big game here against this really bad Raiders offense. The running backs are Alexander Madison, who is like the definition of a jag. So Mere White can be font times but he's the number two behind Madison, and then a Mere Abdulla who's kind of like an ancillary role there. So it's bad, man, it's really, really, really bad. And guess what, let's go ahead and pivot before the break here because defense it ain't a lot better either. Things have changed with the injury to Christian Wilkins. We will not see him this week. He's on IR and will not have his window opened up before this game. But as Patrick Graham, who coached Christian here his rookie season, that calls the defense. So we know a lot more about this system than we knew about the Las Vegas offense. You'll get some heavy fronts, some of the same stuff we talked about from us against the Rams, with the bear and tight front. Where they go, they'll go, you know, three defensive tackles over the center and guards and play their walked up linebackers down off the edge and try to clog those interior gaps and free up your runners to sprint to the perimeter off the edge like a Devon Diablo or Robert splane. Now I'm doing some more background on coach Graham, and I'm literally reading a blurb about his Belichick influence and his first order of business is to find out what the opposition does well and take that away. So I think you can safely assume we'll see plenty of you know, three high looks, you know, cover three, cover six. I think we'll see minimal blitzing and forcing us to do what we've been doing in and taking the profit all the way down the field. And with you know, all of those influences in mind, it's kind of hard from a structure standpoint to classify it. Like if you look it up on True Media, they have it as sixty percent Nickel, eight percent diamond zero out of either base package. And that's because they unleashed defensive backs kind of like nobody's business. Like last week they had seven defensive backs play more than thirty percent of their snaps, So you get plenty of like dollar and a half dollar coverages with seven and eight defensive backs in the field and like a divine Diablo who plays like a hybrid linebacker safety role. And then not to mention, with no Christian Wilkins, they're trying to find enough guys and they're basically filtering in more defensive backs to replace their front seven that is awfully, awfully thin. And so I don't know, man like you'll get Amoba looks that we saw from Brian Flores back in those days, from Patrick Grhant back in those days. So the communication has to be good, but it has been good upfront, and their ability to bring rushers from different alignments I think is probably their best aspect of their defense and how it can create opportunities for Max Crosby, which of course is going to be a key we'll talk about here in just one second how to attack it. I mean, when the Rams had success on baron tight fronts, it was successful play fakes with Stafford on the boot and finding those crossers, and we saw Tua really add this throw on the move element to his game that could show open this game. So our ability to get the ball on the edge and then create some of those opportunities for ourselves and both the running pass game I think are there against this Vegas defense.
Speaker 2: Thing number one.
Speaker 1: Capitalize on overplay, and of course this is a key every single week, but if you go back to their game plan last year, they were adamant about not letting us get to the edge, especially with our cracked toss play where you'll basically have the tackle or tight end like take a track outside against outside zone, and the receiver or tighten comes back across the flow and crack back blocks the edge and they would find a way to cut under that kind of back door that crack toss and force us to bubble on the edge, and it created a lot of negative runs and runs for no gain. And they also will consistently buzz from two to high three looks like that means, you know, drop two or three safeties back and change which of those safeties comes down and plays that like fifteen yard hook coverage role where we love to feast in the middle of the football field. Not that dissimilar to what the Ramp did on Monday Night Football with some TENPA two elements as well, getting linebackers running. Vertical safety is running downhill. They're trying to find ways to populate the middle of the field. That's why Miami's ability to throw the ball to the perimeter like the League Washington play or I don't know, the Wattle sail route that he dropped like. Those throws are so critical because teams will typically give us that area of the field because they want to spam the middle of the field. And part of that is the Raiders propensity to play man coverage, especially when you get behind the sticks, and we've seen two in this offense hit their verticals against those looks, even with brackets on Tyreek, and especially if you can make them play pressman cover corner and miss, especially if that's in the boundary to your X receiver with no safety help over the top. I think I'll see the return of the home run ball for the Fins offense in this one. I have two bold predictions for this game. I'm not willing to say who it is or when, but I think we're gonna get a fifty plus yard touchdown pass in this game, one of those deep shots to Reek or Waddle maybe Obj. I don't know if you want that Bowl prediction. That's what I'm gonna go. The other one is I think we're gonna get four takeaways off the Raiders offense. That's my my two Bowl predictions, which tells you where I think the score is gonna be. Let's go ahead and take our last break right there, come back and do the other two big things to do for this Raiders defense or for this Dolphins offense against the Raiders defense. We'll also tell you what's at stake and predict the game with the keys to victory. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Autnation. Thing number two for the Dolphins offense against the Raiders defense. Make them play left handed and they're you know, that's not like to of left handed, but like if it was two am, they can play right handed. One of the best aspects of the Patrick Graham defense is the ability to disguise coverages. Again back to that Ted winner, They would make switches on the fly with adjustments through their top safety Trayvon Merrick, who's a very good player from TCU for in game situations. Like you'll hear Ted explain this on the Friday episode, but they essentially flipped their rotations from weak to strong because of how the Dolphins attacked them with some of those incuts, those intermediate incuts we.
Speaker 2: Love to operate with.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna see plenty of disguise and you're gonna have to to what that is. He's gonna have to be sharpen how he processes what he sees after the snap. It's also worth mentioning that the personnel is different. They're down Marcus Epps, which limits their ability to get to those three safety packages because they the typical dime safety is now a starter and he's struggling, and they haven't bumped that fourth safety into that role because he struggles too, the way you will with the third safety. So they've not been shy at all about bringing out droves of cornerbacks and playing four or five six cornerbacks at a time. Ted said on our interview that the linebacker depth has been a concern outside of Divine Diablo and Robert Spelaine, and there's some hesitancy to put the linebackers on the field beyond those guys, and that kind of has you thinking about how can you force him into that or for force him to play, you know, left handed against that look if they don't want to go with their deep personnel groupings. And it reminds me of the Bill scripts against that Nickel exclusive defense and how alec Ingole can sort of be the solution to that with his ability to go block cornerbacks off the edge all day long.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing here.
Speaker 1: Nate Hobbs is probably their best player on defense right now outside of Max Crosby. But if they stay light against our twenty one groupings and he's like a slot cornerback or even the twenty two groupings, then it could be three yards and a cloud of dust all day long. And instead of three yards, I'm talking about like seven to eight yards. And then for Graham, his challenge will be do I stick with what we do well because that would go against the principle of attacking what the opposing offense does best, but it would also get more players out there that maybe aren't his best. It's kind of a it's it's probably why they stink man, because they face that all the time. They just and also like I think we should play a lot sharper on offense because Tula can clean some things up, but also they don't have the athletes to prevent some of the big plays the way the Rams did, where we got some guys in space and they were able to rally up and make plays and prevent the explosive of the backside. And I don't think they've played that disciplined either. So I think Miami's gonna get their explosive offense really going in this game. And to do that, number three eyes on Crosby every single rep.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's that's all that matters. That they're gonna bring him on games, They're gonna rush from straight up. He was one of the He has one of the quickest first steps off the ball, he has one of the deepest arsenal of moves, He has the best motor in the entire National Football League, and he can take over games if given enough one on one on one opportunities. Now I doubt he sees those, given how we saw this coaching staff, and really that's how every offensive coach would approach a player of his caliber, by how they prepared for him on hard knocks. Last year, Crosby typically plays off the offense is right, So I think that you know slides that way and then trusting your best player on the offensive line in to Ron Armstead to block an island off the other side is probably a pretty frequent look we get in this one or some of those players where they pull like Lester Cotton around the backside and have him go help on the you know, tight end and double team that way, you know, and just have somebody attached to your right tackle all game, whether it's a tight end chip or running back chip, and just make him go around two guys or make him the unblocked defender on you your zone options in the running game, and just various ways to do this, like just take care of Max Crosby. It's really the only concern I have in this entire football game. What's at stake here the entire season. You have to keep winning. If you lose this game, it's over. And I think a blowout could do a lot for the team Psyche. So that makes me want to just go in here and just early man first draft touchdown, get a takeaway, making fourteen zip in the first quarter. Let's go into halftime like twenty four to three, and just have a fun second half. My range of outcomes, it's just a straight gas blowout dog. A one score game would feel like a loss it wouldn't because I don't care. We just need wins at this point. But with how I feel about this matchup and where I think this team can go, we talked about a lot last year.
Speaker 2: Typically good teams they have.
Speaker 1: Some blowouts on their you know, on their docket, like those Dolphins teams of old that ever blew anybody out. Even the teams that went to the playoffs and eight and sixteen, they didn't blow teams out. They just won by touchdowns by you know, making one more play in the fourth quarter. Like the good, the really good championship contenders blow some teams out on their schedule throughout the course of the year. This feels like one of those spots if you want to if you want to be that team, which you have to be to go seven to one here down the stretch and get into the playoffs, this is a team that you should beat by a lot of points. So I think we get three or more takeaways. I'm gonna call it four. I think we score early. I think we run the ball. I think that we get after minshew. I'm gonna go thirty eight to fourteen fifty yard touchdown reception from somebody or and four takeaways and a four possession wins sound good. Keys to victory make Minshew make very complex reads every single time he has the football. Number two identify raiders, coverage disguises. Just let's just not turn it over as well, it'll be nice. And number three key on Brock Bowers and Max Crosby on either side of the football. That's my time under thirty minutes right there. Well, we're gonna get it right in one second for a preview podcast tells you how much I just didn't really care about this team.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, rate review, follow me.
Speaker 1: On social at week of NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast my guys Seth and Juice check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities and Dolphins HQ. Check out Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, finns up, Calen and Cameron Daddy, he's coming. Help me