Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Chris, i'm's the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Bochers.
Speaker 2: And here we go Hatch Nuclear Plants in Baxley, Georgia. Bluegrass Taxi Frankfurt, Kentucky, saying I'll share all the wisdom from the show with everybody. Marshaville, Tennessee's ready.
Speaker 3: Fight Alabama, larderdel County, Huntsville, Alabama, The Rock and City make the Showsburg Arkansas again.
Speaker 2: Let's good. Sacred Heart Hospital Lab. They're ready, Mount Washington, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: We're Inden, Alabama, home of the Hayden Podcast.
Speaker 2: They're in.
Speaker 3: Notathan, Alabama. Pennsylvania is ready.
Speaker 2: Let's help somebody say short week. Yeah, it is a short week. We're here coming off an active weekend. We'll update you on Matt today on the show. Speedy, Greg and Adler, as you heard, are here. Uh and yeah, we'll all take Independence Day off. Uh So Friday will be a Rick Burgess show replay. Uh so uh uh still still doing the looping. Uh So you you will be uh you will be enjoying an old show on Friday as you celebrate our nation's two hundredth and forty ninth birthday. So and when we're moving toward the s Squino and spokesman, you need to be better than that Squinchial centennial. Let me call yes, that's I don't know how to do semi Quinn Sidien centennial.
Speaker 4: Semi Quinn centennial.
Speaker 2: You can't do that semi quinn centennial. You're gonna have to. Well, that's so much harder than by centennial. Is so much much sound like somebody's missing. You made up a word. Gosh. I was telling my you know, I went to New York to spend time with my oldest son and his wife, and I was discussing with them that, you know, I will be speaking on behalf of America as far as Alabama's concerned, of the fifty to fifty United States, in the fifty nifty United States and so well Alabama, and we're getting ready for the two hundred and fiftieth. And I told them, I said, you know, believe it or not, I'm old enough to remember the by centtendal absolutely and we all had our school day pictures made on the Liberty Bell. Now I was ten. One thing I didn't expect from my daughter in law, who was a brilliant woman. She said, Wow, so y'all had to go to the Liberty Bell, I said, not the actual Yeah, well they shipped all of us. No, no, it was it was a replica that that we all had. And even Sherry hollered from the back of the house getting ready for us to go, said me too, I remember that. So of course she was in like first grade. I think I was in fifth grade. Like I said, I brought it up before. I remember, you know, the bicentennial coins our grad Dad gave us a role like we were supposed to keep them because they were like to keep saying. We ended up spending them down at Taylor's Grocery. Oh yes, we can get some gum. Yeah yeah, fifty nifty United States, the thirteen original Carl. Oh yeah, we had all kinds of places. Would you like got played Indian? Would you would you like to know that when we sang fifty to fifty that that was one of the first gigs ever got as a DJ. Oh, I did not know that the choral teacher let me be the DJ voice. I didn't even know that was coming back. You don't I don't remember that. I remember that you were a spoken word. But in our unprejudiced opinion, I love May is the best, oh Rick, and I got the voice that's came back to me, and there was a list. There was something more than unprejudiced, remember that being the last part in our whatever whatever, unprejudiced opinion is the best.
Speaker 5: And then from the didn't need do you have your copy for Independence Day yet?
Speaker 2: Since you're hosting the fireworks show? No, I don't.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, I know you won't think about that till till that morning. You have so much going on then, but you're gonna have to dial in Quincentennial.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Quin that's a tough one because you know you don't even rhyme with anything. Really. No, So no, that is Friday night when I host the fireworks there an American village in Alabama, Quincy. You know how you try to get everything put to bed?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 2: So they sent me parking passes, water bottles with fans on them, all the all the things, not my not my script, but the hot you know, the things for the day, the maps and all that, and then they and then she puts in there, of course you'll need the wristbands, and I go through the bag and I'm like, there's no wristbands in here. They fell out clearly, so there's no wristbands.
Speaker 6: So I'm sure there were no knowing is detailed as no, No, now.
Speaker 4: There aren't now, but there were.
Speaker 2: Yeah the bag most definitely the bag was tied up. I took everything out of the bag. There's no there's no arm beds in there. So the salesperson that picked it up either dropped them out or an arm Okay, buddy, I'm just telling you there's no That's what we're to believe.
Speaker 4: So you think the person stole them to sell them.
Speaker 2: I don't think they stole them. I think they may have neglected to put them in there. Yeah, somebody, you know, there's you know, there's a lot to put in that bag. How dare them? Right? So I've now I've got in the next really few hours, I've got to come up with wristbands because it's coming. Oh yes, say that word, Rick, sim Simmy Quinn centennial. All right, you got Simmy Quinston. If I can see it, I can, Simmy Quinson, Simmi Quinn Centennial. But you know, of all you said, it ain't what you were saying A few minutes ago. No, no, no, it was not even close that that's correct.
Speaker 8: And Quin's another one that's semiquid, Yeah, cential, semiquintential.
Speaker 4: I think that's the seventy five or the one.
Speaker 2: Wine whatever, semi quinn and then centennial.
Speaker 4: But there it is.
Speaker 2: I will tell you of all the of all the states. So in my in praiserous opinion is they live there. So has your outfit company come in? Is your outfit come in? Your big uncle Sam? I was telling no shorts. I've been I've been telling no shorts. They said I can't wear shorts on the main stage.
Speaker 8: Organization had to tell you that you can't wear shorts. Rick, I said, it's an understood I.
Speaker 2: Said, I said, what's appropriate dress? Last year I wore my John Daily flag shorts. Please tell me you didn't explain it to him like that. I did. They said, you can wear what if you want to roaming around, But when it comes time for the stage you start, we need you some slacks. Yeah. So, because because it's America, it's not like it's you Tennial. You have a white wig you're gonna bring with you. I'm not doing that. It's too hot. What's the weather. I didn't looked at the the weather hotter in hell extended for the forecast, and that actually said hotter than nine.
Speaker 6: This is what the forecast has not me so do I'm not mojo, and I'm sure this is just what it says. That Friday is the one day that there's no rain forecast.
Speaker 2: So but we'll see. You know how it gets midwek it'll change. Oh you think I don't know how that is? What shall I tell you about my flat home? By the way, I just got home just a few minutes ago. Yeah, your truck pulled up my litters. I was actually early. Yeah, and I look and I said, hey, Rick, sorry here, I got on in there. And then no, I said, now, Betty ain't left. We got back so late. I didn't even come and get my truck, and he had to pick me up for work. You had picked that in I did. Scared me standing in the dark. Here's I started to reflects.
Speaker 8: Here's an Instagram story of you in a subway thirteen hours ago in New York City, right down.
Speaker 2: I thought my plane would leave on time. I was wrong. Look how you grinned and you were happy. Yeah, that's a good fakes. Now, I had a good visit, had known back. Hey, and how about this, if you decide to go visit your your your son and his wife who are locals, they'll they'll make you do the subway. They'll make you do local things. Oh my gosh, Hey that subway. That's a different that's a different world down there.
Speaker 8: Hey hey, uh inexpensive. Uh it's usually pretty dependable, but man, not a not a. Tunnels are hot, not a polished experience. Tunnels are hot, not over to clean, no, really polished. And some weird people and some interesting folk. Weird folks that you.
Speaker 4: Under trapped in a tube underground the whole time because you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look at them sometimes I go when was the last time? How y'all like saw daylight? Yel just stay down this, stay down there with the goes right all day. Yeah, you're not a bad singer, but this can't be good that you're down here. Yeah, you know, and a good job. And y'all probably seen this on on social media because i'd seen it before, but I lived it. The guy who gets on the train and says and about it, and he always use the term eleven seconds and eleven seconds I'm gonna turn it out and here y'all get ready and he and he starts dancing and hanging on the poles and you saw it. Yeah, and he listened. What what I noticed? What I notice is really annoys Blake. Blake goes with him a lot, you know, traveling, but he's done with it. Blake turned his back to him and said, look y'all, just swear, just get through this. I said this kind of thing. I said, this annoy he goes, Yeah, a noise man, he goes. You know, he feels like, it feels obligated, and it makes you feel bady, you give us something. I sa like, you're a terrible person because he does it all the time.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show Strange and Colors, the new podcast from Rick Burgess. Got it no wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the brand new episode episode six now out. Catch those Well, we'll take a week off on that this week with Independence Day coming up, but it would be a great time for you to catch up on the on the new podcast about spiritual warfare. Wow, what a story from this past weekend. If you haven't caught that one yet, get it wherever you get podcasts. Thanks for your feedback on that and a lot of you getting the word out on it too. It's it's it's an intriguing topic, but we want to have the right balance with it. So anyway, thank you so much for that, and you can get that if you missed it over the weekend. Also another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits I think episode twenty four Ricking Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. Another episode came out this past weekend too, remembering some of the more memorable moments of those three decades and just so much fun, so many great memories, and we thank all of you for supporting those years and supporting what's going on now too. So let me hit this US tax shield. Look, all of you both individuals are business owners listening. If you have tax problems and you feel like you're losing control of your finances, can we just stop the madness right now? If you owe over ten thousand or more and back taxes, the RS is the largest and most aggressive collection agency in the world. They can and will seize your bank accounts, they can and will garnish your paycheck, They can and will close your business, and they can and will file criminal charges. So yeah, I mean that's that's a pretty big deal there, and it's not going away. The government would like to settle this as much as you'd like to settle it and get it off their books. But you need help, so talk to the folks at US tax Shield. Don't try to navigate this water. No, no, these waters are rough. So why don't you go to and hear about their price protection guarantee quote to get you protected today, no obligation. They're A plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. So call today one eight hundred and seven six' nine seventy three four zero or go To Rick burgess show dot com under. Sponsors by the, way someone's got it on the text nation because this song was at every school, everywhere fifteen to fifty in our, cool, collective unprejudiced, opinion and then you would insert your state based on where you, lived and it was in. Fifty, yeah and let's face, it we know the business a little better. Now somebody who wrote that made a killing on all these schools buying the rights to that song and all the little choirs and all the little school, plays you, know so it would be SO i got to put my hand on my ear and that and and the choral teacher gave, me you, know And god love, Her god love.
Speaker 10: Her you.
Speaker 2: Know she also had to deal with high school. Kids uh. Huh and her name Was. Mislay god love. Her so, anyway but the that was her real. Name, uh that was her last. Name but but, anyway so that's just a rough, road you know when you're when you're a teacher teaching teenage, boys you, know, Sadly, uh it was in our, cool, collective unprejudiced, Opinion alabama is the. BEST i bet that was the best, day you? Believe you THINK i went in The? Reverend do you THINK i got it? Hot what was that other when we were really young and you were in that play and you were some guy that had like? Powerers what was that you're talking, about mister? Faith doctor, faith Doctor? FAITH i was a. Doctor, listen we were Threat we were playing the second by the, way In FEBRUARY i was. Defending was the lawyer For february law defense? Attorney, yeah, yeah that's it had the most. Lines, yes not, bragging that's just they THOUGHT i could handle.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 2: Great what was that play you were into when you got that last line about the about the dream of the, Drums dick was the. THANKS i was in the second, grade second, grade and two other people out there and we've were doing our, lines AND i think we all just stood. There but, anyway AND i had the land and everybody laughed and thought it was funny saving the Drums. DICK i don't know why people kept putting me BECAUSE i hated stuff like. THAT i know WHEN i, great WHEN i Played Doctor, FAITH i, thought, well oh that was you were. SICK i THOUGHT i thought there would be some kind of a ward for. This you know what they talked about actors that stay in character even when it's not going. Over oh, YEAH i bet you know WHAT i. KNEW i knew the future Of Abraham. Lincoln nobody else DID i. Forget but, anyway also.
Speaker 4: So you were the all knowing, NARRATOR i, was, yeah you see.
Speaker 9: This little boy right.
Speaker 2: Here one? Day, yeah AND i had some kind of little clown sidekick That Tracy edwards, played and he was supposed to. Swing remember he was. Swinging he was swinging something that was a necklace or something to fly. Up his hand went into the. AUDIENCE i remember. That how do you guys remember that. Bet do you already give me a line From? February? YES i.
Speaker 5: DO i want.
Speaker 2: Everything this is my. Uh one of the WITNESSES i caught up was the month Of. March you know it's real windy During. March so she was up there before she, starts she was making like wind. Sounds AND i stood up AND i, SAID i, object is this exhibition? NECESSARY i was an? Orphan you were?
Speaker 4: WHAT i was an ORPHAN a lot.
Speaker 2: A little dirty.
Speaker 8: Orphans the background kid dancing to the orphan. Song i'd be an elf in a. Second and THEN i Portrayed Michael jordan's in the Wax. Museum we had Wax Museum. Day it was just like be whoever you.
Speaker 4: Wanted you better.
Speaker 2: Know it went black.
Speaker 8: Face AND i actually remember asking my, mom, like of course we got to paint my skin up, right and she was, like, no we will not be painting your skin.
Speaker 2: Today so Here's.
Speaker 4: Jersey you're stood.
Speaker 2: There looking like you do now instead you Were Michael. Jordana, YEAH i had the.
Speaker 4: Ball you know how you do the Fake oh, yes oh, Yes AND i JUST i just stood like.
Speaker 11: That that.
Speaker 4: IS i was, like my mom didn't let me paint my? Skin, No, NO i don't.
Speaker 2: Know Why, yo what a fuddy? Duddy why that's so? Good Text, nation asking the question DID i say THE necd. Cowboy let me just let you in on, something and you probably weren't paying attention to This New York city shirt certainly.
Speaker 8: Was.
Speaker 2: Uh we were there for The pride. Parade oh. Boy so we didn't go anywhere Near Times. SQUARE i. DIDN'T i didn't. Even no one could even Say Times square around. Me we didn't. Even we didn't do. Anything if you've been, already, yeah when you're with, locals they think all the tourist, stuff like the last, day we're going around doing, things you, know like some museum and all this kind of stuff and places to, eat The Chelsea market and that kind of. Thing and of, course right at the last, minute they were, like, well you, KNOW i know y'all got get your, plane so we want to be sure, that you, know we get these things. IN i, said, WELL i only got two THINGS i want to, do and my son looked said, What AND i, SAID i want to go to The statue Of liberty and The Empire State. Building and they both looked at, me his wife and my, son and, said, well enjoy.
Speaker 9: That this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay, real real.
Speaker 2: Quick before we jump back into the, SHOW i got something SPECIAL i got to tell you. About and it's only happening this, week all, Right so here It BLAZED. Tv we're officially calling this fourth Of July No King's day because let's be, honest that's what the fourth Of july really. Is, okay not the least version of. It it's not just fireworks and. Cookouts it's the day we Told King george to go kick. Rocks we rejected the idea of a, monarchy elite's unaccountable, power that we be ruled by the. People, okay we the. People that's the spirit Behind Independence. Day we didn't just break up With. England we built something, better a constitutional republic grounded in, liberty individual rights And god given. Freedom no, kings no, tyrants just self governance under the rule of. Law so this, year to celebrate our independence from the crown and Everything BLAZED tv stands, for we're doing something we've never done. Before right, now for the first time, ever you can get a seven day free trial Of BLAZE. Tv. Now this means full access to every, show every, documentary every unfiltered voice that we got completely free for one. Week it's your chance to celebrate true freedom with, us support honest, media and decide for yourself what's worth. Watching so if you've ever thought about Joining BLAZE, tv this is your. Moment no, risk no, kings just true celebrate No King's, day the real, one the way the founders would have won by choosing truth over. Tyranny start your seven day free trial now at BlazeTV dot com slash. Rick that's BlazeTV dot com slash. Rick no promo code, Necessary just sign up for an account and start watching today and let freedom.
Speaker 9: Stream the man who pointed out that there is no such thing as boneless. Wings Rick birches.
Speaker 2: Just here trying to, help all, Right so let's look at what's. Ahead So i'm gonna try again, today And i'm gonna put out my services again and offer them to commercial. Airlines, guys, ladies, Gentlemen i'm telling YOU i can do it. Better just let me have, it, okay, please y'all y'all have to be the most inefficient people. Ever, So so, anyway it had a little had a rough deal coming home last. Night just got home a little while. Ago, yeah So i'll get into that a little bit later. On, ALSO i will talk about the trip To New york in greater. Detail one of the things THAT i took on with super annoyed our group is THAT i took on THAT i was going to become a Complete New yorker before we, left and wanted to want to talk and do things In New york. WAY i didn't want to be a. TOURIST i wanted to become A New yorker a little. Quicker and so we talked about that and a little little heads up to The pride people because you, know got to ride on the subway with a lot of you got to see you, everywhere. Y'all, Y'ALL i, know y'all, say AND i remember the first time that comedian that was on The Ricky bubbles, Show, Mudflap remember remember his bid on this his Mud flap? Now BUT i think then he was just doing his. BID i Think steve, McGrew, Oh steve. Something, yeah and he remember he's known As. Mudflap, yeah DO i have that? NAME i think. So but the, funny funny guy you're talking, About gene. McGrew but, no that was actually a class of nineteen eighty. One, uh but are TWO U but The steve Mud flap, McGrew he came on a number of. Times, yeah he was the first one that pointed out, this we're just here to live our lives and we're just like. You and he, goes the presentation is a lot, different you, know and and we're we're just and his quote was the. Best AND i SAW i thought of him AS i saw EVERYTHING i saw on the. Subway is remember when he said when there was someone in the paraes age screaming at, Him i'm just like. You and he, said BUT i don't have a sparkler sticking out of my, butt you know. What, yeah we're not.
Speaker 12: But your bear.
Speaker 2: Butt, YEAH i thought that's a good one right, there and he acted it. Out remember that he, goes, NO i, DON'T i, DON'T i don't walk around and and you know backless chaps with the with the fireworks sticking no. Sparkler but, anyway so, yeah it was it was. Wow but, anyway you, KNOW i noticed in the past few years this naked bicycle people so so much more nudity than what are you? Doing you? Know And i'm not you, know that's. Fine, YEAH i doesn't have your. Argument that doesn't help your. Argument and AGAIN i didn't DID i saw where the prey was set up when we were mooving through one, time AND i had some subway including a guy who showed me he was not part of. That but let me tell you on the, subway and my son mourned. Me and it's been a long. Times i've been on the subway a long. TIME i only go on the subway When i'm In New. York With New, yorkers they always make you get on the. Subway. Huh they can't even fathom the cost of getting an uber or a, tag and they you, got they drive you crazy with. It Bob carrey did this to, me you know our syndicator and so, ANYWAY i know those seats look, inviting but don't sit. Down if you sit, down whoever sits beside, you just get. Ready they'll. Engage and, so uh it was. There that's as we said to start the, hour that that's that's a different world down. There so we'll we'll talk about the trip To New. York we've, got of, course what updates you on other things from the. Weekend. Uh speedy And greg both spent time with their grandkids over the, weekend and it sounds like y'all had this this this this granddaddy. World, man it's. Fun it. Is it's never a dull. Moment no, exhausting but. Fun, yeah we had two staying with, us and Then channeler lives like two minutes down the, road so we obviously did everything. Together so we had all four of them. Together so all four all. Weekend oh, yeah and oh they're still. There it's. Fun we're still. There, yeah they were sleeping when we. Left, okay sneak. Out, WELL i didn't want to wake nobody. Up, well you, know we've had all though they are something. ELSE i would have, thought me riding on about two hours forty five minutes of, sleep THAT i might be the most tired person. Everyday AND i stay, correct both of us look a little.
Speaker 4: All feeling kind of about the.
Speaker 2: Same, yeah you have you have small, kids their. GRANDPARENTS i may be the most well. Rested there's visiting at the house and you're just you, know doing what you want to do and all, that and then there's you taking. Places that's when that's when you. Double when you get your, story that's a new. Level that's when you. Double. Down that's next. Level and you you having, four that's me having. One, yeah but see channel was there there to. Help, yeah but but two of them stayed in your. Home, yeah they're the sleeping yeah yeah. Yeah and then and Then, speedy you said you went to a theater for the first.
Speaker 6: Time oh, yeah, Yeah well you, know Uh Nan, terry she's got a plan. Things and you, know Sometimes i'm, like you, know they probably he's probably just fine hanging out.
Speaker 2: Here, yah we got to do some. Fun what are you wanting to go do some? Fun because he looks. Fine, yeah you, know but he looks like he's having, fun. Madam he is ripping and. Roaring we're having time of our, life you. Know but we gotta we got to go, somewhere which brings me to. This did he did he pay attention to the whole movie or did he? Fade? Well, no when you talk him to the, theater it's hard To about three quarters in he started to.
Speaker 6: Fade but we had a full. Day, man We, saturday we we we woke, up you, know and did things around the. House and then there's a new uh uh indoor putt putt uh place that has opened up close by and it's.
Speaker 2: Fun you, know you, can, uh you can play nine or. Eighteen and and so we got to. Go we went and did.
Speaker 6: THAT i know you said that one of yours is a rule. Following you'll get to that apparently really is not and a real. Enforcer, yeah he'll hop from hole to hole and start interacting with other.
Speaker 2: Families And i'm, like, buddy that's not your. Family just move another. Group that's how you're, family, Right and he's he's a he's a.
Speaker 6: Good coach because when It's NaN's, turn he's gonna tell her where to, go what water hit it off, of and how to do, it which is very funny at a very slow.
Speaker 2: Speed.
Speaker 6: Uh and and then it was it was a quick lunch and then we're going to the Movies how To Train Your, Dragon oh, Boy.
Speaker 2: And this is some kind of ongoing serious to. It and it's like number four or, five you, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 4: Know we made it a couple of.
Speaker 2: Times, yes, sure, okay send it around for a.
Speaker 6: While, yes, Yeah well we went and it's this is how long it's been Since i've been to a movie. Theater that most of them now have the, recliners you, know they kind of they pulled up all the seat not good for charge.
Speaker 2: People, no it's just struggled, anyway it'll go way on back To.
Speaker 6: Yeah, WELL i MEAN i got PEOPLE i see coming in and they got, blankets they got, throws and it's like they're at home people. KICKING i mean we're kicking shoes, off we're laying. Back AND i didn't know, this but, uh he had gotten My raycon, earbuds, uh the little black case and put it in his. Pocket uh off the count off the. Counter, well there was one time over the weekend that he wanted to listen To rivers playlist and, uh and SO i was, like, yeah let me set you. Up and so he was riding his bike with His raycon's. In he just thought he was the man singing out. Loud it was pretty, funny and SO i guess he wanted to he threw him in his pocket again AND i didn't know. It, well about halfway through the, movie you hear something falling out and going into the floor through the recliner down in. There and now about halfway through we got to find. Him i'm, like, nobody, like you, know the last thing you want to do is turn on your. Flashlight and, everybody what are y'all? Doing so try to talk him into sitting there until after the movie when the lights come. On, well here come the lights were now our three recliners because it was, Me, terry And.
Speaker 2: River they go all the way.
Speaker 6: Up now we're on our hands and knees with our phone flashlight looking under.
Speaker 2: There hat's a. Mess let me just tell you there's a lot of things over.
Speaker 6: There at one POINT i thought the dragon was under there and couldn't find. Them couldn't find. Them so now we're wondering because now we look up to the next level right behind, us and there's a man and a woman down there looking for their.
Speaker 2: Stuff she says her purse turned. Over so now we're.
Speaker 6: Thinking we're, thinking, well And river was, Adamant, NO i hadn't in my pocket and they fell out not, either still. Not But terry is trying to tell, us, well know that we just heard that lady's purse. Fall nothing Fell and he's, like, No, Nan.
Speaker 2: I've got you, know you. Know i'm, like, well maybe he knows what was in his. POCKET i don't.
Speaker 6: Know we eventually leave and halfway home he starts telling us how we need To he's got a, plan you, know and and he wouldn't say movie. Theater it was, movieater. Movieator here's what we need to do about the, movieator you. Know and he's back there and he's giving us all, nan here's what you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do do you have a phone? Now you?
Speaker 8: Know?
Speaker 2: YEAH i got my?
Speaker 6: Phone all, Right we're gonna drop you off at. Home and now you start looking at the home around the house and and, pops you give me your?
Speaker 2: Watch CAN i call on your? Watch you, know he's pretty smart since he's getting this.
Speaker 6: Plan we're gonna go back to the movieator because we think it's, there you, know and he's going through all.
Speaker 2: This, hey so, serious but it couldn't be more. SERIOUS i, mean he is so. Serious now here's let'sten listen about the. Movieator now here's what we're gonna. Do and he is back. There hold. Court let me tell you could never find?
Speaker 6: Him Uh and then you try to you try to call the place back and you, know now everything's, automated and, hey you can't get. That and this is if you if you if you lost and found hit, three you, know you hit, Three and then it's some THE ai generated deal and you email this this, address and SO i, Emailed.
Speaker 2: I'm a, la it's not that. Bit this used the code.
Speaker 6: Box, yeah so we we apparently have lost some some raycon. Earbuds but about halfway Through greg to your, point he started losing interest and started shifting around a little. Bit of, course we had to have a blanket because everybody else had had. Blankets and they're brilliant because it checked like when you go to, concessions they also have rolled up. Blankets no, oh it says movie night in different.
Speaker 2: Colors THEY i love the, side don't be, cold get, cozy you, know and stuff like. That movies are, trying the theaters are trying to while.
Speaker 4: They're on the thermostat.
Speaker 2: Crank yeah.
Speaker 10: They.
Speaker 6: Are SO i got him. One they were, inexpensive and then, No nan needs one.
Speaker 2: Inexpensive the shows again that the way people had with their grandkids is different the call your own. Kids couldn't have got that, Blanket, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 6: Uh AND i should. HAVE i should have sent this over To, Adler BUT i took video of him laid, back. Y'all it looks like he is on the.
Speaker 2: Couch at the. Howld there's no way bowls fell asleep, too at three different. Kinds i'm just glad to had them earbuds With. Hello did you come out to the? Moviator? Yeah he Needed, yeah let's go back to The. Movieator we'll drop you.
Speaker 11: Off.
Speaker 2: Man, oh he had a. Plan he dropped you. Off pobs and my call on your? Watch give me your, Watch, pops give me your? Watch?
Speaker 9: What give me your? What this is The Rick Burgess. Show this is where Logic beats. Left The Rick burgess.
Speaker 2: Showed Greg abder the gang all here today as we recap the, weekend and we got more to. Come and your phone calls, Today hey, Bird hey, bird you're coming. Up let's let's hit a few. Headlines, now this is. HORRIBLE i come In speedy's talking about what happened In. IDAHO i didn't even know what he was talking. About, sadly NOW i, Do uh what what is? Man what a world we live? In? So so see IF i have this? Right, so THE swat team has located a deceased man in a nearby firearm hours after a sniper shot and killed two firefighters injured another while they were battling a wildfire In idaho that he apparently set as. Bait, Right, yeah who's going to be for the. FIREFIGHTER i don't. KNOW i don't think about. IT i don't know. THAT i guess some of those details maybe will come out, later or some individual that was there that he, MAYBE i don't. Know everybody is assuming and trying to figure it. Out they feel like it was probably not a target as far as OH i know that, Person i'm going after. Him it was just an evil person that ambushed firefighters after starting a brush. Fire and as you, Said, rick he killed two of them and another one's in surgery right now hadn't made it. Out but, authorities after they were looking for the, sniper found him up On Canfield mountain and found him dead with the farm beside. Him and so he took his own life after he shot, THEM i guess.
Speaker 6: So and as the brush fire was moving up the, mountain they were able to get his body and move it so for, evidence and you, know their, investigation which was. Smart but, yeah there's a lot of unanswered, questions but just an Awful they were talking to some of the responders and they said these firefighters were sitting.
Speaker 2: Ducks they had no chance well at. All, yeah we know that evil exists in the world that seems chaotic and has no rhyme or. Reason it's evil no matter. What but but, yeah just sometimes wickedness and evilness and demonic, activity which this kind of stuff always. Is it could just be like you, SAID i set a fire BECAUSE i want to bring in fire fighters to shoot. Them but but we're early in the investigation and we will. See you, know is he some you, know person who wanted to be a firefighter and they wouldn't never would they never would approven. Him was he was he fired from maybe somewhere where he? Worked is, he like you, said is there a bone to pick with one of the individuals he knew would be on call if there was a. Fire all of that will come. OUT i, mean it's it's wicked and evil no matter.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh but it could be that there's no rhyme or, REASON i just wanted to shoot, firefighters or there could be some other motivation that's more. Personal we'll, see, yeah uh and, uh but none of that's out right.
Speaker 6: Now THE, fbi of, course is, helping and the sheriff said, that, uh you, know they were happy to report that they did find this the, shooter and it that they feel like it was only one, shooter so that's why they told, everybody you, know they they had had everybody in lockdown and told everybody to stay indoors and and all. That so at least that's been. Resolved but just a just an awful, Situation just just, awful, awful, awful just hearing them talk about how it happened and what went down and the poor firefighters just there doing their. Job and they did say that they can confirm that he did this person they felt did start, it and he was the only, shooter only.
Speaker 8: Sniper and DID i see that they were making like during press conferences before they found him, there like if you have a shot on this, guy go ahead and take it just out to the, public which that to me was that was.
Speaker 4: SHOCKING i was, like, wow not only did they ask.
Speaker 8: For the public's, Help homeland security helicopters were searching the, area so it was all hands on deck type, scenario including asking civilians for, help which was that was wild to, Me but, hey yeah it sounds good to.
Speaker 2: Me, yeah that's you, know that's when you know that you're in an armed area if they call for the locals to, help, yes and, yeah it's. Fairly it's a small rural town and so it's just, bizarre bizarre.
Speaker 8: Situation people are trying to tie this to like twenty five years ago Some aryan you know WHAT i, mean, guys there was some kind of standoff and something was burned, down like Some aryan headquarters was burned down twenty five years, ago and people are trying to tie it to, that and there's NO i don't think hard evidence to except for the anniversary, date so that that's something that people are trying to tie to, This BUT i don't think there's there's too.
Speaker 2: Much i'm sure the department are trying to put that fire out then. Started, yeah, Right SO i don't understand what we have a bee for them, about, Right, yeah why would you have a beef For?
Speaker 4: Yeah, SURE i think it's obviously a crazy.
Speaker 2: Person also another story, today it has a much happier, Ending thank. Goodness can you imagine being on A Disney dream cruise and a father jumps overboard to save his daughter who had fallen. Overboard can you imagine they? Said within, Minutes disney crew members sprang into, action lowering your bright yellow rescue vessel into the, sea and you have people writing On facebook who were on, there said a little girl fell. Overboard her dad jumped overboard to try to savor man. Overboard calls went up, immediately the crew went into. Action lots of folks begin to pray on the, ship and both the little girl and the dead were successfully can yeah, imagine, wow, wow but, hey you gotta go get him, Understood, YEAH i mean the world did she fall? In, YEAH i don't. Know you got to really kind of. TRY i, mean can you? Imagine they said they were surprised how Well pluto could. Swim uh and uh, right yeah, right and so uh but no can uh you know to, me That's i'm trying to. Think but it ended, well which is real praise for. That your man overboarding and ends. Well, yeah especially you know they said they were going at top speed at the. Time they can't slam the brakes, on, right and so you have to give a credit to The disney. Cruise, yeah they might, jump they must be ready to, go and of course the dad instinctively goes in to get his. Daughter we certainly understand. That but, wow that's had to be pretty high up. Too oh, yeah, yeah and they how about, this they, say these these ships That disney uses are nine hundred million dollars worth of worth of. Ship and so they got they got a lot going, on said everybody on The everybody on the cruise was saying that, wow that it was intense to watch.
Speaker 11: This.
Speaker 2: Wow so so, anyway they got the boat in the, water and they got the dad with his child on board and and saved. Him so that's that's a happy ending. There but he does not know that normally that.
Speaker 4: Y'all remember when that kid jumped off that.
Speaker 8: That, ship teen year old king to impress his friends one.
Speaker 7: Yes and just.
Speaker 2: Disappear, yeah that's the way it mostly. Is. Yeah, yeah WHEN i saw the, HEADLINE i was, like, oh, please let us have a happy. Ending top of the. Hour we'll be.
Speaker 9: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show you better listen.
Speaker 2: Up you, know like we, say you gotta find.
Speaker 9: Broadcasting from the World The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 2: And here we Go america and even around the. World thank you for being with us. TODAY i like to do still. Ahead have you missed any part of the. Program don't forget the daily, archives available either on the YouTube channel or on our podcast. Channel vis you're to subscribe and follow those who get alerts when a new one is out, there added us a great job of getting those ready to go soon after the live show in never miss another moment of the show on your own, time as well as what you catch on the on the live. Options all those can be found At Rick burgess show dot. Com so a couple of burges, here a couple of hay. Burges so let's look at emails from you the. Audience hey, bird hey, birge my, goodness please tell me That greg has been made aware of the documentary on The Appalachian hillbillies Called American. Hollow uh, OH i. OLD i watched it twenty years ago and it is solid. Gold please tell him to find. It i've seen. It he will not regret. It you have seen. THIS i, have and it's. Good and is this the one with the guy sitting there waiting on his every day his man causes xenax or whatever it is coming in the mail and he's just. Depressed, NO i. Don't i've never seen. IT i don't know anything about.
Speaker 8: IT i.
Speaker 2: Think it's the same. One but if it, is they're. Right it is white trash gold all. Right couple of COPY a couple of travels every everybody knows WHEN i When i'm, traveling the disaster is, waiting and they all want to ask travel. Questions and we've got another story coming. Up so by the, way it would be, okay, GUYS i, mean CAN i just come? Back sometimes everything goes smooth and everybody like that. Too, no those, updates they're not all that. Entertainment but here we. Go this is From MARK. K. Burd Jay birds loved the, show especially especially enjoyed the latest adventure in any adventure Of. Speedy, also have you thought about? This have you thought about doing something Involving greg and food? Travel he could travel the area for the best apple. FRITTERS I i just saw this place In League, City texas Called Bonnie's donuts that has five and ten pounds cinnamon rolls and apple fritters five and ten. POUNDS i think that would be the ultimate. Trip and he may Need adler to put him in his Sweet a van to go and come back for that and search in the perfect fritter of the perfect fritter fretn for a free that One. Friday and they brought him before AND i can't think of the all tied to went after. It man in. There they're. Huge dude had a good blood sugar, chrispy BUT i haven't didn't stand a. Chance BUT i did rewarded myself with. That apparently we didn't get get any CAUSE i offered. It you offered donuts with. It they were donuts with. It i'm. Real, yeah they speedy eating. It that's a big, printer, mister like a. Hubcap. Yeah, Yeah hey, Bird Hey, burge my Name's. Paul Hey. Paul hey know you do a lot of traveling and staying in. HOTELS i. DO i do state of one right. Now that may have been the most dysfunctional one that it's not really designed for. People it doesn't Seem oh it's very hip and very, cool but the functionality it should be at the top of the. List. YEAH i had a job working in dialysis WHERE i traveled about seventy five percent of the. Time, Wow SO i stayed in hotels a. LOT i could always count on not having to pack bar soap because there was always the one there in the. Hotel about six years, AGO i changed. Jobs with my new, job only stay in a hotel about twice a. Year what happened to the bar of? Soap they got the. Liquid now it's. Liquid it's all shower jail. Now.
Speaker 9: Uh and.
Speaker 2: Shampoo you got a body wash or, whatever and then you got a. CONDITIONER i, like, YEAH i did. TOO i, LIKE i don't mind having the shampoo to go and squeezing. Out that's. FINE i don't do conditioner because you, KNOW i, use like most, men whatever, SHAMPOO i use this conditioner in shampoo in. ONE i don't know why a man would need a. Conditioner that's just a. Conditioner most of the SHAMPOOS i, use you, know have have. Both. Uh but, ANYWAY i don't like using shower jel on my. BODY i don't. Either i'm With. Paul what happened to our bar? Soap i'll go out there and get the hand. Soap sometimes there will be a bar by the. Saint, Yeah i'll use. IT i don't like the jails. Never It's i'm with. You and here's another. One didn't know, this he, said he. Said, also he, SAID i don't understand about now the. Maids he, Said i'm getting this new thing where the maids are now putting a card on the bed asking for a. Tip what is this? About when did that? START i, mean he, SAID i get it to loving the. Show thank. YOU i have tip things getting out of. Hand, YEAH i haven't experienced uh cleaning service leaving expecting a tip. EITHER i thought you just did your, job you got paid for, it you, know, yeah by your. Employer, YEAH i don't, know it's NOT i don't consider that a like service. WORK i, don't SO i don't.
Speaker 8: KNOW i guess it's for hotels and stuff like. THAT i guess it's like five, bucks two bucks a day is.
Speaker 2: Hotels, Wow i've NEVER i didn't. Know i've never had A i've never heard gotten a. Tip i'm not, cheap BUT i, mean but all the needs jobs that are now claiming you tip, them it's getting out of.
Speaker 8: HAND I i tip If i'm gonna do multiple, nights but if it's If i'm just If i'm a one night OR i, Don't i'm just like THAT'S i, Mean i'm in and.
Speaker 2: Out IT'S i didn't know you're supposed to. TIP i didn't. Either NOW i know that on cruises you you're supposed to tip the. Crew uh you know that that's that you have that in there for everybody who's been serving you all all. Week But i've never seen this in a hotel an. EXTRA i didn't, Either, yeah so he, says he, said he's seen. It can't you get like you to my cruises and? STUFF i don't. Know it's only been on one where you've already paid your tip ahead of, time but then you feel obligated tip, anyway you know What i'm. SAYING i kind OF i kind of felt the uber guy looking at me like.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 2: This i'm, Like i've already put it. In it's. All it's all on the card that you have in your uber Aut what do You why aren't You it was just standing around right. Now you make me feel. GUILTY i. DID i tipped the coffee people because a least it's gonna stop and get some coffee whenever we leave the. House and now they take that thing they. HELD i need you look at this and stick your card in, there and it's telling you how much? Tipping, Right, yeah six dollar cup. COFFEE i don't know what would happened to me on this. One this is From. Keith i'll shorten. It it's a long, email but here's the bottom. Line he, said we're empty nesters and we live In North georgia in the, mountains so we started maybe going seeing some legends in, concert he. Said SO i went to see The Gatlan brothers Performing Western North, carolina not far From. ASHEVILLE i got the best rated hotel in, town owned by a company WHO i won't say their, name but it rhymes With, milton he. SAID i reserve one of their biggest and best rooms For saturday. Night thought it'd be a nice, weekend he. Said you, know we were running little, behind so we just grabbed some. McDonald's i'm just gonna eat it in our. Room we go in to see people standing in front of the desk with a sign at the desk that said be back. Soon oh, no, YEAH i had enough employees and somebody in. Cover when the other goes to lunch ten minutes, later the, clerk seemed like she was somewhere in her, twenties said that she could not issue any keys to our rooms because the key system was temporarily. Down the only way we could get inside was having the master, key so all of us had to walk to our rooms with her individually as she let us. In when we left the, hotel the system came back, online so we were giving key. Cards we came back to the room with and got ready For you, know we were very. Tired our key cards wouldn't. Work we tried it over and over and. Over my, wife frustrated and, tired went. Downstairs ten minutes, later the front desk clerk comes tried to enter the room with her master. Key now that wouldn't work. Either THEN i heard the following, Phrase, yep we've had some problems with a lock on, this so this sounds like one of your. Trips it really. Does it does sound like, that uh. Said she tried, everything came back ten minutes later with something else to unlock the, room pressed a lot of, buttons it would not open. Again in a state of shock and, disbelief they actually moved us into another room to eat our food that we had that we were brought while they McDon while they were waiting on the maintenance, man who was the only person who could unlock. It we were told the maintenance man is out On saturday. Night they didn't know when he would. Come at this, Point i'm going to make them pay me to stay there. Exactly something's gonna, change SAID. I i know What jesus would, do BUT i found myself asking my wife what would birds? Do would he, pray would he throw this? Food would he explode into a fit of rage like The Incredible hulk and tear the door off its. Hinges that's on the. Table we asked the nurse as nice as possible and, said we have prescription medicines in our room and plus all of our. Stuff we sure we'd like to get in that. Room at some point we cleaned. Drawers she began to, cry saying that she was overwhelmed with the horror of this. Day so we tried to take care of, her and well they should have been, crying, Right, yeah we found. Her we felt like we had no choice but except our, offer since our closing medications were being held captive in a room no one could, enter so we were issued working keys to a new room with our cold. Dinner ninety minutes after we got to the, hotel and the hour that, followed the maintenance man finally arrived and quickly unlocked our. Room we packed up and we moved. Out we did notice when we went into the new room several dark stains on a chair and, sofa multiple hairs on the shower, wall and crumbs on the. Floor oh, Come normally we would have, complained but we were so beat down we just sat down and ate our cold food and waited on the party and. Maintenance. MAN i eventually drifted off to sleep thinking about What jesus would, do but deep, down more more, honest wondered what birds would. Do, boy that's that right. There and then they left you a note want you to tip the. Hell, yeah, boy that's a tough one that you can always leave a common. Guard how about? THIS i commend, THEM i commit they showed a tremendous amount of face they. Did this is WHY i have the. Band. GUYS i just can't stand for this kind of thing. Anymore, No, wow.
Speaker 9: This is The Rick burgess, shows the man who informed the Dipping dutch that they were, not in fact the ice cream of the. Future Rick.
Speaker 2: Birches, alright thank you being with us Day america as we work our way to another one an active. Weekend and boy a lot coming up this, week lots and lots and. Lots all, Right so let me let me run down this week and then kind of a little oversad look over the month Of. July so This friday, Night Lord, Willing i'll be the master of ceremonies representing the show there In alabama at The American. Village i'll be on the main stage introducing some of our founding fathers back from the, dead, uh and then getting us ready for. Fireworks so if you're coming to The American village for the fireworks At stravaganza and the big day they have, There Lord, Willing i'll see you coming Up, friday using your patriotic. Voice got to get my. Wristbands worried about this Text nations saying, CHECK i needed to Check burgess's. Trash can you CLEARLY i didn't throw. One, YEAH i didn't THROW i don't, know look that there were none in, There i'm telling, you. Okay so, anyway so looking looking forward to. That gonna be a little warm as it always is In july In Sweet, Home. Alabama, yeah gonna be. Outdoors. Serious they don't know whatm me to. Do farwark shows. Indoor, Rick, no it's gonna be. Good gonna be. Good can't wear, shorts that's. Fine so so, anyway there you. Go, Also, uh some some opportunities coming up In. July, Tallisee. Alabama looking forward to seeing all of you Men july. Thirteenth uh be there for their their man. Church, uh they're doing the uh the strategy from the manchurch Dot. Com looking forward to seeing all of, You Lord willing On july, Thirteenth First Baptist, Church, Tallis. Alabama In, alabama it's tallisye In Florida's. Tallahassee also on the nineteenth Of. July. Westmobile, uh they'll be having a lunch with their men On july the. Nineteenth And Kirkwood. Bullets you Know Kirkwood. Speedy oh, yeah and you remember him On Rickingbub university that we did that. PODCAST a worship leader there at my home. Church great. Speaker he'll be speaking to the men Of Westmobile Baptist church coming up On july the. Nineteenth and then on the, Twentieth i'll be In, Prattville, Alabama Lord Willing Boone's chapel for their Man, church which will be that. Evening so look At july, thirteenth nineteenth or the. Twentieth all those coming up a lot of. You let us, know, hey when when's a man church near. Me there's three of them coming up In, july and so go find those at the manchurch dot com under. Events SO i need my, wristbands, Alright, okay is, It julie the sales. Rep, Yep, OKAY i mean the bag was, here and LIKE i, say it's got a map of the, place which is we all have a very good Track it's got the program if there's got my park just got my parking. Pass and it's got some water, bottles slash fan you know those those fans that blow. Missed, yeah got some of. Those, yeah and you're probably gonna be all.
Speaker 10: Right no.
Speaker 2: Wristbands you'll probably be able to get those when you get. There, Rick we're not Sure without a, wristband all that bag is.
Speaker 8: Meaningless we're not being prejudiced against, You, rick it's we're just looking at, statistics and statistically it's you don't have a good track.
Speaker 2: Record now you don't keep o with. Stuff let's just call. It it's not my. THING i would everybody foot.
Speaker 6: Forward everybody here knows not to give you something too early if it because it's.
Speaker 9: Lost.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah by the time you need, it it's. Gone SO i feel sorry for. Them where maybe that you don't need the wrist bands til you get.
Speaker 2: There from From Texas? Nation where Is American Village Monta, Valo? Alabama beautiful? Place? Yeah what do you think it From. Birmingham it's about what twenty minutes sound fifteen fifteen minutes, traffic depending on.
Speaker 6: Traffic, yeah of course you'll have to deal with sixty. Five but there this this past, WEEKEND i felt so SORRY i crossed over the. Interstate we we were taking river to The something's got and uh and it was just a stand still going something's got to.
Speaker 2: Happen that bless their. Hearts it's. Horrible if IF i could FIX i sixty five and fix commercial, airlines what to day you would have? It that would my whole life would get. Easier and find your wristbands. Too those two things probably hassle me more than. ANYTHING i sixty five and commercial. Airlines, yeah they're both the worst in. Hand they. Are let me tell you. Something if you're going to do anything where we live and you're going sixty five, south you better take a look at. It and north it doesn't matter a north stair but. South, yeah, yeah it's no north bad.
Speaker 11: Too.
Speaker 2: Yeah BUT i know What i'm saying, is don't ever, think, well, YEAH i know how long that tastes. Looks i'm just gonna roll down or up sixty. Five no problem takes such and such. Exit oh that's a. Problem some of you might do. Better you better check.
Speaker 6: It some of you might Think i'm. Exaggerating coming back From Larry. Quest you can go and wrap Around, atlanta or you can go east and wrap Through montgomery and up sixty five To. BIRMINGHAM i was literally looking At atlanta traffic and sixty Five north traffic around that that that that, area because it's, like which one's, better you, know and just because it's, GREEN i won't be read by.
Speaker 2: Something you get. THERE i FEEL i feel so bad for those of you that live, far far away and you're trying to come through our city to get to the. Beach you, know The gulf Of, america some of the great bodies of water that are fresh water down that, way the different lakes and, stuff and you're just riding along and you just think. It you just think it's gonna be. Okay and you you get To birmingham and you, think oh, god, look, guys we're all you, know we're only now cut it. Down we got about four or four and a half hours now to the. Beach and you think, that AND i feel so bad for. You and you haven't checked THE gps in a. While you don't see that big. Redline you don't see the adjustment on the arrival. Time you don't see. That, yeah and you start thinking is there a way around? This and you don't know what to. DO i see you sitting. There, yeah it's, Bad it's real. Bad. Yeah bottom of the. Hour we'll be right, Back stay.
Speaker 9: Clod this is The Rick Burgess, Show gone fearing And america loving The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show and we're. Back Independence Day Week america turning two hundred and forty, nine coming up This. Friday it'll be a replay of an old. Show we'll all be off AS i hope a lot of you are, too Celebrating Independence, day a little three day, Weekend so short week coming, up still to Come New York city and trying to get there and back in a. Weekend, hey good, Luck. Birch, also if you're just joining, us we have covered the horrible attack on the fireman In, IDAHO u setting a booby trap for him by lighting a. Fire we covered that, story The disney cruise. Story we hit, That we've hit a couple of other, Things so catch that on the archives if you. Archives if you've already missed, it Now speedy's been talking about. That he And greg they were granddads this weekend with their. Grandkids uh And, Greg, Boy, greg you had to staying with you and then your other two are not far from, you and you took on a let's let's, go let's go on location to a kid. Place. YEAH i might not stare what it's. Called you don't remember the name of. IT i, know but it's one of these where they got the slides and you know that went around says our. Kids this one was really. Nice did they have? Wristbands, yes they. Did, okay you've been lost, them so we we on the way. There you kind of make. Reservations the only limited that's a good idea of, it like for two hour. PERIOD i don't know the, number twenty five, whatever you know that's the. Maximum then they break it down in the place of the. One, greg what is it petite? PLAY i don't think, So, Okay i'm not. Sure but, anyway so so they when you sign, up they go you need to read the rules on how you're supposed to. Act and at least it's like There's Ellison marion in the back of the, car So i'm gonna read the. Rules i'm going this is. Good so she reads the. Rules you can't throw balls out of the ball pit into the other. Plot you can't go up the, slides you know how they climb, up and you can't be pushing all this. Stuff WELL i didn't realize, it But ellis is a rule. Follower so you have a grandson that is a rule. Follower so he went ahead and pointed even strangers and was calling people out when they were throwing. Balls, hey, hey you can't do, that all, right not just not just a rule, follower a rule enforce, Yes and it don't matter if he knows you're not like he was. It of course he had to get onto his sister a little, bit but he. Was he was correcting, everybody AND i thought that was. Hilarious that. Is but they get in there and you got the big side and then you got the small. Sides So Mary hollis would do. Both and that's she tiny. One she's, tiny but she gets around, good so she. Would you, look she'd be in the top of the big one And ellis would slide with, her and all Ell us ever, say, hey you're breaking rule by being on the. Beach he didn't NOTICE i don't think ANY i don't think that was not a. Rule that's not he would have quoted. It but, uh, anyway so at one point we're sitting there in a they're all lined up and then these are good. SLIDES i, mean you're getting it when they're lined up, there and again one of the roses gonna be. Pushing, well all of a, sudden pace just comes flying out of, there. ROLLING i mean somebody had shoved, him And Mama bear saw, It, lisa so here she, goes you ain't gonna be doing, that and he was, Okay well she got away to smash his kiss up and moving and she was her seat and she goes in. There of course he's, fine but still she. Goes but it did look, Bad i'll admit. This but here's the funny. Part so this one person that we've tied this to not only throwing down the slide, Anyway SO i suspect it must be some burly. Kid actually it's a. Girl she, is and she's terrorizing. Everybody she's breaking every rule there he, is so it's not Bumont, no it's a. Girl and she's not even that big because she's slinging people around like crazy little. Thing, yes she's throwing balls in people's. Faces elise called her out on. That that's Was ellis just you know what to do with. It and at one POINT i think she shoved him because from up TOP i Hear, mary That's eli's his sister, Scream, hey don't be pushing my. Brother oh, no so we got that, going and then of course she was pushing him. Later oh it didn't, matter but it's. Different it was, great and BUT i wish you out have Seen. Lisa, yeah she know she's over being quiet watching, kids AND i was not.
Speaker 1: Hurt is it the?
Speaker 2: Factory? No can you not know that? Day it was just a few days. AGO i don't know what it's. Called but, Anyway, uh it's really. Nice i'll give them. That so we do all. That we have a great, Rule we have a great. Time elis is, correct and everybody, while you, know being assaulted by a girl and not the Was pace she threw cause facing that. Big but what's, Funny but none of them are. Scared they were all just going, nuts you, know in the. Past And pace shook it. Off oh, yeah he was, fine he was. Fine and uh but but LIKE i, said he, uh he's running back and forth of all the. Coach he's not very. Big But Mary hollis is, tiny, Tiny and here's the. Thing she's, tiny but she's older than she. Looks SO i watched people when they speak to, her and then she starts having a conversation with. Him they're, like something ain't.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 2: Starts. Talking you're too small For you're not supposed to be talking like. That but so the end we're wrapping. Up we had a great. Time they got this cotton candy machine and it's. Automated well do you make the money? In it's got like a robot in there that it makes. It you like it to be a little. Quicker, oh so we're all forced down into the, line line, Line. Papa, yeah so we're all and it just fell along as this Take. Papa the order that were going in came by who got their shoes first and got over. There so you, know we didn't say your, first So marin ended up being. Fourth uh. Oh so we go through it, then LIKE i, say you wish it, was and it's. Huge it comes out Like Mary hallis is holding it's bigger than her, okay and she's just tearing it up and. Cotton kenny ain't. Messing no talk about, sugar but rick and also and this was been what happened to me WHEN i was a, kid because you remember. Stuff all sudden we go up in This marrion's. Turning the machine goes, Boom, no gone completely one get. Away three of the others are standing there with their cotton candy and There's, MAREN i just looking, no and we and we looked at the. Girl she, GOES i guess it. OVERHEATED i GUESS i, mean there's NOTHING i can. Do there's. Nothing and the kids share so. Good, yeah but actually surprising enough they felt bad for her and uh and and actually started. Sharing of, COURSE i mean that ain't the. Same it's having your, own especially when they're spits all over. It, yes they were reaching and everyone here and even her brother of all, people went To Edi Burger king after. It he, said Maybe mary can get an ice? Cream he, said she didn't get any cotton can but she didn't want to. Ask but the point is she. Timing, wow she she actually better THAN i, thought better than you would. Have, yeah, bunch gotten gaming. MACHINE i would have kicked it three. Times, yeah but she handled it as good as good as you. Could but, yeah it was like it was right on. Time so here's your, Time, mary and here we. Goes it took forever and we're, like, oh you're finally. Here pitch. Black everything on every discplay on it was. Out but, uh but anyway with. It whatever the name of the place, was it was really. Fun great people people throwing the factory. Out that's a trembling, place is? It? Okay? Great describe it to. Us what's in? There it's you, know it's the balls and the slide and climb. Up she had some cool thing over there in the little one where you stick the balls in it and air sucks and it goes around these two years. Ago, okay all, right So mary holl is like. That she would go play with the big key and then you, look you be back over over. That, okay that's how it, sounds, Right so if anybody's heard, that whenever that place is going there it.
Speaker 4: Is, okay that's petite. Play that's the. First that's the THING i said this, morning or like, earlier.
Speaker 2: Calling it what they're calling the online thing is. Wrong maybe it, IS i guess that.
Speaker 4: Is so the sign on the front of the building that is?
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, okay it just didn't feel. Right mine didn't feel all, right, Buddy, look it didn't feel. Right it didn't sound like that was? It, Okay, marin come, up it's time for you to let this super awesome cotton candy she make you? Something?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry you wrong with? It? Papa she she handled it better THAN i thought she. Would why is getting on? Everybody? Yeah why she yelled at other? People?
Speaker 14: Children you.
Speaker 2: Leely seems, Mad? Papa she. Was did she confront the kid that turned out to be a bully? Female, yeah oh, yeah ixpecting to see something like red headed kid up her all boat? Up, sure big red headed cause you THINK i got? Yeah, sure but she she wasn't even that, big but she was. Aggressive at one point she was up top just screaming like a. Dinosaur was, unbelievable the mean, Girl, papa, RIGHT i, mean let's try to tell her quit throwing balls out of the. THINGS i was throwing them at. Him oh so she. Was she was not a real, follower, No. Rick did anybody ever get her under? Control not? Really did her parents just? Say, Look i'm not comment on, that but let's just say whoever was in charge was more worried about his phone than he was all. That SO i so you, know we've seen. That, okay, oh this is my weekend with dad and he's over In. NOAH i don't know about all, That, RICK i be daddler to.
Speaker 8: It he was about to, say watch, Kids i've had TO i, mean my, GOODNESS i Mean i've had to. Say your daddy's in the. Bathroom he didn't tell, you but he's in the. BATHROOM i watched. Him you don't have to be you'll talk to.
Speaker 4: Your dad's in the.
Speaker 8: Bathroom will be right. Back he wasn't paying attention to, before he's not paying attention to.
Speaker 2: Now you'll be. Fine, yeah oh. Yeah but the good news is he's. Updated whatever's going on is From, YES i saw one of the best. Shirts so we went to this place With.
Speaker 6: River that's the Indoor it's Called Putter, UP i, believe oh, boy and it's an indoor putting facility and uh.
Speaker 2: And river, said, hey pop's gonna have A t. Shirt and he looked at. One it, SAID i like big putts AND i cannot like that. One CAN i have that? Shirt how did you not buy? THAT i want to see so bad of?
Speaker 7: Them one for you and.
Speaker 2: Moving back only we're gonna get that one. Forever maybe. Not let's let's watch your. KIDS i, mean, OH i, know if you go into, places watch, it just all watch. Them let's call him IF i need to be, cold don't Make lily do it our. Adler we'll be right.
Speaker 9: Back this is The Rick Burchers, show a voice of reason in an unreasonable, World The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 2: Show yes, Sir yes, Sir and we continue to work through another day on another. Week thanks for being WITH Us america over the. Weekend you know the all the archives of the Daily show are available to. You episode six from the new Podcast Strange encounters is. Out episode twenty four Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio gold that also out over the. Weekend so we're ready for another. One so we will do The Wednesday bibble study again this. Week we will not have A Strange encounter owners this. Week we'll pick that back up next, week but kind of letting you know what is. Ahead SO i do want to talk to you about about security. Now, now more than, ever you want to feel like that your, house your, home your, property your, business you want to feel like it's it's. Secure and you, know there's the industry is changing when it comes to, security and the leader that is way out in front is Simply safe Dot com Slash big Vox. Man the things they're doing WITH ai in some of the new technology is. AMAZING i mean WHEN i hear about active guard protection the first time that we were being you, know brought up to speed on, THIS i couldn't really believe WHAT i was reading and what we were learning that they now they now can interact live with the. Property, okay like if someone comes on your, property the monitors can can engage, them ask them what they're doing, here say, hey we have we just contacted law. Enforcement by the, way you, know it's one thing to react to what's happening that that's, good but it's quite another to prevent it forever from ever. Happening and then you, think, okay that one really has me. Intrigued but then you think about things like they see that there's water coming out from under the. Sink they let you know there's a, fire there's an. Emergency, medically somebody's home by, themselves and, hey we see them laying on the. Floor you know that that kind of. Stuff so, uh it's it's great your. Pets you, know if you turn it on the, thing watch your watch your. Pets carbon monoxide poisoning in the middle of the. Night so go to simplysafe dot com.
Speaker 6: Slash like these water heaters and stuff get up in the. Attic, yeah you put a sensor in the. Tub look at that so so because sometimes you don't know it's overflowed till it's come to the ceiling and then and then that sensor goes off and they can like.
Speaker 2: It it's can alert you, That, hey we got up simply safe dot com slash Big vox for fifty percent, off fifty percent off with a monitoring. Plan you want, That rick burgesshow dot com un or sponsors to simply. Safe there's no safe like simply safe dot. Com all, Right so we do have other things to, cover and we'll get into to The New york, trip BUT i want to hit. These you, know we have these aging acts that are out there in the entertainment. Business oh more than, ever more than, Ever, GREG i saw something that's going to bother you a little. Bit, NOW i don't, KNOW i haven't seen. It are we messing with the memories on? Something some people are saying that the current status of AC dc needs to. Stop you, KNOW i THINK i saw a. Headline, YEAH i thought they were still owning. It but people said they've seen videos from the tour and now they're not going to buy tickets to is it vocals? MORE i don't know. THAT i don't know what it. Meant it just meant that they looked rough it and it feels it WAS i didn't realize they had not Toured australia in a, decade and they were people In australia Saying i'm not going to buy tickets. Now i've watched them on wherever they, are whatever leg of the world tour they're on, now and they're just, saying, LOOK i, mean good night. There, yeah and this is this is not a show that that requires no. Energy that's WHAT i was, thinking. SAYING i WATCHED i saw some footage Of angus and now he's gray headed like, me but but he's like he was still trying to do his little but he was. Fine the one Vocal is it the? Vocals they Brought Brian johnson, back he already lost lost his. Hearing, adler do you, Know.
Speaker 4: BECAUSE i, MEAN i always see this showing up in my.
Speaker 2: Feet uh, yeah no problem. There i'll go ahead and tell. You being a rock, star you have a. Pass you can dye your hair if you want.
Speaker 4: To, yeah, yeah you have a.
Speaker 2: Pass yeah yeah he. Does and and LIKE i saw the other women embracing the gray, though its pretty. Funny, yeah that's cool. TOO i saw somebody post something Saying Rod stewart is now. Embarrassing, yeah and he had to cancel a lot of. Show that's it's you can't, guys the Roman, stones The, Devil they're going to stay. Useful that's. Right everybody else when you're in your eighties late, seventies especially like you're talking this type of, music a lot of. Energy, yeah it's gonna be, tough you know. What Billy joel's falling. Around, Yeah Paul simon, today it's just headlines today From Paul, simon who is eighty. Three come, ON i know That Paul. Simon would you ever thinkig that would be mom on tour Gre, YEAH i can't imagine talking to mom and her saying this phrase back to. Me had to cancel some of my. Tour yeah What? Mom, Yeah i'm not gonna do a few. Dates got to have surgery Got vegas. Residents i'm not going to do. It Maybe greg containing the grocery. Store i've got to cancel the. GUYS i, Know, hey look, GUYS i know you' all come to see me and me a walk. You i've had to cancel. Cancer good news As greg's taking me to your groceres not, You, Rick, rick and we've even stick you handled the? Tour was it me and you talking about? It let's just call IT Axl rose is not sounding. Great oh that's. Bad oh it's. Bad, YEAH i SAW i saw a guy on the subway that had. ON i WOULD i can't imagine what this was like guns and roses at The. Apollo oh, wow AND i was. Interesting uh but, anyway So Paul, simon if you were going out to see eighty three year Old Paul, simon, uh he's it's they say minor, surgery but it has called him to cancel a few of his tour. Dates the fact that you're eighty three and can cancel tour dates means you had. Them yeah and that, yeah that's real and it made the news when you did. That that's amazing to. Me, yeah this this isn't good, Though we got you. Know, now they're not up in the age like. Everybody they're probably late. Sixties, yeah he had. Sixties But Deaf leopard's still out. There they were warming him last. WEEK i hear the and that they sound pretty but they're not. Eighties, no they're not in, there but they're in their. Sixties The, Stones like you, SAY i think some of our eighties year olds are comparing themselves to The. Stones, Yeah greg said it very. Clear they made a deal with the. Devil that's.
Speaker 6: Different, yeah, yeah, okay They Ringo starr like eighty Four and DIDN'T i see like last week he was In, Tuscaloos but did we want to see?
Speaker 2: That but didn't he HE i know he used to tour what he called his all star. Band he had a lot of other. People, okay so he's just, maybe BUT i don't.
Speaker 11: Know.
Speaker 8: Okay Rod stewart eighty years, old Headlining, glastonbury the huge, festival. Headlining he's one of the one of the, Headliners Rod, stewart uh is he's actually brought On Ronnie Wood so he Brings Ronnie wood on stead.
Speaker 2: One of their faces, together it's the two.
Speaker 4: Legends but he brings on first of, All Ronny. Wood so he brings On Ronnie wood here and Then, speedy you can't watch, This.
Speaker 8: He's gonna, say And lulu another, singer, wow so your ears do keep. Growing lulu is supposed to come out next, song.
Speaker 2: So now the. Done, well that's NOT i was going to wait a, minute Where's? Lulu for a, MINUTE i, Thought, Wolulu lulu is sitting down leaving one. Soaking where's Where's? Lulu lulu is.
Speaker 4: Not supposed to be on and?
Speaker 11: Off?
Speaker 2: SORRY i was coming on.
Speaker 4: This Then i'm SORRY i.
Speaker 2: Did that's that's not see But ronnie he made the. Deal it's. Different they'll just keep. Wronging you can tell you is coming do don't? Follow still has good hair, though and a fantastic.
Speaker 9: Suit this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 15: Show welcome to The Rick Birch, show broadcasting from The Real world With Speedy Greg, Addlering Rick burgess book up From Marcus time pull the.
Speaker 2: Show who's, ready There's.
Speaker 10: Reddy welcome to the Rig Burgess, show broadcasting from The Real. Word It's Speedy Gregg, Addlering Rick burgess book From marica's.
Speaker 2: Time pull the. Show all, right so, uh let's get started by chatting with You america and we haven't haven't chatted. Yet this week we open up all ten. Lines welcome to The Rick Burgess show for unscreened phone calls from the real. World unscreened phone. Calls all ten lines are. Available your number eight eight, eight the number six big. Vox so we'll roll through those rapid. Fire as you, know this is now the preferred. Way you're gonna hear. Ringing and as you're listening to the, RINGING i know that means that you're In and we'll start taking care of those on the fly as we. Go SO i, know with starting the, week sometimes you're a little. Groggy you gotta get your legs under. You look at it this way for look at it this way for a lot of. Us it is a short, week, okay somebody saying short, way short, way short. Week all, Right so so fire in here now and we'll get. Started So, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreened phone, calls go right.
Speaker 12: Ahead y'all was talking earlier about.
Speaker 7: Tipping. YEP i think it's.
Speaker 12: Crazy you go get an eighteen dollars haircut and they want to ask you for a tip that didn't take them ten minutes to cut some.
Speaker 2: Hair you're, right, yeah, yeah the and most of Them, Mariage well here's the other time. TOO i don't know the full workings of, this AND i REALIZE i may be unleashing the the hairstylist. Cracking but most of them rent out that booth space and they make their money and they set the prices based on what they got to pay back to the. House so they're not just making it on. TIPS i mean the tips is is? Additional, WELL i, always BUT i guess it's all according to what isn't it always?
Speaker 6: Tip they've got to rent the chair or whatever they whatever you. Use BUT i mean BEFORE i lost my hair and, shaved OH i got, haircut SO i took the boys all the. Time the tip was always kind of something that we did on top of. Priest, sure it was just a no brain understood get.
Speaker 2: Haircuts that's WHY i don't get a good point To let me tell you those, people let me two people don't need to comment on, this speedy and you have let me ask you. This think about. This how much money have you saved since you did? That think about? It how many years ago was that when you went completely? Bald, well that's one way to look at your. BALDNESS i mean that's a big. Number twenty years, me, no at least probably twenty. Three, wow, okay something like. That you probably very. Much did you get about every?
Speaker 6: Three BUT i mean the you, know it probably balances out a little bit with the cost of razors and, stuff.
Speaker 2: All, Right so, no that don't cost that. Much so say you got, it no, way but you can take a rasor and go a long time with.
Speaker 6: It, yeah sure, enough good when you. CAN i, Mean i'll extend. It BUT i am saving, Money you're, right all?
Speaker 8: Right so say you got four haircuts a year for twenty three, years that means you got ninety two, haircuts so ninety two.
Speaker 2: Times how much is a? Haircut twenty? Bucks?
Speaker 8: Usually, yeah you saved one, thousand eight hundred and forty dollars worth worth being.
Speaker 2: Balled now you haven't got a buy suntan products a bunch of. Hats, yeah you gotta do. That, hell you're on The Rick Birder. Show go ahead on, screen phone calls two REGs because you know count hey You, RICHARD i got to ask a. Question everybody's.
Speaker 16: Wondering look cameras that are talking about how they can see someone that's a're injured or, falling and they not also get on, there like if they're some kind of weirdo and like watch people you're walking around naked in their own home or.
Speaker 2: Something uh not, really because you decide where you give them access. To, yeah by the sensors you set up and the cameras and all.
Speaker 7: That so, no, no you know some.
Speaker 2: Weirdo, yeah, now some weirdo may put a camera and, say, hey.
Speaker 6: YEAH i got a little something for you, Now like on THE hd cameras that they have for inside they have inside in. Out, yeah those are, mobile so you can point them in what direction you, Want like the one we. Have it just points right at the front door entrance or. Whatever so if you see somebody one point at the, shower YEAH i do.
Speaker 2: That that's just for tear. There but you you have to give them access even no matter where you put. Them you have to say and now go to secure my. Home. Owe, yeah they don't just sit there and look at your house all.
Speaker 8: Day there's actually a physical. Shutter yeah that shuts on these simply saved. Cameras when the shutter, opens when the system is, armed you put it in away.
Speaker 4: Mode so it's it's a. Difference it's not like a person's looking at you in your robo.
Speaker 2: And sir are being in and, sir you revealed a lot by being the one who thought of, that. Sir are you looking for?
Speaker 4: Employment is that what he?
Speaker 2: Called anybody got a? Number how you? Monitor? YEAH i mean a? Job we, Continue hello, people unscreen phone. Calls Rick bird's show going all right, Behind we Continue Rick birders. Show unscreen phone.
Speaker 12: Calls go, Ahead, hey good. MORNING i know all of y'all our music fans back when music is really. Good i'm a. Fan so have y'all seen this kids group out Of San. Jose they're ten to twelve years old and they play covers of all the old good Music, Eagles, Fleetwood, Mac Super. Traump if you haven't pulled them, up they're call the Gray stones with an aide and watch.
Speaker 2: Them they're. Incredible, okay thank, you because they're playing other people's, Music BUT i, mean grace just they're they're talented that they can pull that off with that Young you're. RIGHT i like to see a couple of originals from. Them, yeah there was. ONE i want to hear your twelve year olds play The, eagles or just listen to The. EAGLES i, know, right, YEAH i mean, NO i got. It it's it's impressive for just one guy that he's got like three. Kids of course you see them when they start their little now they're. Grown, okay but he was really. Good they played a lot of covers vius of the, day And i'm telling these, KIDS i remember that you you showed me their. Stuff that's. Good they were. Good, Hello Rick burgers show on screen phone, calls go, ahead good morning.
Speaker 7: Guys, Hey Buddy jacksonsissippi is? Ready you're, Yes, yes let's.
Speaker 2: GO i wasn't.
Speaker 7: Piggy back over off of a couple of segments. Ago we y'all talked about you feel so bad for? Them, yes going back to The rick And bubba, show Her oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was the great best it really. Was, YEAH i didn't feel bad for after y'all backed me up that line about three four. Times how about? Life she didn't get an get? Life uh we. CONTINUE i found The.
Speaker 8: Greystones if we want to hear a quick clip of. Them it's kids, singing and it's surprising me what song they're.
Speaker 2: Doing, Rick oh look at the little. Kids you see my?
Speaker 6: Point the band sounds, GOOD i, know but the fact That bassis is bigger than, him way.
Speaker 2: Bigger, guys y'all thought that singing was.
Speaker 8: Good you, know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let somebody go that their voice is. Changing give Us michael. McDonald yeah it was, That Peter brady Super is that a? GIRL i think that's a. Girl, yes it's a. Girl, okay, GUYS i didn't. KNOW i thought it was a boy the whole. Time that's WHY i made fun of All, right let's go. Back they're good. Musicians they're good, musicians but they haven't found a singer. Yet, WELL i, mean she's she's she's. Eleven But i'm talking about. That doesn't the singer need to be the same level of the. Musicians if you're gonna try these, songs find me another, one, Maybe George, STRAIGHT i just play. Them i'll tell you. This When hanson came, out they sing better than. That and they were. Young there was also like three Young there was like this young guy with his. KIDS i was telling, you it's way better than. That do you remember WHEN i do you remember? That there was also like this all girl young band, too and they could they could. Jam they, yeah, yeah they've gotten older. Now remember when they were they were. Good the kid on the bass is. Funny he's the basis bigger than, him but he's playing the. Bass, actually, really NOW i can tell she's a. Girl, now, girl it's gonna not sound. Great but this is not the same.
Speaker 4: Girl is it's the same.
Speaker 2: GIRL i don't know about. That it's the same. Girl sure that's not Gooddy. Lee, yeah look like.
Speaker 4: The girl's not gonna sound. Great but the kid is gonna rip up a saxophone right after.
Speaker 7: That check it.
Speaker 2: Out look at that kid ripping up that. Saxophone, okay they need to kick her. Out i'm underwhound by. This there's gonna be. Better they're too far in the DON'T i tell? Her that's? True at the same. Level at one point then they. Progressed, yeah they're, like well that's my. Sister what we're gonna? Do kick out of the? BAND i THINK i think you're exactly right about.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: Great what is she gonna? Do, well maybe she can, sing you, know, okay, speed it's not Wonder maybe they should just do music because there's not good. Music, YEAH i know your single, operator smooth operators one more. Time that's a little. Bite i'm there are two different second that The The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 9: Show did you miss part of the show? Today catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show. Archive find them both At Rick burgersshow dot.
Speaker 2: Com all, Right. America SO i was off To New York. City i'm my oldest son and second oldest. Child Blake burgess lives there with his, Wife. Priscilla uh and both of them are, entertainers and so they they were in between, gigs and we had put this based on their tours and all this stuff on the, schedule uh and all the things they were involved in going for the. Weekend. Uh SO i Told, SHERRY i, Said and she's, LIKE i DON'T i, know, said, WELL i, said here we go putting our lives in the hands of the commercial. Airlines and she, goes don't do. This you got a bad street and Uh, So i'll get into that. Later let's talk about the joy Of New york. Hot it had cooled off On. FRIDAY i was gonna Say, Friday friday was, Nice saturday getting a little Warmer sunday, warm okay and Arm and this is the thing when you're. Going AND i want to first of, all AND i said this to them, personally AND i want to say it. Publicly i'm so grateful for the wonderful. Weekend they worked so hard to, say get us a plan every, day here's what we're gonna. Do and we wanted to. Go and we've been there as tourists many, times we've been there for work multiple. Times we wanted we had we wanted to go there and say we're just gonna we want to immerse ourselves into your. World do as the. Locals we want to be. Locals we're not gonna be tourists. Now, apparently according to my, SON i took it too far and and they Finally blake had, Said, dad that's that's. ENOUGH i started talking Like New yorkers and strug wanting to Say New york things and, uh AND i was gonna, say we're trying to teach. Us you know that they took one of us to go on the subway and all this kind of, stuff and so SO i a. Lot one time we did something that was Very New york is that we we switched trains from one train to another train to the. Location AND i started figuring it out through the through the. Weekend so on the final day when the last thing we had to do was get to WHICH i love to say With New yorkers Is. LaGuardia i love to Say, LaGuardia And i'm always always gonna say it that. Way BUT i did something That blake finally, Said dad that, Okay SO i had to say, That, Yes i'm on the, subway and all of a, SUDDEN i do. This, yeah then we're gonna do Is we're gonna take THE a, train jump over to the, one get off AT a one hundred and eighty first and then get uber and go to The. Guardia and he, Goes, dad please please please stop doing. That AND i was, Like i'm digging. THIS i, SAID i said, that, right DIDN'T? I and then of course his wife, said by the, way he did say, that, right that's exactly what we're. DOING i, Said i've been PAYING i, said so wait a. Minute so we're on THE, A we're gonna go to THE, ad then jump over to the, one and then that's gonna get us off at one hundred and Eighty First, street get, up maybe get an uber and take us To La guardia. Terminal see get on delta and he's like, that please sit quit telling everybody. That AND i was, like, THERE i think they Think i'm. LOCAL i guess that stopped doing. That they had heavy and get out of. Here what about Those? YANKEES i think? It and everybody talks like. That let me tell you what you can always get if you, ever if you ever want, to if you ever want to Get New yorkers, though going on, sports you just bring. It you just bring up The. Jets you don't even have to follow. Them you know they're not doing. Good oh what about Those? Jets? Huh tell me about?
Speaker 11: It what is that?
Speaker 2: Problem And i'm sure you're? Loud oh, YEAH i loved, IT i, SAID i hate The mets are not in. Town The, mets The, Mets and it was. GREAT i enjoyed. It was it great for? You? YEAH i enjoyed. It, yeah nobody else. Did how About? Sherry sherry tell me to? Stop so so everybody told you to? Stop, yes which MEANT i did it?
Speaker 9: More did it so?
Speaker 12: Much?
Speaker 2: Tall one? Thing don't take a, cab you're. Crazy get onto, One take that over to the take that over to the a. Train but the train's not run that. Today you had to catch it down that one hundred fifty fush you might want to try an. Uber so it was, great.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: YEAH i was having a blast with, it AND i kept ordering my food that way that Poor. Blake do you think when he, left he, went, oh, yeah let me tell you What i'm thinking about for, lunch And Blake blake takes his head and puts it, down thinking about A, ruben a Good, ruber'stromi the coming To crouch and the and The pistrimi and The. Ruben you're talking to them this, way the waiter and and and he just started looking at everybody at the table and they were like some man sitting next to. Him he sounds, like we don't know who he. Is it was available. Seed he took, it you know, what and it's. Convinced he sounds.
Speaker 9: Like BUT i feel Like.
Speaker 2: BLAKE i feel Like blake was managing me a little, bit like he was afraid we're going to embarrass him around The New, yorkers like, like LIKE i, said you, know if you sit out on the. SHOW i wonder why he would think. THAT i kept, saying, guys let's just take a, card and they're, Like, dad we're not going to take a. Car you were using this. Subway y'all can do the. Subway AND i, Said i'm only going to do the subway IF i get on THE a and he said dead please and uh and and SO i sat. Down that's not A boston. Accent WELL i sat. Down one. TIME i sat down and he was, Like, dad move, over just use one. Seat i'm, like what are you talking. About he, said you're sitting almost like two seats and people are. THERE i, said, well there's not enough. Room oh man. Spreading, yeah and so he he stuff like. THAT i feel like he WAS i felt like there were THINGS i was doing he kept correct when you were in the world and you want to be a, local, right oh, yeah so he's trying to help you be outre even did, This, sherry would you please order for? Dad don't every time he. Orders he dressed all like A New yorker.
Speaker 7: To the to the.
Speaker 2: PEOPLE i think he's. Nuts so tell me what's good? Here how about Those? Yankees? Right, okay that's. SO i tried all.
Speaker 9: THAT i loved.
Speaker 2: IT i tried it couldn't. Stop. Yeah so it's a part of being local is riding the. Subway did you take THE. A THE a train is a new, one and SO i knew us. Trained now you're not going to get the conditioning where you're standing, outside you, know and so but you're loud to where everybody else hears. You and by the, way hey, everybody you can't get that many people in the. Elevator, okay oh elevator was one more person trying to scoot. In, yeah and one D it's a. Stroller that's why they can't. Come it's A stroller's not a. Space the man has a stroller and shirt's like you could have just, said there's a stroller. HERE i, Said i'm going all in on the on The New York town move their space, book that's not there's no. Space he has a stroller and. Overloaded somebody get off and people to get All, YEAH i went all.
Speaker 11: IN i.
Speaker 2: COULDN'T i loved every second and the fact that it was bothering my. Kids what's better than? That do you think that other locals bought?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 2: Uh one guy did because he showed me all these. Photos, okay on the, SUBWAY i paid a price for the what do you what do you mean by? That, well you, Know i'm a. Photographer i'm not a, profession BUT i take. Pictures, Hell i'll show you some of. THEM i was, like, god, LORD i take your word for. It that's that right. There That's Saint patrick's. Catin look at that picture, there And i'm, like that is. Nice that is. Nice you ask? You do you ever forget? That there were a couple of times he's, like did you move here From? TEXAS i was, like, well, yeah, YEAH i Guess i'm picking up the accent. Right there's still a lot Of texas in, there a lot of work to. Do so wonderful. Weekend all we gotta, DO i mean all we gotta do is just fly. Home that's. It that's, nothing not even that far direct Fly what could possibly go? Wrong what could possibly go? Wrong so we'll be back hanging.
Speaker 9: There this is The Rick burgess Show Men Dope run in The. Rain the new book by With birches available now wherever you get.
Speaker 2: Books thank you for the feedback, too, Man, really the, family we really really really are moved by all. That thank you for all of you are reading the book or listening to. It love the. Feedback thank you so. Much all, Right so one thing THAT i this WHY i was going to found out that the other two sons actually were went to the farm over the. Weekend i'm, like what are you'all? Doing they were, down but you know, what you know when they went to campus with they notice stock With, mando stocked With mando. Products we're stocked With. MANDO i, MEAN i don't, know, boy stinking down at camp. House okay these let me tell. You mando was designed for men to keep to keep us from stinking from our pits to our. Feet, hey we'll stink and let's and let's just stop the. Stink mando seventy two hour Protection adler alluminum, free illuminum. Free about that mandelic acid seventy two hour or protection game, changer it's ALL i use now pH, optimized capable of blocking odors before they even. Start and you, know most men's dedorance might mask, it may neutralize it for a little, bit but it's not solving the. Problem clinically proven to work all day. Long have you got Your mando product? Yet go To shopmando dot. Com use the code Big vox at checkout and you'll save an additional twenty percent and get free. Shipping yes you, will so go right now To shopmando dot com Or Rick Burgess show dot com under. Sponsors so my family did not like me going that much into immersing myself Into New. York even got into an argument with The Red sox. Fan you're wearing that hat on the streets Of New? York are? You you got that hat on right here In New? York and, seriously what you were engaging people? Upout and she, goes you really embrace this local thing, there and she, said please stop doing The New YORK cpr. Joke everybody's heard. It you've told it me many. Times, yeah you know What New YORK'S Cpr, Isrick, please everybody knows that. Joke get up before you. Die Uh but, anyway, so uh, so, anyway she, goes, please you didn't listen To, blake did you when he was saying please. Stop had a wonderful. Time we immersed ourselves in their. World we had great, Food we had, great great, fellowship great. Time got to see the hangout at their, place their, APARTMENT a couple of lot was. Great you like their? Cat uh you Know irvin uh per Named Irvin. Perlin very interesting. Cat uh he is he's Got he wasn't crazy about. Company. Uh but but he didn't mistreat. Us did he go to? HIDING i just think he was ready for us to?
Speaker 8: Go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah and you Know sherry's allergic to. Cats but how about, This now they had zertech ready to, go And priscilla had cleaned the apartment of dander from top to. Bottom she's she keeps a very clean. Apartment And sherry never had allergic. Reaction oh. Good and plus who, knows maybe this cat's typo. ALLERGENIC i don't know that those. EXISTS i don't. KNOW i think the.
Speaker 4: Baldcats, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah one of those About Irvan Irvin pearlin is he's a he's a cool, Character. IRVING i like That Irvin. Perlin, Yeap just Three New yorkers right here? There, yeah get out of. Here do you see a? Play? RICK i SEE i said that you went to?
Speaker 11: See?
Speaker 2: Uh DO i remember the fifties Icon Bobby Darren no Dream, love oh Dream? Yeah? NO i remember.
Speaker 8: That this was A oh he just showed up on social media because he was like a thousand years, old and they're like propping him.
Speaker 2: Up with, like, no That's Frankie, valley That's Frankie. Valley Bobby darren died at thirty, seven had hard issues rheumatic fever as a. Kid you nailed.
Speaker 4: IT i had the other.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yeah and, so, uh it was The Bobby darren's. Story we went to a, matinee gonna hit the, mattinee have to take a gonna get on the probably need to get on THE d train for, that bless their, hearts take THE d, train jump off on the. Tool but then, anyway so we went to the, uh the play And i'm always blown, AWAY i really am at the incredible talent Of broadway. Plays it really is. Incredible And i'm not talking about just what's going on on the, stage the like, queues the visual stuff they do getting people on and off the. Stage it's it's, incredible it really. Is and so it was, great you, know good. Music uh the band was, fantastic which you knew there would, be and so enjoyed. That, bobby it Was Bobby Dooley's bobby. There Bobby dooley's completely different story Those his is Off. Broadway but BUT i think the story Of Bobby dooley one day we'll get. Too barrow's it's deserving of, It i'll tell you. That so so we have this incredible but you know what's hanging over me the whole, time WHICH i was told to stop thinking about, it was the flat. Home she was, like we're still be present with, Everybody, okay you know we're now in markets and going to museums and things like, that loving my time. Together but it's given me time to think about the flight starting to. Starting yeah, here, yeah so we probably need to be going what And cher, Goes you're bringing up our leaving. Time So i'm, thinking you, KNOW i got to get an uber and she's Like uber and she's, like, you we got plenty of. Time the traffic's not as. BAD i, said, well you know On, FRIDAY i, mean it was an hour to go six, miles, Right but this Is sunday, afternoon early. Evening we won't have that kind of traffic and we're going out of the. City would you like to pull up and see how long it would take right? NOW i would twenty four minutes if we, leave if the uber picks us, up you, know at foursh we're. Good we'll get. There our flight was supposed to leave it at six fifty. NINE i don't know why they do these weird. Times local. Time everything goes. Smooth we pick, up we say, goodbye we, hug pray where we, go get to the airport in plenty of. Time please tell me you said goodbye and your. Voice, hey enjoyed, time will? You? Guys hey looking forward to coming back Over, dad you can stop right and thank You, blake thank You, cella thank You Evn Levey. Cat so you know What New YORK cpi, is don't, You, Dad please don't do the. Joke. Joke but, anyway so you know when he, left you? Win thank? God, yeah, yeah here's the.
Speaker 8: Picture sherry posted this, picture AND i think it's the Conversation blake had with his wife after y'all.
Speaker 4: Left, Look i'm sorry he kept doing the. Voice i'm sorry he kept doing the.
Speaker 2: BOOK i kept telling him to stop, stop he kept doing.
Speaker 4: IT i couldn't help.
Speaker 2: It enjoyed our time. Together And blake's a. Planner he gets. That, honestly he understands the subtle concept all of. It so he kept us on a great. SCHEDULE i was very pleased with the. Schedule so so we we get, there needed more from the uber, guy not real. Talking if we get there there you find that uh, huh and so how about those jets. Hih so, anyway so we we get there and we have plenty of, time Plenty we get through, security, fine no issue. There we go to our. Gate we're supposed to board at six point. Thirty we're at we're we're inside and at our gate it probably five oh, wow, okay five point. Fifteen so we're gonna grab something to. Eat we're eating the food At, laguadia you, know at a food, here pretty Good, atlaguardia and you can let that. Go, yeah It's sherry, says we're Doing New york, guy and and so we're eating delicious. Meal AND i look over on the board because the apple lie to you the app trails. Behind know that about these airline. Apps it's it's great, technology but it's by it'll it'll reassure you that you're. Okay you better check that. Board AND i look over at the, board and WHERE i had clearly seen on time For birmingham direct flight From New, YORK i look over AND i see different. Color AND i get up from the. Table, sure she, said we're. DOING i, Said i'm going to the. Board something's going on on the. BOARD i go over, there six fifty nine delayed now seven. Fourteen AND i came back AND i, said well that's. TROUBLE i, said we're. Done we're. Done she, Said, rick that's fifteen. MINUTES i, said, baby just to, START i love you so. Much look how beautiful you are right. Now you're so. Cute aren't You just the, cutest most beautiful? Thing what a good? Weekend? HUH i enjoyed, it didn't? You? YES i. DID i, said well it's. OVER i, said now we enter into living. Hell and she, goes it's gonna be. FUN i, said, BABY i just. KNOW i know these. Things AND i, said you went From New, York rick to. DOOMSDAY i, Said, sherry let me warn you about something BECAUSE i know it's going to. Happen it's. Uncontrollable i'm going to try to run the. Airline you know. That she, GOES i do know. THAT i, Said i'm going to try to get this thing back on. Time and she, goes you don't work For, delta and and they're not going to give you. THAT i, SAID i can do. IT i KNOW i can get us home on time if they would just let me do. It and and she, goes they won't let you do. It she, goes are you going to go up to the desk now and ask them about? IT i, SAID i have to you know. That she, GOES i, know, honey go ahead and do it un. Informed SO i WALK i walk. UP i, said, okay then you must not know This Rick, Rick Southern rig Or Southern, rick BECAUSE i got to get To. Birmingham i'm going back To Southern. Rig I'm i'm. Doomsday got to get it three Fifteen, Rick, okay? Okay AND i, said, hey, look don't don't play. Games that's HOW i, SAID i know this whole. Deal, okay been their season. Traveler just tell me If i'm going. Home and she, goes, well you know it's delayed and got. IT i, said but seven. Fourteen that's not gonna, happen is. It let me just shoot me. Straight and she looked at me and she said. NO i, said but it's not on the board. Yet she, goes, no you're. Not it's not gonna be seven. Fourteen second, question is my plane that will take me To? Birmingham is it in the air on the way To? LaGuardia i, said excuse, me on the way To La guardia and she said.
Speaker 6: Yes now you're talking a loud enough for everybody, around you, Know, Okay, okay you're land laid a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, Yeah and PLUS i keep. Costume AND i, SAID I i'm, Sure cherry said his. LONGS i don't rebel. Rowls she'd like to see. Me it's fine to get inside my. System and she, Said I'll i'll stay here and guard our table and you can come, back because we weren't that far from. There and and she, Said i'm gonna eat if that's, okay you keep. EATING i got to get to the bottom of. This and she said it's in the. AIR i, said so that means it's gonna it's going to. Land is you just don't think it's gonna get to the gate and we're gonna get on and off by seven? Fourteen she, goes, no but are we going? Home she, Said i'm very confident you're going. HOME i, said you just don't know. When she, SAYS i don't. Know. When did she act like she cared at? All, yeah she was very. Nice, okay that's. Good it was all, right that's gray That, HELL i think my straightforard. Approach, hell let's just get to. It, OKAY i have to KNOW i won't tell. OTHERS i won't see. Anything i'll even let you get that seven fourteen up, there a little off you want to say it before you dooms dance with a seven, eighteen then the seven twenty. Six i'll tell you what else is The.
Speaker 9: Rick burgers show in a world that has gone? Nuts they are here too well to point it. Out, okay the Rick Burgers.
Speaker 2: Show all, Right SO i know now the plane is going to be, delayed And I'm i've done this. ENOUGH a lot of you have done it. Too you know now you're starting the commercial airline domino. Effect every second. Counts, now every second counts because you could be victim of something. Else, okay so the plane's. DELAYED i finished my. Dinner share it tells me to stop thinking about, it enjoy your. Dinner it's going to be. Fine you. Know now the planes in the, AIR i, SAID i don't know about our. TURNAROUND i, said this is where you get in the world of this crew has timed. Out we're missing a crew member this this person's getting off or waiting on that person to be. REPLACED i, said, baby it's chaos from here on that and this is Doomsday rick.
Speaker 6: Talking, yeah because you'll you'll worry who you're. With, yep because you'll go worst case scenario.
Speaker 2: HORRIBLE i, said we're never going. Home we might as. Never i'll never be, back and she, SAID i hope. THEY'LL i think the three can do the show without, me AND i wish them the. Best i'll never be home because of fifteen minute. Delay you've gone to. That, yeah But i've already been told that we ain't leaving. Them, Okay so the plane finally gets. Out texas sent us a, Text, yeah the plane's, frustrating Tex, yeah the plane finally gets to the. Gate sherry reminds me THAT i don't have to announce that to. Everybody here's a, plane AND i see. It there it, Is and Then i've become the person that's telling people they got to get everybody, off though everybody's got to get, off and then they got to clean the. Plane and then that's for they even start putting us. ON i, mean this is not IT'S i mean it's, here but who knows when we're. Leaving and then of course the person with the microphone to them mouth about to tell everybody that it's kind of, like, well he's covered. It so so is she pulling on your? Pants let sit, down, Please, Rick please sit, Down please sit. Down you're doing that thing that you said you weren't going to. DO i, said maybe that's just, Informative, rick that's not rebel. ROUSER i didn't call for us to take over the. Luck you didn't on The bahamas. Trip, yes now that, time you're. Right you know you nearly got arrested on. Them, YES i remember. That it's nothing like. That please just try to. Relax, okay there's nothing you do about. It, OKAY i, SAID i got to go talk to the wheelchair. People she, goes do not do, That AND i, SAID i, said the wheelchair, people they got to get.
Speaker 4: Ragged, ALSO i don't know if they like the wheelchair pace.
Speaker 2: People let me address the wheelchair. People first of, all where y'all come out of? Nowhere everybody's in a wheelchair now at the, airport there's not a flight. Anymore that's there's not some wheelchairperson or. Five, okay so the wheelchair allowed to, travel they, Are BUT i don't recoll that's me people in Wheelchair we got a lot of people in. Wheelchairs now it's a lengthy walk around the. Airport. Cabs they how did they suck it up?
Speaker 8: Before?
Speaker 2: Before all these red wheelchairs they just can't walk a great. Distance and these wheelchairs at the, airport they don't even like. Wheelchairs it really looks like you're moving, something you, know like like you've got a box you gotta. Move, yeah the type of, cart, yeah let's it doesn't look like a. Wheelchair but, anyway so what are you even going to say to do? Them, well this is WHAT i want to. Say first of, all my heart bleeds for the wheelchair, people and you. Don't that's good for you to say. That, SECONDLY i understand we need to accommodate you, perfectly get. It you got to start helping us a little. Bit let's have our act. Together if you're the sponsor of the wheelchair, person are you kidding? Me you don't have your ticket out ready to go and search for your first to? Load, okay they come to get. You if first of, all we're gonna start with people that need. ASSISTANCE i look, around they don't have her in a wheelchair. Yet i'm, like get her in a. Wheelchair she should already be in a wheelchair. Waiting and Then i'm looking at some daughter or. Something she's scrambling through a purse and the woman's, like do you have you got your boarding? Pass how can you not have that? Ready how can that not be? Ready and every minute is killing. Us every we're gonna have somebody to get kicked off this. Crew you're the, whelchair you know you're. First we none of us can get on into your Own you're scaring. People where's the person that does the? Wheelchair we need assistance over here At gate? Seventy can we get a wheelchair? Assistant Where? Hawaii was that person standing here? Ready and why don't y'all have her in the? Chair you don't know where your boarding pass?
Speaker 11: Is get it?
Speaker 2: Out you should have that standing mama should be in the. Wheelchair wheelchair person from the airport should be standing there ready to. Go we're all delayed. Here not that my heart doesn't, Break, no, REALLY i has none to do with. It it could be better on the, night but that you've got kind of a responsibility to be. Ready you're. First, Okay, hey some of y'all claiming you served our country, questionable, questionable stolen, Valor, hey, sir they didn't you put down your boarding? PASS i never saw you show that MILITARY. Id i'm watching everybody that loads before. Me i'm watching, okay because that that. PROCESS i could change that. Process this is WHAT i. Say all, right wheelchair, people let's get everybody in the, Wheelchairs let's get the let's get our staff behind the wheelchair. People everybody got you bored and pass? OUT i would be doing this one of the other planes, unloading, okay because we know this is next as there and when they go to the we're now cleaning up the. Plane let's get the wheelchair people in, line injured, people, uh broken leg, people, uh stroller. People all of y'all get. Ready you're, first y'all are so crucial to, this your. First how can y'all not be? Ready they seem surprised at their? First how many times has mama done? This so so we finally get, on we're still bogged down to getting. Into now we have to get mama out of the. Wheelchair this could work so much. Smoother. Uh and so so then we get in and we're, seated and therebody's going by and And sherry, goes are you? Okay? NOW i said, no, no, Honey, GOD i love. You do you think that we're? Done she, goes what do you? MEAN i, said, baby you. Don't have you ever been on tarmac? Terror have you never heard of tarmac? Terrors and she, Goes, BABY i, mean we're on the plane. Now they got us about thirty five minutes. Late but that's not that big a. DEAL i, said, no you're. Right if we, leave, baby do not one more step to? GO i, said until this thing lifts and WE i start seeing the ground go down as we go. Up it's not. Over she, goes we're on the. Plane, okay just are you'll whispering to each. Other she's trying to because it's people are going. By i'm, like let's go and uh and and walking too? Slow oh, YEAH i mean and been in, there squeaky, Will, hey you know that wasn't gonna fit in up in that up the rack up. There you knew. That how are you not? READY i don't understand why people weren't. READY i, mean get on here and get out and find somewhere to. Sit put your thing and let's sit. Down let's get. Ready And sherry, GOES i guess we're on the plane. Now she's texting, family we're on the. PLANE i, said don't text them we're. Not you don't text to work, LIFTING i, said when we start picking up speed down the run away and they say taking.
Speaker 9: Off this is The Rick Burgess. Show listen, up.
Speaker 11: Like we, say.
Speaker 2: You gotta find.
Speaker 9: The voice of reason in an unreasonable. World The Rick Burch You.
Speaker 2: Show thanks for being with Us. America, Man i'm telling you so much still to cover. Today if you've missed into the, show go back and grab it on the daily, archives either on the YouTube channel or the podcast. Channel follow those so that you get the notifications when the archives are, ready and catch any parts your. Manster go back and maybe catch part you want to hear. Again and for some that's how you get the show completely all, Right So i'll wrap it. UP a lot of you encourage you me on the text. Option thank. You, Look i'm trying straight. Up airlines has never been. NEEDED i really do BELIEVE i could fix the airlines if they would just let. Me so many things that are so, simple and every little mistake is the domino, effect you, Know and then you get into that world of, well now we're, so we're on the, tarmac we finally get everybody, loaded we start backing, up and sure he Goes, okay now see. There now the plane's backing. Up can you calm? Down, now we're? Fine maybe we are not. Fine we're In, LaGuardia AND i, said there's a there's a gillion planes. Here we're now off. Schedule we're not leaving when we're supposed. To i'm telling you this is gonna be tarmac. Terror so all of a, sudden the thing you, hate the plane moves a little. Bit AND i, said, Ye, now at this, point IF i was, running we're running the. AIRLINES i want to hear from the pilot. IMMEDIATELY i want a reassuring. VOICE i tell us what's going. On we've even gone through the safety deal where the you, know flight attendants have told us, about you, know the very complicated seat belt and you, know of, course you, KNOW i can't think of you, know she doing the whole deal about the oxygen and these. Things all that's in. Play she taking her, time but, no she knows that things aren't going. Well she's not, hustling AND i mean she's doing, it you, know but she knows we're not. LEAVING i can feel. It i'm watching every facial, expression And i'm to tell about we had a flight attendant that was hustling to and she. Would at this point you could tell she she couldn't hold it. In, OKAY i noticed she was getting out little. Waters that means we need to be, hydrated you. Know and so so we sit and we sit and we sit and we, sit and, sure he, goes every time you look out that, window you think you're going to find the, answer don't. YOU i, said it looks bad out. THERE i, said we got planes, Everywhere and she, goes, okay, well you probably don't know how The gordia. WORKS i, said oh, YEAH i can tell this is mass. Confusion we got. Problems and then you, know somebody behind what's going? On is there something wrong with the? Plane? Here know you're doing, no, no, no but we ain't leaving getting. Comfortable here comes tarmac. Terror pass it, on and so he's of that. Section, yeah so where'd you hear that the beard had got up? Front, Hey beard says we're in. Trouble he was the one that was kind of us and the woman in the. Wheelchair, so, uh you must work for the, airport, right, Yeah tarmac terror pass it on and so so then about a half hour we're sitting there with nothing we. Got, no we don't know what's going, on, lady and you know from The coppit. Punt, yeah so, uh let me kind of tell what's going on. Here And i'm. Okay, so uh it looks, like uh it's a little weather between us And, birmingham so they're Gonna i'm gonna reroute. Us i'm just kind of waiting on the. Reroute. Uh of COURSE i can't even get the tower right now to respond to my call, signs So i've ready got no. Information but, uh that's if you're gonna reroute.
Speaker 11: Us.
Speaker 2: Uh now the bad news is that's gonna be a runway on the completely other side of the. Airport and Then i'm groaning and sure it's just telling me, Start oh good, grief it's, over And cherisy please and people you don't have to turn.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think he must be a sky. Marshall, yeah they hear what's going, on and so sit. Tight you're, Right. Greg we'll get your air born as soon as we. Can i'll let you know when when they let me. Know, Okay so that's just About i'm gonna hit to M.
Speaker 11: And what do you?
Speaker 2: Say was there anything at the?
Speaker 11: End?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 11: No it's just.
Speaker 2: Mumbling they do that to make you think you missed. Something so people are calling you by your first. Name, yeah, yeah, okay heard his Name's, Rick Rick. Rick, help it's over starmak? Terror did he say? Terror and so that's a. Show we go, Another we go another thirty thirty thirty to forty minutes with, nothing And i'm completely coming. Apart cherish, is why don't you just read or SOMETHING i? Said MAYBE i can't read When i'm trying to get us out of. Here she, goes you're not getting us out of. Here you have nothing to do with. This you're in the. Seat so then i'll. See he, goes all, right all, right so, uh we got our. Regrounding we're going to be just moving away. Across it's going to be moving those so the stay in your seats Because i'm gonna have to move the plane from time to time as we. Uh and of course now my interpreted brain is making him say something he's not. Saying as we like a, turtle slowly and ever so, slowly like a lava, lamp ease so slowly forever over the never ending acreage of this, place to a place where we'll sit Again now he didn't say. That that's just what my mind was, saying you, heard BECAUSE i know what's going. On SO i just hang on. There i'll get. Us AND i, said no time, soon, folks pass it, on and so get your handhold. Comfortable so now we. Creep, hey look and we creep and and you can just start. Anticipating every revving of the engine brings. Hope you know WHAT i. Mean you're, like it's something. Different and THEN i start noticing there's planes. EVERYWHERE i now begin to instruct the cockpit through the flight attendant on. PLANES i think we can get in front of you got to cut this guy off right. Here and, sure he, Goes, rick this isn't, traffic, everybody this is a. Tower these people all have to GET i, SAID i don't understand why we're not being moved. Forward since we're off. Schedule somebody could be delayed fifteen minutes for us to get out of, here and we're already an hour and a half. Behind it seems like we would become. Priority and then she, goes, oh you're full blown doing it, now so you.
Speaker 14: Know what you.
Speaker 2: Hear then that's a good, POINT i, Mean Aaron Marshall rix got a great.
Speaker 7: Book and why is it?
Speaker 2: All why are we not being for our? TEST i, mean we're behind these other. People they seem like they're on. Schedule why don't we just cut in front of one of them and? Go they don't land, through you, know and and and you planes cut each. Other the pilot can hear. You i'm kind of hoping the flight attendant's passing it. On, Okay and so so we we go so so, far and now we're an hour and a. Half we've been, sitting could have been home by on the. Tournament Now i'm now that's starting to creep. In oh, No i'm almost home AND i hadn't even left. Yet THEN i begin to announce to everybody how much Sleep i'm getting if we were the land right, now and and shares deeming that. Unnecessary it is it, IS i, mean if we took off right now and so and we're not even taking, off passing. On, Yeah and so this was the cruelest that he did the whole. Time this was the most. COOL i start figuring out THAT i think he thinks we're not going to do the, math and most people. Aren't BUT i am coffee al, right, sick, GUYS i said word number eight for take. Off so you're, thinking you, know irobably two to three minutes for a, plane so you, know twenty four. MINUTES i believe this would be a count maybe. Airpony, well you.
Speaker 13: Know WHAT i.
Speaker 2: DO i write it down eight times. THREE i start my time for twenty four. Minutes we're leaving in twenty four. Minutes if he's telling us the, truth well about if you didn't have to add if he's telling us, odd, yeah, Okay so about twenty minutes go by and he comes back with a new. Update it acts like he didn't say the other, okkay, guys said that's in that ware number. Five so you figure five just LIKE i said a minute, ago two to three minutes over probably fifteen. Minutes you, KNOW i mean everybore no, no, no no no, no let's know what you'd go by now we should be four, minutes should be four, minutes pass it all and uh and sure. Goes please don't keep up with the. MATH sa that's what he. Said he. Said he, said he gave me to, it AND i even went worst case three minutes a. Plane he gave me IN i should have two minutes of. PLAN i went to, three so we should be four minutes from taking, off not another. Fifteen you're you're Telling sherry, this, yeah and she goes and everybody in my you, know because now my group they're, yeah, yeah two or three rows on either, side they're Dialed, oh they're dialed. In Hey beard up, here he's he's letting us know we should already be leaving it about four. Minutes he's got a great. Point and it was a good. Point so then are people trying to rest and they just wish you would be, Going oh, No i've got them all waiting for the next. Update and so then then the crewlest of the, crew flight chance for for THE, pa the plane. Flag, oh and foolishly everybody, thinks, oh we're up, now it's a ploy is to give you hope passing, ON i, said WE'RE i CAN i can tell by the traffic that's that's that was an Early it ain't time to. Prayer, well then it, happens this is the CLOSEST i came to, Fighting and then a fighting it broke. Out somebody moved to the. Bathroom what, Up, well they've been sitting for forty five and started moving to the. Bathroom and then now we have the female, boys ladies and. GENTLEMEN i must remind you again that no one getting up during our, time because if someone gets up and someone, standing we will lose our place in. Line, somebody.
Speaker 11: Sit.
Speaker 2: Down if we lose our place in line because of you like, this just hold. It we'll get airborne here in a. Minute then you can go get in back to his. Seat, Hey beard's, right you got to sit. Down eric Marsha rix, said we lose our place in. Line, sure it's, like let the man go to the. BATHROOM i, said he's killing. Us he shouldn't be moving right. Now well he, goes and So i'm, thinking AND i, think, well if this, happens so then slowly but, SURELY i saw us, turning And i'm, LIKE i think this is. It we sat on that tarmac until we took off for two, hours, Jlly so that put us a two hour. Flight we set in that plane for four hours for a two hour, flight and it WAS i mean.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 2: Was AND i had my body set for two hours in that, plane maybe two. TWENTY i didn't have MY i didn't have the timers set for four SO i have to be in the, right. Mindset If i'm flying, four it can't be a surprise for.
Speaker 7: Man AND i was.
Speaker 2: MAN i was coming, APART i mean coming apart of.
Speaker 9: Life now this is The Rick Burgess, show simply outworking the, competition the Rick Burgers. Show So i'm.
Speaker 2: Exhausted that's a lot of work getting all those people home last. Night so got that, done got, back got the, luggage got in the car middle of the, night got. Home didn't even realize till this morning when my clock went off at three point, fifteen AFTER i went to bed at eleven. Fifty when my clock went off this, morning did not remember. IT i don't Think i've told you this because you gave me a ride, Today. SPEEDY i walk out with my fob for my truck and start pressing it and realize my truck's not. Here you're hitting.
Speaker 8: THAT i.
Speaker 4: Loved that wasn't, planned y'all doing that this month wasn't.
Speaker 2: Planned sherry AND i met here at the Studio, friday and we were so tired and so, DONE i didn't even remember. It, now keep in, mind my truck won't fit in the, garage so it's usually just sitting there in the. DRIVEWAY i didn't even notice it wasn't. There sherry didn't. Either it was so she even goes On sherry a little sleepy share even, Went i'll put your key fob in here by your. Glasses she. Didn't she didn't remember that the truck wasn't. There and and so all of a SUDDEN i walk out to the driveway to come to work and REALIZE i got no. Ride And i'm, like you know what then even IF i Drive shery's, car now we have two cars up. There SO i, thought wait a, Minute speedy artiby almost to the studio AND i only lived like ten minutes from. Studios speedy can't pick me up this.
Speaker 11: One.
Speaker 2: Yeah but WHEN i saw CALLER id and it was, him you, know we did not get that reassuring. Text it was just it was was. Doomsday. Rick text was, LIKE i mean it's. Over Section leader didn't even textas none of.
Speaker 10: That it was.
Speaker 2: Doomsday.
Speaker 6: Rick, Oh i'm, delayed won't this is? It you, Know i'll live here, now and you know you've been practicing on being In New yorker, anyway was just taking a over to the. One so WHEN i saw the CALLER, ID i, went, uh, oh he's he's still In New. York he's about to call let me know how y'all got the, show Or i'm getting we're leaving.
Speaker 2: Now i'll be there early halfway through. SHOW i didn't want to be a bip BECAUSE i knew WHEN i was In, doomsday y'all were in, bed AND i didn't want to keep. Texting WHEN i pulled up AND i saw his, truck AND i was even earlier than. NORMAL i don't know, why, anyway AND i, thought, Well rick's, Here and THEN i got to thinking WHEN i got in, here AND i, said what? Manute and that means HE i knew you'd love you had Met sherry here from, YOU i, said that means he. Has he's either not back or he's gone home and it's going to get the truck. Later, yeah BUT i figured if you wasn't going to be, back we would have got a text from Text. Nation my daughter is someone who actually does need help at the, airports AND i Wish rick would take them over because it's the big mama wop wops that don't have their act. Together and IF i have their we we get we get on the, plane just Like rick, Said and that's the way all people should do. It AND i Wish rick would take it over for for all of us who truly do need to get on. First it's it's these people that are questionable that boget the ones and get the cards at At. Walmart, well, ma'am thank, you and tell your, daughter, uh she is an. Inspiration AND i WISH i wish they'd let me have. It, WELL i really. DO i just wish they'd, Say, rick here is the. Airline take. It, oh you'd be a game. Changer there's some things that go on to shouldn't go. On, Everything everything takes way too. Long let's go become a consultant and mark yourself to the.
Speaker 6: Airline you know you can't you can't hear the audio and the cockpit of what's going. On but when they get these, delayed, hey you're way WHAT i bet you the pilots and co pilots and THAT i bet you they get so frustrated because they want to.
Speaker 2: Go they're the victims of a horrible. System, LISTEN i bet you the so NOW i gotta tell, Everybody Cherry. Marvels everybody's mad at, me AND i really didn't do. It cherry, marvels y'all know. THIS i don't hear that great. Anymore And sherry marvels THAT i don't miss anything of any conversation of anybody that works with. Airline they said something about. Storms she, said what do you? Mean she, said see those two over there telling about? Storms she, was how do you even hear? THAT i, SAID i can't explain it out. Them, yeah you have this power of if you'll pay, attention you hear things like, WELL i don't, KNOW i, MEAN i hope she can you get here in? Time and you're, like oh AM i and then my my radar goes.
Speaker 9: Out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, NO i actually even figured out one. TIME i told, her BUT i, said we're short one on the, crew but nobody pass it. On and then all of a, sudden lasties and, gentlemen we're waiting on a crew member right. Now everybody looked at. MYSELF i told you, Her, Marshall, RICK i know what's going. ON i don't MISS i don't miss. Anything Beared man knows you'll listen to. Him, hey watch what he. Said, hey we're so and so so and so for for people in need. Assistance they passing on the person that helps people these sisters not. HERE i said that they're gonna have to wait on him or. Her let's get it, together, MAN i mean this first time we ever put people want to play and get them. Off do it all the. Time let's do it. Better it can be done. BETTER i mean that we we're better than. This and uh and so you know you're. Welcome how about? That how about when you get home, too and you've been you've been so run. Down now you can't go to? Sleep oh, yeah you've ever been so tired you can't? Sleep, well what it was, IS i knew THAT i don't like TO i don't like to go to bed IF i don't feel like i'm. Fresh, yeah BUT i couldn't put the time in the shower because that would take you sleep time. Away and THEN i get, IN i feel little. Clammy, yeah oh, yeah now that now that old plane.
Speaker 8: Everything they don't clean, planes, y'all they're They're i've heard some things about. PLANES i wear a hoodie and flip up the hood BECAUSE i don't want my head against that.
Speaker 2: Thing. Y'all i've heard horror. Stories you've heard, showering.
Speaker 8: SHOWERING i changed my. CLOTHES i don't wear the same. Shoes And i'm not a germ, freak but planes gross me. Out, man planes. Gross they're not the cleanest.
Speaker 2: Things, no he doubled up double gross me. Out planes. GROWS i had to bring it. Home that bring it. Home so let's talk about let's come back enjoy something that will thrill. Us the generally has jumped a. Fountain, OH i love every second. Today the generally has jumped in Downtown kentucky fountain over the. Weekend let's have a. Look let's have a.
Speaker 9: Look this is The Rick burgess. Show he doesn't HAVE. Ocd he just likes things to be a certain.
Speaker 2: Way Rick.
Speaker 9: Burgess, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes thanks for being with us. Today America.
Speaker 3: Independence day coming up short, week fourth Of july On. Friday if you're.
Speaker 2: Going to be in and Around Sweet, Home, alabama come on down To, Monobello. Alabama i'll be at The American. Village uh, boy they got a great forward show to them seeing. That come Go, friday And i'm looking forward to seeing all of you that will be. There all. Right so, big, big, big big big seal going on because Of Independence. Day, okay big it's a. Biggie it's from our friends at Brick House. Nutrition they have multiple. Products field Of, Greens field Of. GREENS i love, You field Of. Greens you carried me this week In field Of. Greens thank, you thank you very. Much i'm here today somewhat doing a. Show thank. You as a matter of, fact look At field Of. Greens they're so confident in. IT i mean if you are, not if your doctor doesn't notice the boost and your health that it, provides they'll refund your. Money so they've got, That they've Got Tate, lean they've got other. Products now here's the. Deal go see what Brick House nutrition. Has all, right go check it out right. Now we want you to use this code if you want to participate in this Cell fireworks twenty. Five fireworks twenty, five twenty five percent off everything they. Do, okay go to go to Brick House nutrition dot com Brick House nutrition dot. Com just like the, COMMENTS i brag Brick House nutrition dot com fireworks twenty five and you get twenty five percent off any, product but only for the next few. Days. Okay the link also At rick burgesshow dot com under. Sponsors all, Right so what what is this General lee thing? DOING i don't know what what is. This, uh the generally jumps a Downtown kentucky. Fountain, yes Some. Merchesterentucky, Yes, Somerset. Kentucky and for the.
Speaker 6: Record, uh it was not a sixty nine. Charger apparently it was a mocked up A md sixty nine Charger Crown, VICTORIA i should say mocked up as a.
Speaker 2: Charger but with charger panels or so do we count? This do we count? It it just a car. Jumping we're good with, it even though it's, painty like the, generally not really the. Generally, yeah for those of you cannot, see and and some most of you probably. Have you have people on. Rooftops you've Got, Somerset. Kentucky, yes you remember some second do you Remember bubba had a bunch of friends from, there and he'd always bring Up, Somerset kentucky up all the.
Speaker 6: Time, Okay, well they have lined the, STREETS i mean in front of story and, everything and they jumped the fountain and down in the square and this thing is flying and it comes. Through it's got. It it's got you, know of course the ramps and all this and here it comes goods it is it.
Speaker 2: Is that's good. Right watch, out watch, out. Barricade, yeah and please look off in the.
Speaker 6: District there's people where they don't get that thing, STUP i, know and they have, uh they had looked like they had some dive off with some soft walls.
Speaker 2: There greg that.
Speaker 6: Lined up that maybe helped keep keep him into where he didn't go into the side.
Speaker 2: Of the lot of room for. Error, no a good jump was a good.
Speaker 6: Jump so that was that was that that viewers from up high this this view here coming up that he's please.
Speaker 4: Watch how how close this cameraman is from losing a leg at?
Speaker 6: Least, yeah that's WHAT i was gonna. Say a camera there's a cameraman down on a knee. Here, yeah and here it comes and he's going and this cameraman just barely gets.
Speaker 4: Out Of what in the world is he?
Speaker 2: Doing this guy? Digging this guy. DIGGING i think that guy's. Going he's he's checking on the.
Speaker 4: Driver here you do, it, ok, right and then he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna Get he doesn't look like it's almost it's almost Like. Greg this guy.
Speaker 6: They said he was part of the production team and and again he was in charge of making sure he was. Safe he hit, back, MAN i don't know what he almost got. Destroyed but, HEY i don't know if y'all saw the. Impact should guy with that?
Speaker 2: Much this thing hit? Hard AND i think that's what they were concerned. About with this, much that's a pretty poorant job shitt in blue jean. Shorts, no you Know that's What i'm. Saying should he look a little more? Professional should should you be able to run better?
Speaker 6: TO i want, to, UH i want to see the cameraman's footage that almost got. KILLED i want to see.
Speaker 2: That he hung in a stair and didn't. REALIZE i, mean it's coming. Right there's a. Drone look at that. Drone, yeah that's the.
Speaker 6: One we watch this impact right, here so hard he, Hit, yeah AND i think that's why they were a little.
Speaker 2: Concerned and he almost drives into the. Wall, yeah, look y'all's clearly.
Speaker 4: Lost this camera, GUY i don't know what he was thinking BEING.
Speaker 2: I love his commitment to get us the. Shot, boy it looks like there's cameras all over the. Car to we need those that footage. Now if you notice, here look at how.
Speaker 4: Quick y'all he almost lost a foot at.
Speaker 2: Least Ye when you look, here, though this is. Wise the driver is actually using the wall to get this. Thing he is. Smart, yeah and then looking, palace this guy running in shorts hed. BONES i didn't know bones was my, goodness he was. Digging you hired that.
Speaker 6: Guy the amount of people in the, BACKGROUND i mean on the, Side, yeah that's one.
Speaker 2: Thing but where he was? Going did you see all? That let me side. It i'll tell you what we're gonna do down here In. Somerset, YEAH i, generally and we're gonna jump the. Fountain america is definitely back the. Fountain let me tell you. This we are so back you. Guys Larry wayne is. Digging he's ticking them up and putting them. Down i'm take that as. Fast that's as fast as he could possibly. Run i'm gonna tell you who's not. Digging AND i hope this the driver was not depending on. Him could you go? Back could you just build A? No, no this guy, here, uh the guy that's on the other side of the. Wall, yeah he's not not as much. Hustle he's. Tired and that's the reason Why Larry wayne beat him to get saving to sign the football. EXACTLY i ain't seen them rednecks running that hard Since bama's a day gains the game then the Good, yeah so. FANTASTIC i want to hear from somebody that was. There they even put the stars and bars on top of that for a while they, did even though that's what the car looked. Like it's just.
Speaker 6: Fantastic AND i thought first BEFORE i started reading, it where they filming a?
Speaker 2: Movie you know? What what was The that's a pretty big. Jump BUT i was trying to do some. Research hopefully somebody that, went BUT i seemed. Good old boy better had the mouth spot live from the show In, Somerset. Kentucky, yeah we need to know what this was. About why did it. Happen we're all for. IT i, mean we're we're, glad we love. It the driver's, okay they said, good but, man he. Goes is that one of the greatest? Ever when everybody saying about, it it's. Official you, know it's awesome if you uncontrolled The, YEAH i want to do just WATCHING i heard About, Ohill, yeah throw Them. America this is a nice looking downtown. TOO i love. IT i love those a little. Downtown there was a little narrow down.
Speaker 6: There he could have got, it So i'm not sure if he if this is this guy's thing if they do a lot of these stunts and this Guy Larry, wayne that's digging if he does that all the.
Speaker 2: Time AND i don't know or is he that guy that hangs around town that ain't, Right, greg just been there. Forever that's what he looks. Like he just goes off a, lot goes by, nickname but it's only one. Name they don't have the last. Name oh, no, Yeah. Johnny it's just just like a nickname that they call him squid or. Something you know WHAT i. Mean, Yeah, YEAH i tell you who's gonna be? Here squid gonna be the squid. DIGGING i think that's who it. WAS i think he's like he. Is he's running to the car. Guy he's still run.
Speaker 11: To the car.
Speaker 2: Guy it's what he. Does i'm with, You, GREG i think he thinks he's more important to that driver than he. Actually SO i have to agree with you on. That. Look somebody, Say, squid there it Is. Squid he's. Not he's. Not he's. Not he's dressed like that Stuff.
Speaker 6: Hadler somebody, says look Up Northeast ohio dukes On. Facebook they do a lot of stunt shows and dukes of hazard jumps.
Speaker 2: All over the country And squid's at. EVERYONE i don't, know maybe this is the, thing acting like they keep telling him not to come back and he shows.
Speaker 7: Up DO i?
Speaker 2: DO i see complete With stars And bars on to sure? Up baby What stars And bars had a rough, Run but that was a glorious day for you.
Speaker 8: KNOW.
Speaker 2: I LIKE i had to get to the window and then get thumbs.
Speaker 12: Up.
Speaker 2: There, boy he's all, right he's that guy he. Does thank, You. Squid we'll be. Back netflix has got a series coming, back and we kind of dug.
Speaker 8: It do we like the?
Speaker 2: Lineup we'll talk about. It we come, back, say, look.
Speaker 9: This is The Rick Burgess. Show he was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class Cloud Rick. Burgess here we.
Speaker 2: Go thanks for being with us, Today. America we'll get us some more of your phone calls coming. Up, okay a couple of things to hit. Today be missing the, show go, back grab it on The Daily, archives either on the podcast channel or on the YouTube. Channel both of those are available To you'll be sure you follow either one so you get that. Notification all, Right SO i remember we were kind of fired up When netflix did the. Series he's quarterback, quarterback, quarterback. Quarterback IF i remember it was.
Speaker 11: It was my.
Speaker 2: Homes it Was Kirk. Cousins what was the quarterback From oregon that was at the kind Of? Mariota, Yeah? Mariota who? Else was it just your? Story Russell?
Speaker 4: Wilson was he part Of.
Speaker 7: No he was.
Speaker 2: Not thanks for thanks for throwing that. Out thanks my Homes Cousins. Marioda, okay so it looks like this second, season season, Two Joe, Burrow Joe, Burrow Jared. Golf, okay do we Want Kirk cousins? Again not? Again, yes he's in it. Again do we was Now? Atlanta? Yeah they, signed but then did they trade? Him and this is when he was With atlanta and he's?
Speaker 7: Not is he?
Speaker 2: Not even where's he? AT i don't know what's Up Kirk. Cousins do we Want Kirk cousins? Again Iland? Browns for some, REASON i got everybody.
Speaker 8: Else he's, currently according To, google with The Atlanta falcons as their back UP.
Speaker 2: Qb all, Right, washington they, Say Joe, burrow everybody else is on there with The. Bengals golf will be with the with the, lines of, course and they're saying That Kirk cousins, AGAIN i don't know why he's back in. There, look he's a likable. Guy and although he's In, atlanta not where he. Was but of all the quarterbacks available for the Net netflix series, quarterback we're going With Kirk, cousins and normally a, starter It's. Flack, oh that's still with The, Browns that's. What, Yes SO i DON'T i think i'd, LIKE i don't know. That i'm all that intrigued with his. Story and you know what that tells you what nobody else wanted? It that's? Right, Yeah but LIKE i, MEAN i didn't. KNOW i don't know HOW i felt about. That, Uh pirates great And World Series Champion Dave parker has gone. On this is kind Of Cobra baby ready for this kind of. SAD i think it's only a couple of months before he was going to be inducted into The hall Of, fame which brings me back to this quest and why was he not already? In if you asked, me, Hey, greg Is Dave? Parker AND i said, absolutely, YEAH i didn't know that he. WOULDN'T i saw that. TOO i didn't know he wouldn't. Then so so now he didn't even get to enjoy it. Now, well, No, greg you about The, Cobra, greg but he's going to be. Dead he's not going to care about.
Speaker 6: That But, rick he's, saying he said it. WAS i think they could have done it. Earlier he could. Have he should have already been. In, rick that rock And.
Speaker 2: Roll hall Of fame does the same. Thing look At Half Bad company's, dad and they finally got in this, year, RIGHT i know that's.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 2: No WHEN i was a youngster AND i was following baseball, then AND i loved the We Are Family pirates star Be hive, hats AND i Love Dave. Parker, YEAH i mean it was a mountain of a.
Speaker 7: Man it. WAS i.
Speaker 2: HAD i had his trading card with that picture on it right. THERE i believe you're, right AND i dug. It never really liked those hats, now the beehive. Hat it was kind of throwback to old school. Baseball. St louis work. TOO i don't Remember Saint louis and. Beehives doesn't mean they. Weren't so he he. Was he was seven Time All, star twenty seven hundred, hits three hundred and thirty nine home. Runs SO i kind of wonder, What, greg what what we're waiting on. There. Yeah uh they call him the. Cobra, oh because HE'S i, mean he's. Deadly, okay he comes to the, Blake hey watch. Out, yeah he's dead when he comes to the, plate you, Know Willie Stargell. Man and that that was something to. Say we Fam. Yeah, yeah remember that you brought up the beehive. Hats oh, yeah that was that was SOME i kind of WISH i had.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh, yeah but, uh long, face that might work for. Me one with a show on. It no one will ever give her. Credit. Ever you want to go beehive and put This, yeah but bs down so bad the, microphone let's do. It we have to wear him during the show every day EVERY i know you've been wondering about who's gonna be named captain of the twenty twenty five W Nba All Star. Game, YEAH i know you've been worried to death about. This Indiana fever Star Caitlyn. Clark clark received one million, votes but, again she hasn't. Done she's getting no. Credit and we know, why getting no credit for bringing so many. Fans and it's a, fact it's a. Fact as a matter of, fact they never talked about it until She you can thank her for now that people watch. You whoever you are other great, play you'll become popular because now you've got eyes on. You. YEAH i. WAS i was at the, airport you, know watching to the letter when our plane would be taking, off and LIKE i saw a promo where they were featuring some woman that plays for one of the, teams who's the best defensive player in the. League they did a whole really cool promo, package you, know promoting the W. Nba AND i thought Before Kaitlyn, clark you didn't have any of. That, no you're in. It so over one million of, Vote so there you. Go, Now, GREG i don't know how we feel about. This And, adler you may have footage of This John travolta. Thing oh, no, Yeah well WHEN i heard about, THIS i didn't. KNOW i thought about secondhand. EMBARRASSMENT i thought about you we can have messing with the memories all of. That do we want to See John, Travolta, greg, YOU i can tell you don't, know dress at his age As Danny zuko From greece and come out in the. Guard we're gonna have to have a wig and talk like. Him, YES i would. NOT i mean because it's gonna be a. Bip it's going to.
Speaker 12: Where he.
Speaker 2: Is it's a grease sing along right. Here it, Is oh my, Gosh Hollywood bowl On friday, Night, Greg Greg, Gregg, yeah so, yeah you know he finally started wearing a hi. There, Okay So i'm not getting you up at or by not getting in the. Audio it was it's JUST i just found this in the last ten. Seconds was talking about we have the audio. Speed he's got, it but thanks for giving some Visual yeah Is, greg he's doing. That he's doing it, speedy are you? Okay? Okay here it comes the fact he came out and it was just you, know, hey how you doing that kind of. Thing there's one thing here it is, listen are you guys ready to do up up a little? Together good? Too? Free you're trying to show we love.
Speaker 11: You that's.
Speaker 2: Ship that's all he. Did that's not very much. SINGLE a sing along. EVENT i wish you sing a long. Event do they play the? Movie SO i got to sit there and sing the whole? Time, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hollywood The Hollywood bowl is twice as big as our biggest, amphitheater so it's a big.
Speaker 2: One what is that? People oh wait a, minute, now it's A hollywood big. Care see somebody pull up. CAPACITY i am, uh it's not big as the coke cold one over him By Greg. Greece, okay it's.
Speaker 4: Seventeen it's, seventeen, Right i'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry grease sing along event sing, Along thank you? Boy AND i like seventy. One the rest a suga is the only ONE i like is as far as, Musicals but there is no. Way what if you, Said, greg big night playing for? You What we're going to A grease sing? Along holy, MOLY i can't. Wait oh my. God there's so many people, there. Y'all, yeah people really go places and do. Things, yeah they do what's a lot of which is a lot of. Butchers obviously Why greg does?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah and if you said they sixty thousand people the seventeen to, five let me, Say greg's not gonna do anything called hand. Job PROBABLY i will not you.
Speaker 7: Up you do that.
Speaker 2: Job that's what it's called Hand give oh new, end because that's what it's going to. Go thought he was kaneking Eighty. Yeah, yeah people are saying To, adler a bowl is, cool but it's not that, big all, RIGHT i.
Speaker 4: UNDERSTOOD i inflated.
Speaker 2: It eighty thousand is at least it's bigger than The Rose. Bowl that's. SEVEN i think we gotta here's what messed me.
Speaker 8: Up, okay The Oak mountain whatever that they just tore. DOWN i thought it held more like this seventeen. Ten it held Ten Holli. BOWL i said it is around twice, that which is around.
Speaker 4: Seventeen that's almost.
Speaker 2: Twice, SORRY i was a little bit. Wrong it's, okay you're a long. Wrong all, right all, RIGHT i was a lot.
Speaker 4: More, well you said that Wasn't you said that wasn't wasn't then walking?
Speaker 2: On it wasn't the first one it. Was you, know there's this money that coach starred with. Him, no that was.
Speaker 4: Him that's.
Speaker 2: HIM i got the other. Guy it's.
Speaker 4: Him look at, it says.
Speaker 2: Him that's.
Speaker 9: Him this here's The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 4: Rockcasting from The Real.
Speaker 7: Light.
Speaker 2: America who's ready to? Go let's?
Speaker 8: Go are you?
Speaker 2: Ready let's?
Speaker 4: Go it's time for The Rig Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show come, On. America i'm Speedy Greg. Andler all here we'll go on screen phone calls coming up next, segment checking in with all of. You find out what is on your. Mind we've covered a lot, today so if you missed any of, that go back and catch it on the, archives either on the YouTube channel or the podcast. Channel you, KNOW i saw this story speed that you laid out, today AND i gotta, SAY i think they had it. COMING i think they had this. Coming here's the, Headline horrified tourist why as bison boils to? Death And Yellowstone Hot spring like a couple of the first THING i thought, OF i wonder if there was a moment in there where it actually kind of smelled, GOOD i mean meat, boiling uh at some, point probably a pretty good. AROMA i don't know that you're sticking around. THAT i, mean he's lived, there not a, moose as a bison's lived there his whole. Live he didn't know where that was the. Stuff BUT i think they had this. Coming they've been really treating us.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 2: Well they don't want their picture. Taken a lot of, goring a lot of throwing at throwing children in the. Air i'm kind of glad we took one. Out we didn't really do, it But i'm kind of glad nature. Did this was kind of a dumb. One so, Right, yeah the gene. Pool, yeah oh, MAN i WOULD i would. LIKE i would say you thinking about, it you, know when you got something in the in there, cooking thinking about hitting aroma for just a same, no, great think about. IT i mean buffalo. Meat he's got a lot of meat on. You Ever i've had buffalo. Me he's pretty. Good. Right but you think that shower didn't start smelling? Good, Different just that that heat working through the fur and all. That, Probably, YEAH i don't Think i'm around with. No, no, NO i. AGREE i think there's no. Doubt it was unpleasant to begin. With but if you could have done, IT i think there was a moment in there when the meat was just. Right probably not a bad, smell but you have to go. Through, yeah six hours in, listen six hours?
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 4: Huh six hours? In it was grand. Prismatic have you all been? There this is a very famous hot spring.
Speaker 2: And you haven't been. There it's the largest. One and have you been?
Speaker 16: There?
Speaker 2: Yes and obviously yes you walk in and so there it is right, here.
Speaker 8: Y'all there it is just in the hot Puddle, yellowstones one of one of the big attractions Of Yellowston Spring.
Speaker 2: Prismatic what is he? Like you, Said? GREG i mean he's. Dead it Doesn't it doesn't even sneak up on.
Speaker 4: You he just wandered into the scalding prismatic spring and.
Speaker 2: Died he probably had something wrong with, Him, yeah wasting. Disease nature takes care of. Things you can't. Blame you can't. Blame how quick did that? Happen you, know it happens. Quick it's some hot at some points at some point. There you, know we'll be blamed for this, somehow human. BEINGS i don't know. How, yeh, yeah wad he took away his land, something so he didn't have anywhere to, go and that's what they'll. Sure and there's always something you really you're. Surprises doesn't happen?
Speaker 9: MORE i?
Speaker 2: Know, WELL i think we go back To greg's. POINT i think it doesn't happen more because animals are usually pretty good about knowing their environment and their, surroundings and you don't see them put them themselves in this situation very. Much he didn't have good. Instincts he wasn't. Right something's wrong with.
Speaker 8: Him, yeah look this is there's like a big boardwalk where you can walk in in AMONGST.
Speaker 2: I don't walk. Ondalk that's too Close.
Speaker 8: I've been on this trail where this picture was taken, from And i've been on that boardwalk and it is, big and it is is, beautiful but it is. Hot it's bigger than about about about one hundred and six, degrees not as big as The Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Bull actually that's. Good think about how weird this. Is it's going on. Here it is. CRAZY i wonder IF i could leave my dad through. That, oh, buddy be a. Challenge you, know we have these stories and people get off the. TRAIL i, know everybody's got to be. Dumb to, me this looks a little treacherous for us to be drawing people to. It that's. True come here and look, around which would isolated from the rest of the. World, yeah it looks a little. Treacherous is it? Scary when you're, there.
Speaker 4: It's it's just.
Speaker 8: Odd and everywhere you look just looks like you're like At Willy wonker's chocolate factory and there's steam coming out of, this and there's this coming out of, there bubbling out of, there and you walk past something and it's like a mud that's boiling and there, like by the, way that mud is two hundred Degrees, Okay, well that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Mean, It that's WHAT i. MEAN i mean the room for error is like.
Speaker 8: Zero, yeah it's it's a wild place and you've kind of just, Like i'm Glad i'm here to check it, out AND i HOPE i get out of here before this whole thing Blows megavolcano.
Speaker 2: Style you, know pre pre, van pre. Van this.
Speaker 8: Was this was one of the van BECAUSE i did two rental van trips to make SURE i wanted to really be part of the van.
Speaker 2: Life AND i do remember he did that weird one where he was the only one in the van and everybody else met him there he picked it up and met.
Speaker 8: HIM i had to get BECAUSE i wanted a four by four BECAUSE i wanted to do some, trails uh like a, man like a, Man SO i had to fly Into Denver drive to.
Speaker 11: Do.
Speaker 10: That was?
Speaker 2: That, actually that? Trip it was?
Speaker 8: Great did uh Grand Grand teton as?
Speaker 4: Well did The Grand?
Speaker 2: Teton you like never left? That, Yeah i'm. Not i'm not going to you know what it. Means one, more you don't have to tell You i'm not going to wait into that When i'm already and one on the hand, Joint, Well i'm in In Calhoun. County you wouldn't say, That, yeah they. Would they would put the other word in ye oh my.
Speaker 6: God so are you like if if you're on that little boardwalk, there so if you step one step to and you fall, off.
Speaker 2: Your, gone don't step off the. BOARDWALK i mean there's no. Buffer this is no always you can't take that kind of. PRESSURE i mean that's you got a bound got about a thousand at that. Place now about whoever put it in, there if they were, LIKE i don't know if it's far, enough let's just try ALL i can think. About of Course cherry would be surey would be afraid of, this or she'd probably be. Okay but you know that. Happened by the, way went to the museum In New york this past. Weekend she got corrected, again got cold, again. Missus miss this has been the Whole Miss. SENORA i, Mean i've heard it all of the. World if she does not see these lines that they say don't, cross she's always she she'll go right across. Them you, know she'll get too close to a, picture touch a.
Speaker 4: Picture miss is she supposed to be standing so close to this?
Speaker 2: Picture? Rick see you look how close to the, line she is, good gracious right by the, way that was that was really incredible that people can do some of the things have. Done now there's some things that people who AND i over. THAT i, go, yeah that's. THAT i THINK i could do, that, Right but, now what are you? Doing look at this right? There what are you? Doing look at that right there in the country. Mouse i'm standing next To john dere country with a big City, Philip philip kind of you, KNOW i wanted to kind of have some camaraderie there with a fellow. Worker what's doing he's a? Farmer what do you mean was he? Doing he's an overalls he's going to somebody took a picture of that put on the. Wall, well somebody painted, It, Greg they're painted it based on to. Paint What i'll, Do i'll paint a guy standing on a tractor to be. Rude uh, oh that Means i'm not trying to be.
Speaker 4: Rude but why is?
Speaker 8: It why is everybody in the pictures it's not a lot of diversity in everybody's black in These.
Speaker 2: For somebody that was once a, liberal you see color a.
Speaker 8: LOT i don't, care But i'm just wondering what kind of people it's it's a display inside the.
Speaker 2: Museum it's not the only thing in the. Museum east floor has a different. Display this was an artist that is very well. Known by the, WAY i can't think of her, Name Ralf Top she did the she did how DO i google? IT a presidential portrait by the. Way, okay she Did obama's. Portrait, yeah the, first AND i know she Did. Obama she did the, first, LADY i can appreciate. That, yes that art they get. Anywhere it looks like. Monkeys, no one down at a. Canvas, No AND i would, go look at how you use these colors?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: Right it's, uh what do you mean how you use? It it's, like but y'all don't, understand like there's more there than just A John deere tractor and a man in his. Overalls THERE'S i like that. Stuff that the way he's standing SAYS. I i've overcome. SETBACKS i didn't see the one on the, left BUT i did see the one on the. Right it was.
Speaker 11: It's The.
Speaker 2: Obamas and the artist's name is something close To shedur IF i remember, right.
Speaker 4: It was Not Hammy.
Speaker 2: Sherld, okay see how CLOSE i. Was cheryl got show you got the. Show he was very close.
Speaker 8: AND u.
Speaker 2: And that was that was on our. List that was there for what was the name of the? Museum he went to The Whitby Whitley.
Speaker 4: Whitney that's not.
Speaker 2: Bad that good partial. Credits all, right let's let's say that was a ten point. Question how much CREDIT i? GIVE i, mean if it's in a word, bank you got? It, Okay, okay that was that was pretty. COLOSE i really fancy. Paint get none of. Them they weren't many of. Those. SEE i appreciated how detailed and all.
Speaker 11: This the.
Speaker 2: Colors i'm really big on the color of them standing on the. Car yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAH i was in there.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah that's a good.
Speaker 2: Time make fun of that. One to begin with his. Family we'll come, back we'll, go we'll go on, screen phone calls with, You. America plenty to talk about right after.
Speaker 9: This this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the?
Speaker 1: Table?
Speaker 9: Cool, no and get on the. Show one eight eight eight six eight.
Speaker 2: Foss all, Right, america here we, go open up those lines and let's chat with you rapid. Fire. Uh and this is your opportunity to be on the. Program if you hear it, ringing it means you're in, uh and we'll just kind of screen them as we go on the. Fly i've been working out much. Better, ACTUALLY i thought we're getting better, calls getting a little more quality on the. Calls as far as tex, TEXT i don't know what is the sound, quality it. SEEMS i don't want to mojo on. That i'm gonna be quiet By raycon Dot com Slash Big Vox speedy lost is this? Weekend, YEAH i don't know what to do about. That and word you lose them at the Movie eator at The. Movieator according To, river your grandson lost your. Acons maybe we think. So but you can get. More don't you worry about? This, no they're about half the price of the other premium audio. Brands shouldn't be a. Problem i'm going to try no different. Color. Yeah do you have the the By raycon Every day? Earbuds? Folks these are so good a, boy half the, price thirty two hours of battery, life multipoint. Connectivity ten minute charge gets you ninety minutes of. Battery they have sound profiles based on what you're listening. To they've got isolation, mode awareness, mode all of this at about half of the other brands that have the same. Features but how about this another fifteen percent off site wide because you're hanging with. Us so go to Buy raycon dot, com Slash Big, vox or go to rickburgessshow dot com under the sponsor's, button get yours and try to hang on to. Them, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, Calls go. Ahead, HEY i.
Speaker 11: Was just calling in regards to the men with just one, name Missus connie From. Georgia daddy passed away In may last, year but he had three brother in, law's One, humbug one Big, boy and one, blue and he had three best, friends, Skin squirrel And.
Speaker 2: Munchie is our culture like to hang out with that? Fun we continue unscreened phone. Calls this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 11: Show go, Ahead, Hey, RICK i just have WONDERED i have liberal friends AND i get all of my news from you.
Speaker 7: GUYS i need to find another source because WHEN i, say, OH i heard it From rick And, bubber OH i heard it from The Rick Burgess. Show to.
Speaker 11: Go SO i need to find where do y'all get your?
Speaker 2: News?
Speaker 14: Swhere how DO i come back and, say, well this is why.
Speaker 7: This is this, way because this is WHERE i heard it.
Speaker 11: From you know What i'm, saying it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of a hodgepod speedy you kind of do most of, That, Nadler where do y'all get most of? It?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: Wow, WELL x has a lot of the video that we play that backs up some of the written stories that we, have you, know but you have to verify At, Foxnews dailymail Dot, Com. YAHOO i know that some of those sounds like liberal, outlets but we basically a lot of, times at least When i'm, PRINTING i try to put the stories up against each other BEFORE i print, them you, know to see who who has the best written? Story is at the same pool story or is it? Legit and then go off of what we've seen over the weekend or the day prior to see if that matches the. Story there's a lot that goes into, it but sadly you have to really double check.
Speaker 2: Everything you want so much of. It, yeah And, jenny you don't have to apologize from getting your information from. Us, yeah just get new. Friends oh?
Speaker 4: Wow and UH i USE x a bunch for my news.
Speaker 5: Too uh oh, yeah because that's run by one by somebody who's In Trump administration's all a bunch of lives.
Speaker 8: Tubes, right and so you gotta be careful who you because there is a lot of fake, news frankly on x as, well but there's a lot of legitimate. News And i'll have people THAT i like and follow and know and, trust and THEN i add them to my daily news check list AND i can just swipe from you, know following to comedy to M M a to you, know the algorithm that they that they show, you or check my daily news Check BUT i also like to see what everybody is. SAYING i literally listen TO npr in my car to see what they are. SAYING i want to see what the other side is, saying how they're reporting. Things And i'm always. Disappointed i'm every single TIME i listen TO. Npr i'm so shocked by how much propaganda it. Is but, UH i always check in to see what the other side is, doing AND i try to get all opinions and form my.
Speaker 2: Own, yeah that's. Good And, jen if you want to have fun tell On BLAZE. Tv oh, yeah that's a good follow on. That, yes that is another. Story talker Land Bag shapiro. Everybody Joe, burgershow go, Ahead welcome to the. Show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 14: Hi i'm calling Come, Huntle. Alabama AND i just had a comment about THE acdc. Concert, yes, OKAY i think it has a lot to do with looking at it like on YouTube or. Something it's BECAUSE i Am i'm sixty three years. OLD i have been going to. CONCERTS i was a teenager in high, school, okay AND i. WENT i went to the one that was In nashville this couple months, ago about two months. Ago that was absolutely the best CONCERT i have ever. Been they, yes they're, older but they. Performed it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Night you, KNOW i think you're right there BECAUSE i think and we know this because people do it about. Us i've known st on all your social media. Platforms LIKE i, said it's kind of created a bastion for, cowards AND i think people sometimes just like to be. NEGATIVE i, mean it's like they don't want to comment on anything unless it's gonna be, negatives and they want to be the one to say that everything's, crap everything's, embarrassing that's, horrible that was. Terrible so you're, right you can't really take anyone's opinion on something, online and you're. Right sometimes if you watch something on YouTube and it's not coming through the, mix and maybe it's kind of distorting because it's too, loud you don't really get the full somebody's phone and they're. Recording, well thanks for.
Speaker 7: That that that. Was that, was that was.
Speaker 2: Helpful we. Continue, Hello Rick Birders show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 12: Ahead, hey this Is berdie the kid to want a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, Hey, brody what's That you spent that? Money what? Up, NO i haven't spent it, yet but it came. Out, oh don't spend it on one. Place oh look at? That there you? Are are we see you right? Now, yeah that's. All there's a picture of you looking. There greg's going to get coffee out of Ba bird just ball shirt like. It proud of you. Son, yeah that's. Good greg didn't think you should Spend that's. Good we. Continue Rick birders show on screen phone, calls go. Ahead he's fired. Up yeah that WAS i couldn't understand.
Speaker 11: It go.
Speaker 2: Ahead Rick Birders show on screen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 7: Yes, SIR i was At, Somerset. KENTUCKY i was with the car with the crew all like this and have a. MUSEUM i want to see if the interview with, You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, SQUID.
Speaker 11: I was. THERE i.
Speaker 7: WAS i Had i've got great footage of.
Speaker 2: It, too chasing the car when he.
Speaker 13: STOPPED i worked withous event By duke And John.
Speaker 7: Snyder, yes, Sir oh that's.
Speaker 2: Cool that was A it was an awesome. Crowd that was a great. Jack did you have did you have blue deep did you have blue? Jeans? Shorts? On?
Speaker 7: NO i was, Shorts, OKAY i had a bunch Of Davy duke.
Speaker 2: Shorts oh, YEAH i see a lot of. Those watch out a. MAN i cannot believe that he's a thirty five thousands. Almost. Yeah, yeah it was a it was. Awful.
Speaker 13: Friends i'm good friends with a stunt, Man Raymond. Connan, man he's a great, guy the guy that done the. Jump i've gotten you a jump car that he set the record with at two hundred and seventeen feet sitting in front of my. Business how about?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 2: Good all, right? Man thank you appreciate that line like a big da you were. There it was a Big we'll come. Back the question that's been all on all of our minds since Last. Thursday oh, no the Last, Wednesday. Thursday haven't heard a lot From. Larry we'll be.
Speaker 9: Back this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who removed the phrase what's your new good From? Society Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: And all, right thanks for being with us, Today. America we've enjoyed visiting with. You you got a little time, left a few more things to. Cover So Larry quest was. HUGE i, mean everywhere you go people will now SAY i was, THERE i, SAW i HEARD i was part Of Larry. QUEST i missed work over. IT i changed my vacation for. IT i for some reason decided that maybe it's time for me to Start Instagram. NOW i set notifications That i'd never set. Before but then it's almost like it was this huge moment in, time AND i haven't really heard. MUCH i Think larry And carolyn took a break On. Friday here we are almost to the end of another full show. Today we talked to him after you Left? Friday oh, really did did y'all have him on the show AFTER i Left? Friday? Yeah recalled. YOU i thought we talked to him with you. Here, no did y'all put him on the?
Speaker 4: AIR i don't remember it.
Speaker 2: All, yeah, YEAH i kind of remember it. All, YEAH i was, Late yeah it. Was it's a. Blur we do a. Lot but, yeah been a lot Of by the, WAY i forgot. THAT i left y'all here within an, hour left, side we all forgot. Everything you lovet your truck? Here sure, Right, yeah been a lot Of larry in my. Life first of, all we sent over a signed eight by ten of the, staff, uh and he sent me a photo of it framed in a gold, frame sitting in their, kitchen almost like a big OLD.
Speaker 11: I love.
Speaker 2: That, yeah like a big old that's the normal one looking good at. Me that's that's that's a better like a bitch Old. Addler and he also we had been texting a little bit and he, Said, hey just want to let you KNOW i got a challenge coin from the submarine school In connecticut in the Mail we called them three weeks. Ago please Tell rick And adler Left greg. Out, wow SO i don't want to hear about the. Mail, WELL i think he knows who cares FaceTime him this WEEKEND i just couldn't get to. It wait a, minute, whoa, whoa, whoa let's don't let's don't run past. That, yeah this Weekend larry asked you to FaceTime. Him first of, all anybody face but anybody asking you to FaceTime anybody a direct? Message? Buddy yeah yeah that, okay so wasn't. It but is he using this right?
Speaker 6: FaceTime i don't know if it's About facebook or. FaceTime he wants you to FaceTime him on your seal.
Speaker 2: Talk about. WHAT i don't. Know maybe it's that. Submarine, NO i doubt. It maybe it's not THAT i couldn't get to. It we LIKE i, said we had any, grandkids SO i didn't have a lot of downtime to get on the face. JAM i also want to Thank Kolaria Police. Department they sent him a patch so he started. Up how often has he contacted you Since? Thursday Since thursday on the way home, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten eleven, three we have heard from? It, OKAY i stand. Down, Yeah i've just gone back To i'm going. Back you, know you never know when somebody sometimes they seem to really want, something and then you move them into the spotlight and you, say in your time you are on right and then and then and then you step into that world LIKE i said a minute, ago where you know the bastion of cowards when for some, people for some, reason people just get a jolly out of being on social media and ripping everything to shreds no matter what it. Is and you, know you get out there and you, go, okay people are meeting That i've ever seen them as far as it comes to saying, things and, uh and you, KNOW i just, wondered you, know sometimes it's, like, wow we were of, Course i've never Known larry to be a person who desires to be. PRIVATE i mean he lets people stop by his. House he doesn't know, Boy, yeah, yeah he does new. Stories he calls radio stations and leaves the messages that he promotes his Collect maybe he's a little more savvy than somebody else would be that can get a little. Spooked, yeah oh, YEAH i mean we we had a great time. TOGETHER i also emailed you Over adler h you know him And. Carolyn you, know they they love each, other let me tell. You and and he sent a picture, there you, Know and we talked about when you. Left we talked about the fact That greg doesn't like. Convertibles he doesn't like Either i'm with, you AND i brought up you remember that. Mustang remember that must take in convertible way, back and he, sent this Is carolyn when she was, younger standing next to her, convertible that she Is, Carolyn and she, Said he, said hotest. Fire it's highest.
Speaker 4: Fire carolyn hanging by the, mustang putting out the.
Speaker 2: Vibes mama's got, hey mama's got a blue, Jeans. Joe, Yeah, Mercy carling's got a blue.
Speaker 4: Jean, hey that car is not the only thing that's got something painted.
Speaker 2: On if you know WHAT i, mean none of us were going. There none of us were going there painted on. JEANS i don't, know, NO i know. What you just don't need to, say has been active in the chat room whatever that. Means, Okay, speedy what year was your? MUSTANG i got it to look at. It let me tell you that he was buddy, Boy. Speedy let me tell you that the trading value.
Speaker 8: On that.
Speaker 2: What color was?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 2: Black tan? Top nice with the tan? Top you don't like Warm Trouble here comes trouble right here there.
Speaker 11: It, is.
Speaker 2: Of, COURSE i remember it with the tan.
Speaker 4: Too, yeah that's for a more classy somebody right here from right.
Speaker 2: Here somebody angry, jilick, somebody somebody somebody. Angry, NO i don't. KNOW i call him. Though was it a? Knife say what you need to be thinking before the cars can't? Talk what are you talking? About, well it's just. Best was it a knife or was it a high heel stabbing through?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 2: Oh, NO i did have a back had what the a bat messed up my? Car front front right quarter? Panal she beat the hell out of, it speeding the heck out of. It i'm, sorry deliberate way back somebody somebody can somebody cut the cut the canvas and beat it with a. Bat and you're asking me What i'm talking? About, say, well that's what my. FAULT i think something else was going. ON i was wrongly accused of SOME i was, Great, hey, wow you sell that for around eighteen K now it's in good. Shase that thing was? Nice telling who you trade that? To where'd you send?
Speaker 11: Them?
Speaker 2: Ghosts? UH i THINK i traded in for. That that Blue bronco that we turned into a little bit of a station.
Speaker 11: Van.
Speaker 2: Nice WHEN i went and Hunted. Radom he had rainbow equipment. Around OH i did that, too that's when you had to have.
Speaker 15: It it was A.
Speaker 2: Bronco, YEAH i THINK i did trade that in for A.
Speaker 6: Bronco but uh, BOY i tell, You i'd put the top down And, Tyler, tyler we're getting this car seat in the, back put his shades.
Speaker 12: On all.
Speaker 2: Right you don't think we'd get it a red. Light it's almost like it was an eyeball smile of people because it was almost, like you, know you put a little boy back. There it almost redeems. It, yeah its final, years it was. Redeemed that's. Good it was a family car, then, yeah, yeah a little bit, Right but, anyway it didn't know what to do as a family, car but it did tried. Well.
Speaker 6: Anyway back To larry and, them so they're doing well and they're still getting patches in and they appreciate all the.
Speaker 2: Love and uh so there there there that is, well cams are ripped, again good. Knife sure it would leak AND i put some duct tape on. There surely go over. There it be worth a lot of, money do. What yeah that car she's still. Had damn that. Cars, now LIKE i, KNOW i know a little bit about vintage. Vehicles you don't know anything about. It you, Know i'm the only person who's lesson you as. Me, well but at LEAST i know more than. You But, greg that's like saying you won The Special olympics in one hundred fifty fifty.
Speaker 9: Five the.
Speaker 6: Difference, YEAH i USUALLY i used to love that. Thing, boy it would with that five point zh that thing Would i'm talking.
Speaker 2: About so you're breaking the law, Now i'm just saying it. Go that is you getting ready on. It The mustang. Convertible you having to get rid of it was kind of Like adler having to get rid of his. Motorcycle yeah, yeah, yeah but mine was a guy looking, thing you.
Speaker 4: KNOW i remember my.
Speaker 8: Family my family got an expedition with, it four point six LEADER v eight in, it and that's for a.
Speaker 4: Full size EXPEDITION.
Speaker 8: Suv and SO i always wanted that five point Oh mustang because then you put that big old engine in that small car and, buddy you can.
Speaker 7: Go you really.
Speaker 2: Can't so that's. Cool, yeah that's a good.
Speaker 4: Job the old school five point ohers were so cool.
Speaker 11: Too.
Speaker 6: Man, YEAH i want to Test gregg's, memory because you know how he never forgets, anything.
Speaker 2: Well except things that he needs to, REMEMBER i, know which is. Crazy can you tell me the cars you've owned in? ORDER i owned? Many oh? WOW i owned or, owned drove the first. Thing the first THING i, OWNED i bought A toyota four ward drive pickup. Truck what's the first thing you? Drove the first THING i drove was the column or the station, wagon probably the station, wagon and then the three on the column in the, bronze and the and The chevy. Truck right then The chevy truck was pretty much. It after that it looking good. Yep and then at colle Since i've been Married, lisa she her dad was a car, salesman so she she won't keep oh, wow, yeah. Okay AND i had A jimmy. Gmc jimmy had a, pulsar remember The Nissan. Pulsar, YEAH i had a Grand. DAM i had a Good night tursail or. Something let me go. BACK i had two. Cameras let me go back to four runners on The toyota.
Speaker 7: Run.
Speaker 2: Listen let me go back to his First toyota four by. Four he started working for the power, company and he was like the first one of us that had like a real, job and like he like went and got a, real like a legit. Vehicle we didn't all know what to do because we never really thought it was possible to have a legit vehicle Straat, yep you had to have some vehicle that somebody was getting rid. OF i know it Was brandy because it was it was. STRIPPED i didn't have a lot of the fancy, stuff BUT i REMEMBER i was just marveling at. It we couldn't. Believe oh, yeah, Yeah, Greg greg was like we knew he was going place a real. Job Hey, greg what year was Your Nissan? Pulsar it was in the late eighties. Night, okay there was kind of A dolorean look. TOO i went on my honeymoon in. It. Real, yeah it was a little. Crowded, YEAH i bets you need a.
Speaker 9: Van this is The Rick Burgess. Show strange And, cutters the new podcast From Rick, Burgess get us no wherever you get.
Speaker 2: Podcasts diving into spiritual warfare deeply another. Episode, hey by the, Way, GREG i always chell you on this kind of. Stuff have you called the latest, episode JIM H, NO i haven't BECAUSE i normally On saturdays WHEN i RUN i listened to it, then and This SATURDAY i had the kids on. It BUT i don't no thirty. Ten, YEAH i usually On saturday morning WHILE i listened because you, KNOW i ain't. SURE i don't like all that spooky. Stuff that's What I'M i don't. THINKING i don't think you'd like SO i. Might what about when he was talking about the? Teeth that's our spooky?
Speaker 4: Spooky is one?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: Okay Well i'm not. Listening, hey what about when he's got to talk about them? Teeth did that? Bother you put it this way? Bother, yes it was so shook, up he. Said he think it led to a drinking. Problem he had to overcome what he, said the ghost Of Freddie. Murcury. NO i, mean so that's a good. Lie that's. Goods it took us out of a real uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Moment.
Speaker 2: Goods but he was so, shook so shook by, it he, said he, started you, know trying to drink hisself to. Sleep, WELL i don't want to hear because badly did he not say?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah not? Good all? Right so, yeah so catch catch episode. Six it's out now, where don't get. Pot have you ever done that? Drinking? NO i think he just un. Control your default was just always say. No, yeah that was that you? Drink, no, LISTEN i haven't.
Speaker 12: HEARD i have heard.
Speaker 2: That nineteen eighty. Nine you're looking no specific, Answer you're, Right, okay just let it. Go. Okay so, yeah my follow up question would have been on. Purpose so here is THE. Nba, well we don't care about THE, nba But adders, says we'll care about. This it's interesting AND i did find it. Interesting you, right you ran it by. Us.
Speaker 8: Okay so there is a player that plays For. Detroit his name The Detroit pistons Guard Malik. Beasley THE Us District Attorney's office is Investigating Detroit pistons Guard Malik beasley on allegations of gambling related TO nba games and prop.
Speaker 2: Bets.
Speaker 8: Interesting this is a he's AN nba free agent right, now and now people with this investigation, underway people are sending in clips of suspect. Instances this might be. Happening uh what tipped him off? INITIALLY i don't. KNOW i should know more about. This but the gameplay itself is the is what is so shocking to.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 8: Uh this is in the fourth quarter against The. Pacers, uh it's a kind of close. GAME i guess this was when he was playing for The.
Speaker 2: BUCKS i was gonna say THAT i don't see A detroit logo.
Speaker 8: And here he is garden up top here and This pacers, player oh, my just blows right past.
Speaker 2: Him and he whet know. What no he's not, no, no but it doesn't. Matter, antelright that's just. One that's just.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: Now this is When maleik was wide.
Speaker 8: Open The pistons are down, three game six of the playoffs versus The, knicks and this. Happens, uh he he drops a. Pass he's down, here and he's gonna be down right, here right, here, right.
Speaker 2: Y'all THAT'S i don't know about, that. Y'all that's gonna be. Hard people miss. Passes he, was they were down by.
Speaker 8: Three he has an opportunity to shoot a wide open, three and he bobbles.
Speaker 4: It it goes. Out they.
Speaker 2: LOSE i want to just shoot, it not ring. It if he's gonna do, that you, know we could not ring.
Speaker 4: It that's that's, one say not ring.
Speaker 6: It, yeah it does hurt that there was three seconds left when he when he caught. It, yes that does hurt a. Little here or when he was supposed to catch.
Speaker 4: It here's here's another. Example this one may be the.
Speaker 8: Worst this one may be the. Worst the spread is over eight point. Five that means if the spread becomes nine. Points everything. Change with five seconds, left he cuts the spread from nine to seven by going court to court and it's, like why did you try so hard hard to cut the?
Speaker 2: Spread?
Speaker 8: Uh, this there's five seconds left in the, fourth they're down and look he runs court to court and everybody's, like why are you even trying like?
Speaker 2: This and he goes in for the last, second you got to pull. Up everybody's, like what was that that that you change the?
Speaker 4: Spread that people make bets on all kinds like this? Much will they win by this?
Speaker 2: Much he?
Speaker 4: Had, yes the game is over and he goes court to court to.
Speaker 2: Change nobody knows why he's. Doing they don't even guard him right there you.
Speaker 8: Go nobod regards him because they're, like he's not gonna dribbled out Drib, yes that may be the most incriminating. One so that is interesting to. Me And Pete rose is watching from, heaven watching to see how this plays.
Speaker 2: Out beyonce left dangling mid. Air you see you see? This you said, somebody dude's a scary tentchnacle. Mishouse SO i don't, KNOW i don't see it on the. List you have the audio those, Speeds, YEAH i, CAN i can pull it up here speaking speaking of. Convertibles so where is the, audience, boy she's? Hanging where is?
Speaker 4: She they're just they're just putting the car down in the crowd because she's stuck in the.
Speaker 2: Car she did't tell. Me this is the first time seeing.
Speaker 6: This So beyonce had a major mishap at her homecoming show In. Houston it Was saturday. Night she was in a convertible car that gets raised and transported around the stadium on. Cables the car began tilting and she quickly stopped the. Song, later she thanked the, audience of, course but she was dangling almost upside down at an angle kind of.
Speaker 2: She she was, like, hey this isn't part of the.
Speaker 6: Show she got stuck dangling above the, audience and so she just, said, hey let's.
Speaker 2: Stop i've got a. Problem.
Speaker 6: Uh AND i got the clip of her, saying let's stop out of my channel. Here if it gets us in, trouble you can put it, Down, adler.
Speaker 7: She's.
Speaker 2: Performing, oh bring her, down.
Speaker 9: She's got the.
Speaker 4: Concert this is not.
Speaker 2: Normal, no it's not that. One she stuck, stuck you, know, honestly if she just sit in the middle of the. CAR i think it'd be. Fun did she? Wait did she did she? Do did she do? It is the? Question mm. Hmmmm well she's done.
Speaker 4: This a, lot a lot of junk in that drunk.
Speaker 1: Car.
Speaker 2: JOKE i mean that's glitterally outfit. There that's a, yeah you just wonder how that.
Speaker 6: Happened uh if she got so you're saying maybe she got too far on one side and she was the reason until that.
Speaker 4: Much junk on one.
Speaker 6: Side so she said on the back of it like she's in a. Parade, yeah she's sitting on the back waving to. Everybody AND i don't know if that's her. Fault she looks pretty centered to. Me to, me she's sliding the way it's she.
Speaker 2: THINKS i guess She's it looked like the car would have gotten. Down, okay but but you can't take chances at the pressure.
Speaker 4: With that much junk in that, trump you, know in the trump of the.
Speaker 2: Car thank you handler At Rick Burgess show dot. Com this is just a Car jokerndler at burgasshow dot Com ature being with.
Speaker 9: Us this is The Rick Burgess show