Speaker 1: Windingo World Series with a sixty million dollar player on the bench would have to be more impressive than anything the Dodgers have done the last two years.
Speaker 2: Hey, with this guy here on this channel, I better say, coming at you live from my home studio and beautiful Love Point d California. This is Dodgers territory. I know, wrong channel, Guys. The Dodgers have won a baseball game. It's a good day. It's a good day. You take two of three in Philly, and I have my guy Noah Cameras joining me. Throwback Wednesday here or way back Wednesday here on this edition of the show.
Speaker 3: Been a long time, buddy.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we've been talking here, chopping it up while the Dodgers have been doing work in Philly. Guys, sound off in the comments, let you know, let us know what you think about the team, about the game, all that kind of stuff. I should note he's in for Alana, who's on vacation. Rizz will be back on Monday. Me and Katie will be here tomorrow Thursday. But yeah, quick instant thoughts this game, this series and all that kind of stuff before we really dive into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, first, thanks so much, for having me super excited to just pinch it today. And yeah, I mean, obviously to go into Philly take two out of three. Obviously take two out of three from New York too. It's a really great start to the second half. And you can't say enough good things about Tommy admind, just the impact he's made in the lineup. And also you got to keep giving credit to Eric lower Man. I mean, all he does is do his job for this Dodgers team, and at some point, you know he's gonna be an unsung MVP for them considering what he's done as a sixth starter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll talk a lot of Eric lower We have probably maybe some differing opinions on the hour. With the trade deadline coming up, let's get into some of the notes of the game here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, offense, I've missed this.
Speaker 2: You know, they had a good game where they put up what I mean seven runs late in the first game. Yeah, had had a nice movie because of movie, but you know here to be scoring early and often. You saw a big difference in this game in that it wasn't just the usual suspects. We saw Dalton rushing wake back up and you mentioned Tommy Edmund doing something for this team. I mean, I really want to focus on the rushing. Max Munsey, who we keep talking about over this road trip, has been hot. Another two run homer off of an ace or at least a former ace in Aaron Nola there. Talk about rushing here. Because this is a guy, obviously he's an internet darling. We will say solo homer top third there snaps an over nineteen streak, first homer since July. Second, does a forty one played appearance stretch. Later in the game, we have the two run double there. All this comes after he tells I think it was Bryson Stott at second phase, like get the half back and all of that.
Speaker 3: This is a guy. We know, this kid needs to play with fire.
Speaker 2: And it felt like after you know, the most recent I don't know, I guess bs with him.
Speaker 3: He kind of was playing d nutted.
Speaker 2: I was talking last night at my All Dodgers show that you know we were missing he was missing his mojo.
Speaker 3: Bro go does mojo back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like you said that over nineteen skid, you know it's gonna get you a little. They're definitely I mean, I don't want to say they working him into the ground, but it was pretty rare for him to be getting days off at this point. Finally, you know, obviously the double Edtery in play Sunday, and then he got yesterday off, which was you know, surprise, concerned how often he's been playing, which I think he needed it, and then he comes back with a little bit, like you said, a little bit of a vengeance. He gets the home run. I love the swing on that double, and yeah, I mean I do feel like that that moment with Stott. It's like, I mean, maybe it's gonna go viral on Drumboy because they always want to do that, but oh, either way, liked it. It definitely shows a little bit of that fire, that playfulness that he kind of needs, which means he finally looks relaxed again, which is what they need because they do have to keep running him into the ground for the next however long until will Smith is out unless they do something at the deadline. But yeah, I definitely love to see that from him. And he also moved down to the ninth spot today. He's really he's really been hitting the eighth and then they moved him down to ninth with Edmond Uptathe and obviously it or so you definitely love what you see from him today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here we have on the screen last ten games. This is including today a multi hit game hidden you know, under one hundred zero eight seven doesn't matter. It's about what you did for us today and what you do tomorrow all that kind of stuff. So hopefully this is a big wake up call for him because you saw, i mean early on in this game the offense was kind of looking stagnant again, and they kind of have It's that time a season. You know, we've been through this a number of times together and not together.
Speaker 3: This is the time of the season world. We're checked out. The team has checked out. We're a little checked out.
Speaker 2: Maybe they don't have the maximum focus, maybe they're tired after back to back you know, world series runs and all that kind of stuff. Not even maybe they one hundred percent are. Yeah that Dalton wasn't necessarily a massive part of that, but.
Speaker 3: You know, finding.
Speaker 2: Offense in different spots. You know, you don't have Tao necessarily hitting right now. You haven't had much from Tucker all season. Mookie has been at times a black hole at times on fire. You have to have that production down the lineup and having it back to back today with you know her guys, Yeah, Tommy Edmund and Dalton Rushing. That's where you get yourself the type of game, yeah, where you know Dodger's gonna put nine points on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I like you said, the top of the lineup wasn't really the one care I mean show Hey, he did hit the ball hard, but he went oh for four. You know you're not seeing it from Tucker. Like you said, Mookie had the great game a couple of days ago. But hey, if the if the bottom of the lineup keeps doing that, you know it's gonna it's gonna answer a lot of questions about what this team needs to do at the deadline, because the answer is going to be not much, at least on the offensive side of things, because even if Kyle Tucker continues to be below average, they're able to make up for it with you know, mister Tommy Tanks and again I mean don't rush. He is a key piece because without Will Smith, I mean Will Smith being a hitting catcher is such a bonus for this team. And you know he's usually in your three holes somewhere up there, so you really need rushing. You know, he gets off to the hot start kind of plateaued, but he is a pretty important piece. Without him, then you do kind of start to have a pretty big black hole in the lineup. So you know, it's as important as ever to have him. And I mean, you just can't find of good things about Tommy Edmond though. I mean, all he's doing is hitting for this team right now.
Speaker 4: It's it's really something to.
Speaker 2: Say, Yeah, it's another three hit game from Tommy Edmond. Let me scroll down find my Tommy Edmund notes, because it has been impressive.
Speaker 3: I don't remember where I put.
Speaker 2: Him, but I think it's something like nine multi hit games in his twenty eight games back or something like. He has just been so damn consistent with a three hit game today. There it is, Yeah, nine in twenty eight games, one of those being a four hit game.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've talked about this a lot.
Speaker 2: The difference of healthy ankle makes you know, we we saw him go out there and win that NLCS MVP. Maybe some of that was a little bit of smoking mirrors. Maybe that is the real deal with Tommy Edmund. I don't think anybody saw this version of Tommy Edmund. But now, like this is where I was telling you earlier, Like I think yesterday morning, I woke up and I kind of had this this feeling of dread deep in the pit of my stomach, of which there is plenty of about you know, just there's something that's not I don't want to say it's not right about this team or different about the team, but I didn't have the same good feelings about this team as I've had probably with like last year.
Speaker 3: Maybe even the year before that.
Speaker 2: Even when everybody's not you know, streaking together, riding together, hitting well together, they still find ways to win. But seeing Tommy Edmund produce and knowing that at some point in time Show Hay is going to go back to being show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Freddie's gonna.
Speaker 2: Do more of what he's done, you know, a multi hit game for him as well, a couple of doubles in there for Fredward Freeman Muns.
Speaker 3: He is absolutely on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get Tao going and you get maybe something out of Tucker. This is a very very dangerous lineup, and that's where you suddenly you feel I just get as we've felt a lot. You just get a little healthy, get a couple of pitchers back and then you're locked in for that postseason run.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, you think about if Kyle Tucker even has like a one to twenty WRC plus this year. I mean, you're talking about this team being historically great, but he's not even average right now. So that's kind of the one question of I don't know that maybe some of that dread and you're feeling is just of that that weird black hole in the lineup. He's making sixty million dollars a year that it's just not not similar that the Dodgers usually have. But you know, I mean what last yeard it was conforida you at least say, okay, you know he's only making whatever was seventeen nineteen, I forget exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh god, people were still so pissed about that too, And of course.
Speaker 1: Then you're still but then you you triple that, almost quadruple that, and you got Kyle Tucker doing pretty much the same thing, and it becomes a little more of a concern. But yeah, I think I think the Tommy Eddon good vibes are there, and you know, you got Keicky Hernandez back next week.
Speaker 4: He's gonna I.
Speaker 1: Mean he's he's four for four this year, you know, yes, yes, and he hasn't gone out yet, so you know you're gonna get good stuff from him. And then the trade deadlines right after, which it's exciting to see what they may or may not do. But it's always fun to add a piece because then at least you have something new to energize you a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean, as as we've talked about a lot here on the channel, particularly myself and and Katie Wu.
Speaker 3: You know, we always have.
Speaker 2: To talk about they're gonna have a great deadline because you're getting Blake Snell back, You're gonna probably maybe get Tommy Edmund I mean Tommy Tyler glasnow back, you're gonna get you know.
Speaker 3: So on so forth. You're adding Edwin Diaz next week or whatever.
Speaker 2: Still, so there's kind of your spark getting Kik one hundred percent as a spark. We'll figure out we'll talk a little bit more deadline a little bit later. One more piece on the offensive side. I mentioned a couple of times, but Maxwell Steven Munsey another homer two run bomba for him twentieth on the year. Bro has been on fire on this road trip, a couple of homers in there, the Ribby's, Uh, well, I think I thought it was three homers for Mounsie. But either way, he's been he's been locked in and again you get Munsie, you get Munsie in there, and again just those other guys. If you can have tail Or Tucker also hitting, Yeah, this is a frightening line up.
Speaker 3: Man, that's scary.
Speaker 1: Ut Yeah, I mean, I mean, Max Monsey's always been the guy, you know, he's if he's going, the Dodgers are going, which is crazy to think about when you have Mookie Freddie show.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, Andy.
Speaker 1: Po's having an All Star season, but once he's always just been that guy to run producer. If he's going, this team is out, he's gonna stir the drink. And man, it's been such such a season from him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously he gets rewarded with the All Star Game, and then he comes back in the second half and it just picks up right where he left off. And the second he hits that home run, you're just like, Okay, they're gonna win this game now. I mean, it's to go ahead home run. It's something he's continued to do all year. Hitting that big go ahead home run, and like you said, against the former ace Aaron Nola, who you know, the five to two, we are just flashed on the He's not the same, but you know once he does against anybody, I mean's he's just having that good of the year and it doesn't matter who the picture is because at this point he's just he's gonna have that big hit for this team. And it seems like more often than not one to have a big hit.
Speaker 4: It's been monthly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got more, we got it.
Speaker 2: We haven't even touched the surface when it comes to glazing on, Eric Lauer. So I'm gonna hear from a quick word from our friends of foul Territory and we'll be back to talk some lower.
Speaker 5: If you're watching us, you already know we're wearing mack Weldon right now as we talk about a great brand that may make things so comfortable and easy to wear. But if you're listening to the show, let me tell you a little bit more about mac Weldon with my friend Eric Kratz.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's comfortable, it's light, it's summertime right now. For me, though, they cater to what I need tall clothes normally when I buy tall clothes, it's like something that's cumbersome and boxy. It still fits incredibly well, super light, perfect for the summertime. They got me all covered.
Speaker 5: Comfortable performance material can be yours. Mack Weldon is the spot. Don't sweat the heat this summer. Feel as effortlessly cool as you look. With Mack Weldon. Go to Mackweldon dot com and get twenty percent off your first order of one hundred and twenty five bucks or more with promo code foul. That's m ackw e L d O N dot com code foul.
Speaker 2: We are back, and I did not really properly I think introduce you. Everybody who might maybe is here knows you, knows our history, knows we've done this before together in the past.
Speaker 3: But this guy, he is the publisher. He runs what do they actually call it now, You're run the Dodgers SI.
Speaker 2: Yes, so one of the the biggest and best site I trust. And there are plenty of Dodgers, you know, blogs and news sites and all that kind of stuff out there independently run. This guy is at least a likable figure. I'll tell you that much read his stuff. Not anybody else's. But we'll move on from that. We'll talk about Eric Lower because that's another guy I really like on the Dodger side of thing. He has just been another one of those Brandon Gomes Andrew Friedman pickups. It's like, there's no there's no reason. Yeah, you should have a what three a d R A and a Dodgers uniform consistently giving you quality starts. He's not great, he's not in Cy Young contention, but where would this team.
Speaker 3: Be without him?
Speaker 2: Five and a third, four hits, three earned on the board, five k's two homers and that's after two week layoff, you know, victim of the of the All Star break here. But yeah, just he has been fantastic for this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna call it stupid in the most complimentary a possible. It is stupid what Eric Klawer is doing. I mean, he has a I want to get it exactly right. He had a six point six y nine ERA with the Blue Jays and they get him in May after he's DFA and all he's done is helped the Dodgers win. Now, you know, Pitcher wins aren't what they used to be. Now he's four o as a Dodger. The more important stat The Dodgers are eight to o when Eric Lauer starts Slash the one game he had behind an opener, So they are eight and oh when Eric Klauwer pitches bulginnings for them this year. You can't ask for anything more from a six starter. You can't ask anything more from any starter. You know, if a team is eight and oh when you're pitching, it clearly means you're doing something right. Yeah, maybe some of the times the offense picks him up, but for the most part they don't need to, because if he's giving three or fewer runs up every time with this offense, that's enough to win a game. And all he's done is enough to win a game for them and eat any and fill the rotation need. And you know, show Hey goes down.
Speaker 4: You don't have Snell, you don't have Glass.
Speaker 1: Now you're a little concerned about where they're going to be, and now you have Eric Lauer, who's all of a sudden one of their best starters, which is crazy to think about, but he is truly. I mean, you feel there's two guys right now who you probably feel more comfortable with, and Yamamoto and Robleski. After that, you probably feel more comfortable with flour, which is just a crazy thing to think about, but that's what they've done. And yeah, I mean it's it's stupid that Andrew Friedman and Brandon Gomes and the rest.
Speaker 2: Of them did this, but I mean it worked. It really were That's what they do, and it's always funny. They just find a way to find some guys that maybe need a little bit of a tweak, a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of adjustment.
Speaker 2: It's not even like, hey, we're going to change your delivery and all of this or add a pitch. Maybe sometimes it's ad a pitch, you know, change a grip to make a slider a sweeper or something like that. For him, it's just, you know, use this stuff, go out there and pitch. Trust your stuff, you know, pit, throw what the guys are putting down for you. Trust your guy behind the blade, you know. Shout out Dahl Rushing, who's also called really good games these I think caught the bulk now of Eric Lawers. Uh starts there Dodger Dog and the chat saying he's just holding a roster spot for Snell and Glass. Now at one point he was Yeah, for sure, I mean, yeah, gun to my head, I'm taking him over him. But she in at this point and you know, you don't even need like, bro, don't even take the gun out. I'm good, like you know, he I like what Lawer has given this team.
Speaker 3: Beyond that, you know, it's it's what we keep hearing a lot.
Speaker 2: And I know my my co host here, Katie Wu, has written about it a lot on The Athletic. She still sees a path as do other people, still seeing a path to where uh this guy is traded. He is obviously he has been one of those guys. They they brought him in, they fixed him, and then he is somebody who could be moved for I don't know if it's another Dalton rushing time, I mean Dustin May type of Hall at the deadline. But you could absolutely get get a Hall, absolutely get a Hall from a team that's looking to get one of the very easily acquireable you know, ale wild card spots or something like that.
Speaker 3: Should they and why would they.
Speaker 2: Actually trade this guy because it just feels like, why would you give that up?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: So it's a weird one because it's at the one hand, it's this guy is probably your third best starting pitcher right now.
Speaker 4: He's not even the number six starter.
Speaker 1: He's the number three star concernering how he's pitching right now, and you know they're waiting on Snow.
Speaker 4: He's going to be back sooner.
Speaker 1: They're weighing on class now. It's kind of a mayde with Glass now and then show, Hey, really the biggest maybe of you know that it's gonna be careful with him, So why do they trade him?
Speaker 4: Is kind of the question. Now, I think we might disagree on this. I think you have to trade Lower, and I know that doesn't make so much tiense. He's spearing what I just said before that. But the thing with trading Lower.
Speaker 1: In my opinion is, yeah, he's going to help you get through the regular season. But yeah, they already won the NL West at this point. Yes, they're they're fighting from the number one seed, but you kind of feel pretty good with where.
Speaker 4: They're at now.
Speaker 1: And Lower, if everyone's healthy, obviously he has nowhere to be in the rotation or probably the postseason bullpen. Even if not everyone's healthy. I don't I just don't know how much you want Lower. He's probably not going to be in the rotation in the bullpen, as you know, someone his one issue this year has been giving up home runs. He doesn't get swing and mess, he doesn't get the strikeouts, and those are the things that play up in the postseason. So it just kind of seems to me, you know, he's going to be a free agent at the end of the year, so I am one hundred percent certa and he won't be in a Dodger uniform in twenty twenty seven. Can maybe ninety nine percent sirt, but you know he's not gonna be a Dodger next year, and it's almost one of those why not replenish the farm with him. I don't think you get as much as he got for May, but I think he still get a little bit because he's pitching better than May was. And at the same time, I think they also have to then go trade for somebody else to fill his role. So I don't think it's a trade him just for the same thing of prospect. I think it's get somebody else who you kind of envision maybe playing in October. But I do think that it's it almost makes too much sense to trade cash for him, flip him for a prospect too then become your next James Tibbs, and then also make sure you're still getting someone to fill that role this year. But I don't know, I just think it makes too much time. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I think in a vacuum it makes a lot of sense. I gotta trade here, bad bad ex beats in the chat saying Eric Lauer.
Speaker 3: For Trek Scougle.
Speaker 2: You know who says no, Yeah, I mean you made him an a's already as it is.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's it's two rental, so it's kind of like it's it's a wash. Uh.
Speaker 2: The thing, the reason I I feel more strongly about holding on to him is the fact that Justin Rableski is about to hit a career high an innings pitch and there's still two more months of baseball plus a postseason to be played.
Speaker 3: You don't really know the status of Tyler Glass. Now.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty strongly that Blake Snell is going to come back, and when he's back, he'll be there for the stretch run because hey, shoulder, shoulder is going to be feeling better, elbow's feeling better, all that kind of stuff. Also, the situation with with Otani who I wouldn't say shockingly, but through a bullpen today at at this Bank Park, thirty four pitch or thirty one pitches and then three also to the catcher standing up, which.
Speaker 3: Weird if this was supposed to be your starting to just throw bro But.
Speaker 2: Just that like like knowing that they don't have the depth that they usually would have at this point. Yeah, River Ryan is the reason you can't trade Eric Lawer in my opinion, If River Ryan is happy and healthy and bouncing and able to go out there and give you, you know, four or five six innings every six days in the Dodgers rotation, see what you have in him. See if all the things that I feel in my heart about River Ryan are real on the Big League mound again like they were, you know whatever it was two years ago, then I feel better about potentially moving Eric Lawer. But right now, just the state of depth in the starting rotation. You can't move a dude who.
Speaker 3: Posts every six days and like.
Speaker 2: You mentioned, there ain't no in his starts like that that means something. He's just he's a proven winner.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean that's the thing. It's like, like I almost contradict my argument. When I say, like, he's been so good and also they should trade him. But for me, it's just, you know, I mean, I just don't see a world. Yeah, you know, I didn't don't see a world in which he makes an impact in the postseason. And this is a team that always has its eyeset on the postseason.
Speaker 4: And because of.
Speaker 1: That, it's hey, why not again. I think it's with the caveat is that they're getting someone else too, that they're getting another picture who can eat any is because yeah, like you said, River rhyme, I mean that hamstring in Tree really screwed them over.
Speaker 4: I mean it just that that's a bummer.
Speaker 1: It sucks for River, it sucks for the Dodgers. And then you know, Landon Natch just hasn't developed into I think what they thought he'd be and you can't trust him to go out. And then the other guy who's in that same Boata's River with the injuries is Gavin Stone. I mean, that's the guy who you expected to be back this year and he's nowhere to be found.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Like so it's one of those things of all this depth they thought they had.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you know, you have Tony think about Michael Grove and you know where he and I know he's with Tampa, but like it's like one of those guys I like a few or ago they had all these guys to Pete in the starting rotation and none of them. So it is tough, but I feel that this team always has its eyeset on October and because of that, you almost exchange Lour for somebody that you at least think can impact in the postseason.
Speaker 4: Which I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: It's an easy thing to go find, but I just think with his home run issue, you know he's given up edge one a game right now, keep scaring the postseason.
Speaker 2: I'll definitely agree like he is, I'm looking at him like I am sacrificing a potential prospect in return or whatever, Like you're not gonna be able to get anybody that is is a playoff impact type of person. For Eric Lower, I just don't think that's a real ya. It's a prospect. And if you're if you're trying to, you know, worry about this season, you don't trade somebody that's gonna help you get through these one sixty two, hopefully help healthy, hopefully you know, not needing to have Yamamoto or Rebleskie or you know, show hey, whatever over extend themselves. If you're gonna get through this, like you sacrifice maybe that's shiny at the end of of the you know, the rainbow there in trading lower, sacrifice that to let him hang around, and you know what, hey, he'd be really earning that world series ring as opposed to some of the other dolls. We kind of just showed up and picked up a ring. Our our friend Ross Strippling in twenty twenty. Yeah, pick it up a ring, boy.
Speaker 4: It's my book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, like I feel like Lawer is like he's kind of just house money at this point.
Speaker 3: That's all Crazy's just.
Speaker 1: And it depends what they want to do with that house mine. Do you want to go gamble up more and try to get a nice, shiny prospect or do you want to just be happy to have it get you through August and September and then say, hey, man, thank you so much for your help.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean I also.
Speaker 1: To also contradict my point that farm system so loaded. It's not like they need another you know, it's not they need somebody anyway. I mean, so it kind of goes both ways, but they always want to restock, and he feels like a perfect candidate to help them stock up somewhere else. And I think, you know, I think they have to trade some of their outfielders prospects of the deadline, so hey, go get someone good, yeah, someone you trust in the postseason and and move lour to get something back.
Speaker 4: It's almost like a like a double edge there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's definitely a scenario where you could package Lour for with TIBs or something and maybe get some corner infield depth. You know, on the prospect side of things.
Speaker 4: We need.
Speaker 2: This team is super thin on catching prospects now catching depth. So that and that's the goal. That's something you know, Katie and I have talked about a lot on this channel. I know she's She's penned a lot of columns about, uh, that particular scenario.
Speaker 3: It's where they need the help. But you know, also again, it's so hard, they need him so hard.
Speaker 2: Being a Dodger fan, David Lee with the dollar ninety nine super chat by the way, he hit the dance. Hit the dance, uh, says undefeated Eric Lauer. To start in the playoffs, you know, what's funny is he would be one of the they Listen, this is a team that that won a World Series running Brent Honeywell out in weird capacities, you know, I mean they it was it was it was a Blocker Bueller, Jack Flaherty and and and Hope, and they won a World Series doing that. So yeah, I mean, I mean, I'm not gonna say Eric Lower can't make a postseason impact. Just the type of picture he is doesn't feel like somebody who makes a postseason impact. And for a team focused on October, hey, they'll get somebody else who can make a post heason impact.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just stip on, but somebody like Kevin Gosman. You know, I'm not saying they're gonna go get Kevin Gosman, but I do like Kevin Gosmans are gonna sell, He's gonna be traded.
Speaker 4: He can start.
Speaker 2: I don't think Eric Lawer's going back to Toronto. That would be awesome, No, no, sign.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I just mean do another trade for Gosman and go trade Lower to a different contender who's gonna give you a Like That's kind of how I look at it.
Speaker 4: Like if two different trades.
Speaker 1: It's lower goes or three trades, or it could be you know, but lower goes to this team.
Speaker 4: It gets you a prospect this side.
Speaker 1: You trade one of your prospects for It's almost like a replenishing the system type thing. Yeah, that's kind of how I look at it.
Speaker 4: But also I don't know. It can go either way.
Speaker 3: Waity, wait to stick stick to it. Take man, he's ready.
Speaker 4: I'm sticking. I'm sticking to that stick of the take. I want to be right no matter what. Yeah, I just want to make sure. I just want to make sure I play both sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we work together long enough, so that's what's made it this far for me. Got a little bit more to talk about here, I'm interested in also just global thoughts about the team. We will be right back after another quick word from our friends of foul Territory.
Speaker 7: Hey, for the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade, all in a setting that works for your family. And they've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families and Todd Father. You've raved about the homeschooling experience, Hey, if.
Speaker 8: You're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been homeschooled. It's a fantastic opportunity for them not only to get better in school, but timely fashion too, and make some new friends. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 7: See how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 2: We got a little more DT for you here and also remind you guys, if you haven't done it yet, hit that like button subscribe to the channel. Help us get to twenty thousand subscribers. We'd appreciate it if you did. We just hit seventeen thousand subscribers, so that's pretty cool. Get to celebrate that with with Katie Woodemorrow. Actually I think we did that before, But anyways, we'd appreciated that, share with your friends, share with your family, share it on Facebook, all that kind of stuff. Quickly, I mentioned the show Hey thing we got show Hey news today with the the random kind of bullpen session.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say random.
Speaker 2: Dave did say at some point coming up he would be throwing a bullpen session. Did not expect it to be on the day in which he was supposed to start, But anyways, it doesn't appear like it's in a change the timeline at all for him. Is it strange to you though, that it happened and on the day where he's supposed to pitch, and maybe kind of lending itself to lending more credence to the idea that they're just kind of giving him more of a an in season blow than a lot of the issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was quick.
Speaker 1: I mean it was, Hey, we're gonna we're gonna give him a little bit of a break. And then also three days later, Hey show, why do you go throw a thirty plus pitch a little pen sash?
Speaker 4: You know it?
Speaker 1: It does kind of feel like, obviously, you know, they talked earlier in the year, how important the cy Young was to him as the year went on. You know, once he got to that, yeah, the all Star break of only having I forget these up. It was fourteen stars, but there you go eighty five. I need you know, it was clear he wasn't gonna win the cy Young and then I think got one point at some At that point it's okay, like, where can we get you a little bit of a blow somewhere because we need you in October.
Speaker 4: We need you.
Speaker 1: Pitching, especially with how the rotation looks with all the other injuries, Like we really need you in October. So yes, I think it was much quicker than any of us expected show we to go throw a bullpen, and I think, like you said, it's just it's clear of let's get you a little break somewhere, and this is our way of doing it. We can blame the bum knee that it must have affected him more because the number showed it. You know, his first ten starts he was dominant, the last four he wasn't as much, So like it.
Speaker 4: Clearly affected him.
Speaker 3: But also.
Speaker 4: If today was.
Speaker 1: September twenty second instead of July twenty second, he would have pitched. So it's I think it's just kind of clear that you know we'll get you a break where we can get you a break, and mean.
Speaker 2: Why not, And I'm perfectly fine with it. Again, the thing that makes it the most difficult is, I mean not even difficult, but you wish they had just a little bit more starting pitching depths. That's where this organization is struggling, just a little bit there. We also got in Edwin DIA's timeline update today. Expect him back to start that homestand we'll dive more into that tomorrow. Myself, Katie Wu who was a part of that scrum, I want to talk about three guys before we eventually get out of here, like between Mookie Betts, Ta Oscar Hernandez, Kyle Tucker, all of them. I want extended Kyle Tucker thoughts. Also, somebody as a chat said you look like Kyle Tucker. I think is my buddy Ken said you look like Kyle Tucker, which.
Speaker 3: I was saying, that's rude. I think it's love people.
Speaker 4: As long as it's just here and not you know, not from the from the side.
Speaker 3: If only it was in your bank account, We'll tell you that I would.
Speaker 4: Be happy to look like Kyle Tucker in my bank account. You know, I'd be very happy.
Speaker 3: In your kind of estimation.
Speaker 2: Now you've covered this team for a while, you've covered a couple of World Series runs. Who is the most important guy, the biggest guy that you need to see get it going? Between those three in particular, Mooki, Tayo, Tucker like to have it, get it going, and get it going consistently through the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Who who's going to make the biggest.
Speaker 4: Impact in your opinion?
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a wrong answer, Like I feel like, you know, I feel like on this lineup, you just need anybody else to get going. But I actually think it's Taoscar only because of what you've seen him do in the big moments, hitting the big home runs in the postseason, kind of being that energy guy. You want a run producer in the middle of the lineup. And as much as I love Mookie best and the defense he's playing is amazing, I just don't see him getting back to that level offensively that he was, which is okay, Like he's thirty plus he's on the other side of thirty, Like he's not going to be that player anymore. But Ti Oscar should still be the player he was last year offensively, and with Kyle Tucker, it's just such an unknown because he hasn't been there for a long playoff run. You haven't seen him, and obviously you are expecting more from him. But they've won the last two years without Kyle.
Speaker 4: Tucker, and it's like, do they need Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: They didn't need him when they signed him, so it's almost like it was great that they got him, and you know you're expecting more from him. But yeah, I mean, it's honestly crazy to see AM ninety six WRC plus next to Kyle Tucker's name. That's just that's just insane to think about how much money he's making. But I don't know, I just think it's tail because you know when they when he's when maybe some of those guys are slumping at the top. I mean, you think about to twenty twenty four, when Mookie was coming off of the multiple bad postseasons. They they Freddie was coming off the bat post season. They needed someone like Ti Oscar to come through, and that's the guy who if he's producing the middle of the lineup, I think everyone else kind of feeds out of it, and yeah, having say Munsei and Ti Oscar just bringing in runs, I think is kind of what makes this team as good as they are.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go to Oscar, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Tao's my guy. And what's funny is I mean about this time a year ago?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it was more of an August conversation.
Speaker 2: You know, Tayo came back from the injury, was very clearly not himself, and we had Dave Roberts on the show and I asked him about Taylor, like what's going on? And you know, when you asked Dave a tough question, you know how he is. He'll he'll take that pause and he'll find a way to navigate it the most diplomatic way possible, which is exactly what he did. And he was like, I trust Hayo to this is be paraphrasing, but I trust Tyo to switch it back on when the lights are at the brightest. And we saw that in the postseason last year. You could think of, you know, that Philly Series. They don't win that Philly Series without him and Oryan Kirkering throwing a baseball to Mary Hart I know played or something like that. But Tayl like, I think he finds something I really do. And yeah, you know he's a run producer. You know, he's a grown up. You know, he has prodigious enough power to get a baseball out at any time of year. We've talked about it before where the baseball does not fly as far at Dodger Stadium in October. It's cold, denser air. We've we've seen you know, Gavin Luck standing there dumbfounded Will Smith.
Speaker 3: I think I think we watched that that one Will Smith.
Speaker 2: We thought Will Smith hit a homer in the twenty three postseason and it's just it went nowhere, stopped short even up to that eighteen to any game this past postseason run we thought he had one. We thought Freddy had one. Yeah, Tao has that kind of pop. Dodger Dog says, Tayo need to stop swinging at junk. Yeah, that is one thing. He is expanding the zone, and he does that when he's trying to force production. But you get Tao going to do you get you know, I mean, realistically, of the three I laid out between Mookie, Tayo Tucker, you need two of them to be going in the postseason. It's hard for everybody to be going against you know, the best of the best pitching. But if you have Taoskar going and you know Edmund continues doing what he's doing, we know how Freddie is in October, Like, that's where I start to get the warm feelings again, the positive feelings. I don't have that existential dread of I don't know. Three p might be tough, because inherently it is hard, but it's a lot easier when your lineup is going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean again to Kyle Tucker is just such a wild car, Like it's just we've never seen him in October four of the Daughters. Obviously he has his own resume and it's been amazing, but you've never seen him produce in this lineup. And I mean even this year, we haven't seen him producing this lineup. So I think it's if Kyle Tucker is going, this team's unstoppable. But it's just hard to it's hard to snap out of it. And you know, after a month, okay it's been a month, after two months whatever, we're post All Star break and he's a blowout average offensive player and he's a well blow average defensive player. So it starts to get a little concerning there. But again, I don't think they need Tucker. Like you said, if two of those other guys are going, and that's kind of what it looks like, but it'd be nice to have your two hundred and forty million dollar man going, because there's the reason.
Speaker 2: Yes, if Tucker ain't hitting you, you can justify benching him and then boom key Oktober lives on once again. He'll be healthy, he's he's he's batt in a thousand this year. It'll all sort itself out.
Speaker 1: And Wadio World Series with a sixty million dollar player on the bench would have to be more impressive than anything the Dodgers have done.
Speaker 4: The last two years. I mean that that would truly be an insane storyline.
Speaker 2: That's what we're here for. Quickly I was signing off, appreciate you hanging out with me. You guys given a follow out. Noah cameras on the Twitter machine. Ten grades to our ten days until the trade deadline, super tight. What do you want to see this team do? I want to see them out. A catcher doesn't have to a big name, just I want to see them get some depth at the catch us. I mean, I like what Elizar Alfonso's done. I just want to get somebody else there. And again, I want to see them at a starting pitcher, whether it's a Kevin Gosman somebody like that, somebody who can start and then also work.
Speaker 1: In the bullpen in October. So those are the two things I want to see. And I'm trade Eric Lawer assuming you're getting that other picture. So those are the things I want.
Speaker 4: To see them do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gosmin Gosman suddenly makes a lot of sense with Toronto being out of it. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us here on the show. I'll be back tomorrow twelve o'clock Pacific time myself Katie. We were taking comments questions there, but no appreciate the time, buddy. We'll do this again soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Bye.