Speaker 1: Welcome to the podcast. We got a new episode for you today. It's your Second Date podcast with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Yeah, we're home for this stuff. Loving the dating drama, and we love the comment board even more.
Speaker 2: You know, whether you leave your comments.
Speaker 1: On Spotify or on YouTube or you text them to seven eighty five nine two, we see them all I do.
Speaker 3: I try to peruse every social media out of ours every day and see what I can find.
Speaker 2: And I want to use that word. I know, thank you. I feel about it.
Speaker 4: I feel good.
Speaker 3: But one comment I did see is Crusy from Canada said, I'm from Canada and absolutely love this podcast. I dived into this rabbit hole around six months ago and now listening to every podcast kind of feels like one of those bad relationships that you can't leave.
Speaker 2: You're toxic for you.
Speaker 5: We gotta drama, I know, but we're cute, will Yeah, all right, Well let's continue this relationship with your brand new Second Date starting right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date update. Sports they're not just a good excuse for excessive drinking and yelling at referees. Sometimes they're a great way to accidentally meet somebody cute and if you're playing them, get some exercise in while you're at it.
Speaker 2: Yes to the cute part.
Speaker 4: Apparently, how one of our listeners met the girl he wants to call today through the magic of sports. Awesome.
Speaker 2: I love adult sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian, were you watching sports or were you playing them?
Speaker 6: I was playing nice.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Are you in a league for something?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in a rec league that's a soccer league.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so you're athletic.
Speaker 1: I was at one of those for a while and the games were like at eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, out, Yes.
Speaker 4: The whole point is to roll it into like a social activity afterwards, Like you don't want to do it in the morning, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Maybe drink after Maybe I was too old for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's cool. You're in a REX soccer league and who did you meet?
Speaker 6: There was this new player, Hannah team. They put her on our team. She just signed up and they put her on our team.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 6: I thought, wow, she's really cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got to play good today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, I welcomed her. You know, I tried to be in her area and when I could be around her and time out I would compliment her, you know, don't get crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could obviously tell that you were totally flirting with her.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to come on too strong, but the game and the game get going on, and I I ended up scoring the winning goal.
Speaker 1: Nice, you did it.
Speaker 4: Exciting.
Speaker 6: It was very exciting. Actually, you know, she congratulated me, and everybody was all happy and everything.
Speaker 4: And Hannah Joe up into your arms and give you a big kiss right on the mouth.
Speaker 6: No, but I got a high five at that point.
Speaker 4: I thought, just as.
Speaker 2: Good second best thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wait, is this the dat or did you finally ask her out?
Speaker 6: Well, afterwards, we often go out drinking the team, and so she went out with us and we started talking. And I do know some things about her, like she likes the cattle board and she had the cad. She's funny.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you sound smitten.
Speaker 4: The fact that you remember two details about her. We are absolutely over the movie.
Speaker 2: It's like the way he's saying it, like through a smile, like.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's so cute.
Speaker 6: I mean, I can't even I mean, it's been a couple of years I've been single, so she checked all the boxes.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, so did you find out if she's single?
Speaker 6: I mean, so we're talking and you know, and she left before I did. I went outside the bar and I was like, hey, you know, I know we're on the same soccer team, and maybe it's okay if I could ask you.
Speaker 4: Out all right. What was her response, Well, she's.
Speaker 6: Kind a hand and out. Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 6: And I was like, but I didn't give up. I was like, come on, if it doesn't work, we'll just go back to being, you know, soccer teammate, right.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to lose. It's not like you guys were friends previously exactly.
Speaker 6: I was like, come on, give it a shot. And I got her to say, you know, let me think about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta let me think about it.
Speaker 6: A girl, I gotta let me think about it.
Speaker 4: Women absolutely love a man drunkenly begging them to give them a chance and go out like, come on immediately if you keep asking, I don't know, she could say, oh, he's persistent, or she could be like he's a little thirsty, just so that you wouldn't have to keep on saying yeah.
Speaker 2: So did she think about it.
Speaker 6: Well, she was in. Finally she's like, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, charm, I think it's kind of cute.
Speaker 4: So she told you that outside the ball she was willing to go out with you.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: No, We exchanged numbers and she texted me later saying okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: So she really did think about it. That's better because she meant it.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So where'd you guys go?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Nowhere. The next day she changed her mind.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: I got a text from her and she was It's like I thought about it and maybe it's not a good idea.
Speaker 4: Oh no again, She's like right in the middle. She's like part of her was like not really, and then part was like actually yeah, but the drunk part of her is like maybe, and then the sober parts like this is a mistake. There's still a chance here, though, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She needs to stop thinking so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I agree. I mean, you know, I'm right with you guys. And I was like, stop thinking so much. Let's say you know, you know you want to That's what I was thinking, you know you want to?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So after that, did she show up to the next game or the next.
Speaker 6: The next game, she didn't even show up, and I was thinking, oh, man, I made her on comfortable, you know, and it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything you did is pretty innocent.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it should be something that would make her so uncomfortable to not show up unless you're not telling us everything.
Speaker 4: Are you being one hundred percent truthful with all the details.
Speaker 6: And there's nothing I can think of that I'm leaving out that I did anything dopey or anything.
Speaker 2: And no unsolicited photos also got sent to.
Speaker 6: Her fire.
Speaker 4: When you were begging her for a date. Did you have your pants on at the time? I did good, but the pants were sure. I mean, I know seems like ridiculous questions, but I swear you have no idea how many times we've been blindsided In the second part of these calls. With the details that come out, it'd be like, yeah, you lit himself on fire. No, I forgot to mention that. I don't think that was important. Okay, So, and how long has it been since you last spoke with Hannah.
Speaker 6: That we've actually text It's been over almost two weeks. A week and half of them text day.
Speaker 1: See if she even remembers you still, Oh, she'll remember if she didn't show up at the game, there's a reason.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll come back and we'll try to find out why your brand new teammate on your intermural soccer team doesn't want to go out on a date or even show up to the games anymore. Yeah, rude, we'll confront her right after this second date update. If you're just joining us for the second Date update, our listener, Brian played a little game of intramural soccer and scored more than just the winning goal. He scored a love connection with his new female teammate, Hannah. Okay, Hannah a true soccer battie or Saddie as we call her, well soccer battie. Yeah, coming up.
Speaker 2: With an I thought it was Saddy because she wasn't calling back.
Speaker 4: It works on so many different levels. I'm coming up with all sorts of fuel slang for the gen z Ors to use.
Speaker 2: Wordine.
Speaker 4: It's going to be for Jen Alpha. They'll pick it up and they'll actually appreciate it. The whole team, though, went and grabbed drinks together after their game, and Hannah told Brian she'd be open to going out with.
Speaker 2: Him after he asked her nine times.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, persistent. In fact, she texted him that later on in the night and then suddenly changed her mind the very next day. Classic saddie behavior. Yeah, but now we're stepping in. We're going to try and fix it, Brooke.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your take, oh, my take is going to ask yeah, take it away.
Speaker 1: My take is after she got home, she had a couple more glasses of wine and was binging her favorite show, and it's like, ah, fine.
Speaker 2: I'll go out with him.
Speaker 1: And then the next morning and she's like, what is I thinking? Yeah, but I don't think that means that we can't convince her.
Speaker 4: Stiff Brian, what do you think of Brook's theory that she's addicted to alcohol?
Speaker 6: Well? I hope not. I hope she feels the same way when she's not drinking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you need to come up with a prose list.
Speaker 1: Be ready for it when we finally introduce you onto the phone, like reasons.
Speaker 4: Why that sounds like fun, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, okay, prosen coglas no, no.
Speaker 2: Just pros just like reasons.
Speaker 1: She should say yes, Like you kept asking her, but you didn't give.
Speaker 3: Her why you know, you love making pros and cons list of guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just call to see what happens. Hello, Hey is this Hannah?
Speaker 8: Yes, this is Hannah. Who is this?
Speaker 4: This is a radio show calling. You called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: But I like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was way good morning.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 4: I know, over Joe, you're probably not used having a radio show call. But this is a segment that we're doing called a second date update.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's when someone goes out on a date with another person, or they met somebody really cool and they're not getting a call back for a second meetup. We can reach out on their behalf to try and help them figure out why. And Okay, in this scenario, you met a guy recently named Brian.
Speaker 8: Right, but I don't understand I didn't ever go on a first date with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, we know that he did tell us. But according to him, you said yes to going out on a date with him and then changed your mind the next day and didn't even show up to the soccer game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fine, he just wants to know maybe why why you changed your mind?
Speaker 8: I I guess where do I start? How much do you know? Why do you want to ask me.
Speaker 4: I mean, the snapshot of what we know is you played soccer together, you went and grabbed drinks afterwards. Yeah, you said yes to day, but then changed your mind the next day.
Speaker 8: Right, So I am single, and one of the reasons that I wanted to play soccer on this in this league is because I wanted to meet other people in the city. And if I'm being honest, I looked up all the guys on the aster just to see their status.
Speaker 4: I don't want to in case somebody else.
Speaker 2: There. She loves a good midfielder, but she's open to the goalie, you know what A.
Speaker 4: So does that mean that there was somebody else who caught your eye on the team?
Speaker 8: Well, not necessarily. So I was actually disappointed because every single man on the team is married. Oh wait, it was confusing. I'm not sure what he is because it says that he's not married, but he is kissing a woman in his pictures.
Speaker 3: Old photos from like you know, they're not that old.
Speaker 8: And I just I was like, Okay, I don't want to get involved with any drama.
Speaker 1: And so, so you think he's Brian's in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yes, at the very least, you might be totally right.
Speaker 4: He could be absolutely married and lying to us, But it would be strange to have him reach out to our show and have him listening to this call the entire time, because I need to let you know, Hannah, he is there listening to this.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, Ran, So wait, you snooped on all our media pages.
Speaker 6: That's weird.
Speaker 2: That's not weird.
Speaker 8: People do it all the time, and it's not like I was digging through it. I just wanted to see what everyone's relationship status was before I embarrass myself.
Speaker 4: And the fact that you're not immediately coming out saying I'm not married is a big red flag here.
Speaker 6: Brian, Well, I'm not married. It's an easy explanation. Okay, I know exactly what picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you kissing another woman that's my sister?
Speaker 4: Oh that makes so much sense.
Speaker 8: That doesn't make sense. You were kissing her on the mouth and you're holding her waist.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: That does not look like a sister picture.
Speaker 6: What the heck?
Speaker 2: And if it is, that's even more worrisome.
Speaker 4: Than whips on biological sister or stepsister, because clueless opened the door to a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right, what's going on?
Speaker 6: That's my sister. Listen, we're a close family, okay, and it's not weird to us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you would be comfortable introducing Hannah to the woman that was in that photo.
Speaker 4: My sister.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, do you not like, you know, I don't know if you have a brother, or do you not kiss your brother or you're now on.
Speaker 7: The let No, I do not, Okay, well we do.
Speaker 1: I don't think kissing on the lips with family is weird. I know you're gonna be like, oh, Brooke doesn't think that's weird.
Speaker 4: Of course you don't think your cousins is weird.
Speaker 1: But like posting a photo of it and also holding their waist at the same time, is yeah, there's something sensual about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where it doesn't feel there's.
Speaker 6: Nothing sensual about it from my point of view, I mean for a very close family. I'm poud of the tightness of our family.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Yeah, And I have the question I think is going to finally clear everything up here, Brian, have you gone to second base with her? Is that a family thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: All right, he has a limit.
Speaker 7: Anna.
Speaker 6: I wish you would have texted me and just asked me, like, Andy, who are you kissing this picture. I mean, I wouldn't have gone on to the radio to find this Outum, you.
Speaker 3: Should have tagged your sister so she could have stalk your whole family on social media.
Speaker 2: Too, figured it out.
Speaker 6: I did. I did have her tag, but recently she said could you take the tag off because she thought it was weird?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was just a photo that was taken at the wrong time, and it's a totally innocent thing.
Speaker 2: Hannah, it's just a tongue.
Speaker 8: It wasn't just one picture. He had like half a dozen on here, half a.
Speaker 4: Dozen wait, half a dozen sisters or half a dozen pictures.
Speaker 8: Of kissing his sister.
Speaker 4: I don't have that many photos.
Speaker 2: Of my brother's normal. What do you guys do where you're getting to craft that off.
Speaker 4: Family? Come on, guys, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Not weird to us, guys, it's my sister, you know, I mean, I don't. I don't know what else to say, you guys is like, why why is this so weird?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: We're all ganging up on Brian right now, and Hannah, what if he really is just a good family guy.
Speaker 2: You know, that's not bad, that's not that's a positive thing.
Speaker 8: I know it is. I mean, listen, the fact that he got on the radio and wanted to go out with me so badly.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that gesture.
Speaker 2: And he's taken this pretty well, like you're going hard.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure Brian would be willing to have his sister call you directly and be like nothing has ever happened between and rate.
Speaker 2: Him on how good he is at kissing.
Speaker 6: Oh that's nice. He's my kissing with my sister. Okay, it's a normal thing. If you look at it, you can see it. I mean, listen, kissing my sister and kissing someone i'm interested is totally different.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, and maybe part of the reason that you were so upset by the picture is you were a little bit jealous, Hannah, So yeah.
Speaker 8: I do, I do, I'm interested. Okay, it's weird that it's his sister, and it might take me a while to get over that.
Speaker 4: Well maybe, okay, take a day, but in the MIDDI.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, don't let her take a day. Last case, that's time she changed her mind.
Speaker 4: Oh right, okay, you have five seconds to decide would you like another date with Brian?
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, I will give him another chance.
Speaker 6: There you go, Brian, and come and come back to the team to come on for.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 6: Okay to that too, kiss.
Speaker 2: Related, So come on faking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, if you take all of the second date updates that we've done this year alone, it's been a lot, like one hundred, one hundred and twenty maybe just this year. I think it's pretty incredible that we got a woman to say yes to a guy who admits to mouth kissing his own sister. Oh man, we should be proud of that.
Speaker 2: You know, we never asked if it was closed mouth.
Speaker 4: We didn't ask if there was clothes either. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I assume it was a pack. But why so many photos?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where it's like we need to capture it.
Speaker 2: I mean even the sister's like, yo, bro, you got to take that down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd hope. Oh she did take it down. Well, he at least is proud of his family and the family bond that they share. And we should be proud because it says something about us that we can make the sister kissers of the world seem normal and dare I say it's sexy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, your sister's coming to town soon, isn't she.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, she's supposed to come visit my and see my new house.
Speaker 9: Who knows what might happen for everybody we'll see.
Speaker 4: But you know, if you need our help, kissing or anything else, you know, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second date updates. They're up wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey