Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Gatty arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Jetty and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong and the Radical gender Theory. It's a gender bending madness update.
Speaker 2: It's over. We haven't done one for quite a while. Wow, I assumed it all been fixed.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, No, it's not the beginning of the end. It's the end of the beginning. People know they have to fight this stuff. I held back on this story for a long time because it's so terrible, but then I realized, you've got to get people to understand the depth of the insanity that has infected our society, from the teacher colleges through the education system mostly. But a federal judge's ruled it would be unconstitutional for an Indiana prison to deny a transgender inmate sex reassignment surgery following the inmates lawsuit this dude who murdered an eleven month old baby in two thousand and one and is freaking crazy. The ACLU argued successfully that to deny him a sex change would be a violation of the Eighth Amendments prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. This is a measure of how far this insanity has come that people just accept that a mentally ill person who decides, you know what, I'm a check I think must be indulged in that mental illness.
Speaker 5: Well, and so is he hanging out with other women in the prison right now? Probably actually knows. And then you got the problem of taxpayers having to pay for this incredibly expensive surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: This crazy dude has been taking female hormones and testosterone blockers since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, an insane child murderer gets an extremely expensive confirmation of his mental illness from taxpayers.
Speaker 2: That's how far it's gone.
Speaker 4: Moving along, and on a similar theme, a piece of writing that's getting a fair amount of attention online, at least the mainstream media is ignoring it. The husband of the whistleblower who exposed the gender affirming medical care given of miners at Washington University Transgender Center at Saint Louis Children's Hospital. She was a very famous whistleblower last year who said, hey, they're still doing this stuff. It's undercover of darkness. They're denying it even as they're doing these cruel experiments on confused children. Her husband is a transgender dude who lived for thirteen years as a dude and is now de transitioning.
Speaker 2: And it's a long and really interesting piece.
Speaker 4: This poor woman was raped and sexually abused over and over again, had painful conditions related to menstruation and some of the other reproductive parts, and had just terrible psychological problems, and transitioned hoping that being a guy would straighten out her poor awful You wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy life. And now thirteen years in, she's saying, you know what, I'm a woman, so.
Speaker 2: So I know this is really dumb.
Speaker 5: You know how I can't figure out time changes for some reason? Yes, I never I never had fallbacks there. I never know her am I falling back or the clocks falling back? I never get figured out. I can't imagine where this is going, folks. So I'm as lost as you are. Yes, I can't never remember. When you say trans man, does that mean you almost never ever do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: If I read that, if I read a trans man, does that mean they're currently a man and we're a woman the other way around.
Speaker 2: No, it's a recently arrived man. Think about it like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so when I read transman, or if I read trans woman, it means they were a man. You set your clock back an hour, that's cract. Yes, yeah, I googled.
Speaker 2: It clock back an hour. There you go. So I like this.
Speaker 4: This is just another item, and I think maybe for the Armstrong You Getting One More Thing podcast, we'll do this. Have you heard anything about auto gynophilia. No, It's said to be a factor in a lot of adolescent boys who think they're girls. It's a psychological phenomenon where it's it's heterosexuality, like misdirected that they come fast, so fast, it's fascinating with the idea of being.
Speaker 2: With a woman that they want to become a woman.
Speaker 4: Maybe, and I've got a long description of it and how it works and that sort of thing, but it would be too long for this setting. So maybe Armstrong and Getty one more thing listen later. But I love, I absolutely love this response. This is from the Mayo Clinic think about pregnancy, which is often viewed as an exclusively female phenomenon. Often the midwis that the Mayo Clinics say. According to this commentator.
Speaker 2: Word often seems to be an understatement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about it. It's often viewed as an exclusively female phenomenon. It's easy to use the term pregnant women without a second thought. So it's the Mayo Clinic trying to convince you that no, men can be pregnant.
Speaker 2: No, they can't.
Speaker 4: Men have never, not once in the history of mankind, been pregnant, So it's not really often.
Speaker 2: It's always, yes, Yeah, it's absolutely always.
Speaker 4: And this response I thought was great by one Carolyn Johnson, because women can have anything that is precious for themselves. Being pregnant was one of the most life affirming times of my life. But apparently even that can be appropriated and not seen as appropriation.
Speaker 5: I'm not on the cultural appropriation bandwagon, but I like this version of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dudes, you're a dude or you're a woman. Either way, you live whatevery life you want.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: But if you're a dude, don't ask me to call you a woman. This is also kind of opropos nothing but from the gender banning madness world. The Daughters of the American Revolution are fighting a bunch of their woke members who want to start admitting dudes even though their bylaws have always been clear. It's for the daughters female descendants of revolutionary patriots. It's a genealogical organization. You have to be genetically descended of known American revolutionary movers and shakers. Seems like an odd organization, but so they are now fighting the idea that dudes should be involved to if the dude just says.
Speaker 5: I'm a woman and took some hormones, Oh my god. This has got to be the as far as it can go. Right when you've infiltrated the daughters of the American revolution.
Speaker 4: One more piece of bad news than some really really good news, some kick ass women who deserve your support, first of all, though, one more kick in the nards.
Speaker 2: Pardon me if you have them, well, if you have them.
Speaker 4: A New Hampshire high school called the police on parents wearing pink Crisp bands featuring two x's that were in support of keeping boys out of girls' sports. The parents had been advocating for the school to set up policy barring boys from playing as girls.
Speaker 2: But the school district told them they cannot do.
Speaker 4: Anything since the court recently ruled that the term girl includes boys who claim identity as girls. In the state's schools, and so they not only told the parents that they would not change any inclusion policies, but they also officially banned parents from attending any school events for the crime of supporting girls' sports. You got a pink rist band, You're not getting in or calling the cops and having you charge with trespassing. Wow, you don't think it's worth fighting on the side of those parents.
Speaker 2: Finally, this, this is the good stuff.
Speaker 4: The governor of Idaho has come out to cheer the Boise State University women's volleyball team after their decision to forfeit their Saturday game against San Jose State.
Speaker 5: San Jose State, the Spartans not at all, not.
Speaker 4: At no, they are really kicking ass. Are the Spartans aided in part by a dude identifies as a woman, dresses as a woman, is a dude, you see, that's the hang up and is dominating the middle and unleashing spikes that are speeds at speeds that are never ever.
Speaker 2: Seen in women's volleyball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why there have been two forfeits in a row and now their players, at least anonymously on the San Jose State team are complaining that it's too dangerous to play with this gentleman who's playing on the women's college team because her spikes are eighty miles per hour and they've never dealt with that before.
Speaker 2: Oh so I can practice and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Plus you might get hit in the back of the head, I suppose if one goes awry. Additionally, State Senator or thus Senator committed the team for taking a stand for women, writing kudos to Boise State for taking a stand for women in sports. Ido's hard working, talented female athletes deserve a fair playing field where they can compete and win.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad the governor is saying that, because when Boise State announced they were forfeiting, they put out a statement but did not provide an explanation for the forfeit. They were too chicken to say out loud, we're not playing because they got.
Speaker 2: A dude on their team. Right right, let's see.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny this article gives the Boise State's next game or a San Jose st next game. But anyway, you are now seeing finally, finally, finally, women and the men who support them marching in formation with Riley Gaines and standing up and saying no, I'm not stepping on that field. This is a farce, It is a joke. These are women's sports. No dudes, no matter they're psychological problem. No dudes, if they're transgender or schizophrenic, or are shy around other people, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You're a dude. You don't get to play period. Folks.
Speaker 4: The radical Marxists want to erase all binaries, all of the divisions, all of the fence posts that give structure to society. That's how you take over a society and the institutions of the society.
Speaker 2: Don't let them do that.
Speaker 4: Don't let them force you on your knees and call a man a woman just because they told you to.
Speaker 2: End of screeds. Madness updates.
Speaker 5: So in the most recent win for the undefeated Spartans where they beat Fresno State, Yeah, take that, you bunch of girls. Fleming, dude, if you want to compete Fleming, the trans player in question led the team with sixteen kills, so the dominant player on the floor.
Speaker 4: It is a measure of people's intellectual cowardice that they put up with this at all. And I get not everybody can be a tissed off iconoclassed the moment they wake up in the morning like me and you.
Speaker 2: But my god, we need more people. It is amazing how many people go along with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, simply Safe Home Security Award winning with the fast protect monitoring and live guard protection. Simply Save agents can act within five seconds of receiving your alarm. Can even see and speak to intruders to stop them in their tracks. People feel like crime is up. I certainly feel like it, and that's why you need simply Safe. So the cops don't just get there. There's some alarm going off across town. No, they got simply Safe on the line saying it's a burglary.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the dude.
Speaker 5: I got the cameras set up, I got the sensors on the windows and the doors. I set it up myself from simply Safe. I went online and ordered it. When I moved to a different house, I added a few more things. Also very easy to do. If you want to have a professional help you out, you can't, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't need it. Love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they earn your business every single day. It's simply Safe, so affordable. Protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system plus a free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast Protect monitoring. Just visit simply safe dot com slash Armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Heyyetdi see Armstrong and Getty shirt.
Speaker 4: Mail bag Trump us a note with your mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: We're having printer.
Speaker 5: Problems, so it is name somebody in America that's not having printer problems.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: We're going to get to Mars and people still can't make their printers work at home or at work.
Speaker 2: I still I like to orchestrate it.
Speaker 4: I arrange it carefully, so it may be a little haphazard today. But guys, I was reading, Oh this is from Loyal Listener A frequence correspondent Powe Law. I was reading Kamala Harris got five billion dollars for lecture school buses.
Speaker 2: They're slowly hitting the road.
Speaker 4: Proponents say the bus is whose initial cost about three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars apiece. Is that will boost US manufacturing, bring cleaner air for Americans, reduced planet warming emissions, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera. The story never gets.
Speaker 4: Around to even attempting to actually quantify and compare the cost of the buses to the benefits derived from them. For example, if the key benefit is reduction in global warming, how great is the reduction? What benefits will come from it? I fear both answers are negligible. Oh yeah, absolutely, we can't afford to spend billions for negligible benefits. But to some of the doesn't seem to matter. It's practically a religious issue. Correct, That is absolutely well written. Yeah, yeah, well, said Pellow. As always, let's see, Frank talks about chronic pain and how to deal with it, and then he says, now, some pain is completely different. I've had kidney stones, and that requires a different strategy altogether while walking around inside of it, As Jack mentioned, makes total sense to me. I take a similar but opposite approach. First, I congratulate God on creating something so exquisitely perfect the pain. Then I imagine him and I standing side by side and observing and admiring the pain. That and a little demorroll do the trick. Oh man, I'm so glad of dodge the kidney stone stone so far.
Speaker 2: When I had my gallbladder attack. I was trying to try.
Speaker 5: To apply some sort of pain stuff I'd heard before in my life, but I wasn't so much.
Speaker 2: Pain I couldn't even think. Oh yeah, and then you know what did the trick? Morphine? Morphine is what really worked. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A special request for this the most election of our lifetime from JT and Livermore. Even though we only have about three weeks to go into the most election of our lifetime, the weekends are so boring. So I have a special request for the good of the country and for the sanity of your audience, can you please do your show every day, including weekends, until a winn is announced.
Speaker 2: Pretty please? Selection of our lifetime. It is the most election of our lifetime.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for that obviously underhanded compliment, JT. I tell you what, if you own a shotgun and you can get it into the studio and you can level it at me, prepare yourself to see my blood spattered on the walls, because you're gonna have to shoot me before I.
Speaker 2: Do a show on the weekends. But thank you. Let's see. Oh this is good.
Speaker 4: David and Oakland, who writes now and again and it's always a little like this. You're a pennis thing. How disgusting are you trying to be trendy? You guys dip below the belt and come off as desperate to be cool and with it. I turned the dial having no interest in the part. You are a loose to. You just couldn't help yourself, And I wonder how dense and dumb you can be. Do you really think this is cutting edge stuff?
Speaker 2: What are they talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did we do some reference to genitalium? Perhaps in the One War Thing podcast?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Hansen something penis related? From Friday?
Speaker 5: David?
Speaker 2: It has been so much lately, it all blends together, right, Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, David writes occasionally makes it clear that he just despises us.
Speaker 2: And then you know, vanishes back into the woodwork.
Speaker 4: Barbaric Joe you mentioned the other day, there's no fix and stupid. The only example I can think of, writes Daniel where stupid was fixed was the Scarecrow and the Wizard of Oz. So can we get Kamala Harris to crack open and bud light and sing? If I only had a brain? I don't see that happening, and then finally this from Tammy with two ease controversial Tammy. I don't recall what prompted me to google Katie Green this weekend, but I did, and I landed on her YouTube. But the Blue Ane number one is a woman. I pictured her as a brunette, but she's a cute blonde. I'm a hetero woman, not creepily hitting on her, just saying two, I've only heard snippets of Jack's experience with the Blue Angels. Three, Jack and Katie could talk about their flights. Hmm, So David and Oakland. If he didn't like penis talk, he's gonna love vomit talk, so stay with us. Yeah, yeah, Katie, did you find it upsetting digestively the flight.
Speaker 2: At two instances? Yes? Breast of it? No, I was fine.
Speaker 5: I filled both of the vomit bags completely full. Oh really, yes, For a while they were calling me two sack Jack because I got off the plane holding both bags.
Speaker 2: Some good pictures of like trophies.
Speaker 5: However, I did drink the night before and eat unfortunate food tie food, as I recall, Yes, I went out to a tie restaurant and drank. When they said don't eat anything spicy or drink Okay, you did that because rules do not apply to me.
Speaker 2: No, certainly not. What are you some sort of sheep? Exact exactly?
Speaker 5: Which of the many polling numbers would you like to hear that are amazing from the weekend? For instance, this one? Did Biden's policies help or hurt your family? Forty five percent hurt? Did Trump's policies helper hurt your family? Forty four percent helped? With tiny numbers for the other show, Armstrong and Get.
Speaker 2: There Gonna work fast? Don't you think it's.
Speaker 1: A little hot?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 1: This is the Armstrong and Getty Show, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: So quick metal game here. How much money do you need to be considered?
Speaker 2: What term do they use?
Speaker 4: Wealthy? Like your net worth? How much would you have to have in the bank to be wealthy?
Speaker 5: The trouble with these questions, as we always point out, is where do I live live currently? If I'm going to stay here, it's a pretty big number. If I'm where my brother lives, it's a much much smaller number to have a perfectly happy life.
Speaker 4: So you are both absolutely correct and a fun suck. All right, let's specify you are in a third quintile cost of living part of America, so you're.
Speaker 2: Like a above average but not.
Speaker 5: San francisc So the question is, and I'll stop being a fun suck, So what's the number? What's the number that makes you wealthy for your net worth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, So anyway, we'll come back to that in a minute.
Speaker 4: A couple of stories about financing money and retirement, that sort of thing, getting away from politics at least for a little while.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 4: And though we are both gen xers, at the older end of gen xers, and I've been aware of this, I hadn't ever really thought about it. The generation was the first generation to see a massive shift in how Americans work and say, for retirement, companies moved from pensions that promise steady income after years of service the goldwatch at the retirement you worked for one or two companies your entire career, Dad did to a much much more mobile feel of employment. And four A one k's becoming your retirement savings method and it's in your own hands. And in fact, there are some of the financial services industry that call gen X I think it's the four to one k experiment generation.
Speaker 5: It's interesting they call it an experiment, which insinuates that they think it might not work or be a good idea.
Speaker 2: Is that what they're insinuating? I suppose.
Speaker 5: So I've never seen it as an experiment. It always just seemed like such solidly a good idea, right.
Speaker 4: But you've got to admit, because you know, some people, whether they're lower education or they're you know, they're just busy or don't have the interest in following politics and finance, they got into four oh one k's very very late, or didn't appreciate the importance of starting early, compound interests, etc. It's a really good program in a lot of ways, but you have to opt in.
Speaker 5: I've been hammering my kids on that since they were too young to have the slightest idea what it even means, Just so it's in their head somewhere. Start putting in the max of your four oh one K the first time you get one. I don't care if you have to eat cats like you're a Haitian immigrant. Put your money in your four oh one k, change your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So as an individualist, I have zero problem with me being in charge of my retirement.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: In fact, I wish George W. Had been successful in privatizing Social Security. Everybody listening would be a good deal ridger now where they are come retirement.
Speaker 2: We all know what the punchline to this is. Though.
Speaker 5: Somebody that decides not to put an to their four oh one k or the George W. Bush style private retirement, they get to old age and don't have any money, and it's presented as they don't have a dignified retirement, and we.
Speaker 2: Need to have a program for that.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, we need your tax dollars, including you being taxed on the very Social Security money.
Speaker 2: That the government did, in.
Speaker 4: A paltry and hilarious way, pile up for you fast. They they don't pilot up current workers. It's in a lock box, and it's not in a lock box. That's a blasting twenty four years ago. But I enjoyed it, Ah, right, So we could labor those points. But I think we're all kind of up on it. I loved this article in the Wall Street Journal. I loved to hate it. They're breaking every retirement rule to be off now, not later. Some workers want to spread retirements throughout their careers, even if it means a smaller four to h one k oh boy. And they profile this cute girl and her cute boyfriend and how they're taking years off of work and like spending down their savings to retire now. And they say, even if I don't have as much money when I retire, this is totally worth it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: See if this is the problem with the libert straight libertarian point of view, and so I'm a straight libertarian, good.
Speaker 2: Good for you, you moron, do it. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: But if I'm a realist slash conservative, I realize when they don't have any money when they're older, you're gonna take a bunch of my tax money or raise my taxes to help them out. I know that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Well, and these sexy thirty one year old say, oh no, it's totally worth it to go hiking here in the Alps. And if I have less money as an ulster, it'll be great. The idea that the Wall Street Journal didn't throw in a paragraph saying, now, obviously they have no idea what they're talking about. And there could be nothing more ridiculous than a thirty one year old, saying the Thrills at age thirty one are quote unquote worth being paupers as old people. Right, that's so stupid, it's almost hilarious. Let's take a moment.
Speaker 2: To last before they get back to the text of the article.
Speaker 4: But, as Jack has pointed out, embittering the entire conversation, when they do hit their golden years and are forced to eat cat carcasses, we will be paying for them moving along.
Speaker 5: God dang it, I know a bunch of people living like that. I know people living like that right now, and I think I'm fine again. I don't care what you do with your money, but I know how things work in the real world. And you're gonna be voting for parties that say you don't have enough when you spent your money on traveling around Europe as a twenty six year.
Speaker 4: Old, right, yeah, yeah, that's why I hate humanity anyway.
Speaker 2: Knows how many times I've traveled around Europe when I was twenty six zero.
Speaker 5: I don't even hit my current age. Why because I'm saving my money and I don't want you to get it because you think it'd be super cool to travel around the world.
Speaker 2: God that pisses me off.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not like if you subsidize or reward bad behavior, you get more of it or anything, he says, sarcastically, shaking his head sadly and wanting nothing more than to vanish into the woods and leave humanity behind.
Speaker 2: Finally, this.
Speaker 4: According to a major modern wealth survey by Charles Schwab dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: They asked Americans what average networth it takes to be wealthy, with the caveat that. Well, actually they mentioned that when it comes to geographic regions, California has the highest threshold of what it takes to be wealthy. Of course, and I'll tell you all, Americans say it's two point five million dollars net worth, you are wealthy.
Speaker 5: On average concascination, it's two and a half million. It's higher than I would have guessed.
Speaker 4: Well, San Franciscans say it takes four point four million.
Speaker 2: To your point, I.
Speaker 5: Don't blame them, given the cost of a house or rent or whatever.
Speaker 4: And Southern Cali Unicornians indicated it takes an average networth of three point four million. Survey respondents who lived in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, in Dallas expressed lower numbers, of course, which is why any national figure like for income tax, for instance, is utterly unfair and ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Having said that, I.
Speaker 4: Suppose you if you don't like where you are and your taxes and your wealth, and that you could move.
Speaker 5: So I just would like to point out for all you who don't live in California, it is really expensive to live here, but what you get for what you pay is.
Speaker 2: A kick in the groin.
Speaker 4: All Americans say you have to have two point five million to be wealthy, to be financially comfortable, seven hundred and seventy eight thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars net worth. Yeah again, depending on where you live. Good luck with that in San Francisco. Yeah yeah, well get the hell out.
Speaker 4: Boomers say you need two point eight million dollars or seven hundred and eighty thousand dollars to be financially comfortable.
Speaker 2: Not surprisingly. Now this is interesting.
Speaker 4: Jen X says you need two point seven million, whichs right there in the number. But they say to be financially comfortable, you need eight hundred and seventy three thousand dollars, which is almost one hundred thousand more than boomers and all Americans.
Speaker 5: The biggest wilds The biggest wild card that nobody factors in until they start to get older is healthcare costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you have have.
Speaker 5: Had zero Your healthcare costs every year are almost none when you're thirty five, as I remember it. But until the breath is taking Yeah, until it's like, holy crap, this is going to ruin me in a couple of decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is one of the things that I'm glad you threw that in.
Speaker 4: As I'm looking at those healthy thirty one year olds hiking about Europe, it comes for.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 4: I don't know, oh how much I would have to have to be like completely confident everything will be fine because you know, the right health problem comes along or long term care kerb Lewie.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to freak anybody out, but.
Speaker 5: Well, and then in a world where a lot of people who have kids have one who's got a variety of problems because who knows why that's happening, that's an expense too, you weren't planning on when you were hiking at age thirty.
Speaker 4: Well, finally, though they're optimistic about their future, wealth respondents acknowledge that there's more that they can do with fewer than one in five saying they're currently on top of their finances. Eighteen percent say yeah, I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing and doing it systematically. Whoa again to your bitter point, Oh, bitter Jack, you know it's fun on a Friday talking to bitter Jack. Hey, bitter Jack, come bull up a bar stool, ruin our day for us.
Speaker 2: I'm here for you doing Jack.
Speaker 4: I'm good now, but I could be decimated by future health problems.
Speaker 2: Who invited bitter Jack?
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and the Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 2: Boundary for help, take a look offering some help? And Vivian, you were so close to that million dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's just a regular mom who had a chance at a million dollars if she could have solved. I'm looking at the board. There you got the erring part. Some and help are basically completely solved. Help is solved. Some is missing wood letter, So it's just what is something arring some help? When you hear the beginning of it, I want to hear her guesses.
Speaker 6: Wondering some help, answering some help, wondering I'm finding some help.
Speaker 2: Will you run for some help?
Speaker 1: Boundary for help?
Speaker 2: That's boundary. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry the nice lady didn't win the money, but you know why she didn't because she's no good at the game.
Speaker 5: Well, she said she was nervous, and I've had that before, where I just I can't. I can't like come up with things that if I weren't nervous I could come up with easily, because then you know, you know, whatever kind of situation, but.
Speaker 2: Which is part of the game she's bad at. Yes, yes, boundary for.
Speaker 4: Offering for help again, her her anguish brings me no joy whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, too bad. She missed out on a million dollars. Well, well, it's the way the cookie crumbled, it is exactly?
Speaker 4: Or is this a sign of the cruel new Ryan Seacrest era on wheel of fortune? And we're going to rule that wheel with an iron at which no holds her barred?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 4: Uh So some non political stuff after a quick political follow up.
Speaker 2: We were talking in the last hower.
Speaker 4: I guess about, among other things, the Harris campaign, to the extent that it has any policies they've been talking with Biden about taxing unrealized assets of like, oh, super rich people.
Speaker 5: I love this so and and so the unrealized capital gains tax. And this is what you got to remember. It's being proposed for billionaires to start with. But you know, if they get that going, those are gonna come down obviously, and it's gonna goes by thunder and there goes my thunder. It's gonna be infect freaking everybody eventually.
Speaker 2: And this has got to be.
Speaker 5: Rejected harshly, harshly, And the fact that she has not had to answer a question about this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a journalistic malpractice and treason practically. Uh So, Yeah, we skipped to the end, which is fine. This is the mirror image of what was the brilliant book. Oh we interviewed the author he so Hoover Foundation guy, Hoover Institution guy. But it was about the fact that welfare programs of all sorts expand inevitably. If you have like pathetic on the scale of one to one hundred, and you start a program that's for levels one, two, and three, what's the next thing that happens level four? Are advocates for level four say.
Speaker 2: Well, whoa whoa level fource just one more level of pathetic? Why aren't they getting any help?
Speaker 5: The book is the High Cost of good Intentions, and it has so many great examples, going clear back to Revolutionary War veterans and how it started with people who fought in the Revolutionary War, then spread to their spouses, then spread to their kids, and it ended up being people who were alive during the Revolutionary War, and it just kept spreading and spreading.
Speaker 2: And we've done that throughout history.
Speaker 4: A guy who wants picnicked on bunker hill, you know whatever it was, Yeah, yeah, it inevitably explains, so the mirror im that and it's this is so insidious.
Speaker 2: But once you catch on to it.
Speaker 4: Nobody gives a crap about billionaires or will shed a single tier. They are an utterly unsympathetic group when it comes to especially being taxed. But you've got this concept of taxing unrealized gains, which has been seen as abhorrent. But if you can get that concept into play against the utterly unsympathetic billionaires, soon it's one hundred millionaires and you're thinking, I still don't give a crap. O wait, and you won't have to wait long, mister, honey, honey. We just hit five hundred thousand dollars in the four to oh one k. They are coming for you, man, They are absolutely coming for you. The income tax originally was extremely narrow. I can't tell you the number of government Social Security again, the mirror image was originally for like two percent of the population. Can you realize how this would work?
Speaker 5: So you got stock in Tesla or whatever, Tesla goes up a lot this year, Okay, well, you you made money, you owe tax on that.
Speaker 2: So my Tesla.
Speaker 5: Stock went up fifty thousand dollars and now I owe you whatever. You'd have to pay twenty grand, even though I haven't cashed it out yet, And of course the Tesla stock could go back down after that, and then what do you do.
Speaker 4: So, setting aside the whole introducing something abhorrent mission creep principle as we were talking about last hour, it would also be absolutely devastating to the stock market and everybody's four oh one case, because there would be huge dumping of stock among the investor class. It would be too expensive to keep it, and it would happen a year after year after year to avoid taxes. And Kenonymous dropped me a text. Also, the unrealized gain tax is simply paying the tax on that stuff early.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any more money.
Speaker 4: In fact, it makes less because the asset will not grow as quickly because of.
Speaker 2: The tax being extracted from it.
Speaker 4: The capital gains tax will be paid upon death or transfer like it is now, but it won't be able to grow as much. What seems like a tax gain is just paying it early. Typical shell game taxes are now, some people might argue, but billionaires who have say a billion dollars worth of stock, they can borrow against that as income and spend that money and live lavishly and the rest of.
Speaker 2: It well go with a value added tax.
Speaker 4: Then if you buy anything, there's a value added tax, but you have to eliminate income taxes and one hundred other dopey you know, duplicit as taxes.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's enough of that. I vote on who's got the most joy. I don't pay attention to this stuff. Amazon announced five days a week beiches. Sorry, that's a girst way to put it.
Speaker 4: They're telling their corporate staff to be in the office every weekday.
Speaker 2: There is strom draw and angst.
Speaker 5: I've got such a dichotomy of opinions on Amazon. I hate that it's closed down any of my favorite local stores in my small town because they couldn't keep up with Amazon. On the other hand, I wanted a little hair trimmer.
Speaker 2: For my man escaping. Katie. You know baby oil for your puff daddy.
Speaker 5: You know how, Katie, I'm always manscaping I need.
Speaker 4: I just yeah, it's no kidding, turn off your it's just close your eyes and cover your ears.
Speaker 5: This is harassment because I was gonna mention it. I just knew you really don't want to hear that. You really really don't even want to think about that. But I bought a man scaping tool on Amazon and I had it in three hours at my house. Now, they probably didn't even have what I was looking for film, a porn or what. Why do you need a party?
Speaker 2: I didn't need a three hours I didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm going to a freak out or whatever you call those freak session, freaking freak.
Speaker 6: Off freak off with this story, Jack, But how does any store stay open when I can order something and have it at my house in two hours, I know, or tonight or tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing, absolutely amazing, and I am not being well groomed.
Speaker 2: And smooth as a dolphins.
Speaker 1: Jack, Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Shoe