Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, his eyes up here. I am between the extreme crean scene and I am so happy to be here. When iHeartRadio, I am joined by my co host Chad Dad. Do you feel the excitement in the air.
Speaker 2: The excitement is so thick you could cut it with a knife.
Speaker 1: We have been waiting for this launch for it seems like forever. I know it's only been a month or two, but I have been just waiting to be part of the iHeart family. And now I am here along with you, and I couldn't be happier. I am thrilled.
Speaker 3: This is great, This is awesome.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's been it feels like a long time coming, but it's just been great, the anticipation and the excitement. And now it's here, and I think we're all ready to party. Party with iHeart Radio, iHeartMedia.
Speaker 3: We're already to roll.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're static to be here. We've been doing this now for four years and I feel like we've hit the big time. You know, it's great. We're really happy to be here. I want to thank those who have come along with us for this journey. To our new subscribers, welcome, I'm going to give you a little backstory on myself for those of you who might not know who I am and just stumbled upon this show out of nowhere. Again, my name is Francine. I have been involved in the wrestling business for thirty years now. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am an ECW original. I have also worked for the WWE. I have also worked for TNA Wrestling, among other places, and we we still get out there and do conventions and the occasional show and podcasting has taken over my life. So I am more than happy to be here and to share not only my wrestling knowledge with you, because this is primarily a wrestling podcast, but we like to call it a lifestyle podcast because we literally talk about everything. My love for Disney, my family, what I ate for dinner last night, you know, our health problems. Like anything under the sun you can think of, we discuss on here. Nothing is off limits. Sometimes you might be grossed out, sometimes you might be intrigued. It just depends on the day. But I am again happy to be here, and I thank everybody who tuned in today, and hopefully you will keep tuning in and tell your friends about us. So, Chad, why don't you give us a little bit of background about yourself and then we could start the show.
Speaker 2: It's nice that you condense the thirty year wrestling career into like get a minute in thirty five seconds.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good too. I'll take up the next ten if you want, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if people want to look me up. You know, Google is your friend. But I'm not gonna sit here and put myself over for a whole hour. It's just rude.
Speaker 3: Well allow me to be even more rude. I'll take over that audience.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I've been podcasting for about eight years. I've been in broadcasting for about twenty. I've worked for WWE, I've worked for The Howard Stern Show. I've worked for the Philadelphia Phillies and NBC News. But on the wrestling side again, and in podcasting, I've interviewed who's who of professional wrestling and been around the wrestling world myself for a number of years. So to be paired with you like we have for the last four has been the highlight for me. And we've done so much and we've had a lot of good laughs, a lot of good times, and now being here on iHeartMedia is to me the highlight, and as you go along this journey with us, a lot of the stories come out about my experience in addition to Francine's lengthy and awesome thirty year career in wrestling.
Speaker 3: So I can compliment some.
Speaker 2: Stories in such a little tiny way, but my stories will pop out as we go along as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I I just want to emphasize, like you can't always believe what you hear or read on the internet. So my goal in having this podcast is for my fans to get to know me on a personal level and get to know the real fran Scene, not just the character that you've seen on TV for years. Because I'm telling you she was a real bitch. Nobody liked her. She was called every name in the book. And while it was fun to play that character, that is not me. And so I want to give you guys an insight on my life. Bring you into you know, my home life, what's going on with my kids, my husband, my family, stuff like that, as well as the wrestling aspect. So yes, we will talk about tons of wrestling on this show.
Speaker 4: I will have.
Speaker 1: Special guests, like today, we have an awesome guest coming up in just a couple minutes, but I get a lot of my ECW family on here. We also get people from the entertainment world. We've had actors, we've had musicians, we've had comedians, and I'm going to continue that trend and try to get you the best interviews possible. So really really looking forward to being with the iHeart family, and we have a lot more to come and really excited about that. Wanted to just start off with a plug if we can, because we have a big show coming up and Chad, you're a part of this as well. I will be in Virginia Beach on November eleventh. Yes, I got the date right. I never get dates right. Awesome. So we're going to be in Virginia Beach on November eleventh. We're going to be doing a signing from eleven to one pm, So if anybody is in the area, come on down and say hi. And I am looking forward to meeting everyone down there. It's going to be a blast again. Chad's going to be with me, and we're going to be you know, promoting this podcast and promoting iHeart. Now that I'm part of the family, I will just promote iHeart as much as I can, so hopefully I'll see everybody down there and we'll put up a graphic at the end of at the end of this podcast to let you know the address and everything. But really excited about getting back on the road. Been working on a lot of dates for twenty twenty four. The big one coming up is WrestleMania Weekend. We're going to be in Philadelphia for that, and I'm hearing that it's going to be a big thew reunion of sorts. My sources tell me a lot of the guys will be booked and we're going to be doing a lot of fun things together. So that is the beginning of April, and I cannot wait for that. But we are working on other projects that I hope to be able to discuss soon. There's a lot on the horizon, you know, and it's a pretty exciting time. And I'll be honest with you, at fifty one years old, I am flabbergasted that I am getting all these opportunities to still, you know, get out there and do things, and that people are still interested in, you know, myself and ECW as a whole. So it's very humbling and I just want to thank everybody for you know, sticking with me for this journey for thirty going on thirty one years now. It's amazing. I can't believe it. I sit back and I think to myself, how the heck did I ends up here? You know, because it really that I never thought that it would lead to something like this. You know, you get your first action figure made and you're You're in video games in the year twenty twenty three at fifty one, Like wow, you know, And I'm not trying to toot my own horn. I'm amazed at myself. I can't believe this is happening, Like you know, it's it's just it's surreal and it's cool, and I'm very appreciative and I can't wait to see what next year brings, because there's always something new that comes in, some new opportunity on the horizon.
Speaker 4: So it's great.
Speaker 2: Who would have ever thought how much the business evolved from nineteen ninety four to now, right, Who would have ever thought action figures would have taken off the way they have, because back in nineteen ninety four, it was only one line of action figures or two line of action figures. Now there's thirty different people making them. And everybody and their mother has them. And you guys now have the ability to see different variations of yourself in action figure form, and it's cool to see I have different different attires, different sculpts, different molds, and things that you never could have imagine now come to life, right.
Speaker 1: And I'll remember, you know, when we were in acw my heart was broken because I was supposed to get an action figure back in the nineties, and then they told me, well, the girl figures don't sell, so we're just going to go with the guys. And I was just like, oh, how dare you? So? I never thought i'd get my own action figure, but now you know, I have one, and there's other opportunities on the table for more stuff, and it's just it's a it's a fun time, you know, and I'm just so blessed that I can be involved in stuff like this. So I'm really happy, and you know, with the projects that I'm working on now for next year, like unbelievable stuff is happening, and it's just it's it's so fun and I'm so happy to be a part of the wrestling business still, because some people just tend to fizzle out and you never see them again. You know, I try not to be so in your face, but I want you to say, hey, how's it going, You're still around, glad to see it. That kind of thing. So it's it's fun to be involved.
Speaker 2: It's fun, fun to be involved, and anytime they get to meet you, it is very fun. Unlike some other superstars out there that it might not always be the greatest experience, like we've talked about in the last few weeks on Eyes up Here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody has their own it like that. Like I try to be happy and you know, so we're going to email our guests now and get him because he's impatible.
Speaker 3: It's on the way, okay.
Speaker 1: He just texted me and was like waiting for email. It's coming on the way. Okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, the reception isn't what it's meant to be. Sometimes in the basement, what can I say?
Speaker 1: Or excuse me?
Speaker 3: The Eyes up Here Studio Undiscos location.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: He is not tardy to the party. He is ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 3: That's great, So well let me give him an intro. Well wait till he pops up, because they just pop up.
Speaker 1: He's there, he's ready to rumble. Can we go?
Speaker 3: I just want to wait.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting to see if the lets make it sure my reception isn't there?
Speaker 4: We go?
Speaker 3: This is where I'm about to tag out of the entire I could have.
Speaker 1: Been talking about him for a minute. Now I know him as Bubba. I will never call him Bully Ray. I am so sorry. I cannot call him Bully Ray. It is Bubba Ray Dudley to me now and forever. I can never call you Bully Ray ever. I don't know why. I know that's your thing, but you will always be Bubba to me.
Speaker 4: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: I'm talking to you?
Speaker 5: Are you talking to me? What do I amuse you?
Speaker 1: We're live to tape. Okay, you know we're back in back in E c W D's. I'm saying Bully Ray like I can't get behind that name. I could never get behind that name.
Speaker 4: Franny, you call me whatever you want to call you.
Speaker 1: Don't call me for dinner, kid.
Speaker 4: You know I haven't missed the meal in a long time.
Speaker 1: I think you look spelt can okay spelter?
Speaker 4: Swelter? Then you swelter? How are you?
Speaker 1: My friend?
Speaker 4: I am great since the last time I saw you a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Since you saw me then that was the first time in a while, and I was very, very yes, it.
Speaker 4: Was no, not at the last autograss session.
Speaker 1: I saw you at the arena. That was the least time, no where.
Speaker 5: I just saw you at a signing when Devon took a picture with your big butt.
Speaker 1: I said before that I hadn't seen you in a while.
Speaker 4: Oh, then it was at the arena.
Speaker 1: It was my peach butt. My butt looked so good in that picture.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, not too shabby for sixty two.
Speaker 1: It's how dare you? He won? Babe one?
Speaker 4: You look amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't lie. Who cares like? I don't care? So you know I want to talk to you, and I'm not going to be like who trained you?
Speaker 4: Please don't because I won't.
Speaker 1: Answer a million times we've been over there. The first thing I want to discuss is because I don't really know what happened. You just had a pay per view. You job to a girl. Good job, by the way, great thanks. What triggered the name change back to TNA from Impact? For those of you who don't know, Bubba works for Impact. They're on the up and up I see in bigger buildings. I love it. But I saw a very passionate promo from Scott the Moore where he dropped like five F bombs. I was like, what is this really necessary? I guess it was an F bomb.
Speaker 4: He has to donate five hundred dollars to charity.
Speaker 1: Is that is that why he does it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I don't know why he does it, but that's what he does. He will donate every F bomb five hundred dollars to charity.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's nice, very nice.
Speaker 4: Why the name changed?
Speaker 1: Ye? Why back to TNA.
Speaker 5: I think Impact Wrestling discovered that as they were negotiating throughout the world to get Impact on, you know, into certain markets, that the TNA name, those three letters still had value. People like to chant TNA. Listen, the original chant was ECW, but right after that it was TNA, and there are fans out there that still call it TNA.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I believe that they are embracing their history and that they're going to bring this name back because in certain parts of the world like England and India, TNA was more watched than the WWE. So I think they want to see if they can take advantage of all of the good press that they got in the past from the name and move it forward. All the fans that I have spoke to you so far, all of the boys that I have spoke to so far, love the fact that they've gone back to TNA. So I believe it'll be called TNA, TNA Impact.
Speaker 1: Oh, Okay, So it's kind of like a merge.
Speaker 5: The company will be called TNA, but the name of the TV show will be called Impact.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like that. That makes sense. I like that.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: I worked the first pay per view for them where you had to pay, you had to pay ten dollars to say the product that was back in the Nashville fairground days. But it's been a while. And I saw the picture from the pay per view this week and we were we were kind of comparing aw's crowds to the Impact crowds because my point was, they're showing all these pictures of AW with all the empty seats, right, and I'm like, why isn't Tony Kahan getting smaller arenas and making it look better for TV? And then we pulled up a picture from the pay per view and it looked fantastic. It looked fantastic on TV, and you know, there were people there, but it wasn't like the empty seats and all this sudden. And I said, they're doing it the right way. You know, even though you've, guys, you've basically been around for what twenty something years now, you're still doing that slow build and it's working, and I mean, everything looks great. Everybody I talked to says they love the locker room and they love working there. I got to hang out with the girls one night after one of the conventions. They were the sweetest things ever, and I said, well, if I was twenty years younger, I would love to be on the road with them. It just seems like such a fun like it reminded me of VCW, like a fun locker room where like not everybody's trying to stab you in the back.
Speaker 5: This is probably in my top two favorite locker rooms of all time, top two, so ECW would be number one obviously, because listen, ECW will always be special period, end of story. I don't care who thinks differently than me. It is what it is. We changed wrestling history forever. Blah blah blah. If you don't like it, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 4: That's just the truth. It is what it is.
Speaker 5: This locker room is so it's just nice. Everybody gets along. There is a healthy competitiveness to go out there and have the best match of the night. In ECW, I do believe there was a healthy competitiveness, but we still had veterans there who might have had an agenda or two. And I'm talking about a small amount of veterans there, small amount.
Speaker 4: I don't see any agendas here.
Speaker 5: The creative team and the talent work so well together. Ideas are listened to. They're not just schleuffed off. It's a good bunch of guys and gals. TNA is smart enough to run smaller buildings, and I don't even know if I can call them that smart because they haven't had a choice. They've had to run smaller buildings because they have not been doing as well in the past year. TNA truly has earned around, and I think it's because they brought in some names to work with their homegrown talent, or the younger talent there, or the established talent there. Because every locker room needs a good mixture of veterans, homegrown women who can wrestle the whole nine yards and I think that's what you're getting from TNA right now as far as aw and the small houses. First of all, people who take pictures of any wrestling company's arena to show that there's nobody there are pieces of shit and don't belong as a part of the wrestling community because they're not doing the wrestling community any good. Every major wrestling company in the history of wrestling companies has their ups and their downs. You have your sellouts, and you have your nights where next to nobody shows up. So this this, this industry will always be a giant roller coaster. Sometimes you're hot, sometimes you're not. It can all be like you, Francy, and it'd be hot all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, Babe, I never said I was, but I agree with you one hundred on that. I you know, we just got sent pictures and we brought it up, and that's exactly what I said. I said, you know they're having an off night. You know, you can have a night where you draw fifteen thousand. You can go to I don't know, somewhere in buff Uck, Louisiana, and you draw five thousand, your house goes down. It just depends on your demographic and where you are, and but everybody, you know, we want them to fail. This is the demise of this company. And I was like, why would you want something to fail? You want all these people to be out of jobs? Like, how hateful are you? It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: These the people who want to see any one particular wrestling company fail are failures in their own life. Him and misery loves company. So they need to be able to sit there and hide behind a profile picture of SpongeBob SquarePants with thirteen followers and talk crap and post pictures and do whatever they do because when they look in the mirror, they're miserable and probably want to run full speed into a brick wall. Not that half these people could run anyway, because they lack athletic ability.
Speaker 6: Period In facts, He's.
Speaker 5: You know, aw is the same as any other company. They're going to have their peaks, they're going to have their valleys. Now, if they're seeing that the valleys are continuing and they're booking themselves in twelve to fifteen thousand seed arenas and they're only getting a couple of thousand people, yes, then they might want to think about scaling back to smaller venues, or cut the venues down even tighter. Listen, you can be in Madison Square Garden, but you could cut that arena down to an eighth of its size if you wanted to, and just put twenty five hundred.
Speaker 4: People in there, sure, and it'll look packed.
Speaker 5: Or you cannot pay Madison Square Gardens rent, you know, and go someplace, or go to the mid Huffinson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie.
Speaker 4: Love that building and there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 5: But if you're if your ego can't handle the shit that's going to be said on social media about the scaling back, then you're going to have an issue. It's not this business is not great all the time, and it doesn't suck all the time.
Speaker 4: You just have to learn how to ride it.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you a question about you because this is a question that I get from so many people, and when I give my honest answer, I get something different back. And I don't know where it comes from because the bubba I know, and I'm gonna put you over. We've been friends for a very long time, right, and I see you as not only like knowledgeable in the business, right, but I see you as having a good heart, and we've had so much fun together when we hang out and you're funny, and you know, you're talkative, and we can talk about anything under the sun. And when I tell that to certain people, you're talking about Bubba, You're talking about Bully Ray. Why do I get such an attitude from people when I mention your name?
Speaker 5: Because people don't know who the real me is. That's first and foremost. I'm an old school wrestler. If I'm a heel, when you meet me in person in real life, you're getting the person that you see on TV. Because the last thing I ever wanted is people to go, oh my god, I met Bubba Ray Dudley or Bully Ray. He's so nice. Well that just killed all the credibility of what I've done on TV.
Speaker 1: Well, what about promoters? What about him?
Speaker 5: You find me a promoter that I have worked with that has something bad to say about me?
Speaker 1: Okay, so they have to work with you.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, Francine, I am so straight up with the way I do business right. I don't deviate. Here's the price. Here's what I'm gonna do. If you try to get over on me. I am going to verbally eviscerate.
Speaker 1: You, and I one hundred percent agree with you on that.
Speaker 5: So these promoters see that they can't if a promoter tries to get over on me and I tell them no, or they conveniently forget to tell me something like, oh, didn't I tell you about this extra stack of three hundred pictures I need to sign, No, you didn't. Thus I'm not signing them.
Speaker 1: That just happened to me. Same thing three hundred trading cards.
Speaker 4: I work with.
Speaker 5: I work with plenty of promoters who know as long as they're straight up with me, I'm straight up with them. And I don't like to go do a million and one things. I keep myself what I do and what me and Devon do. I keep it exclusive so that when you do see us, it's special. I'm not going to do every Tom Dick and Harry's, you know, autograph session or indie show or anything like that. So if any of the promoters that ever come up to you that might have some derogatory things to say about me, put them on your podcast with me.
Speaker 4: Oh and I'd be more than happy to put them in their place.
Speaker 1: I might have to do that so we can get a return visit out of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people in the wrestling business cannot handle straight up good business because a lot of promoters try to get.
Speaker 4: Over on the boys. And you know this, I do. I'm sure promoters have tried to get over on you.
Speaker 1: They just did with the training they put. There was a stack of cards and I sat down and the guy was like, And the funny part was half the cards were Shane and I. So it was the split signature thing. So Shane had already signed them, and I said, what is this and the guy goes, oh, just sign them. I said, am I getting paid? And the guy goes, well, no, you're the guy that brought you in is getting the money? I said for my signature. This wasn't part of the deal. So if I didn't sign those cards, they couldn't be sold because Sheen's autograph was on it, but mine wasn't. I held out until he paid me, as you should.
Speaker 5: Right, You're in the Francene business, and Francene deserves to make money on her pictures, her autographs, whatever it is you want to sell. Now, if somebody comes up to me, if a promoter comes up to me and says, hey, Bubba, I want you to sign for two hours, and then I have like an extra ten mail orders that I'd like you to sign. I'll ask him what the mail orders are or if they want me to sign a couple extra things, And nine out of ten times the answer.
Speaker 1: Is yes, because he told you.
Speaker 4: You tell me up front. We have no problems.
Speaker 5: It's not like, oh, by the way, no, oh by the way, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: I know, well, it's funny, and I'm switching gears a little bit. I try to find and we didn't find it, did we try? So I tried to find this video of us because my next question was, and I know what you're gonna say, because you just did it on the pay per view when we did a house show. And this is back in maybe ninety I don't know, ninety six, ninety seven something around there. I beat up all of the Dudleys, and I don't remember where we were, but I remember I did something the big Dick. I did something to Devon and then you let me give you a diamond cutter and laid you guys all out, and then I ended up carrying Spike to the back right, and I remember after we were done, I went to each you, and I apologized because I was always scared that the boys were gonna resent me for an idea that Paul had. Did you ever get mad like by having to put like a girl over or having somebody less stature? Like? I know it's the business, but some of the guys had a chip on their shoulder about it. You know, she's a girl, why should she beat you know? Why should she beat me up or pin me in the ring?
Speaker 5: Well, I've never had a problem with what you did to us that night because I don't even remember that happening.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to show the video of it.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It's the house show it was. It was like a quick little thing and for some reason Paul, I don't know if Shane was injured and I didn't have anything to do, and he said, oh, let's just go pop the crowd and you go beat up all the Dudleys.
Speaker 4: And I was like what, And I was.
Speaker 1: So afraid I was going to get heat for it, But I didn't know this.
Speaker 5: Is This is an art form, and this art can be whatever we want.
Speaker 4: It to be.
Speaker 5: Rules still apply to this art form. But if you do something the right way, you can get away with it. What is your nickname? What was your nickname to this day, the Queen of extreme, the Queen of extreme. So if you're supposed to be this tough bitch who has been was the first girl that I know that ever got super bombed through a table, If you're supposed to be this tough and this much of a badass with cans out to here.
Speaker 4: Then it's eyes up here, eyes up here.
Speaker 5: And as my good friend Tony Storm says, chin up kit's out, big mark for Tony Storm. So then yeah, if you're this tough of a girl, then yeah, on a given night, you might be able to get in a couple of shots on the boys. Are we doing it every night? Absolutely not now. At the pay per view The Battle Royal, The Gauntlet Battle Royal, it came down to myself and Jordan Grace bully right six with three three hundred pounds. Jordan Grace is five two, a buco to soaking wet with a brick in a pocket.
Speaker 7: Okay, but she's a former powerlifter, she's a former bodybuilder, and on that moment, on that given night, the sun shined on her and she had her personal best lift when you competitive powerlifters, competitive weightlifters, they have what's called a PR, a personal record or a PB, a personal best that means you could lift that weight one time in that one moment.
Speaker 5: You may never be able to do it again, but in that one moment in time, you were able to get that personal best. That's what Jordan Grace had. She had her personal best record and was able to hit me with that move. And that's why it makes sense, right. But if you have girls just going out there just beating the shit out of all these men, it's not that believable unless your name was China. Can I see Charlotte Flair wrestling a guy and stretching them? Absolutely? Can I see Ria Ripley fighting a guy and beating the shit out of them? Absolutely? But it can't be every single night. There's ways to do it, and when done right with the right psychology, I believe it's acceptable. But there's a lot of girls wrestling guys right now who are just doing stuff that like a tiny little girl can't give a bigger guy nine Canadian destroyers in a row. It just makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine's too many? Just eight? Yeah, I know you said something that triggered me at the signing. You had asked me about the super bomb through the table and how I landed and if I have pain from it, and I you know, I told you, I said, every time I see Gary Wolf, he always tells me how much Anthony protects at me. And I never felt the same way. I never I never felt like I was protected on that bump. And when you said that, it made me feel like I was justified in my thoughts because you know, I said to myself, is it me? Is there something going on? But when you told me that, I was like, damn, I'm glad somebody else realized that there was something off on that because, like I said, to this day, I still have problems with my tail boone and my lower back and the arthritis and this that and the other thing. But I always felt guilty for feeling that way because and I love Gary. I never had heat with Gary Anthony. That's another story. God.
Speaker 5: I mean, first of all, I like Anthony and Gary coming up work with the pit Bulls. You know, good dudes, But nobody has mastered the art of putting somebody through a table like I have. And that's not me blowing smoke up my own ass. It's just a fact I have had more women in my hands, and seriously, I have had more women's in my hands that I have super bombed through tables than anybody else, and nobody else Francine has even tried it. Yeah, you might get a guy who gives a girl a standing power bomb, but you'll never see somebody sit on the top rope and do the sit out one that I do. And I'll never throw a woman the way you got thrown because it's almost impossible because of trajectory to land a woman or a man for that matter, flat.
Speaker 4: It is a little easier with.
Speaker 5: A dude because a heavier dude will go south before they head out. I can get a heavier dude to go straight down a lighter woman. The minute I come off, her body will want to float out, and your body floated, and that's why you landed on your tailbone. I believe that Anthony, Gary and Anthony had all the best intentions for you. I mean I don't. I don't know they Maybe they didn't, but I don't know that. All I know is I've seen you. After years and years of doing this and seeing how you landed, I can tell you I'm not surprised if your hips were broken or at a whack for your entire life, because you landed on your talbone and your hips, and just one of those bumps can bang you up for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I broke my pelvis right after that, so it kind of added to the lop side. And it's that I was already having as I was walking, But it just triggered me. When you said that, I was just like, wow, somebody else noticed, and it's not in my head that it was off, Like I always felt like it was off, and I get I always get compliments on it, like wow, it was such a great bump, and I'm like, yeah, it hurt, like you know what I mean. But I just you know, when you said that, it just made me feel justified in my thoughts.
Speaker 5: So yep, I would have never I would have never done you like that. I would have held you in and and kept you close so I could control your body more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Anthony, I liked Anthony, just to clarify, but he he would always ask me on dates and I would always say no, and that resulted into some stiff moments in the ring. And so I feel like it, and I love Gary to death, but I was always scared to have to work with Anthony. And then when we got into the program where Shane and Anthony worked together, I got stiffed a bunch of times. And I never said anything back then, because you know, I was just taught to just shut your mouth and if you have to cry, go to the bathroom, go cry in the corner, do something. Don't let them see you. And that's what I always did. Yeah, and that's what I always did. But uh, you know, I hate to talk about him because he's not here, but we had Todd Gordon on Todd Gordon goes, oh, should I talk about the time that Anthony thought you should give him a BJ because you know, you were his manager and he felt like he deserved one, and I'm like, no, we don't have to pay, we don't have to really go into details. Yeah, well, you know that's a lot of the nineties. I mean, I feel like the women or have more respect maybe nowadays, but like back then, I was just trying to prove myself and like, yeah, I want to work and I want to be seen as one of the boys. I don't want to be seen as some girl who came in as somebody's girlfriend off the street.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So when the guys would say stuff, and many did, I would kind of just brush it off and some got the hint, some didn't, and you just roll with the punches. And that's what I did, all right, Yeah, well you have to do that. But I never knew if it was deliberate or if he just if it was accidental, because things had happened before that bomb, and I.
Speaker 5: Mean, from what I could tell, just the wrong angle and I would have just held you instead of let you go.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, I gotcha. Let's talk about something fun. Let's talk about Busted Open. You have a spin off now you do the Fat and the Furious. I think you're the Furious, Okay, am I right on that one.
Speaker 4: You are correct.
Speaker 1: You've been with them for years now, right since.
Speaker 4: I've been with Busted Open now for six years?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, how did your spin off? Because now we have Busted Open after Dark. It's on Wednesday nights at ten pm.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yes, the after Dynamite.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, how did that come to play?
Speaker 4: You say again?
Speaker 1: Did you pitch it?
Speaker 5: They asked me about it? They had asked me about it. And I, and I said, yeah, sure, I would be interested in doing my own thing. So, like you just mentioned The Fat and the Furious, Like Dave Lagreca is the guy that created Busted Open, he's the lead host, it's his rock and roll band, it's his baby. I'm the first one that got on board with Dave. Uh just basically on a conversation that we had one day, and I was looking at it from like a like when you watch a show on ESPN, like with Shannon Sharp and and any like a stephen A Smith, where you have the the expert, you know, or Hall of Famer or the pro up and the fan, and that's what gives Busted Open that interesting dynamic. Then we brought Dreamer on broad Then we brought Mark Henry on board, and Mickey James came on board. So whenever, whenever Dave is out and I host the show, I always like to give the show a little bit of a name or a little bit of flavor. So when it's me and Tommy, we call it The Fat and the Furious, you know, And then when it's me and Mark Henry, I named it the Hall of Fame and Pain. So you always know what you're getting as a listener, and Busted Open after Dark is just me and whatever music I want to play and whatever I want to talk about with Dynamite. And I've been asked like, how come you don't have any guests on your show? I said, I don't want guests. I want the fans to be my guests. The only feedback that I want is from the fan base who just watched the show on TV or just left the arena. I basically wanted to be like a tailgate party after a rock and roll show, or a tailgate party after a wrestling event where everybody's in the parking lot and like, oh my god, that was great. Do you remember this? Did you see this? And just it's it's it's generated by how I felt about what I just watched, constructive criticism, and then I opened up to the callers and we talk about wrestling. And my persona on Busted Open after Dark is more of my just genuine, jovial persona, Like I don't even call myself Bully Ray, I call myself Uncle Bully. You know, come hang out with Uncle Bully for the night, Lay on my couch, Tell me your problems. Oh, I tell all the hot chicks to call in, We'll put you on first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what I was going to ask you. So the chicks go to the front of the line. Is the slogan that you use, right? Are you hooked up with the UH because you're doing it from your home obviously, Are you hooked up with like a producer that handles your phone calls? How do you know who's calling?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's full blown radio, full blown radio fans, a serious ex what the hours are, sight of the art, it's state of the art. I have two producers with me, you know, live call ins. I mean I get call ins from Canada, you know, from the West Coast, from from every everywhere. And what when I you know, when I talk about women calling in, I always like to put first time callers on first. And I like to hear from our female UH fan base because you know, pro wrestling is really dominated by dudes.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I always like it when when women call in to talk about wrestling or to give their opinion about wrestling or ask a question about it. So and it's also a little you know, I have fun with it, but it's chivalrous, you know. You open the door for a lady. You know, you let them. You know, it's just gentlemen, le to let the lady go first. And that's why I love it. And it doesn't hurt. If they're hot.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you know they're hot?
Speaker 4: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they convene.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Have the sweetest boys, but I don't know. You close your eyes and everyone's hot, right, turn out the lights, same deal.
Speaker 5: That's it when you're in the when you're in the bar at two in the morning and the lights come on, you know what that's called.
Speaker 4: It's the moment of truth.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're like, oh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Put the shades back on one one of these nights. Can I pick your your band? Uh?
Speaker 4: Who's your favorite band of all time?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Oh my, you know, yes, I will?
Speaker 1: You will?
Speaker 4: You know as a kid growing up, were.
Speaker 1: They your favorite?
Speaker 4: Two? No?
Speaker 1: Did you want to marry John Taylor? Like?
Speaker 4: No, quite the opposite. But here's the thing.
Speaker 5: So, growing up as a kid in New York, I used to listen to Z one hundred and Duran Duran was on every other song. I mean, Duran Duran was the hottest band in the world. There you go.
Speaker 6: So I'd be like, oh, what is it Duran durand how this shiit sucks? About where's Judas Priest? And I had made a slayer in Metallig. Meanwhile, where were all the hot chicks? Dan concept?
Speaker 1: Because they were all hot?
Speaker 4: And it took me. It took me years. And the light bulb.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like when you figure out psychology in a wrestling match for the first time.
Speaker 4: The light bulb goes off and you're like, oh wow.
Speaker 5: And then that day came when I was like, Wow, Duran Duran is really good.
Speaker 1: But you don't like any of their music.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 5: I like a lot of their music. I even that what was that one last hit they had, the Ordinary World?
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful song, What a great song?
Speaker 1: Beautiful song? I love New Moon on Monday. Yeah, my favorite one from them, The Chauffeur, is a good one. I'm just in love with the band. I'm in love with John I will be until I die. He was supposed to be my husband. I don't know what happened with that, you know, but they are my favorite. And I said to myself, I'm going to ask Bobbo one of these days if he can use Duran Duran.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe I'll have you on one night and uh, and you can introduce Duran Duran.
Speaker 4: As the band of the night.
Speaker 1: I would love to. Okay, just pick a knight that I'm awake, because sometimes I fall asleep early. I'm I'm a little bit on the older side. I'll tell you what. I've only been to I think five concerts my whole life, maybe six. One of them was Kiss and I wasn't even a fan, but I became a fan after I went to the concert.
Speaker 4: But who took you?
Speaker 1: Shane Yes, And he made me that bastard. So he made me carry a cooler, a big ass cooler because we had the box, the press box thing yep. And he said he they won't check if a girl's carrying it. So he goes in, Damien Barron goes in and here with this cooler, and we lined Coca Cola cans on the top, but underneath was like a bottle of Jackway. There was like all this liquor. And I'm saying, and they're walking away from me, and I'm saying, I'm going to get arrested, and I don't even know where. I think I was in Baltimore, Maryland, I don't even know how to get back, you know, what is going on. And the guy goes open your cooler and I opened it and I smiled and he goes go ahead, and my heart was like thank you.
Speaker 4: Sorry was it?
Speaker 1: I ran like hell? But it was heavy, but you know, we got in there. But it was a great concert. I was so impressed because they all had big high heels on yes and running up and down and I said, Jesus, I'm a girl and I can't even do that. So that concert was great. But the best concert I ever went to the Wiggles. Wiggles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't say that I've been to a Wiggles show.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. Parked the car, had my kids with me. They were tiny, saw two Wiggles walking across the street. We grabbed those kids and drugged them down the street to get the Wiggles and take the picture with them. And they were the nicest and they rocked and I loved them. And it's the only time I really marked out because my kids were so happy.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, you marked the Wiggles.
Speaker 1: Totally marked out. Oh my god, I knew their names. We took their pictures. They touched my kids. And then at the thing, my daughter gave the bow to the girl and she wore the bow and it was just as a parent that made my heart so happy. So that was my favorite concert that I've ever been to. But I haven't been too many because I have anxiety. I always feel like if I'm in a crowd and I have to pee, I'm going to keep my pants because I can't get to a bathroom. Okay, I have problems now that you could just wear an adult diaper and you're good to go.
Speaker 5: But back in the day, I see some of your posts that you put up there on the old Twitter machine.
Speaker 4: Have you got you got things going? They got that this ended cameras down your throat.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't even do that yet. I'm freaking out about that. And now a urologist wants to see me. So now I have urology. A G I an O G B Y. I got everything going on? Everything. Yeah, just say a prayer.
Speaker 5: For me, because I'm sure you'll be Okay. Your hardcore, you're extreme, You're extreme.
Speaker 1: Have you gotten the upper and lower gimmick? Yet?
Speaker 4: Have you gotten the upper and lower given?
Speaker 5: I feel like you should have taken a drag off of a cigarette, then ended it with, brother, have you got the upper and lower yet?
Speaker 1: Had?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 5: Actually I got the camera shoved up my butt because I had something happened to me about a year ago that scared scared me. Blood in your blood, like bad blood. I thought I was gonna bleed out, and I got to the hospital. No, no, it was. I never took pain pills in my whole life, you know, and that which is a miracle coming out of ECW. But what I did take for the pain all my career were advil and a leave. Well, I guess just after twenty five years of advil and a leave, it doesn't it doesn't sit right with you and you get like these blood pockets that'll build up. Why why is your mouth dropped open right now?
Speaker 4: You okay?
Speaker 1: Because my doctor just asked me what do you take at night for pain? I said, I take one leave and he said, stop taking that. It's going to destroy your stomach.
Speaker 5: It can, Yeah, it definitely can. Honestly, though, Franny, I don't think one is going to do it.
Speaker 4: Not one.
Speaker 5: I mean I was swallowing. I was swallowing like four or five a night to deal with the pain. So because I never wanted to get on percocets or you know, any of that stuff. So what happened to a lot of the guys. But yeah, after twenty five years of taking it, finally caught of me and im and I'm bleeding like crazy. So they told me, uh, you know tomorrow you're gonna go in for uh what's the thing? When they shove it off the butt.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lower colonoscopy.
Speaker 4: Is okay, colony?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm in the room of the exam room with five female nurses. Now you want to feel vulnerable, you're naked in a hospital gown. But why you're flipped over on your side and I'm trying to make chit chat?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about the weather?
Speaker 4: I don't know with them?
Speaker 1: Are you putting yourself over to them telling them?
Speaker 4: Who? No?
Speaker 1: No, not at all out No.
Speaker 5: I didn't hit it with the old Do you know who I am? When I was face down, ass up?
Speaker 4: Uh? But this was funny.
Speaker 5: So the lady who uh uses the uh, you know, the stuff to put you to sleep?
Speaker 1: The thing?
Speaker 4: I think the thing, yeah, anesthesiologist.
Speaker 5: So I look at the size of the needle, she has that she's gonna pump into me my IV and I'm wondering to myself, is this gonna be enough? So I said to her, I'm like, excuse me, ma'am, do you really think you have enough in there for somebody my size? And she's like, Oh, don't worry about it. You're gonna be fine. This is And I remember looking at the clock and it was two minutes to twelve noon, and I said to myself, I wonder if she's gonna And I woke up in the recovery room. That's how quick it knocked me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm just scared because it's upper lower. And then the scope because he goes, oh, we have to get a scope. See. I had five surgeries on my stomach. Five two were sea sections, three were to repair my abdominal region. Right, I've had a surgery twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, so three consecutive years they worked on the same part. And the third year they put a mesh panel over my abs to hold them together. Now I'm getting to the point where where I when I eat something pain, I'm in pain, and I'm bloated. I always look like I'm pregnant. And you know as well as I do. If you go into the gym and you work out, you see results on every single body part except for the mid section, and my mid section looks like I'm three months pregnant. I'm sick of it, so I want to go to the doctor see what's going on. Initially, he said, you have so much scar tissue built up that it's never going to go away. And he said in the bloating, we don't know, so we have to do you know, we want to do the upper and lower and then we want to do the scope and see what's going on and see if you have an ulcer. Maybe that's triggering. What's you know, happening down there. I don't know, but anytime I eat, it could be a cracker or it could be a seven course meal, fat as a house. And it's annoying because I'm trying to stay in cheap and look good for fifty one. But you get this part of you that you can't control, and so it's it's put me in a little bit of a depression because I'm not pregnant and I look pregnant.
Speaker 4: I saw you the other day. You look good.
Speaker 1: I'm thick. When was thick?
Speaker 4: You know I don't agree with you?
Speaker 1: Well, I agree, Look, I appreciate it, but the next time I'll let you give me worse.
Speaker 4: You could look like Dreamer.
Speaker 1: I'd be part of the Fat and the Fat, Fat Furious.
Speaker 4: Team Fat and the Furious.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, terrible. Anyway, I'm going to get it checked out. I'm gonna let you know how it goes. I do want to come on your show one night and we'll sit here, tell the people where they can find you. I mean, we just kind of talked about it, but on the Twitter machine and everywhere else.
Speaker 4: I don't even know my handles.
Speaker 1: I think you're at Bully Ray is real.
Speaker 5: It's real Bully fifty one fifty okay on the Twitter machine, and then on Instagram it's Bully Ray Team three D Academy or something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't even know. You probably find me at your local McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I don't think we follow each other on Instagram.
Speaker 4: You want me to follow you? Yeah, that's what shit starts getting here.
Speaker 1: Follow me everywhere? Yes, you need followers. We need to follow each other, all right.
Speaker 4: One day we'll go get drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to figure. Well, definitely WrestleMania weekend. Yes, but that's far away. I did invite you to my Burgatta event.
Speaker 4: I was busy doing a job.
Speaker 1: You were a busy job into a girl. That's okay, I understand. Listen, this was great. I want to have you back on.
Speaker 4: Okay in the future.
Speaker 1: Well, anytime we didn't, we hardly scratched the surface. I kept you fifteen minutes later. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Why don't we have you on Busted Open on a Wednesday? Because every Wednesday we do Women of Wednesday, women who have affected the wrestling business in a positive way. So let's have you on.
Speaker 1: Let's have me on because the last time I was on, I believe it was with Mark Henry and it was like two or three years ago, so it's been a while. So have you're there. Yeah, if you're there, you can ask me different stuff, all right, nothing pertaining the wrestling.
Speaker 5: It'll be great, no zero, We'll talk about Duran, Duran, Atlanta City and getting blitzed.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. I hope to see you soon. We'll keep in touch. I love you. I thank you for coming on.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is Bubba Ray Dudley, my friend, take care baby, bye bye. All Right, that was a good one. That was a fun one. I didn't expect the bleeding from the a hole at the end, but you know that's.
Speaker 3: Always once it got there. I was going to another.
Speaker 1: Jim that nobody else probably touched on in this business.
Speaker 3: So that's the headline. Uh uh, face down, ass up Bully Ray with five women.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, it's kind of like the Tony Storm thing tits out shoot, watch for the shoe, but face down as up.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 2: It's as somebody who can sit here and always listen to guy guys and gals like self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, history fly on the wall. I love it. I could listen to you guys talk for hours.
Speaker 1: We could have did that for hours because there's so much history between us. And for everybody who says he's not a nice guy, he really is a nice guy like I. I just don't. I don't know, maybe because I've known him for so long. I just feel like he gets a bad rap, but tremendous worker, even better person. So so throwed that he came on and I think for our first I Heeart episode, that was a good one, absolutely so happy to have had him. He broke the cherry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, it's a New York thing. I have to say.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say some people may not understand what it's like in the Northeast, the New York attitude.
Speaker 3: Some people are in your face.
Speaker 2: I mean I had you know coaches like that growing up, that they're in your face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you might not like it.
Speaker 3: They tell it like it is. You know, I was afraid if I said boo, he was gonna.
Speaker 4: Say shut up.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, hey, I didn't want to say a word for your coach or Bubba no bubba. I know, Okay, there's a there's an A and B conversation, say see your way out of it. But no, I mean, I think that's a lot of the criticism is that they're afraid. I think people that they don't get the New York attitude.
Speaker 3: And he's got it and he's the man. I mean, what can you say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's great, he's been a friend forever and great episode, great first episode. So please guys, leave your feedback, let us know what you thought. And please subscribe if you had not subscribed to this channel, you know this podcast, Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcast. And you know I am again I keep saying this, but I am so happy to finally be recording for iHeart and I just hope it. You know, we have many, many, even better episodes in the future. I don't know how you can beat this one. This one was pretty good.
Speaker 2: They're going to be coming fat and furiously the fat, fat and furious.
Speaker 1: I'm the second fat. I don't like to call people fat, but I feel like I'm blowed it all the time and it's sad. But anyway, don't feel that way, I know. Anyway, Cheddester. Where can people find you if they want to follow you on social media?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can find me on Twitter. It's at Chad I A n B so Chad E.
Speaker 3: And B on Twitter.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, it's at IB Exclusives, which I also have a website that is called IB Exclusives and it's just very simple ibexclusives dot com.
Speaker 3: And you can find me here.
Speaker 1: On ice up here all right, and can we pull up that really quickly? Can okay? November eleventh, Virginia, Beach, Virginia. I'll be signing from eleven a m. To one pm at the Virginia Beach Field House. There's gonna be a plethora of sports stars there. I believe I'm I'm might be the only female.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm the only female in the picture, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I believe you will be the only female.
Speaker 1: Only female there. You never know who's going to pop up at these things. But like said earlier, I don't get the Virginia Beach often, so please if you are in the area, come down and say hi. I'd love to see you. And Virginia Beach Sports Card, comic book, Pokemon and Collectible's expo.
Speaker 2: Can I also add for other for wrestling fans. Rick Flair's Starkade eighty three robe will also be in attendance. You have to share the wrestling spotlight.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's Rick Flair. I'll share it with him. I'm going to give a big WU if I see that robe too.
Speaker 4: Try it on.
Speaker 2: We talking about can you think the doubt it's probably gonna be behind plexiglass.
Speaker 1: Oh it's for sale, I doubt it.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's just a.
Speaker 1: Show off piece. Okay, Anyway, if you want to follow me on social media, I am at e CW Diva Francine on Instagram and on Twitter, and I also have a YouTube page and you can find that at ECWDVA Free Scene as well with an exclamation point at the end. So go over there and subscribe. Subscribe to this podcast on iHeart and until next time, make somebody smile today.