Speaker 1: Charge some donkey to day is just so themselves. I've been watching Charlotte Mandy. I never heard them donkey other day say it again Charlotte, man, yes you are that Charlotte. That's true.
Speaker 2: Yes donkey Today for Monday, January twenty second goes to the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District in Charlotte, North Carolina. Salute to the seven or four drop on the clues bombs for the Queen City. Man, I love Charlotte. I haven't been to Charlotte in a long time. I'm definitely coming to Charlotte on my book toe and I dropped my third book upon your head top or whatever the hell Drake be saying. But today Charlotte Mecklenburg School District has to get the biggest he hard because they're playing with people who shouldn't be played with, and those people are teachers, dropping the clues bombs for some of the greatest public servants the world has ever seen. Public school teachers, Okay, the most overworked, under paid, underappreciated folks in our society.
Speaker 1: These people received something from.
Speaker 2: The Charlotte Mecklenburg School District that they should have received a long time ago. And they should receive often, and that's something as a bonus. Okay, Yes, two hundred and twenty five high school teachers received the bonus of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. That's fifty dollars more than the Stemmis folks got for COVID.
Speaker 1: Okay, and well deserved.
Speaker 2: Look, my mother was a high school English teacher for many years in the Berkeley County School District in South Carolina, so I'll overstand the need for a bonus for these high school English teachers, and the.
Speaker 1: Teachers got one.
Speaker 2: But as the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District give us the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District take off away. Let's go to Queen City News for the report.
Speaker 3: Police more than two hundred high school English teachers in CMS will now have to pay back money due.
Speaker 1: To a payroll error.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: In a statement, CMS leaders say two hundred and twenty five teachers received a recruitment bonus and the amount of one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. The bonus, however, was intended for teachers who are new to a critical shortage teaching area, which the district says was just an unfortunate oversight. Teachers now have to be able to have the option of repaying the bonus and a lump sum from their February check, or choose to be able to repay the money over three months. Now, CMS says impacted teachers will, however, receive a separate two hundred dollars monthly retention bonus.
Speaker 2: They want the whole Black History month check. Why y'all playing with them? People like that?
Speaker 1: Why y'all playing with them? Teachers like that?
Speaker 2: An extra twelve hundred and fifty dollars is a game change, and extra twelve hundred and fifty dollars can give folks some much needed relief in regards to their bills, food, rent. Hell, how about an extra twelve hundred might allow you to get some R and R, little rest and relaxation.
Speaker 1: You might be able to go.
Speaker 2: Get a massage, our new wig installation, your nails and feet done. All I know is an extra twelve fifty is a lot of money for everyday working class people, especially teachers. And then to send these people an email from a district HR letting them know that one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars will be deducted from their next paycheck.
Speaker 1: My god, that's cruel and unusual punishment.
Speaker 2: And then you send another email saying teachers will have the option to repay the money in a lump sum in February, are spread it over three months. Well, let me ask you a question, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District, Where in the hell are teachers supposed to get the money to pay y'all back? I did some research, and by research, I mean I did my Google's and the average high school teacher salary in Charlotte, North Carolina is sixty three thousand, eight hundred as of December twenty seven, twenty twenty three, but the rangely typically falls between fifty one thousand, seven hundred and seventy nine thousand, three hundred. You already know uncle Sam getting half of that, Okay, So all I'm saying is, these English teachers don't have one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars to pay back, right. Most of these teachers are already budgeting anyway. Every dollar is accounting for. Now you have to add another bill to the budget. These teachers are already paying light bills and gas bills and screaming service bills, and phone bills, childcare bills.
Speaker 1: I'm sure student loans. Now they gotta pay y'all back because y'all made a mistake.
Speaker 2: Nah man, I don't understand how these burdens always fall on we the people. Okay, if you made a mistake and gave me a bonus I wasn't supposed to receive, then you gotta eat that, especially when the bonus that was given was given the people who.
Speaker 1: Actually deserve it.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and twenty five teachers getting one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars a piece equates to two hundred and eighty one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. Now, I could be wrong, but I did some googles and it says the school that that school district, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District, has a budget of two point one billion.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just telling you whatout Google, And I don't even know if this is where that money came from. But two hundred and eighty one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars is nothing, and it shouldn't be nothing for the people who shaped the character caliber in future of our kids. When I say that two hundred and eighty one thousand, two undred and fifty dollars is nothing, I mean it's nothing if you have a budget of two point one billion.
Speaker 1: And once again, if.
Speaker 2: It's going to the people who shaped the carri think caliber and future of our kids, meaning the teachers, let them have it. Please, Let bring me mak give the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District the biggest.
Speaker 4: He haw he haw he ha. You stupid motherfuck?
Speaker 1: Are you dumb? Really grinds my gears this morning?
Speaker 2: Man. The teachers are more than deservant of a bonus. God bless them. If they get an extra one thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars and they paycheck, eat that, Charlotte Mecklenburg School District.
Speaker 1: Don't make them pay that back.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Let's let's let's open up the phone lines. Let's go eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: Is this foul?
Speaker 5: The fact that you're gonna give the teachers a bonus, a well deserved bonus, the fact that they need the bonus, and then after what five days later, you take the bonus back and say, hey, we're gonna take it back from you in a lump, some twelve fifty, or we're gonna break it down in the payments. That's horrible, And like Charlomage said, Christmas just happened. So I'm sure some of them had to pay off some of their Christmas bills.
Speaker 1: That's hard, some of their.
Speaker 5: Christmas gifts that they had to buy their kids. Or I'll shore some of their students asking eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 4: One oh five one.
Speaker 5: Let's open up the phone line. Should the teachers have to pay this money back? No? Or should the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District just have to eat it?
Speaker 4: Eat it now? It's funny. They find money for everything else.
Speaker 1: Eat it.
Speaker 4: They need something, they fined money. They need a new gym. They five money.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know anything about this school. Don't be generalized.
Speaker 4: People usually five money when they feel need money.
Speaker 2: They find we don't know the situation, all right, but let's just add somebody in Charlotte, now.
Speaker 4: No gym.
Speaker 1: We got right up that we want a gym. We didn't write no damn gym. Right, you start with a right, all right, you might city, all right?
Speaker 5: You eight hundred five eight five one five one. We're asking should the teachers have to give back the money? That is the question. Should the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District just have to eat it? That is the question. Eight hundred five eight five five to one. I hate you, yo, That's why I'm like.
Speaker 4: That's what the lady said. Earli yo. Show y'all show not empathy. You're not nice.
Speaker 1: I like the key keyy. I'm gonna get me the key care I know you're gonna get your key key. It's the Breakfast look aboard it. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.