Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory spelling an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a napa right now, I'm a napa.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Napa.
Speaker 3: So I should go back to where this all began. I got invited to basically host Country in the Vineyard one night, flying up and getting to stay at Carnera's resort and spa, which I've always wanted to stay. So I was super excited. And basically I could have had two nights up here, which would have been a lovely getaway slash break slash.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: But I had planned to get my teeth done. So if you hear a lisp, then I have to call it out right now, I'm lisping because I am getting veneers. So my best friend since I was fifteen, doctor Kevin Sand's world renowned dentist, been best friends. We were roommates while he was in dental school. I was doing Nino two and oh like, we grew up together and now he's this uber dentist. He has offices in Beverly Hills in Dubai, and he does all the Kardashians, literally everybody, like any star that has a great smile, He's done it. Basically, anyway my teeth. I used to have great teeth, not gonna lie. I had braces. Men didn't wear my retainers, so I had one like lower like snagl tooth. But I had great teeth. I lived with a dentist. He was always whitening my teeth. If you look back at nine o two and oh, Donna is always smiling like really big, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, look at those teeth.
Speaker 3: Well, if any of my fans know now, or friends or family, I do not smile anymore. And people always say in comments like on my Instagram like smile, Like why don't you smile? Well, the truth is I let my.
Speaker 1: Teeth go to shit.
Speaker 2: Like literally used to take care.
Speaker 3: Of my teeth. Stop taking care of my teeth. A little bit of a fear of the dentist, not gonna lie, not gonna lie. And then you know, I got married, I had five kids. They became important. It's one of those things like when you have kids, you stopped, you know, going to get your eyebrows waxed and tweezed. You stop doing things for yourself. Stop getting fake. I haven't had it facial in eighteen years. You know, you just stop doing those little like self care things, well, at least me as a mom, I did, and my teeth were my last priority, which sucks. I mean, I was really proud that I never had one cavity before I was forty. Now it's a mess in there. But anyway, my teeth are like chipped. Yeah, thank you Jason Priestley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have a chipped front.
Speaker 3: Tooth from making out with Jason Priestley in an elevator and chip my front tooth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is way before he was married. You guys, this is like, you know, summer fling. I was shooting a TV movie in Vancouver. He was directing a movie or a TV show in Vancouver, and yeah, we had a fun summer. Nothing that hasn't been said before in the press.
Speaker 1: Tooth part hasn't been said up the press. This is news to me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that I've hooked up with him.
Speaker 1: How did he chip your tooth just kissing you? Did you like hit it hard with his tongue?
Speaker 2: I don't understand with his tongue.
Speaker 3: No, have you never been kissing a guy and you get like aggressive kiss in your teeth hit each other's teeth.
Speaker 1: Not with such impact that that it chips.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I have brittle teeth. I don't know that that would make sense. That would be my luck. But no, it's happened since him. So I had one that was.
Speaker 1: Always had happened again with it.
Speaker 3: Well no, Well we know Jenny has basically like lockjaw because they're aggressive kissing on the show as Kelly and Brandon. So you know, she says she has TMJ because of him and a clicking jaw. And at Steel City Con he literally we talked about this on the panel and she told him that and he was like, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I broke your face like her broken. I'm sorry I broke your mouth.
Speaker 1: No, he said he broke her face.
Speaker 3: Is that what he said?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jenny, he broke your face too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's a good but aggressive kisser. So there you go.
Speaker 3: So I always had to have bonding on my tooth because I had this chip tooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, bad teeth need to get them redone and as you get older, your teeth kind of shrink like your mouth shrinks. So whatever, my teeth have been horrible. I don't smile anymore. It's a big part of your confidence is your smile, and when you don't have that, like I always put my hand up when I laugh, like I just hate my smile. So my best friend, for my fiftieth birthday, yes I realized that was almost a year ago, gave me this. He said, I'm going to redo your teeth and we're going in and we're going to do them all. And I'm like, oh my god, I don't want I never wanted to be that girl with veneers. I don't know why, like you know, they shave your teeth down, and then like anyway, yeah, you know, I can't part with anything in storage, like I didn't want to part with my original teeth, but that's okay anyway. So he was like, I'm going to do your teeth. We finally set up a time and he's so booked out, like years in advance, that the only day he could do it is the day that I was going to go to NAPA. So I literally went and got my teeth done and I said, wait, wait, wait, I'm introducing Sarah Evans.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Like there's going to be a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be okay to speak right, And then I'm doing my podcast after and I'm interviewing Sarah Evans. I have to be able to speak, and he's like, you'll be fine. You'll have temporaries in so temporaries. I don't know if you know, but when you get Veneers, they have to take down your teeth. They put on temporaries that are like gluten basically like high end plastic dentures top and bottom, so it's like one piece on the top, one piece on the bottom, and then they craft your teeth and I'll get my real teeth in two weeks.
Speaker 1: I'll go back and.
Speaker 3: Get the permanent ones, and I'll have my Veneers and I'll have my life changing smile because I feel like this is really going to change my life, even just having these. Right now, look, I'm smiling, but I don't know how to smile. I forgot how to smile, So I'm going to have to relearn how to smile because I don't know. I've just always smiled like this and everyone says, why do you turn to the side.
Speaker 2: I turned to the side.
Speaker 3: Well, one because I like the side better and it's like a nose thing, but also because I don't have a smile. But now I'm going to be like smiling. See I have to learn. I'll get better at this. But anyway, he said it would be fine. It was a long process to get all my teeth fixed an entire day, and he booked out the day and I did it, and then they sedate you while you do it, which.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad at that. I was like, ooh, I get a little nap in.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: But then the next day, Ruth Anne and I had to fly to Napa so I could come host this. And I woke up and I started speaking, and I was like, oh boy, oh no, Like I couldn't tell the night before when I came home because numbing medicine, I just couldn't feel anything. So I was like, okay, I'm fine. But the next morning the numbing had wore off and I have this list, so that happened, and I'm like, I don't know what to do. So either I'm prepared to get on stage and tell like hundreds of people that I have temporary teeth in right now, or they're just gonna think I'm drunk. I don't know which is a better way to go, So I don't know. Anyway, we flew out here on JSX, which is basically like a private plane, a shared plan private plane, a shared private plane. I felt good about it because I was just on Channon and Chris's private plane, and now JSX and I might have to just partially share private planes. So if anyone has a private plane, I'm only going that route. Now imagine that would be nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I support that.
Speaker 3: Okay, slide into my DMS. If you have a private plane.
Speaker 1: You should also mention that you can't eat most things. Oh was when we were on the plane and I was like, oh, you said you had me eatn And I said, well, why don't you get some chips or nuts?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that was Sorry, I'm going to go backwards. When I woke up from anesthesia, I was loopy. My friend Carly picked me up and I was like, whoa, I wasn't okay, I was very loopy. But the anesesiologist, doctor Rad said, just so you know, while you have these in you can't eat anything hard. So soft stuff like smoothies, yogurt, pasta, nuts, no chips, no apples, no, they will pop out.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wait for how long?
Speaker 3: And he's like till you get your permanence in I was like for two weeks and he was like yeah, And I was like, oh wait, well I'm going to nap, but tomorrow and that's wine tasting country, Like, uh, I'm gonna go wine tasting and he's like okay, And I was like red wine and he's like, no, no, no, no, no, you will stain these. You will totally stay them, and you will not be able to smile at all. And I was like, oh my god, no, where there's a will, there's a way. So I was like, okay, I have to find a way to either funnel the red wine down.
Speaker 1: My throat or drink it with a straw.
Speaker 3: But if you drink it with a straw, I'm still fearful it'll like get back there. I think we just because we're going to do a wine tasting right after this podcast, so I'm going to hurry up here because I gotta go.
Speaker 2: But I would prefer to have.
Speaker 3: A funnel down my throat and have you just literally pour the wine tastings down my throat.
Speaker 1: I can do that, okay, you know, I'm I'm here for your toy. Whatever.
Speaker 2: I will be discarding any into the is it a spittoon.
Speaker 1: Is that what they call No, I'm not sure that was called in the Old West. They called them.
Speaker 3: When you're at it tasting and a winery if you ever go to one. I believe I haven't been to one in so long that they you're supposed to sip on the wine and you're like, hmm, do I like this one? If you don't like it, you discard of it, which I don't believe in that. I don't believe in discarding wine. I believe ingesting wine is the only way to go.
Speaker 1: So so wine guzzling instead of wine tasting.
Speaker 2: You can just call me a wine guzzler.
Speaker 1: No wine funneling.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with guzzling because, yeah, which reminds me of the last time I was in Napa. What you do when you come to Napa is you do wine tastings, right, and it's a foody experience and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful here.
Speaker 3: And the last time I was in Napa, which was three years ago, I got my nipples purised.
Speaker 1: That was two to three years ago.
Speaker 2: Three years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was many more years ago when you told us that, like maybe you.
Speaker 2: Were now eighteen oh, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh. That gives the whole different spin on that.
Speaker 2: Story, because that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: I came to NAPA and got my nipples pierced, like says no one ever at forty eight or forty seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, I did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was with a few friends and one of them got a nipple piercing with me. I believe in cemetery, so I did both. She only did one. But yeah, we were doing all these wine tastings. We're like, this is so fun. We have to catch our a flight home. And then I was like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I want to do. We should get Here's how it started.
Speaker 3: We should get a tattoo or a piercing, okay, and the girls are all drunk. We're all like, yeah, that sounds great, sounds like a good idea. And then I proceeded to yelp tattoo piercing places and we found one. It was in a gas station and that sounds sanitary, that looks us so I prompt left there and we drove to Petaluma, which is right in the vicinity.
Speaker 2: There's my slur.
Speaker 1: That's a slur, not a list.
Speaker 3: That's that's from my mimosa. That is not from my teeth lisp. Yeah, and we walked in and by the time we got there, it had gone from like oh we can get like matching tattoos, like oh, let's get a piercing too, Let's get.
Speaker 1: Our nipples in a gas station.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I did not go to that one. Yeah, it looks sus So.
Speaker 3: I found another one that was down a back alley and we went there and the guy was very nice. I got my nipples pearist and.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was nice. He was getting to see Tory Spelling's nipples.
Speaker 2: I know they're big, but they're good.
Speaker 3: Anyway, had that done, and I was really sad because when I had my boobs redone a year and a half ago or two years ago, they made me take them out and then they closed up.
Speaker 2: So I was like, wouldn't it be funny.
Speaker 3: If here and NAPA again, I got my nipples re pierisd.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're doing today. Kidding.
Speaker 2: Ham's like, no, you don't have time. You have to get to the airport.
Speaker 1: And is like, that's not on the itinerary.
Speaker 3: Imagine, well, no, I don't want to do it alone. If you're not going to pierce your nipple. No, I don't even have my ears pierced. What No, ever, no, never.
Speaker 1: That's one thing my parents didn't have to worry about was intravenous drug use. Because I'm so terrified of needles. I won't even get my ears pierced. Oh my gosh, why do you not know that about me?
Speaker 3: I didn't get my ears pierced til I was forty, but really, yeah, and then seven years later you ran and got your nipples pierced.
Speaker 1: That's a big leap.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: I got many piercings in between, so once you started, it was like, oh my god, well, yeah, my mom does not have her ear spearis. Her mom did not have her earsparis when I was little and I asked for it. My mom was like, no, no, no, no. You know when you're eighteen if you want to, but I don't want you to till then. And she always would show me her beautiful, big diamond earrings and she I guess when you tell a five year old this, they think different. She's like, you won't be able to wear these if you get your ears pears, and I was like, oh, that makes sense. But they were clip ons, so I could have worn them anyway.
Speaker 1: But I need to know what happened between when you turned eighteen and you were then lowed to go okay.
Speaker 3: When I turned eighteen, So any earrings you ever saw me wear on Nino Twoino were clip ons, which clip ons have evolved, but back in the nineties they didn't look so good anyway, I decided I didn't want to. So after eighteen, I was just like, eh, I'm not into earrings. I just didn't want to get my ears pierced. And then I said, if I ever have a daughter, I'll wait till she wants to, when she's ready, and I'll do it with her. And so when Stella was ready, because she's my first daughter and Hattie does not want her ears pierced yet, Stella and I got her ears pierced together, and I was forty. I did just let her get her belly button pearis. So yeah, I believe in letting my kids express themselves, you know, in moderation, like let's get it done now so later they're not like, ah, my friend just thought I was having a midlife crisis. She thought that when I had my Paris four years before that. I love that Parson.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not, it's called a Christina.
Speaker 3: I had a Christina. It is called that.
Speaker 1: That is it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So let me bring this back around. We get to NAPA.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's like mad dash.
Speaker 1: Get ready.
Speaker 2: I broke out my cowboy boots that I.
Speaker 3: Found in storage. See everything ties back around. So those storage lockers we saved. Oh update, I have all my storage lockers now and we've cleaned them all out and we're down to one.
Speaker 1: Have one. That's progress.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we get ready, leave the hotel, head over to the venue Uptown theater beautiful and there's people waiting in line and they're so excited to go in. And I go into the back entrance, go up to the green room and I have my speech on cards. Speech it was being dramatic. It was like introductions to the performers. And I started to rehearse them and.
Speaker 1: I was lisping so bad, like you are now like I am?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it kind of cute? The lisp?
Speaker 1: Kind of really?
Speaker 2: Should I keep it? So my cards it was like the first three words I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't even say, and Hannah had to rewrite it. Basically, Sarah Evans is a celebrated musician.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do it?
Speaker 2: See can't do it now.
Speaker 1: Sally sells seashells Way to Sea Shore. By the way, you were phenomenal and it made everybody think you should have a live stage show when you came out there and did your thing and announced Sarah Evans really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I could just be like the next Rand Seacrest.
Speaker 1: That too, okay with boobs with.
Speaker 3: Pierced boobs, re pierced. We got to get them re piers because.
Speaker 1: I winasting today. Let's find that that garage or gas station and go.
Speaker 3: I just might anyway. Yes, that was very fun. Introduced Sarah Evans, who was amazing. I had never met her before, and jokingly, when I left the stage, I was like, and soon to be my new best friend. Well, little did I know where the night would take me, because well, Sarah Evans is my new best friend. After her performance, we did my podcast and I'm so grateful she was on my podcast, and we did it across the street in a church, and I was nervous because my podcast is not the cleanest and I felt bad swearing or doing anything in a church.
Speaker 1: Felt Jewish guilt church I did.
Speaker 2: I felt Jewish guilt.
Speaker 3: Nice Jewish girl, but I knew, like I knew what I was doing because Donna Martin was it. Yeah, church going girl. Anyway, we had a lovely interview and I had to tell her write off, sorry about my list by on my teeth done, get it out of the way. I'm not drunk. But yeah, She's so fun and we had so much in common, and that was the highlight. Like later that night getting a text from Sarah Evans saying, oh my gosh, now we are best friends in real life, and I was like, oh, I love you, Sarah Evans. I told her this on the podcast. I just like saying her whole name. When people have really good names, you just like to say the whole name. So I just kept calling her Sarah Evans.
Speaker 1: You guys were hilarious together. We were very funny, really really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot stories.
Speaker 1: I love how you kept asking her to have her marriage counselor who set her up with her husband, oddly on my dad that maybe you could be introduced to the marriage counselor not for marriage counseling, but to potentially set you up with your next mate.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean she and her husband, Jay met through a marriage counselor she had for a previous marriage, so I was like, wow, that's a story. So yeah, I was like, well, you know, maybe he I'll go to him for counseling. First, Well, no, I'm no longer in a marriage, will he see me? Yeah, you could use some counseling, Yeah the way for sure. Either way, I could use some therapy. And then she said she could set me up with Kenny Chesney.
Speaker 1: I love that idea.
Speaker 3: I also introduced low Cash who They were.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: And total huge fans of Chris Preston and Chris.
Speaker 3: So I was rehearsing my intro for them, praying I wouldn't lisp and lo and behold, Preston is standing right behind me, and I was so embarrassed. But luckily he didn't care because he was like, oh my god, you have no idea my teenage self, like, my teenage rush is right here and my wife's right here. So so it was okay.
Speaker 2: They were lovely.
Speaker 1: What they wanted was you stick around so that you could come out and sing the last song with them.
Speaker 3: They wanted me to come out and sing with them on stage, which I said, I'm so sorry, but I have a lisp, and I'm really not drunk enough to get out there and do that. Right now, I think maybe you should go on the road with them, and I will go on the road.
Speaker 1: You can intro them.
Speaker 2: And so my whole thing.
Speaker 3: Is like, I never dated a musician. I was married for eighteen years, so I thought, Okay, you know, I'll never date a musician, Like that's just going to be something I will never know that life. But I am now no longer married, so that opportunity still exists. So I think I should start by being like a roadie, rupee. I want to be a groupie.
Speaker 1: Roopye more than yeah roady, and that you'd have to play.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have to lift stuff if I'm a roadie. Oh, I don't want to be a roadie. I don't lift heavy things. I'm going to be a groupie, a low cash groupie, A low cash groupie.
Speaker 1: They said you killed it, which you did.
Speaker 2: Wow, they're overly generous.
Speaker 1: And you have video of that.
Speaker 2: We do so, yeah, we ended the night on a high. Oh, we got to get out of here. We gotta leave.
Speaker 3: We've got to a wine tasting and we're gonna repierce my nipples. Win a Napa