Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: There's so much to be thankful for over the holiday weekend, friends and family, food, and football, especially NFL. New customers at Draftking Sportsbook download the app full weekend of Action, Full week of action right now. Five bucks. New customers can bet just five bucks on the NFL to score one hundred and fifty bucks instantly in bonus bets. You bet five, you get one hundred and fifty money, lines, props, live bets, and so much more. No matter your appetite, there is something for you at Draftking Sportsbook. Download the app now. The code is Colin COOLi and new customers bet five bucks on the NFL and get one hundred and fifty bucks instantly in bonus bets only on Draftking Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NFL. The code is OHA's Colin co l I n. The crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net, New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort KS licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction Voyden, Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. C Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Basketball, terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources. So last time we were together, nig we had this thing where I said, if you could change one thing in.
Speaker 1: Sports, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Because I think both of us we love sports and we think about new ways to improve it.
Speaker 1: So last night that's the down the answer hard. Sorry, but I.
Speaker 2: Thought about this because we both loved the NBA, and I was thinking that the NBA over the last twenty years has lost some audience. Although they've picked it up on streaming and there's so many platforms now, younger people watch it differently than you know, linear TV and all that stuff, So the losses I think are overstated. It's still incredibly valuable, pulls me in, pulls my friends and all my friends of my age. Still got their teams. But I thought about this, it could help. So it takes a long time to become an icon. I would argue Lebron was not a true global icon until he was humiliated in Miami and then came back and won his first and that was really this, this crescendo it had built to. He was well known, he was most talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fine, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: It was when he joined the Stars, he lost and was humiliated, was the NBA's villain. Everybody loves a villain. And then he won the following year he's crying. It's like, okay, now he's global. Now he's nicon So it takes a long time, even if you're the best.
Speaker 1: And then almost got to a different level when he did it in Cleveland, did get to it, and that was a whole different thing. Yep.
Speaker 2: And so I thought, so what the NBA has always been was when it has its stars, who even magic Bird take a while to become iconic.
Speaker 1: Steph. Steph wasn't iconic when he won his first title pre KD. He wasn't Steph maybe honestly started interrupting. You could argue Steph wasn't truly iconic until the last ring he was he was he was going to be. I would argue the seventy three win season and then because it ended the way it did and then he didn't reach the mountaintop again, or that when he did reach the mountaintop again, it was alongside a guy of equal stature that like maybe he already was iconic, but Steph. What really cemented step in a different way was the title post KD when which, by the way, if anyone's been watching Jordan Poole lately, Steph gets you know what I know. I'm a Lebron guy. Steph has five rings now, Jordan bull as zero, stephez is and Jordan Bowles is five rings. But go ahead, sorry you were doing Yeah, that's been a mess.
Speaker 2: So I was thinking leagues do better when they have, especially star driven leagues, the English Premier League, the NBA, when they have iconic stars. I think the NBA and owners would have to sign off on this because short term they'd make less money.
Speaker 1: Is that if.
Speaker 2: Lebron Lebron James could win a title this year, if he had a three game first round series, a three game second, a five game conference and a seven game finals. When you ask Lebron to have a seven gamer and this team it's hard to sweep even crappy teams. So Lebron can't give you twenty great postseason games.
Speaker 1: He could give you eleven. Sure, he could give you eleven.
Speaker 2: And when I watched Lebron the other night in what was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen against Dylan Brooks where he was easily the best player on the floor and virtually unstoppable, and I'm like, oh, he can still do that. He cannot do it eleven. He cannot do it twenty one times in the postseason. Is that if you pulled back and people say, well what if stars would lose? Well, stars lose in March Madness. March Madness gets exceptional ratings because their sudden death is that you went to a three game series and another three the best players would still win.
Speaker 1: You'd start with two games home floor, whatever you had.
Speaker 2: To do, it would ensure that your biggest stars as they age, had a greater chance in singular games to be amazing. Injuries happen as you get older, lethargy, you lose energy. And I thought to myself, the NBA should and I think Darryl Morey has discussed this. Who share a page from March Madden, I mean March madn The quality of college basketball is awful, but March Madness gets big numbers on guys that can't play at a high level because of the urgency. So my takeaway is the NBA should consider shortening the series dramatically to elevate not just the urgency, but to extend Lebron Steph great old Slayers to win and.
Speaker 1: We are there's a funny thing, So I don't dislike that idea at all. There is also a funny thing that is happening because of what Lebron's doing. Right now, people don't no one is making the point what Stephan KD are doing is damn near unprecedented at their age because a guy so much older than them is doing what Lebron's doing. Steph is thirty five. He might be the best he's ever been. KD is thirty five. He is not quite the best he's ever been, but still the most reliable best player on that team. The only reason the Suns have a real chance is because he's there, obviously, alongside Devin Booker. When Booker's able to play which is not Those guys are not It is not normal for those guys. I mean, Michael Jordan was thirty six in his last game. It was he thirty six or thirty five his last game with the Chicago Bulls. He was. But again, like those coke things, people don't believe this. When I say it, I'm gonna, I want to make sure I get it exactly right. Kobe Bryant and was born in August of seventy eight, So the reason I'm saying that is this. And again keep in mind the context of of how old Stephen kd are. So he's born in August of seventy eight. Kobe Bryant the last playoff game he ever played. The last playoff game he ever played was in April of twenty twelve. So Kobe's last playoff game ever, he was thirty three. Kobe, who we feel like played and was great forever, was thirty three in his final playoff game. Stephen Durant are unbelievable at thirty five. Lebron turns thirty nine in forty days and is still there's not six guys in the league.
Speaker 2: Nick he'd make right now, he'd make all NBA first team, yes, year, right now.
Speaker 1: Right that's what absolutely listen, he is. There are a there is a very select few guys who have clearly surpassed him. It's Jokic, has Giannis has an embid in the regular season. Has I'd rather have thirty nine year old Lebron than em beating the postseason?
Speaker 2: I finally would no, But right now, all NBA first team would be Tatum's having a great year, sure, Jokic, Lebron, probably Luca, absolutely Luca, and.
Speaker 1: The other guard. Yeah. I mean, if you didn't have to do positions, I was gonna say Steph would be the other guard, and then like, yeah, the Giannis has to be on there as well, so maybe somebody. The point is, he's one of the guys. He's at that age, he's still one of the guys. And because he's doing it at this age, I mean, only six other guys ever played in year twenty one like the Lebron stuff is. And I tweeted about it that Dylan Brooks Knight. I was like, we are just he had back to back around thirty five point games on crazy high efficiency, and I'm like, man, Lebron, if we were to be like hey, year twenty or later. Show me any player the best thirty games in NBA history. Lebron's got like twenty six of them now the and last year. So last year, the oldest player in the league was Yodonis Haslom, who was a coach who they just left on the roster. Lebron is not like, you know, almost or he's literally now the did Guadella retired. He's literally the oldest player in the league, the oldest player, and I understand. I think the other thing that made us maybe a little numb to it, even though different sport is what Brady did, which is totally remarkable, and Brady is what he did, it's unimpeachable. It also feels to me different in that because he was a quarterback. The athleticism being an old guy, if you could stay upright, is totally different. Yeah, Lebron is doing fucking pardon me, chase down blocks. He is bullying Dylan Brooks. He like it was a big deal that Albern Shongoon, who's the hell of a player, muscled Lebron off the block for the game tying shot, And I thought, I'm like, Shingoon is a guy who's twenty two, who people are like, he's a future All Star and everyone's amazed that he was able to out muscle the oldest player in the league. It's just and I don't. I Yeah, you can get hurt and get dinged up people. This is one of those things people will clip and mean me for and make fun of me for. But I don't care. I just don't think he'll ever be bad. I don't see what he might. He's not always going to be this, but I don't see a scenario where he plays and he's bad like all the other legends. Jordan wasn't. To be fair, Jordan was never bad. Uh. He was inefficient at the end with the Wizards, wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. Kobe at the end rest his soul was bad. Dirk at the end was bad like most of the guys who played at the end.
Speaker 2: KG at the end with jar had bad posture, yeah, slumbering down.
Speaker 1: Jabbar was still really good almost to the end, but at the very end was bad. I yeah, I don't is I can't If he's this at thirty nine and year twenty one, even if he falls off by fifty, I don't know. I think he could just keep playing, and I don't think he'll be bad. I just don't think it'll ever be bad.
Speaker 2: I've never said anything I don't believe, but I do believe in being theatrical.
Speaker 1: I am a press's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And when I did the hat on backwards stuff, I believed it. I liked keep bringing it up because I thought it was so obnoxious and funny because we've all put our hat on backwards cleaning the garage or hitting a golf ball, like we've all done it. But I leaned into it. But I truly believed it that if you stand at the podium on Wednesday, that it does matter. You have the bank behind you, City Bank for the Baltimore Ravens. What you say and how you say it matters. It's why if a CEO goes on MSNBC and looks drunk or tired, the stock price goes down.
Speaker 1: Like it matters.
Speaker 2: You're the face of the franchise. I'm gonna make the argument that in the history of the league, Jalen Hurts is the single best podium quarterback I have ever seen. Go watch the tape last night. He is so insanely articulate, so succinct, so the words almost manicured.
Speaker 1: I mean I watched him. I'm like, I've never looked that good. That's that and by the way, you it's it's incredible. And people people, it's increble. People make make fun of me. He is so good at the podium. I if I.
Speaker 2: Own the Eagles, I am like, that's my face of the franchise. He is so buttoned up, so on point, so respectful, and I I've never seen even Brady had days where he looked like a disheveled or I've never seen, by the way, and it matters.
Speaker 1: It matters, it that matters, and you know, it's so Colin. This came up actually in the commercial break of our show today because in we played sound from Hurts and we played sound for Mahomes and during the one of the commercial breaks, Wild said he was like, Mahomes is one of the only quarterbacks in the league that after this stretch for his team. When Mahomes was like, I believe in these receivers, we will get it right, where he was like, I totally believe him, Like that what Mahomes the Mahomes believes he will fix this. And then with Hurts, every time Hurts talks were like, well that was perfect, you the perfect and you. One of your old bits that actually was used it as an FS one commercial was the quarterback face thing that the better looking kid gets more snaps, and then it leads to all these things. Them being the quarterback, him being good looking helps matters. This goes back to the charisma thing I was saying about the movie stars. And if people think we're overstating it, the flip side is go watch Mac Jones at the podium. You know, oh my god, he doesn't he It's not that he thinks his team is comod or whatever. He is questioning am I any good? And it is. It is oozing out of him, just absolutely losing out of him. So like Jalen, I think Jalen, I didn't actually hear this take on your show today because I didn't consume any of your show today except the part I was on because I was in mourning from my chiefs. But I I think Jalen, I don't want to. I don't want to say he's getting a pass this year because he's not playing poorly, so he doesn't need a pass. But Jalen, in my opinion, and maybe it's because his knee is hurt. Despite the Eagles being nine to one, his play has taken a hit from where it was last season. And I truly believe one of the reasons in a world where we criticize everyone, especially quarterbacks, there is almost no jail and hurts criticism is because everyone respects him so much and looks at him and is like, yes, oh, I believe in him. I believe in that kid.
Speaker 2: I saw a video of him, and I try to stay off X but I saw a video of him with I think a date or a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: She was gorgeous, and I looked at him and I was like, that guy. He looked if you told me.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's running, he's a CEO. It tonight is a Foundation dinner.
Speaker 1: He looked, so you'd believe it professional. It was a date.
Speaker 2: And I got to tell you, and I've said this, there are certain people that are just better in front of people I and I know I got shit for years. It matters that Carson Wentz had on backwards. Not good enough, It's not good enough.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm glad you said the thing you said off the top, which is we say what we believe, and if we truly believe it. This is I couldn't speak for you. For me, I say what I believe, and if I am steadfast in that belief and it generates a reaction, I really lean into it. If I know, if I am, if I am so in a total non you know, different, totally different than the hurts thing or the hat on backwards thing. I I know my opinion on brock Party irritates people, but I believe it in the marrow of my bones. So I talk about it, probably more often than I would have to, because to me, it threads the needle of its topical. I deeply believe it and generates reaction. The the thing what I found so interesting about not to rehash shit from eight years ago, however long it was, but the blowback to your backwards hat thing, as you put it, is every single person, to varying degrees, agrees with you, not to like, not on the specific necessary trigger of a backwards hat, but the point of if you are the face of my franchise, running my company, the forward facing guy, how you present yourself not only matters but tells me about how much I can trust you. That is a universally accepted tenet of life, and whether or not people actually thought a backwards hat was actually actually these days, Colin, it's like a pinky ring. It's fine, like whatever. That wasn't the point, But there there's a lot of the Let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you this, if I was hiring Logan, Swain runs the volume, Logan retires, or Logan moves on, Logan makes a great living, from me, if you were interviewing for that job, which pays a lot of money, would you show up with a hat on backwards for the interview? So even if you push back on it, you know, that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, you know, the and the it is, So I don't the and I don't actually even think the specifics matter because the backwards hat could also be uh ripped jeans or like that in that instance, that's specific instance of I'm showing up to a job interview, or like I thought personally that you know, so Cam Newton I thought unfairly caught shit for his fashion sense. And the reason I thought it was unfair is, uh, he clearly put a lot of thought into it. You can't. I wouldn't. I'm not like Philip Rivers wore a bolo tie. Nobody cared Cam's wearing a feather boa. You might say he's a little eccentric, whatever it is, but it wasn't halp hazard of thrown together the Carson Wentz stuff. It's like, oh, that seems haphazard.
Speaker 2: That seemed absolutely the It bothered me a lot when I saw Carson Wentz once with a hat backwards. I'm like, you're mailing in so you have no respect for the bank behind you, the owner of the coach you are mailing it in. This isn't a duck hunting trip. But and the and where on the wins thing? Again, I can't believe we're talking about this. It's fundy, like ultimately vindicated in my opinion. Is that picture that he allowed to be taken of him practicing with the four different teams he's been on wearing Yeah, it's like, oh, you don't get it, buddy, Like people see that. I think teams see that, and are they obviously know you played for those teams, But there is to be an instant reaction of oh, what do all those teams have in common? They all had you in the building and couldn't wait to get you out of it, and like that, And it's almost and you don't get that that is actually something.
Speaker 1: Working against you, you know what I mean? You don't understand that that is a negative for you, Like I I do think one of the things you used to say maybe you still do, but you say all the time. And I'm gonna butcher it, but that the shorthand version of it is, there's get it guys and don't get it guys. I don't know what just what you actually.
Speaker 2: I use say people that don't get it, don't get they don't exactly right.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. And there are certain I believe things that have nothing to do with race, wealth, class, anything. It's purely do you understand wherever you're at, the environment that you're in and what that calls for, and are you able to in those environments adjust anything up to an including how loudly you speak, do you or do you not curse? How you present yourself? Those things are to me very telling traits of people. And if I you know, I haven't got I mean, I can't even imagine like being on a date, but the because it's been married for so long even though I'm actually getting married. Uh, the if if if when you would were first meeting someone and they you happen to be like in an elevator with an elderly person. I know this sounds ridiculous, but just follow me and they casually dropped like, uh, either talked something sexual or dropped an f bomb with like an old lady standing there and be like, oh, you don't get it, Like, oh you don't you don't understand your environment about that. There are just certain things right or wrong that just everybody who gets it knows, well, you don't do that, you don't like you know what I mean, the first time you meet someone, comment on you know, make fear. There's just certain things and I think you're That was the point I believe I always believed you were making about the backwards hats, which became a really a symbol for are you going to represent me and my company the way I want you to represent me? And to circle back to Jalen Hurts, I think he is. You say he's the best ever. He's certainly the best in the league. He's the best in the league, and I can't think of someone who was better at it. I think that is totally correct, totally correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, let me maybe this is a bridge too far. But do you think it's coincidental that he understands time and place so well Off field? He's also situationally not only one of the great chess pieces we've ever had at quarterback, he's a marvelous situational quarterback. He doesn't throw the prettiest ball, he's not the fastest. Situationally, he's so he it transcends, so what I think field on he gets.
Speaker 1: So what I'm most impressed by Jalen is Jalen And I don't know, uh, you know about his high school career, but he ended up being the starting quarterback at Alabama, so I imagine he's pretty oldah, and that shit went left on him just flatly did in really the most publicly embarrassing way possible. Whether he didn't seem to view it that way at the time, but a lot of people did that, like, Oh, that was the worst that's kind of the worst case scenario. You're at Alabama the starting quarterback, they consider you kind of the weak link. You get benched, and then the guy who comes in throws the game winning touchdown. It's like, oh, you're out, Like that's kind of sucks. He and maybe This is credit to people around him. I don't know who's around him, or maybe it's just his own intuition. I don't know. He took all that information and had a lot of options. I can fight my way out of here, I can, I can quit, I can rasistink and he I think selflessly, maybe for the team, but also selfish, not in a bad way. What was best for him was no, I'll stay. I'll stay and show that I'm available. That's what's best for me and my career. And then after I do that and everyone I have now universal approval. Everyone is like what And it got to come on the field if I remember correctly and helped him out when TWA got hurt, you know, did that stuff. Then he's like, all right, what what's the smartest move next? Let me go play for someone that could accentuate that I can throw, because that's what everybody doubts. Yeah, okay, let me go do that. And then once he does that and he gets his shot in the NFL, Okay, what is the way for me to show these guys that I am valuable? The real deal? All of it? Well, one thing is, and again I don't know him at all, so maybe I'm assigning things to him, but this is what happened. As far as the timeline of it, Well, they had drafted a quarterback super high who they got rid of because everybody hated them in part there's other reasons. So let me be the ultimate guy, leader, forward facing guy, and when it comes to how I play, my style will be what do you need? What do you need? You want me to get beat up the way a quarterback really doesn't get beat up. You want to design a signature play that the strategy behind it is seventeen of the twenty two people on the field hit me from different angles. I will not complain. And guess what it led to a second round pick who got bingched in college to having a quarter of a billion dollar contract and the entire football world respecting it. So that's like, that's not coincidence, man, that is not it. And that is a level of forethought and intellect that we don't typically assign to athletes, Like, no, this wasn't happenstance or chance. It was there, Like Josh Allen Mahomes, I happen to think Mahomes is actually incredibly, incredibly bright. I think Josh maybe gets in his own head too much. But those guys their raw physical ability. As long as they were given a chance to just show it, yea, it was going to It wasn't going to go super left on them at all. Like even with Josh he had two terrible years with not a lot of help all those things. He was so physically gifted, he was going to be able to show it. There were Colin, there were ten different forks in the road where Jalen Hurts never starts a single game at quarterback in the NFL, never for a single game, and he just kept choosing correctly. Yeah, I'm I'm impressed by the kid. It's gonna be so sad when the Chiefs beat him in the Super Bowl. I find him so easy to root for.
Speaker 2: There's just have you ever interviewed when I watch?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I just I mean again, I try to. I always see myself as the judge fans of the jury. Uh you know the sports figures are the prosecuting attorney.
Speaker 1: In the DA right, like I'm the judge.
Speaker 2: I find it impossible not to root for Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: Impossible. You should say this, I would like because here's the one thing I don't think I've obviously not during the season. I would just the more I think about it, Like, I don't think I've seen like a long form sit down forty like in the world of podcasts and you know where you can do these things. I don't know if I've seen like a forty five minute conversation with Jalen Hurts, I'd be interested, you know what I mean, just like that's a that's a guy i'd be interested in, because I would also be interested in like those guys. I always wonder My favorite question, it's a cliche question. I didn't come up with it, but like what age did you know you were special? Like at what age were you? Like, oh, like, not only could I, you know, be a great athlete, but I can be a pro athlete, Like at what age and how early were you like trying to like plan for this life, you know what I mean, like making decisions and root to it, because he seems like a planner. He seems like someone that had it very meticulously laid out because it wasn't going to be given to him because physically and skill set wise, he's a tweener, you know. Jalen Hurts is like a tweener on a lot of these things. There's no question that he fell to the second just on just on size. Yeah, you know, stature.
Speaker 2: That leads me. We'll close with this leads me to something I've talked about with people before. People talk about the greatest quality of successful people, and I absolutely believe, without a shadow of a doubt, it's resilience. And my example is always Michael Jordan. So, Michael Jordan was arguably the best looking player. Bobby Knight said he was the best basketball player he'd ever seen, carried weight, most stylish, most clutch, most gifted, and people knew it instantly in the NBA. And yet when you watch that documentary, it was a he had to fight with his owner, fight with his GM. And I've told my kids that he literally was the most stylish, the greatest talent, strong, family, completely formidable, winning.
Speaker 1: Even after three He's like, I'm going to go to baseball is too much the.
Speaker 2: GM and him battled the owner, Rhyan Storg. It was a horrible one sided contract. And then at the end in Washington, the fight Jordan had to get ownership. Just the nonsense he dealt with. And I tell people this all the time, look how.
Speaker 1: Hard it was for Michael.
Speaker 2: Literally the basketball gods gave him the hand size. I mean, just perfect facial symmetry, style, great sense of humor. Cool, I mean, like not all basketball players that are good are cool. Jordan was, Yeah, I said this the other day. Lebron maybe bettered to many people. Michael made me feel a certain way. Sure Lebron doesn't. Michael made me feel something. That's what great politicians do. And yet Michael battled twy, retired early, try retired twice.
Speaker 1: Three times he battled. And I think.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts is a great example of this. But we can talk more, Jordan. Is that I mean God Jokic, second round Jannis, late developer, Steph Curry, too small, Davidson. I don't think we realize Peyton Manning is one of the only five star, number one high school, number one college, number one pick.
Speaker 1: Great. I mean it is a list of about three human beings. It doesn't. I think there's a few hockey players, Tiger Harper.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's it's like six people. Is that resilience is really the key to it? Are you thick skinned? Do you use that jet fuel that chip to elevate you, not corrode your talent. And I think that's that's what hurts has and it's what Jordan really uh embodies that even if you get the gifts, that's.
Speaker 1: So, let me ask you the Let me just like as you said as we're closing, let me give you a I don't want to say a counterpoint, but maybe in addendum to that, yeah, resilience and slash or never being satisfied. Like what I think in almost any industry separates the good from the great. Are the best people I've ever met in anything are always focused on what they are striving for still at this point. And the people who maybe could have been in that area are the people who actually reach a finish line and say made. And that to me is the That to me is the and by the way, the people who take a deep breath and say made, it might be happier. They might be you know what I mean, That might be better in a lot of ways. I don't know, but the the and I know I put you in a weird spot sometimes I don't mean to, but where I use you as an example on things, but this, this enterprise is an example to be honest of what I'm talking about. Like you, you reached I believe the pinnacle. You don't have to say it, but certainly the pinnacle adjacent of the profession of what you've done, dedicated your life to. And you didn't say fucking look at me. You said, what, Okay, If I've reached this pinnacle, let me create, let me do see what's next. You created a company and you're trying to do that. And my guess is, if at one point, you know, you moved on from the volume or whatever, they'd be in different thing. I don't know what. It would be, a real estate magnate or something, but whatever it is, I I think I think Lebron Lebron. It's not only that he's still playing, it's that he has made it very clear. Yeah, and then I want to own a team. And by the way, I don't think he's gonna be hands off. I think that, you know, whether he will admit this or not, I think somewhere in Lebron's psyche is well, if people think like me and Jordan are a coin flip, does it break the tie If I'm an owner that wins championships and he was the worst ever? Maybe like you know what I mean, like do I and so magic? Uh? You know, one of the greatest players in the history of the league, one of the most famous people ever. I beat a disease that at the time no one did not satisfied. How about I become you know, a billionaire off business so many of like these these folks it is and that is to me, like it's almost self feeling prophecy. It's why they became them, because they had that in them from the beginning. It's why that the the the almost pathological need to always be attempting to accomplish a goal is what distinguishes. And to your point about resilience, being able to overcome all the bullshit that comes in your way and not and this is the last point I'll make. And not even when it would be legitimate to say ever allow yourself to believe it wasn't meant to be you know what I mean, Like, nope, it has to be meant to be.
Speaker 2: Well, Martin Scorsese is still still to this minute looking for the perfect script trying to make movies. Is that it's it's the Irishman was not the final one. Is that he's moved by the art he's challenged by making the perfect scene of the perfect movie.
Speaker 1: Like I told it was on my ex wife, who.
Speaker 2: I we get along with fine, it's it's pleasant. One time she said to me she was a really good try athlete, just a college basketball player, good athlete, and she said, you know, with my career because we'd moved. She said, when isn't enough for you?
Speaker 1: And I? And I said when do you stop running? Well? Right, I said, this is in my blood.
Speaker 2: I will talk until and this is I don't know the platform, this is, this.
Speaker 1: Is and then and then we we should leave because we're talking too long. But when Colin says he'll talk, this is my favorite story to tell about you. And I don't know if you know I tell it, but there it doesn't happen so much any pre volume before you add the volume. I and it was the first couple of years I lived in New York. I you know, I would get off the air and your show was the two shows after mine, because I was in the mornings. Then Skip was on, UH was Shannon, and then you were on. And so I would get off the air and I would eat and I'd take a nap. That was basically every single day, and i'd take a nap right around the time your show started, so I wouldn't always know if you were on or off the air, except I did know, because like clockwork, if you had a day off, not because you were going out of town, but because you were pre empted. I got a phone call and you didn't even say huh. You just launched into a take because there was something in you. It would be like it would be like, oh, Colin must not be on the air today, and I'd answer and he'd be like, so, here's the thing, and you would just go and I was like, that's but that's why he's Colin Coward, because he had this this thing in him. He knew I would be a rapt audience. And those phone calls, I don't know if you remember him, but I remember him vividly. They weren't conversations. They were just us kind of like a tennis like like tennis partners batting takes back at each other. You would give me a take, I would give you one back. We'd go back and forth and then and then he'd be like, all right, talk to you later, and I'm like, okay. He got it out of his system. I was like, that's why he's Colin Coward. That's true.
Speaker 2: My wife sometimes, you know, it doesn't happen much anymore. I'll tell the story with some therapy down the road that we we several years ago we had hit a really neat place.
Speaker 1: But we don't argue much. We laugh a lot.
Speaker 2: But she occasionally, you know, once twice a year, we'll get into it and she'll go.
Speaker 1: I'm not a caller on your phone. Oh my god, so hold up. Maybe this will happen at the wedding. I don't know. Maybe we'll come to la my wife, and then we do have to go because now we're talking about our wives or two cocktails and it's too much. My my wife when we argue and it's you know, it's not a lot, but it's more than twice a year, says and I quote, I'm not Bruce Hard like I'm not. And she's like, you want to argue. I don't you argue for a living? I don't want to. She was like, you just want it, like when you're not on TV, I'm not your co host, Like that is so yeah, I'm not a caller. That is Anne and Danielle I guarantee if they got in a room without the two of us they're just to talk, they would have the same stories, just from different vantage points. It's unbelievable. That's great. Yeah, they don't, they don't. They don't suffer fools. There's no bullshit with either of them at all. Absolute. I love you, man. We'll do this again very soon. The volume