Speaker 1: All right, my man Baldy is here at one Jet's Drive. We're taping this here in June, this time of year. You never take any time off. Take time off.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I'm coming back from an injury, so if I get a chance to go watch football, it takes my mind off the injury. You know, these kind of things happen. So look, you get a chance to watch one of the thirty two teams in this league. With Anon Rodgers out there directing traffic and seeing some of the new guys out there, it's it's worth my time.
Speaker 1: All right, let's suck injuries. What was your latest surgery.
Speaker 2: My latest surgery was I had to get a tricep tendon reattached. And when you get tendons attached, like Annon Rodgers had his achilles attached, I got my tricep attached. I mean, it's all the same. You gotta you know, they they anchor the tendon with the suture and they sew the tendon to the suture, and then you just need to let it rest. You have to fight the urge. Get out there and do Baldy kind of things. Get out there and dive and fish and do the things. I like to do, so you have to. You have to just basically buckle down and just say I can't do it for two and a half months.
Speaker 3: Just let it heal.
Speaker 1: But you're not completely off. Morgan Moses was in the seat. Very recently told us he tore a pack yep when he was blocking Miles Garrett of the Browns. He thought he was having a heart attack during a game, but he ended up not only finishing that game but for the season. Yeah, playing the rest of the season. You're in the gym. Yeah, you're lifting with one hand, lift with one one arm.
Speaker 3: So bandit right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it looks weird to everybody that sees me in the gym, but there's signs behind it that if you just work out with your good arm and your good side of your body, you can maintain your muscle mass. On the other side, you won't atrophy as much as if you didn't do anything at all.
Speaker 1: Here's a secret with Baldy, he's never out of the gym.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to, like, I'm trying to maintain whatever I got left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so thirteen surgery, as though you told me.
Speaker 2: My thirteenth surgery. Yeah, knees sports hernias, you know, Meta Taar sols, carpal tunnel, you know, stuff just happened overall.
Speaker 1: You're feeling. I feel good today. Today I'm doing the white out and I got the zinc sunscreen. I just got to protect myself from the sun and my smart My hair might be more gray than usual because I got some of the zinc up there. But you come in with the ball, these breakdown shirt, the red yes, and I'm kind of upset because I want mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we're you know, we're we're just getting them to the presses now, Okay, So we will have we'll have these things stocked up here pretty soon, maybe if I come certainly by time I come in the summer training camp will outfit the whole staff. But even maybe by next week when I come back for mandatory mini camp, maybe I'll have some in tow.
Speaker 1: I like the red. It's popping. So when you're out there, you're watching from the balcony up here in the second floor at one Jets Drive, what are you looking at in terms of guys being out there in shorts, Well.
Speaker 2: I mean the connection that Aaron Rodgers has with Garrett Wilson, like to every Jet fan. It's it's good the ball doesn't hit the ground. Anytime Garrett's targeted the ball, it gets caught, you know, whatever type of acrobatic move.
Speaker 3: He's got to make.
Speaker 2: Like he just has these legs that just have a lot of life to.
Speaker 3: Him, you know, so he's bouncing.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Brayln Allen, you know, the rookie running back at Wisconsin, and wisconstantly don't total football to the running backs. It's just not part of their offense. But he's lining up a wide receiver. He's catching everything they're through to him. And you see look at Isaiah Davis. They're, you know, running back out of South Dakota State. Like both those kids are big guys, and with Breis Hall not practicing today, they've got a lot of reps.
Speaker 3: So I see that.
Speaker 2: Then I'm looking at Keith Carter coaching the offense lines. So you're looking at Olu Fashion who playing strictly left tackle. You're looking at a pumped up, beefed up Carter Warren in the second year. You know, you're looking at Joe Tipman, you know, taking all the snaps, so you know you're looking at some pieces John Simpson coming in playing guard, you know, next to Olu right now playing left guard. So you're just looking at some of the pieces that you can project, you know, down the road this season, where they're going to be, what they might be doing.
Speaker 1: Does it surprise you? Again, it's summer. I know the pads aren't on, so everything's going to change when the pads come on. But Brylin Allen's twenty years old. You talked about him not getting many opportunities to catch the ball Wisconsin. Yeah, and he caught some balls, but he's out here today. He made a catch thirty five yards down the field with a little linebacker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back shoulder, yeah, back shoulder adjusted to the ball in the air. Everything I saw him catch, he caught it with his hands. He didn't catch it with his body. He trusts his hands. I think he's got good hands. I mean, it's one day that i've seen him live, so I you know, I don't I'm not going to go crazy, but it's encouraging, you know. They they did a lot of empty sets today. They put him out at wide receiver. The one you're talking about was coming right into our living room.
Speaker 3: Yep. It was a nice adjustment.
Speaker 2: In fact, It basically got about the biggest resound of applause by the offense all day with that catch that really finished a period.
Speaker 1: How advantageous is it for the young dudes out here that Aaron is here at OTAs Because Aaron himself personally, he doesn't have to be out there, but with those guys being around and getting those reps with him and also being coached up by him.
Speaker 2: Well, you know Aaron, well he was. It's important. It's really important, and I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you why.
Speaker 2: Because we know that breist Hall is gonna line up and he's going to get you know, seventy percent of the snaps at running back. Okay, he's an elite player, but you know, to work with Braylen Allen, to work with Isaiah Davis, to work you know, you look at Rutger, Jeremy Rutcker right now. You know it looks like he's going to have a bigger role. Like all these things, you can't have enough timing with any of these players, you know, whether it's an adjustment, whether it's a play call, whether it's seeing it the way he sees it. I think it's incredibly valuable people can they can undermine what voluntary OTA's are, but for a guy like Aaron, he needs all this time with all these young guys he can get. You don't know when they're going to get their chance or when they need him to take a chance.
Speaker 3: And anything that you can.
Speaker 2: Communicate right now can transfer to summer, to the fall, and to when the games really matter, when you get to Thanksgiving and beyond.
Speaker 1: He literally is a field general because we're watching out there today he was having another rookie running back, Isaiah Davis motion out of the I don't want to give too much away. Let's just say he lined up outside, but he before the snap, he got a little excited. He wanted to get out there in a pass pattern, and Aaron pointed the sideline that went like this.
Speaker 2: He went like he literally made the switch right like only and not to punish the kid, like he knows he made a mistake, but like you know, they can't afford those mistakes, Like it's it's a it's a mental error on you know, Isaiah Davis's fault. Uh part, it's a it's a mental error. And so you just have to you just have to that that rookie has to know that that's not going to be tolerated by Aaron the staff Robert Saliz standing behind the offense when that happened, like immediately, I said it before it happened, I said him.
Speaker 3: He's going out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going out like I because you know, in some places you go and you take a lap you when you make a mistake like that. Now they're not doing that here. They've done that in other places, but like, you just can't tolerate a mistake like that.
Speaker 1: How about the way Aaron manipulates the funders. There's a situation here late in practice where he's looking off to the right and obviously it's gonna make you pause for a second. Then he comes back all the way across cross field. Take Xavier Gibson. Yeah, for what ended up being a fifty nine yard touchdown. Here's the situation it was. Then in the half was seven to five, offense has the ball. There was a little bit more than a minute on the clock. Can you get into scoring territory? It took Aaron Rodgers one play not to get in scool touchdown.
Speaker 3: But I've seen him.
Speaker 2: I've seen him run that play in Green Bay many times over the years. Where it's play action roll right, And what you're doing on that role is a you're you're resetting the protection, but you're allowing Xavier Gibson get down the field, right and uh, and then he just launched it, you know, and he's had you know, that's a play that he's had a lot of success with in his career. And sometimes it is just a one play drive. You know, you're you're you're, you're going for the home run.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's a contested catch by Gibson against the safety. I think that was there Tony Adams, and he came down with the ball and it was one play he was off the field touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every time we're out there in the pray this field, Aaron Rodgers makes a throw and you say, wow, maybe a couple of practices. It's it's a few throws, but he's he's still got it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I think he knows that he's got it, and he also knows what happened last year. And look, everybody's going to get excited about all these throws. They're going to put it in social media, right A right, nobody is going to get excited really until you know, they get to Week one in San Francisco and Nick bos is barreling down on him, you know, and he's got to make this throw against an elite defense. So I mean, that's but but that's fine, that's okay, he knows that. But at the same time, you still have to go the guy still has a live arm. Yeah, it's it's a very live arm. The ball still spins, he can put it anywhere he wants to put it, and so he still has elite talent throwing the football.
Speaker 1: It's fun to watch. Let's flip it the defensive side of the ball. The Jets have talked about maybe using sauce gardener as a trail more than in the past. They've done it in the past, not frequently. And you do have the luxury of having a guy Oppositey that you have a lot of confidence in and a very solid player in DJ Reid. But what would that do for the defense as far as saying, okay, well you got a top receiver, maybe this week I'm gonna throw sauce on him.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes there's a different ways to do it. First of all, it's a change up for the defense, all right, So you're not really sure to the offense how they're gonna line up. But there's a couple of different ways to do that. One is you could put Sauce on the number two receiver and double team the.
Speaker 3: Number one receiver.
Speaker 2: Or you could put Sauce on the number one receiver you know, and and then play you know, DJ on the other side. Whatever like all those but you should play around with different different styles because it can both be effective sometimes.
Speaker 1: We've talked about it in the past, but there's a lot of changing faces there along there on the line. I know, we can't seal out right now. Son Reddick, he wasn't out there on the field today. He will be out there at mandatory mini camp whenever this runs. What do you think about the dynamics up front? You got the star with Quinn Williams, you got Jermain coming off a big second year, you got Reddick coming in quietly, the Jets have changed some parts next to Quinn and Williams because Lucky Photo is going to be here, as is Javon Kinlaw and those guys replace a pair of veterans in Quentin Jefferson el Woods. And then also let's see what will McDonald has in his second season. Can he make an other jump.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but we saw Jermaine make a huge jump last year, you know, a huge jump, and that's the jump that you hope Will makes this year. Can he make the jump where Jermaine became a really legitimate starting.
Speaker 3: Defense fan that.
Speaker 2: Looks like he's got Pro Bowl potential, Like he's on that track.
Speaker 3: A son. Reddick is an a player.
Speaker 2: He just you know, he's used to playing sixty five seventy percent of the snaps. He started last year with a broken thumb or hand whatever it was, and it hampered him a little bit, but he he still has elite change the direction. He has a variety of moves to win. You get inside push from quinnin sally kin Law, like the guys inside right now, Jermaine outside, Like you could get a NASCAR line with Will and Jermaine and Hassan and Quinn. I mean, there's there's gonna be some good change ups here. What you hope, though, is what never materialized last year where this team could play with the league in the second half. You just didn't score enough points. So can you get to the second half, late third quarter, fourth quarter with the lead where teams basically have to throw to catch up and if you do, they were pretty good last year. They had twenty six, twenty seven takeaways. Like, this is a defense. That's that's the step that they got to take. They got to take the ball away even more. And I think if you get give this defensive lead, this defensive line a lead, and you let them pin their ears back, like we could see some big number sack wise and takeaways.
Speaker 1: Wise, Howard team's going to try to detect the Jets defense on paper. I know it's June. Not a lot of weaknesses there. We mentioned the defensive line, you go back to the cornerbacks. You have to say the Jets top three is up there with anybody. Yeah, you got CJ. Moseley and Quincy Williams the team out there in the middle. I know, it's interesting. Robert s always asked about it. Today said, do you think that these guys can hold up on the edge, the Hassan Raddicks of the world, the Will McDonald's. They're to forty two point fifty. Are teams going to try to attack the perimeter here?
Speaker 3: Well, it always starts with stopping the run. Yeah, it just always does.
Speaker 2: You know, Buffalo changed their offense last year mid season fire, the offensive coordinator went to the running game. Josh Allen became a bigger part of it. James Cook really took off, Like there's a team that wants to run the ball different. You know, they're they're looking a little bit different now, two tight end sets playing to their strings. So it's always going to start with their ability to stop the run. And so yes, those guys will get tested on the edge, no doubt. If Will's out there and Hassim's out there, like you got undersized defensive ends. Okay, well, I mean Hasan's been like that, as you know, since he transferred from off the ball inside linebacker, how he started in Arizona team, what he did in Carolina and then Philadelphia. All right, but he's you know, he's a very skilled player out there on the edge, and so you know, you want to test it, go test it.
Speaker 1: The Jets have had the Bills kryptonite. I think when you look at their matchups and you're talking about Buffalo shifting strategies, when you look at the division, how much of these roster constructions with the Jets, with Miami, with buff flow. I'm not even gonna put New England in that category because I think they're in a different spot right now. But how much do these management teams have to look at those three teams and say, we're playing them twice a year.
Speaker 2: Oh look, I mean Miami speed is ridiculous. And their ability to run the ball. I mean, look, Devon h Chan averaged almost eight yards of carry last year as a change of pace back to a he moster and then they just you know, drafted jail and right. I mean, they've got three home run hitters in the backfield, and they have three home run hitters at receiver, and so how do you affect Tua like and he gets the ball out quick? So you know, they do a lot of things motion wise, formation wise in the run game, and so you have to you have to match up to that, you know, And so you've got to defeat one on one blocks, you've got to defeat their stretch game, their zone stretch game. There's a lot there and all of their motions and shifts cause you to really blink and freeze. And so that's that's them, you know, Buffalo. Look, I don't know the receivers yet. Keon Coleman's a rookie, Okay, it looks like that's a perfect matchup for Sauce to go up and just take a big receiver out and make Josh Allen do things with it. But Josh Allen's a Bill. He ran for fifteen touchdowns last year. Everic, you know, this is a guy that you have to account for in so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Do you think when the Bills were making their team, they're looking at the Jets defensively when you're talking about that offense strategic shift, or are they looking at Kansas City and saying, hey, we want toll to toll with them for sixty minutes. That's the beast, that's the team we got to beat.
Speaker 2: Well, they've won the division four years, right, Okay, four years straight division champs, So you always build your team to beat the division winner, right to try to take Buffalo down. So you know, have they done enough to you know, use Quincy and CJ as spies in some form, you know, on Josh so that when he does escape, he limit the damage. They've got tight ends that both can run. Dawson Knox and Dalton Kinkaid. Like how you're handling the tight ends. You know, they could be mismatches if you put Kincaid against Michael Carter on the slot, like how you're handling that mismatch. I feel like you've got to build your roster to go take down the Buffalo Bills, and I feel like that's what Miami is trying to do as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like the Jets, and we talked about it before. I think on paper, the Jets do have a roster that should be able to take down on the Bills. They should be able to take down to Miami Dolphins. But do you see this as a three horse race?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I see its three horses, you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think like I'm not discounting New England, no, because it's just gonna be so different what Girod's doing, what Elliott Wolf the general manager is doing. He's just gonna be such a departure from how they build a team, how they design, you know, game plans just gonna be so different than what you've seen for twenty plus years. So you just have to kind of wait. I don't think they have a very talented roster. They'll do what everything they have to do in order to try to win games. But you know, obviously, you know the Jets have had a hard time beating the Patriots defense. So I think they're going to be very very good. Yeah, and so they probably will do a pretty good job of keeping to score under twenty points and playing close games.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the AFC as a whole. Kansas City is a dynastic team. I mean, that's a dynasty. Right now, we're watching Jim Harrobaugh has returned to the National Football leagus taken over the Chargers. You got his brother John in Baltimore. You have four teams the AFC North that you could sit there and say, hey, those are playoff teams. I got CJ. Stroud and the Houston Texans. Indianapolis is trying to get into that mix with their young quarterback Anthony Richardson. I know Jacksonville is high hopes with Trevor Lawrence. And we've been talking about the FC East as well. What do you make of this conference?
Speaker 3: It's wicked. It's a wicked stretch.
Speaker 2: Some of these teams, like the AFC North, Baltimore, I mean Pittsburgh actually was five.
Speaker 1: And one in their division last year, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Three teams made the playoffs. Okay, you know in the AFC North, they have the three toughest schedules on paper. To start the season, Cleveland the toughest schedule, followed by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. So it's it's a brutal schedule. So they're going to beat up each other when Joe Burrow plays seventeen games. They're a completely different franchise. Yeah, so the quarterbacks are elite. Russell Wilson, like Pittsburgh made the playoffs last year, won ten games, and their three quarterbacks through a combined thirteen touchdown passes. Wild So you know, if Russell Wilson he threw twenty six touchdowns last year and fifteen starts in Denver, if he throws twenty six touchdown passes, does that mean they win eleven or twelve games. It might very well do that. They've really rebuilt their roster. You know, hardboll is gonna make a difference. He always does, like the way that he wants to win games where they're putting their emphasis in the trenches. Right now, they have an elite quarterback. The AFC South is gonna be scary good like this Anthony Richardson. I know he only played in four games last year. He is a beast and they really he's very very good. He beat Houston last year. He was down twenty three to nothing in the second half to the Los Angeles Rams and tied them up in the second half to go to overtime.
Speaker 3: He's a talented guy.
Speaker 1: So you liked a small sample a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it a lot. Like he is.
Speaker 2: He's way better than I ever thought he could be in just a sample of four games, and I think it will be better in the second year. We saw what CJ did in Houston, So this is murder's row right now. It's murderer's row, like just forget you know, look, Miami is I think defensively they're going to struggle, at least for half a season.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna struggle. Ian and the Jets.
Speaker 1: Jets should be very good or defensively.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they're gonna It's gonna take a while for Jalen Phillips and Bradley Chubb to get back from major major surgeries a year ago. I saw him in Mini camp OTA's two weeks ago, and you know, they're not ready to play. I don't know when they're gonna be one hundred percent. He got a new defense coordinator Anthony Weaver. They don't have the same talent on defense that they had a year ago. So offensively though, they could be very good. I mean they they could be elite.
Speaker 1: So and he's a creative play caller.
Speaker 2: He's a great play caller, and he has an unbelievable style of his ability to run the ball like he's a master in running the football. And so it's there's still gonna be a very tough out.
Speaker 1: He's fun to watch call games. If the Jets aren't playing him, I don't I don't like to watch him.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why Kyle Shanahan never wanted to let him go Cleveland, Atlanta, San Francisco, other teams try to poach him. He wouldn't let him go. You know, took a getting a head coaching job. He's a very talented offensive mind.
Speaker 1: Where are we right now with the wide receiver market in the National Football League? When ce Jaln Wattell get the kind of number that he just got, and Justin Jefferson follows up quickly after.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and Ceedee Lamb is yet to follow and Jamar Chase. We saw both receivers get paid in Philadelphia and aj Brown and Devonte Smith. It's it's out of control because you're paying You're paying the receivers now the second highest amount of money next to your quarterback. It used to be your corner, your your star defense vend At some places they're still doing that, but Brandon Ayuk, who knows what's gonna happen. You can only pay so many star players. And if your quarterback is, you know, taking in a quarter of the salary cap, and now you're a receiver. You know, in Miami's case, Jayalen Wattle and Tyreek Hill, it's eating up big chump of your of your salary cap right now. It's uh, I'm not saying these guys aren't worth it. I'm not sure saying that they don't have the value they do. Tyreek Hill has been targeted one hundred and seventy times two years in a row, caught one hundred nineteen passes in each year over seventeen hundred yards. Like you know, a third of their offense is Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 1: So look at you with the numbers man, that's crazy. Yeah, look at Baldi breaking it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh no, but I mean looked. I mean, Garrett Wilson's going to come up pretty soon. So you have to start budgeting for these guys. Once they prove that they're there your number one receiver, you have to start budgeting for him. Like Jamar Chase and Cincinnati Garrett here, he's going into his third year. He's an elite player. It's uh, it's that the position and how they're paying the position has changed.
Speaker 1: It's a definite course change as far as the direction is concerned. Yeah, it's abs and flows in the National Football League. But the receiver position right there. And oh, by the way, we just watched Garrett Wilson on the Price.
Speaker 3: Field you put on the show.
Speaker 1: Baldy alluded to it. Yeah, this guy's going to have a huge year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he jumps, He jumps off the field at you. You know, just his quickness, suddenness, change of direction, ability to adjust to the ball in the air, how quick his hands are. If his hands are as quick as our eyes are, that means his eyes are even quicker. How he can just locate the ball and his hands are so fast, Like you could have one of those one hundred catch fifteen hundred yard seasons easily this year. If Aaron stays healthy.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the forty nine ers before obviously Week one Jets going out to San Francisco, so many storylines, what a great matchup. Nice job by the league there the seven standalone games in the first eleven I've never seen anything like it. We haven't seen anything like it from a media perspective. Your thoughts also from a dude who played in the trenches, your thoughts on the changing schedule. But because for that first eleven or twelve weeks, the Jets will not have this same number of days of preparation in any of those games. Yeah, you're talking about long we short weeks. Thursday night, Monday night, Sundays.
Speaker 2: They've got some marquee players, you know. Aaron even said it, we got to make up for you know, me missing last year. So look, I just think it's going to alter some of preseason when you have to play three games in ten days, Like, I don't know how much you can put any of the starters on the field knowing what's in front of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, three games in a ten.
Speaker 2: Day stretch is is as tough as any stretch that any team has to play all year. You play a Monday night, a Sunday, a Thursday out of the gate, that's right out of the gate. Yeah, that's very tough. Now, if you come out of there with a good record, you do get like a little mini buy from that Thursday night to get ready for your fourth game. So there is a little bit of you can catch your breath a little bit, you know, from that Thursday night game against the Patriots. But it is you have to really plan like Robert coach syls like his game planning for those first three games is critical and how he handles the load, how he handles preseason preseason games. You want to get some You definitely want to get some time. You definitely want to You don't want to go to San Francisco without playing without getting some time, especially with the new offensive line and all those things. But at the same time, you know, you got to treat your starters with maximum rest.
Speaker 1: So those guys bubble wrapped. They're the preseason action. You do have those joint practices nowadays.
Speaker 3: Goes as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so I think you're gonna get a bulk of the work in the joint practices. You got three different teams that you're practicing with, so you know, you could get a lot of work done with them. I don't think you'll see many many starters in the preseason games, which is fine, just fine, like give you your young guys a chance. But you know there's scrimmages and whatever. If Aaron Rodgers in the starting offense gets you know, one series, you know, like he did last year, all right, let's you got to go on that road trip to Sanford Cisco against an elite defense. You know you got to hit the field running.
Speaker 1: You mentioned offensive line before you were watching Oluvashnu the Jets number eleven overall selection in the draft. We didn't get to see Tyron Smith take team reps today, but he was out there and he's been out there taking team reps throughout OTA's voluntary sessions. Waldy, I know you have gone multiple times to Cowboys camp, but for me it has been really something watching number seventy seven in action because if God wanted to create an offensive tackle, he looks like Tyron Smith.
Speaker 2: Well, two things about Tyron you know, really ever since he came out of USC is A he has no clock in his head about how long the quarterback is holding the ball. I mean you go back to Tony Romo days and dark days, like he'll block He never gives up on a play, and then once he gets his grips on you, he never lets him go. Like his his grip, his ability just to grip grab. I didn't get a lot of holding calls. He does it legally, but his ability just to once he gets these grips on you literally plays over and he'll hold that for as long as it takes for the quarterback to get rid of the ball. Like those are staples in Tyrone's game, and it always has been.
Speaker 1: He's unbelievable. Robert Salah was coming about the weight he throws around like nothing in the way.
Speaker 3: He's got tremendous upper body strength, tremendous.
Speaker 1: He said, he's wrapping like four hundred pounds on the bench like Salad does one thirty five. I think Salah is downplaying what he does on a bench.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean he's always had great upper body strength. It's been the hallmark of his career. Like he gets you inside right here, and he's got it. He's got you gripped, Like I don't care who he's going against. Nick Bo's a pick a guy, like he's gonna lock him up.
Speaker 1: How valuable is this time for Olu? Like we saw him get first team reps out there today and also into tree any camp because the Jets have to play the long game with a guy like Tyron Smith. And also Morgan Moses has come coming off peck surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's it's super vialbe and Carter Warren as well, the fourth round pick last year, who's looks a lot bigger and bulked up from a year ago. I mean, both those guys are getting all the number one team reps right now. Carter at right tackle, Olu at left tackle. It's great, young guys, give him. Give him every single one of these plays. I mean from listening to Aaron call the plays in a huddle, to the checks at the line of scrimmage to you know, seeing the blitz looks like it's you know, they've got it. As an offensive lineman, mentally, you just have so much more you have to absorb. So the more you can absorb right now, the more you can process, the more that you can the more reps you get, the better prepared you're going to be when and if your time comes during the regular season.
Speaker 1: Saying thing for Malkai Corley, I know he's not going to be the opening day acts or anything like that. Is Mike Williams returns from his own ACL injury, but this is super valuable for him coming from a system like he was running.
Speaker 2: Oh you go from West you know, you go from Western Kentucky to you know to New York Chester Daron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a big jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you go look at his tape against Ohio State last year and he had a good game against him. But you know this is different. Now, this is different. You're looking at you know, Sauce out there and DJ guys that have seen a lot of football and our elite players, like just good for him. Everything from running his routes to proper depth, making sure that he's seeing what the quarterback is seeing, cutting things off, reading man's own, seeing the different looks he's going to see. Like this is this is invaluable.
Speaker 3: This is important.
Speaker 2: And when you know people on the outside are talking about cutting back OTAs and mini camps and all this stuff going forward, like you got to take advantage of these days every day is really really important to a young kid.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's on there? How realistic is that?
Speaker 2: Were you surprised that I was surprised I heard it, but you know, you look, it's always you know, ultimately this is about give and take with the NFL players Union, right and you know the league and so you know they want to get to an eighteen game schedule eventually, sure, and they will. They'll get to an eighteen game schedule, two game preseason that you know, two by weeks like, oh that is coming. I don't know when it's coming, but so there's concessions. Okay, if we do that, then take this away. But I think what I saw out there today was.
Speaker 3: Really really, very really valued.
Speaker 2: And Joe Tipman's is the second year player, you know, like all these things are important for young players to you know, to get them ready and ratchet it up, you know, for the season. If you take a lot of this stuff away, I don't know how young player is going to really hit, you know, the season running and be able to compete.
Speaker 1: I agree with you un selfishly. I mean, if you're a player and you got a kid you got too and they're finishing up school, I don't know why you wouldn't want well, look.
Speaker 2: At look at you know Xavier Gibson and Jason Brownlee last year they both make the fifty three man roster. But they would they make the roster in a new universe where there's very little off season.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they would catch the coach's eye, get as many reps. You know, now you watch Xavier giftson out there and he's running with the number ones, and he's you know, he can be a starter out there in the slot. You know, like, I don't know, in the new universe of what they're talking about, if you would.
Speaker 3: Be able to make those kind of judgments about him.
Speaker 1: We all live vicariously through you and your travels and your adventures. Yes, So what does Baldi have planned post mandatory mini camps throughout the nationals?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I'm gone, Okay, what are you doing. I'm gonna be I'll be in Blize. I'll be diving in Belize, and I hope to get to Bali. I'm really trying to get to Bali through Abu Dhabi and uh, you know, I really want to stop in the Middle East and see some of the things that they're building out there. Have a layover on you know, Air Emirates, so I like to I'd like to take a flight where you can take a shower on the flight.
Speaker 3: You know, Air Emirates you could do that.
Speaker 2: So, like, I want to get to Bali, and I've been to Bali since nineteen eighty seven, but you know, there's some wrecks that I want to dive in Bali. I want to get to Ula Watu and look at some of the biggest surf in the world. So I've got, you know, really good, good travel destinations on the horizon.
Speaker 1: How many flights have you showered off?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Never, so this would be a first for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I want to I'm want to do a break it down now in the shower, but I am I am going to break down the shower on.
Speaker 3: The Air Emirates plane.
Speaker 1: Great s.
Speaker 3: Yeah, likewise, thanks,