Speaker 1: So move over, marilynd Man. There's now Brooklyn Man. Do you remember that guy who raped a corpse on a Manhattan subway. His name is Felix rojas Been. He was charged with rape and grand larceny. He's now under an ice detainer, but the media is calling him Brooklyn Man. So why is the media doing this? When did they get so insane? My friend and college Julie Banderaz with Fox News has a surprising take on that You're gonna want to hear it. We'll also talk about her latest children's book with Brave Books. It's called The Monumental Mistake. It sort of plays off of when we saw the statues being taken down and the left's desire to rewrite history. Some lessons in that for children. We'll get into that book with Julie and so much more. She's fun, she's entertaining, She's one of my favorite people at Fox News. Trust me, you're gonna want to hear this interview. Stay tuned for my friend and colleague Julie Banderas banders, I just want to start this episode by telling you that I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you. I'm so happy we're here together.
Speaker 1: You are one of my favorite people at Fox, and I know every time we were on together, it's going to just going to be so much fun. And I know that whoever is running the studio is going to get mad at us because we're going to giggle during the commercial breaks and uh, we're just going to have the best time.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Well, and also like get mad at us when we don't wrap when they tell us to rap, because we get too into our conversations exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I love you because you're you're smart, obviously, but you don't like take yourself overly seriously. You know, you're able to have fun, crack some jokes, and it's just I know it's always going to be so much fun, So I love you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard to take anything seriously these days, including myself.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this.
Speaker 3: News cycle is the news cycle is always entertaining, so why not make it more fun by making fun of each other at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, in part, like the.
Speaker 1: Media has sort of become a parody, right because they don't even try telling us the truth anymore. Like, I don't know if you saw there's this legal alien Felix Rojas. He's the guy that raped a corpse on the Manhattan Subway. He's charged with rape and ground larceny, and they were calling him a Brooklyn man the media, not the guy who raped the corpse, but just you know, just like they did with the Maryland man alleged MS thirteen member, right.
Speaker 3: And yes, he's not a Brooklyn man. He's an illegal immigrant. If you're a Brooklyn man, that means that you were from New York and he's not. So it's just another illegal immigrant who was probably busted into New York City thanks to our genius democratic leaders.
Speaker 2: And so he's not a Brooklyn man, and.
Speaker 3: He should seriously be deported immediately, but first charged with his crime. But of course in New York City they don't really punish people for crimes. They book them and then they release them and then they reoffend. So that's that's New York City for you. I can't imagine why you moved to Florida.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: Wait, you know, I mean we'd love to have you join us. You know, the water's warm. Literally, I love.
Speaker 2: Well, I love Florida, you know that. So yeah, that would be way too much fun. I don't know if I could handle us living.
Speaker 3: We would never make it into work, Are you freaking kidding me? Like that would be that would be the end of our careers. We'd have to just start like a podcast full time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd be like, you guys need to move away from each other. But like, it just points out the absurdity of the media these days and the fact that like they just I don't know how they can keep a straight face with the lies that they Like at what point did this start happening Because you've been working in the media for a long time. You started with local news and then went over to Fox, Like is it just the Trump ears or like when did you start noticing where like the media just didn't even bother telling the truth anymore?
Speaker 2: It was It's.
Speaker 3: Always been bad. I mean obviously under Bill Quick believe it or not. I was in the television industry, so there was a major you know, cover up back then. And that was back in my very early TV years, like my first television job. I remember the whole Bill Clinton scandal and a lot of people trying to cover up for him. But it's just been like a downward spiral ever since then. I would say that the very worst though, has been in since twenty sixteen, since Trump took office, because it's just the hate in.
Speaker 2: This country has never been deeper.
Speaker 3: Like you never saw hate against Bill Clinton for having sex with a woman in his office and having an affair in the White House. Like there wasn't really that big of an outcry. It was kind of like, oh, that's just Bill being Bill. But it's amazing that since then, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Just so much different.
Speaker 3: Like the political divide in this country is so much different.
Speaker 2: And it's not.
Speaker 3: About just criticizing the president, the current president and lacking respect of the highest office in the land, but.
Speaker 2: It's also hating anyone who supports that person in office. Like that's the part that really blows my mind.
Speaker 3: It's one thing if you don't support the president that's in the office, Okay, fine you didn't, you didn't elect them, but get over it.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got to win, somebody's got to lose.
Speaker 3: You lost, Fine, you don't agree with all their policies, fine, But to hate every single person that you know that voted for that person is ludicrous. And it's ever since Trump was voted into the White House. If you're maga and I hate that people have to associate anyone who's supported Trump as MAGA. Basically, you're a Republican and if you vote the Republican candidate, God forbid, and you make it known you're going to get you're gonna get hate depending on what part of the country you're in. That's what That's what the society has become. It's really gross. The political divide is worst than I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: But Julie, Bill Clinton told us I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell me that he did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to tell you that politicians lie. And I know it's so surprising, and I'm surprised that the media even covered it back then and didn't try to cover it up and make some sort of excuse like I don't know, Monica Lewinsky tried to attack him and he was just on the defense.
Speaker 2: But I mean, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: And you know, back then, I don't remember a bunch of Republicans saying, oh, I hate Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: They were just like, ow gross.
Speaker 3: You know, and he should be he should be impeached. But it wasn't let's go out and hate every Democrat that put him in office, do you know what I mean? Like, there's just such a double standard, Like when a Democrat screws up, we don't hate all the Democrats, we just dislike whatever that Democrat.
Speaker 2: Did in particular.
Speaker 3: But when a Republican does something wrong, every Republican is a piece of garbage. And I mean, that's actually how people feel.
Speaker 2: In this country.
Speaker 3: I really can't believe that people are that ignorant and stupid.
Speaker 2: But why do they get that.
Speaker 3: They get it from the mainstream media because the mainstream media feeds the public such bs and they actually buy it because they're that ignorant.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And then you watch all the mainstream TV shows like The View for example, you know, and they spew the same crap, and they have these celebrities on there who should never be talking politics spewing the same crap.
Speaker 2: So when you hear enough famous.
Speaker 3: People talk crap about a particular Republican party, a particular party in general, you're going to start to buy it because people don't know any better.
Speaker 2: So it's really the media's fault.
Speaker 3: I think a huge part of it is the media's fault for feeding lies to the American public, and the American public are buying it. Unless you're watching channels like Fox where we actually do cover both sides, or at least I do.
Speaker 2: We've got more with duey banderas first.
Speaker 1: Do you know, just like here in the US, Israel has their own Independence Day in case you missed it this year, Israel's Independence Day was a few days ago on May first. But for the people of Israel, freedom is nothing more than a daily struggle just to survive. There's no real peace, only terror, no joy, just suffering. Israeli government recognizes the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews for ongoing help to make sure the elderly, the sick, the wounded, soldiers, and impoverished families don't fall through the cracks. Your gift to the Fellowship today will provide life saving aid, medicine, hearty meals, safety and comfort for so many. I believe that when we bless the people of Israel, we unlock God's blessing in our lives as well. Show your support for Israel's independence by making a life saving gift today. Call to make your gift at eight eight eight four a eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four A eight four three two five, or go online at IFCJ dot org. That's IFCJ dot org. It's a totally double standard to your point, because I remember even when I worked on Capitol even back then, like if one person said some if one Republican said something like stupid or you know whatever, the media would go around to every single Republican in Congress and be like, do you agree with what so and so said? And then like someone on the left, like these Democrats can fire bomb at Tesla, and like the media is not going around being like do you do you support for the firebombing of Tesla or like the key right, it's like.
Speaker 3: It and there's no outrage, like there's neuro outrage. I mean, the Democrats are the one that we're pressing for electric cars.
Speaker 2: I mean it was it was under Obama.
Speaker 3: That they started even talking about Joe Biden wanted to press people and force people into electric cars. And then in fact they were threatening that they were going to get rid of gas guzzlers because everybody should be driving electrics. So it's Democrats who were setting each other's cars on fire.
Speaker 2: That's how stupid they are.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just absolutely ridiculous. And you think you're hurting Elon Musk, You've got to be kidding me. No, you're hurting your fellow Democrat who voted Joe Biden into office and told you to buy an electric car, you moron.
Speaker 2: That's what they are.
Speaker 1: Well, And I remember after the election too, I think it was Axios had this article about like Trump supporters come out of the shadows, and I was thinking.
Speaker 2: To myself, like they should have never had it.
Speaker 1: Been in the shadows in the first place, Like this is America, and like they created this environment where somehow, just because you supported President Trump, like what you're supposed to have shame or something, you know, like the beauty of this election as we found out that there's more, you know, Trump supporters, there's more people that support common sense than not. But you know, they just created this environment where, you know, obviously they labeled President Trump of so many things and then extended that to his supporters as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think some celebrities actually did come out in favor of him. So I think that helped somewhat because I think even liberal Hollywood was starting to get sick and tired of the Biden policies, and they looked at the state of California, for example, and they were thinking, Oh my god, what in the world has our great state become.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was supposed to be this, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like star studded state with a bunch of you know, celebrity stars, and now it's.
Speaker 2: Become a homeless shelter.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I guess that's when they finally wake up and realize, oh, so the people that we voted into office are actually just ring our states so much so that so many people are moving out of the state of California. But it's a little too late. They voted these people into office and they're the ones that are actually destroying their cities. And it's all the democratic cities that are a mess, and it's going to take forever to go back.
Speaker 2: And clean them up. And the deportation plan.
Speaker 3: Under trus you know, President Trump obviously is a great start, but we're still seeing stories like you just said, the Maryland a legal immigrant, and the one in Brooklyn, and the list goes.
Speaker 2: On and on. So I mean, this is just so past due to clean up the mess.
Speaker 3: And I can't understand why Democrats can't actually acknowledge the fact that what Trump is doing is good for this country and not bad. They're actually defending you know, the guy that was sent off to El Salvador.
Speaker 2: You know, they're crying over this.
Speaker 3: Man, thinking that he should be let back into this country. Oh, let's bring him back so that he can beat his wife again. I mean, the guy is charged with domestic violence, and they're more concerned about the fact that he was deported. I mean, crimea river you could stay in also, I mean, we'll not be making it back into this country because this administration isn't going to cower to the pressure of liberals who are thinking that this was some sort of unjust act. You know what's unjust beating and kicking your wife, that's unjust.
Speaker 2: They should be more concerned about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't understand that, like wanting secure borders, it's not like a racial thing.
Speaker 2: It's not, you know, it's just and.
Speaker 1: That's something that we collectively and mutually decided as a country. And even so much so where you had you know, President Trump getting some of the best numbers with Hispanics in a long time for a Republican because every American came together and they said, you know what, we want our scarce resources to go to American citizens. And we saw that in places like Springfield, Ohio, where you know, you had this influx of Haitian migrants and city resources were being drinked, or even here in a city like New York with a lot of resources, where we had Eric Adams being like, oh yeah, like maybe this isn't the best idea because we're going to go bankrupt as a city. But and you know, still somehow doubling down on being a sanctuary city.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know, it's just madness.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the woke culture that has totally dominated politics, and it's made politicians who want to get reelected afraid to stand up.
Speaker 2: For what's right.
Speaker 3: And you know, again, denouncing illegals coming into this country doesn't mean or make.
Speaker 2: You a racist. It makes you want to secure our.
Speaker 3: Borders, you know, to protect our society. The same as when you say that you know, a trans female shouldn't be competing against other women when they are a biological man. That's not hating trans, that's not anti LGBTQ, that's not homophobic.
Speaker 2: That's just fair.
Speaker 3: But you know, God forbid that you're fair and you want the best for your country and the best for your society, because then that makes you a hateful person.
Speaker 2: But you know, the ones that are really hating out there are actually the Democrats.
Speaker 3: And that's why they're such hypocrites, because they reach that the Republicans are hateful and that they hate certain demographics, they hate minorities.
Speaker 2: No, that's not it. They're protecting America, and America.
Speaker 3: Is built of not just white people, it's built of minorities. This is a country, it's it's a melting pot. So it's just talking on the two sides of the mouth, and I can't even take it anymore. The hypocrisy is just it's beyond beyond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we saw a lot of minority communities and inner cities very upset that their resources were being diverted to people who you know, shouldn't didn't do the right way, shouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: But talking about all the nonsense, So you have.
Speaker 1: A new children's book out sort of you know, playing off a little bit and telling a story a monumental mistake. And when we saw a period of time where you know, monuments were being taken down where the left they were trying to erase the past. I mean, I remember I was at a dinner one time and someone tried to like start a fight with me, and I was like, well they tried destroying I was like, the Left tried to destroy a one hundred and twenty year old oak statue and downtown Portland, Like, please tell me how that result like that that solves anything, you know, So tell me a little bit about your book monumental mistake and you know how you got the idea for it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean ever since I had kids, and I now have three, they're all mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the respect factor is lacking severely.
Speaker 3: And I've always recognized the fact that children are not taught respect the way that we were taught respect when we were kids.
Speaker 2: And it really really bothers me.
Speaker 3: But I've always hammered it into my kids' heads that, you know, we have to respect each other, we have to respect our peers, we have to respect authority, teachers, police officers. On New Year's Eve, when I lived in New York City, I used to take my kids down to the streets every single night before midnight or right after the clock struck midnight, and we would walk up to every officer that we could find, and there were tons because I lived right on Central Park. By times square and everyone would go you know, my kids would go up to them and say, thank you for your service. You know, show respect to the people that are protecting you. Share respect for your country, share respect for the people that came before you, that actually earned you the right to have the freedoms that we have and we enjoy every day in this country. And that's the problem in this country is that, first of all.
Speaker 2: Nobody respects each other. You know, nobody respects each other if they disagree with one another.
Speaker 3: And that is a real hard lesson that our children are learning because they're watching they're watching their parents spew hatred about maybe if they're a Democrat and they don't like Republicans, and they're telling them, oh, don't be friends with anyone whose parents voted for Trump because Trump is bad. So we're instilling all these really negative, awful values in our children. And these are children that are eventually going to grow up and be the ones protesting at colleges like these protests that we've been seeing since October seventh. So this is a time where parents need to buckle down and actually teach their children the values and the morals that really started this country.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know where they went, but.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be old fashioned to be polite to say thank you and yes sir and no man. That shouldn't be an old fashioned, you know ideology, the woke ideology is what is stripping Americans and their children of respect. And I think it's time to just get back to that that base, which is unfortunate that it seems to lack in every single school right now.
Speaker 1: And so the story it tells the story of Fiona is the lioness, Moby is the bear, Arthur is the lion, and then Cassius the tiger.
Speaker 3: Very good, yes, And so basically they get into conflict because a couple of the characters disrespect a monument, like you said, And that's another example of what happens in this country where maybe a monument stands for something that happened in the past, but you know, people that live in present day don't care about the history that brought them to where we are today. So then they started, you know, disrespecting it, defacing.
Speaker 2: It, throwing rocks at it, and so forth.
Speaker 3: And a couple of their friends were trying to tell them and correct their behavior by telling them that's wrong. You shouldn't be doing that, et cetera. And they got mad at them, and they continue doing it. In the end, I won't give it away, but a monster comes out and they are certainly they learn their lesson that what they did came back to bite them, and they eventually not only ask for forgiveness, which I think is also very important if you do disrespect somebody, to make sure you ask for forgiveness, but they learn their lesson to respect history, to respect that statue that stood for something very important in their town and their life, and also to respect their friends who were telling them, you know, not to do what they were doing, because they knew what they were doing was wrong, and they were very rude to them as well. So, I mean, it's a cute story, but I think the best way to really teach children's stories and lessons is through stories. So I think once you show people show kids a story, they kind of use that and they apply it to the real life. So hopefully the story will help. At the end, there's also a bunch of fun activities and games and so forth where families can actually interact with one another. Get your kids off the iPad and actually talk to them and teach them lessons that you can find in my book.
Speaker 2: Also, you can get it on bravebooks dot com.
Speaker 1: By the way, how hard is it being a parent today?
Speaker 2: You know what's hard being a parent is.
Speaker 3: Actually being a parent with children who are among peers that don't know how to behave. Because if my children were to just stay at home and I just homeschooled them, I would have no problem because they wouldn't be influenced by negative, you know, negative behavior, and so they wouldn't know better. But obviously I'm not going to do that. I have a job, and I also believe in socializing, and I believe it's important for kids to go to school. And I also learned during the pandemic that I could never homeschool full time or I would absolutely go nuts and become a raging alcoholic. But aside from that, I think that it's hard because you don't know what other parents are teaching your kids. And your kids go to school and they come home and God only knows what they've learned from some other kid whose parent has made filled their heads with something that I don't necessarily want my kids learning.
Speaker 2: I will say it's.
Speaker 3: Easier because my kids go to private Catholic school, so I don't have to worry so much so about them learning inappropriate stuff in school, Like they don't have books about sex. I mean, sex is not something that's discussed in my kids' school, But in a lot of public schools, I would be. I wouldn't be mortified because they're teaching this sort of stuff in kindergarten. I would die if my kids came home and knew about that, just based on a conversation.
Speaker 2: With another child. So there's a little more innocence in my school.
Speaker 3: But that's what's mostly concerning nowadays, is that kids are way too grown up, way too fast. I like preserving innocence. The other thing is my kids don't curse. That's like a thing, which I know is hard to believe, considering I talk like a sailor. But I remember when I was in seventh grade, I was so innocent. I didn't even know what the curse word is that starts with the letter S and NZ and T. I was on a bus and a kid said to me, but you don't know what this word is. I swear I had no idea, And I was like, oh, what, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know that word.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell you, but I love the fact that I did put that into my kids. Like I don't let my kids curse. I don't even let them say the word hate. They actually say I h word that if they really dislike something. They'll even my fifteen year old till this day will be like, Mommy, I really h word that.
Speaker 2: That's how innocent my kids are. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just wish more parents would try to instill that in a sense, because it will translate into more responsible, respectable.
Speaker 2: Adults, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I've got a great story to tell you. It's heartwarming, it's refreshing, but most importantly, it's true. So picture this. A leady named Phyllis walks into the neighborhood pharmacy in Colonia, New Jersey, and she asks the pharmacist for an antioxidant cream for her wrinkles. Now, the pharmacist says, look, I don't have what you're looking for right now, but I'll compound one for you come back tomorrow. So Phyllis gets the cream, she uses it for three days. She goes to her dermatologists appointment, and the dermatologist, just by looking at her thinks that she's gotten work done. Now Phil's goes and tells everyone about the pharmacy and the pharmacist who makes this magical cream. And that's believe it or not, how Genucell Skincare was born. And that was twenty five years ago. Genucell has shipped millions of orders, yet they still have that same philosophy of antioxidants, same natural base, and same chef in the kitchen mentality. Celebrating twenty five years, Genucel is offering the best pricing since Phyllis walked into Georgia's pharmacy, and right now, save over seventy percent off Genucell's complete skincare package featuring the genusl Underreye bags and Puffiness Serum xvhydrating moisturizer and immediate effects for results in just minutes. You can look five, ten, even fifteen years younger. Guarantee are your money back. Go to genucel dot com slash Lisa that's genucell dot com slash Lisa. Every order includes free shipping and use Lisa check out for an extra discount. Genucell dot com slash Lisa. That's genucell dot com slash Lisa. Well it's hard because you know, we covered this story on the Big Weekend Show or the Big Show on Sunday, and like there was this Massachusetts school district where the school gave out this really graphic survey about sex questions to children as young as eleven, and like some of the questions like have you ever had sexual intercourse and things like that, and it's like, in what world why would anyone subject an eleven year ole to that?
Speaker 2: Like it's insanity.
Speaker 3: I've never even had that conversation with my fifteen year olds, and I know it's time to have it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I'm not kidding, Like I.
Speaker 3: Really haven't actually had these conversations with them. I mean, I didn't know what any of that was. But I guess nowadays it's really hard.
Speaker 2: It's like kids have to.
Speaker 3: Grow up way too soon and they have to learn all of this off the internet, and that's the problem. I mean, we didn't have that growing up, Like we didn't have Google Search.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel that if you teach your children what's right and what's wrong, and teach them the base of just having good character, good morals, I think that once they do learn this stuff, they'll know better to you know, act a certain way and hopefully not be influenced by negative peers, because you can't always protect your kids from being influenced by others. But hopefully once they grow up and you build a foundation that they'll know better and they'll grow into respectable adults. But teaching them respect from a young age is like just the number one most important thing you can give your children.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's why books like yours are good and brave books because it gives parents an opportunity to read them these stories and then you know, have some of these life conversations with them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, completely, yeah, And I think that's the whole point is that kids need to parents need to talk to their kids, like have a conversation, like ask them about their day, and then when they tell you about their day.
Speaker 2: Ask them, did anything happen today that you didn't like? You know, like, instead of how was your day at school? Of fine? Good?
Speaker 3: Now, so did anything happen today that made you uncomfortable? Did anything happen today that you thought wasn't fair or something like that? And then that's how you generate conversations that are not necessarily because kids are very short term memories, so you know, you kind of generate a conversation and then when they tell you about that, they oh, well, this kid, you know pushed me in in recess.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and how did you respond to that. I didn't. I just walked away.
Speaker 3: Well maybe you should have gone up to them and said, I would like for you to apologize to me, please, because if I.
Speaker 2: Pushed you, I would say I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: And if not, you know, go and tell your teacher and then have the teacher talk to that child who apologized to you, so that they learned that that's not okay.
Speaker 2: You know. But a lot of kids are afraid to speak up, and then they come home.
Speaker 3: They don't even tell their parents because nobody talks to their kids anymore.
Speaker 2: They just get on their devices.
Speaker 3: Bravebooks dot Com has a promotion. Actually where I had my first book was on Perseverance. So if you go to bravebooks dot com and you actually subscribe for a membership, you've could become part of a book club where you get a book every single month, like a wholesome peer book written by a different author every month, and then you'll get two of my books for free. So that's on bravebooks dot com right now. Awesome, Julie Banderas.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: Everyone, go out and get the book, A monumental mistake, Brave Books. Great to have you on my friend, and can't wait to see you soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're gonna do the big weekend show. I think the weekend of Age seventeenth that Saturday.
Speaker 2: So I look forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and everyone tune in, all right, Julia, I love you, so I love you too. And that was Julie Banderas from Fox News. Appreciate her for making the time to join the show. Appreciate you guys at home for listening every Tuesday and Thursday. You can listen throughout the week until next time.